时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:13] | You’ve exceeded my dreams. | 你超出了我所有期待 |
[01:16] | You’re smart, beautiful, | 你聪明 漂亮 |
[01:19] | accomplished, kind, | 有才华 善良 |
[01:23] | and finally 21. | 而且终于21岁了 |
[01:26] | Anyone would be proud to be your father, | 任何人有你这样的女儿都会很骄傲 |
[01:29] | but guess what. | 但是你猜怎么着 |
[01:31] | Not everyone is. | 你的父亲只有一个 |
[01:33] | I am. | 就是我 |
[01:35] | I can’t believe how lucky I am. | 简直无法相信我有多幸运 |
[01:41] | To Tami… | 敬塔米 |
[01:43] | …on her 21st birthday. | 祝她21岁生日快乐 |
[01:45] | Thanks, Dad, but you don’t have to be so sappy. | 谢了 爸 但你不用这么煽情 |
[01:48] | You are embarrassing me in front of Maddy. | 麦蒂还在 我都不好意思了 |
[01:50] | No, I love it. Keep going. | 不 我很喜欢 继续 |
[01:51] | Forgive me, Maddy. | 原谅我 麦蒂 |
[01:52] | It’s not every day your little girl turns 21. | 女儿满21岁可不是每天都有的事 |
[01:54] | Oh, stop already. | 得了吧 |
[02:00] | May this first year of adulthood | 希望你成年的第一年 |
[02:02] | set you on the path to becoming the amazing woman | 让你能够成为一名优秀的女子 |
[02:04] | we all know you’re destined to be. | 我们都知道你注定是个卓越的人 |
[02:06] | Love you, Tami. | 爱你 塔米 |
[02:07] | I am going to literally projectile vomit | 你要是再不停下来 |
[02:09] | if you don’t stop. | 我真要吐了 |
[02:10] | And I have been an adult since I was 18, Dad. Really. | 而且我从18岁起就已经成年了好吗 |
[02:14] | You just turned 21, didn’t you, Maddy? | 你也是刚满21 对不对麦蒂 |
[02:16] | Yeah, three months ago. | 对 三个月前 |
[02:17] | Well, I hope your father didn’t embarrass you | 希望你的父亲没有跟这位一样 |
[02:19] | – like this old softy. – Oh, no, come on. | -让你难堪 -别这么说 |
[02:21] | No, he didn’t. | 确实没有 |
[02:24] | This is how I turned 21. | 我的21岁生日是这样的 |
[02:29] | My celebration wasn’t something my father | 对于我的庆祝仪式 |
[02:31] | would necessarily have approved of. | 我爸大概不会允许 |
[02:34] | But that’s okay, because he wasn’t there. | 但是没关系 因为他不在 |
[02:38] | Having no dad is something I’m used to. | 我已经习惯了没有爸爸 |
[02:41] | I wasn’t even thinking about him that much anymore. | 我甚至都不会经常想起他 |
[02:44] | We should use the standard CVT… | 我们应该用标准CVT |
[02:46] | Until somebody made me think about him… | 直到有人让我想起了他 |
[02:49] | …a lot. | 经常性的 |
[02:50] | This guy. | 就是这位 |
[02:52] | He always had crumbs on his sweater. | 他的毛衣上总掉着面包屑 |
[02:55] | Little flecks of silver in his sideburns. | 两鬓有着银发 |
[02:58] | His hair was thinning from the top. | 他还有些谢顶 |
[03:01] | But he was handsome, too. | 但他也非常帅 |
[03:04] | Like an actor playing a dad in an AARP commercial. | 就像美国退休人员协会里的演员一样 |
[03:07] | John’s life depends on it. | 约翰的生命就靠它了 |
[03:08] | Basically, he was dad porn. | 他简直就是父亲黄片 |
[03:12] | The only thing wrong with him | 他唯一的不足 |
[03:13] | was that he didn’t have a big enough paunch. | 就是他没有大肚子 |
[03:17] | For optimal dadness, | 为了达到理想的”爸爸状态” |
[03:19] | his belly needed to touch his knees. | 他的肚子要能碰到膝盖 |
[03:22] | I hatched a plan. | 于是我制定了计划 |
[03:24] | I’m baking cookies for the snack room. Pass it on. | 我要给茶水间烤饼干 传一下 |
[03:30] | Do you have anything to add? | 你有什么要补充的吗 |
[03:39] | I knew he would check chocolate chip. | 我就知道他会选巧克力脆片 |
[03:42] | I just knew it. | 我就是知道 |
[04:07] | I found any excuse to linger outside his office. | 我总会找借口徘徊在他办公室门口 |
[04:12] | Naturally, he listened to classical music, | 他自然是听古典音乐的 |
[04:14] | like any self-respecting robotics genius. | 就像任何充满自信的机械学 |
[04:19] | I wanted a reason to go inside. | 我想要一个进去的理由 |
[04:21] | To see his desk, his books. | 看看他的桌子 他的书 |
[04:25] | Maybe he had a potted plant. | 也许他还有盆栽 |
[04:27] | Framed pictures of his past. | 还有他过去的照片 |
[04:42] | Hello? | 你好 |
[04:45] | – Hi. – Can I help you? | -你好 -有什么事吗 |
