时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:44] | The Pacific Part X | 《太平洋战争》第十集 |
[02:52] | 1945年8月15日 纽约长岛 圣艾尔班军医院 | |
[03:00] | “And the people went their ways, each to his own ship. | 人群四散离去 回到各自战船 |
[03:00] | 出自荷马史诗 《伊利亚特》 | |
[03:04] | Then bethought them of the blessed boon of sleep; | 甜蜜朦胧睡意 不禁涌上心头 |
[03:07] | But Achilles still wept for thinking of his dear comrade, | 然而阿喀琉斯 犹在哀声哭泣 怀念心爱伴友 |
[03:11] | And sleep, before whom all things bow, | 此时浓重睡意 |
[03:15] | Could take no hold upon him. | 却难令他就范 |
[03:17] | This way and that did he turn | 他辗转反侧 念想帕特洛克洛斯 |
[03:19] | as he thought of all they had done together, | 他俩曾并肩作战 |
[03:22] | And all they had gone through”– | 出生入死 |
[03:25] | Hey, you’re not listening to me. | 你们都没在听 |
[03:28] | Oh, no, sure we are. | 怎么会呢 |
[03:32] | “…thought of all they had done together, | 他俩曾并肩作战 |
[03:34] | And all they had gone through | 出生入死 |
[03:36] | Both on the fields of battle | 闯过拼战的人群 |
[03:39] | And the waves of the weary seas.” | 跨越汹涌的洋流 |
[03:43] | How about a comic, Amos? | 来看看连环画怎么样 先知大人 |
[03:46] | I’ve got “Snookums,” “Phantom,” “Blondie.” | 有”小史仔仔” “幽灵幻影”和”金发美人” |
[03:51] | What’s your favorite? | 你最爱哪个 |
[03:52] | – The Japs surrendered. – What? | -鬼子投降了 -什么 |
[03:55] | – What did he say? – The war is over. | -他说什么 -战争结束了 |
[03:57] | Did you hear that? | 真的吗 |
[03:59] | Definite. On the radio. | 千真万确 电台里也说了 |
[04:01] | The war’s over! the war’s over. | 战争结束了 结束了 |
[04:05] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[04:06] | It’s over. | 战争结束了 |
[04:10] | – Can you believe it? – Yes! | -难以置信 -太好了 |
[04:16] | It’s over! It’s over! – | 战争结束了 |
[04:31] | I need a drink! | 拿酒来 |
[04:35] | 冲绳 琉球群岛 | |
[04:39] | – What do you got? – Come on now. | -都有些啥好货 -少来 快点 |
[04:43] | – Here, open wide. – You’re wasting it. | -给我满上 -你真是浪费 |
[04:53] | You see that? Line of stars angling up? | 你看到那串星星了吗 |
[04:57] | – Yup. – That’s Snafu’s pecker. | -看到了 -那是哥的阳具 |
[05:01] | Hey, boys. | 兄弟们 |
[05:05] | You’ve got a nice little party going on down there, lieutenant. | 你们那边的小派对开得挺欢嘛 中尉 |
[05:08] | Ah. A little victory party. | 庆祝胜利 小闹腾一下 |
[05:13] | Can’t believe it’s over, huh? | 难以置信 战争结束了 |
[05:17] | Sort of a “What do you do now?” | 有点”不知所措”的感觉吧 |
[05:23] | Here. | 拿着 |
[05:26] | Have a little V-J day party of your own. | 抗战胜利 自己也开个派对庆祝下吧 |
[05:34] | Thanks, lieutenant. | 谢谢 中尉 |
[05:42] | “What do we do now?” | “不知所措” |
[05:46] | What an idiot. | 真够傻逼 |
[05:49] | Well, I’ll show you what I’m doing now. | 我来告诉你该干嘛 |
[06:02] | Well, there it is: | 看来就这样了 |
[06:05] | My first official act of peacetime. | 和平时期干的第一件正事儿 |
[06:08] | Snafu. | 衰人 给 |
[06:53] | Jesus. Nothing’s changed. | 天 真是一点都没变 |
[06:56] | I thought the same thing when I got back. | 我刚回来时也这么想 |
[06:58] | Funny. Here. | 有意思 拿着 |
[07:02] | There. You can keep the change. | 给 不用找了 |
[07:04] | I ain’t touching that. I might’ve jumped into Normandy, | 别和我客气 虽然我参加过诺曼底战役 |
[07:06] | But at least I got some liberties in London and Paris. | 但好歹还能在伦敦和巴黎放几个假 |
[07:09] | You gi-rines, you got nothing but jungle rot and malaria. | 你们陆战队 只有热带皮肤病和疟疾 |
[07:14] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[07:30] | If you’d just given us some warning– | 你怎么都不提前通知我们一声 |
[07:33] | A phone call, a telegram or something. | 哪怕来个电话或电报之类的都行啊 |
[07:46] | There. Ah. | 这有点… |
[07:48] | We’ll get this stuff out of here first thing. | 我会把这些东西弄走 |
[07:51] | I don’t know where we’re gonna put it all. | 都不知道该把这些东西放哪 |
[07:53] | Well, half this junk we can throw away. | 这些破烂都可以扔掉一半了 |
[07:55] | That’s not what you said when we lugged it all up here. | 我们费力搬上来时 你可没这么说 |
[07:57] | Oh, that was four years ago. | 此一时彼一时 |
[08:00] | I’ll clear a corner and make do. | 我理出个地儿 凑合着睡就行了 |
[08:01] | Absolutely not. We will have this place spic and span as always. | 完全没必要 我们会把这地方整理得完好如初 |
[08:06] | This whole box can go to the junk man. | 这箱东西可以给收破烂的了 |
[08:14] | Let’s give him a moment. | 让他一个人待会儿 |
[08:54] | Can we have three cokes? | 来三瓶可乐 |
