时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:28] | Beautiful day out there, | 外面天气很好 |
[01:29] | but there is a thunderstorm forecast | 但预报今天下午晚些时候 |
[01:31] | for later this afternoon. | 有雷雨 |
[01:32] | So if you are going out, remember to bring an umbrella. | 如果你要外出 记得带伞 |
[01:35] | Here’s Schubert’s “Serenade No. 4” | 接下来播放舒伯特 |
[01:37] | from the Swan Songs. | 天鹅绝唱的《小夜曲》 |
[02:07] | – Hi, Mom. – Hey. | -妈 -你好 |
[02:11] | Did you sleep? | 你有睡觉吗 |
[02:12] | A little. | 睡了一会 |
[02:14] | It’s 11:30. | 现在已经十一点半了 |
[02:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:22] | I’ll put on some coffee. | 我去煮点咖啡 |
[02:59] | Poor guy. | 可怜的家伙 |
[03:00] | – Who? – Him. | -谁 -他 |
[03:02] | I noticed him at the start. | 我一开始就注意到他了 |
[03:04] | I’ll bet you did. | 我猜你也是 |
[03:05] | No. | 不 |
[03:06] | I mean, I noticed that he went out too fast. | 我注意到他起步太快了 |
[03:09] | Well, he’s paying for it now. | 他现在就在付出代价 |
[03:11] | He looks done. | 他看起来没劲了 |
[03:13] | Maybe he just needs a bit of encouragement. | 也许他只是需要一点鼓励 |
[03:17] | Come on, buddy. You can do it. | 快 伙计 你可以的 |
[03:31] | Hmm. I’m getting worried. | 我有点担心了 |
[03:32] | Do you think it’s possible that something | 你觉得他身上 |
[03:34] | could have happened to him? | 可能发生了什么事吗 |
[03:35] | Well, surely someone would have noticed. | 肯定有人会注意到的 |
[03:38] | I’d be very disappointed if he died | 如果在我有机会约他出来之前 |
[03:40] | before I had the chance to ask him out. | 他就死了的话我会很失望的 |
[03:41] | Don’t even joke about that, Margot. | 别拿这开玩笑 玛戈 |
[03:43] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[03:44] | Go on, Ken. | 继续 肯 |
[03:45] | You got this. | 你可以的 |
[03:46] | Thanks… | 谢谢… |
[03:48] | for the escort, fellas. | 谢谢护送 各位 |
[03:49] | Sorry for keeping you so late. | 抱歉耽误了你们这么久 |
[03:51] | But seriously, Ken, uh, golf… | 但说真的 肯 高尔夫… |
[03:54] | is really gonna be your thing. | 真的适合你 |
[03:56] | Don’t listen to him, man. | 别听他的 哥们 |
[03:57] | Get a massage. | 去按摩一下 |
[04:01] | Well, that was humiliating. | 那可太丢人了 |
[04:03] | Not at all. It’s just a fun run. | 并不 很有意思 |
[04:06] | That was the opposite of fun. | 那跟有意思一点边都不沾 |
[04:10] | They were… genuinely worried | 他们真的很担心 |
[04:13] | they were gonna have to break out | 他们要拿出 |
[04:14] | – the defibrillator. – Don’t be silly. | -除颤器 -别说傻话了 |
[04:16] | Oh, no. Oh, they kept asking… | 不 他们一直问… |
[04:19] | if they could… | 他们能不能… |
[04:20] | drive me the last bit. I said, | 最后那部分开车载我 我说 |
[04:22] | “No. I’m gonna complete the course.” | “不 我自己完成” |
[04:25] | Good for you. | 你可真厉害 |
[04:27] | How come you’re still here? | 你怎么还在这里 |
[04:28] | You must’ve finished ages ago. | 你应该早就到了 |
[04:30] | We’re just, um, warming down. | 我们在拉伸 |
[04:33] | I love a good long warm-down. | 我喜欢拉伸久一点 |
[04:36] | Huh, smart. | 机智 |
[04:39] | Were you jogging on your own? | 你自己慢跑吗 |
[04:40] | Or you have a buddy? | 还是你有伙伴一起 |
[04:42] | Oh, on my own. | 我自己一个人 |
[04:43] | Maybe you’d like to think about joining our club. | 也许你可以考虑一下加入我们 |
