时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | Oh, my God! | 上帝啊 |
[00:25] | Oh, how dreadful! | 太可怕了 |
[00:28] | Poor Clive. | 可怜的克莱夫 |
[00:30] | At least he didn’t suffer. | 还好他没受什么苦 |
[00:32] | Oh, he did. | 受了啊 |
[00:34] | Oh, my. That much? | 真可怜 这么惨 |
[00:38] | Oh, well, I prefer to remember him as I last saw him. | 我宁愿记住最后一次见到他时的样子 |
[00:41] | Being fed apple sauce by a Jamaican woman. | 当时他正被一个牙买加女人喂苹果泥吃 |
[00:45] | Well, it’s a reminder | 这提醒我们 |
[00:46] | that we should spend as much time as possible | 趁自己还有能力 |
[00:48] | with those we hold dear while we’re able. | 要多花些时间陪伴身边珍爱的人 |
[00:52] | Anyway, thank you for calling, Mother. | 就这样 感谢打来 妈妈 |
[00:56] | For a moment, | 曾有一瞬 |
[00:57] | I thought those high-pitched, piercing shrieks | 我以为那一惊一乍的尖叫声 |
[01:00] | were coming from a gaggle of schoolgirls. | 是出自一群女学生之口 |
[01:02] | But now I see it’s just you. | 原来都是你一个人叫的 |
[01:06] | I shan’t be able to return to sleep now, thanks muchly. | 托你的福 我怕是睡不着了 |
[01:09] | Who do you think you are? The Earl of Grantham? | 你以为你是谁 格兰瑟姆伯爵吗 |
[01:12] | You’re from Wigan. | 你老家是威根 |
[01:14] | It’s better than being from Leytonstone. | 那也比雷顿斯通强 |
[01:16] | How dare you? | 说什么呢 |
[01:19] | I’ve been to Oxford. | 我可是去过牛津的人 |
[01:20] | Yes, for lunch. | 去吃午饭而已 |
[01:23] | Who were you squawking at on the phone just now? | 你刚才和谁在那儿唧唧歪歪地打电话呢 |
[01:25] | My mother, if you must know. | 我妈妈 如果你非要问的话 |
[01:28] | Was she calling to tell you when she’d be dying? | 打来通知你她的死期吗 |
[01:31] | She was very distraught. | 她心情很不好 |
[01:34] | Why? Did you finally tell her about us? | 怎么 你终于跟她说咱俩的事了吗 |
[01:39] | I’m waiting for the right time. | 我还在等待时机 |
[01:43] | It’s been 48 years! | 都等了48年了 |
[01:47] | And there has not been a right time! | 那就是时机未到啊 |
[01:50] | Please, don’t pressure me! I’m very emotional already. | 别逼我了行不行 人家已经够沉重的了 |
[01:53] | We’ve had some frightful news. | 噩耗传来 |
[01:56] | Clive is dead. | 克莱夫死了 |
[01:59] | Your mother is always the first to know when someone dies. | 你妈总是第一个知道谁死了 |
[02:02] | Is she getting the news directly from Satan? | 是从撒旦那儿八卦来的吗 |
[02:06] | I would think you’d be a little more upset | 我还以为你会伤心 |
[02:08] | considering your history. | 毕竟你们俩有段情史 |
[02:10] | That was a long time ago. We were all in our early 20s. | 都是老黄历了 当时我们才二十出头 |
[02:13] | What, I was 19. I wasn’t in my 20s. | 我才十九 还没到二十呢 |
[02:16] | People used to think I was your nephew. | 那会儿大家都以为我是你侄子 |
[02:18] | Yes, because you told them you were my nephew. | 那是因为你跟他们说你是我侄子 |
[02:22] | Anyway, I do feel bad about Clive. | 总之 克莱夫走了我很难过 |
[02:24] | I just hope he didn’t suffer. | 希望他没受什么罪 |
[02:26] | Apparently, they had to cut a foot off, | 他一只脚被截肢了 |
[02:28] | so I assume there was some discomfort. | 所以应该还是有些痛苦的 |
[02:31] | I dare say those thick ankles of his put up quite a fight. | 我猜他那肥脚踝肯定殊死抵抗来着 |
[02:38] | Who on earth is that? | 谁这个时候来 |
[02:40] | I have absolutely no idea. | 我毫无头绪 |
[02:42] | – Are you expecting anybody? – No! | -你约了客人吗 -当然没有 |
[02:43] | These aren’t calling hours! | 现在根本不是拜访时间 |
[02:46] | This is outrageous! | 实在太无礼了 |
[02:47] | You just don’t go about ringing people’s doorbells! | 怎么能随便按人家的门铃 |
[02:50] | Let’s just see who it is, | 去看看是谁 |
[02:52] | and then put the whole ugly business behind us. | 这事就先别提了 |