[08:55] | I could stand for some whiskey instead of that. | 不要可乐 我要威士忌 |
[08:57] | Coming up. | 马上就来 |
[09:00] | There you go. | 给 |
[09:02] | -Thanks, Snafu. – My pleasure. | -谢了 衰人 -不客气 |
[09:10] | Hiya. I’m Merriell Shelton. | 你好 我叫莫里尔·谢尔顿 |
[09:14] | How about I take you to the back of the train | 我们去火车后厢如何 |
[09:15] | And you can show me your caboose? | 把你的私处给我看看 |
[09:19] | Did I tell you? | 我说吧 |
[09:24] | Feisty. | 我喜欢傲娇 |
[09:27] | Snafu just got pinked on the train home. | 衰人在回乡的火车上又鸡动了 |
[09:30] | If we’d had been here six months ago, | 要是我们六个月前回来 |
[09:31] | That broad would’ve given us all blowjobs. | 那娘们肯定给咱哥几个口交 |
[09:34] | Lied to again. | 又他妈地被骗了 |
[09:36] | This entire division didn’t do | 原本该整个师干的脏活 |
[09:37] | that “Plus six months” Horseshit we did. | 全落我们头上了 |
[09:39] | They got home a week after V-J day– parades, pretty girls. | 胜利一周后他们就回家了 有庆祝游行和美女 |
[09:42] | 1946, the party’s all over. | 到了今年 派对早散场了 |
[09:45] | Not so much as a complimentary beer. | 妈的 连慰问的啤酒都没有 |
[09:48] | Somebody had to stay and clean up after the war. | 总得有人来收拾战后的烂摊子 |
[09:53] | I suppose I’m gonna have to get a job too. | 我想我也得去找份工作 |
[09:55] | – Doing what? – I don’t know. | -什么工作 -不知道 |
[09:58] | Anything between digging ditches and owning a bank. | 上到银行行长 下到挖阴沟 哥通吃 |
[10:04] | First I’ve got to get Florence home. | 我得先把弗洛伦斯接回家 |
[10:06] | – Wait. Florence from Melbourne? – Mm-hmm. | -是墨尔本的弗洛伦斯吗 -对 |
[10:07] | You’re shipping her all the way over here | 这一路上 你都在想着她 |
[10:09] | And this is the first we hear about it? | 现在才告诉我们 |
[10:10] | Come on, snafu. That was in Okinawa. | 别这么说 衰人 那会可是在冲绳 |
[10:12] | Figured it’d be bad luck to talk about it then. | 要当时说的话 我怕不吉利 |
[10:14] | – well, when is she coming? – I don’t know. | -她什么时候来 -不知道 |
[10:16] | I cabled her, but we’ve been at sea. | 我给她发过电报 不过当时在海上 |
[10:21] | I guess I’m gonna find out soon enough whether I’m getting married or not. | 我结不结得成婚 到时便见分晓 |
[10:24] | What about you, Sledgehammer? | 你呢 斯锤锤 |
[10:30] | I’m just hoping this Florence girl comes to her senses. | 但愿那女孩脑子犯迷糊 你还能有戏 |
[10:34] | You got a job lined up in Mobile? | 你在莫比尔找到工作了吗 |
[10:36] | No. No job, no girl, | 没 没工作 没女人 |
[10:39] | – No plans. – How long do you think that’s gonna last? | -更没人生计划 -你觉得这状态能撑多久 |
[10:44] | As long as the sheriff lets me. | 只要警察不来管 |
[10:49] | I’m gonna get that girl. | 那姑娘是我的了 |
[10:52] | Oh, leave her alone. | 别纠缠人家了 |
[10:53] | You boys watch. I’m gonna get that girl. | 小子们瞧好吧 那姑娘是我的了 |
[10:57] | You’ve been saying that – about every girl since San Diego. | 从圣迭哥来这一路 遇见姑娘你都这么说 |
[11:38] | Mrs. Basilone, | 贝瑟隆夫人 |
[11:42] | I’m Lena. | 我是蕾纳 |
[11:46] | I recognize you from the photos Johnny sent. | 我认出来了 小约寄过你的照片 |
[11:57] | Well, come in. | 请进吧 |
[12:08] | [意大利语] | |
[12:11] | [意大利语] | |
[12:14] | [意大利语] | |
[12:16] | Lena… | 蕾纳 |
[12:19] | He says you’re beautiful. | 他说你很美 |
[12:21] | George. | 乔治 |
[12:24] | I heard so much about you. | 约翰经常跟我说起你 |
[12:27] | The last time I saw him in Honolulu, | 上次在檀香山见到他时 |
[12:30] | he couldn’t stop talking about you. | 他就一直把你挂在嘴边 |
[12:34] | He was just about to ship out. | 那时他正要开拔 |
[12:41] | Would you like a coffee? | 来杯咖啡吗 |
[12:43] | No. Thank you. I’m fine. | 不必了 谢谢 我不渴 |
[12:46] | [意大利语] | |
[12:48] | [意大利语] | |
[12:50] | Please sit down. | 请坐 |
[12:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:11] | You have a very nice home. | 您家布置真温馨 |
[13:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:19] | The 4th Marines are being mustered out. | 陆战4团已奉命退伍 |
[13:22] | How about you? | 你有何打算 |
[13:23] | I’m waiting for orders. | 还在等命令 |
[13:26] | Hurry up and wait. | 早作准备得好 |
[13:31] | Do you… do you need anything? | 你… 有何需要吗 |
[13:34] | No. No, I’m not here for… | 不不 我来不是为了… |
[13:36] | John’s insurance money | 约翰的抚恤金 |
[13:39] | is gonna help you out, right, Lena? | 能帮你撑一阵子吧 蕾纳 |
[13:42] | Actually, he never signed the papers. | 其实 他没签合同 |
[13:45] | He never signed? That’s $10,000. | 没签合同 一万美金呢 |
[13:50] | It’s okay. I’m all right. | 没关系 我很好 |
