时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:26] | Are you familiar with the five stages of grief? | 你熟悉哀伤的五个阶段吗? |
[00:28] | The Keebler-Ross thing? | 你说基伯勒罗丝那个? |
[00:30] | – Kübler. – Oh. | 是库伯勒 |
[00:31] | Kübler. Keebler is the cookie people. | 库伯勒 基伯勒是饼干的牌子 |
[00:33] | Uh, yes, I think so, yeah. | 对 我应该熟悉 |
[00:35] | So where do you think you are? | 所以你现在是哪个阶段? |
[00:37] | Really? This is what you want to talk about? | 认真?你现在要聊这个? |
[00:40] | Yeah. I thought it was pertinent. | 是啊 我觉得非常切题 |
[00:44] | I’m in denial. | 我处于否认阶段 |
[00:46] | – That sounds right. – Glad you approve. | -听起来没错 -很高兴你赞同 |
[00:48] | You know, when Eileen died, I… I just… I… I couldn’t… | 艾琳过世那时候 我没办法… |
[00:51] | I couldn’t accept it. | 我无法接受 |
[00:52] | Even at the funeral, I kept feeling like it was a big mistake | 就连在葬礼上 我还是觉得这是一场大误会 |
[00:55] | and she was just… just gonna walk through the door. | 她会…她会从门口走进来 |
[00:58] | What’s the one after denial? Is it depression? | 否认之后是什么?抑郁吗? |
[01:01] | No, anger. | 不是 是愤怒 |
[01:02] | At some point, you’re gonna start lashing out at the injustice of it all. | 之后你会开始抨击这一切的不公 |
[01:05] | Well, it’s certainly not fair. | 确实是不公啊 |
[01:07] | Like that. And after that comes bargaining. | 就像那样 再之后是讨价还价 |
[01:10] | Making deals with God, washing the feet of lepers, | 跟老天谈条件 做善事来交换 |
[01:14] | – overtipping valets. – Uh-huh. | 过度打赏泊车小弟 |
[01:17] | It’s only when that gambit goes tits up that you hit depression. | 这招没用的时候 就开始抑郁 |
[01:20] | You want to maybe read a magazine? | 还是你看杂志好了? |
[01:21] | I left my glasses in the car. | 我把眼镜忘在车上 |
[01:25] | Here, look at the pictures. | 来 看照片就好 |
[01:29] | Alan Thicke. Oof. Boy, is he dead. | 艾伦锡克 怪怪 也死了 |
[01:34] | You know, when you think about it, you’re actually pretty lucky. | 想起来呢 你其实很幸运 |
[01:37] | I don’t feel lucky. | 我不觉得幸运 |
[01:38] | Oh, you are. A couple of years ago, | 你是啊 换做在两年前 |
[01:40] | you’d be getting chemo or radiation. | 你会是做化疗或放射线治疗 |
[01:42] | You’d be weak, nauseous. | 整个人会很虚弱、反胃 |
[01:44] | Your hair would be falling out in big clumps. | 会大块掉头发 |
[01:46] | You’d be the object of pity, really. | 会是大家同情的对象 真的 |
[01:49] | But now with this immuno stuff, | 但现在用免疫疗法 |
[01:51] | you get to carry on like you don’t have a life-threatening condition. | 你可以照常过生活 不像有罹患威胁生命的病症 |
[01:54] | I’m starting to feel anger. | 我开始觉得愤怒了 |
[01:56] | Yeah! That’s progress. | 是啊 这是进步 |
[02:02] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[02:05] | Hey! My friend had a 2:30 appointment for his cancer treatment. | 喂!我朋友约了两点半要治疗癌症 |
[02:09] | It’s now 3:15! | 现在都3点15分了 |
[02:10] | Who do I have to bugger to get some help? | 我要鸡奸谁才能得到帮助啊? |
[02:14] | And now I’m depressed. | 这下子我抑郁了 |
[02:17] | Now maybe we’ll get a little action. | 现在或许会有点动静了 第 14 章:泄漏的秘密与老师的演说 |
[02:31] | – How are you feeling? – I’m fine. | 你觉得怎么样? 我很好 |
[02:35] | You hungry? Wanna stop and get something to eat? | 饿吗?要不要在途中吃点什么? |
[02:37] | Uh… No. You can just take me home. | 不用 载我回家就好 |
[02:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:42] | When do they do another CAT scan? | 何时还要再做断层扫描? |
[02:44] | In three months. | 三个月后 |
[02:47] | – So, in the meantime, you’re in purgatory. – Huh. Yeah. | 所以在此同时 你等于是在炼狱 对 |
[02:51] | – Neither here nor there. – Afraid so. | 不上不下的 恐怕是这样 |
[02:54] | Betwixt and between. | 一颗心悬在那儿 |
[03:05] | What? | 怎么了? |
[03:06] | I was just thinking about when I went through testicular cancer. | 想到我那时治疗睾丸癌 |
[03:09] | After they removed my right testicle, | 医师移除我的右睾之后 |
[03:11] | Eileen would joke that she always liked the left one better. | 艾琳会开玩笑说 她始终比较喜欢我的左睾 |
