时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:09] | And now, in a scene as old as time itself, | 现在 上演了古老的一幕 |
[01:12] | the female, now a mother, presents her baby to the father. | 新妈妈把婴儿呈现给了父亲 |
[01:16] | It’s a tense moment. | 这是紧张的一刻 |
[01:20] | Males have been known to reject their young | 雄性如果对宝宝的父亲有丝毫疑问 |
[01:23] | if they are in any doubt as to whether or not they are the father. | 是可能会拒绝承认它的 |
[01:26] | Or even to eat them. | 有时甚至会吃掉小宝宝 |
[01:28] | Oh, please don’t eat your baby. | 别吃你的宝宝啊 |
[01:33] | Ooh, fuck. | 该死 |
[01:38] | I’m going to bed. | 我要去睡了 |
[01:39] | All right, babe, I’ll be in. | 好 亲爱的 我就去 |
[01:40] | I just want to finish this reel. | 我先完成这部分的 |
[01:42] | Do you ever get strong parental feelings? | 你是否有过强烈的父母感觉 |
[01:45] | Overpowering? | 特别强烈的 |
[01:48] | No. | 没有过 |
[01:49] | Uh, well, I just finished watching this, uh, program | 我刚看完一部纪录片 |
[01:51] | about baby gorillas in the Congo, | 讲刚果的大猩猩宝宝的 |
[01:53] | and I don’t know, I… I started lactating. | 怎么说呢 我开始泌乳了 |
[01:57] | That’s disgusting. | 恶心 |
[01:58] | Well, don’t you get bored of yourself? | 你不会对自己感到无聊吗 |
[02:00] | Of your happiness? | 对你的快乐 |
[02:01] | Your mindfulness? Of your running? | 你的关注 你的跑步 |
[02:04] | Your career? | 你的事业 |
[02:05] | I get so bored of “me.” | 我有时对自己感到好厌倦 |
[02:08] | Mm-hmm, yeah, I-I know what you mean. | 嗯 我能理解你的意思 |
[02:10] | Honey, I feel incomplete. | 亲爱的 我觉得不完整 |
[02:13] | Well, let’s discuss it sometime. | 我们哪天谈谈好了 |
[02:15] | I’ll click the kettle. | 我去烧水 |
[02:17] | Well, we could do IVF | 我们可以做试管授精 |
[02:19] | – like my friends Charlie and Mike. – What did they do? | -就像我朋友查理和迈克 -他们做了什么 |
[02:22] | They paid some poor lady in India to be their surrogate, | 他们雇了个印度的穷苦女人做代孕妈妈 |
[02:24] | and then they mixed up their sperm | 他们混合了他们的精子 |
[02:26] | so they wouldn’t find out which one of them fertilized the egg. | 这样就不知道是哪个人的精子让卵子受精了 |
[02:29] | – Did that work? – Sure, | -成功了吗 -当然 |
[02:30] | they’ve got a beautiful three-year-old | 他们现在有个可爱的三岁孩子 |
[02:32] | who looks exactly like Charlie. | 长得特别像查理 |
[02:36] | And what happened to the poor Indian lady? | 那位印度的穷苦女人呢 |
[02:38] | I don’t know. I guess she ate really well for a year. | 不知道 大概能吃一年的好饭了吧 |
[02:41] | Okay, what about adopting? | 好吧 那领养呢 |
[02:43] | That makes sense. | 也不错 |
[02:44] | I have no desire to bring another human being into the world. | 我完全不想再带个人来到这世上了 |
[02:46] | No. Me, neither. So… | 我也不想 |
[02:48] | Right. Well, what are we gonna do? | 好 那怎么办 |
[02:49] | Are we gonna really think about it? | 我们真要考虑这事吗 |
[02:52] | And so, Tobin and Andy | 于是托宾和安迪 |
[02:53] | begin their reproductive journey, | 开始了他们的繁殖之旅 |
[02:55] | here in the city of New York. | 就在纽约市 |
[02:58] | It will be an adventure full of excitement, disappointment, | 这段冒险将充满刺激 失望 |
[03:01] | laughter, tears, and an astounding amount of paperwork. | 欢笑 眼泪 和相当繁杂的手续 |
[03:06] | So, have you guys thought about open adoption, too? | 你们考虑过开放式领养吗 |
[03:10] | Do you guys do that? | 你们也做那个吗 |
[03:10] | Everyone does now. | 现在大家都做这个了 |
[03:12] | The birth mother has as much or as little access with the child | 生母与孩子的接触程度完全是由 |
[03:15] | as the three of you agree. | 你们仨商量决定 |
[03:17] | And you would be legal guardians, of course. | 你们当然将成为合法监护人 |
[03:19] | That sounds… awesome. | 那…不错啊 |
[03:21] | – I-I think we’d like that. – Okay. | -这样不错 -好 |
[03:23] | Well, let me give you a little paperwork to fill out. | 这是需要填写的文件 |
[03:26] | And I’ll get you in my database. | 然后我就能把你们录入数据库了 |
[03:28] | That is a whole tree of paperwork. | 这堆文件得砍了一棵树吧 |
[03:31] | What exactly did you expect | 你以为今天 |
[03:33] | was gonna happen today, Andy? | 会发生什么 安迪 |
[03:34] | – He brought a car seat today. – Well… | -他今天带了婴儿车座来 -好吧 |
[03:36] | I– Shut up, I did not. | 我 闭嘴 我没有 |
[03:49] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[03:50] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[03:55] | – Okay. Hey, Trina. – All right, all right, all right. | -好 崔娜 -好好好 |
[03:57] | How you guys holding up? | 你们还好吗 |
[03:58] | – We’re okay, yeah. – Good. | -我们很好 -挺好 |
[03:59] | Okay. So, this one did not pan out. | 好吧 这次没成功 |
[04:04] | Yeah, I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[04:05] | She got cold feet. | 她临时改主意了 |
[04:07] | Was it, was it the gay thing again? | 又是因为同性恋的事吗 |
[04:09] | No, I don’t believe so. | 不 我觉得不是 |
[04:10] | Jesus, how hard can it be for two employed, | 天啊 俩有房有工作的 |
[04:13] | home-owning homosexuals to start a family? | 同性恋建立个家庭要有多难啊 |
[04:15] | I thought we would have quintuplets by now. | 我以为我们现在都能养五胞胎了 |
[04:18] | I-I do have one more idea. – Quintuplets? | -我还有个点子 -五胞胎 |
[04:19] | – Yeah. – It’s a long shot. | -对 -希望不大 |
[04:21] | She came into our office recently and liked your file. | 她近期来过我们办公室 喜欢你们的档案 |
[04:23] | But she’s a little… | 但她有点… |
[04:27] | Little what? | 什么 |
[04:28] | You know what? You should just meet her. | 你们还是直接见见她吧 |
[04:30] | How about Thursday? | 周四如何 |
[04:34] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好 -好 |
[04:41] | – Jesus. – Holy shit. | -天啊 -我去 |
[04:43] | – You ready for this? – This is it. | -你准备好了吗 -就是这里了 |
[04:55] | Are you Karla? | 你是卡拉吗 |
[04:56] | Yeah. Tobin and Andy, right? | 对 托宾和安迪吧 |
[04:58] | – Other way… – Oh. Sorry. | -倒过来 -抱歉 |
[04:59] | Tobin. Andy. | 托宾 安迪 |
[05:01] | – Oh, sit. Sorry. – Yeah. Yeah. | -坐吧 抱歉 -嗯 |
[05:09] | Feels like an interview. | 感觉好像面试 |
[05:11] | But who’s interviewing who? | 但是谁面试谁呢 |
[05:13] | Well, you should be interviewing us, I guess. | 应该是你面试我们 |