[14:01] | I saw his grave on Iwo. | 我去硫磺岛看过他的墓 |
[14:05] | He’s got lots of good marines on all sides of him. | 他与众多优秀的陆战队员葬在一起 |
[14:10] | He… | 他… |
[14:12] | He would’ve appreciated that. | 对此他会很欣慰的 |
[14:18] | Are you sure about that coffee? | 真的不要咖啡吗 |
[14:20] | Maybe something stiffer? | 还是来杯烈一点的呢 |
[14:23] | No. | 不必了 |
[14:25] | I came by because | 我之所以来这里 |
[14:29] | I thought you should have this. | 是觉得应该把这个交给你们 |
[14:41] | 荣誉勋章 | |
[15:58] | – There’s my little brother. – Jewett! | -我弟弟来了 -朱伊特到了 |
[16:01] | Jewett, Texas! | 德克萨斯州朱伊特 |
[16:02] | No sign of Florence. | 弗洛伦斯好像没来 |
[16:07] | Melbourne’s a hell of a long way, Burgie. | 墨尔本远在天边呢 小布 |
[16:11] | It’ll take Florence a while to get from Australia to here. | 弗洛伦斯从澳大利亚过来可得些日子 |
[16:23] | Thanks… | 谢谢你 |
[16:28] | for doing all you did | 多亏你照应 |
[16:29] | to keep us from getting our fool heads shot off. | 哥们才没在战场上给爆了头 |
[16:35] | You’re good marines. | 你们是陆战队的骄傲 |
[17:31] | 卑尔根县安居工程 | |
[17:38] | – It’s him. – It is? | -是他 -谁 |
[17:40] | It’s Robert. | 罗博特 |
[17:44] | You made quite an entrance, Bob. | 你的回归备受关注啊 博博 |
[17:47] | The whole room is buzzing. | 整个工作室都在议论 |
[17:51] | I hope they meet their deadlines. | 希望别误了他们交稿 |
[17:55] | We’re all mighty proud of you, | 所有人都深以你们为傲 |
[17:57] | proud of all you soldiers. | 你们所有的士兵 |
[18:00] | I was a marine. | 我曾是名陆战队员 |
[18:04] | We’re proud of all of you. | 我们以你们为傲 |
[18:08] | So now you’re back. | 既然你回来了 |
[18:10] | I’m guessing you’re here for a job. | 是来求职的吧 |
[18:12] | That’s why they made you the editor. | 您圣明 不愧是总编 |
[18:14] | I’ll take my former position. | 我想做回我原来的职位 |
[18:16] | Well, you still want to cover local sports? | 你愿意继续负责本地体育专栏吗 |
[18:18] | Yup… to start with. | 没错 从这里起步 |
[18:21] | Here’s why: | 原因如下 |
[18:24] | That guy you’ve got writing the column right now… | 现在写体育专栏那伙计 |
[18:26] | He’s got no snap, no style. | 文章写得毫无特点 淡而无味 |
[18:28] | The prose just lays there like spilled ink on newsprint. | 简直就是新闻纸上印墨水点子 |
[18:31] | You need to send him to obits and give me his desk. | 你该把那职位给我 让他去写讣告 |
[18:35] | – I do? – For the sake of the paper. | -是吗 -为报社前途计 |
[18:38] | And when did you see me demoting him and hiring you? | 那你看我什么时候为你炒了他合适 |
[18:42] | – Today is good. – Today? | -今天即可 -今天 |
[18:44] | Bergen Catholic plays Don Bosco prep this afternoon. | 卑尔根天主队今天下午迎战唐波斯科预备队 |
[18:46] | The kickoff is at 3:00, so… | 3点开球 所以 |
[18:50] | I’d better get going. | 我最好现在就开工 |
[18:54] | Shouldn’t we talk about salary? | 不先谈好薪金吗 |
[18:57] | $10 a week raise will do it. | 底薪每周10块起就好 |
[18:59] | – I will give you $7. – I’d have taken $5. | -我只能给你7块 -给我5块得了 |
[20:07] | What are you looking at? | 你看什么呢 |
[20:10] | Are you a Jap? | 你怎么跟个鬼子似的 |
[20:12] | Honestly, ’cause you sneak up like one. | 老实说 你鬼鬼祟祟的倒还真像 |
[20:22] | You are spying on Vera Keller. | 你在偷窥薇拉·凯勒 |
[20:25] | – My god. – Ma. | -我的上帝 -妈 |
[20:27] | She never gave you the time of day. | 她可没等你 |
[20:31] | And she’s dating an officer, of course. | 人家傍上了个军官 这也难怪 |
[20:34] | Look at that fancy car. | 看看人家的香车 |
[20:36] | Did you come up here for a reason? | 你来到底想说什么 |
[20:38] | To get you to stop banging on that typewriter. | 让你别整天对着个打字机 |
[20:40] | It’s called working, ma. | 我那是工作需要 妈 |
[20:42] | Not sitting there like that, it isn’t. | 所谓工作就是坐那儿发呆吗 |
[20:52] | Look at this mess. | 看这屋子乱的 |
[21:02] | Mmm, your dress blues. | 你的军礼服 |
[21:07] | You’ve never even worn them. | 你都没穿过 |
[21:22] | I think you would’ve looked nice in them. | 你穿上一定很帅 |
[21:46] | New Orleans Crescent City, | 新奥尔良 克雷森城到了 |
[21:48] | Home to the delta blues and the French quarter. | 三角洲布鲁斯和法国角的诞生地 |
[21:51] | Watch your wallets, pockets and watches. | 都看好自己的钱包 口袋和手表 |
[21:54] | This is New Orleans. | 新奥尔良到了 |
[22:20] | Hot links! | 卖报啦 号外 |
[22:22] | Get your hot links here! | 最新消息 号外啦 |
[22:24] | Hey, how about a hot link? | 来份号外吗 |
[22:56] | – Yes? – Mrs. Keller. | -哪位 -凯勒太太 |
[22:59] | Yes. | 是我 |
[23:01] | I’d like to speak to Vera, please. | 我能和薇拉聊几句吗 |
