时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | 改编自纽约时报《现代爱情》专栏 部分剧情为虚构 | |
[01:15] | Mr. Hughes, will you get up on the table for me? | 休斯先生 请躺在检查桌上 |
[01:17] | – No, no. – Would you do it for a lolly? | -不 -奖励你棒棒糖呢 |
[01:21] | Good. Hold that very gently. | 好的 轻轻握住 |
[01:23] | Okay. There you go. | 好了 可以了 |
[01:29] | – How’s John? – He’s grand, thanks. Yeah. | -约翰怎样 -他很好 谢谢 |
[01:31] | Spiked. | 血压飙升哦 |
[01:33] | Well, only joking. | 开玩笑的 |
[01:38] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[01:38] | Dr. Curran, I have a mom on the phone | 科琳医生 有位妈妈来了 |
[01:40] | with a four-year-old with a temperature. | 她四岁的孩子发烧了 |
[01:43] | I know it’s late. I said I’d check, just in case. | 我知道挺晚了 我回复她会问一下 |
[01:46] | Well, why me? | 为什么找我 |
[01:47] | You’re the only one still here. | 只有你还在诊所 |
[01:50] | I could put it off till the morning. | 我可以安排到明早 |
[01:51] | I’m sure it’s not serious. It’s not that high. | 应该不严重 热度也不算高 |
[01:54] | – Well, how high is it? – Hold on. | -多少度 -稍等 |
[01:58] | Thirty-nine. | 三十九度 |
[02:00] | Send her in. | 让她进来吧 |
[02:02] | Here’s a script for antibiotics, | 这是抗生素的处方 |
[02:04] | just for the peace of mind for the weekend. | 以防周末出什么问题 |
[02:06] | Only use them if you can’t keep his temperature down | 只有在用了扑热息痛都不能退烧的时候 |
[02:08] | – with paracetamol, okay? – Okay. | -才给他吃抗生素 好吗 -好的 |
[02:10] | And I’m around. Just call me if you’re worried. | 我都在 如果担心就打给我 |
[02:12] | You have my home number. Goodbye, little chicken. | 你有我家的电话 拜拜 小宝贝 |
[02:15] | – Night, Lorraine. – Good night, Dr. Curran. | -晚安 洛琳 -晚安 科琳医生 |
[02:25] | No. Come on, girl. | 别 加把劲 |
[02:26] | Not now. Please. | 千万别这时候出问题 |
[02:31] | Fuck my life. | 真操蛋 |
[02:40] | We need to stop seeing each other like this. | 我们不能再这样见面了 |
[02:42] | I can’t stop calling you. | 我忍不住要打给你 |
[02:43] | And I can’t stop picking up. | 我忍不住要接你电话 |
[02:46] | I’ve got you on speed dial. | 我把你号码加入快速拨号了 |
[02:49] | Well, it serves you right for owning a 30-year-old sports car | 你买了辆三十年的古董跑车 |
[02:52] | and only driving it when it tickles your fancy. | 还一时兴起才开出来 这是应该做的 |
[02:54] | These cars want to be driven, Dr. Curran. | 这些车得多开 科琳医生 |
[02:56] | Well, I only take it out when the weather’s nice. | 我只有天气好的时候才开出来 |
[02:58] | – I mean, the roof leaks. – Pull the bonnet. | -车顶漏水啊 -引擎盖打开 |
[03:02] | How’s your mom, Jerry? | 你妈妈怎样 杰瑞 |
[03:04] | Oh, you know. Same old. | 老样子呗 |
[03:06] | The new place is nice for her. | 她的新家挺好 |
[03:08] | Send her my best. | 帮我问候她 |
[03:09] | Tell her I’ll drop by this weekend to see her. | 跟她说我这周末去看她 |
[03:12] | Your visits mean a lot to her. | 她看到你肯定很高兴 |
[03:14] | I like seeing her. | 我喜欢见到她 |
[03:18] | So what do you think? | 车怎么样 |
[03:21] | I hate to break it to you, Doctor. Your car is dying. | 抱歉告知你 医生 你的车不行了 |
[03:24] | No. She just needs some TLC. | 胡说 她只是需要些关爱 |
[03:27] | She’s 40 years old. You know, she’s younger than me. | 她才四十岁 比我都年轻 |
[03:30] | You. | 比你年轻 |
[03:32] | Yeah, in human years, maybe, but in car years, | 用人类年纪算也许没错 但以车的年纪来看 |
[03:36] | she’s too young to be truly classic, | 说她经典吧 她又太年轻 |
[03:38] | and she’s too old to be practical. | 说她实用吧 她又太老 |
[03:40] | She’s just having a midlife crisis. | 她正在经历中年危机 |
[03:42] | I’m gonna give her some Xanax. | 我得给她开点佳乐定 |
[03:44] | So, unfortunately, this car needs to make its final journey | 不幸的是 得送这车最后一程了 |
[03:48] | – to the scrap heap. – Never. | -去报废厂 -不可能 |
[03:50] | You can really bring these things back to life. | 你修车可是妙手回春 |
[03:51] | Yeah, and go completely broke in the meantime. | 我是行 但修完就破产了 |
[03:54] | You know, the best two days you have with a vintage car | 古董车只能让你高兴两天 |
[03:57] | are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. | 买的那天和卖的那天 |
[04:00] | Everything in between is just a heartache. | 这两天之间都是麻烦 |
[04:02] | You need to give up on her, Doctor. | 放弃吧 医生 |
[04:04] | She’s not one of your patients. | 它不是你的病人 |
[04:06] | Oh, let me see if I have another fan belt. | 让我看看还有没有多余的风扇皮带 |
[04:10] | 在一条蜿蜒的小路上 驾驶着敞篷车 | |
[04:38] | Oh, but it sounds good out on the road… | 但开在路上听着太棒了 |
[04:40] | It’s good driving music. | 开车听这个很合适 |
