时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:41] | Well, you even started a fire. | 你竟然生火了 |
[01:44] | Just like the good old days. | 就像过去一样 |
[01:46] | I didn’t want to run down your battery. | 我不想浪费你的电池 |
[01:49] | Oh, her? Nah. | 你说它吗 不 |
[01:52] | Solid as a rock. | 坚如磐石 |
[01:54] | Just like you. | 和你一样 |
[02:06] | What on earth are you doing with that? | 你带这个干什么 |
[02:10] | Oh, this little peashooter? | 这个玩具枪吗 |
[02:13] | Well, someday I’ll tell ya about what they call the, uh… | 总有天我会告诉你那些叫做 |
[02:17] | “Guadalajara Jukebox.” | “瓜达拉哈拉音乐盒”的东西 |
[02:20] | But this is mostly just for show. | 但这个只是作秀 |
[02:23] | I find that the mere sight of it | 我发现只要带着它 |
[02:25] | usually tends to deter any trouble. | 通常就能避免麻烦 |
[02:32] | But how are you, dear? | 但你怎么样 亲爱的 |
[02:35] | Truly. | 说真的 |
[02:41] | It’s very strange to think that | 一想到他不在了 |
[02:44] | he’s just not in the world anymore. | 感觉还是很奇怪 |
[02:46] | It is. It’s OK, Roma. | 没错 没关系 罗玛 |
[02:51] | I’m here now. | 我现在来了 |
[02:53] | Hmm. Now. | 现在才来 |
[02:56] | Look, I’m… I’m sorry about the funeral. | 听着 葬礼的事我很抱歉 |
[02:59] | No, I shouldn’t have. That was not fair of me. | 不 我不该发火 对你不公平 |
[03:02] | – I understand. – It’s just from Budapest to here, | -我理解 -只是从布达佩斯到这里 |
[03:06] | it couldn’t be done. | 就是不可能 |
[03:08] | And besides… | 而且 |
[03:10] | Father knew my heart. | 父亲知道我的心意 |
[03:12] | You’re right. Of course. | 你说得对 当然了 |
[03:15] | He always did want you out there… | 他也确实希望你在外逍遥 |
[03:17] | living a giant life. | 活得伟大 |
[03:21] | Well, I don’t know if I quite accomplished that, | 我不知道自己是否达成了这点 |
[03:25] | but there certainly is magic in travel. | 但旅行确实充满魔力 |
[03:29] | You meet new and interesting people, | 你能遇到新奇有趣的人 |
[03:31] | get a glimpse inside their lives… | 一睹他们的生活 |
[03:35] | their secrets, and then… | 他们的秘密 然后 |
[03:38] | well, then you just move on. | 继续前行 |
[03:42] | It was was something akin to living inside a kaleidoscope. | 有些类似于生活在万花筒里 |
[03:47] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:48] | That sounds very interesting. | 听起来非常有趣 |
[03:52] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:55] | So what, this’d be the, uh… | 那么 这个就是 |
[03:59] | Well, we’ll have a paved walk, here, | 这边是人行道 |
[04:03] | to the reception lobby, | 通往前台大厅 |
[04:05] | with quarters in the back for the night manager. | 后面的四分之一留给夜班经理 |
[04:10] | And our guests can load and unload their luggage right here. | 客人可以在这里装卸行李 |
[04:15] | Incredible. Just incredible. | 厉害 太厉害了 |
[04:19] | So then that’s a… | 那里就是 |
[04:22] | well, that’d be room 101, | 那边是101号房间 |
[04:24] | 102, and 103– | 102号 103号 |
[04:26] | Yes, and so on and so on around that way, | 没错 沿这个方向顺延 |
[04:28] | and on the east side, | 在东边 |
[04:30] | we have room to expand another block of rooms if we want. | 如果需要可以继续扩建成客房 |
[04:35] | Well, you’ve thought of everything. | 你真是想太周到了 |
