时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:29] | – Facebook or Twitter? – Wait, it’s my turn. | -脸书还是推特 -慢着 该我问了 |
[01:33] | Star Trek or Star Wars? | 《星际迷航》还是《星球大战》 |
[01:34] | Sorry. Star Wars. | 抱歉 《星球大战》 |
[01:35] | Okay. And Facebook. | 好吧 脸书 |
[01:37] | Indiana Jones or… | 印第安纳·琼斯还是… |
[01:39] | Oh, please don’t say Luke Skywalker. | 拜托别说卢克·天行者 |
[01:40] | I wasn’t gonna. | 我刚想说 |
[01:41] | Indiana Jones or Grace Jones? | 印第安纳·琼斯还是葛蕾丝·琼斯 |
[01:43] | Grace, of course. Amazing Grace. | 当然是葛蕾丝 了不起的葛蕾丝 |
[01:47] | – Welcome. – Thank you. | -欢迎 -谢谢 |
[01:49] | – You’re my first guest. – I’m honored. | -你是我家第一个客人 -荣幸至极 |
[01:52] | – Give me the tour? – Bed’s going here. | -带我转转 -床在这边 |
[01:54] | Lounge area. | 休闲区 |
[01:56] | – And… kitchen. – Sorry. | -还有… 厨房 -抱歉 |
[01:58] | Bathroom’s through there. | 卧室在那边 |
[01:59] | Okay. And all that for what? | 好吧 租这么贵的房子图啥 |
[02:01] | You said $2,200 a month? | 一万五一个月是吧 |
[02:02] | What a time to be alive. | 生当尽欢 |
[02:04] | – Drinks? – Yeah. Absolutely. | -喝一杯吗 -好啊 |
[02:07] | It’s really cozy, though. I like it. | 不过真的很舒适 我喜欢 |
[02:09] | Plus, no more roommates. | 而且 再也没有室友了 |
[02:11] | You’re like a real adult person. | 你真的很成熟 |
[02:13] | I’m so grown-up I don’t even have a bedtime. | 我成熟到连个固定睡觉时间都没有 |
[02:16] | So what do you got? | 有什么喝的 |
[02:17] | I got cherry brandy. | 有樱桃白兰地 |
[02:20] | Okay. | 行 |
[02:21] | – Chilli vodka. – Bizarre. | -辣椒伏特加 -口味清奇 |
[02:24] | Old gifts. | 以前收到的礼物 |
[02:26] | Oh, I have gin and… vermouth. | 还有琴酒和… 苦艾酒 |
[02:30] | – Martinis? – Approved. | -调马丁尼酒 -同意 |
[02:31] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[02:36] | – Olives or onions? – Olives. | -用橄榄还是洋葱 -橄榄 |
[02:38] | Red state or blue? | 共和党还是民主党 |
[02:39] | Oh. Eh, let’s maybe stay off politics. | 最好还是不要扯到政治吧 |
[02:44] | No. Rule is you got to answer. | 不行 你得选民主党 |
[02:45] | Well, uh, I’m from a red state, | 我家乡是亲共和党州 |
[02:50] | but I live in a blue one, | 不过我住在亲民主党州 |
[02:52] | so I kind of straddle the political divide. | 所以我大概是横跨在两种政见之间 |
[02:57] | Like a good libertarian? | 像温和的自由党那样吗 |
[02:59] | Or a very confused person. | 或者说是迷糊党 |
[03:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:13] | You know when you move into a place | 你体会过搬到一个新地方 |
[03:14] | and you visualize this whole new amazing life for yourself? | 畅想精彩新生活的感觉吗 |
[03:19] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[03:20] | Well, this looks pretty close. | 我现在差不多就是这样 |
[03:27] | Oh, no, wait. I’m posting this. | 别 等下 我要拍下来发照片 |
[03:42] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[03:44] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[03:45] | – I was just… – What? | -我只是… -什么 |
[03:47] | Tidying. | 收拾 |
[03:49] | I have no game. | 我闲得慌 |
[03:51] | Maybe your no-game game is the most cunning game of all. | 也许你这闲得慌玩法才是最有意思的玩法 |
[03:55] | Yeah, I’ve heard of the no-game game. | 我听说过闲得慌玩法 |
[03:57] | That’s not what I have. | 不是我这情况 |
[04:01] | I actually believe you. | 我相信你 |
[04:04] | Can we just forget that that happened? | 我们能忘记这事吗 |
[04:10] | – Okay. Sure. – Okay. | -好 没问题 -好 |
[04:12] | Here. | 给你 |
[04:13] | To your new amazing life. | 敬你的精彩新生活 |
[04:32] | Well, now it’s just lying there on the floor | 现在就这样像块生肉似的 |
