时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | I thought your story was beautiful. | 我觉得你的故事很美 |
[00:19] | Like I’m hearing your most private, most intimate thoughts. | 我好像在聆听你最深处 最私人的想法 |
[00:25] | This wonderful hidden life you have access to. | 你的那种隐藏的美好人生 |
[00:31] | I’m completely jealous. | 我真的很嫉妒 |
[00:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[00:39] | For reading it. | 看了 |
[00:44] | – What will you do with it? – Don’t know. | -你打算怎么处理 -不知道 |
[00:50] | You should submit it. | 你应该发过去 |
[00:52] | To the magazine. | 给杂志 |
[00:55] | – They liked the last one. – I don’t know. | -上一篇他们就很喜欢 -我不知道 |
[00:58] | Don’t know if it’s good enough. | 不知道够不够好 |
[01:01] | Nah, you’re just fishing now. | 不 你只是在引我夸你 |
[01:03] | It’s brilliant. | 很棒 |
[01:21] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[01:25] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[01:28] | *Happy birthday, dear Marianne* | *生日快乐 亲爱的玛丽安* |
[01:32] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[01:41] | Make a wish. | 许个愿 |
[01:45] | This looks so yummy. Can’t believe you made this. | 看起来很美味 真不敢相信是你做的 |
[01:48] | It’s perfect essay distraction. | 完美的论文摸鱼项目 |
[01:51] | It’s very sweet. Totally unnecessary. | 你真是太好了 没必要这样的 |
[01:53] | Shush your face, you have to have a cake! | 少来了 必须要有蛋糕 |
[01:55] | Did you get good presents, Marianne? | 你收到了不少礼物吗 玛丽安 |
[01:57] | Lovely presents, thank you, Niall. | 很不错的礼物 谢谢 奈尔 |
[01:58] | And what did you get her, Connell? | 你给她准备了什么 康纳尔 |
[02:01] | A book. | 一本书 |
[02:02] | Some Frank O’Hara poems. | 弗兰克·奥哈拉的诗集 |
[02:06] | – Anyway… – I love it. | -好了… -我很喜欢 |
[02:10] | And what about your family, | 你的家人呢 |
[02:11] | Did they get you anything nice? A sports car or a pony? | 他们有没有给你什么好东西 跑车或小马什么的 |
[02:14] | What are you implying? | 你在暗示什么 |
[02:16] | Well, I’m just going off my own birthday list? | 我只是在翻我自己的生日礼物愿望清单 |
[02:18] | They don’t really go in for birthdays. | 他们不怎么会过生日 |
[02:20] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[02:23] | This cake’s fucking delicious. | 这蛋糕真他妈太美味了 |
[02:40] | Birthday message. | 生日短信 |
[02:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:44] | My mother. | 我妈妈 |
[02:54] | Not exactly happy birthday. | 不是生日快乐 |
[02:57] | What does it say? | 说了什么 |
[03:00] | “Send me back the keys to the Dublin flat as soon as possible”. | “尽快把都柏林公寓的钥匙寄给我” |
[03:03] | So… | 那… |
[03:18] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:21] | It’s ok. | 没关系 |
[03:23] | I’m ok. | 我没事 |
[04:10] | Did you like that? | 你喜欢吗 |
[04:13] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[04:16] | Very much. | 很喜欢 |
[04:19] | Good. | 很好 |
[05:05] | ..what could be described as bureaucratic inertia. | 可以说是官僚主义的惰性 |
[05:16] | What do you fancy doing tonight? | 你今晚要做什么 |
[05:18] | Watch a film. | 看电影 |
[05:19] | Sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[05:20] | Well, I might go for a swim. Another one. | 我可能要去游泳 再去游一次 |
[05:23] | But I could pick up some food and come to you after? | 但我可以去买点吃的 迟点再来找你 |
[05:25] | Great. | 太好了 |
[05:28] | Did we get married and become 50 years old without noticing? | 我们是一不小心就结婚了 而且50岁了吗 |
[05:31] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[05:33] | I actually love it. | 我其实还挺喜欢的 |
[05:36] | Do you think our first-year selves would hate what we’ve become? | 你觉得大一的我们会讨厌我们现在的样子吗 |
[05:39] | I should’ve known, to be fair. | 说实话 我早就知道了 |
[05:40] | I think first-year me would’ve been amazed. | 我觉得大一的我可能会很惊讶 |
[05:44] | Look at her, she’s actually content. | 看啊 她竟然很满足 |
[05:55] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[05:57] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[05:58] | Just got this e-mail. | 刚收到这封邮件 |
[06:00] | From who? | 谁发来的 |
[06:06] | Connell, from who? | 康纳尔 谁发来的 |
[06:07] | It’s… | 这是… |
[06:10] | It’s from this university in New York. | 是纽约的一所大学 |
[06:14] | They’re offering me a place on | 他们邀请我去念 |
[06:15] | their MFA creative writing programme. | 他们的创意写作硕士 |
[06:21] | I didn’t even know you’d applied. | 我都不知道你申请了 |
[06:24] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[06:25] | ..congratulations, I’m not surprised they’ve offered you a place. | 恭喜你 我不是对他们邀请你而惊讶 |
[06:29] | I’m just a bit…surprised you didn’t mention it. | 我只是有点…惊讶你没提过 |
[06:32] | Why would…? Such a long shot. | 为什么…本来机会就很渺茫 |
[06:39] | I was embarrassed. | 我不好意思 |
[06:42] | To be honest, I… | 说实话 我… |
[06:44] | ..I still look up to you a lot and I… | 我还是觉得你比我优秀太多 我… |
[06:48] | ..I wouldn’t want you to see me as, | 我不希望你觉得我 |
[06:49] | like, I don’t know, deluded or… | 我也不知道 痴心妄想 或… |
[06:51] | Connell. | 康纳尔 |
[06:53] | I don’t even know why I applied. I wasn’t even my idea. | 我都不知道我为什么申请 都不是我的主意 |
[06:56] | Whose idea was it? | 那是谁的主意 |
[06:57] | One of my tutors. | 我的一个导师 |
[07:02] | It’s really brilliant, Connell. | 这真的很棒 康纳尔 |
[07:04] | You can see me in New York, can you? | 你可以去纽约找我的 对吗 |
[07:08] | Yeah, actually. | 嗯 是的 |
[07:11] | – I can. – I can’t even… | -我可以 -我甚至不能… |
[07:15] | It’s making me feel… | 这让我觉得… |
[07:21] | Now is not the time for me to go halfway across the world | 我现在不该跨过半个世界 |
[07:24] | and live in a city where I don’t know anyone. | 去住在一个举目无亲的城市 |
[07:28] | Like…I could barely walk down a street in Dublin | 听着…我几个月前走在都柏林街头 |
[07:31] | a couple of months ago without having a panic attack. | 都可能会恐慌发作 |
[07:34] | How’s that going to work in New York? | 那我该怎么去纽约 |
[07:39] | Put it away for a bit. | 你先把这些放在一边 |
[07:42] | It’s brilliant they offered you a place. | 他们愿意让你去真是太好了 |
[07:46] | Don’t think about what to do with it for now. | 你现在先别考虑该怎么办 |
[07:53] | I am not going. | 我不去 |
[07:56] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[08:13] | And, of course, we have to thank Connell… | 当然了 我们要谢谢康纳尔 |
[08:19] | ..for stepping up | 她出现了 |
[08:21] | and turning out to be the most naturally | 成为了有史以来 |
[08:24] | fucking gifted editor of all times. | 最有天赋的编辑 |
[08:31] | Leaving me to announce that our latest brilliant issue | 所以我们我在此宣布 我们的新书 |
[08:36] | launches tomorrow and we could not be prouder. | 将于明天发布 我们真是太自豪了 |
[08:41] | And I made punch and it’s fucking delicious. | 我做了潘趣酒 真他妈好喝 |
[08:44] | And it’s fucking lethal! | 还他妈很致命 |
[08:46] | Drink up! | 喝吧 |
[08:54] | Well done. | 很好 |
[09:02] | Marianne? | 玛丽安 |
[09:04] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[09:05] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你点事吗 |
[09:11] | Christmas. | 圣诞 |
[09:14] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[09:17] | Would you like to come to ours? | 你愿意来我们家吗 |
[09:22] | I don’t know, Connell. | 我不知道 康纳尔 |
[09:24] | That’s kind. | 你真好 |
[09:26] | Lorraine’d love to have you. | 洛琳会很欢迎你的 |
[09:30] | You don’t know that. | 你怎么知道 |
[09:36] | – What? – I mean, I do know that. | -怎么了 -我还真的知道 |
[09:39] | It’s her idea. | 这是她的主意 |
[09:41] | That’s kind of her. | 那她真是太好了 |
[09:49] | So? | 所以呢 |
[09:53] | So? | 所以呢 |
[10:07] | – Connell… it’s not funny. – Yeah? | -康纳尔 才不好笑呢 -是吗 |
[10:39] | There they are. | 他们来了 |
[10:41] | Look at the two of you, a little Christmas miracle. | 看看你们俩 圣诞节的小奇迹 |
[10:45] | Been cooking for weeks. Get in here. | 我准备了好几周 快进来 |
[10:47] | – Hi. – Hello, sweetheart. | -你好 -你好 亲爱的 |
[10:53] | Thanks for having me. | 谢谢你邀请我 |
[10:59] | Where shall I put these? | 我该把这些放在哪里 |
[11:05] | Editor? Well, that’s impressive. | 编辑 太棒了 |
[11:07] | No, well, I’m just really doing it as a favour. | 不 我只是帮个忙 |
[11:09] | Sure, people edit newspapers as a favour. | 没错 编辑报纸都是帮个忙 |
[11:12] | He’s doing brilliantly. | 他做得很好 |
[11:13] | It’s a literary magazine, it’s absolutely not a newspaper. | 那是文学杂志 不能算是报纸 |
[11:22] | Am I involved in politics? | 我是政界的吗 |
[11:24] | – Yes. – What?! | -是的 -什么 |
[11:25] | No! | 没有 |
[11:27] | Why is that funny? | 为什么这么好笑 |
[11:27] | 多比 小精灵 | |
[11:28] | Am I Dobby? | 我是多比吗 |
[11:31] | Do I like me? | 我喜欢我吗 |
[11:33] | No. I don’t think so. | 不 应该不喜欢 |
[11:39] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[11:41] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[11:44] | Is it too much? | 太过了吗 |
[11:46] | No. | 没有 |
[11:48] | It’s so nice. | 真的很好 |
[11:50] | Proper Christmas. | 正常的圣诞节 |
[11:53] | It’s lovely. | 很孤独 |
[12:01] | Well, you have to do something. | 你得找点事做 |
[12:02] | What are all your school friends up to? | 你原先学校的朋友们都在做什么 |
[12:04] | At Brennan’s, like every year. | 和以前每年一样 在布兰农酒吧 |
[12:07] | Just not sure I can see a New Year’s in at Brennan’s. | 我只是不知道能不能想象在布兰农过新年 |
[12:20] | Hello, Denise, Happy New Year. | 你好 丹尼丝 新年快乐 |
[13:04] | What do people in town think of her? | 镇子上的人都是怎么看她的 |
[13:19] | I suppose… | 我想 |
[13:25] | I suppose she’d be considered…a bit odd. | 我想大家觉得她…有点怪 |
[14:45] | Your cheeks are red. | 你的脸很红 |
[14:47] | It’s cold. | 外面很冷 |
[14:49] | Will you come tonight? | 你今晚来吗 |
[14:54] | You should. | 你该来的 |
[14:57] | Far be it from me to disobey an order. | 我绝对不会违抗命令 |
[15:09] | – All right? – Hey, how are you doing? | -好吗 -你还好吗 |
[15:11] | What’s the craic? You all right? | 多好啊 你还好吧 |
[15:12] | – Good to see you. – Good to see you, too. | -见到你真好 -见到你很开心 |
[15:15] | – Happy New Year. – Happy New Year. | -新年快乐 -新年快乐 |
[15:19] | Hey, so nice you see ya. | 见到你们真好 |
[15:20] | Nice to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[15:22] | – You look amazing. – So do you guys. | -你看上去真好 -你们也是 |
[15:24] | You look gorgeous. | 你看起来好美 |
[15:27] | How are you getting on? | 你们还好吗 |
[15:28] | – Happy New Year, how are you? – Good, how are ya getting on? | -新年好 你好吗 -你最近怎么样 |
[15:30] | – Good, good. – Good, good, yeah. | -很好 很好 -太好了 |
[15:32] | – Get you a drink? – Yes, please. | -要喝点什么吗 -好 谢谢 |
[15:33] | – Would you like a drink? – No, no, thank you. | -要喝点什么吗 -不 谢谢 |
[15:35] | See you in a second. Back in a second. | 待会儿见 马上回来 |
[15:38] | Can I get two pints of Guinness, please? | 能给我两杯健力士吗 |
[15:38] | – Marianne Sheridan, long time, no see. – Hello! | -玛丽安·谢里登 好久不见 -你好 |
[16:15] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[16:20] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[17:16] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[17:19] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[17:20] | I am. | 没事 |
[17:22] | It never felt like home. | 我从来没有过家的感觉 |
[17:26] | Didn’t feel right to be here, to be honest. | 说实话 我觉得我不该在这里 |
[17:34] | What? | 什么 |
[17:39] | I’ve been thinking about New York. | 我一直在想着纽约 |
[17:43] | The offer. | 你的邀请 |
[17:45] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[17:47] | I don’t know, I just… | 我不知道 我只是… |
[17:50] | I keep imagining you being there. | 我一直想象你去那里 |
[17:55] | Writing. | 写作 |
[18:01] | Right. | 好吧 |
[18:05] | – You’ve been thinking about it. – Yeah. | -你一直在想 -嗯 |
[18:07] | A bit. | 有一点吧 |
[18:09] | Like, obviously, I’ve thought about it a bit, | 我显然经常会想 |
[18:12] | but that doesn’t mean… | 但那不代表… |
[18:17] | It just feels too hard. | 感觉太难了 |
[18:22] | Everything recently has been hard or it’s been an effort, | 最近的一切都好难 或者总要费尽力气 |
[18:25] | and maybe this year just needs to be straightforward. | 也许今年应该简单一点 |
[18:28] | – I don’t know. – There’s… | -我不知道 -有… |
[18:30] | There’s been a lot of stuff that’s been difficult and painful. | 有很多痛苦和艰难的事 |
[18:35] | – And this would be difficult and amazing. – Potentially. | -这一切会很艰难 也会很棒 -可能而已 |
[18:39] | It’s New York. | 那是纽约 |
[18:42] | It’s writing. | 是写作 |
[18:44] | It’d be fucking amazing, Connell. | 肯定会很棒的 康纳尔 |
[18:50] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[18:53] | Yeah, maybe. | 嗯 也许吧 |
[18:56] | Would you come with me? | 你愿意和我一起去吗 |
[18:59] | We could be there together, | 我们可以一起在那里 |
[19:01] | and you could study or work and… | 你可以学习 或工作 |
[19:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:14] | I want to stay here. | 我想留在这里 |
[19:19] | I want to live the life I’m living. | 我想继续过我现在的生活 |
[19:23] | – It’s quite a thing. – Yeah. | -这很重要 -嗯 |
[19:27] | – And I’m getting better at it. – Yeah. | -我现在已经越来越好了 -嗯 |
[19:45] | I’d miss you too much. | 我会很想你的 |
[19:48] | I’d be sick. | 我会很痛苦 |
[19:51] | At first. | 一开始 |
[19:54] | But it would get better. | 但是会好起来的 |
[19:57] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:59] | Yeah, and it’s only a year and then I’d be back. | 而且就一年 我就会回来了 |
[20:10] | Don’t promise that. | 别做这种保证 |
[20:14] | You don’t know… | 你不知道… |
[20:17] | ..where either of us will be… | 我们中一人会去哪里… |
[20:20] | ..or what will happen. | 或者会发生什么 |
[20:35] | I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you. | 要不是为了你 我也不会在这里 |
[20:39] | No. | 嗯 |
[20:41] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[20:45] | You’d be somewhere else entirely. | 你肯定会在别的某个地方 |
[20:48] | You’d be a different person. | 你会是个完全不同的人 |
[20:52] | And me, too. | 我也是 |
[20:58] | But we have done so much good… | 但是我们为对方 |
[21:03] | ..for one another. | 做了那么多事 |
[21:09] | You know I love you. | 你知道我爱你 |
[21:13] | And I’m never going to feel the same way for anyone else. | 我永远不会对别人产生这种感觉了 |
[21:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:34] | I’ll go. | 我会去 |
[21:39] | And I’ll stay. | 我会留下 |
[21:43] | And we’ll be OK. | 我们会没事的 |