[04:46] | Oh, well… | 好… |
[04:48] | I-I think… I’d enjoy that. | 我想… 我会很乐意的 |
[04:51] | Yeah, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:54] | Do you mind if I open a window? | 你介意我开窗户吗 |
[04:56] | It’s like a sweatbox in here. | 这里太闷热了 |
[04:57] | Oh, sure. | 你开吧 |
[04:59] | Ken likes the thermostat way up. | 肯喜欢把恒温器的温度调高 |
[05:02] | His blood runs a little colder than mine. | 他的血要比我的冷一些 |
[05:06] | Have you decided what you’re wearing? | 你决定好你穿什么了吗 |
[05:09] | Uh, well, there should be a black pantsuit | 穿黑色套装 |
[05:11] | in the… dry cleaning bag in the closet. | 在衣柜里的干洗袋里 |
[05:15] | Got you. | 找到了 |
[05:16] | Shoes? | 鞋呢 |
[05:17] | I’ll pick them. | 我来拿 |
[05:27] | – I got it. – Oh, thank you. | -我来吧 -谢谢 |
[05:35] | I’ll leave you to get ready. | 我不打扰你准备了 |
[05:45] | – Are you okay? – No pain, no gain. | -你还好吗 -一分耕耘一分收获 |
[05:48] | That’s right. No guts, no glory. | 对 付出才有收获 |
[05:50] | You’re doing great today. | 你今天很棒 |
[05:52] | Oh, I’m using a pacemaker. | 我用起搏器了 |
[05:54] | Really? The heart kind? | 真的吗 心脏那种吗 |
[05:55] | No, no. The people kind. | 不 不 人那种 |
[05:59] | Uh, I pick a runner doing a nice gentle pace, | 我跟着一个节奏很好的人跑 |
[06:01] | fall in behind and they tow me along. | 他们带着我跑 |
[06:05] | Now when you say “They,” Do you really mean “She”? | 你说的”他们” 是”她”的意思吗 |
[06:07] | No, th-that makes me sound… | 不 那让我听起来… |
[06:09] | Sleazy? | 不正派 |
[06:11] | I was gonna say superficial. | 我本来要说肤浅的 |
[06:13] | I was teasing you. | 我跟你开玩笑呢 |
[06:16] | It could be argued, though, that… | 不过这可能会有争议的… |
[06:18] | the only thing that motivates men to do anything | 能驱使男人做任何事的唯一的事 |
[06:20] | – is chasing women. – Oh, is that true? | -就是追女人 -真的吗 |
[06:24] | Are you like that? | 你是这样的吗 |
[06:26] | Well, uh… | 好吧… |
[06:28] | I was, I suspect. | 我怀疑我是 |
[06:31] | Till I met my Betty. | 直到我遇到我的贝蒂 |
[06:35] | When did she die? | 她什么时候死的 |
[06:36] | If you don’t mind my asking you. | 如果你不介意我问的话 |
[06:38] | Six years ago. | 六年前 |
[06:40] | – Cancer. – I’m sorry. | -癌症 -我很遗憾 |
[06:42] | Oh, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[06:44] | I was lucky. | 我很幸运了 |
[06:46] | We were married 36 years. | 我们结婚36年 |
[06:51] | Ken, um… | 肯… |
[06:55] | it’s obvious that you loved your Betty very much, | 很明显你很爱你的贝蒂 |
[06:58] | and I have great respect for your marriage, | 我很尊重你们的婚姻 |
[07:01] | but I think you may have room in your heart for me, too, | 但我想你心里可能也有我的位置 |
[07:05] | or someone like me. | 或者有像我一样的人的位置 |
[07:06] | I don’t know anyone like you. | 我不认识像你一样的人 |
[07:17] | Six years sounds like a lot, but… | 六年听起来有很久 但… |
[07:21] | I’m more tortoise than hare. | 比起兔子来说 我更像是乌龟 |
[07:24] | Well, maybe if I slowed down, | 也许如果我慢下来 |
[07:28] | you wouldn’t have to chase me. We could run at our own pace. | 你就不用追我 我们可以用我们自己的节奏跑 |
[07:34] | Well, could you though? | 你可以吗 |
[07:40] | I was able to get someone to cover at work, by the way, | 顺便说一下 我能找人帮我盯着工作 |
[07:43] | so I can stay on a few days. | 这样我就能待几天 |
[07:47] | Middle of next week, at least. | 至少能待到下周三左右 |
[07:49] | Then it’s gonna start getting tricky. | 再多待就有点难了 |
[07:52] | I’m glad. Thank you for that. | 我很开心 谢谢你这么做 |
[07:59] | Are you gonna run the 10K in Newport next week? | 你下周去纽波特跑10公里吗 |
[08:01] | I was planning on it, yes. | 我计划去 |
[08:03] | Would you like to go together? | 你想一起去吗 |
[08:05] | That-that would be nice. | 好的 |
[08:09] | I mean, not just as jogging buddies. | 不是仅仅作为慢跑伙伴 |
[08:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:17] | W-What I mean is, | 我的意思是 |
[08:18] | if I made a reservation for a room with one bed, | 我订一间大床房 |
[08:22] | would that be okay? | 可以吗 |
[08:26] | That would be lovely. | 挺好的 |
[08:39] | Oh, Ken. | 肯 |
[08:45] | You didn’t have to do all this. | 你不用这样的 |
[08:51] | You realize I won’t ever want to travel separately again. | 你知道我再也不想分开旅行了 |
[08:56] | That’s fine, ’cause I don’t either. | 没事的 因为我也不想 |
[09:10] | Oh, I got that. | 我来拿 |
[09:15] | Ah, no going back now. | 没有退路了 |
[09:17] | No going back. | 绝不反悔 |
[09:20] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[09:23] | Oh, God, are we becoming | 天 我们要变成 |
[09:26] | like one of those really self-satisfied couples | 那种在保险或者步入式浴缸的广告里看到的 |
[09:28] | that you see in ads for insurance or walk-in bathtubs? | 秀恩爱的情侣了吗 |
[09:31] | Is that what you’re afraid of? | 那是你所害怕的吗 |
[09:33] | No, what? No. It’s… | 不 什么 不是 是… |
[09:36] | what I want. | 我想要的 |
[09:37] | I mean, is anybody in life really happy like that? | 生活中真的有人那么快乐吗 |
[09:41] | We are, right now. We’re that happy. | 我们现在就是 我们就是那么快乐 |
[09:44] | I am, anyway. | 反正我很快乐 |
[10:23] | I will now call on Margot | 现在请玛戈 |
[10:25] | to share a few personal memories of Kenji. | 分享一些和肯治的私人回忆 |
[10:41] | The last time | 上次 |
[10:42] | that we were all together like this | 我们这样聚在一起 |
[10:47] | was our joint 140th birthday party | 是在我们庆祝我们加起来140岁的生日派对上 |
[10:51] | when we announced our engagement. | 我们宣布订婚 |
[10:55] | I’m sorry now that we didn’t have a bigger wedding reception, | 很抱歉我们没有举行更大的婚宴 |
[11:00] | but I suppose I imagined | 但我想 |
[11:01] | we would have many opportunities. | 我们有很多机会 |
[11:04] | Ken was not so certain of that. | 肯并不那么确定 |
[11:08] | I remember him saying once | 我记得他有一次说 |
[11:12] | that at our age, “Until death do us part” | 我们这个年纪”直到死亡把我们分离” |
[11:16] | didn’t seem like such a big commitment. | 似乎并不是什么重大承诺 |
[11:21] | Old love is different. | 夕阳恋是不一样的 |
[11:24] | More realistic maybe. | 可能更现实 |
[11:27] | Um, when Ken and I met, | 当肯和我相遇的时候 |
[11:28] | we had already been through many ups and downs in life, | 我们已经经历过人生中的很多起起伏伏了 |
[11:32] | and we had learned how to compromise, | 我们学会了如何妥协 |
[11:36] | and we had survived | 我们经历过 |
[11:38] | loss and mistakes. | 损失和错误 |
[11:41] | And somehow we felt if this relationship failed, | 不知怎的 我们觉得如果这段感情失败了 |
[11:45] | we would survive this, too. | 我们也可以活下去 |
[11:50] | I’m not so sure about that anymore. | 我现在不那么确定了 |
[11:55] | Old love | 夕阳恋 |
[11:56] | is different yet, it is also the same | 是不一样的 又是一样的 |
[12:00] | because Ken and I did everything | 因为肯和我做了年轻人会做的 |
[12:04] | that young people do. | 所有事 |
[12:07] | We fell in love, we traveled, | 我们相爱 旅行 |
[12:09] | we remodeled a house together, | 一起重建了房子 |
[12:11] | we planted a garden, | 建了花园 |
[12:14] | I finished a memoir, | 我写完了一本自传 |
[12:17] | he called me “Sweetheart.” | 他叫我”宝贝” |
[12:20] | And on nights when we were out in company, | 晚上当我们一起出去的时候 |
[12:22] | all I had to do was glance across the room, | 我只需要一眼 |
[12:25] | and he’d intuit that it was time for him | 他就知道是时候 |
[12:27] | to take me home where we could sit on the rim of the bathtub | 带我回家 我们可以坐在浴缸边上 |
[12:31] | and floss our teeth | 剔牙 |
[12:33] | and gossip about the evening. | 八卦晚上的事 |
[12:38] | Every time we passed each other in the house, Ken made a point | 每次我们在房子里擦肩而过的时候 肯会停下来 |
[12:42] | of stopping to kiss me or squeeze my shoulder | 亲吻我或者按我的肩膀 |
[12:45] | or stroke my hand. | 或者摸我的手 |
[12:47] | I never had that in my life before, | 之前我从未被这样对待过 |
[12:50] | and sometimes it irked me, | 有的时候这让我很苦恼 |
[12:52] | but now I think it’s the thing that I will miss the most. | 但现在我想这是我最想念的事了 |
[12:57] | He and I often told each other, | 我们俩经常对对方说 |
[12:59] | “We are so lucky,” | “我们太幸运了” |
[13:04] | and we were. | 我们的确很幸运 |
[13:07] | Young love, | 年轻的爱 |
[13:08] | even for old people, can be surprisingly bountiful. | 甚至对于老人来说 都可以很浓烈 |
[13:14] | Many of you know that Ken and I met when we were running. | 你们有很多人都知道肯和我是在跑步的时候认识的 |
[13:18] | The geriatric Olympics, he called it. | 他称之为老年奥林匹克 |
[13:21] | You know, in the beginning, I chased him | 一开始 我追他 |
[13:23] | and then he chased me, and finally we found a way | 然后他追我 最后我们终于找到了 |
[13:27] | to run in lockstep. | 同样的节奏 |
[13:31] | And the tough uphill bits, the bits with illnesses and setbacks, | 艰难的上坡路 疾病 挫折 |
[13:36] | went a little easier, | 可以简单些 |
[13:37] | and the pleasant downhill parts were that much more joyful. | 下坡会更愉快些 |
[13:48] | And now Ken has… | 现在肯… |
[13:51] | run the course. | 跑完了全程 |
[13:57] | I just, um… I don’t know | 我… 不知道 |
[14:00] | how I’m going to manage, frankly. | 怎么办 坦白讲 |
[14:08] | Right now it feels like a bit of a slog. | 现在我觉得有点艰难 |
[14:12] | But wherever he is, and however long it takes, | 但无论他在哪 要花多长时间 |
[14:16] | I hope he’ll wait for me. | 我希望他等着我 |
[14:23] | Are you going to join us for some food? | 你要和我们一起吃点东西吗 |
[14:24] | We’d love you to come. | 我们希望你来 |
[14:26] | I wouldn’t miss it. | 我会去的 |
[14:27] | Great. I’ll see you there. | 好 到那里见 |
[14:29] | Mom, the car’s ready. | 妈 车准备好了 |
[14:31] | I think that I’m going to walk. | 我想出去走走 |
[14:34] | – You sure? – I need some air. | -你确定吗 -我要透透气 |
[14:35] | At least take an umbrella. I think it might rain. | 至少拿把伞 我觉得可能会下雨 |
[14:37] | Don’t fuss, Chris. I’ll be fine. | 别大惊小怪 克里斯 我没事的 |
[14:40] | – Do you want some company? – No, thank you, Janice. | -要我陪你吗 -不用了 谢谢 珍妮丝 |
[14:43] | I’ll see you in a bit. | 等等见 |
