时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Let me begin by thanking Sandy | 首先 我要感谢桑迪 |
[00:23] | for asking me to come and talk to you tonight. | 邀请我今晚来这里跟大家讲话 |
[00:25] | And while I appreciate the invitation, | 虽然很感谢你的邀请 |
[00:29] | the only reason I accepted was… Margaret Chen. | 但我接受的唯一原因 是玛格丽特陈 |
[00:34] | See, I figure, if a school can turn out someone like Margaret, | 是这样的 我认为如果一间学校 能教出玛格丽特这样的学生 |
[00:37] | with her instincts and abilities, | 培养得她如此直觉敏锐 能力卓绝 |
[00:40] | her discipline and focus, | 为人自律 做事专注 |
[00:43] | it must be a great school. | 这学校肯定了不起 |
[00:45] | And it must have a great teacher. | 并且还有了不起的老师 |
[00:47] | Oh, you’re gonna make me cry. | 你要把我感动哭了 |
[00:51] | So… what can I tell you about acting | 那么… 我还有什么表演上的事 |
[00:55] | that you haven’t already heard from this man? | 是你们还没听这位先生说过的呢? |
[00:58] | The best way to find out is to sign up for my MasterClass on acting. | 要知道答案 最好的办法 就是报名我的表演大师课 |
[01:04] | For $90 you’ll get 20 lessons | 只要90美元 你们能拥有20节 |
[01:06] | dealing with everything from character development | 包罗万象的表演课 范围涵盖从角色建立 |
[01:08] | to auditioning to dealing with directors, voice-over work… | 到如何试镜 到与导演相处 还有配音… |
[01:12] | Hey, hang on. Hang on. | 喂 等下 |
[01:14] | What? | 啥啊? |
[01:15] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢? |
[01:17] | I’m telling them about my MasterClass. | 跟他们介绍我的大师课啊 |
[01:21] | I also talk about what is expected of you when you walk on a movie set. | 我还会教大家 拍电影时 大家会期待你如何表现 |
[01:25] | – Morgan. – What? | -摩根 -嗯? |
[01:26] | Morgan, you can’t shill for your course in the middle of my course. | 摩根 你不能在我课上卖自己的课吧 |
[01:31] | I mean, they pay me to teach them. | 我是说 他们给钱是来听我上课的 |
[01:33] | And you do a wonderful job, Sandy, but… shouldn’t they have the opportunity | 你上得是蛮好啊 桑迪 可是他们难道不应该有机会 |
[01:38] | to get the straight scoop from the horse’s mouth? | 得到一线权威的新鲜养分吗? |
[01:42] | – Are you saying that I’m not the horse? – No, no. You are. | 你是说我不是权威? 不 你是 |
[01:46] | My scoop is not straight? | 那我的养分不够新鲜? |
[01:48] | No. It’s very straight. | 不 很新鲜 |
[01:50] | But… | 但我有大师班诶 |
[01:52] | …I have a MasterClass. | |
[01:54] | And this is a master class too. | 我这也是大师班 |
[01:56] | Not one that has gotten four and a half stars from PC Magazine. | 又不是在《计算机杂志》 得到四星半评价的大师班 |
[02:01] | No disrespect, | 无意冒犯 |
[02:02] | but just because you’ve succeeded at something | 但仅仅因为你做某事获得了成功 |
[02:05] | doesn’t mean you can teach it. | 不代表你能教好它 |
[02:06] | So, you think someone who has failed at something should teach it? | 那么 你觉得是应该 让做不好这件事的人来教吗? |
[02:11] | Walter Alston played one game in the major leagues, | 沃特欧斯顿在大联盟只打过一场 |
[02:14] | had one at bat, and he struck out. | 一次击球 三振出局 |
[02:16] | As the manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers, he won four World Series. | 但他作为经理 带领洛杉矶道奇队 四次世界大赛夺冠 |
[02:23] | So, now you are Walter Alston? | 所以你现在自比沃特欧斯顿了? |
[02:24] | No. I won a Tony. He never won a Tony. | 不 我得过托尼奖 他可没得过托尼奖 |
[02:27] | Are you saying you wouldn’t want a golf lesson from Tiger Woods? | 你是想说 你不会想让老虎伍兹 亲自给你上一节高尔夫课吗? |
[02:30] | I’m telling you I would rather get a lesson from his father, | 我是告诉你 我更想上他爸爸的一节课 |
[02:33] | the guy that taught him. | 就是教他打球的那个人 |
[02:35] | So my years of experience have no value? | 所以我的多年经验毫无价值吗? |
[02:37] | No, no. I’m just saying success doesn’t make you a good teacher. | 不 我只是说 成功并不意味着你能当个好老师 |
[02:41] | Being able to instruct, inspire, | 能够教授 启发 |
[02:43] | and motivate people, that’s what makes you a good teacher. | 激励人们 这些才能让你成为好老师 |
[02:46] | I have a question! | 我有个问题 |
[02:47] | Instead of arguing, maybe you guys could do something together? | 二位与其这么吵下去 不如考虑一起合作个什么? |
[02:51] | Maybe some improv? | 比如即兴表演什么的? |
