时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:44] | Before we start, uh, tonight’s scene work, | 在开始今晚的片段表演之前 |
[00:48] | I just want to take a moment to talk about our craft. | 我想花点时间谈谈我们的技能 |
[00:52] | Acting. | 谈谈表演 |
[00:56] | So what is acting? | 那么什么是表演呢 |
[00:57] | I mean, when an actor acts, what is he or she… | 当一个演员表演时 他或她 |
[01:03] | or they… | 或是他们 |
[01:06] | actually doing? | 实际是在做什么 |
[01:09] | Well, on one level, the answer is simple. | 某种程度上 答案很简单 |
[01:12] | They’re making believe. | 他们在编造故事 |
[01:13] | They are pretending. | 他们在佯装 |
[01:16] | But on a… on a much deeper level, we need to ask ourselves… | 但在更深的层面上 我们得扪心自问 |
[01:22] | what is really happening. | 到底发生了什么 |
[01:24] | Well, you need to ask me. | 好吧 你们得问我 |
[01:25] | I think I’m the only one here who doesn’t have a roommate. | 我想我是这里唯一一个没有室友的人 |
[01:29] | What’s really happening… and I want you to listen carefully… | 到底发生了什么 听仔细了 |
[01:34] | What’s really happening is that the actor is playing… | 实际情况就是 演员在扮演 |
[01:39] | God. | 上帝 |
[01:41] | Because, after all, what does God do? | 说到底 上帝是做什么的 |
[01:45] | God creates. | 上帝创造万物 |
[01:46] | God says “Here is a world,” And bam! | 上帝说”这里有一个世界” 嘭 |
[01:50] | That world exists. | 这个世界便出现了 |
[01:51] | God says, “Here’s life,” And bam again! | 上帝说”这里有生命” 然后又嘭的一声 |
[01:55] | Life happens. | 生命出现了 |
[01:57] | God says, “Here’s death,” And boom! | 上帝说”这里有死亡” 嘣 |
[02:02] | Darkness. | 黑暗 |
[02:04] | The darkness returns. | 黑暗再次降临 |
[02:14] | So what does this mean to us? | 那这对我们意味着什么呢 |
[02:18] | How do we take this information | 我们要如何获取这些信息 |
[02:20] | and bring it into our work? | 并把它带到我们的表演中去 |
[02:24] | The answer, my dear colleagues, is that, like God, | 我亲爱的同事们 答案就是要像上帝一样 |
[02:29] | we must love our creations. | 我们必须热爱我们的创造 |
[02:31] | We must imbue them with life, | 我们必须给它们灌输生命 |
[02:33] | with character, with hope | 带着特色 带着希望 |
[02:35] | and dreams and fatal flaws, and then… | 以及梦想和致命的缺陷 然后… |
[02:42] | Then… | 然后 |
[02:45] | we must let them go. | 我们必须放手 |
[02:49] | Because in the end… | 因为最终 |
[02:52] | true love… | 真爱 |
[02:54] | God’s love… | 上帝的爱 |
[02:57] | is letting go. | 便是放手 |
[03:00] | Yeah, uh, Sandy? | 那个 桑迪 |
[03:02] | Uh, I have an audition tomorrow for a shampoo commercial. | 我明天要参加一个洗发水广告的试镜 |
[03:06] | How do I love that? | 我要怎么爱上那个呢 |
[03:08] | Wash your hair before you go. | 在你去之前洗洗头 |
[03:11] | Okay, love of character, not the pursuit of fame or money, | 听着 热爱角色 而不是追求名利 |
[03:15] | is what separates the great actor, the true artist– | 正是这些让伟大的演员 真正的艺术家… |
[03:19] | Yeah, uh, Sandy, one more question. Uh, it’s for Pantene. | 桑迪 还有一个问题 是潘婷的广告 |
[03:22] | Doesn’t matter what the shampoo is, okay? | 什么洗发水不重要 好吗 |
[03:25] | – Just wash your hair. – Thank you. | -洗头就是了 -谢谢 |
[03:28] | That’s why he’s Sandy Kominsky and we are not. | 这就是为什么他是桑迪·柯明斯基 而我们不是 |
[03:34] | Fuck it. Let’s get started. | 不管了 开始吧 |
[04:04] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[04:21] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 迟到了 |
[04:23] | I assume you had a hard time picking out the scarf. | 我猜你是半天没想好戴哪条围巾吧 |
[04:26] | Oh, really? Really? Right out of the gate, | 真的假的 我刚出门 |
[04:28] | you wanna bust my balls. | 你就挑我刺[踢我蛋] |
[04:29] | They are a low-hanging fruit. | 踢你的蛋易如反掌 |
[04:32] | Hello, Alex. | 嗨 亚历克斯 |
[04:34] | Um, I’m gonna have a Jack Daniel’s on the rocks | 我要一杯杰克丹尼威士忌加冰 |
[04:36] | and a diet Dr Pepper with a straw. | 和一听无糖胡椒博士 要吸管 |
[04:40] | I absolutely loathe the way you drink. | 我真是瞧不起你喝酒的方式 |
[04:42] | The Jack keeps me from killing myself, | 威士忌让我免得自杀 |
[04:45] | and the Pepper keeps me regular. | 碳酸饮料让我不会醉倒 |
[04:48] | So, how we doin’ on the sitcom? | 情景喜剧的事怎么样了 |
[04:49] | Forget it. You do not wanna be in the sitcom. | 忘了这事吧 你不会想出演情景喜剧的 |
[04:52] | What are you talkin’ about? | 你说什么 |
[04:53] | Those little pischers on the Big Bang thing, | 大爆炸什么的那个剧里那些小屌丝 |
[04:55] | they’re making a million bucks a week. | 他们一星期能挣一百万 |
[04:57] | Sandy, it’s pablum. It’s crap. | 桑迪 那种东西没营养 就是垃圾 |
[04:58] | You’re one of the all-time great acting coaches. | 你可是史上最伟大的表演指导之一 |
