时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | Hi, this is Divya. | 你好 我是迪芙娅 |
[00:50] | Please leave a message. Thank you. | 请留下口讯 谢谢 |
[00:54] | Mom! | 妈 |
[00:55] | You gotta pick up. | 你得接接电话 |
[00:56] | Okay? I’ve got some crazy news. | 我有几个惊爆的消息 |
[00:59] | I got a callback from an agency. | 我收到了出版商的回电 |
[01:01] | Like a real novelist agency, okay? | 真正的小说出版商 |
[01:04] | I have a meeting in New York on Friday. | 周五我要在纽约和他们面谈 |
[01:07] | I mean, this is so insane! | 简直太疯狂了 |
[01:10] | It’s crazy! I mean… | 太爽了 |
[01:12] | Okay, I just wanted to let you know | 我只是想要告诉你 |
[01:14] | I made it all the way through. I’m here now. | 一路风尘仆仆 我现在到了 |
[01:16] | I got myself a little motel | 我给自己订了家小旅馆 |
[01:19] | and I’m just gonna hole myself in here | 我就准备窝在这里 |
[01:22] | and try and finish the book. | 尽量把书写完 |
[01:24] | You know, that way, in case I’m pitching the book | 这样万一周五我向出版商推销小说 |
[01:26] | on Friday to the agent and he seems to like it, | 他喜欢的话 |
[01:28] | I can just kind of slide it across the table | 我就可以把书交给他 |
[01:32] | and be like, “Boom, there’s my book, bitch.” | 然后说这就是我的书 贱人 |
[01:36] | You know? I mean, of course, minus the bitch part. | 当然了 贱人这部分省掉 |
[01:39] | I mean, this is just so crazy, right? | 简直是太疯狂了 |
[01:46] | I love you and I will talk to you soon. | 我爱你 再聊 |
[01:50] | Bye. | 拜 |
[01:57] | For a writer does not sit around | 作家不会闲坐着 |
[01:59] | and think about writing. | 苦思写作 |
[02:01] | A writer does not talk to his friends | 作家不会跟朋友说 |
[02:04] | about when he plans to start writing. | 他在计划开始写作 |
[02:06] | A writer simply writes. | 作家只会写作 |
[02:10] | Know that you are a creative spirit | 要知道你是个有创造力的人 |
[02:13] | and your voice will flow through you | 如果让思绪自由流淌 |
[02:16] | if you allow the river to flow freely. | 你的声音将会在你身体内流过 |
[02:19] | Now, turn off this silly old man’s voice | 关掉这个愚蠢老男人的声音 |
[02:23] | and go write. | 去写作吧 |
[02:49] | Hey, Mom, it’s me again. | 妈 又是我 |
[02:53] | I can’t find my laptop. | 我找不到我的笔记本电脑了 |
[02:57] | I was wondering if… | 我在想是不是… |
[02:59] | Oh, God, I hope not. | 天呐 但愿不是 |
[03:01] | I was wondering if maybe I forgot it at your apartment. | 我在想也许我落在你家了 |
[03:07] | Yeah, which is not good | 这下可糟了 |
[03:11] | because I’m really far. | 因为我真的离得很远 |
[03:15] | Could you just please call me back | 你收到留言后 |
[03:18] | when you get this? | 能不能给我回电 |
[03:19] | It’s important. | 事情很重要 |
[03:21] | Okay? Love you. Bye. | 爱你 拜 |
[03:28] | Come on, where are you? | 拜托 电脑在哪呢 |
[03:31] | Lesbian and gay groups hope that having | 同性恋者群体希望 |
[03:33] | a lesbian lead character on a TV series | 在电视剧上出现女同性恋主角 |
[03:36] | will make Americans more sympathetic | 会让美国人更加能理解 |
[03:38] | to their challenges. | 他们所面临的挑战 |
[03:39] | – But Alison Stewart… – Come on, Mom. | -但是艾丽森·斯图尔特 -拜托 妈 |
[03:41] | …visited the campus in Roanoke, Virginia, | 访问弗吉尼亚州罗阿诺克校园 |
[03:42] | and found out that just because Ellen DeGeneres has come out… | 发现因为艾伦·德杰尼勒斯的出柜 |
[04:05] | – Hello? – Anish? | -喂 -阿尼什 |
[04:06] | Mom! Where have you been? | 妈 你去哪了 |
[04:08] | Hi, baby. I was at work. | 宝贝 我之前在上班 |
[04:09] | And then I went to the store, then I was sleeping, | 然后去了商店 睡了会觉 |
[04:11] | and then I was watching a very funny program on TV | 接着看了一个非常有趣的电视节目 |
[04:14] | – about these– – No, Mom, | -是关于… -不 妈 |
[04:15] | I called you a million times. | 我打了上百个电话给你 |
[04:15] | – Why didn’t you pick up? – Oh, it was you? | -你为什么不接 -是你打的吗 |
[04:17] | I thought it was the telemarketers calling me. | 我以为是电话营销员打来的 |
[04:19] | I have such a hard time saying no, | 我很难拒绝他们 |
[04:21] | so I simply– I just don’t even pick up the phone anymore. | 所以我干脆就再也不接他们的电话了 |
[04:23] | Did you not hear me yelling into your answering machine? | 你没听到我在电话答录机上大吼吗 |
[04:27] | I have an answering machine? | 我有电话答录机吗 |
[04:29] | Yes, Mom. I got it for you for your birthday, remember? | 妈 你有 你生日时我送你的 记得吗 |
[04:32] | It’s set up in the kitchen. | 在厨房里 |
[04:34] | No, I don’t know how to use it, so I just– | 不记得 我不知道怎么用 所以就… |
[04:36] | Okay, okay, fine. I’m sorry. Just never mind, okay? | 好 好 抱歉 没关系了 |
[04:39] | Listen, I have a really, really important | 周五我和出版商 |