[16:51] | Just tell them you changed your mind. | 告诉他们你改变主意了 |
[16:52] | I haven’t changed my mind. I’m just… just not sure. | 我没改变主意 我只是… 只是不确定 |
[16:55] | I mean, I get it. Two gay men bringing up a baby. | 我明白 两个男同带大一个孩子 |
[16:59] | It’s some pretty wacky stuff right there. | 可能会遇到很奇怪的问题 |
[17:00] | It’s not that, you fucking rube. | 不是那个 你个乡巴佬 |
[17:01] | It’s just… I just want to make sure | 是… 我只是想确保 |
[17:03] | they’re gonna stay together. | 他们会一直一起 |
[17:04] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:07] | My dad left when I was three. | 我爸在我三岁的时候就走了 |
[17:08] | You never saw yours. | 你从没见过你父母 |
[17:09] | Seems like everyone on the street | 似乎街上的每个人 |
[17:10] | basically raised themselves. | 都是自己养大自己的 |
[17:12] | I just… I just want a couple | 我只是… 我只是想要个伙伴 |
[17:13] | that’s gonna stay together for a while. | 能在一起 |
[17:16] | How can anyone guarantee something like that? | 有人能那样保证吗 |
[17:20] | Look… you go on up. | 你上去 |
[17:23] | If you get spooked, I’ll be here. | 如果你被吓到的话 我就在这 |
[17:25] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不用这样做的 |
[17:27] | – You got lots of options. – Like what? | -你有很多选择 -比如 |
[17:29] | Hell, I’ll help you raise the little guy. | 去他大爷的 我帮你养大那个小家伙 |
[17:31] | We can live right here in the van. | 我们可以住在车里 |
[17:38] | – Don’t go anywhere. – I will not. | -待在原地 别乱走 -我不会乱走的 |
[17:40] | Homer. Homer, this way. | 霍默 霍默 这边 |
[17:43] | – Hey. – Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[17:44] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[17:45] | Oh, both of you! | 你们俩 |
[17:49] | Three of you! | 三个 |
[17:49] | I’ve turned Tobin’s study into a baby room, | 我把托宾的书房变成了婴儿房 |
[17:51] | and I’ve painted it half blue, | 漆成了半蓝半粉的 |
[17:53] | half pink, you know, covering both bases. | 两边都照顾到 |
[17:54] | Not that we want to impose our gender stereotypes, | 我们绝不是想把我们的性别刻板印象 |
[17:57] | – God forbid. – Let me ask you a question. | -施加给孩子 -我问你个问题 |
[17:58] | Oh, great. Yup. Go. | 好 问吧 |
[18:00] | Baby quiz, you ready? Yeah. | 婴儿小考 准备好了吗 |
[18:01] | Baby quiz. | 婴儿小考 |
[18:02] | Yeah, that’s true. You’re hearing it right. | 没错 你没听错 |
[18:04] | – Yeah. – It’s a fun thing. | -对 -很有意思的 |
[18:05] | I’m asking a question. So, what does it mean | 宝宝拉绿屎 |
[18:08] | when the baby’s poo is green? | 意味着什么 |
[18:09] | – I don’t know. – What do you mean, “Pass”? | -不知道 -过 什么叫”过” |
[18:10] | – Pass. I don’t know. – Means the baby is sick. | -过 我不知道 -意味着宝宝病了 |
[18:12] | Why don’t we just… | 我们还是到时看吧 |
[18:14] | You want us to just find out… | 你想要到时… |
[18:24] | So where’s my room? | 我的房间在哪 |
[19:02] | Hey! Hey! | 停下 停下 |
[19:04] | Guzmin! | 古兹明 |
[19:11] | What are you doing here? | 你干什么呢 |
[19:12] | Are you following me? | 你跟踪我吗 |
[19:14] | No. Not in that way. | 没 没有 |
[19:16] | You left without an umbrella. | 你没带伞就出去了 |
[19:17] | I told you the whole week it’s going to rain. | 我跟你说了这一周都要下雨 |
[19:19] | It’s not going to rain. Okay? | 不会下雨的 好吗 |
[19:20] | ‘Cause my phone says it’s passing. | 因为我的手机上说已经下过去了 |
[19:22] | I am doorman. I never get weather wrong. | 我是门卫 从没搞错过天气 |
[19:25] | Well, I hope that you are not here to lecture me | 希望你不是来这里 |
[19:28] | on what it is you think I should do. Okay? | 对你认为我应该做的事进行说教的 好吗 |
[19:30] | ‘Cause I was just meeting with someone in there, | 因为我刚刚遇到了一个人 |
[19:33] | um… to talk. | 聊了聊 |
[19:34] | I was just talking. I actually– | 聊了聊 我实际上… |
[19:37] | No. I’m not gonna– I’m not gonna sit here | 不 我不… 我不会就在这里 |
[19:38] | and defend myself. | 为自己辩解 |
[19:40] | Um, I was discussing my options, | 我在讨论我的选择 |
[19:42] | because I do have options, | 因为我有的选择 |
[19:43] | and I am allowed to change my mind, | 我是可以改变主意的 |
[19:44] | and I don’t have to do anything that you say. | 我不用什么都按你说的做 |
[19:46] | Or that my parents say, or that anyone else says. | 或者按我父母说的 或是其他人说的 |
[19:50] | I promise you I am here for no reason. | 我向你保证我不是为了什么来这里的 |
[19:53] | You do whatever you need to do. | 你要做什么就做什么 |
[19:55] | Nothing will change me. | 什么都不会改变我的 |
[19:57] | Or any people who really love you. | 或任何真正爱你的人 |
[19:59] | I’m just here with the umbrella. | 我就是来这里送伞 |
[20:06] | Did you say you loved me? | 你刚刚说你爱我吗 |
[20:08] | I said it is going to rain. | 我说要下雨了 |
[20:11] | And it is going to rain. | 的确要下雨了 |
[20:13] | Whatever you decide to do, you’ll need your strength. | 无论你决定怎么做 你会需要你的力量 |
[20:17] | And you will not need a cold. | 你不需要感冒 |
[20:21] | Yeah. | 好 |
[20:24] | Well, it’s not going to rain, actually. | 实际上是不会下雨的 |
[20:27] | Guzmin, okay, I don’t know how many times… | 古兹明 好 我不知道有多少次… |
[20:31] | Oh, my God… | 我的天… |
[21:03] | Oh, my gosh! | 我的天… |
[21:05] | – Oh, no. – It’s so good to see you. | -不 -很高兴见到你 |
[21:07] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[21:08] | Oh, my gosh, and you, too. | 我的天 我也很高兴见到你 |
[21:10] | – This is… – I have so much to tell you. | -这是… -我有好多话要告诉你 |
[21:11] | – You do? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[21:13] | What? | 什么 |
[21:14] | Emma and I got back together again. | 艾玛和我复合了 |
[21:16] | No. | 不是吧 |
[21:18] | No. | 不是吧 |
[21:19] | That is fantastic. Are you kidding? | 那太棒了 你不是在开玩笑吧 |
[21:21] | Who-who-who is Emma? | 谁是艾玛 |
[21:23] | – I wrote a piece a-about him a while back. – Yeah. | -我不久前写过关于他的文章 -好 |
[21:26] | – It’s a long story. I’ll tell you about it. – And then, she-she, | -很长 我给你讲 -然后 她… |
[21:28] | – she read your piece and we… – She did? | -她读了… -她读了 |
[21:30] | – …we met up, and… – Oh, my gosh. | -我们见面… -我的天 |
[21:33] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[21:35] | Thank you. Uh, because… | 谢谢 因为… |
[21:37] | – I-I have you to thank for this. – No– my app? | -这我得感谢你 -不 我的应用软件 |
[21:40] | – Yes. – You’re using my app? | -是的 -你有在用 |
[21:41] | – Yeah, yeah. – See? | -是的 是的 -看到了吗 |
[21:44] | And you’re, you’re gorgeous. | 你 你真帅 |
[21:47] | – Jesus. – I know. | -天啊 -我懂 |
[21:48] | – That’s amazing. Look after this one. – Yeah. | -那太棒了 看啊 -是啊 |