[04:43] | That’s the truth. | 这是实话 |
[04:45] | I liked it ’cause you liked it as driving music. | 因为你喜欢开车听这个所以我也喜欢 |
[04:49] | I don’t know. I can’t listen to any of the young stuff. | 不知道 我听不惯年轻人听的那些 |
[04:53] | No, that’s not true… | 不 也不对 |
[04:54] | I love Dua Lipa. | 我很喜欢杜娃·黎帕 |
[04:55] | But he would drive… | 但他会开车 |
[04:56] | He was the greatest there was… | 他是最伟大的 |
[04:58] | I do. | 我喜欢 |
[05:31] | – I’m back! – Hi, Mom! | -我回来了 -嗨 妈妈 |
[05:33] | – Where are you? – In the sitting room. | -你在哪儿呢 -在客厅 |
[05:37] | Did you draw a picture of Daddy like I asked? | 你按我说的画了爸爸的画吗 |
[05:39] | Yes, and I drew you and the house, too. | 嗯 我还画了你和房子 |
[05:42] | – Did you give him big ears? – Yes, I did. | -你给爸爸画了大大的耳朵吗 -画了 |
[05:45] | Good. Let me see. | 真棒 让我看看 |
[05:46] | I love that one the best. | 我最喜欢那张 |
[05:49] | That’s you picking an apple off the tree for salads. | 这是你在从树上摘苹果做沙拉 |
[05:53] | – Oh, you’re like Eve. – Apple for salads. | -就像夏娃一样 -摘苹果做沙拉 |
[05:56] | – Eve. You’re like Eve. – No. | -夏娃 你就像夏娃 -不像 |
[05:58] | – Well done in your amazing painting! – Oh, painting. | -你画得太棒了 -太棒了 |
[06:01] | Here’s to the cake, here’s to the painting. | 为蛋糕举杯 为你的画作举杯 |
[06:02] | To Melissa, the artiste. | 敬梅丽莎 小艺术家 |
[06:04] | Let’s just see how I get on | 先看看我跟他的父母 |
[06:05] | with his parents first, shall we? | 相处得怎么样吧 好吗 |
[06:07] | Oh, yeah. Sure. | 好 当然了 |
[06:08] | How’s my sister? | 妹妹怎么样 |
[06:09] | Well, she’s destroying the kitchen | 她在破坏厨房 |
[06:11] | “making a cake.” | “做蛋糕”呢 |
[06:12] | Hi, sis. | 嗨 姐姐 |
[06:13] | Hey, baby sis. | 嗨 妹妹 |
[06:15] | Send me a letter. | 给我写信 |
[06:16] | I’ll send you some cake. | 我会给你寄蛋糕 |
[06:18] | What kind of cake? | 什么样的蛋糕 |
[06:20] | Okay, got to run. Me and Connor are going for drinks. | 好了 我要挂了 我和康纳要去喝酒 |
[06:22] | Write me. I love you. | 给我写信 我爱你们 |
[06:24] | Oh, I love you. | 我爱你 |
[06:25] | And, oh, I want to hear more about him. | 我想多听听他的事 |
[06:28] | Would-would you…? | 你 你能 |
[06:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:31] | Gym membership, | 健身房会员 |
[06:33] | gone. We hit the streets. | 没了 我们去路上跑步吧 |
[06:35] | – Done. – Which brings me to… | -没问题 -话说起来 |
[06:38] | – The Stag. – Oh, well, there’s no expense there | -你的雄鹿车 -那方面没有开销 |
[06:40] | ’cause I hardly ever use it. | 因为我很少开它 |
[06:41] | Honey, I’ve seen your credit card receipts. | 老婆 我看了你的信用卡记录 |
[06:43] | You’ve spent 1,200 this year alone | 光是今年你就在 |
[06:45] | on breakdowns and parts. | 维修和零部件上花了一千二 |
[06:47] | Well, what are you doing going through my credit card receipts? | 你看我的信用卡记录干什么 |
[06:49] | You gave them to me to do our taxes? | 你给我让我报税来着 |
[06:51] | – You’re welcome, by the way. – Yeah. Thanks. | -顺便 不用谢 -谢了 |
[06:54] | Well, what about your boat? | 那你的船呢 |
[06:55] | You know you could get a couple grand for that. | 能卖个几万块呢 |
[06:57] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 行吧 |
[07:02] | Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 别 别别别别别别别 |
[07:05] | Oh, come on. Come on. | 别这样 别这样 |
[07:08] | Oh, no, not again. Please? | 不要 别这样 求你了 |
[07:10] | Please? Please? | 求你了 求你了 |
[07:16] | God… damn it. | 该死的 |
[07:20] | I’m changing my number until you get rid of this thing. | 我要换手机号 除非你卖掉这辆车 |
[07:59] | Hello? | 你好 |
[08:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:03] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[08:05] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m selling it for five grand. | 是的 没错 我准备卖五千 |
[08:10] | Sure. Well, we’re around all weekend if you want to drop by. | 当然 如果你想来看的话 我们这周末都在 |
[08:14] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[08:16] | Okay, I’ll text you the details. | 好的 我会把详细的信息发给你 |
[08:19] | Thanks. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[08:21] | Maybe found a buyer for the car. | 可能找到车的买家了 |
[08:23] | Another one? Great. | 又一个 不错 |
[08:25] | You could have sold that car five times by now. | 你本来有好几次机会能卖掉那辆车的 |
[08:28] | – Coffee? – Yup. | -喝咖啡吗 -要 |
[08:31] | The brakes are slow, | 刹车不灵了 |
[08:32] | so you’re alert, predicting things before they happen. | 所以你必须警觉 在事情发生前做出预判 |