[05:15] | I mean, we’re the ones who want your baby. | 是我们想要你的宝宝 |
[05:18] | Right. | 是啊 |
[05:20] | Who are you? | 你们是什么人 |
[05:21] | – Who, me or him? – As a couple. | -我还是他 -作为伴侣 |
[05:23] | I don’t care about you as individuals. | 我不在乎你们单独是什么样 |
[05:25] | Who are you as a couple, and… | 你们作为伴侣是什么样 |
[05:26] | why are you the ones to take care of my baby boy? | 为什么是你们来照顾我的儿子 |
[05:28] | Or girl. I haven’t checked. Go. | 或是女儿 我没查过 说 |
[05:34] | Well, when we first met, at a party, | 好吧 我们在一场派对上认识 |
[05:37] | I was coming down with the flu. | 我当时要感冒了 |
[05:39] | I could feel it in my bones. | 我能感觉到 |
[05:41] | And I knew I should go home, but he was so interesting, | 我知道我该回家的 但他太有趣了 |
[05:44] | so we spent the entire night | 于是我们整晚 |
[05:46] | walking around the city until dawn | 都在城里散步 散到黎明 |
[05:49] | on the coldest night of the year. | 那是一年里最冷的一晚 |
[05:51] | The next day, my mom admits me into the hospital. | 第二天 我妈把我送进了医院 |
[05:53] | – I had double pneumonia. – Fuck. | -我得了双侧肺炎 -我去 |
[05:55] | And he didn’t know anything about this, | 他对此一无所知 |
[05:56] | because I lost his number on the way to the hospital. | 因为我去医院的路上弄丢了他的号码 |
[05:59] | So for three days of-of fever and hallucination, | 在三天的高烧和神志不清中 |
[06:02] | all I’m thinking is, “Oh, no, he’s gonna think | 我一直在想 “糟糕 他会以为 |
[06:05] | – that I don’t care.” – Right. | -我不上心” -嗯 |
[06:06] | Also, he’s, like, a decade older than me, | 而且他比我大十岁呢 |
[06:08] | so he’s punching above his weight. | 所以他是高攀了 |
[06:10] | But when I came to, he was there, | 但我醒来时 他也在 |
[06:13] | at my bedside. | 在我床边 |
[06:14] | Wait. | 等等 |
[06:16] | How did you know how to find him? | 你怎么找到他的 |
[06:18] | I got his number from the hostess of the party. | 我从派对女主人那里拿到了他的号码 |
[06:20] | I just had a sense that we’d gotten along so well, | 我觉得我们处得很愉快 |
[06:22] | there must be some reason for him not calling me. | 他不打给我肯定有原因 |
[06:25] | He was right. | 他是对的 |
[06:27] | That is so gay. | 好基啊 |
[06:29] | And so nice. | 好温馨 |
[06:31] | – Love is telepathic, right? – Yeah. | -爱是心电感应的 是吧 -对 |
[06:33] | I knew you guys were cool. | 我就知道你们会不错 |
[06:35] | Lovely. So now… | 太好了 那么 |
[06:36] | …can I get you all something? | 你们需要叫点什么吗 |
[06:38] | Uh, yeah. Uh, good idea. | 好的 好 |
[06:40] | Um, you want another coffee, Karla? | 要再来杯咖啡吗 卡拉 |
[06:41] | – Or what do you want? – Are you getting this or am I? | -你想点什么 -你们请还是我请 |
[06:44] | – Oh, us. Totally us. Yeah. – Oh, us. Us, us, us. | -我们 当然是我们 -我们 我们 |
[06:49] | I’ll have the lunch special, | 我要招牌午餐 |
[06:50] | a-and a Coke and another coffee. | 还有可乐 再来杯咖啡 |
[06:53] | And, uh, save me a banana split. | 给我留个香蕉圣代 |
[06:55] | Guys? | 你们呢 |
[06:56] | Uh, well, could we get two green teas? | 来两杯绿茶吧 |
[07:01] | So, uh, when are you due? | 你什么时候生 |
[07:06] | Eight months. | 八个月后 |
[07:07] | Is that okay? | 行吗 |
[07:08] | I mean, a newborn, is that what you were looking for? | 你们是想要新生儿吧 |
[07:09] | Oh, we don’t care. | 我们不在乎的 |
[07:10] | And how much involvement do you think you’d like? | 你想有多少的参与度 |
[07:12] | It’s hard to say. I travel a lot. | 不好说 我总到处走 |
[07:14] | But I come through New York twice a year, so… | 但我每年能来纽约两次 |
[07:17] | you know, maybe twice a year. | 或许每年见孩子两次吧 |
[07:19] | Okay. Uh, and what’s the traveling about? Work? | 行 你到处走是为了工作吗 |
[07:22] | No, I’m homeless. | 不 我是流浪者 |
[07:23] | Okay. Okay. | 好 |
[07:25] | – Okay, cool. – Awesome. | -好 行 -很棒 |
[07:28] | Oh, stop pretending that doesn’t throw you a little bit. | 别假装这没有让你们有点担心了 |
[07:30] | I mean, maybe… maybe a little bit. | 或许有点吧 |
[07:31] | – Yeah. Yeah. – Yes. Is-is it… | -是啊 -这是… |
[07:34] | Wait, so… so, who’s the father, Karla? | 等等 父亲是谁 卡拉 |
[07:36] | A guy I met on the street. | 在街头认识的一个人 |
[07:38] | Yeah, um, he’s a good man. | 他挺好的 |
[07:39] | Our paths cross every once in a while, | 我们偶尔会遇到 |
[07:41] | but, you know, ultimately not a match. | 但最终不怎么合适 |
[07:43] | He wants to settle down somewhere. Not me. | 他想找个地方安顿下来 我不想 |
[07:46] | – What do you think that’s about? – I don’t know. I mean, | -你觉得是因为什么 -我不知道 |
[07:48] | I don’t have any mental problems. | 我没有精神病 |
[07:50] | I’m just, um… | 我就是 |
[07:51] | I just don’t like being in one place for too long. | 我就是不想在一个地方待太久 |
[07:55] | Can I have a muffin? | 能来个玛芬蛋糕吗 |
[07:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:58] | Yeah, and, you know, I-I follow the sun. | 而且 我追随太阳 |
[08:00] | Oh, like a… like a James Taylor song. | 那就像首詹姆斯·泰勒的歌 |
[08:01] | And houses make me feel claustrophobic. | 房子让我觉得幽闭恐惧 |
[08:03] | I think they’re a trap we build for ourselves, like… | 我觉得那是人们给自己建的陷阱 |
[08:05] | like cars and smartphones. | 就像车和智能手机 |
[08:07] | Things we think make us smarter | 我们以为那些东西让我们变聪明了 |
[08:08] | but actually make us more dumb. | 但其实是让我们变蠢了 |
[08:10] | I think traveling, you see a new city every week, | 我觉得到处走 每周来到新的城市 |
[08:13] | you totally get to reconnect with the country | 你能重新了解这个国家 |
[08:15] | and the people that made it great. | 和让它伟大的人民 |
[08:17] | Instead of just watching it through a TV. | 而不是从电视里看 |
[08:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:22] | Can I borrow your spoon? | 可以借你的勺子吗 |
[08:24] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[08:28] | Let me… let me help you with that. | 我帮你拿吧 |
[08:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:31] | – Yeah. Whoa. – You okay? | -天啊 -你没事吧 |
[08:34] | Yep. What’s in here? | 没事 里面有什么 |
[08:35] | It’s just my world. | 我的全世界 |
[08:37] | Hello, darling. Hello, baby. | 你好 亲爱的 宝宝 |
[08:40] | I got you a little treat. | 我给带了好吃的 |
[08:40] | – Your dog? – This is. This is Homer. | -你的狗吗 -是的 这是霍马 |
