时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | From now on, you are no longer Lenny Belardo… | 从现在起 你不再是莱尼·伯拉多 |
[00:19] | You are Pope Pius XIII. | 你是庇护十三世教宗 |
[00:23] | Is the Pope thinking about his first homily? | 教宗是否在考虑他的第一次布道 |
[00:27] | It’s all I think about. I even dreamed about it. | 我满脑子想着这事 梦里都是它 |
[00:30] | Spencer… | 斯宾塞… |
[00:31] | would have been the right choice. | 本该是个正确的选择 |
[00:34] | Sister Mary took me into her orphanage when I was seven years old. | 玛丽修女在我七岁的时候收养了我 |
[00:38] | She will be my special assistant. | 她就是我的特别助理 |
[00:39] | And we’ll also look after you, Voiello. | 我们也会看管你 弗耶罗 |
[00:48] | It’s very difficult to keep anything secret here in the Vatican. | 在梵蒂冈 保密是很难的 |
[00:52] | Everything that is hidden from me | 一切对我隐藏的的秘密 |
[00:54] | sooner or later… | 早晚有一天… |
[00:58] | is revealed. | 终将暴露 |
[01:21] | Say something, Esther. | 说话 艾斯特 |
[01:22] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:24] | Say something else. | 说点别的 |
[01:27] | No. | 不要 |
[01:37] | You don’t love me. | 你不爱我 |
[01:41] | Yes, I do. | 我爱 |
[01:44] | But love’s not enough for you. | 可爱对你来说不够 |
[01:47] | Sex has its own rules. | 性爱有自己的规则 |
[01:52] | Sex only has one rule: | 性爱只有一条规则 |
[01:55] | Procreation. | 繁衍生育 |
[03:41] | No. | 不 |
[03:44] | Are you Sister Mary? | 你是玛丽修女吗 |
[03:46] | Never call me Sister Mary. Call me Ma. | 不要叫我玛丽修女 叫妈妈 |
[04:05] | You’ve aged, Andrew, but you kept your good looks. | 你老了 安德鲁 可还是很帅 |
[04:10] | You’ve aged too, Ma. But, you haven’t. | 你也老了 妈 美貌不再 |
[04:14] | I should have followed my instincts | 我就该听从直觉 |
[04:15] | and broken open the alms box | 把所有布施箱都敲碎 |
[04:17] | and then spent all that money on a good plastic surgeon. | 拿里面的钱去做整容手术 |
[04:20] | You ever regret becoming a nun? | 你有后悔过当修女吗 |
[04:23] | No. | 没有 |
[04:23] | If I hadn’t become a nun, | 如果我没当修女 |
[04:26] | I never would have raised my two precious jewels: | 就无法抚养我的两个珍宝 |
[04:28] | You and Lenny. | 你和莱尼 |
[04:32] | The Pope’s a jewel. | 教宗才是珍宝 |
[04:33] | I’m just a bungling missionary priest. | 我不过是个无能的传教士 |
[04:35] | You’re both jewels, Andrew. And besides, you’re a cardinal. | 你们都是珍宝 安德鲁 你是枢机 |
[04:40] | Yeah. Which means nothing. | 什么都不是 |
[04:42] | Absolutely nothing. | 毫无意义 |
[04:44] | But we’re not here to talk about me, Ma. | 现在不该谈我的事 妈 |
[04:47] | How is our Pope? | 我们的教宗怎么样 |
[04:49] | In seventh heaven. | 高兴得很 |
[04:50] | In seventh heaven, right. | 当然高兴 |
[04:53] | I mean, who would have ever imagined | 谁能想到有一天 |
[04:56] | that Lenny would become Pope? | 莱尼会成为教宗 |
[04:58] | Me. | 我 |
[05:02] | I should go now. | 我该走了 |
[05:03] | Never a good idea for a nun to be in a cardinal’s room. | 修女待在枢机的房间里可不太好 |
[05:07] | Well, if you see our Pope, tell him to hurry up | 如果你看到教宗 提醒他快点 |
[05:10] | and give his address because I would like | 首次致辞结束后 |
[05:12] | to get back to my good works. | 我就要回去做我的善事了 |
[05:15] | Or bad ones. | 或者恶事 |
[05:16] | That remains to be seen. | 现在还不知道 |
[05:20] | Don’t you like it here? | 你不喜欢这吗 |
[05:23] | This place smells like incense and death. | 这里充斥着神圣的香味 死气沉沉 |
[05:26] | I prefer the smell of shit and life. | 我更喜欢臭气熏天却生机勃勃 |
[05:30] | You haven’t changed at all, I see. | 你真是一点也没变 |
[05:33] | And you, Ma? | 你呢 妈 |
[05:35] | Will you change? | 你会变吗 |
[05:37] | Now that you’ve become a powerful woman? | 你现在是有权势的人了 |
[05:46] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[05:50] | I don’t know if it’s a good idea, Sofia. | 我觉得这不是个好主意 索菲亚 |
[05:53] | I’m afraid it’s premature. | 还不太成熟 |
[05:54] | Premature, Your Eminence? | 不成熟 主教大人 |
[05:56] | The time it takes to develop and update the merchandise, | 研发和更新商品要花很多时间 |
[05:59] | it means we have to move right away, | 我们必须现在开始 |
[06:01] | before the fakes start appearing. | 不然赝品就要出现了 |
[06:03] | Crooks are always so much faster. | 骗子的行动比我们快得多 |
[06:05] | Who knows how they do it? | 谁知道他们怎么做的 |
[06:06] | Criminal organizations are faster | 犯罪集团更快 |
[06:07] | because they don’t forgive inefficiency. | 是因为他们不容忍低效率 |
[06:09] | At the risk of seeming too materialistic, Your Eminence, | 可能听起来会太物质 主教大人 |
[06:12] | do you know how much the Vatican coffers lose for every day that passes | 新教宗的周边产品晚一天上市 |
[06:16] | without any new papal merchandizing on the market? | 你知道梵蒂冈国库要亏损多少吗 |
[06:19] | Not exactly. | 不清楚 |
[06:27] | Now do you understand why I need | 你现在懂我为什么 |
[06:28] | the Holy Father’s immediate approval? | 需要立刻得到圣父的同意了吗 |
[06:31] | Yes, I do. But you don’t know him. | 我懂 但你不了解他 |
[06:33] | And believe me, he’s not an easy one. | 相信我 他不好对付 |
[06:37] | He’s a difficult, unpredictable man. | 他很执拗 不好捉摸 |
[06:39] | So? I’m a difficult, unpredictable woman. | 所以呢 我也是个执拗不好捉摸的人 |
[06:42] | True. Which is precisely why I’m worried. | 没错 所以才让我担心啊 |
[06:44] | Let me handle it. | 让我来处理 |
[06:45] | You’ll see. It’ll go fine. | 我可以解决的 |
[06:47] | Help us, Pipita. | 帮帮我们 小烟枪[伊瓜因 阿根廷裔足球运动员] |
[06:50] | Who’s Saint Pipita? | 小烟枪是哪位圣徒 |
[06:51] | He’s not a saint. | 他不是圣徒 |
