时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | 改编自纽约时报《现代爱情》专栏 部分剧情为虚构 | |
[01:04] | One, two, three, four. | 一二三四 |
[01:17] | Mum? | 妈妈 |
[01:18] | I just want it plain. | 什么都别加 |
[01:20] | No ketchup or butter. | 不要番茄酱或黄油 |
[01:21] | No ketchup or butter. Right. | 不要番茄酱或黄油 好的 |
[01:22] | And I want the bagel toasted, | 贝果要烤一下 |
[01:24] | so it’s hot. | 才能热热的 |
[01:25] | Well, it’s toasted. It’s hot now. | 烤好了 现在热了 |
[01:27] | Where’s the regular milk? | 牛奶在哪里 |
[01:29] | This is almond milk. | 这是杏仁奶 |
[01:31] | You forgot to get milk. | 你忘记买牛奶了 |
[01:33] | I can’t drink that. | 我喝不了那个 |
[01:34] | Aren’t you all supposed to be vegans by now? | 你现在不是素食者吗 |
[01:36] | That’s when you’re 13. | 13岁才开始呢 |
[01:38] | Well, don’t you want to be ahead of the curve? Hmm? | 难道不想提前适应一下吗 |
[01:41] | Don’t forget, your dad’s picking you up today. | 别忘了 今天爸爸来接你们 |
[01:43] | Don’t bother with lunches then, Mum. | 那妈妈不用准备午餐了 |
[01:45] | – Why? – Dad does his Fajita Fridays. | -为什么 -爸爸周五做墨西哥烤肉 |
[01:47] | Mm. For lunch? | 午餐吃这个吗 |
[01:48] | As soon as we get in. | 我们去到就有了 |
[01:50] | – Gets takeaway? – No. | -叫外卖吗 -不是 |
[01:51] | He makes them, | 他自己做 |
[01:53] | from scratch. They’re the best. | 全都自己做哦 最棒了 |
[01:56] | Bet they’re delicious. | 一定很好吃吧 |
[01:57] | Piping hot. | 热辣辣的 |
[01:59] | – Yeah. – “Piping hot.” | -对啊 -热辣辣的 |
[02:08] | Yeah, okay. Enough with the sighing. | 行了 别叹气了 |
[02:10] | I get it. | 我知道 |
[02:12] | It’s not your bag. | 不是你的菜 |
[02:13] | You know, it’s not… | 这不够 |
[02:14] | – highbrow enough. – Highbrow? | -严肃高雅 -严肃高雅 |
[02:17] | What’s with this… spitting and choking? | 这又吐又掐的 是什么意思 |
[02:21] | They’re supposed to love each other? | 他们爱着对方吗 |
[02:22] | Oh. You poor sheltered child. | 你这温室小花朵 |
[02:26] | Everyone’s doing it these days. | 最近大家都这样做 |
[02:28] | Really? Is that based on actual scientific fact | 真的吗 这是有科学依据 |
[02:31] | or something you’re regurgitating from trashy magazines? | 还是你从垃圾杂志里吐出来的 |
[02:33] | I-Is Chat trashy? | 查特是垃圾杂志吗 |
[02:35] | You need to buy me lunch. | 你得请我吃午饭 |
[02:36] | Exactly. Well, I can buy you a very nice lunch. | 好的 我请你吃好的 |
[02:41] | Do you think it’ll sell? | 你觉得会大卖吗 |
[02:42] | Sadly, I do. | 尽管很难接受 但我觉得会 |
[02:43] | – Do you? – Hmm. Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[02:48] | Super interesting guy. | 他人超级有趣 |
[02:50] | – Ooh, really? – Mm. Good-looking, too. | -真的吗 -还很帅 |
[02:52] | I mean, not that shallow things like looks matter to you. | 不是说你重视长相啦 |
[02:55] | Lily, Lily. I’m actually all right where I’m at right now. | 莉莉 我现在一个人也不错 |
[03:01] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[03:04] | My marriage just didn’t work. | 我的婚姻没成功 |
[03:05] | It ended. You know. | 结束了 |
[03:07] | That’s because you chose a besotted boy | 那是因为你选了个男孩 |
[03:09] | when you needed a man. | 但你需要的是男人 |
[03:10] | It wasn’t Van’s fault. | 不是凡的错 |
[03:12] | I had big plans for married life, | 我给婚姻生活制定了大计划 |
[03:15] | constant expectations leading to disappointment. | 而越多的期望带来的是失望 |
[03:17] | – I know. – It was as much my fault | -我知道 -这也是我的错 |
[03:17] | – as it was his. – But it was never gonna work. | -两人都有错 -但这不可能会成 |
[03:19] | No. | 不 |
[03:20] | I’m not closed off to it. | 我没有放弃 |
[03:21] | If it, if it happens, it happens. Wonderful. | 如果能遇到对的 那太棒了 |
[03:24] | I’m just not gonna peddle myself like some used car on a website. | 但我不会像挂在网上的二手车那样推销自己 |
[03:27] | But you’re a vibrant young woman. | 但你是个年轻活力的女性 |
[03:28] | You know, you should be with somebody. | 你应该好好谈恋爱 |
[03:30] | ‘Cause you are? | 因为你有男朋友 |
[03:31] | How is that working out for you? | 有男朋友感觉怎么样 |
[03:34] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[03:35] | I could wring his neck. | 我能拧断他的脖子 |
[03:37] | And not in a good way. | 不是好的那种拧法 |
[03:39] | There is no good way. | 没有好的拧法 |
[03:39] | Oh, you’d be surprised. | 是你不知道 |
[03:41] | You are such a prude. | 你可真会假正经 |
[03:49] | Okay. Come on, guys. I don’t think your mum’s here. | 好了 来吧 孩子们 我想妈妈不在家 |
[03:52] | Think she might have had an early morning. | 应该是很早就出门了 |
[03:54] | Or a late night. | 或者现在还没回家 |
[03:56] | I have keys. | 我有钥匙 |
[03:57] | Oh, no. We’ll… | 不 我们 |
[03:58] | – we’ll-we’ll come back. – Wait, she’s opening. | -我们 我们晚点再来 -等等 她开门了 |
[04:01] | I’m really sorry about this. | 真是非常抱歉 |
