时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:07] | This is Dave, our props guy. | 这是大卫 负责道具 |
[01:10] | Say hi, Dave. All right. | 打个招呼 大卫 好的 |
[01:16] | And this is our awesome cameraman, Chris. | 这是我们超酷的摄影师 克里斯 |
[01:19] | What’s going on, Chris? | 你好吗 克里斯 |
[01:21] | – Here are the stars – I get it, | -这是这部剧的… -我明白 |
[01:22] | – of our show. – but it’s not just your decision. | -明星 -但这不仅是你的决定 |
[01:25] | And that was the part that I wrote. | 而且这部分是我写的 |
[01:26] | So it would be nice if you could just… | 所以如果你能够… |
[01:28] | How’s this looking? | 看上去如何 |
[01:31] | Looking good, Camille. | 很好 卡米拉 |
[01:35] | You know, we could have talked about this just between us. | 我们可以就私下两人谈谈 |
[01:39] | Everybody didn’t need to hear that. | 其他人没必要知道 |
[01:40] | Hey, is this working? | 这个在录吗 |
[01:42] | – Yeah. – Yes? | -嗯 -在录吗 |
[01:43] | Let’s take that and shoot | 那就过去拍一些 |
[01:45] | some of those segments outdoors. | 外面的片段 |
[01:47] | Great zombie intro. | 僵尸介绍很棒 |
[01:48] | – Yes, yes, yes. – Yes. Yes. Nice. | -没错 -没错 好极了 |
[01:51] | Hang on to that, Jerry. | 坚持拍摄 杰瑞 |
[01:56] | …odd. | …奇怪 |
[01:59] | So how old are you here? | 这里面你多大了 |
[02:02] | I mean, this is, uh, 1974, | 这是1974年 |
[02:06] | so… 25. | 所以25岁 |
[02:10] | How did you get this footage? | 你怎么拿到这些片段的 |
[02:13] | Where did you find? | 在哪找到的 |
[02:15] | Oh, a ton of this stuff is up on YouTube now. | 油管上有很多这样的片段 |
[02:20] | So these were the early days of “Night Shift,” right? | 这是《夜班》拍摄的早期阶段 对吧 |
[02:23] | Yes. Yes, Robert and I were just out of community college, | 对 罗伯特和我刚从社区大学毕业 |
[02:27] | and the station had these new portable cameras, | 局里有些新的手持摄像机 |
[02:30] | – and we set our minds… – Sorry. Uh, wait. Sorry. | -所以我们就决定… -抱歉 等等 抱歉 |
[02:35] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[02:39] | OK. You can keep going. | 好了 继续说吧 |
[02:43] | Um, aren’t you writing an article | 除了电台采访 |
[02:45] | in addition to the radio interview? | 你不是还要写篇报道吗 |
[02:47] | Yeah. I’ll do a short written piece | 对 我会写一篇简短的报道 |
[02:49] | to go along with the podcast. | 配合这个播客播出 |
[02:56] | Would you mind? | 你能签个名吗 |
[02:57] | I’m such a huge fan of yours. Me and my dad grew up on you. | 我是你们的忠实粉丝 我和我爸从小看你们片子 |
[03:00] | We watched as many of your episodes as we could find. | 看了所有我们能找到的片子 |
[03:05] | You guys were the greatest. | 你们真是太棒了 |
[03:08] | And I wasn’t even expecting you to be in character. | 而且我没想到你这么随和 |
[03:33] | Why are you finally talking to me now? | 你为什么最终同意了我的采访 |
[03:37] | You can only keep things buried so long | 有些事情只能掩盖一时 |
[03:43] | before they… rise up. | 之后就会浮出水面 |
[03:52] | You know, I honestly thought | 我真的以为 |
[03:53] | that you’d look, like, way older. | 你会更老一些 |
[03:58] | So, uh, “Night Shift” was born in 1972, | 《夜班》在1972年面世 |
[04:02] | and it ran for a few years, and | 播了好几年 然后 |
[04:04] | Excuse me one moment. Sorry. Please. | 我失陪一下 抱歉 |
[04:13] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[05:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:24] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[05:27] | The wine is… | 红酒 |
[05:29] | strong. | 劲儿太强了 |
[05:32] | You’ll have to forgive my tastes. | 你要原谅我的口味 |
[05:41] | Do you mind if we start from the beginning? | 你介意我们从头开始吗 |
[05:43] | – Yes, yes. – How did this all happen? | -可以可以 -这一切是怎么发生的 |
