时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | Are you gonna say something? | 你不打算说些什么吗 |
[00:31] | Eventually. | 最终会的 |
[00:32] | I’m gathering my thoughts. | 我在整理思路 |
[00:35] | It’s really just a yes or no answer. | 其实就是个是与否的问题 |
[00:37] | Oh, it’s much more than that. | 可比那复杂多了 |
[00:39] | Only if you need to make me feel bad. | 除非你想让我不好受 |
[00:41] | Sandy, there are certain things we have to do in life | 桑迪 我们的生命中有那么几件事是注定要做的 |
[00:43] | that are distasteful but absolutely necessary. | 虽然让人讨厌 但是却是必要的 |
[00:46] | I can think of several. Can you? | 我可以想出那么几件 而你呢 |
[00:48] | And I’m feeling bad. | 现在我的确感到不好受了 |
[00:50] | There’s colonoscopies, engagement parties, flossing. | 结肠镜检查啦 订婚派对啦 用牙线剔牙啦 |
[00:55] | Let’s see… | 再想想还有… |
[00:56] | Being stuck in a car with you. | 和你困在同一辆车里 |
[00:58] | Taxes, Sandy! | 还有交税 桑迪 |
[00:59] | Taxes are one of those distasteful things that we must do. | 交税也是我们必须得做的烦心事儿 |
[01:03] | We really had to go through colonoscopies to get here? | 我们真的必须要经历过结肠镜检查才能活到今天吗 |
[01:05] | Did you think the government would just forget about you? | 你以为政府会轻易地放过你吗 |
[01:08] | It’s possible, yes. | 这有可能啊 |
[01:09] | Hollywood has. | 好莱坞已经忘记我了 |
[01:11] | That’s amusing. It’s good you can joke at times like this. | 真有趣 这种时候你还能开得出玩笑可真不错 |
[01:14] | I fucked up, Norman. What do you want me to say? | 我搞砸了 诺曼 你还想让我说些什么 |
[01:18] | Are you gonna help me or not? | 你到底打不打算帮我 |
[01:19] | $300,000! | 三十万美金 |
[01:21] | Thereabouts. | 左右吧 |
[01:22] | “Thereabouts.” A little tip. | “左右吧” 提醒一下 |
[01:23] | When begging, it’s good to have an exact number. | 乞讨的时候 最好有个确切的数字 |
[01:26] | You’ll get it all back. | 我会全数还给你的 |
[01:27] | We’ll set up a payment plan, say, a thousand dollars a month. | 我们制定一个还款计划 比如每月还一千美元 |
[01:33] | Math isn’t really your strong suit, is it? | 数学可真不是你的强项 对不 |
[01:35] | – Why? – Why? That’s 25 years. | -怎么了 -怎么了 那可要还上二十五年 |
[01:38] | You know how old I’ll be when you finish paying me off? | 你知道等你还完我都多大岁数了吗 |
[01:41] | Dead! | 早死了 |
[01:42] | Okay. How about if I push it up to eleven hundred a month? | 好吧 加到一千一百美元每月怎么样 |
[01:44] | Still dead. | 我还是早死了 |
[02:09] | Listen… | 听着 |
[02:10] | I’m sorry I put you on the spot. | 我很抱歉把你置于这种境地 |
[02:12] | I got myself into this mess. | 我自己陷入了这种麻烦里 |
[02:14] | – I’ll get myself out. – Good. | -我会自己摆脱麻烦的 -那就好 |
[02:17] | So, just to be clear, I shouldn’t count on you to bail me out? | 所以 确认一下 我不能指望你帮我吗 |
[02:21] | Sandy, my concern is not about the 300 grand. | 桑迪 我不是担心那三十万 |
[02:23] | It’s about you and me. | 而是担心我们之间的关系 |
[02:24] | That kind of money can ruin a friendship. | 那样一笔钱会毁了我们的友谊的 |
[02:27] | What do you think jail will do to our friendship? | 你想什么呢 监狱才会毁了我们的友谊 |
[02:29] | Well, it’ll be a white-collar jail. | 没事 你会进经济犯监狱 |
[02:31] | You’ll be playing tennis with Bernie Madoff. | 你会和伯纳德·麦道夫一起打网球的 |
[02:31] | 纳斯达克前董事会主席 涉嫌史上最大庞氏骗局 | |
[02:33] | I don’t play tennis. | 我又不会打网球 |
[02:34] | You’ll learn. It’s fun. | 你会学会的 很有意思的 |
[02:51] | What’s goin’ on? | 发生什么了 |
[02:51] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[02:52] | – You’re on your own. – Oh, Min, come on! | -以后你就靠你自己吧 -得了吧 明 |
[02:55] | Mom said not to rely on you. | 妈妈告诉过我不要依赖你 |
[02:57] | She said you were a rotten human being, but I didn’t believe her. | 他告诉我你就是个渣男 而我却没信她的 |
[03:00] | Look, I may have had my flaws as a husband, | 听着 作为丈夫我或许有缺点 |
