时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | I get why you wouldn’t want to live with your daughter and the ponytail, | 我懂你为什么不想跟你女儿 和那个马尾男住在一起 |
[00:22] | but why not come stay with me? | 但怎么不来跟我住?我家多得是房间 |
[00:24] | I’ve got plenty of room. | |
[00:25] | Thank you. I appreciate the offer, but I like being in my own home. | 谢谢你 感激提议 但我喜欢住自己家 |
[00:29] | What about your propensity to, uh… | 话说你那个癖好怎么办? |
[00:32] | How shall we call it? Swoon. | 该怎么称呼呢?昏厥 |
[00:33] | It’s not a problem. | 那不成问题 |
[00:35] | I just have to take my iron supplements. | 只要吃补铁的保健食品就好 |
[00:37] | You know those cause constipation. | 你知道吃那些东西会便秘 |
[00:39] | Well, I’ve got supplements for that, too. | 是啦 也有保健食品可以吃便秘 |
[00:41] | Your stool turns black. | 你的大便会变成黑色 |
[00:44] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[00:45] | It matches my mood. | 吻合我的心情 |
[00:47] | You’re being foolish. I’m not just offering you a home, | 你这是故意唱反调 我不只是要给你一个家 |
[00:50] | I’m offering you companionship. | 也是提供你陪伴 |
[00:52] | – What we got right here? – Yeah. | -你说像是现在这样? -对 |
[00:53] | That’s enough companionship for me. | 像这样的陪伴就够了 |
[00:55] | More than that, I feel like I’m in a bad sitcom. | 再多就会觉得像在演难看的情境喜剧 |
[00:58] | Or classic literature. | 或是古典文学 |
[01:00] | How do you figure? | 此话怎讲? |
[01:01] | We sit in my living room, we wait for someone who never shows up. | 我们坐在我家客厅 等待绝对不会出现的人 |
[01:04] | Instead of Garry Marshall, it’s Samuel Beckett. | 不是盖瑞马歇尔的喜剧 而是《等待果陀》 |
[01:08] | Well, thank you, but I’m… I’m staying in my house. | 谢谢你 但我要住自己家 |
[01:10] | Fine. Be alone. Shit charcoal briquettes. | 无所谓 独居吧 拉屎拉炭块 |
[01:13] | – None of my business. – Mm. | 我管不着 |
[01:18] | – What are you doing? – What? | -你在干嘛? -怎样? |
[01:20] | You’re in a fight for your life and you’re eating Cheetos? | 你面临生死奋战 结果还吃玉米棒? |
[01:23] | Oh, leave me alone, will you? I enjoy them. | 别管我啦 我很爱吃这个 |
[01:25] | You know who else enjoys Cheetos? | 你知道还有谁爱吃玉米棒吗? |
[01:28] | Cancer! | 癌症! |
[01:29] | And you wonder why I don’t wanna live with you? | 你还纳闷我怎么不想跟你住喔? |
[01:31] | Chips! Chips! Chips! Chips! Chips! | 洋芋片! |
[01:34] | Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! Take it easy. | 喂 小心点 |
[01:36] | Shut up! | 闭嘴啦! |
[01:38] | Anybody in charge of this brat? | 这个小捣蛋是谁家的孩子? |
[01:40] | You know what? Leave it alone. | 我跟你说 算了啦 |
[01:42] | Wait. Hang on, hang on, hang on. Hey, hey. | 等等… |
[01:44] | You need to pick all of this up and put it back. | 你需要把这些都拿起来 好好放回去 |
[01:47] | No! | 不要! |
[01:48] | Don’t tell me no. Clean up this mess and… | 不能说不要 |
[01:51] | Ow! | 自己弄乱自己清… |
[01:53] | Goddamn it! | 要死了 |
[01:57] | Hey, hey, hey, hey. | 喂! |
[01:58] | You need to calm the fuck down. Give it! | 你需要冷静下来 给我 |
[02:01] | Get your hands off my child! | 不要碰我的小孩! |
[02:03] | Well, you get your child under control! | 那你就好控制住你的小孩 |
[02:05] | Sandy, please walk away. | 山迪 我拜托你算了 |
[02:08] | I’m calling the police. | 我要报警 |
[02:10] | I’m calling the police. | 我才要报警 |
[02:11] | Your little psychopath threw a can of Pringles at me. | 你的小神经病拿洋芋片罐丢我 |
[02:14] | Walk away, Sandy. Come on, walk away. | 算了啦…山迪 走了 |
[02:17] | My husband is a lawyer. We’re gonna sue you. | 我先生是律师 我们要告你 |
[02:20] | You see this guy here? | 你有看到这一位吗? |
[02:21] | He’s a lawyer. And he saw your kid assault me. | 他是律师 他也看到你的孩子攻击我 |
[02:24] | Entertainment lawyer. Contracts, mostly. | 演艺圈的律师 主要处理合约 |
[02:26] | So, come on. You sue me, I sue you, let’s see who wins. | 来啊 你告我 我告你 看是谁会赢 |
[02:30] | What is wrong with you? | 你有什么毛病啊? |
[02:31] | Madam! Ma… Your child. | 女士…你的孩子 |
[02:34] | This isn’t over. | 这件事还没完唷 |
[02:35] | Don’t make any more kids! You’re bad at it! | 不要再生小孩了 你很逊 |
[02:38] | – Montana! Montana! – Come on, come on, let’s go. | -蒙大拿… -好了 我们走 |
[02:40] | Can you believe that? If I acted like that when I was a kid, | 岂有此理 我小时候如果像是那样 |
[02:43] | my mom would’ve slapped the snot out of me. | 一定会被我妈打个半死 |
[02:45] | Calm down. Eat a Cheeto. | 冷静点 吃玉米棒 剧名:第 16 章:希坦来到 |
[02:56] | I would never dare to say this to a woman, | 我绝对不敢跟女人这样说 |
[02:59] | but I’ll say it to you. | 但我要跟你说 |
[03:00] | I think the medication you’re on | 我觉得你在吃的药 |
