时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:53] | – Darn it all. – Elder, please. | -该死 -长老 别这样 |
[00:55] | Sorry, it’s just– | 抱歉 我只是… |
[01:00] | it’s exhausting. | 太累了 |
[01:02] | Is it just me or do they seem to be getting more mean lately? | 是我想多了还是他们最近越来越刻薄 |
[01:04] | I think it’s just been a long day. | 我觉得只是今天不太顺 |
[01:09] | A lot of long days. | 不顺的日子太多了 |
[01:11] | Long months. | 每个月也不顺 |
[01:15] | I heard Elder Cade and Elder Jason didn’t get any. | 我听说凯德长老和詹森长老一个都没说动 |
[01:19] | We’ll get one. | 我们会说动一个的 |
[01:22] | – How do you know? – ‘Cause I believe. | -你怎么知道 -因为我坚信 |
[01:27] | I believed we’d get a ton. | 那我还坚信我们能说动无数个 |
[01:28] | You know, just because they don’t convert right in front of us | 你知道的 他们没有在我们面前皈依 |
[01:30] | doesn’t mean they’re not gonna convert. | 并不代表他们就不会皈依 |
[01:32] | I mean, maybe down the line, they’ll come around. | 或许到最后 他们会想通的 |
[01:35] | I know. I remember. | 我知道 我记得 |
[01:37] | I’m just saying it’s a long process, | 我只是想告诉你 这是个漫长的过程 |
[01:39] | so don’t get down, Elder. | 所以不要泄气 长老 |
[01:40] | I’m not down. | 我并没有泄气 |
[01:42] | I guess I’m just starting to… | 我想我只是开始… |
[01:46] | I think we started something | 我觉得我们前几天 |
[01:47] | very real and promising with Sister Halfon the other day. | 和哈尔丰修女的进展就很有希望 |
[01:51] | I think with steady work and dedication, | 我认为只要我们继续传教和投入 |
[01:53] | she could be our very first convert. | 她会成为我们的第一个皈依者 |
[01:56] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:57] | I mean, we were there for over an hour and a half. | 我们在那儿待了一个半小时多 |
[01:58] | She was obviously engaged. | 她显然有兴趣 |
[02:00] | She was definitely interested. | 她绝对很感兴趣 |
[02:05] | What are you insinuating? | 你想说什么 |
[02:07] | She was hot for you, Elder. | 她对你有意思 |
[02:09] | – Stop. Stop it. – What? I didn’t say anything bad. | -住嘴 -怎么了 我又没说什么浑话 |
[02:12] | – Okay, but you’re thinking it. – Oh, come on. | -但你想歪了 -得了吧 |
[02:14] | You don’t have those kinds of thoughts? | 你就没有那种想法吗 |
[02:16] | If I do, I just don’t entertain them at all. | 我要是有的话 也不会去想它们 |
[02:18] | What do you do, then? | 你是怎么做的 |
[02:19] | I pray to Heavenly Father. | 我会向天父祈祷 |
[02:24] | – What? I do. – Okay, I’m just saying | -怎么 我真的那样做 -好吧 我想说 |
[02:26] | if I was you and Sister Halfon was looking at me like that, | 如果我是你 哈尔丰修女又像那样看着我 |
[02:28] | I’d have a hard time focusing on my prayers. | 我绝对很难集中注意力去祈祷的 |
[02:30] | All right, well, if you don’t mind, | 好吧 要是不介意的话 |
[02:31] | I’d like to do just that right now, okay? | 我现在就祈祷 好吗 |
[02:33] | Let’s pray to the Heavenly Father | 我们一起向天父祈祷 |
[02:35] | and ask for His intervention and help, | 希望他能干预并给我们帮助 |
[02:37] | and hopefully we can get one convert. | 或许我们还能得到一个皈依者 |
[02:40] | At least one. | 至少一个 |
[02:54] | It doesn’t bother you? | 你不觉得烦吗 |
[02:56] | What? | 什么 |
[03:00] | That we’ve asked God for help for so many straight days | 我们连续这么多天向天父祈祷寻求帮助 |
[03:02] | and He hasn’t helped us yet. | 他还没有帮助我们 |