[04:47] | It was just the music. | 只是听到了音乐 |
[04:49] | – Is it too loud? – No, no. | -是太吵了吗 -没有 |
[04:51] | I was just wondering who it was. | 我只是在想是谁的作品 |
[04:53] | Oh, uh, it’s-it’s Yo-Yo Ma. | 是马友友 |
[04:55] | The Bach solo “Cello Suites.” Do you like it? | 巴赫独奏”无伴奏大提琴组曲” 你喜欢听吗 |
[04:58] | Yeah, I really… I really do. | 喜欢 真的很喜欢 |
[05:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:07] | Can I get a coffee? Throw some milk in there. | 给我来杯咖啡 加点牛奶 |
[05:25] | You’re the one making all the chocolate chip cookies. | 巧克力脆片饼干是你做的吧 |
[05:28] | Uh… Guilty. | 被发现了 |
[05:29] | I’m eating them all. I’m getting fat, Madeline. | 我吃了好多 我都要胖了 麦德琳 |
[05:32] | Only my father ever called me by my full name. | 只有我父亲才会以全名叫我 |
[05:35] | People usually just call me Maddy. | 大多数人都叫我麦蒂 |
[05:38] | You like coffee? I like coffee, too. | 你喜欢咖啡吗 我也喜欢 |
[05:41] | Do you like duck? | 你喜欢鸭肉吗 |
[05:42] | Who-who doesn’t like duck? | 谁不喜欢鸭肉呢 |
[05:45] | Would you like to have dinner sometime? | 你想不想一起吃个晚餐 |
[05:51] | So, there’s this senior engineer at work | 我们公司有一位高级工程师 |
[05:53] | who’s working on artificial intelligence. | 负责人工智能方面 |
[05:56] | You know, underwater drones that do metocean data collection, | 就是做海洋气象数据收集的水下无人机 |
[06:00] | measure salinity, you know, carbon levels. | 测量盐分 还有碳含量 |
[06:03] | Genius stuff like that. | 比较天才的东西 |
[06:04] | That sounds cool. | 听起来很酷 |
[06:06] | I’m having dinner with him tonight. | 我今晚要跟他吃晚餐 |
[06:07] | That sounds creepy. | 听起来好奇怪 |
[06:08] | It’s not creepy. It’s fine. | 不奇怪 很好啊 |
[06:10] | – How so? – He’s, like, 30 years older than I am. | -怎么说 -他比我大了有30岁 |
[06:13] | That never stops them. | 他们不会因为这个放弃 |
[06:15] | I know, but he’s, like, old old. | 对 但他真的很老 |
[06:17] | He’s totally my dad. Even his smell. | 他真能当我爹了 连味道都一样 |
[06:20] | You smelled him? | 你还闻了他的味道吗 |
[06:23] | I was bringing him papers at his desk, and I leaned over, | 我当时去他办公桌送文件 俯下身 |
[06:26] | and I caught this faint old man smell. | 就闻到了他身上的老人味 |
[06:30] | Just like my dad had. | 跟我爸当初的味道一样 |
[06:32] | It’s a thing, you know? | 确实有这个东西 |
[06:34] | Old man smell. | 老男人味 |
[06:35] | Huh. Look it up. | 你可以查查看 |
[06:36] | They make more benzothiazole and nonanol. | 他们会分泌更多苯并噻唑和壬烯醇 |
[06:40] | Non-anal? | “人吸唇” |
[06:41] | It’s a metabolite. | 是一种代谢产物 |
[06:42] | Shut up. | 你闭嘴吧 |
[06:46] | He also smells like Tums. | 他身上还有抗胃酸咀嚼片的味道 |
[06:48] | I think he has digestive issues. | 他应该是有消化问题 |
[06:52] | Hmm. I wonder if that’s why he’s not getting any fatter. | 怪不得他没有继续变胖了 |
[06:54] | Oh, well. So, what exactly is happening tonight? | 好吧 所以你们今晚打算干什么 |
[06:57] | Where are you having dinner? | 要去哪里吃晚餐 |
[06:59] | At his apartment. | 他家 |
[07:00] | He is cooking for you? This is a date. | 他要给你做饭 那肯定是约会了 |
[07:02] | It’s not a date. | 不是约会 |
[07:03] | Then why did you iron your blouse? | 那你为什么要熨衣服 |
[07:06] | – I iron my blouse every day. – Since when? | -我每天都熨衣服 -什么时候开始的 |
[07:09] | Since just now. | 刚才 |
[07:10] | Okay, Maddy. | 好吧 麦蒂 |
[07:12] | Whatever you say. | 你开心就好 |
[07:14] | Just don’t fuck him on your non-date, because… | 不过既然不是约会 记得别上他 |
[07:16] | then it would be… a date. | 不然就会变成 约会 |
[07:20] | It’s not a date. | 不是约会 |
[07:21] | Yeah, yeah. | 行吧行吧 |
[07:25] | It was a date. | 确实是约会 |
[07:27] | But it was sort of a dad date. | 但是是那种父女约会 |
[07:29] | I mean, listen to these questions he asked. | 听听他问的这些问题 |
[07:32] | So, Madeline, do you like to travel? | 麦德琳 你喜欢旅行吗 |
[07:35] | What are your big dreams for your future self? | 你对于将来的自己有什么期待 |
[07:38] | What are you doing hiding out in R & D? | 你为什么要藏在研发部 |