[04:03] | Uh, I-I tried texting. Uh, Boo needs her ukulele. | 我 我试过给你发短信 布想要她的尤克里里 |
[04:06] | Saturday morning. | 周六清早 |
[04:09] | Why aren’t you glued to screens like regular kids? | 你为什么不像普通孩子一样抱着平板不放 |
[04:12] | That’s because I have my talent competition. | 因为我要参加达人比赛 |
[04:15] | – You’re coming, right? – Yeah. | -你会来看的 对吧 -对 |
[04:16] | Wild horses wouldn’t stop me. | 八匹马都拉不住我 |
[04:20] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:21] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[04:21] | It’s her flask. | 是她的保温杯 |
[04:23] | Dad made yummy soup. | 爸爸做了好喝的汤 |
[04:26] | – And it keeps it piping hot. How’d you get so good at this? – Yeah. | -它能给汤保温 你怎么那么厉害 -对 |
[04:29] | At what? It’s just soup. | 什么厉害 只是汤而已 |
[04:30] | It’s, uh, mixed vegetable, a little bit of basil, | 各种蔬菜 一点罗勒 |
[04:32] | – maybe some garlic… – Not the soup, dummy. The whole… | -或许再加点蒜 -不是说汤 傻瓜 是你… |
[04:34] | Super Dad thing. | 超级奶爸的架势 |
[04:36] | I don’t know. I guess, uh, when you’re on your own, | 不知道 我想 自己一个人 |
[04:38] | you have to do the stuff that the other person used to do. | 什么东西都得自己干了 |
[04:40] | You just got better at everything and I just got worse. | 你就是变得什么都会 而我什么都做不好 |
[04:42] | I think I had more room for improvement, didn’t I? | 可能我有更多进步空间 不是吗 |
[04:45] | – You have a point. – That’s true, yeah. | -有道理 -是啊 没错 |
[04:46] | – What time? – Oh, I guess, like, | -几点 -我想 大概 |
[04:48] | after the rehearsals. | 排练结束后 |
[04:49] | 2:30 in the Calder Hall, isn’t it? | 两点半在考尔德大厅 不是吗 |
[04:50] | – Oh, yeah. – Yeah. | -没错 -没错 |
[04:52] | Okay. Come on. | 好了 来吧 |
[04:53] | – Okay. Bye-bye. – Bye, Mum! | -好了 拜拜 -拜拜 妈妈 |
[04:55] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[05:05] | I don’t really like the competition aspect of these things, | 我不太喜欢这些表演的比赛性质 |
[05:07] | but that was bad. | 但刚才的表演很差 |
[05:08] | Yeah, that was. | 是啊 很差 |
[05:09] | And now we have Betty Cannon on the ukulele. | 现在让我们有请贝蒂·坎农表演尤克里里 |
[05:22] | *When you were young* | *当你小小年纪* |
[05:26] | *And on* | *就独立* |
[05:29] | *Your own* | *生活* |
[05:32] | *How did it feel* | *无依无靠* |
[05:36] | *To be* | *是什么样的* |
[05:39] | *Alone?* | *感觉* |
[05:41] | *I was always thinking of* | *我总是在想着* |
[05:47] | *Games* | *我玩的* |
[05:49] | *That I was playing* | *那些游戏* |
[05:52] | *Trying to make* | *尽量充分* |
[05:55] | *The best of my time* | *利用我的时间* |
[06:00] | *But only love* | *但是只有爱* |
[06:04] | *Can break your heart* | *才能让你心碎* |
[06:10] | *What if your world* | *你的世界* |
[06:14] | *Should fall* | *分崩离析* |
[06:17] | *Apart?* | *又怎样* |
[06:31] | I know. Look at her. | 我知道 看看她 |
[06:32] | Come to dinner. Tonight. If you fancy. Celebrate. | 来吃晚饭吧 就今晚 你们愿意的话 庆祝一下 |
[06:35] | You were saying earlier your cooking’s disimproved, so… | 你刚才说你的厨艺退步了 所以… |
[06:37] | So, I’ve got an idea. Ooh! Why don’t we order in and celebrate? | 我有个主意 我们为什么不点外卖庆祝呢 |
[06:42] | Why don’t we have that banana bread you made at school? | 我们要不吃你在学校做的香蕉面包吧 |
[06:44] | – There’s loads of that left. – No, no, um… No, that expired. | -还剩好多呢 -不要 都过期了 |
[06:46] | – No? I’d, um… – Yeah, and, also, | -不要吗 我… -对 还有 |
[06:48] | – the-the bananas weren’t… – I’d love to. | -那些香蕉没有… -我愿意去 |
[06:49] | If you’re busy, I didn’t mean to… | 如果你忙的话 我不是有意… |
[06:51] | Uh, no. I can, uh… I can, I can rearrange. | 不 我可以… 我可以重新安排 |
[06:54] | What, uh… what time? | 什么时候 |
[06:56] | – Seven? – Great. | -七点 -好 |
[06:59] | Okay, kiddies. I’ll, uh… | 好了 孩子们 我… |
[07:00] | I will see you later. | 我们晚点见 |
[07:03] | Bye-bye-bye-bye-bye. | 拜拜 拜拜 |
[07:04] | – Bye-bye, Dad. – Wait, don’t forget chocolate cake. | -再见 爸爸 -等下 别忘了巧克力蛋糕 |
[07:06] | Yeah, and… What about Flynn’s banana bread then? | 好 那弗林的香蕉面包呢 |
[07:08] | No… It expired, remember? | 不 那个过期了 记得吗 |
[07:09] | Wine! Wine. | 红酒 红酒 |
[07:10] | Okay, wine, Flynn’s banana bread… | 好的 红酒 弗林的香蕉面包 |
[07:11] | I think it went a little wrong whilst I was cooking it. | 我觉得我做的时候有点不对劲 |
[07:14] | – Yeah. – Come on. | -是的 -走吧 |
[07:15] | See you later. | 晚点见 |
[07:16] | Yeah! Okay, bye! | 好 再见 |
[07:18] | Come on. | 走了 |
[07:25] | No, I mean, I was immature. | 不 我是说 我那时不成熟 |
[07:29] | I loved… I loved the idea of being grown-ups, but I… | 我想变成大人 但… |
[07:33] | I didn’t really have any of the tools, you know? | 但却不具备任何成长的条件 |
[07:35] | So weird talking to a guy whose emotional baggage | 和男人谈论他对控制欲强的前妻的感情包袱 |