[03:14] | She called you Lefty? | 她有叫你左撇子吗? |
[03:15] | No. Between the sheets, I was Norman Koufax. | 没有 在床第之间 我是诺曼柯法斯 |
[03:19] | Get it? | 有听懂吗?? |
[03:20] | – He was a lefty. – I got it. I… I got it. | 柯法斯是左投手 我懂 |
[03:25] | The speed limit’s 40, Norman. Everybody’s having to go around us. | 速限是时速55公里 诺曼 大家都得要绕过我们 |
[03:29] | That’s their business. | 那是他们家的事 |
[03:30] | Hey, I need to ask you a favor. | 我需要请你帮个忙 |
[03:33] | Sure, what do you… | 当然 你要… |
[03:35] | Ignore him. | 别理他 |
[03:37] | I need you to tell your daughter what’s going on. | 我需要你跟你女儿说实话 |
[03:40] | Asshole! | 混蛋! |
[03:42] | Drop dead, you inconsequential fuck! | 去死啦 你这个无关紧要的乌龟蛋 |
[03:45] | Jesus, where did that come from? | 天啊 哪来的火气啊? |
[03:47] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[03:49] | So, what do you think? | 那你觉得呢? |
[03:51] | About telling Mindy? | 跟敏迪实话实说? |
[03:53] | Why make her worry? | 干嘛让她担心呢? |
[03:54] | You tell her because it’s the right thing to do. | 你跟她说实话 因为这样才对 |
[03:56] | Yeah, well, I disagree. | 是啦 我不同意 |
[03:58] | Well, you’re wrong. | 那你就错了 |
[03:59] | Why do you care so much? | 你又干嘛这样关心? |
[04:00] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[04:09] | Oh, now you’re polite. | 你怎么突然变客气了? |
[04:10] | That was a friendly beep, and I reward friendly beeps. | 因为那是客气的提醒喇叭 我回敬客气的感谢喇叭 |
[04:14] | Sandy, when I was a little boy, | 山迪 我小时候 |
[04:16] | my father got very sick and no one would tell me what was going on. | 我爸重病 没人愿意跟我说情况 |
[04:19] | Everything was kept a big secret, and then when he died, | 全都变成大秘密 然后等他过世 |
[04:22] | I still couldn’t get a straight answer from anybody. | 还是没有人对我有话直说 |
[04:24] | My mother, my sisters, my aunts, my uncles. Nobody would talk to me. | 我妈、我姐 阿姨和舅舅 没人愿意跟我说 |
[04:28] | The best I ever heard was, | 我听到最妙的答案是 |
[04:30] | “God took Daddy to heaven so he could be with Grandpa Louie.” | “老天把爹地带到天堂 跟路易阿公在一起” |
[04:33] | Yeah, well, that was that generation. | 是啦 那一代是这样 |
[04:35] | Well, it’s a stupid thing to tell a child. | 跟小朋友说这件事很蠢 |
[04:37] | Yeah, but my case is different, right? | 对 但我的例子不同 对吧? |
[04:39] | The doctors said I’m gonna beat this. | 医师说我一定能战胜癌症 |
[04:41] | Of course they said that. That doesn’t mean anything. | 他们当然会这样说 那又没意义 |
[04:46] | And I’m back in denial. | 我又回到否认的阶段了 |
[04:48] | Secrets are poison. Don’t keep secrets, Sandy. | 秘密是毒药 不要守密 山迪 |
[04:51] | – Okay, I get it. – Don’t do that to Mindy. | 好 我懂 不要对敏迪那样 |
[04:53] | – I said I get it. – Do you? | -我说我懂 -你懂吗? |
[04:55] | Oh, shit. The car is brand new. | 可恶 这是刚买的新车 |
[04:58] | I haven’t figured out the hands-free thing yet. | 我还没搞懂免持要么用 |
[05:00] | It’s the little guy who’s talking. | 就是那个在说话的小人 |
[05:02] | What little guy? | 什么小人? |
[05:03] | Right there. The little guy. The face. | 就是那儿 小人 脸的图案 |
[05:05] | Oh, here. | 这里啊 |
[05:06] | – Hello? – Norman? | -喂? -诺曼? |
[05:08] | Madelyn? | 梅德琳? |
[05:09] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:10] | Hi. Yeah, I’m… I’m here with Sandy in the car. | 你好啊 我跟山迪在车上 |
[05:13] | Hello, Sandy. | 你好啊 山迪 |
[05:15] | Hi, Madelyn. | 你好啊 梅德琳 |
[05:16] | What are you fellas up to? | 你们有什么计划? |
[05:17] | Well, Sandy’s got some lung cancer, but we’re taking care of it. | 山迪得了肺癌 但我们正在处理 |
[05:20] | – Oh, my God! – For Christ’s sake. | -天啊 -要死了 |
[05:22] | But it’s a secret ’cause he’s a tough guy and no one can know. | 但那是秘密 因为他是硬汉 不能让人知道癌症的事 |
[05:26] | Oh, Sandy, I’m so sorry. Is… Is there anything I can do? | 山迪 我真的很遗憾 我有哪里可以帮上忙吗? |
[05:29] | Yeah, make up with Norman so he’ll have less time to spend with me. | 有啊 跟诺曼和好 |
