时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:38] | 你是谁 你的长相如何 快速信息 社交媒体 | |
[01:42] | Who am I? | 我是谁 |
[01:45] | I’m… | 我 |
[01:48] | hard to describe. | 很难描述 |
[01:49] | I mean, everyone’s hard to describe, right, | 每个人都很难描述 是吧 |
[01:51] | but I’m really hard to describe, | 但我真的很难描述 |
[01:54] | because I’ve got this little… | 因为我有一点点 |
[01:58] | …thing. It’s a little thing. | 小问题 就一点点 |
[02:00] | Nothing more. Not like a big thing. | 就这么简单 也不是大问题 |
[02:02] | Well… it’s big-ish. | 好吧 稍微有点大 |
[02:04] | Depending on the way you look at it. | 要看你怎么想了 |
[02:06] | It’s-it’s-it’s not tiny, but it’s not huge. | 这问题 不能说超小 也不算超大 |
[02:09] | It’s a thing, that’s all, but… | 就是有点问题 就是这样 但是 |
[02:11] | But, but… how to tell you about it? | 但是 但是 该怎么跟你说呢 |
[02:25] | You want to know who I am? Here’s who I am. | 想知道我是谁吗 我告诉你 |
[02:28] | I’m in a supermarket, years ago, looking for some peaches. | 几年前 我在一家超市里 想买桃子 |
[02:31] | Like, a craving for peaches. | 超级想吃桃子 |
[02:34] | You know the way you wake up sometimes | 你懂的 有时候一醒来 |
[02:36] | with, like, a crazy, crazy craving for peaches? | 就会超级 超级想吃桃子 |
[02:39] | Well, like that, | 就是这样 |
[02:41] | and I’m shimmering. | 我在发光 |
[02:44] | But literally shimmering, as I’ve chosen, | 真的在发光 |
[02:47] | as my early-morning supermarket-visit attire, | 因为我早晨逛超市选择穿了一件 |
[02:49] | a sequin shirt that I absolutely adore | 我特别喜欢的亮片衬衫 |
[02:52] | and which I can never find the right occasion for. | 一直没找到机会穿它 |
[02:59] | It matched my mood. | 跟我的心情很搭 |
[03:00] | I was in a really good mood. | 我心情相当好 |
[03:04] | Which is kind of the problem. | 问题也出在这里 |
[03:12] | And then,when I thought my mood couldn’t get any better, | 就在我以为心情不能更好的时候 |
[03:15] | I spied… | 我瞧见了 |
[03:17] | vegetable counter. | 蔬菜柜台 |
[03:20] | My ostensible search for peaches was in reality | 我表面上在寻找桃子 实际上 |
[03:23] | a search for adventure. | 是在寻找冒险 |
[03:27] | Maybe even love. | 甚至是爱 |
[03:28] | I just didn’t know it at the time. | 只是当时我没意识到 |
[03:30] | If you can find love in a supermarket | 假如你能在某个早晨 在一家超市里 |
[03:32] | early in the morning, you know you can trust it. | 找到真爱 这绝对是靠谱的真爱 |
[03:34] | No one’s here to pull, no one’s looking | 没有人会在这里下套 |
[03:36] | for an easy lay or a one-night stand. | 没有人会在这钓个床伴 找一夜情 |
[03:39] | Guys aren’t buoyed by Dutch courage or high on cocaine. | 这里的男人不是借酒壮胆 也没有嗑嗨 |
[03:42] | Men are the real deal in here. | 这里的男人才是最货真价实的 |
[03:45] | Plus, if you strike out, you don’t have to skulk off | 而且万一不成 你也不必悄悄躲进黑夜 |
[03:47] | into the night, empty-handed like a total loser. | 两手空空 像个彻底的失败者 |
[03:49] | It’s a store. | 这是家商店 |
[03:52] | There’s still bargains in here. | 里面还打折呢 |
[03:59] | I like mine firm and juicy. | 我喜欢结实多汁的 |
[04:01] | And no bruises. | 而且不要蹭烂的 |
[04:03] | So what are you looking for? | 你是来买什么的 |
[04:05] | I had a hankering for a fruit salad, but, um, not preprepared. | 我想吃水果沙拉 但是不想吃即食的 |
[04:09] | – Like, super fresh, you know? – Right? | -想要最新鲜的 你知道吧 -知道啊 |
[04:11] | Because there’s so much waste, because you have to buy, | 可是太浪费了 因为你得每一样 |
[04:12] | like, one of everything, | 都买一点 |
[04:14] | and then, by the time you want fruit salad again, | 然后等到你再想吃水果沙拉 |
[04:15] | everything’s gone off just a little bit. | 菜就不够新鲜了 |
[04:17] | My conscience won’t let me make fruit salad for just me. | 我自己一个人不会做水果沙拉的 良心上过不去 |
[04:20] | Unless, of course, you have a load of kids | 除非 你有一堆到处乱跑的小孩 |
[04:21] | running around and a wife to help you eat your fruit. | 还有个帮你吃水果的老婆 |
[04:24] | So, do you have a wife and kids to help you eat your fruit? | 你有老婆孩子帮你吃水果吗 |