[03:01] | but as your father, I’ve been solid gold. | 但是做为你的父亲 我可是个无价之宝 |
[03:05] | Yeah, 24 fuckin’ carat. | 是啊 24K狗头金的 |
[03:07] | What did you think was gonna happen? | 你以为会发生什么 |
[03:09] | Well, it sounds a little silly now, | 听起来可能有点傻 |
[03:11] | but I was kind of hoping by the time the IRS figured it out, | 我有点指望等国税局查清楚情况时 |
[03:15] | I’d be in a vase on your mantel. | 我已经待在你家壁炉上的罐子里了 |
[03:17] | Mantel? | 壁炉上 |
[03:18] | You’re going under the sink next to the drain cleaner. | 你会待在排水沟旁边的水槽底下 |
[03:20] | Just give me a couple of days. | 再给我几天时间 |
[03:21] | I’ve got a plan to get us through this. | 我有一个能摆脱这一切的计划 |
[03:24] | Does it involve you robbing a bank? | 计划里包括抢银行吗 |
[03:26] | That’s plan B. | 那是备用计划 |
[03:27] | Hey, I get to be glib. You don’t. | 只有我能开玩笑 你没资格 |
[03:30] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:32] | So, what’s your plan? | 你的计划是什么 |
[03:34] | Honesty. | 实话实说 |
[03:35] | I’m gonna go to the IRS and I’m just gonna tell them the truth. | 我打算去国税局直接告诉他们真相 |
[03:39] | Which is? | 真相是 |
[03:41] | I haven’t figured that out yet. | 我还没想好呢 |
[03:50] | I disagree. He’s made his bed. Now he’s gotta lie in it. | 我可不赞成 他就是自作自受 |
[03:53] | Please spare me the cliches. | 别说那些陈词滥调了 |
[03:55] | He is your oldest and dearest friend. | 他可是你相识最久最亲近的朋友 |
[03:57] | Yeah, but that’s only because Ed Jacobs died. | 是啊 那只是因为埃德·雅各布斯死了 |
[03:59] | Norman, you have the money. Just give it to him. | 诺曼 你有的是钱 给他就是了 |
[04:02] | Excuse me, | 我没听错吧 |
[04:03] | but whatever happened to “Never a borrower or a lender be”? | 不是说”别向人借钱 也别借钱给人”吗 |
[04:06] | You wanna take advice from Shakespeare? | 你想接受莎士比亚的建议吗 |
[04:08] | He also said, “Kill all the lawyers.” | 他可还说过”尽歼律师” |
[04:11] | I agree with that, too. | 我的确同意这个观点 |
[04:14] | You know the right thing to do. Just do it. | 你知道怎么做最好 去做嘛 |
[04:16] | He’ll never pay me back. It’s ridiculous what he’s proposing. | 他永远都不会还我钱的 他的提议真是荒唐透顶 |
[04:19] | Sweetheart, you don’t want the money back. | 亲爱的 你根本就不想要他还钱 |
[04:22] | I don’t? | 我不想吗 |
[04:23] | No! | 不 |
[04:24] | You give it to him as a gift. No strings. | 就把这笔钱当做礼物送给他 没有附加条件 |
[04:31] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[04:34] | Sandy’s a proud man. | 桑迪是一个要强的人 |
[04:36] | If I don’t let him pay me back, he will go nuts. | 如果我不要他还钱 他会发疯的 |
[04:39] | Well, you just have to reassure him. | 那样的话你只要安慰他就好了 |
[04:40] | No, no, I… I want him to go nuts. | 不 不 我 我希望他发疯 |
[04:43] | That’ll be the fun part. | 他发疯是最有意思的部分 |
[04:45] | Why can’t it just be a noble gesture? | 你为什么就不能高尚一点呢 |
[04:47] | That’s in there, too. It’s genius, really. | 这一层也包含在内 真是太有才了 |
[04:50] | No strings is the biggest string of all. | 没有附加条件就是最大的附加条件 |
[04:53] | I think maybe you’re losing the spirit of this. | 我想你关注错事情的重点了 |
[04:55] | I still want it structured as a loan, | 我还是想以贷款的形式借给他 |
[04:57] | otherwise he’d pay taxes on the money. | 否则他可能用这钱交税 |
[05:00] | Or doesn’t pay taxes on the money, | 也可能拿了钱仍旧不交税 |
[05:01] | and we’re right back where we started. | 然后一切又重回原点 |
[05:03] | I’m gonna leave it to you to figure out the details. | 我要让你自己想清楚这些细节了 |
[05:06] | Yeah. Definitely a loan. | 是啊 一定得是贷款 |
[05:09] | But I don’t want him to pay me back, | 但是我可不想让他还贷 |
[05:10] | no matter how much he cries about it. | 不管他怎么哀求 |
[05:15] | This is gonna kill him! | 这肯定会让他难受死 |
[05:19] | No strings. | 没有附加条件 |
[05:23] | I’m sorry to make a scene, but this is really hard for me. | 我很抱歉这么戏剧化 但是这一切对我来说真的很难 |
[05:29] | When Mickey died… | 当米基去世的时候 |
[05:31] | Mickey was my accountant for over 30 years, and when he died… | 米基为我作了三十多年的会计 当他去世的时候 |
[05:36] | I just lost it. | 我心都碎了 |
[05:38] | You’ve got to understand… | 你可要知道 |
[05:40] | He was so much more than an accountant to me. | 他对我来说可不仅仅是个会计 |
[05:42] | He was my friend. He was my mentor. | 他是我的挚友 他是我的导师 |
[05:46] | Oh, hell, I’m just gonna say it. He was like a surrogate father. | 我就承认好了 他就像是我的代理父亲 |
[05:52] | So when he died… | 所以他过世后 |
[05:54] | I kinda like lost my mind, | 我就好像失去了理智 |
[05:56] | you know? I let all the paperwork slide. | 我把所有的书面工作都推到了一旁 |
[05:59] | And then when I realized that April 15th had come and gone | 之后当我终于意识到每年纳税日来了又去 |
[06:02] | and I hadn’t filed my taxes, | 而我没有交税务申报表 |
[06:05] | I didn’t know what to do! | 我不知所措了 |
[06:07] | Without the Mickster, I was just lost! | 没有了米克斯特 我迷失自我了 |
[06:14] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[06:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:16] | But why didn’t you get a new accountant? | 但是你为什么不雇一位新的会计呢 |
[06:22] | Because, uh… | 因为 |
[06:24] | Because getting a new accountant | 因为雇一位新的会计 |
[06:26] | would be acknowledging that Mickey was dead, | 会不断提醒我米基已经不在了的事实 |
[06:29] | and I still can’t do that! | 而我直到现在都无法接受这一点 |
[06:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:37] | Well, Mr. Kominsky | 柯明斯基先生 |
[06:39] | how do you propose we resolve this? | 你建议我们怎么处理这件事情呢 |
[06:41] | Honestly, I think I should pay you back. | 说实话 我认为我应该全数缴清 |
[06:45] | I should pay you back a hundred cents on the dollar. | 分文不少地全数缴清 |
[06:48] | Plus interest and penalties. | 还有利息和罚金 |
[06:50] | Yeah, sure, of course. It goes without saying. | 是啊 当然了 不用说也会的 |
[06:54] | So… | 那么 |
[06:56] | What do you think about a | 你认为 |
[06:58] | thousand dollars a month till we’re square? | 每月付一千美金直到偿完为止怎么样 |
[07:00] | That would take quite some time. | 那会花上很长时间 |
[07:03] | Twenty-five years. | 也就二十五年吧 |
[07:05] | I don’t think that’s gonna fly with my boss. | 我觉得我上司是不会批准的 |
[07:09] | Do you own the building that you teach from? | 你教书的那幢楼在你名下吗 |
[07:13] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[07:14] | If we seize the asset, sell it, | 如果我们把房产冻结 然后出售 |
[07:16] | we get our money, and everybody’s happy. | 我们就能得到钱 大家都会如愿 |
[07:19] | I’m not happy! | 我不会如愿啊 |
[07:20] | Well, one way or another, this gets resolved in 48 hours. | 好吧 不管怎样 四十八小时内就得解决问题 |
[07:24] | Or? | 不然呢 |
[07:25] | We’re the IRS. | 我们可是国税局 |
[07:27] | Use your imagination. | 你自己想象一下后果 |
[07:29] | Gee, I gotta tell you, | 天啊 我给你讲 |
[07:30] | I liked the thousand dollars a month better. | 我更喜欢每月一千美元的那个主意 |
[07:32] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[07:34] | Hey, Norman, what’s up? | 嗨 诺曼 怎么了 |
[07:37] | Yeah, no, I… I can meet you, yeah. | 好的 不 我可以见你 没问题 |
[07:40] | That’s great. No, I’m on my way. | 那太棒了 不 我马上到 |
[07:45] | Fuck you very much. I’ll be back with the money. | 感谢你全家 我会带着钱回来的 |
[08:02] | I took the liberty of ordering your Jack Daniel’s and Dr Pepper. | 我替你点了杰克丹尼威士忌加胡椒博士 |
[08:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:06] | I hope you don’t mind. I was curious, so I took a sip. | 我希望你不会介意 我很好奇是什么味儿 所以抿了一口 |
[08:09] | And? | 然后呢 |
[08:11] | I spit it into here. | 我吐到这里了 |
[08:13] | Charming. So what’s up? | 有意思 所以叫我来有什么事儿 |
[08:17] | After giving it much thought, I’ve decided to give you the money. | 经过深思熟虑 我决定给你钱 |
[08:21] | Oh, Norman, Norman, thank you. | 哦 诺曼 诺曼 你太好了 |
[08:24] | Thank you. I am beyond grateful. Thank you. | 太感谢你了 我真是感激不尽 太谢谢了 |
[08:27] | And like I said, I promise you, I’ll pay you back every penny. | 就像之前说过的 我保证会一分不差地还给你 |
[08:30] | No, no, no. That’s the one thing that won’t happen. | 不 不 不 那是不可能发生的事儿 |
[08:33] | I’m giving it to you as a gift. | 我是要把这笔钱当做礼物送给你 |
[08:34] | No, no, no, no. I gotta pay you back. | 不 不 不 不 我一定得还给你 |
[08:36] | Why? Because you have your pride? | 为什么 因为你那自尊心作祟吗 |
[08:38] | Yes, yes, because I have my pride. | 是啊 是啊 因为我有自尊心 |
[08:41] | That’s not my problem. I’m giving you the money, free and clear. | 那又不关我的事儿 我要送给你钱 再简单不过了 |
[08:45] | No strings. | 没有任何附加条件 |
[08:47] | So you write me a check for 300 grand, | 所以你就打算给我开一张三十万美金的支票 |
[08:50] | and I’m supposed to carry on like nothing happened? | 然后指望我当做啥也没发生似的收下 |
[08:53] | No, I’ll write the IRS a check. I don’t trust you with the money. | 不 我会给国税局开张支票 在钱上我可不相信你 |
[08:58] | Why don’t you just cut off my balls? | 你为什么不直接割了我的蛋蛋 |
[09:00] | Why don’t you just take my money and be grateful? | 你为什么就不能充满感激地收下我的钱呢 |
[09:02] | I can’t. Giving me the money with no strings | 我不能 白给我钱还不开条件 |
[09:04] | is like the biggest string of all. | 这就是最大的附加条件了 |
[09:07] | Well, that’s a very cynical attitude. | 哇 你可真是愤世嫉俗啊 |
[09:09] | Norman, I have to pay you back. I have to make the effort. | 诺曼 我必须还你钱 我必须付出代价 |
[09:12] | No. | 不行 |
[09:13] | See, what’s gonna happen is | 接下来会发生的是 |
[09:14] | you’ll start out all gung-ho with a lot of enthusiasm, | 你将会为此付出全部的热情和努力 |
[09:17] | and then, before you know it, | 然后 在你意识到之前 |
[09:18] | you’ll be late on a couple of payments, | 你会在几次还款时拖上几拖 |
[09:20] | and I’ll have to ask you, “Where’s the money?” | 然后我就会追着你问 “我的钱呢” |
[09:22] | And you’ll get snippy with me, | 然后你就会和我耍心眼儿 |
[09:24] | and just like that, our friendship will be over. | 然后就那样 我们的友谊就彻底完蛋了 |
[09:26] | I’ll get snippy with you? | 我会跟你耍心眼儿 |
[09:28] | Look at that. You’re already snippy. | 你看看 你已经在耍心眼儿了 |
[09:30] | So you’re assuming that I not only won’t pay you back, | 所以你在设想我不仅仅不会还你钱 |
[09:33] | I’m incapable of paying you back? | 我还没能力还你钱 |
[09:35] | Correct. | 完全正确 |
[09:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:37] | All right. Well, thank you for your offer. | 谢谢你的提议 |
[09:39] | Here’s my counteroffer. | 我的答复如下 |
[09:43] | I’d like you to take that $300,000, | 你拿好那三十万美金 |
[09:45] | tie it up with that string that you claim is not a string, | 和你那个无条件的条件一起 |
[09:48] | and shove it up your ass. | 滚回娘胎去吧 |
[09:56] | Not as much fun as I thought it would be. | 没我想象中的有趣 |
[09:59] | Hi, this is Lisa. Please leave a message. | 你好 我是丽萨 请留言 |
[10:03] | I know you’re not really thrilled with me, uh, right now… | 我知道你现在对我有点意见 |
[10:08] | but compared to everybody else in my life, | 但是相较于我认识的其他人来说 |
[10:11] | “Not thrilled” Makes you | “有点意见”都能让你当上 |
[10:12] | president of the Sandy Kominsky fan club. | 桑迪·柯明斯基粉丝俱乐部主席了 |
[10:17] | Anyway, uh, I’d appreciate if you called me back, | 无论如何 期待你的回电 |
[10:21] | and soon, because I may not have a phone much longer. | 尽快会更好 可能不久以后我就没手机可用了 |
[10:29] | Bet you get a lot of vomit in these Uber cars. | 肯定天天有人在优步车上吐吧 |
[10:32] | Don’t worry. Don’t worry. I’m not a puker. | 别担心 我不吐的 |
[10:36] | The only way booze is | 对我来说 酒水顺肠过 |
[10:37] | jettisoned from my body is through my winky. | 只从鸡儿流 |
[10:42] | You’re a good listener. | 你真是个好树洞 |
[10:45] | Important skill as you move through life. | 人活这一遭 学会聆听是非常重要的 |
[11:01] | Thank you. Five stars. | 谢谢你 五星好评 |
[11:04] | Fuck it, six stars! Eh… | 管他呢 给你六星好评 |
[11:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:13] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:16] | Oh, let’s… let’s just see here. | 在这里试试 |
[11:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:25] | Jambox is in pairing mode. | 音响正在开启配对模式 |
[11:28] | There we go. | 走你 |
[11:29] | Hang on here. | 等等 |
[11:31] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[11:32] | Bluetooth is connecting. | 蓝牙正在连接 |
[11:36] | Yeah, baby! | 太好啦 |
[11:40] | Music. | 音乐 |
[11:42] | Peter Frampton. | 彼得·弗兰普顿 |
[11:44] | Peter, Paul and Mary. Peter Gabriel, there you are. | 彼得 保罗和玛丽 彼得·盖布瑞尔 就是你 |
[11:53] | *Michael, row the boat ashore Hallelujah* | *迈克尔 划着小船向岸边啊哈利路亚* |
[11:59] | Damn it. That’s the wrong Peter. | 妈的 不是这个彼得 |
[12:04] | Lisa? | 丽萨 |
[12:06] | I’m sorry! | 对不起 |
[12:09] | Hey, it’s Mr. Pissboy. | 嗨 这不是撒尿小伙吗 |
[12:11] | Where’s your mother? Prick. | 你妈呢 混球 |
[12:14] | She’s not home. | 不在家 |
[12:16] | Oh, shit. | 奶奶个腿的 |
[12:18] | Well… | 那 |
[12:19] | well… when is she coming home? | 她什么时候回家 |
[12:21] | I… I can’t hear you. Come closer. | 我听不见 走近点 |
[12:26] | Wh… when is… is she coming back? | 她…什么时候回家 |
[12:29] | A little closer. | 再近点 |
[12:30] | Are you… are you deaf? | 你聋了吗你 |
[12:32] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[12:35] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[12:38] | You little dick! | 小混球 |
[12:40] | Fuck you, man! | 去你的 |
[12:42] | God damn you! | 给你脸了 |
[12:44] | No, no, no, no, no! | 不不不不 |
[12:46] | Dance, Pissboy! | 跳舞吧 撒尿小伙 |
[12:53] | What the hell is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[12:55] | I want you to give me another chance! | 我希望你能再给我一次机会 |
[13:00] | Matthew, stop! | 马修 住手 |
[13:06] | Wha… What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[13:08] | I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry for taking you for granted. | 我来告诉你我不该那样不珍惜你 |
[13:12] | You’re the best thing | 你是老天的恩赐 |
[13:14] | that’s happened to me in a really long time, and… | 我很久都没有遇到过像你这样的人了 然后 |
[13:19] | I hope you come visit me in jail. | 我还希望你能来监狱看我 |
[13:21] | Why are you going to jail? | 你怎么就要进监狱了 |
[13:23] | My accountant died. | 我的会计死了 |
[13:25] | All right… Look… Co… | 好吧 |
[13:26] | Come… Come inside. Come on. Come with me. | 进来进来 |
[13:28] | – His name was Mickey. – Okay. | -他叫米基 -好好好 |
[13:30] | He was a great guy. | 他生前是个好人 |
[13:32] | Look, come on. Here. Step, step. | 小心台阶 |
[13:43] | – You got here fast. – Yeah. | -这么快 -是啊 |
[13:46] | – Thanks for coming. – Well, sure. | -谢谢你能来 -客气了 |
[13:48] | I’m sorry to have to call you like this. | 不好意思 这么急着给你打电话 |
[13:50] | – It’s just… – No, no. | -只是… -不不 |
[13:52] | Well, he’s… he’s an unusual man, your father. | 你父亲真不是个普通人 |
[13:55] | Yeah. He’s an idiot. | 可不 是个傻子 |
[13:59] | Come on, Dad. | 起来 爸爸 |
[14:03] | Why do I smell like gunpowder? | 为什么我身上一股炮火味 |
[14:06] | Come on. Let’s get you home. | 来吧 送你回家 |
[14:10] | I’m a little foggy. | 我有点记忆模糊 |
[14:13] | Did I win you back? | 我赢回你的心了吗 |
[14:15] | – No. – Okay. I’m gonna keep trying. | -没有 -好吧 再接再厉 |
[14:18] | Let me know when it stops being cute and turns into stalking. | 什么时候你受不了了就告诉我 |
[14:22] | – Will do. – Come on, Dad. | -好的 -来吧老爸 |
[14:24] | Yep. Keep going. | 对 继续走 |
[14:31] | Matthew! | 马修 |
[14:45] | So are you ready to take some advice, | 你是想听听建议 |
[14:47] | or do you still think you have all the answers? | 还是还觉得自己能行 |
[14:49] | I don’t have any answers. | 我从来就不行 |
[14:54] | What do you got? | 你有什么建议 |
[15:02] | I may have misspoke. | 我好像说错话了 |
[15:05] | Really? How so? | 为什么这么说 |
[15:07] | You made a very generous offer, | 你的提议非常慷慨 |
[15:10] | and I was, uh, less than gracious. | 而我却很不讲情面 |
[15:13] | Less than gracious? You told me to shove it up my ass. | 不讲情面 你还让我滚回娘胎呢 |
[15:15] | Like I said, I misspoke. | 不是说了嘛 口误口误 |
[15:17] | What my father is trying to say is | 我父亲想表达的是 |
[15:19] | that he’s very grateful for your help | 他非常感激你的帮助 |
[15:21] | and deeply appreciates your friendship. | 而且非常珍惜你们的友谊 |
[15:23] | Thank you, but I’d like to hear him say it. | 谢谢 我还是想听他本人承认 |
[15:25] | You really want to rub my nose in it, don’t you? | 就不给我台阶下是吧 |
[15:27] | You’re right. I’m being petty. | 没错 我这人很小心眼的 |
[15:29] | Well, you are. | 还挺有自知之明 |
[15:31] | So say it. | 说吧 |
[15:33] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[15:36] | I am really thankful for your help. | 我非常感激你的帮助 |
[15:39] | You are a good friend. | 你是个好朋友 |
[15:42] | All right. | 这就对了 |
[15:47] | Here’s the final number with interest and penalties. | 这是加上利息和罚金后的最终金额 |
[15:53] | I think I’d like to rub some more. | 看来还得多写点 |
[15:55] | Just write the check. | 写你的支票吧 |
[15:57] | All right. Let me just jot down in the memo “No strings.” | 好的 在附言里写上”无附加条件” |
[16:03] | Okay. Who’s less than gracious now? | 看看现在是谁不讲情面了 |
[16:05] | Suck it up. | 消停忍着 |
[16:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:23] | You should get down on your knees | 你应该跪谢老天爷 |
[16:24] | and thank God for a daughter like that, | 给你个这么好的女儿 |
[16:26] | because you did nothing to deserve her. | 因为你完全不配 |
[16:28] | Oh, you wanna talk about the daughters we deserve? | 你还好意思和我提女儿的事 |
[16:30] | Because I think you win that argument. | 我在这方面可远不及你 |
[16:35] | How dare you! | 你怎么敢 |
[16:36] | Phoebe’s problems are not my fault. | 菲比的问题又不是我的问题 |
[16:39] | So you’re gonna put it on your dear, departed wife? | 所以你要怪罪你那亲爱的已故妻子吗 |
[16:41] | Oh, that’s very classy. | 算你有本事 |
[16:43] | Eileen and I went to Al-Anon. | 我和艾琳一起去了戒酒会 |
[16:44] | They cleared us of all responsibility. | 他们说那不是我们的责任 |
[16:46] | Whatever you need to believe, buddy. | 随你便吧 兄弟 |
[16:49] | Come on! | 快点啊 |
[16:50] | What I believe is that you’re an ungrateful little man | 你是个不知感恩的无耻小人 |
[16:53] | whose bitterness about his failed acting career | 自己演艺生涯失败积攒了一肚子苦水 |
[16:56] | poisons his entire outlook on life. | 毁了对生活的全部期望 |
[16:59] | The only reason my acting career stalled | 我演艺生涯停滞的唯一原因 |
[17:02] | is I was stupidly loyal to an agent | 就是我竟然蠢到如此相信一个 |
[17:04] | who couldn’t find his asshole with a flashlight and a rake! | 打着手电筒都找不到自己屁眼在哪的经纪人 |
[17:07] | Oh, really? Shall I list the many successful actors I’ve represented, | 是吗 需要我给你列举几个我代理过的成功演员吗 |
[17:11] | some of whom have named their children after me? | 有些演员还给自己小孩取了我的名字 |
[17:13] | Bullshit! Nobody names their child Norman. | 屁话连篇 谁会给小孩取名诺曼 |
[17:18] | Ask Suzanne Somers what she named her Cockapoo. | 去问苏珊妮·萨默斯她的可卡犬叫什么 |
[17:21] | – That’s not a child! – Oh, yeah? | -小狗又不是小孩 -所以呢 |
[17:23] | You should see how she treats that dog! | 你怎么不去看看她把狗养得多好 |
[17:27] | If you wanna talk about successful, | 你要想跟我讨论成功的话 |
[17:29] | I had a Tony Award when I signed with you. | 别忘了我签你的时候还拿了托尼奖 |
[17:31] | I was hot! | 我可是个红人 |
[17:32] | Yeah, you were hot, | 是啊 你曾经是个红人 |
[17:34] | and then you came to Hollywood | 然后你去了好莱坞 |
[17:35] | and you pissed off every Jew that counted. | 惹毛了所有有势力的犹太人 |
[17:37] | You burned bridges. You burned roads. You burned tunnels. | 是你自己断了自己的后路 |
[17:40] | If there was a path to success, you set it on fire. | 只要见着成功的大门 你就一把二踢脚扔过去 |
[17:43] | Well, forgive me for having standards, for having integrity. | 原谅我是个有原则又正直的人吧 |
[17:47] | Standards and integrity are for Oscar winners. | 奥斯卡影帝才配讲原则讲正直 |
[17:49] | Everybody else has gotta bend over. | 其他人只配卑躬屈膝 |
[17:51] | Excuse me. Sorry. | 不好意思 抱歉 |
[17:53] | Jesus! Excuse me. Hold it! Hold it! | 天哪 借过 等一下 |
[17:57] | I’m so sorry. I’m not usually this person. | 太抱歉了 我平时不这样的 |
[18:00] | You know what? I don’t need this shit. I’ve got a class to teach. | 算了 我不需要听你胡诌八扯 我还要教课 |
[18:02] | Oh, sure, the Kominsky method. A how-to from a never-was. | 没错 克明斯基理论 向失败者学习成功之道 |
[18:07] | Hey, I may not have had the career I wanted, | 听着 我是演艺事业不太成功 |
[18:09] | but at least when I look in the mirror, I don’t see an agent. | 但撒泡尿照照自己吧 蠢经纪人 |
[18:13] | No, you see an old man | 撒泡尿照照自己 死老头子 |
[18:14] | desperately trying to look young by not shaving. | 不刮胡子还想装嫩 |
[18:18] | I had this look long before it was trendy. | 我这叫领先时尚潮流懂吗 |
[18:26] | Sandy Kominsky. Paid in full, bitch! | 桑迪·柯明斯基 全款付清 贱人看好了 |
[18:37] | And I have no car. | 没车开 |
[18:45] | Okay, we’ve got time for one more. | 我们还有时间再来一位 |
[18:48] | Anybody feeling lucky? | 谁想试试 |
[18:50] | I’d like to go. | 我想来 |
[18:54] | Margaret. Wonderful. | 玛格丽特 很好 |
[18:57] | What do you got for us? | 你准备了什么呢 |
[18:58] | I’ve been working on a monologue from Albee’s Virginia Woolf. | 我一直在练习爱德华·阿尔比《灵欲春宵》中的一段独白 |
[19:03] | Really? That’s kind of a tall order. | 真的吗 难度很大啊 |
[19:06] | I know. | 是的 |
[19:08] | But I think I’m ready to try it. | 但我准备好了 |
[19:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:11] | Go with God. | 跟着感觉走 |
[19:33] | George… | 乔治… |
[19:35] | who is out there somewhere in the dark. | 在黑暗中某个地方 |
[19:39] | George, who is good to me and whom I revile. | 乔治待我很好 我却辱骂了他 |
[19:44] | Who understands me… | 他理解我 |
[19:46] | and whom I push off. | 我却试图与他撇清关系 |
[19:48] | Who can make me laugh and I… | 他能逗我捧腹大笑 |
[19:51] | choke it back in my throat. | 但我却装作无动于衷 |
[19:54] | Who can hold me at night | 他能在寒夜给我温暖 |
[19:55] | so that it’s warm, and whom I will bite so there is blood. | 但我却反噬一口 不知感恩 |
[20:00] | Who keeps learning the games we play | 他试图学会我们的游戏 |
[20:03] | as quickly as I can change the rules. | 我却不停变换着规则 |
[20:07] | Who can make me happy, | 他能使我开怀 |
[20:08] | and I do not wish to be happy, and yes, I do wish to be happy. | 我却不想开怀 但其实 我很想开怀 |
[20:15] | George and Martha… | 乔治和玛莎 |
[20:18] | for whom I will not forgive for having come to rest. | 我无法原谅他们 |
[20:23] | For having seen me and having said, | 全因他们来看望我 说 |
[20:26] | “Yes, this will do.” | “是的 这样可以” |
[20:29] | Having made the hideous, the hurtful, the insulting mistake… | 全因他们犯了可笑伤人的错误 |
[20:36] | of loving me… | 爱我 就是个错误 |
[20:38] | and must be punished for it. | 他们会因此受到惩罚 |
[20:42] | George and Martha. | 乔治和玛莎 |
[20:46] | Sad, sad, sad. | 悲哀啊 悲哀 |
[21:09] | Margaret, I’ve been doing this for a long time, | 玛格丽特 我做这行已经很久了 |