[04:34] | like a piece of raw meat. | 摊在地板上了 |
[04:37] | Pretty much. | 是啊 |
[04:38] | Yasmine, I just- – I really had no expectation that this… | 雅斯敏 我… 我真的没有想到 |
[04:44] | would happen tonight. | 你今晚会跟我回家 |
[04:45] | Well, it’s happening. | 我已经跟你回来了 |
[04:48] | But there’s… | 可是… |
[04:50] | literally no way I can make a move now. | 我现在真的撩不下去了 |
[04:55] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:26] | Topless or bottomless? | 脱上面还是脱下面 |
[05:28] | Topless. | 脱上面 |
[05:32] | Oh, no. Wait, I thought that you meant on you. | 不 等等 我以为是你脱 |
[05:35] | Oh, you want to change your answer? | 你想改答案吗 |
[05:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:41] | Boxers or briefs? | 四角裤还是三角裤 |
[05:42] | I can’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[06:03] | I’ll be right back. Okay? | 我一会儿就回来 好吧 |
[06:09] | Sorry, no curtains yet. | 抱歉 还没装窗帘 |
[06:42] | If you’re not back in two minutes, | 两分钟内你还不回来 |
[06:43] | I’m gonna get started on my own. | 我就自己搞了 |
[06:52] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[06:54] | This is me at my most inviting. | 这是我最勾人的姿态 |
[06:56] | – It might need some work. – Oh, yeah? | -还需努力 -是吗 |
[06:58] | Well, how about this? | 这样呢 |
[07:05] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[07:12] | Oh. Don’t… | 别… |
[07:14] | Don’t. | 别拔 |
[07:19] | Call 911. | 叫救护车 |
[07:23] | Shit. | 该死 |
[07:27] | Yes, ambulance, please. He’s cut his arm badly. | 对 请叫辆救护车来 他手臂伤得很重 |
[07:29] | There’s lots of blood everywhere. | 遍地是血 |
[07:31] | Okay. Ad-Address. | 好吧 地址 |
[07:32] | 507 East 10th Street, Apartment 1C. | 东10街507号 1C公寓 |
[07:34] | Did you hear that? | 听清楚了吗 |
[07:35] | Okay, perfect. | 很好 |
[07:37] | – They’re on their way. – Okay. | -他们正在赶过来 -好 |
[07:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:47] | Um, help me with these. They’re still halfway down. | 帮我穿下裤子 还没穿上去 |
[07:50] | Or maybe they’re halfway up. | 或者说是没脱下来 |
[07:53] | There you go. | 来 |
[07:55] | Glass half full or glass half empty? | 满杯还是空杯 |
[07:57] | Let’s play this game later, yeah? | 稍后再玩这个游戏 好吗 |
[07:58] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好 |
[08:02] | – Yasmine. – What? | -雅斯敏 -怎么了 |
[08:03] | Dress. | 裙子 |
[08:05] | – Towel. – Yes. | -裹条浴巾 -对 |
[08:12] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:14] | No. No, no, no. Give me the towel. | 不 不 不 把浴巾给我 |
[08:17] | Go. | 去吧 |
[08:25] | You know, this isn’t the first time | 这不是我第一次 |
[08:26] | that a date ended in the hospital. | 约会约进医院 |
[08:29] | I once had some undercooked chicken | 我有次吃了没熟的鸡肉 |
[08:30] | that gave me hallucinations and a temperature of 104. | 产生了幻觉并烧到了40度 |
[08:33] | You should be really relaxed about all this. | 你应该放松点 |
[08:35] | I am. | 我放松着呢 |
[08:37] | – How old are you? – I’m 31. | -你几岁了 -31岁 |
[08:41] | 33. I’m sorry. I don’t know why I lied just then. | 33岁 抱歉 不知道我刚刚为什么要撒谎 |
[08:44] | I do. | 我知道 |
[08:46] | – Are you on any medication? – Yeah. | -你有服用什么药物吗 -有 |
[08:48] | Klonopin. For anxiety. | 氯安定 治疗焦虑的 |
[08:52] | And antidepressants. | 还有抗抑郁症药物 |
[08:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:55] | Is he your… what? Boyfriend? | 他是你的 什么 男朋友吗 |
[08:57] | Uh, friend. | 朋友 |
[09:00] | It’s our second date. | 我们才约会第二次 |
