时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | – Shit. – What’s up? | -该死 -怎么了 |
[00:38] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[00:41] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[00:41] | Oh no, it’s gross. | 不了 太恶心了 |
[00:42] | – No. Let me– let me– – It’s gross! | -不 让我 让我… -太恶心了 |
[00:44] | – You don’t wanna see it! – Let me see! | -你不会想看的 -让我看看 |
[00:46] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[00:49] | Yikes! | 天呐 |
[00:50] | Yeah, I don’t know what happened. | 是啊 我也不知道怎么搞的 |
[00:52] | I got the right shoes and the right socks, | 我买了合适的鞋子袜子 |
[00:55] | and I spent all that extra time breaking them in. | 还花了很多时间跟鞋子磨合 |
[00:57] | But I guess I did not notice… | 但我猜我没注意到 |
[01:01] | this little guy. | 这个小东西 |
[01:05] | Like, where did it even come from? | 我都不知道是从哪儿来的 |
[01:08] | – Oh my God. You’re not gonna believe this. – What? | -天呐 你不会信的 -什么 |
[01:11] | Okay. You know how we always used to make fun of our moms | 你还记得我们总是取笑我们的妈妈 |
[01:14] | for their cucumber facials, | 她们用黄瓜敷脸 |
[01:16] | and… overnight masks, | 还有 睡眠面膜 |
[01:19] | – and long spa days? – Yeah. | -还有长时间的水疗 -记得 |
[01:21] | Well, I kind of think | 我有点觉得 |
[01:25] | they might have been on to something. | 她们这么做有道理 |
[01:28] | You thought to bring Epsom salts on a hiking trip? | 你来徒步旅行还带了镁盐 |
[01:31] | That is so… beautifully extra. | 这真是个…美好的附加品 |
[01:35] | Well, I was gonna save them for the last day, | 我本来想留着最后一天用 |
[01:37] | but it’ll be our last night with a bathtub and… | 但今天是最后一天有浴缸的 而且 |
[01:42] | I think it’s the right time. | 我觉得现在正是时候 |
[01:43] | It’s like, I mean, it’s not that bad. | 其实也没那么糟糕 |
[01:46] | Let’s go draw you a bath. | 给你泡个澡吧 |
[01:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:49] | Do you– do you want help? | 你需要帮忙吗 |
[01:50] | – I’m good. I think I can hobble. – Okay. | -不用 我能跳着走 -好 |
[02:04] | There’s no dressing rooms on the trail, dude. | 徒步中可没有更衣室 姐们 |
[02:07] | Oh, um, the water’s good now. | 水可以了 |
[02:11] | I just had the best idea. | 我刚想到个好主意 |
[02:12] | How about you move in with me and take care of me forever? | 不如你搬来和我住 一辈子照顾我吧 |
[02:16] | Can’t. I’ve got a lot of business | 不行 我在爸妈的地下室 |
[02:18] | to attend to in my parents’ basement. | 要好多业务要处理 |
[02:22] | Sorry. I didn’t mean to bring it up. | 抱歉 我不是这个意思 |
[02:24] | Relax. It’s fine. | 放松 没关系 |
[02:27] | This is heaven. Thank you. | 这真舒服 谢谢 |
[02:31] | Don’t even mention it. | 别客气 |
[02:32] | No. Not just for this. | 不 不仅为这个 |
[02:34] | Look, I… | 听着 我… |
[02:36] | I know that it’s only been a day. | 我知道不过才一天 |
[02:38] | Just a day? | 才一天 |
[02:40] | Two peaks in one day is nothing to scoff at. | 一天两座山可不是闹着玩的 |
[02:43] | Like, that is a major achievement. | 这可是重要的一大步 |
[02:45] | Well, that’s why I need to thank you. | 所以我才要谢谢你 |
[02:47] | Ever since I pitched you this crazy idea and you didn’t laugh– | 自从我向你提出这个疯狂的建议 而且你没笑我 |
[02:50] | and for real, I thought you would laugh in my face– | 真的 我以为你会当面嘲笑我 |
[02:54] | I knew quitting wasn’t an option. | 我就知道自己不能放弃 |
[02:56] | Even with this little setback? | 就算有这个小挫折吗 |
[02:58] | Yeah, I feel like I really am ready for three months of this. | 对 我觉得我准备好过这三个月了 |
[03:04] | I am beat, I’m gonna go lay down. | 我好累 我先去躺着了 |
[03:07] | Just shout if you need anything. | 需要什么就喊我 |
[03:10] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好 |
[03:28] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:29] | Uh, yep. | 嗯 |
[03:32] | I’m just tired. | 只是累了 |
[03:34] | Are you sweating? | 你在出汗吗 |
[03:36] | Oh, I think my body is still cooling down from today. | 我觉得我的身体还在缓解今天的疲惫 |
[03:40] | You know, | 对了 |
[03:42] | I actually wanted to check in with you. | 我想问问你 |
[03:44] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉如何 |
[03:46] | I’m great. | 我很好 |
[03:47] | I know you said quitting isn’t an option, | 我知道你说不能放弃 |
[03:49] | and you want me to hold you accountable, | 你想让我监督你 |
[03:51] | and we’re doing this no matter what. | 无论如何都要坚持 |
[03:54] | But… if you need to stop, I’ll respect that. | 但如果你想停下 我也理解 |
[03:57] | No. Everything you said is still true. | 不 你说的都对 |
[04:00] | I’m not gonna let a blister keep us from the end of the trail. | 我不能让小水泡阻挡我们走向终点 |
[04:02] | Okay. Well… | 那好 |
[04:04] | if the pain ever gets to be too much, just tell me. | 如果疼痛变得难以忍受 告诉我 |
[04:07] | There’s no shame in taking a break, at all, like, whatsoever. | 休息也没什么大不了 无伤大雅 |
[04:11] | I mean, it’s not like a three-month hike | 三个月的徒步 |
[04:12] | was gonna be a cakewalk, right? | 又不是那么简单的事 对吧 |
[04:14] | Plus, I mean, it’s not Epsom salts, | 而且 又不像镁盐那么舒服 |
[04:16] | which had me smelling amazing, by the way, | 还能让我闻上去香香的 |
[04:18] | but I did come prepared. | 但我也是有备而来的 |
[04:20] | – You did? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[04:24] | So I think I’m just gonna lance it and wrap it up | 所以我打算把水泡挑破 包扎好 |
[04:27] | and make sure it’s all nice and bandaged in the morning. | 确保没问题了 早上再缠好绷带 |
[04:29] | Wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[04:29] | Wait. You’re gonna lance it? | 等下 你要挑破它 |
[04:32] | Yeah, I looked it up before we left, | 是啊 咱们出发之前我查过了 |
[04:33] | and apparently, you’re supposed to drain it and keep it covered. | 好像是应该挤出里面的脓水再包扎好 |
[04:36] | Everybody knows that | 所有人都知道 |
[04:37] | you’re supposed to just take a square piece of duct tape, | 你应该贴一块牛皮胶布在水泡上 |
[04:41] | put it on there, and then just grip and rip, you know? | 然后使劲撕下来 知道吗 |
[04:42] | A little “Ow” now will save you a lot of “Ow” later. | 长痛不如短痛啊 |
[04:46] | I don’t know. I feel like it’ll heal better | 我不确定 我感觉得按照我查到的做 |
[04:48] | if I just do it the way that I read. | 这样才能好得快些 |
[04:53] | Okay, uh, how about this? | 好吧 要不然这样 |
[04:56] | How about we just get an early night, | 我们今天早点睡觉 |
[04:58] | and I’ll sleep on it and see if the salt helps. | 我不处理水泡 先看看浴盐管不管用 |
[05:01] | And in the morning, we can decide what to do. | 明天早上我们再决定怎么做 |
[05:03] | – Deal? – Sure. | -如何 -好的 |
[05:06] | Great. | 好极了 |
[05:29] | Shit. | 我靠 |
[05:51] | Megan? | 梅根 |
[05:52] | Uh… Is everything okay? | 出什么事了吗 |
[05:57] | Yeah, I just… | 我只是 |
[05:59] | I think it’s so… funny… | 我觉得很好笑 |
[06:02] | that our entire journey | 我们整个旅途 |
[06:03] | could be derailed by a tiny pebble. | 差点被一个小小的石子毁掉了 |
[06:06] | It’s like, is it a sign, from the universe? | 就像是上天给的一个信号 |
[06:13] | Do you think it’s a sign? | 你觉得是个信号吗 |
[06:15] | I think if this rock is a sign, | 我觉得如果这个石子是个信号 |
[06:19] | maybe you bringing those Epsom salts is also a sign. | 那你恰巧带来的镁盐也是一个信号 |
[06:23] | I’m your best friend, | 我是你最好的朋友 |
[06:26] | of course I’m here to support you. | 我当然要在你身边支持你 |
[06:30] | I guess, um… | 我觉得 |
[06:32] | like just now that I’m being vulnerable. | 就像刚才我有些疲惫脆弱 |
[06:35] | I, uh… | 我 |
[06:37] | I want you to know | 我想让你知道 |
[06:40] | that you can do the same with me. | 你也可以把心里话和我说 |
[06:47] | Is there anything you wanna tell me? | 你有什么想告诉我的事吗 |
[06:57] | No. | 没有 |
[07:02] | – Casey… – Yeah? | -凯茜 -怎么了 |
[07:07] | Never mind. I think I’m just gonna hit it. | 算了 我还是睡觉吧 |
[07:57] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[07:59] | I don’t know. I thought maybe you’d know. | 我不知道 我想也许你知道 |
[08:10] | This is a bag of rocks. | 这是一袋石头 |
[08:13] | I think you’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[08:15] | Where did this come from? | 这是哪来的 |
[08:17] | Well, it’s funny actually because I found it in your bag. | 有意思的是 这是我在你包里找到的 |
[08:20] | How did it end up in there? | 为什么你包里会有这个 |
[08:22] | Why were you going through my bag? | 你为什么要翻我的包 |
[08:23] | Why would somebody carry a bag of rocks throughout a hiking trip? | 远足的时候为什么要背着一袋石头 |
[08:26] | Wouldn’t that just add a lot of extra weight? | 这不是白白增加负重吗 |
[08:28] | It must’ve been trash I picked up along the way. | 可能是我路边随手捡的垃圾吧 |
[08:32] | You’re supposed to leave everything better than how you found it. | 爱护环境 人人有责嘛 |
[08:34] | – Right? – That’s not trash. | -对不对 -这可不是垃圾 |
[08:36] | It’s debris. | 这就是些碎屑 |
[08:39] | Okay. Tell me. | 好吧 那你告诉我 |
[08:40] | How did your debris end up in my boot? | 你的这些碎屑怎么会在我靴子里 |
[08:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:48] | You’re implying something really hurtful here, | 你的暗示实在太伤人了 |
[08:50] | and I am not even gonna dignify that with a response. | 我都不想去回应你 |
[08:55] | Why did you put the rock in my shoe? | 你为什么要把石子放在我鞋里 |
[08:57] | I suppose you could’ve just dragged your foot somewhere | 估计你是在哪里打滑了一下 |
[09:00] | and a pebble got in there. | 石子就进去了 |
[09:02] | Casey. | 凯茜 |
[09:04] | You put the rock into my boot. | 是你把石子放在我鞋里的 |
[09:09] | I know that you did. | 我知道是你干的 |
[09:12] | So just tell me why. | 告诉我为什么 |
[09:19] | Okay. Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[09:24] | So, yeah, I took those rocks at the beginning, | 是 我一开始就带了这些石头 |
[09:27] | and I put one in your shoe | 我放了一颗在你的鞋子里 |
[09:29] | because I knew it would cause a blister. | 因为我知道会让你磨出水泡 |
[09:33] | But it was gonna be this turning point in your life, | 但是这将会是你人生的一个转折点 |
[09:36] | where like life throws you a curveball, | 就像你以为你万事俱备 |
[09:38] | and you think you plan for everything, | 结果生活打了你一个措手不及 |
[09:41] | but you have to find your inner strength to get over it. | 但你只能靠自己内心的力量去克服它 |
[09:44] | And then you’d be so much stronger for it. | 然后你就会变得更加坚强 |
[09:47] | And you’d finish the trail, | 你会完成这趟旅行 |
[09:49] | not just breaking physical boundaries, | 不仅会打破身体上的界限 |
[09:51] | – but becoming mentally strong. – Stop. | -还会在精神上变得强大 -停 |
[09:57] | Casey…for the sake… | 凯茜…为了… |
[10:00] | for the sake of our friendship, | 为了我们的友谊 |
[10:03] | just be honest with me. | 你就和我说实话吧 |
[10:10] | I don’t think you want that. | 我觉得你不会想听的 |
[10:14] | I can take it. | 我能承受 |
[10:18] | All right, uh…Okay, fine. | 那…好吧 |
[10:21] | I did it. | 是我做的 |
[10:23] | Because I knew you’d fail at this whole journey. | 因为我知道这样你就完不成全程了 |
[10:27] | You thought that something this small could take me out? | 你觉得这么个小东西就能打倒我吗 |
[10:30] | No! I knew you’d fail regardless of an injury. | 不 我知道不管有没有受伤你都完不成 |
[10:35] | I mean, how much longer do you think you would have lasted? | 我的意思是 你觉得你还能坚持多久 |
[10:37] | Realistically. | 说实话 |
[10:38] | Another day? Another week? | 再过一天 还是再过一周 |
[10:42] | I did this for you, | 我是为了你才这么做 |
[10:45] | to protect you. | 为了保护你 |
[10:48] | And I hope you know what a difficult decision it was | 我希望你能知道我做出这个决定 |
[10:51] | – to make, to do. – I cannot– | -是多么的艰难 -我真不敢 |
[10:53] | I can’t believe that I didn’t see this before. | 不敢相信我以前竟然没看出来 |
[10:57] | This entire time… | 一直以来 |
[11:00] | You know what? Let me ask you something. | 我问你个问题 |
[11:03] | And… | 并且 |
[11:05] | for once can you just tell me the truth. | 就这一次 你能对我说实话吗 |
[11:10] | Sure. | 当然 |
[11:16] | Are you jealous of me? | 你是不是嫉妒我 |
[11:22] | What? | 什么 |
[11:23] | Are you jealous of me? | 你是不是嫉妒我 |
[11:28] | Why on Earth would you say something like that? | 你到底为什么要这么说 |
[11:32] | I’m prepared for either answer. | 你回答什么 我都有心理准备 |
[11:35] | – Why would I be jealous– – Oh, of me? | -为什么我要嫉妒 -嫉妒我 |
[11:39] | Why, why not? | 为什么 为什么不 |
[11:42] | I have a great family. I have great friends. | 我有一个幸福的家庭 有很好的朋友 |
[11:45] | I’m about to start a great job. | 我马上要开始一份很棒的工作 |
[11:48] | I’m happy. | 我很快乐 |
[11:51] | I think we need to get real with each other, Meg. | 我觉得我们应该对彼此坦诚点 梅根 |
[11:53] | Yeah. I think so too. | 是的 我也这么想 |
[11:55] | I’m sorry, but you’re lying to yourself. | 我很抱歉 但你在欺骗自己 |
[11:57] | – Why is that? – You are strong in so many ways, | -为什么这么说 -你在很多方面都很强 |
[12:00] | but you’re not an athlete. | 但你并不是一个运动员 |
[12:02] | – I’m a hiker. – Okay. | -我是个远足者 -是 |
[12:04] | That is like, so profound of you, but– | 听上去是很高大上 但是 |
[12:07] | Listen, the trail is just me and what I can do. | 听着 远足是我热爱且擅长的事 |
[12:10] | And I can do this. Can you? | 我可以做到 你能吗 |
[12:14] | Yeah, I’m not asking you what you look like, Casey. | 我不是问你长什么样 凯茜 |
[12:16] | I think you might be confused. | 我想你可能搞错了 |
[12:18] | I think you might be confused. | 我想你才是搞错了 |
[12:21] | You know what, here’s why I’m doing this hike. | 我来这趟远足是因为 |
[12:24] | It’s my last hoorah, | 这是我大学毕业后 |
[12:26] | woo-woo, free-spirit moment after college. | 最后一段开心放肆无拘无束的时光了 |
[12:29] | – And you wanna get in shape. – Did I ever say that? | -你还想减肥 -我说过吗 |
[12:32] | Is it not implied? | 还不够明显吗 |
[12:35] | Okay, how about you? Why are you doing this hike? | 好 那你呢 你为什么要来这趟远足 |
[12:39] | Because you wanted to do it, | 因为你想要来 |
[12:41] | and I’m your best friend. | 而且我是你最好的朋友 |
[12:43] | And I wanna help you get your life on track. | 我想帮助你 让你的生活回到正轨 |
[12:46] | My life is on track. | 我的生活就在正轨上 |
[12:49] | Listen. Do you know what people say? | 听着 你知道别人都怎么说吗 |
[12:52] | Behind your back, all your life, the jokes they make? | 一直以来他们在你背后开的玩笑 |
[12:54] | No, actually. I don’t. What do people say? | 我确实不知道 他们怎么说的 |
[12:57] | I was your only friend sometimes. | 有时候我是你唯一的朋友 |
[12:59] | I stood by you. | 我支持你 |
[13:01] | I was never embarrassed to be seen with you, like everybody else. | 我不像别人 和你在一起我从不觉得尴尬 |
[13:04] | And I never once commented about your body to other people. | 我从来没有对别人评价过你的身材 |
[13:09] | What did people say to you? | 他们都跟你说了什么 |
[13:11] | All sorts of things. | 什么话都有 |
[13:12] | They’re so mean, I don’t even wanna tell you. | 他们太刻薄了 我都不想告诉你 |
[13:15] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[13:17] | Like you’re fat, okay? | 比如你很胖 |
[13:18] | And ugly. | 而且丑 |
[13:20] | – Fat and ugly. – I know! | -又胖又丑 -我知道 |
[13:23] | You do? | 你真的知道吗 |
[13:25] | Of course I do! Who gives a shit? | 我当然知道 谁在乎呢 |
[13:29] | You don’t care that people think you’re fat? | 你不在乎人们觉得你胖吗 |
[13:31] | No, I don’t care that people think I’m fat because I’m fat! | 不 我不在乎人们觉得我胖因为我本来就很胖 |
[13:34] | And I know that. | 我知道 |
[13:37] | You know, and I know that to some people | 我也知道有些人觉得 |
[13:38] | that means that I’m ugly, but to me it doesn’t! | 我很丑 但我觉得没有 |
[13:43] | You… You expect me to believe | 你…你指望我相信 |
[13:45] | that you don’t care that people say all that, | 你不在乎人们说的那些话 |
[13:48] | or think that you’re a… | 或者觉得你是… |
[13:51] | a disgusting little pig? | 一头恶心的小猪吗 |
[13:52] | Or that your rolls have rolls? | 或者你袖子里都藏着面包 |
[13:54] | Or that you’re a normal person’s worst-case scenario? | 或者谁都不想成为你这样的普通人 |
[13:58] | Can you name one person who has ever said that to you? | 说出一个和你这么说过的人的名字 |
[14:02] | Why can’t you let me help you? | 你为什么就不能让我帮你 |
[14:05] | You know– | 你知道吗 |
[14:06] | All those times you needed a friend, who was there? | 你曾经那么需要朋友的时候 睡在你身边 |
[14:09] | All those times you wanted to feel included | 那么多次你被派对拒之门外 |
[14:12] | when you weren’t invited to parties | 觉得自己格格不入 |
[14:14] | and-and I brought you along anyways! | 但我还是会带你去 |
[14:16] | And you would have gone to prom alone | 要不是我让杰森·史密斯去找你 |
[14:18] | if I hadn’t told Jason Smith to ask you! | 你都得一个人去毕业晚会 |
[14:21] | And trust me, I do it out of love. | 相信我 我是出自爱 |
[14:25] | Because I love watching you shine against the odds. | 因为我爱你在逆境中闪耀的样子 |
[14:28] | What odds? | 什么逆境 |
[14:30] | The fact that you were able to be so successful | 不管发生什么 你都能成功 |
[14:33] | and happy in spite of everything, it just– | 你都能很开心 这… |
[14:37] | it blows my mind! I-I-I ha– | 真的让我很震惊 我… |
[14:39] | I have no idea how you live inside your body! | 我都不知道你这种身材的人是怎么做到的 |
[14:43] | I wish that I could bottle up your confidence. | 真希望我可以把你的自信打包装起来 |
[14:46] | Because if– | 因为如果我… |
[14:48] | I would rip my skin clean off my body if I were you. | 如果我是你 我恨不得把我自己的皮扒了 |
[14:52] | Well, thank God you’re not me then! | 那谢天谢地你不是我 |
[14:55] | I thought we were in this together. | 我以为你是和我携手前进的 |
[14:58] | And I thought I could trust you with anything. | 我以为我可以把一切都托付给你 |
[15:02] | But now I feel like I don’t even recognize you! | 但现在 我觉得我都不认识你了 |
[15:09] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[15:14] | You disgust me! | 你让我恶心 |
[15:20] | I… disgust you? | 我 让你恶心 |
[15:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:26] | Here, you have this friend | 你有我这么一位 |
[15:29] | who is trying to drag you, | 想拖着你 |
[15:32] | kicking and screaming into a better, stronger life | 尖叫着踢你追求更好更强人生的朋友 |
[15:36] | and you decide you don’t want it? | 但你决定你不要我了 |
[15:41] | And you feel the need to walk around flaunting it? | 你还要天天秀出来吗 |
[15:43] | When-when just the other day, | 那一天 |
[15:45] | you posted that-that Instagram picture in a fucking bikini! | 你还在图享上发了一张穿比基尼的照片 |
[15:49] | And you captioned it, “Living my best life”? | 标题还是《我最好的生活》 |
[15:52] | Whose best life? That is no one’s best life! | 谁最好的生活 谁摊上那种生活都不好 |
[15:55] | That is the before picture on a reality show, | 那简直就是真人秀的改造前照片 |
[15:58] | where the main character dies in surgery! | 改造的主人公还得在手术中死了 |
[16:01] | It makes me want to scream. | 简直让我想要尖叫 |
[16:03] | Fine, I give up! I give up! You know– | 好吧 我放弃了 我放弃了 |
[16:06] | Just stay repulsive! | 继续令人作呕 |
[16:09] | Stay unlovable! | 继续没人爱吧 |
[16:11] | Stay alone. | 继续孤独一人吧 |
[16:14] | You disgust me. | 你让我恶心 |
[16:17] | I can’t even look at you. | 我连看都不想看你 |
[16:21] | You’re embarrassing. | 你真丢人 |
[16:23] | You’re vile! | 你真邪恶 |
[16:25] | You make me want to die! | 你让我想去死 |
[16:30] | I hate it. | 我恨 |
[16:31] | I hate it! It’s horrible! | 我恨 真是太可怕了 |
[16:34] | I’m disgusting! | 我真恶心 |
[16:36] | I can’t look! I can’t fucking take it! | 我看不了 我受不了 |
[16:39] | I can’t fucking take it! | 我受不了了 |
[16:55] | You never believed in me. | 你从来就没相信过我 |
[16:57] | Did you? | 对吗 |
[17:00] | You never thought of me as a best friend | 你从来没把我当做最好的朋友 |
[17:02] | or… or even a friend at all. | 或者说 根本没当朋友 |
[17:07] | Just, just a way to build your broken self up! | 只是用来重建你破碎的自我 |
[17:13] | You used me. | 你利用我 |
[17:16] | And I bet, I bet you think it’s wrong | 我敢打赌 你肯定觉得我这样的人 |
[17:20] | that someone like me can be happy | 不该得到快乐 |
[17:22] | and someone like you can’t! | 因为你这样的人都不快乐 |
[19:49] | I’m gonna take a hike. | 我要去登山了 |