时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:07] | I’m so bored of living. | 我厌倦了生活 |
[01:10] | I wake up every morning in the same bed with the same person. | 我每天早上和同一个人在同一张床上醒来 |
[01:15] | I shower. | 我洗澡 |
[01:16] | Brush my teeth. | 刷牙 |
[01:18] | I get dressed. | 穿好衣服 |
[01:22] | And I eat the same breakfast. | 吃同样的早餐 |
[01:24] | And then take the same commute to work. | 同样的线路上班 |
[01:26] | I’m 28 years old, and I’m terrified this is all there is. | 我28岁了 我很害怕这就是一切 |
[01:31] | Sometimes, I’ll be in the store, | 有时候 我会在店里 |
[01:32] | and I’ll be looking at two different cans of beans, | 观察两罐不同的豆子 |
[01:34] | and I’ll think, | 我会去想 |
[01:35] | “These beans are better.” | 这些豆子更好 |
[01:37] | “No, these beans are better.” | 不 这些豆子更好 |
[01:38] | And then I’ll think, | 然后我会想 |
[01:39] | “That’s the most boring thought anyone’s ever had.” | 这是有史以来最无聊的想法 |
[01:42] | I mean, God! Everything is pointless. | 天啊 一切都毫无意义 |
[01:47] | Anyway, what’s up with you? | 算了 你怎么样 |
[01:50] | What’s new with me? | 我怎么样 |
[01:52] | – Nothing… – Great. | -没什么 -太好了 |
[01:54] | No… My face is really itchy. | 不 我的脸好痒 |
[01:57] | What, are you getting eczema? | 什么 你得湿疹了吗 |
[01:58] | No, I’m not getting– Why would you even say that? | 不 我没有 你为什么这么说 |
[01:59] | Look at my finger. | 看我的手指 |
[02:00] | Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[02:02] | Holy shit! | 天啊 |
[02:04] | – Reed Hollingsworth. – What’s wrong with Reed? | -里德·霍林斯沃思 -里德怎么了 |
[02:06] | Nothing. At all. | 没什么啊 |
[02:08] | He’s fine. He’s totally fine. | 他很好 他很好 |
[02:11] | And unassuming, and nice. | 谦逊友好 |
[02:13] | He’s very nice. | 非常友好 |
[02:15] | Well, that’s good. It’s a good thing to be nice. | 那很好啊 友好是件好事 |
[02:18] | And his family is really rich, | 他的家庭非常富有 |
[02:19] | and well-connected, and super classist. | 人脉很广 而且阶级歧视 |
[02:21] | – Oh, they’re “classist”? – And racist. | -他们阶级歧视 -还有种族歧视 |
[02:24] | This is about the asparagus. | 你是因为芦笋吧 |
[02:25] | “Oh, I see we’re passing the asparagus | 看来我们今晚要逆时针 |
[02:27] | – counterclockwise tonight–” – So his mom has an idea | -传递芦笋 -他妈妈对餐桌上 |
[02:29] | about the proper way to pass food around a dining table. | 传递食物的方式有点执念 |
[02:31] | “Is that how they do it in México?!” | 他们在墨西哥就是这样吗 |
[02:33] | Maybe she was legitimately curious. | 也许她是真的很好奇 |
[02:34] | We’re not from Mexico. | 我们不是墨西哥人 |
[02:35] | Yeah, but our mom is. | 是的 但是我们的妈妈是啊 |
[02:40] | Do you think Dad would have liked Reed? | 你觉得爸爸会喜欢里德吗 |
[02:44] | Yeah, I do, actually. | 应该会吧 |
[02:48] | And you don’t think it’s weird to get married without Dad there? | 你不觉得结婚时没有爸爸会很奇怪吗 |
[02:51] | What am I supposed to do, just never get married? | 那我怎么办 永远不结婚吗 |
[02:53] | That’s an idea. | 这主意好 |
[02:54] | Ladies. Get you another round? | 女士们 再来一轮吗 |
[02:56] | Yes, I will have a Fancy Familiar. | 嗯 我要”花俏密友” |
[02:58] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道这是什么酒 |
[02:59] | It’s a Mozambique Samba just without the sherbet. | 就是莫桑比克桑巴 不加冰冻果子露 |