[02:54] | What do you think we’ve been doing? | 你觉得我们俩是在干什么呢? |
[02:57] | – You feel like we got it? – I think so. | -你觉得我俩演得好不? -我觉得不错 |
[03:00] | And scene. | 停 (第20章) (剧名:圆脚趾塞进细高跟) |
[03:15] | “Evan Almighty” on three! | 数到三一起喊”茄子“! |
[03:16] | – I see me. – Yeah! | -看到我啦 -耶! |
[03:20] | They’re all Margaret’s friend now. | 他们现在都是玛格丽特的朋友了 |
[03:22] | Yeah. Funny how that works. | 是啊 真有意思 |
[03:23] | He’s no spring chicken, but he is still doable. | 虽然不再是小鲜肉 |
[03:27] | Oh, Mom. | 但他还是值得一睡的 妈 |
[03:29] | Look at him. | 你看他啊 |
[03:30] | He’s like a tall Fudgsicle. | 他就像根高大的巧克力冰棒 |
[03:32] | You wanna lick him all over. | 让人想舔遍他全身 |
[03:34] | You got no filter, do you? | 你嘴上就没个把门儿的吧? |
[03:36] | I say what I think. | 我想什么说什么 |
[03:38] | If others don’t like it, they’re free to say what they think. | 别人不喜欢听 也尽管想什么说什么好了 |
[03:43] | – Go ahead. – Ugh! | 说嘛 |
[03:44] | Oh. | 马丁到了 |
[03:46] | That’s Martin. I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[03:48] | – Why didn’t he come tonight? – He, uh, had to run an errand. | 他今晚怎么没来? 他得帮人跑个腿 |
[03:53] | What kind of errand is more important than MasterClass Morgan? | 跑什么腿比摩根大师课还重要啊? |
[03:57] | – Where are you going? – I’m gonna go find out. | -你去哪? -我倒要问问看 |
[04:00] | – Morgan, I’ll be right back. – Okay. | -摩根 我一会儿回来 -好 |
[04:02] | Ugh, damn. | 完蛋 |
[04:04] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[04:08] | Porsche 911 GT3. | 保时捷911 GT3 |
[04:12] | I can see. | 看见了 |
[04:21] | – Go ahead. Say it. – Yep. I can… Okay. | 继续啊 说出来 |
[04:24] | – No need. – Little snug. | -没必要 -挤了点儿 |
[04:28] | As snug as a bug. | 挤得挺舒服 |
[04:30] | Oh, boy. Oh! Oh! Upsy-daisy! | 哎呀呀 我滴个小乖乖 |
[04:33] | Okay. I’m okay. Oh! | 行 我还好 |
[04:35] | He does save money on shoes. | 他买鞋倒是很省的 |
[04:38] | Whoo! Not a problem. Okay. | 没问题 挺好 |
[04:40] | Yeah. Just, uh, takes a little getting used to. | 对 只是需要适应一下 |
[04:46] | Can you believe this? | 你能信吗? |
[04:48] | Hundred-thousand-dollar car, in the slow lane, under the speed limit. | 几十万美元的车 开在慢车道 低于限速行驶 |
[04:53] | It’s how drunks drive when there’s a cop behind them. | 后面有警察跟着的醉汉司机 就是这么开车的 |
[04:56] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉了 |
[04:58] | I feel like this is my doing. | 怎么感觉这事儿怪我 |
[05:01] | You’re not gonna let me off the hook? | 你不能放过我吗? |
[05:04] | Water under the bridge. | 随风去了 |
[05:06] | A ten-million-dollar bridge. | 几十万的风 |
[05:09] | What’d you say to him back there? | 你刚在那儿跟他说什么了? |
[05:11] | I said, if he spent one more penny of Mindy’s inheritance, I’d kill him. | 我说 他敢再花明迪继承的一分钱 我就杀了他 |
[05:16] | Very funny. | 好好笑哦 |
[05:18] | That’s what he said. | 他就是这么说的 |
[05:19] | If you spend one more penny | 你敢再花明迪继承的一分钱 |
[05:21] | of Mindy’s inheritance, I’m gonna kill you. | 我就杀了你 |
[05:24] | Very funny. | 好好笑哦 |
[05:26] | You need to know I’m willing to die in prison. | 你得知道 我是愿意死在牢里的 |
[05:31] | – Sandy, come on. – I mean, I can teach acting anywhere. | -桑迪 别啊 -毕竟我在哪里都能教表演 |
[05:35] | Would you feel better knowing it’s just a lease? | 要是告诉你这是租的 会不会好过一点? |
[05:38] | I told the sales girl I was a retired schoolteacher. | 我跟售车小姐说我是个退休教师 |
[05:40] | She gave me very favorable terms. | 她就给我提供了优惠条款 |
[05:42] | I don’t care if she dipped that thing in K-Y Jelly and slid it up your ass. | 我才不管她是不是把那玩意儿 涂了润滑剂塞进了你屁眼里 |
[05:47] | That money was meant to provide a safety net for my kid. | 那笔钱是用来保障我孩子生活的 |
[05:50] | Okay, first of all, that’s a horrible, vaguely homophobic image. | 好吧 首先 你描绘的是个可怕的 略微恐同的画面 |
[05:54] | Second of all, relax. You’ve got nothing to worry about here. | 其次 放轻松啦 这事儿根本没什么好担心的 |
[05:58] | So there won’t be any more dumbass purchases? | 所以不会再有更多 |
[06:00] | Well… well… | 愚蠢的买买买了吧? 这个嘛 |
[06:04] | Don’t make me ask. | 别逼我问 |
[06:05] | Okay. Yes. | 好吧 有的 |