[04:27] | Me? No, no. | 我吗 没有 没有 |
[04:28] | – No? – I don’t, no. | -没有 -对 没有 |
[04:30] | Hmm. Me, neither. | 我也没有 |
[04:32] | Is that what you’re looking for? | 这是你想要的吗 |
[04:34] | I guess. | 是吧 |
[04:36] | Ultimately, uh… | 最后总是要… |
[04:38] | No, I-I meant the peach. | 不是 我 我是说桃子 |
[04:40] | Oh, the peach. | 桃子啊 |
[04:42] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -对 -对 |
[04:43] | Right. | 是 |
[04:44] | Right. Yeah. No, totally came in for peaches. | 是是 对啊 我就是来卖桃子的 |
[04:46] | Yeah, sure. | 嗯 是的 |
[04:49] | You, um… you okay? | 你 你还好吗 |
[04:52] | You seem sort of… crazy energized. | 你好像有点…异常地兴奋 |
[04:55] | Oh, well, that’ll be the 8-ball I took this morning. | 应该是因为我今天早上吃的药 |
[04:58] | What? | 什么 |
[04:59] | No, I’ve been up for a couple of nights. | 没有 我好几天没好好睡了 |
[05:01] | – Like, um… like, three nights. – No way. | -好像 三天没睡了 -不可能吧 |
[05:03] | What, you got, like, a deadline, or something? | 你是有什么很紧的任务吗 |
[05:06] | No. No, I just… | 不是不是 就是 |
[05:09] | Uh, life’s just too interesting to sleep sometimes. | 生活有时候就是太有趣 让你睡不着 |
[05:11] | – You know what I mean? – Right, right. | -你懂我意思吗 -懂 懂 |
[05:12] | Tell that to bears. | 你就胡说吧 |
[05:15] | It’s good to know that other stuff, too, though. | 不过知道点别的东西也是好的 |
[05:17] | What other stuff? | 什么别的东西 |
[05:19] | You know, that you want those things. | 就是你想要那些 |
[05:20] | Kids. A husband. | 孩子 丈夫 |
[05:23] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[05:25] | It’s just good to know those things | 要跟一个人约会的话 |
[05:26] | when you’re going on a date with someone. | 了解这些事情还是挺好的 |
[05:27] | Yeah. Yeah, it’s useful. | 是 是 很有用 |
[05:31] | So… where we going? | 那 我们去哪 |
[05:34] | Anywhere. With you. | 哪都行 只要是跟你 |
[05:37] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -对 |
[05:38] | I mean, you just, like, totally brightened up my day. | 你真的 你简直点亮了我的一天 |
[05:40] | I was all, like, tired. | 我本来 累得很 |
[05:42] | Late night. Woke up dejected, directionless, | 熬夜工作 醒来又沮丧又没有方向 |
[05:44] | and Rita Hayworth walks up to me in the supermarket. | 在超市里却被丽塔·海华斯一样的美女搭讪 |
[05:46] | I mean, come on. | 拜托 |
[05:48] | You just don’t let stuff like that pass you by in life, | 没人会让这样美好的事物从身边溜走的 |
[05:50] | unless you’re a fool. | 除非是个傻瓜 |
[05:51] | – I love you. – What? | -我爱你 -什么 |
[05:52] | I love the way you talk. | 我爱你说话的方式 |
[05:54] | I-I-I love it. | 我 我很爱 |
[05:56] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:58] | And, uh, thank you for coming in here today. | 谢谢你今天来这里 |
[06:00] | You’re so welcome. | 不客气 |
[06:06] | So, um, I’ll see you Thursday evening. | 周四晚上见 |
[06:09] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[06:12] | You know… | 我想说 |
[06:17] | Suddenly, work doesn’t seem that interesting to me. | 我突然觉得工作对我来说没什么意思了 |
[06:19] | Do you want to… you want to grab breakfast? | 你想 你想去吃个早饭吗 |
[06:21] | – I just met you. – You’re going on a date with me. | -我才刚认识你 -我们马上就要约会了啊 |
[06:23] | Right, but a date is dinner. | 没错 不过约会是晚餐 |
[06:24] | Breakfast is intimate. It’s different. | 早餐太亲密了 这不一样 |
[06:26] | Breakfast is, like, bed head | 早餐就应该是在床头 |
[06:28] | and tired and gloopy and… | 疲惫又慵懒… |
[06:29] | It’s no makeup, bright lights. | 没有化妆 阳光却很明亮 |
[06:31] | It can go hideously wrong. | 可能会带来很糟糕的结果 |
[06:32] | – So can dinner. – That’s what alcohol’s for. | -那就晚餐吧 -酒就在这时候派上用场了 |
[06:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:39] | Um… how about coffee? | 喝咖啡行不行 |
[06:40] | – I can do coffee. – Okay. | -我同意 -好的 |
[06:45] | Um, can I get a scone? | 那我可以吃一块司康饼吗 |
[06:47] | No, that’s breakfast. | 不行 那样就算是早餐了 |