[07:40] | All perfectly solid dad questions. | 妥妥的都是爸爸式问题 |
[07:43] | You get this look on your face in meetings, | 你开会的时候会露出一种表情 |
[07:45] | like you’re taking notes on the human comedy | 好像正在记录一些人间喜剧 |
[07:47] | for some novel you’re writing. | 来作为小说的材料 |
[07:50] | You’re an observer, always watching everything. | 你是个观察者 总在注视着一切 |
[07:53] | Like right now, I’m watching you cook. | 就像现在 我在看你做饭 |
[07:56] | I’m glad you came. | 你来了我很开心 |
[07:59] | I wasn’t so sure you’d show up. | 我本来不确定你会出现 |
[08:02] | Here, I want you to try this risotto. | 来 尝尝这个意大利烩饭 |
[08:08] | It should be creamy with a little bite to the rice. | 应该会很丝滑细腻 而米饭保留一些口感 |
[08:11] | Blow. | 吹一吹 |
[08:15] | Good girl. | 乖 |
[08:20] | It’s creamy all right. | 确实很丝滑 |
[08:21] | It was definitely a date. | 绝对是约会 |
[08:32] | You’re going home after dessert. | 你吃完甜点就回家了 |
[08:35] | Relax. | 放轻松 |
[08:52] | Peter? | 皮特 |
[08:54] | In here. | 这里 |
[09:12] | Hey. Come here. | 来 过来 |
[09:15] | I want you to hear this. | 我想让你听听这个 |
[09:16] | Schumann wrote it for his wife before he went mad. | 是舒曼发疯前给他妻子写的 |
[09:46] | He smelled like wine and oranges… | 他闻起来有红酒和橙子的味道 |
[09:49] | and dependability. | 还有可依赖的味道 |
[09:51] | He had a gray comforter. | 他有一床灰色的棉被 |
[09:54] | He was a gray comforter. | 他本身就像一床灰色棉被 |
[09:56] | I was in heaven. | 我宛如置身天堂 |
[09:58] | This is nice. | 感觉真好 |
[10:00] | I thought you’d like it. | 我就觉得你会喜欢 |
[10:08] | Are you a golfer? | 你打高尔夫球吗 |
[10:10] | No. Why? | 不打 怎么了 |
[10:11] | Because your socks have little putting greens on them. | 因为你的袜子上有高尔夫绿地标志 |
[10:15] | They do? | 是吗 |
[10:17] | Yeah, look. | 你看 |
[10:19] | How about that? | 真有意思 |
[10:21] | – Wait, don’t throw them. – Why? | -别扔了呀 -为什么 |
[10:23] | I love them. | 我很喜欢 |
[10:24] | No, I’m just getting more comfortable. | 我只是想更舒服一点 |
[10:27] | How can I make you more comfortable? | 你怎样会更舒服呢 |
[10:33] | Why don’t you… | 要不你… |
[10:34] | You can tell me a story. | 你可以给我讲个故事 |
[10:37] | What kind of story? | 什么故事 |
[10:41] | About when I was little. | 讲我小时候的事 |
[10:44] | About… Well, I didn’t know you then. | 你小… 可我当时不认识你啊 |
[10:47] | Yeah, but what if you did? | 如果你认识呢 |
[10:53] | I’m just playing. It’s just a game. | 只是为了好玩 就像个游戏 |
[10:57] | Okay, what’s the game? | 什么游戏 |
[10:58] | Well, that… for a minute, that you pretend to be my dad. | 就是 你假装你是我爸爸的游戏 |
[11:03] | Your dad, uh… I pretend that I’m your dad? | 你爸爸 我假装是你爸爸 |
[11:06] | Only if you want to. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[11:07] | And where is your actual dad? | 你真正的爸爸呢 |
[11:10] | He died when I was 11. | 我11岁时他就去世了 |
[11:13] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[11:16] | And you want me to… | 你希望我… |
[11:17] | No, not… I mean, not if you think it’s, like, weird. | 当然如果你觉得很奇怪就不用了 |
[11:20] | – Don’t. – No, I mean, it’s a little weird. | -那就不了 -确实有点奇怪 |
[11:23] | Th-Then… then never mind. | 那就 当我没说 |
[11:24] | Just-just forget about it. | 就当没这回事吧 |
[11:29] | Once upon a time… | 很久很久以前 |
[11:30] | No, don’t. Don’t. No… | 不 不要了 |
[11:34] | There was a little girl. | 有一个小女孩 |
[11:35] | She had big blue eyes | 她有着大大的蓝眼睛 |
[11:38] | and short blonde hair, | 和金色短发 |
[11:41] | and her name was Madeline. | 她的名字叫麦德琳 |
[11:44] | No, just stop. | 别说了 |
[11:45] | No, stop, please. I’m-I’m embarrassed now. | 请你别说了 我感觉很不好意思 |
[11:47] | I had, like, too much wine, and I’m acting like an idiot. | 我喝多了酒 现在就像个傻子一样 |
[11:50] | What’s going on here? | 你这是怎么了 |
[11:55] | I went to my friend’s birthday last week, | 我上周去参加朋友的生日派对 |
[11:58] | and her dad came, and he said | 她爸爸来了 他还说了 |