[03:02] | You’re so stupid. Stop it, why do you always do that? | 你好蠢 闭嘴吧 你干嘛总是这样 |
[03:05] | Um, we’re gonna have shots of Patrón, please. | 两杯帕特龙 谢谢 |
[03:07] | And don’t go far ’cause you’re gonna have to keep fillin’ ’em up. | 别走太远 我们要续杯的 |
[03:09] | You got it. | 好的 |
[03:13] | And why did you order shots? You know I’m trying to drink less. | 你为什么要烈酒 你知道我想少喝点 |
[03:15] | Alma, your only sister just got engaged. We’re doing shots. | 阿尔玛 你唯一的妹妹刚刚订婚 必须喝烈酒 |
[03:18] | And then I’m going to make you | 然后我会逼你 |
[03:19] | listen to the story of how he proposed. | 听听他求婚的故事 |
[03:20] | – Oh, my God. – It’s so romantic. | -天哪 -太浪漫了 |
[03:23] | I am going to need booze for this. | 那我肯定得喝点酒 |
[03:25] | Two shots of Patrón. | 两杯帕特龙 |
[03:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:30] | – What? – To my sister | -怎么了 -敬我妹妹 |
[03:33] | and her life choices which… I support. | 我支持她的人生选择 |
[04:02] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[04:03] | I’m humping your butt. | 我在撞你屁股 |
[04:05] | How long you gonna do that? | 你要撞多久 |
[04:06] | Until it annoys you. | 直到让你烦 |
[04:09] | I want the mouth. | 我要嘴巴 |
[04:18] | Can you promise me that we’re not going to be | 你可以保证我们不会变成 |
[04:21] | like one of those boring couples who like… | 一对无聊的夫妇 |
[04:25] | …gets married and settles down | 结婚以后安定下来 |
[04:27] | and has babies and is like all happy? | 生下孩子 皆大欢喜吗 |
[04:29] | – Ew, gross. Never. – Thank you. | -太恶心了 不会的 -谢谢 |
[04:36] | But it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. | 但这也不是很糟 |
[04:40] | – No. No, no. – That’s it! | -不 不 不 -好了 |
[04:41] | That’s the wrong answer! | 这是错误的答案 |
[04:43] | You’re humping me again? | 又开始撞我了 |
[04:46] | You’re so crazy. | 你太疯了 |
[04:48] | No, I’m not. | 才没有 |
[04:50] | – I’m not crazy. – Okay. Sorry. Sorry. | -我没疯 -好吧 对不起 |
[04:53] | I just can’t do it. | 我就是做不到 |
[04:56] | I can’t do the wedding and the birth announcements | 我没办法宣布我的婚礼和宝宝出生 |
[04:59] | and the piano lessons | 上钢琴课 |
[05:01] | and the matching Halloween costumes. | 以及配套的万圣节服装之类的 |
[05:04] | True that, matching Halloween costumes are lame. | 真的 配套的万圣节服装太逊了 |
[05:08] | But, what if you went as Batman | 但如果你扮成蝙蝠侠 |
[05:10] | and I went as Bruce Wayne, | 我扮成布鲁斯·韦恩 |
[05:12] | and then every time we were together, | 每次我们在一起时 |
[05:13] | I’ll be like, “Batman! We’re in the same room? | 我会说”蝙蝠侠 我们在同一个房间 |
[05:17] | We must totally be different people, everyone.” | 我们肯定不是一个人 各位” |
[05:21] | That’s a couple’s costume. | 那是情侣装 |
[05:22] | No, it’s totally different | 不 完全不同 |
[05:24] | because one’s Batman | 因为一个人是蝙蝠侠 |
[05:26] | and one’s Bruce Wayne. | 一个是布鲁斯·韦恩 |
[05:27] | Two different people. | 完全不是一个人 |
[05:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:32] | But for real. I don’t want to settle down. | 但说真的 我不想安定下来 |
[05:36] | Right now. | 你是说现在吧 |
[05:38] | Ever. | 永远 |
[05:41] | – You never know what’s gonna happen. – No. I know. | -未来的事谁知道呢 -不 我知道 |
[05:45] | Okay, we won’t settle down. | 好吧 我们不会安定下来的 |
[05:48] | We’ll be vagabonds or cat burglars | 我们会成为流浪汉或飞贼 |