[06:52] | He’s the center forward for Napoli. | 他是那不勒斯队的核心 |
[06:56] | What a lame joke. | 这笑话也太蹩脚了吧 |
[06:57] | I see you’ve lost your optimism | 我看你已经失去了乐观精神 |
[06:59] | along with your sense of humor, Eminence. | 和幽默感 主教大人 |
[07:01] | A sense of humor is irrelevant for the Secretary of State. | 当国务卿不需要幽默感 |
[07:25] | May I smoke as well, Holy Father? | 我也能吸烟吗 圣父 |
[07:28] | Unfortunately not. | 不好意思 不行 |
[07:29] | His Holiness John Paul II, in his day, forbade it. | 教宗约翰·保罗二世在位时颁布的禁令 |
[07:37] | May I tell you something, Holy Father? | 那我能跟您说件事吗 圣父 |
[07:40] | That’s why we’re here. | 所以我们不是在这吗 |
[07:41] | With all due respect, seen from up close, | 恕我直言 这么近看您 |
[07:44] | you are an extraordinarily handsome man. | 您实在是非常英俊 |
[07:49] | I had asked to meet the Prefect | 我要求过最先会见 |
[07:51] | for the Congregation for the Clergy before anyone else. | 圣职部的部长 |
[07:54] | And you, I think it’s safe to deduce, | 我敢说你应该 |
[07:57] | are not the Prefect for the Congregation of the Clergy. | 不是圣职部的部长 |
[08:00] | No, but I would like to be. | 我不是 可我愿意担任 |
[08:02] | So would I. | 我也是 |
[08:04] | But they made me Pope instead. | 但他们反而让我当教宗了 |
[08:08] | I’m in charge of marketing here in Vatican City. | 我负责梵蒂冈城的市场营销 |
[08:11] | Did you study marketing in college? | 你大学是学这个的吗 |
[08:13] | At Harvard, to be precise. | 确切点说 是在哈佛 |
[08:15] | Don’t sound so cocky. | 别这么自负 |
[08:16] | The word “Harvard” may impress people around here, | “哈佛”能让这儿的人惊叹 |
[08:18] | but to an American, it means one thing only: Decline. | 但对于美国人而言 哈佛只意味着衰落 |
[08:23] | Did you know that when the Archbishop of Boston would visit Harvard, | 你知道吗 波士顿大主教要参观哈佛的时候 |
[08:27] | he would boast to everyone | 他向所有人炫耀 |
[08:28] | that he never washed his feet? | 说他再也不洗脚了 |
[08:31] | It was public knowledge. | 大家都知道了 |
[08:32] | And at Easter, at the washing of the feet, | 到了复活节洗脚礼的时候 |
[08:35] | everyone was terrified | 大家都害怕 |
[08:37] | that the Archbishop of Boston might be chosen. | 波士顿大主教会被选中去洗脚 |
[08:40] | As soon as I became his superior, | 我刚成为他的上级 |
[08:41] | I sent him three envelopes. | 就给他寄了三封信 |
[08:43] | In the first was a letter transferring him to Alaska. | 第一份信把他调到阿拉斯加 |
[08:47] | In the second was some soap. | 第二封信里放了个香皂 |
[08:48] | And in the third, a notecard on which I’d written, “Choose.” | 第三封信里 我放了张卡片 写着”选吧” |
[08:52] | And what did he choose? | 他选了什么 |
[08:53] | – The soap. – I imagined. | -香皂 -我想也是 |
[08:55] | Right, but what you couldn’t possibly have imagined | 没错 但你绝对想不到 |
[08:57] | was the fourth letter I sent him. | 我给他的第四封信写了什么 |
[09:00] | “Excellent choice, Archbishop,” I wrote. | “绝妙的选择 大主教” 我写道 |
[09:03] | “You’ll find plenty of water in Alaska.” | “阿拉斯加有的是水让你洗” |
[09:07] | A most edifying anecdote, Holy Father. | 真是启迪人心的趣事 圣父 |
[09:10] | But I don’t want to waste your time, | 但我不想浪费您的时间 |
[09:11] | so let me come right to the point of my visit. | 所以我就直接说重点了 |
[09:14] | – Please. – As you know, Your Holiness, | -请讲 -如您所知 教宗陛下 |
[09:15] | the Vatican holds a monopoly on the production | 梵蒂冈对所有带有教宗照片的商品 |
[09:18] | of any and all merchandise with an image of the Pope on it. | 都有着绝对垄断权 |
[09:21] | Today’s papal turnover requires us | 如今教宗换任 |
[09:23] | to come up with new designs, | 我们要设计新的样式 |
[09:25] | which we will then need to get into production as quickly as possible. | 尽快投入生产 |
[09:29] | All those items with the Holy Father’s picture on them, | 印有教宗照片的商品 |
[09:31] | which the faithful just love | 是信徒们的最爱 |
[09:33] | and which make up a sizeable slice of the Vatican budget. | 也是梵蒂冈预算的一个重大来源 |
[09:36] | I see. Go on. | 我明白 请继续说 |
[09:38] | What would be required, then, is a brief photo shoot, | 现在需要您简单地拍张照片 |
[09:41] | which will then enable us to get into production as soon as possible a series of items | 让我们尽快投入生产 |
[09:45] | displaying Your Holiness’ picture: | 印有教宗陛下的照片的 |
[09:47] | Key chains, postcards, ashtrays, | 钥匙链 明信片 烟灰缸 |
[09:49] | lighters, picture cards, plates… | 打火机 图册 盘子… |
[09:51] | – Plates? – Yes, of course, Holy Father. | -盘子 -是的 圣父 |
[09:54] | Plates too. | 还有盘子 |
[09:55] | In addition to the usual plastic plates, | 除了那些卖五欧元的 |
[09:58] | which sell for 5 euro, | 普通塑料盘子 |
[09:59] | we were thinking of something more refined. | 我们还在考虑制作一些更精美的商品 |
[10:02] | It occurred to us that we might commission a special plate from Vietri, in Campania. | 我们可以从坎帕尼亚区的艾特里定制一批特殊的盘子 |
[10:09] | The craftsmen there do the most marvelous decorations. | 那儿的工匠能做出最精美的装饰品 |
[10:11] | So naturally, we were thinking of creating | 我们自然就想到了 |
[10:15] | a plate with your portrait right in the center, | 一种正中心带有您肖像的盘子 |
[10:18] | painted by the very best Vietri craftsmen. | 由顶级的艾特里工匠绘制 |
[10:21] | Nice. How much would they sell for? | 很好 你们打算以什么价格出售 |
[10:24] | 45 euro, at least. | 至少45欧元 |
[10:26] | A reasonable price. | 价格很合理 |
[10:27] | I would say so, considering that we’re talking about craftsmanship, Holy Father. | 我也觉得 毕竟这可是手工艺品 圣父 |
[10:32] | Handmade, not some cheap factory production. | 手工制作 不是那些便宜工厂货 |