[08:42] | He goes everywhere I go. | 我去哪它去哪 |
[08:44] | Yeah, is that good? | 好吃吗 |
[08:46] | Want to say hi? | 打个招呼吧 |
[08:47] | Homer, say hi. Say hi. | 霍马 打招呼 |
[08:51] | – So, are we doing this? – Wait-wait. | -我们成不成了 -等等 |
[08:53] | Don’t you want to know if we, like, own our apartment? | 你不想了解下我们是不是有公寓 |
[08:55] | Or-or-or, uh, how much we take home a year? | 或我们每年能挣多少钱吗 |
[08:58] | – What colleges we went to? – Are we on a contract? | -我们上的什么大学 -我们是否签了合同 |
[09:00] | – That’s a popular one. – No. | -这个经常有人问 -不 |
[09:02] | No, I don’t care about any of that stuff. | 我不在乎那些 |
[09:03] | I just want to see that you’re in love. | 我只想知道你们是相爱的 |
[09:05] | I think you are. | 我觉得你们是相爱的 |
[09:06] | Give me that. | 给我吧 |
[09:08] | Well, it’s not always happy families with us, | 我们也不总是开开心心 |
[09:10] | i-it frequently descends into, uh, | 经常会变成 |
[09:11] | Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? | 《灵欲春宵》 |
[09:13] | Sure. Okay, so I’m gonna go back to Trina, | 好 我要回崔娜那里 |
[09:15] | and say that I think I found a match, | 说我觉得我挑好了 |
[09:17] | and then, if we all agree to this, | 如果能达成一致 |
[09:18] | I’m gonna continue my travels for, like, the first two trimesters, | 我前六个月就继续到处走 |
[09:20] | and then come back to the city. | 然后再会城里来 |
[09:22] | Um, yeah, here’s my number. | 这是我的号码 |
[09:24] | Okay. Thank you so much. | 好的 非常感谢 |
[09:28] | It was a real experience meeting you. | 认识你真是不凡的经历 |
[09:30] | This is a really good thing. | 这样真的很好 |
[09:32] | You guys are good people, and my baby boy or girl | 你们是好人 我儿子 或女儿 |
[09:35] | would be privileged to be looked after by a couple like you. | 会很有幸能由你们这样一对伴侣养大 |
[09:40] | Yeah. Bye. Thanks for lunch. | 嗯 再见 谢谢你们请午餐 |
[09:42] | Come! | 来 |
[09:45] | Bye. | 再见 |
[09:49] | So is she good crazy or bad crazy? | 她是好的那种疯 还是坏的那种疯 |
[09:51] | I don’t know. I’m not sure she knows what she’s doing. | 我不知道 我不确定她心里有数 |
[09:53] | But you do know that we advocate for everything | 但你知道我们支持她说的 |
[09:56] | – she’s talking about? – Yeah. | -所有那些话吧 -知道 |
[09:57] | Capitalism gone crazy, fear, | 资本主义的疯狂发展 恐惧 |
[09:59] | – traps of our own making… – Right, I like that about her, | -我们自己设的陷阱 -我喜欢她的那些 |
[10:01] | but she’s taking it a little far, right? | 但她太过激了吧 |
[10:02] | What? By actually living it? | 怎么了 因为她说到做到了吗 |
[10:06] | – Yeah. Yeah, kind of. Yeah. – Okay… | -是啊 算是吧 -好吧 |
[10:08] | All right, come on, Kipper, take a shit already. | 拜托 吉普 快拉吧 |
[10:10] | Don’t put her under pressure, all right? | 别给它压力嘛 |
[10:12] | – It makes her nervous. – Okay, whatever… | -它会紧张的 -好吧 |
[10:13] | I’m just saying, we don’t know anything about this girl | 我就是说 我们对这姑娘一无所知 |
[10:15] | or-or what she’s going through. | 也不知道她现在的情况 |
[10:17] | How do we know that she won’t just– come on– | 我们怎么知道她不会…来 |
[10:19] | she won’t just change her mind when she sees the baby? | 她不会在看到宝宝后改主意 |
[10:21] | It just feels really intrusive. | 感觉好冒犯 |
[10:23] | Two creepy gays messing with some young kid’s pregnancy. | 俩变态基佬 插手一个年轻姑娘的孕事 |
[10:28] | Just… Let’s just leave it. | 我们…算了吧 |
[10:30] | Leave it alone. We’re not supposed to be parents. | 算了 我们就不该做家长 |
[10:32] | We’re not parents and that’s all right. | 我们不是当家长的料 没关系的 |
[10:33] | This is a gift, okay? | 这是天赐良机 |
[10:35] | It’s not some poor woman that’s been coerced | 又不是个受生活所迫的穷苦女人 |
[10:37] | by circumstance into having our child, | 不得不替我们生孩子 |
[10:39] | or bringing a new child into this fucking hellhole. | 也不是再把一个孩子带到这操蛋的世界上来 |
[10:42] | This is happening either way. Okay? | 这孩子无论如何也要出生 |
[10:44] | And we get to be there to catch it. | 而我们可以给TA个家 |
[10:46] | No, it just feels like a hell of a lot of time | 不 感觉是投入好多时间 |
[10:49] | to spend on something that may not even happen. | 到一件都可能不会发生的事上 |
[10:53] | And it’s a hell of a lot of disappointment, for us, | 而且这对我们也会是好大的失望 |
[10:56] | if she changes her mind. | 如果她改主意的话 |
[10:58] | And that’s perfect. | 那多棒 |
[11:00] | We get to live something that we actually believe. | 我们可以去实践我们相信的事 |
[11:04] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:06] | Hey, baby, my baby, my baby. | 亲爱的 |
[11:10] | – Yes, good girl! – Miracle! Good girl! | -真乖 -奇迹啊 真乖 |
[11:14] | Here you are. | 给你 |
[11:15] | Why is it always me that cleans up? | 为什么总是我来收拾 |
[11:16] | ‘Cause. It’s your dog. | 它是你的狗 |
[11:18] | – It’s our f– it’s our dog. – Okay, it’s our dog, | -是我们的狗 -好吧 我们的狗 |
[11:21] | – but it’s your shit. – It’s our shit. | -但是你的屎 -我们的屎 |
[11:22] | – It’s not our shit. Aw… – Our shit. Good girl. | -不是我们的屎 -我们的屎 真乖 |
[11:25] | – Okay. Okay. – Thank you, honey. | -好 -谢谢 亲爱的 |
[11:26] | – Can you open the gate, please? – I can open the gate. | -请打开大门 -我可以开门 |
[11:28] | – Thank you so much. – Why do you have an attitude? | -非常感谢 -什么态度啊你 |
[11:29] | – I really appreciate that… – You don’t need to have an attitude. | -我很感谢 -你没必要耍小脾气 |
[11:30] | I don’t have an attitude. | 我才没有 |
[11:31] | – I’m just asking very simply. – I feel like you got… | -我只是提出了个请求 -我觉得你 |
[11:33] | Considering I’ve got shit in my hand, | 我手里拿着屎呢 |
[11:34] | – I would not be talking to me… – It’s your dog. | -你最好别跟我… -那是你的狗 |
[11:36] | – …in an abrasive manner. – You can have shit in your hand. | -说话那么冲 -你就该拿它的屎 |
[11:38] | – Thank you. – Okay, honey. You know what? | -谢谢 -好吧 亲爱的 知道吗 |
[11:39] | It’s fine, I want to watch Fargo. Is that okay? | 好吧 我去看《冰血暴》了 好吗 |
[11:41] | – You can watch whatever you want. – Okay. Thank you. | -你想看什么随你 -谢谢 |
[11:43] | Oh, come on, are you– are you– are you, like, four years old? | 拜托 你是四岁小孩吗 |
[11:55] | Welcome! | 欢迎 |