[21:51] | – Yeah. – Thank you. | -是啊 -谢谢 |
[21:52] | Anyway, look, I-I don’t want to interrupt, | 不管怎样 我不想打扰你们 |
[21:54] | – so I just– you know. – I’ll e-mail you. | -我就… -我会给你发邮件的 |
[21:56] | Want you to meet Emma. | 想让你见一下爱玛 |
[21:57] | And-and rate my app, all right? | 评价一下我的应用 好吗 |
[21:59] | – All right. Goodbye. Bye. – Yeah. | -好 再见 再见 -好 |
[22:02] | – Catch you next time. – Bye. | -下次见 -再见 |
[22:29] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[22:31] | Rain. Of course. | 下雨了 当然 |
[22:41] | I love these summer storms. | 我喜欢夏天的风暴 |
[22:46] | It’s like, uh, all the heat and the tension of the city | 就像把城市所有的热和压力 |
[22:49] | builds up and has to be discharged, huh? | 聚集在一起 释放出来 |
[22:54] | You’re a pretty chatty guy, huh? | 你是一个很爱说话的人 是吗 |
[22:57] | Honestly, it’s very nice that you’re confident enough | 说实话 你有自信与一个彻底的陌生人交谈 |
[23:00] | to talk to a complete stranger, | 这点是好的 |
[23:02] | but right now, I’m just sort of happy | 但现在 我觉得 |
[23:04] | to stand here and stare out at the rain. | 站在这里 看下雨挺开心的 |
[23:07] | Is that okay? | 可以吗 |
[23:09] | Are you usually this misanthropic? | 你经常这么厌世吗 |
[23:14] | Actually, no. | 实际上不是的 |
[23:15] | I’ve just been stood up by someone | 我站在一个 |
[23:17] | who I really thought might lead to something. | 我真的觉得可能有所发展的人的旁边 |
[23:19] | And I don’t mind if it’s after a first date | 我不介意是不是在第一次约会之后 |
[23:21] | or something, you know, you meet someone | 还是什么的 你见到一个人 |
[23:22] | and they’re not for you, but… without meeting you? | 他们并不适合你 但… 没见过你 |
[23:26] | You don’t even have a chance to make an impression. | 你甚至都没机会给人留下印象 |
[23:28] | I’m sorry that I’m not more magnanimous | 抱歉我现在没那么大度 |
[23:30] | and big-hearted right now. | 心没那么大 |
[23:33] | – Have a nice day. – Uh, wait. | -祝你过得愉快 -等一下 |
[23:40] | Look, I can’t imagine what you just said feels like. | 我不知道你刚刚说的感觉 |
[23:44] | I’ve literally never had anyone not go on a date with me. | 我从没碰到过有人不和我约会的 |
[23:47] | No kidding. | 是吗 |
[23:50] | But I’m thinking, | 但我在想 |
[23:51] | like my mother used to say, | 像我妈以前说的 |
[23:53] | whenever anything bad happens, you should try | 当有坏事发生的时候 你应该试一下 |
[23:55] | and recalibrate the universe or whatever you want to call it | 重新校准宇宙 或者随你 |
[23:58] | with its opposite. | 怎么用不同的话叫它 |
[23:59] | Right. Universe, recalibration. | 对 宇宙 重新校准 |
[24:01] | – Got it. – Wait, w-wait. | -明白了 -等等 等一下 |
[24:02] | If somebody cuts you off in traffic, | 如果有人加塞 |
[24:04] | you just are extra generous | 你要对想要出去的下一个人 |
[24:06] | with the next person who wants to get out. | 特别大度 |
[24:08] | If somebody steals your wallet, | 如果有人偷了你的钱包 |
[24:09] | you go to the poor box and make a donation. | 你就去捐款箱捐钱 |
[24:11] | You’ve just been stood up. You feel like shit, right? | 你刚被放了鸽子 感觉很糟 对吗 |
[24:16] | What if life gives you another date? | 如果生活给了你另一个约会呢 |
[24:19] | Right now? | 就现在 |
[24:26] | Are you for real? | 你认真的吗 |
[25:01] | Shit. | 该死 |
[25:05] | Want to keep going? | 想继续吗 |
[25:10] | Yeah. Your serve. | 好 你发球 |