[08:35] | The steering’s rack-and-pinion, the bushings are pretty worn, | 齿轮齿条式转向器和轴衬磨损严重 |
[08:37] | so it’s basically like driving a go-cart. | 基本就跟开卡丁车一样 |
[08:40] | I mean, you’d need to get that fixed, | 我是说 如果你真的要买 |
[08:42] | if you do buy it, but, you know, you probably won’t. | 你就得先解决这些问题 但你可能不会买 |
[08:45] | Well, you certainly know your stuff, for a lady. | 作为女士 你对这方面很了解 |
[08:48] | Yeah, well, you’ll need to get your blood pressure checked | 是 你还是需要去测下血压 |
[08:50] | ’cause these cars were designed for a much younger man. | 因为这些车是为年轻人设计的 |
[08:53] | Apologies. | 抱歉 |
[08:55] | Now, it’s just that my wife and my daughters have zero interest. | 目前我妻子和女儿完全不感兴趣 |
[08:58] | Whereas my son and I, | 然而我和儿子 |
[09:01] | we’ll tinker all afternoon, every Sunday. | 我们每周日都会花一下午鼓捣机械 |
[09:05] | My husband taught me everything I know about this car. | 我对这辆车的了解都是我丈夫教的 |
[09:08] | All right. He’s a… he’s an enthusiast, too? | 好吧 他也是爱好者吗 |
[09:12] | Him? No. My first husband. | 他吗 不 是我第一任丈夫 |
[09:14] | He bought this car when he was a student. | 他还是个学生的时候买的这辆车 |
[09:17] | He saved every penny, worked two jobs through college. | 他省吃俭用 在大学期间打两份工 |
[09:20] | He made sure I understood it before he’d let me near it. | 他确保我懂这辆车之后 才让我靠近 |
[09:23] | Or anyone. | 其他人也一样 |
[09:25] | I mean, if you were to come down to 4,700, | 如果你能降到四千七 |
[09:29] | we could have a deal. | 我们就成交 |
[09:30] | – What do you think? – Really? | -你觉得怎么样 -真的吗 |
[09:33] | Look, are you sure you want to sell this car? | 你确定你想把它卖掉吗 |
[09:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:37] | What’s this heap of old iron doing here? | 这堆烂铁在这干吗 |
[09:39] | – Old iron? – I’ll give you ten buck for it. | -烂铁 -我给你十美金 |
[09:42] | Don’t be daft. This was once a great car. | 别傻了 这之前可是辆好车 |
[09:45] | Is that a bit like the man buying your car, Mommy? | 这有点像买你车的人吗 妈妈 |
[09:48] | Oh, no, honey. That’s the mean junkyard man. | 不 亲爱的 那是个刻薄的废车场男人 |
[09:50] | The man buying the car is actually pretty nice. | 但买车的那个男人其实非常好 |
[09:53] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[09:54] | You’re selling your guys’ Prius? | 你们要卖掉普锐斯吗 |
[09:56] | No. | 不是 |
[09:58] | No, I’m actually thinking about selling the Stag. | 不 我其实想把那辆牡鹿卖了 |
[10:03] | It’s falling to pieces. I sent you… | 它已经老旧不堪 我给你发了… |
[10:04] | You’re-you’re selling Dad’s car? | 你要把爸爸的车卖了 |
[10:06] | Well, I wasn’t going to until I had talked to you. | 在和你谈过之前我是不会卖的 |
[10:08] | I mean, I’d keep it for you if you want. | 我是说 如果你想的话我可以留着它 |
[10:09] | It’s just, it breaks down every time I get in it. | 只是每次我开车 它都会坏 |
[10:12] | And I got to fork out thousands to keep it on the road. | 我都得花好几千才能让它继续上路 |
[10:15] | You know? And we don’t have a garage. | 你知道吧 而且我们也没有车库 |
[10:17] | I guess. | 我猜是的 |
[10:19] | Love, are you okay with that? Come on. | 宝贝 你没关系吗 别这样 |
[10:22] | I sent you a mail. Uh, you obviously didn’t get it. | 我给你发邮件了 但显然你没看到 |
[10:24] | Fine. I love that car. | 好 我喜欢那辆车 |
[10:26] | But yeah, I completely get it. | 但没事 我完全理解 |
[10:28] | I don’t want it to fall apart in the street. | 我也不想让它在路上散架 |
[10:30] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[10:34] | – Yeah. – Now, bedtime, Missy! | -对 -睡觉时间到了 米西 |
[10:37] | Hey, girl! | 你好 女儿 |
[10:39] | Hey, Niall. | 尼尔 |
[10:41] | Look at you two. You little monkey. | 瞧瞧你们俩 像个小猴子 |
[10:42] | Place sucks without you. | 你不在这里真无趣 |
[10:44] | – Eight more sleeps. – Which reminds me. | -只有八晚了 -这倒提醒了我 |
[10:47] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[10:49] | What do you say? Good night. | 你该说什么 晚安 |
[10:51] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[10:52] | Good night, Shannon. | 晚安 香农 |
[10:54] | See you in a few days. | 过几天见 |
[10:56] | I’ll be up to read you a story in five minutes. | 五分钟后我就上来给你讲故事 |
[10:58] | You’re grand. I have an episode of The Crown to watch. | 你真好 我还有一集《王冠》要看 |
[11:00] | Not you. | 没说你 |
[11:00] | – That’s sure to knock me out. – Yeah. | -肯定马上就看睡着了 -嗯 |
[11:04] | He’s making me sell it. | 是他让我把车卖了 |
[11:05] | No, he’s right. It’s the grown-up thing to do. | 他说的没错 这才是负责任的做法 |
[11:09] | Dad told me never to attach too much meaning to things. | 爸爸告诉过我不要对事物产生过多情感 |