[07:06] | I’ll see you Thursday. | 我们周四见 |
[07:41] | *I just met a man* | *我遇见了真命天子* |
[07:44] | *In the peach aisle* | *就在一排桃子旁边* |
[07:46] | *With a twinkle in his eye* | *他眼中闪烁着星辰* |
[07:51] | *Today’s world is kind* | *今天的世界多么温柔* |
[07:54] | *And fabulous* | *多么美好* |
[07:56] | *Not a cloud up in the sky.* | *天空中没有一丝云彩* |
[08:02] | Okay, okay, enough. | 好了 好了 够了 |
[08:03] | This isn’t La La Land. | 这不是《爱乐之城》 |
[08:04] | I’m happy, but it’s still real life. | 我很高兴 不过这是真实生活 |
[08:07] | You get the idea. | 你们懂我意思的 |
[08:31] | The I.P. file. | IP的案子 |
[08:33] | – Remind me. – The rapper suing the boy band. | -给点提示 -说唱歌手告了那个男生乐队 |
[08:35] | Over the sample they never paid for. | 因为他们用了音轨采样 没付钱 |
[08:37] | Right. I know that a rapper is suing a band. | 没错 我知道这个说唱歌手告乐队的案子 |
[08:39] | It’s so topsy-turvy. They want me on it? | 非常混乱 他们要我处理这事吗 |
[08:40] | They insist on our new hotshot. | 他们点名要你这位新秀 |
[08:43] | – Did they use those words? – Of course. | -他们是这么说的吗 -当然 |
[08:44] | I was the hotshot until you arrived. | 在你出现前 我是那个新秀 |
[08:46] | And look at you– like a ginger cat who got the cream. | 看看你 就像一只吃到奶油的橘猫 |
[08:50] | You look like Rita Hayworth. | 你看起来就像丽塔·海华斯 |
[08:52] | You’re the second person to say that to me today. | 你是今天第二个这么说的人 |
[08:54] | – Who said that? – A guy. | -第一个是谁 -一个男的 |
[08:56] | – Nice guy? – Very nice. | -很不错吗 -非常棒 |
[08:58] | Where did you meet him? Somewhere late, I presume, | 你在哪遇到他的 我猜昨天搞到很晚吧 |
[09:01] | because you swanned in here at 10:00 a.m. | 因为你上午十点才进门 |
[09:03] | And you look like you haven’t been home last night. Wha…? | 看起来就像昨晚没回家一样 怎么… |
[09:07] | The supermarket, this morning. | 在超市里 今天早上 |
[09:09] | What? | 什么 |
[09:09] | Who gets a date at the supermarket? Really? | 谁会在超市里搞到约会 认真的吗 |
[09:12] | I was in cold meats and cheese. He was in fruit and veg. | 我在冷鲜肉制品和奶酪区 他在果蔬区 |
[09:14] | We knew it was love. | 我们知道 这就是爱情 |
[09:15] | Maybe we can meet this one. | 或许我们可以见见这一位 |
[09:16] | I thought you were seeing that musician guy. | 我以为你和那个搞音乐的人在约会呢 |
[09:19] | I was. It wasn’t a match. | 之前是的 但我们不合适 |
[09:22] | You’re way too choosey. | 你太挑剔了 |
[09:31] | HR asked me to mention to you. | 人力资源部门让我提醒你 |
[09:32] | You missed, like, four days out of 20. | 二十天里你旷工了四天 |
[09:35] | Last month, apparently. | 就上个月吧 |
[09:36] | I know. I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 我知道 |
[09:37] | It’s that irritable bowel syndrome. | 我有肠易激综合征 |
[09:39] | Really? I’m very sorry to hear that. | 真的吗 那是挺惨的 |
[09:41] | It doesn’t matter how good you are at your job. | 不过不管你工作做得多好 |
[09:43] | I just can’t defend anyone | 我都没办法在老板面前 |
[09:45] | missing days like that to our bosses. | 为你这么多天的缺席做辩护 |
[09:47] | I know. I’m totally on it. | 我知道 我会处理的 |
[09:49] | Okay. Because I don’t want to lose you. | 好的 因为我可不想你离开 |
[09:51] | You just got here, and I kind of like you. | 你才到这里 我挺喜欢你的 |
[09:54] | I kind of like you, too. | 我也挺喜欢你的 |
[09:56] | Drinks later, you can tell me all about him? | 晚点一起喝酒 说说他的情况吧 |
[09:58] | – Date. – Okay. | -说定了 -好啊 |
[10:43] | And this is where the problem starts. | 这就是问题的根源 |
[10:51] | I don’t know what kicks it off. | 我不知道是什么引起的 |
[10:55] | Blood sugar? Chemical? | 血糖 化学药物 |
[10:57] | Psychological? Who knows? | 心理问题 谁知道呢 |
[11:02] | But it comes… | 但当它出现时 |
[11:06] | like a monster from an old black and white movie, walking, | 就像老黑白电影里的怪物 追着你 |
[11:09] | and no matter how fast you run, he keeps up with you. | 无论你跑得多快 它一直紧跟着你 |
[11:14] | And there’s only one place he can’t find you. | 只有一个地方可以躲开它 |
[11:57] | Hello, Lexi? | 你好 莱克丝 |
[12:02] | It’s Jeff. | 我是杰夫 |