[12:03] | all these “I’m so proud of you” things to her. | 许多”我为你自豪”的话 |
[12:08] | “You’re a brilliant young woman.” | “你是个优秀的女人” |
[12:12] | “You’ll achieve your dreams.” | “你会梦想成真的” |
[12:15] | “Everything’s gonna be all right.” | “一切都会好起来的” |
[12:17] | And it slayed me. | 这话太触动我了 |
[12:20] | I-I never had anyone say those things to me. | 从来没有人对我说过这样的话 |
[12:25] | And ever since, I’ve been fucked up. | 从那之后 我就觉得很难过 |
[12:31] | – I’m sorry. – No, no. | -很抱歉 -别这样 |
[12:34] | Hey. I understand. | 我理解 |
[12:38] | You do? How? | 真的吗 你怎么会理解 |
[12:43] | Because I’m a dad. | 因为我是名父亲 |
[12:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:47] | How many? | 你有几个小孩 |
[12:48] | Two. | 两个 |
[12:50] | Well, how old? | 多大了 |
[12:52] | Well, they’re, um… they’re older than you are. | 他们年纪都比你大 |
[12:57] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[13:04] | – Let’s go. – Okay. | -走吧 -好的 |
[13:11] | After that, the genius and I were friendly | 从那之后 天才和我 |
[13:14] | but distant for a few weeks. | 保持了几周友好但疏远的联系 |
[13:17] | I was shocked to realize how much I missed him. | 我很惊讶自己居然会这么想他 |
[13:25] | At least I had his golf socks. | 至少我有了他的高尔夫球袜 |
[13:27] | I took them home on risotto night. | 我在吃烩饭那晚把它们带了回来 |
[13:31] | I found they helped me sleep. | 我发现它们会帮助我入眠 |
[13:41] | The genius did say he understood me that night. | 天才那晚说他理解我 |
[13:44] | “It’s okay. I understand.” | “没事的 我理解” |
[13:47] | Those were his exact words. | 他真的是这么说的 |
[13:50] | Maybe I needed to see him again. | 或许我需要再见他一面 |
[13:56] | You look sad. | 你看起来很伤心 |
[13:58] | Why aren’t you smiling? | 为什么不笑一笑呢 |
[14:00] | You’ll look pretty if you smile. | 你笑起来会很好看的 |
[14:01] | You know what? It’s not my job to look pretty for you. | 我又不负责让你觉得我好看 |
[14:04] | I’ll smile when I want to. | 我想什么时候笑就什么时候笑 |
[14:05] | So you don’t care if you look ugly? | 你不在乎自己看起来很丑吗 |
[14:06] | Why don’t you just watch the road and do your job silently? | 为什么你不能专心看路 安静完成工作呢 |
[14:09] | You don’t have to take that tone. I’m just being nice. | 你不用阴阳怪气 我只是表示友好而已 |
[14:11] | Look out! | 小心 |
[14:14] | So, when my Uber driver kindly arranged for me | 当我的优步司机为我贴心安排了一场车祸 |
[14:16] | to hit my head, I knew just who I wanted to call. | 让我撞到头了之后 我知道自己想打给谁了 |
[14:19] | You have everything you need from her, Officer? | 没有别的事情了吗 警官 |
[14:20] | I’d like to get her to the ER and have her looked at. | 我想带她去急诊室 检查一下 |
[14:23] | Yeah, I don’t need the ER. | 我不需要去急诊室 |
[14:24] | You could have a concussion. Best to find out. | 你可能会有脑震荡的 最好查清楚 |
[14:27] | I’d listen to your dad on this one. | 这事你最好听你爸爸的 |
[14:29] | You’re free to leave. | 你可以走了 |
[14:30] | Thank you, Officer. | 谢谢你 警官 |
[14:31] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[14:37] | It’s nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:39] | Even under the circumstances. | 即使是在这种情况下 |
[14:44] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[14:46] | I’m glad you called. | 你能打给我 我很高兴 |
[14:47] | I’m surprised, but I’m glad. | 有点惊讶 但是很高兴 |
[14:56] | I missed you. | 我很想你 |
[14:59] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[15:01] | I really didn’t need an MRI. | 我真的不需要拍核磁共振成像 |
[15:03] | I barely tapped my head. | 我几乎没有碰到头 |
[15:05] | But Peter had so much fatherly concern for me | 但彼得对我有如父亲般的关心 |
[15:08] | that I felt obligated to assuage his fears. | 我觉得自己有义务减轻他的担忧 |
[15:11] | And MRIs don’t hurt, not even a little bit. | 反正核磁共振成像又不疼 一点也不 |
[15:13] | – Are you claustrophobic? – Very. | -你有幽闭恐惧症吗 -非常严重 |
[15:15] | I panic in small spaces. | 在狭小的地方 我会惊恐发作 |
[15:18] | I’ll be right here. | 我就在这里 |
[15:20] | Can you hold onto my feet? | 你可以握住我的脚吗 |
[15:22] | Of course. I’ll hold onto them the whole time. | 当然 我会一直握着你的脚 |
[15:24] | If I curl my toes, that’s the sign that I’m scared, okay? | 如果我弯了脚趾 代表我害怕 明白吗 |
[15:28] | Okay. If you curl your toes, I’ll know you’re scared. | 好的 如果你弯了脚趾 我就知道你怕了 |
[15:32] | I’ll squeeze your feet to let you know everything’s okay. | 我会捏你的脚 告诉你一切都好 |
[15:54] | Everything’s okay. | 一切都好 |
[15:57] | I loved that MRI. | 我爱核磁共振成像 |
[16:00] | It was, like, the best 45 minutes of my life. | 那简直是我生命中最棒的45分钟 |
[16:09] | For the next couple weeks, the genius continued to help me | 接下来的几周 天才一直帮助我 |
[16:11] | with every problem I had. | 解决各种问题 |
[16:13] | – Here. – Thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[16:14] | He was, like, dream dad. | 他就像是我梦想中的父亲 |
[16:21] | Is your poop in there? | 里面堵的是你的便便吗 |
[16:23] | – Can you believe it? – I really can’t. | -你敢相信吗 -我真的不敢 |
[16:26] | I just can’t. | 我没法相信 |
[16:27] | – He is amazing. – I know. | -他也太棒了 -我知道 |
[16:30] | I want one. | 我也想要一个这样的人 |
[16:31] | You have one. | 你已经有一个了 |
[16:34] | Got it. | 好了 |
[16:42] | The genius and I started hanging out on weekends. | 天才和我开始在周末出门 |
[16:46] | Somehow, he knew exactly what to do with me. | 他知道我想做什么 |
[16:48] | This goat. | 这只羊 |
[16:51] | – Sounds human. – Dear God, that’s outrageous. | -听起来像人一样 -天啊 太夸张了吧 |
[16:58] | I was regressing nicely. | 我好像回到了小时候 很开心 |
[17:00] | I let Peter buy me cotton candy, for fuck’s sake. | 我居然让皮特给我买了棉花糖 |
[17:03] | Which was beyond the pale, even for me. | 即使是我也觉得太过分了 |
[17:06] | And he got me a stuffed sea lion. | 他还给我买了一个海狮玩具 |
[17:08] | Papa! Papa! | 外公 外公 |
[17:12] | So, let’s, uh… Come on. | 我们走吧 |
[17:14] | Why are you pulling me away? | 你为什么把我拽走 |
[17:15] | – Papa! – Uh, let’s go look at the monkeys over there. | -外公 -我们去那边看猴子吧 |
[17:18] | Are you running away from that toddler? | 你是在躲着那个小孩吗 |
[17:20] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[17:23] | Oh! Why, it’s Johnathan. Hello! | 是乔纳森啊 你好啊 |
[17:26] | What are you doing at the zoo? You could have called us. | 你在动物园干吗 你可以打电话给我们的 |
[17:28] | I know, it’s-it’s unusual for me to be here. | 我确实很少来这里 |
[17:30] | Unexpected. | 很意外吧 |
[17:32] | I’m Maddie. I work with Peter. | 我是麦蒂 我是皮特的同事 |
[17:35] | I-I’m Leslie. | 我是莱斯利 |
[17:38] | Leslie’s my daughter. | 莱斯利是我的女儿 |
[17:40] | So, you’re working Sundays now? | 你现在周日也工作吗 |
[17:42] | Yeah, it’s-it’s brutal. | 是有点不人道 |
[17:43] | You know, they’ll… | 他们… |
[17:44] | I mean, they’re always pushing us. Relentless. | 是啊 他们总是奴役我们 没完没了 |
[17:46] | And you just decided to take a break at the zoo. Wow. | 所以你就决定来动物园放松一下 |
[17:49] | How funny. Mm. | 真有意思 |
[17:50] | It’s a strange thing. Yeah. | 确实很神奇 对 |
[17:53] | You have a sea lion. | 你有一只海狮 |
[17:55] | – Yes, yes, I do. – May I hold it? | -是的 -我可以抱一抱吗 |
[18:04] | I love him. | 我好喜欢 |
[18:06] | – Okay, honey, it’s time to give it back. – No! | -好了 乖 还给人家吧 -不要 |
[18:09] | – I don’t want to. – You know what? | -我不想还 -这样吧 |
[18:11] | Let him keep it. He can have it. No problem. | 给他留着吧 送给他了 没问题 |
[18:14] | Right? | 是吧 |
[18:18] | Right? | 对吗 |
[18:21] | Right. Uh, yeah, of course. | 好 当然 没问题 |
[18:22] | It’s for you. | 送给你了 |
[18:23] | – Say thank you. – Thank you. | -说谢谢 -谢谢 |
[18:25] | Oh… listen, I-I need to get going back to work now. | 是这样 我现在得回去上班了 |
[18:28] | Okay, well, say goodbye to Grandpa, Jonathan. | 好 跟外公告别 乔纳森 |
[18:30] | – Bye-bye, Grandpa. – Boof. | -再见 外公 -好嘞 |
[18:33] | Okay, I’ll see you soon, Jonathan? | 那我们回头见 乔纳森 |
[18:35] | Am I still seeing you next Saturday | 下周六我们约的早午餐 |