[23:04] | And who shall I say is calling? | 你是哪位 |
[23:06] | Robert leckie, Mrs. Keller. | 我是罗博特·莱基 凯勒太太 |
[23:08] | I’ve lived across the street from you for the last 20 years. | 我跟您住对街都二十年了 |
[23:12] | Of course. | 我记起来了 |
[23:15] | Welcome home, Robert. | 欢迎回家 罗博特 |
[23:16] | Let me just see if she can come to the door. | 我去叫她 看她能到门口来吗 |
[23:36] | Bob Leckie. | 博博·莱基 |
[23:39] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[23:41] | I was afraid you wouldn’t remember me either. | 我都怕你记不起我来了 |
[23:44] | Oh, I remember you. The last time I saw you was | 我当然记得你 咱们最后一次见面 |
[23:47] | in church right before you shipped out. | 是你出征之前 就在教堂门口 |
[23:49] | So… | 你今天 |
[23:52] | You look well. | 很潇洒 |
[23:54] | Nice uniform. | 穿礼服很帅 |
[23:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:03] | I’ve been wondering if you would grant me | 不知您能否赏光 |
[24:04] | the pleasure of taking you out. | 和我出去约会呢 |
[24:06] | You want to take me out? | 你想约我出去吗 |
[24:08] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[24:12] | Uh, I have a date tonight. | 可我今晚已经约了别人 |
[24:14] | when the doorbell rang, I thought you were him. | 门铃一响 我还以为是他来了 |
[24:21] | Well, there he is. | 看 他来了 |
[24:28] | Nice car. | 车不错 |
[24:39] | Hey. Robert Leckie. | 嗨 我是罗博特·莱基 |
[24:42] | Charles Dunworthy. | 我叫查尔斯·顿沃西 |
[24:43] | – Vera. – Army, huh, Charlie? | -薇拉 -在陆军混哦 查理 |
[24:45] | Where’d you serve? | 在哪儿服役 |
[24:47] | I just graduated from west point. | 我刚从西点军校毕业 |
[24:49] | Lieutenant. Congratulations. | 少尉 祝贺你 |
[24:53] | Too bad you missed the whole show. | 可惜你错过了战争大戏 |
[24:57] | Vera… | 薇拉 |
[25:00] | How about another time? | 我们要不要换个时间 |
[25:03] | Maybe tomorrow night? | 明晚怎么样 |
[25:05] | What’s going on here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[25:06] | I just asked Vera if she’d like to have dinner. | 我在邀请薇拉共进晚餐 |
[25:08] | Huh. Nice try. | 勇气可嘉 |
[25:11] | She’s not interested. | 可她并不感冒 |
[25:16] | Actually, I don’t have any plans for tomorrow night. | 其实 明晚我倒是有空 |
[25:20] | Oh, is that right? Really? | 是吗 再好不过 |
[25:27] | Obviously I’ve been wasting a lot of gasoline. | 我就不用再浪费汽油了 |
[25:33] | Good night, Vera. | 晚安 薇拉 |
[25:40] | Well, it looks like I am free for dinner tonight. | 看来今晚我也有空了 |
[25:52] | So what are you gonna do now that you’re home? | 回来后有何打算 |
[25:54] | Oh, I’m back writing for “The Bergen County Record. “ | 我回来打算接着写 “卑尔根记事” |
[25:59] | We don’t get the record. | 可我们没有订那本书 |
[26:02] | I’ll talk to subscriptions. | 我去和出版商说 |
[26:12] | You’re staring. | 你盯着我看什么 |
[26:14] | Oh. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[26:20] | No. | 不 |
[26:22] | Actually, I’m not. | 其实我不是这意思 |
[26:26] | Three years ago in a miserable part of the pacific, | 回首在太平洋不堪的三年 |
[26:29] | I was laying in the mud, | 每当我泡在泥泞里的时候 |
[26:31] | Dreaming about a moment like this with you. | 总幻想着某天能像今天这样和你在一起 |
[26:37] | You get right to it, don’t you? | 你就这么直接吗 |
[26:42] | In the mud? | 还是在泥泞里吗 |
[26:46] | Afraid so. | 那是 |
[26:48] | You must’ve been through a lot. | 你一定经历了不少 |
[26:58] | Well, here we are. | 不管怎样 现在你梦想成真了 |
[27:00] | – Mm-hmm. – so what’s next? | -是啊 -那接下来呢 |
[27:02] | I don’t know. I didn’t get that far. | 不知道 没想那么远 |
[27:05] | And why me? | 为什么是我 |
[27:07] | Why not Rita Hayworth or Betty Grable? | 而不是丽塔·海华斯或者贝蒂·格拉贝尔 |
[27:13] | Because I know you. | 因为我认识你 |
[27:15] | Bob, you don’t– | 博博 但是你… |
[27:19] | You don’t really know me. | 你并不了解我 |
[27:22] | You’re right. | 你说对了 |
[27:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:27] | I think– I don’t– | 我想 我… |
[27:28] | I don’t know how to do this. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[27:30] | Bob, you’re doing fine. This is fine. | 博博 你表现得挺好 |
[27:34] | It’s a start. | 这算是一个开端 |
[27:46] | You know, I wrote you a lot of letters while I was over there. | 我在战场上给你写了很多信 |
[27:48] | You did? I didn’t get any. | 是吗 我没收到 |
[27:52] | – I never sent ’em. – why? | -我没寄出去 -为什么 |
[27:56] | I thought– | 我原认为 |
[28:00] | I didn’t think I was gonna make it, | 我本以为自己没法平安归来 |