[07:38] | about his controlling ex-wife | 而我还完全可以理解 |
[07:39] | is something I can completely relate to. | 感觉太奇怪了 |
[07:42] | Well, my kids seem lovely. | 我的孩子们很可爱 |
[07:44] | – It’s… – Perfect date. | -这是… -完美的约会 |
[07:45] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[07:48] | Do you remember that flat in Bow? | 你还记得堡路那套公寓吗 |
[07:52] | How did we survive a winter there? | 我们是怎么度过那里的冬天的 |
[07:54] | Ha! You wore a ski suit to bed. | 你穿着滑雪服睡觉 |
[07:56] | – I remember that. – I did. | -我还记着呢 -是的 |
[07:59] | I finally found a woman to move in with me, | 我终于找到一个搬来和我住的女人 |
[08:01] | and… you were genuinely putting more clothes on | 而你甚至上床穿的衣服 |
[08:05] | to go to bed | 比白天 |
[08:06] | than you wore during the day. | 穿的还要多 |
[08:07] | I mean… Can you imagine | 我是说 你能想象吗 |
[08:09] | how disastrous that was for my… | 这对我年轻男性的心理 |
[08:12] | my young male psyche? | 造成了多大的打击 |
[08:14] | It had zips. | 衣服有拉链 |
[08:16] | I’d never skied. It was tricky. | 我从没滑过雪 太难了 |
[08:17] | Do you remember, do you remember that night | 你还记得… 你还记得那天晚上 |
[08:19] | where we… we, um… | 我们… |
[08:21] | we broke up the chairs and burned them on the fire | 我们把椅子拆掉用火烧了 |
[08:22] | – ’cause it was so… – You broke up the chairs. | -因为太… -你拆的椅子 |
[08:25] | And then when my parents came round, | 然后当我父母来的时候 |
[08:26] | there was nowhere for them to sit. | 都没地方给他们坐 |
[08:27] | – That was a red flag right there. – Oh, come on. It was romantic. | -那是个危险信号 -别这样 那很浪漫 |
[08:29] | It wasn’t romantic. | 那样才不浪漫 |
[08:31] | Eating tuna out of tins. | 吃罐头金枪鱼 |
[08:33] | No television, no… phone. | 没有电视 没有手机 |
[08:35] | No computers. | 没电脑 |
[08:37] | What the hell did we do all day? | 我们一整天都在做什么 |
[08:41] | We kissed. | 我们接吻 |
[08:46] | We sat on the sofa for hours, just… | 我们坐在沙发上几个小时 |
[08:48] | just kissing to pass the time. | 靠接吻来度过时间 |
[08:54] | Did we? | 是吗 |
[08:56] | Must’ve been… That must’ve been fun. | 那样肯定很有意思 |
[08:58] | You remember. | 你记得的 |
[09:01] | You don’t remember? | 不记得了吗 |
[09:08] | I remember the tuna. | 我记得金枪鱼 |
[09:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:53] | Come to bed. | 到床上来 |
[09:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:57] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[09:58] | No. | 真的吗 |
[10:02] | You still got the ski suit? | 你的滑雪服还在吗 |
[10:32] | Come on. | 快来 |
[10:33] | Shh. Don’t make a peep. | 嘘 别发出声音 |
[10:50] | Okay. Bye. | 好了 拜拜 |
[11:00] | That was fun. | 我挺开心的 |
[11:02] | It was. Yeah. | 我也是 |
[11:04] | They’ve got drama on Tuesdays, 6:00 till 8:00. | 她们星期二有戏剧课 六点到八点 |
[11:07] | Right. Okay. And? | 好的 然后呢 |
[11:16] | It’s a date. | 那约好了 |
[11:45] | Need a lift? | 要乘顺风车吗 |
[11:47] | I really thought I’d make it home. | 我以为我可以跑回去的 |
[11:48] | Then I remembered I’m… | 然后才想起来 |
[11:50] | I’m 48. | 我48岁了 |
[11:51] | What gives you the right to be so cheerful this time in the morning? | 你怎么一大清早就这么有精神 |
[11:53] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[11:55] | I just spent the night with the woman of my dreams. | 我跟我的梦中女神共度了一夜 |
[11:57] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[11:58] | Where’d you meet? | 你们在哪里遇见的 |
[11:59] | Well, that’s the tricky bit. | 这有点复杂 |
[12:00] | I, uh… | 我 |
[12:02] | I used to be married to her. | 以前跟她结过婚 |
[12:04] | Oh, do fuck off. | 可去你的吧 |
[12:08] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[12:10] | Van? | 凡 |
[12:13] | We weren’t very good at being married, but… | 我们不适合结婚 但是 |
[12:15] | everything else works. | 其它一切都挺好的 |
[12:15] | That’s twisted. | 大反转 |
[12:16] | I’m shocked. | 太震惊了 |
[12:19] | I’m sure you are. | 你肯定震惊了 |
[12:20] | Trapped in your orthodox marriage. | 你被传统婚姻制度困住 |
[12:22] | I don’t want to put a dampener on it, Liz. | 我不想给你泼冷水 莉兹 |
[12:24] | Aren’t you just taking the path of least resistance? | 你这不是在走最容易的路吗 |
[12:27] | You know, just falling back into something familiar. | 你只是怀念曾经熟悉的感觉 |
[12:29] | I’m not marrying him. | 我又不跟他结婚 |
[12:31] | Be very careful, Elizabeth. | 小心一点 伊丽莎白 |
[12:32] | It’s fun. | 很有趣 |
[12:34] | No expectations on either side. | 对对方没有任何期待的感觉 |
[12:51] | You look amazing. | 你美极了 |
[12:52] | Sorry. I was just, um… I’ve just come from work. | 抱歉 我刚刚才下班 |
[12:55] | Do-do you mind if I lift the bike in? | 你介意我把自行车放进来吗 |