[05:53] | or hot air balloonists. | 或者热气球运动员 |
[05:55] | Yeah! | 好啊 |
[05:58] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[05:59] | And then we’ll settle down and have kids. | 然后我们就安定下来生孩子 |
[06:01] | – What? – I’m sleeping. | -什么 -我睡了 |
[06:13] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[06:14] | The room is spinning. | 房间在旋转 |
[06:43] | Cassie, no! Cassie, we don’t– | 卡西 不 卡西 我们不 |
[06:47] | Shoot. | 可恶 |
[06:51] | No. Don’t squeeze it. No. | 不 不要挤 不 |
[06:54] | Is everything okay here? | 没事吧 |
[06:55] | Yeah, Cassie’s just being A c. U. n. T. | 嗯 卡西太顽皮了 |
[06:58] | Okay. I… Cassie? Cassie, do you need a time out? | 好吧 卡西 你需要休息吗 |
[07:01] | – No! – Right. | -不 -好吧 |
[07:02] | – Seems like you do. – Yeah. | -感觉你需要 -是啊 |
[07:03] | – Let’s do it. Come on. – There you go. | -我们走吧 -去吧 |
[07:05] | Come on. Cassie! | 走啊 卡西 |
[07:07] | All right, we’re gonna sit here ’till you calm down. | 我们坐在这里直到你冷静下来 |
[07:10] | ‘Cause I get paid to force you to behave. Pretty weird, right? | 因为我拿薪水是为了让你听话的 很奇怪吧 |
[07:12] | – I don’t want a time out! – It’s not so bad. | -我不想休息 -没事的 |
[07:16] | Did you know that the Kogi tribe of Colombia | 你知道哥伦比亚的科吉部落 |
[07:18] | puts their babies in a dark cave? | 把他们的孩子放在黑暗的洞穴里吗 |
[07:20] | – Yeah, I know that. – Oh, you really, you know that? | -我知道 -你真的知道吗 |
[07:23] | Well, did you know they keep those babies | 你知道他们会把孩子 |
[07:25] | in a dark cave for nine years? | 关在黑暗的洞穴里九年吗 |
[07:28] | And as the babies grow, | 随着孩子们的成长 |
[07:29] | they tell them stories about what the world outside looks like. | 他们给孩子讲述外面的世界 |
[07:32] | What trees and birds and rainbows | 树啊 鸟啊 彩虹啊 |
[07:36] | and clouds look like. | 云彩是什么样子 |
[07:39] | And when the babies come out, | 等孩子们出来以后 |
[07:41] | they see those things for the first time. | 他们第一次看到这些东西时 |
[07:44] | And they are so blown away | 都呆住了 |
[07:46] | by how much more amazing the world is | 因为世界是多么的神奇 |
[07:48] | than they could have ever imagined, | 超出了他们的想象 |
[07:50] | that they have such incredible respect | 这样他们对造物者 |
[07:53] | for whatever created this place | 以及生活其中的美丽生物 |
[07:55] | and all of the beautiful creatures living in it. | 都满怀敬意 |
[07:58] | Can you imagine feeling that way about anything, Cassie? | 卡西 你能想象出那种感觉吗 |
[08:03] | All right. Do you want me to put you in a dark cave? | 你想让我把你关在黑暗的洞穴里吗 |
[08:05] | No, you be in the cave. | 不 你待在山洞里 |
[08:07] | Okay, I’ll be in the cave, too. | 好吧 我也会在山洞里 |
[08:12] | We’ll be in the cave together. | 我们一起去山洞 |
[08:17] | I like this. | 我喜欢这个 |
[08:19] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[08:32] | Help me find a cute baby photo of Becca for her engagement dinner. | 帮我找张可爱的贝卡婴儿照片放在她的订婚晚宴上 |
[08:35] | That’s why I’m here, Mom. | 妈妈 这就是我来的原因 |
[08:38] | Look at this one. After her first haircut. | 看看这个 她第一次理发 |
[08:41] | Where’s the one where she’s toddling around the market | 她在圣克里斯托瓦尔市场 |
[08:42] | in Saint Cristobal with the apple soda and laughing? | 拿着苹果汽水大笑的照片呢 |
[08:47] | She looks like a tiny, drunken sailor. | 看起来就像一个喝醉了的小水手 |