[12:04] | I was just ringing to confirm your street number. | 我想和你确认下你的街道号码 |
[12:11] | Unless you want to cancel. | 除非你不想约会了 |
[12:12] | I… I mean, you still have two minutes. | 你还有两分钟的考虑时间 |
[12:19] | No. | 没有 |
[12:22] | Come over, yeah. | 你来吧 |
[12:24] | For the date. | 来约会吧 |
[12:31] | So… | 所以 |
[12:33] | Rita Hayworth got herself a date, huh? | 丽塔·海华斯有个约会 |
[12:42] | Oh, hey. | 你好啊 |
[12:44] | Hi, Jeff. | 你好 杰夫 |
[12:49] | Oh, shit. | 糟了 |
[12:50] | Shit, I’m sorry. | 糟糕 很抱歉 |
[12:52] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[12:53] | It’s not getting off to a great start. | 这个开头不太顺利 |
[12:55] | – You okay? – It’s fine. | -你没事吧 -没事的 |
[13:04] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[13:05] | It’s a little wooden carved peach. | 木刻的小桃子 |
[13:08] | Out of ash. | 崭新的 |
[13:12] | You’re a woodturner? | 你是木工吗 |
[13:15] | No. I-I’m not a woodturner. | 不是 我 我不是木工 |
[13:18] | I passed it in a store. | 我在一家店里看到的 |
[13:21] | It seemed symbolic. | 感觉很有象征意义 |
[13:26] | That’s sweet. | 你真好 |
[13:37] | Let’s go? | 我们走吧 |
[13:41] | Okay. | 行 |
[13:47] | So, uh, where-where do you want to go? | 那 你想去哪里 |
[13:51] | I don’t care. Just somewhere casual. | 随便 去哪都行 |
[13:55] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[13:58] | Hmm? Sure. | 没事啊 |
[14:02] | So, what do you want to eat? | 你想吃什么 |
[14:09] | Muesli. | 什锦麦片 |
[14:12] | That might be hard right now. | 这个点不太好找吧 |
[14:13] | It… | 现在 |
[14:15] | I know a place. Come on. | 我认识一个地方 跟我来 |
[14:22] | – Here you go, Lex. – Thanks, Cynthia. | -给 莱克丝 -谢谢 辛西娅 |
[14:40] | You don’t have a twin… by any chance? | 你应该 没有双胞胎姐妹吧 |
[14:43] | No. | 没有 |
[14:45] | – Thanks so much. Appreciate it. – Of course. | -谢谢 我很喜欢 -没事 |
[14:48] | This was, uh… | 这是 |
[14:49] | Do you want to get… | 你想不想吃 |
[14:51] | ice cream? | 冰激凌 |
[14:54] | Okay. | 行 |
[14:56] | Sure, yeah. Yes. Yeah. | 当然行了 没问题 |
[14:58] | Cool. | 那好 |
[15:18] | So, do you want to come up for coffee… | 你要不要上去喝杯咖啡 |
[15:22] | – or sex or something? – You know what? | -或者做爱什么的 -这样吧 |
[15:25] | I’m okay, actually. | 其实不必了 |
[15:27] | Yeah, I understand. | 我明白 |
[15:31] | Yeah. No, I-I should just leave you to it. | 嗯 我还是不要打扰你了 |
[15:34] | To what? | 打扰我什么 |
[15:36] | To whatever it is you’re doing this evening | 做你今晚本来该做的事情 |
[15:37] | that’s more interesting than this. | 肯定比这样有趣多了 |
[15:40] | You shouldn’t feel obliged to do this. | 你不应该强迫自己跟我出来 |
[15:41] | No. No, no, no, it’s not that. | 没 没没没 不是 |
[15:44] | It’s… I’m not… I don’t feel ob… | 这 我没有 我没强迫 |
[15:48] | Okay, I do feel obliged a little bit, | 好吧 我是有点强迫自己了 |
[15:49] | but it’s really not what you think. | 但不是你想的那样 |
[15:51] | It’s, you know, I’ve… | 只是 我 |
[15:55] | I’m s…. I’m sick, and, uh… | 我生病 我生病了 |
[15:58] | I mean, I’ve had the flu, | 我是说 我得流感了 |
[15:59] | and I just, I don’t really feel up to much. | 所以就 就对事情提不起兴趣 |
[16:01] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:03] | Why didn’t you say that earlier at… | 你怎么不早点说 |
[16:05] | You… | 你 |
[16:06] | Yeah, yeah. I’ll-I’ll sleep it off, | 你说得对 我 我回去睡一觉就好了 |
[16:08] | and we’ll do this again properly, you know? | 下次我们再好好约一次 行吗 |
[16:11] | Call me? | 打我电话吧 |
[16:14] | I’ll tell you what, um… | 这样吧 |
[16:16] | you call me, if you want. | 你要是想打给我 就打吧 |
[16:18] | You have my number. | 你有我号码 |
[16:28] | It began in high school. | 问题是从高中开始的 |
[16:29] | One day, I wanted to stay in bed. | 有一天 我想赖床 |
[16:32] | My parents let me, presumed I was sick, | 我爸妈就由着我 以为我生病了 |
[16:34] | as I couldn’t physically pull myself out of bed. | 因为我实在没法把自己拖下床 |