[04:42] | work meeting on Friday with a publisher | 有一个非常非常重要的工作面谈 |
[04:45] | and I need you to do me a favor. | 我需要你帮个忙 |
[04:48] | Okay? I think I left my computer at your apartment. | 我好像把我的电脑落在你家了 |
[04:51] | – Your computer? – Yeah. | -你的电脑吗 -是啊 |
[04:53] | The whole thing? | 整台电脑吗 |
[04:54] | – Yes, Mom, the whole thing. – No, I don’t think so. | -是的 妈 整台电脑 -没有啊 |
[04:58] | I think I would have noticed. | 有的话我会注意到的 |
[04:59] | Why would you have brought your whole computer | 你为什么把你的整台电脑 |
[05:01] | – into the house? – ‘Cause I was writing on it. | -带到家里来 -因为我正在电脑上写书 |
[05:04] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[05:05] | Wait, you mean that little black folding machine? | 等等 你是说那个黑色的折叠小本本吗 |
[05:07] | – Yeah! – That’s your computer? | -没错 -那是你的电脑吗 |
[05:09] | – Yeah. Have you seen it? – Oh! It’s so tiny. | -对 你看到了吗 -好小啊 |
[05:12] | – I was thinking it was a kind of a typewriter or little– – No. | -我以为是某种打字机或是小… -不 |
[05:15] | Yeah, no, no, no, that’s my computer, Mom. | 不不不 那是我的电脑 妈 |
[05:18] | Yeah, that’s– anyways, getting back to the point, | 那是… 继续说重点 |
[05:19] | – I really need– – You know, | -我真的需要… -知道吗 |
[05:20] | this is a very– this is a little computer. | 这台电脑真的很小 |
[05:22] | – How do they make it so little like that? – I… | -你怎么让它变成这么小 -我 |
[05:25] | – So– – I don’t know, Mom! | -那… -我不知道 妈 |
[05:27] | I don’t know who makes it so little. | 我不知道谁把它弄得这么小 |
[05:29] | I don’t know. But the thing is, have you seen it? | 我不知道 但问题是你看到了吗 |
[05:32] | No, I have not. | 没看到 |
[05:34] | Well, can you go look for it, then, please? | 那你能不能帮我找找 |
[05:38] | Okay, but right now, I’m watching TV. | 好 但是我现在在看电视 |
[05:41] | Mom, it’s important, okay? It’s very important. | 妈 这事很重要 非常重要 |
[05:45] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好 |
[05:47] | – Okay, baby. – Okay. | -好吧 宝贝 -好 |
[05:48] | Come on. | 这就找 |
[05:58] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[06:12] | – Hi, baby. – Yeah? | -宝贝 -嗯 |
[06:14] | No, I didn’t find it, baby. | 我没找到 宝贝 |
[06:15] | – What? – No. I found it! | -什么 -不 我找到了 |
[06:17] | You– Mom! | 你… 妈 |
[06:19] | Oh, I almost had a heart attack! | 我差点都要犯心脏病了 |
[06:21] | – No, it was right in front of me. – Oh, my gosh. | -不 就在我眼前 -天呐 |
[06:24] | – I just missed it. – It was right in front of you? | -我刚刚没看到 -就在你眼前吗 |
[06:26] | I am going to put this in the mail on Friday. | 周五我会把它放进信封里 |
[06:29] | – So, I’m gonna put some books in there… – No. | -再放上几本书在里面 -不 |
[06:31] | – …and get the book rate… – No, Mom. | -当书本来邮寄 -不 妈 |
[06:32] | – Mom, shh. Mom, please, please. – …it’s like a suitcase. | -妈 听我说 妈 -就像是手提箱 |
[06:35] | Please. Mom? Mom? | 听我说 妈 妈 |
[06:37] | Now I’m speaking. Thank you. | 现在我要说话 谢谢 |
[06:39] | You can’t send it that way, okay? | 你不能这样寄 |
[06:41] | Media mail, that takes six weeks, okay? | 媒体邮件要六个星期才到 |
[06:43] | Look, I’m gonna figure out some way to get it to me, | 我会想办法拿到 |
[06:45] | but right now, I have a super, super important deadline, | 但是现在 我有个重要无比的截止日期 |
[06:49] | and I need a copy of my book. | 我需要我的作品 |
[06:51] | You understand? | 明白吗 |
[06:56] | What… | 什么 |
[06:57] | – Your what? – The book, Mom. | -你的什么 -那本书 妈 |
[07:01] | The one that I was writing on my computer? | 我在电脑上写的那本书 |
[07:07] | Baby, how am I supposed to get it off your computer | 宝贝 我要怎么把书从你的电脑里拿出来 |
[07:10] | and get it to you? | 然后给你呢 |
[07:12] | You want me to zip it through some time and some space | 你想我大卫·科波菲尔那样把它通过时空 |
[07:15] | like David Copperfield? | 来传送吗 |
[07:17] | Jokes on jokes. | 还想捉弄我 |
[07:20] | Okay, Mom, please stop laughing. | 妈 请你别笑了 |
[07:22] | It’s not that funny. Mom, it’s not that funny. | 没这么好笑 妈 没这么好笑 |
[07:24] | – Please, okay? Listen. – Okay, | -拜托 听我说 -好 |
[07:25] | okay, what do you want me to do, baby? | 好 你要我怎么做 宝贝 |
[07:26] | So, what we’re gonna do is, you’re gonna send me an e-mail | 你要做的就是用我的邮箱 |
[07:30] | from my mail account, okay, with a copy of my book, | 把我的书发过来 |
[07:34] | which is in a Word document, | 是个文本文档 |
[07:37] | which is in a folder on my desktop. | 存在桌面文件夹里 |
[07:40] | Easy, right? | 简单 对吧 |