[12:58] | Bring her in. | 放进来吧 |
[12:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:04] | I was, | 我 |
[13:06] | I was gonna pick up some wine on the way, | 我本来想在路上买瓶酒的 |
[13:08] | – and then I was like, “Is this…” – No, no. Don’t be silly. | -但我又转念一想 -别犯傻了 |
[13:09] | Don’t be silly. | 别犯傻 |
[13:23] | Maybe I should’ve got some wine. | 也许我们该喝点酒的 |
[13:26] | – Shall I go and get some? – No, no, no, no. | -要不要我出去买 -不不 |
[13:27] | I was just… No, it’s too sad. | 我只是 这太可悲了 |
[13:29] | – Okay. – And we haven’t got time. | -好吧 -并且我们也没时间了 |
[13:30] | There’s an Irish dance class after drama class. | 戏剧课后有个爱尔兰舞蹈课 |
[13:33] | Could sign the girls up for that. | 该给孩子们报名的 |
[13:35] | That would give us some time. | 这样我们就有更多时间了 |
[13:36] | Do we need that long? | 我们需要那么多时间吗 |
[13:37] | Well, it’s funny you should say that. | 我很高兴你提到这个 |
[13:38] | I did a-a tantric yoga class last week. | 我上周上了一节密宗瑜伽课 |
[13:42] | Yeah. I picked up a few tricks. | 对 我还学到了几招 |
[13:45] | Oh, you’re interested now? | 你现在有兴趣了吗 |
[13:46] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[13:47] | I might be interested. | 我可能会感兴趣 |
[13:49] | Well, I was at the back of the class, | 我的位置在教室后面 |
[13:50] | so, um… Oh, right. Here we go. | 好吧 我们继续吧 |
[13:51] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[13:52] | – But, from what I could see… – Were you, now? | -但在我看来… -你现在呢 |
[13:53] | No. From what I could see… | 不 在我看来… |
[13:55] | Can I show you? | 我能给你展示一下吗 |
[13:56] | So… | 就是… |
[13:58] | Yeah, uh, use… If you give me your hand | 好 用… 把你的手给我 |
[14:01] | and you sort of put that there… | 然后把手放在这里… |
[14:04] | – Saucy. – …and then… | -太撩人了 -然后 |
[14:05] | Yeah, it’s very saucy. | 是啊 非常撩人 |
[14:06] | And then this one under there. | 然后这只手放在下面 |
[14:08] | – Yeah? You paying attention? – Wow, I’ve never seen that before. | -你认真了吗 -我从没见过这种动作 |
[14:11] | Just round here. | 环抱住 |
[14:12] | – Okay. – Yeah. Concentrate. | -好 -认真点 |
[14:13] | Bog-standard so far. | 目前的动作都很基础 |
[14:15] | Okay, and this is where it gets… | 好了 这个动作变得… |
[14:16] | this is where it gets pretty complicated. | 这个动作变得非常复杂 |
[14:17] | – Okay. – You ready? | -好 -你准备好了吗 |
[14:19] | Okay. | 好了 |
[14:24] | Gonna keep this fun, right? | 继续保持幽默 好吗 |
[14:26] | Yeah. Yeah. No, of course. | 好 当然可以 |
[14:29] | No. You’re the boss. | 你说了算 |
[14:46] | No. | 不行 |
[14:47] | I’m going to have to call your mum. | 我要给你们妈妈打电话 |
[14:49] | Your dad’s phone is still going to answering machine, | 你们爸爸的电话转接到了语音信箱 |
[14:51] | and… I have to leave soon. | 我马上得走了 |
[14:54] | Can you call him once more? | 你能再给他打一次吗 |
[14:56] | My mum said she had something important on this afternoon. | 我妈妈说她今天下午有重要的事 |
[15:03] | Well, I was explaining to your colleague | 我跟你同事解释了 |
[15:05] | that I don’t have the receipt. | 我没有收据 |
[15:06] | It was, it was 12 years ago. | 那是12年前的事了 |
[15:08] | Yeah. Yeah. Exactly. | 对 没错 |
[15:12] | Oh, I actually don’t… | 我真的不… |
[15:15] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[15:16] | It was, um… | 那是… |
[15:19] | It was… The name? | 那是… 名字吗 |
[15:20] | The name is Cannon. | 名字是坎农 |
[15:22] | Ivan Cannon. | 伊万·坎农 |
[15:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:25] | I’m looking for the size, | 我想问问尺寸 |
[15:26] | the-the ring size, exactly. | 戒指尺寸 没错 |
[15:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:30] | Yeah, I’ll hold. Okay. Thank you. | 好 我会等着 好的 谢谢 |
[15:33] | Nice. Oh. | 不错 |
[15:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:35] | So… when the lady orders the baklava, | 当那位女士点果仁酥时 |
[15:38] | I return with one baklava and the ring on another plate. | 我上一碟果仁酥 另一个碟子装戒指 |
[15:41] | Or two baklava. | 还是上两碟果仁酥吧 |
[15:43] | And no ring? | 不送戒指吗 |
[15:44] | Oh, no, no. Definitely the ring. | 不 当然要送戒指 |
[15:46] | What if she orders something else? | 如果她点别的呢 |
[15:48] | Oh, well, just, um, put it beside whatever she orders. | 那就把戒指放进她点的东西旁边 |
[15:52] | Gotcha. | 明白了 |
[15:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:54] | Um, great. | 很好 |
[15:57] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运 |
[15:58] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[16:01] | What? | 什么 |
[16:04] | I found out today. | 我今天才发现 |
[16:09] | Why didn’t you… why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么…为什么不告诉我 |