[08:54] | What did you know about Geraldine? | 你对杰拉尔丁了解多少 |
[08:57] | Not much. She was your father’s mother and she died. | 不多 她是你父亲的母亲 已经死了 |
[09:01] | And she got married, and had three kids, lost her mind. | 她结婚了 生了三个孩子 失去了理智 |
[09:07] | What about this one? | 这张怎么样 |
[09:08] | Great. Love it. Done. | 很好 我很喜欢 就它了 |
[09:13] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[09:16] | To get some water. | 去弄点水 |
[09:19] | Are you coming to church on Sunday? | 你星期天来教堂吗 |
[09:21] | I don’t know. I’m gonna see how I feel. | 不知道 到时候再说吧 |
[09:24] | We have a new priest. | 我们有了一个新牧师 |
[09:26] | I think you’ll like him. | 你会喜欢他的 |
[09:28] | He’s into indigenous cultures. | 他对土著文化很感兴趣 |
[09:30] | Like conquering them and appropriating them, or… | 比如征服占有他们的文化吗 还是 |
[09:32] | Studying them. | 研究他们 |
[09:34] | Oh, cool. Maybe. | 酷 也许吧 |
[09:38] | Are you going to bleach your upper lip before Becca’s dinner? | 你准备在贝卡晚餐前做个上唇变浅美容吗 |
[09:40] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[09:41] | – You just look so pretty when you try. – Oh, my God. | -你打扮一下还是很漂亮的 -天啊 |
[09:44] | I gotta go, Mom. | 我走了 妈妈 |
[09:54] | Is this dad smoking? | 这是爸爸在抽烟吗 |
[09:56] | Yeah. He smoked on occasion. | 是啊 他偶尔会抽烟 |
[09:58] | – Why didn’t I know that? – He didn’t want you to. | -为什么我不知道 -他不想让你这么做 |
[10:00] | – Was he smoking when he had the accident? – No. | -他出事时在抽烟吗 -没有 |
[10:02] | – How do you know? – Because I read the police report. | -你怎么知道的 -因为我看过警方报告 |
[10:04] | – Can I read it? – No! | -我能看一下吗 -不行 |
[10:06] | I don’t have it. It was 20 years ago. | 我没有了 那是20年前的事了 |
[10:09] | Are there any other photos of him I haven’t seen, Mom? | 妈妈 他还有没有我没看过的照片 |
[10:11] | – No, that’s it. – I’m taking this. | -没有 就这张 -我拿走了 |
[10:13] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:18] | It’s just weird to think that there’s stuff about my dad | 我爸还有我不知道的事 |
[10:19] | I never knew. | 这感觉太奇怪了 |
[10:21] | My mom was married to some other guy before my dad. | 我妈在我爸之前和别的男人结过婚 |
[10:23] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[10:25] | He had two Pomeranians, a red sports car, | 他有两只博美 一辆红色跑车 |
[10:28] | and he beat her until she had to be hospitalized. | 他还把她打到住院 |
[10:30] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[10:31] | – When did you find that out? – After I graduated college. | -你什么时候发现的 -大学毕业后 |
[10:34] | I think she didn’t want to, like, mess me up. | 她当时不想耽误我吧 |
[10:36] | But once I got that diploma, | 但一旦我拿到文凭 |
[10:38] | she was like, “Let me drop my secrets on you.” | 她就说”我要把秘密都告诉你” |
[10:40] | See, I never got that. | 瞧 我就没有过 |
[10:42] | My dad died before he could stop being my dad | 我爸爸还没来得及当我爸 |
[10:44] | and spill all the family secrets. | 并且泄露家庭秘密前就死了 |
[10:48] | I gotta get back to work. | 我得回去工作了 |
[10:49] | I want to talk to you about our conversation the other night. | 我想和你谈谈我们那天晚上的谈话 |
[10:52] | Yes. I’m so glad you brought that up. | 我很高兴你能提起来 |
[10:54] | I totally see your point about Bruce Wayne and Batman. | 我理解你对布鲁斯·韦恩和蝙蝠侠的看法 |