[21:12] | and that’s one of the finest pieces of acting that I have ever seen. | 而你刚才的表演是我看过最精彩的表演之一 |
[21:23] | Thank you for being my teacher. | 真开心有你做我的导师 |
[21:25] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[21:53] | Mindy, it has come to my attention that I may have | 明迪 我发现我可能 |
[21:58] | – a bit of a character defect. – A bit? | -存在一点性格缺陷 -一点吗 |
[22:01] | – Let me finish. – Because a bit is just a little… | -听我说完 -一点就是说很少 |
[22:04] | You gotta let me talk, Min. | 听我说完 明 |
[22:08] | The defect of which I speak… | 我所说的缺陷 |
[22:11] | is that I take people for granted… | 是我根本不珍惜人 |
[22:15] | especially those that give a damn about me. | 不珍惜关心我的人 |
[22:21] | I know I’ve let you down, | 我知道我让你失望了 |
[22:23] | and I wanna do something concrete, you know, to make up for it. | 但我想亡羊补牢 补救一番 |
[22:27] | You wanna take me for ice cream, Dad? | 你想带我去吃冰淇淋吗 老爸 |
[22:30] | Oh, Jesus. Would you please, Min? | 天哪 你能不打断我吗 明 |
[22:35] | Apparently, I’m only good for one thing in life. That’s teaching. | 显然 我这辈子只干明白了一件事 就是教学 |
[22:39] | I seem to fuck up pretty much everything else that I do. | 剩下的我全搞砸了 |
[22:43] | Not everything. | 也不是全都 |
[22:47] | Most everything. | 基本上吧 |
[22:51] | This place wouldn’t be here… | 没有你 |
[22:53] | if it wasn’t for you. | 就没有这里 |
[22:57] | This is where you belong. | 你属于这里 |
[22:59] | So, from now on, I work for you. | 所以 从今以后 我听你调遣 |
[23:03] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[23:04] | Now that the studio is in the clear, | 现在工作室的欠款还清了 |
[23:07] | I’m gonna put it in your name. | 我要把它转入你名下 |
[23:10] | Dad, I don’t know what to say. | 爸 我真不知道该说什么 |
[23:13] | You don’t have to say anything. To me, at least. | 你什么也不用说 至少对我不用 |
[23:16] | You can tell your mom to go fuck herself. | 你可以告诉你妈去她的吧 |
[23:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:40] | – Hey. – What brings you here? | -你好 -什么风把你吹来了 |
[23:42] | I’m not happy with the way that we left things. | 上次我们结束得很不愉快 |
[23:46] | Really? | 是吗 |
[23:48] | Really. | 是的 |
[23:49] | Well, to be completely truthful, | 坦诚相待 |
[23:51] | I’m not too pleased with it, either. | 我也觉得不太愉快 |
[23:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:59] | Well, let me start… | 我先说了 |
[24:02] | by saying I’m sorry for some of the things that I said to you. | 抱歉 我说了一些不该说的话 |
[24:06] | Just some of them? | 就一些吗 |
[24:10] | Now you go. | 现在该你了 |
[24:14] | I’m sorry, as well. | 我也很抱歉 |
[24:16] | Okay, then. Well… | 好了 |
[24:18] | One last thing to do. | 最后一步 |
[24:22] | This is the first of 300 payments of a thousand dollars each, | 这是三十万中的第一笔 一千美元 |
[24:26] | paid monthly, | 按月付款 |
[24:29] | rain or shine. | 风雨无阻 |
[24:30] | Alive or dead? | 无论生死 |
[24:32] | Sure. | 说好了 |
[24:34] | I now understand how important this is to you. | 我现在理解这对你来说有多重要了 |
[24:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:41] | Hang on one moment. | 等一下 |
[24:47] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[24:49] | Just a second. | 马上 |
[24:52] | Alex! | 亚历克斯 |
[24:56] | I want to thank you for your excellent service. | 感谢你周到的服务 |
[25:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:10] | You rat fuck bastard. | 你这老混蛋 |
[25:13] | What? You don’t like Alex? He’s a lovely man. | 怎么 不喜欢亚历克斯吗 他人很好的 |
[25:17] | Would you like to order your stupid drink? | 还要点你那垃圾饮料吗 |
[25:20] | Well, I sure as hell can’t hang out with you sober. | 不喝点酒还真不能跟你好好相处 |