[05:48] | Well, it was Robert and I since we were kids, and, um… | 罗伯特和我在小的时候 |
[05:55] | we grew up in the middle of nowhere | 我们在一个穷乡僻壤的地方长大 |
[05:58] | with nothing but our imaginations, | 那里什么都没有 只有我俩的想象力 |
[06:01] | keep us from insane, | 防止我们发疯 |
[06:04] | and we put on little plays in my bedroom | 我们在我的卧室里演戏 |
[06:06] | and record radio shows in middle school. | 初中的时候录制广播节目 |
[06:10] | And in high school, | 高中的时候 |
[06:11] | we performed plays for our friends in garages, | 我们在车库 墓地 以及天黑后的森林里 |
[06:14] | in the graveyards, in the forests after dark. | 给朋友们表演节目 |
[06:19] | Then, when we went to community college, | 然后我们上了社区大学 |
[06:22] | we started working at the TV station, | 我们从电视台干起 |
[06:24] | and we were the only ones with enough spare time | 我们俩是唯一有时间 |
[06:27] | to, uh, learn the new equipment, | 学习新设备的 |
[06:28] | and there was so much dead air after midnight | 午夜过后 空气变得死气沉沉 |
[06:31] | that they eventually offered us | 他们最终让我们 |
[06:33] | what they referred to as… | 他们管这叫 |
[06:38] | the night shift. | 守夜人 |
[06:40] | And that’s really when Robert and I | 那时候 罗伯特和我 |
[06:44] | truly became each other’s everything. | 真的成为了彼此的全部 |
[06:45] | I mean, we cracked each other up, | 我们互相嘲笑 |
[06:47] | we terrified each other, | 互相吓唬 |
[06:49] | we put on little comedy skits about horror movies and vice versa. | 我们表演有关恐怖电影的喜剧小品 反之亦然 |
[06:51] | They blended together perfectly. | 二者完美地融合在一起 |
[06:53] | Horror, monsters, demon jokes, | 恐怖 怪物 恶魔的笑话 |
[06:55] | terror, slapstick, all of it. | 惊悚 闹剧 这些东西 |
[06:58] | By the time school ended, | 毕业了之后 |
[07:00] | we’d kind of gotten a bit of a following, | 我们又有了一些追随者 |
[07:03] | so we were still hanging around the TV station, | 我们还在电视台工作 |
[07:06] | and the late night crew we had was hilarious. | 夜班组员特别搞笑 |
[07:09] | And so we dreamt up our own night shift | 所以我们想象出了自己的夜班 |
[07:11] | and started showing movies | 并在午夜之后 |
[07:13] | with our own short films after midnight. | 开始播放我们自己的短片 |
[07:15] | It was — it was — That was our dream, | 那是我们的梦想 |
[07:18] | and we just — it was — it was just, uh | 我们只是… |
[07:23] | Yeah. We, um… | 我们… |
[07:27] | Why did it stop? | 最后为什么不干了 |
[07:32] | You know, we were… we were kids, and… | 我们当时还是孩子 |
[07:38] | boys will be boys. | 男孩就是男孩 |
[07:42] | What does that mean, boys will be boys? | 这是什么意思 男孩就是男孩 |
[08:04] | I don’t have to tell you anything. | 我不需要告诉你任何事 |
[08:52] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[08:58] | Hello, Darkness. | 你好 黑暗 |
[09:06] | My old friend. | 我的老朋友 |
[09:17] | Oh, hello. It’s lovely to see you again. | 你好 很高兴再次见到你 |
[09:22] | It’s good to see you, too. | 见到你也很高兴 |
[09:26] | Nina reached out to me last year. | 尼娜去年和我联系过 |
[09:29] | She wants to tell our story to everyone who loved the show, | 她想把我们的故事告诉所有喜欢这个节目的人 |
[09:33] | and she asked me to come here and to see you again. | 她让我再来这里找你 |
[09:40] | We didn’t tell you because, well, | 我们没告诉你是因为 |
[09:43] | I knew you’d never agree to see me otherwise. | 我知道你不会同意见我的 |
[09:56] | Stop! | 别走 |
[10:03] | I have crossed oceans to reunite with you, my old friend. | 我远跨重洋与你团聚 我的老朋友 |
[10:09] | I have always known that destiny | 我一直都知道命运 |
[10:11] | would bring us back together, | 会让我们重聚 |
[10:12] | and tonight seems to be the night. | 似乎就是今晚 |
[10:19] | As you yourself once said… | 你自己也说过 |
[10:22] | “Should she come knocking at my door…” | 她来敲我的门 |
[10:31] | “…who am I to deny a date with Destiny?” | 我怎么能拒绝与命运约会 |
[10:49] | OK. So, as far as I understand, | 好吧 据我所知 |
[10:53] | the show officially started in 1972, | 这个节目于1972年正式开始 |
[10:55] | but by 1975, it just stopped. | 但是1975年就停止了 |
[10:59] | So what happened? | 怎么回事 |
[11:01] | Seems you already know our story. | 看来你已经知道我们的故事了 |
[11:03] | His side at least. | 至少是他的部分 |
[11:04] | OK, I know some of it, not all of it. | 我知道一些 但不是全部 |
[11:06] | But I haven’t heard anything from you. | 我还不知道你的故事 |
[11:12] | With your permission? | 你同意吗 |
[11:13] | You certainly don’t need my permission. | 你不需要我的同意 |
[11:16] | Jesus. There was a time when I couldn’t even | 天啊 有一段时间如果我没有咨询罗伯特 |
[11:18] | address the crew without consulting Robert or he’d lose it! | 和剧组人员说话 他就不乐意了 |
[11:21] | That must’ve been difficult. | 那一定很难熬吧 |
[11:23] | I’d say it was beyond difficult. | 何止是难熬 |
[11:26] | Um, I see, but you did | 我明白了 但你形容 |
[11:27] | describe this as a perfect match. | 你们俩是完美的搭档 |
[11:32] | Yeah, we were. We were… for a time. | 是的 有一段时间我们是完美的搭档 |
[11:37] | Until 1975. | 直到1975年 |
[11:39] | Until… | 直到 |
[11:42] | Until Camille. | 直到卡米尔出现 |
[11:45] | I’m allowed to say her name. | 我可以说她的名字 |
[11:48] | I loved her, too. | 我也爱她 |
[11:49] | Love? Love?! | 爱 爱 |
[11:52] | I think you and I have very different notions of what love is. | 我俩对爱情的理解差别很大啊 |
[11:54] | Love does not end | 爱情不会因为 |
[11:56] | because 14,558 days have passed. | 过去14558天就结束了 |
[12:01] | Not when you drive an ocean between people. | 也不会因为相处大洋两岸就结束了 |
[12:03] | It only makes it stronger. Fortified by time, distance. | 时间和距离只会让爱情变得更加牢固 |
[12:08] | Even death cannot destroy love. | 死亡也无法毁灭爱情 |
[12:28] | 40 years, and now you want to share a drink with me? | 40年了 现在才想跟我一起喝一杯吗 |
[12:32] | Why don’t you pour me one? | 你给我倒一杯吧 |
[12:34] | I don’t think you can handle the wine I drink, old friend. | 你应该喝不了我的酒 老朋友 |
[12:37] | – Really? – Yes, really. | -真的 -没错 真的 |
[12:50] | Not bad, not bad, not bad at all. | 不赖 不赖 很不赖 |
[13:01] | Pardon me. | 不好意思 |
[13:04] | That’s not supposed to be funny. | 这不好笑 |
[13:05] | I know, but it was. | 但的确很好笑 |
[13:06] | I’d appreciate it if you stopped laughing. | 我希望你能不要再笑了 |
[13:10] | Hey, fuck you. | 去你妈的 |
[13:12] | Excuse me. I’m-I’m sorry. | 不好意思 我很抱歉 |
[13:14] | I’m just– | 我只是 |
[13:16] | Let me tell you something, my old friend. | 我告诉你 老朋友 |
[13:19] | I’ve not come here bearing a festering hatred. | 我不是带着仇恨来的 |
[13:25] | I know not what you’ve done with yourself these many years… | 我不知道你这些年来对自己做了什么 |
[13:29] | but I can only hope | 但我只希望 |
[13:31] | that they have not been inhabited | 你不要像我这样 |
[13:33] | by a mere portion of the regret and pain that have filled mine. | 满怀着痛苦和悔恨 |
[13:40] | And if so, I offer you my deepest sympathies– | 这样的话 我表示很同情你 |
[13:42] | It’s not that simple. | 没有那么简单 |
[13:44] | Yes, it is. I’m old. | 就是这么简单 我老了 |
[13:46] | I don’t have much time. I’m choosing to take a chance. | 我没有多少时间了 我选择冒险 |
[13:48] | You can’t just turn back time. | 你不能倒转时间 |
[13:50] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[13:52] | – My God, you are so stubborn. – No, I’m not. | -天啊 你真固执 -不 我没有 |
[13:54] | As stubborn as you’ve ever been. | 就像你以前一样固执 |
[13:55] | You’re like a… lonely old man. | 你就像个…孤独的老头 |
[13:57] | You’ve got nothing, you got nobody. | 你什么都没有 你没有任何人 |
[13:59] | Who’s fault is that? | 那是谁的错 |
[14:00] | Well, it’s not mine, | 不是我的错 |
[14:01] | and don’t put that all on me. | 别想怪在我头上 |
[14:03] | I accept my part. | 我接受了我的桥段 |
[14:05] | – But you– – Me?! | -但你 -我 |
[14:06] | I acted out of love and dedication, | 我都是出于爱和奉献 |
[14:09] | and if I am a lonely old man with nothing and no one, | 如果我是一个一无所有 无人相伴的老头子 |
[14:12] | then it’s because you– | 那是因为你… |
[14:15] | I was just a boy, a scared boy! | 我只是一个男孩 一个吓坏的男孩 |
[14:17] | I didn’t understand! | 我根本不懂 |
[14:18] | You were a man! You were a man! | 你是一个男人 你是一个男人 |
[14:20] | You were everything I wanted to be! | 你就是我憧憬的一切 |
[14:22] | You had it all! | 你什么都有 |
[14:23] | And you took the one thing | 但你夺走了唯一一样 |
[14:25] | that I had that you didn’t! | 只有我有的东西 |
[14:26] | I didn’t take anything! She was a grown woman! | 我没有夺走任何东西 她是一个成年的女人了 |
[14:29] | She made a choice! Camille– | 她自己做了选择 卡米尔 |
[14:31] | I gave up my life as I know it! | 我甚至献出了生命 |
[14:34] | You stepped right in! | 你就这么出现 |
[14:36] | Whoa. OK, just settle down. | 冷静点 |
[14:41] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[14:42] | She came between you and ended the show, | 她出现在你们之间 结束了这个节目 |
[14:46] | and I’m guessing your friendship. | 我想也结束了你们的友谊 |
[14:49] | But I’ve been through break-ups, | 但我也经历过分手 |
[14:51] | and eventually you just– you move on. | 到最后你是会 往前看的 |
[14:55] | I just can’t believe after 40 years | 我不敢相信过了40年 |
[14:57] | this is still so charged. | 你们还如此耿耿于怀 |
[15:03] | So what really happened? | 到底发生了什么 |
[15:06] | Well, when Camille joined the show, | 卡米尔加入节目后 |
[15:10] | she instantly fell in love with Ted, | 她马上就爱上了泰德 |
[15:12] | our fearless leader. | 我们无畏的领导 |
[15:14] | I can’t say I blame her, | 这不能怪她 |
[15:15] | even as I held a flame for her myself. | 虽然我当时就很喜欢她 |
[15:19] | But I realized, | 但我意识到 |
[15:21] | since Ted had Camille, | 泰德已经有卡米尔了 |
[15:23] | that he really didn’t need me anymore. | 他不再需要我了 |
[15:27] | And I was terrified. | 我很害怕 |
[15:29] | I was angry whenever you disagreed with me. | 每次你不同意我的观点 我都很生气 |
[15:32] | I felt that everything was changing, | 我感觉一切都变了 |
[15:35] | and that I was falling apart. | 我快要崩溃了 |
[15:39] | And then, one night, Camille came to see me | 然后有一天晚上 卡米尔来找我 |
[15:43] | to tell me the secret that she alone had harbored. | 告诉了我一个她自己的秘密 |
[15:48] | That she had been… | 她被… |
[15:51] | bitten. | 咬了 |
[15:54] | Bitten? | 咬了 |
[15:57] | This secret that she held was driving a wedge | 她的这个秘密影响了 |
[16:00] | between her and Ted. | 她和泰德之间的关系 |
[16:03] | And I encouraged her to tell him. | 我鼓励她告诉他 |
[16:06] | And I built up her confidence in spite of her changes. | 虽然她改变了 我还是让她鼓起信心 |
[16:11] | And in doing so, we– | 于是 我们 |
[16:13] | You two fell in love. | 你们坠入了爱河 |
[16:15] | It was an accident. | 那是一个意外 |
[16:16] | We couldn’t help the way we felt. | 我们情不自禁 |
[16:19] | You could’ve stepped aside | 你可以撒手不管 |
[16:20] | instead of driving me insane, | 而不是把我逼疯 |
[16:22] | making me so terrified of losing her | 不用让我不惜一切 |
[16:23] | that I would do anything not to. | 也不想失去她 |
[16:33] | She would never agree to this. | 她不会同意的 |
[16:38] | So, one day, as she slept… | 于是 有一天 在她睡着的时候 |
[16:43] | I put my bare neck on her teeth, | 我把我的脖子放在了她的牙齿下 |
[16:46] | and I startled her in her sleep. | 然后把她惊醒 |
[16:49] | I felt her teeth clench into my neck… | 我感觉到她的牙齿陷入了我的脖子中 |
[16:55] | locking our souls together for eternity. | 永远将我们的灵魂交织在了一起 |
[17:00] | But, uh, it was too late. | 但是 太晚了 |
[17:03] | She’d already fallen in love with you. | 她已经爱上了你 |
[17:07] | My best friend. | 我最好的朋友 |
[17:10] | You stole her from me, | 你把她从我身边偷走了 |
[17:12] | and you didn’t even have the courage | 你甚至都没有勇气 |
[17:14] | to take the bite and commit to her. | 接受她的咬 献身于她 |
[17:15] | I couldn’t be the man she wanted me to be. | 我无法成为她希望我成为的那种男人 |
[17:17] | You stole her to get to me! | 你抢走她是为了得到我 |
[17:20] | And then you left her, and then you abandoned us! | 然后你离开了她 然后你抛弃了我们 |
[17:29] | I had a shot at true happiness, | 我原来有机会得到真正的幸福 |
[17:33] | and all of it’s gone. | 现在 全部没了 |
[17:36] | Gone… because of you. | 没了 都是因为你 |
[17:42] | All I can say is I’m sorry. | 我只能说 对不起 |
[17:47] | And I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[17:50] | And I wanna be your friend again. | 我想重新成为你的朋友 |
[17:54] | For as long as I have left. | 就像我当初离开那样 |
[18:37] | Open it! Now! | 快打开 |
[18:54] | Go! | 快走 |
[18:56] | I can’t control myself! | 我控制不了我自己 |
[19:12] | You dumbass! | 你这个混蛋 |
[19:21] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[19:23] | No! Oh, God. No. | 天啊 不 |
[19:26] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:27] | Go! | 快走 |
[19:34] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[19:36] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[19:38] | My old friend. No! | 我的老朋友 不 |
[19:49] | So good. | 真美味 |
[19:52] | I always wondered. | 我一直很想尝尝 |
[19:55] | What have I done? | 我都做了什么 |
[19:56] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:58] | I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 我很抱歉 |
[20:01] | I just– all these years wasted. | 我只是 浪费了这么多年 |
[20:04] | It’s– it’s OK. | 没关系 |
[20:07] | Just being able to see you again– | 只要能再见到你 |
[20:11] | it was worth it. | 都值了 |
[20:15] | It was worth it. | 都值了 |
[20:17] | It’s not too late. | 还不算太晚 |
[20:20] | It’s not too late. | 还不算太晚 |
[20:25] | Do… do you trust me? | 你…你相信我吗 |
[20:29] | – Yes. – Do you trust me? | -当然 -你相信我吗 |
[20:31] | Do you wanna be together? | 你想一起吗 |
[20:34] | Always. | 一直都想 |
[20:36] | Say the words with me, then. | 那就和我一起说出那个词 |
[20:39] | “Hello, Darkness.” | “你好 黑暗” |
[20:42] | Hello, Darkness. | 你好 黑暗 |
[20:47] | “My old friend.” | “我的老朋友” |
[21:36] | How are you supposed to cut him down with that? | 你要怎么用那个把他切开 |
[21:43] | Be sure to hang around… | 记得继续收看 |
[21:45] | …for the thrilling conclusion of “So You Think You Can Scream.” | 《你以为你能尖叫》的精彩结局 |
[21:52] | – Not bad. – Yeah. Pretty good. | -不赖啊 -是啊 很棒 |
[21:57] | Oh, man. | 天 |
[21:59] | This is pretty awful, though. | 但这是真的难喝 |
[22:01] | Yeah, you have to get used to it, | 嗯 你得想办法习惯 |
[22:02] | otherwise you’re gonna have to, um– | 不然你就只能… |
[22:05] | Housekeeping! | 客房服务 |
[22:11] | – Come in! – Come in! | -请进 -请进 |
[23:21] | I work for the devil. | 我为恶魔工作 |
[23:23] | I’m more of an… executive assistant to the devil. | 我应该算是 恶魔的执行助理 |
[23:29] | Now, when you talk about hell, what do you mean exactly? | 你说的地狱到底是什么意思 |
[23:33] | Would you like to see a preview? | 你想看看预告吗 |
[23:34] | A preview? | 预告 |