[16:41] | 21 days later, I was still there. | 21天之后 我还在床上 |
[16:47] | Children have an amazing way of dealing with new information. | 小孩接受新事物总是很快 |
[16:50] | They don’t know certain things aren’t | 他们不知道自己有时候 |
[16:52] | the way they’re supposed to be. | 不应该是那样的 |
[16:54] | This is where I figured out the knack for living with this. | 所以我想到该如何应付的办法 |
[16:57] | I could make up for it with intense bouts of productivity. | 我可以用整段紧绷高效的学习时间来弥补 |
[17:00] | I would become a star student. | 我会突然变成优秀学生 |
[17:07] | This is how I could miss 50% of the year– | 所以我凭着优秀的那半年 |
[17:09] | by being brilliant the other half. | 可以翘半年的课 |
[17:12] | Follow your dreams! Whoo! | 追逐你的梦想 |
[17:17] | Same at Vassar. | 在瓦萨学院也一样 |
[17:18] | Weeks in my dorm not coming out, | 在寝室待几个星期不出去 |
[17:19] | and then weeks in the library making up for it, | 又在图书馆待几个星期补回去 |
[17:22] | getting killer grades. | 考试分数高得要命 |
[17:24] | What is wrong with you? | 你有什么毛病 |
[17:28] | And then moving to New York. | 然后搬到了纽约 |
[17:29] | I beat out the competition in numerous firms. | 我在许多公司的竞争中脱颖而出 |
[17:35] | Until, one by one, | 可是他们一个个 |
[17:37] | they all realized my forensic attention to detail, | 都发现我像法医一样认真对待细节 |
[17:40] | burning off gallons of midnight oil when I’m on a case, | 为个案子就会熬夜搞得昏天黑地 |
[17:43] | simply wouldn’t make up for my disastrous attendance records. | 这一切也无法弥补我无尽的矿工 |
[17:47] | Over the course of all this was the countless couches– | 这样的生活里 还要加上数不清的问诊 |
[17:50] | the analysis, the electroshock therapy, | 诊断分析 电击治疗 |
[17:52] | the cognitive behavioral therapy, | 认知行为治疗 |
[17:54] | the drug therapy, you name it. | 药物治疗 你想得到的都有 |
[18:03] | Meanwhile, I kept… | 与此同时 我还 |
[18:05] | employers, family and friends | 在老板 家人 朋友面前 |
[18:09] | blissfully unaware with excuses, | 用借口把他们都骗过去 |
[18:12] | only showing up when I was sure to impress. | 只有我状态超好的时候才见人 |
[18:16] | This was how life became. | 然后我的生活就这样了 |
[18:18] | And no one really knew who I was. | 没有人知道我到底是谁 |
[18:26] | Yes. Lexi Donohoe. | 喂 我是莱克丝·多诺霍 |
[18:28] | Absolutely, yes. I am… | 没错 对 我 |
[18:30] | Uh, uh, by tomorrow? | 什么 明天 |
[18:32] | Oh, yeah, I could have it by tomorrow. Okay, no problem. | 行 我明天能弄好 没问题 |
[18:34] | But… | 但是 |
[18:35] | as long as the clouds ultimately passed, | 只要阴云最后都散去 |
[18:37] | I could deal with it. | 我就能应付 |
[18:40] | Uh, speaking of which…. | 说到这个 |
[19:00] | A perfect morning. | 一个美妙的早晨 |
[19:02] | Birds tweeting outside my window. | 小鸟在我的窗外歌唱 |
[19:04] | The smell of fresh-cut grass. | 刚修剪过的草散发清香 |
[19:31] | Jeff! | 杰夫 |
[19:32] | Jeff, the nicest man in the world. | 杰夫 世界上最好的男人 |
[19:35] | Jeff with the loveliest smile | 笑容最可爱的杰夫 |
[19:37] | and all the potential in life | 能带给生活无限可能 |
[19:39] | and the promise in one, single human being. | 在他身上我看到了希望 |
[19:44] | Was 6:30 in the morning too early to call Jeff? | 早上六点半打给杰夫太早了吗 |
[19:49] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没事的 |
[19:59] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:00] | – Jeff? – Yeah? | -杰夫 -什么事 |
[20:02] | It’s Lexi. | 我是莱克丝 |
[20:04] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:05] | Is it too early? It isn’t too early, is it? | 现在太早了吗 不算太早对吧 |
[20:07] | – Tell me it’s not too early. – Too early for what? | -告诉我不算太早 -做什么太早 |
[20:10] | Breakfast. This time, you have the muesli, | 吃早餐 这次你吃什锦麦片 |
[20:12] | and I’ll have the steak. | 我吃牛排 |
[20:15] | Are you the reverse of everything? | 你全部倒过来了吗 |
[20:17] | Actually, you know what, maybe I am. | 也许真的是 |
[20:19] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[20:21] | What was really up with you the other night? | 那天晚上你到底怎么了 |