[18:37] | for brunch, or… will you be working? | 还算数吗 或者说你要加班 |
[18:40] | Oh, I’ll see you then. | 到时候见 |
[18:42] | – All righty. – Bye-bye, buddy. | -好 -拜拜 孩子 |
[18:44] | – Bye. – Goodbye. | -拜 -再见 |
[18:45] | I want to go see the alligator. | 我想去看鳄鱼 |
[18:48] | Alligator? There is no alligator here. | 鳄鱼 这里没有鳄鱼呀 |
[18:50] | Keep up. Keep going. | 继续 往前走 |
[18:52] | I loved everything about that. | 刚才的一切我都好喜欢 |
[18:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:58] | ‘Cause I-I thought you might… | 我还以为你不会… |
[18:59] | I thought you might not like the grandpa part. | 我以为你不会喜欢外公的部分 |
[19:02] | Are you kidding? I loved that part. | 开什么玩笑 我超喜欢 |
[19:05] | I loved all of it. | 全部都很喜欢 |
[19:06] | Except for giving my sea lion away. | 除了送走了我的海狮 |
[19:09] | I mean, I already named him Mr. Sea Lion. | 毕竟我已经给它取了名字叫海狮先生 |
[19:12] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:24] | Oh, man. | 天哪 |
[19:25] | That’s beautiful. | 太美了 |
[19:27] | – It’s a nice color. – Come on. | -颜色很好看 -走吧 |
[19:35] | – It’s chic, right? – You need a good coat. | -很时髦吧 -你需要一件好大衣 |
[19:37] | You’ll catch cold in that thing you wear. | 你穿着那一身会着凉的 |
[19:39] | – I could live in this. – Do you want it? | -我能穿着它睡觉 -你想要吗 |
[19:45] | It’s $395. | 一件要395美金 |
[19:48] | But do you want it? | 但是你想要吗 |
[19:55] | I can’t believe this is mine. | 没想到这件衣服属于我了 |
[19:57] | I love it so much. | 我好喜欢 |
[19:59] | – You know what? Do me a favor. – What? | -这样 你帮我个忙 -什么 |
[20:01] | – Here, come here. – Yeah? | -过来 -怎么 |
[20:02] | Just… Humor me. | 你就顺着我吧 |
[20:04] | Let’s put the hood up. | 把帽子戴起来 |
[20:08] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[20:10] | You’re adorable. | 你太美了 |
[20:13] | What the fuck are you doing?! | 你他妈这是干什么 |
[20:16] | What? You’re mad? | 什么 你生气了 |
[20:17] | – What was that? – It was a kiss. | -你干什么 -吻你啊 |
[20:19] | I thought we were going somewhere. | 我还以为我们进展很好 |
[20:21] | I thought you liked me. | 你不是喜欢我吗 |
[20:22] | – No, not in that way. – Really? | -不是那种喜欢 -真的吗 |
[20:24] | I mean, I’m surprised at… | 我很惊讶… |
[20:25] | You’re, like, 30 years older than me. | 你比我大了有三十岁吧 |
[20:27] | Are you gonna hold my age against me? | 你要拿我的年龄说事吗 |
[20:28] | You’ve been coming on to me for weeks now, Madeline. | 你已经撩了我好几周 麦德琳 |
[20:30] | – Me coming on to you? – Yeah. | -我撩你 -对啊 |
[20:32] | I’ve been doing but nothing but telling you! | 我一直都在努力告诉我 |
[20:34] | Telling me what? What have you told me? What? | 告诉我什么 你告诉我什么了 什么 |
[20:37] | Telling you with-with-with signs and-and words | 我给过你暗示 也直接说过 |
[20:40] | that-that wouldn’t hurt your feelings | 我选了不伤害你的方式 |
[20:41] | that I’m not into you that way. | 表示我对你不是那种喜欢 |
[20:44] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么啊 |
[20:45] | Can you calm down and just not act… | 你能不能冷静一点 |
[20:48] | act like you’re not at least partly responsible for this? | 难道这件事全是我的责任吗 |
[20:51] | – Laying on the bed with me? – That was snuggling. | -你还跟我躺在床上 -那只是依偎 |
[20:53] | Oh, is that what you call it? | 你是这么认为的吗 |
[20:54] | Because your breasts were pushed up against me, | 因为你的胸都贴着我 |
[20:56] | – and don’t say they weren’t. – Oh, my God. | -你别说没有 -我的天哪 |
[20:58] | That wasn’t intentional! | 我又不是故意的 |
[20:59] | What am I supposed to do with them? They’re out front. | 那我还能怎么办 它们就在前面啊 |
[21:01] | It doesn’t mean anything. | 又没有什么意义 |
[21:03] | What kind of snuggling was it, then? | 那你觉得那是哪种依偎 |
[21:09] | The… the dad kind. | 就 父亲那种 |
[21:11] | The dad kind? | 父亲那种 |
[21:13] | So I’m your dad? | 你把我当爸爸吗 |
[21:17] | We… we talked about this. | 我们之前聊过的 |
[21:20] | You need to grow up. This is unhealthy. | 你得长大了 这样不健康 |