[06:08] | Yes, there was also, additionally, uh, | 确实 附带着有买 |
[06:12] | a 100-inch ultra-high-def LED TV screen with a state-of-the-art surround system. | 一部百英寸超高解析LED电视 配有最先进的环绕音响 |
[06:17] | You fucking kidding… Are you kidding me? | 你他妈开玩…你逗我呢? |
[06:20] | You got a tiny little house. Where are you gonna put a 100-inch TV? | 你那房子那么屁点大 要怎么放下一部百英寸电视啊? |
[06:24] | In the home theater that I was planning to build in the backyard. | 放在我准备建在后院的家庭影院里 |
[06:31] | It’ll happen in your sleep, you know. You won’t wake up. | 那只会发生在你梦里 知道吧 你醒不来的梦里 |
[06:35] | Okay. Listen, I… I… | 好吧 我说那个… |
[06:36] | You know, everything’s still in a box. I can return it. | 你知道 我包装还没拆 可以退回去的 |
[06:40] | And the home theater? | 家庭影院呢? |
[06:43] | Haven’t even broken ground yet. | 还没动工呢 |
[06:47] | Martin, this has to stop now, right now. | 马丁 这种事必须打住了 |
[06:50] | Understood. I hear you. | 明白 听见了 |
[06:51] | – I mean, do you? – Mm-hmm. Yeah. | -确定? -嗯 |
[06:53] | – There are worse things than murder. – Like what? | -因为有些事比谋杀还可怕 -比如什么? |
[06:55] | I can call your mother. | 我可以打给你妈 |
[06:58] | I don’t think you would do that. | 我觉得你不会的 |
[06:59] | Estelle Schneider, Sunrise Village, Scottsdale, Arizona. | 艾丝黛尔施耐德 亚利桑那州 斯科茨代尔的日出小镇 |
[07:04] | – How do you know that? – Asshole, she teaches cha-cha on TikTok. | 你怎么知道? 蠢蛋 她在抖音上教人跳恰恰 |
[07:10] | I do love that you’re so protective of Mindy. | 我还蛮喜欢你这么护着明迪的 |
[07:13] | – That girl is the best of both of us. – Yeah. | -那孩子是我俩最好的结果 -是啊 |
[07:19] | What? Uh, she is. | 干吗?她就是啊 |
[07:21] | Oh, I… I agree, uh… | 我同意 |
[07:24] | I was just thinking how… | 我只是在想 |
[07:25] | how weird it is to | 多奇怪啊 |
[07:29] | like you. | 我这会儿喜欢你了 |
[07:33] | Oh, well, uh… | 哎哟 |
[07:35] | I like you too. | 我也喜欢你来着 |
[07:38] | Really? | 真的? |
[07:39] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[07:41] | I’m enjoying, uh, this, uh, time together. | 我觉得这么一起待着 还挺好 |
[07:45] | Good. | 挺好 |
[07:47] | Who would’ve figured it? | 谁能想得到啊? |
[07:49] | Oh, the nights I laid awake wishing you dead. | 那么多个晚上 我睁着眼祈祷你去死 |
[07:52] | I never wanted that for you. | 我可没想让你死过 |
[07:56] | – No? – Oh, no. Dead is dead. | 没有吗? 没有 死了一了百了 |
[07:58] | I wanted you to suffer. | 我想让你饱受煎熬 |
[08:02] | Can you be more specific? | 能说具体点儿吗? |
[08:03] | There are these diseases in Central Africa | 在中非 有这么些疾病啊 |
[08:07] | that slowly turn your internal organs into a river of shit. | 能慢慢把你的脏器融化成一滩屎水 |
[08:13] | Aw! | |
[08:14] | Mmm. | |
[08:15] | – But now we, uh… we like each other. – Yeah. | -但我们现在是喜欢彼此的 -是 |
[08:19] | All is forgiven. | 一切都能原谅啦 |
[08:20] | No. Not all. | 不 不是一切 |
[08:24] | – No? – Oh, think about it. | 不是吗? 你再想想 |
[08:29] | Okay, but, uh, we like each other. | 好吧 但我们是喜欢彼此的 |
[08:32] | Right. | 对 |
[08:37] | I promised your dad I wouldn’t buy one, but you still can. | 我是跟你爸保证不再买了 但你还能买呀 |
[08:40] | What’s wrong with the TV we have? | 我们现在的电视哪里不好了? |
[08:43] | It’s not big. | 它不大呀 |
[08:45] | So what? | 所以呢? |
[08:46] | Uh, hello. Big movies need big TVs! | 提醒一下 大电影需要大电视啊 |
[08:49] | Well, hello, no, they don’t. | -提醒一下 |
[08:51] | Okay, if you’re gonna be ridiculous… | 并不需要 -你要是在这事儿上不讲武德… |
[08:53] | – Will you keep your voice down? – This is how I whisper. | 你能不能小点儿声? 我就是这么说悄悄话的 |
[08:56] | – Why can’t you just be happy? – I am happy. | 你要怎么才能高兴呢? 我满意啊 |
[08:59] | I think I’ve earned the right to enjoy Lawrence of Arabia | 我有权享受超级潘那维申摄影的 |
[09:02] | in Super Panavision. | 《阿拉伯的劳伦斯》 |
[09:04] | What’s Super Panavision? | 超级潘那维申是什么啊? |
[09:07] | Just like Panavision, but it’s better. | 就是潘那维申摄像机拍的 但更好 |
[09:09] | How? | 怎么更好了? |
[09:10] | What do you mean, “How?” It’s super! It’s Super Panavision! | 什么意思?加了超级啊! 是超级潘那维申! |
[09:14] | I don’t know what that… | 这些我一个都不想要! |