[11:12] | It’s a car. | 一辆车而已 |
[11:14] | What we all did in it that matters. | 我们在里面做了什么才是最重要的 |
[11:16] | Those memories are seared into us forever. | 那些回忆已深深烙进我们的心里 |
[11:19] | Yeah. I mean, you know… | 对 没错 |
[11:21] | it might not sell. | 也可能卖不出去 |
[11:23] | ‘Cause the fella said he was gonna get back to me. | 因为买车的人说会给我回信 |
[11:25] | He’s got to run it by his wife. | 他还要跟他老婆商量 |
[11:26] | So it-it might not even get sold. | 所以不一定能卖出去 |
[11:30] | Well, I mean, you don’t fully understand, | 你没办法完全理解我们 |
[11:31] | because it’s 15 years until we send Melissa to college. | 我们还有15年才要送梅丽莎去大学 |
[11:34] | Yeah, but I can totally imagine what you’re going through. | 我完全能够想象你现在的感受 |
[11:36] | But-but Skyping every night | 但是每天晚上视频 |
[11:37] | and physically looking at each other, | 并且看着对方脸庞 |
[11:39] | it just makes the separation harder. | 这只会让分别更加艰难 |
[11:41] | Phones were better. | 电话更好 |
[11:43] | For all these advancements, | 这些21世纪的高科技 |
[11:44] | the 21st century just messes with things. | 只会让人更加难过 |
[11:46] | Well, I spoke to my mom | 对 在我大学四年里 |
[11:48] | a handful of times in four years of college. | 只跟我妈聊过几次天 |
[11:52] | It was better. | 确实好一些 |
[11:54] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[11:55] | Maybe she was privately bawling. | 可能她有偷偷大哭 |
[11:59] | That generation was more robust. | 那个时代的人更加坚强 |
[12:01] | If I miss Melissa one percent | 如果我想念梅丽莎 |
[12:03] | as much as I miss Shannon around here, I’ll be a wreck. | 是想念香农的百分之一 就是废人一个了 |
[12:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:07] | You don’t show it. | 你没表现出来 |
[12:08] | Can’t both be whimpering messes, now, can we? | 我们两个不能都是鼻涕虫吧 |
[12:10] | I haven’t whimpered once. | 我一次都没有哭过 |
[12:12] | I’m just hellishly lonely. | 我只是特别寂寞 |
[12:13] | I’d never show the girls that. | 我也不会在女儿们面前表现出来 |
[12:16] | I know. I’m… sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[12:21] | God, no, don’t do that. | 天呐 别这样 |
[12:22] | Don’t. Please. | 别这样 拜托 |
[12:24] | All right. Sorry. I was just… | 好吧 抱歉 我只是 |
[12:26] | trying to help. | 想帮忙 |
[12:27] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:29] | Now, you say you’re hellishly lonely. | 是你说自己特别寂寞 |
[12:31] | Then I try to show you you are not alone, | 所以我让你知道你不是一个人 |
[12:32] | you bat me off, like a mosquito. | 而你却把我当成蚊子一样打跑了 |
[12:35] | I see you. You’re right there | 我能看见你 你就在这里 |
[12:36] | next to me. Uh, I just… | 就在我身边 我只是 |
[12:39] | don’t feel you need to be intimate. That’s all. | 不希望你跟我太肢体亲密而已 |
[12:41] | If I can’t fix you with affection or intimacy, | 如果我不能用爱和肢体语言让你平复 |
[12:44] | – then what’s the point? – Fix me? | -那有什么意义 -平复我 |
[12:46] | It’s not a pop song. | 这又不是流行歌 |
[12:47] | I’m not broken. I’m just… | 我又没坏掉 只是 |
[12:49] | What? | 什么 |
[12:51] | You’re making me do something I don’t want to do. | 你在让我做我不想做的事 |
[12:55] | Is this about that fucking car again? | 又是因为那辆破车吗 |
[12:57] | Yeah. Maybe. | 大概是吧 |
[13:00] | I felt awful telling Shannon that tonight. | 今晚告诉香农这事的时候我很难受 |
[13:04] | So don’t sell the fuck… | 那就别卖那辆破… |
[13:05] | I mean, Jesus, I was just trying to keep the family | 天啊 我只是在努力阻止 |
[13:07] | – from going bankrupt. – Well, we’re not going bankrupt! | -我们家破产 -我们才不会破产 |
[13:10] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[13:13] | Seriously? | 你是认真的吗 |
[13:14] | You’re gonna sulk? | 你生气了吗 |
[13:15] | I am not sulking. | 我没生气 |
[13:17] | I’m just thinking up other things we can do | 我只是在想我们还能做什么事 |
[13:19] | to make savings. | 来省钱 |
[13:23] | And that was the headline news | 以上就是都柏林电台 |
[13:24] | on Lunchtime Live on Radio Dublin FM. | 午间直播的头条新闻 |
[13:27] | Well, it’s a beautiful winter’s day here, | 这是个美好的冬日 |
[13:30] | and we are just loving the change in the weather | 我们喜欢天气的变化 |
[13:32] | and the colors finally coming into the trees. | 树终于要变颜色了 |
[13:34] | Yeah. Definitely warms the cockles of the heart, Louise… | 是啊 这绝对很暖心 露易丝 |
[13:40] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:41] | We have a deal, | 我们愿意买 |
[13:42] | if you haven’t sold her yet. | 如果你还没把车卖掉 |
