时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | Okay, so this is a monologue from the movie Apocalypse Now. | 好 这是电影《现代启示录》 当中的独白 |
[00:27] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的? -对 |
[00:29] | Colonel Kurtz. Brando. Cop-pole-a. | 马龙白兰度饰演的寇兹上校 导演“卡”波拉 |
[00:33] | Cop-pola. | 是“柯”波拉 |
[00:35] | Okay, you got the stage. | 好 舞台交给你 |
[00:49] | I’ve seen horrors. | 我见过恐怖 |
[00:52] | Horrors that you’ve seen. | 你们也见过的恐怖 |
[00:54] | But you have no right to call me a murderer. | 但你们无权说我是谋杀犯 |
[00:58] | You have a right to kill me. | 你们有权杀我 |
[01:00] | You have a right to do that. | 你们是有权这样做 |
[01:02] | But you have no right to judge me. | 但你们无权批判我 |
[01:06] | It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary | 不知恐怖为何物的人 |
[01:10] | to those who do not know what horror means. | 无法用言语跟他们形容 |
[01:14] | Hah! | 恐怖的意义 |
[01:15] | Horror. | 恐怖 |
[01:17] | Horror has a face. | 恐怖有一张脸孔 |
[01:19] | And you must make a friend of horror. | 而你必须跟恐怖做朋友 |
[01:23] | Horror and moral terror are your friends. | 恐怖和道德的恐吓是你的朋友 |
[01:27] | If they’re not, they’re enemies to be feared. | 否则就是要去惧怕的敌人 |
[01:29] | And they are truly enemies. | 而且是真正的敌人 |
[01:32] | Okay, let’s stop there. | 好 先停 |
[01:33] | But I’m almost at the part where the kid’s arms get chopped off. | 但我快说到孩童手臂被切断的部分了 |
[01:36] | I don’t care. | 我懒得管 |
[01:38] | Darshani… | 塔莎莉 |
[01:40] | why did you pick that monologue? | 你为什么选了这段独白? |
[01:44] | I thought it’d be cool. | 想说会很酷 |
[01:46] | Gender-bending. | 翻转性别 |
[01:49] | It’s bullshit, is what it is. You know? | 根本是胡说八道才对 |
[01:53] | Honey, you’ve been in my class for what, um… a year now? | 亲爱的 你到我班上…都一年了吧? |
[01:58] | When are you gonna drop this cool, detached, ironic thing | 何时才要脱下这层装酷 疏离和讽刺的伪装 |
[02:02] | and try some real acting? | 试试真正的演戏? |
[02:06] | I thought that’s what I was doing. | 我以为我做的是真正的演戏 |
[02:08] | Oh, no. No. | 不是… |
[02:09] | You have never once committed on being honest in your work here. | 你在这里从来没有一次认定 要对自己的演出诚实 |
[02:14] | That is so not fair. | 这样说太不公道了 |
[02:16] | Where do you intersect with the horror of the Vietnam War? | 你和越战的恐怖有什么交集? |
[02:21] | All you’ve done is a… is a campy version of a great speech. | 你只是把一段伟大的独白 变成了无病呻吟的版本 |
[02:25] | And just for the record, | 而我正式说一句 |
[02:27] | being campy is making fun of things you don’t have the talent to do. | 无病呻吟就是 取笑自己没才能去做的事 |
[02:30] | Well, maybe you just don’t get it. | 或许是你自己不懂 |
[02:34] | Oh, I get it. | 我可懂了 |
[02:36] | Believe me, I get it. | 相信我 我懂 |
[02:39] | Every time that you’ve stepped on my stage, you’ve brought this… | 每次你踏上我的舞台 都是一副… |
[02:43] | snide, sarcastic attitude towards the scripts, | 怀抱恶意、讽刺挖苦的态度 针对剧本… |
[02:46] | the exercises, the audience, | 练习、观众 |
[02:49] | the whole idea of acting as an art form. | 不把演戏当作是一种艺术形式 |
[02:52] | And you know why? | 你知道原因吗? |
[02:55] | Because you’re afraid. | 因为你害怕 |
[02:58] | You’re afraid to show us who you really are. | 你害怕让我们看到真正的自己 |
[03:03] | Why are you being so mean to me? | 你为什么要对我这么恶劣? |
[03:06] | Come on. What’s your deal? | 得了吧 你到底是怎么了? |
[03:08] | When did you decide to be such a cool block of ice? | 你何时决定要当一个冰山美人? |
[03:11] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[03:12] | Who hurt your feelings and made you such a scared little girl? | 是谁伤害了你的感情 把你变成担心受怕的小女孩? |
[03:16] | Fuck you, Sandy! You fucking loser! | 去你的 山迪 你这个废物! |
[03:26] | Okay, uh, we’ve still got a little time. Who wants to go next? | 好 我们还有一点时间 谁要上来? |
[03:35] | Nobody? | 没人喔? |
[03:37] | Jude? | 朱利安? |
[03:38] | Oh, not a chance. | 门都没有 |
[03:42] | You wanna know? You really wanna know? | 你想知道吗?真的想知道? |
[03:44] | Yes, I really wanna know. | 对 我真的想知道 |
[03:46] | Fine. | 那好 |
[03:47] | Ever since I was 12 years old, I couldn’t keep guys off of me. | 我从12岁开始 就摆脱不掉男人 |
[03:51] | My step-brother, my uncle, even my cousin Stephanie. | 我的继哥、我叔叔 甚至表哥史帝芬尼 |
[03:55] | Don’t tell me. | 不要跟我说 |
[03:56] | Tell them. Tell them. | 跟他们说 |
[04:08] | My fat, | 我那个肥胖… |