[11:57] | Oh, both of you! | 你俩都来了 |
[12:01] | Three of you. Jesus Christ. | 是三个人 老天 |
[12:02] | – Look at you. – Come in. | -看看你 -来吧 |
[12:04] | You beat the rain. You know, a big summer storm is due. | 你赶在夏季暴雨前来了 |
[12:06] | – I got that. I got– Oh! – Thanks. | -给我吧 -谢谢 |
[12:08] | – You okay? – Uh, yeah, sorry, I just grabbed it… | -你没事吧 -抱歉 我一拿… |
[12:10] | – Yeah, thank you. – You okay? | -谢谢 -你没事吧 |
[12:11] | Homer! Bad dog! | 霍马 坏狗狗 |
[12:15] | Your dog seems a little threatened by Homer. | 你们的狗似乎被霍马吓到了 |
[12:18] | He can get very territorial. | 它很能抢地盘 |
[12:20] | A territorial dog with no territory. | 没有地盘的抢地盘的狗 |
[12:22] | He makes everywhere his territory. | 他把所有地方都当做自己的地盘 |
[12:24] | Homer! Hit the deck. | 霍马 趴下 |
[12:29] | So, thanks for this, guys. I love your apartment. | 谢谢你们让我来 我喜欢你们的公寓 |
[12:32] | – I’m-I’m really excited to stay. – Oh, you’re staying? | -我真的很高兴能住下 -你要住下 |
[12:34] | – In-in-in New York? – Of course she is. | -住在纽约吗 -当然了 |
[12:38] | She’s staying with us. | 她要跟我们住 |
[12:42] | Cool. Great. | 好啊 好 |
[12:44] | Is that okay? Have you guys discussed that? | 这样行吗 你们谈过吧 |
[12:45] | – We’re discussing it right now. – No. | -我们这就谈 -没 |
[12:46] | – It’s a live discussion. – It’s okay. | -实时谈 -没事的 |
[12:48] | It’s great. And you’re only a couple of weeks out, right? | 这很好 就差几周了 是吧 |
[12:50] | – You’re gonna pop any day, huh? – I’m eight weeks out. | -你随时要生了 -我还有八周 |
[12:53] | Eight weeks. Eight weeks. | 八周 |
[12:55] | – Great. – We are happy to have you. | -好 -我们很高兴你能来 |
[12:58] | It just makes us feel involved. | 让我们很有参与感 |
[12:59] | Yeah. Andy has been preparing for parenthood like crazy. | 对 而且他一直在拼命为当爸做准备 |
[13:05] | So I’ve, um, I’ve turned Tobin’s study into a baby room, | 我把托宾的书房变成了婴儿房 |
[13:08] | and I’ve painted it half blue, half pink, you know, | 漆成了半蓝半粉的 |
[13:10] | covering both bases… | 两边都照顾到 |
[13:11] | Not that we want to impose our gender stereotypes, God forbid. | 我们绝不是想把我们的性别刻板印象施加给孩子 |
[13:15] | Let me ask you a question. | 我问你个问题 |
[13:16] | – Oh, great. Yup, go. – Baby quiz, you ready? | -好 问吧 -婴儿小考 准备好了吗 |
[13:18] | – Baby quiz. – Yeah… | -婴儿小考 -对 |
[13:19] | Yeah. That’s true. You’re hearing it right. | 没错 你没听错 |
[13:21] | Yeah, so what does it mean when the baby’s poo is green? | 宝宝拉绿屎意味着什么 |
[13:25] | Pass. I don’t know. | 过 我不知道 |
[13:26] | Pass? What do you mean, “Pass”? | 过 什么叫”过” |
[13:28] | – Pass. I don’t know. – Means the baby is sick. | -过 我不知道 -意味着宝宝病了 |
[13:29] | Why don’t we just find that out? | 我们还是到时看吧 |
[13:30] | You want us to just find out… | 你想要到时… |
[13:33] | – You all right? – Oh, my… | -你没事吧 -天啊 |
[13:34] | Yeah. So where’s my room? | 没事 我的房间在哪 |
[13:39] | You’re in it. | 这里就是 |
[13:44] | Sweet. | 好啊 |
[13:58] | Welcome home, dear. | 欢迎回家 亲爱的 |
[14:00] | What time do you call this? Gallivanting in some bar, huh, | 这都几点了 去酒吧逍遥 |
[14:03] | while I’m slaving over a hot stove! | 我却在热灶台上忙活 |
[14:06] | Nice look. | 造型不错 |
[14:07] | It’s so hot in here. | 这里热死了 |
[14:08] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[14:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:10] | – You look fucking beautiful. – Thank you, Andy. | -你太美了 -谢谢 安迪 |
[14:14] | You know, if you want to just, uh, throw your– sorry– | 如果你把你的衣服 |
[14:16] | your– throw your, th-throw your clothes in a bag, | 丢进袋子里 |
[14:18] | I can include them in my next laundry run. | 我可以下次带上一起洗 |
[14:20] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[14:21] | Um, because a-a lot of people do that? | 因为很多人都那么做 |
[14:23] | Why would I waste money on a laundromat | 我为什么要把钱浪费在洗衣服上 |
[14:24] | when I can wash my clothes in the bath | 我明明可以在浴室里洗衣服 |
[14:26] | and then dry them here? | 然后在这里晾干 |
[14:28] | Just an idea. Crazy idea. | 就是提一句 疯狂的点子 |
[14:29] | So I cooked a prawn bhuna. It’s been a while, | 我做了咖喱虾 好久没做了 |
[14:32] | but I think I got the recipe right… ish. | 但菜谱应该没错…吧 |
[14:34] | You didn’t have any coconut milk, so I used tap water. | 你们没有椰奶 我就用了自来水 |
[14:36] | Oh, and I couldn’t afford prawns, | 我也买不起虾 |
[14:37] | so it’s little tuna bits instead. You hungry? | 就用了金枪鱼碎 饿了吗 |
[14:45] | I just don’t understand how you guys | 我真不懂你们怎么 |
[14:46] | can keep going out to restaurants, like, every night. | 每晚都去餐馆吃饭 |
[14:48] | Because we can’t cook, that’s why. | 因为我们不会做饭 |
[14:50] | – I cook for you all the time… – No, no, honey, honey, honey. | -我经常给你做饭 -不 亲爱的 |
[14:52] | You prepare food for me, that’s what you do. We can’t cook. | 你为我准备食物 但那不叫烹饪 |
[14:55] | Cooking– cooking is an art. | 烹饪是门艺术 |
[14:56] | It’s an art that we have yet to master. All right? | 那是我们还没掌握的艺术 好吧 |
[14:59] | – Is that fair? – Well, you should learn. You should learn. | -行吗 -你们该学学 |
[15:01] | You could save so much money by cooking at home. | 在家做饭很省钱的 |
[15:03] | This is a ridiculous, inexcusable waste. | 这样太浪费了 没道理 |
[15:07] | – Yeah. – You should take a home economics course | -是啊 -你该上门家政课 |
[15:08] | and learn the basics. | 学点基础知识 |
[15:10] | Yeah, I want a full fridge and freezer, | 我要一个装满了的冰箱和冷冻库 |
[15:12] | and a roster of good, nourishing meals. | 还有写满美味营养餐点的菜谱册 |
[15:14] | You can’t take a screaming baby out to restaurants every night. | 你们不能每晚带着哭闹的宝宝去餐馆 |
[15:16] | You– It pisses people off. | 会惹别人生气的 |
[15:18] | You know what else pisses people off? Pregnant women who drink. | 知道还有什么让人生气吗 孕妇喝酒 |
[15:22] | – Oh, come on… – Wine. What? | -拜托 -红酒 怎么了 |
[15:24] | Are you joking? Are you joking? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[15:26] | I have given up everything for this kid. | 我为这个孩子放弃了一切 |
[15:29] | I don’t smoke, I don’t smoke weed, I don’t have spicy food. | 我不抽烟 大麻 不吃辣的东西 |
[15:58] | Hey, girl. Come on. | 姑娘 来 |
[16:00] | Where are you? Good girl, you ready? | 你在哪呢 真乖 准备好了吗 |
[16:02] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[16:07] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[16:10] | Are you panting? | 你在喘粗气吗 |
[16:14] | What’s up, huh? | 怎么了 |
[16:22] | Good girl. Good girl. | 真乖 |
[16:31] | I thought you said your dog was neutered, Karla. | 我以为你说你的狗阉过了 卡拉 |
[16:32] | I honestly didn’t hear you, I thought you said “tutored.” | 我真没听到你说什么 我以为你说”教育过” |
[16:36] | In what way was your dog tutored? | 你的狗怎么教育过 |
[16:38] | He had some behavioral issues, | 他之前有行为问题 |
[16:39] | so he did some classes with a dog whisperer. | 就跟个狗语者上了些课 |
[16:43] | Well, thanks, Karla. | 谢了 卡拉 |
[16:43] | He may have scarred our dog for life. | 他可能让我们的狗有永远的阴影了 |
[16:45] | Oh, stop it. You’re being dramatic. | 得了 别那么夸张 |
[16:47] | You give her the pills, it goes away; it’s fine, honey. | 给它服药 就没事了 亲爱的 |
[16:49] | Maybe, but this is my day off. | 或许吧 但今天我休假 |
[16:50] | I’m supposed to be having a leisurely breakfast, | 我本该放松地在家吃早餐 |
[16:52] | and now I’m performing a home-abortion. | 但现在我要在家给狗堕胎了 |
[16:55] | You know, it just doesn’t make sense. | 这都没道理 |
[16:57] | How could Kipper even accommodate your dog’s penis? | 吉普怎么能塞得下你狗狗的老二 |
[17:12] | What? Andy. | 怎么了 安迪 |
[17:14] | – Andy, wake up. Wake up. – What? What? What? What? What? | -安迪 醒醒 -怎么了 |
[17:17] | Voices. Listen, there’s voices. | 有声音 听 |
[17:19] | – Where? I’m asleep. – I hear voices. | -哪里 我都睡了 -我听到声音了 |
[17:20] | – What? I’m asleep. – In the living room. | -怎么 我在睡觉 -在客厅里 |
[17:22] | – Listen. Get up. – No. | -听 起来 -不 |
[17:24] | – Get up. – Take Kipper. | -起来 -带吉普去 |
[17:26] | I don’t want to go. | 我不想去 |
[17:27] | It was smeared across my skin, | 抹在我皮肤上 |
[17:30] | – with this ugly face… – Like, like Alien? | -画了张丑脸 -像《异形》吗 |
[17:33] | Like, yeah, like… | 对 |
[17:34] | – Like Sigourney Weaver? – Like Sigourney Weaver. | -像西格妮·韦弗吗 -对 |
[17:36] | – I like Sigourney Weaver. – You do? | -我可喜欢她了 -是吗 |
[17:37] | – Have you seen Avatar? – A long time ago. | -你看过《阿凡达》吗 -好久以前了 |
[17:40] | Oh, shit. Sorry. Oh, my God, did we wake you? | 该死 抱歉 我们吵醒你们了吗 |
[17:42] | – What the hell, Karla? – Who is this? | -搞什么 卡拉 -这是谁 |
[17:45] | I’m so sorry if we were being loud. | 如果我们太吵了那很抱歉 |
[17:46] | This is, um– fuck, what’s your name? | 这是…该死 你叫什么来着 |
[17:48] | – Mick. – Mick. | -米克 -米克 |
[17:49] | – Where did he come from? – He’s on the street. | -他哪来的 -他住街头 |
[17:51] | We passed him on the way back from the movies tonight. | 我们今晚看电影回来时路过了他 |
[17:53] | – Don’t remember that. – Exactly. | -不记得了 -是啊 |
[17:55] | So I offered him some food. It’s a thing we do. | 我就提出给他吃的 我们会这么做 |
[17:57] | I’ve got a roof over my head for a while. | 反正我这一阵有地方住 |
[17:58] | It’s cold out. Is that okay? | 外面又冷 可以吗 |
[18:01] | No. It’s not. It’s not okay, frankly. | 不 这不可以 |
[18:04] | – Why? – Do you know what, I-I get it. | -为什么 -我理解的 |
[18:06] | If I had a nice gaff like this, | 如果我有这么好的地方 |
[18:07] | I wouldn’t be letting random blokes in, either. | 我也不会随便放人进来 |
[18:09] | You should have just asked, run it by us first, | 你该问一句 先问问我们 |
[18:12] | – but it’s-it’s fine. It’s… – It’s not. You know what? | -但可以的 -不可以 |
[18:14] | It’s not fine. We’re putting up with you staying here. | 这不可以 我们忍受你住这里 |
[18:16] | That doesn’t mean anyone you choose to bring home. | 那不代表你可以随便带人回来 |
[18:18] | “Putting up” with me? | “忍受”我 |
[18:20] | I didn’t realize that was the way you looked at it. | 我不知道你是这么想的 |
[18:22] | – He doesn’t mean it like that. – Don’t I? | -他不是那个意思 -是吗 |
[18:24] | Do you know what, lads, | 这样吧 |
[18:25] | you guys have some serious issues you need to work out, | 你们看来有大问题要解决 |
[18:27] | so I’m just gonna… | 我还是 |
[18:28] | No! No, Mick. While I’m staying here, | 不 米克 我住这里的话 |
[18:30] | any friend of mine is welcome to come in | 我的朋友就可以来这里 |
[18:31] | and share my good fortune, so you just… | 分享我的好运 所以你… |
[18:32] | you just stay right here. | 就待在这里 |
[18:34] | I was actually just gonna go… toilet, | 我其实是想去…厕所 |
[18:36] | if that’s all right? | 可以吗 |
[18:38] | It’s on the right. | 在右手边 |
[18:40] | – Oh, okay, sorry. – He’s not a friend of yours. | -好吧 抱歉 -他不是你的朋友 |
[18:42] | He’s a stranger. And this is our apartment, | 他是个陌生人 而这是我们的公寓 |
[18:44] | in which you are a guest, | 你是这里的客人 |
[18:46] | and that doesn’t extend to any random guy | 这不代表你在街上随便遇到的人 |
[18:48] | you just meet on the street. | 也都可以来做客 |
[18:49] | So that’s how it is with you, Tobin? | 你就是这样吗 托宾 |
[18:51] | All gay and liberal and laid-back | 同性恋 自由派 随和 |
[18:53] | until you actually have to give something up? | 直到你真需要付出什么 |
[18:54] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. That’s not what this is about. | 不是 不是这么回事 |
[18:57] | And what does my sexuality have to do with anything? | 而且我的性向跟这有什么关系 |
[18:59] | That sounds like homophobia to me. | 我觉得这是恐同 |
[19:01] | Anybody would be on my side on this. | 任何人都会站我这边的 |
[19:02] | Is Andy? Are you, Andy, on his side? | 安迪呢 你 安迪 你站他吗 |
[19:04] | – I am staying out of this, okay? – Oh, great, thank you. | -我不想插手 -好啊 谢谢 |
[19:06] | Thank you for that. Welcome back. | 多谢了 欢迎回来 |
[19:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:11] | Is this the first guy you’ve brought home here? | 这是你带回来的第一个人吗 |
[19:13] | – First British guy. – Oh, Jesus Christ, | -第一个英国人 -老天爷啊 |
[19:14] | I didn’t know we were running a shelter. | 我不知道我们在开庇护所 |
[19:16] | – You are so uptight. – I’m not uptight! | -你好刻板 -我才不刻板 |
[19:18] | This place stinks of incense! | 这地方一股熏香味儿 |
[19:20] | There’s-there’s prawn bhuna on the… on the carpet. | 地毯沾了咖喱虾 |
[19:23] | It’s everywhere you… touch! | 你摸的每个地方都有 |
[19:25] | You’ve turned my living room into a… into a-a bedouin camp. | 你把我的起居室变成了贝多因营地 |
[19:28] | You’ve forced me into a dog abortion. | 还逼我不得不给狗做堕胎 |
[19:29] | And now you’re smoking skunk and drinking while pregnant | 现在你又不顾怀孕抽大麻喝酒 |
[19:33] | and having sex, probably, with Mick the stranger on my couch! | 可能还跟陌生人米克在我的沙发上做了爱 |
[19:37] | Did you say you did a dog abortion? | 你说你给狗做了堕胎吗 |
[19:39] | Oh, stay out of this, Mick. You’re just here for a hot meal. | 你少插嘴 米克 你只是个来吃顿热饭的 |
[19:43] | Do you know what, right? | 知道吗 好吧 |
[19:44] | Do you know what? I get it. Right? | 知道吗 我懂的 |
[19:47] | But you should try some of her food, | 但你该尝尝她做的食物 |
[19:49] | ’cause you might learn something. | 你还能学到点东西呢 |
[19:52] | Thanks, Mick. | 谢了 米克 |
[19:54] | See you soon. | 回见 |
[19:59] | You know what? You know what, Tobin? | 知道吗 托宾 |
[20:01] | You are an insufferable bore. You really are. | 你真无聊得让人难以忍受 真的 |
[20:05] | You claim you’re interested in other people | 你说你对其他人感兴趣 |
[20:06] | with your documentaries, | 看你的纪录片什么的 |
[20:07] | but there is no evidence in your life whatsoever | 但你生活中根本没有任何证据 |
[20:09] | of you caring about anyone but yourself. | 表明你在乎自己之外的人 |
[20:11] | You read The New York Times, | 你读《纽约时报》 |
[20:12] | and you bitch about Trump, but you mean none of it. | 你抱怨特朗普 但你完全不是真心的 |
[20:14] | You’re not interested in your community. | 你并不对你的社区感兴趣 |
[20:16] | You just like the idea of it. | 你只是喜欢有个社区 |
[20:17] | You’re just a… y-you’re a hipster liberal! | 你是个…赶时髦的自由派 |
[20:20] | And you contribute to the community how? | 你又怎么为社区做贡献了 |
[20:21] | By living off the generosity of other people? | 靠依赖他人的慷慨吗 |
[20:23] | What do you do for other people? | 你又为其他人做什么 |
[20:26] | You’re a world of one! | 你就是一人世界 |
[20:28] | Oh, fuck you! | 去你的 |
[20:30] | Can’t even take care of your own baby. | 都无法照顾你自己的孩子 |
[20:34] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[20:51] | Karla? Karla?! | 卡拉 卡拉 |
[20:56] | Karla? | 卡拉 |
[21:14] | Karla?! | 卡拉 |
[22:13] | I’m sorry I said that. Such an idiotic thing to say. | 对不起我说了那些话 太蠢了 |
[22:15] | – I’m ashamed. – Oh, fuck it, Tobin, it’s fine. | -我很羞愧 -得了 托宾 没事的 |
[22:18] | We don’t have to agree on anything. | 我们不需要达成什么一致 |
[22:19] | Our lives are a world apart. | 我们的生活天差地别 |
[22:21] | That may be right, but I… | 或许是吧 但我… |
[22:22] | but I-I shouldn’t have said that shit. | 但我不该说那种话的 |
[22:24] | You’re welcome here, you know? | 我们欢迎你 |
[22:27] | It’s just… | 就是… |
[22:29] | it’s hard for me. | 这对我很难 |
[22:33] | You’re probably right, i’ve never contributed much to anything. | 你可能是对的 我这辈子并没做过什么贡献 |
[22:38] | In L.A., I just got so sick of the money and… | 在洛杉矶 我受够了金钱世界 |
[22:41] | and the waste next to the poverty and the suffering | 浪费和贫穷与痛苦并存 |
[22:43] | and-and the fucking cars puking out this shit. | 还有汽车污染 |
[22:47] | I thought if I don’t… if I don’t change the way I live, | 我觉得如果我不改变生活方式 |
[22:49] | I’m gonna be the biggest hypocrite alive. | 我就是最大的伪君子 |
[22:51] | – Well, that’s admirable. – Yeah, I thought it was. | -这很可敬 -我本以为是 |
[22:55] | “Be the change you want to see” and all that. | “成为你想看到的改变” |
[22:57] | But then I realized, no one is seeing this. | 但然后我意识到 没人看到我 |
[22:58] | No one gives a shit. I don’t blog. | 没人在乎 我又不发播客 |
[23:01] | I-I don’t have kids to be an example to. | 我没有孩子可给他们做榜样 |
[23:02] | I’m invisible, like all these homeless people in the park. | 没人看到我 就像所有这些公园里的流浪汉 |
[23:05] | Well, you do contribute, you know? | 你有贡献的 |
[23:07] | You’re-you’re-you’re… interesting, | 你是个有趣的人 |
[23:09] | and you’re… and you’re troubled | 你有烦恼 |
[23:10] | and you’re-you’re honest. | 你很真诚 |
[23:12] | You know, actually, I’ve really… | 其实 我真的… |
[23:13] | I’ve enjoyed coming home to see you in the evenings, | 我很喜欢晚上回家能看到你 |
[23:15] | despite how it comes across, you know? | 尽管其他种种 |
[23:17] | I never know… what to expect with you. | 我不知道你会给我什么惊喜 |
[23:20] | That’s good. That’s good for me. | 这是好事 对我是好事 |
[23:32] | The truth is, I’m terrified of this. | 事实上 我好害怕 |
[23:36] | I don’t know if I’m ready. | 我不知道我是否准备好了 |
[23:38] | I’m so… | 我好… |
[23:40] | anal and-and neurotic. | 混蛋 神经质 |
[23:42] | I can barely stand anybody in my house, never mind a baby. | 我受不了家里来任何人 更别提个小宝宝了 |
[23:47] | A baby? I don’t know, I don’t know. | 小宝宝 我说不好 |
[23:52] | You better make up your mind, Tobin. | 你最好打定主意 托宾 |
[24:00] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[24:03] | Yeah? | 好吗 |
[24:06] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[24:12] | She’s so tough | 她好强势 |
[24:13] | and-and-and resilient and… | 坚强 |
[24:15] | But, you know, she lives how she feels. | 她追随自己的感觉生活 |
[24:18] | Well, I think ’cause she genuinely believes it, | 那是因为她真心相信 |
[24:19] | and she couldn’t live any other way. | 她不能以别的方式生活 |
[24:22] | That’s ballsy, and that’s what you want in a kid, isn’t it? | 那很大胆 你也希望孩子如此吧 |
[24:24] | Yeah. Let’s hope that part’s in the genes. | 是啊 希望孩子能继承这个 |
[24:26] | – Mm, just not the cooking. – Jesus. No, not the cooking. | -厨艺就算了 -天啊 千万别 |
[24:30] | – All right. – All right. | -好 -好 |
[24:31] | I think sex with Mick might have induced me. | 跟米克做爱可能催产了 |
[24:35] | What? | 什么 |
[24:37] | Seriously, I think it’s gonna happen early. | 真的 可能要提前来了 |
[24:39] | – Okay, all right. – Okay. Let’s go. | -好 -好 我们走 |
[24:41] | – All right. – Okay, are you all right? | -好 -你没事吧 |