[09:16] | …fantastic vision! | 好极了! |
[09:33] | Sandy, hi, it’s Phoebe. | 桑迪 嗨 我是菲比 |
[09:35] | I was hoping that you could help me out with something. | 我希望你能帮帮我 |
[09:38] | There’s a guy I owe some money to, | 有个男的 我欠了他的钱 |
[09:41] | and, um, he’s getting out of jail on Monday. | 他周一就要出狱了 |
[09:44] | And… | 然后… |
[09:46] | Thank you, Norman. | 我谢谢你啊 诺曼 |
[09:48] | Hey, Sandy, it’s Robbie Newlander. | 嘿 桑迪 我是罗比纽兰德 |
[09:50] | I’ve been thinking. Instead of 25 million, | 我又考虑了一下 |
[09:53] | how about 11,600… | 不用两千五百万 不如一万一千六… |
[09:56] | Thank you, Norman. | 我谢谢你啊 诺曼 |
[09:59] | Hi, Sandy, this is, uh, Barry Levinson calling. | 嗨 桑迪 我是巴瑞莱文森 |
[10:02] | We haven’t met, but I heard great things about you from Norman Newlander. | 我们没见过 但我从诺曼纽兰德那里 听过很多对你的赞美 |
[10:07] | I was very sorry to hear about his passing. | 听说他去世了 非常遗憾 |
[10:09] | You know, he was really one of the good guys. | 你知道的 他真的是个很好的人 |
[10:13] | Anyway, I’m about to start casting on a film, | 总之 我这边准备给一部电影找演员 |
[10:16] | and I’m looking for a new face that’s, uh… | 我在找一个新面孔 |
[10:18] | Well, it’s kind of an old face. | 一个… 比较老面孔的新面孔 |
[10:20] | Jesus, I hope that’s not as disrespectful as it sounds. | 天呐 希望这个说法 没有听起来这么不尊重人 |
[10:24] | Anyway, this is my cell phone. | 总之 这是我的手机号码 |
[10:26] | Give me a call, and we’ll talk, okay? | 请回电 我俩聊聊 好吗? |
[10:28] | Thanks. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[10:35] | Thank you, Norman. | 谢谢你 诺曼 |
[10:40] | All right. We got Jack Daniel’s and Diet Dr. Pepper. | 好嘞 |
[10:49] | This is terrific. | 我们这是杰克丹尼加了无糖气泡水 |
[10:51] | Thank you! | -太好喝啦 -谢谢! |
[10:55] | Where’d you come up with this concoction? | 你去哪儿发明的这么种喝法? |
[10:58] | The truth… | 真相就是… |
[11:00] | July 4th, 1968. | 1968年7月4日 |
[11:02] | I’m doing acid with Leonard Cohen, and he got crazy thirsty, | 我跟莱昂纳德柯恩一起嗑药 他说口渴得要死 |
[11:06] | so we went rummaging through Lou Reed’s kitchen… | 我俩就去卢里德的厨房里翻箱倒柜 |
[11:09] | Wait a minute, wait a minute. You’re tripping with Leonard Cohen | 等一下 |
[11:13] | at Lou Reed’s place? | 你和莱昂纳德柯恩 在卢里德家嗑嗨了? |
[11:15] | Yeah. A… a… anyway. | 是啊 总之呢 |
[11:17] | Cross a bottle of Jack and a can of Diet Dr. Pepper. | 看到一瓶杰克丹尼和一罐无糖气泡水 |
[11:21] | So, we start drinkin’ ’em separately. | 然后我们就开始分开来喝 |
[11:23] | It… it’s good. It’s good. Nothin’ to write home about. | 挺好 没什么特别的 |
[11:26] | And then I realize, | 接着我就意识到 |
[11:28] | “Hey, man. They’re the same color.” | “老兄 这俩一个颜色诶” |
[11:32] | So your minds are blown. | 头脑爆炸啦 |
[11:34] | Cosmic acid epiphany. | 宇宙嗨爆 |
[11:36] | We mixed ’em together, took a swallow, | 我们把它们混起来 尝了一口 |
[11:38] | and roared like two cavemen who just discovered fire. | 像两个刚发现火的洞穴人一样 |
[11:42] | Lenny wanted to write a song about it. | 咆哮起来 小莱还想为此写歌一首 |
[11:45] | – Lenny wanted to write a song? – Yeah. | -小莱还想写首歌? -对啊 |
[11:47] | Thankfully, he never followed through. | 谢天谢地 他并没有说到做到 |
[11:49] | Otherwise, “Bird on the Wire” would’ve been “Jack on a Pepper”? | 不然的话 《电线上的小鸟》会变成 《气泡水里的酒》吧? |
[11:54] | Not as good. | 还没那么好呢 |
[11:56] | – Cheers. | – Cheers. -干杯 -干杯 |
[11:59] | – Mmm. | – Mmm. |
[12:02] | Ah. So, enough about why I can’t remember the ’60s. | 好啦 关于我为什么记不住1960年代 就聊到这吧 |
[12:05] | Yeah? | 好 |
[12:06] | Tell me about, uh, you and Norman. Was he your agent? | 跟我说说你和诺曼吧 他以前是你的经纪人之类的? |
[12:09] | No, no, no. When I first came out to LA, you know, I didn’t know | 不是 我刚到洛杉矶闯荡的时候 |
[12:12] | what I was gonna do, and we ran into one another, | 并不清楚自己要做什么 我俩就这么遇上了 |
[12:15] | and, over the years, we just stayed in touch. | 后来这么多年 我们也没断了联系 |
[12:17] | You know, Norman was your biggest fan. | 知道吗 诺曼是你的头号粉丝 |
[12:22] | Why would I know that? | 我怎么会知道呢? |
[12:25] | Never told you? | 从没告诉过你? |
[12:26] | No. | 没有 |
