时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:01] | You OK, honey? | 你还好吗 亲爱的 |
[01:03] | Yeah, just give me a minute. | 嗯 给我点时间 |
[01:27] | – Hey, Sarah. – Hey, Dad. | -莎拉 -爸 |
[01:30] | How’d she do in the car ride? | 你们的汽车旅行怎样了 |
[01:33] | Uh, she was good. | 还不错 |
[01:36] | Quiet. | 很平静 |
[01:38] | And sad. | 也很悲伤 |
[01:39] | Well, it sounds easier than usual. | 听上去比之前好 |
[01:42] | At least she’s not screaming. | 至少她没有大喊大叫 |
[01:45] | Listen, I know you’re feeling conflicted | 听着 我知道你很矛盾 |
[01:46] | on whether this is a good idea. | 不确定这是否是个好主意 |
[01:49] | I think you need to let her do whatever it is she needs to do. | 我觉得你该让她自我发泄 |
[01:52] | Let her get it out of her system, | 把悲伤都释放出来 |
[01:53] | and try not to come down on her. | 不要对她太苛责 |
[01:56] | OK, well, that’s what I’ve been trying to do | 好吧 过去五个月 |
[01:57] | for the last five months, | 我一直都在这么做 |
[01:58] | and clearly that’s not working. | 但显然并没有用 |
[02:00] | I’m sorry. Don’t get defensive. | 抱歉 别生气 |
[02:03] | I’m not trying to criticize or tell you what to do, | 我不是想批评你或告诉你怎么做 |
[02:05] | I’m just trying to help. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[02:07] | I know this isn’t easy. | 我知道这不容易 |
[02:09] | And for what it’s worth, | 但不管怎样 |
[02:10] | I think you’re doing a fantastic job. | 我觉得你做得很棒 |
[02:12] | Well, we both know that’s not true. | 我们都知道这不是真的 |
[02:15] | Honey, she’ll come back around. | 亲爱的 她会想通的 |
[02:17] | This isn’t gonna last forever. | 这种状态不会持续一辈子 |
[02:19] | Dad, can I call you back? | 爸 我一会儿给你回电吧 |
[02:21] | – Sure. Bye. – OK, bye. | -行 拜 -好 拜 |
[02:28] | I had an idea. | 我有主意了 |
[02:31] | What’s your idea? | 什么主意 |
[02:33] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[02:35] | I don’t want to say goodbye to him. | 我不想和他说再见 |
[02:40] | But… | 但是 |
[02:42] | it’s what we came here to do. | 我们来的目的就是和他告别 |
[02:45] | That’s what you asked for, so… | 你之前也想这样做 |
[02:47] | But I miss him. | 但我想他 |
[02:50] | I know you do, honey. We all do. | 我知道 亲爱的 我们都想他 |
[02:52] | You keep saying that. | 你老这么说 |
[02:55] | But then you just keep trying to push him away. | 但你只是想把他推开 |
[02:59] | Honey, we’re not gonna have that discussion again. | 亲爱的 别再说这个了 |
[03:02] | I loved him just as much as you did, | 我和你一样爱他 |
[03:04] | and I miss him just as much as you do. | 我和你一样想念他 |
[03:07] | So let’s contact him. | 那联系他啊 |
[03:12] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[03:14] | Here’s my idea. | 我是这么想的 |
[03:15] | I know you’re gonna think it’s silly, but… | 我知道你会觉得很愚蠢 但是 |
[03:18] | you know how much Dad and I loved Harry Potter. | 你知道爸爸和我很喜欢哈利·波特 |
[03:23] | We all did. | 我们都喜欢 |
[03:24] | Right. Of course. | 嗯 当然 |
[03:27] | So I brought some things. | 所以我带了些东西 |
[03:30] | I wrote him a kind of a spell. | 我给他写了一个咒语 |
[03:33] | To contact him. | 来联系他 |
[03:36] | I was thinking we could try it. | 我们可以试试 |