[21:22] | Oh, and fucking somebody 40 years younger is? | 那你上一个比你小40岁的人就健康吗 |
[21:25] | 40? Where’d you come up with 40? | 40 你从哪儿想出来的40 |
[21:27] | This is a lot of hostility coming from someone | 你对我这么有敌意 |
[21:29] | who let me just buy her a fancy coat. | 你可是刚让我给你买了一件昂贵的大衣 |
[21:35] | There it is. | 总算说出来了 |
[21:37] | I can’t believe you would reduce our relationship | 没想到你居然把我们的感情 |
[21:40] | to a cold calculation. | 说成是冰冷的计算 |
[21:42] | What is this? Coat for sex? | 怎么 这衣服是用来换性爱的吗 |
[21:45] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[21:46] | This was a transaction? | 这是交易吗 |
[21:52] | – Wait, what are you doing? Now, don’t put… – No, I just… | -等等 你要干什么 别… -不 |
[21:53] | – Take it. Take it. Here, take it. – No, just… | -给你 还给你 -我不是… |
[22:04] | I’m sorry. I should… I shouldn’t have said that. | 对不起 我 我不该那么说的 |
[22:09] | I want you to have the coat. | 衣服我想送给你 |
[22:12] | It wasn’t a trade. Of course not. | 不是交易 当然不是 |
[22:15] | You’re freezing. Put it on. | 你都冷死了 快穿上 |
[22:16] | No, I don’t want to touch that coat ever again. | 不 我再也不想碰那件衣服了 |
[22:18] | Just fuck that coat! | 去他妈的衣服 |
[22:21] | Well, then, here, would… | 好吧 那这样… |
[22:22] | Will you put mine on? | 你能穿上我的吗 |
[22:36] | This got out of hand. I didn’t mean what I said. | 情况有些失控 我不是那个意思 |
[22:39] | Okay? I’m just… I… | 好吗 我只是… |
[22:43] | I feel like a fool, okay? | 我觉得自己很愚蠢 |
[22:51] | I’m the stupid one. | 愚蠢的人是我 |
[22:55] | Of course you weren’t gonna | 你给我买大衣 |
[22:57] | buy me a coat because you’re nice. | 当然不可能是出于好心 |
[23:00] | Because I need one, because… | 就因为我需要大衣 或者… |
[23:03] | because you wanted to take care of me for a bit. | 因为你想照顾我一点点 |
[23:06] | I mean, how-how could I think that that was enough for you? | 我怎么能认为那样对你来说就够了呢 |
[23:13] | I don’t know, Madeline. Is it enough… | 我不知道 麦德琳 |
[23:17] | for most men, in your experience? | 你以往的经验里 大多数男人觉得够了吗 |
[23:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:24] | I… I don’t have any experience with men. | 我 在男人方面没有什么经验 |
[23:31] | But I don’t know what it-it feels like… | 我不知道那是什么感觉 |
[23:34] | to just… | 就是 |
[23:36] | have a man look after you just ’cause. | 被一个人不求回报地照顾着 |
[24:07] | You were expecting a lot if you really thought | 你要是觉得能一直柏拉图式下去 |
[24:08] | it was gonna stay platonic. | 那你绝对是想多了 |
[24:10] | I mean, what was supposed to be in it for him? | 你觉得他跟你这样能得到什么 |
[24:16] | Me. All of me. | 我啊 全部的我 |
[24:19] | Except for sex. | 除了性爱 |
[24:21] | You sure you don’t want to sleep with Grandpa? | 你确定你不想跟外公上床吗 |
[24:24] | I’m not attracted to him. | 他对我没有吸引力 |
[24:26] | Come on, Tami. I mean, you’re the one that said it was creepy. | 别闹 塔米 是你说的这样很奇怪 |
[24:29] | It is creepy, but who cares? | 确实很奇怪 但谁在乎呢 |
[24:32] | You gotta take the bad with the good. | 好和坏都得接受啊 |
[24:34] | And also, the pilot light is out, | 而且 指示灯坏了 |
[24:35] | and we need someone to fix it. | 需要一个人来修 |
[24:39] | Don’t you think you could give him another chance? | 你不觉得可以再给他一次机会吗 |
[24:48] | I closed my eyes and tried to feel good | 我闭上眼 努力享受 |
[24:50] | about sex with the genius. | 跟天才的性爱 |
[24:52] | I really tried. | 我真的努力了 |
[24:55] | Does that feel good? Do you like that? | 舒服吗 你喜欢这样吗 |
[24:56] | You’re so hot. You’re like… | 你真性感 你就像… |
[24:59] | Don’t say anything, okay? | 别说话 好吗 |
[25:01] | But I couldn’t envision myself with him. | 但是我无法想象自己和他在一起 |
[25:03] | I just wasn’t attracted to him that way. | 我对他就是没有那种感觉 |
[25:13] | I decided I had to let go of the genius entirely. | 我决定必须放下天才 |
[25:25] | Madeline? | 麦德琳 |
[25:28] | Yeah? | 怎么 |
[25:31] | Uh… can I talk to you for a minute outside? | 我能请你去外面聊聊吗 |
