时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | Norman! | 诺曼 |
[01:02] | Why didn’t you tell me you’re doing this? | 怎么没跟我说你要这样? |
[01:04] | Saw no reason to bother you. | 看不出有理由要去烦你 |
[01:07] | How can it be a bother? I… I’m your friend. | 怎么会是烦我?我是你朋友 |
[01:10] | I’m sorry. The next time my wife dies | 对不起 下次我太太死了 |
[01:12] | and I donate her clothes to charity, I’ll be sure to give you a heads-up. | 我要把她的衣服捐给慈善机构 我一定会先通知你 |
[01:16] | That’s all I’m asking. | 这样我就满足了 |
[01:19] | Just need a signature. | 签个名就好 |
[01:21] | Okay. | |
[01:23] | May I say that you and your colleagues have more than lived up to your name? | 我要说一句 你和你同事完全是名符其实 |
[01:27] | What? | 什么? (好意公司) |
[01:29] | Goodwill. It was palpable. | 好意啊 我完全感受到了 |
[01:42] | – Ready? – Yeah. | -好了吗? -对 |
[01:46] | What do you know about opium? | 你对鸦片有什么了解? |
[01:48] | Tried it a few times in the ’60s, it’s not my thing. | 1960年代试过几次 不是我的菜 |
[01:51] | Why? | 干嘛问? |
[01:52] | – I’m thinking of becoming an addict. – Oh, really? | -我在考虑成瘾 -是喔? |
[01:55] | Yeah. Like Dickens or Keats. | 对 像是迪更斯或济慈 |
[01:58] | Oh, you mean a writer? | 你是说当作家啊? |
[01:59] | No, no, just an addict. | 不是 只是成瘾 |
[02:01] | No needles, that’s more jazz musician. | 不用打针的 爵士乐师比较会那样 |
[02:03] | Good to have goals. | 有目标很好 |
[02:07] | I’m looking for a way to manifest my existential despair. | 我在找方法显现存在主义的绝望 |
[02:12] | No offense, uh, but you’re already pretty gloomy. | 我无意冒犯 但你已经很阴沉了 |
[02:15] | I think I can do better. | 我想我可以更上一层楼 |
[02:21] | Must’ve been hard giving her stuff away. | 把她的东西送走一定很不好受 |
[02:26] | It’s harder to keep it. | 留下来更不好受 |
[02:28] | It’s… It’s only been a few months. You just gotta hang in there. | 才刚过几个月 你得要撑住 |
[02:33] | “Hang in there.” That’s funny. | “撑住” 妙了 |
[02:35] | When I wake up in the morning, | 我早上醒来的时候 |
[02:36] | I’m not sure if I’m relieved or disappointed. | 不确定自己是放心了还是失望 |
[02:41] | Do you find yourself losing words more frequently? | 你有发现自己越来越常 想不到要说的字词吗? |
[02:45] | Losing them, how? | 怎样想不到? |
[02:46] | Yeah, you’re talking to someone | 好比你跟人说话 |
[02:47] | and you need a word to finish your thought, | 需要一个字词来结尾 |
[02:50] | a simple word, nothing out of the ordinary, | 简单的字词 很寻常的 |
[02:52] | and it’s… it’s… it’s missing. | 却突然想不起来 |
[02:54] | It’s just gone. | 就这样不见了 |
[02:55] | Oh, yeah, yeah. All the time. | 有啊 动不动就这样 |
[02:57] | Does it concern you? | 你会担心吗? |
[02:59] | So, if it’s not in the script, | 如果剧本里没写 |
[03:01] | it’s up to you to figure out what your character was doing | 要靠你们自己去厘清 |
[03:03] | before the scene began. | 角色在那一幕戏开始前在干嘛 |
[03:05] | Were you, uh, working? | 是在工作吗? |
[03:07] | Were you eating? | 还是在吃东西? |
[03:08] | Maybe you weren’t doing anything at all. You know, you were just, um… | 或许完全没在干嘛 |
[03:12] | Uh… You know, you… um… | 只是在… 就是… |
[03:15] | Masturbating. | 自慰 |
[03:17] | – No. – Trying not to cry. | 不是 忍住不哭 |
[03:20] | – No, um… – Bringing shame upon your family? | -不是… -让家里蒙羞? |
[03:22] | – Shoplifting at Sephora? – No. | -在美妆店顺手牵羊? -不是… |
[03:24] | – No. – Cutting yourself? | 割到自己? |
[03:25] | Jesus, no! | 天啊 不是 |
[03:26] | Get help. | 那就去看医师啊 |
[03:27] | Why… not masturbating? | 为什么…不是自慰? |
[03:30] | Procrastinating! | 拖拖拉拉 |
[03:33] | – What? – That was the word I couldn’t remember. | -什么? -那就是我记不起来的词 |
[03:36] | – So it happens to you? – Oh, yeah, yeah. | 所以你也会这样喔? |
[03:38] | More than I like to admit. | 对…多到我不想承认 |
[03:43] | Are you thinking what I’m thinking? | 你也在想那件事吗? |
[03:45] | It’s impossible not to. | 不可能不去想 |
[03:47] | I think I fear that worse than cancer, even, um… | 我觉得这比起癌症更让我恐惧 甚至… |
[03:52] | Oh, shit, what’s his name? Um… | 可恶 他叫什么来着的? |
[03:55] | What’s whose name? | -谁叫什么来着? |
[03:56] | You know the guy. | -就那个男的啊 |
[03:57] | – What guy? – Guy with the… the thing. | -什么男的? -就是有那个的男的啊 |
[03:59] | – What thing? – The thing they use to… | -有哪个啊? -就是他们用来 |
[04:01] | you know, to harvest the crops, um… | 收割作物的东西 |
[04:03] | – A tractor? – No. | -曳引机? -不是 |
[04:05] | Mexican people? | 墨西哥人? 剧名:第 9 章:演员健忘症 |
[04:15] | You know, this is, like, the fourth funeral I’ve been to this month. | 这是我这个月第四次参加丧礼了 |
[04:19] | At our age, it’s called having a social life. | 这叫做我们这年纪的社交生活 (礼簿) |
[04:26] | Walter Winchell? | 你签瓦特温契尔? |
[04:27] | Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. America, and all the ships at sea. | 各位美国的先生和太太 和所有海上的船只晚上好 |
[04:30] | Let’s go to press. | 我们要来报导罗 |
[04:32] | Nobody ever checks these things. | 没人会去查看这些东西 |
[04:34] | At Margie Gerber’s funeral, I signed in as Margie Gerber. | 我去玛姬葛柏的丧礼 入场还签玛姬葛柏呢 |
[04:43] | The Grim Reaper. | 是“死神” |
[04:45] | – What? – It’s a scythe, for the crops. | -什么? -割稻用的大镰刀 |
[04:46] | – Keep your voice down. – Jesus, that was bothering me. | -小声一点 -想半天才想到 烦死我了 |
[04:49] | And now it’s bothering everybody here. | 现在你烦死现场所有人了 |
[04:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:53] | Shall we? | 来吧 |
[04:59] | Bye, Davey. We’re gonna miss you. | 再见了 戴夫 我们一定会想念你 |
[05:04] | Every time one of my friends passes away, I feel like I won a contest, like, | 每次我有朋友过世 感觉都像是我赢了比赛 |
[05:08] | – “Ha ha, I lived longer, I beat you.” – That’s horrible. | “哈…我活得比较久 你输了” 很缺德耶 |
[05:11] | Oh, yeah, like you don’t feel the same way. | 对啦 最好你不会有这种感觉 |
[05:14] | I do, but I don’t say it in front of the guy. | 我会 但我不会当人家的面说 |
[05:18] | He was worth eight figures. | 他有千万美元身价 |
[05:20] | That’s a lot of dough to leave on the table. | 这样留下来的钱还真不少 |
[05:23] | Ideally, you want to spend your last nickel | 最理想的状况是在死前 |
[05:25] | just before you drop dead. | 花光自己最后一毛钱 |
[05:27] | Then, ideally, I should have died about three weeks ago. | 最理想的状况是 我大概三周前就该死了 |
[05:31] | He actually looks pretty good. | 他其实看起来气色很好呢 |
[05:33] | Is that a spray tan? | 那是用助晒剂喷的吗? |
[05:35] | Could be. | 有可能 |
[05:37] | I heard with Paulie Doogan, | 我听说保利杜根呢 |
[05:38] | they put the poor bastard’s body in a tanning bed. | 他们把他的大体放上日晒床 |
[05:42] | Came out looking like a piece of bacon. | 晒出来之后跟培根一样 |
[05:46] | Well, we should probably give our condolences to his wife. | 我们应该跟未亡人致意一下 |
[05:50] | Which one? | 哪一个? |
[05:58] | I’ll take the mother of his children, you take the… What do you call it? | 我去跟他孩子的妈致意 你去跟…叫什么来着的? |
[06:01] | – Trophy. – Trophy! | -花瓶嫩妻 -就是花瓶嫩妻 |
[06:03] | That’s a good deal. I’ll meet you at the cold cuts. | 就这么吧 待会儿散宴见 |
[06:05] | – Got it. – Norman? | -收到 -诺曼? |
[06:09] | Madelyn? | 梅德琳? |
[06:11] | Oh! | |
[06:12] | Good, you remembered! | 真好 你记得 |
[06:14] | God, I don’t believe it. Look at you. You’re more beautiful than ever. | 天啊 不敢相信 |
[06:17] | Oh, sh! | 看看你 比以前还更美呢 |
[06:20] | Madelyn, this is my friend Sandy. | 梅德琳 这是我朋友山迪 |
[06:21] | – Hello, how are you? – Hello. | -你好啊 -你好 |
[06:23] | Madelyn and I dated when, uh, what’s-his-name was… | 梅德琳和我交往的时候 |
[06:26] | Uh… | 那个谁啊… |
[06:27] | Lyndon Johnson. | 还是詹森当总统 |
[06:28] | – Jesus, that’s like 50… – Oh, please, no need to… | -天啊 都50年… -请不用算这个 |
[06:31] | Sorry. It was before Eileen. | 抱歉 |
[06:33] | – Yeah, before Eileen. – Yeah. | 是在艾琳之前 对 |
[06:34] | We were hot and heavy for a bit. | 在艾琳之前 我们有一阵子打得火热 |
[06:36] | It’s a wonder that neither of us got hurt. | 我们没人受伤还真是奇迹 |
[06:38] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[06:39] | I was constantly pulling one muscle or another! | 我老是拉伤肌肉耶 |
[06:43] | Excuse me. Would you mind taking this away from my husband? | 抱歉 可以不要在我先生前面聊吗? |
[06:45] | – Oh! Sorry. Sorry. – Oh. | 抱歉… |
[06:48] | So, uh… what are you doing now? Where are you living? | 那你现在在做什么?住哪里? |
[06:51] | Well, for the last few years, I’ve been living in Santa Barbara, but… | 这几年都住圣巴巴拉 但是… |
[06:55] | – Uh, my condolences. – Thank you. | -节哀顺变 -谢谢你 |
[06:57] | Davey, he was one of the good guys. | 戴夫呢 他是好人 |
[06:59] | Yeah, he was. | 对 真的 |
[07:01] | Boy, did he love you. | 怪怪 他真的很爱你 |
[07:03] | Yeah, I did see that. | 对 看得出来 |
[07:04] | A funny story, when you two started dating, | 说来很好玩 你们开始约会那时 |
[07:06] | he was constantly sending me pictures of you sunbathing by the pool. | 他老是传你在池畔日光浴的照片给我 |
[07:11] | Why is that funny? | 这为什么好玩? |
[07:14] | Well, it’s not so much funny as it’s insightful. | 说是好玩 其实还更发人深省 |
[07:18] | To show that he was… He was proud of you. | 显示他…非常以你为荣 |
[07:22] | Hm. | |
[07:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:25] | I deleted them. | 我有删掉照片 |
[07:27] | Most of them. | 大部分有删 |
[07:29] | And best of all, her husband died four years ago. | 最棒的是她先生四年前过世 |
[07:32] | That’s just terrific. | 实在是太好了 |
[07:33] | Long illness, took a lot out of her, | 病了很久 很折腾她 |
[07:35] | but she seems to be on top of it now. | 但感觉她现在已经完全走出来了 |
[07:37] | – Okay. Mm. – You know she speaks three languages? | -好喔 -你知道她会说三种语言吗? |
[07:40] | – Whoa. – And has a degree in chemistry? | -还有化学学位 |
[07:42] | Wow. | -哇塞 |
[07:43] | – Chemistry! – I said “Wow.” | -化学耶 -我都说哇塞了 |
[07:45] | Extraordinary woman. | 不凡的女人 |
[07:46] | Maybe she can whip you up some opium. | 或许她可以帮你变出鸦片来 |
[07:50] | What? | 什么? |
[07:51] | For your existential despair. | 为了你存在主义的绝望 |
[07:53] | Ah. | |
[07:55] | No sense of irony, okay. | 没必要讽刺你 好 |
[07:57] | We exchanged numbers, said we’d get together. | 我们交换了电话号码 说要找时间聚一聚 |
[08:01] | That’s wonderful. I’m happy for you. | 太棒了 我真替你开心 |
[08:03] | Boy, oh, boy, what a great funeral. | 怪怪 好棒的葬礼 |
[08:11] | I am gonna talk to him. | 我会跟他说 |
[08:12] | I just… I haven’t found the right time yet. | 只是还没找到适合的时机 |
[08:16] | No, I’m not embarrassed. Are you? | 没有 我没有觉得尴尬 你有吗? |
[08:25] | – Oh, hey, Sandy! – Hey… | -你好啊 山迪 -你好… |
[08:28] | Theresa. | 我是翠丽珊 |
[08:29] | I know your name, Theresa. | 我知道啦 翠丽珊嘛 |
[08:31] | Oh, uh, this is my boyfriend, Marcus. | 这是我男友马可士 |
[08:33] | – Hey. | – Hey. -你好 -你好 |
[08:35] | – You living in there? – Yeah. | 你们住里头喔? 对 |
[08:39] | Okay, I’ll see you later. | 好 回头见罗 |
[08:41] | – See you. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[08:42] | Why not get a little apartment? | 怎么不租一间小公寓? |
[08:44] | Oh, it’s too expensive. This way, I can save money for acting classes. | 太贵了 这样我能存钱上演戏课 |
[08:47] | Well, what about Marcus? Does he have a job? | 那马可士呢?他有工作吗? |
[08:50] | No, he’s a bass player. | 没有 他是贝斯手 |
[08:57] | Love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[09:01] | – I’ll see you in there. – You bet, Theresa. | -课堂上见罗 -没问题 翠丽珊 |
[09:07] | Did you know she’s living in a van? | 你知道她住厢型车吗? |
[09:10] | Yeah. About a year now. | 知道 差不多一年了 |
[09:12] | Doesn’t that bother you? | 你觉得没关系? |
[09:13] | Well… a lot of the students… | 有很多学生 |
[09:16] | rough it until they land a job, you know that. | 找到工作前 吃苦当吃补 你知道的啊 |
[09:20] | “Hard times builds character, character builds talent.” | “逆境生人格 人格生才华” |
[09:24] | Who said that? | 谁说的? |
[09:26] | You did. | 你啊 |
[09:28] | It’s in your book. | 你的书里有写 |
[09:30] | I have no memory of writing that. | 我不记得有写过那句话 |
[09:34] | So, a young girl living in a van | 所以 一个女孩住在厢型车 |
[09:37] | with a 90-pound googly-eyed bass player. | 跟一个瘦巴巴又眼凸凸的贝斯手 |
[09:40] | Guy looks like he’s got rickets. | 那家伙像是得了佝偻病 |
[09:43] | So buy him some fruit. | 那就买些水果给他吃 |
[09:45] | Don’t you get it? | 你不懂吗? |
[09:46] | I’m making my living selling these kids on a dream | 我靠着把梦想卖给这些年轻人维生 |
[09:48] | which, in all likelihood, will not come true. | 十之八九不会成真的梦想 |
[09:50] | Dad, you’re teaching them to act. | 爸 你是教导他们演戏 |
[09:52] | Their dreams are their own. | 他们的梦想归他们自己 |
[09:55] | Nobody dreams of living in a Ford Econoline. | 没有人会梦想住在福特厢型车 |
[09:57] | Well, even if they don’t make it, acting skills are useful all through life. | 就算他们没能闯出名堂来 演戏技巧在人生当中也有用处 |
[10:01] | Yeah, they could all become Civil War reenactors. | 对 都可以去模演南北战争 |
[10:05] | Because Sandy Kominsky taught them how to die. | 因为山迪柯敏斯基教导他们怎么装死 |
[10:08] | I’m gonna say something after class. | 我今天课后要补充一下 |
[10:10] | – Yeah, you do that. So, listen… – They need to know the harsh reality. | 对 你请便 -你听我说… -他们需要知道冷酷的事实 |
[10:13] | – Yeah, they sure do. – Better to hear it | 对 这是当然 |
[10:15] | – from somebody that they revere. – Or you. | 最好是听他们敬畏的人说出口 或是你 |
[10:17] | Um, Dad, I… I need to tell you something important. | 爸 我有重要的事需要跟你说 |
[10:21] | Well, go on. What are you waiting for? | 说啊 你还在等什么? |
[10:24] | I’ve been seeing someone. | 我在跟人交往 |
[10:26] | Oh. | |
[10:28] | Okay. | 好喔 |
[10:29] | And it’s getting serious. | 越来越认真 |
[10:31] | Really? Wow. | 是喔?哇 |
[10:34] | Do I get to meet him? | 我可以见见他吗? |
[10:35] | I mean, I’m assuming it’s a him, but either way, you know, I love you. | 我猜是男的他 但不管怎样 我都爱你 |
[10:39] | – Yes, it’s a him. – What do I know? In college… | 对 是男的他 我哪知道 你念大学那时 |
[10:42] | That was one semester and I was experimenting. | 才一学期 我是在实验 |
[10:45] | Got it. I know. That’s what college is for, for women. | 我了 女人上大学是在实验 |
[10:48] | Guys, they don’t experiment, it’s either shirts or skins. | 男人不实验 不是直男就是同志 |
[10:54] | I… I’m sorry. Please, go ahead. | 抱歉 请继续 |
[10:57] | Um… And, yes, you will, uh, get to meet him. | 对 你会见到他 |
[11:01] | Terrific! | 太好了 |
[11:02] | Because we’re moving in together. | 因为我们要同居 |
[11:05] | Okay. Yeah. | 好喔 对 |
[11:08] | And there’s one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[11:11] | No. No! | 不行… |
[11:12] | Not an actor. | 不要是演员 |
[11:13] | You do not get involved with an actor. | 不许你跟演员搅和在一起 |
[11:16] | He’s not an actor. | 他不是演员 |
[11:18] | Thank God! | 谢天谢地 |
[11:20] | I would rather see you get involved with a Republican. | 不然我宁可你跟共和党党员交往 |
[11:28] | He’s older than me. | 他比我大 |
[11:30] | So? That’s good. | 那又怎样?很好啊 |
[11:32] | Little older means that he’s, uh, you know, more mature. | 大一点表示他比较成熟 |
[11:36] | He’s not a little older. | 他不是大一点 |
[11:40] | Well, what are we talking about? Uh… Ten years? | 所以是大多少? 大10岁? |
[11:46] | Eleven years? | 11岁? |
[11:50] | Twenty? | 大20岁? |
[11:52] | He’s closer to your age. | 他年纪跟你差不多 |
[11:56] | Really? | 是喔? |
[12:00] | Closer but lower? | 差不多 但是比较小? |
[12:03] | It depends on what age you’re going with these days. | 那要看这年头是怎么算岁数而定 |
[12:06] | Jesus Christ, Mindy! What, are you shacking up with Rupert Murdoch? | 要死了 敏迪 你跟糟老头搞在一起喔? |
[12:10] | You know what? I think, when you meet him, you’re really gonna like him. | 我跟你说 我想等你见到他 一定会喜欢他 |
[12:13] | You two have a lot of fun stuff in common. | 你们有很多好玩的共通点 |
[12:16] | Sure! We both dodged polio! | 当然 我和他都躲过了小儿麻痹症 |
[12:20] | He did, didn’t he? | 是这样吧 他没有吧? |
[12:22] | He seems fine. | 看起来没有 |
[12:24] | Good. Good. | 那就好 |
[12:26] | You and I are all right, right? | 你和我没问题吧? |
[12:28] | Yeah! Why? | 是啊 干嘛问? |
[12:30] | Well, you know, traditionally, girls who like older men, | 传统上女生喜欢年纪大的人 |
[12:33] | they got, like, you know, daddy issues and… | 是因为有恋父情结 |
[12:35] | Eww! I don’t have daddy issues. | -我才没有恋父情结 |
[12:38] | Because, if you do, you can’t solve ’em with this guy. | -因为要是真有的话 |
[12:41] | He’s not your daddy. | 靠这家伙无法解决 他不是你爸 |
[12:43] | Okay, you know what? You really need to shut up. | 好吧 我跟你说 你快点闭嘴 |
[12:45] | Gladly. | 乐意之至 |
[12:48] | So I’m thinking the three of us should have dinner. | 我在想说我们三个应该约吃晚饭 |
[12:51] | Yeah, right. Absolutely. Set it up. | 好 没问题 安排一下 |
[12:53] | Great. | 太好了 |
[12:54] | Maybe we can go to Denny’s | 还是我们可以去丹尼餐馆 |
[12:56] | and he and I can get the… the senior discount. | 他和我可以享用银发族折扣 |
[12:59] | Okay, goodbye. | 好 再见 |
[13:00] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:04] | It’s okay. You don’t have to say it back. | 没关系 你不用回 |
[13:14] | Before we wrap things up tonight, | 在今晚的课程结束前 |
[13:15] | I want to take a moment to talk about the business of acting. | 我想花点时间聊聊演戏这个行业 |
[13:21] | Actually not even the business, but the, uh… the reality of acting. | 其实说不上是行业 而是演戏的现实 |
[13:27] | Now, I know you don’t want to hear this from the guy | 我知道你们不想听到这些话 |
[13:30] | that’s supposed to be giving you the tools to succeed. | 还是从理当要给你们成功工具的人 嘴里说出口 |
[13:34] | But the truth is… | 但事实是… |
[13:36] | that all the tools in the world | 世界上所有的工具 |
[13:39] | might not be enough. | 或许都不够 |
[13:41] | No matter how talented you are, | 不管你们多有才华 |
[13:43] | no matter how clever and persistent you are, | 不管你们有多聪明和坚持 |
[13:46] | the odds of having a legitimate, | 能够拥有一个像样… |
[13:49] | life-sustaining career as an actor | 能够维持生活的演员生涯 |
[13:52] | are overwhelming. | 机率实在低得可怜 |
[13:56] | Ninety percent | 美国演员协会 |
[13:58] | of the Screen Actors Guild is unemployed. | 有九成的会员失业 |
[14:00] | Now, you need to know this. | 你们需要知道这件事 |
[14:02] | You need to know that the likelihood of achieving fame and fortune, | 需要知道达成名利双收的可能性 |
[14:07] | or even just paying the rent, | 或甚至只是付得起房租 |
[14:09] | is very, very small. | 可能性都很小 |
[14:15] | And that’s the sad truth. | 这是令人伤心的事实 |
[14:19] | And if I am to continue being your teacher, your mentor, | 若要我继续担任你们的老师、导师 |
[14:25] | you need to hear that truth. | 你们就需要听到这个真相 |
[14:27] | And you need to hear it from me. | 也需要是听我亲口说 |
[14:39] | Thanks, Sandy. That was great. | 谢了 山迪 你说得很棒 |
[14:41] | Do you think it’s worth getting a vocal coach? | 你觉得值得花钱请声乐指导吗? |
[14:45] | A vocal coach? | 声乐指导? |
[14:47] | I’m worried I’m too nasal-sounding | 我担心我的鼻音有点太重 |
[14:49] | and I need to have more of a chest voice like Penelope Cruz. | 需要像是潘妮洛普克鲁兹 多一点胸腔共鸣 |
[14:52] | Did you just hear a word that I said? | 你有听到半点我刚才说的话吗? |
[14:55] | Yeah, but I’m not gonna fail. | 有啊 但我一定不会失败 |
[14:57] | – Really? – Really. | -真的? -真的 |
[15:02] | And what about the rest of you? | 那你们其他人呢? |
[15:04] | It’s black girl time. I’m goin’ all the way. | 现在黑人女生正当红 我要全力以赴 |
[15:09] | Look at this face. | 看看我这张脸 |
[15:11] | How can I fail? | 我哪可能失败? |
[15:12] | Oh! | |
[15:14] | Same here. | 彼此彼此 |
[15:16] | I have a degree in radiology to fall back on. | 我有放射学学位 可以当退路 |
[15:21] | Lane? | 连恩? |
[15:23] | What about you? | 那你呢? |
[15:25] | I’m two years into a five-year plan to become a successful Broadway actor. | 我要当上成功的百老汇演员 五年计划进行到第二年 |
[15:30] | Broadway? | 百老汇? |
[15:32] | What the hell are you doin’ here in Los Angeles? | 那你跑来洛杉矶干嘛? |
[15:34] | Getting ready. | 做准备罗 |
[15:49] | Sandy, what ho? | 山迪 别来无恙? |
[15:53] | “What ho?” | “别来无恙?” |
[15:54] | PG Wodehouse, maybe before your time. How are you, my friend? | 语出伍德豪斯 他或许比你还早期 你好吗 我的朋友? |
[15:58] | I’ve been better. You want to grab a bite to eat? | 以前比较好 你要出去吃点什么吗? |
[16:01] | I cannot. I have… | 没办法 我… |
[16:10] | I have a date. | 我在约会 |
[16:13] | Why are you whispering? | 你干嘛小声说话? |
[16:15] | An excellent question. | 问得太好了 |
[16:21] | Okay. Okay, listen to this. | 好 你听我说 |
[16:25] | Shortly after I got home, Madelyn called me and asked me to dinner. | 我才刚到家 |
[16:29] | Phew! She works fast! | 梅德琳就打来说要约我吃晚餐 她动作还真快 |
[16:30] | Yes, indeed. | 真的是 |
[16:32] | She said, and I quote, | 她说 我引述: |
[16:33] | “You and I are too old to mess around, | “你和我这把年纪没时间搅和 |
[16:35] | so let’s get this party started.” | 所以要就直接来吧” |
[16:38] | That’s great, buddy. Have a great time. | 真棒 兄弟 祝你玩得愉快 |
[16:41] | Well, I had a whale of a nap, so I’m good till ten. | 我午觉睡很饱 可以醒到晚上十点 |
[16:44] | Okay. All right, bye! | 好喔 先这样 再见 |
[16:46] | Okay, bye. | 好 再见 (大墨西哥卷饼) |
[17:12] | Could this be any sadder? | 还可以再更惨一点吗? |
[17:13] | – That was out loud. – Thank you. | -你想得太大声了 -谢谢你 |
[17:31] | Hey! | 你好啊 |
[17:32] | Hey! | 你好啊 |
[17:34] | Eh… What a surprise. | 真意外 |
[17:36] | Yeah. Wild, huh? | 是啊 也太巧了 |
[17:38] | What are you doin’ in this neck of the woods? | 你怎么会跑来这里? |
[17:40] | I… Uh… Just helping my, uh… | 我…就是帮… |
[17:43] | uh… friend, uh… stock his… refrigerator. | 朋友… |
[17:48] | Huh. | 塞满他家的冰箱 |
[17:49] | Hi! William. | 你好 我是威廉 |
[17:51] | Recently divorced. | 最近刚离婚 |
[17:52] | Sandy, vaguely interested. | 我是山迪 兴趣缺缺 |
[17:55] | Uh, remember I told you I was taking an acting class? | 记得我说过我有去上演戏课吗? |
[17:59] | Uh, Sandy’s the teacher. | 山迪就是老师 |
[18:01] | Ah! Well, sure. | 当然 |
[18:03] | That sounds like fun. | 听来很好玩 |
[18:04] | It is fun, William. | 是很好玩 |
[18:05] | Loads of fun. | 威廉 可好玩了 |
[18:07] | Hope you’re gonna come back. Everybody misses you. | 希望你会回来上课 大家都很想你 |
[18:11] | I will. I will, just been kind of busy. | 一定…只是最近有点忙 |
[18:14] | Sure. I understand. | 当然 我懂 |
[18:16] | You know, I joined an improv group when I was in college. | 我大学那时参加过即兴剧团 |
[18:19] | We were called Mixed Nuts. | 叫做“综合坚果” |
[18:22] | Okay. Uh… We… We gotta go. | 好 我们该走了 |
[18:25] | Um, it… it was great seeing you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[18:27] | Yeah, you too. | 对 我也是 |
[18:28] | Good luck stocking William’s fridge. | 祝福你顺利塞满威廉的冰箱 |
[18:41] | I am so stupid. | 我超蠢的 |
[18:43] | Still out loud. | 还是想得太大声了 |
[18:52] | Boy, I haven’t been here in a while. | 怪怪 我好一阵子没来这儿了 |
[18:54] | It’s great, isn’t it? | 很棒吧? |
[18:56] | Little bit noisy. | 有点吵 |
[18:58] | Eileen and I used to come here when it was Alan Hale’s Lobster Pot. | 以前这里还是艾伦海尔龙虾锅 艾琳和我会来 |
[19:06] | Oh, thanks. | 谢了 |
[19:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:13] | So… | 所以呢… |
[19:14] | how have you been these last 50 years? | 你这50年过得怎么样? |
[19:17] | What? | 什么? |
[19:18] | How have you been these last 50 years? | 你这50年过得怎么样? |
[19:22] | Oh, well… | 这个嘛… |
[19:23] | Uh… I fell in love, I got married, | 坠入情网、结婚 |
[19:27] | had a beautiful baby girl, | 生了漂亮的女儿 |
[19:28] | lost my wife to cancer, | 太太罹癌过世 |
[19:31] | put my daughter into drug rehab | 送我女儿进勒戒所戒毒 |
[19:33] | and, uh, now I’m thinking about killing myself. | 我现在考虑要自杀 |
[19:35] | Oh! | |
[19:39] | I’m not sure we can have a conversation in here. | 我不确定在这里头可以好好聊天 |
[19:45] | Take out your phone. | 手机拿出来 |
[19:47] | – What? – Take… Take out your phone. | -什么? -手机拿出来 |
[19:55] | – Hello? – Hah! | 喂? |
[19:56] | That’s better, isn’t it? | 这样好多了吧? |
[19:58] | Great. Very clever. | 很棒 高招 |
[20:00] | Can I start you off with something to drink? A glass of wine? | 两位要先喝点什么吗?来杯葡萄酒? |
[20:03] | Yes. We would like, please… | 好 我们想要… |
[20:05] | Norman! Norman. | 诺曼… |
[20:07] | Oh, yeah. We would like a bottle of Montrachet. | 对耶 |
[20:10] | – Mm! – How about that? | 我们想要一瓶蒙哈榭 |
[20:11] | Remembering after 50 years? | 怎么样?50年后重温旧梦? |
[20:14] | We would like a bottle of your best Montrachet, please. | 麻烦来一瓶你们最好的蒙哈榭 |
[20:18] | Last time I bought that wine… | 上回我买那支白酒 |
[20:20] | Last time I bought that wine was on a date with you. | 上回我买那支白酒 是跟你出门约会 |
[20:23] | It took me two years to pay off my credit card. | 花了两年才还清卡债 |
[20:27] | Oh, you were always such a show-off. | 你总是这样爱现 |
[20:29] | Well, sure. I wanted to trick you into liking me. | 一定的 我想要骗你喜欢上我 |
[20:31] | Well, it worked. | 很管用啊 |
[20:36] | So, tell me, | 告诉我 |
[20:38] | what’s been going on with you? | 你过得怎么样? |
[20:39] | No. | 不要 |
[20:41] | Why not? | 怎么不要? |
[20:42] | I just don’t want to live in the past. | 我不想活在过去 |
[20:44] | I want… I want to talk about the future. | 我要聊未来 |
[20:46] | There’s a future? | 有未来喔? |
[20:48] | There is now. | 现在有了 |
[20:51] | You’ve gotta ask yourself why. | 你得要自问为什么 |
[20:54] | Why would he say something that is so blatantly false, | 他为何要说出摆明就是错的事? |
[20:57] | it is an outright lie, | 根本就是谎话 |
[20:59] | when the truth is so obvious? | 而事实就摆在眼前 |
[21:01] | And frankly, the truth is a whole lot easier to sell. | 老实说 真相还更容易被接受 |
[21:04] | It makes no sense | 根本没道理啊 |
[21:07] | that he would do this. | 他竟然会说谎 |
[21:08] | I don’t understand why. | 我真是搞不懂 |
[21:09] | Because he’s a sociopath, Don. Hello? | 因为川普反社会 唐 醒醒吧 |
[21:12] | He’s trying to convince you to ignore… | 他想要说服你们去忽略… |
[21:15] | Why? For fuck’s sake. | 搞鬼啊? |
[21:17] | Hello, Norman. | 喂?诺曼 |
[21:20] | Good, you’re up. | 很好 你起床了 |
[21:22] | It’s 9:30. | 都晚上九点半了 |
[21:23] | So, dig this. | 注意听来 |
[21:25] | Madelyn lives in Santa Barbara | 梅德琳住在圣巴巴拉 |
[21:27] | and she invited me to come up for the weekend. | 邀请我过去度周末 |
[21:29] | Did you just say “dig this”? | 你刚才说:“注意听来”? |
[21:31] | Did I? Blame it on the Montrachet. | 我有喔?酒精作祟 |
[21:34] | Anyway, Santa Barbara, what do you think? | 说来说去 圣巴巴拉 你觉得呢? |
[21:37] | What difference does it make what I think? | 我觉得怎样有差吗? |
[21:39] | True, but I still wanna discuss it. | 是没差 但我还是想讨论一下 |
[21:44] | Are you eating? | 你在吃东西吗? |
[21:46] | Yeah. | 对 |
[21:47] | Could you stop? It sounds terrible. | 可以先停吗?很难听 |
[21:49] | I’m having my dinner. | 我正在吃晚饭耶 |
[21:51] | This late? You’re gonna get acid reflux. | 都这么晚了?你会胃食道逆流 |
[21:53] | That’ll taste better than what I’m eating. | 那也比我现在吃的好吃 |
[21:56] | You know… | 其实呢… |
[21:57] | I can’t help worrying that all this is moving too fast. | 我忍不住担心 这一切进展得太快 |
[22:00] | So what? | 那又怎样? |
[22:01] | “So what?” That’s your input? | “那又怎样?”这是你的高见? |
[22:04] | All right. | 好 |
[22:05] | Uh… How about this? | 那我换一句 |
[22:07] | Stop chewing! | 不要再嚼了 |
[22:10] | When in doubt… | 当心中有疑虑 |
[22:11] | ride the horse in the direction that it’s going. | 就顺着马前进的方向骑 |
[22:15] | Mmm! Now, that’s good. Where’d you get that? | 这句话好 你从哪听来的? |
[22:19] | You remember that show, uh… Kung Fu? | 你记得《功夫》影集吗? |
[22:21] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, with that guy… | 对…就那个… |
[22:24] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字? |
[22:25] | The son of the other guy. | 那个谁谁谁的儿子 |
[22:26] | Uh, hey, wait. It’s, uh… | 等等 是… |
[22:28] | No, it’s not Barrymore. It’s the other one. | 不是芭莉摩家族 那是另一个 |
[22:30] | Oh, God. I can see his face. | 天啊 我都想到他的脸了 |
[22:32] | Me too. I just can’t, uh… | 我也是 但就是记不起… |
[22:34] | Anyway, I heard it on that show. I never forgot it. | 反正我是在那个影集听到的 一直都记得 |
[22:37] | Well, it’s still a wise thing. | 依然很睿智 |
[22:39] | I think so. | 我也这样觉得 |
[22:42] | It suggests that one should… | 建议人应该要… |
[22:44] | go with the flow. | 顺其自然 |
[22:46] | And… And where’s the flow goin’? | 那么自然会往哪里走? |
[22:48] | At the moment, all roads lead to Santa Barbara. | 目前所有的路都指向圣巴巴拉 |
[22:50] | With a beautiful woman who seems to love to have you in her life again. | 有美女似乎想要你再次进入她的生活 |
[22:55] | Yeah, she does, doesn’t she? | 对 真的是呢? |
[22:57] | There’s an ass for every saddle. | 总是一个萝卜一个坑罗 |
[23:01] | Hey, can I run something by you? | 对了 有件事能问问你意见吗? |
[23:03] | Make it fast, it’s late. | 说快一点 时候不早了 |
[23:08] | Mindy dropped a bomb on me today | 敏迪今天投下震撼弹 |
[23:10] | and it’s… It’s really freaking me out. | 真的把我吓坏了 |
[23:12] | No preamble, it’s late. | 不要铺陈 时候不早了 |
[23:16] | She told me that she’s seriously involved with an older man. | 她说她和年纪比较大的男人 正在认真交往 |
[23:20] | Well, a little older is generally a good thing. | 年纪大一点一般来说是好事 |
[23:22] | More mature. | 比较成熟 |
[23:23] | That’s what I said. | 我也是这样说 |
[23:24] | So, how old? | 所以是多大年纪? |
[23:26] | Kind of closer to my age. | 跟我差不多大 |
[23:28] | You’re kidding. | 开玩笑的吧 |
[23:29] | I am not. | 我没开玩笑 |
[23:30] | Hah! | |
[23:31] | Ha-ha! | |
[23:33] | Ha, ha, ha! | |
[23:34] | You’re laughing. Is that how you support me? | 你在笑 你是这样支持我的喔? |
[23:36] | Oh, come on, it’s perfect! | 得了吧 很完美啊 |
[23:38] | You spent most of your adult life dating women half your age | 你的成年人生 大部分都和小你一半的女生交往 |
[23:42] | and now your daughter is… | 现在你女儿… |
[23:43] | Ho, ho, ho! | |
[23:44] | Holy shit! | 要死了 |
[23:45] | I’m glad I could amuse you. | 我很高兴我能让你开心 |
[23:47] | Holy shit! | 要死了 |
[23:52] | Ha-ha! | |
[23:59] | David Carradine. | 想到了 是大卫卡拉定 |