[28:02] | So it didn’t matter if I sent ’em or not. | 所以寄不寄都没所谓 |
[28:08] | Can I read them now? | 我现在能看看吗 |
[28:10] | I don’t have ’em anymore. | 没有了 |
[28:12] | Rain on Cape Gloucester erased every word. | 在格洛斯特角都被打湿了 没法读了 |
[28:17] | What were they like, these letters? | 那些信上 写的什么 |
[28:22] | Best stuff I ever wrote. | 我笔下最美妙的东西 |
[28:53] | Hey, buddy. I appreciate you coming. | 伙计 很高兴你能来 |
[28:55] | Thanks so much for picking me up. | 多谢你来接我 |
[29:03] | – Hi, fella. How are you? – Good to see you. | -伙计 你好啊 -很高兴见到你 |
[29:09] | You gonna take this for me or what? | 来帮我拎包 |
[29:14] | Good to see you, Eugene. | 见到你真好 尤金 |
[29:16] | We’ll just drive up to Chickasaw. | 我们会一路开到奇克索 |
[29:19] | So good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[29:26] | What’s with the MacArthur bit? | 麦克阿瑟将军的做派嘛 |
[29:28] | – Huh? – The mammy yokum. | -啥 -犹可妈妈 |
[29:30] | Popeye the sailor. | 大力水手的烟斗 |
[29:34] | It calms me down. | 这能让我冷静下来 |
[29:36] | Packing it, cleaning it– | 装烟 清理 |
[29:38] | I always have something to do. | 总让我有事可做 |
[29:43] | What do you remember about Mary Houston? | 你还记得玛丽·休斯顿吧 |
[29:46] | – Mary Houston? – Yeah. | -玛丽·休斯顿 -是 |
[29:48] | The Mary Houston? | 那个玛丽·休斯顿吗 |
[29:51] | Well, like everybody else in Mobile, | 在莫比尔众人皆知 |
[29:53] | – I was in love with Mary Houston. – That’s too bad for you. | -我爱玛丽·休斯顿 -那可真糟 |
[29:56] | – She’s marrying me. – Yeah, sure she will– | -她要嫁给我了 -我觉得也是 |
[29:58] | – the minute she goes blind. – well, I asked her. | -那会她一定发昏了 -是我求的婚 |
[30:01] | She said yes, so you’re just gonna have to deal with it, brother. | 她同意了 你要面对这个现实 兄弟 |
[30:07] | You’re saying that Mary Houston | 你说的玛丽·休斯顿 |
[30:09] | Is gonna be Mary Houston Phillips? | 是玛丽·休斯顿·菲利普斯吗 |
[30:11] | In the eyes of god and the law. | 上帝和法律为我作证 |
[30:15] | Well, what am I gonna hear next? | 还有什么重大新闻 |
[30:16] | That martians landed downtown? They’re setting up a hotel? | 火星人入侵地球 还建了个旅馆吗 |
[30:19] | I want you to be my best man. | 我想让你当我的伴郎 |
[30:24] | If you think that I’m gonna stand at the altar | 如果你想让我站在圣台后面 |
[30:27] | and lose Mary Houston to the likes of you– | 看着玛丽·休斯顿跟了你这家伙… |
[30:34] | – Well, hell yes! – Come on, Eugene! | -我当然愿意 -悠着点 尤金 |
[30:37] | Hey, come on! | 悠着点啊 |
[30:52] | Right here is fine, Sid. | 送到这就行了 希德 |
[30:56] | Are you sure this is good? | 这样好吗 |
[31:01] | Yup. | 是的 |
[31:19] | See you later. | 那回见了 |
[31:22] | Welcome home, Eugene. | 欢迎回来 尤金 |
[33:55] | Hand me your plate right there, will you? | 把你的盘子放在那儿好吗 |
[33:57] | – Yes, give him a big slice. – A nice big slice. | -给他一大份切片 -一大份 |
[34:01] | How many would you like? | 想要多少 |
[34:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:05] | Honey, would you like some corn? | 亲爱的 来点玉米好吗 |
[34:06] | – Yes, thank you. – I’ll get you some corn. | -好 多谢 -我给你来点玉米吧 |
[34:13] | I can help you set. Eat up, sweetheart. | 我来帮你拿 多吃点 宝贝 |
[34:16] | Now are you sure you don’t want anymore? | 你真的不要了吗 |
[34:18] | We should have a little toast. | 我们祝酒吧 |
[34:19] | Oh, that’s lovely. Yes. | 再好不过了 行啊 |
[34:21] | To Edward’s new wife and the boys being home. | 敬爱德华的新婚妻子和凯旋的小伙子们 |
[34:23] | Here’s a little souvenir that I brought back from Prague. | 这是我从布拉格带回来的小纪念品 |
[34:27] | – My lord. – Edward, it’s extraordinary. | -我的天 -爱德华 真是非同寻常 |
[34:30] | It was floating along the ground in this forest | 当时我和我哥们杰克 |
[34:32] | that me and my buddy Jack were sitting in. | 正坐在林子里休息 它就这么飘了过来 |
[34:35] | I ran over and I picked it up… | 我跑去把它捡了起来… |
[34:55] | Stop! No! | 住手 不要 |
[35:58] | I didn’t get any sleep for the longest time. | 我一直以来都睡不好 |
[36:01] | I still can’t, really. | 现在还是这样 真的 |
[36:05] | I toss and turn like crazy. | 在床上辗转反侧 像疯了一样 |
[36:09] | Martha doesn’t complain, | 玛莎虽然没有说什么 |
[36:11] | but I know I keep waking her up. | 但我知道 她因为我也睡不好 |
[36:20] | Give me your coffee. | 把你的咖啡递给我 |
[36:36] | I like Martha. | 我挺喜欢玛莎 |
[36:41] | You’re a lucky man. | 你运气不错嘛 |
[36:42] | You’ll be married… | 你也会成家的… |
[36:44] | Someday. | 总有一天会 |