[02:54] | Well, I’m going to give this intruder a real dressing down. | 我要好好教训一下这个愣头青 |
[03:01] | – Hello. – Can we help you with something? | -你好 -需要帮忙吗 |
[03:05] | – Ash. – I didn’t even know that was a name. | -我叫艾什 -我都不知道这是个人名 |
[03:09] | I was here to see about the flat. Is this a bad time? | 我是来看房的 打扰到你们了吗 |
[03:12] | No, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, | 不不 没有 不会 不能够 |
[03:14] | not at all. | 完全没打扰 |
[03:16] | – Great. – Yes, great. | -太好了 -是很好 |
[03:20] | Can I get you some tea? | 你要喝茶吗 |
[03:21] | No, thanks. I’d just really like to see the flat. | 不用了 谢谢 我想先看看房 |
[03:23] | You’ve come to the wrong door, I’m afraid. | 恐怕你走错门了 |
[03:26] | – The flat for rent is one floor up. – Oh, sorry. | -楼上那间才是要出租的 -抱歉 |
[03:29] | Don’t be sorry. I’m Freddie. | 没关系 我是弗雷迪 |
[03:32] | This is Stuart, my friend. | 他是斯图尔特 我朋友 |
[03:34] | Freddie Thornhill. | 弗雷迪·唐希尔 |
[03:37] | You probably recognise me from the television or the stage. | 你可能在电视或舞台上见过我 |
[03:40] | Do you go to the theatre often, Ash? | 你经常去剧院吗 艾什 |
[03:43] | Am I saying that correctly? | 我真的念对了吗 |
[03:46] | Yeah. Ash. | 对的 艾什 |
[03:47] | I don’t get to the theatre much. | 我平常不怎么去剧院 |
[03:49] | Well, of course, you’re a young man, you do young man things. | 那当然了 年轻人做年轻人的事嘛 |
[03:52] | I’m quite certain I’m old enough to be your father. | 我觉得 我这年纪够当你爸爸了 |
[03:54] | Yes, I’m quite certain, too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[03:57] | – My father’s 46. – Ah, and so am I. | -我爸四十六岁 -跟我同岁 |
[04:02] | Do you mind if I use your toilet? | 介意我用下厕所吗 |
[04:03] | Mind? We’d be devastated if you didn’t. | 介意什么啊 你不用我们会伤心死的 |
[04:10] | You are making such a fool of yourself. | 你这是在出洋相 |
[04:13] | Then you should leave. It’s quite clear he hates you. | 那你就走吧 他显然很讨厌你 |
[04:20] | – Do you suppose he’s “family”? – Oh, God. | -你说他是不是弯的 -这个啊 |
[04:24] | It’s so tricky to tell now. | 这可不好说 |
[04:26] | I thought Graham Norton was straight. | 我当时还以为格雷厄姆·诺顿是直男呢 |
[04:32] | Well, my dear Stuart, I will work it out. | 好吧 亲爱的斯图尔特 我会搞清楚的 |
[04:35] | After all, I did spend a year playing the detective in The Mousetrap. | 毕竟我还演过一年《捕鼠器》里的侦探 |
[04:38] | Oh, please! Our postman’s been in The Mousetrap. | 拜托 连邮递员都演过《捕鼠器》 |
[04:44] | This is complete lunacy! | 简直太不象话了 |
[04:47] | It’s like Victoria Station! | 跟维多利亚车站一样 |
[04:49] | – Who’s there?! – It’s Violet, darling. | -谁啊 -是维奥莱特 亲爱的 |
[04:52] | I came as soon as I heard. | 一听到消息我就赶来了 |
[04:55] | – Poor Clive. – Yes, it’s been a great shock | -可怜的克莱夫 -是啊 很震惊 |
[04:58] | – as you can imagine. – We’re absolutely devastated. | -你也懂的 -我们都悲伤至极 |
[05:02] | – Now, I must ask you. – Anything, darling. | -我得问你 -尽管说 亲爱的 |
[05:04] | Is Leytonstone any better than Wigan? | 雷顿斯通比威根好吗 |
[05:07] | – A bit, darling. – Bollocks. | -好一点吧 亲爱的 -胡说 |
[05:10] | I was thinking | 我在想 |
[05:12] | perhaps we should host a small gathering here tomorrow. | 明天要不要在这里办个小聚会 |
[05:16] | – Just our little circle. – That will be lovely. | -就我们这么几个人 -真好 |
[05:20] | I can’t believe he’s gone. | 不敢相信他去世了 |
[05:23] | Dear, sweet Clive. | 可怜的克莱夫啊 |
[05:25] | – Did you hear about the foot? – Yes. Unfortunate. | -听说脚的事了吗 -听说了 太不幸了 |
[05:28] | Oh, damn, I wanted to tell you. | 讨厌 我还想亲口告诉你呢 |
[05:33] | Poor Freddie, you were quite close, back in the day. | 可怜的弗雷迪 你们以前关系很好吧 |