[12:28] | Huh. | 所以 |
[12:30] | So, Barry, what’s… what’s your movie about? | 巴瑞 |
[12:33] | Well, I’ve been negotiating | 你的电影是关于什么的? |
[12:36] | with the Hemingway estate. | 我一直跟海明威故居那边协商 |
[12:38] | Finally, I got the rights | 终于获得授权重拍《老人与海》 |
[12:41] | to do a remake of The Old Man and the Sea. | -哇 |
[12:43] | – Oh, wow. – Yeah. | -是啊 |
[12:45] | And you want me to play the sea? | 你找我演大海? |
[12:47] | – Norman warned me about you. – Sorry. I’m sorry. | -诺曼可是提醒过我的 -抱歉抱歉 |
[12:51] | But the sea, uh, is a costar. | 不过 大海是联合主演 |
[12:55] | Sort of a living entity. | 一种生命体 |
[12:57] | Uh, h… how do you mean? | 怎么说? |
[12:59] | Well, you know, back in the day when Spencer Tracy did the film, | 你知道 当年斯宾塞屈塞 演的那版《老人与海》 |
[13:03] | you know, the ocean sequences, to be honest with you, looked very fake. | 那些海洋的镜头 说老实话 看起来相当假 |
[13:07] | But with the CGI we have nowadays, | 但现在我们有计算机合成图像技术 |
[13:09] | we can make that very realistic. | 可以让那些效果非常真实 |
[13:11] | So, if you take the marlin sequence, if you take the shark sequence, | 所以 如果这里用上马林鱼特效画面 这里加上鲨鱼的特效画面 |
[13:15] | they can be really terrifying. | 看起来是真的很可怕 |
[13:17] | Ev… even with the shitty effects, I remember loving that movie. | 即便那部电影的特效那么差 但我记得还是爱死了它 |
[13:20] | Me too. Absolutely. | 我也是 绝对的 |
[13:25] | I… I can’t believe I’m negotiating against myself, | 我真不敢相信我还在自我斗争 |
[13:28] | but why don’t you want a big name? | 但是你为什么不想找个名气大的? |
[13:31] | I mean, De Niro, Pacino, Eastwood? | 比如德尼罗 帕西诺 伊斯特伍德? |
[13:33] | – Mmm, too familiar. – Turned you down, huh? | -太熟悉了 |
[13:35] | Mm-hmm. | -拒绝你了? |
[13:37] | But I gotta be honest with you. | 但我还是要跟你说实话 |
[13:40] | I love the idea, no disrespect, | 我非常喜欢选用无名之辈这个想法 |
[13:43] | of going with a complete unknown, | 无意冒犯 |
[13:45] | someone the audience has never seen before. | 用一个观众完全没见过的新面孔 |
[13:48] | Wait, wait. Hold on. I was Hippie Number Two on Mannix. | 不对 等会儿 我在《万能神探》里演过嬉皮士乙啊 |
[13:52] | – Can’t forget that, huh? – Cannot forget that. | -这个忘不了? -那是忘不了 |
[13:56] | So, you’re actually offering me the part? | 所以你真的要让我来演主角? |
[13:59] | No audition? | 不用试镜? |
[14:00] | That’s right. Let me tell you what happened. | 对 我跟你说 是这么着 |
[14:03] | I mentioned this to Norman. | 我跟诺曼提了这事儿 |
[14:05] | Norman immediately sends me a video | 他立刻发给我一个视频 |
[14:07] | of you doing Death of a Salesman at the La Jolla Playhouse. | 是你在拉荷亚荷雅剧院 演《推销员之死》的视频 |
[14:12] | So, I watch it. I go, “Norman is right.” | 我就看了 心想: |
[14:15] | “This guy is terrific!” | “诺曼没说错 这个人太棒了!” |
[14:18] | You’d be perfect for the role. | 你是这个角色的完美人选 |
[14:25] | I… I don’t know what to say. This is… this is just incredible. | 我不知道要说什么 太不可思议了 |
[14:30] | Yes, of… of course. | 好 我当然愿意 |
[14:33] | Barry, thank you. | 巴瑞 谢谢你 |
[14:34] | You’re gonna be great. | 你一定会演得很出色 |
[14:39] | Toast. | 我们举杯 |
[14:44] | To my biggest fan. | 敬我的头号粉丝 |
[14:45] | To your biggest fan. | 敬你的头号粉丝 |
[14:58] | Mmm, the salt? | 盐 |
[15:00] | There’s plenty of salt on that. | 盐放够了的 |
[15:03] | Well, I need more. | 我不够 |
[15:07] | Do I need to explain to you what salt does to your body? | 我要不要说明一下 盐对你身体的影响? |
[15:11] | Yeah, why don’t you? | 好啊 请吧 |
[15:13] | All right. It causes the body to hold on to more water, | 行 盐让你的身体存储更多的水 |
[15:17] | which raises the blood pressure, | 使你血压升高 |
[15:19] | which puts more strain on the kidneys, the heart, arteries, and the brain. | 导致你的肾脏 心脏 血管和大脑负担过重 |
[15:25] | And, for a man of your age, | 以及 |
[15:28] | is the kiss of death. | 对你这把年纪的人来说 就是死亡之吻 |
[15:29] | – That’s pretty scary. – Yes, it is. | -好吓人哟 -是很吓人 |
[15:32] | Now, would you please pass me the salt? | 现在可以把盐递给我了吗? |
[15:39] | Thank you. The kiss of death. | 谢谢 死亡之吻 |
[15:45] | I will not cry at your funeral. | 我不会在你葬礼上哭的 |
[15:47] | But you’re coming, right? | 但是你会来的吧? |
[15:49] | I wouldn’t miss it for the world. | 什么都不能阻止我去啊 |
[15:52] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[15:52] | Make sure you sit in the front row | 一定要坐在第一排 |
[15:55] | so I can see your crusty mug from my casket. | 让我从棺材里看到你扭曲的笑脸啊 |
[15:57] | You asshole. | 混蛋玩意儿 |
[15:59] | Hey, that’s what you called me in our wedding vows. | 我们结婚起誓的时候 你就是这么喊我的 |
[16:01] | Oh, you called me a hot bitch on wheels. | 你还叫我难搞的火辣小婊子呢 |
[16:04] | The look on your mother’s face. | 你妈当时那表情啊 |
[16:08] | – Ah. – I am just loving this. | 我好喜欢这样 |
[16:12] | Loving what? | 喜欢什么? |
[16:14] | Watching the two of you act like an old married couple. | 看着你俩像一对老夫老妻一样相处 |
[16:21] | – Way to ruin the moment. – Yeah, nice going, Mindy. | -气氛彻底毁了 -是啊 真有你的 明迪 |
[16:24] | – We are not old. – Oh. | 我俩哪里老了 |
[16:26] | May I ask, how… how long were you married? | 请问一下 二位婚姻持续了多久? |
[16:29] | Fourteen years. | 14年 |
[16:30] | Yeah, hey, wow. That’s… that’s a long time! | 哇 够长的! |
[16:33] | Not in a row. | 不是连续的 |
[16:34] | No. I threw him out every so often. | 对 我时不时就会把他赶出家门 |
[16:36] | But I kept coming back. | 可我总能回来 |
[16:38] | Yes! Begging and pleading for forgiveness. | 可不是!哭着求着让我原谅 |
[16:42] | Forgiveness for what? | 原谅什么? |
[16:48] | Oh. Uh, never mind, never mind. | 当我没问 |
[16:50] | No, no. That… that’s okay. | 没事 能说 |
[16:52] | – Do you mind? – Nah, go ahead. | -介意吗? -不会 说吧 |
[16:55] | I was not a good husband. | 我不是个好丈夫 |
[17:00] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[17:07] | Hey! I… I… I’m still eating. | 喂 我吃着呢 |
[17:09] | – Eat shit. – Oh! | 吃屎吧你 |
[17:11] | Come on. Shit. | 拜托啊 靠 |
[17:17] | Can I share something with you, just between the two of us? | 我跟你分享个事儿啊 不告诉别人? |
[17:20] | Sure. What’s going on? | 好啊 |
[17:22] | I was just offered a big part in a movie. | 怎么啦? 我刚受邀出演一部电影的主角 |
[17:25] | What… That’s wonderful! | 什… 太棒了吧! |
[17:28] | Why… why would you wanna keep it a secret? | 这干吗要保密? |
[17:30] | Well, it’s still early. | 还早呢嘛 |
[17:31] | You know, don’t tell people you’re pregnant till the second trimester. | 你懂的 怀孕不满三个月都不往外说 |
[17:34] | Okay. Okay, I got you. | 也对 懂了 |
[17:37] | But it does look like it could be the real thing. | 不过看起来应该能拍得成 |
[17:40] | Great director. Decent budget. | 导演很棒 预算不错 |
[17:42] | Nah, thanks. | 不用 谢了 |
[17:43] | So, your dressing room wouldn’t be a gas station bathroom? | 所以 你的更衣室不用借用 加油站洗手间啦? |
[17:48] | You remember that? | 你还记得啊? |
[17:50] | Yeah. No. I might even have my own trailer. | 是啊 不会了 甚至可能给我配部房车呢 |
[17:52] | Good! | 真好! |
[17:54] | I’m happy for you. | 我真为你高兴 |
[17:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:57] | That means a lot, hearing that from you. | 听到你这么说 真的意义重大 |
[18:00] | Well… | 桑迪啊 |
[18:01] | Sandy, I never thought much of you as a human being, | 我一直没怎么把你当人看 |
[18:05] | but I never doubted you as an actor. | 可你作为演员 从未让我有过怀疑 |
[18:09] | Oh, I remember the first time I ever saw you on stage. | 我还记得第一次看你在台上的时候 |
[18:12] | I was absolutely smitten. | 迷得我腿都软啦 |
[18:14] | Shakespeare in the Park? | “公园里的莎士比亚”? |
[18:15] | Othello in blackface. | 涂黑了脸演的《奥赛罗》 |
[18:18] | Oh! | |
[18:19] | I’d like to say it was a more innocent time, | 我是想说 那是个更淳朴的时期 |
[18:22] | but it may have just been more stupid. | 不过也可能是更愚蠢啦 |
[18:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:25] | So, when does this movie start? | 那这电影什么时候开始拍? |
[18:27] | Pretty soon. | 很快 |
[18:28] | Oh, good. Then I’ll get to see it. | 好啊 那我还能看得着 |
[18:30] | Wha… what does that mean? Of course you’re gonna get to see it. | 说的什么话?当然能看得着 |
[18:33] | Yeah. Yeah, of course. | 对 当然 |
[18:36] | I’ll tell you something else. | 我再告诉你件事 |
[18:38] | As excited as I am, I am, uh, scared to death. | 虽然我很激动 我也相当害怕 |