[05:32] | That’s actually a good plan. | 这样他就会比较少和我在一起 这个计划其实很好 |
[05:35] | Can we make that the plan? | 我们可以照这个计划做吗? |
[05:37] | Well, we do need to talk. So, any chance you’re free tonight? | 我们需要聊聊 你晚上碰巧有空吗? |
[05:40] | Good chance. Very good chance. | 非常碰巧 机会超大 |
[05:43] | Hang on, Madelyn. I’m gonna mute you for a moment | 等等 梅德琳 我先帮你转一下静音 |
[05:45] | so I can talk to Sandy. | 我跟山迪说一下 |
[05:46] | Which one’s the mute? | 静音是哪个按键? |
[05:48] | The one that says “mute.” | 写着“静音”的那个 |
[05:49] | Oh, yeah. Hang on, Madelyn. | 对耶 稍等 梅德琳 |
[05:52] | What are you doing? She’s throwin’ you an olive branch. | 你干嘛啊?她都伸出橄榄枝示好了 |
[05:54] | I promised you we’d go to Musso’s tonight. | 我答应过你晚上去穆索餐厅吃饭 |
[05:56] | Don’t worry about Musso’s. We can do that any time. | 不用担心这个 我们随时可以去 |
[05:59] | Listen to you, talkin’ like a guy with a rosy future. | 看看你 说得像是未来一片光明 |
[06:02] | Jesus Christ, Norman. Don’t mess this up. | 要死了 诺曼 这次可别搞砸 |
[06:04] | – You’ll be okay? – I’ll be fine! | -你不会有事吧? -我会好好的啦 |
[06:06] | Maybe I’ll take your advice and talk to… | 或许我会接受你的建议 去跟… |
[06:16] | How did we not hit that guy? | 我们怎么没撞上去啊? |
[06:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:20] | Does this car have that collision avoidance system? | 这辆车有避免碰撞系统吗? |
[06:22] | Yeah. | 有 |
[06:24] | Oh. | |
[06:25] | – I guess it works. – I guess it does. | -我猜有用 -我猜是这样 |
[06:28] | What kind of schmuck stops in the middle of a street? | 有哪种阿呆会停在路中间啊? |
[06:30] | A schmuck who could see a red light. | 看得到红灯的阿呆 |
[06:32] | Pick a team, Sandy! | 你是哪一队的啊 山迪? |
[06:36] | Talk to Madelyn. | 跟梅德琳说话 |
[06:37] | Right, right, yeah. Hello? | 对耶…喂? |
[06:40] | Everything okay? | 都没事吧? |
[06:41] | Yeah. Hunky-dory. So, how about dinner? | 没事 好得很 那就晚餐如何? |
[06:43] | I would love that. | 求之不得 |
[06:44] | Sandy, do you mind if I borrow Norman for the evening? | 山迪 你介意晚上我借走诺曼吗? |
[06:47] | When you say “borrow him,” does that mean you’re bringing him back? | 你说用借的 |
[06:51] | I’m afraid so. | 所以会归还喔? 恐怕是这样 |
[06:57] | – Drop dead, you bag of shit! – What? | -去死啦 吃大便! -什么? |
[07:00] | Uh, I said, how’s seven o’clock sound? | 我说晚上七点可以吗? |
[07:03] | Yeah. That’s what he said. | 对 他是这样说的 (穆索与法兰烧烤餐厅) |
[07:12] | This is my favorite part. Watch this. | 我最爱这个部分 你看 |
[07:15] | In all the years I’ve been coming here, he’s never spilled a single drop. | 我到这家餐厅这些年下来 他从来没有弄洒过一滴 |
[07:18] | Oh, dear Lord. | 老天爷啊 |
[07:20] | It’s thrilling, right? | 很刺激吧? |
[07:21] | Thank you, Alex. | 谢谢你 亚历斯 |
[07:23] | – Yes, thank you. – You’re welcome. | -是的 谢谢你 -不客气 |
[07:28] | How often do you come here? | 你多常来这里? |
[07:30] | Oh, it varies. Maybe five or six times a week. | 不一定 一周五或六次吧 |
[07:33] | Wow! Why not make it seven? | 厉害 怎么不干脆七次算了? |
[07:35] | – Yeah, they’re closed on Monday. – Oh. | 是啦 他们逢周一公休 |
[07:37] | – Cheers. | – Cheers. |
[07:42] | Mm. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[07:44] | So… | 所以呢 |
[07:47] | Yes, so, um… | 对 所以呢… |
[07:49] | If you’re dumping me, I think we should go Dutch. | 如果你是要甩掉我 我想我们应该各付各的 |
[07:52] | Just shut up and let me talk. | 闭嘴听我说啦 |
[07:55] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:56] | Okay, here it is. | 好 来罗 |
[08:00] | I loved my husband, but he was a very angry man. | 我很爱我的先生 但他脾气很大 |
[08:03] | And I was constantly walking on eggshells. | 我一直都是战战兢兢 |
[08:07] | Then when he got sick, I, uh… | 后来他生病 我… |
[08:11] | I thought that it might make him, uh… | 我以为那或许会让他变得… |
[08:14] | softer, | 柔软一点 |
[08:15] | a little gentler, but… | 更温柔一点 但是… |
[08:18] | his temper got worse. | 他的脾气变得更糟 |
[08:20] | It was a nightmare. | 那是一场恶梦 |