[03:43] | Are you sure you want to do that? | 你确定吗 |
[03:46] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:56] | OK, then… let’s do it. | 好吧 那我们试试吧 |
[04:02] | Dear Dad, | 亲爱的爸爸 |
[04:04] | you died of a surprise heart attack | 你157天前 |
[04:06] | one hundred and fifty-seven days ago… | 死于心脏病突发 |
[04:09] | in this bed, in your sleep, | 半夜里在这张床上 |
[04:12] | sometime in the middle of the night. | 在你的睡梦中 |
[04:15] | We were supposed to go to | 我们第二天本该去 |
[04:16] | Aunt Justine’s birthday party the next day. | 参加贾斯丁姑妈的生日聚会 |
[04:19] | I remember knowing something was wrong | 我记得有什么不对劲 |
[04:21] | because your leg felt cold under mine when I woke up. | 因为我醒来时 你的腿在我腿下面很凉 |
[04:25] | Mom was still snoring very loudly. | 妈妈仍然鼾声如雷 |
[04:28] | I don’t know where you are or what you are, | 我不知道你在哪里 现在是什么样 |
[04:32] | but do you still look like you? | 但你的样子没变吗 |
[04:34] | Red beard and freckles? | 还有红胡子和雀斑吗 |
[04:37] | Are you in heaven? Is there even a heaven? | 你在天堂吗 真的有天堂吗 |
[04:41] | Or are you in my heart like you always said you would be | 还是像你经常说的那样 不论发生什么坏事 |
[04:43] | if anything bad happened? | 你都在我心里 |
[04:45] | I don’t know, but I do believe that you can hear me. | 我不知道 但我相信你能听到我说的话 |
[04:48] | Mom does too. Right? | 妈妈也是 对吗 |
[04:52] | – Yeah. – So I’ve written a spell. | -是的 -所以我写了一个咒语 |
[04:54] | If you can hear me, the spell will help you talk to us. | 如果你听得到 这个咒语会帮你跟我们交流 |
[04:57] | On three, we read the spell together. | 数到三 我们一起说出咒语 |
[05:00] | We have to believe. | 我们必须相信 |
[05:02] | – Very important. – OK. OK. | -这非常重要 -好 好的 |
[05:04] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[05:06] | – Loquatus con mortem amore. – Locust con mortem amore. | -[咒语] -[咒语] |
[05:10] | “Loquatus,” Not “Locusts,” | “洛克塔斯” 不是”洛克斯特” |
[05:12] | Or whatever you said. | 或者你说的什么玩意 |
[05:14] | OK. Sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[05:17] | One two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[05:18] | Loquatus con mortem amore. | [咒语] |
[05:31] | It didn’t work. | 这没有用 |
[05:33] | But… it was a really good idea, Elle. | 但是 艾丽 你这个主意特别好 |
[05:38] | And this letter you wrote is so great. | 你写的这封信也特别棒 |
[05:46] | Maybe– Maybe we should just say our goodbyes, and– | 可能 可能我们应该道别了 |
[05:50] | I think you need to go into the bathroom. | 我觉得你需要去洗手间待着 |
[05:54] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[05:55] | This is only going to work if everybody believes. | 只有在大家都坚信 咒语才会起作用 |
[05:58] | I’m not gonna go into the bathroom. | 我不会去洗手间待着 |
[06:00] | Or outside, or somewhere else! | 那你出去待着 或者其他任何地方 |
[06:02] | – Elle – Do you believe? | -艾丽 -你相信这个吗 |
[06:04] | I would like to believe we can talk to Dad, yes. | 我想相信我们可以和爸爸对话 是的 |
[06:08] | But you don’t! So you shouldn’t be a part of this. | 可是你不相信 所以你不应该参与其中 |
[06:11] | – I need to do this alone. – Sweetheart | -我要自己念咒语 -亲爱的 |