[24:42] | – I know what to do. Bag. – Okay, that’s all right. | -我知道该做什么 拿包 -好的 |
[24:44] | – Okay. – I got the bag. | -好 -我拿包了 |
[24:46] | – Do you have a bag? Do you? – I have a bag, yeah. | -你有包吗 -我有 |
[24:47] | – You have a bag. Is it… – I’ll get the bag. | -你有包 -我拿包 |
[24:48] | – Where is it? – You just look out here! | -在哪 -你小心点 |
[24:49] | – Okay, okay. – We have to put some clothes on… | -好 -我们得穿点衣服 |
[24:51] | I’ll put it on when I get out on the street. | 我上街再穿 |
[24:53] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[24:54] | I… | 我… |
[24:58] | – All right… – Get a cab. | -好了 -叫辆车 |
[24:59] | – Okay. – Get-get a cab. | -好 -叫辆车 |
[25:01] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[25:03] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[25:05] | All right. | 好 |
[25:06] | – Thank you. – You get on this side. Come on. | -谢谢 -这边上 来 |
[25:08] | Okay, these contractions are right on top of each other. | 好 宫缩很频繁了 |
[25:12] | This is your last chance for an epidural, Karla. | 这是打硬膜外麻醉的最后机会了 卡拉 |
[25:14] | Are you sure you don’t want me to call the anesthesiologist? | 你确定不要我叫麻醉师来吗 |
[25:16] | No, I’m okay. Let’s just keep going. | 不用 我们继续 |
[25:18] | Are you sure? I don’t get it. It’s just medicine. | 你当然吗 我不懂 就是药物而已 |
[25:20] | You take antibiotics, | 你用抗生素 |
[25:22] | don’t you, when you… when you’re sick, | 不是吗 你生病时 |
[25:23] | or penicillin, or aspirin when you get a headache? | 或是盘尼西林 头疼时吃阿司匹林 |
[25:25] | – Come on. – Because I want to experience it! | -拜托 -因为我想体验它 |
[25:27] | I want to feel it! Fuck! Jesus fucking Christ! | 我想感觉到 老天爷啊 |
[25:30] | I don’t want to talk about it, I just want to do it! | 我不想谈了 我就想这么做 |
[25:32] | All right, all right, all right, all right. | 好好好 |
[25:34] | Okay. Okay. Okay, you got this. | 好 你行的 |
[25:38] | Nine centimeters dilated. | 扩张九厘米了 |
[25:40] | Sir, do you need a glass of water? | 先生 你需要杯水吗 |
[25:42] | No. No, no, I’m fine. I’m really good. | 不用 我很好 我没事 |
[25:45] | Sir, please do not faint in my delivery suite. | 先生 请不要在我的接生房里晕倒 |
[25:47] | If you feel woozy, step outside. Okay? | 如果你觉得晕 请出去 好吗 |
[25:49] | Both of you, please. | 你们都是 |
[25:50] | You know, maybe I w– I’m, I’ll get some air. | 我去喘口气吧 |
[25:52] | I’m-a get– I’ll get air. You guys got this. | 我去喘口气 你们行的 |
[25:55] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. We got it, yeah, we’ll see you later. | 嗯 我们行的 回见了 |
[25:57] | – Okay. – Do you want to go, too? | -好 -你也要走吗 |
[25:58] | No. No. No. I’m not going anywhere. | 不 我哪都不去 |
[26:01] | Oh, fuck! | 该死 |
[26:05] | Tobin, stop. | 托宾 停下 |
[26:06] | Okay, sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[26:08] | – Tobin, you’re still doing it. – Sorry, right… | -托宾 你还在喘气 -好吧 抱歉 |
[26:09] | – It’s really, really annoying. – Yeah, yeah. I’ll stop. | -真的好烦人 -我不喘了 |
[26:10] | – I can’t concentrate. – All right, okay, got it… | -我需要专心 -好的 |
[26:13] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[26:15] | Tobin, just move your fucking head away! | 托宾 把脑袋转过去 |
[26:16] | Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. | 好的 |
[26:17] | Good, Karla, you’re doing so great. | 卡拉 你做得很棒 |
[26:18] | Looking good. Okay, there’s a head. | 很好 头出来了 |
[26:21] | – Do you want to look at this? – Yeah. | -你想看吗 -好 |
[26:22] | Okay, Karla, great. Great, great, great, great, great. | 好 卡拉 很棒 |
[26:25] | You can do this, you can absolutely do this. | 你可以的 你绝对可以的 |
[26:26] | I want you to give me a big push, come on. | 使劲用力 来 |
[26:28] | Take a deep breath and give me a good push, okay? | 深呼吸 使劲用力 好吗 |
[26:31] | There you go, keep going, | 这就对了 继续 |
[26:33] | keep going, keep going, you got it, you got it, | 继续 你可以的 |
[26:35] | you got it, you got it, you got it! | 你可以的 |
[26:36] | – Great, great, great. Keep going. – Oh, God! | -很好 继续 -天啊 |
[26:39] | Okay, great! Great, great. | 很好 |
[26:42] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[26:44] | Well done, Karla. Good job. | 好样的 卡拉 |
[26:48] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[26:55] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[27:09] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[27:11] | Girl. | 女孩 |
[27:12] | A girl? A girl? | 女孩 |
[27:16] | Oh, that’s fantastic. And she’s good? | 太棒了 她好吗 |
[27:18] | – Oh, she’s beautiful. – Five fingers, five toes, | -她可美了 -五根手指 五根脚趾 |
[27:19] | – all beautiful, all perfect? – All that, all that, yeah. | -都很美 都很完美吗 -对对 |
[27:21] | Oh, my goodness. I can’t believe this is happening. | 天啊 真不敢相信 |
[27:23] | – Oh, my God. Right. – This is happening. | -天啊 -这是真的 |
[27:25] | We’re dads. | 我们是爸爸了 |
[27:36] | They’re just monitoring her for 24 hours and then she’ll be out. | 他们要监控她24小时 然后就能出院 |
[27:39] | We can all start taking care of her. | 我们可以一起开始照顾她了 |
[27:41] | – You were amazing. – Thank you. | -你好棒 -谢谢 |
[27:43] | Like… amazing. | 真的好棒 |
[27:48] | How’s Andy? | 安迪怎么样了 |
[27:49] | We’re giving him liquids, you know. He’s stable. | 我们给他输液了 他情况稳定 |
[27:53] | Funny. | 有趣 |
[27:54] | I thought you’d be the fainter. | 我以为昏的会是你 |
[27:56] | – Yeah, so did I. – But you weren’t. | -我也以为 -但你没昏 |
[28:00] | You stayed there and held my hand | 你留下了 握着我的手 |
[28:03] | and helped clean up the blood and cut the cord. | 还帮忙清理了血迹 剪了脐带 |
[28:07] | It was so amazing, seeing her head emerge, and… | 感觉太棒了 看到她的脑袋出来 |
[28:11] | And I like that I was the first guy to see her. | 我喜欢我是第一个看到她的男人 |
[28:16] | I-I can’t wait to hold her. What was it like? | 我等不及抱抱她了 那什么感觉 |
[28:19] | It was beautiful. | 好美妙 |
[28:21] | Can you take that hat off your head? | 你能摘掉你的帽子吗 |
[28:23] | – You look ridiculous. – I’m sorry. | -你好滑稽 -抱歉 |