[08:24] | So, when I blew up at Phoebe… | 所以我那次对菲比发飙 |
[08:26] | I just got right back on those eggshells. | 我又回到了战战兢兢的状态 |
[08:31] | I… | 我… |
[08:32] | I cannot… I… I will not live like that anymore. | 我没办法…我绝对不要再那样过活 |
[08:37] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[08:39] | I… I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道要说什么 |
[08:41] | I… I don’t like to think of myself as an angry person, | 我不喜欢把自己想成脾气大的人 |
[08:44] | but my nickname at work was the Prince of Darkness. | 但我在职场的绰号是暗黑王子 |
[08:48] | – Hm. – Well, that might be a clue. | 这或许就是线索了 |
[08:50] | Yeah, maybe. But it… it’s just, in my business, | 对 或许吧 只是做我那一行 |
[08:53] | getting mad and yelling and putting the fear of God into people’s… | 发脾气大吼大叫 让大家怕你怕得要死 |
[08:56] | It’s worked pretty well for me. | 对我来说还挺管用的 |
[08:58] | Did it work for Eileen? | 对艾琳有用吗? |
[09:00] | No. | 没有 |
[09:02] | I had to buy a foldout couch for the den. | 我还买了张沙发床放在书房 |
[09:04] | Spent a lot of nights there. It was… It was like my Elba. | 在那儿睡过不少的夜晚 就像是我的秘密基地 |
[09:07] | What about your daughter? | 那你女儿呢? |
[09:10] | Sh… | |
[09:11] | She walked on eggshells around me. | 她和我相处也是战战兢兢 |
[09:14] | So you get it. | 所以你懂了 |
[09:15] | I do. And I know I can’t promise that it’ll never happen again. | 我懂 我也知道我无法保证 绝对不会有下次 |
[09:20] | Well, that’s a problem. | 这就是问题了 |
[09:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:26] | How about this? How about we have an agreement? | 不然这样呢 我们说好 |
[09:28] | If I ever raise my voice around you, you have permission to roll up a newspaper | 如果我在你面前大声说话 |
[09:32] | and… and give me a good whack on the head. | 你就可以卷起报纸 好好敲我的头 |
[09:34] | – Like a bad dog? – Exactly. | -像是纠正坏狗狗那样? -没错 |
[09:37] | In fact, why don’t you just go ahead and say, “Bad dog”? | 其实你干脆就说“坏狗狗”好了? |
[09:39] | And whack you? | 然后敲你? |
[09:40] | Not… Not to cause pain. | 不是要打到痛 |
[09:42] | Just to startle me with the noise. I’ll take it from there. | 只是用声音让我吓到 我会再自己看着办 |
[09:53] | Good dog. | 乖狗狗 |
[09:56] | Arf. | 汪汪 |
[10:02] | – Hey, Sandy. – Hey. | -嗨 山迪 -嗨 |
[10:04] | Oh, okay. All right. | 好喔… |
[10:07] | – Sandy. – Oh! | 山迪 |
[10:08] | – Yes. – Hey, thanks, guys. | -是 -谢谢大家 |
[10:09] | Nice to… Nice to see you. Yeah, it’s good. Thanks. | 很高兴见到你们 谢了 好喔 |
[10:13] | My man! | 老兄 |
[10:14] | All right! Hey. All right. Here. | 好喔… |
[10:16] | That’s right. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[10:17] | – Sandy. – Hey. | -山迪 |
[10:19] | Oh! | -嗨 |
[10:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:21] | Hey. | |
[10:23] | Oh… | |
[10:25] | What the fuck? | 搞鬼啊? |
[10:29] | – Hi. | – Hi. -嗨 -嗨 |
[10:32] | I hope you don’t mind. Mindy said I… I could wait in here. | 希望你不介意 敏迪说我可以进来等 |
[10:35] | Uh, wait for what? | 等什么? |
[10:36] | For your acting class. | 等你的演戏课啊 |
[10:38] | You’re taking my class? | 你要来上我的课喔? |
[10:39] | Yeah. She signed me up. | 对 她帮我报名 |
[10:41] | Said I needed to get out of the house. | 说我需要走出家里 |
[10:43] | – Hey, I’m reading your book. – Yeah, I… I see that. | -我在看你的书 -对 我有看到 |
[10:46] | I’m up to chapter four. “Don’t Play the Subtext.” I like that. | 我看到第四章 “不要演出言下之意” |
[10:50] | – It’s, uh… It’s subtle. – Thanks. | -我喜欢 不着痕迹 -谢了 |
[10:53] | Where is, uh, Mindy? | 敏迪呢? |
[10:55] | Uh… That, I couldn’t tell you. I was… I was just told to wait here. | 这我就不知道了 她只说要我在这里等 |
[10:59] | All right. Well… | 好吧 那… |
[11:02] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样? |
[11:03] | Good, yeah. Feelin’ strong. Yeah, thanks. Good. | 很好啊 很强壮 谢了 很好 |
[11:07] | – Good. – Yeah. | -那就好 -是啊 |