[10:36] | Perhaps we could send one to all the heads of state. | 也许我们该给每个国家元首赠送一个 |
[10:40] | An excellent idea, Your Eminence. | 好主意 主教大人 |
[10:44] | Good. Very good. | 很好 非常好 |
[10:47] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[10:48] | – Good. – Very good. | -很好 -非常好 |
[10:49] | – Yes, very, very, good. – Very, very good. | -非常非常好 -非常非常好 |
[10:52] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:57] | Wait a minute. I’ll be right back. | 等一下 我马上回来 |
[10:59] | Good. | 好的 |
[11:08] | Where did he go? | 他去哪里了 |
[11:09] | To get a gun, I imagine. | 去拿枪吧 我猜 |
[11:11] | Come on. It went fine. | 拜托 明明很顺利 |
[11:31] | Do you see this plate, ma’am? | 你看到这个盘子了吗 女士 |
[11:34] | Yes, of course I see it. | 是的 我当然看见了 |
[11:35] | Good. | 很好 |
[11:37] | This is the sort of merchandise I’m prepared to authorize. | 这就是我准备授权的商品 |
[11:42] | But it doesn’t have your image on it. | 但这没有您的肖像 |
[11:44] | I do not have an image, my good lady, | 我没有肖像 女士 |
[11:46] | because I am no one. | 因为我不存在 |
[11:48] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[11:50] | No one. | 我不存在 |
[11:52] | Only Christ exists. | 存在的只有基督 |
[11:54] | Only Christ. | 只有基督 |
[11:56] | And I am not worth 45 or even 5 euros. | 而我也不值45欧元 5欧元都不值 |
[12:00] | I am worth nothing. | 我一文不值 |
[12:04] | I-I don’t understand, Holy Father. | 我 我不明白 圣父 |
[12:06] | Of course you don’t. | 你当然不懂 |
[12:07] | Because, as you said earlier, you studied at Harvard. | 因为 正如你之前说的 你毕业于哈佛 |
[12:11] | And Harvard is a place in decline | 而哈佛正在衰落 |
[12:14] | where you are taught to lower yourselves. | 在那里你只能学会自我堕落 |
[12:16] | Whereas here in the Vatican, | 而这是梵蒂冈 |
[12:19] | we try to elevate ourselves. | 我们要实现自我升华 |
[12:22] | Who exactly is in charge | 到底是谁在管理 |
[12:24] | of curating the image of the Pope? | 教宗的形象呢 |
[12:26] | The Secretary of State entrusted that delicate task to me, Holy Father. | 国务卿主教将这一重任托付于我了 圣父 |
[12:30] | – Two years ago. – Very good. | -从两年前开始 -非常好 |
[12:32] | And now I’m gonna tell you what you, | 现在我来告诉你 |
[12:34] | as curator of the image of the Holy Father, are gonna do. | 你究竟要如何管理圣父的形象 |
[12:37] | You are gonna fire | 立即解雇 |
[12:38] | the Vatican’s official photographer immediately. | 梵蒂冈的官方摄影师 |
[12:41] | No photographs of the Pope are to be issued. | 禁止发布教宗的照片 |
[12:45] | Just as there were none when I was a cardinal or a bishop. | 我做主教和枢机时也没有照片 |
[12:48] | Do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[12:49] | I never allowed my picture to be taken. | 我从来不允许别人给我拍照 |
[12:52] | And when someone managed to sneak a photograph of me, | 如果有人设法偷拍到我 |
[12:55] | I always bought them up before they could be published. | 我总会在他们发布照片之前把照片买下来 |
[12:58] | Now that I think about it, | 如今看来 |
[12:59] | I’ve been training my whole life to be an invisible Pope. | 我一生都在训练自己做个隐形的教宗 |
[13:02] | And so for my first address, you will see to it | 而且在首次致辞期间 |
[13:04] | that the lighting is so dim, no photographer, | 你要确保光线昏暗 没有摄影 |
[13:07] | no TV cameraman, and not even the faithful | 没有电视录像 即使是信徒 |
[13:10] | will see anything of me but a dark shadow. | 也只能看到一片阴影 |
[13:13] | My silhouette. | 我的剪影 |
[13:14] | They will not see me because I do not exist. | 他们不会看到我 因为我不存在 |
[13:18] | If I may, Holy Father, | 恕我冒昧 圣父 |
[13:19] | what you are proposing is nothing short of suicide. | 您的提议简直等于自杀 |
[13:22] | Media suicide. | 媒体自杀 |
[13:23] | Media suicide, you say? | 你觉得这是媒体自杀 |
[13:27] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:29] | Now try to keep up with me if you can. | 现在请你尽量跟上我的思路 |
[13:31] | I’m right with you, Holy Father. | 我一直跟着呢 圣父 |
[13:33] | Good. Okay, so who is the most important author of the last 20 years? | 很好 谁是过去20年里最重要的作家 |
[13:38] | Careful now. Not the best. | 仔细想想 不是最杰出 |
[13:41] | Virtuosity is for the arrogant. | 技巧精湛不过是一种傲慢 |
[13:43] | The most important. | 我问的是最重要的 |
[13:45] | The author who sparked so much morbid curiosity | 因为闪现了病态的好奇心 |
[13:48] | that he became the most important? | 而成为了最重要的作家 |
[13:53] | I-I wouldn’t know. I’d say Philip Roth. | 我不知道 也许是菲利普·罗素 |
[13:55] | No. Salinger. | 不 是塞林格 |
[13:58] | The most important film director? | 最重要的电影导演呢 |
[14:00] | – Spielberg. – No, Kubrick. | -斯皮尔伯格 -不 是库布里克 |
[14:02] | Contemporary artist? | 当代艺术家呢 |
[14:04] | Um, Jeff Koons. Or Marina Abramovic. | 杰夫·昆斯 或者玛丽娜·阿布拉莫维奇 |
[14:06] | Banksy. Electronic music group? | 是班克斯 电子音乐组合呢 |
[14:09] | I don’t know the first thing about electronic music. | 我对电子音乐一无所知 |
[14:12] | You say Harvard is a good university. | 你还说哈佛是最好的大学 |
[14:15] | Anyway, Daft Punk. | 无论如何 是蠢朋克 |
[14:17] | The best Italian female vocalist? | 最好的意大利女歌手是谁 |
[14:21] | Mina? | 米娜 |
[14:23] | Now do you know what it is, | 现在你明白我意思了 |
[14:26] | what the invisible red thread that connects them all? | 是什么无形的线把他们连在一起 |
[14:29] | All these most important figures in their respective fields? | 这些在各自领域里最重要的人 |
[14:33] | None of them let themselves be seen. | 他们都不会现身 |