[18:42] | Why? | 为什么? |
[18:44] | Well, there’s a distinct possibility that I might suck. | 我也很有可能演砸了啊 |
[18:48] | Oh, please. | 拉倒吧 |
[18:50] | You know everything there is to know about acting. | 你了解关于表演的一切 |
[18:53] | How many… how many people have you taught who’ve gone on to have great careers? | 你教出了多少 日后成就非凡的演员了? |
[18:58] | Exactly. I’m an acting coach. | 没错 |
[19:00] | Oh. | 我是教演戏的 |
[19:01] | Oh, so you’re worried that you’re gonna prove the old saying, | 所以你是担心会印证了那句老话 |
[19:04] | “Those who can’t do, teach.” | “做不来的就去教” |
[19:06] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:07] | – That you’ll be outed as a fraud. – Yeah. | -会被当成骗子被唾弃 -是的 |
[19:10] | A talentless loser masquerading as a fountain of wisdom. | 一个毫无才华的失败者 伪装自己拥有智慧的源泉 |
[19:15] | All true. Please stop. | 都说对了 |
[19:16] | Please stop. | 请住口 |
[19:17] | Yeah. | 行 |
[19:19] | You know, honey. | 你知道吗 亲爱的 |
[19:21] | You’ve paid your dues. | 你的债已经还清了 |
[19:23] | This is your turn. | 你的机会到了 |
[19:25] | Kinda late for my turn. | 可能对我来说太晚了 |
[19:27] | Well, who says? | 谁说的? |
[19:28] | I don’t know. A voice in my head said it. | 不知道 |
[19:31] | Ah! | 我脑子里有个声音这么说 |
[19:31] | You tell | 下次再听到这个声音 |
[19:33] | that voice, next time you hear it, | 你跟它说 |
[19:35] | that your ex-wife said, “Go fuck yourself.” | 你前妻叫它滚一边去 |
[19:37] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:40] | – Do you mind, we sit a minute? – Yeah. | -我们坐会儿啊? -好 |
[19:44] | – You okay? – Oh yeah. | -你还好吧? -好 |
[19:46] | Yeah, I’m just, uh, still jet-lagged. | 就是还有点倒不过时差来 |
[19:54] | So… | 所以 |
[19:57] | …is this the kind of conversation you would’ve had with Norman? | 如果诺曼还在 你俩也会这么聊吗? |
[20:01] | Probably. Yeah. | 很可能 是的 |
[20:03] | Although he would’ve ridiculed me more. | 不过他会更狠地嘲笑我 |
[20:05] | – Oh, I can do that. – Oh no, there’s no need. | -我也可以啊 -别 大可不必 |
[20:08] | Oh, I know where every one of your buttons are. | 我可是知道你所有的引爆点 |
[20:10] | Yes, you do. | 确实 |
[20:11] | Do you remember when you used to have those panic attacks | 你还记得我们以前去大超市的时候 |
[20:14] | whenever we went to Walmart or… or Costco? | 你是怎么崩溃发疯的吗? |
[20:17] | Yes, I remember. | 记得 |
[20:18] | But what was that? Some kind of agoraphobia? | 不过那叫什么?某种恐惧症之类的? |
[20:20] | I… I… I… I don’t know. I… | 不知道 |
[20:22] | Too many choices! | Too many choices! Get me out of here! 太多选择啦!快让我出去! |
[20:26] | Okay. All right. You know me well. | 好吧 可以了 你真的太了解我 |
[20:29] | Boy. | 天啊 |
[20:31] | You were a mess. | 你真是一团糟 |
[20:38] | Do you remember when I started crying in Circuit City? | 记不记得 |
[20:41] | God! I do. | 我在电路城的店里忍不住大哭? 记得 |
[20:47] | Don’t you… don’t you dare. | 你们敢来 |
[20:52] | All right, you… All right. | 好啊 你们 不行! |
[21:04] | No! | 不行! |
[21:05] | You will not deprive me of my victory! | 你们抢不走属于我的胜利! |
[21:10] | You will not take my fish! | 别想抢走我的鱼! |
[21:15] | Damn you! | 该死的! |
[21:18] | Damn you, devils! | 该死的恶魔! |
[21:20] | This fish is mine! Oh, get back! | 鱼都是我的!滚开! |
[21:24] | Go back down! | 滚回海底去! |
[21:26] | Get back, I tell you! | 我告诉你们 下去! |
[21:33] | What is so funny? | 有什么好笑的? |
[21:38] | Whose fucking phone is that? | 他妈的谁的手机? |
[21:42] | Whose phone is that ringing? | 谁的手机在响? |
[21:44] | Ugh! Aflac. | 保险公司 |
[21:56] | Hello? | 喂? |
[21:57] | Something’s wrong with Mom. | 妈妈出事了 |
[21:59] | What? | 什么? |
[22:00] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[22:02] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[22:03] | She passed out on the bathroom floor! | 她晕倒在浴室里了! |
[22:06] | Oh, Jesus. Is she conscious now? | 天啊 她还清醒吗? |
[22:09] | Barely. Martin’s outside waiting for the ambulance. | 不太清醒 马丁在外面等救护车 |
[22:12] | Okay. All right. I’m leaving now. | 好 知道了 我这就过去 |
[22:15] | I’ll meet you at the hospital, all right? | 我跟你们在医院汇合 好吧? |
