时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | Boy, you got old. | 天啊 你都老了 |
[00:31] | Look who’s talking. | 就你还说我呢 |
[00:33] | How’re you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样? |
[00:36] | I know you mean well, but that is a stupid question. | 我知道你是关心 |
[00:40] | Where’s Mindy? | 但问的是什么傻问题 明迪呢? |
[00:42] | Uh, she and Martin went to get something to eat. | 她和马丁去吃东西了 |
[00:45] | And you stayed to keep an eye on me? | 你留下来照看我? |
[00:47] | Oh, don’t flatter yourself. | 你想得美 |
[00:55] | So, how long were you planning on keeping your condition a secret? | 所以 你本来打算隐瞒多久呢? |
[01:00] | What condition? | 隐瞒什么? |
[01:03] | I don’t know. I just wanted to spend time with my daughter | 我不知道 我就是想和女儿待会儿 |
[01:06] | without her having to worry about me. | 又不想让她担心我 |
[01:08] | Roz, she’s worried. | 罗兹 她很担心 |
[01:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:12] | But you’re not alone. We’re gonna get you through this. | 但你不是一个人 我们会跟你共渡难关的 |
[01:15] | Yeah. Well, I appreciate your concern, but this does not end well. | 好吧 我很感谢你的好意 但不会有什么好结果的 |
[01:21] | You don’t know that. I mean, there… there’s, uh, chemo… | 你又不知道 还可以化疗… |
[01:23] | – Did it. – Bone marrow… | -做过了 |
[01:24] | – Did it. – All kinds of holistic stuff… | -骨髓移植… 整体医学疗法… |
[01:27] | Bunch of bullshit. And did it. | 整体鬼扯差不多 也做过了 |
[01:29] | Well, I’m sure there’s things that you didn’t do. | 好吧 肯定还有你没做过的 |
[01:31] | – Sandy… – Sorry. | -桑迪… -抱歉 |
[01:33] | I forgot my ex-wife is the smartest person in the world. | 我忘了 我前妻是全世界最聪明的人 |
[01:36] | Is that why all your other ex-wives are dumber than a bag of rocks? | 所以你其他前妻 |
[01:41] | – Ooh. That’s a low blow. – Mmm. | 才一个赛一个的蠢吗? 这么说有点难听啊 |
[01:44] | But maybe. Yeah. | 但也许是这样 |
[01:46] | Assuming that you’re right about this, what’s your plan? | 假设你是对的 你有什么计划吗? |
[01:49] | Well, it’s pretty simple, really. | 其实很简单 真的 |
[01:51] | After a while, I go into assisted living then hospice. | 过了一阵子后 我会住护理院 之后就住临终关怀院 |
[01:55] | And then I get to find out if helping sick people in third-world countries | 然后我得了解了解 帮助那些在第三世界的病人 |
[02:01] | gets me a meet and greet with Jesus. | 能不能让我进天堂 |
[02:05] | You are a piece of work. | 你太难搞了 |
[02:07] | I remember when you thought I was a piece of ass. | 我还记得 你觉得我太浑蛋的时候呢 |
[02:10] | I always said that as a compliment. | 我那可都是夸你的 |
[02:11] | And I took it as one. | 那不都一样吗? |
[02:15] | So, listen, um, your plans are no good. | 听我说 你的计划一点都不好 |
[02:18] | There’s not gonna be an assisted living or a hospice. | 没有什么护理院 或者临终关怀院 |
[02:21] | You stay with me and Mindy. | 你就跟我和明迪一起住 |
[02:24] | If we need help, we’ll bring somebody in. | 如果有需要 就请人帮忙 |
[02:26] | That’s not gonna work. | 行不通的 |
[02:28] | It’s too hard. Too exhausting. | 太难了 |
[02:30] | Oh, stop being so smart. | 又太累了 别显摆你聪明啦 |
[02:32] | Too expensive. | 还太贵了 |
[02:34] | Aha! You forgot your daughter is Mindy Warbucks. | 你忘了 你女儿明迪继承了一大笔钱 |
[02:37] | Besides, every dollar we spend on you | 再说了 每给你花一美元 |
[02:40] | is a dollar not spent on hair plugs | 就相当于 |
[02:43] | for Estelle Schneider’s little boy. | 马丁的植发资金少了一美元 |
[02:46] | You aren’t serious. | 你净瞎扯 |
[02:47] | He has expressed a desire to bring back the, uh… the pompadour. | 他确实说了想要那种 往后梳高的蓬松卷发 |
[02:53] | “Kookie, lend me your comb.” | “库奇 把你的梳子借给我吧” |
[02:56] | All right. So, why? | 好吧 所以为什么? |
[02:59] | Why what? | 什么为什么? |
[03:00] | Why, after all these years of… | 为什么 都这么多年了… |
[03:05] | after all these years… | 都这么多年了… |