[14:36] | None of them let themselves be photographed. | 他们都从不拍照 |
[14:41] | But you are not an artist, Holy Father. | 但您不是艺术家 圣父 |
[14:44] | You are a head of state. | 您是一国元首 |
[14:47] | Yes, of a city-state so small, | 对 一个城邦之国 |
[14:50] | it has no outlet to the sea. | 出海口都没有的弹丸之地 |
[14:53] | And in order to survive, | 为了生存 |
[14:55] | its leader has to make himself as unreachable as a rock star. | 一国之首必须像摇滚明星一样遥不可及 |
[15:00] | The Vatican survives thanks to hyperbole. | 梵蒂冈的存活 仰赖着华而不实 |
[15:03] | So we… we shall generate hyperbole. | 所以我们… 应该制造浮夸之像 |
[15:07] | But this time in reverse. | 不过这次要背道而驰 |
[15:10] | I’m beginning to get your point, Holy Father. | 我开始明白你的意思了 圣父 |
[15:14] | Yes, not only am I beginning to get it. | 是 我不仅开始明白 |
[15:17] | I’m beginning to like it too. | 也开始喜欢了 |
[15:20] | Good. Very good. | 好 很好 |
[15:49] | A British newspaper got the scoop with the headline, | 一家英国报纸登了独家新闻 标题为 |
[15:53] | “The Pope Smokes.” | “教宗是个老烟枪” |
[15:56] | And this is how the world responded. | 得到了这样的反响 |
[16:58] | “Dear Pope, what do I have to do to believe in God? | “亲爱的教宗 我该怎么才能信仰上帝呢 |
[17:02] | Tommy, Amarillo, Texas.” | 得克萨斯州阿马里洛的汤米” |
[17:06] | I want us to write back to all the children. | 我希望给所有孩子回信 |
[17:09] | Of course, Holy Father. | 当然可以 圣父 |
[17:11] | And how would you respond to this child, Eminence? | 你要怎么回复这个孩子 主教 |
[17:15] | I… | 我… |
[17:16] | You’d write back and say, | 你要这么回信 |
[17:18] | “Dear Tommy, think of all the things you like. | “亲爱的汤米 想想你喜欢的一切 |
[17:25] | There. That’s what God is.” | 上帝就在那里” |
[17:30] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[17:31] | There are mice in here. | 这儿有老鼠 |
[17:36] | That’s no mouse. | 那不是老鼠 |
[17:57] | A gift from the Australian foreign minister, Holy Father. | 这是澳大利亚外交部长的礼物 圣父 |
[18:00] | We thought we would donate it to the biopark. | 我们打算将其捐赠给生物园 |
[18:03] | What do you mean, “biopark”? | “生物园”是什么意思 |
[18:05] | The zoo. | 动物园 |
[18:07] | Not on your life. | 绝对不行 |
[18:37] | You can come out, sweetie. | 你可以出来了 亲爱的 |
[19:23] | We’ll set him free in the gardens. | 把它养在花园里 |
[19:39] | Do you intend to follow me even in my more private moments? | 这么私人的时间你也要跟着我吗 |
[19:42] | I wasn’t following you. | 我没跟着你 |
[19:43] | I, too, enjoy communing with nature. | 我也喜欢与自然交流 |
[19:46] | Well, what do you know? | 真神奇啊 |
[19:48] | Just one day, and we’ve already discovered | 短短一天 我们已经发现 |
[19:51] | we have something in common. | 彼此间的共同点了 |
[19:53] | Don’t be funny with me. | 别跟我开玩笑 |
[19:54] | I’ve never been more serious, | 我非常认真 |
[19:57] | and worried, | 以及担忧 |
[19:59] | about the Pope. | 担忧教宗 |
[20:03] | The Pope is a saint. | 教宗是圣徒 |
[20:05] | Let him be the one to worry about you. | 还是让他来为你担忧吧 |
[20:07] | Yes, I’ve been told | 是的 我听说 |
[20:09] | he chats with the kangaroos. | 他能和袋鼠交谈 |
[20:11] | A Saint Francis of Sydney. | 是悉尼的圣方济各 |
[20:14] | By “saint,” I don’t mean a good man. | 我称他”圣徒” 不是指他是好人 |
[20:16] | I mean he’s literally a saint. | 他真的是位圣徒 |
[20:19] | The Holy Father and you would do well to be a little more humble. | 圣父和你要是能谦逊一点就好了 |
[20:23] | The Vatican is a state. | 梵蒂冈是个国家 |
[20:25] | There is politics, finances. | 有政治 有财政 |
[20:28] | There are delicate balances | 有微妙的平衡 |
[20:30] | and grave dangers if those balances are upset. | 如果失衡会带来严重的危险 |
[20:34] | Yes, but there are also lobbies, internal tensions, | 是的 但也有游说 内部压力 |
[20:39] | scandals, vendettas, and threats. | 丑闻 仇杀和威胁 |
[20:42] | All of this the Holy Father understands only too well, Your Eminence. | 圣父对这些了如指掌 主教大人 |
[20:46] | His bizarre refusal to show himself in public is just crazy. | 他竟然拒绝公开露面 真是疯了 |
[20:50] | To reveal his eyes right now… | 现在就展露他的双眸… |
[20:55] | Might be too much. | 可能会难以承受 |
[20:58] | Too much for the world. | 世界会难以承受 |
[21:00] | I’m afraid I don’t follow you. | 恐怕我无法理解 |
[21:02] | You will one day. | 总有一天你会的 |
[21:04] | At any rate, let me reassure you that we intend to tackle | 无论如何 我向你保证 我们会一个个地 |
[21:07] | all of the concerns that you have raised, one by one. | 解决你提出的所有问题 |
[21:10] | We? Who’s we? | 我们 我们是谁 |
[21:13] | You and the Pope? | 你和教宗吗 |
[21:15] | Do we have two Popes now? | 我们现在有两个教宗了吗 |
[21:17] | We also intend to tackle the question | 我们也打算解决 |
[21:19] | of the Cardinal Secretary of State. | 国务卿主教任命的问题 |
[21:23] | It’s a good thing you’ve come, Sister Mary. | 你能来真好 玛丽修女 |
[21:27] | I was getting bored. | 原本我都无聊了 |
[21:29] | I must admit, you’re a first-class adversary. | 不得不承认 你是一流的对手 |
[21:32] | At any rate, here is the address I wrote for him. | 无论如何 这是我为他写的致辞稿 |
[21:36] | I worked on it all night long. | 花了我一整晚 |
[21:39] | It’s a good address. | 这是份很好的致辞搞 |
[21:41] | It’s well-balanced and prudent | 不偏不倚 谨慎稳妥 |
[21:43] | and takes account of various positions. | 全面考虑了多方立场 |
[21:46] | It’s diplomatic, in other words. | 换句话说 这是篇外交辞令 |
[21:48] | Haven’t you realized the Pope is indifferent to diplomacy? | 你没意识到 教宗对外交漠不关心吗 |
[21:52] | Yes, and wrongly so. | 对 但这是错误的 |
[21:54] | We are an anomalous state, | 我们是个不寻常的国家 |
[21:57] | and diplomacy is the only thing we have, | 除了少数建筑物和一些艺术品 |
[22:00] | other than a handful of buildings and some works of art. | 我们就只剩外交了 |
[22:05] | Let me say again, it’s a good address. | 容我再说一遍 这是份很好的致辞稿 |
[22:08] | I have infused it with all my commitment, all my passion. | 我将全部的责任感和热情倾注其中 |
[22:17] | Have you already seen Dussolier? | 你见过杜索利埃了吗 |
[22:19] | No. Not yet. | 没 还没 |
[22:23] | Do you have any ideas for your first address? | 你对你的首次致辞有想法吗 |
[22:28] | Because you could ask Spencer for advice. | 你可以向斯宾塞寻求建议 |
[22:31] | I don’t need Spencer’s advice. | 我不需要斯宾塞的建议 |
[22:38] | That incident today | 今天的事 |
[22:40] | with this kangaroo… | 那只袋鼠… |
[22:42] | Stop it. It was nothing. | 别说了 不是什么大事 |
[22:45] | – Just chance. – Okay, just chance. | -只是碰巧 -好吧 只是碰巧 |
[22:49] | And the time when we were… | 还有那次 我们… |
[22:50] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[24:58] | “My dear faithful ones, | “我亲爱的信徒们 |
[25:00] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我来晚了 |
[25:04] | Laughter from the audience. | 此处有观众笑声 |
[25:08] | But here I am. | 但我来了 |
[25:10] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[25:12] | Only don’t look at me. | 但不要只看着我 |
[25:15] | Look up. | 向上看 |
[25:18] | The Pope points to the sky and the stars. | 教宗指向天空与星星 |
[25:24] | Do you see the sky? | 你们看到天空了吗 |
[25:27] | Do you see God? | 你们看到上帝了吗 |
[25:30] | No? You don’t see Him? | 没有吗 你们没看到上帝吗 |
[25:34] | No matter. | 没关系 |
[25:38] | Now look at the person next to you. | 现在看向你身旁的人 |
[25:41] | Look joyfully upon him | 满怀喜悦地看着他 |
[25:44] | and remember what Saint Augustine said: | 记住圣奥古斯丁所说的话 |
[25:48] | ‘If you want to see God… | ‘若想见上帝… |
[25:52] | You have the means to do it. | 人皆有办法 |
[25:56] | God is love.'” | 上帝即是爱'” |
[26:29] | Thank you, Sister Mary. | 谢谢你 玛丽修女 |
[26:39] | So I finally get to meet the Prefect | 所以 我终于见到了 |
[26:42] | for the Congregation for the Clergy. | 圣职部的部长 |
[26:46] | I’ve been anxious to see you. | 我迫不及待想见你 |
[26:49] | Here I am, Holy Father. | 我来了 圣父 |
[26:55] | Did you vote for me in the conclave, Your Eminence? | 你在选举会议中给我投票了吗 部长大人 |
[27:01] | Not even once. | 一次都没有 |
[27:03] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[27:07] | Even though I don’t know your ideas… | 即使我不了解您的想法… |
[27:10] | In truth, no one does… | 事实上 没人了解… |
[27:12] | You are a pupil of Cardinal Spencer. | 您是斯宾塞枢机的徒弟 |
[27:15] | Cardinal Spencer is a conservative… | 斯宾塞枢机是保守派… |
[27:17] | A moderate one but a conservative nonetheless. | 尽管温和 但还是保守派 |
[27:23] | I am not a conservative. | 我不是保守派 |
[27:26] | I figured that you were probably a conservative as well. | 我认为您可能也是保守派 |
[27:32] | Are you, Holy Father? | 您是吗 圣父 |
[27:35] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[27:40] | I think that if the name you have chosen, | 我觉得 如果您选择的名号 |
[27:44] | Pius XIII, | 庇护十三世 |
[27:46] | is intended to signal a continuity with Pius XII, | 意在承袭庇护十二世 |
[27:52] | then there is reason for concern. | 那我的忧虑是有道理的 |
[27:56] | Let’s not forget that Pius XI considered Mussolini | 别忘了 庇护十一世视墨索里尼 |
[27:59] | to be a man of Divine Providence. | 为承载神意之人 |
[28:04] | At any rate, the College of Cardinals was very rash | 无论如何 枢机团非常轻率地 |
[28:06] | to elect a Pontiff whose ideas and… orientation they did not know. | 选出了主教 却连他的思想… 和主张都不知道 |
[28:17] | I agree with you. | 我同意你的看法 |
[28:19] | It was rash. | 是很轻率 |
[28:21] | At any rate, Holy Father, | 无论如何 圣父 |
[28:23] | please don’t take this as a criticism | 请不要认为这是批评 |
[28:26] | or think that this will, in any way, dampen my obedience. | 这对我的忠顺也没有一丝一毫的影响 |
[28:31] | You ask me a question. | 您问了我一个问题 |
[28:33] | I consider it my duty to respond truthfully. | 我认为如实回答是我的责任 |
[28:39] | I appreciate your sincerity. | 感谢你的真诚 |
[28:47] | I’m gonna ask you another question, | 我要再问你一个问题 |
[28:50] | and you will grant me the courtesy | 希望你仍然可以 |
[28:51] | of another sincere answer. | 真诚地回答 |
[28:54] | Of course, Holy Father. | 当然 圣父 |
[29:02] | Are you homosexual, Your Eminence? | 你是同性恋吗 主教大人 |
[29:32] | Yes, Holy Father. | 是的 圣父 |
[30:01] | Time for your snack, Holy Father. | 您的点心时间到了 圣父 |
[30:10] | My snack? | 我的点心 |
[30:10] | Yes, Holy Father. Your snack. | 是的 圣父 您的点心 |
[30:14] | Right. That’s what she calls it. | 对 她爱这么说 |
[30:19] | I have to have my snack now. | 我现在要吃点心了 |
[30:25] | Good-bye, Your Eminence. | 再见 主教大人 |
[30:37] | I saw Sister Mary coming out of Cardinal Dussolier’s room. | 我看到玛丽修女从杜索利埃枢机的房间出来 |
[30:43] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[30:46] | People are saying that Sister Mary is the real Pope, | 有人议论 玛丽修女才是真正的教宗 |
[30:49] | not you. | 而不是您 |
[30:51] | Who’s saying that? | 谁说的 |
[30:53] | Cardinal Ozolins. | 欧左林斯枢机 |
[30:55] | He’s heard it said that Sister Mary uses “we” | 在谈论教宗时 他听到 |
[30:59] | when she talks about the Pope. | 玛丽修女用了”我们”一词 |
[31:01] | “We will do. We will tackle.” | “我们会做 我们会处理” |
[31:04] | I overheard him talking to the Vatican Secretary of State. | 我无意中听到他和国务卿交谈 |
[31:11] | He said. | 他这样说道 |
[31:13] | How did the Vatican Secretary of State react? | 国务卿是怎么回答的 |
[31:17] | He was impassive. | 他无动于衷 |
[31:20] | He is a clever devil, that one. | 他是个奸诈的恶魔 |
[31:22] | But it’s a lie, what Ozolins says. | 但欧左林斯枢机说的不对 |
[31:26] | It is a lie… | 大错特错… |
[31:29] | Isn’t it, Holy Father? | 对吗 圣父 |
[31:32] | Of course it’s a lie. | 当然不对 |
[31:34] | A woman will never become the Pope. | 女人永远无法成为教宗 |
[31:38] | I am the Pope. | 我才是教宗 |
[31:44] | Good morning, Mrs. Patane. | 早上好 帕塔内太太 |
[31:47] | Good morning, Cardinal Ozolins. | 早上好 欧左林斯枢机 |
[31:54] | This office is falling apart. | 这间办公室越来越破了 |
[31:56] | I’m quite fed up. | 我真是受够了 |
[31:58] | Give me a hand, Mrs. Patane. | 请帮我一下 帕塔内太太 |
[32:00] | How many times have I said it needs to be renovated? | 我说过多少次办公室需要翻修了 |
[32:04] | Here you are. What alacrity. | 你来了 真是及时 |
[32:10] | It’s enough to raise one’s voice around here | 在这地方只要喊一嗓子 |
[32:13] | for things to get resolved. | 事情就能解决 |
[32:15] | The door won’t open. | 门打不开 |
[32:29] | How can I thank you, Holy Father, | 感激不尽 圣父 |
[32:32] | for having entrusted the Vatican Museums to me? | 感谢您把梵蒂冈博物馆托付给我 |
[32:39] | There’s no need to thank me. | 不用谢我 |
[32:47] | What made you enter the Church, Your Eminence? | 你为何会进入教会 主教大人 |
[32:52] | Life is so short. | 生命如此短暂 |
[32:54] | I decided to opt for eternity. | 我选择追寻永恒 |
[33:04] | Did you receive your calling as an adult? | 你在成年后受到了感召吗 |
[33:06] | No, I heard the call. | 不 我听到召唤时 |
[33:11] | Right here. | 就在这里 |
[33:14] | When I was 16. | 我16岁 |
[33:18] | Right here, | 就在这里 |
[33:23] | where May afternoons land. | 五月的午后降临 |
[33:29] | That light spoke to me and said, | 那束光对我说 |
[33:34] | “Be calm, Bernardo. | “平静 伯纳多 |
[33:36] | Be calm.” | 平静” |
[33:39] | The boy had become a man. | 这个男孩已经成为男人 |
[33:43] | My mother, my father, | 我的母亲 父亲 |
[33:45] | they were here with me. | 他们当时和我在一起 |
[33:47] | They looked at me, | 他们看着我 |
[33:49] | but they were no longer themselves. | 但他们不再是自己 |
[33:54] | I was no longer myself. | 我亦不再是我自己 |
[33:59] | “Where do afternoons land?” | “午后降临何处” |
[34:03] | the voice of conscience asked. | 良知之声这样问我 |
[34:10] | “They land here,” I replied. | “他们降临于此” 我回答道 |
[34:15] | And the voice responded calmly, | 那个声音平静地回应 |
[34:20] | “Yes, it’s true. | “是的 没错 |
[34:27] | But I will continue to protect the boy.” | 但是我将继续保护这个男孩” |
[34:39] | What have we forgotten? | 我们忘记了什么 |
[34:45] | We have forgotten… | 我们忘记了… |
[34:50] | We have forgotten… | 我们忘记了… |
[34:55] | What have we forgotten? | 我们忘记了什么 |
[35:00] | We have forgotten… | 我们忘记了… |
[35:02] | We have forgotten… | 我们忘记了… |
[35:07] | What have we forgotten? | 我们忘记了什么 |
[35:10] | We have forgotten… | 我们忘记了… |
[35:16] | We have forgotten… | 我们忘记了… |
[35:24] | \h 庇护十三世教宗首次演讲稿 撰稿人 国务卿主教 安吉罗·弗耶罗 | |
[35:34] | What do you think, Holy Father? | 您觉得怎么样 圣父 |
[35:35] | I thought it was beautiful. | 我觉得很优美 |
[35:37] | I thought it was full of references that… | 我觉得它充满了… |
[35:38] | Did I ask your opinion, Sister Mary? | 我问你的意见了吗 玛丽修女 |
[35:40] | What? No, I just… | 什么 不 我只是… |
[35:42] | Keep quiet, then. | 那请保持安静 |
[36:10] | Your address is really beautiful, Eminence. | 你的致辞很优美 主教大人 |
[36:16] | Balanced, yes. | 的确不偏不倚 |
[36:18] | But a balance of love. | 但也充满了爱 |
[36:21] | Which is exactly what love should be when it’s full and resolved. | 这才是真正决然的大爱 |
[36:26] | I, on the other hand, | 至于我 |
[36:27] | have never truly known what love is. | 从未真正理解爱是什么 |
[36:32] | I’ve never really lived. | 我从未真正活过 |
[36:35] | But I’ve come to the right place, though, | 不过我来对地方了 |
[36:38] | a city-state full of lost souls who have never really lived. | 一个城邦之国 尽是从未真正活过的灵魂 |
[36:48] | Sister Mary? | 玛丽修女 |
[36:49] | Sister Mary preferred to dine in her apartment this evening. | 玛丽修女今晚想在她自己的房间用餐 |
[37:05] | What is it you wanted to say to me? | 您想对我说什么 |
[37:09] | What have you decided about your address? | 您对致辞有什么想法 |
[37:14] | I have some very clear ideas about it. | 我有一些非常明确的想法 |
[37:17] | Do you think you might use | 您是否可能会采用 |
[37:20] | some of what the Secretary of State wrote? | 国务卿所写的部分内容 |
[37:25] | No. | 不 |
[37:28] | It’s rather weak. | 那太弱了 |
[37:30] | I thought it was beautiful. What a shame, Lenny. | 我觉得很优美 真可惜 莱尼 |
[37:35] | Sister Mary? | 玛丽修女 |
[37:36] | Yes, Lenny? | 怎么了 莱尼 |
[37:40] | From now on, you are to call me Your Holiness. | 从现在起 请你称我为教宗陛下 |
[37:49] | As you wish, Your… Holiness. | 如您所愿 教宗… 陛下 |
[37:53] | I remember now what it was I wanted to say to you. | 我想起来要跟你说什么了 |
[37:58] | What? | 什么 |
[38:00] | You can let everyone know | 告诉所有人 |
[38:03] | that tomorrow evening at 9:00 p.m., | 明晚九点 |
[38:08] | Pope Pius XIII will appear on the balcony at Saint Peter’s Basilica… | 庇护十三世教宗会在圣彼得教堂的阳台… |
[38:15] | And deliver his first official address. | 进行首次致辞 |
[38:48] | I love you, Michael. | 我爱你 迈克 |
[38:51] | I’m so happy you asked me to come see you. | 你让我来 我真是太高兴了 |
[38:58] | I couldn’t wait to talk with you, Michael. | 我等不及想跟你交流 迈克 |
[39:01] | To thank you and to tell you… | 感谢你 让你知道… |
[39:05] | I owe it all to you that I’ve gotten this far. | 我走到这一步都是你的功劳 |
[39:09] | You taught me about life. You taught me about theology. | 你教会了我人生 神学 |
[39:16] | I was supposed to be Pope. | 我才应该是教宗 |
[39:19] | I know. But that was your mistake. | 我知道 可这是你自己的失误 |
[39:22] | You could have refused the deal Voiello offered you, | 你可以拒绝弗耶罗的提议的 |
[39:25] | to betray me in exchange for the election. | 他让你背叛我来赢得选举 |
[39:27] | What are you talking about? No one ever offered me a deal. | 你在说什么 没有什么提议 |
[39:30] | You liar! | 骗子 |
[39:34] | But I don’t expect anything from you. | 我也不指望你什么 |
[39:38] | You don’t know how to love. | 你根本不懂得爱 |
[39:39] | Don’t talk to me like that, please. | 别这样说 求你了 |
[39:41] | If you think I’m gonna talk to you differently | 你以为自己当了教宗 |
[39:44] | now that you’re Pope, | 我对你的态度就会变吗 |
[39:45] | well, let me tell you something, Lenny. | 那我告诉你 莱尼 |
[39:46] | That’s never gonna happen, never. | 你做梦吧 |
[39:49] | Don’t talk to me like that. You’re hurting me. | 别对我这样 你伤到我了 |
[39:51] | I’m hurting you? | 我伤到你 |
[39:53] | You’ve ruined my life. | 你毁了我的人生 |
[39:56] | You’ve destroyed any sense of destiny in my life. | 你毁了我的全部命运 |
[40:06] | So I spoke with Assente. | 我和阿森特谈过了 |
[40:11] | He confessed to being gay. | 他承认自己是同性恋 |
[40:15] | It is unacceptable that a homosexual | 怎么能让同性恋 |
[40:17] | heads the congregation that trains priests. | 担任神父的导师呢 |
[40:20] | He’s out. – That’s nuts. | -我把他赶走了 -一派胡言 |
[40:22] | I want you to take his place. | 我想让你接替他的位置 |
[40:24] | We’ll work together side by side every day. | 我们可以每天一起工作 |
[40:29] | You’ll continue to mentor me, | 你继续指导我 |
[40:31] | just like you’ve always done. | 和以前一样 |
[40:38] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[40:40] | People will say you’re just doing a favor for a friend. | 人们会说你假公济私 |
[40:44] | What do you take me for? | 你当我是什么 |
[40:46] | Did you really think I’d accept your charity? | 你以为我会接受你的施舍吗 |
[40:49] | Charity? | 施舍 |
[40:50] | I don’t have the power to make you Pope, Michael. | 我没法让你当教宗啊 迈克 |
[40:55] | It’s not true | 不 |
[40:57] | that you don’t have the power to make me Pope. | 你可以让我当上教宗 |
[40:59] | You do. | 你可以 |
[41:00] | – What? – Resign. | -什么 -辞职 |
[41:03] | I’ll win in the next conclave. | 然后我在选举中获胜 |
[41:08] | I wouldn’t be so sure. | 这可不好说 |
[41:11] | The conclave is mysterious. | 选举会议充满悬念 |
[41:14] | You don’t know shit. | 你屁都不懂 |
[41:16] | You’re just a blue-eyed kid. | 只是他们内定了你 |
[41:18] | The conclave is merely a place where games get played. | 选举会议不过是一场游戏 |
[41:23] | Games in which you were never included. | 你从来没参与进去 |
[41:25] | You’re just saying that to hurt me. | 你这么说就是为了伤害我 |
[41:26] | I’m saying it because I’m the one who invented | 我这么说是因为是我 |
[41:29] | all the games that get played during conclave. | 制定了那些游戏规则 |
[41:32] | If you invented them, then why aren’t you Pope? | 如果是这样 你怎么没当上教宗 |
[41:37] | I shall soon find out. | 我很快就会查出来的 |
[41:38] | Things went the way they did, Michael. | 一切自有定数 迈克 |
[41:41] | Please just accept it and accept the post | 你就接受现实 接受任命吧 |
[41:44] | as Prefect for the Congregation for the Clergy. | 做圣职部的部长 |
[41:47] | You’ll be the most powerful man in the whole Church. | 你就是整个教会最有权势的人 |
[41:50] | And, Michael, help me. | 迈克 帮帮我 |
[41:53] | I’m begging you. Help me write my first speech. | 求你了 帮我写首次致辞稿 |
[41:56] | – I need you. – But I don’t need you, Lenny. | -我需要你 -可我不需要你 莱尼 |
[41:59] | Help me write my speech. I need your advice. | 帮我写致辞稿 我需要你的建议 |
[42:01] | I have no more advice. | 我没有建议 |
[42:04] | Get out of my house, Lenny. | 你走吧 莱尼 |
[42:08] | Why did you have me come here, Michael? | 那你叫我来干嘛 迈克 |
[42:11] | To remind you that you’re the Pope now. | 为了提醒你 现在你是教宗了 |
[42:16] | And that you’re all alone. | 你是孤身一人 |
[42:20] | Just as you’ve always been. | 就像以前一样 |
[42:27] | And that you’re a nothing. | 你一文不值 |
[42:31] | Nothing. | 一文不值 |
[42:35] | Your Holiness Pius XIII. | 庇护十三世教宗陛下 |
[42:42] | 我是个处女 可这衬衫都有年头了 | |
[42:45] | Tell me about my parents. | 跟我讲讲我父母 |
[42:51] | Your parents left you at the orphanage, | 你父母把你丢在孤儿院 |
[42:54] | saying they couldn’t keep you anymore | 说他们不能再照顾你了 |
[42:56] | because they had to go to Venice. | 因为他们要去威尼斯 |
[43:00] | And you didn’t ask them what they had to do in Venice? | 你没问他们去威尼斯干什么吗 |
[43:04] | We didn’t ask questions. | 我们不问问题 |
[43:06] | What were they like? | 他们像什么样 |
[43:08] | I don’t remember, Lenny. | 我记不清了 莱尼 |
[43:09] | I must have seen thousands of parents | 我见过无数的父母 |
[43:12] | leave their children with us. | 把孩子丢给我们 |
[43:13] | I can’t remember them all. | 我不能一一记住 |
[43:15] | I remember them. | 我记得 |
[43:16] | At least I remember them in my dreams. | 至少梦里记得 |
[43:19] | In theory, they might still be alive. | 理论上讲 他们可能还活着 |
[43:21] | Yes. They’d be just over 70 now. | 是的 现在要有70多岁了 |
[43:23] | And in theory, they might still be in Venice. | 理论上讲 他们可能还在威尼斯 |
[43:25] | They could be anywhere, Lenny. | 他们可能在任何地方 莱尼 |