[36:50] | And just how did my little brother do during his time in the service? | 我亲爱的老弟在部队里是怎么过的 |
[36:56] | There weren’t any women in my corner of the Pacific. | 我待的那片地儿可没什么女人 |
[37:00] | Only nurses and they were off-limits. | 只有护士 而对我们来说她们都是禁区 |
[37:02] | Jesus h. You went through the entire war | 老天爷 你都经历了整个战争 |
[37:05] | and retained your virginity? | 居然还保留着处男之身吗 |
[37:09] | Well, your lonely nights are numbered, Gene. | 你的单身日子快到头了 小金 |
[37:11] | Every single girl in Mobile is out to land a fighting man. | 莫比尔的每个单身女孩都想嫁给军人 |
[37:14] | At the O.O.M. Ball, | 在化装舞会上 |
[37:16] | you’ll have a leg up on all those desk pilots. | 你可比那些办公室宅男更有优势 |
[37:19] | Who says I want a leg up on anybody? | 谁说我想比别人有优势了 |
[37:20] | You show up at that ball decked out in your uniform | 你就穿着制服在舞会上一亮相 |
[37:24] | and all the ripe fruit will fall off the tree right at your feet. | 那些漂亮姑娘自然会投怀送抱 |
[37:27] | You know, Edward, I don’t believe I will. | 跟你说吧 爱德华 我才不会那么做 |
[37:31] | You’re gonna pass on the O.O.M. Ball? | 你不打算参加化装舞会吗 |
[37:33] | No. I don’t believe I will ever put on a uniform again. | 不 我觉得我不会再穿制服了 |
[37:42] | Ever. | 再也不穿了 |
[37:48] | Not a lick of sense in you. | 我真是一点都搞不懂你 |
[38:07] | Registration? | 注册吗 |
[38:11] | That’s right, ’cause if you don’t do it, | 没错 要是你不这么做 |
[38:12] | they’re gonna make you get back in line again. | 就得重新申请了 |
[38:14] | Service number right here. | 这里填社保号码 |
[38:15] | 老兵咨询台 | |
[38:24] | If you could just head up back there, | 你能直接到后面去吗 |
[38:26] | that’d be great. Thank you. | 太感谢了 |
[38:29] | You’re looking to register for classes, Mr. Sledge? | 你想申请上学吗 斯拉齐先生 |
[38:33] | – I’m thinking about it. – Good choice. | -我是这么考虑 -不错的选择 |
[38:36] | Alabama Polytechnic is the best. | 亚拉巴马理工是这里最好的大学 |
[38:38] | Which branch did you serve in? | 你之前在哪支部队服役 |
[38:40] | I was in the marine corps, miss. | 海军陆战队 小姐 |
[38:43] | “U.S.M.C.” | “美国海军陆战队” |
[38:46] | And did you attend any special schools while in the marine corps? | 你在服役时上过特殊学校吗 |
[38:51] | Just boot camp. | 只参加过新兵训练营 |
[38:53] | Weapons school. | 还有军械学校 |
[38:55] | I was in a mortar squad. | 我当时在迫击炮班里 |
[38:57] | Okay. Did you do any accounting? | 好的 你当过会计吗 |
[39:00] | No, miss. | 没有 小姐 |
[39:02] | Any journalism? | 记者呢 |
[39:04] | None at all. | 从来没有 |
[39:06] | Any engineering, technical skills? | 掌握工程技能吗 |
[39:08] | I had to handle explosives. | 我对付过各种炸药 |
[39:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:15] | Isn’t there anything the marine corps taught you | 陆战队有没有教过你什么东西 |
[39:17] | that you can continue at ‘Bama Poly? | 能够申请阿拉巴马理工大学吗 |
[39:24] | They taught me how to kill Japs. | 我就学会了怎么杀鬼子 |
[39:29] | I got pretty damn good at it. | 这我他妈的还很擅长呢 |
[39:46] | – Oh, I just love this song. – I know. | -我真喜欢这首曲子 -我知道 |
[40:04] | Uh, excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[40:44] | I saw you making a break for it. | 我看见你想偷偷溜走 |
[40:48] | I thought you could use a punch properly spiked. | 来一杯潘趣酒吧 调得不错 |
[40:51] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[40:53] | Drink fast. If Mary catches us, | 喝快点儿 要是被玛丽发现 |
[40:56] | she’ll have me back inside dancing all night. | 她又要拽着我跳上个整晚了 |
[40:59] | You see that? | 看见吧 |
[41:01] | That’s why I’m still a bachelor. | 所以我才保持单身 |
[41:02] | I don’t dance until Eugene Sledge wants to dance. | 除非我想 不然我才不会跳舞 |
[41:14] | How did all this happen? | 这一切到底算什么 |
[41:18] | I mean look at us, sid, | 希德 看看我们 |
[41:22] | Sitting here at a dance, drinking punch. | 在这里跳舞喝酒 |
[41:24] | Not a scratch on either of us. | 身上一个印子都没有 |
[41:28] | I mean what the hell are we doing here? | 我们到底是干嘛来的 |
[41:33] | And why– why did I end up back here | 为什么这么多弟兄没撑过去 |
[41:36] | When all those other fellas didn’t? | 偏偏我就回来了 |
[41:41] | I thought that. | 我觉得吧 |
[41:44] | Every guy back has thought that. | 每个归来的老兵都这么想过 |
[41:51] | But you’ve just got to pull yourself out of bed in the morning | 太阳照常升起 |
[41:53] | And get on with the day. | 日子还得照样过 |
[41:57] | You do that enough times in a row, | 一来一去几下子 |
[41:59] | You forget some things. | 你自然就不会想这么多 |
[42:05] | For a while, anyway. | 至少能消停一段时间 |
[42:10] | – Sidney Phillips. – Yeah. | -希德尼·菲利普斯 -有 |
[42:13] | Will you get back in here and dance with the woman who loves you? | 把你的爱人晾在舞池里是什么意思 |
[42:16] | I’m coming, boss lady. | 这就来 少奶奶 |
[42:18] | Why don’t you come on in? I’ll wrangle you a partner. | 你也来吧 我给你找个伴 |
[42:22] | No. | 别 |
[42:25] | No. | 不用了 |
[42:51] | 陆军严阵以待铁路大罢工 | |
[42:52] | Look at these televisions. | 看看这些电视机 |
[42:54] | There isn’t but two hours of programs | 只有两小时的节目 |
[42:57] | and they’re asking $300 a set. | 居然要300刀一台 |
[43:00] | Sounds like the future to me. | 听着够科幻 |
[43:01] | I’m gonna run down to Murphy’s and buy one | 等我一攒够首付的钱 |
[43:03] | as soon as I have the money for a down payment. | 就去墨菲店里弄一台 |
[43:04] | On a reporter’s salary? | 就凭你个记者的工资也行? |
[43:06] | And how about this railroad strike? | 铁路大罢工的事如何了 |
[43:07] | It’s crippled traffic across the country. | 全国的交通都陷入瘫痪 |
[43:10] | Room on the table, please. | 劳驾清理下桌子好吗 |
[43:11] | – Well, how do they work? – Is that creamed spinach? | -电视机是啥原理 -那是奶油菠菜吗 |
[43:15] | The waves are collected by a receiver, | 天线接收器收信号 |
[43:17] | Shot through an electron gun onto a vacuum screen. | 通过电子枪打到真空荧屏上 |
[43:19] | Always with the answers. | 总是有求必答 |
[43:21] | It’s called a cathode ray tube. | 那叫阴极射线管 |
[43:24] | Those things heat up, you know… – Thank you. | -这东西会发热 -谢谢 |
[43:26] | – …catch on fire.. – So you think you’re going down | -会着火 -你觉得你这么一来 |
[43:28] | to Murphy’s to get yourself a television set? | 就能去墨菲店里扛台电视机回来吗 |
[43:30] | Well, there aren’t any. Nothing’s being delivered. | 实际上还没到货 什么都没有 |
[43:33] | Why creamed spinach? | 为毛是奶油菠菜 |
[43:35] | I think the Army should take over the railroads. | 我觉得陆军该来接管铁路交通 |
[43:37] | That’ll teach ’em. Right, Bob? | 给他们点颜色看看 是吧 博博 |
[43:39] | You know they transmit from the top of the empire state building? | 他们从帝国大厦顶上架天线发信号 |
[43:42] | I bet in five years everyone’s gonna want one. | 我敢打赌 过了五年就是人手一台 |
[43:45] | Steel workers and electrical workers are also on strike. | 钢铁工人和电工也罢工了 |
[43:48] | Who’s next? We just won the war | 接下来又是谁 才打赢场大仗 |
[43:50] | And now they’re holding us hostage. | 他们就又骑到我们头上 |
[43:52] | We didn’t fight for a bunch of greedy strikers. | 我们可不为这些贪婪的罢工份子流血 |
[43:55] | What did we fight for? | 那我们是为谁而战 |
[43:56] | I thought it was to beat the Japs and the Nazis. | 以前我是去杀鬼子 干纳粹 |
[43:59] | I’m just saying the country won’t survive these strikes. | 我是说这个国家经不起罢工折腾 |
[44:02] | Too bad we didn’t lose the war. | 那我们真该输掉这场战争 |
[44:03] | Then the japs would have all these problems. | 到时就轮到小鬼子头疼了 |
[44:05] | – Very funny. – Bod, we all appreciate | -不好笑 -博博 对于你们的付出 |
[44:08] | the sacrifice you made on our account. | 我们感激不尽 |
[44:11] | You know what I fought for? | 知道我为何而战吗 |
[44:17] | Television. | 电视机 |
[44:22] | Foddy, ask the blessings, please. | 小佛 该做祷告了 |
[44:28] | Our father | 我们在天上的父 |
[44:29] | Who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. | 愿您的名被尊为圣 |
[44:33] | Thy kingdom come, thy will be done | 愿您的国来临 |
[44:36] | On earth as it is in heaven. | 愿您的旨意承行於地 如於天 |
[44:40] | Give us this day our daily bread | 我们的日用粮 求您今日赐予我们 |
[44:42] | and forgive us our trespasses | 宽免我们的罪债 |
[44:43] | As we forgive those that trespass against us. | 犹如我们宽免亏负我们之人 |
[44:47] | Lead us not into temptation | 不要让我们陷入诱惑 |
[44:50] | But deliver us from evil. | 但救我们脱离那邪恶者 |
[44:52] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[44:54] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[44:58] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[45:44] | I thought we’d start at | 我们从那里开始如何 |
[45:45] | what’s left of that old fence down by the creek. | 就那条溪边的破栅栏 |
[46:07] | I’ve been looking forward to this morning for a long time. | 咱俩独处的大好晨光 |
[46:11] | Just the two of us and a grand morning. | 我可是期待已久啊 |
[46:31] | Eugene? | 尤金 |
[46:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[46:45] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[46:48] | It’s all right. | 乖 没事了 |