[03:02] | is causing you to behave in a premenstrual fashion. | 正造成你展现出类似停经前的行为 |
[03:06] | Blow me. | 吹我啊 |
[03:08] | Change of subject. | 换个主题 |
[03:10] | Please. | 拜托 |
[03:11] | The partners in my agency have offered to buy me out. | 我的经纪公司的合伙人 提议要买断我的股权 |
[03:14] | Really? How much money are we talking about? | 是喔?所以是多少钱? |
[03:17] | Oof! I couldn’t tell you the actual number. | 我不能告诉你实际数字 |
[03:19] | You’re too frail. | 你太虚弱 |
[03:21] | But I will say I’m entertaining it. | 但我可以说我考虑接受 |
[03:24] | You gonna retire? | 你要退休喔? |
[03:26] | I thought you said that was a death sentence. | 我以为你说退休等于被判死刑 |
[03:29] | It is. Without a purpose in life, | 是啊 没了人生的目的 |
[03:31] | men like us are two or three Clive Cussler books away from the grave. | 我们这种人与坟墓的距离 只差两或三本克莱夫卡斯勒的小说 |
[03:34] | I happen to like his books. | 我正好喜欢看他写的书 |
[03:36] | That’s fine. Just… read slow. | 没关系 就…看慢一点 |
[03:41] | So, uh, if you retire from the talent agency, uh… | 那如果你从演艺经纪公司退休 |
[03:44] | what’s your purpose? | 人生目的是什么? |
[03:45] | Honestly? | 老实说呢… |
[03:47] | I believe the next step for me is the journey inward. | 我相信对我来说的下一步 |
[03:49] | Aw. | 是往内心去追寻 |
[03:50] | The spiritual path. | 灵性的道路 |
[03:52] | So, what? You’re gonna go into some ashram in India? | 所以你要去印度的静修所喔? |
[03:55] | Maybe I will. We’ll see. | 或许喔 到时看状况 |
[03:58] | There’s an old saying that when the student is ready, | 有一句俗话说 人能至心求道 |
[04:01] | the teacher arrives. | 明师自会显现 |
[04:02] | – And you think you’re ready? – I do. | -你觉得自己准备好了? -是啊 |
[04:05] | And the teacher is… | 那老师是? |
[04:07] | I’ll know him or her when I meet them. | 遇到就会知道了 |
[04:10] | Cool. | 酷喔 |
[04:11] | – Yeah? – Yeah, really. Yeah. | -是吗? -是啊…真的 |
[04:13] | I hope you find the answers you seek. | 我希望你找到你追求的答案 |
[04:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:20] | I’ve often thought that this world is just a dream that God is having… | 我常觉得这个世界只是老天做的梦 |
[04:23] | You’re not the teacher. | 你不是那个老师 |
[04:26] | Or you’re not ready. | 或是你还没准备好 |
[04:32] | Hey, Mindy. What’s up? | 敏迪 怎么啦? |
[04:34] | I just picked up some groceries on my way home. | 我刚去买杂货 正在回家路上 |
[04:38] | Yeah, I remember what the doctor said. Norman’s driving me. | 对 我记得医师的嘱咐 诺曼开车载我 |
[04:43] | He is. | 真是他开车啊 |
[04:45] | She doesn’t believe me. Say something. | 她不信 你说话 |
[04:48] | You’re such a dick. | 你真的很欠揍 |
[04:50] | I swear he’s driving. | 我发誓是他开车 |
[04:53] | Uh, sure. About half an hour? | 当然 半小时? |
[04:57] | Can I ask what it’s about? | 可以问是关于什么吗? |
[04:59] | Okay. All right. Well, I’ll see you then. | 好 |
[05:02] | Huh. | 那就见面说 |
[05:03] | What? | 怎么了? |
[05:04] | She wants to talk to me, but won’t say about what. | 她有话要找我说 但又不明说 |
[05:08] | You don’t think she wants to marry Old Man Shitty Pants? | 该不会是她要嫁给大便失禁老头吧? |
[05:11] | You joke, but that would make me very happy. | 你拿来开玩笑 但若真这样我会很开心 |
[05:14] | Sure. You’d have a son-in-law you could beat in a foot race. | 当然 有了竞走会输给你的女婿 |
[05:18] | Oh, yeah, they’re gonna love you at the ashram. | 是啊 你在静修所一定大受欢迎 |
[05:26] | Oh, good, you’re home. | 很好 你回家了 |
[05:28] | Why? What’s happening? Am I interrupting a robbery? | 干嘛?怎么了?我妨碍到抢劫吗? |
[05:31] | Uh, no, but I do have a surprise for you. | 不是 但我有个惊喜要给你 |
[05:33] | Robbie, come say hi. | 罗比 过来问好 |
[05:37] | Hi, Grandpa. | -外公好 |
[05:38] | Robbie. | -罗比 |
[05:40] | It’s so good to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[05:41] | Good to see you, too. What are you doing here? | 我也是 你怎么会在这里? |
[05:43] | I came to visit. | 我来探亲罗 |
[05:44] | I thought I was persona non grata. | 我以为我是不受欢迎人物 |
[05:46] | You were. And so was Mom. | 你本来是啊 还有妈也是 |
[05:49] | Which is why I left the church. | 所以我离开了教会 |
[05:52] | Really? You quit the Scientology? | 是喔?你脱离山达基了? |
[05:54] | Yeah. I decided I no longer wanted to be part | 对 我决定我不再想要参与 |
[05:56] | of an organization that would keep me from you guys. | 不让我跟你们在一起的组织 |
[05:58] | Isn’t it great, Daddy? We’re a family again. | 是不是很棒 爹地? 我们又是一家人了 |
[06:01] | Yeah, it’s… it’s wonderful. | 对 太棒了 |
[06:03] | Uh… Your father was okay with you quitting? | 你的父亲对你脱离教会没意见吗? |
[06:06] | Oh… You didn’t hear? | 你没听说喔? |
[06:08] | He dropped his body a few months ago. | 他几个月前脱掉了躯壳 |
[06:11] | He dropped what? | 他脱掉什么? |
[06:12] | He passed away, Daddy. | 他过世了 爹地 |
[06:14] | Oh, that’s horrible. I’m… I’m so sorry. | 真糟糕 我非常遗憾 |
[06:16] | No, it’s okay. His work in the MEST universe was done. | 没关系 他已经完成了 在MEST宇宙的工作 |
[06:20] | I’m sorry, uh, “MEST”? | 抱歉 什么MEST? |
[06:21] | Oh. Matter, energy, space and time. | 物质、能量、空间和时间 |
[06:24] | – Ah. – We call it MEST. | 我们称之为MEST |
[06:25] | – Ah. – But there’s no reason to be griefy. | 但没有理由要去哀伤 |
[06:27] | Greg is a fully exteriorized Operating Thetan. | 格瑞是完全外化运作中的希坦 |
[06:30] | If anything, his meat body was holding him back | 真要说起来 也是他的肉身 |
[06:32] | from fully mocking up his postulates. | 妨碍他独立于物质之外 |
[06:35] | Are you following any of this? | 你听得懂这些吗? |
[06:37] | Greg’s dead. | 格瑞死了 |
[06:38] | Robbie’s home. | 罗比回家了 |
[06:41] | Don’t tell me. | 让我先猜 |
[06:43] | You guys are getting married. | 你们要结婚了 |
[06:44] | What? | 什么? |
[06:45] | Martin, you have my permission to marry my daughter. | 马丁 我允许你娶我女儿 |
[06:48] | Hey, stay out of my life! | 喂 不要干涉我的人生 |
[06:50] | What? You said you wanted to talk. | 什么?是你说要聊天的 |
[06:51] | Not about getting married. | 不是聊结婚 |
[06:53] | I… I did ask, Sandy. Believe me. | 我有问过 山迪 相信我 |
[06:55] | Martin, not now. | 马丁 别挑现在 |
[06:57] | So you did propose? | 所以你真有求婚? |
[06:58] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:59] | I got down on my titanium knee and everything. | 用钛合金人工膝关节下跪等等的 |
[07:02] | You had that operation? | 你动过那个手术喔? |
[07:03] | Everybody I’ve talked to said it’s a godsend. | 我问过的人都说那是天赐的礼物 |
[07:05] | Oh, totally worth it. Are you thinkin’ about it? | 完全值得 你正在考虑吗? |
[07:07] | Yeah, for my hip. There’s days where it’s just agony. | 是啊 要换髋关节 有时真是痛得要死 |
[07:10] | – That was my knee. – Excuse me. | -我的膝盖之前就是那样 -抱歉 |
[07:12] | Can we talk about your crappy joints some other time? | 可以改天再聊你们的烂关节吗? |
[07:14] | Uh, just one more thing. | 再说一件事就好 |
[07:15] | The worst part is the rehab, but you’ve gotta do it. | 最惨的是复健 但一定要做 |
[07:19] | – Painful? – Excruciating. | -很痛吗? -痛到骨子里 |
[07:20] | But they had me up and walking first day. | 但他们让我在第一天就能站能走 |
[07:22] | – Incredible. – Yeah, it’s really… It’s a miracle. | -不可思议 -是啊 真的是奇迹 |
[07:24] | Oh, come on! | 好了没有? |
[07:26] | – He’s all yours. – Thank you. | -他都是你的了 -谢谢你 |
[07:32] | I’d like to make some changes at the studio. | 我想要在工作坊做些改变 |
[07:34] | Sure. What do you have in mind? | 当然 你有什么想法? |
[07:36] | Well, I’m thinking of bringing in some working actors | 我想要带入一些现役演员 |
[07:39] | to be like, you know, guest speakers. | 担任客座讲师 |
[07:42] | Okay. Um… | 好喔 |
[07:44] | What would they speak about? | 他们会讲些什么? |
[07:46] | Uh… You know, the basics. | 就是基本的东西 |
[07:47] | Um… scene work, auditioning, finding an agent. | 片场运作、试镜、找经纪人 |
[07:51] | The nuts-and-bolts stuff. | 就是基本要领 |
[07:53] | Isn’t that what I’m doing? | 那不就是我在做的事吗? |
[07:55] | Well, um, kind of, yeah. Um… | 呃…算是啦 对 |
[07:58] | But you have all these things on your plate now, | 但你现在有那么多事情要处理 |
[08:00] | I thought it could be a good chance for you to… | 想说这可以是个好机会 让你… |
[08:03] | take a breather. | 喘口气 |
[08:04] | What makes you think that I want to take a breather? | 何以见得我想要喘口气? |
[08:07] | “Breather’s” not the best word to use with the lung cancer. | 他都肺癌了 不好说成“喘口气”吧 |
[08:09] | I’ve got this. | 交给我处理 |
[08:11] | Dad, | 爸 |
[08:12] | you’re exhausted. | 你累坏了 |
[08:14] | You’ve been missing class, and when you do make it to class, | 缺课不说 当你真有来教课 |
[08:17] | you’re a little erratic. | 却有点荒腔走板 |
[08:19] | Oh, bullshit! Name one time | 乱说 你举例我有哪次 |
[08:21] | I’ve been anything less than 100 percent professional. | 不是展现出百分之百的专业? |
[08:24] | The other day with Lane. | 前几天跟连恩那次 |
[08:27] | You was my brother, Charlie. | 你是我哥 |
[08:29] | You shoulda looked out for me a little bit. | 查理 应该多替我着想一点 |
[08:33] | You… You shoulda taken care of me | 你应该要照顾我才对 |
[08:36] | just a little bit | 多照顾我一点 |
[08:37] | so I wouldn’t have to take them dives for the short-end money. | 我就不用为了眼前的小钱豁出去 |
[08:43] | You don’t understand. I… | 你有所不知 我… |
[08:46] | I coulda had class. | 我原本可以有水准 |
[08:48] | I… I… I could’ve been a contender. | 我原本可以是强敌 |
[08:51] | I could’ve been somebody, | 我原本可以是一号人物 |
[08:53] | instead of a bum which is… which is what I am. | 不像现在是个没用的屁 |
[08:57] | All right. I… I gotta stop you here. | 好 |
[08:58] | Why? | 我得要打断你 为什么? |
[09:00] | Do you have any idea what you’re doing with your hands? | 你知道自己的双手在干嘛吗? |
[09:04] | What about ’em? | 我的手怎么了? |
[09:05] | You’re, uh, flitting. | 你的手在飘甩 |
[09:09] | The character you’re playing is a boxer, a… a longshoreman. | 你饰演的角色是拳手 是码头工人 |
[09:12] | These aren’t the kind of guys who openly, uh, flit. | 不是会公开飘甩手的那种人 |
[09:16] | I’m sorry. I… I don’t follow. | 抱歉 我听不懂 |
[09:19] | Really? | 真的? |
[09:21] | Okay. Can you follow this? | 好 那你听听看这样懂不懂 |
[09:24] | Rock Hudson, Raymond Burr, | 洛赫逊、雷蒙布尔 |
[09:26] | Tony Perkins, Van Johnson, Cary Grant. | 安东尼柏金斯、范强生、卡莱葛伦 |
[09:30] | I mean, the list goes on and on. | 说也说不完 |
[09:31] | I mean, even Marlon Brando, he dipped his toe in. | 甚至马龙白兰度 也都尝试过 |
[09:34] | But they never put their predilection | 但他们从来没有把自己的癖好 |
[09:37] | on screen. | 带到荧幕上 |
[09:39] | Are you saying being gay is a predilection? | 你是说同性恋是一种癖好? |
[09:42] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[09:43] | Is that word against the law now? | 现在说这个词犯法了吗? |
[09:46] | Am I going to PC hell because I said “predilection”? | 因为我说了“癖好” 就要被打入政治不正确的地狱? |
[09:49] | Or should I have said, uh… “hankering”? | 还是我应该要说“渴望”? |
[09:52] | Hankering for dudes? | 渴望男人? |
[09:54] | I don’t care what kind of medication he’s on, he’s being a cunt. | 我懒得管他吃了哪种药 但他真的很贱 |
[09:58] | I was trying to help the kid out. | 我是想要帮助那个小子 |
[10:00] | That kid was so upset, | 那个小子超难过 |
[10:01] | he went in the bathroom and punched a hole in the wall. | 跑进厕所 把墙壁打出一个洞 |
[10:04] | – Good. – How is that good? | -很好 -这哪里好? |
[10:06] | It means he locked his wrist. None of this… You know. | 意思是他手腕定住握拳 不是这样…你知道的 |
[10:09] | Oh, my God. Okay, come on. We’re going. | 天啊 好吧 来 我们走了 |
[10:11] | Yeah, all right. | 好喔… |
[10:12] | I’ll call my knee guy, see if he knows a good hip guy. | 我会打给膝盖医师 看有没有推荐髋关节的好医师 |
[10:14] | – Martin! – I’m coming. | -马丁 -我就来 |
[10:16] | I’m the only one that teaches in my studio. | 只有我能在我的工作坊教课 |
[10:19] | Well, it’s not your studio anymore. | 已经不是你的工作坊 你给我了 |
[10:21] | – You gave it to me. – Martin, how about a little help here? | 马丁 要不要帮一把? |
[10:25] | Please don’t make me choose, okay? | 请不要逼我做选择 好吗? |
[10:31] | So you are not your body or your mind. | 你不是你的身体或心智 |
[10:34] | Those are things that you have, but they’re not who you are. | 那些只是你拥有的东西 但不是真正的你 |
[10:38] | So who am I? | 那我是谁? |
[10:39] | You are pure thought. Spirit. | 你是纯粹的想法 精神灵魂 |
[10:42] | In Scientology, we use the word “theta,” which is the Greek symbol for life. | 我们在山达基是说成“希塔” 这是希腊字 象征生命 |
[10:47] | – Theta? – Right. | -希塔? -对 |
[10:49] | And you are a thetan. | 而你是一个希坦 |
[10:52] | Thetan. | 希坦 |
[10:54] | Well, I’ve been called worse. | 我被骂过更难听的 |
[10:56] | Okay. | 好喔 |
[10:58] | Um, I’ve gotta get to work. | 我得要去上班了 |
[11:01] | You guys gonna be okay? | 你们可以吧? |
[11:02] | We will be fine. | 我们不会有事的 |
[11:03] | Good. | 那好 |
[11:06] | I can’t believe my little boy is home. | 不敢相信我的小儿子回家了 |
[11:10] | – Love you, Mom. – I love you, too. | -爱你喔 妈 -我也爱你 |
[11:14] | – I’ll see you later. – Okay. | -回头见 -好 |
[11:21] | You know, your mom’s doing great. You should be very proud of her. | 你妈现在是好榜样 你应该非常以她为荣 |
[11:24] | I am. | 我是啊 |
[11:26] | She made amends to me. It’s one of the reasons I’m home. | 她对我做了弥补 这也是我回家的原因之一 |
[11:29] | Good. | 很好 |
[11:31] | So explain something to me. | 那你跟我解释一下 |
[11:32] | You say you quit Scientology, but it sounds like you still buy into it. | 你说你脱离山达基 但听起来你还是很相信那一套 |
[11:36] | Oh, I do. | 我是啊 |
[11:37] | The technology developed by LRH is amazing. | LRH研发出的科技很神奇 |
[11:40] | LRH? | LRH是? |
[11:42] | Uh, L Ron Hubbard. | L罗恩贺伯特 |
[11:43] | – Yeah, of course. Like… Like LBJ. – Right. | -对 像是LBJ詹森总统 -是的 |
[11:45] | It’s the organization that I walked away from. | 我是离开那个组织 |
[11:48] | They’ve, uh… | 他们已经走偏了 |
[11:49] | They’ve gotten off purpose. | |
[11:51] | I get that. That’s… That’s why I quit the Elks Club. | 我懂 所以我脱离了麋鹿俱乐部 |
[11:56] | Grandpa… | 外公 |
[11:58] | what if I were to tell you | 如果我跟你说 |
[12:00] | that you could be free of all your past pain? | 你能从过去所有的痛苦 |
[12:04] | All of your loss and suffering that weigh you down | 所有拖累你的失去和受苦 |
[12:07] | and colors how you see the world? | 和你看待世界的有色眼光当中解脱? |
[12:09] | I would say, “What’s the catch?” Because there’s always a catch. | 我会说“哪里有诈?” 因为一定有诈 |
[12:12] | And you would be right to be cynical. | 你愤世嫉俗也是很合理的 |
[12:14] | But what if it’s true? | 但如果真是这样呢? |
[12:16] | What if, freed of our past trauma, | 如果从我们过去的创伤当中解脱 |
[12:19] | our full potential as spiritual beings is restored? | 能够重新恢复我们身为精神存在 完全的潜力呢? |
[12:23] | What if we discovered the truth of who we are? | 如果我们发现了自我身分的真相呢? |
[12:26] | Immortal beings who are smarter, | 不朽的存在 更聪明 |
[12:29] | wiser, more joyful, more loving than anything we could have imagined? | 更智慧、更喜乐、更慈爱 远超过我们所能想像的任何事物呢? |
[12:34] | That sounds pretty good. | 听起来相当好 |
[12:36] | It’s better than pretty good. It’s fan-fucking-tastic. | 比相当好还要更好 好到一个美妙的极致 |
[12:39] | And I know this because I experienced it myself. | 我知道是因为我亲身体验过 |
[12:43] | And that is the only test for truth. | 而真实唯一的考验 |
[12:45] | Is it real for you? | 就是对你来说是不是真的? |
[12:48] | You’re a really terrific salesman. | 你是很棒的推销员 |
[12:51] | I have a terrific product. | 因为我有很棒的产品 |
[12:53] | Excuse me. | 接个电话 |
[12:58] | Sandy, can I call you back? | 山迪 我可以再打给你吗? |
[12:59] | Mindy is using my health as some kind of lame excuse | 敏迪用我的健康当成烂借口 |
[13:03] | to take my studio away from me. | 要把我的工作坊夺走 |
[13:06] | What? That’s terrible. | 什么?太糟糕了 |
[13:08] | Listen, I’m a little busy right now. | 听着 我现在有点忙 |
[13:09] | My grandson’s turning me into a Scientologist. | 我的外孙正在把我变成山达基人 |
[13:12] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么? -是啊 |
[13:13] | I think maybe he’s the teacher. | 我觉得或许他就是那个老师 |
[13:15] | Norman, don’t do anything stupid. | 诺曼 你别做傻事 |
[13:18] | That’s a brainwashing thing. | 那是洗脑的玩意儿 |
[13:20] | Well, maybe my brain needs washing. | 或许我的脑需要洗一洗 |
[13:22] | I’ll talk to you later. | 回头聊 |
[13:24] | Now, as an immortal spirit, would I have any dietary restrictions? | 做为不朽的精神灵魂 我会有什么饮食限制吗? |
[13:29] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[13:30] | Well, can a thetan eat pastrami? | 就是希坦可以吃五香熏牛肉吗? |
[13:33] | ‘Cause I miss it so much. | 因为我想念得发慌 |
[13:38] | Hello? | 喂? |
[13:39] | – Hey, Lis. Hi, it’s Sandy. – I know. | -莉莎 你好 |
[13:42] | Uh… | 我是山迪 –我知道 |
[13:43] | I’m kind of busy right now. Can I call later? | 我现在有点忙 再打给你好吗? |
[13:45] | Yeah, sure, sure. I just needed to vent. | 当然 我只是需要找个出口 |
[13:48] | Well, I’m happy to listen, just, uh… just… | 我很乐意听你说 只是… |
[13:50] | let me… let me finish up here. | 我先把这里处理完 |
[13:52] | What you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[13:54] | Well, uh, to be honest, | 老实说呢 |
[13:56] | I’m trying to sell my house. | 我想要把房子卖掉 |
[13:57] | What? Why? | 什么? 为什么? |
[13:59] | Uh… You know, with… with Matthew gone now, | 马修离家念书 |
[14:01] | there’s, uh… there’s no real reason for me to stay in LA. | 我其实没有理由待在洛杉矶 |
[14:05] | Well… Well, what about, uh… | 这个嘛 那… |
[14:08] | What about me? | 那我呢? |
[14:09] | What about you? | 你怎样? |
[14:10] | Well… | 我以为我们… |
[14:12] | I thought we were, um… | |
[14:14] | We were what? | 我们怎样? |
[14:16] | We were, uh… | 我们…就…很合啊 |
[14:17] | you know, good. | |
[14:20] | I’m looking to clear double what I paid for this house. | 我卖房可望能够净赚一倍 |
[14:22] | You’ll have to do better than good. | 你得要给我一个更好的理由 |
[14:24] | Oh, well, um… | 这个嘛… |
[14:26] | you wanna get married? | 你要结婚吗? |
[14:29] | Really? You’re throwing a Hail Mary pass? | 当真?你放大绝就是了? |
[14:33] | Did you catch it? | 那你接招吗? |
[14:34] | No! | 不行! |
[14:36] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我明天打给你 |
[14:39] | “You wanna get married?” | “你要结婚吗?” |
[14:42] | What is wrong with me? | 我是哪根筋不对啊? (山迪柯敏斯基演艺工作坊) |
[14:46] | When I was driving over here tonight, | 我今晚开车过来的时候 想说能够… |
[14:48] | I was thinking, what can I tell you guys that would be really helpful? | 告诉你们什么 会很有帮助? |
[14:53] | And what hit me was… | 我想到的是 |
[14:54] | there are no secrets in our craft of acting. | 演技这门技艺没有秘密 |
[14:58] | Everything you need to know is available to be known. | 你们需要知道的一切 都晾在那儿 可以被知道 |
[15:01] | You know, Daniel Day-Lewis and Cate Blanchett | 丹尼尔戴路易斯和凯特布兰琪 |
[15:03] | don’t have a book of secret tips. | 没有什么秘诀书 |
[15:05] | Uh, what about Sandy’s book? | 那山迪的书呢? |
[15:07] | Did you already buy it? | 你已经买了吗? |
[15:09] | – Yeah. – Then don’t worry about it. | -对 -不用读得太认真 |
[15:11] | I mean, sure, there are little tricks you learn along the way, | 当然你可以在过程中学到小诀窍 |
[15:14] | like how to pace yourself | 好比如何调整节奏 |
[15:16] | so you have something left when the camera gets in close, | 这样摄影机拍特写的时候 还看得出你有戏 |
[15:19] | or… or who you should suck up to on set. | 或是在片场要拍谁马屁 |
[15:21] | For me, it’s the lighting guys. | 对我来说 是灯光师 |
[15:23] | You piss them off, you wind up looking like turkey jerky. | 惹到他们 你最后拍出来会像是肉干 |
[15:27] | But those are just things you pick up. There’s no art to it. | 但这些事都是边做边学 不是艺术 |
[15:31] | Yeah? | 请说 |
[15:32] | You smoked a lot of cigarettes in… in that movie I, Tonya. | 你在《老娘叫谭雅》片中 抽了很多烟 |
[15:36] | About the skater. | 就是讲溜冰选手的那部电影 |
[15:37] | Were those real? | 是来真的吗? |
[15:39] | No, they were clove cigarettes. | 不是 那些是丁香烟 |
[15:42] | Clove. | 丁香喔 |
[15:43] | Wow. I gotta say, so convincing. | 我得要说 超有说服力的 |
[15:46] | Thank you. | -谢谢你 |
[15:47] | It really… Yeah. | -很有… |
[15:50] | Anyway, what you need to stay focused on, | 说来说去 你们需要保持专注的是 |
[15:52] | the real key to success isn’t doing the work. | 成功真正的关键不是“去演戏” |
[15:57] | I’m sure you’ve heard that a lot, “doing the work,” | 你们一定常听到这句话 “去演戏” |
[15:59] | but what does it mean? What is the work? | 但那是什么意思? 什么是演戏? |
[16:01] | How does an actor bring their character to life? | 演员要怎么让角色活起来? |
[16:05] | Sandy says character development | 山迪说角色的发展 |
[16:06] | can happen from the inside or from the outside. | 可以由内或是由外而发生 |
[16:10] | Isn’t that nice? | 真是那样就好了 |
[16:11] | What I do is start with the script. | 我的方法是从剧本开始 |
[16:14] | I look for clues about my character, not just in her dialogue or actions. | 我去寻找角色的线索 不只是在于对话或行为 |
[16:18] | How do the other characters in the story talk and behave around her? | 也包括故事中其他的角色 有她在的时候会怎么说话和表现 |
[16:22] | Are they afraid? Do they love her? Hate her? | 是害怕吗?是爱她还是恨她? |
[16:24] | Then I ask myself if I can relate to my character. | 然后我会问自己 对我的角色能否有同感 |
[16:27] | If the answer is I do, great. | 如果答案是可以 很棒 |
[16:29] | Then my behavior, my thinking, maybe even the way I speak | 那么我的行为、想法 或许甚而说话的方式 |
[16:32] | might be useful. | 或许会有帮助 |
[16:33] | If the answer is no, I don’t relate, | 答案若是不行 那就不去同感 |
[16:35] | then I ask myself if I know someone like the character I’m supposed to play. | 那我就会问自己是不是认识谁 像是我要演的那个角色 |
[16:38] | And then the obvious next step is to see if I can use that person’s behavior. | 然后明显的下一步就是 我能不能用上那个人的行为… |
[16:42] | I’ve got a question. | 我有问题 |
[16:43] | What happens when mimicry doesn’t get you there? | 如果靠模仿达不到效果怎么办? |
[16:46] | What happens when you actually have to act? | 如果真的要去演戏怎么办? |
[16:49] | Oh, Jesus. God. | 要死了 天啊 |
[16:50] | I mean, I’m just asking. | 我只是想请教 |
[16:52] | I mean, when does the actor’s imagination | 演员的想像力何时会成为 |
[16:55] | become part of the process? | 过程中的一部分? |
[16:57] | Where is the freedom and play | 来自于他或她的 |
[16:59] | that comes from he or she | 自由和发挥 |
[17:01] | simply immersing themselves in a character? | 何时就这样沉浸在角色之中? |
[17:04] | Immersing themselves in the character. What the fuck are you talking about? | 沉浸在角色之中 你在胡说什么? |
[17:09] | I’m talking about acting as an art. | 我在说演戏这门艺术 |
[17:12] | I’m teaching them how to be artists. | 我在教导他们如何成为艺术家 |
[17:13] | You’re teaching them to be unemployed. | 你在教导他们失业 |
[17:15] | When they enroll, give them food stamps. | 他们报名时 你应该加发食物券 |
[17:17] | – Oh, yeah? Oh, yeah, yeah. – Mm-hm. | 是吗? |
[17:18] | Did you happen to notice the name on the outside of this building? | 你有碰巧注意到 这栋楼外头写的名字吗? |
[17:21] | Did you see it? | 你有看到吗? |
[17:23] | It says “The Kominsky Studios.” That’s me. | 写着“柯敏斯基工作坊” 是我 |
[17:26] | Sandy Kominsky. | 山迪柯敏斯基 |
[17:27] | And they’re all here because of me, Sandy… Kominsky. | 他们来这儿全因为我 山迪…柯敏斯基 |
[17:30] | Yeah, I saw it. You painted your own name on a window. | 对 我有看到 你把自己的名字写在窗户上 |
[17:33] | You wanna know what my name’s on? I’ll tell you. | 想知道我名字在什么上头吗? 我来告诉你 |
[17:36] | One Oscar, one Golden Globe, | 一座奥斯卡奖、一座金球奖 |
[17:37] | seven Emmys, seven SAG Awards… | 七座艾美奖和七座美国演员工会奖 |
[17:40] | Ooh! | |
[17:41] | Ooh! I’m supposed to be impressed by that? | 我听了要觉得很佩服吗? |
[17:43] | I could give a shit what impresses you. Are you guys impressed? | 我才不甩你佩服什么 你们觉得佩服吗? |
[17:46] | – Yeah. – Yes! | -对 -对 |
[17:51] | Okay, fine. You make a choice. | 好吧 无所谓 你们自己做选择 |
[17:54] | Who do you want to be your teacher, me or her? | 你们想要谁当你们的老师 是我还是她? |
[17:59] | Traitorous little bastards. | 小王八蛋叛徒 |
[18:06] | Goddamn it! | 要死了 |
[18:08] | Hey! | 喂! |
[18:09] | What the fuck, man? | 搞鬼啊你 |
[18:12] | Now this is called TR 0, | 这叫做训练常式0 |
[18:14] | and its purpose is to teach you how to be comfortable | 目的是教导你如何不做任何事 |
[18:17] | in front of another person without doing anything. | 而能在另一个人面前感到自在 |
[18:19] | That means no twitching, scratching, thinking, talking. | 意思是不挤眉弄眼、不东摸西抓 不思考 不说话 |
[18:24] | Just sitting and being. | 就是坐着存在 |
[18:26] | Sitting, I can do. I… I don’t know about the being. | 坐着我办得到 但存在我就不知道了 |
[18:29] | Well, that’s what this is for. | 用意就在这儿 |
[18:30] | It’s to train us how to be comfortable in any situation, | 训练我们能够无入而不自得 |
[18:33] | without getting caught up in our thoughts. | 不受思绪的羁绊 |
[18:35] | Makes sense. | 说得通 |
[18:37] | All right. So, we’re gonna do this for five minutes | 好 所以我们要进行五分钟 |
[18:39] | and we’re gonna see how it goes. | 看看情况如何 |
[18:40] | Eyes closed like in meditation? | 像是禅修那样闭眼吗? |
[18:43] | Eyes open like in life. | 像是过生活那样睁开眼 |
[18:45] | All right, ready? | 好 要来了吗? |
[18:47] | Start. | 开始 |
[18:57] | I’m uncomfortable. | 我不自在了 |
[18:58] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[18:59] | Just continue. | 就继续下去 |
[19:04] | – I hate this. – Not unusual. | -我讨厌这样 -并非不寻常 |
[19:07] | Just continue. | 就继续下去 |
[19:15] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[19:21] | Sorry to bother you, but we’re looking for Robbie Schumacher. | 抱歉打扰 但我们在找罗比舒马克 |
[19:24] | And who may I say is calling? | 请问是哪里找? |
[19:26] | Uh, we’re with the Church of Scientology. | 我们是山达基教会的人 |
[19:29] | I see. And what do you want with my grandson? | 了解 找我外孙要干嘛? |
[19:31] | He took something that doesn’t belong to him and we want it back. | 他拿了不属于他的东西 我们要拿回来 |
[19:34] | – Ted. – Please. | -泰德 -麻烦了 |
[19:37] | Okay, well, Robbie’s not here. | 好吧 罗比不在这儿 |
[19:39] | – Oh, come on! – Ted. | -少来了 -泰德 |
[19:42] | Where do you think the lad might be? | 你看那位仁兄或许会在哪儿? |
[19:44] | How would I know? He hasn’t spoken to me in years | 我哪知道?他好几年没跟我说过话 |
[19:47] | because, according to you guys, I’m a suppressive person. | 因为根据你们的说法 我在压迫他 |
[19:51] | Well, if you happen to hear from him… | 那如果你碰巧听到他的消息… |
[19:56] | Oh, you bet. Anything to help the people who tore my family apart! | 那当然 我一定会帮助拆散我家庭的人! |
[20:10] | What’d they want? | 他们要干嘛? |
[20:11] | Frick and Frack? You tell me. | 那对连体婴啊?你说呢? |
[20:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:19] | First of all, | 首先呢 |
[20:21] | I didn’t take anything that wasn’t owed to me. | 我没有拿走不是亏欠我的东西 |
[20:23] | And what was it that was owed to you? | 那亏欠你的东西是什么? |
[20:26] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[20:29] | How much? | 有多少? |
[20:31] | Nine hundred grand, give or take. | 90万美元上下吧 |
[20:33] | How much are we giving or taking? | 是上下多少? |
[20:37] | All right, it… it’s… it’s 1.3 million. | 好吧 是130万美元 |
[20:39] | Oh, Robbie. | 罗比啊 |
[20:41] | Look… I worked for them for nothing for ten years. | 我帮他们无偿工作了十年 |
[20:44] | Fourteen, 15 hours a day. | 每天14到15小时 |
[20:47] | This is my back pay. | 这是欠我的薪水 |
[20:49] | Jesus. You are your mother’s son. | 天啊 你真是你妈的儿子 |
[21:01] | Not a good time, Sandy. | 现在不方便 山迪 |
[21:03] | – Aww, let me in! What… – Anybody else out there? | -让我进去 这… -外头有别人吗? |
[21:05] | – No. There’s nobody here. – Come in. Come in. | -没有 没人 -进来… |
[21:07] | – What the hell’s goin’ on? – Come here. | -搞什么鬼东西啊? -你来 |
[21:11] | – Holy shit! – Pretty cool, right? | -吓死人 -相当酷吧? |
[21:13] | No, it’s not cool. We have to give it back. | 这才不酷 得要物归原主 |
[21:16] | Why? | 为什么?他们又不会去报警 |
[21:17] | They won’t go to the police. | |
[21:19] | – We could split it. – Three ways? | -我们可以分掉 -拆成三份? |
[21:21] | Sandy! | 山迪 |
[21:23] | Because it’s the ethical thing to do. | 因为物归原主才道德 |
[21:25] | No. It… It’s my money. I’m… I’m keeping it. | 不对 这是我的钱 我要留下 |
[21:28] | Robbie, listen to me. | 罗比 你听我说 |
[21:30] | You don’t need this money, and I’m gonna tell you why. | 你不需要这些钱 我告诉你原因 |
[21:32] | You have a God-given talent. | 你有天赐的才华 |
[21:34] | You’re a born salesman. | 你是天生的业务员 |
[21:36] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 |
[21:37] | I was the head registrar at Flag for eight years. | 我知道 我在旗舰服务机构负责招生注册八年 |
[21:39] | Listen. Do you realize how rare and wonderful that talent is? | 听着 你知道这个天分 有多难得和美妙吗? |
[21:43] | You almost sold me on that cockamamie religion. | 你差点让我信了蠢宗教 |
[21:45] | – I could see that you are a seeker. – Look at him! He’s still selling. | -我看得出来你有所追寻 -看看他 他还在推销 |
[21:49] | Robbie, this money here is chump change | 罗比 这里的钱只是零头而已 |
[21:52] | compared to what you could make as a Hollywood talent agent. | 你去做好莱坞演艺经纪 能赚到的远超过这个数字 |
[21:55] | Being an agent is ethical? | -当经纪人就道德了喔? |
[21:57] | Shush! | -你安静 |
[21:59] | Trust me. I can train you. | 相信我 我可以训练你 |
[22:01] | You could become a real power broker in this town. | 你能成为本地的权力掮客 呼风唤雨 |
[22:03] | And when you’re ready, you could take over my agency. | 等你准备好了 可以接手我的经纪公司 |
[22:06] | – I thought you were selling the agency. – You really need to shush! | -我以为你要卖掉经纪公司 |
[22:09] | Hm. | -你真的需要给我安静 |
[22:10] | What do you say? You and me, peddling and packaging thetans | 你说呢?你和我推销和包装希坦 |
[22:14] | to suppressive corporations. | 对抗压迫人的公司 |
[22:16] | What’s a thetan? | 什么是希坦? |
[22:18] | I will tell you later! | 我再跟你说啦 |
[22:21] | Okay… | 好 |
[22:22] | Say we were to return it. | 假设我们真要归还 |
[22:24] | How would that go? | 那要怎么做? |
[22:26] | I might know a guy. | 我或许认识人 |
[22:29] | Hey, Tom. Norman Newlander. | 汤姆 我是诺曼纽兰德 |
[22:32] | First of all, congrats on that last impossible mission. | 首先要恭喜 最新一集的《不可能的任务》 |
[22:35] | Riveting. Thrill a minute. | 紧抓观众眼球 每分钟都有爆点 |
[22:37] | And just so you know, | 跟你说一声 |
[22:38] | ten dollars of your domestic box office came from me. | 国内票房有十美元是我贡献的 |
[22:41] | Yeah! | |
[22:42] | Yeah, I got the senior discount. | 对 我买老人优待票 |
[22:48] | Uh, yeah. So… So… Yeah… So, lis… | 对…你听我说 |
[22:53] | Give me a minute here, Tom. | 让我说几句话 汤姆 |
[22:55] | So listen, kiddo. I need a favor. | 听着 小子 我需要讨个人情 |
[23:00] | If you exteriorize from the situation, you’d see we’re both very, very lucky. | 外化来看的话 就会知道你我很幸运 |
[23:05] | Exteriorize? | “外化”? |
[23:06] | Yeah. Pop out of your head and see the situation | 是啊 就是跳脱开来 |
[23:09] | from the vantage point of a… an immortal spirit. | 从不朽灵魂的制高点来观看 |
[23:12] | – A thetan. – Now you’re getting it. | 希坦 现在你懂了 |
[23:14] | By taking control away from you, | 拿走你的控制权 |
[23:16] | Mindy assures the legacy of your studio. | 敏迪确保了你的工作坊能够源远流长 |
[23:19] | The Kominsky name attains a certain limited timelessness. | 柯敏斯基这个姓 达到了某种有限的永恒 |
[23:23] | Why limited? | 怎么是有限? |
[23:24] | Well, she’s not likely to have any kids with Old Man Shitty Pants. | 她和大便失禁老头 多半生不出小孩来 |
[23:28] | And Robbie will eventually do the same thing with my agency, | 而罗比最后也会让我的经纪公司 迈向同样的路 |
[23:32] | which gives me that sense of… | 让我能够感觉到… |
[23:35] | …purpose… | 我在寻找的目的 |
[23:36] | that I was looking for. | |
[23:39] | What about your daughter? | 那你女儿呢? |
[23:40] | She’s one Coors Light away from the gates of hell. | 她跟地狱的距离 只差一瓶啤酒 |
[23:44] | Let her sling yogurt for a while, we’ll see what happens. | 先让她装优格一阵子 再做打算 |
[23:47] | Most important is you need to use this time to get well. | 最重要的是 你需要利用这段时间好起来 |
[23:51] | That seems to be all that I do these days. | 感觉这阵子我都在做这件事 |
[23:54] | You know, I take medicine for this, get treatment for that. | 吃这个的药 做那个的治疗 |
[23:56] | It never stops. | 没完没了 |
[23:59] | It’ll stop. | 会完的 |
[24:05] | Here’s a funny thing. | 有件事很妙 |
[24:07] | Earlier this evening, | 今天傍晚那时候 |
[24:09] | I got into a pissing match over the craft of acting | 我跟艾莉森珍妮针对演戏技艺 |
[24:13] | with Allison Janney. | 像是两个男人在比谁尿得远 |
[24:16] | I’d ask who won, | 我本来会问是谁赢了 |
[24:18] | but we both know how you pee. | 但你我都知道你撒尿多没力 |
[24:23] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[24:27] | Cheers, buddy. | 干杯 兄弟 |