[09:03] | I’m not a cutter, by the way. This isn’t a sex injury. | 我没有自残嗜好 这不是性爱受的伤 |
[09:06] | I mean, not a weird one. | 至少不是变态的那种 |
[09:09] | – Hey, why are you still talking, Rob? – I don’t know. | -你怎么还在说话 罗伯 -我也不知道 |
[09:16] | – Any allergies? – No. | -有过敏吗 -没有 |
[09:18] | – When was the last time you ate? – Four, uh, five hours ago. | -上次吃饭是什么时候 -四五个小时前吧 |
[09:21] | Seafood pasta. Was very good. | 海鲜意面 很好吃 |
[09:24] | Okay. Um, previous surgeries? | 好的 之前做过手术吗 |
[09:26] | I broke my cheekbone once. Came off a bike. | 有一次颧骨断了 从自行车上摔下来 |
[09:30] | Get those blinds for me. | 帮忙关一下百叶窗 |
[09:34] | Okay. I’m gonna get this. | 好了 我来看看 |
[09:40] | – Up. – Okay. | -起来 -好 |
[09:42] | – These are coming off? – Down. | -要脱掉吗 -脱下去 |
[09:43] | Yeah, okay. | 好 |
[09:47] | – Got it? – Yep. Okay, leg. | -好了吗 -好 腿 |
[09:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:51] | Want me to lock this stuff away for you? | 要我帮你锁起来吗 |
[09:53] | I’ll take them. | 给我吧 |
[09:57] | I know exactly how much money is in there. | 里面有多少钱我可一清二楚 |
[10:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:08] | Keep that elevated. | 胳膊抬起来 |
[10:14] | Okay, Rob. | 好了 罗伯 |
[10:16] | I’d like you to count backwards slowly from ten. | 请慢慢地从十开始倒数 |
[10:19] | Ten, nine, | 十 九 |
[10:22] | eight, seven… | 八 七 |
[10:27] | six… | 六 |
[10:30] | five… | 五 |
[10:52] | Don’t worry. It’s still there. | 别担心 胳膊还在 |
[11:09] | Oh, you’re awake. I’m Nick. | 你醒了 我是尼克 |
[11:11] | I’m just gonna take your blood pressure. | 我来量一下你的血压 |
[11:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:16] | Let me see. | 来看看 |
[11:21] | Surgery went well. Doctor was pleased. | 手术很顺利 医生很满意 |
[11:23] | Oh, great. | 那就好 |
[11:24] | Median nerve damage can be tricky to repair. | 正中神经损伤不好修复 |
[11:29] | You might have a sore throat and a dry mouth from the anesthetic, | 麻醉剂可能会让你感觉喉咙疼和嘴巴干 |
[11:32] | so keep drinking plenty of water. | 多喝点水 |
[11:34] | I’ll make sure he does. | 我会叮嘱他的 |
[11:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:41] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[11:44] | How long till I can be discharged? | 我什么时候能出院 |
[11:46] | Oh, not long. Six hours or so. | 不会太久 六小时左右 |
[11:56] | So… | 好了 |
[11:57] | Look, you should just go. | 你先走吧 |
[11:58] | That’s a– Six hours is a lot. | 毕竟 六小时很久的 |
[12:01] | Rob, please. | 罗伯 别这样 |
[12:02] | Of course I’ll stay. | 我当然会留下 |
[12:04] | You’d stay if the roles were reversed. | 角色互换你肯定也会陪着我的 |
[12:06] | Absolutely, I would. | 我当然会 |
[12:08] | You wouldn’t even need to be in the hospital. | 你甚至不需要住院 |
[12:10] | I’d watch you sleep on a park bench. | 哪怕是公园躺椅 我也会看着你睡觉 |
[12:12] | Besides, we’re still on our date. | 再说了 我们的约会还没结束 |
[12:15] | I am calling this an intermission. | 这是中场休息 |
[12:17] | I’ve been live-blogging it on social media. | 我一直在社交媒体上直播 |
[12:19] | Well, tell ’em to retake their seats. | 那就让他们回到座位上吧 |
[12:21] | – Okay. – Act two’s about to begin. | -好 -第二幕要开始了 |
[12:29] | So… | 请问 |
[12:31] | Glass half full or glass half empty? | 杯子是半满还是半空 |
[12:35] | Half full. | 半满 |
[12:37] | Jets or Giants? | 喷射机队还是巨人队 |
[12:38] | Neither. Steelers. | 都不是 钢人队 |
[12:41] | Out of sight or out of mind? | 视线之外还是脑海之外 |
[12:45] | Out of mind. | 脑海之外 |
[12:47] | They’re getting very abstract. | 你的问题有点抽象了 |