[13:45] | O-Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[13:46] | Well, my wife says this is the last one. | 我妻子说这是最后一台 |
[13:48] | She knows how long I’ve been searching for a Stag, | 她知道我找雄鹿车找了多久 |
[13:50] | so she’s cutting me some slack. | 所以她给了我机会 |
[13:52] | Yeah. Uh, well, congratulations. | 好啊 祝贺你 |
[13:54] | That’s an early Christmas present for you. | 简直是提前送你的圣诞礼物 |
[13:58] | Um, do you want to come over on Saturday lunchtime? | 你能周六中午来一趟吗 |
[13:59] | I’ll have her ready for you. | 我会把车给你准备好 |
[14:01] | Bank draft okay? | 银行汇票付款可以吗 |
[14:02] | Yeah, bank draft’s fine. | 可以 银行汇票就好 |
[14:03] | I’ll text you the details. | 我把详细信息发给你 |
[14:05] | – See you then. – Okay. | -到时见 -好 |
[15:03] | So, Shannon’s seeing someone. | 香农有交往对象了 |
[15:06] | He’s a rower. | 他是个桨手 |
[15:08] | Studying medicine. | 他学医 |
[15:10] | He’s good-looking, too. | 长得也帅 |
[15:12] | But not so much that she’d need to arm herself. | 不过她不需要过于担心 |
[15:15] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[15:17] | It’s a personal triumph to me that he might be a doctor. | 他可能会是医生 对我算胜利了 |
[15:21] | She’s coming home in five days, | 她五天后就要回家了 |
[15:22] | and I literally cannot wait. | 我简直等不及了 |
[15:26] | You know, Niall and I were talking about that the other day. | 尼尔和我前几天在讨论 |
[15:29] | We’re such lightweights, our generation. | 我们这代人太脆弱了 |
[15:31] | You know? Crying at school gates. | 在校门口前哭泣 |
[15:35] | Support group moms messaging each other | 互助小组的妈妈们互发信息 |
[15:37] | about coping with separation anxiety. | 讨论应对分离焦虑 |
[15:38] | I mean, it is ridiculous. | 这太可笑了 |
[15:42] | Niall doesn’t show any emotion. | 尼尔没有表露任何情绪 |
[15:44] | That’s just his way. | 他就是这样 |
[15:46] | So, big news. | 重要消息 |
[15:51] | I’m selling the car. | 我要把车卖了 |
[15:52] | And it’s breaking my heart. | 这让我心碎 |
[15:55] | It’s the bills, though. | 但是要付账 |
[15:58] | It’s getting older, and I’m not getting any richer. | 我变老了 但没有变得更有钱 |
[16:01] | I can’t talk to you back at the house or at the office. | 我不能在家或在办公室跟你说话 |
[16:04] | I mean, people would think I’m crazy. | 人们会觉得我疯了 |
[16:06] | But here? | 但在这里 |
[16:08] | Who cares? | 谁在乎呢 |
[16:11] | It’s like I can feel your presence. | 我好像能感觉到你的存在 |
[16:19] | So, I’m getting five grand for it. | 我卖了5千块 |
[16:21] | And I don’t know whether you would have killed me | 我不知道你会不会因为卖了这个价钱 |
[16:23] | for letting it go for that. | 把我杀掉 |
[16:24] | But, actually, it’s pretty good | 但说实话 现在的情况 |
[16:26] | for what these models are getting these days. | 能卖这个钱很不错了 |
[16:29] | I know you put a lot of money into it. | 我知道你投了很多钱进去 |
[16:33] | Man, we got a lot of use out of it, didn’t we? | 伙计 我们可算是好好利用过了这辆车了 |
[16:42] | I’ll never forget the first day you showed up in it. | 我永远不会忘记你第一天开着车出现的样子 |
[16:45] | I’d known you about a year, and I thought | 我已经认识你大约一年时间了 我当时在想 |
[16:47] | you were absolutely crazy for buying a sports car. | 你肯定是疯了 去买辆跑车 |
[16:53] | Two broke lately students. | 两个破产的学生 |
[16:55] | Want to have lunch in the canteen | 你想在食堂吃午餐 |
[16:56] | or are we going into town? | 还是进城 |
[16:57] | Oh, no, the canteen will kill you. | 不 食堂难吃死了 |
[16:59] | – So, town. – Yes. | -那去城里 -好的 |
[17:02] | Will we drive? | 我们开车去吗 |
[17:03] | Will we what? | 什么 |
[17:05] | Will we drive? | 我们开车去吗 |
[17:07] | Will we take the car? | 我们开这辆车去吧 |
[17:09] | What? | 什么 |
[17:11] | You bought this car? | 你买了这辆车 |
[17:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:13] | – You joking? – No. | -你在开玩笑吗 -没有 |
[17:16] | Now you’re off to buying a sports car? | 你现在买了辆跑车 |
[17:18] | Until I got in. | 直到我坐上车 |
[17:20] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝 |
[17:38] | Can I have a shot? | 我能开开看吗 |
[17:39] | No. | 不 |
[17:40] | Nah. | 不行 |
[17:51] | Don’t change early. | 别太快换档 |
[17:53] | Wait till it gets to the red line. | 等到它来到这条红线 |
[17:57] | Yeah. | 对了 |
[18:00] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[18:01] | Should I change again? | 我还要再换挡吗 |
[18:03] | Sure, change again. | 当然 换吧 |
[18:05] | Now, that’s the sweet spot. That’s 60. | 听着 那是中心点 那是60迈 |
[18:11] | We went everywhere in this thing. | 我们开这辆车去了所有地方 |
[18:12] | Ladies, I’m going to take it to 60. | 女士们 我马上要开到60迈了 |