[05:36] | Well, Clive was very much smitten with me, that is true. | 克莱夫可喜欢我了 真的 |
[05:41] | Obsessed, really. | 应该说是着迷 |
[05:43] | I was young, handsome, famous. | 我年轻 英俊又出名 |
[05:45] | You were barely one of those things. | 净说些你没有的 |
[05:48] | I’m just going to use the loo before I go out. | 走之前我想用下卫生间 |
[05:51] | There has to be somebody who hasn’t heard about that foot. | 肯定有人没听说过脚的事 |
[05:54] | – Oh! But wait… He’s still in there! – Who’s still in there? | -等下 他还在里面呢 -谁还在里面 |
[05:57] | The young man who came to see about the flat upstairs. | 来看楼上公寓的年轻人 |
[06:00] | He’s been ages. | 他进去好久了 |
[06:01] | Go and see what’s going on. | 快去看看怎么回事 |
[06:02] | No, no, I don’t want to disturb him. | 不 我不想打扰他 |
[06:04] | It’s very rude to disturb attractive people. | 打扰有魅力的人是很无礼的 |
[06:08] | Well, we can’t leave him in there all day. | 我们不能让他整天都待在里面吧 |
[06:10] | You let a complete stranger use your loo? | 你让一个彻头彻尾的陌生人用你的厕所 |
[06:13] | What if he comes out and rapes me? | 他出来把我上了怎么办 |
[06:17] | Let’s cross that bridge when we come to it, shall we? | 等真的发生了再说吧 好吗 |
[06:22] | Everything all right in there, Ash? | 里面还好吗 艾什 |
[06:27] | Well, we tried. | 好了 我们问过了 |
[06:28] | – So that’s it, then? – I don’t see what else we can do. | -就这样吗 -我们还能做什么 |
[06:31] | – Try calling him again. – No, you try. | -再叫他试试 -不 你去 |
[06:33] | Oh, somebody do something. I’m so frightened I’m going to be raped. | 你们快做点什么吧 我好怕被强奸 |
[06:37] | Oh, for God’s sake, Violet, nobody wants to rape you. | 老天啊 维奥莱特 没人想强奸你 |
[06:42] | What an awful thing to say. | 嘴可真毒 |
[06:46] | – Thanks very much. – Of course. | -非常感谢 -不客气 |
[06:48] | Everything.. all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[06:50] | Yeah, sorry. Had to make a call. | 是的 抱歉 我刚打了个电话 |
[06:52] | Ah. A call to your…? | 打给你的… |
[06:54] | – Mate. – I see. | -伙伴[伴侣] -我懂了 |
[06:57] | – A close mate? – I guess. | -很亲近的那种 -算是吧 |
[06:59] | I see. And is this your special mate? | 懂了 是那种特别的”伙伴”吗 |
[07:04] | Er, dunno. | 我也不知道 |
[07:06] | I should probably go and see that flat now. | 我得去看房了 |
[07:08] | Has anybody ever said you remind them of Zac Efron? | 有没有人说你长得像扎克·埃夫隆 |
[07:13] | That’s a person, right? | 这是个人名吧 |
[07:16] | Or is it a place? | 还是个地名 |
[07:18] | This is our friend Violet, Ash. | 这是我们的朋友维奥莱特 艾什 |
[07:20] | Yes, she’s our friend | 她是我们的朋友 |
[07:21] | and Stuart here is my “friend”. | 这位斯图尔特是我的”朋友” |
[07:26] | OK. | 好吧 |
[07:27] | Haven’t I seen you in my yoga class? | 我是不是在瑜伽课上见过你 |
[07:29] | I go to yoga. I’m great fun. | 我也练瑜伽 我可潮了 |
[07:33] | I don’t think so. | 我们应该没见过 |
[07:34] | Well, I’m certain I know you. | 我很确定我认识你 |
[07:37] | Have you ever been to Zac Efron? | 你去过扎克·埃夫隆吗 |
[07:41] | I’m covered either way now. | 这样就保险了 |
[07:44] | I should probably go. It was nice meeting you all. | 我该走了 很高兴认识你们 |
[07:47] | And good luck with the flat. | 祝你看房愉快 |
[07:48] | I do hope we become neighbours. | 希望我们能成为邻居 |
[07:50] | And you can bring round here anybody you like. | 而且不管是谁 只要你中意就往这带 |
[07:54] | Boys, girls, whichever you prefer. | 男孩子 女孩子 喜欢哪种带哪种 |
[07:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:59] | Nicely done, Miss Marple! | 好一招 马普尔小姐 |
[08:05] | I only hope his flesh didn’t rot off where you touched him. | 我只希望他被你碰到的地方不会烂掉 |
[08:09] | I’m surprised you could see it | 你居然还能看见啊 |