[04:10] | smelly cousin Stephanie. | 臭巴巴的表哥史帝芬尼 |
[04:14] | Everybody wanted to touch Darshani. | 大家都想要摸塔莎莉 |
[04:18] | Everybody wanted to fuck Darshani. | 大家都想要上塔莎莉 |
[04:21] | I had two choices. | 我有两个选择 |
[04:24] | Kill myself, or… | 自杀或是… |
[04:28] | just… | 就… |
[04:31] | shut it all down. | 封闭自己 |
[04:36] | Either way… | 不管选哪个 |
[04:40] | I had to not feel it anymore. | 我都得要让自己不再去感觉 |
[04:45] | I had to make myself numb! | 我得要让自己麻木 |
[04:53] | Are you happy? | 你开心了吗? |
[04:55] | – Is that what you wanted to hear? – No. | -这就是你要听的吗? -不是 |
[04:58] | But thank you for telling me. | 但是谢谢你告诉我 |
[05:07] | Now… | 现在呢… |
[05:08] | Listen closely. Um… | 仔细听 |
[05:12] | I’m so sorry for what you’ve had to go through, | 我很遗憾你得要经历这些事 |
[05:14] | for how badly you were treated. | 受到这样恶劣的对待 |
[05:17] | But if you’re brave enough, and I think you are, | 但如果你够勇敢…我认为你是这样 |
[05:20] | then you can let all these feelings come out in your work. | 就可以让所有这些感觉 透过表演展现出来 |
[05:25] | Darshani, look at me. Look. | 塔莎莉 看着我 |
[05:30] | It’s time to make a new choice. | 你现在要做出新的选择 |
[05:34] | And I would recommend one | 我有一个建议 |
[05:35] | that makes you fully alive, which means… | 可以让你活得完整 也就是要去… |
[05:39] | being sad, | 伤心 |
[05:40] | angry, | 生气 |
[05:42] | frightened, | 恐惧 |
[05:43] | exhilarated, all of it. | 兴奋 所有的七情六欲 |
[05:48] | Then we’ll see what kind of actress you can become. | 然后我们会知道 你能变成哪种女演员 |
[05:53] | And I’m betting… | 而我敢打包票 |
[05:56] | you’re gonna be great. | 你一定会很棒 剧名:第 11 章:不寻常的伴侣 |
[06:13] | In case anybody asks, your father is a great acting coach. | 要是有人问起 记得说你爸是很棒的演戏老师 |
[06:17] | What happened? You make somebody cry? | 怎么了?你把谁弄哭了? |
[06:19] | Yeah. I just had a big breakthrough with that kid Darshani. | 对 塔莎莉刚才有了大突破 |
[06:23] | Way to go. | 真有你的 |
[06:24] | You know that bullshit ego of hers? It was a defense mechanism. | 她那胡说八道的自尊 |
[06:28] | Mm. | 其实是防御机制 |
[06:29] | Next step, to make her a successful actress | 下一步是让她成为成功的女演员 |
[06:32] | so she can have the kind of ego that ruins the lives of everybody around her. | 好让她拥有那种自尊 毁掉身边所有人的生活 |
[06:36] | Sandy Kominsky, making monsters since 1981. | 山迪柯敏斯基 从1981年开始制造怪物 |
[06:40] | That’s what I do. | 我就是做这行 |
[06:41] | Hey, what a great dinner last night. Thanks again. | 昨天的晚餐很棒 再次感谢 |
[06:44] | Sure. | 好说 |
[06:46] | I’ll be honest with you, I didn’t think I was gonna like Martin, | 我就老实说了 我原本以为自己不会喜欢马丁 |
[06:48] | actually looking forward to not liking him, | 其实还很期待不喜欢他 |
[06:51] | but, damn, if he didn’t win me over. | 但是厉害了 他真的收服了我 |
[06:54] | I’m glad. | 我真高兴 |
[06:55] | Yeah, I think we made a nice connection. | 是啊 |
[06:58] | Mm-hm. | 我觉得我们很能交流 |
[07:05] | Everything okay? | 都没事吧? |
[07:07] | You betcha. | 那当然 |
[07:10] | Mindy… | 敏迪 |
[07:12] | Okay, yeah, there is something. | 好吧 是有一件事 |
[07:14] | Well, tell me. | 说吧 |
[07:15] | What the fuck kind of weed did you smoke with him? | 你和他是抽哪种鬼大麻啊? |
[07:19] | Just my usual sativa. Why? | 就我平常抽的 怎么了? |
[07:22] | He was hallucinating for hours. | 他连续好几小时起幻觉 |
[07:24] | I was afraid he was gonna have a heart attack. | 我超怕他会心脏病发 |
[07:26] | Really? He was fine when I left. | 是喔?我离开时他还很正常 |
[07:28] | A little bit of a chatty Cathy, but he was fine. | 有点话多多 但人没事 |
[07:32] | Anytime you want, we can go check out the Erewhon store | 我们随可以去药妆店 |
[07:34] | where I get my prostate supplements. | 我都去那里买前列腺保健食品 |
[07:35] | Lots to choose from. | 选择很多 |
[07:36] | Some of it’s worthless, but some of it’s simply magical. | 有些没用 但是有些超神 |
[07:39] | Great. Look forward to it. | 太棒了 好期待 |
[07:40] | Yeah, and they also have these awesome veggie and fruit smoothies, | 对啊 那儿还有超赞的蔬果昔 |
[07:43] | – locally sourced produce, no pesticides. – Ooh! | 在地农产品 没有杀虫剂 |
[07:45] | – Sounds delicious. – I don’t love the paper straws. | -听来好美味 -我不爱纸吸管 |
[07:48] | They give you paper straws, you can’t get a good suck outta ’em, | 那儿会给你纸吸管 但是很难吸 |
[07:50] | but I’m telling you, the smoothie itself’s lovely. | 但我说那个蔬果昔还真是好喝 |
[07:52] | – Good night. – Okay. Call me! | -晚安 -好喔 再打给我唷 |
[07:55] | Well, he didn’t stay that way. | 他不是一直维持那样子 |
[07:57] | He had a complete meltdown. | 他后来大崩溃 |
[07:59] | If we don’t put the Silly Putty back in the egg, | 如果傻瓜黏土不放回蛋壳包装里 |
[08:01] | well, then it’s all dried up, and then it’s not silly anymore, is it? | 就都会干掉 那样就傻瓜不起来了吧 |
[08:05] | Forget about trying to play with the Sunday funnies, that’s not happening. | 也别想玩周日漫画了 办不到 |
[08:08] | You gotta put it in the egg. Put it… God damn it. | 得要放进蛋壳…可恶 |
[08:10] | You’re kidding! | 开玩笑的吧 |
[08:12] | Why would I kid about that? | 我干嘛开这种玩笑? |
[08:13] | And what the hell are the Sunday funnies? | “周日漫画”又是什么鬼东西? |
[08:17] | Long time ago, what we’d call the comic section in the Sunday paper, | 很久以前 我们这样称呼周日报的漫画版 |
[08:21] | you could lift the images off with Silly Putty. | 可以用傻瓜黏土把图画黏起来 |
[08:26] | It was a pretty cool trick. | 相当酷的招数 |
[08:27] | Fuck you, cool trick. | 去你的酷招咧 |
[08:29] | I had to crush up a Xanax, slip it in his chamomile | 害我还要磨碎赞安诺 掺进洋甘菊茶给他喝 |
[08:32] | to get him to calm down. | 才好让他冷静下来 |
[08:33] | Jeez, Min, I don’t know what to tell you. | 天啊 小敏 我不知道要怎么说 |
[08:35] | It was just your garden-variety marihoochie. | 那只是很一般的大麻而已 |
[08:38] | You were fine afterward? | 你后来都没事吗? |
[08:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:41] | Uh, on the way home, I stopped at an In-N-Out and got a double-double | 我在回家路上 去速食店买了双起司双肉汉堡 |
[08:44] | which gave me the runs, but otherwise it was jim-dandy. | 结果拉肚子 但此外都很好 |
[08:48] | Well, whatever caused it, it was an awful night. | 不管是什么让他那样 昨晚都很惨 |
[08:52] | You’ve chosen to be with an older man, Mindy. | 你选择和比较年长的人交往 敏迪 |
[08:55] | You’ve got to expect some physical and emotional damage. | 身心受创也是预料中事 |
[09:03] | The truth worked! | 实话很有用 |
[09:05] | All hail the truth! | 实话万岁 |
[09:07] | Exhibit A. | 这就是例证 |
[09:09] | With the pressure off, we kissed, we cuddled, we slept. | 压力解除后 我们亲吻、拥抱、睡觉 |
[09:11] | And then, at the crack of dawn… | 然后在破晓时分 |
[09:14] | Mindy, cover your ears. | 敏迪 捂住耳朵 |
[09:16] | – What? – Your ears! Cover them! | -什么? -你的耳朵 捂住 |
[09:20] | At the crack of dawn, I was like… | 在破晓时分 我像是… |
[09:22] | I was like an Egyptian obelisk. | 我像是埃及的方尖碑 |
[09:25] | I can still hear you. | 我还是听得到 |
[09:28] | I gotta tell you, it’s so nice to see you happy again. | 我得要说 真高兴看到你再次开心 |
[09:32] | Well, thank you. It’s actually been so long that I… | 谢谢你 真的是久违了 |
[09:34] | I didn’t recognize the feeling. | 害我都认不得这种感觉 |
[09:36] | I… I thought it might… | 还以为… |
[09:37] | might have been a slow-moving aneurysm. | 可能是哪儿有动脉瘤在搞怪 |
[09:39] | So, when are you gonna see her again? | 那你何时会再看到她? |
[09:41] | She’s driving down tomorrow. | 她明天会开车下来 |
[09:43] | – Oh, staying at your place? – Yes, siree Bob. | -住你家吗? -对 报告是 |
[09:47] | Can I give you a little advice? | 我可以小小建议一下吗? |
[09:50] | Can I stop you? | 我可以阻止你吗? |
[09:52] | Welcome back, sir. | 欢迎再度光临 |
[09:54] | Well, thank you, Alex. You’re looking good. | 谢谢你 亚历斯 你气色很好 |
[09:57] | Kind of you to lie. | 感谢您好心说谎 |
[09:58] | Absolut martini? | 绝对马丁尼吗? |
[10:00] | Absolutely. | 绝对是 |
[10:01] | And bring my friend his usual crime against humanity. | 也给我朋友他平常点的反人性饮料 |
[10:04] | Jack Daniel’s and Dr Pepper? | 威士忌加可乐? |
[10:07] | Diet Dr Pepper, Alex. Thank you. | 健怡可乐 亚历斯 谢谢你 |
[10:14] | Your advice? | 你的建议是? |
[10:17] | To help Madelyn be comfortable at your place, | 为了帮忙梅德琳在你家自在一点 |
[10:21] | maybe consider taking down some of the pictures of Eileen. | 要不要考虑拿掉一些艾琳的照片 |
[10:26] | No, I couldn’t do that. Not a chance. | 不行 我不能那样做 没门 |
[10:30] | But when you were at her home, | 但你去梅德琳家的时候 |
[10:31] | were there pictures of her deceased husband all over the place? | 有到处都是她亡夫的照片吗? |
[10:35] | I counted two of them. | 我有数到两张 |
[10:36] | Uh, one of him horseback riding, another on a cruise ship. | 一张是他在骑马 一张是在游轮上 |
[10:39] | I love that you did reconnaissance. | 我很欣赏你有做侦察 |
[10:41] | Oh, oh, and I found a vase that might have had his ashes in it. | 我也发现有个坛子 |
[10:45] | Ugh! That didn’t bother you? | 里头或许放了他的骨灰 你觉得没关系? |