[16:10] | I just… I only just… | 我只是…我只是… |
[16:19] | I only just found out, and, um… | 我只是刚刚发现… |
[16:23] | Yeah, I’ve got breast cancer, | 没错 我患了乳腺癌 |
[16:24] | and it’s quite advanced. | 已经很晚期了 |
[16:27] | Why didn’t you tell me? What… | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[16:28] | It’s not your problem. | 这不是你的问题 |
[16:35] | Well, what have you… Did you tell the girls? | 你有没有…有没有告诉孩子们 |
[16:37] | I haven’t said anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[16:38] | Haven’t… I haven’t told anybody. | 没有…我没有告诉任何人 |
[16:41] | Listen, I’ll… I’ll move back in. | 听我说 我…我会搬回来 |
[16:43] | I’ll move back in. It’s, um… | 我会搬回来 这… |
[16:48] | Liz, let-let’s get… let’s get married again. | 莉兹 我们…我们复婚吧 |
[16:51] | Let’s just… | 我们就… |
[16:53] | let’s just… | 我们就… |
[16:54] | Why the fuck would I want to get married? | 我他妈的为什么会想再结婚 |
[16:59] | I don’t know. I just… | 我不知道 我只是… |
[17:00] | The last few months have been great, and… | 过去的几个月过得很棒 |
[17:03] | this doesn’t change anything. This is just a diagnosis. | 这并没改变任何事 这只是一个诊断结果 |
[17:05] | This is not the end of your life. | 不是你生命的终点 |
[17:06] | And I want to be with you. | 而我想和你在一起 |
[17:11] | Liz, I… | 莉兹 我… |
[17:14] | I want to be with you, and… | 我想和你在一起 还有… |
[17:24] | I can’t… really… | 我…真的无法… |
[17:26] | deal with this right now. | 现在还考虑这种事 |
[17:37] | Enjoy. | 请慢用 |
[17:47] | Liz, look, I’m-I’m just… | 听着 莉兹 我只是… |
[17:49] | No, no, no, no. Please, I just… | 不不不 拜托 我只是… |
[17:52] | I need some space. | 我需要一些空间 |
[18:05] | You have one new message received at 10:15 p.M. | 您于晚上10:15收到一则新信息 |
[18:09] | Hey. I’m sorry my timing is so shitty. | 喂 抱歉我选择的时间很糟糕 |
[18:12] | And of course I’m here for you in whatever c… | 无论怎样…我当然会一直在你身边 |
[18:42] | Why is this happening now? | 为什么会这样 |
[18:44] | I’m afraid you can’t plan your life out. | 我想说你恐怕无法规划你的人生 |
[18:47] | Not like chess, is it? | 不像象棋那样 对吗 |
[18:49] | You can’t work out 20 moves ahead. | 你无法提前20步想到怎么下 |
[18:52] | Things just happen that you can’t… | 你无法… |
[18:55] | that you can’t foresee. | 你无法预见的事情会发生 |
[18:57] | And sometimes they’re really good things, | 有时是好事 |
[18:59] | like… | 像是… |
[19:01] | falling in love. | 坠入爱河 |
[19:03] | Like having two beautiful girls. | 生两个漂亮的女儿 |
[19:06] | – Hmm? – Yeah. Yeah. | -对吗 -对 对 |
[19:08] | And sometimes they’re rubbish things. | 有时是很糟糕的事 |
[19:09] | – Yeah. – Like being here. | -没错 -比如来这里 |
[19:11] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[19:14] | Is that an invitation for a hug? | 这是想要一个拥抱吗 |
[19:16] | – Yes. – Mm. I’ll have that, please. | -是的 -那我接受了 |
[19:18] | I’ll take it. Thank you. Mm. | 我接受了 谢谢 |
[19:23] | I feel much better. | 我感觉好多了 |
[19:25] | – Same. – Yeah. | -我也是 -没错 |
[19:27] | That’s good. | 感觉真好 |
[19:28] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[19:36] | …chop these up. | 把这些切成块 |
[20:24] | I appreciate that, | 我明白 |
[20:26] | but only next of kin or immediate relatives | 但只有近亲或直接亲属 |
[20:28] | are allowed in the recovery ward. | 才能被允许进入康复病房 |
[20:29] | And next of kin is given here as a Mrs. Lily De Courcy. | 近亲这里写的是莉莉·迪库西太太 |
[20:31] | Okay, all right, this is… this is ridiculous. | 好吧 这…这太可笑了 |
[20:34] | I’m their father, for God’s sake. | 天呐 我是她们的父亲 |
[20:35] | I understand that, but there’s nothing I can do. | 我理解 但我无能为力 |
[20:37] | I can only go by the patient’s declaration. | 我只能依照病人的声明 |
[20:40] | Mrs. De Courcy is in there at the moment. | 迪库西太太目前正在里面 |
[20:42] | Do you want me to ask her to come out | 你想让我叫她出来吗 |
[20:43] | and perhaps she can take the children in briefly? | 也许她可以带孩子们进去一会儿 |
[20:45] | It’s okay, Boo. It’s okay. | 好的 布 好的 |
[20:47] | Okay. Yeah. If you could do that. Thank you. | 好的 如果你可以的话 谢谢你 |
[20:49] | Hey, girls. | 嗨 姑娘们 |
[20:51] | Yeah, your mum is doing really well. | 你们的妈妈非常勇敢 |
[20:53] | Okay, I’m gonna take you in in a minute, okay? | 来吧 我带你们进去一会儿 好吗 |
[20:56] | I’m sorry. You know, they couldn’t be happier. Yeah. | 对不起 医生非常满意 |
[20:58] | Surgery’s gone really well. | 手术非常成功 |
[21:00] | They think they’ve got everything. | 他们觉得没问题了 |
[21:02] | – They’re really pleased. – Okay. | -他们真的很开心 -好的 |
[21:04] | And Liz is doing great. | 莉兹状态很好 |
[21:05] | Uh, thank you. That’s great. | 谢谢你 太棒了 |
[21:07] | She’s, uh, booked in for radiation on Tuesday. | 她预约了周二做放疗 |