[08:11] | through the milky film that coats your cataracts. | 眼睛都白内障加三层了 |
[08:19] | I’m going to make another pot of tea. | 我再去泡壶茶 |
[08:23] | I never know when I’m going too far, | 我从来不知道何时会玩得太过火 |
[08:25] | but I’m always so glad when I do. | 但每次过火我都很开心 |
[08:32] | Your mother looked well | 就一个没有心跳的人来说 |
[08:34] | for someone who doesn’t have a heartbeat. | 你妈妈看上去非常不错 |
[08:37] | She always rallies for a funeral. | 她总是热衷于参加葬礼 |
[08:41] | Do you know, Freddie, as grotesque a thought as it is, | 知道吗 弗雷迪 尽管这样的想法很奇怪 |
[08:45] | you might have been the love of Clive’s life. | 但你可能是克莱夫一生的至爱 |
[08:48] | I do believe I was. | 那是当然了 |
[08:50] | It’s sad that it took the passing of a dear friend | 我得靠一个挚友的死 |
[08:53] | to make me realise how special I am. | 来意识到自己有多么特别 真是伤感 |
[08:57] | Are you wearing mascara? | 你是不是涂了睫毛膏 |
[08:59] | No. | 哪能 |
[09:02] | Well, I must prepare for our guests. | 我必须为客人的到来做准备了 |
[09:04] | I want everything to be perfect. | 一切必须尽善尽美 |
[09:06] | I bought two sandwiches that I can cut up into sixteenths. | 买来的两块三明治能分成十六块 |
[09:11] | That should do it. | 这下应该够了 |
[09:13] | Oh, that is it! | 真是够了 |
[09:15] | We are disconnecting this bell! | 我们必须把这门铃给拆了 |
[09:18] | Oh, hello. | 你好啊 |
[09:19] | It’s Ash! | 艾什来了 |
[09:22] | You’ll tell me if I’m ever pronouncing that wrong. | 我要是念错了 你可一定要告诉我 |
[09:24] | – I hope I’m not bothering you. – Bothering us? | -希望我没打搅到你们 -才不算打搅 |
[09:27] | We should give you a key. | 给你把钥匙都不为过 |
[09:30] | I was just stopping by to let you know I got the upstairs flat. | 我过来告诉你们一声 我要搬到楼上了 |
[09:33] | Oh, goody! | 太棒了 |
[09:35] | – In fact, I’m moving in today. – Oh, marvelous. | -事实上 我今天就搬进来 -太好了 |
[09:38] | Stuart, my friend, will be so pleased. | 斯图尔特会很高兴的 |
[09:40] | You remember him? Shrunken, old gnome? | 还记得他吗 那个萎靡不振的老矮个 |
[09:44] | Great. I love spending time with OAPs. | 太好了 我喜欢和老人家在一起 |
[09:52] | No, I’m not one. He is. Not me. | 不 我不是 他是 我不是 |
[09:55] | Sometimes I pretend to be, | 我有时会装成那样 |
[09:57] | in order to get concessions at the cinema, | 好在去影院的时候有优待 |
[09:59] | but they don’t usually believe me. | 但他们一般不会相信我 |
[10:02] | Would you excuse me just for a moment? | 我有点事 失陪一下 |
[10:04] | And do not look at my awards | 请不要在我去其他房间时 |
[10:05] | while I’m in the other room. | 偷看我获得的奖项 |
[10:06] | I’d be very embarrassed. | 我会很尴尬的 |
[10:08] | They’re over there. | 它们就在那边 |
[10:17] | – We’re both very excited. – Freddie tells me the good news. | -我们都很激动 -弗雷迪告诉我好消息了 |
[10:20] | – Will you close those curtains! – The light! The light! | -快把窗帘合上 -日光 日光 |
[10:28] | Freddie tells me the good news! | 弗雷迪告诉我好消息了 |
[10:31] | – You must join us for tea. – Thanks. | -你一定要来喝些茶 -谢谢 |
[10:33] | So, you never use the huge window? | 这么说 你们从来不用那边的大窗 |
[10:36] | – No. – We also don’t go around | -不 -我们也不会在别人的公寓里 |
[10:38] | pulling cords in other people’s flats. | 乱拉不该拉的绳子 |
[10:42] | Go on. We’re done with you for now. | 走吧 我们没什么好跟你说的了 |
[10:54] | Clive was smitten with me that entire summer. | 克莱夫那一整个夏天都迷恋着我 |
[10:59] | We had magical weather, it only rained 60 days. | 天气相当好 只有六十天有雨 |
[11:04] | I was on tour with erm… Shakespeare, I believe. | 我当时正在莎翁戏剧的巡演中 |
[11:08] | That’s right, the two of you were old school chums. | 没错 你们俩还是校友呢 |
[11:11] | You must forgive Stuart. He was never loved as a child. | 请原谅斯图尔特 他从小就缺爱 |
[11:15] | Or as an adult. | 成人后也缺爱 |