[05:01] | What’s it gonna look like, you doin’ a network sitcom? | 你去广播网演情景喜剧像什么样子 |
[05:04] | So I didn’t get the part? | 所以我没拿下那个角色 |
[05:06] | No. | 没有 |
[05:07] | CBS wanted to go more ethnic. | CBS想要更加种族多元化 |
[05:09] | Bu–Look at this profile. Who’s more ethnic than I am? | 看看我这个形象 谁还能比我更种族多元化 |
[05:13] | Black people. | 黑人 |
[05:14] | Wait a minute. They’re casting a black guy | 等等 他们选了黑人 |
[05:16] | to play Josh Gad’s grandfather? | 扮演乔什·盖德的祖父吗 |
[05:18] | They dumped Josh. They got some rapper, Ludacris. | 他们把乔什换成了一个说唱歌手 叫卢达克里斯 |
[05:21] | Ludicrous, my ass. It’s bullshit. | 卢迪克斯[荒唐]个屁 真是鬼扯 |
[05:24] | No, that’s his name. Ludacris. | 不 那是他名字 卢达克里斯 |
[05:26] | – What’s his name? – Ludacris. | -他叫什么名字 -卢达克里斯 |
[05:27] | – I said ludicrous. – No, the rapper. | -我说的荒唐 -不 那是说唱歌手的名字 |
[05:30] | What about the rapper? | 那个说唱歌手怎么了 |
[05:31] | Jesus Christ! You didn’t get the sitcom. | 我勒个去 你没有拿下那个角色 |
[05:33] | – Shit. – Yeah. | -该死 -就是这样 |
[05:37] | Look at this. For you, he runs. | 看啊 为了你 他都是跑过来的 |
[05:42] | Thank you, Alex. | 谢谢你 亚历克斯 |
[05:45] | They said they’d keep you in mind | 他们说会给你找一个 |
[05:46] | for a recurring role or maybe a guest spot. | 循环角色 或者是客串一下 |
[05:48] | Please don’t sugarcoat it. I’m a grown man. | 别掩饰了 我是个成年人 |
[05:50] | I’m not sugarcoating. I’m… | 我没在掩饰 我是在 |
[05:53] | I’m lying. | 撒谎 |
[05:59] | How’s Mindy? | 明迪怎么样了 |
[06:01] | She’s great. You know, she’s… | 她很好 你知道的 |
[06:03] | She’s a terrific kid. I don’t know how I’d run that school without her. | 她是个了不起的孩子 真不知道没了她我要怎么管理那个学校 |
[06:06] | Well, yeah. Her mother did a wonderful job raising her. | 是啊 她妈妈在抚养她方面做得很好 |
[06:08] | Don’t forget, I raised her, too, Norman. | 别忘了 我也有抚养她 诺曼 |
[06:10] | Does she know that? | 她知道这点吗 |
[06:16] | How’s Eileen? | 艾琳怎么样 |
[06:19] | Sh– | 她 |
[06:20] | She’s, uh… | 她… |
[06:23] | not that great. | 不是很好 |
[06:25] | So this last round of treatment… | 所以最后一轮治疗 |
[06:27] | Didn’t really… didn’t really have an effect. | 并没有什么效果 |
[06:32] | I’m so sorry, Norman. | 我很遗憾 诺曼 |
[06:36] | Sandy, she’d, uh… | 桑迪 她… |
[06:38] | really love to see you. | 非常想见你 |
[06:40] | Well, I’d love to see her if I could, | 可以的话 我也很想见她 |
[06:42] | if that’s all right, you know? | 如果你不介意 |
[06:44] | Of course you can. Any time. You know that. | 你当然可以 随时都可以 你知道的 |
[06:46] | – Great. I’ll do it. – When? | -很好 我会去的 -什么时候 |
[06:49] | I don’t know. I’ll… I’ll figure it out. | 我不知道 等我找个时间 |
[06:50] | There’s nothin’ to figure out. | 没什么好找的 |
[06:52] | There’s things. There’s things. I mean, I’ll let you know. | 就有些事嘛 我会告诉你的 |
[06:57] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[06:59] | It is fine. | 确实”好” |
[07:00] | Which is what I said. | 我就是这么说的 |
[07:01] | No, no. You said it with an attitude. You said, “Fine.” | 不不 你说的时候带了小情绪 你说的”好吧” |
[07:05] | Forgive me. Fine. | 原谅我 好吧 |
[07:08] | Jesus, let’s just order. | 天呐 点餐吧 |
[07:10] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:15] | So how’s your love life? Are you still seeing, uh… | 你爱情生活怎么样 你还在和那个 |
[07:18] | What’s her name? Triscuit? | 叫脆吃饼的约会吗 |
[07:19] | Tristin. And no. | 是崔斯汀 没有了 |
[07:21] | Oh, that’s too bad. She was kind of cute. | 那太糟了 她还挺可爱的 |
[07:23] | Well, we didn’t have much to talk about. | 我们没什么共同语言 |
[07:25] | You know, she was half my age. | 她年龄只有我的一半 |
[07:26] | Listen, half your age is still an old woman. | 你年龄的一半还是算老女人 |
[07:29] | Fuck you, Norman. | 滚 诺曼 |
[07:31] | Do the math. | 自己算算 |
[07:33] | A couple of quick announcements before we get started tonight. | 今晚开始前 先做几个简短的声明 |
[07:36] | For the 100th time, I am an actor. I’m not a plumber. | 说了无数次了 我是演员 不是管道工人 |
[07:40] | So please, | 拜托了 |
[07:41] | please do not put any feminine hygiene products down in the toilet. | 请不要往厕所里扔任何女性卫生用品 |
[07:46] | Come on, fellas. Just help me out here. | 伙计们 求你们行行好 |
[07:49] | Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. | 真蠢 真蠢 真蠢 |
[07:51] | Mystery solved. | 谜团揭开了 |
[07:53] | Uh, second thing… | 第二件事 |
[07:54] | I am canceling my Tuesday night sitcom workshop. | 我要取消周二晚上的情景喜剧研讨会 |