[21:10] | – Okay. – So they’ve given me a schedule. | -好的 -他们把时间安排发给我了 |
[21:12] | – But I’ll just forward it on to you? – Sure. | -我回头转发给你 -好的 |
[21:14] | Yeah. Um… | 好的 那个… |
[21:16] | Okay. Uh, girls, um, go in with Lily, | 好了 孩子们 跟莉莉阿姨进去吧 |
[21:18] | – and I’ll-I’ll wait for you here, okay? – Okay. | -我在这儿等你们 好吗 -好的 |
[21:20] | – Bye, Dad. – Okay? | -一会见 爸爸 -好了 |
[21:21] | – We’re gonna be quiet as mice, okay? – Yeah, okay. | -我们要非常安静 好吗 -好的 |
[21:23] | Because it’s a recovery ward, not really her room. | 因为这是康复病房 不是妈妈的病房 |
[21:26] | Yeah. Let’s try and be quiet. | 好了 我们小声点 |
[22:08] | You have one old voice mail received at 10:15 p.M. | 您于晚上10:15收到一则新信息 |
[22:12] | Hey. I’m sorry my timing is so shitty. | 喂 抱歉我选择的时间很糟糕 |
[22:16] | And of course I’m here for you in whatever capacity you need. | 不论怎样 我当然会一直在你身边 |
[22:20] | But the truth is | 但事实是 |
[22:22] | that I love you. | 我爱你 |
[22:24] | The reason that I’m free on Saturday nights, every night, | 我每个周六晚上 其他晚上都有空 |
[22:27] | is because I stopped dating. | 是因为我不跟别人约会了 |
[22:29] | I felt stupid sitting opposite some woman who wasn’t you. | 对面坐着的女人不是你 让我感觉自己很蠢 |
[22:33] | And that has nothing to do with the girls | 这跟孩子们没关系 |
[22:35] | or our marriage or even your diagnosis. | 跟我们的婚姻或者你生病了都没有关系 |
[22:38] | I want to be with you, | 我想和你在一起 |
[22:40] | and I want you to be sure about that. | 我想让你知道这一点 |
[22:43] | I’m actually still at the restaurant. | 我现在还在饭店 |
[22:45] | I kind of thought you might come back. | 我还想着也许你会回来 |
[22:49] | That’s all I’ve ever really wanted. | 这才是我真正想要的 |
[22:51] | I know you didn’t want things to get too complicated, | 我知道你不想把事情搞得很复杂 |
[22:54] | but that’s kind of unreasonable in itself | 但这本身就没道理 |
[22:56] | because I can’t control how you make me feel. | 因为我没办法控制你给我的感觉 |
[23:00] | I know now that I never stopped loving you. | 我现在知道 我从未停止过爱你 |
[23:04] | So I’m-I’m running around like a-a crazed teenager | 所以每次你给我发短信 |
[23:07] | every time you text me. | 我就像个疯狂的少年一样跑来跑去 |
[23:09] | I don’t know what else to do in the face of everything | 面对这一切 除了告诉你 |
[23:11] | but to tell you that. | 我不知道还能做什么 |
[23:13] | Because… | 因为… |
[23:15] | it’s not going to change. | 这永远都不会改变 |
[23:17] | My feelings for you | 我对你的感觉 |
[23:19] | aren’t going to change. | 永远都不会改变 |
[23:21] | I have loved you since I met you, | 我第一次见你就爱上你了 |
[23:23] | and I will always love you. | 我也会永远爱你 |
[23:25] | End of. | 永远 |
[23:27] | Um, as the… as the girls would say. | 孩子们就是这么说的 |
[23:31] | Hey, if you want anything, we can stop. | 你有什么需要的话 我们可以先去别的地方 |
[23:33] | – I can run in. – I should be good. | -我去帮你买东西 -我没事的 |
[23:34] | – You sure? – Thanks. | -你确定 -谢谢 |
[23:42] | You’ve done more than enough, Lily. | 你已经帮了我非常多了 莉莉 |
[23:43] | Just go home. I’ll be fine. | 你回去吧 我没事的 |
[23:45] | Don’t be crazy. | 别说了 |
[23:46] | I wouldn’t hear of it. | 我当没听见 |
[23:48] | One… | 一… |
[23:50] | Surprise! I nearly had… | 惊喜来了 我差点… |
[23:52] | I nearly… | 我差点… |
[23:54] | That, | 那 |
[23:55] | that is a real surprise. | 这真是个惊喜 |
[23:57] | So lovely. | 太贴心了 |
[23:58] | – What a lovely surprise. – Hello. Say hello. | -真是个意外的惊喜 -你好 说”你好” |
[23:58] | Give me a little kissy. Careful of my arm. | 来亲亲我 当心我的胳膊 |
[24:01] | I see… | 我明白了 |
[24:02] | Did you miss… You missed my cooking, didn’t you? | 你们想 你们想我做的饭了 对吗 |
[24:04] | Yeah, we miss everything about you. | 是的 我们想念你的一切 |
[24:05] | – I miss everything about you. – Yeah, we sure did. | -我也想念你们的一切 -是的 我们的确是 |
[24:07] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[24:08] | – Sit down, Mum. – Thank you. | -坐下 妈妈 -谢谢 |
[24:10] | Thank you. Can you stay for a bit? | 谢谢 你能留下来一会吗 |
[24:12] | – I want to… – Yeah, yeah, of course. | -我想… -行 好的 当然可以 |
[24:13] | …let her go. Madam, | 放她走 女士 |
[24:16] | – you are free to go. – Balloons and… | -你可以走了 -气球和 |
[24:17] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我明天给你打电话 |
[24:18] | – See ya, Van. – Thanks, Lily. See ya. | -再见 范 -谢谢你 莉莉 再见 |
[24:19] | Hey, girls. | 姑娘们 |
[24:21] | Bye! | 再见 |
[24:23] | – Well, let’s get my coat. – Shut this up. | -让我把外套脱了 -把这个关上 |
[24:25] | – I’m gonna take your coat. – You’re gonna take my coat for me. | -我给你拿外套 -你替我拿外套 |
[24:29] | Do you want to have a race, | 你们想比赛吗 |
[24:30] | you two? Yeah? | 你们两个 想吗 |
[24:31] | – Yeah. – Ready? Steady? Go. | -想 -准备好了吗 预备 开始 |