[11:18] | Egg and cress sandwich, Mason? | 来点鸡蛋西芹三明治吗 梅森 |
[11:20] | Is that what that is? | 原来那是三明治啊 |
[11:22] | I thought it was a crumb surrounded by a toothpick. | 我以为只是被牙签包围的面包屑呢 |
[11:27] | Perhaps you’d like some of what you brought? | 要不来点你带的食物 好吗 |
[11:29] | I could always cut you a slice of nothing. | 给你切块空气吃吧 |
[11:36] | Penelope? | 佩内洛普 |
[11:39] | – Penelope? – One more time, darling. | -佩内洛普 -再叫一次 亲爱的 |
[11:42] | – Penelope?! – Oh, I’m sorry. I was sleeping. | -佩内洛普 -不好意思 我睡着了 |
[11:46] | Sleeping? Your eyes were wide open. | 睡着了 你眼睛还睁着呢 |
[11:50] | That’s troubling. | 这可挺让人担心 |
[11:53] | Oh, I’m going to miss Clive. | 我会想念克莱夫的 |
[11:56] | I do believe you broke his heart, Freddie. | 我觉得你伤了他的心 弗雷迪 |
[11:58] | Thank you. | 多谢恭维 |
[12:01] | I still have some of the old letters that Clive wrote to me. | 我还留着几封克莱夫写给我的信 |
[12:04] | Oh, I have some of my old letters that were written to me… | 我也有一些往日旧信… |
[12:06] | We’re not talking about your life now! | 我们没在讨论你的生活 |
[12:09] | I always thought Clive was so dashing. | 我一直都觉得克莱夫可时髦了 |
[12:13] | Every young man wanted to be seen on the arm of Clive St. Claire, | 每个小伙都想被克莱夫·圣·克莱拥入怀中 |
[12:18] | the most eligible bachelor in London. | 他是伦敦最引人注目的单身汉 |
[12:21] | I seem to remember a wife. | 我怎么记得他好像有过老婆 |
[12:22] | Wasn’t there a wife at some point? | 他娶过老婆吗 |
[12:24] | Oh, that was ages ago, | 那已经是陈年往事了 |
[12:27] | and it was only for 19 years. | 而且他们只在一起过了十九年 |
[12:30] | No, Clive was a true man’s man. | 克莱夫绝对是喜欢男人的 |
[12:34] | Independent, free as a bird. | 独立 自由的浪子一枚 |
[12:36] | And children. Weren’t there children? | 还有小孩 他不是还有小孩吗 |
[12:40] | Yes, six. | 是的 有六个 |
[12:43] | Are you through interrupting or shall I hand you a microphone? | 你说完了没 要不要给你来支话筒 |
[12:47] | Oh, what’s happening? What is that? | 什么 怎么回事 |
[12:50] | That must be our new neighbour. | 肯定是我们的新邻居来了 |
[12:53] | The boy from the toilet? | 厕所里的那个小伙吗 |
[12:56] | The one who was flirting with me shamelessly? | 恬不知耻地调戏我的那位吗 |
[12:59] | No, this is a person who exists. | 不 是位现实生活中的人 |
[13:03] | Did you find out if he’s…? | 你知道他是不是… |
[13:05] | No, he’s being very cagey. | 还没 他藏得太深了 |
[13:08] | I hope you like cakes. | 希望你们喜欢吃蛋糕 |
[13:09] | Oh, look, somebody brought something. | 瞧瞧 人家就知道带礼物来 |
[13:13] | You must meet our friends. | 来见见我们的朋友们吧 |
[13:14] | This is Penelope and that is Mason. | 这是佩内洛普 那是梅森 |
[13:17] | And you remember our friend Violet. | 你上次见过维奥莱特了 |
[13:20] | From Zac Efron, remember? | 我从扎克·埃夫隆来的 记得吗 |
[13:24] | You’re all dressed in black. Is… is everything all right? | 你们都穿一身黑 出什么事了吗 |
[13:27] | Oh, didn’t we tell you? This is more of a tea/wake. | 我们没告诉你吗 我们在开茶话纪念会 |
[13:32] | Oh, I’m sorry. Who died? | 很遗憾 谁去世了呢 |
[13:34] | A good friend of mine. He was very dear to all of us. | 我的一位好朋友 他对我们都很重要 |
[13:38] | Can I get anybody another sandwich? | 还有谁想要三明治吗 |
[13:40] | Yes, I’d like ten more, please. | 请你给我上十个 |
[13:42] | I’m hoping to smush them all together to create a bite. | 捏成一团之后 说不定算得上一口 |
[13:48] | Were you good friends? | 你们关系很好吗 |
[13:49] | We were, a long time ago. | 是的 老朋友了 |
[13:53] | Do you know, why don’t I read out one of Clive’s old letters? | 这样吧 我来读一封克莱夫的旧信 |
[13:57] | – Wouldn’t that be lovely? – Not unless you read it in another room. | -好不好 -你在另一个房间读最好 |