[07:57] | – Come on. – You guys did not take my class | -不是吧 -你们来上我的课 |
[07:59] | to become a bunch of pandering, overpaid clowns | 不是为了成为一群奉承观众报酬虚高的小丑 |
[08:02] | suckin’ up for canned laughter and a People’s fuckin’ Choice Award. | 迎合预录的笑声 跪舔人民”没价值”选择奖 |
[08:07] | – I’d like a People’s Choice Award. – Yeah. | -我倒想要一座人民选择奖 -是啊 |
[08:10] | All right. Let’s get our scenes up, | 好了 来看看你们的片段表演吧 |
[08:12] | see if we can prove your parents wrong. | 看能不能证明你们父母的想法是错的 |
[08:16] | Why don’t we start with one of our new students tonight? | 今晚不如就从我们的新成员开始吧 |
[08:20] | Wha… what is your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[08:24] | – Uh, Theresa. – Theresa, come on down. | -特雷莎 -特雷莎 来吧 |
[08:27] | Oh, uh, okay. | 好的 |
[08:31] | What do you got? | 你表演什么 |
[08:33] | Um, I’ve been working on the eulogy speech from Steel Magnolias. | 我一直在练习《钢木兰花》里的悼词 |
[08:33] | 1989年美国电影 讲述一个纯朴小镇上 六个女人一段悲喜交集的感人故事 | |
[08:36] | Great. | 很好 |
[08:38] | Please. | 开始吧 |
[08:40] | Is standing okay? | 站着可以吗 |
[08:41] | Have you ever seen anybody sit while giving a eulogy? | 你见过有人在发表悼词时坐着吗 |
[08:45] | Um, I’ve never been to a funeral. | 我没参加过葬礼 |
[08:47] | They stand. | 他们都站着 |
[08:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:49] | – So I should stand? – You should stand. | -那我该站着 -你应该站着 |
[08:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:52] | I’m gonna use the stool as a gravestone. | 我要把凳子当作墓碑 |
[08:54] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[08:57] | Hey, welcome back. | 嘿 欢迎回来 |
[09:01] | Whenever you’re ready. | 准备好就开始吧 |
[09:06] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[09:08] | I’m fine! I’m fine! I’m fine! | 我很好 我很好 我真的很好 |
[09:12] | I can jog all the way to Texas and back… | 我可以一路慢跑到得州 又跑回来 |
[09:15] | but my daughter can’t. | 但我女儿不能了 |
[09:17] | No, she never could. | 她永远不能了 |
[09:19] | Oh, God, I am so mad, I don’t know what to do! | 天 气死我了 我不知道如何是好 |
[09:23] | I wanna know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[09:25] | I wanna know why Shelby’s life is over. | 我想知道为什么谢尔比的生命就这么结束了 |
[09:28] | I wanna know how that baby will ever know | 我想知道她的宝宝又如何能晓得 |
[09:30] | how wonderful his mother was. | 他的母亲有多了不起 |
[09:33] | Will he ever know what she went through for him? | 他会知道她为他经历了些什么吗 |
[09:36] | Oh, God. I wanna know why! | 天呐 我想知道为什么 |
[09:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:46] | – Yeah? – Yeah. Yeah. | -可以吗 -可以可以 |
[09:50] | Um, Sally Field did that in the movie, right? | 莎莉·菲尔德在电影里表演的这部分 对吧 |
[09:54] | And if memory serves me… | 如果我没记错 |
[09:56] | that was pretty much the way she did it. | 她的表演差不多和你一模一样 |
[10:01] | Guess who her acting coach was. | 猜猜她的表演指导是谁 |
[10:04] | Oh, my God. Really? | 天啊 不是吧 |
[10:08] | So… what I want you to do is to try it again, | 所以我想让你再表演一次 |
[10:13] | but this time… | 但这一次 |
[10:15] | show me how you would do it. | 向我展示你会怎么演绎 |
[10:18] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[10:19] | Um, Sally did her thing with it, and now you do yours. | 莎莉用了自己的方式去呈现 现在你得用自己的方式呈现 |
[10:25] | You just lost your daughter after she had a baby. | 在你女儿生下孩子后 你失去了她 |
[10:29] | Same words. | 同样的台词 |
[10:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:47] | Theresa… | 特雷莎 |
[10:49] | trust. | 相信自己 |
[11:00] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[11:01] | I’m fine! I’m fine! I’m fine! | 我很好 我很好 我真的很好 |
[11:05] | I can jog all the way to Texas and back… | 我可以一路慢跑到得州 又跑回来 |
[11:09] | but my daughter can’t. | 但我女儿不能了 |
[11:12] | No, she never could. | 她永远不能了 |
[11:14] | Oh, God, I am so mad, I don’t know what to do. | 天 气死我了 我不知道如何是好了 |
[11:19] | I wanna know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[11:21] | I wanna know why Shelby’s life is over. | 我想知道为什么谢尔比的生命就这么结束了 |
[11:24] | I wanna know how that baby will ever know | 我想知道她的宝宝又如何能晓得 |
[11:27] | how wonderful her mother was. | 他的母亲有多了不起 |
[11:30] | Will he ever know what she went through for him? | 他会知道她为他经历了些什么吗 |
[11:34] | Oh, God. I wanna know why. | 天呐 我想知道为什么 |
[11:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:49] | How’d that feel? | 感觉如何 |
[11:51] | Um, I don’t know. More honest, I guess. | 我也说不清 可能更真诚吧 |
[11:53] | Honest? Well, we certainly want to avoid that. | 真诚 我们绝对得避免这种情况 |
[11:56] | Any thoughts, opinions? | 有什么想法和意见吗 |
[11:59] | Come on, don’t be shy. There are no wrong answers here. | 来吧 别害羞 回答没有对错之分 |
[12:02] | I liked it better when she cried. | 我更喜欢她哭的时候 |
[12:04] | Yeah, that’s wrong. | 好吧 那是错的 |
[12:08] | – I thought the second time was better. – Because? | -我认为第二次表演更好 -因为… |
[12:13] | you gave her a note. | 你给了她提示 |
[12:15] | It was better because I gave her a note? | 因为我给了她提示就更好吗 |
[12:17] | No, not… not just the note. | 不 不只是提示 |
[12:18] | Just that you obviously wanted her– | 只是显然你希望她… |
[12:21] | Could you pick someone else? | 你能让别人回答吗 |
[12:22] | Come on, don’t tell me what I wanna hear. Tell me what you feel. | 别告诉我我想听的 告诉我你们自己的感受 |
[12:26] | What you think. | 你们的想法 |
[12:27] | Anybody. Come on. | 畅所欲言 |
[12:30] | Yes. | 说吧 |
[12:31] | I thought the second way she did the speech was more interesting. | 我认为她第二次呈现悼词的方式更有趣 |
[12:34] | Okay. Why? | 好的 为什么 |
[12:35] | Well, crying is a socially acceptable way to express grief. | 哭泣是一种公认的表达悲伤的方式 |
[12:38] | It’s what you’re expected to do. | 大家期望你如此 |
[12:40] | But people feel all sorts of things when they lose a loved one. | 但当人们失去所爱之人时 内心其实是五味杂陈的 |
[12:43] | It’s just not okay to show them. | 表现出来并不太好 |
[12:45] | So venting her anger was more interesting. | 所以发泄出她的愤怒更有趣 |
[12:47] | Yes. Yes, and the writer knew it. | 没错 编剧也知道这点 |
[12:49] | It was right there in the speech. | 就写在那段讲话里的 |
[12:51] | She says she’s mad. | 她说了快气死了 |
[12:54] | Thank you… | 谢谢 |
[12:57] | Lisa. | 丽萨 |
[12:58] | Thank you, Lisa. | 谢谢你 丽萨 |
[13:00] | You’re welcome, Sandy. | 不客气 桑迪 |
[13:04] | So I did good? | 我做得还行吗 |
[13:06] | Yeah, sure. Yeah. Yeah. | 是的 当然了 |
[13:11] | So, uh… so what other great actresses did you coach? | 那你还指导过哪些伟大的女演员啊 |
[13:14] | Nah. I don’t like to talk about it. | 没有谁啦 我不喜欢说起这个 |
[13:16] | You know, it’s like name-dropping. | 你懂的 那样显得太抬高自己了 |
[13:18] | Oh, come on! | 说嘛 |
[13:19] | Faye Dunaway… | 费·唐纳薇 |
[13:21] | Diane Keaton, Jessica Lange. | 黛安·基顿 杰西卡·兰格 |
[13:26] | That’s some lineup. | 这可都是大牌啊 |
[13:27] | Did you, uh… sleep with any of them? | 你和她们上过床吗 |
[13:32] | No. No, I never mix business with pleasure. | 没有 我从不把工作和娱乐搅在一起 |
[13:38] | You are a good actor. | 你确实是个好演员 |
[13:39] | What? I’m serious. | 什么 我说真的 |
[13:42] | I… I didn’t! | 我真没有 |
[13:43] | Don’t look at me like that. I’m telling you the truth. | 别那样看着我 我说的都是真的 |
[13:47] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[13:48] | I swear I won’t think less of you if you did. | 我发誓即使你睡过她们 我也不会对你有看法的 |
[13:54] | No, this is a trap. This is a trap, right? | 不 这是个陷阱 这是个陷阱 对吧 |
[13:56] | Let’s just talk about you. What made you want to study acting? | 我们谈你就好了 是什么让你想学习表演 |
[14:01] | Uh, let’s see. | 让我想想 |
[14:04] | I was a theater minor in college and absolutely loved it. | 我大学辅修戏剧 非常喜欢 |
[14:10] | Probably the happiest time in my life. | 可能是我一生中最快乐的时光 |
[14:12] | Honestly, I, uh… I don’t know why I quit. | 老实说 我也不知道为什么自己放弃了 |
[14:14] | I do. | 我知道 |
[14:16] | Fear of failure. | 害怕失败 |
[14:17] | Oh, about me, you tell the truth? | 一说到我 你就说实话了 |
[14:21] | Anyway, long story short, when my husband of many years | 总之 长话短说 当我发现相伴多年的丈夫 |
[14:25] | turned out to be balls deep in his dental hygienist… | 在和他的牙科保健师激情大战 |
[14:29] | Sorry, still a little bitter. | 对不起 还是有点不爽 |
[14:31] | I decided to spend some of my divorce settlement on acting classes. | 我决定把我离婚协议拿到的一些钱花在表演课上 |
[14:36] | And a Porsche Cayenne. | 还有一辆保时捷卡宴 |
[14:38] | – It’s a nice car. – Mmm. | -那是辆好车 -嗯 |
[14:39] | Sorry about the marriage. | 真遗憾你的婚姻没能走到底 |
[14:41] | Well, it all worked out. | 都解决好了 |
[14:42] | I mean, I got the house, and he got a Samoan mother-in-law. | 我得到了房子 他得到了一个萨摩亚人岳母 |
[14:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:54] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[15:01] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah. I’m fine. I’m just… | 我没事 我只是… |
[15:07] | Twenty-nine years. | 二十九年啊 |
[15:10] | I just… | 我只是… |
[15:13] | I thought we’d grow old together. | 我以为我们会白头偕老 |
[15:15] | You know, uh… retire… | 你知道 退休后 |
[15:18] | drive around the country in an RV… | 开着房车去往全国各地 |
[15:22] | babysit the grandkids. | 照顾孙子们 |
[15:25] | A whole fucking bullshit fantasy. | 全他妈都是狗屁痴心妄想 |
[15:29] | Lisa, Lisa, it’s gonna be okay. You’ll see. | 丽萨 一切都会好起来的 你会明白的 |
[15:32] | New doors are gonna open, new challenges, | 新的大门会为你打开 新的挑战 |
[15:35] | new people. | 遇到新的人 |
[15:36] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:38] | – I’m so sorry. – No, there’s nothing to be sorry about. | -真的抱歉 -没什么好抱歉的 |
[15:41] | Everything okay here? | 一切都好吗 |
[15:43] | Yeah, we just… It’s fine. We just need the check, please. | 是的 我们只是需要结账 麻烦了 |
[15:55] | Oh, man! | 天呐 |
[15:57] | I’m a good actor, too. | 我也是个好演员 |
[16:00] | Seriously, why would you do that? | 说真的 你为什么要那么做 |
[16:20] | Come on, you bastard! | 快通啊 你个混蛋 |
[16:25] | I made the speech, you put up a sign. | 我警告了他们 你贴了告示 |
[16:27] | What the hell else can I do? | 我还能做什么呢 |
[16:28] | I don’t know, Dad. Maybe hire a fucking plumber? | 我不知道 老爸 也许雇个管道工吧 |
[16:35] | – Ah, yes! – See that? Who needs a plumber? | -好了 -看到没 谁还需要管道工啊 |
[16:39] | Sorry I missed class last night. How’d it go? | 对不起 昨晚的课没能来 怎么样啊 |
[16:42] | Good. Some of the new kids are good. Where were you? | 很好 新来的一些孩子很不错 你去哪了 |
[16:45] | Went to see Eileen. | 去见艾琳了 |
[16:47] | Oh, shit. Been meaning to get over there. | 该死 我一直在想去探望的 |
[16:50] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[16:51] | It’s awful. She can barely get out of bed. | 很糟 她几乎不能下床 |
[16:54] | I’ll call Norman and figure out a time. | 我会给诺曼打电话 找个时间去看她 |
[16:57] | No, you won’t. | 你不会去的 |
[16:59] | – What? What is that supposed to mean? – Nothing. | -什么 你那是什么意思 -没什么 |
[17:02] | – Never mind. – No, no, tell me. | -别在意 -不不 跟我说说 |
[17:04] | When Uncle Jimmy was in the hospital, | 吉米叔叔住院的时候 |
[17:05] | you couldn’t visit because you had a cold. | 你不能去看望他 因为你感冒了 |
[17:08] | And your friend, Barry– | 还有你的朋友 巴里 |
[17:09] | – What’s his name? – Melman, yeah. | -叫什么来着 -梅尔曼 |
[17:10] | When Barry Melman was in that hospice place, you had a cold. | 巴里·梅尔曼在安养院时 你也感冒了 |
[17:14] | I did, both times. I did not want to get them sicker. | 我两次确实都感冒了 我不想让他们病情加重 |
[17:16] | You were worried you might give the guy with | 你是说你担心自己可能会让得了脑癌的人 |
[17:18] | brain cancer a case of the sniffles? | 患上轻微感冒吗 |
[17:20] | Yes. It’s called common courtesy. | 是的 这是最起码的礼貌 |
[17:23] | Okay, fine. Whatever you need to believe. | 好吧 随你怎么想 |
[17:25] | Oh, no, no, no! Wait. | 不不不 等等 |
[17:27] | What do you believe? | 你怎么想的 |
[17:29] | You’re afraid. | 你害怕了 |
[17:30] | – Afraid? Oh– – I mean, it’s understandable. | -害怕 -这是可以理解的 |
[17:33] | You’re getting older. You don’t want to be… | 你老了 你不想 |
[17:35] | – reminded. – Reminded of what? | -被提醒 -提醒什么 |
[17:38] | – Really? – Yeah. | -不是吧 -是的 |
[17:39] | – You’re gonna make me say it? – Yeah. Come on, say it. | -你非要我说出来吗 -是的 说吧 |
[17:44] | – Death. – Wrong. | -死亡 -错 |
[17:46] | – That is so wrong. – I’m walking away from you. | -错的离谱 -我要从你身边走开了 |
[17:48] | Yes, I’ll admit to fearing a violent death, | 是的 我承认我害怕暴力致死 |
[17:50] | terrorism, tsunamis, what have you, | 恐怖主义 海啸 诸如此类的 |
[17:53] | but natural death from old age? | 但老年自然死亡 |
[17:56] | No. No, not at all. | 我一点也不害怕 |
[17:58] | I see that as my next great adventure. | 我把那看作我下一场伟大的冒险 |
[18:01] | Tsunamis? Really? | 海啸 真的吗 |
[18:03] | I’ve never been a strong swimmer. | 我从来都不是个游泳健将 |
[18:05] | Okay. Well, you know what? I’m wrong. | 好吧 你猜怎么着 我错了 |
[18:07] | You’re right. So, sorry I brought it up. | 你是对的 抱歉我提起这事 |
[18:10] | I’ll see you later, Dad. | 再见 老爸 |
[18:12] | And let us not forget that | 让我们不要忘了 |
[18:13] | I will live on in my work… in my students. | 我还会活在我的作品里 活在我学生心中 |
[18:17] | That’s how I cheat death. | 那正是我欺骗死亡的方式 |
[18:29] | Good news. I got the shampoo commercial. | 好消息 我拿下了洗发水广告 |
[18:32] | – What? – Yeah. I did just like you told me | -什么 -没错 我照你说的 |
[18:34] | – and nailed the audition. – Oh, great. Congratulations. | -成功搞定了试镜 -太好了 恭喜你 |
[18:37] | I’m gonna cash the check, | 我要兑现支票 |
[18:38] | buy Bitcoin. It’s the money of the future. | 买比特币 那是新兴的货币 |
[18:44] | Okay. | 就这样 |
[19:31] | – God damn it. – What? | -该死 -什么 |
[19:33] | I bet Eileen a hundred bucks you wouldn’t show up. | 我跟艾琳赌一百你不会出现 |
[19:36] | Very nice. Insult a guest. | 很好 对客人无礼 |
[19:39] | You want a warmer welcome? | 你想要更热烈的欢迎吗 |
[19:41] | Give me a hundred bucks. | 给我一百 |
[19:43] | What kind of flowers are those? | 那些是什么花 |
[19:45] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[19:47] | Huh. So your daughter bought them? | 那就是你女儿买的了 |
[19:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:55] | You have a visitor. | 你有访客 |
[19:58] | Oh, Sandy! | 桑迪 |
[19:59] | Great. | 真好 |
[20:02] | Pay me. | 钱拿来 |
[20:05] | Hey, kiddo. | 嘿 小姑娘 |
[20:07] | – How you feelin’? – Shit on a shingle. Come here. | -你感觉如何 -一团糟 来这 |
[20:11] | Oh, Sandy. | 桑迪 |
[20:13] | Oh. Look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[20:15] | These are for you. | 这些是给你的 |
[20:16] | Oh, daffodils. I love daffodils. | 水仙花 我爱水仙花 |
[20:21] | Daffodils. | 水仙花 |
[20:25] | So, um… | 所以 |
[20:28] | – This is nice and comfy, you know? – Mmm. | -这里看上去挺舒适的 -嗯 |
[20:31] | – Who sleeps over there? – I do. | -谁睡在那边 -我 |
[20:33] | I keep telling him to sleep upstairs, but he doesn’t listen. | 我一直叫他睡楼上 但他不听 |
[20:37] | What can I say? I like sleeping in the same room as my wife. | 我能说什么呢 我喜欢和我妻子睡在同一个房间里 |
[20:40] | After all these years, look at you, Mr. Romantic. | 这么多年过去了 还是老样子啊 浪漫先生 |
[20:43] | Oh, romantic, my ass. | 浪漫个屁 |
[20:44] | He’s just lookin’ for a little late-night action. | 他只是期待能够来点深夜运动 |
[20:47] | Or the morning. Morning’s all right. | 或者早上 早上也挺不错的 |
[20:50] | You guys are kidding, right? | 你们在开玩笑吧 |
[20:54] | So, listen… | 听着 |
[20:56] | Sit down. | 坐下来 |
[21:02] | I need you to do me a favor. | 我需要你帮我个忙 |
[21:04] | Sure. Anything, yeah. | 当然 任何事都可以 |
[21:05] | – When I’m gone– – No, no. | -等我去世了 -不不 |
[21:07] | – Don’t say that– – No, listen. | -别这么说 -不 听着 |
[21:09] | Listen. Don’t talk. | 听着 不要说话 |
[21:10] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:12] | When I’m gone, | 等我去世了 |
[21:13] | I want you to look after Norman. | 我希望你能照看诺曼 |
[21:17] | – Me? – Yeah, you. | -我吗 -是的 你 |
[21:19] | You’re his best friend, right? | 你是他最好的朋友 对吧 |
[21:21] | Um, I don’t know. Am I? | 我不知道 我是吗 |
[21:23] | No, but don’t argue with her. | 不是 但不要和她争论 |
[21:26] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[21:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:30] | Now, how about you? | 你怎么样啊 |
[21:32] | You seeing anybody? | 你有在和谁约会吗 |
[21:34] | No, not really. | 没有 不太算得上 |
[21:35] | I had coffee the other night with one of my students. | 前几天晚上我和我一个学生喝了咖啡 |
[21:38] | Oh, Sandy. Not another one of your 25-year-old Nebraska spinners? | 桑迪 别又是一个25岁布拉斯加州来的小骚货 |
[21:43] | No, no. This one is more age-appropriate. | 不不 这个年龄更合适 |
[21:46] | How age-appropriate? | 年龄怎么个合适法 |
[21:47] | Probably 50-ish? | 大概50多岁吧 |
[21:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:52] | Original boobs? | 纯天然的胸吗 |
[21:53] | Eileen, it was just coffee. | 艾琳 只是喝了咖啡而已 |
[21:54] | – Widowed? Divorced? – Divorced. | -寡妇还是离婚的 -离婚 |
[21:56] | – Kids? – Grown. | -孩子呢 -成年了 |
[21:58] | – Money? – Doesn’t need mine. | -钱呢 -不需要我的 |
[21:59] | – Not like you have much. – No, no. | -好像你有很多钱似的 -是啊 |
[22:02] | All right. | 好的 |
[22:05] | – I approve. – You approve? | -我批准了 -你批准了 |
[22:07] | When did you get to approve? | 你什么时候有批准的权力了 |
[22:09] | – I want to meet her. – We just had coffee– | -我想见见她 -我们只是一起喝过咖啡 |
[22:11] | I have a good vibe about this one. Set it up. | 我对这一次有很好的预感 安排下见面 |
[22:14] | Okay, fine, fine. Jesus. How do you put up with this one? | 行行行 天呐 你怎么做到忍受她的 |
[22:17] | Ooh, the nonstop sex. | 无止境的啪啪啪 |
[22:20] | Okay. That’s it. Get out. | 好了 就这样 出去 |
[22:23] | – That’s it? – That’s it. Visit’s over. | -就这样吗 -就这样 探访结束了 |
[22:26] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 |
[22:29] | – Feel better. – Oh, you’re hilarious. | -祝你康复 -你太搞笑了 |
[22:33] | Bye. | 再见 |
[22:37] | Hey, Sandy. | 桑迪 |
[22:40] | I never said thank you. | 我从没说过谢谢 |
[22:42] | For what? | 谢什么 |
[22:43] | Forty-seven years ago, you introduced me to that guy. | 四十七年前 你把我介绍给了他 |
[22:47] | Oh, yeah. I did, didn’t I? | 是啊 我是这么做了 对吧 |
[22:48] | Yeah, you did. | 是的 你这么做了 |
[22:50] | Norman, say thank you to Sandy. | 诺曼 对桑迪说声谢谢 |
[22:53] | Do I have to? | 非得说吗 |
[22:55] | You wanna get laid? | 你还想啪啪啪吗 |
[22:57] | Thank you, Sandy. | 谢谢你 桑迪 |
[23:09] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[23:33] | Good! | 很好 |
[23:35] | Let it out. | 释放出来 |
[23:36] | This is all about relaxation. | 重点就在于放松 |
[23:40] | You cannot be present with what’s happening onstage | 如果你们不够放松 就没法在舞台上 |
[23:43] | unless you are relaxed. | 呈现想要表达的东西 |
[23:46] | Tension… | 紧张 |
[23:48] | is the performance killer. | 是表演的克星 |
[23:53] | Stop. | 够了 |
[23:55] | Am I doing it wrong? | 我做错了吗 |
[23:56] | You look like you’re havin’ a seizure. | 你看起来像是癫痫发作 |
[23:58] | Sorry. Relaxing is hard for me. | 抱歉 放松对我来说很困难 |
[24:00] | I had an emotionally abusive childhood. | 我童年遭受了情感虐待 |
[24:03] | – How old are you? – Twenty-eight. | -你多大了 -28 |
[24:05] | Childhood’s over. Relax. | 童年结束了 放松 |
[24:09] | No. | 做不到 |
[24:11] | How’s it goin’? | 怎么样 |
[24:13] | This is bullshit. I want my money back. | 这是什么狗屁 我要退款 |
[24:16] | Sorry. No refunds. | 抱歉 没有退款 |
[24:17] | Okay, then take me to dinner. | 好吧 那就带我去吃晚饭 |
[24:19] | Are you asking me on a date? | 你是在约我出去吗 |
[24:21] | I am. | 没错 |
[24:22] | Now, you realize that coffee and the pie | 你明白上次一起喝咖啡吃馅饼 |
[24:24] | at the diner was a teacher-student thing? | 只是纯粹的师生友谊吧 |
[24:26] | Okay. If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[24:27] | I do. It’s a whole new world out there. | 我确实这么觉得 外面有个全新的世界等着你 |
[24:29] | I can’t be using my position as a teacher, as a mentor– | 我不能利用我作为老师 作为导师的便利去… |
[24:32] | For God’s sake, it’s just dinner! | 我的妈啊 就是吃个晚饭而已 |
[24:36] | I’d be honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[24:39] | You’re all witnesses. She asked me. | 你们都是证人 是她邀请的我 |
[24:48] | – Yeah? – Yeah, how you doin’? | -什么事 -你好啊 |
[24:53] | Uh, your mother. | 找你妈妈的 |
[24:55] | Mom, he’s here. | 妈妈 他到了 |
[24:57] | Invite him in! | 邀请他进来 |
[25:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:08] | It’s very nice. | 很不错 |
[25:11] | What is? | 什么 |
[25:12] | Your house, it’s… it’s nice. | 你们家 很温馨 |
[25:16] | Sandy. | 我是桑迪 |
[25:20] | And you are? | 你是 |
[25:22] | – Matthew. – Matthew. That’s a pretty good name. | -马修 -马修 非常棒的名字 |
[25:27] | – People call you Matt? – No. | -人们叫你小马吗 -不会 |
[25:30] | And why would they? | 他们为什么会呢 |
[25:31] | Be right there, Sandy! | 稍等会儿 桑迪 |
[25:33] | No hurry! | 不急 |
[25:35] | Just getting to know Matt…thew. | 正好认识下小马…修 |
[25:40] | Yeah, making friends wherever I go. | 无论我走到哪里都能交到朋友 |
[25:46] | – Sorry. – Wow. You look great. | -对不起 -哇 你看起来棒极了 |
[25:48] | – Thanks. So, uh… do you. – So… Shall we? | -谢 你也是 -那我们走吧 |
[25:53] | You know, you didn’t have to come all this way. | 你知道你不需要过来的 |
[25:54] | I could’ve met you. | 我可以直接去那里 |
[25:55] | No, I’m old school. | 我比较老派 |
[25:56] | You pick a lady up for dinner and you return her safely home. | 接女士去吃晚饭 然后安全护送她回家 |
[26:00] | That is so wonderfully archaic. | 那可真的非常古典雅致了 |
[26:02] | Well, that’s my rap name, Wonderfully Archaic. | 那就是我的说唱艺名 “古雅” |
[26:05] | See you later, Matthew. | 待会儿见 马修 |
[26:11] | So you met my son. | 你见过我儿子了吧 |
[26:13] | – I did. – Yeah. | -是的 -嗯 |
[26:14] | Kind of a dick, isn’t he? | 有点混蛋 是吧 |
[26:15] | Well, he’s young. | 他还年轻 |
[26:16] | His mother’s going out to dinner with some strange guy. | 他妈妈要和一个陌生男人出去吃饭 |
[26:19] | Gotta cut him some slack. | 不能对他要求过多了 |
[26:22] | You are a very kind man. | 你真的心地善良 |
[26:38] | In 200 feet, turn right on Oakdale Avenue. | 前方61米处 右转驶入奥克代尔大道 |
[26:41] | This is a real classic Mercedes, isn’t it? | 这真是一辆经典款奔驰啊 |
[26:43] | Oh, yeah. I bought it from Heinrich Himmler. | 对 我从海因里希·希姆莱那儿买来的 |
[26:46] | He only drove it to work. | 他只开这辆去上班 |
[26:48] | In 500 feet, turn right on Ventura Boulevard. | 前方152米处 右转驶入万特乐大道 |
[26:51] | I know! Stop hounding me! | 我知道 别再说个不停了 |
[26:54] | You know, I miss getting lost. | 我挺怀念以前会迷路那会儿 |
[26:56] | Remember the Thomas Guide? | 还记得托马斯指南吗 |
[26:58] | Yeah. I used to live on the crease. | 记得 我家的位置在折缝那里 |
[27:01] | Nobody could ever find my house. | 没有人能找到我家 |
[27:04] | Now what? | 又怎么了 |
[27:06] | – Can you see who that is? – Yeah. | -你能看看那是谁吗 -好 |
[27:10] | Ooh, Mindy. | 哇 明迪 |
[27:11] | That is my daughter. | 那是我女儿 |
[27:14] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[27:19] | Hey, sweetie. Everything okay? | 亲爱的 一切都好吗 |
[27:24] | When? | 什么时候 |
[27:26] | Oh, God. No, all right. I’ll meet you there. | 天啊 没事 我直接去那里 |
[27:30] | Mindy, I said I’m coming. I’m coming. | 明迪 我说了我要来 我就会来 |
[27:34] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[27:36] | They just rushed a friend of mine to the hospital. | 他们刚把我一个朋友送到医院 |
[27:38] | Is it serious? | 很严重吗 |
[27:40] | I think so, yeah. | 我想是的 |
[27:42] | I’ve gotta go over there. | 我得赶去那里 |
[27:46] | – Could I please have a rain check? – Oh, of course. | -可以改天再约吗 -当然 |
[27:48] | – I’m really sorry. – No, no. Don’t be ridiculous. | -我真的很抱歉 -不不 别傻了 |
[27:50] | We’ll do this another time. | 我们下次再约就好 |
[27:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:01] | This is gonna sound weird, | 这听起来会很奇怪 |
[28:03] | but I told her about you, and she wants to meet you. | 但我跟她说起了你 她想见见你 |
[28:06] | Who? | 谁 |
[28:07] | My… my sick friend. | 我生病的朋友 |
[28:08] | You told her about me? | 你跟她说起了我 |
[28:11] | Yeah. You know, we were… we were talking and it came up. | 是的 我们聊着聊着就说到你了 |
[28:18] | Let’s go. | 那走吧 |
[28:20] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[28:22] | I wanna meet her, too. | 我也想见见她 |
[28:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:45] | Mindy! | 明迪 |
[28:48] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[29:00] | You have to talk to him. He won’t leave her. | 你得跟他谈谈 他不愿意离开她 |
[29:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:06] | Dad! | 爸 |
[29:07] | I’m going. I… | 我马上去 我… |
[29:14] | Lisa, this is my daughter, Mindy. | 丽萨 这是我女儿 明迪 |
[29:18] | Mindy, this is my date, Lisa. | 明迪 这是我的约会对象丽萨 |
[29:24] | You’re on a date? | 你们在约会 |
[29:42] | Norman… | 诺曼 |
[29:55] | She wanted to die at home. I panicked. I called an ambulance. | 她想在家里去世 我慌了 叫了救护车 |
[29:59] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[30:00] | She got terr… terribly… | 她对我非常 |
[30:04] | angry at me. | 非常生气 |
[30:07] | She was in extraordinary pain. What could I do? | 她很痛苦 我还能怎么办 |
[30:12] | It’s all right. Let’s go, Norman. | 没事的 我们走吧 诺曼 |
[30:14] | No. I’m staying here. I don’t want to leave her. | 不 我要留在这里 我不想离开她 |
[30:24] | You’re not leaving her. | 你不会离开她的 |
[30:27] | She’s always gonna be right here. | 她会一直在这里 |
[30:32] | You’re always gonna remember her right here. | 你会一直将她铭记在这里 |
[30:38] | She’s gonna be right here. | 她就在这里 |
[30:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:42] | It’s a nice thought. I appreciate that. Thank you. | 这是个很好的想法 我很感激 谢谢 |
[30:46] | Come on. Let’s go. | 来吧 我们走 |
[31:04] | Is that your line, or did you hear it in a movie somewhere? | 这是你的台词 还是你在电影里听到的 |
[31:07] | I’m really not sure. | 我真的不确定 |
[31:14] | – Who… who is… who… – This is Lisa. | -这是… -这是丽萨 |
[31:16] | Um, I… I mentioned her to Eileen, | 我向艾琳提起过她 |
[31:18] | and Eileen wanted to meet her. | 艾琳想见见她 |
[31:21] | I don’t understand. Eileen– | 我不明白 艾琳她… |
[31:23] | Well, we didn’t know that when we came down here. | 我们来这里时还不知情 |
[31:26] | Oh, yeah. | 好吧 |
[31:29] | How are you? Nice to meet you. | 你好吗 很高兴见到你 |
[31:30] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 节哀顺变 |
[31:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:35] | You can do better than him. | 你值得比他更好的人 |
[31:39] | Mindy, can you take Lisa home, and, uh, I’ll take Norman? | 明迪 你能送丽萨回家吗 我送诺曼回去 |
[31:43] | – Yeah. – Okay? | -好 -好吗 |
[31:44] | Thanks, sweetie. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[31:53] | When was the last time you ate? | 你上次吃东西是什么时候 |
[31:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:58] | What do you say we go find some takeout? | 我们去找点外卖怎么样 |
[32:09] | How do you get out of here? | 要怎么离开这里 |
[32:11] | Not a clue. | 毫无头绪 |