[07:45] | Anish, I’m not understanding what you are saying. | 阿尼什 我没听懂你在说什么 |
[07:47] | What– what are you asking me to do? | 你要我干吗 |
[07:50] | Okay, Mom, all I’m asking you to do is open up the computer. | 好了 妈妈 我叫你先打开电脑 |
[07:52] | Can you do that for me, please? | 可以办到吗 拜托了 |
[07:53] | Can you please open up the computer? | 能拜托您打开电脑吗 |
[07:54] | – Okay, okay, okay. – Thank you. | -好好好 -谢谢 |
[07:59] | – Okay, got it. – Okay, great job. | -好了 -干得好 |
[08:01] | Okay, now, the next thing is the power button, okay? | 接着摁一下电源按钮好吗 |
[08:04] | It has a circle on it | 上面有个小圈 |
[08:06] | with a line that’s halfway through. | 圈中间有道线的就是 |
[08:09] | I want you to press this and then hold it | 你按住这个按钮 |
[08:12] | for a few seconds until you hear a chime sound, okay? | 长按几秒钟直到听到开机声好吗 |
[08:15] | That means the computer is starting up. | 听到就说明电脑开机了 |
[08:20] | – Neat. – It worked? | -好啦 -开机了吗 |
[08:23] | Yeah. Okay, great job! | 太好了 真棒 |
[08:26] | – Okay, um… – Thanks, baby. This is easy. | -好… -谢谢宝贝 这很简单 |
[08:29] | Yeah, no, you’re doing great, Mom. | 不 你真的很棒 妈妈 |
[08:31] | Now, I want you to tell me what windows are open. | 现在告诉我打开了哪些窗口 |
[08:35] | All the windows are closed. | 窗户都关好了 |
[08:37] | – It’s very cold outside. – Oh, my God. | -外面太冷了 -天呐 |
[08:41] | Uh, Mom, I mean the windows on the computer, | 我说的是电脑上的窗口 |
[08:45] | not the windows in your apartment. | 不是公寓的窗户 |
[08:47] | Oh, I’m sorry, baby, I’m just– | 抱歉 宝贝 我只是… |
[08:49] | that was dumb of me, sorry. | 我笨手笨脚的 对不起 |
[08:51] | – No, Mom, you’re not dumb. – No, I am. | -不 你没有笨手笨脚 -不 |
[08:53] | Stop it. No, you’re doing great. | 停 真的 你做的很棒 |
[08:54] | Okay, just tell me | 直接告诉我 |
[08:55] | what you see on the screen. | 屏幕上看到了什么 |
[08:57] | Okay, baby, it is blue. | 好的 屏幕是蓝色的 |
[09:00] | And a group of little blue– | 一堆蓝色的小方块下面 |
[09:04] | the squares with tiny little words underneath them. | 有一些很小的字 |
[09:07] | Yeah, so those blue squares | 这些蓝色的小方块 |
[09:09] | are actually called folders, okay? | 其实就叫文件夹 |
[09:12] | So now, I want you to go and find the folder | 现在找到一个叫做 |
[09:14] | that says “Gently Through the Current.” | 《缓过急流》的文件夹 |
[09:18] | – “Gently Through the… Current.” – Current. | -《缓过…急流》 -急流 |
[09:23] | – What is that? – What is what? | -这是什么啊 -什么是什么 |
[09:26] | What is “Gently Through the Current”? | 《缓过急流》是什么啊 |
[09:28] | Oh, that is actually, um… | 这其实是… |
[09:32] | It’s the title for my book. | 我书的题目 |
[09:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:39] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[09:42] | It’s not supposed to be funny, Mom. | 不应该觉得好笑的 妈妈 |
[09:45] | It’s a little airy-fairy. | 有点异想天开 |
[09:48] | – But what does it mean? – “Airy”… | -想表达什么呢 -“异想…” |
[09:50] | It’s a metaphor, Mom, okay? | 这是一种暗喻 好吗 |
[09:53] | First of all, it’s a working title, so it can change, | 首先 名称待定 还可以再改 |
[09:55] | but– but it’s a metaphor– it’s a metaphor, okay, | 但这是一种…暗喻 |
[09:58] | for when you’re going where things take you | 这暗喻着你受某种事物驱使前往某地时 |
[10:01] | and whether that’s a good thing or not. | 这种事物是好是坏 |
[10:05] | Maybe a little more forceful, like tides. | 可以再有力点 比如浪潮 |
[10:08] | “Tides”? That– Mom, no. It’s– that– | “浪潮”吗 妈妈 不… |
[10:10] | – Tides. – Look, Mom, it’s about societal misconceptions. | -浪潮 -书里讲的是社会误解 |
[10:13] | That you just have to surrender to what your experience is. | 你得屈服于过往经验 |
[10:17] | You know, so it– | 所以… |
[10:18] | You know what, just forget it, Mom. You’re not a critic. | 好了别管了 妈 你又不是评论家 |
[10:20] | – Okay, you don’t read a lot of books. – Okay. | -你也没读过很多书 -好 |
[10:22] | So, you– it’s not– you wouldn’t understand, okay? | 所以…你不会懂的 好吗 |
[10:24] | Just tell me what’s on the screen. | 直接告诉我屏幕上有什么 |
[10:25] | – What’s on the screen? – See, I can’t read these words. | -屏幕上有什么 -我看不清这些字 |
[10:27] | They’re like little ants. | 它们像蚂蚁一样小 |
[10:30] | But Janet next door has a telescope. | 隔壁珍妮特有望远镜 |
[10:32] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[10:34] | You can increase the screen size in preferences. | 你可以按喜好调整字号大小 |
[10:38] | Never mind. Never mind. | 别管了 别管了 |
[10:40] | Ah, I’m just making a joke. | 我只是在开玩笑 |