[12:48] | It might be the drugs. | 可能是因为我用了药 |
[12:51] | What about the other drugs? | 那其他药呢 |
[12:57] | I get anxiety attacks. | 我有急性焦虑症 |
[13:01] | “Attacks” is the wrong word. | “急性”其实并不准确 |
[13:05] | For some people, it’s like a storm. | 对有些人来说 就像风暴 |
[13:09] | But… for me, it’s more like a fog rolling in. | 但是对我来说 更像是缓缓袭来的大雾 |
[13:14] | I kind of… shut down, | 会让我 直接当机 |
[13:18] | and I can’t really function in a social situation. | 没办法进行正常的社交 |
[13:22] | I was going to tell you. I just… | 我本打算告诉你的 只是… |
[13:23] | Yeah. It’s not something you offer up until you have to. | 是啊 这种事谁也不会主动提起的 |
[13:27] | Exactly. | 对 |
[13:29] | Anyway… you seem all calm now. | 你现在看起来很冷静 |
[13:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:34] | I’d be freaking out if you weren’t here, though. | 不过你要是不在我就会吓死了 |
[13:41] | Any good responses? | 现在反馈如何 |
[13:42] | 87 likes and 17 comments so far. | 87个赞 17个评论 |
[13:46] | Talk of the town. | 绝对是时下热点了 |
[13:51] | Oh, um, I left out your name, just in case you’re worried. | 你要是担心的话 我没提你的名字 |
[13:55] | So, what are you calling me, then? | 那你是怎么称呼我的 |
[13:58] | How about “Martini Lover”? | “马丁尼情人”怎么样 |
[14:00] | I like “Martini Lover.” | 我喜欢 |
[14:02] | It’s got that quality of | 有一种 |
[14:04] | slightly decadent espionage | 微微颓废的神秘气质 |
[14:06] | that people always associate me with. | 是大家总会联想到我的东西 |
[14:09] | Done. | 好 |
[14:12] | You should be going out with a martini lover. | 你确实应该跟一位马丁尼情人约会 |
[14:15] | “Rob” Is too ordinary somehow. | “罗伯”太普通了 |
[14:18] | Yasmine and… | 雅斯敏和… |
[14:21] | Rob. | 罗伯 |
[14:23] | Maybe we just need to rebrand Rob. | 也许我们只是需要重新宣传罗伯 |
[14:29] | Like “New Rob.” | 比如”全新罗伯” |
[14:31] | Oh, I can’t believe Old Rob ever got this far. | 真没想到旧罗伯居然能撑这么久 |
[14:36] | Guys will check you out and then pull focus to me, | 男人们肯定会打量你 然后再看看我 |
[14:39] | and they’re all thinking, “No, he is never with her.” | 就会想”她怎么会跟他在一起” |
[14:44] | I think that’s in your head. | 我觉得这是你瞎想的 |
[14:45] | Meanwhile, I’m asking myself, “Well, do I seem nervous? | 同时 我也会问自己 “我看起来很紧张吗” |
[14:50] | “Eh, will obsessing about being nervous | “总想着自己紧不紧张” |
[14:52] | “Make me appear more nervous? | “会不会让我看起来更紧张” |
[14:54] | Does she think I’m a total nerd?” | “她是不是觉得我是个呆子” |
[14:56] | Everyone does that, Rob. | 谁都会这样想的 罗伯 |
[14:57] | But for me, it’s paralyzing. | 但对我来说 有很大影响 |
[15:00] | And so, I have no bandwidth left for the actual experience. | 导致真到了那个时候 我已经没力气了 |
[15:04] | Does that make sense? | 这样说你能理解吗 |
[15:15] | I suppose I’ll have a scar. | 应该会留疤 |
[15:18] | – Souvenir. – I guess it’s better than | -纪念品 -比在我胳膊上 |
[15:19] | getting your name tattooed on my arm. | 纹一个你的名字要好点 |
[15:23] | A guy did that for me once. | 有个人曾经纹过我名字 |
[15:24] | Why am I not surprised? Is that your ex? | 我为什么不惊讶呢 是你前任吗 |
[15:30] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗 |
[15:31] | Uh, no. Go ahead. | 不介意 你继续 |
[15:34] | Number one, right? | 小号 是吧 |
[15:37] | I’m earthy. I’m not a barbarian. | 我是个俗人 不是野蛮人 |
[15:41] | It’s like we’ve fast-forwarded years somehow. | 就像我们不知怎样按了快进键一样 |
[15:47] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:49] | People are so concerned to put on this big front normally, | 通常人们是很介意被看到这个样子的 |
[15:52] | but now you’ve seen me at my most vulnerable. | 但现在你看到了我最脆弱 |
[15:56] | Frightened, bleeding… | 害怕 流血… |
[15:58] | – Naked. – Exactly. | -光着 -对 |
[16:00] | It’s my worst fear realized. | 简直是我最可怕的噩梦成真 |
[16:03] | And it’s not that bad. | 没那么糟 |
[16:08] | So, when I had my bike accident, I must have gone ass over tit, | 当我出车祸的时候 我的生活天翻地覆 |
[16:11] | because the next thing I remember is waking up | 因为我只记得 |
[16:13] | in an ambulance with my face out to here. | 在救护车里醒来 脸都错位了 |
[16:15] | – Oh. Oh, no. – And the surgeon is saying | -不 -手术 |
[16:17] | that they’re gonna put a little incision in my head | 就是在我的脑袋开一个小切口 |
[16:20] | to go in with a little spoon | 用一个小勺 |
[16:21] | to lift the cheekbone back into place. | 把我的颧骨归位 |
[16:23] | Okay, well, that doesn’t sound that bad. | 好吧 听起来没那么糟 |
[16:25] | Just as I’m getting the anesthetic, | 就在我打麻醉剂的时候 |
[16:27] | they explain that this procedure doesn’t always work. | 他们跟我说这个手术不一定会有效 |
[16:31] | Okay, so what’s the alternative? | 好 那还有什么别的选择吗 |
[16:32] | Alternative is they have to put a steel plate in. | 放个钢板进去 |
[16:35] | – Okay? – But to do that, | -好吧 -但那么做的话 |
[16:37] | they have to slice you from ear to ear | 他们得把你从耳朵那里切开 |
[16:40] | across the top of your head, | 从左耳到右耳 |
[16:41] | – and then peel your face off. – No, no, no, no! Stop, stop, | -把你的脸剥下来 -不不不不 别说了 |
[16:43] | stop, stop, stop, stop, stop. | 闭嘴 闭嘴 闭嘴 闭嘴 闭嘴 |
[16:43] | And just as they’re telling me this, | 在他们跟我说的时候 |
[16:45] | one of the great panic | 我爆发了最严重的一次 |
[16:46] | attacks of my career is kicking off. | 恐慌症 |
[16:48] | And then the drugs take hold, and I’m off to la-la land. | 然后麻醉剂生效了 我就什么都不知道了 |
[16:50] | Okay, well, everyone would react the same way. | 好吧 每个人都会那样的 |
[16:52] | Yeah, maybe. As it turns out, | 可能吧 结果 |
[16:55] | Plan A worked fine. Scary, though. | A计划的结果很好 不过很可怕 |
[17:04] | I can’t tell which one you broke. | 我看不出你哪边脸错位了 |
[17:06] | – Good. – Which one is it? | -好 -哪一边 |
[17:08] | This one. | 这边 |
[17:10] | – They did a good job. – Thank you. | -手术很成功 -谢谢 |
[17:30] | Jesus. | 天 |
[17:31] | Last of the Mohicans. | 最后的莫西干人 |
[17:35] | My father used to smoke like that | 我爸以前就那么抽烟 |
[17:37] | before he died. | 在他死前 |
[17:38] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:42] | – Was that the… – Cause of death? | -是那… -造成他的死亡的吗 |
[17:45] | Didn’t help. | 反正没什么帮助 |
[17:47] | Was he sick for long? | 他病了很久吗 |
[17:49] | You really want to hear the story? | 你真的想听吗 |
[17:52] | The short version is he had a massive brain hemorrhage. | 简单说就是他严重脑出血 |
[17:56] | And the long version? | 详细说呢 |
[18:01] | It was my 30th birthday. | 在我30岁生日 |
[18:06] | we had a big party– lots of family and friends. | 我们开了一个大派对 很多家人和朋友都来了 |
[18:09] | Finally crawled into bed at my boyfriend’s at about 6:00. | 在大概6点的时候终于爬到我男朋友的床上 |
[18:12] | The next morning, my father made breakfast | 第二天 我爸做了早饭 |
[18:14] | and brought it up to my mother in bed. | 端到了床上 给我妈吃 |
[18:17] | She told me afterwards that they made love, | 她后来跟我说 他们做了爱 |
[18:18] | and then he dozed off while she showered. | 在她洗澡的时候 他睡了一会 |
[18:22] | When she came out, his face had collapsed | 她出来的时候 他的脸已经抽搐了 |
[18:25] | and, uh, his speech was slurred. | 口齿不清 |
[18:28] | She called an ambulance, but there was nothing to be done. | 她叫了救护车 但已经没什么能做的了 |
[18:45] | At the hospital, I sat with him the whole time. | 在医院 我一直陪他坐着 |
[18:51] | I remember going for a walk | 我记得在护士给他擦身的时候 |
[18:53] | while the nurse gave him a bed bath. | 走了走 |
[18:56] | As she was finishing, I saw him through the curtains. | 在她擦完的时候 我透过帘子看到了他 |
[19:02] | He was naked, | 他光着 |
[19:04] | hooked up to all these machines, but he was so beautiful. | 身上插着各种仪器 但他特别帅 |
[19:10] | Like some Pieta by Michelangelo. | 像米开朗基罗的圣殇像 |
[19:16] | Anyway, he died an hour later. | 不管怎样 他一小时后死了 |
[19:26] | You sure you don’t want something? | 你确定你不想要点什么吗 |
[19:27] | I can’t eat yet. I’ll just get some water. | 我还吃东西 我就喝点水吧 |
[19:31] | – Let me get it. – No, no. It’s fine. | -我给你拿 -不 不用 没事的 |
[19:33] | I’ll get it. I can do it. | 我去拿 我可以 |
[19:34] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定 -是的 |
[19:43] | Hey, how are you? | 你好啊 |
[20:13] | I’m not getting you another. | 我不会去再给你拿一份的 |
[20:16] | Fair. | 好 |
[20:22] | Do you ever wonder what kind of disabled person you’d be? | 你有想过你会是哪种残疾人吗 |
[20:26] | See, that’s the kind of crap I fixate on. | 看 我就会说这样的傻话 |
[20:29] | – And what did you decide? – Oh, I’d be awful. | -你怎么想的 -我会很糟 |
[20:31] | I’d be consumed by anger and self-pity. | 我会被愤怒和自怜吞噬的 |
[20:34] | I’d certainly become an alcoholic. | 我肯定会成一个酒鬼 |
[20:36] | You mean a full-blown one? | 一个健全的酒鬼吗 |
[20:37] | Ow. That stings more than my arm. | 这话比我的胳膊还疼 |
[20:40] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:42] | Low-hanging fruit. | 唾手可得的食物 |
[20:44] | I’d spend years in pointless litigation. | 我在毫无意义的官司上花了好多年 |
[20:46] | You’re so hard on yourself. | 你对自己太严苛了 |
[20:48] | And then, if any woman ever showed me any kindness, | 如果有女人对我展现出一点点友好 |
[20:50] | I’d make them regret it instantly. | 我会让她们立刻后悔 |
[20:53] | How so? | 如何 |
[20:54] | Like, I would willfully mistake it for romantic attention, | 比如我会故意把那当成对我有意思 |
[20:57] | and then I’d become enraged if they didn’t follow through. | 如果她们不是这样的话我会变得很生气 |
[21:01] | Like, full incel. | 超级生气 |
[21:03] | Uh, I don’t know you very well, | 我不是很了解你 |
[21:06] | but this doesn’t sound like you. | 但这听起来并不像你 |
[21:07] | Just thank God this wound is gonna heal, | 感谢上帝这伤会好吧 |
[21:10] | for all our sakes. | 为了我们自己好 |
[21:11] | So, what kind of disabled person do you think I’d be? | 你觉得我会是哪种残疾人 |
[21:15] | Oh. You’d be an inspiration. | 你会很励志的 |
[21:17] | – Would I, now? – For sure. | -会吗 -当然 |
[21:19] | You’d adjust really quickly. | 你会很快调整好 |
[21:21] | You’d throw yourself into advocacy. | 你会走出去 |
[21:23] | You’d be on the Paralympic archery team. | 你会成为残奥会射箭队的一员 |
[21:25] | There’d be TED Talks and cosmetics contracts. | 你会去TED演讲 还会接到化妆品代言 |
[21:28] | All right, all right, you might be overreaching. | 好了 好了 说得太过了 |
[21:30] | No, you’d be, like, completely redefining beauty standards | 不 你会是那样的 完全重新定义 |
[21:33] | for the 21st century. | 21世纪美的标准 |
[21:35] | – You’re ridiculous. – I’m also high. | -你说的太可笑了 -我还嗑嗨了 |
[21:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:47] | Didn’t know you smoked. | 不知道你还抽烟 |
[21:49] | I don’t, really. | 其实我并不抽 |
[21:50] | This is disgusting. | 这很恶心 |
[21:56] | Can I ask you something serious? | 我能认真问你几个问题吗 |
[21:59] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[22:00] | What happened with your boyfriend? | 你的男朋友呢 |
[22:04] | We hadn’t known each other that long, | 我们认识的时间没那么长 |
[22:05] | and we were suddenly into this really intense thing. | 突然遇到了这样的大事 |
[22:08] | That’s good sometimes, no? | 有的时候那是好事 不是吗 |
[22:11] | Was asking a lot. | 要求很多的 |
[22:12] | – I was pretty hard to be around. – No. | -我很难相处 -不是的 |
[22:16] | I think you have a slightly false impression of me. | 我觉得你对我的印象可能有点不对 |
[22:18] | How? | 怎么说 |
[22:20] | Well… take this evening. | 就拿今晚来说 |
[22:24] | I seem like a total hero for staying up all night with you, | 似乎我陪你待了一整晚 就像个英雄一样 |
[22:26] | – right? – Well… | -是吗 -那个… |
[22:27] | To everyone online, I seem so considerate. | 对于别人来说 我似乎很体贴 |
[22:31] | But what am I gonna do, | 但如果我是 |
[22:33] | go to a nightclub and check on you tomorrow? | 去夜店嗨了一晚 第二天再来看你呢 |
[22:34] | When you put it like that, uh… | 那么做的话… |
[22:37] | It’s a bit too important to me, though, that perception. | 不过别人的看法对我来说很重要 |
[22:41] | Now you’re just being hard on yourself. | 你对自己太严苛了 |
[22:43] | This isn’t easy to admit, | 承认这点并不容易 |
[22:46] | but you’ve been so honest with me. | 但你一直对我都很真诚 |
[22:48] | Everyone likes attention, Yasmine. | 所有人都喜欢别人的关注 雅斯敏 |
[22:50] | Yeah, but 87 likes is a big disappointment. | 是 但87还是很令人失望的 |
[22:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:00] | I want your neighbors to see me through the windows | 我想让你的邻居通过窗户看到我 |
[23:02] | and desire me. | 想要我 |
[23:04] | I want that paramedic to think | 我想让护理人员认为 |
[23:06] | I’m the funniest girl he’s ever met. | 我是他见过的最有意思的女孩 |
[23:09] | Why this need to make strangers fall in love with me? | 我为什么要让陌生人爱上我呢 |
[23:13] | What’s the difference? | 有什么关系呢 |
[23:14] | – It’s harmless. – It’s manipulative. | -又没造成什么伤害 -要摆布他人 |
[23:16] | But so long as you’re aware of it. | 但是只要你知道就好 |
[23:18] | That comment you made about guys checking me out. | 你对别人的评价会影响到我 |
[23:21] | You can’t help that, surely. | 那是你控制不了的 |
[23:23] | Oh, I can. | 我可以 |
[23:24] | I’m doing it. | 我正在这么做 |
[23:29] | What? | 什么 |
[23:33] | Okay. My friends and I used to do this thing on the Metro, | 好吧 我和我的朋友们以前常常在地铁里这么做 |
[23:36] | as teenagers. | 在我们还是青少年的时候 |
[23:37] | If you’re going down the escalator, | 如果你要下扶梯 |
[23:39] | we’d compete to get the most guys to notice us. | 我们会比赛看谁能吸引更多的男生关注 |
[23:42] | How? | 那是怎么做的 |
[23:43] | Eye contact. | 眼神交流 |
[23:45] | A smile. | 一个笑容 |
[23:47] | That’s all it takes. | 就这些 |
[23:49] | I have noticed that, actually. | 我其实注意到那点了 |
[23:52] | So did my ex. | 我前任也注意到了 |
[23:56] | He’d call me on it. | 他跟我对质 |
[23:58] | I’d get defensive, convince him that he was paranoid. | 我就变得非常防备 说他太过多疑 |
[24:02] | It was pretty shitty of me. | 我是个烂人 |
[24:07] | You’re right, you know. | 你说的对 |
[24:09] | I’m really good at dating, | 我很擅长约会 |
[24:11] | but I’m also hard to be around long-term. | 但我很难长期相处 |
[24:17] | So we decided to take a break. | 所以我们决定分开一下 |
[24:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:25] | When was this? | 那是什么时候的事 |
[24:27] | A few weeks ago. | 几个星期前 |
[24:32] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[24:34] | No. It’s okay. It’s… | 不用 没什么的… |
[24:37] | You know, I mean, | 我是说 |
[24:39] | we never really talked about… anything serious. | 我们并没有谈什么严肃的事 |
[24:43] | Just small talk. | 就是闲聊 |
[24:45] | Well, it’s certainly big talk now. | 现在谈的就很严肃 |
[25:21] | Did you get in and out okay? | 你今天进出方面吗 |
[25:22] | Oh. Yes. | 还好 |
[25:24] | I’ve put some clothes in the closet for you. | 我给你在衣柜里放了几件衣服 |
[25:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:28] | How was the apartment? | 公寓怎么样 |
[26:30] | Like the Manson murders crime scene. | 像是曼森杀人现场 |
[27:15] | Coffee? | 喝咖啡吗 |
[27:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[27:21] | – Danish or strudel? – Mm. I don’t care. | -丹麦酥还是果馅卷 -随便 |
[27:24] | Rule is you got to answer. | 你必须选一个 |
[27:27] | Danish, then. | 那就丹麦酥 |
[27:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:38] | What a gorgeous scene. | 这画面真美啊 |
[27:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:42] | I’m impressed you’ve fought the urge to put it on Instagram. | 你竟然扼制住了把这放到图享的冲动 真令我惊讶 |
[27:46] | I would, but my battery’s dead. | 我本来要放的 但手机没电了 |
[27:52] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[27:54] | I got to say, I… | 我得说 我… |
[27:56] | I had fantasized about you staying over | 我幻想和你一起过夜 |
[28:01] | and us getting breakfast. | 一起吃早饭 |
[28:05] | It was a little different in my imagination. | 和我的想象有一点不同 |
[28:08] | Well, that could still happen. | 还是可能发生的 |
[28:09] | Really? Even after tonight? | 真的吗 今晚吗 |
[28:11] | Please, don’t have an anxiety attack. | 拜托 别焦虑发作 |
[28:13] | Ooh. Shots fired. | 命中靶心 |
[28:16] | Meantime, this is good. | 这很好 |
[28:20] | No? | 不好吗 |
[28:23] | Better than good. | 比好还好 |
[28:26] | Here. To your new, amazing life. | 来 敬你棒极了的新生活 |
[28:31] | Oh, the apartment. | 公寓 |
[28:33] | – Oh, my God. – I’ll help you clean up. | -我的天 -我帮你清理 |
[28:36] | Will you help me move out? | 你能帮我搬走吗 |
[28:40] | Can we just sit here a bit? | 我们能在这里坐会吗 |
[28:44] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[28:48] | But I might need to lay down. | 但我可能得躺下 |
[28:50] | Is it okay? | 可以吗 |
[28:58] | Will you hold that for a sec? | 你能帮我拿一下吗 |
[29:00] | – Sure. – Thanks. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[29:06] | – What are you… – I’m trying to… | -你在… -我在努力… |
[29:06] | – Let me. – Would you? | -我来吧 -你能帮我下吗 |
[29:08] | I can’t do it. | 我脱不下来 |
[29:10] | – Thank you. Very sweet. – Yeah. | -谢谢 你人真好 -没什么 |
[29:31] | Can I say something? | 我能说点什么吗 |
[29:36] | I really appreciate this. | 我真的很感谢 |
[29:40] | No, I mean it. | 不 我是认真的 |
[29:43] | I-I-I know that we’ve only just now met | 我知道我们才刚认识 |
[29:45] | and nothing has really happened. | 并没有真正发生什么 |
[29:48] | And I know that you’re just out of an intense relationship, | 我知道你刚结束了一段认真的感情 |
[29:51] | and I’m not really, probably, you know, a long-term prospect. | 我可能不是… 长期的约会对象 |
[29:56] | But I just want to say, whatever happens, | 但我想说 不管发生什么 |
[30:01] | this meant something. | 这是有意义的 |
[30:03] | Honestly, if I never see you again, | 说实话 如果我再见到你 |
[30:06] | or if you stick around a very long time, | 或者如果你再待一段时间 |
[30:08] | or anything in between those two, it’s all… | 或者发生这两者之间的事… |
[30:18] | Yasmine, are you asleep? | 雅斯敏 你睡着了吗 |
[30:23] | What? | 什么 |
[30:24] | How much of that did you hear? | 你听到多少 |
[30:27] | Why are you still talking, Rob? | 你为什么还在说话 罗伯 |
[30:30] | I don’t know. I’m sorry. | 我不知道 抱歉 |
[30:35] | I’m good. | 我没事 |