[06:13] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我没期望你理解 |
[06:17] | OK, see, this is where we get into trouble. | 好吧 你看 我们每次都是这样吵起来的 |
[06:19] | It’s not trouble. You just don’t get it. | 不是吵起来 你只是不明白而已 |
[06:21] | You don’t get this! This is a me-and-Dad thing, and you– | 你不懂 这是我跟爸爸之间的事 |
[06:23] | I’m not gonna be dragged into this with you again. | 我不会再跟你陷入这样的争执了 |
[06:26] | You don’t even like Harry Potter! | 你甚至都不喜欢《哈利·波特》 |
[06:28] | I do like Harry Potter, I spent my entire vacation | 我是喜欢《哈利·波特》的 我花了整个假期 |
[06:31] | at Harry Potter World with you and Dad– | 跟你和爸爸一起在哈利·波特的世界 |
[06:32] | And you complained the whole time! | 然后你抱怨了一整个假期 |
[06:34] | I was not complaining, I was just questioning | 我不是在抱怨 我只是在想 |
[06:36] | whether we needed to spend five full days there. | 我们真的要在那上花整整五天吗 |
[06:38] | Because you don’t get it like Dad and I do! | 因为你不懂 不像我和爸爸一样 |
[06:39] | And now you’re trying to | 然后现在你却想要 |
[06:40] | forget him and push him out of our lives! | 忘掉他 把他从我们生活里除去 |
[06:42] | OK, you know what? Nope. That’s it. We’re going. | 好 知道吗 这到此为止 我们出发 |
[06:44] | OK, I tried. I tried, but if you’re gonna act like this, | 我努力了 我努力了 但如果你还这样子 |
[06:48] | if you’re gonna treat me like shit, then we’re going. | 如果你要这么对我 我们要走了 |
[06:51] | Give me my bag! If you want to leave, I don’t care! I’m staying! | 把包还我 我不在乎你走不走 我要留下 |
[06:54] | If you want to stay, then you can stay. | 你想留下 你就留下吧 |
[06:56] | – Give me my bag! – Stop it! | -把包还我 -别扯了 |
[06:58] | – You need to control– – Don’t you fucking tell me what to do! | -你要控制… -不用你教我怎么做 |
[07:01] | – No! – Give me my bag! | -不 -把包还我 |
[07:06] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[07:10] | What? | 什么 |
[07:12] | That voice. | 那声音 |
[07:15] | – No, I didn’t– – I heard it. | -没有 我没听到 -我听到了 |
[07:18] | It was a muffled voice. | 模糊的声音 |
[07:20] | Or voices. | 或是很多声音 |
[07:23] | Like a bunch of computer voices. | 像一堆计算机发出的声音 |
[07:26] | And they were all muffle-y. | 听起来都很模糊 |
[07:34] | Elle, I don’t know. Maybe it was the people– | 艾丽 我不知道 可能是人… |
[07:36] | There it is again! | 又来了 |
[07:39] | It’s coming from the bed! | 是床那里传出来的 |
[07:45] | – Elle, don’t do this. – Shh! | -艾丽 别这样 -安静 |
[07:51] | Can’t hear it, Mom? | 你没听见吗 妈妈 |
[07:55] | – No, I don’t– – It’s talking! | -没有 -是说话的声音 |
[07:57] | Can’t you hear it? | 你没听见吗 |
[08:13] | Can you help me talk to my Dad? | 可以帮我跟爸爸聊天吗 |
[08:16] | Elle. | 艾丽 |
[08:22] | They think they know where Dad is! | 他们说他们知道爸爸在哪 |
[08:37] | – Who’s “They”? – The spirit voices. | -“他们”是谁 -精灵们 |
[08:40] | Can you help me contact him? | 能帮我联系爸爸吗 |
[08:42] | What are they saying? | 他们怎么说 |
[08:44] | One second, Mom. | 等等 妈妈 |
[08:47] | They’re– | 他们在… |
[08:49] | They’ve– | 他们联系上… |
[08:51] | They’ve contacted Dad! | 他们联系上爸爸啦 |
[08:53] | I can’t believe it, it’s working! | 太神奇了 魔法奏效了 |
[08:57] | This is amazing! | 太棒了 |