[11:09] | It’s all good. I don’t know why I say that. I hate that saying. | 一切都好 竟然脱口而出 我讨厌这句话 |
[11:12] | “It’s all good.” You ever know anything that was all good? | “一切都好” 你知道有哪件事 一切都好吗? |
[11:15] | But, uh, in general, | 但是就一般来说 |
[11:18] | I am good. | 我很好 |
[11:19] | Most… mostly good. And you? | 大部分很好 你呢? |
[11:22] | Um… also good. | 我也很好 |
[11:25] | So we… | 所以我们… |
[11:26] | are both good. | 都很好 |
[11:28] | Mm-hm. “Johnny B. Goode.” | “强尼古德” |
[11:30] | “Good Golly, Miss Molly.” | “《好个我的天 莫莉小姐》” |
[11:32] | “Good Vibrations.” | “《好振动》” |
[11:33] | Maxwell House, good to the last drop… | “麦斯威尔咖啡 最后一滴都…” |
[11:36] | That one doesn’t work as good. Okay. | 这个就没那么搭了 |
[11:42] | How are you liking retirement? | 退休过得怎么样? |
[11:44] | It’s good. Yeah. | 很好啊…是啊 |
[11:48] | I just saw your text. What’s up? | 我刚才看到你传的简讯 怎么了? |
[11:51] | Oh, that’s… that’s not important. It… It can wait. | 不重要 可以等 |
[11:54] | Really? “Need to talk. Important.” | 是喔?“有要事 需要一聊” |
[11:58] | Yeah. No, no… No, I handled it. | 对 我处理好了 |
[12:00] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定? -对 |
[12:03] | You ready? | 你好了吗? |
[12:05] | You bet. | 那当然 |
[12:07] | By the way, when I was in high school, | 对了 我念高中那时 |
[12:08] | I understudied the role of George in Our Town. | 做过《我们的小镇》 乔治这个角色的候补演员 |
[12:11] | – Really? Ah. – Yeah, so I’m not new to this. | -是喔? -对 我不算是新手 |
[12:18] | Thank you, Alex. | 谢谢你 亚历斯 |
[12:20] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[12:22] | Feel like dessert? | 想要吃点心吗? |
[12:23] | Ooh! Maybe. What do you have in mind? | 或许吧 你有什么想法? |
[12:25] | – You like frozen yogurt? – I do. | -你喜欢吃优格冰淇淋吗? -喜欢 |
[12:27] | Good. I know just the place. | 那好 |
[12:29] | Hm. | 我知道有家店很棒 |
[12:30] | I wouldn’t have figured you for a yogurt guy. | 看不出来你爱吃优格 |
[12:33] | I’m not. It’s awful. | 我不爱吃 难吃死了 (山迪柯敏斯基演艺工作坊) |
[12:36] | Okay, so Jude and I have chosen to do a scene | 好 |
[12:38] | from Two and a Half Men. | 朱利安和我选择了 《好汉两个半》的一幕戏 |
[12:40] | Which was on Channel 2, but now it’s on Channel 348. | 本来在2频道播出 现在是348频道 |
[12:44] | Wait, wait. Hang on. | 慢着 等等 |
[12:45] | The assignment was to pick a classic comedy scene, | 作业是要选出经典的喜剧场景 |
[12:48] | and you picked Two and a Half Men? | 你们选了《好汉两个半》? |
[12:50] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:52] | You could’ve picked, uh, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, | 你们可以选奥斯卡王尔德、萧伯纳 |
[12:56] | Neil Simon, Aristophanes, | 尼尔赛门、亚里斯多芬 |
[12:59] | and you went with Two and a Half Men? | 结果却是选《好汉两个半》? |
[13:01] | I used to watch it with my grandma. | 我以前和我阿嬷一起看 |
[13:02] | She liked how dirty it was. | 低级到她很喜欢 |
[13:04] | What channel’s Aristophanes on? | 亚里斯多芬是在哪个频播出? |
[13:06] | Never mind. Let’s see it. | 算了 来看看吧 |
[13:08] | I’m Alan and he’s Charlie. | 我是艾伦 他是查理 |
[13:11] | That’s how I’d cast it. | 我也会这样选角 |
[13:13] | What’s better than live theater? | 还有什么比现场演出更棒呢? |
[13:15] | I’ll tell you. Nothing. | 我告诉你 完全没有 |
[13:17] | – Right? – Mm. | 是吧? |
[13:24] | ♪ Men, men, men, men Manly men, men, men ♪ | 男人… |
[13:28] | ♪ Men ♪ | 男人 |
[13:33] | Twelve years a-and she just throws me out. | 12年了 她竟然把我赶出家门 |
[13:35] | Uh… What was the point of our wedding vows? “‘Til death do us part.” | 结婚誓言有什么意义?“至死不渝” |
[13:39] | Who died? Not me. Not her. | 谁死了?不是我 不是她 |
[13:43] | How’d you get in my house? | 你是怎么进到我家的? |
[13:45] | Charlie, the key in the fake rock only works | 查理 把钥匙藏在假石头里若要有用 |
[13:48] | if it’s among other rocks, not sitting on your welcome mat. | 前提是和其他石头放在一起 不是自己一颗放在门口踏垫上 |
[13:52] | Well, excuse me, | 不好意思喔 |
[13:54] | but if you put the fake rock with all the other rocks, | 但要是把假石头 和其他石头放在一起 |
[13:57] | it’s impossible to find when you’re drunk. | 喝醉的时候哪可能找得到呢 |
[13:59] | I’m a good husband. I’m faithful. | 我是好先生 我很忠实 |
[14:02] | Well, is she? | 她呢? |
[14:03] | – I-Is she what? – Uh, faithful. | -她怎样? -忠实吗? |
[14:07] | Don’t be ridiculous. Uh… | 少乱说了 |
[14:09] | Judith doesn’t even like sex. | 茱蒂丝甚至不喜欢性爱 |
[14:11] | All she kept saying was she felt suffocated. | 她开口闭口就是觉得喘不过气来 |
[14:13] | Sh-She kept going on and on. “I’m suffocating. I’m suffocating.” | 她老是说:“我快窒息了” |
[14:17] | What does that mean? Has a woman ever said that to you? | 那是什么意思? 有女人对你这样说过吗? |
[14:21] | Well, sure. | 当然 |
[14:22] | Not a woman who doesn’t like sex. | 但不是不喜欢性爱的女人 |
[14:26] | Jake! Uh, this could destroy Jake. | 杰克 这有可能毁掉杰克 |
[14:29] | Jake… | 杰克 |
[14:30] | My son? | 我的儿子 |
[14:31] | Ah, well, you know, teenagers are pretty sophisticated these days. | 这年头的青少年相当复杂 |
[14:35] | He’s ten. | 他才十岁 |
[14:37] | Look, this is just until things settle out. | 你听我说 这只是暂时 等事情解决 |
[14:39] | A… A couple of days, max. She’ll come to her senses. | 顶多两天吧 她会回心转意的 |
[14:43] | Sure. That’s what women do. | 当然 女人都这样 |
[14:47] | Look, you can have the guest bedroom. I’m gonna go get you some sheets. | 但你可以用客卧 我去帮你拿床单 |
[14:50] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[14:51] | Uh… I brought my own. | 我自己有带 |
[14:54] | You brought your own sheets? | 你自己带床单来喔? |
[14:56] | I like my sheets. | 我喜欢我自己的床单 |
[14:59] | Okay. Good night. | 好吧 晚安 |
[15:01] | Wait! Wait. | 等等… |
[15:02] | We hardly ever talk to each other. | 我们几乎都没在聊天了 |
[15:05] | What do you wanna talk about, Alan? | 你要聊什么 艾伦? |
[15:07] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[15:08] | I… I was named chiropractor of the year | 我获得圣弗南多谷整脊协会 |
[15:11] | by the San Fernando Valley Chiropractic Association. | 提名为年度最佳整脊医师 |
[15:16] | – Okay. Good night. – Hang on! | 好喔 晚安 等等 |
[15:19] | What about you? | 那你呢? |
[15:20] | What’s goin’ on with you? | 你过得怎么样? |
[15:22] | Well, Alan, there’s really not much to say. | 艾伦 其实没什么值得说的 |
[15:25] | You know, I… I make a lot of money for doing very little work. | 我的工作事少薪水高 |
[15:28] | I sleep with beautiful women that don’t ask about my feelings. Uh… | 跟美女睡觉 她们不问我感情的事 |
[15:32] | I drive a Jag. | 我开捷豹名车 |
[15:33] | I live at the beach. | 我住在海滩边 |
[15:35] | And sometimes, in the middle of the day, and for no reason at all, | 有时候一天过到一半 完全没来由 |
[15:38] | I make myself a big pitcher of margaritas. | 我会帮自己做一大壶玛格丽特调酒 |
[15:41] | And I take a nap out on the sun deck. | 然后在躺椅上晒太阳睡午觉 |
[15:45] | Huh. | |
[15:48] | And scene. | 结束 |
[15:52] | Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[15:57] | Okay. That was, uh, one way to rip off The Odd Couple. | 好 模仿《单身公寓》 这也算一招 |
[16:01] | Well, thank you. | 多谢称赞 |
[16:03] | Before we critique the scene, I wanna take a step back | 在我评论这幕戏之前 我想要先退一步 |
[16:07] | and talk a little bit about comedy as a genre. | 说说喜剧这个戏剧类型 |
[16:10] | Why don’t you guys sit down? | 你们先坐吧 |
[16:14] | What separates… | 喜剧和… |
[16:18] | Oh, uh, okay. | 好喔 |
[16:21] | What separates comedy from drama? | 喜剧和戏剧的分别是什么? |
[16:25] | Is there, in fact, a separation? | 其实又真的有分别吗? |
[16:30] | – Martin, just hold off a second. – Sorry. | -马丁 你先等一下 -抱歉 |
[16:34] | Should we, as actors, even acknowledge a divide between the two forms? | 我们身为演员又应该去认可 这两者当中有所分野吗? |
[16:40] | Human beings cry, they love, | 人类会哭泣 会去爱 |
[16:43] | they fear, they laugh, they rage. | 恐惧、欢笑和愤怒 |
[16:46] | Which of those things is more important, | 以上这些有哪个比较重要… |
[16:48] | more worthy of their intentions than the others? | 在用意上来说比其他的有价值吗? |
[16:54] | The answer is simple. | 答案很简单 |