[24:33] | Ready, steady, go. | 准备好 预备 开始 |
[24:35] | Crocodiles and sharks. Okay. | 鳄鱼和鲨鱼 好吧 |
[24:36] | Oh, Boo’s really quick. | 布真的很快 |
[24:41] | Come on. | 加油 |
[24:43] | What did you just say? | 你刚说了什么 |
[24:44] | I said if they both do it, | 我说如果她们都能通过 |
[24:46] | – um, without touching the ground… – Oh! Oh, my God. | -而脚不落地 -天啊 |
[24:48] | …I’m gonna get them lunch at Alfred’s. | 我就带她们去阿尔弗雷德餐厅吃午餐 |
[24:50] | What a sap. | 真好骗 |
[24:52] | I thought you were supposed to be toughening them up. | 我以为你应该让她们坚强起来 |
[24:54] | Okay, you’ll take the gravel. | 好吧 你走石子路 |
[24:55] | – I would’ve been over here already. – No! | -我早就到这里了 -不 |
[24:56] | Toughening them up? Have you seen them? | 让她们坚强起来 你看到她们了吗 |
[24:59] | I think… I think they’d both kill us without missing a beat. | 我想 我想她们会毫不犹豫地杀了我们 |
[25:02] | I got Captain Maloney! | 我抓到了马洛尼船长 |
[25:03] | Okay, now I need to go save him. | 好吧 我现在需要去救他 |
[25:07] | – Oh, my God. Did you see these gems? – They’re amazing. | -天啊 你看到这些宝石了吗 -真太漂亮了 |
[25:10] | Scuse me. How much is this? | 请问这个多少钱 |
[25:12] | Like, for all the crystals? Choosing some to ask question? | 所有水晶吗 请选一个问吧 |
[25:14] | Show her your crystals. | 给她看看你们的水晶 |
[25:18] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[25:18] | – This one’s, like, a crystal tree. – It’s a dreamcatcher, Mum. | -这个就像棵水晶树 -这是个捕梦网 妈妈 |
[25:20] | Mummy, look. Is this, like, a crystal solar system? | 妈妈 快看 这是水晶太阳系吗 |
[25:23] | – What are these? – A bit small. | -这些是什么 -有点小 |
[25:25] | – What’s the heart? – Well, you… | -核心是什么 -你… |
[25:27] | well, you need to bring your pocket money with you. | 你们需要带上你们的零花钱 |
[25:35] | – Just one. – Okay. | -就一片 -好的 |
[25:36] | I should put it. Go to bed. | 我应该换上 然后睡觉 |
[25:37] | – I am. – Daddy! | -好的 -爸爸 |
[25:39] | I’ll be five minutes, honey! | 我五分钟后来 亲爱的 |
[25:41] | – I can do it by myself. – Okay? | -我可以自己换 -好吗 |
[25:42] | I can do it by myself. | 我可以自己换 |
[25:44] | No. Uh… | 不 |
[25:46] | It’s okay. Uh… | 没事的 |
[25:48] | If… if it, if it’s okay with you, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[25:50] | I, uh… | 我 |
[25:52] | – Yeah, sure. – Okay. | -行 当然可以 -好吧 |
[25:54] | Nothing to hide. | 没什么要隐瞒的 |
[25:56] | Literally. | 真的 |
[26:01] | Okay. It’s all right. | 好吧 没事的 |
[26:06] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[26:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:13] | Stuck. | 黏住了 |
[26:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[26:26] | – There’s that. – Okay. | -这就好了 -好的 |
[26:27] | – Can I take this off? – Take the other piece. | -我能把这个拿下来吗 -贴上另一块 |
[26:28] | – It’s fine. – Yeah, okay. | -没事的 -是 好的 |
[26:40] | Don’t want to touch there. | 别碰那儿 |
[26:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:52] | Help put my dressing gown on me, please? | 帮我把睡袍穿上 好吗 |
[27:00] | It was the biggest crocodile | 那是她见过的 |
[27:02] | – she’d ever seen. It… – Uh, what was the… | -最大的鳄鱼 它 -什么是 |
[27:05] | The crocodile’s mouth was this big. | 鳄鱼的嘴有这么大 |
[27:06] | – Um, are you sure it was a crocodile? – It had 100 teeth in it. | -你确定是鳄鱼吗 -它嘴里有一百颗牙 |
[27:09] | – That’s an alligator. – Like this? | -那是短吻鳄 -像这样吗 |
[27:10] | The-the crocodile… | 鳄鱼 |
[27:11] | – A bit like that. Exactly. – Are you sure it’s a crocodile | -有点像这样 没错 -你确定是鳄鱼 |
[27:12] | – and not an alligator? – And the crocodile | -而不是短吻鳄吗 -然后鳄鱼 |
[27:13] | looked at her… Hey. | 看着她 |
[27:16] | Would you mind staying? | 你可以留下来吗 |
[27:18] | Yeah. Of course. | 当然没问题 |
[27:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:28] | And the crocodile’s mouth had… | 鳄鱼的嘴里有 |
[27:30] | Guess how many teeth it had in it. | 猜猜它嘴里有多少颗牙齿 |
[27:31] | – A hundred, a thousand. – Fifty. | -100颗 1000颗 -50颗 |
[27:33] | A thousand teeth. | 有1000颗牙齿 |
[27:38] | Van’s been great. | 凡很好 |
[27:39] | With the girls, with me. | 对女儿 对我 |
[27:42] | Patient, reliable. | 充满耐心 很可靠 |
[27:46] | Capable. | 很有能力 |
[27:51] | Just gets on with it, really. No fuss. | 习惯就好 别大惊小怪的 |
[27:56] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[27:59] | I don’t know what I feel. | 我不知道我是什么感觉 |
[28:03] | I’m beginning to think that maybe I never stopped loving him. | 我开始觉得 也许我从未停止过爱他 |
[28:07] | That doesn’t mean we’re meant to live together. | 并不是说我们要一起生活的意思 |
[28:12] | I’m not well. | 我身体不好 |