[09:02] | Tell him I say “Hi, it’s Elle.” I really miss him. | 帮我传话”我是艾丽” 我很想他 |
[09:05] | – Now what’s happening? – Shh! | -现在怎么样了 -别说话 |
[09:13] | I’m gonna tell Mom. | 我要告诉妈妈 |
[09:19] | Mom, we can talk to him! | 妈妈 我们可以跟爸爸说话了 |
[09:23] | Ok. | 好啊 |
[09:26] | Uh… how does it work? | 我们怎样和他说话 |
[09:28] | Well, the voices can talk to Dad and me, | 那些声音会跟我和爸爸说话 |
[09:31] | but you and I can’t talk directly to Dad. | 但是你和我不能直接和爸爸说话 |
[09:33] | Does that make sense? | 你明白吗 |
[09:38] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:40] | Has he said anything yet? | 他说了什么吗 |
[09:42] | He said he loves us | 他说他爱我们 |
[09:45] | and he misses us, but we shouldn’t worry, | 还有他想念我们 我们不需要担心 |
[09:49] | because he’s not in any pain or anything. | 他并没有任何痛苦 |
[09:53] | Well, that’s good. | 那很好 |
[09:55] | Did he say anything else? | 他还说了别的吗 |
[09:59] | That was really it. | 就这些 |
[10:03] | You were under there for a while. | 你在被子下面待了挺久 |
[10:06] | Nothing else? | 没别的了吗 |
[10:12] | It’s OK. You can tell me. | 没关系 告诉我 |
[10:16] | Well, the voices… | 那些声音 |
[10:18] | translate more than what he’s saying. | 它们不仅仅翻译了他说的话 |
[10:22] | They actually translate what he’s feeling. | 他们实际上翻译了他的感受 |
[10:28] | And what was that? | 他的感受是什么 |
[10:32] | Well, I don’t want you to get your feelings hurt. | 我不想伤害你的感受 |
[10:36] | Oh, honey, it’s OK. | 宝贝 没事的 |
[10:40] | Well, the voices… | 那些声音 |
[10:44] | they said that while he said he misses us both, | 它们说 虽然他想念我们俩 |
[10:48] | he actually misses me a bit more than he misses you. | 但他其实想念我比想念你要多一点点 |
[10:57] | Well, that’s understandable. | 那也可以理解 |
[11:00] | – It is? – Sure. | -是吗 -当然 |
[11:03] | All three of us love each other, | 我们三个人都爱彼此 |
[11:05] | but I know you and Dad had a special connection, | 但我知道你和爸爸有特殊的联系 |
[11:09] | so it makes sense that the voices | 所以我理解那些声音 |
[11:11] | would translate it that way. | 会这样翻译 |
[11:18] | OK. So what do we do now? | 那我们现在该怎么做 |
[11:20] | We have to give them a message for Dad. | 我们要它们传递信息给爸爸 |
[11:24] | OK, great. Um… | 好的 |
[11:27] | well, we should tell him that we love him, | 我们应该告诉他我们爱他 |
[11:31] | and miss him, | 想念他 |
[11:34] | and that we wish he was with us, | 我们希望他在我们身边 |
[11:36] | but we understand that he had to go. | 但我们也理解他不得不离开 |
[11:40] | And to give hugs from us and to say goodbye. | 给我们一个拥抱 然后告别 |
[11:45] | Or we could ask him if there’s any way that he could come back. | 或者我们可以问问他能不能回来 |
[11:51] | That’s… That’s an idea. | 这是个好主意 |
[11:54] | Worth asking, right? | 值得一问 对吗 |
[11:56] | If he can’t, then we can just do our goodbyes like we planned | 如果不行 我们可以按照原计划去告别 |
[12:00] | but if he could come back somehow, | 但他如果能回来 |
[12:04] | that would be the best, right? | 那是最好不过的 对吗 |
[12:12] | You’re right. That would be the best. | 你说的对 那是最好不过的 |
[12:14] | We should check. | 我们应该问问他 |