[22:20] | Oh, God. | 天啊 (区医院) |
[22:36] | – Can I get you anything? – No. | -要不要喝点什么? -不要 |
[22:38] | Cup of coffee? | 咖啡? |
[22:41] | – Sandy, how about you? – About what? | -桑迪 你要吗? -什么? |
[22:43] | – Would you like a cup of coffee? – Uh, yeah, that’d be nice, thanks. | -要不要来杯咖啡? -好 有最好 谢谢 |
[22:46] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[22:55] | I don’t have any money. | 我没钱 |
[23:01] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[23:06] | Who walks around with no money in their pocket? | 谁出门不带钱啊? |
[23:09] | Not now. | 不是说这个的时候 |
[23:15] | Are you the family of Dr. Volander? | 请问是沃兰德医生的家属吗? |
[23:17] | Uh, yes, I’m her ex-husband. | 对 我是她前夫 |
[23:19] | – Sorry. That doesn’t count. – I’m her daughter. | -抱歉 不算 -我是她女儿 |
[23:21] | Better. | 可以 |
[23:22] | Were you aware that she has leukemia? | 你知道她患有白血病吗? |
[23:28] | No. | 不知道 |
[23:30] | – It’s fairly well-advanced. – Uh, but… but treatable, right? | 已经比较严重了 但可以治疗 对吧? |
[23:34] | Well, that’s a question for a specialist. | 那得问专家 |
[23:37] | All we can do now is give her a transfusion | 我们现在只能给她输血 |
[23:39] | to increase her red blood cell count. | 以增加她的血红细胞数量 |
[23:41] | That’s why she had the syncope. | 这就是她昏厥的原因 |
[23:44] | – Syncope? – Loss of consciousness. | -昏厥? -失去意识 |
[23:50] | You know, your mom’s kind of a hero to me. | 你知道吗 你妈妈算是我的英雄 |
[23:53] | Really? | 是吗? |
[23:54] | When I was in med school, she came to talk to us about Doctors Without Borders. | 我在上医学院时 她来我们学校 介绍了无国界医生组织 |
[23:58] | After my residency, I spent two years with that organization. | 我的住院医学习完成后 就去这个组织待了两年 |
[24:01] | Greatest experience of my life. I’m actually thinking of going back. | 那是我人生中最棒的经历 我现在还打算再去一次 |
[24:05] | That’s wonderful. Thank you for sharing that. | 真是太好了 谢谢你分享这件事 |
[24:08] | Yeah, thank you… thank you very much. Thank you. | 是的 非常感谢 |
[24:12] | How did you let a woman like that get away? | 你怎么会放走这么好的女人? |
[24:16] | Um… | |
[24:18] | – Well, I… – He wasn’t a good husband. | -呃 我… -他不算是个好丈夫 |
[24:20] | We’re close now, though. We’re… we’re buddies. | 不过我们现在感情可好了 我俩是哥们儿 |
[24:25] | She’s a little groggy, but you can go see her. | 她现在还有点昏昏沉沉的 不过可以探视了 |
[24:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:31] | Buddies? | 哥们儿? |
[24:34] | Well, we are. | 就是哥们儿嘛 |
[24:55] | Coffee okay? | 咖啡还行? |
[24:57] | I didn’t… I didn’t know how you take it, so I had to guess. | 我不知道你满不满意 所以得问一句 |
[25:00] | – Oh, it’s fine, thank you. – Okay. | -可以的 谢了 -好 |
[25:02] | Ooh, and I got your change. | 我还找回零钱了 |
[25:05] | – Thank you. – Here you go. | -谢谢 -给 |
[25:08] | I… I… I got a cruller. | 我买了个小煎饼 |
[25:15] | Is it just me, | 是不是只有我觉得 |
[25:16] | or do we spend a disproportionate amount of time in hospitals? | 我们在医院待的有点太久? |
[25:19] | Huh? | |
[25:23] | Just… just saying. | 说说而已 |
[25:28] | Ah, hello, baby. | 你好呀 宝贝 |
[25:29] | Hi, Mom. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[25:39] | He was a bad husband, | 他做人丈夫是差劲了点 |
[25:41] | but he gave good head. | 但是口活儿确实不错 |
[25:57] | All right. | 行吧 |
[26:00] | ♪ Wash away my troubles ♪ | |
[26:02] | ♪ Wash away my pain ♪ | |
[26:04] | ♪ With the rain in Shambala ♪ | |
[26:08] | ♪ Wash away my sorrow ♪ | |
[26:10] | ♪ Wash away my shame ♪ | |
[26:12] | ♪ With the rain in Shambala ♪ | |
[26:15] | ♪ Ah, ooh, yeah ♪ | |
[26:19] | ♪ Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah ♪ | |
[26:23] | ♪ Ah, ooh, yeah ♪ | |
[26:27] | ♪ Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah ♪ | |
[26:30] | ♪ Everyone is helpful ♪ | |
[26:32] | ♪ Everyone is kind ♪ | |
[26:34] | ♪ On the road to Shambala ♪ | |
[26:38] | ♪ Everyone is lucky ♪ | |
[26:40] | ♪ Everyone is so kind ♪ | |
[26:41] | ♪ On the road to Shambala ♪ |