[10:47] | Not at all. If anything, it was invigorating. | 完全没关系 要也是让人更有活力 |
[10:50] | If you wanna feel really alive, hold the burnt remains of another guy. | 如果想要感觉自己活着 就去拿另一个人的骨灰坛 |
[10:58] | Oh, look at him. | 看看他 |
[11:00] | Making the mundane exciting. | 让俗事都得很刺激 |
[11:03] | – Thank you, Alex. – Alex, thank you. | -谢谢你 亚历斯 -亚历斯 谢谢你 |
[11:09] | I’m just saying, for most people, | 我只是说呢 对于多数人 |
[11:10] | normal people, pictures and mementos | 对正常人来说 |
[11:13] | of former spouses and lovers can cause a lot of trouble. | 前配偶或情人的照片和纪念品 可能会带来很多麻烦 |
[11:16] | Right. And how many times were you married again? | 对 那你又结过几次婚了? |
[11:19] | You know exactly how many times. | 你完全知道是几次 |
[11:21] | And do not get me started on mattresses. | 也别让我打开话匣子说床垫 |
[11:24] | After every divorce or breakup, I had to buy a new mattress | 我每次离婚或是分手 都得要买新床垫 |
[11:27] | so the new girlfriend doesn’t imagine me burning calories on the old mattress. | 这样新女友才不会去想像 我在旧床垫上头燃烧热量的画面 |
[11:32] | You should’ve bought stock in Sealy Posturepedic. | 你早该去买席伊丽床垫的股票 |
[11:34] | Did you know that I had to change all the toilet seats for my third wife? | 你知道我为了第三任老婆 还得要把家里的马桶盖都换掉吗? |
[11:39] | That was the drug addict? | 那个毒虫喔? |
[11:40] | She had no fear of heroin or cocaine or pills, | 她不怕海洛因、古柯碱或药丸 |
[11:44] | but was haunted by images of my old girlfriends taking a shit. | 但却甩不掉我旧女友拉屎的画面 |
[11:48] | Oh, thank you. Now I’m haunted by that image. | 谢谢你喔 现在换成我甩不掉那个画面了 |
[11:50] | Yeah, sorry. Cheers. | 对 抱歉 干杯 |
[11:55] | Aah. Okay, let’s order. | 好 我们来点餐吧 |
[12:02] | Speaking of drug addicts. | 说到毒虫 |
[12:03] | – What? – My daughter. | -干嘛? -我女儿 |
[12:07] | Hi, Phoebe. How are you? | 菲比 你好吗? |
[12:09] | Uh-huh. Yeah. | 对 |
[12:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:13] | You sure? Because, if you need another month… | 你确定?如果还需要再一个月… |
[12:17] | Well, all right, then. | 那好吧 |
[12:20] | Terrific, can’t wait. | 太好了 迫不及待 |
[12:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:24] | Bye. | 再见 |
[12:26] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[12:28] | My daughter has successfully completed her drug and alcohol rehabilitation. | 我女儿成功结束戒毒和戒酒 |
[12:32] | Well, that’s great news, right? | 这是好消息吧? |
[12:34] | Yeah, she’s coming home tomorrow. | 是啊 她明天要回家 |
[12:37] | So? | 所以呢? |
[12:40] | Ohhhh. Oh, she doesn’t know about Madelyn. | 她不知道梅德琳的事 |
[12:44] | No. | 没错 |
[12:45] | – And she’s gonna meet Madelyn. – Yeah. | -这样她会见到梅德琳 |
[12:53] | – Aah! – You find it funny? | -对 你觉得好笑喔? |
[12:55] | No, no, no. So sorry, no. | 没啦…真是抱歉 |
[13:02] | Jesus Christ. | 要死了 |
[13:13] | Norman, where’s your spice rack? | 诺曼 你的香料架在哪里? |
[13:16] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上过去 |
[13:27] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[13:30] | Try the cabinet by the… | 看看厨柜 就是… |
[13:34] | Why did you hide these? | 干嘛要藏起来? |
[13:37] | I… I didn’t want you to feel uncomfortable. | 我不要你觉得不自在 亲爱的 |
[13:40] | Oh, sweetie, I know how much you loved her. It’s okay. | 我知道你有多爱她 没关系 |
[13:44] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[13:46] | Yes. I’m very sure. These need to go back up. | 对 非常确定 这些照片需要挂回去 |
[13:49] | Okay, I will. | 好 我会处理 |
[13:53] | All I ask is that maybe… | 我唯一的要求是或许呢… |
[13:57] | you could get a new mattress. | 你可以买新床垫 |
[13:59] | – What? – No, nothing. | -干嘛? -没事 |
[14:01] | My friend Sandy is not an idiot, that’s all. | 原来我朋友山迪不是耍白痴 |
[14:03] | So, listen. | 你听我说 |
[14:05] | – Come here, we have to talk. – Okay. | -来 我们需要聊聊 -好 |
[14:10] | Is something wrong? | 出事了吗? |
[14:11] | No. Uh… Well, maybe. | 没有…呃 或许吧 |
[14:14] | Should we have gone out for dinner? Is me using the kitchen too much? | 还是要出去吃晚餐? 我用厨房用过头了? |
[14:17] | No, no, no, it’s fine. Eileen’s happy that you’re here. | 没的事…艾琳很开心你在这儿 |
[14:21] | I mean, she would be. | 我是说她会很开心的 |
[14:23] | Well, so what is it? | 所以是怎么了? |
[14:24] | I… I told you about my daughter. | 我跟你说过我女儿的事 |
[14:26] | Yes, Phoebe. Is she okay? | 对 菲比 她还好吗? |
[14:28] | Yeah, she’s fine. She finished her rehab today. | 对 她很好 她今天结束勒戒 |
[14:32] | Oh! That’s wonderful! | 太好了 |
[14:33] | And… | 然后… |
[14:35] | she’s on her way over here. | 她正在过来这里的路上 |
[14:37] | Here? Oh. | 这里? |
[14:40] | Oh, wow. Um… | 是喔? |
[14:42] | Maybe it’d be best if I just left | 还是我先离开比较好 |
[14:44] | so you two could have some private time together? | 你们父女俩可以有私人时间 |
[14:46] | No, I don’t want that. | 不是 我不要那样 |
[14:48] | Well, I mean, I totally understand. | 我完全能够体谅 |
[14:50] | I mean, she’s just lost her mother and seeing me here is… | 她才刚失去母亲 看到我在这儿会… |
[14:53] | Madelyn, my daughter has been a drug addict and an alcoholic | 梅德琳 我女儿吸毒又酗酒 |
[14:56] | for, I don’t know, 25, 30 years. | 已经都…25还30年了吧 |
[14:59] | She has no love for her mother and she tolerates me | 她不爱她妈 对我也是在容忍 |
[15:02] | for as long as I give her money. | 只要我有给她钱花用就好 |
[15:03] | So you are not leaving. | 所以你不用回避 |
[15:05] | She doesn’t get to interfere with my life. | 她没得妨碍我的人生… |
[15:07] | With our life. | 我们的人生 |
[15:11] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[15:15] | But… | 但是… |
[15:16] | I mean, is it possible that the rehab helped her? | 是不是有可能… |
[15:19] | Maybe she’s a better person now. | 勒戒帮助了她? 或许她现在改头换面了? |
[15:21] | She goes to those places to get the heat off. | 她去勒戒只是为了避风头 |
[15:23] | And then it’s right back to her old routines. | 一出来马上就故态复萌 |
[15:25] | So you’ve completely given up hope | 所以你已经完全放弃希望 |
[15:27] | that your daughter can get her life together? | 觉得你女儿永远振作不起来? |
[15:29] | Yeah, and I’m at peace with it. | 对 我也看开了 |
[15:32] | Well, you don’t look like you’re at peace. | 你看起来不像是看开了 |
[15:34] | Trust me. Inside, I’m… I am a Sea of Tranquility. | 相信我 我的内心是一片静海 |
[15:38] | Uh, I am Shangri-La. | 我是香格里拉 |
[15:43] | I am! | 我是啊 |
[16:02] | Uh… Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[16:04] | Do you know where I could find Sandy? Kominsky? | 请问要去哪找山迪柯敏斯基? |
[16:07] | Try his office. | 试试他的办公室 |
[16:08] | This one? Thank you. | 往这边?谢谢 |
[16:10] | Hey! | 你好啊 |
[16:11] | Hey, baby. Hi. | 宝贝 你好啊 |
[16:14] | What are you doin’ here? | 你怎么会来? |
[16:16] | I’m taking your father to Erewhon. We’re gonna get some prostate supplements. | 我要带你爸去药妆店 我们要买前列腺保健食品 |
[16:22] | Come with me. | -跟我来 |
[16:23] | – Sorry. – Yeah. | -抱歉 |
[16:25] | He’s old enough to be her grandpa. | 他的年纪都可以当她阿公了 |
[16:28] | That was not a grandpa kiss. | 那不是阿公在亲亲 |
[16:30] | Unless he’s a bad grandpa. | 除非他是坏阿公 |
[16:32] | I think I know why Sandy pees so much. | 我想我知道山迪为何频尿了 |
[16:42] | Look who I found. | 看看我找到了谁 |
[16:43] | Hey, you made it! | 你到了 |
[16:45] | There he is. Hey! | 他在那儿 |
[16:47] | Hey, you were right. Google Maps. | 你说得对 谷歌地图 |
[16:49] | – Better than Waze? – Oh, without question. | -比位智好用吧? -毫无疑问 |
[16:51] | The woman’s voice, so much more pleasing. | 听女性的声音悦耳多了 |
[16:53] | Did you give him the, uh, nickel tour? | 你有带他参观一下吗? |
[16:56] | No. | 没有 |
[16:57] | You gotta see this place. Come on. Built a little theater. | 你一定要看看这地方 来 我打造了小剧场 |
[17:00] | – Really? – Excuse me? Hello? | -是喔? -不好意思 当我空气喔? |
[17:02] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[17:04] | Showing him around, then we’re gonna go get some supplements. | 带他绕一绕 然后要去买保健食品 |
[17:07] | Little show and supplements. | 看一下 再去买保健食品 |
[17:09] | Love you! | 爱你唷 |
[17:12] | Don’t smoke pot! | 不要抽大麻喔! |
[17:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:28] | Hi, Daddy. | 嗨 爹地 |
[17:31] | You cut your hair. | 你剪头发了 |
[17:33] | Yeah. You like it? | 是啊 喜欢吗? |
[17:35] | I do. Come on in. | 喜欢啊 快请进 |
[17:36] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[17:39] | – Need help? – No, I got it. I’m good. | -需要帮忙吗? -不用 我自己来 可以的 |
[17:47] | You hungry? There’s dinner. | 饿了吗?有晚餐 |
[17:49] | Yeah, I could eat. | 是啊 我吃得下 |
[17:52] | Well, you look good. Healthy. | 你看起来气色很好 很健康 |
[17:54] | I am. Thank you. | 我是啊 谢谢你 |
[17:56] | More than I could say, thank you. | 言语无法形容 谢谢你 |
[17:58] | Yeah, I’m glad. Listen, I should tell you, somebody will be joining us for dinner. | 是啊 我很高兴 我应该跟你说 有别人会一起来吃晚餐 |
[18:02] | – Sandy? – No. | -山迪? -不是 |
[18:03] | How’s he doing, by the way? | 对了 |
[18:05] | Uh… I don’t know, he’s fine. Uh… it’s a woman. | 他怎么样? 不知道 |
[18:09] | Oh! Okay. | 很好吧…是女人 好喔 |
[18:11] | Her name is Madelyn. | 她叫做梅德琳 |
[18:13] | We were friends many years ago before I met your mother. | 我们是多年好友 在我认识你母亲之前的事 |
[18:17] | Wow, that’s… | 那不就… |
[18:18] | Gon… That’s gonna be like– | 算起来都… |
[18:20] | Almost 50 years. Anyway, she and I recently reconnected. | 将近50年 说来说去 她和我最近又联络上了 |
[18:24] | Reconnected like… | 你说的联络是这样吗… |
[18:27] | Don’t be vulgar. | 不要耍低俗 |
[18:30] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:34] | Now, before you say anything more, | 在你继续说话之前 |
[18:36] | I am fully aware that it’s been a short time since your mother… | 我完全清楚 没多久前你母亲才… |
[18:41] | I’m so happy for you. | 我真是替你感到开心 |
[18:44] | – You are? – I am. | -你是喔? -我是啊 |
[18:47] | I don’t want you to be alone. | 我不要你孤单一人 |
[18:52] | Come on, introduce me. | 来吧 帮我介绍一下 |
[18:59] | So, Marty, I gotta ask you a question. | 小马 我得要问你 |
[19:02] | Addis Ababa! | 阿迪斯阿贝巴! |
[19:06] | What? | 什么? |
[19:06] | Capital of Ethiopia. Addis Ababa. | 衣索比亚的首都 阿迪斯阿贝巴 |
[19:09] | – That wasn’t my question. – I know. | -我又不是要问这个 -我知道 |
[19:11] | But wouldn’t it have been amazing if it was? | 但如果你真要问这个 那就太神了 |
[19:14] | Sorry. Oh, I’m so loud. Okay. | 抱歉 我太大声了 好 |
[19:16] | Sorry, go ahead. | 抱歉 你请说 |
[19:18] | – You’re what, uh… 65? – 66. | -你多年纪 65岁? |
[19:21] | – 66. – And a half. | -66啊 -再加半岁 |
[19:23] | Sure. | 当然 |
[19:25] | And Mindy is 32. | 敏迪是32岁 |
[19:27] | Uh… | |
[19:28] | She’s actually 33. | 她其实是33岁 |
[19:30] | – Really? – Mm-hm. | 是喔? |
[19:32] | I missed her birthday? | 我少算了一次生日? |
[19:35] | Was she upset? | 她有不高兴吗? |
[19:37] | A little bit. | 有一点 |
[19:38] | But don’t worry, I talked to her. | 但是别担心 我跟她说过了 |
[19:41] | Well, what did you say? | 你说了什么? |
[19:42] | Just told her to cut you some slack. | 就是要她稍微放你一马 |
[19:44] | It’s when you were goin’ through your whole health scare. She understood. | 你那时候被健康问题吓到 她明白 |
[19:48] | Okay. Thank you. | 好 谢谢你 |
[19:52] | Happy to help. So, what was your question? | 很高兴帮得上忙 所以你要问什么? |
[19:57] | Oh, shit. | 讨厌 忘了 |
[20:00] | – That happens. – Ah. | 难免罗 |
[20:01] | – Yeah, a lot. – Yeah. | -也太常这样了 -是啊 |
[20:03] | – And this sure doesn’t help. – Probably not. | -抽这个肯定不是加分 -八成不是 |
[20:09] | Remember we used to get the nickel bags | 还记得以前买一小袋 |
[20:10] | filled with all the stems and seeds? | 里头满满都是茎和籽吗? |
[20:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:14] | Believe it or not, I once bought some hashish. | 信不信由你 我有次买大麻树脂 |
[20:17] | Turned out to be rabbit shit. | 结果买到兔子屎 |
[20:20] | Oh, shit, really? | 天啊 是喔? |
[20:21] | How would I know what rabbit shit looked like? | 我哪知道兔子屎长怎样啊? |
[20:23] | Pellets. Rabbits, yeah, little… Little brown pellets. | 兔子屎就一小颗一小颗棕色的 |
[20:26] | I didn’t know! | 我又不知道 |
[20:27] | Oh, man! Well, did you get high? | 你有嗨茫吗? |
[20:29] | I got pink eye! | 眼睛都红得跟兔子一样 |
[20:33] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, | 看你听了会不会好过一点 |
[20:35] | when I was in high school, | 我念高中那时候 |
[20:37] | I bought some acid, | 我买了一些摇脚丸 |
[20:38] | it turned out to be tetracycline. | 结果是四环霉素 |
[20:40] | Of course you did. | 这样也行 |
[20:43] | You have a good trip? | 幻觉体验很棒吗? |
[20:44] | No, but my skin cleared up. | 没有 但皮肤的痘痘都消了 |
[20:56] | What’s happening? | 怎么了? |
[21:00] | Whew. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:03] | I don’t know, I just… I got a… It’s just been a… | 说不上来 就是… |
[21:06] | It’s been so long since I had a… | 我已经好久没有 |
[21:08] | A guy friend. | 男性朋友 |
[21:09] | Since I… | 从我… |
[21:11] | Somebody to joke around with and somebody I can actually talk to. | 没人能够一起开玩笑 聊到心坎里 |
[21:13] | But it’s just… I don’t know. I… Sorry. | 但这真是…说不上来 抱歉 |
[21:19] | Maybe Mindy’s right. | 或许敏迪没说错 |
[21:20] | Maybe you shouldn’t be smoking this shit. | 或许你不该抽大麻 |