[20:23] | Nothing, nothing. I was just tired. | 真的没什么 我就是太累了 |
[20:24] | I’ve been crazy busy at work. That doesn’t matter now. | 那天工作特别忙 现在都不重要了 |
[20:26] | Can I see you tonight? Do you want to have dinner? | 今晚见吗 你想一起吃晚餐 |
[20:28] | Go to a movie? Go to a club? | 看电影 还是去酒吧 |
[20:30] | I don’t know, I just want to see you. | 我就是想见你 |
[20:32] | Shit, tonight’s kind of tricky. | 糟糕 今晚可能不行 |
[20:36] | How about Tuesday? | 周二怎么样 |
[20:37] | Tuesday? Tuesday’s a-a lifetime away. | 周二 周二好像要一辈子以后了 |
[20:40] | Who even knows if we’ll make it to Tuesday? | 谁知道我们能不能活到周二 |
[20:42] | It’s tomorrow. I think we have a good chance. | 就是明天 我们还是有可能活到明天的 |
[20:44] | With you-know-who in power? | 那个神秘人管命 |
[20:46] | No, no, no, anything could happen in 24 hours. | 不不不 一天内什么都可能发生 |
[20:48] | Let’s just, come on, what’s wrong with tonight? | 就定… 拜托 今晚为什么不行 |
[20:49] | Okay, okay. What’s so special about tonight? | 好好 今晚有什么特别的 |
[20:53] | ‘Cause I don’t want to waste another day of not knowing you. | 因为我不想再浪费一天不与你相知 |
[20:58] | That’s nice. | 说得真好 |
[20:59] | So, see you tonight? | 那就今晚见 |
[21:01] | My place? I’ll cook? | 来我家 我做饭 |
[21:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:06] | Okay. Bye. | 好 拜 |
[21:11] | I don’t know about you, but… when I’m in this kind of mood, | 不知道你怎么样 但我这么开心时 |
[21:14] | it’s like I’m in the title sequence from my own TV show. | 就好像我身处自己电视节目的片头 |
[21:56] | How are you doing today, Lexi? | 你今天怎么样 莱克丝 |
[21:58] | Up or down? | 开心还是难过 |
[21:59] | What do you think, Alec? | 你觉得呢 亚历克 |
[22:28] | I got to clean the bipolar out of this place. | 我得清理这里的躁郁气息 |
[23:02] | Here was pure joy. | 这是纯粹的喜悦 |
[23:04] | Hollywood at its absolute, shameless best. | 好莱坞最无瑕闪耀的时刻 |
[23:08] | Every hair in place. | 头发一丝不乱 |
[23:09] | Every move a picture. Not a step wrong. | 每个举止如画 不出一丝差错 |
[23:13] | Then I remembered an oft quoted line by Rita Hayworth: | 然后我想起丽塔·海华斯常被引用的那句话 |
[23:17] | “Every man I knew went to bed with Gilda | “每个我认识的男人与吉尔达共眠 |
[23:21] | and woke up with me.” | 醒来却看到了我” |
[23:25] | And I felt very sad. | 然后我觉得很伤感 |
[24:14] | Please. | 拜托 |
[24:25] | Come on. Come on. | 开心起来 开心 |
[24:43] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[24:45] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 开心起来 开心起来 |
[24:48] | Come on, come on. Come on. | 要开心 要开心 |
[25:25] | And there it is. | 又来了 |
[25:27] | The silence. | 那种寂静 |
[25:29] | The sickening silence of another man walking out | 又一个男人还没走进大门 |
[25:33] | of my life before getting past the porch door. | 就笼罩我的生活的恶心寂静 |
[25:37] | A silence of my own making. | 我自己造成的寂静 |
[25:42] | Like a jealous, crazy mother shooing teenagers | 就像一个嫉妒作祟的疯狂老妈 |
[25:44] | from her doorstep with her daughter locked upstairs. | 把女儿锁在楼上 把男孩从门前都赶走 |
[25:50] | Would he have stayed? | 他会留下吗 |
[25:52] | Jeff? | 杰夫 |
[25:54] | If he had known? | 如果他知道 |
[26:02] | If I came clean that time in the supermarket and said, | 如果我在超市那次就坦白说 |
[26:06] | “By the way, I’m bipolar. | “对了 我有躁郁症 |
[26:08] | I’m dealing with it. Will you?” | 我在慢慢克服 你愿意吗” |
[26:12] | Would he have run for the hills or the frozen food section | 他会被吓跑吗 跑到冷冻食品区 |
[26:15] | with an “okeydokey” and a polite smile? | 礼貌笑着说”好吧” |
[26:19] | Here was a man who didn’t want his peaches bruised. | 他是一个连蹭烂的桃子都不要的人 |
[26:22] | How would he deal with a damaged psyche? | 他会怎么对待一个精神病 |
[26:26] | Please come back, don’t come back. | 请你回来 不要回来 |
[26:28] | Please come back, don’t come back. | 请你回来 不要回来 |
[26:31] | Please… come back. | 请你…回来 |
[26:42] | And then, lying there, | 然后 躺在那里 |