[04:38] | And I must say, when you said we’d be having a picnic dinner, | 我不得不说 当你说我们能享用野餐晚饭时 |
[04:41] | I was not expecting an actual picnic dinner. | 我没想到是真正的”野餐” |
[04:44] | I’m famished. | 我饿死了 |
[04:47] | Well, I thought one more night at the old spot | 我想在他们开工之前 |
[04:50] | before they start digging. | 在这里再待上一晚 |
[04:53] | It’s fancier than the camp food Father’d fix for us, but… | 这比老爸给我们做的野餐食物好一点 但是 |
[04:59] | Remember what he used to call them? | 天啊 记得他管这些叫什么吗 |
[05:00] | “Hobo packs”? Right? | “流浪汉的食物” 对吗 |
[05:03] | “Some loose chuck, and onions in foil.” | “松散的牛肩胛肉以及锡箔纸包住的洋葱” |
[05:06] | “Throw ’em on the coals till they crackle and boil,” Right? | “把它们扔到火上 直到噼啪作响” 对吗 |
[05:09] | “Add a pinch of pepper or some mustard seed… | “加一小撮胡椒粉或芥末籽 |
[05:11] | …and that’ll be all you need to feed ya.” | 这些就够养活你的” |
[05:23] | Well, I sure didn’t think i’d ever find myself in the hotel business. | 我真的从没想过自己会做酒店生意 |
[05:29] | The location is ideal, once the interstate is done. | 州际公路建成之后 这个位置是绝佳的 |
[05:32] | It’ll be a landmark. Our family’s legacy. | 这会成为一座里程碑 我们家族的财产 |
[05:35] | I guess what I mean is, | 我的意思是 |
[05:37] | I never thought I’d find myself at all, really, | 我从没找到过真正的自己 |
[05:40] | but yes, no– | 但是 没错 |
[05:42] | what you’ve done, it’s remarkable. | 你所做的很了不起 |
[05:47] | Well, Bill Winthrop has been very supportive. | 比尔·温思罗普一直在提供帮助 |
[05:51] | He assisted with the permits and | 他帮我办了经营许可 |
[05:53] | – Good ol’ Bill. – the county zoning– | -了不起的老比尔 -以及县政府… |
[05:54] | Always there to take the wheel. | 总是掌握着大权 |
[05:59] | the title claims and so forth. | 县政府的名称要求之类的 |
[06:03] | He said my business prospectus was… | 他说我写的企业招股说明书 |
[06:06] | one of the best-written he’d ever seen. | 是他见过的写得最好的 |
[06:09] | Good ol’ Bill. Where do I sign? | 了不起的老比尔 我在哪里签字 |
[06:22] | Just perfection. | 真是太好吃了 |
[06:27] | Uh, your fingers. | 你手上有吃的 |
[06:30] | Right, right. | 是的 知道了 |
[06:51] | Bill does good work. | 比尔干得漂亮 |
[06:56] | Let’s make it official. | 我来让它正式生效吧 |
[07:03] | And… | 好了… |
[07:05] | just like that… | 就像这样… |
[07:09] | it’s all ours. | 这块地是我们的了 |
[07:11] | Who knows? This might even be good for me, | 谁知道呢 对我而言 这样可能挺好的 |
[07:13] | settlin’ down. | 能安定下来 |
[07:15] | Heck, I might even get married. | 我甚至都有可能结婚呢 |
[07:18] | One thing at a time, brother. | 一件一件事来 哥哥 |
[07:23] | Now… | 现在… |
[07:25] | did, uh– | 是不是… |
[07:28] | Well, did you ever find someone? | 你遇到过合适的吗 |
[07:30] | You know, someone special? | 对你而言特殊的人 |
[07:32] | No. | 没有 |
[07:35] | No, I never did. | 我从未遇到过 |
[07:38] | I’m not very– | 我并不是很… |
[07:41] | Those things can be difficult. | 这种事很难的 |
[07:43] | – Romance, ya know. – Oh I– Don’t I know it. | -浪漫的那些事… -我懂 |
[07:46] | Oh, you do, do you? | 你很懂吧 |
[07:48] | Well, I just mean that, well… | 我的意思是… |
[07:52] | When one’s traveling, | 一个人在旅行的时候 |
[07:54] | you tend to forge a lot of relationships, and– | 你倾向于建立很多关系 |
[07:58] | Traveling, yes, I’m sure. | 旅行 我想是的 |
[08:00] | But it can also be quite difficult | 但当一个人必须待在家里 |
[08:02] | when one must stay at home | 给自己父亲擦屁股的时候 |
[08:03] | to wipe one’s own father’s bottom. | 可是很困难的 |
[08:06] | Do you know about that, as well? | 这些你懂吗 |
[08:11] | Well, I… | 我 |
[08:15] | I– I don’t. | 我不懂 |
[08:20] | No. | 不 |
[08:22] | And you never held him while he wept like a baby | 当他像个孩子一样哭泣 以为和他一起的 |
[08:26] | and called out to his own mother | 是他自己的妈妈时 |
[08:27] | whom he thought was in the room with him. | 你从来没有抱过他 |
[08:33] | Once he said to me– the pain, | 他有一次和我说 那些痛苦 |
[08:35] | he said that it felt like there was a rat king | 他说那就像他的场子里 |
[08:38] | living in his bowel. | 住了一只鼠王 |
[08:43] | Do you know what that is? | 你懂那种感觉吗 |
[08:50] | Of course I do. | 我当然懂 |
[08:51] | That’s horrible, I– | 很可怕 我 |
[08:53] | with the… little crown and– | 戴着那种小王冠… |
[08:57] | It… must have been terrible, | 那肯定很可怕 |
[09:00] | and I’m so sorry, Roma. | 我很遗憾 罗玛 |
[09:02] | Well, that’s why I’m here, I suppose. | 我想我也正是因此而来的 |
[09:04] | Solid as a rock. | 坚如磐石 |
[09:12] | I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. | 对不起 我也不知道我是怎么了 |
[09:14] | I’m not angry at you, not really. | 我其实并没有对你生气 |
[09:17] | I just miss him. | 我只是很想他 |
[09:20] | I do too. | 我也是 |
[09:24] | It was supposed to be a special night. | 今晚本来应该是很特殊的一晚 |
[09:27] | Well, it is special. You’ve made is so. | 的确很特殊 你让今晚特殊 |
[09:31] | Well, I’m sorry I got upset. | 我抱歉我情绪不好 |
[09:34] | Listen, you don’t ever have to apologize to me. | 听着 你永远不用向我道歉 |
[09:38] | From this moment forward, I’m here. | 从今往后 我都会在这里 |
[09:41] | Partners. Fifty-fifty. | 我们是搭档 五五分成 |
[09:49] | Well, then let’s toast. | 那我们祝酒吧 |
[09:54] | To Herbert J. Avalind | 敬哈波特·J·阿瓦兰德 |
[09:55] | and the future success of his children. | 以及他孩子未来的成功 |
[10:00] | Our success. | 我们的成功 |
[10:03] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[10:14] | Well, it’s bad luck if you toast and don’t drink it. | 如果说了祝酒词却不喝 和不是好兆头 |
[10:17] | Well, this you might not actually believe, | 你可能不信 |
[10:20] | but, well, I’ve givin’ it up. | 但是 我戒了 |
[10:24] | – You? – I know, I know, it’s– | -你吗 -我知道 我知道 这 |
[10:27] | Well, it just got to be where… | 肯定是那次… |
[10:29] | I wasn’t very gentlemanly when I drank. | 我喝了酒之后算不上什么绅士 |
[10:32] | And then it stopped being pleasant. | 然后事情就变得有点糟糕 |
[10:34] | So I stopped. | 于是我的酒 |
[10:36] | And honestly, I’ve been better for it ever since. | 说实话 后来我就好多了 |
[10:39] | I don’t suppose you have any apple juice in there? | 你应该没有准备苹果汁吧 |
[10:41] | Apple juice is bad luck, too. | 苹果汁也不是好兆头 |
[10:51] | I– | 我… |
[10:54] | Good for you, | 好样的 |
[10:56] | Remus. | 雷莫斯 |
[10:58] | You’ve done something our father never could. | 你做到了我们父亲永远没做到的事 |
[11:02] | I’ll just grab one of these soda pops instead. | 我去拿瓶苏打水吧 |
[11:05] | But I don’t mind, you go ahead, indulge yourself. | 但没关系 你喝吧 别介意 |
[11:07] | You’ve earned it. | 这是你应得的 |
[11:12] | It’s– It’s no fun when you’re the only one drinking, so… | 如果只有一个人喝 那也没什么意思 所以 |
[11:27] | Ya know, this actually– | 这其实 |
[11:29] | this actually reminds me, I, uh, | 这其实提醒了我 我… |
[11:32] | saw a volcano up close once. | 曾经近距离看过一座火山 |
[11:35] | Kind of unimpressive, actually. | 其实没什么厉害的 |
[11:36] | Will you show me how that works? | 你能让我看看那是怎么样的 |
[11:38] | Well, ya see, it all comes down to magma– | 是这样的 下面都是岩… |
[11:42] | No, your pistol. | 不 你的手枪 |
[11:45] | Oh, my– | 我的… |
[11:48] | Well, I didn’t think you cared for the shooting sports. | 我还以为你对射击不感兴趣呢 |
[11:52] | Well, I don’t. | 我是不感兴趣 |
[11:54] | But I will be working the night desk. | 但是我可是要上夜班的了 |
[11:57] | At first, at least. | 至少要了解一下 |
[12:00] | A woman alone out here? | 一个女人家独自在这里 |
[12:02] | I was thinking it might be wise | 我在考虑应该投资 |
[12:04] | to invest in some personal protection. | 一些个人保护措施 |
[12:06] | I think it’s an excellent idea. Very mature. | 我觉得这个主意很棒 很成熟 |
[12:10] | I’m proud of ya. | 我为你自豪 |
[12:12] | Come here, follow me. | 来 跟我来 |
[12:14] | I’ll show ya a little something. | 我给你见识一下 |
[12:16] | Very important to have a firm grip. | 抓稳是非常重要的 |
[12:18] | Firm, but not too tight. | 要抓稳 不能太紧 |
[12:20] | Think of it as an extension of your arm. | 把它想象成从你手上延伸出去的一部分 |
[12:24] | Get a handle on it. | 抓住把手 |
[12:26] | You take dead aim…. | 你要瞄准 |
[12:32] | Got ya, bastard. | 打中了 混蛋 |
[12:36] | Also, control. | 还有 控制 |
[12:39] | Control is very important. | 控制是很重要的 |
[12:41] | Yeah, feel the weight of it. That’s good. | 感受它的重量 很好 |
[12:43] | Gotta maintain a sense of control, | 你要保持一种控制感 |
[12:46] | and also have an objective. | 还要有一个目标 |
[12:50] | Pick a target… | 选一个目标 |
[12:52] | and, maybe most importantly, take dead aim, and then– | 然后 最重要的是 瞄准 然后 |
[13:20] | I’d have just given it to ya if you’d asked. | 只要你开口 我可以全给你 |
[15:00] | 将财产转移给 唯一归属权 同事 | |
[15:35] | Ohh, there she go. | 她在这里 |
[15:42] | That’s all she wrote. | 她就写到了这里 |
[15:49] | Is that chicken? | 那是一只鸡吗 |
[15:53] | Yes. | 输的 |
[16:00] | Yeah, I thought I smelled meat. | 我就说我闻到了肉的味道 |
[16:03] | Are you alone… sir? | 你是一个人吗 先生 |
[16:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:09] | Are y’all alone? | 这里不是只有你们吗 |
[16:13] | – Yes. – Well, pardon me, | -是的 -不好意思 |
[16:15] | aren’t I sittin’ here? | 我不是坐下了吗 |
[16:19] | Uh… Never mind. | 算了 |
[16:24] | Yeah, well, I’m just wanderin’, | 我只是在想 |
[16:26] | ya know, seein’ where I land, | 看到这个地方 |
[16:29] | seein’ who I land with. | 看到你 |
[16:32] | I don’t know how long. | 我不知道走了多久 |
[16:35] | Long time. | 很久了 |
[16:38] | Eventually I saw your fire, which was thankful timin’, | 最终我看到了你的火 真是太好了 |