[10:57] | If you want something that I can’t give you, | 如果你想要我不能给你的东西 |
[11:00] | then I don’t want to waste your time. | 那我不想浪费你的时间 |
[11:03] | We’re not wasting time. | 我们不是在浪费时间 |
[11:07] | I don’t know what’s gonna happen, | 我不知道会发生什么 |
[11:09] | but right now, this is good, | 但现在这样很好 |
[11:11] | so let’s just stay in the right now. | 所以我们现在继续保持 |
[11:14] | Yeah, this is good. | 是的 这样很好 |
[11:19] | I’ll see you later? | 再见 |
[11:21] | You know where I live. | 你知道我住在哪里 |
[11:23] | ‘Cause you live there too. So… | 因为你也住在那里 所以 |
[11:38] | I can’t believe we have to go to this thing. | 我真不敢相信我们真的要去参加晚宴 |
[11:40] | Yeah, and it sucks that your sister is getting married | 是啊 太操蛋了 你妹妹要结婚了 |
[11:42] | and your mom is throwing her this party and everyone’s happy. | 你妈妈给她办了这个派对 大家都很开心 |
[11:44] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[11:45] | I was kidding. | 我是在开玩笑 |
[11:54] | I knew I shouldn’t have said anything. | 我知道我不该说什么 |
[11:56] | Well, I know you like it when I wear make-up. So… | 我知道你喜欢我化妆 所以 |
[11:59] | Okay. Well, have fun embarrassing your sister on her special night. | 好吧 那就在你妹妹的特别之夜让她难堪吧 |
[12:02] | This isn’t her special night. | 这不是她特别之夜 |
[12:03] | Her special night is the wedding. This is dinner. | 她特别之夜是婚礼那晚 这只是晚餐 |
[12:05] | This is also a special night. There are multiple special nights. | 这也是啊 特别之夜又不止一个 |
[12:08] | She doesn’t care. You’re the only one who’s gonna care. | 她不在乎 只有你才在乎 |
[12:13] | Always nice to see you, Sam. | 很高兴见到你 山姆 |
[12:15] | Ooh, Sam’s getting some love tonight. | 山姆今晚得到关爱了 |
[12:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:18] | Just come inside. | 进来吧 |
[12:30] | We can go whenever you’re ready. | 你想走我们就可以走了 |
[12:33] | Don’t you think we should at least stay through the dinner portion | 你不觉得我们至少应该 |
[12:35] | of the dinner? | 吃完晚餐吗 |
[12:38] | Alma, love the ‘stache! | 阿尔玛 你的小胡子太可爱了 |
[12:40] | Thanks, Reed. | 谢谢 里德 |
[12:41] | Is this some rebellion against Mom? | 这是在表示对妈妈的反叛吗 |
[12:43] | – Not… Exactly. – Exactly. | -也不是 -没错 |
[12:45] | – Good to see you again, Alma. – Hey, Beth, how are you? | -很高兴再次见到你 阿尔玛 -贝丝 你好啊 |
[12:48] | Hey, haven’t I see you before on a Pringles can?! | 我在品客薯片盒上见过你吧 |
[12:52] | Nice one, Dad. | 这个梗不错 爸爸 |
[12:53] | – You getting the reaction you were hoping for? – Yes. | -你如愿得到反应了吗 -是的 |
[12:55] | Now that we’re all here, um, I’d like to propose a toast. | 既然大家都到了 请大家举杯 |
[13:00] | To Becca Winograd-Diaz. The love of my life. | 敬贝卡·温诺格拉德·迪亚兹 我一生的挚爱 |
[13:04] | When we first got together, | 我们刚在一起时 |
[13:05] | it was like we were | 感觉我们就像 |
[13:07] | two puzzle pieces spinning through the universe, | 两块在宇宙中旋转的拼片 |
[13:10] | and then click, we found each other. | 然后我们找到了对方 |
[13:14] | And the puzzle was complete. | 拼图就完成了 |
[13:18] | It was only a two-piece puzzle. | 这块拼图只有两片 |
[13:20] | Like a puzzle for a little baby. | 就像是给婴儿玩的拼图 |
[13:23] | But, uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[13:26] | To Becca! And the rest of our lives! | 敬贝卡 还有我们的余生 |
[13:28] | I love you. Thank you. | 我爱你 谢谢 |
[13:30] | – Cheers. – Cheers! | -干杯 -干杯 |
[13:50] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:52] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[13:59] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[14:07] | Do you ever feel like you’re in a play? | 你有没有觉得自己在演戏 |
[14:11] | Except you’re the only one that knows it’s a play. | 但只有你知道这是场戏 |
[14:15] | And everyone else is just playing the role | 其他人都在扮演 |
[14:17] | they think they’re supposed to play, | 他们认为扮演的角色 |
[14:19] | because that’s what you do? | 因为这就是应该做的 |
[14:20] | And you’re like, | 你会说 |
[14:21] | “Hey, this is just a play. | “这只是一场戏 |
[14:23] | We don’t have to do this.” | 我们不必这样” |
[14:25] | And maybe we shouldn’t. | 也许我们不应该这么做 |
[14:28] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[14:30] | I broke up with Sam. | 我和山姆分手了 |
[14:31] | Oh, my God, are you okay? What happened? | 天哪 你没事吧 怎么回事 |
[14:38] | I know you don’t really remember, | 我知道你不怎么记得了 |
[14:40] | but Dad’s mom was schizophrenic. | 但爸爸的妈妈有精神分裂症 |
[14:42] | I know. What does that have to do with anything? | 我知道 这有什么关系 |
[14:44] | She was perfectly happy | 她之前非常高兴 |
[14:45] | and then she got married and made a family, | 然后她结婚成家了 |
[14:46] | because that’s what you did back then. | 因为当时都是这样的 |
[14:48] | And she ended up on lithium, | 最后她要接受锂疗法 |
[14:50] | getting shock treatments, | 休克疗法 |
[14:51] | and shoving a broom handle through the television set | 在孩子们看《豪迪·杜迪》时 |
[14:53] | while her boys watched Howdy Doody. | 把扫帚柄插进了电视机 |
[14:55] | Getting married isn’t what made her crazy. | 结婚并不是她发疯的原因 |
[14:57] | She just had a bad brain. | 她只是脑子有病 |
[14:58] | Yes, but if you know you have a broken brain | 是的 但是如果你知道你的脑子有病 |
[15:01] | then why would you put someone else through that? | 那你为什么要让别人跟着倒霉呢 |
[15:02] | Okay. Tough love time? | 好吧 厉爱时刻 |
[15:04] | My God, you say that like you’re asking me, | 天哪 你这话说的好像是在询问我 |
[15:06] | but I never agree to “tough love time.” | 但我就没同意过要有”厉爱时刻” |
[15:07] | I think what is actually going on | 我觉得真正的问题在于 |
[15:09] | is your younger sister is getting married before you, | 你妹妹比你先结婚了 |
[15:11] | and you feel your life slipping away. | 你觉得你的时光在指缝间溜走 |
[15:13] | No… That’s not it. | 不 不是这样的 |
[15:15] | An amazing guy wants to marry me, and you’re jealous. | 一个了不起的男人想要娶我 你嫉妒了 |
[15:18] | – Okay. Amazing? – And it’s okay, Alma. | -了不起 -没事的 阿尔玛 |
[15:20] | You realized that Sam wasn’t good enough for you, | 你意识到山姆配不上你 |
[15:22] | and you broke up with him. | 你和他分手了 |
[15:23] | That’s not why I broke up with Sam. | 这不是我和山姆分手的原因 |
[15:25] | – And it’s okay to want a better life. – What are you talking about? | -想要更好的生活也很正常 -你在说什么呢 |
[15:28] | I am talking about the fact that you could be better, | 我是说你可以变得更优秀 |
[15:32] | but you choose not to. | 但你不愿意 |
[15:34] | Like, instead of going back to school and getting your B.A., | 比如 与其回学校拿学士学位 |
[15:35] | you work at a day care. | 你却在日托所工作 |
[15:37] | And you are so smart… …but you always, like, | 你很聪明 但你总是喜欢 |