[12:28] | Is there any way he can come back? | 他能不能回来 |
[12:39] | That’s the only way? I have to choose? | 这是唯一的方法吗 我必须选吗 |
[12:44] | What’s happening? | 发生什么了 |
[12:53] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[12:58] | Dad said that there is actually a way that he could come back. | 爸爸说 有个方法可以让他回来 |
[13:04] | And what’s that? | 什么方法 |
[13:07] | He would have to trade places… | 他要和你… |
[13:11] | with you. | 交换位置 |
[13:14] | Dad said that? | 爸爸这么说的吗 |
[13:17] | Well, Dad said that he could come back, | 爸爸说他可以回来 |
[13:20] | but there can’t be three of us anymore– only two. | 但我们不能有三个人 只能有两个 |
[13:28] | But he said he would never want anything bad to happen to you. | 但他说他不希望坏事在你身上发生 |
[13:33] | But… | 但是… |
[13:37] | But the voices translated how he really felt. | 但那些声音翻译了他的真实所想 |
[13:41] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[13:44] | And what was that? | 那是什么 |
[13:46] | That… he… | 是…他… |
[13:52] | …misses me so much | 他很想我 |
[13:56] | that he would actually rather | 他希望 |
[13:58] | you be dead… than him… | 你替他死 |
[14:02] | so he could come back and be with me. | 这样他就能回来陪我了 |
[14:07] | Do you agree with Dad? | 你同意你爸爸的想法吗 |
[14:11] | Would you rather him come back and me go and take his place? | 你希望他回来 我去代替他吗 |
[14:19] | Because… that’s OK if that’s what you want, | 因为 如果你想要的话我可以去 |
[14:23] | if that’s what you’re really feeling. | 如果这是你的真实想法的话 |
[14:27] | I want you to know that. | 我希望你知道这点 |
[14:33] | Do you mean… | 你的意思是 |
[14:36] | you’d be willing t-to trade places with Dad… | 你愿意和爸爸交换位置 |
[14:42] | if that’s what I wanted? | 如果那就是我想要的 |
[14:48] | I th– I think– | 我想 |
[14:52] | I think I’d be willing to do that for you… | 我想为了你我愿意这么做 |
[14:56] | if that’s what you really wanted. | 如果这是你想要的话 |
[14:59] | OK? You can tell Dad that. | 好吗 你可以告诉爸爸 |
[15:03] | You can tell the voices to tell Dad, OK? | 你可以让那个声音去告诉爸爸 好吗 |
[15:08] | I want you to know that’s an OK thing to say. | 我想让你知道你可以这么说 |
[15:14] | What? | 什么 |
[15:16] | Sorry, they’re trying to talk to me again. | 抱歉 他们又在和我说话了 |
[16:03] | What did Dad have to say? | 爸爸说什么了 |
[16:07] | They weren’t translating for Dad this time. | 他们这次没在为爸爸翻译 |
[16:11] | No? | 没有吗 |
[16:13] | They were translating for you. | 他们在为你翻译 |
[16:16] | Me? | 我 |
[16:18] | They said that you didn’t really mean it | 他们说当你说你愿意和爸爸交换的时候 |
[16:20] | when you said you’d trade with Dad. | 你说的不是真的 |
[16:23] | That inside, you were secretly happy that you were alive, | 在你内心 你其实在偷偷庆幸你还活着 |
[16:28] | that he was the one that died instead of you. | 而他才是死去的那个人 |
[16:30] | Oh– Honey, that’s not true. | 亲爱的 这不是真的 |
[16:33] | This is confusing. | 这太乱了 |
[16:35] | I know it is, | 我知道 |
[16:36] | but you know what, your father and I, | 但你知道吗 你爸爸和我 |
[16:38] | we love you so much, and it’s going to be fine, OK? | 我们很爱你 所以一切都会没事的 好吗 |
[16:41] | But you both are saying things, and you mean different things, | 但你们都心口不一 |