[03:09] | Don’t overthink it. I… I just, uh, do. | 别多想了 我就是想那么做 |
[03:12] | Well, are you a recovering alcoholic? | 你在戒酒吗? |
[03:15] | – You making amends? – I said, don’t overthink it. | -你是在补偿什么吗? -我说了 别多想了 |
[03:18] | I’m curious. Were you born cesarean or vaginal? | 我很好奇你是怎么出生的 剖腹产还是自然分娩? |
[03:21] | Cover me. | 替我打掩护啊 |
[03:23] | What? Why? | 什么?问这个干嘛? |
[03:25] | I’m gonna guess vaginal, ’cause of how close you are with your mom. | 我猜是自然分娩的 因为你跟你妈妈很亲嘛 |
[03:28] | I was cesarean. | 我妈剖腹产生的我 |
[03:29] | My mother couldn’t be bothered to push. | 她不耐烦自己生 |
[03:33] | – Hey. – Shh. | 嘿 |
[03:34] | She okay? | 她还好吗? |
[03:45] | Do you know, to this day, I eat Jell-O, I think of Bill Cosby? | 你知道吗?到现在我吃果冻时 还是会想起打广告的比尔科斯比 |
[03:48] | I feel guilty now ’cause I… I still enjoy it. | 我就会因为 我还是很享受吃果冻而愧疚 |
[03:52] | ‘Cause the… Hmm. | 因为他的咸猪手… (第21章) |
[04:01] | And then the sparks fly… | (剧名:无论你身在何方) 之后啊就打得火热… |
[04:05] | Oh, okay. That makes sense. | 好吧 |
[04:08] | I had a retainer, but I lost it. They’re very expensive. | 有道理 |
[04:17] | No. | 不 |
[04:19] | – This isn’t about money. – We’re here to help mankind. | -我们不是为钱来的 -是为了帮助人类的 |
[04:21] | Oh, will you just stop it with that shit? | 你能别瞎扯吗? |
[04:23] | – It’s true. – I don’t care. Just stop it! | -是真的啊 -谁关心啊 闭嘴! |
[04:28] | Make it fast. | 有话快说 |
[04:30] | Okay, so, uh, we just wanted to thank you for honoring Dad’s… | 好的 是这样 我们只是想 感谢你能尊重爸爸的… |
[04:34] | Faster. | 赶紧说 |
[04:35] | …wishes, and we wanna do that too. | …遗愿 |
[04:37] | – So what we’re proposing… – Time’s up. | 我们也想像你一样 所以我们提议… |
[04:39] | Is to create a philanthropic foundation that gives grandpa’s money to good causes, | -时间到 -创办一家慈善基金会 |
[04:42] | with a special focus on healthcare and education. | 好把爷爷的遗产用在公益事业上 主要放在健康和教育方面 |
[04:46] | Thoughts? | -你怎么想? -有什么想问的? |
[04:48] | – Questions? – Yeah. What’s the catch? | 好吧 有什么猫腻? |
[04:52] | There’s no catch. | 没有啊 |
[04:53] | We just got to talking about what would make grandpa happy, | 我们就是正好聊到 怎样才会让爷爷开心 |
[04:55] | and we came up with this. | 然后就有了这想法 |
[04:56] | The Norman Newlander Family Foundation. | 诺曼纽兰德家族基金会 |
[04:59] | Our mission statement is to help down-stats… | 我们旨在帮助那些社会地位低的人… |
[05:01] | Down-stats? | 社会地位低的人? |
[05:02] | Poor people. | 穷人 |
[05:03] | Is to help poor people | 就是让穷人享受到免费医疗服务 |
[05:06] | get access to free healthcare and pursue their educational goals. | 还可以走上学术道路 |
[05:09] | With scholarships. | 有奖学金的 |
[05:11] | That is what he wanted. | 那是他想要的 |
[05:12] | Right? | 对吧? |
[05:14] | So, uh, what’s in it for you? | 所以 你们想要什么好处? |
[05:18] | Well, giving away all this money would be our full-time job. | 发放这笔钱 将是我们的全职工作 |
[05:23] | We would just need some kind of compensation. | 有些回报就好 |
[05:25] | To cover expenses and such. | 来抵消开支之类的 |
[05:27] | Sure. Yeah. | 当然可以 |
[05:30] | So? | 所以呢? |
[05:32] | – So, what? – So, give me a number. | -所以什么? -所以 告诉我要多少钱 |
[05:35] | Well, before we do that, | 谈那个之前 |
[05:37] | I think it’s important to factor in what we bring to the job. | 我觉得讲讲我们能为这份工作 做出什么贡献很重要 |
[05:39] | My training as a Scientology registrar is particularly… | 我作为山达基教的教务人员… |
[05:42] | What’s the number? | 要多少钱? |
[05:43] | – A million dollars a year. – Each. | -一年一百万 -每人 |
[06:00] | – Half a million? – Get out of here. | -五十万? -出去 |
[06:04] | “Scientology registrar,” really? | 山达基教的教务人员 真的吗? |
[06:06] | What’s your résumé say, “dope fiend”? | 你的履历能写什么?“瘾君子”吗? |
[06:08] | Hey, I’m in recovery. | 喂 我都戒了好不好 |