[15:39] | make the losing choice to, like, prove… | 做出失败的选择 比如证明 |
[15:43] | I don’t know what you’re trying to prove. | 我不知道你想证明什么 |
[15:44] | But you don’t have to be afraid to move forward. | 但你不必害怕前进 |
[15:47] | I’m doing it, why can’t you? | 我就在这么做 你为什么不可以呢 |
[15:52] | Can I try on your ring? | 我可以试试你的戒指吗 |
[15:54] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:02] | – My God! – I know. I know. I know. | -天哪 -是吧 我知道 |
[16:04] | This blood diamond does make me feel special. Now I get it. | 这颗血钻确实让我觉得很特别 现在我明白了 |
[16:08] | Okay, give it back to me. Give it back! | 好了 还给我 还给我 |
[16:09] | Shots of tequila. Keep ’em coming. | 上龙舌兰酒 不要停 |
[16:11] | – You got it. – Don’t get wasted. | -没问题 -别喝醉啊 |
[16:13] | We promised Mom that we’d meet her at church in the morning. | 我们答应妈妈明天早上去教堂见她的 |
[16:15] | You promised. I said I’d see. | 那是你 我说了到时候再说 |
[16:16] | – I’m not doing shots. – Yes, you are. | -我不会喝的 -必须喝 |
[16:18] | Because your only sister just got engaged! | 因为你唯一的姐姐刚刚订婚了 |
[16:22] | Hey, I’ll take one with you. | 我跟你喝一个 |
[16:28] | Salud. | 干杯 |
[16:29] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[16:39] | Okay, okay, okay. Who’s next? | 好了 下一个到谁了 |
[16:42] | Did whoever stole all your furniture have a thing against pianos? | 偷你家具的人不喜欢钢琴吗 |
[16:45] | That is not the answer to my question, Tomás! | 我没问这个 托马斯 |
[16:48] | Okay, I’m next. I’m next, I’m next. | 好吧 到我了 |
[16:50] | – Ask me. – Okay. Truth or Dare? | -问我吧 -真心话还是大冒险 |
[16:52] | – Truth. – Okay. | -真心话 -好 |
[16:53] | What are you most excited about getting married… about? | 你对结婚有什么念想 |
[16:57] | Oh, right. Okay. Well, just, having sex for the first time. | 好吧 第一次做爱 |
[17:01] | Nuh-uh, shut up. Are you seriously a virgin? | 闭嘴 你真的是处女吗 |
[17:05] | She’s kidding. | 她在开玩笑 |
[17:06] | Oh, good, ’cause I was gonna say | 那就好 因为我想说 |
[17:07] | you definitely do not seem like a virgin. | 你看起来绝对不像处女 |
[17:09] | Well, what do I seem like? | 那我像什么 |
[17:12] | Stop flirting! | 别调情了 |
[17:14] | You’re engaged, remember? | 你订婚了 记得吗 |
[17:17] | Truth or dare? | 真心话还是大冒险 |
[17:19] | Dare. | 大冒险 |
[17:20] | I dare you… to kiss my sis. | 吻我的妹妹 |
[17:24] | – No. – Yeah! | -不要 -要 |
[17:26] | It’s cool, you don’t have to kiss me if you don’t want to. | 没事的 如果你不想吻我就不用吻 |
[17:27] | No, I want to, but I can’t. | 不 我想吻 但我不行 |
[17:30] | It’s a game, Becca. It’s just a stupid game. | 这是游戏 贝卡 只是愚蠢的游戏 |
[17:36] | Okay, one small, tiny, dumb kiss. | 好吧 一个愚蠢的轻吻 |
[17:44] | There you go. Thank you. That’s it. | 好了 谢谢 就这样 |
[17:49] | That sucks! | 太烂了吧 |
[17:51] | – That was like a Tío Oscar kiss. – Ew, no, it wasn’t. | -好像奥斯卡叔叔的吻 -才不像 |
[17:54] | – Your Uncle Oscar lip-kisses you? – He does. He totally does. | -你叔叔奥斯卡会吻你吗 -绝对会啊 |
[17:57] | It’s super weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[17:58] | I don’t want to kiss you like your Tío Oscar. | 我不想像你的奥斯卡叔叔那样吻你 |
[18:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:54] | “Look at the birds of the air; | “看看空中的鸟儿 |