[16:44] | and I don’t know what you mean– this is confusing! | 而我不知道你们真实的想法 这太混乱了 |
[16:48] | – I know. – You say that you know, | -我懂 -你说你懂 |
[16:49] | but I don’t know what you mean! | 但我不知道你心里怎么想的 |
[16:52] | – Why does there only have to be two?! – Elle– Elle– | -为什么只能活两个人 -艾丽 艾丽 |
[16:54] | Why can’t there be three of us like it used to?! | 为什么不能像以前一样我们三个人在一起 |
[16:57] | – It’s not fair! It’s not fucking fair! – Honey! | -这不公平 这他妈的不公平 -亲爱的 |
[17:00] | – Everybody else has their whole family! – I know they do. | -其他人都有完整的家 -我知道他们有 |
[17:02] | – It’s not fair! – I know, honey. I know. | -这不公平 -我知道 亲爱的 我知道 |
[17:05] | No! Get off of me! | 不 别碰我 |
[17:06] | You’re just trying to make me like you | 你只是在想让我喜欢你 |
[17:07] | so I’ll choose you and let you live! | 这样我就会选你 让你活下去 |
[17:10] | Oh, my God, are you both pretending to like Harry Potter? | 我的上帝 你们俩是都在装作喜欢哈利波特吗 |
[17:13] | No, we’re not pretending, Elle, OK? | 不 我们没在假装 艾丽 好吗 |
[17:15] | – Oh, my God! It’s not fair! – Elle, stop it. | -老天啊 这不公平 -艾丽 停下 |
[17:18] | – It’s not fair! – Stop it! | -这不公平 -停下来 |
[17:19] | I know it’s not fair. I know it’s– | 我知道这不公平 我知道这 |
[17:48] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[17:50] | I just wish it didn’t have to be two. | 我只是希望不要只有两个人 |
[17:52] | Just wish it could be three, together again. | 我只是希望我们三个人能重新在一起 |
[18:07] | Elle. | 艾丽 |
[18:09] | I know that this is incredibly hard. | 我明白这对你来说很难接受 |
[18:13] | And I know that you think | 我也知道你觉得 |
[18:14] | that I don’t understand how you’re feeling | 我不能理解你的感受 |
[18:18] | because you and Dad were so close. | 因为你和爸爸很亲近 |
[18:22] | But you know, your Dad and I | 但是 你爸爸和我 |
[18:24] | also had a very special connection. | 同样也曾有特殊的情感联结 |
[18:31] | You did? | 你们有过 |
[18:34] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:37] | He was my husband | 他是我的丈夫 |
[18:39] | and my best friend in the whole world. | 也是我世上最好的朋友 |
[18:43] | And we had our own set of secret worlds | 我们也曾有自己的秘密世界 |
[18:45] | and things that only we shared. | 以及仅有我俩知道的事情 |
[18:49] | And now I feel like I’ve lost this piece of myself… | 现在我感觉就像是丢失了一部分自己 |
[18:56] | …and I can never be the same. | 我再也不是曾经的自己了 |
[19:00] | That’s exactly how I feel. | 我也是同样的感受 |
[19:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:07] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:11] | It’s OK. | 没关系 |
[19:14] | I love you so much, honey. | 我真的很爱你 宝贝 |
[19:56] | – But will Mom and I be OK? – Elle. | -但是妈妈和我会好起来吗 -艾丽 |
[20:00] | Hold on, Mom. | 等一等 妈妈 |
[20:01] | I’m saying goodbye to Dad. | 我正在和爸爸告别 |
[20:09] | I think about you all the time, | 我一直想念你 |
[20:11] | and I dream we’ll be together forever. | 我希望我们能永远在一起 |
[20:19] | OK, Dad. Goodbye. | 好了 爸爸 再见 |
[20:23] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[20:27] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |