时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | Hello, ex-husband. | 喂?前夫 |
[00:35] | Hello, ex-wife. How’s it going? | 喂?前妻 怎么样啊? |
[00:38] | Oh, you know. | 你知道的 |
[00:39] | Every day without you is a day filled with sunshine and lollipops. | 没有你的每一天 都充满了阳光和欢笑 |
[00:43] | Yeah, same here. | 是啊 同感 |
[00:45] | Did I ever tell you, after the divorce, | 我有跟你说过离婚后 |
[00:47] | that my hair stopped falling out? | 我就没再掉头发了吗? |
[00:48] | That’s good. | 那很好啊 |
[00:50] | Your hair was the only thing about you worth saving. | 你这个人只有头发值得一救 |
[00:52] | Mm. | |
[00:53] | How did I not put a pillow over your head when I had the chance? | 我当初怎么没有把握机会 用枕头把你闷死呢 |
[00:58] | You didn’t have the balls. What do you want? | 因为你没种啊…你要干嘛? |
[01:01] | Well, something came up with Mindy. | 敏迪有状况 |
[01:04] | – Is she all right? – Yeah, yeah, she’s fine. | -她没事吧? -对 她很好 |
[01:06] | What’s goin’ on? | 那是怎么了? |
[01:07] | I’m not sure if you know this or not, | 不确定你知不知道 |
[01:09] | but your daughter has got herself mixed up | 但你女儿交往的对象 |
[01:11] | with a guy that’s, like, twice her age. | 年纪比她大了一倍 |
[01:13] | Oh, that! Yeah, of course I know. | 那件事啊 对 我当然知道 |
[01:16] | Say “Aah.” | 说:“啊” |
[01:17] | Say what? | 说什么? |
[01:18] | – Aaah… – Not talking to you. | 不是跟你说话 |
[01:20] | Wait, she told you? When did she tell you? | 等等 她有跟你说?何时说的? |
[01:22] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我想想… |
[01:24] | About a year ago. | 大概一年前吧 |
[01:25] | You’ve known about this for a year? | 你已经知道一年了? |
[01:27] | Did you ever think about telling me? | 有想过要跟我说吗? |
[01:30] | Mm… No, never crossed my mind. | 没有 完全没想过 |
[01:32] | So… what exactly is your concern? | 所以你到底是哪里过不去? |
[01:34] | What do you mean, “What is my concern?” | 什么叫做我哪里过不去? |
[01:36] | The guy is, like, an old man. | 那家伙是老人耶 |
[01:38] | So are you. | 你也是啊 |
[01:39] | Never stopped you from dating younger women. | 看你交年轻的也没有客气过 |
[01:41] | This is different. | 这不一样 |
[01:42] | How so? | 怎么不一样? |
[01:43] | This is my daughter. | 这是我女儿 |
[01:45] | Ah! | |
[01:46] | You’re such a hypocrite. | 你真是伪君子 |
[01:47] | Tell me something I don’t know. | 说些我不知道的事 |
[01:49] | Have you met him yet? | 你见过他了吗? |
[01:50] | No, I’m supposed to have dinner with them tonight. | 没有 跟他们约了今天吃晚饭 |
[01:53] | Well, then, relax. He’s a terrific guy. | 那就放轻松 他人很好 |
[01:57] | You’ve met him? | 你见过他喔? |
[01:58] | Uh-huh. Martin Schneider. | 马丁许奈德 |
[02:01] | Absolutely adores Mindy. | 爱敏迪爱得五体投地 |
[02:03] | Wait a minute. | 慢着 |
[02:04] | You’ve known about this for a year and you’ve met the guy? | 你知道这事一年 还见过这家伙? |
[02:08] | Look at you connecting the dots. | 看看你 拼凑线索 |
[02:11] | See, I can’t believe she waited so long to tell me. | 她竟然等了那么久才跟我说 |
[02:13] | Maybe your daughter doesn’t trust you | 或许是你女儿信不过你 |
[02:16] | with her personal affairs. | 不想说她私人的事 |
[02:18] | Hey, she trusts me, all right? We’re close. We’re closer than ever. | 她可信得过我了 我们很亲 现在比以往更亲 |
[02:21] | But she didn’t tell you about her boyfriend. | 但她还是没早跟你说男友的事 |
[02:24] | Does that hurt? | 会痛吗? |
[02:26] | A little bit. Yeah. | 有点痛 对 |
[02:28] | So this does not creep you out at all? | 所以你完全觉得没关系? |
[02:31] | No. Actually, I’m kind of surprised. | 不会 其实我还有点意外 |
[02:33] | You’re being so old-fashioned. | 你竟然这么老古板 |
[02:35] | Hey, I’m not old-fashioned! | 我才不是老古板 |
[02:36] | Matter of fact, a lot of the kids here at my class | 其实班上很多年轻人 |
[02:39] | say that I’m very, uh… “woke.” | 都说我很“觉醒” |
[02:41] | Uh-huh. | |
[02:42] | That’s right. You’re talking to a man who’s got no problem | 没错 在下兄弟敝人我 |
[02:45] | droppin’ a deuce in a gender-neutral bathroom. | 完全可以在性别友善厕所掏出老二 |
[02:48] | Oh, thank you for that lovely image. | 谢谢你形容得很有画面 |
[02:50] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[02:52] | Look, Sandy, you can’t control her life. | 山迪 你没办法控制她的生活 |
[02:55] | All you can do is be there for her without judgment. | 你只能陪伴她 不去打分数 |
[02:59] | I know that! You don’t think I know that? | 我知道啊 你以为我不知道吗? |
[03:01] | I just don’t want my kid to get hurt. | 我只是不要我的孩子受伤 |
[03:04] | If she’s not thinking ahead, | 如果她没先想好 |
[03:05] | a couple of years from now, she’ll be changing this guy’s diapers. | 两年后就要帮这家伙换尿布了 |
[03:09] | Your real concern should be who’s gonna change your diapers. | 你应该担心谁要帮你换尿布才对 |
[03:13] | Says the woman who pees when she laughs. | 你一笑就漏尿 还好意思说我 |
[03:16] | Your mother warned me not to marry you. | 你妈警告我别嫁给你 |
[03:18] | Said you were a lying, cheating scumbag just like your old man. | 说你跟你老爸一样杂碎 爱说谎又会出轨 |
[03:22] | You are the worst mistake I ever made in my life. | 跟你结婚是我这辈子最大的错误 |
[03:27] | Back at you, fucko. | 彼此彼此 乌龟蛋 剧名:第 10 章:旧情重燃 |
[03:41] | I don’t recall him being this big. | 我不记得有这么大只 |
[03:43] | You told me you were comfortable around horses. | 你说过马不会让你不自在 |
[03:46] | I’m comfortable betting on them. | 我赌马的时候是很自在 |
[03:48] | Well, you can’t turn back now. You bought the outfit. | 反正回不去了 你行头都买了 |
[03:51] | That’s another thing. This was a fun idea in the store, | 这是另一个问题 在店里看起来很好玩 |
[03:54] | but I look like Howdy Doody, the later years. | 但这一穿上 我活像迈入晚年的牛仔木偶 |
[03:56] | You look great! | 你看起来很棒啦 |
[03:58] | There’s nothing to worry about. Nancy’s a very old and gentle horse. | 不用担心 南希是很温柔的老马 |
[04:02] | I’m old and gentle. | 我也是温柔老人 |
[04:03] | See what happens if you try to climb on my back. | 但若你想爬到我背上 看看会怎样 |
[04:06] | Seriously, I would bite you. | 说真的 我会咬你喔 |
[04:08] | Well, just give it a try, okay? | 就试试看吧 好吗? |
[04:10] | – Louis and Vincent will help you up. – I don’t need any help. | -路易士和文森会帮你上马 |
[04:15] | Uh… Oof! Uh… | -我不需要帮忙 |
[04:28] | Lord! | 天啊 |
[04:35] | Louis, Vincent, a little help. | 路易士、文森 麻烦帮一把 |
[04:47] | – Now what? – Just pick up the reins. | -现在呢? -拿起缰绳 |
[04:50] | And now we go for a nice leisurely ride. | 现在要去轻松兜风 |
[04:53] | Be sure and put that on my tombstone. | 务必在我的墓志铭写上这句话 |
[04:55] | Oh, just give her a little kick. | 轻轻踢它一下 |
[04:58] | A kick? | 踢它? |
[04:59] | Yeah, a kick. | 对 踢一下 |
[05:00] | – You want me to kick the horse? – Yeah, I do. | -你要我踢马喔? -我是啊 |
[05:05] | Nancy, I apologize in advance. | 南希 |
[05:10] | Aah! | 先跟你致歉 |
[05:13] | Is there a turn signal on this thing? | 这有方向灯吗? |
[05:23] | I feel compelled | 我突然有一股冲动 |
[05:25] | to check the lower 40 for stray cattle. | 想去查看牧场上有没有走失的牛只 |
[05:37] | It’s beautiful. | 好美喔 |
[05:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:41] | I’m so glad you made the drive up here. | 我真高兴你开车上来 |
[05:44] | – Me too. – Mm. | 我也是 |
[05:45] | Thank you for the invite. | 多谢邀约 |
[05:49] | – Can I share something with you? – Of course. | -可以跟你分享一件事吗? -当然 |
[05:51] | My ass is killing me. | 我的屁股痛死了 |
[05:53] | What ass? You don’t have an ass. | 什么屁股?你又没有屁股 |
[05:55] | What are you talking about? I happen to have a very substantial booty. | 你在说什么?我碰巧有一对丰臀 |
[06:08] | – Chicken Marsala okay for tonight? – Hang on, let me just… | -晚上吃马沙拉酒炖鸡可以吗? -等等 我先… |
[06:10] | Hey, remind me to tell you about Beta-Sitosterol. | 记得提醒我跟你说贝塔植固醇 |
[06:13] | Beta-what? | 贝塔什么? |
[06:14] | Sitosterol. It’s a natural prostate supplement. | 植固醇 |
[06:17] | Uh-huh. And you know about this how? | 那是天然的前列腺保养品 你怎么会知道这种东西? |
[06:22] | Well, I… | 这个嘛… |
[06:23] | I told Martin you were having some problems… | 我跟马丁说你底下那儿有些问题 |
[06:25] | down there, and he recommended it. | 他推荐的 |
[06:27] | Really? So then I assume | 是喔?那我猜测 |
[06:29] | that your fella’s got similar problems down there. | 你的男人底下也有类似问题罗 |
[06:32] | Yes, Dad. My fella does. | 对 爸 我的男人也是 |
[06:36] | He swears by the supplement. | 他挂保证强力推荐 |
[06:37] | Says it really helps him from having to get up a lot during the night. | 说很有帮助 半夜不用一直起来跑厕所 |
[06:40] | Okay. Well, please thank him for me and I’ll look into it. | 那好吧 请帮我谢谢他 我会去研究 |
[06:43] | Or you can thank him yourself. | 或是你可以当面谢谢他 |
[06:45] | Sure, but not while we’re eating. | 当然 但不会是在吃饭那时 |
[06:47] | That’s when we’ll talk about walk-in bathtubs. | 因为要讨论给老人用的走入式浴缸 |
[06:50] | By the way, you tell your mother | 对了 |
[06:52] | about your personal life and you don’t tell me. | 你跟你妈说你的私人生活 却没跟我说 |
[06:54] | That hurts my feelings. | 我很受伤 |
[06:56] | – Oh, come on, Dad. – No, no. | -干嘛这样 爸 -不要… |
[06:58] | No. That’s all I have to say on the subject. | 这个主题说到这里就好 |
[07:03] | Uh… Gonna need a minute! | 还需要一下子喔 |
[07:05] | Hm. | |
[07:07] | – God damn it! – Where are you going? | -可恶 -你要去哪里? |
[07:09] | To use that fucking gender-neutral bathroom at Café Gratitude. | 去感恩咖啡店用性别友善厕所 |
[07:16] | Strange, isn’t it? | 很怪吧? |
[07:18] | Well, it’s strange and… and wonderful. | 很怪又很美妙 |
[07:22] | It’s like no time has passed, | 感觉时间在这当中没有流逝 |
[07:24] | we’re just continuing a conversation that we started 50 years ago. | 我们继续50年前开始的对话 |
[07:28] | – Dot, dot, dot, dot, dot, dot, dot, dot… – What? | -点点点 -什么? |
[07:30] | The longest ellipsis in history. | 历史上最长的删节号 |
[07:37] | In the meantime, you had a good life? | 在此同时 你过得好吗? |
[07:40] | Yeah, very good. | 是啊 |
[07:42] | Ah. | 非常好 |
[07:43] | And you? | 你呢? |
[07:45] | Can’t complain. | 没得抱怨 |
[07:49] | Well, actually that’s not true, um… | 其实不真是那样 |
[07:53] | Christopher was sick for a very long time. | 克里斯多福病了很长一段时间 |
[07:57] | My Eileen went through the same thing. | 我的艾琳也经历了同样的事 |
[08:01] | I didn’t think there was any more happiness left for me. | 我本来以为自己再也快乐不起来了 |
[08:06] | I know how you feel. | 我知道你的感受 |
[08:12] | Some cowboys we are. | 我们算是哪门子牛仔啊 |
[08:15] | Weepin’ on the ol’ prairie. | 在牧场上哭泣 |
[08:25] | So, these ducks. Are they migratory or do they just live here? | 这些鸭子是候鸟 还是住这儿? |
[08:29] | You know, indigenous? | 原生种这样 |
[08:35] | I have a question for you. | -我有问题要问你 |
[08:37] | Hm? What? | -什么问题? |
[08:41] | How am I gonna get back on that fucking horse? | 我要怎么再骑到马背上啊? |
[08:54] | Way to go, Mindy. Couldn’t pick a rich guy. | 真有你的 敏迪 没挑到有钱人 |
[09:09] | Sandy, welcome! | 山迪 欢迎 |
[09:11] | Hi. | 你好 |
[09:12] | Hi! | 你好啊 |
[09:13] | I’m Martin. Please, come in! | 我是马丁 |
[09:17] | Whew! Nice car. | 快请进 车子很棒 |
[09:20] | – Uh… I brought a chardonnay… – Oh! | 我带了一瓶“夏内多” |
[09:22] | – Great, thank you. – It’s from Washington State. | -太棒了 谢谢你 -华盛顿州来的 |
[09:24] | The checkout guy at Trader Joe’s said it’s pretty good. | 连锁超市的收银员说很好喝 |
[09:26] | Cool. | 酷喔 |
[09:27] | You ever need a single malt, I got a bag boy at Costco. | 如果你哪天需要单一麦芽威士忌 我在好市多有个狠角色 |
[09:30] | Kid’s a bit of an alkie, but, uh… really knows his stuff. | 那小子虽是酒鬼 但是很内行 |
[09:33] | – Cool. – Yes. | -酷喔 -是啊 |
[09:34] | Hey, Dad. Be right there. | 爸 我马上来 |
[09:36] | Take your time. | 你慢慢来 |
[09:38] | Hm. | |
[09:41] | I like your home. It’s, uh… | 我喜欢府上 很… |
[09:43] | It’s very cozy. | 很舒适 谢谢你 |
[09:44] | Uh… Thank you. Yeah. Kind of… | 是啦 这两年… |
[09:47] | Really kinda let it go in the last couple of years, | 有点疏于照顾 |
[09:49] | but your daughter’s really helped me zhuzh it up again. | 但是令嫒帮我重新整理了起来 |
[09:52] | – Yes, so the throw pillows… – Throw pillows, her. | -是 所以有抱枕 -抱枕是她的手笔 |
[09:54] | – Candles… – Candles are mine. | -蜡烛… -蜡烛是我的手笔 |
[09:56] | – I make them. – Oh. | 我做的 是喔? |
[09:58] | I’m an artsy-craftsy kind of guy. Got a potter’s wheel in the garage. | 我还挺爱做手工艺的 车库里还有陶轮 |
[10:02] | – Ah. – Hey, you ever need a vase, don’t be shy. | 如果需要花瓶 千万别客气 |
[10:05] | That’s good to know. | 很高兴知道这件事 |
[10:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:11] | – What do you say we open this sucker up? – Sounds good. | 要把这瓶酒打开吗? |
[10:14] | Okay. | -就这么办 -好 |
[10:17] | Oh, she brought her cats. | 她把猫带来啦? |
[10:19] | No, actually the… The big, fat white one is mine. | 不是 |
[10:21] | – Hm. – Name’s Whitey. | 其实白色大胖猫是我的 叫做白仔 |
[10:23] | I have to be so careful when I call him. | 叫它名字 很怕被人误会是歧视 |
[10:27] | How long have you been here? | 你住这儿多久了? |
[10:29] | Uh, let’s see, rented for a few years | 我想想 先是租了几年 |
[10:31] | and then bought the place in 1986. | 然后在1986年买下 |
[10:35] | 1986. | 1986年 |
[10:38] | That was the year Mindy was born. | 敏迪在那一年出生 |
[10:41] | Whew. | |
[10:42] | – Sorry. – No, no. Don’t be silly. | -抱歉 -快别这么说 |
[10:45] | – It’s weird. – Very weird. | -是很怪 -非常怪 |
[10:49] | Holy fuck, is it weird. | 要死了 怪到家了 |
[10:52] | In all seriousness, Sandy, I… | 天地良心 山迪 我… |
[10:55] | I wasn’t looking for this. | 我无意这样做 |
[10:57] | – It just happened. – Yeah, that’s what shit does. | -就是发生了 -对 鸟事也是这样 |
[11:00] | It happens. Shit happens. | 这很自然 人生鸟事多 |
[11:02] | Mindy actually made the first move. | 其实是敏迪主动 |
[11:05] | I would never be bold enough to ask out a woman half my age. | 我才不敢去约年纪只有我一半的女人 |
[11:09] | That does take a set of balls. | 那真的要很有种才行 |
[11:10] | And not the kind that get all twisted if you sit funny. | 而且不是坐姿怪怪 就会扭在一起的卵蛋 |
[11:14] | Never, huh? | 你从没那样过啊? |
[11:16] | Just me. Okay. All right. | 只有我这样 那好 |
[11:20] | What’s in all the boxes? | 这些箱子是装什么? |
[11:21] | Oh! Those are books. I wrote a book. | 是书 我写书 |
[11:24] | No kidding? Congratulations. | 真的?恭喜 |
[11:26] | What’s it about? | 是写什么的? |
[11:28] | It’s a young adult novel | 给轻熟龄族群看的小说 |
[11:29] | about an awkward teenager who’s hitting puberty | 讲述一个进入青春期的尴尬青少年 |
[11:31] | right in the middle of the Cuban missile crisis, 1962. | 背景是在1962年古巴飞弹危机 |
[11:35] | Is it autobiographical? | 是自传体裁吗? |
[11:37] | Except for the part where he sleeps with his cousin. | 唯独和他表弟睡觉那段不是 |
[11:39] | My cousin, I just felt up a little. | 我只有对表弟伸出咸猪手而已 |
[11:42] | Who published it? | 是谁出版的? |
[11:43] | Uh… I did. | 我自己 |
[11:46] | – Okay. – You want one? | -好喔 -你要一本吗? |
[11:48] | Sure, yeah, thank you, yeah. | 当然 好 谢谢你 |
[11:49] | Take 20. Makes a great stocking stuffer. | 拿20本吧 用来当小礼物正好 |
[11:53] | – Everybody getting along? – You bet. | -两位还处得来吗? -那可不 |
[11:55] | Oh, yeah, just great. | 是啊 很棒 |
[11:56] | Here we go, Sandy. | 给你 山迪 |
[11:59] | – Thank you. – And that’s for you, sweetie. | -谢谢你 -这杯给你 美女 |
[12:01] | Thank you, honey. | 谢谢你 帅哥 |
[12:02] | I see you’ve got a copy of Autumn for Epstein. | 我看到你拿了《爱普斯坦之秋》 |
[12:05] | Yeah, I… I got a few. | 是啊 我拿了几本 |
[12:07] | Hey, you never told me how the two of you met. | 你都没说你们是怎么认识的 |
[12:10] | – Oh! – Oh. It was really romantic. | 很浪漫 |
[12:12] | We met at Vroman’s Bookstore in Pasadena at a book signing. | 我们是在帕沙第纳 卜洛门书店的签书会上认识 |
[12:16] | Nice. For your book? | 赞喔 是你的书? |
[12:18] | Uh, no. Uh, Jonathan Franzen. | 不是 是强纳森法兰岑 |
[12:20] | Oh, yeah, he’s a good writer. | 对 他是很棒的作家 |
[12:22] | Okay, he’s fine. | 好吧 他还可以 |
[12:23] | – Uh, how about a little toast? – Oh. | 来举杯祝贺一下吧 |
[12:25] | Uh… | |
[12:27] | To my sassy lady. | 敬我的野蛮女友 |
[12:28] | Sassy? Really? | 野蛮?你认真? |
[12:31] | – What’s wrong with sassy? – Yeah, it’s a good word. | -野蛮有什么不好? -对啊 用在这里很好 |
[12:33] | Oh. Okay. Yeah, no. Well, never mind. It’s fine. | 是啦 没关系 无所谓 |
[12:36] | Sassy. | 野蛮 |
[12:37] | To my sassy lady, I love you more than words can say. | 敬我的野蛮女友 我对你的爱超过言语所能形容 |
[12:40] | Ugh. You’re such a cornball. | 你真的很老套耶 |
[12:42] | Isn’t he a cornball? | 他是不是很老套? |
[12:44] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[12:46] | And to Sandy, in the words of Rick Blaine, | 也要敬山迪 套一句瑞克布莱恩说的话 |
[12:49] | I hope this is the beginning | “我希望这是美妙友谊的开始” |
[12:51] | – of a beautiful friendship. – Aww. | |
[12:53] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[12:54] | – Cheers. | – Cheers. |
[12:59] | Hm. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[13:00] | – Huh. – Who’s Rick Blaine? | 谁是瑞克布莱恩? |
[13:01] | Humphrey Bogart. | 亨佛莱鲍嘉演的角色 当然 |
[13:03] | Oh. Sure. He’s dead, right? | 他死了 对吧? |
[13:05] | Oh, yeah. Very much so. | 是啊 死得差不多了 |
[13:07] | – Let’s eat. – Yeah. | -我们吃饭吧 -好 |
[13:09] | So, Martin, I hear you met Mindy’s mom. | 马丁 我听说你见过敏迪的妈 |
[13:12] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[13:18] | Fish okay? Not too dry? | 鱼还可以吗?不会太干? |
[13:19] | No, everything’s delicious. Thank you. | 不会 都很美味 谢谢你 |
[13:23] | How’s the tush? | 屁股怎么样? |
[13:24] | You know… | 说来呢… |
[13:26] | I actually think it’s angry with me | 我真的觉得它在不爽我 |
[13:28] | as if I’ve betrayed it by bouncing up and down on Nancy. | 在南希身上跳来跳去 活像我背叛它一样 |
[13:33] | Does protocol dictate now that I inquire about your tush? | 按照一般流程 我现在要询问你的屁股吗? |
[13:37] | Oh… Only if you’re concerned. | 你关心的话才需要问 |
[13:40] | You know… | 其实呢… |
[13:42] | I believe I am. | 我相信我关心 |
[13:45] | It’s fine. Thank you for asking. | 没事 多谢你问 |
[13:48] | Good! Please send my regards. | 那就好 请帮我问候它 |
[13:55] | Maybe you should send them yourself. | 或许你应该亲自问候一下 |
[13:58] | Um… | |
[13:59] | I… | |
[14:01] | Mm. | |
[14:03] | – Uhhhh… – Hm. | |
[14:13] | So Mindy tells me that you recently retired. | 敏迪说你最近退休 |
[14:16] | Yep. | 对 |
[14:17] | I taught English and history in LA’s-school system, 38 years. | 我在洛杉矶的学校体系 |
[14:21] | – Whoa. You must’ve really loved it. – You’d think. | 教了38年的英文和历史 -你一定很爱这份工作 |
[14:24] | Oh… Come on! | -其实没有 得了吧 |
[14:26] | One of his students is a state senator. | 他有个学生是州参议员 |
[14:28] | And another one is a CEO for a Fortune 500 company. | 还有一个是 财星前五百大公司的执行长 |
[14:32] | And don’t forget one prize student | 也别忘了有个杰出学生 |
[14:34] | currently on death row in Texas. | 正在德州等待执行死刑 |
[14:37] | How is your chicken Marsala? | 马沙拉酒炖鸡怎么样? |
[14:38] | – It’s great! – It’s not too garlicky? | -很棒啊 -蒜味不会太重吗? |
[14:40] | – I like it spicy. – Me too, | -我喜欢吃辣 -我也是 |
[14:42] | but always seem to pay the price afterwards. | 但总是感觉之后要付出代价 |
[14:44] | One Prilosec, two Tums | 一颗乐酸克 两颗中和胃酸钙片 |
[14:46] | and a pillow that elevates your shoulders while you’re sleeping. | 加上睡觉时用枕头垫高肩膀 |
[14:49] | – Really? – Trust me. | -是喔? |
[14:53] | – A-ha! – Hm. | -相信我 |
[14:54] | Now what’s the deal with this beta, uh… sister-solay… | 说到那个贝塔…固执… |
[14:58] | Beta-Sitosterol. It’s an over-the-counter supplement. | 贝塔植固醇 成药保健品 |
[15:01] | It’s a little sketchy, but seems to help with the… | 是有点可疑 但感觉有助于… |
[15:05] | Sorry for this. | 不好意思 |
[15:06] | Emptying the bladder once a night instead of four times. | 在夜里一次就清空膀胱 而不用起床尿四次 |
[15:09] | Four times? I wish it was four times. | 四次?但愿只要四次就好 |
[15:11] | Well, give it a try. | 试试看罗 |
[15:12] | It’s that or I sleep with my ass in a salad bowl. | 不然就是屁股坐着沙拉碗睡觉 |
[15:17] | Well, isn’t this nice? You two have something in common. | 是不是很棒?你们两个有共通点 |
[15:20] | Yeah. We’re both fallin’ apart. | 是啊 我们两个都快散掉了 |
[15:22] | Oh, boy. Remember, uh… Walter Brennan? | 怪怪 记得华德白利南吗? |
[15:25] | – Sure. – Sometimes, | -当然 -有时候呢 |
[15:26] | I look in the mirror and that… that’s who I see. | 我照镜子 就是看到他 |
[15:28] | “Somebody get the sheriff!” | “谁快去找警长 |
[15:30] | “The Dalton Gang’s back in town.” | 道尔顿帮又回来了” |
[15:32] | Hey, you know who this is? | 你猜猜我学谁 |
[15:33] | “Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.” | “晚安 卡拉巴许太太 不管你在哪里” |
[15:36] | – Ha-ha! Jimmy Durante! – Bingo! | -吉米杜兰特 |
[15:38] | Aah! | -答对了 |
[15:39] | You don’t know who Jimmy Durante is, do you? | 你不知道吉米杜兰特是谁吧? |
[15:41] | – Is he dead too, or… – They’re all dead. | -他也死了吗?还是… -他们都死了 |
[15:44] | So much in common. | 好多共通点喔 |
[15:46] | Hm! | |
[15:49] | Okay, well, uh… | 好吧 那… |
[15:52] | Thank you, uh, for… a really lovely evening. | 谢谢你带给我这么棒的晚上 |
[15:55] | You are very welcome. | 完全不用客气 |
[15:58] | So, yes. | 那就…好吧 |
[15:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:09] | Well, uh, if you need anything, I’m… I’m not far. I’m just down the hall. | 如果你有什么需要 我就在走廊过去那儿 不远的 |
[16:14] | Okey-dokey. | 好唷 |
[16:17] | Anything at all. | 有任何需要都可以 |
[16:20] | Right-o. | 没问题 |
[16:24] | Well, good night. | 那就晚安了 |
[16:26] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[16:33] | Fuckin’ crazy. | 真是太扯了 |
[16:41] | Whoa! Wait a minute. Whoa, whoa. | 等等 |
[16:43] | You were actually there when they won the World Series? | 他们赢得世界大赛 你真的在场喔? |
[16:45] | Shea Stadium, October 16th, 1969. | 1969年10月16日 谢亚球场 |
[16:49] | I was sitting in the bleachers with my dad. | 我和我爸坐在露天看台 |
[16:51] | Unbelievable. Miracle Mets! | 不可思议 奇迹大都会队 |
[16:53] | Greatest day of my life! | 我这辈子最棒的一天 |
[16:55] | Next to when Mindy was born. | 仅次于敏迪出生 |
[16:57] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[16:57] | Oh, my God. All right, I got one for you. | 天啊 好 我有个厉害的 |
[17:00] | I was at Woodstock. | 我在胡士托音乐节 |
[17:02] | – No! – All four days. | -不会吧 -四天都在 |
[17:04] | Lot of drugs, a lot of mud. | 一堆毒品和泥巴 |
[17:06] | Remember Hendrix? | 记得罕醉克斯吗? |
[17:07] | – “The Star-Spangled Banner”? – Of course. | -献唱“《星条旗》”? -当然 |
[17:09] | Yeah, I missed it. | 对 我错过了 |
[17:10] | I was so high, I couldn’t get out of the Porta-Potty. | 我嗨到走不出流动厕所 |
[17:13] | I swear to God. | 我对天发誓 |
[17:15] | Ah! Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[17:17] | Sorry, I gotta take this. | 抱歉 我得要接这通电话 |
[17:19] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah. | 好… |
[17:22] | This is fun, huh? | 很有乐子吧? |
[17:24] | Yeah, what’s up? | 对 怎么了? |
[17:26] | – Sandy. – Yeah. What’s up? | -山迪 -对 怎么了? |
[17:28] | It’s Norman. | 我是诺曼 |
[17:29] | I got it. What’s up? | 我知道 怎么了? |
[17:31] | – I’m in Santa Barbara. – Okay. | -我在圣巴巴拉 -好喔 |
[17:33] | – With Madelyn. – Keep goin’. | -和梅德琳一起 -继续说 |
[17:35] | I think she expects me to have sex with her tonight. | 我觉得她期待我今晚跟她做爱 |
[17:38] | Congratulations! | 恭喜啊 |
[17:40] | No, no congratulations! | 不对 不要恭喜 |
[17:42] | I haven’t had sex with anybody but Eileen in 46… | 我后来只跟艾琳做过爱 都46… |
[17:46] | no, 47 years! | 不对 47年了 |
[17:48] | Norman, we’ve talked about this. | 诺曼 我们讨论过这件事 |
[17:50] | What do you think… Uh, scratch that. | 你觉得…重来 |
[17:53] | What do you know Eileen most wanted for you? | 你知道艾琳最想要你怎样吗? |
[17:57] | To be happy. | 要我快乐 |
[17:58] | Okay, then. | 那好 |
[17:59] | It seems to me that in order to honor the wishes of your deceased wife, | 我觉得为了完成你亡妻的遗愿 |
[18:04] | you have no choice but to fuck your old girlfriend. | 你别无选择 只能干你的老情人 |
[18:07] | Don’t be crude. | 不要口无遮拦 |
[18:08] | Don’t be a prig. | 不要自命清高 |
[18:10] | What if I can’t? Who the hell knows if the plumbing still works anymore? | 要是我不行呢? 天知道我的水管还通不通? |
[18:13] | It’s probably rusted shut. | 八成都锈到堵住了 |
[18:15] | Okay, all… all right. Well, the plumbing is a different subject. | 好…水管是另一个主题 |
[18:19] | Now… | 我说呢… |
[18:20] | Miss Madelyn, she seems quite fond of you, am I right? | 梅德琳小姐感觉很喜欢你 对吧? |
[18:24] | I would say so, yes. | 我会这样说 对 |
[18:25] | – She’s an attractive woman. – Very. | -她是迷人的女性 -非常迷人 |
[18:28] | And I take it, with homes in New York, in London, in Santa Barbara, | 我想既然在纽约 伦敦和圣巴巴拉都有房子 |
[18:31] | she can be considered quite well-to-do. | 她可以被认为是经济非常宽裕 |
[18:33] | Sandy, I would give you a number, but you would leap to your death. | 山迪 我可以说数字给你听 但你会被吓死 |
[18:37] | So, given everything that we know about Madelyn, | 所以综观我们对梅德琳的了解 |
[18:40] | does she need to hunt down someone like you in order to get laid? | 她为了找到人做爱 |
[18:45] | Um… | 要花这么多工夫 在你这样的人身上吗? |
[18:46] | I would say no, she could probably, almost certainly do better. | 我会说不用 随便她挑 十之八九都强过我 |
[18:50] | I would agree. | 我也同意 |
[18:53] | – Still the thought of disappointing her… – Norman, | -但我一想到会让她失望… -诺曼 |
[18:56] | uh, you once told me that the first lesson an agent has to learn | 你跟我说过当经纪人 |
[19:00] | is that the truth is a good fallback position. | 需要学习的第一课就是 事实是很好的退路 |
[19:04] | So instead of freaking yourself out, | 所以不要自己吓死自己 |
[19:06] | why not try that with Madelyn? | 何不试着跟梅德琳说? |
[19:08] | You mean tell her I’m insecure about my ability to perform? | 你是说告诉她 我怕自己没有能力满足她? |
[19:11] | What kind of a man tells a woman that? | 哪有男人会跟女人那样说啊? |
[19:14] | An 80-year-old man who’s at peace with himself, | 80岁的男人 这一辈子已经完满了 |
[19:18] | who’s had more than his share of… | 算起来已经有多到数不清的… |
[19:20] | fornicating and has nothing left to prove. | 苟且私通 也不用再去证明什么 |
[19:24] | Good point. What do I have to prove? | 有道理 我还要证明什么呢? |
[19:27] | You have thrust your dagger enough for ten men. | 你捅匕首的次数 足够十个男人拿去分 |
[19:30] | It’s more of a sword than a dagger. | 说是匕首 其实更像长剑 |
[19:33] | If you say so. | 你说是就是 |
[19:34] | And it’s probably better than what I was planning. | 这样八成也好过我原本的打算 |
[19:36] | Which was? | 什么打算? |
[19:37] | Wait till she’s asleep, then drive out to the desert | 等她睡着 开车去沙漠 |
[19:40] | where I vanish, never to be seen or heard from again. | 然后消失 |
[19:42] | Let’s stick a pin in that one, all right? | 从此无声无息 这招留着以后再用罗 |
[19:45] | Listen, I gotta go. | 听着 我得要挂电话了 |
[19:46] | Wait, wait, wait! How’s it going with the geriatric boyfriend? | 等等 和那个大龄男友吃得如何? |
[19:50] | I actually like the guy. | 我其实很喜欢他 |
[19:52] | Well, that’s nice. More than me? | 真好 胜过喜欢我? |
[19:54] | No, you? You’ll always be my first love. | 没有 你永远都会是我的初恋 |
[19:57] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:58] | Remember, ride the horse in the direction it is going. | 记住 顺着马前进的方向骑 |
[20:01] | Already did that. | 我已经做了 |
[20:02] | You know you have to kick it first? | 你知道还要先踢马才行吗? |
[20:04] | Good night, Norman. | 晚安 诺曼 |
[20:06] | I’m confused because I thought you wanted us to get along. | 我被搞迷糊了 我以为你要我们合得来 |
[20:10] | Yeah. Get along. Not be bosom fucking buddies. | 对 是合得来 不是变成死党 |
[20:13] | Okay, you know what? When he comes back, I’ll be a prick to him. | 好 不然这样吧? 等他回来 我会故意很机车 |
[20:15] | Hey, Marty. | 马丁啊 |
[20:19] | You want to blow a joint? | 要不要哈一根? |
[20:21] | Do I? | 这还用问? |
[20:40] | Norman. | 诺曼 |
[20:41] | It’s been a long time since I’ve been with anybody other than Eileen, and we had a… | 我已经好久没跟过别人 除了艾琳之外 |
[20:45] | we had a very specific routine worked out. | 而且我们也有很特定的程序 |
[20:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:50] | Also, you know, I’m 80 years old and there’s that. | 再说我已经80岁了 还有这一点 |
[20:54] | My darling, I don’t care if anything happens. | 亲爱的 我不介意有没有做 |
[20:56] | I just want to be with you. | 我只是想要和你在一起 |
[20:57] | – Are you sure? – Absolutely. | -你确定? -当然 |
[21:05] | Norman? | 诺曼? |
[21:07] | Norman? | |
[21:10] | Oh! | |
[21:14] | Is it okay if I sleep on the right side of the bed? | 我可以睡在床的右边吗? |
[21:16] | Uh… | |
[21:18] | Jeez, I don’t know. That’s… That’s where I sleep. | 天啊 不知道耶 我也是睡右边 |
[21:20] | Well, you better think it over. It’s kind of a deal breaker. | 那你最好想一想 不然可能破局 |
[21:23] | Boy, you drive a hard bargain. | 怪怪 你的底线好硬 |
[21:25] | And don’t say “hard.” | 还有不要说“硬”这个字 |
[21:29] | I guess I’ll try. | 我猜我可以试试看 |
[21:52] | I think I’m gonna cry again. | 我觉得我又要哭了 |
[21:54] | Me too. | 我也是 |