[46:55] | You don’t have to apologize to me, eugene. | 没必要跟我道歉 小金 |
[47:07] | I reckon the dove population | 这里的鸽子不会被打 |
[47:08] | is gonna be mighty happy this morning. | 今早算是有福了吧 |
[47:31] | Honestly, Eugene, | 说实话 尤金 |
[47:33] | You look like a gangster with those glasses on. | 你戴那副眼镜看起来像是道上混的 |
[47:41] | Your brother’s coming for supper this evening. | 你哥哥晚上回来吃晚饭 |
[47:44] | Evidently, he’s been named some kind of supervisor at the bank. | 据说他现在已是个银行主管 |
[47:50] | Better get our money out of that bank. | 那得赶紧把咱家的钱从那银行里弄出来 |
[47:55] | I’m sure Edward could arrange | 爱德华肯定能想办法 |
[47:57] | A starting position for you | 给你安排个职位 |
[47:59] | at the bank. | 在银行基层工作 |
[48:02] | I’m never going to work in a bank, mother. | 我死也不去银行上班 娘亲 |
[48:07] | Well, you need to make a plan for the future. | 你总得为自己的将来打算打算 |
[48:13] | My plan is to do nothing for a while. | 我打算这一阵子什么都不干 |
[48:16] | How long is “A while,” Eugene? | “一阵子”是指多久 尤金 |
[48:19] | Leave him alone, mary frank. | 不要烦他了 孩他妈 |
[48:24] | The boy is idle, Edward. | 这孩子怎么这么消沉 他爹 |
[48:26] | – He is not a boy. – well, he’s acting like one. | -他不是小孩了 -可他还耍孩子脾气 |
[48:30] | Mary frank, you have no idea | 孩子他娘 你是不会明白的 |
[48:33] | what men like him have been through. | 像他这样的男人都经历过些什么 |
[48:38] | Now go on. Let him be. | 走吧 让他清净会儿 |
[48:42] | 太平洋战争 剧终落帷幕 | |
[48:46] | 老兵永不死 世人存感心 | |
[48:51] | 时之所大幸 和平永留存 | |
[49:04] | 从瓜岛 贝里硫 到硫磺岛和冲绳 | |
[49:09] | 一路经历各种酸甜苦辣与艰难困苦 | |
[49:14] | 在此感谢从头到尾一起并肩作战的战友们 | |
[49:24] | 你们是我们如此坚持的最大动力 | |
[49:55] | 尤金·斯拉齐 | |
[50:07] | 战后取得生物学博士学位 | |
[50:07] | 执教于亚拉巴马的蒙特瓦罗大学 | |
[50:14] | 根据其战争中积存下来的笔记 | |
[50:14] | 终于1981年出版了他的回忆录 | |
[50:14] | 《贝里硫和冲绳岛上的老猎犬》 | |
[50:24] | 尤金逝世于2001年 | |
[50:24] | 留下遗孀 两个儿子以及三个孙子 | |
[50:30] | 罗博特·莱基 | |
[50:41] | 1948年与薇拉·凯勒完婚 | |
[50:41] | 后成为美联社通讯记者 | |
[50:47] | 一生著书四十多部 | |
[50:47] | 包括他的战斗回忆录 | |
[50:47] | 《我的头盔我的枕》 出版于1957年 | |
[50:54] | 于2001年逝世 | |
[50:58] | 留下遗孀 三个孩子 还有六个孙子 | |
[51:04] | 约翰·贝瑟隆 | |
[51:15] | 因其在硫磺岛的战功被追赠 | |
[51:15] | 海军十字勋章和紫心勋章 | |
[51:21] | 自1945年以来 | |
[51:21] | 就有以他形象发行的邮票 | |
[51:21] | 还有以他名字命名的轮船和高速公路 | |
[51:29] | 在约翰的家乡 新泽西的拉里坦 | |
[51:29] | 每年都有游行仪式以纪念这位英雄 | |
[51:36] | 蕾纳·贝瑟隆 | |
[51:46] | 在她32岁生日那天 | |
[51:46] | 被告知自己的丈夫阵亡于硫磺岛 | |
[51:53] | 他们刚结婚才7个月 | |
[51:58] | 此后她从未改嫁 直至1999年与世长辞 | |
[52:04] | “飞毛腿” 克鲁尼 | |
[52:14] | 1944年11月回到纽约州的水牛城 | |
[52:19] | 娶了自己的青梅竹马玛丽塔后 | |
[52:19] | 以卖汽车为生 一卖就是四十多年 | |
[52:26] | 逝世于1997年 留下遗孀 六个孩子 | |
[52:26] | 十一个孙子和九个曾孙 | |
[52:34] | “山地人” 比尔·史密斯 | |
[52:44] | 他挺过了贝里硫的战伤 | |
[52:48] | 回到家乡 印第安纳州的洛戈蒂 | |
[52:48] | 结了婚 还有了4个孩子 | |
[52:55] | 于1985年辞世 | |
[53:00] | “阿呆” 刘·约根斯 | |
[53:10] | 大战结束后第二周 | |
[53:10] | 于海军陆战队光荣退役 | |
[53:16] | 结了婚 在伊利诺斯的芝加哥 | |
[53:16] | 当了一名温控技师 | |
[53:21] | 直到他于1982年离世前 | |
[53:21] | 一直与莱基 克鲁尼和史密斯 | |
[53:21] | 保持亲密无间的来往 | |
[53:29] | “衰人” 莫里尔·谢尔顿 | |
[53:39] | 战后一直在路易斯安纳州做木材生意 | |
[53:39] | 结了婚 有两个儿子 | |
[53:45] | 此后35年都未曾与陆战队的同胞 | |
[53:45] | 有过联系 直到他看到尤金出版的 | |
[53:45] | 《贝里硫和冲绳岛上的老猎犬》 | |
[53:55] | 1993年 斯锤锤出席了他的葬礼 | |
[53:55] | 同时还是护柩人 | |
[54:01] | 比尔·莱顿 | |
[54:11] | 在冲绳岛受的伤痊愈后 | |
[54:11] | 他成了一名职业高尔夫球手 | |
[54:17] | 与其他老兵经常保持联系 | |
[54:17] | 包括尤金·斯拉齐 | |
[54:17] | 直到他于2008年辞世 | |
[54:24] | 修·里根 | |
[54:34] | 后被提升为上尉军衔 | |
[54:34] | 1944年尚驻于国内时 | |
[54:34] | 与伊丽莎白·文森特完婚 | |
[54:40] | 归队后上前线 | |
[54:40] | 1945年在冲绳岛负伤 战后夫妻二人 | |
[54:40] | 都住在纽约州的伊萨卡 | |
[54:40] | 直到其2005年离世 | |
[54:50] | “大鹅” 刘易斯·珀拉 | |
[55:00] | 海军陆战队史上战功最显赫的 | |
[55:00] | 人物之一 他的传奇生涯 | |
[55:00] | 从一战延续到朝鲜战场 | |
[55:09] | 于1955年退役 1971年逝世 | |
[55:15] | “小斯” 克里福德·埃文森 | |
[55:25] | 他在硫磺岛阵亡时 年仅17岁 | |
[55:31] | 恰克·塔图姆 | |
[55:41] | 因其在硫磺岛的出色表现 | |
[55:41] | 而荣获铜星勋章 | |
[55:46] | 战后他主要设计和制造赛车 | |
[55:46] | 现居于加州的斯托克顿 | |
[55:54] | 罗慕斯·瓦尔顿·布尔金 | |
[56:05] | 1947年与他的澳洲甜心弗洛伦斯 | |
[56:05] | 于德州的朱伊特完婚 育有四个女儿 | |
[56:11] | 直到今日 小布和弗洛伦斯 | |
[56:11] | 还把德州看作故乡 | |
[56:19] | 希德尼·菲利普斯 | |
[56:29] | 与其妻玛丽·休斯顿·菲利普斯 | |
[56:29] | 育有三个子女 | |
[56:33] | 希德后来成了一名医生 | |
[56:33] | 在亚拉巴马行医三十八年 | |
[56:41] | 在尤金余下的岁月里 | |
[56:41] | 希德一直是其最重要的挚友 | |
[56:46] | 希德至今依然健在 | |
[56:46] | 住在莫比尔郊外的一个小镇上 |