[28:14] | Everything feels… | 一切都感觉 |
[28:17] | uncertain. | 不确定 |
[28:21] | When next do you see Dr. Wyman? | 你下次什么时候找怀曼医生问诊 |
[28:23] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[28:26] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:27] | You don’t think it’s good news? | 你觉得不会有什么好消息吗 |
[28:37] | Although we haven’t beaten it yet, | 虽然我们还未战胜癌症 |
[28:40] | it’s important to stay positive, Elizabeth. | 但是保持乐观很重要 伊丽莎白 |
[28:45] | What I’d like us to do | 我希望我们能 |
[28:47] | is to change our approach | 改变我们的治疗方法 |
[28:49] | and join a clinical trial | 加入我同事 |
[28:50] | a colleague of mine, Dr. Kang, is running here, | 康医生进行的临床试验 |
[28:53] | using an immunotherapy drug. | 采取免疫疗法 |
[28:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:57] | Obviously, there’s no track record, | 显然 没有任何历史记录 |
[28:59] | so I can’t provide you with much data, | 所以我无法向你提供多少数据 |
[29:01] | but initial indications are very promising. | 但初步迹象表明是很有疗效的 |
[29:05] | Would I have to be admitted? | 我需要住院吗 |
[29:06] | Only for a couple of days. | 只需要住几天 |
[29:08] | And if your tolerance is okay, you could continue at home. | 如果你耐受性尚可 可以在家中继续治疗 |
[29:13] | Sign me up. | 我愿意参与 |
[29:15] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[29:17] | You’re making the right choice. | 你做了正确的选择 |
[29:20] | I’ll get all the paperwork. | 我为你准备所有的文件 |
[29:24] | could you bring my original admissions form? | 能把我的原始入院表格调取出来吗 |
[29:26] | I’d like to change my next of kin. | 我想改下我的近亲名单 |
[29:30] | What? | 什么 |
[29:32] | I’m bumped? | 我被替掉了吗 |
[29:33] | Yep. | 是的 |
[29:41] | It’s Italian roast, | 这是意式烤肉 |
[29:43] | Dad’s favorite. Hmm. | 爸爸的最爱 |
[29:47] | Let’s see. | 我尝尝 |
[29:53] | Delicious. | 真好吃 |
[29:55] | Told you. | 跟你说了吧 |
[29:56] | But… | 但是 |
[29:57] | tomato-y? | 有点番茄味 |
[29:59] | You didn’t wash it out, you idiot. | 你没洗干净 你个傻瓜 |
[30:02] | I’ll tell you what, you and Betty | 我跟你们说 你和贝蒂 |
[30:03] | can buy something in the vending machine. | 可以去自动售货机上买些东西 |
[30:05] | And then I’ll come and get you. Okay? | 我等会就来找你们 好吗 |
[30:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:18] | How many times has one of them done that | 她们两个这样做过多少次 |
[30:19] | and I haven’t even noticed? | 我却从未注意过 |
[30:24] | I can’t bear the thought of them growing up without me. | 我无法想象她们的成长过程没有我 |
[30:28] | Hey, you’re gonna get through this, huh? | 你可以挺过去的 好吗 |
[30:30] | I mean, please? | 拜托了 |
[30:33] | You have to. They’re, uh… they’re already sick of me. | 你一定要挺过去 她们已经厌倦我了 |
[30:35] | They’re not sick of you. | 她们才没厌倦你呢 |
[30:37] | Can’t get enough of you. | 喜欢你都来不及 |
[30:40] | You’re actually amazing. | 你真的很棒 |
[30:42] | On that note. | 关于这一点 |
[30:46] | Da-dum. | 嗒哒 |
[30:48] | Don’t worry. It’s not a proposal. | 别担心 这不是求婚 |
[30:50] | It’s a… That was, um… | 这是个… |
[30:53] | Open it. | 打开吧 |
[30:55] | I just, I noticed you, uh, looking at that ring | 我只是 我注意到 你在商场里 |
[30:57] | at the market. | 盯着这枚戒指看 |
[30:59] | That… | 这个 |
[31:04] | Moonstone. | 月光石 |
[31:09] | Well, it was too small, but… | 那个太小了 但是 |
[31:18] | You had it altered. | 你改了尺寸 |
[31:20] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[31:23] | So annoying. | 真讨厌 |
[31:29] | Why? Am I driving you nuts? | 为什么 我把你逼疯了吗 |
[31:30] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:32] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:33] | I mean, sorry, not sorry. | 对不起 我不觉得抱歉 |
[31:44] | I would have said yes. | 我会说我愿意的 |
[31:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[31:50] | It’s not… Are you sure | 这不是 你确定吗 |
[31:51] | it’s not just the drugs talking? | 你这么说不是因为药物作用吗 |
[31:55] | I haven’t started them yet. | 我还没开始用药呢 |
[31:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:01] | That’s-that’s good to know. | 听你这么说真好 |
[32:03] | Yeah, for-for future reference. | 嗯 供将来参考 |
[32:07] | Yeah, there’ll be… there’ll be more proposals. | 是的 以后还会有更多的求婚 |
[32:09] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好的 -嗯 |
[32:10] | So-so be warned. | 所以 你要注意了 |
[32:16] | You probably, um… | 你可能… |
[32:19] | Yeah, I bet you know this, | 嗯 我猜你知道 |
[32:21] | but… | 但是 |
[32:22] | the, uh… the moonstone | 这个 这个月光石 |
[32:24] | is, uh, renowned for its healing properties. | 是…以其疗愈特性而闻名 |
[32:36] | Here’s to healing. | 在这就是疗愈 |
[32:39] | In all its forms. | 各种意义上的 |