[43:26] | I search everywhere. | 我哪里都找遍了 |
[43:28] | I pray everywhere. | 四处祈祷 |
[43:32] | But I don’t see God. | 可我看不见上帝 |
[43:35] | Because I don’t see my father. Because I don’t see my mother. | 因为我看不见自己的父母 |
[43:39] | I, on the other hand, see everything. | 而我能看见一切 |
[43:42] | What do you see? | 你看见什么了 |
[43:44] | God’s plan. | 上帝的计划 |
[43:46] | A complex architecture that depends on you, Your Holiness. | 一个以您为中心的复杂计划 教宗陛下 |
[43:50] | Everything is so clear. | 清晰明了 |
[44:03] | Who’s in there? | 谁在里面 |
[44:12] | No one. | 没有人 |
[44:14] | Go see for yourself if you don’t believe me. | 不信的话就自己去看 |
[44:17] | All of Vatican City is yours, Holy Father. | 整个梵蒂冈城都是您的 圣父 |
[44:20] | And so is this apartment. | 这间公寓也是 |
[44:22] | No one loves me, | 没有人爱我 |
[44:24] | which is why I’m prepared | 所以我要时刻准备 |
[44:26] | for every kind of vileness from everyone. | 面对所有人的各种恶意 |
[44:39] | Holy Father, | 圣父 |
[44:41] | I see Christ’s reflection in you. | 我能在您身上看见上帝 |
[44:47] | And in Dussolier? | 杜索利埃呢 |
[44:49] | I see Christ’s reflection in him too. | 他身上也能看见上帝 |
[44:53] | A paler reflection. | 不过要微弱些 |
[45:45] | “My dear faithful ones, | “我亲爱的信徒们 |
[45:48] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我来晚了 |
[45:52] | But here I am. | 但我来了 |
[45:55] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[45:57] | Only don’t look at me. | 但不要只看着我 |
[45:59] | Look up. | 向上看 |
[46:01] | Do you see the sky? | 你们看到天空了吗 |
[46:05] | Do you see God? | 你们看到上帝了吗 |
[46:08] | No? You don’t see Him? | 没有吗 你们没看到上帝吗 |
[46:10] | No matter. | 没关系 |
[46:13] | Now look at the person next to you. | 现在看向你身旁的人 |
[46:17] | Look joyfully upon him | 满怀喜悦地看着他 |
[46:20] | and remember what Saint Augustine said: | 记住圣奥古斯丁所说的话 |
[46:23] | ‘If you want to see God… | ‘若想见上帝… |
[46:25] | You have the means to do it. | 人皆有办法 |
[46:30] | God is love.'” | 上帝即是爱'” |
[50:06] | Not now. | 现在不用 |
[50:28] | Let yourself go, Your Holiness. | 尽情发挥吧 教宗陛下 |
[50:34] | And if the saint here were you, Gutierrez? | 如果站在这儿的是你呢 古铁雷斯 |
[51:53] | What have we forgotten? | 我们忘记了什么 |
[52:01] | What have we forgotten? | 我们忘记了什么 |
[52:11] | We have forgotten God. | 我们忘记了上帝 |
[52:15] | You! You have forgotten God. | 你们 你们忘记了上帝 |
[52:24] | I want to be very clear with you. | 我再说得清楚一点 |
[52:28] | You have to be closer to God than to each other. | 你们要接近上帝胜过接近彼此 |
[52:33] | I am closer to God than I am to you. | 我接近上帝胜过接近你们 |
[52:37] | You need to know I will never be close to you. | 你们要知道 我永远不会与你们一起 |
[52:41] | Because everyone… | 因为所有人… |
[52:44] | is alone before God. | 都是孤身一人面对上帝 |
[52:56] | I have nothing to say to those who have | 那些对上帝心存一丝一毫疑虑的人 |
[52:59] | even the slightest doubt about God. | 我对他们无话可说 |
[53:03] | All I can do is remind them of my scorn and their wretchedness. | 只能对这些可悲的生物嗤之以鼻 |
[53:12] | I don’t have to prove that God exists. | 我不需要证明上帝存在 |
[53:17] | It is up to you to prove that He doesn’t. | 是你们要向我证明他不存在 |
[53:23] | Are you capable of proving that God does not exist? | 你们能证明上帝不存在吗 |
[53:32] | If you aren’t able to prove it, that means God does exist. | 如果你们不能 那上帝就是存在的 |
[53:40] | God exists. | 上帝是存在的 |
[53:44] | And He isn’t interested in us | 他对我们不屑一顾 |
[53:46] | until we become interested in Him, | 只有我们先去寻觅他 |
[53:49] | in Him exclusively. | 对他绝对忠诚 |
[53:53] | Do you understand what I am saying? | 你们明白我的意思吗 |
[53:57] | Exclusively. | 绝对忠诚 |
[54:00] | 24 hours a day. | 一天24小时 |
[54:03] | Your hearts and minds filled only with God. | 你们的全身心都要奉献给上帝 |
[54:06] | There’s no room for anything else. | 再容不下他物 |
[54:09] | No room for free will. | 容不下自主意志 |
[54:11] | No room for liberty. | 容不下自由 |
[54:13] | No room for emancipation. | 容不下解放 |
[54:17] | “Free yourself from God,” I’ve heard people say. | 我听人说过”别再被上帝束缚” |
[54:21] | “Liberate yourself from God.” | “解放自己吧” |
[54:25] | But the pain of liberation is unbearable, | 但自由的代价是不可承受的 |
[54:30] | sharp enough to kill. | 足以致命 |
[54:33] | Without God… | 倘若没有上帝… |
[54:37] | you’re as good as dead. | 你们无异于行尸走肉 |
[54:40] | Dead, abandoned strays | 无家可归的灵魂 |
[54:43] | wandering the streets. | 在街道上游荡 |
[54:47] | We want to look you in the face! | 我们想看看你的脸 |
[54:51] | You want to look me in my face? | 你们想看看我的脸 |
[54:55] | Go see God first! | 先看看上帝吧 |
[55:00] | I won’t help you. | 我帮不了你们 |
[55:02] | I’m not gonna show you the way. | 我不会为你们指引道路 |
[55:04] | Search for it. | 自己去发现 |
[55:07] | Find it. | 去追寻 |
[55:12] | And when you’ve found God, | 当你们发现了上帝 |
[55:17] | perhaps you will see me as well. | 或许也就能看见我了 |
[55:32] | Stop it! | 住手 |
[55:33] | How dare you shine a light on your Pope? | 你竟敢用光直射教宗 |
[55:36] | What you’re doing is more than a simple lack of respect. | 你的举动比不敬更甚 |
[55:43] | I don’t know if you deserve me. | 我不知道你们值不值得我这样 |
[55:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[55:50] | At this point, | 现在 |
[55:54] | I don’t know if you’re worthy of me. | 我不知道你们值不值得我这样 |
[55:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |