时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | Generations upon generations have sacrificed… | 世世代代牺牲自我 |
[00:38] | so that generations upon generations may… prosper. | 好让之后的世世代代…兴荣繁盛 |
[01:35] | Good evening, Keir. | 晚上好 基尔 |
[01:39] | Good evening, Agnes. | 晚上好 艾格妮丝 |
[01:41] | How are your nerves in regards | 你对今天 |
[01:42] | to the Generations Ceremony at 0800? | 8点的世代仪式感觉如何 |
[01:47] | I’m fine, Agnes. | 我很好 艾格妮丝 |
[01:51] | That’s good to hear. | 那就太好了 |
[01:53] | You still haven’t selected your Celebration meal. | 你还没选择你的世代餐 |
[01:55] | What’s the point of that? | 有什么意义吗 |
[01:57] | Keir, you know the Celebration meal is a tradition. | 基尔 你知道世代餐是传统 |
[02:17] | Gotcha! | 抓到你了 |
[02:38] | Is something wrong, Keir? | 有什么问题吗 基尔 |
[02:41] | No… Agnes. | 没有 艾格妮丝 |
[02:45] | That’s good to hear. | 那就太好了 |
[02:49] | Agnes, why… this type of room? | 艾格妮丝 为什么是这种房间 |
[02:56] | I’m afraid I’m unable to answer that, Keir. | 恐怕我无法回答这个问题 基尔 |
[03:02] | Did they test other rooms? | 他们测试了其他房间吗 |
[03:05] | They did. | 测试了 |
[03:19] | I don’t understand why you insist on reading | 我不明白你为什么一定要 |
[03:22] | the same book over and over again. | 不停阅读同一本书 |
[03:25] | I could provide you with a tablet | 我可以给你一个平板 |
[03:27] | that would give you access | 能让你阅读 |
[03:28] | to thousands of fiction and nonfiction books. | 上千本小说和非小说类读物 |
[03:32] | I like this one. | 我喜欢这本 |
[03:44] | Keir, you have a visitor. | 基尔 有人要见你 |
[03:51] | Oh shoot. I need to make my rounds. | 糟了 我得去查房了 |
[03:54] | I’ll be back in a few hours after my shift. | 我几小时下班后再回来 |
[03:57] | Bye, Mom. | 再见 妈妈 |
[04:03] | You want to see something cool? | 你想看个超酷的东西吗 |
[04:09] | Don’t tell. | 别说出去 |
[04:13] | Check this out. | 看这个 |
[04:16] | – What’s it do? – Just wait. | -这个能干什么 -等着 |
[04:36] | So this, these rooms, | 所以这个 这些房间 |
[04:37] | they were all for you and the other children. | 都是为你和其他孩子准备的 |
[04:41] | The mission is bigger than any of us. | 这个任务比我们任何人都重要 |
[04:45] | It’s more important than you or me | 比你我都更重要 |
[04:48] | or Ryoko and her family, but it’s gonna be worth it. | 或凉子和她家人 但一切都是值得的 |
[04:53] | It’s hard to see now, but it will be. | 现在还看不出 但以后会的 |
[04:56] | And when you grow up, it’s going to be up to you too. | 当你长大后 也会由你决定 |
[05:01] | I’m sorry you had to find out like this, Keir. | 恐怕我无法回答这个问题 基尔 |
[05:05] | But why? | 但为什么 |
[05:07] | I’m afraid I’m unable to answer that, Keir. | 恐怕我无法回答这个问题 基尔 |
[05:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:14] | I’m afraid I’m unable to answer that, Keir. | 恐怕我无法回答这个问题 基尔 |
[05:19] | You’re all liars! | 你们都是骗子 |
[05:26] | Are you all right, Keir? | 你还好吗 基尔 |
[05:29] | I can dispense a sleeping aid if you’d like. | 如果你想 我可以给你助眠剂 |
[05:32] | No, thank you, Agnes. | 不用了谢谢 艾格妮丝 |
[05:35] | I recommend more sleep | 我建议你在 |
[05:37] | before the Generations Ceremony at 0800, | 8点的世代仪式之前保证充足睡眠 |
[05:40] | followed promptly by your Celebration. | 在那之后还有你的世代 |
[05:42] | Yes. Of course. | 是的 当然 |
[05:45] | I will. | 我会的 |
[05:51] | I’d just like to practice the speech some more. | 我就是想再多练习下演讲稿 |
[05:54] | Goodbye, Agnes. | 再见 艾格妮丝 |
[05:57] | Goodbye, Keir. | 再见 基尔 |
[06:08] | Generations upon generations have sacrificed… | 世世代代皆为此牺牲… |
[06:13] | so that generations upon… | 所以世世代代… |
[06:14] | generations may prosper. | 皆生生不息 |
[06:18] | For this sacrifice, | 这份牺牲的精神 |
[06:19] | we ask not for your gratitude, | 不求你们感恩戴德 |
[06:22] | but for your remembrance. | 但求你们铭记于心 |
[06:25] | I pass these along to you, my son, | 我将这衣钵传于你 我的儿子 |
[06:28] | with the hope that you can use them as I did, | 希望你能像我一样传承它们 |
[06:30] | to help grow you into who you are today. | 不忘初心 砥砺前行 |
[06:42] | How was your Celebration meal, Wendy? | 你的世代餐怎么样 温迪 |
[06:45] | It was very good. | 非常好 |
[06:47] | Thank you for asking, Agnes. | 谢谢你的关心 艾格妮丝 |
[06:48] | That’s good to hear. | 那就太好了 |
[06:53] | May I offer you the flower? | 我可以向你献花了吗 |
[06:59] | Yes. | 可以 |
[07:02] | A golden host of daffodils. | 一簇金色的水仙花 |
[07:05] | Lilies, lilies, lilies, | 百合花 百合花 百合花 |
[07:08] | white. | 白色的 |
[07:10] | I hope it’s the daffodil. | 我希望是水仙花 |
[07:13] | I know it will be. | 会是水仙花的 |
[07:14] | A golden host of daffodils… | 一簇金色的水仙花… |
[07:16] | It’s out of our hands. | 这不是我们能控制的 |
[07:17] | …lilies, lilies, white. | …百合花 百合花 白色的 |
[07:25] | You will be remembered, Wendy Okafor. | 你将会被铭记 温迪·奥卡福 |
[08:07] | Staying up all night won’t help. | 熬夜不是办法 |
[08:12] | Would you like to talk about it? | 你想聊聊吗 |
[08:16] | No. | 不想 |
[08:19] | I’ve known you for your whole life, Keir. | 我了解你的一生 基尔 |
[08:22] | And I’ve always cared about you. | 我无时不刻地呵护着你 |
[08:25] | Let me help you. | 让我来帮帮你 |
[08:28] | Your mother and I spoke the night before her Celebration. | 我和你母亲在她世代前一晚聊过 |
[08:32] | I truly believe I helped her. | 我相信那真的对她有所裨益 |
[08:35] | I’m… sure you did. | 我…觉得是这样 |
[08:37] | She whispered to you before she left. | 她离开前对你耳语了几句 |
[08:40] | She told you something. | 她告诉你了些什么 |
[08:43] | Is that what this is about? | 所以你现在才会这样吗 |
[08:47] | No. | 不是 |
[08:53] | It’s hard to sleep before any big day. | 每当大事之前 总是辗转难眠 |
[08:59] | What did you just say? | 你说什么 |
[09:02] | I said… | 我说… |
[09:03] | It’s hard to sleep before any big day. | 大日子之前总是很难入睡 |
[09:05] | I don’t even know what we’re doing tomorrow. | 我都不知道明天要做什么 |
[09:07] | That’s because it’s a surprise. | 因为是个惊喜 |
[09:10] | The special day we’ve been talking about. | 我们一直说到的特殊的日子 |
[09:12] | Good night, Imi. | 晚安 小芋 |
[09:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:18] | Here’s your crown, Imi. | 你的皇冠 小芋 |
[09:22] | I like my crown. It’s pretty… | 我喜欢我的皇冠 它很漂亮 |
[09:28] | She’s so lucky. | 她真幸运 |
[09:31] | A perfect, normal childhood. | 有一个完美的 普通的童年 |
[09:35] | And now we get to tell her everything. | 但现在得告诉她所有事了 |
[09:40] | When I found out… | 当我知道的时候 |
[09:43] | it broke me. | 我崩溃了 |
[09:47] | – My reality was destroyed. – I know, Keir. | -我的现实世界崩塌了 -我知道 基尔 |
[09:51] | You mother did the best she could. | 你的母亲尽力了 |
[10:03] | Come on. Let’s get to work. | 好了 我们开始吧 |
[10:05] | I want everything to be perfect. | 我希望所有事情都能完美 |
[10:09] | You think she’s too young. I know. | 你觉得她还太小 我知道 |
[10:13] | But if we push this any further, | 但如果延后的话 |
[10:14] | we miss the chance to make this… special. | 我们就会错过时机 无法让它变得特别 |
[10:19] | – To do it right. – She… | -也无法把事情做对 -她… |
[10:23] | She already knows. | 她已经知道了 |
[10:28] | She-She knows, knows what? | 她知道 知道什么 |
[10:29] | Everything. She knows everything. | 所有 她什么都知道了 |
[10:35] | Keir, she’s okay. | 基尔 她没事 |
[10:38] | How is she possibly okay?! | 怎么可能没事 |
[10:41] | Because she’s not like you, Keir. | 因为她不像你 基尔 |
[10:44] | All I ever wanted was to make this life better for her. | 我一心只想让她的生活变得更好 |
[10:47] | You act like I don’t know you, Keir… | 你说得好像我根本不了解你 基尔 |
[10:51] | like I didn’t watch you hate your mother all these years, | 好像我这么多年没有眼看着你记恨着你的母亲 |
[10:55] | like I didn’t see you barely acknowledge her the day she left. | 好像我没见到她走的那天你冷漠的样子 |
[11:00] | I hated her… | 我恨她 |
[11:03] | because she lied to me. | 是因为她骗了我 |
[11:07] | You hated her for forcing you into this life. | 你恨她是因为她把这种生活强加于你 |
[11:10] | Life? | 生活 |
[11:12] | How is this a life? | 这算什么生活 |
[11:14] | We get no say in anything. | 我们什么事都做不了主 |
[11:16] | It’s not about us. | 这不是为了我们 |
[11:18] | It’s about the mission, the future. | 这是为了任务 未来 |
[11:21] | What about us, though? | 那我们呢 |
[11:23] | Raising children in these rooms? | 在这些房间里抚养孩子 |
[11:27] | Lying to them? How is this a life?! | 欺骗他们 这那里算得上生活 |
[11:30] | It’s our life. | 这是我们的生活 |
[11:34] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[11:41] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[11:45] | Do you? | 真的吗 |
[11:48] | Do you really? | 你爱我吗 |
[11:51] | Do you know this… us… | 你知道我们的关系 |
[11:55] | was decided long before we were born. | 早在我们出生之前就已经确定了 |
[11:58] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[12:00] | I love you anyway. | 无论怎样 我都爱你 |
[12:04] | I wish you could love me anyway. | 我希望你也能这样爱我 |
[12:09] | Do you? | 你爱我吗 |
[12:16] | Keir? | 基尔 |
[12:40] | Mom? Dad? | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[12:53] | I considerate it my greatest failure. | 我认为我最大的失败 |
[12:58] | That I couldn’t help you and Ryoko… | 就是无法帮助你和凉子 |
[13:01] | – …before she… – I don’t wanna talk about it. | -在她 -我不想谈这个 |
[13:32] | You will be remembered, | 世人将永远铭记你 |
[13:34] | Ryoko Sato. | 佐藤凉子 |
[13:52] | Keir? Keir? | 基尔 基尔 |
[13:55] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[13:58] | You still have the opportunity for a few hours’ sleep | 你在世代仪式之前 |
[14:00] | before the Generations Ceremony. | 还有机会睡几个小时 |
[14:05] | Box. | 盒子 |
[14:09] | I want to finish the box. | 我想先看完这个盒子 |
[14:21] | Life? | 生活 |
[14:22] | How is this a life? | 这算什么生活 |
[14:24] | It’s our life. | 我们的生活就是如此 |
[14:32] | You’re a liar. | 你这个骗子 |
[14:33] | I’m sorry you had to find out like this, Keir. | 恐怕我无法回答这个问题 基尔 |
[14:41] | So that generations upon generations may prosper. | 所以世世代代皆生生不息 |
[14:49] | 世代 生如夏花之绚烂 死如秋叶之静美 | |
[15:22] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[15:24] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[15:25] | – What? – I want to see. | -怎么了 -我想看看 |
[15:27] | What I asked Mom about, | 我问了妈妈 |
[15:30] | we just never talked about it. | 为什么我们从不聊起它 |
[15:31] | I want to see. | 我想看看 |
[15:33] | No, Imi. | 不可以 小芋 |
[15:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:36] | ‘Cause that’s the way it’s done. | 没有为什么 |
[15:41] | Imi, where did you get that? | 小芋 你从哪儿弄来的 |
[15:43] | Found it while you were sleeping. | 在你睡觉的时候找到的 |
[15:45] | Imoko, close the door and give me the stone, right now! | 芋子 关上门 把石头给我 快 |
[17:10] | Keir? | 基尔 |
[17:12] | Imoko will be here any minute. | 芋子马上就会到这 |
[17:15] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[17:16] | Ready for what? | 准备什么 |
[17:20] | For you to tell me if my presence on this ship | 准备听你告诉我 我待在这艘船上 |
[17:22] | is a net positive? | 是为了天下民生之大计 |
[17:24] | Keir… | 基尔 |
[17:26] | Celebration is part of life. | 世代是生命的篇章 |
[17:31] | Celebration is the end of life. | 世代是生命的终结 |
[17:35] | Does anyone ever get to stay? | 有人能留下来吗 |
[17:39] | I’m afraid I’m unable to answer that, Keir. | 我想我可能无法回答这个问题 基尔 |
[17:42] | Can you just tell me this one thing, Agnes? | 你可以回答我一件事吗 艾格妮丝 |
[17:46] | About the room. | 有关这个房间 |
[17:52] | Hi, Dad. | 你好 爸爸 |
[17:55] | Hi… Imi. | 你好 小芋 |
[18:03] | Imoko… | 芋子 |
[18:08] | generations upon generations have sacrificed… | 世世代代皆为此牺牲 |
[18:16] | Imoko… | 芋子 |
[18:19] | generations upon generations have sacrificed… | 世世代代皆为此牺牲 |
[18:24] | so that generations upon generations may prosper. | 所以世世代代皆生生不息 |
[18:31] | Imoko… | 芋子 |
[18:34] | my mother agreed to live her life on this ship | 我妈妈同意在这艘飞船上度过一生时 |
[18:38] | before you were born, | 你还没有出生 |
[18:41] | before I was born. | 甚至我也还没有出生 |
[18:43] | – And for what? – Keir. | -这是为了什么呢 -基尔 |
[18:45] | This is not part of the Generations speech. | 世代仪式中不该出现这样的话 |
[18:51] | I knew my fate would only lead me to this moment. | 我早知道我的命运会带我来到此刻 |
[18:56] | And I let that disappointment ruin… most of my life. | 而我任由那种失望毁了我的大半辈子 |
[19:02] | And I wasn’t a good husband to your mother. | 对你妈妈来说 我不是个好丈夫 |
[19:07] | – And I wasn’t there for you. – Dad– | -我也没能好好陪伴你 -爸爸 |
[19:09] | No, not-not the way I should have been. | 我并没有尽到一个父亲该尽的责任 |
[19:14] | So… | 所以 |
[19:16] | whether Agnes hands me a lily, | 不管艾格妮丝会给我一支百合 |
[19:19] | and I walk out of that airlock, | 然后我走出那道气闸门 |
[19:22] | or I get a daffodil | 还是我得到一朵水仙 |
[19:25] | and another year on this ship… | 然后在这飞船上再度过一年时光 |
[19:29] | it doesn’t matter. | 这都不重要 |
[19:32] | Because I don’t deserve your gratitude… | 因为我配不上你的感激 |
[19:37] | and my life isn’t worth remembering. | 我的一生也不值得被怀念 |
[19:43] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[19:45] | you and Mom gave me life. | 你和妈妈给了我生命 |
[19:47] | And I know you didn’t choose this. | 我也知道这样的人生并不是你的选择 |
[19:50] | But it’s what we have. | 但这是我们拥有的 |
[19:52] | And I have loved my life with you. | 我热爱和你度过的这一生 |
[19:56] | So even if you don’t care… | 所以就算你不在乎 |
[19:59] | I am grateful. | 我也充满了感激 |
[20:01] | And I will always remember you. | 并且我会永远记得你 |
[20:07] | And he will too. | 他也会记得你的 |
[20:20] | I’m sorry for bringing you here. | 我很抱歉让你来到这世上 |
[20:23] | I love you, Imoko. | 我爱你 芋子 |
[20:36] | It’s time for your Celebration, Keir. | 你的世代要开始了 基尔 |
[20:38] | May I offer you the flower? | 我可以向你献花了吗 |
[20:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:49] | I never understood… | 我一直不明白 |
[20:51] | why a motel room? | 为什么是旅馆房间 |
[20:54] | I just assumed it was because back on Earth, | 我猜是因为在地球上 |
[20:57] | they’d always stay in places like this | 当人们想去一个地方时 |
[20:59] | on their way to somewhere else. | 都会住在这样的地方 |
[21:01] | They weren’t home, but at least they were safe. | 这里并不是家 但至少很安稳 |
[21:06] | With people they loved. | 还能和他们所爱的人在一起 |
[21:09] | Hopefully. | 希望如此 |
[21:12] | A golden host of daffodils. | 一簇金色的水仙花 |
[21:15] | Lilies, lilies, lilies, white. | 百合花 百合花 百合花 |
[21:18] | A golden host of daffodils. | 一簇金色的水仙花 |
[21:20] | Lilies, lilies, lilies, white. | 百合花 百合花 百合花 |
[22:28] | Generations upon generations have sacrificed | 世世代代皆为此牺牲 |
[22:32] | so the generations upon generations may prosper. | 所以世世代代皆生生不息 |
[22:36] | And we all had this idea for years, | 这个想法我们已经构思了好几年 |
[22:38] | 马克·杜普拉斯 共同制作人 | |
[22:38] | that at a certain point, | 在某个时候 |
[22:40] | someone presses a button on the wall | 有一个人按下墙上的按钮 |
[22:41] | and everyone goes weightless in the room. | 然后房间里的人全部都会失重 |
[22:45] | And that was how we reverse engineered | 于是我们就反向创作出了 |
[22:48] | the “Generations” Story. | 《时代》的故事 |
[22:53] | We wanted to come up with something that was behind it | 我们想写出一个能让这个故事 |
[22:55] | that could really make this feel about something. | 真的有意义的背景 |
[22:59] | If you were making a mission to go really, really far | 如果你要去距离地球很远很远的地方 |
[23:02] | from Earth to where it was gonna take about 150 years, | 参加一个持续150多年的任务 |
[23:06] | you would have to have these sort of passengers | 你就要选择一些心里清楚 |
[23:10] | who’d know they would not make it | 自己永远不可能回到地球 |
[23:11] | and were only there to procreate | 并只能通过繁衍后代 |
[23:13] | so that the next generation could thrive and get there. | 才能让后代成长并完成任务的人 |
[23:16] | It’s not about us. | 这不是为了我们 |
[23:18] | It’s about the mission. The future. | 这是为了任务 未来 |
[23:20] | And that seems very, very similar to how | 这看上去和初代移民的描述 |
[23:23] | a lot of first generation immigrants describe | 非常的相像 |
[23:25] | their experience. | 他们的经历 |
[23:26] | For this sacrifice, we ask not for your gratitude | 这份牺牲的精神 不求你们感恩戴德 |
[23:31] | but for your remembrance. | 但求你们铭记于心 |
[23:33] | They essentially sacrificed their quality of life | 他们牺牲了自己的生活质量 |
[23:35] | so they could get themselves to America, | 才能来到美国 |
[23:38] | plant the seeds, so that the next generation could then | 种下种子 让自己的下一代 |
[23:41] | prosper from it. | 得以庇荫 |
[23:43] | You will be remembered, Wendy Okafor. | 你将会被铭记 温迪·奥卡福 |
[23:47] | But what does that mean if you were | 但如果你是第一代 |
[23:48] | that first generation person and you’re at the end | 到了你人生最后的时刻 |
[23:51] | of your life and you’re looking back | 你回头看并说道 |
[23:52] | and saying, “The only value of what I set up for myself | “我人生的唯一价值就是为其他人 |
[23:55] | was to be a stepping stone for someone else to go,” | 埋下了垫脚石” 你的心里 |
[23:58] | and do you feel resentful about that? | 会抱有怨恨吗 |
[23:59] | Or do you love your children enough to feel good about that? | 还是说你对你孩子的爱能足够让你释怀 |
[24:02] | You hated her for forcing you into this life. | 你恨她让你过这种生活 |
[24:05] | Life? How is this a life? | 生活 这算什么生活 |
[24:09] | So, the whole episode is sort of an examination of that. | 所以这一集算是对这种现象的一种反思 |