[16:41] | ’cause I didn’t want to piss all over my good shoes in the dark. | 因为我不想把我的好鞋子在黑暗里走坏了 |
[16:49] | Boyfriend’s takin’ ZZZ’s, huh? | 男朋友在睡觉吗 |
[16:52] | Havin’ a little nap? | 在小睡吗 |
[16:57] | He’s my brother. | 他是我的哥哥 |
[17:02] | Well, forest air’s good for sleepin’. | 森林里不适合睡觉 |
[17:05] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[17:07] | What’s all this mess? | 这里怎么一团乱 |
[17:08] | Plantin’ some beans up here? | 在忙着种豆子吗 |
[17:11] | We’re gonna build a hotel. | 我们要造一个旅店 |
[17:13] | Ha! Like a innkeep rentin’ rooms and so forth? | 类似于出租房间那种的东西吗 |
[17:18] | Man, I been wanderin’ so long, | 天 我走了这么久 |
[17:20] | stayin’ still sounds nice. | 落个脚听上去感觉还是很不错 |
[17:23] | The guests they come, guests they go, | 客人们来来去去的 |
[17:25] | but here you are, always on the other side of that. | 但你永远在另一边等着 |
[17:35] | That’s delicious. | 真美味 |
[17:37] | Well… I’ll git. | 我要走了 |
[17:41] | But I thank you for the leak and the bird. | 但是谢谢你陪我聊天和这只鸡 |
[17:57] | Well, lookie, lookie, gimme a cookie. | 看啊 给我点好东西 |
[18:03] | Looks like I wasn’t the only one | 看来不是只有我 |
[18:04] | that needed to let something loose, huh? | 有秘密想说啊 |
[18:35] | Damn! Fine threads. | 布料可真棒 |
[18:37] | Made in Paree? My goodness! | 巴黎制造的吗 我的天啊 |
[18:41] | Is your brother in pictures? | 你哥哥倒腾画的吗 |
[18:45] | Oil? | 油 |
[18:48] | Land? | 土地 |
[18:51] | He’s not in anything. | 他不倒腾任何东西 |
[18:54] | No, he sure ain’t! | 不 他肯定有勾当 |
[19:10] | Now you’re mine. | 你现在是我的了 |
[19:16] | ‘Course… | 当然了 |
[19:18] | this ruins the duds, don’t it? | 这衣服可是被毁了 |
[19:21] | ‘Cause that ain’t ketchup, baby. | 因为这些可不是番茄酱 宝贝 |
[19:23] | Ya know, that’s gonna leave a stain. | 肯定会留渍的 |
[19:26] | I wonder… what you’d do– | 我想知道 你要做什么 |
[19:30] | or give me– to make sure no others came callin’. | 或者给我什么 好让我不说出去呢 |
[20:07] | To see your face! | 吓傻了吧 |
[20:45] | What do we have here? | 我们来看看这有什么 |
[21:01] | Now you’re mine, too. | 你现在也是我的了 |
[21:05] | And I like you better! | 我更喜欢你 |
[22:22] | Welcome, travelers. | 欢迎 旅行者 |
[22:25] | How many nights will you be staying? | 你要住几晚 |
[22:30] | Welcome, travelers. How– | 欢迎 旅行者 你… |
[22:34] | How many nights will you be staying? | 你要住几晚 |
[22:37] | Welcome– | 欢迎 |
[22:40] | Welcome, travelers. | 欢迎 旅行者 |
[22:42] | And how many nights will be you staying with us? | 你要和我们住几晚 |
[23:49] | Should we get down to the business at hand? | 我们能赶紧干正事吗 |
[23:51] | Oh, I like your style. | 我喜欢你的风格 |
[23:55] | I wanna see him. | 我想见他 |
[23:56] | He doesn’t understand things on a human level. | 他没有正常的理解能力 |
[23:59] | In his mind, he’s still in the jungle. | 他觉得他还在丛林里 |
[24:03] | What makes you think you can handle this? | 你为什么觉得你能应付 |
[24:05] | And this is the real thing? | 这是真的吗 |
[24:09] | Oh, honey. | 亲耐的 |
[24:11] | When you see him in the flesh, | 等你亲眼看到他 |
[24:14] | there’s no question. | 就不会有疑问了 |
[24:15] | Yeah, good boy. Good boy! | 好孩子 好孩子 |