[21:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:24] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[21:27] | Hey, Mindy’s friend Lisa really likes you. | 敏迪的朋友莉莎很喜欢你 |
[21:32] | You met Lisa? | 你见过莉莎喔? |
[21:33] | Yeah. We had dinner with Lisa and… and… and… uh… | 对 我们和莉莎吃过晚饭… |
[21:37] | Her beau. Big handsome dopey guy. | 和她的男伴 大傻个儿 |
[21:39] | But what did she say? | 但她说了什么? |
[21:41] | She just kept asking Mindy about you. | 就是一直问敏迪你的事 |
[21:44] | How are you doin’, and are you seeing anybody? | 问你好不好 有没有对象 |
[21:48] | It… It was, like, so obvious. | 就超明显的 |
[21:51] | Really? | 是喔? |
[21:52] | May God strike me dead. | 愿老天把我轰死 |
[21:56] | How freaked out would you have been if I died right there? | 要是我就死在这里 你会有多惊吓? |
[21:59] | – Martin, you’re a strange bird. – Hey, you know what? | 马丁 你真的是怪咖 我跟你说喔 |
[22:03] | You teach high school for 38 years, uh… | 在高中教书38年 |
[22:05] | you get a little bent. | 人会变得有点怪 |
[22:08] | Well, this is very encouraging. | 好鼓励人的一句话 |
[22:10] | – Hm? – Very encouraging. | 真是太鼓励人了 |
[22:14] | What say we go buy something to shrink the gland in my ass? | 不如我们去买东西 缩小我屁股里的腺体吧? |
[22:17] | – Yeah. – Lead on, Macduff! | “走吧 麦克德夫” |
[22:23] | You know, it’s actually “Lay on, Macduff.” | 其实是“来吧 麦克德夫” |
[22:27] | – What is? – What you said. | -什么? -你刚才引述的那句话 |
[22:29] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是喔? -是啊 |
[22:31] | “Lay on, Macduff, | “来吧 麦克德夫 |
[22:33] | and damned be he that cries, ‘Hold, enough!'” | 谁先喊‘住手 够了’ 谁就遭天谴” |
[22:37] | Macduff rhymes with enough. | 英文的“麦克德夫” 和“够了”有押韵耶 |
[22:39] | Holy shit. Fucking Shakespeare, huh? | 吓死人 |
[22:42] | Wait. | 莎士比亚真有一套 等等 |
[22:44] | This one was a hippie? | 这位以前是嬉皮? |
[22:45] | The hair, the clothes. The whole thing. | 发型、衣着 一整套 |
[22:47] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[22:48] | I wasn’t a hippie. I was a beatnik. | 我不是嬉皮 我是披头族 |
[22:50] | – What’s the difference? – Yeah. | -差在哪里? -是啊 |
[22:52] | Hippies were peace and love, | 嬉皮讲求和平与爱 |
[22:53] | the beatniks were cool and clapped like this. | 披头族很酷 像是这样弹指 |
[22:58] | There must be pictures. Why have I never seen pictures? | 一定有照片 怎么我都没看过? |
[23:00] | – Because I destroyed them. – You did not! | -因为都被我销毁了 -你没有吧? |
[23:03] | I… I certainly did. | 我当然有 |
[23:05] | Don’t worry, I have plenty of them. | 别担心 我那儿有一堆 |
[23:06] | – Please. I must see them. – Mm-hm. | 拜托 我不看不快 |
[23:14] | So, how long did you two date? | 你们两位当初交往多久? |
[23:17] | Mm. | |
[23:18] | Gosh, was it, um… a year or so? | 天啊 是一年左右吗? |
[23:21] | – Mm. – Yeah. | 对 |
[23:23] | And this was… | 那是在… |
[23:24] | 1966, ’67. | 1966到67年 |
[23:27] | ’68. Nixon had just gotten elected president, | 1968年 尼克森刚连任总统 |
[23:30] | which proved how stupid people can be. | 证明了人可以有多笨 |
[23:33] | ’68. | 1968年 |
[23:34] | Hm. | |
[23:36] | Well, then his work took him to Los Angeles, where he met your mom. | 然后他的工作跑到洛杉矶 也就认识了你母亲 |
[23:40] | And I stayed back in New York with my Christopher. | 而我和我的克里斯多福留在纽约 |
[23:43] | And now here we are. | 现在我们又聚首了 |
[23:47] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[23:50] | I can’t tell you how happy I am that you’ve found each other again. | 我有说不出的开心 你们再次找到了彼此 |
[23:54] | It’s like the most romantic thing I’ve heard. | 这真是我听过最浪漫的事情了 |
[23:57] | It is, isn’t it? | 真的是呢 |
[24:04] | I’m sorry, I… I can’t do this. | 对不起 我没办法 |
[24:07] | I just can’t. | 就是没办法 |
[24:19] | Here it is. | 在这儿 |
[24:20] | Prostatrinex. | 这是前列腺救星 |
[24:22] | Huh. See… “Guaranteed to shrink your prostate | “保证能够缩小前列腺 |
[24:25] | and restore a healthy urine flow.” | 回复健康的尿液流动” |
[24:27] | Jesus. Can you say that any louder? | 天啊 你能不能再大声一点? |
[24:30] | Sorry! Sorry. Look, see? It’s got… It’s got a money-back guarantee. | 抱歉…你看 还有无效退费保证 |
[24:34] | Martin, in your life, | 马丁 你这辈子 |
[24:35] | have you ever once asked for your money back on a product? | 买东西有要求退费过吗? |
[24:39] | Uh… No. | 没有 |
[24:40] | – So what does that tell you? – It’s a scam. | -所以这告诉了你什么? -是骗人的 |
[24:43] | – Good for you! – Yeah. | -真有你的 -是啊 |
[24:44] | I don’t know, still… I find it reassuring. | 说不上来 但我还是觉得 看了很让人安心 |
[24:47] | That’s the scam! | 这就是骗人的点啊 |
[24:48] | All right. See, look. It’s got… It’s got, uh, beta-sitosterol | 好吧 你看 里头有贝塔植固醇 |
[24:51] | and saw palmetto, that’s what you want. | 还有锯棕榈 就是要这个 |
[24:54] | – What’s saw palmetto? – Saw palmetto. That’s a… That’s a… | -锯棕榈是什么? -锯棕榈喔 就是… |
[24:56] | That’s a naturally occurring thing. It’s like… It’s like a fruit or a berry. | 天然生成的东西 像是水果还是莓子 |
[24:59] | It’s a… I don’t know what it is. | 这…我不知道那是什么 |
[25:02] | – Fuck it, I’ll try it. – Give it a try. | -管他的 我买来试试 -试试看 |
[25:04] | FYI, they also sell, uh, quite a few natural supplements | 顺便跟你说 这里也有卖很多天然保健食品 |
[25:08] | for, uh, erectile dysfunction. | 处理勃起障碍 |
[25:11] | – You’re sleeping with my daughter, Martin. – Eh. Sorry. | -你跟我女儿睡觉 马丁 -抱歉 |
[25:14] | – I can’t talk to you about dick stuff. – Sorry! | -我没办法跟你讨论老二的事 -抱歉 |
[25:16] | – It’s the pot. – Yeah. | -大麻作祟 -对 |
[25:17] | – I get chatty. – Fine. | -我变得很多话 -没关系 |
[25:23] | Care to explain yourself? | 要不要解释一下? |
[25:25] | I’m sorry, I can’t look at her | 抱歉 我看着她忍不住会去想 |
[25:27] | without wondering when the other shoe will drop. | 躲不掉的那一刻何时会来 |
[25:29] | And believe me, there’s always another shoe. | 相信我 那一刻一定会来 |
[25:31] | She’s like an apple tree, but with shoes. | 她就像苹果树 但会掉鞋子下来 |
[25:34] | Sweetheart, you just have to give it time. And a little trust. | 亲爱的 你得要多给一点时间 多一点信任 |
[25:37] | That’s all I’ve ever had. Her mother and I had nothing but trust. | 我一直都是这样 她母亲和我给她完全的信任 |
[25:41] | And over and over again, she just crushed it. | 一次又一次 都被她辜负 |
[25:44] | Well, be that as it may, right now, | 就算是那样 但现在呢 |
[25:46] | your daughter is sitting in that kitchen a scared and lonely girl. | 你的女儿坐在厨房里 像是孤单又害怕的女孩 |
[25:50] | Girl? She’s 45! | 女孩?她都45岁了 |
[25:52] | Last time she was here, she was having hot flashes! | 她上次来这儿 还给我热潮红呢 |
[25:55] | She’s doing her best, and that’s what you need to do now. | 她正在尽力 你现在也需要这样做 |
[25:58] | Madelyn, she is a manipulator. | 梅德琳 她很会操弄人 |
[26:00] | She has spent her whole life playing people. | 她这一辈子都在耍人 |
[26:02] | She tells people what they want to hear so she can get something from them. | 她专说些别人爱听的事 才好跟对方讨好处 |
[26:06] | I’m not doubting that’s what she was. | 我不怀疑她以前是这样 |
[26:08] | But I just had dinner with a person who is sweet, | 但刚才和我吃晚饭的她很贴心 |
[26:11] | funny, quite fragile… | 风趣 也相当脆弱 |
[26:14] | and filled with love for her father. | 对父亲有着满满的爱 |
[26:16] | She’s filled with bullshit. | 她有的是满满的胡说八道 |
[26:18] | That’s what she’s filled with. | 满到快要爆出来 |
[26:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:22] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[26:24] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[26:26] | Why? | 为什么? |
[26:27] | Because I don’t like you right now. | 因为我现在不喜欢你 |
[26:31] | Madelyn, you don’t understand | 梅德琳 你有所不知 |
[26:33] | because you raised two children | 因为你养大的两个小孩 |
[26:35] | who became productive, self-sufficient adults. | 都变成能够自食其力 自给自足的成年人 |
[26:38] | You didn’t have to go through the endless merry-go-round of shrinks, | 你不用经历无限回圈 去找心理科医师 |
[26:42] | and rehabs and sober coaches and equine fucking therapy! | 勒戒中心 |
[26:47] | Oh! | 戒酒指导员 还有他妈的马术治疗 |
[26:48] | Get over it. | 看开点 |
[26:54] | I called for an Uber. | 我叫车了 |
[26:56] | Oh, calm down, you don’t have to go anywhere. | 冷静点 你哪儿都不用去 |
[26:59] | I think I do. | 我觉得要 |
[27:01] | Where are you gonna stay? | 你要住哪里? |
[27:02] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用担心 |
[27:05] | You need money? | 你需要钱吗? |
[27:08] | Again, don’t worry about it. | 一样 不用担心 |
[27:14] | You can live without me. | 你没有我可以活下去 |
[27:15] | Do not let her get away. | 但是千万不要让她跑掉 |
[27:28] | Huh. | |
[27:32] | Well, this is a nice surprise. | 真是惊喜 |
[27:34] | Hey, Lisa. It’s Sandy. | 莉莎 我是山迪 |
[27:37] | Uh, yeah, I… I know. | 对 我知道 |
[27:40] | What’s up? | 怎么啦? |
[27:42] | Mmm… Not much. | 普通 |
[27:44] | I just called to say hi. | 我只是打给你问候一下 |
[27:47] | Okay. Hi. | 好喔 你好 |
[27:50] | Yeah, hi. | 是啊 你好 |
[27:54] | Hi-di-hi-di-ho. | 好上加好 好棒棒 |