[25:35] | – What’s up? – I have something | -怎么了 -有件重要的事 |
[25:36] | important that I want to say to you. | 我想当面跟你说 |
[25:38] | Oh, my God. I’m fired. | 天哪 我被炒了 |
[25:41] | – What? – I’m fired. Y-You’re getting me fired. | -什么 -我被炒了 你要让他们开除我 |
[25:43] | – No, hold on. Hold on a second. – Am I right? Am I right? | -不是 你先等等 -我说对了吗 我猜对了吧 |
[25:44] | No, look. Just… | 不是 听我说 |
[25:45] | B-Because usually that’s…that’s what happens. | 因为通常就是这样的结果 |
[25:48] | – Will you just… – I’ve disturbed you, | -你能不能… -你觉得我很烦 |
[25:49] | so you’re gonna find a way to remove me | 所以你打算想个办法 |
[25:51] | from your field of vision, | 让我离开你的视野 |
[25:52] | and I’ll get a bad performance review, | 所以我的业绩考核会很差 |
[25:54] | and they’ll find out that I’ve been photocopying a lot, | 然后他们会发现我一直在偷偷复印东西 |
[25:57] | – and-and they’ll fire me. – Look. Look. Look. | -他们就会开除我 -你听我说 |
[25:59] | None of that’s gonna happen. | 不会这样的 |
[26:03] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[26:08] | We both did this. | 这是我们共同的事 |
[26:10] | I would never blame it all on you. | 我永远不会推到你一个人身上 |
[26:12] | I would never try to get you to leave. | 我也不会想办法赶你走 |
[26:16] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[26:20] | Look. I wanted a moment with you because I wanted to… | 听我说 我叫你出来是因为我… |
[26:26] | …to tell you… | 我想告诉你 |
[26:29] | …that I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[26:31] | What? | 什么 |
[26:33] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[26:36] | I’m taking a little break away. | 我要休个假 |
[26:38] | What? All of a sudden? | 什么 这么突然吗 |
[26:42] | I was able to arrange a sabbatical. | 我申请了公休 |
[26:45] | Is it… is it because of me? | 是 是因为我吗 |
[26:48] | Yes. | 对 |
[26:51] | I’m sorry. I-I-I never… | 对不起 我不是… |
[26:53] | No, don’t be. Don’t. It… | 没事 不必这样 |
[26:55] | – I never… I never… – Yeah, I know. | -我没有… 我不是… -我知道 |
[26:59] | It was eye-opening. | 让我开眼界了 |
[27:09] | Are you crying? | 你在哭吗 |
[27:13] | Aren’t-aren’t you… | 你都这么… |
[27:15] | Aren’t you a little old to be crying? | 你都这么大年纪了还会哭吗 |
[27:19] | Why can’t I cry? | 我怎么就不能哭了 |
[27:20] | Why can’t I have emotions about this? | 对于我们的事 我不能伤感吗 |
[27:21] | Just ’cause I’m older? | 就因为我年纪大了 |
[27:27] | It’s bullshit that, you know, | 这种想法很扯淡 |
[27:29] | older people have… have it together. | 凭什么老人就会永远淡定自若 |
[27:32] | It’s… more of the same. | 其实 都差不多 |
[27:36] | You’re just trying to figure it out. | 都是在努力过生活 |
[27:47] | I really am sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[28:02] | I have something that I want to say to you, | 我有事情想跟你说 |
[28:04] | and I want you to really listen and take it in, Madeline. | 我希望你能认真听 听进心里 麦德琳 |
[28:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:10] | I want you to know that… | 我希望你知道 |
[28:18] | …that you’re a wonderful girl. | 你是个很棒的女孩 |
[28:23] | You’re smart. | 你很聪明 |
[28:26] | Resourceful, beautiful. | 点子多 也很漂亮 |
[28:31] | And you will accomplish whatever… | 无论你的目标是什么 |
[28:34] | whatever you set your heart on. | 你都能够实现 |
[28:37] | You have grown up to be an extraordinary young woman. | 你已经长成了一个优秀的年轻女人 |
[28:43] | You’re the daughter of any father’s dreams. | 你是任何父亲都梦寐以求的女儿 |
[28:47] | I am very… | 我非常 |
[28:50] | very, very proud of you, Madeline. | 非常非常以你为傲 麦德琳 |
[29:12] | And in that moment, something shifted. | 从那一刻起 有什么东西变了 |
[29:15] | Watching the genius walk away from me, I felt released. | 看着天才从我面前走开 我解放了 |
[29:19] | Split open. | 完全放松了 |
[29:20] | His words had been transformational. | 他的那番话彻底改变了我 |
[29:24] | Suddenly, I was finally grown up. | 我忽然完全长大了 |
[29:29] | Wait! | 等等 |