[16:56] | None of them. They’re equal. | 没有 它们都是平等的 |
[16:59] | Which means we don’t play comedy. | 意思是我们不是去演出喜剧 |
[17:01] | We don’t play drama. | 我们不是去演出戏剧 |
[17:03] | We play the truth. | 我们是演出事实 |
[17:05] | If you’re cast in a comedy, perhaps a sitcom, | 如果你扮演喜剧中的角色 或许是情境喜剧 |
[17:07] | and there’s a joke in your script, you don’t play the joke. | 而剧本中有个笑话 你不是去演出笑话 |
[17:11] | You play the reality of the moment. | 而是演出当下的现实 |
[17:15] | If there’s laughter to be had, it’ll take care of itself. | 如果观众看了会笑 也是自然而然 |
[17:19] | You don’t need to help it. In fact… | 你们不需要帮一把 事实上呢 |
[17:21] | helping it is the worst thing that you can do. | 帮一把是你们能做出最糟糕的事 |
[17:25] | Eh… | |
[17:26] | Uh… | |
[17:28] | Yes, Martin? | 是的 马丁? |
[17:29] | Uh, what if the joke stinks? | 要是笑话本身很烂呢? |
[17:31] | That’s not your concern. | 那不该是你的关切 |
[17:32] | You’re providing services as an actor, not a critic. | 你是以演员的身分提供服务 不是剧评 |
[17:36] | Right, but… | 对 但是… |
[17:38] | you could help it along, like, you know… | 你可以在过程中帮一把 像是… |
[17:40] | You see… They make funny faces | 做鬼脸或是发出喜剧音效… |
[17:42] | or they make a… a comedy noise, or… or… you know, to help it. | 用来帮一把 |
[17:46] | – No. – No? | -不行 -不行吗? |
[17:48] | That doesn’t seem fair. | 这样似乎不公道 (优格冰淇淋店) |
[17:54] | She was recently promoted to night manager. | 她最近升上夜班经理 |
[17:56] | – No kidding. – Yeah. | -真的喔? -是啊 |
[17:58] | She goes to AA meetings during the day | 白天去参加戒酒无名会 |
[18:00] | and sells yogurt at night, and I couldn’t be more proud. | 晚上卖优格 我真是太以她为荣了 |
[18:03] | Next step, rescue her son from Scientology. | 下一步就是把她儿子救出山达基教会 |
[18:06] | Next! | 下一位 |
[18:10] | – Hey! – I brought you a new customer. | -嗨 -我帮你带了新顾客过来 |
[18:13] | – Madelyn. – Hi, Phoebe. | -梅德琳 -你好啊 菲比 |
[18:15] | What can I get you? | 需要来点什么? |
[18:16] | I’d like a cup of strawberry with all of the fixings. | 我想要一杯草莓的 配料都加 |
[18:19] | Make it two. | 来两杯吧 |
[18:20] | Except vanilla and just M&M’s. | 来两杯 但一杯是香草口味 配料加M&M巧克力 |
[18:24] | Phoebe, is there a ladies room here? | 菲比 这里有女厕吗? |
[18:26] | Uh… Not officially, but through that door and on the right. | 正式来说没有 但可以从这道门过去 在右边 |
[18:31] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:33] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[18:34] | Um, there’s no light and there’s no paper, | 里头没有灯 也没有卫生纸 |
[18:36] | so just use your phone, and take this. | 所以用手机照 这个带着 |
[18:42] | Hey, I was planning on visiting Mom this Sunday. | 我打算这周日要去看妈妈 |
[18:47] | Would you like to go with me? | 你想跟我一起去吗? |
[18:49] | You’re going to the cemetery? | 你要去墓园? |
[18:51] | Is she somewhere else? | 她在别的地方吗? |
[18:52] | No, I’m just surprised. I… I didn’t think you cared that much. | 不是 我只是很意外 没想到你这样在乎 |
[18:56] | Yeah. Um… | 是啊 |
[18:58] | Turns out I do. | 结果真的是 |
[19:00] | I need to make amends for being such a shitty daughter. | 我做了这么烂的女儿 需要弥补 |
[19:04] | How do you do that? She’s dead. | 要怎么弥补?她都死了 |
[19:07] | I don’t know, Dad. I’m just… | 不知道 爸 我只是… |
[19:10] | doing what I was told to do in order to stay sober. | 按照聚会上头说的做 好让自己保持清醒 |
[19:14] | Yeah, okay. | 对 好吧 |
[19:18] | I’ll go with you. | 我跟你一起去 |
[19:20] | Great. Thank you. | 太好了 谢谢你 |
[19:23] | And congratulations on getting back together with Madelyn. | 也恭喜你和梅德琳重修旧好 |
[19:27] | She’s awesome. | 她超赞的 |
[19:28] | Yeah, she is. | 对 她是啊 |
[19:33] | Phoebe, I… I… I… | 菲比 我… |
[19:36] | I would like to apologize for being so angry. | 我想要道歉 我脾气太差 |
[19:40] | What? | 什么? |
[19:41] | When you were growing up, I was angry a lot. | 你从小到大 我常常发脾气 |
[19:43] | And going forward, I will try to be better. | 从今而后 我会努力改进 |
[19:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:57] | Apology accepted. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[20:01] | I’m glad. Thank you. | 我很高兴 谢谢你 |
[20:03] | And please… | 还有拜托… |
[20:06] | Don’t forget the M&M’s. | 不要忘了加M&M巧克力 |
[20:10] | Right. | |
[20:13] | That’s so fetch. | 超“激炫” |
[20:14] | Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen. | 葛蕾琴 不要再把“激炫” 当成流行语在讲 |
[20:16] | It’s not gonna happen. | 死了这条心吧 |
[20:19] | And scene. | 结束 |
[20:21] | Yeah. Good. | |
[20:25] | Okay, good job. | 好的 非常好 |
[20:28] | Before we call it a night, I want to introduce a new student. | 今晚结束前 我想要介绍一个新学生 |
[20:31] | Everybody, this is Martin Schneider. | 各位 这是马丁许奈德 |
[20:34] | Yeah, okay. | 对 好吧 |
[20:38] | Martin, we have a tradition here at the Kominsky Studio. | 马丁 柯敏斯基演艺工作坊有个传统 |
[20:42] | Newbies are given a few minutes to tell us a little bit about themselves, | 新同学要花几分钟向我们介绍自己 |
[20:46] | why they’re here, whatever you want, really. | 为何来上课…其实想说什么都可以 |
[20:50] | Uh… | |
[20:52] | Okay. Um… | 好的 |
[20:54] | Martin. | 马丁 |
[20:56] | From the stage. | 从台上说 |
[20:58] | I should come down there? | 我要下去喔? |
[21:03] | Oh, boy. Uh… | 怪怪 |
[21:13] | – Is this really a tradition? – It is now. | 这真的是传统吗? |
[21:18] | Um… Whew! | 现在是了 |
[21:21] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[21:24] | Hello… | 各位学生 |
[21:25] | students. Uh… | 大家好 |
[21:28] | As you heard, my name is Martin Schneider. | 你们刚才听到了 我是马丁许奈德 |
[21:32] | Actually it’s Martin Lester Schneider. | 其实是马丁列斯特许奈德 |
[21:34] | Hey, maybe if I become an actor, I’ll… I’ll just be Martin Lester. | 或许要是我成为演员 就会是马丁列斯特 |
[21:39] | Not so ethnic. | 种族意味比较少 |
[21:42] | I grew up in New York. | 我在纽约长大 |
[21:43] | Syosset, Long Island. | 长岛的索亚瑟 |
[21:45] | I taught high school history and English right here in LA for… | 我在洛杉矶这儿的高中 |
[21:50] | phew… | 教授历史和英文… |
[21:52] | a long time. | 很长一段时间 |
[21:54] | And I… I just recently retired and, uh… | 而我最近退休 |
[21:59] | fell in love with Mindy. | 爱上了敏迪 |
[22:03] | I don’t know how that happened. | 不知道是怎么发生的 |
[22:05] | But, uh… thank God it did. | 但感谢老天让它发生 |
[22:09] | And, uh, there you go. | 这就是了 |
[22:10] | That’s… that’s… that’s it. | 好了 |
[22:14] | That’s not it? | 还没好喔? |
[22:17] | Um… | |
[22:20] | I, um… | 我… |
[22:22] | I should probably mention this. | 我八成应该提一下 |
[22:24] | I recently had a, uh… a heart attack… | 我最近心脏病发 |
[22:28] | which, uh… | 这… |
[22:30] | scared the shit out of me, to be honest. | 老实说吓得我魂都飞了 |
[22:33] | I really thought I was gonna die. | 我真的以为自己会死掉 |
[22:38] | But, as you can see, I am still here. | 但你们看得出来 |
[22:42] | Uh… | 我还在 |
[22:44] | And the crazy thing is… | 而很疯狂的是 |
[22:48] | nothing really changed. | 没什么改变 |
[22:52] | I’m still doin’ what I’ve always done. | 我还是在做我一直在做的事 |
[22:55] | I just go around pretending everything is okay. | 我跑来跑去 假装一切都没问题 |
[23:01] | Everything’s good. | 一切都好 |
[23:06] | I don’t… I don’t… Uh, I don’t think it is. | 我不…我不觉得真是这样 |
[23:09] | Mm… After a couple of weeks of… | 经过了两周… |
[23:13] | mopin’ around the house, Mindy said… | 无精打采窝在家里 敏迪说 |
[23:16] | I should put on some clothes, | 我应该穿上衣服 |
[23:18] | go do something. | 去做些什么事 |
[23:21] | I said, “What?” | 我说:“做啥?” |
[23:23] | And she said this. | 她说这个 |
[23:27] | So… | 所以呢… |
[23:33] | Here I am. | 我来了 |
[23:36] | I’m takin’ an acting class… | 我来上演戏课 |
[23:39] | instead of sitting home, | 而不是坐在家里 |
[23:41] | wonderin’ what the hell I did with my life. | 纳闷着我这辈子是怎么了 |
[23:51] | Because I don’t know. | 因为我不知道 |
[24:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:07] | Scene. | 结束 |