[18:16] | Headscarves ready? | 头巾准备好了吗 |
[18:22] | Seems like she was witness | 似乎她见证了 |
[18:23] | to all the good things in my life. | 我人生中所有的好事 |
[18:25] | All of my earliest memories of you | 我和你最早的回忆 |
[18:27] | is you saying you liked Battenberg. | 是你说你喜欢巴腾堡蛋糕 |
[18:31] | – I like it… – Are you saying I invented that? | -我是喜欢… -你是说我瞎说的吗 |
[18:33] | That I invented Battenberg? | 我编造了巴腾堡蛋糕的事 |
[18:35] | No, that I invented that memory. | 不 我编造了那段回忆 |
[18:37] | No. I love Battenberg. | 不 我爱巴腾堡蛋糕 |
[18:39] | It’s like a little, tiny, mini chessboard. | 它就好像一个小小的 迷你棋盘 |
[18:42] | So why are you complaining? | 那你为什么抱怨 |
[18:43] | Well, because it’s disgusting, obviously, | 很显然 是因为它太难吃了 |
[18:45] | but I like the way it looks. | 但我喜欢它的样子 |
[18:48] | You see? You just like the colors. | 你瞧 你只是喜欢它的颜色 |
[18:50] | I just like the pink and the yellow. | 我只是喜欢粉色的和黄色的 |
[18:56] | Is that a yes? | 那代表答应了吗 |
[18:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:08] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[19:09] | Pregnant woman! | 车上有怀孕的女人 |
[19:11] | Well, don’t slow down. | 别慢下来 |
[19:13] | We never have the chance to go this fast. | 我们从没有机会开到这么快 |
[19:14] | Man, you were a good driver when you needed to be. | 你在关键时刻确实是个好司机 |
[19:17] | – Be careful going down the slope there. – Yeah. I know. | -下坡小心点 -嗯 我知道 |
[19:18] | – I’ve got it. I’ve got it. – Yeah? | -知道了 知道了 -是吗 |
[19:20] | Right. I think the best thing is if… | 好了 我想最好是… |
[19:24] | – There. There. – Hello. | -好了 -你好啊 |
[19:28] | Do you want Joe Jackson or Van Morrison, baby? | 宝贝 你想听乔·杰克逊还是范·莫里森的歌 |
[19:30] | Wiggles. | 威格尔斯乐队 |
[19:32] | – Van Morrison it is. – She wants the Wiggles. | -那就听范·莫里森 -她想听威格尔斯乐队 |
[19:34] | You’re sure you don’t want “Days Like This”? | 你确定不听《这样的日子》 |
[19:37] | No. You want “Days Like This.” | 不听 你才听《这样的日子》 |
[19:39] | That’s because we’ve only heard the Wiggles ten times this morning. | 那是因为我们一早上听了十遍摇摆乐队了 |
[19:42] | You only ever play music that you like. | 你只放你喜欢的音乐 |
[19:44] | You have to ask her what she likes. | 你得问问她喜欢什么 |
[19:46] | I think we’ve established she likes the Wiggles. | 我们已经确定她喜欢摇摆乐队了 |
[19:48] | I want to expose her to good music, so she’ll have taste. | 我想让她听听好音乐 这样她才会有品味 |
[19:51] | But that never works. | 可是没用啊 |
[19:53] | She’s gonna like the exact opposite music to what we like. | 她就喜欢跟我们完全不一样的音乐 |
[19:55] | That’s just science. | 这是科学道理 |
[19:56] | That’s probably true. | 也许你说的没错 |
[19:58] | If we want her to listen to Van Morrison, | 我们要是想让她听范·莫里森的歌 |
[19:59] | we should probably play her Michael Bublé. | 就应该放麦可·布雷的 |
[20:02] | Who’s Michael Bublé? | 谁是麦可·布雷 |
[20:16] | Shannon loved those afternoons | 香农喜欢 |
[20:17] | you picked her up in it. | 你开着这辆车去接她的时光 |
[20:19] | Cool dad. | 帅气老爸 |
[20:22] | Oh. Uh, bye. | 再见 |
[20:35] | – Should I drive? – No. I want to. | -我来开吧 -不用 我来 |
[20:37] | And the bad times. | 那些艰难的日子里 |
[20:42] | The real, honest-to-goodness awful times. | 真真切切 可怕的时候 |
[20:53] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[20:55] | That… Have you got it? | 那个 你行吗 |
[20:55] | – Whoa, whoa. No. – Have you got it? | -慢点 慢点 停 -你行吗 |
[20:57] | – No, honey, honey, we’ve got it. – I’ve got it. | -不要 亲爱的 我们可以 -我来 |
[20:58] | We’ve got it… No. Let go. | 我们可以的 不用了 放手 |
[20:59] | I’m so grateful we had that one beautiful Christmas together. | 我很感激我们一起度过了那个美好的圣诞节 |
[21:02] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[21:06] | What a… what about me? | 那我坐哪 |
[21:10] | Shannon? | 香农 |
[21:14] | Bought a tree with a monkey in it. | 买棵树还送了只猴子 |
[21:16] | Sweet monkey face. | 可爱的小猴子 |
[21:19] | Sing us a song. | 唱首歌吧 |
[21:24] | *Have yourself a merry little Christmas* | *让自己有个快乐的圣诞节* |
[21:30] | *Let your heart be light * | *让你的心变得轻松* |
[21:56] | You never get cold. | 你从来都不感冒 |
[21:57] | What come you’re cold? | 怎么会觉得冷 |
[22:14] | Here. | 这里 |
[23:05] | Shannon helped me out so much after that. | 那之后香农帮了我很多 |
[23:07] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[23:09] | As best she could. | 她尽了最大的努力 |
[23:10] | I’m making the dinner tonight. | 今晚我来做饭 |
[23:13] | Great. | 很好 |