[14:01] | Ash, would you prefer to sit on my lap? | 艾什 想坐我腿上吗 |
[14:06] | I have very strong bones. | 我的骨骼精奇不怕压 |
[14:09] | Ah, here’s one that hasn’t been opened. | 这封信还没打开过 |
[14:16] | “My one and only… | 致我特别而又唯一的你 |
[14:19] | I can’t imagine my life without you. | 我不敢想象没有你的生活 |
[14:22] | What a kind, generous man you are. | 你是多么善良大方的人 |
[14:24] | If I only knew you felt the same, | 只要你跟我心思相应 |
[14:26] | I would leave everything behind to start anew with you. | 我会抛下一切和你开展新生 |
[14:31] | Just say yes. | 请答应我吧 |
[14:34] | Always, Clive.” | 永远爱你的 克莱夫 |
[14:36] | – He really loved you. – No, he didn’t. | -他真的很爱你 -才没有 |
[14:38] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[14:39] | And you have lipstick all over your teeth. | 你还把口红抹得满牙都是 |
[14:42] | Look at the envelope. | 你看信封 |
[14:43] | – It’s addressed to Stuart! – Stuart?! | -收信人是斯图尔特 -斯图尔特 |
[14:50] | My God! | 我的神啊 |
[14:53] | Oh, I dozed off again. | 我又睡着了 |
[14:56] | What did I miss? | 我错过什么好事了 |
[14:58] | That is preposterous! | 太荒谬了 |
[15:00] | Why would Clive have been interested in Stuart? | 克莱夫怎么会对斯图尔特有兴趣呢 |
[15:03] | He says it right here! | 都写在这儿了 |
[15:04] | Because I was kind and generous and handsome! | 因为我善良 大方又英俊 |
[15:07] | It says kind and generous. | 上面只写了”善良大方” |
[15:09] | You added handsome! | “英俊”是你加上去的 |
[15:11] | But I don’t understand. I never even received this letter. | 我不明白 我从来没收到这封信 |
[15:14] | It must have got mixed in with all my fan mail. | 肯定是跟我的影迷来信混在一起了 |
[15:17] | You have one fan. | 你只有一个影迷 |
[15:20] | Who writes a lot of letters! | 他写了好多封信 |
[15:23] | Well, it doesn’t matter now anyway. | 反正现在也无所谓了 |
[15:25] | That was 50 years ago. | 都是五十年前的事了 |
[15:26] | Don’t you understand? | 你还不明白吗 |
[15:27] | I could have had a completely different life | 如果我当年看到了这封信 |
[15:29] | if I’d seen the letter. | 可能会过上与现在完全不同的生活 |
[15:31] | Not this hell I’ve been trapped in! | 而不是困在这座地狱中 |
[15:33] | You’ve been in hell? | 你觉得这是地狱般的生活吗 |
[15:35] | I’ve provided you with everything you could ever want since the moment we met. | 从我们认识起 我就给了你梦寐以求的一切 |
[15:38] | You were pulling pints in a pub! | 你当年不过是个倒酒小弟 |
[15:40] | I was the manager! | 我是酒吧经理 |
[15:43] | And I was going to be a model. | 还打算做个模特 |
[15:44] | You were never going to be a model! | 你不可能当上模特的 |
[15:47] | No. Not with you sucking the life out of me! | 是不可能 都是因为你消耗了我的人生 |
[15:50] | I aged five years just sharing a taxi with you that night! | 光是那晚与你合搭出租车 我就老了五岁 |
[15:55] | Is that why you look a thousand? | 怪不得看上去有一千多岁的样子 |
[15:57] | You’re practically melting onto the rug! | 你都快化到地毯上了 |
[16:00] | Should I go? | 我是不是该走了 |
[16:02] | – Why? Don’t be ridiculous. – Of course not. | -走什么 开什么玩笑 -别走 |
[16:04] | It’s all right, darling. Sit. | 没事 亲爱的 坐吧 |
[16:12] | Your hand is really high up on my thigh. | 你的手快伸到我大腿根部了 |
[16:16] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[16:18] | Well, I don’t see what the problem is. | 真不知道你们为什么要吵 |
[16:20] | It’s not as if Clive was any great prize. | 克莱夫也不见得有多好 |
[16:23] | He had children, he was married. | 他结婚了 还有孩子 |
[16:25] | Wasn’t there a second wife, too? | 好像还二婚了吧 |
[16:29] | Ash, why don’t you pour yourself a cup of tea | 艾什 给自己倒杯茶 |
[16:31] | – instead of sitting there like a statue. – I’m sorry. | -别像尊雕像似的坐着 -不好意思 |
[16:34] | I’m not quite sure how to behave. | 我有点手足无措 |
[16:36] | Have you never been a guest before? | 你从来没去别人家做过客吗 |
[16:39] | You must engage in the conversation. | 要参与到对话中来 |
[16:42] | Maybe he’s shy. | 也许他是害羞了 |
[16:44] | Are you shy, darling, is that it? | 你害羞了吗 亲爱的 是不是这样 |
[16:48] | Because you are behaving oddly. | 因为你表现得不大自然 |
[16:52] | – It’s empty. – There’s a fresh pot in the kitchen, I’ll get it. | -没茶了 -厨房里还有一壶 我去拿 |
[16:55] | No, I’ll get it. | 还是我去吧 |
[16:58] | Is it something we’re doing? | 是不是咱们把他吓着了 |
[17:01] | – Is it us? – No, it’s definitely him. | -是我们吗 -绝对是他自己的问题 |
[17:04] | They have no manners nowadays. | 现在的年轻人一点规矩都不懂 |
[17:05] | Exactly. Interact. Ask questions. | 就是 要跟人互动 提问题 |
[17:09] | Well, Chinese people are very quiet. | 中国人确实挺内向的 |
[17:14] | He’s not Chinese! | 他又不是中国人 |
[17:17] | I don’t mean to alarm you, | 没有吓唬二位的意思 |
[17:18] | but I think there’s something wrong with your dog. | 但是你们的狗好像不大好 |
[17:20] | – Balthazar? – Why? What’s he doing? | -巴尔萨泽吗 -它怎么了 |
[17:21] | He’s just lying there. I think he’s unconscious. | 它躺在地上 好像是昏过去了 |
[17:23] | Oh, no, he’s only sleeping. | 没事 它只是睡着了 |
[17:25] | I stepped on him and he didn’t move. | 被我踩到之后还是一动不动 |
[17:28] | He’s 20, you see. | 它都二十岁了 |
[17:30] | And yet still younger than the biscuits. | 可惜年纪还是不如这饼干大 |
[17:35] | I didn’t think dogs lived that long. | 狗活不了那么长吧 |
[17:37] | He’s more of a doorstopper at this point. | 现在主要用它来抵门了 |
[17:41] | You see, you would never have had Balthazar | 如果你当时跟了克莱夫 而不是弗雷迪的话 |
[17:44] | had you been with Clive instead of Freddie. | 就养不了巴尔萨泽了 |
[17:47] | Or… any of the others. | 也养不了其余那几条狗 |
[17:53] | That’s a lot of dogs. | 你们养过好多狗啊 |
[17:54] | We went through several very quickly. | 有一段时间换得很频 |
[17:57] | This used to be a bus route. | 这里原来是公交路线 |
[18:00] | You see, I just wish I could’ve had the chance to have known | 我只是希望自己能有机会去 |
[18:04] | what that life could have been. | 体验一下那种人生 |
[18:05] | Do you really think you would have had a better life without me? | 你真的以为没有我会过得更好吗 |
[18:09] | Yes! I could have been happy and successful, | 是的 我本可以生活幸福 事业有成 |
[18:11] | instead of being stuck with you in this penitentiary. | 而不是和你一起困在这所牢狱内 |
[18:14] | What about me? Do you think I’ve been happy? | 那我呢 你觉得我幸福吗 |
[18:16] | With you simpering around this flat, | 看你整天在家里傻笑 |
[18:18] | pouring your blandness onto every surface. | 到处充斥着你的平淡无味 |
[18:21] | I don’t know what would be preferable at this point, | 我真不知自己更喜欢哪种情况 |
[18:24] | if you woke up dead or I did! | 是你先死还是我先死 |
[18:26] | I know which I’d prefer! | 反正我知道 |
[18:29] | Let me tell you what would’ve happened to you, Stuart. | 我告诉你 斯图尔特 要是没我 |
[18:31] | You would’ve ended up the same worthless prat you are today! | 你一样会是个一无是处的蠢货 |
[18:34] | Your accent just came out! | 你的口音出来了 |
[18:36] | Hey! His accent just came out! You all heard it! | 大家都听到了吧 他口音出来了 |
[18:40] | No, it most certainly didn’t… | 不会 肯定没有… |
[18:42] | And at least I’m not from Leytonstone! | 至少我不是雷顿斯通来的土包子 |
[18:45] | – Wigan’s worse! – I’m from Wigan! | -威根才差呢 -我也是威根的 |
[18:48] | This isn’t the time to contribute, darling. | 亲爱的 这种时候别插话 |
[18:51] | What exactly have you done with your life? | 你倒是做了什么了不起的事 |
[18:53] | Bit parts in rep and one episode of Dr Who? | 话剧团跑龙套 还演了一集《神秘博士》 |
[18:56] | What an illustrious career to look back on! | 多么辉煌的星路历程啊 |
[18:59] | At least I’ve had a career. And I’m still at it. | 至少我过去和现在都有自己的事业 |
[19:01] | I’m still working! You’ve had nothing. | 我有工作 而你一无所有 |
[19:03] | You’ve done nothing! | 一无所成 |
[19:08] | I think I hear the dog. | 我好像听到狗有动静了 |
[19:14] | Is this over yet then, Freddie? | 弗雷迪 这页算翻过去了吗 |
[19:17] | No. It is not. | 不 还没完 |
[19:19] | Clive would have loved this. | 要是克莱夫在这里该多好 |
[19:22] | I think. I’m not sure, really. | 是的吧 我也不确定了 |
[19:26] | What actually is this? | 来这里是要干什么来着 |
[19:28] | I also killed a prostitute on Coronation Street. | 我还在《加冕街》里杀过一个妓女 |
[19:35] | – Among others. – Other prostitutes? | -还有很多呢 -很多妓女吗 |
[19:38] | Other shows. You’re becoming very annoying. | 是很多演出 你怎么这么烦人 |
[19:42] | Is he going to be all right? | 他不会有事吧 |
[19:43] | Stuart? Of course. | 斯图尔特吗 没事的 |
[19:45] | Well, you know what it can be like with certain “friends”. | 某些”朋友”是会这样 你懂的 |
[19:47] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[19:48] | Do you have a very close friend, Ash? | 那你有特别的密友吗 艾什 |
[19:51] | – Not now, no. – I see. | -现在还没有 -我懂 |
[19:53] | But in the past, you have been in a relationship | 也就是说 你曾有过一段感情 |
[19:56] | with another…person? | 对方是个…人 |
[19:58] | I have. But I’ve never been in love. | 是啊 但我还没真正爱过 |
[20:01] | Ah. You’re young. You’ll meet that special someone. | 你还年轻 会遇上那个特别的人的 |
[20:05] | I suppose. | 但愿如此 |
[20:06] | I should really go. | 我得走了 |
[20:08] | – Please tell Stuart I said thank you. – Of course. | -请向斯图尔特转达我的感谢 -好的 |
[20:11] | And I hope you’ve had fun. | 希望你今天玩得开心 |
[20:14] | And maybe learned a little bit about social graces as well. | 是不是也学到了一点社交礼仪 |
[20:19] | Has he been here this whole time? | 这小伙子一直在这里吗 |
[20:22] | Oh, and by the way… I’m straight. | 顺便说一句…我是直的 |
[20:31] | Well, that came out of nowhere. | 干吗突然提这事 |
[20:39] | You’re up late. | 这么晚还不睡 |
[20:46] | I was just going to pour myself a drink. | 我只是来倒杯酒喝喝 |
[20:49] | Care for one? | 要来一杯吗 |
[20:53] | Fine, don’t answer. I prefered it. | 行 别作声 我巴不得呢 |
[20:56] | You behaved abominably today! | 你今天太可恨了 |
[20:59] | She speaks! | 太后发话了 |
[21:04] | Don’t let’s do this now. I’m so tired. | 别这样 我太累了 |
[21:07] | Entertaining is exhausting. | 讨好人是个辛苦的活 |
[21:08] | I suppose I’m not tired because I do nothing. | 我不累 反正我无所事事 |
[21:11] | I did nothing. | 我一无所成 |
[21:13] | I am nothing. | 我什么都不是 |
[21:15] | You’re still going on about that? | 你打算揪着不放了 |
[21:16] | Will you forget about it, please? | 忘了那些话 好不好 |
[21:19] | I can never forget it. | 一辈子都忘不了 |
[21:20] | You said some very hurtful things which you can never take back. | 你休想轻易抹掉那些伤人的话 |
[21:25] | I don’t see how we can ever get over this. | 我觉得我们跨不过这个坎了 |
[21:28] | – Stuart, I’m sorry. – Oh, that’s all right. | -斯图尔特 对不起 -没关系的 |
[21:37] | Oh, what on earth?! | 谁啊 半夜三更的 |
[21:39] | Is that someone calling? This lunacy! | 这个点打电话 太不象话 |
[21:42] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:44] | Oh, hello, Mother. | 妈妈 是你啊 |
[21:47] | Yes, I’m still awake. | 是 我还没睡 |
[21:50] | I’m here with my…flatmate. | 我跟我的…室友聊天呢 |
[21:53] | Oh, for Christ’s sake, Stuart. | 省省吧 斯图尔特 |
[21:54] | He says, “Hello, Mrs Bixby.” | 他说”比克斯比夫人好” |
[21:59] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[22:01] | Oh, how dreadful! | 太可怕了 |
[22:05] | When? | 什么时候 |
[22:07] | Poor Oliver! | 可怜的奥利弗 |
[22:10] | – Another one. – Shit! | -又去了一个 -该死 |