[28:27] | But yeah, it was beautiful. | 但那真的好美妙 |
[28:31] | So have you thought about reconsidering the whole thing, | 你看到她之后 |
[28:33] | since seeing her? | 想改主意吗 |
[28:34] | Why, are you getting cold feet? | 怎么 你退缩了吗 |
[28:36] | No. No, the opposite. | 不 恰恰相反 |
[28:39] | I want it now. I love her now. | 我现在好想要她 我爱她了 |
[28:42] | Just like that, so I can’t imagine how you must be feeling. | 就这样 我无法想象你的感受 |
[28:46] | I’m just saying, if-if you’ve changed your mind, | 我就是说 如果你改主意了 |
[28:49] | that is… i-is, I totally get it. | 我也完全能理解 |
[28:52] | We’re just happy to, to get you here, you know? | 我们很高兴能跟你走到这一步 |
[28:58] | Yeah. Well, um… | 嗯 |
[29:02] | that’s nice of you to offer. | 谢谢你的提议 |
[29:06] | Yeah, I mean… | 我… |
[29:09] | Mine is a world of one. You were right about that. | 我是一人世界 你说对了 |
[29:14] | I do have issues. | 我是有问题 |
[29:16] | I will smoke skunk and sleep with guys I don’t know. | 我会抽大麻 跟我不认识的人上床 |
[29:19] | And I just don’t know how to say no. | 我不知该如何拒绝别人 |
[29:22] | I never have. If something comes my way, I just let it happen. | 我一向如此 我遇到什么 就会听之任之 |
[29:26] | And I love the road, I feel safe there, but… | 我也喜欢到处走 让我觉得安全 |
[29:29] | it’s no place for a kid. | 但那不适合孩子 |
[29:32] | And maybe being a mother will change me, but… | 或许做妈妈能改变我 但是 |
[29:39] | I can’t take that risk with her if it doesn’t. | 如果不能 我不能拿她冒险 |
[29:44] | I’ve been irresponsible my whole life. | 我这辈子一直很不负责 |
[29:45] | This is the first responsible thing that I’ve done. | 这是我做的第一件负责的事 |
[29:52] | You know, I can’t, I can’t stand being around people | 我受不了跟人相处 |
[29:54] | for more than a few days, but… | 超过几天 但是 |
[29:59] | I forgot about that for the last few weeks… | 我这几周来 忘记了这点 |
[30:04] | …’cause you guys are the most amazing people in the world. | 因为你们真是世界上最棒的人了 |
[30:07] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[30:10] | You guys are gonna be the best parents ever. | 你们将成为世上最棒的家长 |
[30:15] | Well… we’ll try. | 我们会努力的 |
[30:22] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[30:26] | Stop. | 行了 |
[30:28] | My God… | 天啊 |
[31:14] | I want to tell you a story about your mom. | 我想给你讲个关于你妈的故事 |
[31:17] | And I’ll tell you now, when you can’t talk back, | 我要现在趁你还不能还嘴时告诉你 |
[31:21] | and you’re not all… teenage and entitled, | 你还不是自以为是的青少年 |
[31:26] | and in case you don’t get to see her | 以防你将来不能如愿 |
[31:28] | as much as you want in life. | 经常见到她 |
[31:33] | Which would be a shame, because, I am telling you now, | 那就太可惜了 因为相信我 |
[31:37] | she is fucking… awesome. | 她真的好赞 |
[31:43] | She carried you like a trooper, | 她怀你时特别坚强 |
[31:45] | and she gave birth to you without one moment of fear. | 她毫不畏惧地生下了你 |
[31:53] | I know, um, you’re gonna ask me about why-why she’s not around. | 我知道你会问我她为什么不在你身边 |
[32:00] | A long time ago, before there were cities, | 很久以前 在有城市之前 |
[32:03] | human beings used to constantly move. | 人类是经常四处游走的 |
[32:07] | They were hunter-gatherers, and their lives were tough, | 他们狩猎 收集 他们的生活很艰辛 |
[32:10] | and-and relentless, but they were also kind of free. | 有无尽的苦难 但他们也很自由 |
[32:15] | Well, your mom is, | 你妈妈 |
[32:17] | is kind of like, like a hunter-gatherer, | 就像个狩猎收集者 |
[32:21] | but a little bit born in the wrong time. | 但有点生错了时代 |
[32:25] | So, she can’t take you with her, | 所以 她不能带上你 |
[32:27] | because this society wouldn’t support that. | 因为这个社会是不会支持那么做的 |
[32:32] | So you get to hang with us for a, for a while. | 所以你就可以跟我们待一阵 |
[32:35] | Now, we’re not hunter-gatherers, by any means. | 我们不是狩猎收集者 |
[32:39] | We’re capitalists. | 我们是资本主义者 |
[32:41] | We wouldn’t survive a second in the wild because… | 我们在野外肯定无法生存 |
[32:46] | there’s no restaurants or Whole Foods, | 因为那里没有餐馆或全食超市 |
[32:50] | or therapists or hospitals for when you get sick | 或治疗师 或医院供你去治病 |
[32:55] | or, um, books for you to read or movies for you to watch. | 或是书让你读 电影可以看 |
[32:59] | Nothing. And we like those things, right? | 什么都没有 而我们喜欢那些东西 |
[33:01] | So you stand to have a-a pretty good time with us, right? | 所以你跟我们过得挺开心的 是吧 |
[33:06] | My book. | 我的书 |
[33:09] | My book, Daddy, stop it. | 我的书 爸爸 别看了 |
[33:11] | – Story time is for her, not you. – Sorry. | -这是给她讲故事的时候 不是你 -抱歉 |
[33:14] | But it’s so good, right, June? | 但真的很好看 是吧 琼恩 |
[33:16] | – Yeah. – Yeah. Yeah, yeah. What was I saying? | -是啊 -是啊 我说什么来着 |
[33:19] | About cattle pips. | 关于兹本注意者 |
[33:20] | About… about… about capitalists. | 是…资本主义者 |
[33:24] | – Yes. About… – About capitalists. | -对 -资本主义者 |
[33:26] | – Capitalists, yeah. – That’s nice. | -资本主义者 对 -不错啊 |
[33:28] | – I get ice cream? – Yeah, you do. | -我能吃冰淇淋吗 -行 |
[33:31] | And other people make the ice cream for us, | 有其他人给我们做冰淇淋 |
[33:32] | which is great, right? | 这挺好 是吧 |
[33:34] | – Mommy likes ice cream, too. – She does? | -妈妈也喜欢冰淇淋 -是吗 |
[33:36] | Yeah, last time, we got two ice creams. | 对 我们上次吃了两个冰淇淋 |
[33:38] | She gave you…? Mommy gave you two ice creams? | 她…妈妈给你买了两个冰淇淋吗 |
[33:40] | – Yeah. – Last time? Two? | -对 -上次 两个 |
[33:42] | For such a young child? | 给这么小的孩子 |
[33:44] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[33:44] | But ice cream’s nice, right? | 但冰淇淋挺好的 是吧 |
[33:46] | Well, maybe not, maybe not two, | 或许不该吃俩 |
[33:49] | but ice cream is okay, just not two. | 但冰淇淋挺好的 但不该吃俩 |
[33:52] | Lot of sugar. | 好多糖呢 |
[33:53] | – Okay, we’re gonna go to sleep? – Yeah. | -好吧 我们睡觉吧 -好 |
[33:55] | All right, go to sleep. | 好 睡觉吧 |
[33:57] | Eyes closed. | 闭眼睛 |
[33:59] | Begin sleeping. | 睡觉吧 |
[34:02] | Okay, come on, close your eyes. | 好了 闭眼睛吧 |
[34:05] | Good girl. | 真乖 |