时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Were you sleepwalking again? | 你又梦游了吗 |
[00:49] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[00:53] | – Were you sleepwalking again? – Oh. I guess so. | -你又梦游了吗 -是吧 |
[01:06] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[01:08] | Looking for my glasses. | 找我的眼镜 |
[01:11] | You don’t wear glasses. | 你不戴眼镜 |
[01:13] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[01:17] | Have you seen my harmonica? | 你看到我的口琴了吗 |
[01:21] | Stop! | 好啦 |
[01:22] | No? What about here? | 没有吗 这里呢 |
[01:24] | Getting warmer. | 暖和了 |
[01:28] | Did you move the photos in the hallway? | 你换了走廊的照片吗 |
[01:31] | – What? – The photos in the hallway are in a different order. | -什么 -走廊的照片顺序不同了 |
[01:34] | Did you move them around while I was in the hospital? | 我在医院的时候 你换过了吗 |
[01:37] | I don’t think so. | 没有啊 |
[01:44] | I feel like I’m losing my mind. | 我觉得我要疯了 |
[01:59] | I know two weeks is a long time for me to be away. | 我知道我离开两周算是挺久的 |
[02:01] | That’s like one seventy-eighth of your life. | 那是你们人生中的七十八分之一 |
[02:05] | But it felt like a long time for me, too. | 但对我来说也一样很漫长 |
[02:06] | I mean, imagine if your birthday came only once every six years, | 想象一下如果你们每六年过一次生日 |
[02:11] | then none of you would have had a birthday yet. | 那你们都还没有过过生日 |
[02:13] | And you’d have to wait a whole ‘nother lifetime | 你们得再等一辈子 |
[02:14] | for candles and cake. | 才能等到蜡烛和蛋糕 |
[02:16] | That’s how long it felt for me to be away from you. | 这就是我离开你们的感觉 |
[02:18] | – What kind of cake? – Not the point. Try to keep up, Cassie. | -什么蛋糕 -这不是重点 仔细听 卡西 |
[02:22] | Yes, Zabeth? | 扎贝斯 |
[02:23] | Were you scared? | 你害怕吗 |
[02:25] | I… | 我 |
[02:28] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[02:29] | You really don’t remember anything? | 你真的什么都不记得了吗 |
[02:31] | The doctor said it’s normal with trauma. | 医生说这是创伤后的正常现象 |
[02:34] | It’s just the days around the accident. But it’ll come back. | 只是事故发生后的那几天 我会想起来的 |
[02:36] | Do you have any scars? From the accident? Do you have any scars? | 你有疤痕吗 事故中造成的疤痕 |
[02:40] | Well, I… I do have this. | 我有这个 |
[02:42] | – Maybe you don’t need to lift your– – What about that? | -你不用把衣服 -那个呢 |
[02:46] | Oh, that’s old. | 那就之前的 |
[02:47] | My dad died, and I thought it was my fault. | 我爸当初死了 我以为是我的错 |
[02:50] | But that was a long time ago. | 但那是很久以前的事了 |
[02:52] | What is “died”? | 什么是死亡 |
[03:03] | Okay, okay. Hey, why don’t we all go play? | 好了 我们一起去玩吧 |
[03:10] | I got it. Why don’t you take a break? | 我来吧 你去休息一下 |
[03:12] | I got it. Why don’t you take a break? | 我可以的 你去休息一下吧 |
[03:15] | – Okay. – And you can have more time if you need it. | -好 -如果你有需要 可以再休息一段时间 |
[03:20] | – There’s no rush. – I– I know, but it’s… | -不着急的 -我知道 但是 |
[03:22] | It’s better for me if things get back to normal. | 如果一切恢复正常 对我来说会更好 |
[03:24] | Yeah, sure! Or maybe even better than normal. | 当然 甚至比正常更好 |
[03:28] | Like not flashing the kids or whatever. | 比如别在孩子面前暴露私密部位 |
[03:39] | It’s okay. It’s okay. I’m here. Your dad’s here. | 没事了 我来了 爸爸来了 |
[03:42] | I know! Why do you think I said, “Ah!” | 我知道 不然我为什么会喊”啊” |
[03:45] | Where have you been? What is happening? | 你去哪里了 怎么回事 |
[03:46] | When do things get back to normal? | 什么时候才会恢复正常 |
[03:48] | Things aren’t gonna get back to normal. | 不会恢复正常的 |
[03:50] | We talked about this. Don’t you remember? | 我们聊过的 你不记得了吗 |
[03:52] | I– I can’t do this. I can’t keep… | 我做不到 我没办法 |
[03:54] | Ending up places and seeing stuff and missing things. | 突然到一个地方看到古怪的东西 或者错过什么 |
[03:58] | No, you can do this, all right? | 不 你能做到的 好吗 |
[03:59] | I know that you can because you will, | 我知道你可以 因为你会做到 |
[04:03] | because in a way, you already have. | 因为在某种程度上 你已经做到了 |
[04:05] | Because time is a limited form of experience, | 因为时间是有限的经验形式 |
[04:07] | you know what I mean? | 你明白吗 |
[04:08] | No, I don’t. I don’t understand any of this. | 不 我不明白 我完全不明白 |
[04:12] | Okay. I just– | 好吧 我只 |
[04:16] | Come here, I wanna show you something. | 过来 我想给你看点东西 |
[04:18] | – See these blocks? – Yeah. | -看到这些积木了吗 -嗯 |
[04:19] | Imagine these blocks are the whole world. | 想象一下这些积木就是整个世界 |
[04:21] | I mean, everything in the world, in the whole universe, really. | 整个世界和宇宙的一切 |
[04:24] | Like, this block is the pyramids, | 比如这个积木就是金字塔 |
[04:27] | and this block is Julia Roberts, | 这个积木是茱莉亚·罗伯茨 |
[04:29] | and this block is a grilled cheese sandwich. | 这个积木是烤奶酪三明治 |
[04:32] | Okay, so here comes Mr. Construction Worker– | 建筑工人过来了 |
[04:35] | Oh, we like to pretend that’s a lesbian mom. | 我们一般假装那是个女同性恋妈妈 |
[04:38] | Sure, it’s a lesbian mom, | 好的 这是女同性恋妈妈 |
[04:40] | and she’s walking, | 她在走路 |
[04:42] | and she’s looking around, and… | 她四处张望 然后 |
[04:43] | And from her perspective, well, these blocks are everything. | 在她看来 这些积木就是一切 |
[04:47] | But you and I, we’re up here, | 但是你和我 我们在上面 |
[04:49] | and we can see, no, they’re just blocks. You understand? | 我们可以看到它们只是积木 你明白吗 |
[04:52] | – Right, but– – See, you’re not really up here. | -嗯 但是 -瞧 你并不是真的在上面 |
[04:56] | Well, you have one foot up here, | 好吧 你有一只脚在上面 |
[04:57] | and you have one foot still down there in the blocks. | 你还有一只脚在下面的积木里 |
[05:01] | – Yeah. – It won’t always be like this. See… | -嗯 -但是不会一直这样 |
[05:05] | It’s kinda like driving stick shift versus an automatic transmission. | 这有点像手动挡和自动挡汽车的区别 |
[05:09] | I mean, an automatic transmission’s easier, | 自动挡更容易开 |
[05:11] | but you’re not really driving, right? | 但你不是真的在开车 对吧 |
[05:13] | The car’s driving you. | 是车载着你在走 |
[05:14] | So, I want you to… | 所以 我希望你 |
[05:17] | Want you to close your eyes | 你闭上眼睛 |
[05:19] | and take a deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[05:21] | And remember that feeling of the first time you drove a stick. | 回忆一下你第一次开手动挡时的感觉 |
[05:27] | I’ve never driven a stick shift. | 我没开过手动挡 |
[05:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:32] | I don’t know how to drive stick. | 我不知道怎么开手动挡的车 |
[05:34] | – No one taught you to drive stick? – No. | -没人教你开手动挡吗 -没有 |
[05:36] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[05:37] | – You don’t know how to drive stick? – No. | -你不知道怎么开手动挡 -嗯 |
[05:39] | – Your mum… – What, are we caught in a loop? | -你妈妈 -我们陷入了循环了吗 |
[05:41] | – No, man! – I just can’t believe somebody could say | -没教过 -我真不敢相信有人会说 |
[05:43] | they taught you to drive, and they never taught you stick. | 他们教了你开车 却从来没教过你手动挡 |
[05:45] | – That’s the basics! – Well, how about this. | -这是最基本的 -这样吧 |
[05:46] | You want to teach your daughter how to drive stick, don’t die! | 如果你想教你女儿怎么开手动挡 那就别死啊 |
[05:49] | Well, if you’re gonna use that against me– | 好吧 既然你都说这话来怼我了 |
[05:50] | And you know, also, didn’t you lose your title | 而且你出车祸死了以后 |
[05:52] | of “Expert on Driving Cars” when you died in a car accident? | 就称不上汽车驾驶专家了吧 |
[05:57] | I told you, it wasn’t an accident. | 我说了 那不是意外 |
[05:59] | Someone was trying to kill me. | 是有人想杀我 |
[06:01] | You think I would just drive so recklessly into a ravine? | 你以为我会鲁莽地把车开进峡谷 |
[06:04] | Leave you behind like that? I would never do that. | 就这样丢下你吗 我绝不会那样做的 |
[06:06] | Who would want to kill you? | 谁想杀你 |
[06:08] | I can’t know for sure. | 我不确定 |
[06:09] | That’s why I need your help. | 所以我需要你的帮助 |
[06:11] | Why me, though? | 为什么是我 |
[06:12] | Because you’re outside of the moment. And you can. | 因为你现在是局外人 而且你有能力帮我 |
[06:15] | I mean, every time I try to get close to my own death, | 每次我试图接近自己的死亡 |
[06:18] | I– I get pushed away by the trauma. | 我就会被创伤推开 |
[06:20] | I try to focus, but I end up someplace else– | 我试着集中注意力 但最后还是出现在别的地方 |
[06:27] | Careful, careful! You could hurt her. | 小心 小心 你会伤到她的 |
[06:30] | You okay? Say you’re sorry. | 你没事吧 说声对不起 |
[06:32] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | -对不起 -没关系 |
[06:34] | All right, go play. | 好了 去玩吧 |
[06:38] | What were you doing? | 你刚才在干什么 |
[06:49] | The Chichimeca were a fierce nomadic tribe | 奇希梅卡是一个凶猛的游牧部落 |
[06:51] | who lived north of the Valley… | 住在山谷的北部 |
[06:54] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:56] | Yeah, you know, I think things will probably sort themselves out | 是的 如果再给点时间 |
[06:58] | with a little more time. | 就会水到渠成的 |
[07:03] | I will. Okay. Bye. | 我会的 好 再见 |
[07:08] | That was Tunde. He’s worried about you. | 唐德打来的 他很担心你 |
[07:11] | He thinks maybe you should take some more time off. | 他觉得你应该多休息一段时间 |
[07:14] | And he called you? | 他打电话给你了 |
[07:15] | What are you, my dad? Where’s my phone? | 你是谁啊 我爸吗 我的电话呢 |
[07:17] | I thought it was weird, too. | 我也觉得奇怪 |
[07:18] | I mean, you probably know better than I do how you’re doing. | 你应该比我更清楚你现在的情况 |
[07:21] | And you’re doing okay, right? | 你还好吧 |
[07:23] | Come on, I want to show you something. | 来 我想给你看点东西 |
[07:27] | Dad, what if it’s not safe for me to be like this? | 爸爸 如果我这样不安全怎么办 |
[07:30] | What if someone gets hurt? | 如果有人受伤怎么办 |
[07:31] | What if everything in the universe is predetermined, | 如果宇宙中的一切都是注定的呢 |
[07:34] | and people should take a chill pill | 人们不应该杞人忧天 |
[07:35] | ’cause they don’t actually control anything? | 因为他们实际上什么都无法控制 |
[07:37] | – Is that true? – Look, you don’t hurt people. | -这是真的吗 -你不会伤害别人的 |
[07:39] | You help people. That’s who you are. | 你只会帮助他人 |
[07:41] | Remember when you were eight, you went to that new school, | 记得你八岁的时候 上的那所新学校 |
[07:43] | and everyone teased you, even that stinky girl Rita? | 所有人都取笑你 甚至那个臭臭的女孩丽塔 |
[07:46] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[07:48] | Those girls sucked. | 那些女孩好坏 |
[07:50] | Yeah, and your mom and I, we got calls from the principal | 是的 你妈妈和我接到了校长的电话 |
[07:54] | because you kept showing up to gym class without your uniform. | 因为你上体育课一直不穿运动服 |
[07:57] | It turns out you were lending your dry shorts to Rita | 原来丽塔每次尿裤子时 |
[08:00] | whenever she wet herself. | 你都会把干的短裤借给她 |
[08:01] | I probably just wanted to get out of climbing a dumb rope. | 我可能只是为了不想爬绳子吧 |
[08:04] | No, you’re a thoughtful kid. You’re kind and special and good. | 不 你很体贴 你很善良 特别 友好 |
[08:09] | Dad, I wish you could’ve seen | 爸爸 我真希望你能看到 |
[08:10] | what a fuck-up I’ve been. | 我现在有多操蛋 |
[08:11] | You wouldn’t say these things. | 你就不会说这些话了 |
[08:12] | Your core will always be your core, you know? | 本性难移 你知道吗 |
[08:15] | – I’m your dad. I know these things. – Of course. | -我是你爸爸 我很清楚 -当然了 |
[08:17] | The only one in my family who believes in me is the dead one. | 家里唯一相信我的人 就是这个死人 |
[08:20] | For now. Do you know what I did? Do you know who I was? | 这是暂时的 你知道我生前是什么样的人吗 |
[08:23] | You were a professor. A science professor. | 你是科学教授 |
[08:26] | – Science? Try Theoretical Physics. – I said “science.” | -科学 是理论物理 -我说了是科学 |
[08:30] | Calling Theoretical Physics “science” | 称理论物理学为科学 |
[08:32] | is like saying John Lennon was a singer. | 就像称约翰·列侬为歌手一样 |
[08:34] | Well, he did sing. | 他是唱过歌啊 |
[08:38] | So, let’s talk about time travel. | 我们来谈谈时间旅行吧 |
[08:39] | Theoretically, why is time travel impossible? | 理论上说 为什么时间旅行不可能 |
[08:43] | Come on, guys, we talked about this last week. | 各位 我们上周才讨论过 |
[08:45] | What is the barrier? | 有什么障碍 |
[08:47] | The light speed barrier? | 光速障碍 |
[08:48] | The light speed barrier. Thank you, Farnaz. | 光速障碍 谢谢 法纳兹 |
[08:52] | So, does anything move faster than light? | 有什么东西比光移动得快吗 |
[08:55] | – No! – Superman? | -没有 -超人 |
[08:57] | Quantum entanglement does. | 量子纠缠可以 |
[08:58] | Quantum entanglement does. Very good. | 量子纠缠可以 很好 |
[09:01] | Now, how does this help us with time travel. Anybody? | 这对我们的时间旅行有什么帮助 有人知道吗 |
[09:07] | Come on. No one knows? | 拜托 没人知道吗 |
[09:11] | Well, that’s a shame ’cause I was hoping you could tell me | 太可惜了 因为我希望你们能告诉我 |
[09:14] | ’cause I don’t know either. | 因为我也不知道 |
[09:16] | I lied. I know. | 我撒谎了 我知道 |
[09:18] | – What? – Quantum entanglement. Time travel. All of it. | -什么 -量子纠缠 时间旅行 这一切 |
[09:21] | Remember the research I was doing with the shamans? | 还记得我和巫师做的研究吗 |
[09:24] | I got one of our friends to take a spin in the MRI machine. | 我让一个朋友做了核磁共振 |
[09:27] | Oh, my God. This is a shaman’s brain? | 天啊 这是巫师的大脑 |
[09:29] | This is amazing. | 太神奇了 |
[09:31] | If we continue down this path– | 如果我们继续沿着这条路走下去 |
[09:32] | The university’s never going to fund Phase Two. | 大学不会资助第二阶段的 |
[09:36] | If only we could get an independent grant. | 除非我们能申请专项补助 |
[09:40] | You know what, I forgot to tell you, uh, | 你知道吗 我忘了告诉你 |
[09:42] | we got an independent grant. | 我们申请到专项补助了 |
[09:43] | Holy shit! | 天啊 |
[09:46] | I can’t believe this… | 难以置信 |
[09:47] | What’s going on with you and your little teacher’s pet here? | 你和你”老师的小宠物”怎么了 |
[09:50] | I feel like you’re honing in on the wrong part of this. | 我觉得你关注点好像不对 |
[09:52] | We’re talking about rearranging the fundamentals of time. | 我们在讨论重新安排时间的基础 |
[09:56] | Rearranging? | 重新安排 |
[10:08] | Sam? | 山姆 |
[10:11] | – Yeah? – You changed the pictures again. | -嗯 -你又换了照片 |
[10:13] | Well, yeah. You said they were wrong, so I rearranged them. | 是的 你说顺序不对 我就给换了 |
[10:16] | I still don’t think this is right. | 我还是觉得不对 |
[10:18] | Honestly, I didn’t even know they were in an order to begin with. | 老实说 我都不知道一开始的顺序是什么 |
[10:21] | But how did they get out of order in the first place? | 但它们一开始的顺序怎么会乱呢 |
[10:24] | You know, I bet it was one of those burglars | 我打赌是窃贼 |
[10:26] | that breaks in your house and doesn’t steal anything, | 破门而入却什么也不偷 |
[10:28] | but just moves stuff around to confuse you. | 只是把东西弄乱让你迷惑 |
[10:30] | Right, one of those prankster burglars. | 对 恶作剧窃贼 |
[10:33] | Sure, sure, sure, sure. | 没错 没错 |
[10:34] | Not everything is a huge mystery, okay? | 并非每件事都是谜 好吗 |
[10:37] | They probably just fell off and I put them back up. | 它们可能就是掉了下来 我把它们放回去了 |
[10:39] | Did they fall off and then you put them back up? | 它们掉下来 然后你又放回去了 |
[10:41] | Yeah. Maybe. Probably. | 也许 可能吧 |
[10:43] | – You don’t know? – I’m sorry, okay? | -你不知道 -对不起 好吗 |
[10:44] | You’re not the only one who’s had a rough couple of weeks. | 这几周不止你一个人不好过 |
[10:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:50] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:03] | Look, you don’t need to worry about me | 听着 你不用担心我 |
[11:04] | – because I’m pretty much okay. – Pretty much? | -我差不多没事了 -差不多 |
[11:07] | I’ll be more focused. I promise. | 我会更认真的 我保证 |
[11:10] | Alma, I consider you a friend, | 阿尔玛 我把你当朋友 |
[11:13] | but I’m also, like, technically your boss. | 但严格来说 我也是你的老板 |
[11:15] | And I have to do what’s right for the safety of the kids | 我得为孩子们着想 |
[11:19] | as much as I sometimes wish the story time mat | 虽然我有时候希望故事时间垫 |
[11:21] | would swirl into a black hole and suck them all away. | 能旋转变成一个黑洞把他们都吸走 |
[11:24] | I mean, that’d be pretty cool. | 那肯定很酷 |
[11:27] | And also, a tragedy. And not cool. At all. | 而且这是悲剧 根本不酷 |
[11:34] | Okay, we’ll give it another shot. | 好吧 我们再试试 |
[11:36] | But if you’re feeling weird about anything, | 但如果你觉得有什么不对劲 |
[11:38] | just come talk to me, and we’ll figure it out. | 就过来和我谈谈 我们会想办法解决的 |
[11:40] | Okay. And, um, | 好的 |
[11:41] | if you’re feeling weird about anything, | 如果你觉得有什么不对劲 |
[11:43] | just bring your concerns directly to me | 就直接来找我 |
[11:44] | and don’t call my boyfriend. | 别给我男朋友打电话 |
[11:46] | ‘Cause that’s weird. | 因为那样很奇怪 |
[11:48] | I’m not sure you’re the best judge | 我不确定你现在是否了解 |
[11:50] | of your emotional recovery right now, | 自己的情绪恢复状况 |
[11:52] | so I wanted an outside opinion. | 所以我想听听他人的意见 |
[11:54] | Well, you don’t need to do that. | 好吧 你不需要那么做 |
[11:56] | Well, I’ll do what I think is right for the safety of the kids. | 为了孩子们的安全 我必须得采取一些措施 |
[12:03] | That was pathetic. | 真可悲 |
[12:05] | Where were we? Here, so… | 我们说到哪了 这里 |
[12:08] | Everyone has two, for lack of a better word, selves– | 每个人都有两个 我想不到合适的词 自我 |
[12:12] | – Dad– – So, when the selves split– | -爸爸 -当”自我”分裂时 |
[12:15] | – This isn’t working, okay? I can’t do this. – You can do this. | -不行的 我不行 -你可以的 |
[12:17] | – I want to help you, but I can’t. – You will. | -我想帮助你 但我不行 -你可以的 |
[12:20] | No, no, no, no. Listen, | 不 不 听着 |
[12:21] | you’re just going too fast. | 你只是速度太快了 |
[12:23] | And I’m pushing you. | 我又在督促你 |
[12:25] | We’re both learning here. We can do this together. | 我们都在学习 我们可以一起完成的 |
[12:28] | Okay, but… | 好 但是 |
[12:30] | I need to be able to function. | 我得正常工作 |
[12:35] | You know, like, in the real world. | 你懂的 在现实世界里 |
[12:36] | I know what you need. You need an anchor. | 我知道你需要什么 你需要一个锚 |
[12:38] | You need something physical | 你需要一个实物 |
[12:40] | that will keep you present in the physical plane. | 让你能留在物质层面 |
[12:42] | Like a rosary, or a prayer wheel. | 比如念珠 或者祈祷轮 |
[12:48] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[12:50] | Where is it? | 它哪去了 |
[12:52] | Are we in Mom’s attic? | 我们在妈妈的阁楼里吗 |
[12:54] | Yeah, well, there’s this thing I became obsessed with. | 是的 我当时迷上了一个东西 |
[12:56] | Your mother wanted me to throw it out, | 你妈妈要我把它扔掉 |
[12:58] | but I knew it would come in handy one day, so I hid it up here. | 但我知道有一天它会派上用场 所以我藏在这里 |
[13:01] | I miss the attic. | 我很想念阁楼 |
[13:03] | When I was a teenager, I used to get high… | 我十几岁的时候 老是嗑药 |
[13:05] | scores on my tests by coming up here and studying. | 老是要考试 所以我会上来复习 |
[13:17] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[13:17] | 《圣安东尼奥时报》 本地教授和学生在事故中丧生 | |
[13:22] | Look at that! | 看 |
[13:24] | – And still works! – Wait. | -还能用 -等等 |
[13:26] | This is the thing | 我要用这个 |
[13:26] | that’s supposed to anchor me to the physical realm? | 把我锚定在物质世界里吗 |
[13:29] | – Electronic blackjack. – It’s not the object, okay? | -电子21点 -物体并不重要 好吗 |
[13:32] | It’s the act of playing it. The repeatable action. | 而是玩游戏的动作 可重复的动作 |
[13:35] | It’s complex enough to keep you focused, | 它足够复杂 可以让你集中精力 |
[13:37] | but it’s simple enough not to overwhelm you. | 但这也很简单 不会让你觉得难以掌控 |
[13:39] | You just focus on the pattern of the game, | 你只要专注于游戏的模式 |
[13:42] | and that’ll keep you connected | 这会让你在更大的通用时间线 |
[13:43] | to the larger universal timeline as it proceeds in order. | 处于顺序时和它保持联系 |
[13:47] | – Well, you know, in order– – Are you for real right now? | -顺序 -你是认真的吗 |
[13:50] | 19. I should hold, but… | 19 不应该加了 但是 |
[13:54] | Still got it. | 还是这么棒 |
[13:55] | Alma! Vámanos! | 阿尔玛 走吧 |
[13:57] | – Where are you? We gotta go! – Where do they want me to go? | -你在哪里 我们得走了 -他们要我去哪 |
[14:01] | – Oh, I didn’t tell you. It’s Saturday right now. – What? | -我没告诉你 今天是星期六 -什么 |
[14:05] | What happened to Thursday and Friday? | 周四周五哪去了 |
[14:06] | Don’t worry. Those days are jackasses. | 别担心 反正那两天好蠢 |
[14:09] | – What? – Besides, you can go back to them anytime that you want. | -什么 -而且你想回 随时都可以返回 |
[14:11] | Especially Thursday you should check out | 特别是周四 你应该去看看 |
[14:13] | because you found a new Thai place that you liked. | 因为你找到了一个你喜欢的泰国新饭馆 |
[14:16] | – Alma! What are you doing up there? – Okay. | -阿尔玛 你在上面干什么 -好吧 |
[14:19] | Here, take it. Oh, wait, one more. | 给 拿着 等等 再来一局 |
[14:22] | Okay, it’s yours. Go. | 给你了 去吧 |
[14:27] | – Becca! – What? | -贝卡 -干嘛 |
[14:28] | Are you gonna have a Jewish wedding? ‘Cause I wanna dance the hora. | 你要举行犹太婚礼吗 我想跳荷拉舞 |
[14:30] | We’re not Jewish, Alma. | 我们不是犹太人 阿尔玛 |
[14:32] | But Dad is. | 但爸爸是啊 |
[14:34] | Was. | 生前是 |
[14:36] | Speaking of Dad, | 说到爸爸 |
[14:37] | there was another person in the car with him that night? | 出事那晚 车里还有别人吗 |
[14:40] | Farnaz, right? | 法纳兹 对吧 |
[14:42] | – Well, you know that. – No, I didn’t. You never told me that. | -你知道的 -不 你没告诉过我啊 |
[14:46] | Well, then I must not have thought it was important, | 那肯定是我觉得这不重要吧 |
[14:48] | or I would have mentioned it. | 否则我会说的 |
[14:49] | Or if it wasn’t important, then you would have told me, | 或许如果不重要 你就会告诉我了 |
[14:51] | because it wouldn’t have been a secret. | 因为这就不会是秘密了 |
[14:52] | I thought I did. | 我以为我告诉你了 |
[14:57] | – Do you think they were having an affair? – Alma! No! | -你认为他们有染吗 -阿尔玛 没有 |
[15:01] | She was his student. That’s all I know. | 她是他的学生 我只知道这些 |
[15:04] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[15:07] | If you want to have a conversation with me, | 如果你想和我谈谈 |
[15:08] | take your nose out of that game, hm? | 就别玩那个游戏了 |
[15:09] | Yeah, it’s super annoying. What about this one? | 嗯 太烦人了 这件怎么样 |
[15:13] | I prefer the other. | 我喜欢另一件 |
[15:14] | – I’m not wearing a lace collar, Mom. – Yeah, Mom, come on. | -妈妈 我不穿蕾丝领的 -是啊 妈妈 |
[15:17] | Well, what do I know? | 我懂什么 |
[15:19] | I’ve only been to many more weddings than either of you. | 我只不过比你们俩参加的婚礼都多而已 |
[15:21] | – Yeah, in the ’80s. – Burn! Ya old, Mom! | -是啊 80年代的婚礼 -你老了 妈妈 |
[15:24] | Ay, Dios mio. | 天啊 |
[15:25] | Can you please stop bleeping and blooping and help me for a second? | 你能不能别玩了 帮帮我 |
[15:28] | Just get one with a high waist so it doesn’t hurt when you eat. | 选一个高腰的 这样吃饭时不会被勒到 |
[15:31] | Do not do that. Everyone will think you’re pregnant. | 别啊 那样大家都会以为你怀孕了 |
[15:33] | That’s super helpful. Now, excuse me. | 你们可太会帮忙了 我失陪一下 |
[15:36] | I’m gonna go get a decorative ring pillow for me to scream into. | 我去找个带装饰环形枕 朝它尖叫一下 |
[15:39] | – You’re welcome. – Becca. | -不客气 -贝卡 |
[15:45] | Do you think it’s possible somebody wanted to kill them? | 你认为会不会有人想杀了他们 |
[15:48] | Alma! | 阿尔玛 |
[15:49] | I mean, why would dad just drive himself | 爸爸为什么会把车 |
[15:51] | – into a quarry– – Alma, cállate,okay? | -开进采石场 -阿尔玛 闭嘴 好吗 |
[15:53] | – I don’t want to talk about this. – Okay, what about this one? | -我不想谈这个 -这件怎么样 |
[15:56] | – Ah, beautiful! – Get it. | -漂亮 -就这件 |
[15:58] | Why did you even come? | 你到底是来干嘛的 |
[15:59] | Come on, you know I’m not good at this stuff. | 别这样 你知道我不擅长这个 |
[16:01] | You wanna go to the bar later? I’m good at that. | 你晚点去酒吧吗 我擅长那个 |
[16:03] | – Which bar? – The bar we always go to. | -哪个酒吧 -我们经常去的 |
[16:07] | – What is that? What are you doing? – What? | -你这是在干什么 -怎么了 |
[16:10] | Are you seriously bringing Sam with you to my wedding? | 你真的要带山姆来参加我的婚礼吗 |
[16:13] | Why wouldn’t I? | 有何不可 |
[16:14] | – You really don’t remember anything? – Remember anything about what? | -你真的什么都不记得了 -记得什么 |
[16:16] | Okay, you know what, Alma? I am sick of this. I’m sorry, Mom… | 好吧 阿尔玛 我受够了 对不起 妈妈 |
[16:19] | What am I– | 我怎么 |
[16:36] | Because if that’s the way you wanna live, | 因为如果你想这样生活 |
[16:37] | then that’s the way you wanna live! | 那就这么生活吧 |
[16:43] | Where did you get that game? | 你从哪儿弄来的 |
[16:54] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[16:56] | – Was this couch always this far forward? – Yeah? | -这张沙发一直这么靠前吗 -是啊 |
[17:00] | No! It wasn’t! | 不 不是的 |
[17:02] | Look! You can see the indentations in the carpet. | 看 你可以看到地毯上的凹痕 |
[17:06] | Weird. | 奇怪 |
[17:08] | I swear to God you moved everything around | 我发誓 你在我住院时 |
[17:10] | while I was in the hospital just to mess with me. | 肯定把东西搬来搬去的 就是为了捣乱 |
[17:12] | – Why would I do that? – I don’t know. | -我为什么要那样做 -我不知道 |
[17:14] | I just feel like everyone’s messing with me. | 我只是觉得所有人都在和我捣乱 |
[17:16] | Alma, I swear to God, I’m not. | 阿尔玛 我向上帝发誓 我没有 |
[17:25] | Whatcha got there? | 这是什么 |
[17:27] | Did something happen between you and Becca | 我在医院的时候 |
[17:29] | while I was in the hospital? | 你和贝卡发生了什么事吗 |
[17:31] | – I don’t think so. – She thinks you’re not coming to the wedding. | -没有啊 -她觉得你不会来参加婚礼 |
[17:34] | Well, you know your sister. | 你知道你妹的 |
[17:35] | She gets weird about stuff. | 她做事很古怪 |
[17:36] | She’s a weird lady. | 她是个古怪的女人 |
[17:37] | She’s actually aggressively not weird. That’s kind of her problem. | 她其实并不古怪 这才是她的问题 |
[17:40] | Weddings do always bring the worst out of people. | 婚礼总是能揭露人们最坏的一面 |
[17:44] | I guess so. | 也是 |
[17:47] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[17:57] | Mateo! What’s happening? All right! | 马特奥 你好啊 好吧 |
[18:00] | Oliver, my man! | 奥利弗 你好啊 |
[18:04] | Rosa Celia! Crayon up your nose! You do you, girl! | 罗莎·西莉亚 鼻子里查着蜡笔 干得漂亮 |
[18:07] | – Cassie! – Whatcha playing? | -卡西 -你在玩什么 |
[18:10] | – A game. – I wanna play! | -游戏 -我也想玩 |
[18:11] | Cassie! Right now, it’s Alma’s turn. | 卡西 现在轮到阿尔玛了 |
[18:13] | – Maybe next time, it will be your turn. – Oh. No, no, no, no. | -也许下次就轮到你了 -不 不 |
[18:15] | This is an adult game. | 这是成人游戏 |
[18:16] | It would be irresponsible for me to let her play. | 给她玩的话 那我就太不负责了 |
[18:19] | That’s not fair! | 这不公平 |
[18:27] | Hey, Alma. Question. | 阿尔玛 我有个问题 |
[18:29] | Is it absolutely necessary for you to play that game continuously? | 你一定要一直玩那个游戏吗 |
[18:34] | It kinda is, actually. | 事实上 是的 |
[18:36] | Well, okay, follow-up question: Is it–? | 接下来的问题是 真的吗 |
[18:39] | Doctor’s orders. It helps me focus, and that’s what you wanted. | 这是医嘱 能帮助我专注 这是你所希望的 |
[18:44] | You wanted this. | 这是你想要的 |
[18:45] | So a doctor ordered you to play electronic blackjack | 所以医生嘱咐你一直玩电子21点 |
[18:49] | all the time to get better? | 是为了让你康复吗 |
[18:51] | What, do you want to see a prescription or something? | 怎么 你想看处方吗 |
[18:53] | Yeah, actually, I’d be really interested in that. | 是的 我真的很感兴趣 |
[18:55] | Tunde, I really wish you wouldn’t get in the middle | 唐德 我真的希望你不要干预 |
[18:58] | of a woman’s health care rights and treatment. | 一个女人的医疗保健权利以及治疗 |
[19:03] | Okay, yeah. | 好吧 |
[19:06] | – Enjoy your game. – Thank you. | -好好玩游戏吧 -谢谢 |
[19:13] | – Bye. – Bye! | -再见 -再见 |
[19:15] | – Take care. – Take it easy. | -保重 -慢走 |
[19:18] | Bye, Oliver! | 再见 奥利弗 |
[19:19] | – Say goodbye, Oliver! – Goodbye! | -说再见 奥利弗 -再见 |
[19:21] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[19:25] | Oh, you’re leaving us so soon. | 你这么快就要离开了 |
[19:34] | Wait! | 等等 |
[19:38] | Just, um, keep him away from the water, please. | 请让他离水远一点 |
[19:42] | – I don’t understand. – Alma– | -什么 -阿尔玛 |
[19:44] | – What’s in the water? – Nothing. | -水里有什么 -没什么 |
[19:45] | – Nothing, Alma’s just, just– – Listen to me! | -没什么 阿尔玛只是 -听我说 |
[19:47] | Right now. | 听好了 |
[19:49] | You need to get him swim lessons, okay? | 你得送他去上游泳课 好吗 |
[19:51] | I know I sound crazy, but I’m just trying to help. | 我知道这听起来很疯狂 但我是想帮你们 |
[19:53] | Okay! It’s okay, Alma. We’ll sign him up. | 好的 没事的 阿尔玛 我们会给他报名的 |
[19:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:27] | What’s all this stuff? | 这些是什么 |
[20:29] | I stole it from my mom’s attic. | 我从我妈的阁楼上偷来的 |
[20:31] | Don’t tell her. | 别告诉她 |
[20:35] | I’m figuring out who killed my dad. | 我在调查是谁杀了我爸 |
[20:37] | I didn’t know that’s what happened. Is that what happened? | 你爸是被谋杀的吗 真的吗 |
[20:40] | Yeah. Pretty sure. | 是的 我确定 |
[20:45] | – So, uh, how was school today? – It was good. | -今天学校怎么样 -很好 |
[20:49] | Good. Um, are you gonna come back to bed? | 很好 你过来睡觉吗 |
[20:52] | Yep, in a bit. | 嗯 过会的 |