[10:42] | – I’m not this dumb. – You’re right. | -我没这么傻 -没错 |
[10:44] | Sorry. I’m just… stressed. | 抱歉 我只是…压力太大 |
[10:48] | Just tell me what to do. | 告诉我该怎么做吧 |
[10:50] | Okay, so I’m 99% sure | 我99%肯定 |
[10:54] | that the folder is the fourth one down | 这个文件夹在右边栏 |
[10:58] | in the top right-hand column, | 往下数第四个 |
[11:01] | so double-click that folder. | 双击这个文件夹 |
[11:04] | Three, one… | 三 一… |
[11:07] | That’s number one, two… | 一 二… |
[11:12] | – Four– the fourth one. – Three, four. | -四 第四个 -三 四 |
[11:16] | – And double-click. – Yes. | -然后双击 -没错 |
[11:17] | And what double-click– what is this? | 双击是什么 |
[11:19] | Oh, sorry, that’s when you take the mouse | 双击就是你把鼠标拖到 |
[11:23] | over the folder and then you want to click it twice. | 文件夹上点两下 |
[11:26] | Really fast, okay? | 迅速点两下 好吗 |
[11:27] | So, like, click-click, click-click, click-click. | 就是 单击两下 点两下 |
[11:31] | Yeah… | 好… |
[11:35] | – Did you click-click? – I am just looking out the window, | -你点两下了吗 -我刚看窗外 |
[11:38] | and this Mr. Jenson just has got a new car. | 简森先生买了辆新车 |
[11:40] | Okay, Mom, Mom, I need you to focus. | 好了妈妈 你专心点 |
[11:42] | – Okay? Please. – I’m getting a little tired, | -好吗 拜托 -我有点累了 |
[11:44] | so why don’t we just do this tomorrow? | 我们不如明天再弄吧 |
[11:46] | No! Tomorrow– Mom, you’re not understanding | 不能明天 妈妈 你不懂 |
[11:48] | how important this is for me, okay? | 这对我有多重要好吗 |
[11:50] | I need my book right now so I can write. | 我现在就得接着写下去 |
[11:53] | I’ve wasted hours. | 我已经浪费很多时间了 |
[11:54] | – I haven’t written all night! – Okay, calm down. | -我一个晚上啥也没写 -好了冷静 |
[11:55] | – My meeting is on Friday! – I don’t see why you can’t just write | -周五就要面谈了 -我不明白 |
[11:58] | the rest of the book on some hotel paper | 你怎么不能直接在旅馆找点纸接着写呢 |
[11:59] | – and then you could type it up in New York city. – Mom. Mom. | -然后在纽约打印出来 -妈 |
[12:02] | What? No, I can’t– Mom, it doesn’t work that way! | 什么 不 那样行不通的 |
[12:05] | – Why doesn’t it work like that? – Because I– | -为什么行不通 -因为… |
[12:07] | the book is 90% complete, okay? | 书已经完成了90% 好吗 |
[12:09] | And I need to look at the whole thing | 我得看着整本书 |
[12:11] | so that I can… contextualize the– | 才能…联系上下文… |
[12:14] | forget it, you’re never gonna understand. | 算了 你永远也不会懂 |
[12:17] | Listen, I may not know about this computer, | 我可能搞不懂电脑 |
[12:20] | but the situation doesn’t seem very complicated to me. | 但我觉得情况没有这么复杂 |
[12:22] | People have been writing on notebook for thousands of years. | 人们千百年来都在本子上写作 |
[12:26] | And you used to write on a notebook, | 你以前也在本子上写 |
[12:28] | the ones I bought you from the store. | 在我给你买的本子上 |
[12:29] | You wrote such good stories on just plain notebooks. | 你在本子上就能写出那么好的故事 |
[12:32] | Mom, those were stupid stories. | 妈 那些故事很傻 |
[12:34] | The one about the dinosaur from the future? | 那个来自未来世界恐龙的故事 |
[12:37] | I love that story. | 我很喜欢 |
[12:39] | That was one of your best stories. | 那是你写过最好的故事之一了 |
[12:41] | Oh, my goodness, I– honestly, I don’t know why | 天呐 真的 我不明白 |
[12:43] | you don’t try to sell this dinosaur story | 你干吗不把恐龙的故事 |
[12:45] | in your big meeting. | 在面谈时隆重推出呢 |
[12:46] | Because I wrote that story when I was 13. | 因为那个故事是我十三岁写的 |
[12:48] | I thought it was wonderful, baby. | 我觉得真的写的很好 宝贝 |
[12:51] | What a nice title, too. | 题目也取得很好 |
[12:54] | Nice ti– Mom, it was called “Future Dinosaur.” | 标题好… 标题叫《未来的恐龙》 |
[12:56] | Yes, exactly. | 没错 正是 |
[12:58] | This way, you know what the story is about right away. | 看到标题马上知道故事讲什么 |
[13:01] | Crack. | 高明 |
[13:02] | – Mom? – Yes? | -妈 -怎么了 |
[13:04] | I’m gonna ask you this once. | 我再问你一次 |
[13:05] | I want you to answer honestly. | 你如实回答 |
[13:07] | Are you trying to say something | 你是想对我书的标题 |
[13:08] | about the title of my book? | 评头论足吗 |
[13:10] | No. | 不 |
[13:12] | – I don’t understand it, that’s all I’m saying. – See, there– | -我理解不了 我就是这个意思 -看吧 |
[13:14] | so, that’s– so, you are trying to say something. | 所以 你就是想说什么 |
[13:16] | Why don’t you just answer | 我问你问题的时候 |
[13:17] | me when I ask you a question straightforward– | 你为什么不直接回答呢 |
[13:19] | Mom, you know what, just forget it. | 妈妈 算了吧 |
[13:21] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我不指望你能理解 |
[13:22] | Baby, I wish you would stop | 宝贝 我希望你不要 |
[13:23] | talking to me like I’m a dummy, Anish. | 把我当成傻子一样来跟我说话 阿尼什 |
[13:25] | Mom, I just need you to double-click | 妈妈 我只需要你双击 |
[13:28] | – on the document, please. – Okay, fine, fine. | -那个文档 拜托 -好的 行行 |
[13:30] | – Thank you. – Okay, okay, okay, fine. | -谢谢 -好的 好的 好的 行 |
[13:33] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[13:35] | Nothing’s happening. | 什么反应都没有 |
[13:37] | Mom, you need to click it really fast, | 妈妈 你需要非常快地点击 |
[13:39] | like twice in a row. | 两次连续地点击 |
[13:41] | Like super fast, like click-click. | 要超级快 就像是咔咔两下 |
[13:47] | No, Mom– oh, fuck. | 不 妈妈 操 |
[13:49] | I don’t think this is working. | 我觉得没用啊 |
[13:50] | Mom, because you’re not doing it fast enough. | 妈妈 那是因为你点击得不够快 |
[13:51] | – I can hear the– – Oh | -我能听到… -哦 |
[13:54] | What was that “Oh”? | “哦”是什么意思 |
[13:57] | Wait, there’s some– it came. | 等等 有些… 它出现了 |
[13:59] | It ca– so many words. | 出现了…好多字 |
[14:01] | – Okay, yeah. – Oh, there’s so many pa– | -好的 太棒了 -这儿有好多段… |
[14:03] | did you write all these words? | 这些都是你写的吗 |
[14:04] | Yeah, Mom, that’s my book, okay? | 是的 妈妈 那是我写的书 好吗 |
[14:06] | Now, this is great. Okay, this is great. | 真棒 真棒 |
[14:07] | We’re almost done, okay? We’re almost done. | 我们差不多搞定了 我们差不多搞定了 |
[14:09] | So, now all we’re gonna do is, | 所以 我们接下来要做的是 |
[14:10] | we’re gonna copy that whole thing, okay, | 我们要复制所有的东西 |
[14:12] | and then we’re gonna paste it into an e-mail, | 然后复制到一封电子邮件里面 |
[14:15] | then you’re gonna fire up my modem, | 然后你启动我的调制解调器 |
[14:16] | and then you’re gonna send me the e-mail, and that’s it. | 然后你把那封邮件发给我 就是这样 |
[14:19] | – We’re done. After that, we’re done. – No, no, no. | -那样我们就完事了 完事了 -不不不 |
[14:20] | We’re done. | 我们就完事了 |
[14:22] | Okay, that sounds like too much to do. | 好吧 好像还有很多要做 |
[14:24] | No, no, Mom, Mom, Mom, | 不不不 妈妈 妈妈 妈妈 |
[14:26] | I’m gonna guide you through the whole thing, okay? | 我会指导你一步一步来 好吗 |
[14:28] | It’s gonna be really easy. | 真的非常简单 |
[14:29] | Okay, so now, what I want you to do | 好的 那么现在我需要你做的是 |
[14:31] | is I want you to look at the keyboard, | 我想让你看下键盘 |
[14:33] | right, and find the “A” Button | 找到按键”A” |
[14:35] | and the “Command” Button. | 以及”命令”按键 |
[14:37] | “Command.” Yeah, I see this. | “命令” 好的 我看到了 |
[14:39] | Good! Good, okay, so now, I just want you to press | 好 好 现在你要同时按住 |
[14:41] | both these buttons at the same time. | 这两个键 |
[14:44] | – Okay, can you do that for me? – Okay. At the same time. | -你能做到吗 -好的 同时 |
[14:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:52] | Wait, what do you mean “Uh-oh”? | 等等 你的”啊哦”是什么意思 |
[14:53] | No, I don’t know. It says, um… | 我不知道… 上面显示… |
[14:56] | there’s some cloud that’s come over these words, | 有些阴影把文字给盖住了 |
[14:58] | – like… – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -就像 -对对对 |
[15:00] | like a highlighter, everything– | 像是荧光笔标记 所有… |
[15:02] | Uh-huh, I get– I know what you’re saying, Mom. | 我懂 我知道你说的什么意思 妈妈 |
[15:03] | That– actually, that’s a really good thing. | 那…确实是件好事 |
[15:05] | That’s… exactly what we want to happen, okay? | 那…那就是我想要的 |
[15:09] | – Because that means you’ve selected all, okay? – I did it. | -因为那意味着你选中了全部 -我做到了 |
[15:12] | Okay, so now I just want you to look at the keyboard again, | 好的 现在你要再看下键盘 |
[15:14] | find the “C” Button | 找到按键”C” |
[15:16] | and press that with the “Command” Button, | 同时按下那个和”命令”按键 |
[15:18] | and then that’s going to copy all of it, okay? | 这样就能复制所有内容了 |
[15:20] | It’s gonna copy the whole book. | 这样就会复制整本书 |
[15:26] | Mom, talk to me. What’s going on? | 妈妈 说话啊 怎么了 |
[15:31] | Sooo, yeah, I don’t think anything happened. | 我觉得什么反应都没有啊 |
[15:34] | What do you mean? What does that mean? | 你什么意思 你那是什么意思 |
[15:35] | – What do you mean– – Well, I don’t know. | -你是什么意思 -好吧 我不知道 |
[15:37] | Everything just sort of– it just went away. | 所有东西好像…都不见了 |
[15:40] | You see, there were all these words, | 本来有那些字的 |
[15:42] | you know, before, and now it’s empty. | 你知道的 之前有的 现在空了 |
[15:49] | What do you mean, “Empty”? | 你说的”空”是什么意思 |
[15:51] | Uh, the words are gone. | 文字都不见了 |
[15:57] | Okay, okay. | 好的 好的 |
[16:00] | Now, Mom, I need you to be very careful from this moment onwards | 妈妈 从此刻开始我需要你非常小心 |
[16:04] | and listen to me very carefully, okay? | 非常仔细地听我说 好吗 |
[16:08] | What buttons did you press? | 你刚刚按了什么按键 |
[16:10] | I– I pressed what you told me to press. | 我按了你让我按的按键 |
[16:12] | – Which is what? – “Command” and “V” together. | -按的什么 -“命令”和”V”一起 |
[16:18] | No, not “Command V,” Mom. | 不 不是”命令 V” 妈妈 |
[16:20] | I said, “Command C”! | 我说的是”命令 C” |
[16:22] | Hey, this is not what you said. | 你可不是这么说的 |
[16:23] | Okay, Mom. Mom, okay, listen. | 好的 妈妈 妈妈 听我说 |
[16:25] | You’ve gotta listen to me very carefully, okay? | 你要非常仔细地听我说 好吗 |
[16:27] | So, you just pasted over my whole book, | 你刚刚粘贴了我的整本书 |
[16:29] | which means you basically deleted the whole thing. | 也就是你基本上删除了整本书 |
[16:31] | So, so, right now, we need to be | 所以 现在你需要 |
[16:33] | extremely careful and don’t touch anything | 极其小心 也不要碰任何东西 |
[16:36] | until I tell you exactly what to do, okay? | 直到我告诉你该怎么做 好吗 |
[16:40] | – Mom! – No, I don’t like this tone. | -妈妈 -不 我不喜欢你这种语气 |
[16:43] | – Mom, just listen to me for one second. – Tone. | -妈妈 就听我说一会儿 -注意说话语气 |
[16:46] | Mom, enough with this tone bullshit, okay? | 妈妈 别管这些狗屁说话语气了 好吗 |
[16:48] | Okay? You just pasted over my whole book, | 好吗 你刚刚覆盖了我的整本书 |
[16:50] | and I need to do something to recover it | 在它被彻底删除之前 |
[16:52] | before it’s permanently deleted. | 我需要做点什么去复原它 |
[16:53] | I’m sorry, young man, | 抱歉 小伙子 |
[16:54] | if you use this tone with me one more time, | 要是你再用这种语气对我说话 |
[16:57] | I’m going to hang up with you straightaway. | 我马上就把你电话挂了 |
[16:59] | No. No, no, no. Okay, don’t hang up. | 不不不 好的 别挂电话 |
[17:00] | Don’t hang up, don’t hang up. | 别挂电话 别挂电话 |
[17:02] | Okay, just– | 好的 只要… |
[17:03] | Mom, just press “Command Z.” | 妈妈 只要同时按”命令 Z” |
[17:07] | That’s the undo function. | 那是撤销的操作 |
[17:11] | Mom, if you chop one more fucking vegetable, | 妈妈 你要是他妈再切蔬菜 |
[17:14] | I swear to God. | 我发誓 |
[17:15] | Please press “Command Z.” | 请你按下”命令 Z” |
[17:19] | Do not use that language with me, | 不要这样跟我说话 |
[17:21] | – and please apologize if you want me – to press anything. – Fuck! | -如果你想让我帮忙就道歉 -操 |
[17:24] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 抱歉 行了吗 抱歉 |
[17:27] | Not “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” | “抱歉 抱歉 抱歉”这样可不行 |
[17:29] | Not like that. Really. | 那样不行 说真的 |
[17:32] | – Mom– – No! Really. | -妈妈 -不行 我说真的 |
[17:35] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很对不起 |
[17:37] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很对不起 |
[17:39] | Please, can you press “Command Z”? | 拜托了 您能按下”命令 Z”吗 |
[17:43] | Okay, fine. | 好的 行 |
[17:45] | Wait. | 等等 |
[17:47] | Okay, did the words come back? | 好的 那些文字回来了吗 |
[17:49] | Wait. | 等等 |
[17:52] | No, it didn’t do anything. | 没 什么反应都没有 |
[17:53] | What do you mean it didn’t do any– | 你说的”什么反应都没有”什么意思 |
[17:55] | Oh, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[17:56] | There’s a little bubble here that says save– | 有一个气泡显示 保存… |
[18:00] | No, so don’t press that button, because– | 不 不要按那个 因为… |
[18:02] | Well, let me just… | 好吧 让我… |
[18:03] | No, no, no, Mom, you can’t save the wrong document. | 不不不 妈妈 你不能保存错误的文档 |
[18:04] | – It’s a deleted document. – Baby, I’m just saving it for you. | -那是被删除的文档 -宝贝我正在为你保存 |
[18:07] | No, Mom, don’t save it. That’s what I’m saying. | 不 妈妈 不要保存 我说的就是这个 |
[18:09] | – Don’t save it! – Okay, baby, it’s saved. | -不要保存 -好吧 宝贝 已经保存了 |
[18:15] | The words are still gone, though. | 但是还是没有文字 |
[18:26] | Mom, I want you to close my computer right now. | 妈妈 我需要你现在关上我的电脑 |
[18:31] | Uh, you don’t want me to e-mail this to you? | 你不需要我用邮件把这个发给你 |
[18:32] | Just shut up. | 你闭嘴 |
[18:34] | Just shut up for one second, and listen to me. | 你给我消停会 听我说 |
[18:38] | I want you to close my computer, | 我需要你关上我的电脑 |
[18:40] | I want you to get on the fucking bus, | 我需要你去坐公交 |
[18:42] | and I want you to go to the Mac World on 17th Street, | 然后我需要你去17街的电脑世界 |
[18:46] | hand my computer to the guy who’s in the store, | 把我的电脑交给店里的那家伙 |