[26:46] | with a perfectly sweet, beautiful man | 而一个特别可爱 漂亮的男人 |
[26:50] | walking away from my door… | 从我门前离开 |
[26:54] | something told me this had to stop. | 直觉告诉我不能再这样了 |
[26:56] | Not the illness– that’ll never stop– | 不是说疾病 它永远好不了 |
[26:58] | but-but not giving people a chance | 而是不给人机会 |
[27:01] | to make up their own mind about me. | 自己看我是什么样的人 |
[27:04] | To giving them at least some cards in the game. | 至少给他们一些机会 |
[27:07] | Surely, there’s someone out there | 肯定会有人 |
[27:10] | who will take me for who I am. | 会接受这样的我 |
[27:13] | One human being who accepts the two people in you. | 会有人接受我的两面 |
[27:17] | You can’t show only one part of yourself to someone. | 不能只给别人看其中一面 |
[27:20] | That’s Hollywood. That’s Gilda. | 那是好莱坞 那是吉尔达 |
[27:21] | And it’s beautiful… | 那样很美 |
[27:25] | but it can’t last. | 却不能长久 |
[27:42] | Wait up. | 等等 |
[27:45] | Weren’t you gonna say goodbye? | 你不准备道别吗 |
[27:47] | Of course. I ju– you know, I… | 当然要 我只是… |
[27:50] | I just didn’t want to make a big deal about it. | 我只是不想小题大做 |
[27:53] | I’m sorry the decision didn’t go your way. | 抱歉这个决定不如你意 |
[27:56] | I’m gonna be lost without you here. | 你不在了 我肯定会迷茫 |
[27:58] | It’s fine. It’s fine. Uh… | 没事 没关系 |
[28:00] | I like moving on anyway. | 我本来也很喜欢向前看 |
[28:02] | Someplace new; it’s exciting. | 换个新地方 很令人期待 |
[28:06] | Can we get coffee? | 能去喝杯咖啡吗 |
[28:08] | Yeah, sure, of course. | 当然可以 |
[28:09] | Okay. One second. | 好 稍等 |
[28:14] | Oh, you meant now. | 原来你是说现在 |
[28:20] | So where you gonna go? | 以后你打算去哪里 |
[28:22] | I don’t know. | 还不知道 |
[28:24] | Um, I have some savings, so I don’t need to find | 我还有一些存款 所以也不着急 |
[28:25] | a job right away, but, uh, | 不用立刻找工作 不过 |
[28:27] | I might take some time off, maybe do some traveling. | 我可能会休息一段时间 也许去旅行 |
[28:29] | With your supermarket boy? How’s that going, by the way? | 跟你的超市男吗 你跟他怎么样了 |
[28:32] | Oh, uh, that didn’t take. | 没成 |
[28:33] | – Oh, I’m sorry. – Yeah. | -我很遗憾 -没事 |
[28:34] | You really get through them, don’t you? | 你还真是万花丛中过啊 |
[28:37] | I guess it looks like that. | 看起来也许是吧 |
[28:39] | Well, I guess you’re only young once. | 毕竟人只年轻一次 |
[28:46] | I’m bipolar. | 我有躁郁症 |
[28:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:52] | Yes. | 对 |
[28:54] | I have been since I was 15. | 从我15岁起就有了 |
[28:56] | How come you never told me? | 你怎么从来没告诉过我 |
[28:58] | Come on, who wants to hire someone | 谁愿意雇一个有精神疾病的人 |
[29:00] | with a mental illness in entertainment law? | 进娱乐法律部门做事 |
[29:02] | Aren’t we crazy enough? | 我们还不够疯狂吗 |
[29:06] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:09] | So why are you telling me now? | 那你为什么现在告诉我了 |
[29:12] | Because you’re more than work. | 因为你对我来说不只是同事 |
[29:15] | And you should know what you’re dealing with | 如果我们以后会在办公室外见面 |
[29:17] | if we’re gonna see each other outside of the office. | 你应该知道我是怎样的人 |
[29:19] | Which I would like. | 因为我希望见面 |
[29:21] | But I have incredibly low periods. | 但我有时候情绪非常低落 |
[29:23] | So low that I can barely move. | 低落到我甚至不想动 |
[29:28] | I am impossible to be around. | 别人很难跟我相处 |
[29:30] | I, uh, can barely answer the phone. | 我几乎接不了电话 |
[29:32] | I’m totally unreliable as a friend– in fact, in some ways, | 我是个完全靠不住的朋友 某种程度上说 |
[29:35] | I’m probably the worst friend you could ever have. | 我大概是最糟糕的那种朋友 |
[29:37] | Uh, I don’t check a single box. | 不满足任何好朋友的要求 |
[29:40] | I have a meeting five minutes ago. | 五分钟前我有个会议 |
[29:44] | – Okay. – Phyllis? | -好 -菲利斯 |
[29:45] | Hey. Those guys from admin in my office, | 管理员那边到了我办公室的人 |
[29:48] | tell them we have to cancel today. | 你跟他们说我今天去不了了 |