[18:56] | they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, | 它们不在谷仓里播种 收割或储存 |
[19:00] | and yet our heavenly Father feeds them. | 然而我们的天父却会喂养它们 |
[19:03] | Are you not much more valuable than they?” | 你们难道不比它们值钱吗” |
[19:06] | What does this mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[19:08] | Does this mean that we should not farm and store away food? | 这是不是意味着我们不应该耕种和储存食物 |
[19:11] | That we should blindly trust God will provide for us? | 我们要盲目相信上帝会抚养我们 |
[19:14] | That we do nothing to provide for ourselves? | 我们不用抚养自己 |
[19:18] | I was recently at a gathering | 我最近参加了一个 |
[19:19] | of several indigenous groups | 来自南美洲和中美洲的 |
[19:21] | from South and Central America. | 几个土著群体的聚会 |
[19:23] | And one thing these disparate groups could agree on | 这些不同的群体有一件事可以达成一致 |
[19:27] | was that humans have lost their connection with nature. | 人类已经失去了与自然的联系 |
[19:30] | In fact, we have forgotten we are nature. | 事实上 我们已经忘记了自己也是大自然的一部分 |
[19:34] | And it is in rhythm with nature that we are provided for. | 我们要遵循大自然的节奏 才能获得供给 |
[19:38] | Through our not taking selfishly more than we need, | 我们不能自私自利 |
[19:41] | but instead recognizing… | 而是认识到 |
[19:43] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[19:45] | Who knows where this girl’s been. Look at her. | 谁知道她去哪了 看看她 |
[19:49] | You know what, forget it. | 其实吧 没事了 |
[19:51] | We are able to step into this natural balance, | 我们能够进入这种自然平衡 |
[19:54] | – and live freely, just like the birds. – Excuse me. | -像鸟儿一样自由地生活 -失陪 |
[19:59] | Okay, look. Last night, just having a little fun– | 昨晚只是找了点乐子 |
[20:02] | Alma, this isn’t funny. This is my life. | 阿尔玛 这不好笑 这就是我的人生 |
[20:04] | I didn’t make you do whatever it is you did with that guy. | 我没逼你对那家伙做任何事 |
[20:06] | I hope you feel really special because you ruined something | 希望你觉得自己很特别 因为你毁了 |
[20:08] | that was really beautiful because it wasn’t yours. | 一个非常美丽的东西 而且不是你的 |
[20:10] | Becca, I’m not trying to ruin your life. | 贝卡 我没想毁了你的生活 |
[20:12] | Believe it or not, I’m trying to help you. | 信不信由你 我是想帮你 |
[20:13] | You don’t want to marry Reed. | 你不想嫁给里德 |
[20:14] | Oh, right. I get it, | 我明白了 |
[20:15] | he’s white, and he’s rich, | 他是白人 而且很有钱 |
[20:16] | – so you don’t like him. – That’s not the point. | -所以你不喜欢他 -这不是重点 |
[20:17] | Well, what is the point? | 那重点是什么 |
[20:18] | ‘Cause we’re broken people. | 因为我们的人生不完整 |
[20:21] | Okay? And broken people break people. | 好吗 所以我们会拖累别人 |
[20:24] | No, I’m not broken, Alma. I’m not. | 我没有啊 阿尔玛 |
[20:27] | I’m really fucking happy, and I wish that you would stop telling me | 我真他妈高兴 我希望你不要再告诉我 |
[20:30] | what you think is best for me because I’m not you. | 你认为什么对我最好了 因为我不是你 |
[20:32] | – Okay… – You are so insanely self-involved. | -好吧 -你太自我了 |
[20:34] | You don’t even know all the things that are wrong with you. | 甚至都不知道自己有什么毛病 |
[20:40] | No, I do. | 不 我知道 |
[20:43] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[20:47] | You know what? Here’s your ring. | 这是你的戒指 |
[20:51] | You can try to hold onto it. | 好好保管它吧 |
[21:16] | Dad? | 爸爸 |