[23:15] | What are you gonna make? | 你打算做什么 |
[23:18] | – Lasagna? – Okay. | -宽面条 -没问题 |
[23:24] | And sometimes she couldn’t. | 有的时候她也帮不上忙 |
[24:24] | So, my worry is I’m not gonna be able | 我担心的是 |
[24:26] | to talk to you again like this. | 我再也不能像这样和你说话了 |
[24:31] | Do you think I will? | 你觉得我可以吗 |
[24:35] | Do you think it’s like meditation? | 你觉得这像不像冥想 |
[24:38] | That you can do it anywhere? | 可以在任何地方进行 |
[24:43] | So, I’m gonna meet Shannon’s boyfriend over the holiday. | 假期我要去见香农的男朋友 |
[24:48] | I want to tell you all about him. | 我想把他的一切都告诉你 |
[24:53] | Anyway, I love you, and I miss you. | 不管怎样 我爱你 我很想你 |
[24:58] | We both do. | 我们俩都是 |
[25:01] | There’s not a day I don’t wake up or go to sleep | 我每天醒来或入睡时 |
[25:03] | without thinking about you. | 都会想着你 |
[25:14] | See, that’s her song. | 听到没 就这声音 |
[25:16] | – Sorry I’m late. Here we are. – Wow. | -抱歉我迟到了 来了 -哇 |
[25:18] | Gorgeous. | 真棒 |
[25:20] | Now, uh, got the bank draft? | 你支票带了吧 |
[25:22] | – Yes, indeed. – Right. | -是的 没错 -好吧 |
[25:25] | Here we go. | 给你 |
[25:26] | – Thanks. – It’s all there. | -谢谢 -都在这里了 |
[25:28] | – Oh, yeah. Okay. – Forty-seven. | -行 好吧 -47000 |
[25:29] | – Right, anything I need to…? – Um, the-the brakes are slow, | -好吧 还有什么我需要… -刹车反应慢 |
[25:32] | and, uh… | 还有 |
[25:34] | She… She’s sticky between second and third. | 第二档和第三档转换难 |
[25:38] | Um, the sweet spot’s, | 重要的缺点 |
[25:40] | you know, not around here. | 表面都看不出来 |
[25:41] | – Thanks again. – Yeah, you’re welcome. | -再次感谢 -不用谢 |
[25:43] | – Okay. – Away we go. | -好吧 -我们走了 |
[25:45] | See you! | 再见 |
[25:51] | Oh, go on, why don’t you break down now, honey? | 拜托 你为什么现在又不坏了 亲爱的 |
[26:00] | So, I sold the boat. | 我把船卖了 |
[26:03] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:03] | How much did you get for it? | 你卖了多少钱 |
[26:05] | – Three and a half grand. – That’s great. | -3500元 -太棒了 |
[26:11] | – You okay? – Yeah, I’m fine. | -你还好吗 -是的 我很好 |
[26:14] | It was totally the right thing to do. | 这样做是完全正确的 |
[26:17] | I shouldn’t resent you | 我不该怨恨你 |
[26:18] | for encouraging me to sell the Stag. | 鼓励我卖了雄鹿车 |
[26:19] | You know, I should reward you | 我应该报答你 |
[26:21] | for keeping our family on track. | 让我们的家庭步入正轨 |
[26:25] | Right. | 好吧 |
[26:27] | You know, that car was holding me back. | 那辆车让我停滞不前 |
[26:29] | What do you mean, holding you back? | 你是什么意思 让你停滞不前 |
[26:32] | It’s like a time machine. | 那车就像个时光机器 |
[26:34] | You know? | 你知道的 |
[26:36] | Like, when… | 就像 |
[26:37] | I get in it, | 当我坐进去 |
[26:38] | it literally transports me. | 它真的能把我传送走 |
[26:41] | And… | 而且 |
[26:43] | sometimes, I even talk to him. | 我有时甚至能和他对话 |
[26:47] | And, you know, I’m-I’m… I’m sorry about that. | 我 我对此很抱歉 |
[26:50] | How do you mean, talk to him? | 你说和他对话是什么意思 |
[26:54] | It’s like he’s there beside me. | 就好像他在我身边 |
[27:00] | Only happens when, uh, I’m on my own. | 只有当我独自一人时才会这样 |
[27:04] | Why didn’t you tell me this before? | 你之前为什么不告诉我 |
[27:06] | Because I didn’t want you to think I was crazy | 因为我不想让你觉得我疯了 |
[27:09] | or that I was too involved in my past life | 或者我太沉湎过去的生活 |
[27:15] | or that… | 或者 |
[27:17] | I’m trying to keep him alive or something. | 我试着让他活着什么的 |
[27:20] | I don’t think you can control things like that. | 我觉得你自己应该无法控制这种感觉 |
[27:25] | I have a sweater of his | 我有一件他的毛衣 |
[27:27] | in the back of my closet that I keep in plastic. | 就放在壁橱后面的塑料袋里 |
[27:32] | And sometimes I take it out, and I smell it, | 我有时会拿出来闻闻 |
[27:35] | and it’s like he’s in the room with me | 就好像他在房间里和我在一起 |
[27:37] | and he’s got his arms around me. | 正搂着我 |
[27:40] | Is that wrong? | 这样不对吗 |
[27:42] | I mean, do you want to leave me? | 你想离开我吗 |
[27:49] | For some folks who lose people, | 对一些失去亲人的人来说 |
[27:52] | it can be a real challenge to keep them alive. | 让亲人继续活在心中是很困难的 |
[27:55] | They heal quickly and get on with their lives | 他们很快会治愈 继续他们的生活 |
[27:57] | and feel terrible for it. | 并对此感到很难过 |
[27:59] | For others, it’s almost as hard to keep them dead. | 还有些人根本无法接受他们的死去 |
[28:01] | They won’t leave them alone the rest of their life. | 逝去的亲人会一直伴随他们走过余生 |
[28:05] | It’s love and grief, baby. | 这是爱与悲伤 亲爱的 |
[28:08] | There are no rules. | 没有任何规则 |
[28:12] | Does it bother you that Michael is still so present in my life? | 麦可依然常出现在我生活中 会让你感到困扰吗 |
[28:17] | You loved him at the time he died, right? | 他去世时你爱着他 对吗 |
[28:21] | Love sets at moments like that. | 爱情就发生在那样的时刻 |
[28:24] | Grief hopefully fades, | 痛苦可能会消退 |
[28:27] | and memory, eventually, but love? | 记忆最终也会 但爱呢 |
[28:31] | I knew how much you loved him going into this. | 我知道你有多爱他才会变得这样 |
[28:35] | I’m a grown-up. | 我是个成年人 |
[28:37] | But I also know how much room there is in there. | 但我也知道你的内心非常辽阔 |
[28:41] | That’s what drew me to you. | 这是你吸引我之处 |
[28:43] | That your heart was the biggest place | 我此生驻足最辽阔之地 |
[28:45] | I had ever been in the world. | 便是你的心灵 |
[28:48] | I knew that from the way you are with people. | 我从你和其他人的交流中就能看出来 |
[28:50] | My parents. Patients. Daughters. | 我的父母 你的患者 女儿们 |
[28:54] | And if I got one little part of that, | 如果我在你心中有一席之地 |
[28:59] | well, that was way more than I ever expected in life. | 那我此生便足矣了 |
[29:05] | You mean that? | 你认真的吗 |
[29:08] | I have a cup, | 我办公室里 |
[29:10] | chipped and broken in the office, | 有个摔坏的杯子 |
[29:11] | belonging to my mom. | 那是我妈妈的 |
[29:14] | I can see her at the window at home, | 我能看到 我儿时她站在家里的窗户边 |
[29:15] | refilling endless cups of peppermint tea | 一杯又一杯地 |
[29:18] | when I was a kid. | 倒着薄荷茶 |
[29:20] | I don’t know why, | 我不知为什么 |
[29:21] | but it just, well, transports me. | 但它就是 能勾起我的回忆 |
[29:28] | Sometimes I like to drink from it. | 有时 我喜欢用这杯子喝东西 |
[29:31] | It’s like kissing her. | 就像在亲吻母亲 |
[29:37] | How did I get so lucky twice in my life? | 我这辈子运气怎么这么好 两次都是良人 |
[29:42] | I’m grateful I did once. | 我很感激我一次就遇上了 |
[29:51] | Can I tell you something? | 我能跟你说件事吗 |
[29:55] | You remember that day when I said I was driving and… | 你还记得那天我说 |
[29:59] | …closed my eyes and let go of the wheel? | 我闭上眼睛 放开方向盘开车吗 |
[30:03] | Pretty sure someone grabbed the wheel | 我很确定有人抓住了方向盘 |
[30:05] | and steered me back onto the road. | 引我开回路上 |
[30:10] | So I could come to you. | 这样我才遇到你 |
[30:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:31] | – How are you? – How are you? | -你好 -你好 |
[30:34] | Great. Um, do you have a minute? | 很好呀 你有空吗 |
[30:36] | I do. | 有呀 |
[30:43] | – Hi! – Hi! Happy Christmas! | -嗨 -嗨 圣诞快乐 |
[30:46] | Happy Christmas, baby! | 圣诞快乐 宝贝 |
[30:48] | What’s going on? I-I thought you’d sold her. | 什么情况 我以为你把车卖了 |
[30:50] | Ah, it’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[30:51] | So, what happened? | 所以发生了什么事呢 |
[30:53] | Niall sold his boat, | 尼尔卖掉了他的船 |
[30:54] | and he used the money to buy the car back. | 并用卖船的钱买回了这辆车 |
[30:57] | You’re such nutcases. | 你们真是疯了 |
[30:58] | Yeah. Come on, strap in. | 是啊 来吧 系好安全带 |
[31:01] | Let’s go. | 出发啦 |
[31:04] | – You in? – Yeah. | -好了吗 -好了 |
[31:11] | I was all set for a boring train ride. | 本来我都准备好无聊地坐火车了 |
[31:15] | This is the best surprise ever. | 这是有史以来最棒的惊喜了 |
[31:17] | Yeah, screw trains. | 是啊 坐什么破火车 |
[31:19] | The open road, right? | 马路多宽敞 对吧 |
[31:21] | You might want to put on a wooly hat | 你最好戴上毛线帽 |
[31:23] | ’cause it’s gonna be chilly. | 因为会很冷 |
[31:25] | And, you know, we’re probably gonna break down. | 而且 要知道 车可能会抛锚 |
[31:28] | And we might get lost. | 我们可能会迷路 |
[31:30] | Remember what your dad always used to say? | 还记得你爸爸常说的话吗 |
[31:34] | I do. | 记得 |
[31:36] | We get lost together. | 我们一起迷路 |
[31:38] | Here we go. | 开始啦 |
[31:44] | Been listening to this all term. | 我整个学期都在听这歌 |
[31:48] | Do you know this album? | 你知道这张专辑吗 |
[31:58] | *There’ll be days like this* | *他日当会如此* |
[32:01] | *When there’s no one complaining* | *当无人抱怨* |
[32:03] | *There’ll be days like this* | *他日当会如此* |
[32:09] | *Like the flick of a switch* | *就像按下开关* |
[32:11] | *Well, my mama told me* | *母亲告诉我* |
[32:14] | *There’ll be days like this* | *他日当会如此* |
[32:22] | *There’ll be days like this* | *他日当会如此* |
[32:27] | *There’ll be days like this* | *他日当会如此* |
[32:37] | *There’ll be days like this* | *他日当会如此* |
[32:43] | *When you don’t need an answer* | *当你无需答案时* |
[32:48] | *When you don’t meet a chancer* | *当你未遇到机会* |