[29:50] | I’ll see them tomorrow. | 明天再见面 |
[29:52] | Yeah, I know, tell them I’m really sorry. | 是啊 你跟他们说我真的很抱歉 |
[30:01] | You want to get lunch? | 要来点午餐吗 |
[30:09] | Can we get a menu? | 给我们一份菜单好吗 |
[30:13] | So where are you right now, mood-wise? | 你现在的心情如何 |
[30:16] | I’m coming off of a low. | 刚进入我的坏心情 |
[30:18] | Tonight I’ll be pretty manic. | 今天晚上我大概会很狂躁 |
[30:22] | You’re the first person I’ve ever told about this. | 这是我第一次跟别人说这件事 |
[30:25] | How does it feel telling me? | 告诉我的感觉如何 |
[30:34] | Like-like an elephant’s taken one of its feet off my chest. | 就像一头大象从我胸口挪了一只脚下去 |
[30:45] | I’m so glad you’ve told me. | 你能告诉我 我很开心 |
[30:48] | It explains so much. | 让我明白了许多事 |
[30:51] | If anything, not knowing | 在知道这些事之前 |
[30:52] | made it a little difficult to connect with you fully, | 我很难跟你完全心意相通 |
[30:56] | the way I would have wanted. | 至少不是按照我希望的方式 |
[31:02] | So you want to get a drink sometime? | 你想偶尔一起喝一杯吗 |
[31:05] | You want to go to the movies? | 你想去看电影吗 |
[31:06] | You want to see people? | 你想看人吗 |
[31:07] | All of the above. | 以上全选 |
[31:11] | You are the most fun I’ve ever been around. | 你是我见过最有趣的人 |
[31:14] | I’m not letting that go. | 我不会放手 |
[31:19] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢你 |
[31:23] | Thank you. | 我该谢谢你 |
[31:28] | It’s amazing what trusting | 信任一个真正的朋友 |
[31:31] | one true friend in your life can do. | 能对你的生活产生巨大的影响 |
[31:34] | Once I told Sylvia, | 我告诉西尔维娅之后 |
[31:35] | it seemed like the cat was out of the bag. | 就像终于放走了装在袋子里的猫 |
[31:37] | I rang old boyfriends from over the years, | 我给多年来的前男友们打电话 |
[31:40] | colleagues I had just stopped calling for no reason. | 还联系了莫名不再通话的同事 |
[31:42] | I felt almost proud of my condition. | 我甚至有点因我的病而骄傲 |
[31:44] | It turns out I’m bipolar. | 原来我有躁郁症 |
[31:46] | It was cathartic, strangely healing, | 他们如此理解包容我 |
[31:49] | how forgiving and understanding they were. | 令我大感痛快的同时甚至被治愈了不少 |
[31:53] | And how little credit I had given so many people. | 以及我对许多人都太缺乏感恩了 |
[31:56] | And I promised myself no person | 于是我向自己保证 |
[31:58] | would not know the full story of me. | 要向每个人介绍全部的自己 |
[32:02] | The good, | 好的 |
[32:02] | – Oh, my gosh, that’s unbelievable. – the bad… | -天哪 我太震惊了 -坏的 |
[32:04] | …and the mad. | 疯狂的 |
[32:06] | How’s she doing? | 她还好吗 |
[32:08] | Jeff was a couple years ago. | 杰夫已经是几年前的事了 |
[32:09] | Two long years since, | 自那以后又过了两年 |
[32:11] | of searching for just the right doctor | 我一直在找对的医生 |
[32:13] | and just the right dose. | 找对的药 |
[32:15] | I know there’s no cure for the chemical imbalance in my brain, | 我知道我脑内的化学平衡无药可救 |
[32:18] | any more than there’s a cure for love. | 正如这世上也没有爱情的解药一样 |
[32:20] | But there is a little yellow pill I’m very fond of, | 但是我有一个很喜欢的黄色药片 |
[32:25] | and a pale blue one, | 还有一个灰蓝色的 |
[32:26] | and some pretty pink capsules, | 还有很多漂亮的粉色胶囊 |
[32:28] | and a handful of other colors | 还有一把其他颜色的 |
[32:30] | that have turned my life around. | 它们彻底改变了我的生活 |
[32:32] | I have moods, but… | 我会有情绪 但是 |
[32:34] | they don’t send me spinning into an alternate persona. | 他们不会让我变成另外一个人格 |
[32:37] | And I’m back in the dating circle. | 而且我重新开始物色对象了 |
[32:41] | Obviously, seeing as how you’re reading this. | 这很明显 毕竟你看到了这个 |
[32:44] | I thought about Tinder, but then I just settled | 我想过用探探 但是我还是选择了 |
[32:46] | for the old-fashioned Web dating service. | 传统的网络相亲服务 |
[32:49] | And so here I am. | 所以我来了 |
[32:53] | This is me. | 这就是我 |
[32:54] | If this doesn’t scare you off, | 如果你没有被吓跑的话 |
[32:56] | then feel free to leave me a message. | 可以给我留个言 |