[03:05] | Like I said, conversions don’t just happen on the spot. | 就像我之前说过 皈依并不是一下就发生的 |
[03:08] | I heard you, but… | 你是说过 但是… |
[03:11] | don’t you ever have… | 你就没有过 |
[03:17] | doubts? | 动摇吗 |
[03:19] | What do you mean by doubts? | 你说的动摇是什么意思 |
[03:21] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[03:24] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我什么意思 |
[03:25] | I don’t think that I do, Elder. | 我并不知道 长老 |
[03:27] | – What do you mean by doubts? – Well, | -你说的疑虑是什么意思 -好吧 |
[03:30] | I’m not sure this isn’t a big waste of time. | 我不确定这是不是浪费时间 |
[03:34] | Nobody wants to talk to us. | 没人愿意和我们说话 |
[03:38] | We’re spending so much of our own money. | 我们花了大把的自己的钱 |
[03:42] | Couldn’t we have helped a lot of people with that money? | 我们用那笔钱本来不是可以帮助很多人吗 |
[03:46] | Wouldn’t that be better spent someplace else? | 把那些钱花在别处不是更好吗 |
[03:48] | Like go to an orphanage and give it to the children there. | 比如去个孤儿院 把钱给那儿的孤儿 |
[03:53] | And look, I’m– I’m 20 years old and I have urges. | 而且 我都20岁了而且我也有欲望 |
[03:58] | I feel them. | 我感觉得到 |
[04:00] | Is that a sin? | 那是罪过吗 |
[04:03] | Why would He create those urges in the first place? | 为什么天父创造出那些欲望 |
[04:09] | And… | 还有… |
[04:12] | darn it all. | 该死 |
[04:14] | I had coffee. | 我喝过咖啡了 |
[04:16] | You– | 你… |
[04:18] | you what?! | 你什么 |
[04:19] | It was at the free Holiday Inn buffet. | 是在假日酒店免费自助餐那里喝的 |
[04:21] | It was last month. I tried it. | 是上个月的事 我尝了下 |
[04:22] | I can’t believe– I can’t believe this! | 我简直不敢相信 我简直不敢相信 |
[04:24] | – Why did you do that? – It was delicious, Joseph. | -你为什么那样做 -那很美味 约瑟夫 |
[04:26] | Stop, stop, stop, stop. You need to pray for forgiveness. | 别说了别说了 你需要祈祷获得宽恕 |
[04:29] | Right now. Here, I’ll pray with you. | 立刻 我会跟你一起祈祷 |
[04:30] | I don’t wanna pray for forgiveness. | 我不想通过祈祷来获得宽恕 |
[04:31] | Well, what do you wanna pray for? | 那你想通过祈祷得到什么 |
[04:33] | Maybe I don’t feel like praying. | 可能我就是不想祈祷 |
[04:34] | Uh, well, I think you should start praying | 我觉得你应该开始祈祷 |
[04:36] | because you drank coffee and you’re talking about | 因为你喝了咖啡而且你谈论着 |
[04:38] | – really strange urges. – Fine, then. | -很奇怪的欲望 -好吧 |
[04:42] | I’ll pray for a sign. | 我会祈祷希望得到一个指示 |
[04:47] | – A sign? – Yes. | -一个指示 -是的 |
[04:49] | That this is the true path. | 指示我这是条正确的道路 |
[04:54] | Okay, then. | 好吧 |
[04:56] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -行吗 -行 |
[04:58] | Let’s pray for a sign, then, together. | 让我们祈祷得到一个指示 一起祈祷 |
[05:01] | Good. | 好 |
[05:03] | Should we consult our scripture? | 我们看看经文吧 |
[05:05] | Yes. | 好的 |
[05:10] | All right. | 好 |
[05:18] | Yeah. | 好棒 |
[05:36] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[05:41] | I believe that was, um… | 我觉得那是… |
[05:44] | pornography. | 色情片 |
[05:46] | Joseph, do you know what this means?! | 你还不懂这意味着什么吗 |
[05:48] | We prayed for a sign from God, | 我们祈祷从上帝那儿得到一个指示 |
[05:50] | and pornography appeared on our television set! | 然后色情片就出现在电视上 |
[05:52] | No, actually– I actually | 不 实际上 我其实 |
[05:53] | didn’t start praying yet, so that’s impossible. | 那时候还没开始祈祷 所以那是不可能的 |
[05:55] | – Come on, don’t deny this! – All right, | -算了吧 不要否认事实 -好吧 |
[05:56] | there must be some kind of explanation here. | 出现这个肯定是有原因的 |
[05:58] | Here, like– | 这儿 比如… |
[06:02] | see? | 看见了吗 |
[06:02] | It was the television remote that was under the pillows. | 是枕头下的遥控器 |
[06:04] | That must’ve turned on the pornography. | 肯定是不小心按到色情频道了 |
[06:05] | Right at the exact moment we asked Heavenly Father for a sign. | 恰巧在我们请天父给予我们指示的时候 |
[06:08] | The exact spot you sat down! | 你刚好坐在那里 |
[06:09] | Okay, Heavenly Father | 天父可不会 |
[06:11] | would not send us pornography as a sign. | 把色情频道当做给我们的指示 |
[06:13] | – How do you know? – Because I think I know Heavenly Father | -你怎么知道 -因为我觉得天父 |
[06:15] | – well enough to know that. – But do you really? | -应该能明白 -你真的这么觉得吗 |
[06:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:22] | I mean, what kind of sign would that even be? | 我是说 这算是哪门子指示 |
[06:26] | I don’t know, but I’m excited to discuss and explore with you. | 我不知道 但我很想和你好好深入探讨 |
[06:34] | Absolutely not. Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 绝对不行 |
[06:37] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[06:39] | Okay, I’m just gonna… | 我只要… |
[06:42] | And just– just… | 只要… |
[06:47] | Here, cover it. | 来 盖上 |
[06:52] | Like this. | 这样 |
[06:53] | And then it’s– | 然后 |
[06:57] | – There. – Relax! | -好了 -放松点 |
[06:59] | – Now it’s all… – Everything’s okay. | -现在全 -一切都很好 |
[07:01] | Everything’s okay?! Everything’s okay? | 一切都很好 一切都很好吗 |
[07:02] | We just watched pornography. | 我们只是在看色情频道 |
[07:03] | We watched pornography and you drank coffee. | 我们在看色情频道 你在喝咖啡 |
[07:05] | I don’t know what’s happening to us. | 我不知道我们怎么了 |
[07:06] | Everything is not okay. Everything is absolutely not okay. | 一切都不好 一切完全都不好 |
[07:11] | Okay– okay, um… | 好吧 |
[07:15] | Relax, it’s okay. | 放松 没事 |
[07:18] | Listen to me, you’re okay. | 听我说 你没事 |
[07:22] | You didn’t do anything wrong. It’s no big deal. | 你没做错什么 没什么大不了的 |
[07:30] | There. | 好了 |
[07:44] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[07:46] | Yeah, I’m fine. Why? | 我没事啊 怎么了 |
[07:48] | – I don’t know. – I don’t know either. | -我不知道 -我也不知道 |
[07:50] | Why’d you ask– ask if I’m okay if I’m obviously okay? | 你为什么…问我有没有事 我明显没事 |
[07:54] | – Okay, you’re okay. – Yeah, I’m okay. | -好吧 你没事 -我没事 |
[07:57] | I just sort of– you know, | 我只是有点 |
[07:58] | I just get tired of sitting on one bed. | 我就是在一张床上坐着无聊了 |
[08:02] | So bored of that, so I jump to the other one. | 太无聊了 我就跳到另一张床上了 |
[08:05] | – Yeah. – I’m gonna go take a shower. | -嗯 -我去洗个澡 |
[08:44] | Are we starting with the Arena Subdivision tomorrow? | 明天先去阿里纳分部吗 |
[08:48] | Sure. | 好的 |
[08:57] | Do you have a clean garment top I can borrow? | 你有没有干净的衣服能借我穿一下 |
[09:00] | Yes, I do. | 我有 |
[09:20] | You mad at me? | 你在对我生气吗 |
[09:22] | Why would I be mad at you? | 我为什么要对你生气 |
[09:28] | I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. | 我不是有意让你难堪的 |
[09:30] | I’m not uncomfortable. You’re my friend, | 我没有难堪 你是我朋友 |
[09:32] | and when you stray, I help you get back on the path. | 如果你迷失了 我应该带你回到正轨 |
[09:38] | I’m not sure that’s what happened. | 我觉得可不是那样 |
[09:40] | Sure, it is. | 当然是了 |
[09:42] | You were having doubts | 你有困惑 |
[09:43] | and I helped you reconfirm your faith. | 我帮你坚定了信仰 |
[09:47] | ‘Cause I don’t have any doubts. | 因为我没有困惑 |
[09:52] | Okay, well, | 好吧 |
[09:55] | I’m gonna go to sleep. | 我要睡觉了 |
[09:56] | See you in the morning, Elder. | 明早见 长老 |
[09:58] | See you in the morning. | 明早见 |
[10:35] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:40] | Elder Jensen, you left me? | 詹森长老 你丢下了我 |
[10:42] | I know, I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[10:45] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[11:17] | – How’d you get it? – He didn’t even ask for my identification. | -你怎么拿到的 -他都没要我的身份证明 |
[11:20] | I could’ve been anyone. | 我可能是任何人啊 |
[11:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:31] | So, for argument’s sake, | 不是我想和你争 |
[11:33] | let’s say that the pornography was a sign. | 假设那个色情频道的确是预示 |
[11:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:40] | To me, that can only mean one thing– | 对我来说 那只可能代表一样东西 |
[11:43] | St. Augustine. | 圣奥古斯丁 |
[11:47] | – Who? – Oh, he was a saint from the Catholic faith. | -谁 -他是天主教的一名圣人 |
[11:50] | He was a very real sinner. | 他可曾经是个货真价实的罪人 |
[11:54] | What– what were his sins? | 他…他有什么罪 |
[11:57] | Every sin you can think of. | 只要你能想到 |
[12:00] | But he was on a very similar conversion crusade to ours, | 但是他也曾经和我们一样站在十字路口 |
[12:03] | and when he finally found God and he repented, | 他最终找到了上帝 并忏悔 |
[12:06] | he became one of the greatest saints of all time. | 他成为了有史以来最伟大的圣人 |
[12:15] | Because he had sinned. | 因为他曾经有罪 |
[12:17] | Right, because he had sinned. | 没错 因为他曾经有罪 |
[13:06] | So then over the loudspeaker, I just hear, | 通过扩音器 我只能听到 |
[13:08] | “Keep your hands and feet inside the ride.” | “不要将手和脚伸出去” |
[13:10] | And I was just like, “Oh, no.” | 我想”不” |
[13:12] | I wanted to put my hands up in the ride. | 我一定要把手伸出去 |
[13:13] | – What did you do? – So I waited until we got to the top. | -你做了什么 -所以我等到我们到顶上 |
[13:15] | It was like… | 然后 |
[13:17] | As soon as we got to the top, I look over to see | 一到最顶上 我看到四周 |
[13:18] | if no one was looking, and I was like… | 没人看我 我就… |
[13:20] | – No! – I just put my hands up. | -不是吧 -我就把手举起来 |
[13:21] | And I was like, “Am I gonna get arrested?” | 然后我想 “我会被逮捕吗” |
[13:37] | Oh, yeah, I definitely fuck for money, | 没错 我当然是为了钱才做爱的 |
[13:39] | but I also do it for fun. | 但也是为了好玩 |
[13:40] | – Why is that? – Well, because I’m great at it. | -为什么 -因为我很棒啊 |
[13:43] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[13:44] | How do I know you’re telling the truth? | 我怎么知道你说的是真的 |
[13:46] | Maybe you should pull over this taxi and find out. | 也许你停下出租车就知道了 |
[13:48] | Oh, you’re gonna show me? | 你准备给我看看吗 |
[13:50] | I’ll show you. | 让你看看 |
[14:44] | I saw Sister Wilber’s vagina once… | 我看到过一次威尔伯修女的阴道 |
[14:46] | – Yeah? – …after church. | -是吗 -礼拜后 |
[14:51] | I helped her into her car | 我扶她上车 |
[14:53] | and I saw it through her underwear. | 然后透过内裤看到的 |
[14:55] | – You did? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[14:56] | It was awesome. | 太爽了 |
[14:59] | I imagined what it would feel like. | 我想象过那会是什么感觉 |
[15:02] | Like a peach. | 肯定很棒 |
[15:05] | To place my parts on her part… | 将我的身体和她的结合… |
[15:12] | Darn it all! | 该死 |
[15:14] | Oh, oh, my gosh. | 天啊 |
[16:09] | Hey, Elder? | 长老 |
[16:12] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[16:14] | Is this normal? | 这样正常吗 |
[16:19] | We didn’t break something? | 我们没有违反什么吗 |
[16:22] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有 |
[16:55] | Yay, you’re awake! | 你醒了 |
[16:57] | – Yeah. – Guess what. | -是的 -你猜怎么着 |
[16:59] | Here, I got us some coffee. | 来 我买了咖啡 |
[17:03] | Here. | 来 |
[17:11] | How’d you sleep? | 睡得怎么样 |
[17:12] | Um, not great. You? | 不大好 你呢 |
[17:15] | Eh, I slept all right. | 我睡得不错 |
[17:18] | Hey, I was thinking | 我在想 |
[17:19] | maybe instead of going to the Arena Subdivision today, | 不如我们今天别去阿里纳分部了 |
[17:22] | we go to a movie. | 我们去看电影吧 |
[17:24] | I actually saw this movie in the paper called “Gangsta Love.” | 我在报纸上看到有部电影叫《黑帮之爱》 |
[17:28] | I don’t know. I haven’t really heard of it, | 我不知道 我没听说过 |
[17:30] | but sounds interesting. | 但感觉很有趣 |
[17:36] | What? You okay? | 怎么了 你没事吧 |
[17:38] | Uh, yeah, just waking up. | 没事 就是有点没睡醒 |
[17:40] | Coffee’s good for that. | 喝咖啡会好 |
[17:48] | Aren’t you gonna drink your coffee? | 你不喝咖啡吗 |
[17:56] | We need to talk about last night. | 我们得谈谈昨晚的事 |
[17:59] | Um, okay. | 好吧 |
[18:10] | It was crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[18:12] | Yeah. I mean, we could call it a lot of things. | 我知道 那可以说有很多含义 |
[18:16] | We could call it, you know, new and inspired and eye-opening, | 可以说是崭新的体验 大开眼界 |
[18:19] | but, yeah, in all fairness, it was– it was a bit crazy. | 但是 老实说 的确有些疯狂 |
[18:21] | Well, I guess I’m starting to… | 我觉得我有点 |
[18:27] | Are you having some doubts? | 你有些动摇吗 |
[18:30] | – Well, yes. – Okay. | -是的 -好吧 |
[18:33] | That is really a big thing for you, isn’t it? | 这对你来说的确很严重 |
[18:37] | Okay, well, let’s get into it. | 那我们开始吧 |
[18:41] | – We drank beer, Elder. – I know. | -我们喝了啤酒 长老 -我知道 |
[18:43] | – I was really drunk. – Yeah, so was I. | -我很醉 -我也是 |
[18:51] | Okay, I think if Heavenly Father actually exists, | 我觉得如果天赋真的存在 |
[18:55] | then I think He was there with us last night. | 我觉得他昨晚与我们同在 |
[18:57] | I think He was guiding us through this– this change. | 我觉得是他指引我们进行…这样的改变 |
[19:01] | And if that’s true, then maybe this change wasn’t so bad. | 如果是真的 那这种改变也许还不赖 |
[19:05] | – Elder– – No, no, let me finish. | -长老 -不 听我说完 |
[19:07] | My world has opened up and I can’t go back to my old world. | 我的世界打开了新的大门 我回不去了 |
[19:10] | And if that’s what Heavenly Father brought us last night, | 如果那就是天父昨晚带给我们的启示 |
[19:13] | then I’d like to try it again and more. | 那我想再多尝试几次 |
[19:16] | I’d like to drink beer and laugh and explore, | 我想喝啤酒 好好笑 好好探索 |
[19:21] | you know, like normal people our age do. | 就像正常人在我们这个年纪会做的事 |
[19:23] | – I just feel like– – Are you saying you wanna leave the church? | -我就是感觉 -你是说你想离开教堂吗 |
[19:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:32] | But I do know that… | 但我知道 |
[19:35] | I definitely wanna go further | 在我回头之前 |
[19:37] | before I even consider going back. | 绝对还想再走得远一点 |
[19:48] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[19:51] | I’m pushing, pushing further. | 我在努力 努力往前 |
[19:54] | Let’s just try everything. Let’s just go for it. | 我们什么都试试吧 我们放松一下吧 |
[19:58] | Elder, I’m not– | 长老 我不… |
[19:59] | You know, actually, we don’t know we are. | 其实 我们不知道我们是什么 |
[20:00] | Like, that’s the really great thing, is we can just try stuff | 那是最棒的 我们可以尝试各种东西 |
[20:02] | and kind of figure it out. | 然后想明白 |
[20:05] | I’m really interested. | 我很感兴趣 |
[20:07] | – I can’t– – I’m really interested | -我不能 -我真的很感兴趣 |
[20:08] | – and I know you are, too, and… – I can’t. | -我知道你也是 -我不行 |
[20:09] | …and you’re my best friend. | 你是我最好的朋友 |
[20:12] | – I can’t. – Oh, but you definitely can, Elder. | -不行 -但你可以的 长老 |
[20:26] | Noah. | 诺亚 |
[20:29] | – Just… – Get away from me. | -只要 -离我远一点 |
[20:31] | Noah, it’s okay. | 诺亚 没事的 |
[20:37] | Elder? | 长老 |
[20:43] | Elder! | 长老 |
[20:44] | Elder, please wake up. | 长老 醒一醒 |
[20:46] | Please wake up. | 醒一醒 |
[20:47] | Joseph. Joseph. | 约瑟夫 约瑟夫 |
[20:49] | Joseph. | 约瑟夫 |
[20:51] | Joseph, wake up. Wake up! | 约瑟夫 醒醒 醒醒 |
[20:53] | Elder. Elder! | 长老 长老 |
[20:55] | Joseph! Joseph. | 约瑟夫 约瑟夫 |
[21:04] | Joseph! Joseph. | 约瑟夫 约瑟夫 |
[21:09] | This is supposed to work! | 这样应该有用的 |
[21:11] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[21:20] | Please wake up. | 求你醒醒 |
[21:51] | What is this? | 这算什么 |
[21:57] | Was– is this… | 这是 |
[22:00] | the sign we asked for? | 我们想要的指示吗 |
[22:04] | Or are we being punished? | 还是说是在惩罚我们 |
[22:07] | I don’t understand any of this… | 我不明白这… |
[22:12] | anymore. | 一切了 |
[22:19] | I feel… | 我感觉 |
[22:22] | that You have forsaken me. | 你抛弃了我 |
[22:26] | You have tempted– | 你想 |
[22:47] | Did I just, uh… | 我刚刚是 |
[22:55] | And then I just came back? | 然后我醒了吗 |
[23:08] | It’s a sign. | 这是个指示 |
[23:12] | It’s a miracle. | 这是个奇迹 |
[23:20] | Let’s pray. | 我们祈祷吧 |
[23:29] | – We should get going. – Okay. | -我们该走了 -好的 |
[23:34] | – Wanna start with the Arena Subdivision? – Yes, sounds good. | -先去阿里纳分部吧 -听起来不错 |
[23:39] | 48 more days to go. | 还剩48天 |
[23:40] | We’ll get one, Elder. | 我们会成功的 长老 |
[23:42] | I know we will, Elder. | 我知道我们会的 长老 |
[24:06] | Elder? | 长老 |
[24:12] | You thinking about…? | 你在想… |
[24:13] | Yes. | 什么 |
[24:16] | Shall we offer it up to St. Augustine? | 我们应该信奉圣奥古斯丁吗 |