时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Fuck! | 操 |
[00:12] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[00:14] | What? Cut myself? | 什么 割伤自己吗 |
[00:15] | No, you altered the timeline. | 不 你改变了时间线 |
[00:18] | But not really. | 算不上吧 |
[00:20] | But yes, really. But also, not. | 但是真的 但也不是 |
[00:23] | It doesn’t matter, because you have it. | 没关系 因为你有这个能力了 |
[00:26] | What do I have? | 我有什么能力 |
[00:29] | I have to tell you everything. | 我必须把一切都告诉你 |
[00:32] | When I was six, my mother was the center of our universe. | 我六岁的时候 母亲是我们世界的中心 |
[00:39] | Mama, what’re you singing? | 妈妈 你在唱什么 |
[00:42] | Something I heard in a dream. | 我在梦里听到的歌 |
[00:50] | No, no, no. I don’t think so. Not a good idea. | 不 不行 这不是个好主意 |
[00:58] | Why is your boyfriend moving our couch? | 你男朋友为什么要搬我们的沙发 |
[01:00] | I guess my mind’s wandering a little bit. | 我脑子有点乱 |
[01:02] | – This is important. – I know, I’m sorry, I just… | -这很重要 -我知道 对不起 我只是 |
[01:04] | I gotta deal with something real quick. | 我得赶紧处理一件事情 |
[01:10] | Hey, babe. Whatcha doing? | 宝贝 你在干什么 |
[01:12] | Oh, you know, I was just thinking about | 我只是在想 |
[01:13] | how everything is always so smooth with us. | 我们之间的一切总是那么顺利 |
[01:16] | You know, how we never have any weird secrets or deep betrayals. | 我们从来没有任何奇怪的秘密或深刻的背叛 |
[01:20] | – Shit. – I broke up with you! | -完了 -我和你分手了 |
[01:21] | And you’ve been lying to me this whole time! | 你一直在骗我 |
[01:24] | – Becca told you. – Why would Becca tell me? | -贝卡告诉你了 -贝卡为什么会告诉我 |
[01:25] | Because she cheated on Reed with the bartender! | 因为她背叛了里德 和酒保上床了 |
[01:28] | – Wait. What? – Yeah. I figured it out. | -等等 什么 -我看出来了 |
[01:30] | And she didn’t want me to tell you, | 她不想让我告诉你 |
[01:31] | and I was like, “I can’t lie to Alma.” | 我说”我不能对阿尔玛撒谎” |
[01:33] | And then she blackmailed me with this other thing, | 然后她就用这件事来勒索我 |
[01:36] | and yeah, she’s a liar! | 是的 她是个骗子 |
[01:38] | Be the sky, be the sky, be the sky. | 变成天空 变成天空 |
[01:45] | You’re it. | 抓到你了 |
[01:47] | No, you’re it. | 不 是你 |
[01:50] | Alma, Becca. Come here, I want to show you something. | 阿尔玛 贝卡 过来 我给你们看点东西 |
[01:55] | The Spaniards called this El Baño Del Rey. | 西班牙人称之为”厄尔巴诺德雷” |
[01:57] | – That means “Bath of the King.” – “Bath of the King.” | -意思是国王之浴 -国王之浴 |
[02:00] | But nobody knows what it was used for. | 但没人知道它是用来干什么的 |
[02:01] | I mean, was it a king’s bathtub? | 这是国王的浴缸吗 |
[02:04] | Or maybe it was a reflecting pool? | 或者是一个倒影池 |
[02:05] | Mmm, maybe it was a big mirror! | 也许是一面大镜子 |
[02:07] | Or maybe it was just a bathtub. Bathtubs are fun, too. | 或者只是个浴缸 浴缸也很有趣 |
[02:11] | – I like baths. – That’s my good girl. | -我喜欢浴缸 -好姑娘 |
[02:13] | Okay now, when you imagine | 现在你们想象一下 |
[02:15] | your great-great-great grandmother’s life, | 你曾曾曾祖母的生活 |
[02:18] | she was a Nahuatl Indian… | 她是一个纳瓦特印第安人 |
[02:19] | We’re mostly Spanish. | 我们其实是西班牙人 |
[02:20] | Okay, but we have some indigenous blood, right, Mom? | 好吧 但是我们有土著血统 对吧 妈妈 |
[02:22] | Yes, but people are not so nice to Indians, | 是的 但是人们对印第安人不太友好 |
[02:25] | so be careful what you say. | 所以你们说话要小心 |
[02:26] | So, when you picture your Nahuatl grandmother’s life, | 所以 当你想象纳瓦特曾曾曾祖母的生活时 |
[02:29] | what would this big hole be used for? | 你觉得这个大洞是用来干什么的 |
[02:33] | for washing clothes. | 洗衣服 |
[02:35] | Anything special about it? | 它有什么特别的吗 |
[02:36] | Yeah! | 有啊 |
[02:37] | You could go underwater, and hold onto the clothes, | 你可以在水下抓住衣服 |
[02:39] | and they would send you into a magic underneath world. | 它们会把你送去一个魔法世界 |
[02:41] | That’s great. I really like that. | 很好 我真的很喜欢 |
[02:44] | Or, maybe it was just a bathtub, and that’s okay, too. | 或许只是个浴缸 也可以 |
[02:48] | Yeah, that’s okay, too. | 是啊 也可以的 |
[02:51] | You’re it! | 抓到你了 |
[02:54] | Wait. Did you bring me here? | 等等 是你带我来这里了吗 |
[02:56] | This is where my research really began. | 这才是我真正开始研究的地方 |
[02:58] | No, no. Not then, now. | 不 我不是说那时 是现在 |
[03:00] | “Then, now… ” it’s… | 那时 现在 |
[03:01] | Dad, I was in the middle of a conversation. | 爸爸 我正在谈话 |
[03:02] | But I have so much to tell you, and you’re finally ready. | 但我有很多事要告诉你 而你终于准备好了 |
[03:05] | And I want to learn. I want to do this. | 我想学习 我想做这件事 |
[03:08] | But… Sam. | 但是山姆 |
[03:13] | So you see, it wasn’t so much a lie | 所以你看 这不是什么谎言 |
[03:15] | as a “rolling with it” situation. | 而是顺其自然 |
[03:17] | You seemed to think everything was okay, | 你当时觉得一切都很好 |
[03:18] | and I just didn’t want to confuse you. | 我不想把你弄糊涂了 |
[03:20] | You’re saying we broke up, you moved all of your stuff out, | 你是说我们分手了 你把所有东西都搬走了 |
[03:22] | then you moved it back in without my permission, | 然后你在我住院的时候 |
[03:24] | while I was in the hospital, to not confuse me? | 未经我的允许又搬了回来 就是为了不让我糊涂 |
[03:28] | – Yeah, I guess that’s what I’m saying. – Yeah, I just need you to go. | -是的 我是这个意思 -你走吧 |
[03:30] | – Wait. Like “go” go? – Yeah, just… | -等等 你是说真的离开吗 -嗯 |
[03:33] | I need to think about how I ended up here | 我想思考一下我怎么会变成这样 |
[03:34] | and how I ever trusted you. | 又为什么会相信你 |
[03:36] | Wait! If I can just explain myself. | 等等 让我解释一下 |
[03:38] | Look, yes, it was a terrible thing to do, but… | 是的 这事是我不对 但是 |
[04:27] | Feel the vibrations of the music. | 感受音乐的振动 |
[04:34] | Imagine it is moving through your neighbor’s body. | 想象一下它在旁人的身体里飘过 |
[04:40] | It’s moving through all our bodies, connecting us. | 它正在穿过我们所有的身体 连接着我们 |
[05:11] | Wait, Dad, I want to stay here. | 等等 爸爸 我想留在这里 |
[05:15] | I need to show you something. | 我给你看点东西 |
[05:17] | Dad, don’t change it yet. I was happy here. | 爸爸 先别换场景 我在这里很开心 |
[05:21] | Yeah, but happiness can be an escape. | 是的 但是开心也可以是一种逃避 |
[05:30] | That’s depressing. | 真令人沮丧 |
[05:41] | Is that a guitar? | 这是吉他吗 |
[05:42] | Yes, it is. It’s called a concha. | 是的 它叫弓察 |
[05:46] | It’s made out of an armadillo shell. | 它是用犰狳壳做的 |
[05:49] | Which was a blessing | 这是一种祝福 |
[05:50] | because it carries within the key numbers of the whole universe. | 因为它包含着整个宇宙的关键数字 |
[05:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:58] | You also carry a universe within you. | 你体内也包含一个宇宙 |
[06:01] | – I do? – I’m gonna sing a song for that universe. | -是吗 -我要为宇宙唱一首歌 |
[06:04] | Okay! | 好 |
[06:27] | I know that melody. | 我知道那个旋律 |
[06:30] | My mother used to hum it. | 我妈妈原来经常哼 |
[06:32] | Really? Where did she hear it? | 是吗 她在哪里听过 |
[06:34] | She said she heard it in a dream. | 她说她在梦里听到的 |
[06:36] | In a dream. Maybe she was a priestess. | 在梦里 也许她是个女祭司 |
[06:40] | Like this little one. | 就像这个小家伙 |
[06:41] | No, um, she wasn’t. | 不 她不是 |
[06:43] | She most definitely wasn’t. | 她肯定不是 |
[06:45] | Or maybe she was, and she didn’t know it. | 或许她是 只是她不知道 |
[06:49] | She needed the guidance of the elders. | 她需要长老们的指导 |
[06:54] | And that got me thinking. | 这件事引起了我的思考 |
[06:57] | Research had recently come out | 最近有研究显示 |
[06:58] | showing that people with schizophrenia, like my mother, | 精神分裂症患者 比如我母亲 |
[07:02] | they have large ventricles. | 脑室都很大 |
[07:03] | Aw, sexy. | 真性感 |
[07:04] | Ventricles are the central pockets of fluid in the brain. | 脑室是大脑液体的中央囊 |
[07:07] | I know. What’s sexier than big pockets of fluid? Right? | 我知道 还有什么比大口袋装液体更性感呢 |
[07:10] | So, okay, I got to thinking maybe mystics and priestesses | 所以我在想也许神秘主义者和女祭司 |
[07:15] | and shamans, maybe they also have larger ventricles. | 还有巫师的脑室都比较大 |
[07:18] | Maybe their abilities come from a specific brain structure. | 也许他们的能力来自于特定的大脑结构 |
[07:22] | And what’d you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[07:23] | Well, I found that it’s very hard | 我发现很难 |
[07:24] | to convince holy people to let me scan their brains. | 说服圣人让我扫描他们的大脑 |
[07:28] | So… no connection? | 所以没有联系吗 |
[07:31] | Well, actually the few that did let me scan them | 实际上少数几个让我扫描的人 |
[07:33] | had larger brain pockets. | 脑室的确更大 |
[07:36] | So, Farnaz and I set out to replicate the abilities | 所以法纳兹和我开始 |
[07:39] | of the shamans and the priestesses | 利用他们的一些古老技术 |
[07:41] | by using some of their ancient techniques | 让我们脑室较大的学生 |
[07:43] | on our students who had larger brain pockets. | 复制巫师和女祭司的能力 |
[07:45] | You were looking at my brain. | 你当时在看我的大脑 |
[07:48] | What? | 什么 |
[07:49] | When I was three, I was in the hospital with pneumonia. | 我三岁的时候 因为肺炎住院 |
[07:52] | When I lost my hearing… | 我失聪的时候 |
[07:53] | you looked at a scan of my brain. | 你看了我的脑部扫描 |
[07:55] | Sure. | 是的 |
[07:56] | Do I have large brain pockets? | 我的脑室大吗 |
[07:59] | I hadn’t developed my theory yet, but, uh, you did. | 当时我还没有形成我的理论 但是你的很大 |
[08:02] | I mean, you do, which is probably why you’ve progressed so rapidly. | 现在也是 这可能就是你进步这么快的原因 |
[08:06] | Did you ever experiment on me? | 你对我做过实验吗 |
[08:09] | No. No, your mother… | 没有 你妈妈 |
[08:12] | she asked that, you know, | 她要求我 |
[08:13] | you wait until you’re older, | 等你长大了 |
[08:15] | and you can make that decision for yourself. | 你可以自己做决定 |
[08:16] | Just like with your implant. | 就像给你做植入手术一样 |
[08:21] | …old enough… to make your own decisions… | 够大了 自己做决定 |
[08:24] | Your hearing aids have never worked well, | 你的助听器一直不好用 |
[08:26] | and it would benefit you to hear. | 听到声音会对你有帮处 |
[08:28] | To… hearing school… …but, | 去听力学校 但是 |
[08:32] | We know that you are happy at your deaf school. | 我们知道你在聋哑学校很开心 |
[08:37] | You have lots of good friends, | 你有很多好朋友 |
[08:40] | and plenty of opportunity. Also, | 还有很多机会 而且 |
[08:43] | There’s nothing wrong with not hearing. | 听不见也没什么不对 |
[08:47] | If you choose not to have the surgery, it’s fine. | 如果你选择不做手术 也没关系 |
[08:53] | …said you would back me up. | 说过你会支持我 |
[08:54] | …wanted her… all the options… | 想要她 所有的选择 |
[08:57] | So I’m giving her all the options. I’m backing you up. | 所以我给了她所有的选择 我支持你 |
[08:59] | …Spanish to the girls… you wouldn’t feel left out. | 对女儿们说西班牙语 你不会觉得被冷落 |
[09:03] | I want to be able to talk to my daughter. | 我想和女儿说话 |
[09:05] | …learn ASL. | 学习手语 |
[09:06] | …so easy. | 很简单 |
[09:07] | Why don’t you learn Spanish? | 你为什么不学西班牙语 |
[09:09] | …compromised. I never… celebrate Christmas. | 妥协了 我从不庆祝圣诞节 |
[09:12] | My family didn’t survive the pogroms of Europe… | 我的家人在欧洲的大屠杀时都死了 |
[09:15] | …stupid tree in the living room… | 客厅的破树 |
[09:17] | Oh… suddenly… Jewish? | 突然 犹太人 |
[09:20] | She’s been reading our lips. | 她一直在读我们的唇语 |
[09:24] | Sweetie, | 亲爱的 |
[09:25] | We think it… | 我们认为 |
[09:29] | We think it might be a good thing for you | 我们认为这对你是件好事 |
[09:32] | to get the implant, so… | 做植入手术 所以 |
[09:35] | What do you say? | 你觉得呢 |
[09:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:44] | Do you hear me? | 你听见了吗 |
[09:45] | Do you hear my voice? | 你听到我的声音了吗 |
[09:47] | You sound like robot. | 你听起来像机器人 |
[09:50] | I sound like robot! | 我听起来像机器人 |
[09:53] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[09:54] | You have to leave it on. It will get normal. | 你得戴着它 一切都会正常的 |
[09:56] | Your brain has to get used to it. | 你的大脑需要习惯它 |
[10:07] | Look, I know that doesn’t make any sense, | 听着 我知道这说不通 |
[10:09] | but you know what I’m saying. | 但你明白我的意思 |
[10:10] | The truth is I was scared, | 事实上我当时很害怕 |
[10:12] | and you had just been through so much and… | 你刚刚经历了那么多 |
[10:15] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[10:17] | I’m so tired of people making decisions for me. | 我厌倦了别人为我做决定 |
[10:20] | Look, I just wanted to create | 听着 我只是想为你 |
[10:21] | a normal and stable environment for you. That’s all. | 创造一个正常稳定的环境 仅此而已 |
[10:24] | A stable environment where you’re lying to me | 一个稳定的环境 一边骗我 |
[10:26] | – and having sex with me? – Yeah, to help you. | -一边和我上床吗 -是的 这是为了帮你 |
[10:29] | Was I supposed to not have sex with you? | 我不该和你上床吗 |
[10:31] | You would’ve thought something was weird. | 你会觉得有些事情很奇怪的 |
[10:33] | Something was weird! | 是很奇怪 |
[10:35] | And what about the roller coaster photos? | 过山车的照片呢 |
[10:37] | You swore you hadn’t moved them. | 你当时发誓你没有动过它们 |
[10:38] | You made me feel like I was insane. | 你让我觉得我疯了 |
[10:41] | – Please, don’t be mad. – “Don’t be mad”? | -求你了 别生气 -别生气 |
[10:43] | You lied! Like a lot! | 你撒了很多谎 |
[10:45] | Like elaborately lied to me. | 就像是精心设计的一样 |
[10:47] | Look, I didn’t know what to do, okay? | 听着 我当时不知道该怎么办 好吗 |
[10:50] | You were in the hospital, and I was really scared. | 你当时在医院 我真的很害怕 |
[10:52] | You don’t know how scary that was for me. | 你不知道那对我来说有多可怕 |
[10:54] | How scary that was for you? | 对你来说有多可怕 |
[10:56] | I guess I should have been more honest. | 我觉得我应该更诚实一些的 |
[10:58] | – You guess? – I should have been more honest. | -你觉得 -我应该更诚实一些 |
[11:01] | But you were really happy to see me. | 但你见到我真的很高兴 |
[11:03] | You wanted me to be there. | 你希望我留在那里 |
[11:05] | I just wanted everything to be okay. | 我只想让一切都好起来 |
[11:07] | Well, you’re terrible at making things okay. | 你很难让事情好起来 |
[11:11] | Come here. | 过来 |
[11:13] | Can we just acknowledge that things have been | 我们能不能承认 |
[11:15] | complicated for the both of us? | 最近对我们俩来说都很复杂 |
[11:24] | Fuck. | 操 |
[11:27] | Great. What am I doing? | 真棒 我在干什么 |
[11:31] | Sam? | 山姆 |
[11:33] | Sanjeev! You have to finish packing. | 山吉 你赶紧收拾一下 |
[11:36] | Coming! | 来了 |
[11:39] | This isn’t even your memory. | 这都不是你的记忆 |
[11:40] | What are you doing here? | 你这是在干嘛 |
[11:42] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我 |
[11:44] | I feel like I’m working through something. | 我好像在思考 |
[11:46] | – This is not a great time to be boy-crazy. – What? | -现在不是为男生疯狂的好时机 -什么 |
[11:49] | – That’s not what this is. – Just use the blackjack game. | -不是这样的 -就用21点吧 |
[11:52] | You know, anchor yourself. | 锚定自己 |
[11:53] | No. | 不 |
[11:54] | Did you say goodbye, Sanjeev? | 你说再见了吗 山吉 |
[11:56] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[11:57] | Not yet? We’re leaving tomorrow. | 还没有 我们明天就走了 |
[12:00] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[12:01] | I’m moving from India to USA, Chicago. | 我要从印度搬到美国芝加哥 |
[12:04] | – Tomorrow? – Yes. | -明天吗 -嗯 |
[12:06] | Why didn’t you tell us? | 你为什么不告诉我们 |
[12:08] | Because I don’t want to go. | 因为我不想去 |
[12:10] | Then don’t go. | 那就别去了 |
[12:11] | Yeah, stay with us. | 是啊 跟我们在一起 |
[12:13] | Okay, enough. Go pack. | 够了 去打包吧 |
[12:23] | I will miss you. I love you. | 我会想念你的 我爱你 |
[12:25] | I’ll miss you, too. | 我也会想你的 |
[12:28] | Okay, Alma. We need to go. | 阿尔玛 我们得走了 |
[12:30] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[12:32] | Why can’t you come to our school with the cochlear implant? | 你为什么不能带着耳蜗来我们学校 |
[12:35] | We need to go pick up your sister. | 我们得去接你妹妹了 |
[12:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:39] | I have to go now. | 我现在得走了 |
[12:43] | Okay, come on. Let’s go. Let’s go. | 走吧 走吧 |
[12:53] | – Punch Buggy. – Punch Buggy. | -打虫虫 -打虫虫 |
[12:55] | Why are you doing this? Please stop. | 你们为什么这样 请住手 |
[12:57] | It’s called “Punch Buggy,” you idiot. | 这叫”打虫虫” 你这个白痴 |
[12:59] | That doesn’t give me more information. | 这算哪门子解释 |
[13:01] | “That doesn’t give me more information.” | 这算哪门子解释 |
[13:03] | “Waah-waah, I’m a baby.” | 哇哇 我是个宝宝 |
[13:06] | I don’t sound like that. | 我说话不是这样的 |
[13:07] | “I don’t sound like that.” | 我说话不是这样的 |
[13:15] | Pop… top… | 流行 顶部 |
[13:19] | mop. | 拖把 |
[13:20] | Pop, top, mop. | 流行 顶部 拖把 |
[13:23] | Good, Alma! | 很好 阿尔玛 |
[13:29] | Say you’re sorry. | 说对不起 |
[13:32] | Say you’re sorry. | 说对不起 |
[13:35] | I’m thorry. | 对不起 |
[13:37] | “I’m sorry,” | 对不起 |
[13:38] | said the little duck. | 小鸭子说 |
[13:41] | “I’m sorry,” said the little duck. | 小鸭子说 对不起 |
[13:44] | “I’m sorry,” said the little duck. | 小鸭子说 对不起 |
[13:47] | “I’m sorry,” said the little duck. | 小鸭子说 对不起 |
[13:49] | “I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” | 对不起 对不起 |
[13:52] | “I’m sorry, said the little duck.” | 小鸭子说 对不起 |
[13:56] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:59] | I’m sorry, Alma. | 对不起 阿尔玛 |
[14:28] | You see what you’re capable of? | 你看到自己的能力了吗 |
[14:30] | What’s that light around the keys? | 钥匙周围的灯是什么 |
[14:32] | That’s what you’re already doing. | 那就是你已经在做的 |
[14:34] | Farnaz and I, when we worked together, | 法纳兹和我一起工作的时候 |
[14:36] | I mean, it took a group of us to do that. | 我们一群人才能做到 |
[14:39] | Should I have a group? | 我需要一个小组吗 |
[14:39] | No, you’re far more powerful than we ever were. | 不 你比我们强大得多 |
[14:43] | You don’t need anybody. | 你不需要任何人 |
[14:45] | Alma, don’t shut me out. I need you to talk to me. | 阿尔玛 别不理我 你得和我谈谈 |
[14:48] | I don’t know what to do about this Sam thing. | 我不知道该拿山姆怎么办 |
[14:50] | I love him. But I just can’t forget this. | 我爱他 但我就是忘不了 |
[14:53] | – Can I give you some advice? – Sure. | -我能给你一些建议吗 -当然 |
[14:57] | Relationships are hard, and they’re always gonna be hard, | 人际关系很难处理 而且是永远都很难 |
[15:00] | and it’s better not to have them, | 如果你要做自己想做的事 |
[15:03] | if you want to do what you want to do. | 就不要扯上他人 |
[15:06] | – That’s your advice? – Yeah. | -这就是你的建议 -是啊 |
[15:08] | To your daughter, who you abandoned? | 你给抛弃的女儿的建议就是 |
[15:09] | Your advice is don’t have relationships with people? | 不要与人来往 |
[15:12] | You’re misunderstanding me. | 你误会我了 |
[15:14] | I want to have a relationship with you. | 我想和你产生关系 |
[15:17] | – Right? I’m here. – Good save, Dad. | -对吧 我在这里 -圆得可以啊 爸爸 |
[15:19] | I’m saying don’t be distracted by a boyfriend | 我是说如果你想做事 |
[15:22] | if you want to do this work. | 就别被男朋友分心 |
[15:24] | I mean, it’s fun, right? | 很有趣 对吧 |
[15:25] | “Fun”? I don’t know if I would call it fun. | 有趣 我不知道这算不算有趣 |
[15:27] | Well, it’s important. It’s worthwhile. | 这很重要 值得花时间去做 |
[15:29] | Sam is worthwhile. He… he understands me. | 山姆也很值得 他理解我 |
[15:33] | Look, I understand you. I know your real power. | 我理解你 我知道你真正的能力 |
[15:35] | You are gifted. He’s never gonna understand that. | 你很有天赋 他永远也不会明白的 |
[15:38] | Are you still there? | 你还在听吗 |
[15:41] | Please talk to me. I’m so sorry. | 请跟我说说话 我很抱歉 |
[15:45] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[15:53] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:55] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:56] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:57] | Sorry, sorry. I guess I… | 对不起 对不起 我 |
[15:58] | I don’t mean to keep running into you. | 我不是故意挡你的 |
[16:00] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[16:01] | Hey, what do you got in your big bag of trash? | 你的大垃圾袋里有什么 |
[16:03] | Toys for all the good girls and boys? | 给表现好的女孩和男孩的玩具吗 |
[16:06] | Yep, I’m a regular Trash-a Claus. | 是的 我是个普通的垃圾老人 |
[16:09] | I’ve actually got a thousand bread rolls in here, | 我这里有一千个面包卷 |
[16:11] | if you want a couple hundred. | 如果你想要几百个的话 |
[16:12] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[16:13] | Every time they get even a little bit stale, | 面包稍微有点不新鲜 |
[16:15] | my manager insists I toss them out. | 我的经理就要我扔掉 |
[16:17] | I mean, I feel bad about it, but I’ve already eaten | 我觉得挺可惜的 但我这周 |
[16:20] | like four bags of dry-ass rolls this week, so… | 已经吃了四袋干面包卷 所以 |
[16:23] | Well, um, you shouldn’t throw them out. | 你不应该把它们扔掉 |
[16:26] | Thousands of people go hungry in this city every night. | 这个城市每天晚上都有成千上万的人挨饿 |
[16:29] | You should donate them to a shelter. | 你应该把它们捐给收容所 |
[16:30] | Yeah, actually, I was just gonna go do that right now. | 是的 其实我正准备去呢 |
[16:33] | – Really? – Yeah, you want to come with me? | -是吗 -是的 你和我一起去吗 |
[16:38] | Well, I was supposed to go meet up with my sister, | 我已经约了我妹 |
[16:41] | but I guess I could. | 但我还是去吧 |
[16:44] | Yeah! Come on, let’s go. | 太好了 我们走吧 |
[16:45] | Okay, okay. | 好啊 |
[16:47] | So which shelter are we going to? | 我们去哪个收容所 |
[16:49] | I was thinking maybe we could go to the one that you usually go to? | 我们可以去你常去的那家 |
[16:52] | Oh, yeah, well, I’ve got a lot of favorite shelters | 我有很多喜欢的收容所 |
[16:55] | that I like to volunteer at all the time, | 我经常去做志愿者 |
[16:57] | so we should just go to wherever you were heading. | 所以我们应该去你准备去的那家 |
[17:00] | Okay, cool. | 好吧 |
[17:04] | – That way? – Wow. You’re so full of shit. | -那边吗 -你可真能扯 |
[17:07] | And you’re not? | 你没有吗 |
[17:07] | Come on, I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[17:10] | – Alma. – Sam. | -阿尔玛 -山姆 |
[17:37] | Yeah, this one’s really good. | 这本书真的很棒 |
[17:45] | Feels kind of nice, actually. | 感觉很不错 |
[17:48] | Things were great. | 一切都很顺利 |
[17:50] | Yeah, but it wasn’t for you. | 是的 但不适合你 |
[17:57] | There’s nothing wrong with bathtubs. | 浴缸没什么问题 |
[18:00] | Bathtubs are fun, too. | 浴缸也很有趣 |
[18:26] | Please don’t die. Please. | 不要死 求你了 |
[18:30] | Please, everything will be so boring and sad if you die. | 求你了 如果你死了 一切会变得无聊和悲伤 |
[18:41] | My hand feels so small to you. | 我的手对你来说太小了 |
[18:50] | You made it back again. | 你又回来了 |
[18:51] | That doesn’t always happen. | 这种情况不常见啊 |
[18:53] | Alma? | 阿尔玛 |
[18:59] | I love you. I’m sorry. It’s okay. | 我爱你 我很抱歉 没事了 |
[19:03] | What? | 什么 |
[19:07] | Really? Wait, what just happened? | 真的吗 等等 怎么回事 |
[19:10] | I don’t understand what’s going on. | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[19:13] | – Are you still mad at me? – No. | -你还在生我的气吗 -没有 |
[19:17] | I just didn’t understand why you didn’t tell me. | 我只是不明白你当时为什么不告诉我 |
[19:20] | Okay, so you’re not mad at all anymore? | 好吧 你不生气了吗 |
[19:23] | I’m not mad, I just… have a headache. | 我没有生气 我只是头疼 |
[19:27] | You’re still getting headaches? | 你还会头疼啊 |
[19:28] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[19:30] | I’m okay. Everything’s okay. | 我没事 一切都很好 |
[19:33] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[19:35] | Sam, I love you. | 山姆 我爱你 |
[19:39] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[19:40] | And you’re the only living person who gets me. | 在这个世上 只有你理解我 |
[19:43] | You’re the only person who gets me, living or dead. | 只有你理解我 不管是死人还是活人 |
[19:46] | Except Maya Angelou. She knows why I sing. | 除了玛雅·安杰洛 她理解我为什么会唱歌 |
[19:50] | That’s why the thought of losing you is so scary | 所以一想到失去你 我就很害怕 |
[19:52] | because I don’t have anyone else. | 因为我没有其他的人了 |
[19:54] | And that makes me resent you, | 所以我很讨厌你 |
[19:56] | because that means I have to love you and… | 因为这意味着我必须爱你 |
[19:58] | You don’t have to love me, if you don’t want to. | 如果你不想爱我 也可以不爱 |
[20:00] | That’s why I broke up with you. To protect you. | 所以我和你分手是为了保护你 |
[20:03] | – Protect me from what? – From me. | -什么叫保护我 -我怕我伤害你 |
[20:05] | I don’t need to be protected from you. | 我不需要你来保护我免受你的伤害 |
[20:07] | You don’t understand how fucked-up I am, | 你不知道我有多么操蛋 |
[20:10] | how weird and different. | 多么奇怪 多么与众不同 |
[20:12] | I’m fucked-up, too. It’s okay. | 我也很操蛋 没事的 |
[20:14] | I know, but you don’t know everything. | 我知道 但你不是什么都知道 |
[20:15] | – Then tell me! – Don’t tell him. | -那就告诉我啊 -别告诉他 |
[20:18] | Don’t ever tell anyone. They won’t understand. | 别告诉任何人 他们不会明白的 |
[20:21] | They’ll say that they will, but they won’t. | 他们说他们会理解 其实并不会 |
[20:24] | And eventually, they will lock you up. | 最后 他们会把你关起来 |
[20:26] | Alma, I’m here for you, | 阿尔玛 我会一直陪着你 |
[20:28] | and we’re doing amazing things. | 我们做的事非常了不起 |
[20:30] | Can we please just do amazing things? | 我们可以做了不起的事情吗 |
[20:34] | I don’t want to be alone in this. | 我不想一个人面对 |
[20:36] | You’re not. You have me. | 你不是一个人 你还有我啊 |
[20:45] | You can tell me anything. | 你什么都可以告诉我 |
[20:47] | Nothing you say is gonna scare me off. | 你说什么都吓不倒我的 |
[20:55] | – You promise? – Yes. | -你保证 -嗯 |
[21:06] | I’m seeing my dead father | 因为我的脑室很大 |
[21:08] | because of my big brain ventricles, | 所以我能看见死去的父亲 |
[21:11] | and he’s training me to travel in time | 他在训练我时间旅行 |
[21:13] | so I can save him from being murdered. | 这样我可以阻止他被谋杀了 |