[18:48] | give him my number and have him call me immediately. | 给他我的号码 让他马上打给我 |
[18:53] | And I need you to do this right fucking now! | 你给我现在就去 |
[19:02] | No. | 不 |
[19:04] | – “No”? – You heard me. | -不 -你听到了 |
[19:06] | You think I’m gonna sit here and do anything | 你觉得我会坐在这里听你用这种语气 |
[19:08] | for anyone who speaks to me like this? | 和我说话 还照你说的做吗 |
[19:10] | Mom, you just deleted my fucking book. | 妈妈 你刚删掉了我整本书 |
[19:13] | Where is your language? What is this tone? | 你的礼貌呢 你这是什么语气 |
[19:15] | I don’t give a fuck about my fucking tone | 我才不管我什么语气 |
[19:18] | and my fucking language, okay? | 什么礼貌 好吗 |
[19:20] | Can you just– you deleted my life’s work! | 你就不能…你删掉了我毕生的心血 |
[19:22] | – Don’t you understand that? – What life’s work? | -你明白吗 -什么毕生的心血 |
[19:24] | That’s everything I’ve been working on, Mom! | 这是我创作的一切 妈妈 |
[19:25] | You’re being so dramatic. | 你太小题大做了 |
[19:26] | Life work, life work– what is life work? | 毕生心血 毕生心血 什么毕生心血 |
[19:28] | I just accidentally deleted some… stuff– dumb words. | 我就是不小心删掉了一些…愚蠢的文章 |
[19:31] | Don’t call my words dumb | 别说我的文章蠢 |
[19:33] | just ’cause you don’t understand them, okay? | 就因为你自己根本不懂 好吗 |
[19:36] | They’re meant for people that can actually understand English. | 对于懂英文的人来说那都是有意义的 |
[19:38] | You think that I’m dumb, an uneducated mommy? | 你觉得我是个愚蠢没文化的妈妈吗 |
[19:42] | – Mom. – That I can’t possibly understand? | -妈妈 -你觉得我不懂吗 |
[19:43] | You know what? I understand what it takes | 你知道吗 我知道怎么白手起家 |
[19:45] | to raise a child with absolutely nothing. | 养大一个孩子 |
[19:48] | Working two jobs to support you, | 打两份工资助你 |
[19:49] | get you this college education | 让你上大学 |
[19:51] | so you can make something of yourself. | 让你能出人头地 |
[19:53] | And then your son comes home | 然后这儿子回家 |
[19:54] | and treats you like you’re the enemy. And why? | 像对待敌人一样对你 为什么 |
[19:57] | Because he spends four years and $50,000 | 因为他在什么大学 |
[19:59] | at some university not becoming a doctor, | 花了四年和五十万 没成为医生 |
[20:02] | not becoming a lawyer, but just reading and talking about books | 没成为律师 只会读书 讨论书 |
[20:05] | that he could’ve just done for free in the library instead. | 这些都是能不用花钱在图书馆就能做到的事 |
[20:08] | You don’t think I understand? | 你觉得我不明白吗 |
[20:09] | Okay, you don’t try to guilt-trip me right now, okay? | 你不用激发我的愧疚感 |
[20:11] | ‘Cause you’re always trying to make me somebody | 因为你一直想让我成为 |
[20:13] | that I’m not, okay, Mom? | 另外一种人 妈妈 |
[20:14] | I’m not gonna be a lawyer, I’m not gonna be a doctor, okay? | 我不会成为律师 不会成为医生 好吗 |
[20:17] | I have my own dreams. | 我有我自己的梦想 |
[20:18] | I’m sorry if that’s too hard for you to deal with, okay? | 我很遗憾这对你来说很难接受 |
[20:20] | I’m sorry that I wasn’t some perfect son | 我很遗憾我不能成为那种 |
[20:22] | who could climb some social ladder | 攀登上社会顶峰 |
[20:24] | and save you from your sad, unhappy life. | 让你摆脱这种悲哀生活的完美儿子 |
[20:27] | Okay? You’ve never seen me. | 好吗 你从来不看我 |
[20:28] | – No, baby, I see exactly who you are. – You never see who I am. | -不 我看得到你 -你看不到真正的我 |
[20:31] | No, you don’t, Mom. You just see what you want me to be. | 不 你看不到 妈妈 你只看到你想象中的我 |
[20:33] | But I just want you to be somebody! | 但我只是想让你出人头地 |
[20:36] | What do you think I’m trying to do, Mom? | 你以为我在干什么 妈妈 |
[20:37] | – I’m trying to be somebody. I’m writing a book. – You do not! | -我在努力出人头地 我在写书 -你没有 |
[20:39] | – I’m moving to New York. – You do not! | -我要搬到纽约 -你没有 |
[20:40] | You do not listen. You are stubborn. | 你不听 你固执 |
[20:42] | – You’re just like her. – Like who? | -你就和她一模一样 -和谁 |
[20:48] | You sai– “Just like her”? Like who? What are you– | 你说和她一样 你说谁 你… |
[20:49] | No, nothing, nothing. | 不 没什么 没什么 |
[20:52] | Nothing. You forget– forget about all this. | 没什么 忘掉…忘掉那一切 |
[20:56] | I’m sorry about your book, okay? | 我很抱歉删掉了你的书 |
[20:58] | I’m gonna take your computer to the bus, | 我会带着你的电脑坐上公交 |
[21:00] | I’m gonna give it– I’m gonna give that book to your bus man | 我会给…我会把你的书给公交上的假货 |
[21:04] | and I’m gonna tell him… to– I’m gonna tell him… | 我会告诉他…我会告诉他 |
[21:09] | Mom? Mom? | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[21:11] | I’m gonna tell him to call you… | 我会要他打给你 |
[21:13] | – Mom? Mom? – …and I’m sorry– I’m sorry about the book. | -妈妈 妈妈 -我很抱歉删了你的书 |
[21:17] | Mom, what’s– what’s going on right now? | 妈妈 怎么回事 |
[21:21] | Are– Mom, Mom, listen, listen, listen. | 妈妈 妈妈 听着 |
[21:23] | I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry I yelled at you. Okay? | 我很抱歉 我很抱歉吼了你 |
[21:27] | Don’t cry, okay? I’m sorry. | 别哭 好吗 我很抱歉 |
[21:29] | Baby, her name was Vetha. | 宝贝 她叫韦莎 |
[21:32] | And she was… | 她… |
[21:36] | – and she was 19. – Who? | -她19岁 -谁 |
[21:40] | She was raised by– by very nice parents, but they were poor. | 她父母…是很好的人 就是很穷 |
[21:44] | And the girl, she just went through so much trouble with school | 那女孩在学校遇到了很多麻烦 |
[21:48] | and then the drinking and then the drugs and then the boys. | 喝酒 吸毒 还有那些男孩们 |
[21:52] | She was so smart, and I tried to help her out | 她很聪明 我想帮她 |
[21:56] | and I tried to cook for her | 我给她做饭 |
[21:57] | and I tried to care for her when I could. | 我想办法照顾她 |
[22:00] | And then when this baby comes, her parents just– | 有了那孩子后 她父母… |
[22:04] | they cut her off and they move away quickly from the shame. | 他们不给她钱了 因为觉得耻辱就搬走了 |
[22:08] | So, she stayed with me | 所以她就跟我住在一起 |
[22:09] | and I helped take care of this little, fat baby boy. | 我就帮忙照顾这个小胖男孩 |
[22:13] | And we were– you know, we were some– family somehow | 我们…我们差不多算是家人 |
[22:17] | until one day, I woke up and she was gone, | 直到有一天我醒过来 她不见了 |
[22:21] | and I never saw her again. | 我再也没见到过她 |
[22:24] | And I have this baby boy who’s not even one year old. | 我就带着这个一岁不到的孩子 |
[22:28] | Then I knew– I knew that this boy would be mine. | 我知道…我知道这孩子就是我的孩子了 |
[22:48] | Mom, um… | 妈妈 |
[22:53] | I’m trying to understand what you’re saying. | 我在努力理解你说的话 |
[22:59] | Are you saying that I’m adopted? | 你是说我是被领养的吗 |
[23:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:13] | And you decided to tell me this | 你决定在你删掉 |
[23:16] | right after you deleted my life’s work on my computer? | 我电脑上毕生的心血后告诉我这件事 |
[23:26] | I’m sorry, baby. | 对不起 宝贝 |
[23:28] | I’m just– oh, it just slipped out. | 我只是…说漏嘴了 |
[23:33] | Also, you’re technically Pakistani, | 你其实是个巴基斯坦人 |
[23:35] | but it’s not a big deal, I think. | 但我觉得这应该没什么大不了的 |
[23:39] | No, it’s not. | 的确 |
[23:43] | My baby, I’m sorry | 宝贝 对不起 |
[23:45] | this is happening like this, but I want to say that… | 发生这种事 但我想说 |
[23:51] | I know that you’re not actually from me | 我知道你其实不是我亲生的 |
[23:53] | and that you are actually not like me, | 你其实不像我 |
[23:56] | and that you’re right, that I don’t understand | 你说得对 我不明白 |
[24:01] | what you think and what you do… | 你怎么想 你做的事… |
[24:05] | but you are my son. | 但你是我儿子 |
[24:09] | And I love you very much. | 我很爱你 |
[24:19] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[24:20] | – Mama? Mom? Mama? – I’ll go, I’ll get this computer… | -妈妈 妈妈 -我去 我带上这个电脑… |
[24:26] | – Mom, Mama. – …to the Mac World, | -妈妈 妈妈 -去电脑世界 |
[24:26] | and now we can see if we can just fix it for you, okay? | 我们看看能不能帮你找回来 好吗 |
[24:29] | Mom, I’m scared that my book is not good. | 妈妈 我怕我的书不够好 |
[24:35] | Oh, oh, no, that’s okay, baby. | 不 没事的 宝贝 |
[24:36] | You can write a new one. | 你能再写一本 |
[24:38] | And I’m gonna get this one back to you, okay? | 我先把这本给你弄回来 |
[24:42] | Just in case. Okay, my baby? | 以防万一 好吗 宝贝 |
[24:44] | I’m gonna make sure that they get this one back to you, okay? | 我保证他们把这本书给你弄回来 |
[24:49] | – Okay. – Oh, sorry, baby. | -好的 -对不起 宝贝 |
[24:54] | Will you call me afterwards? | 你等下能打给我吗 |
[24:55] | I’ll call you, my baby. Of course I’ll call you, baby. | 我会打给你的 宝贝 我当然会打给你 |
[24:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:02] | I love you, Mom. | 我爱你 妈妈 |
[25:05] | I love you, too, my baby boy. | 我也爱你 宝贝 |
[25:14] | – Love– okay, I’m going now, okay? – Bye. | -爱你 我去了 好吗 -再见 |
[25:18] | Okay, Raja, you eat, okay? | 拉杰 你吃点东西 |
[25:19] | You eat something, okay? | 你吃点东西 好吗 |
[25:23] | – Bye. – Okay. | -再见 -好的 |
[26:46] | 她为自己规划好了未来 然而那其中并不包括隔壁那个胖胖的巴基斯坦男孩 他到来后 摧毁了她所有的梦想 | |
[26:57] | 她为自己规划好了未来 然而那其中并不包括隔壁那个胖胖的巴基斯坦男孩 他到来后 摧毁了她所有的梦想 为此她永远不会原谅他 但为此她会永远心存感激 | |
[27:12] | 她为自己规划好了未来 然而那其中并不包括隔壁那个胖胖的巴基斯坦男孩 他到来后 摧毁了她所有的梦想 为此她永远不会原谅他 但为此她会永远心存感激 |