[06:10] | – Hey, I’m an operating thetan. – You’re an operating asshole. | -嘿 我可都踏上哈伯德之桥了 -你也就是个混蛋 |
[06:14] | Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me, | 露丝 赢得那张船票 是我一生之中最美好的事 |
[06:18] | because it brought me to you. And for that, I am… I’m thankful. | 它让我有缘与你相识 我此生足矣 |
[06:22] | I’m thankful, Rose, so you… you… you must do me this honor. | 我此生足已 露丝 所以你一定要答应我 |
[06:26] | Promise me that you’ll survive. | 答应我 你一定要活下去 |
[06:29] | No matter what happens. No matter how hopeless. | 不论发生什么 不论希望多么渺茫 |
[06:33] | Promise me. | 向我发誓 |
[06:34] | And never let go of that promise, Rose. | 你绝不违背誓言 露丝 |
[06:38] | Never let go. | 永不放弃 |
[06:40] | I’ll never let go. | 我永不放弃 |
[06:45] | I will never let go. | 我永不放弃 |
[07:02] | Jack, there’s… there’s a boat. | 杰克 有船来了 |
[07:07] | There’s a boat, Ja… Jack. | 有船来了 杰克 |
[07:12] | Come back. | 回来 |
[07:15] | Come back! | 回来! |
[07:17] | I’ll never let go. | 我永不放弃 |
[07:32] | And scene! | 结束! |
[07:35] | Terrific! Good job. | 太棒了!演得好 |
[07:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:40] | Okay. Grab a seat, and, uh, | 好 |
[07:43] | let’s talk about this scene. | 找地方坐下 我们来聊聊这场戏 |
[07:45] | Or, more specifically, | 或者 |
[07:47] | let’s talk about the subject matter | 更确切地说 |
[07:50] | of the scene. | 来谈谈这场戏的主旨 |
[07:52] | Dying, on camera or on stage, | 死亡 在镜头前或在舞台上 |
[07:57] | to play a heartbreaking and hopefully slow death, | 表演一场令人心碎的死亡 最好是慢慢死去那种 |
[08:03] | is the dream of every actor. | 是每个演员的梦想 |
[08:07] | I would wager there’s not an actor or actress who hasn’t fantasized | 我敢说 没有一位男演员或者女演员 不曾幻想过 |
[08:11] | about how they would play those final moments. | 他们会如何表演 这最后的时刻 |
[08:16] | As the life force slowly slips away | 生命渐渐流逝 |
[08:19] | and as we teeter on the edge of nonexistence, | 我们挣扎在死亡的边缘 |
[08:25] | how would we gasp out those last words of wit and wisdom? | 我们要如何在气若游丝之时 说出临终妙语呢? |
[08:33] | But is that what happens as death draws close? | 但死亡临近时 会是那样吗? |
[08:36] | Do the dying exact promises from those they leave behind? | 垂死之人会要求生者做出承诺吗? |
[08:42] | Do they confess their sins? | 他们会忏悔吗? |
[08:44] | Do they make a joke? | 他们会开玩笑吗? |
[08:47] | Don’t get me wrong. | 别误会 |
[08:48] | I’m not taking issue with the scene or the way you guys performed it. | 我不是对刚才那场戏 和你们的表演有异议 |
[08:51] | You did a great job. | 你们演得非常好 |
[08:56] | What I’m asking you to think about… | 我让你们思考的是… |
[09:00] | is what actually happens in those final moments. | 最后时刻究竟是什么样的 |
[09:06] | I’m not talking about a shocking, violent death. | 我讲的不是那种非常有冲击性的横死 |
[09:11] | I’m talking about… | 而是那种… |
[09:15] | …when you know it’s coming. | 你知道那天会到来 |
[09:20] | When you’ve fully surrendered | 当你彻底向 |
[09:23] | to the… ultimate magic trick. | 生命最终极的戏法屈服 |
[09:29] | When we really and truly | 当我们真正的消失了 |
[09:34] | disappear. | |
[09:37] | I’ve sat at the bedside, and I’ve held the hands of friends and… | 我曾坐在病榻前 握住朋友的手 |
[09:41] | and loved ones | 或者爱人的手 |
[09:43] | as they breathed their last breath. | 直到他们停止了呼吸 |
[09:48] | And I can tell you this. | 我可以这么跟你们说 |
[09:51] | The dramatic soliloquy at the end of life | 生命最后的戏剧性的独白 |
[09:54] | is pure and utter nonsense. | 纯是胡扯 |
[09:59] | If anything is being said, it’s internal. | 如果要说什么 也是在心里说 |
[10:04] | You can almost hear it. | 但你几乎能听到 |
[10:09] | They’re having an internal conversation | 他们的心里话 |
[10:13] | filled with disbelief and… and… and wonder | 话里充满了疑惑和奇妙感 |
[10:18] | that their life has come to an end. | 对走到了生命的尽头这回事 |
[10:24] | They hardly notice you sitting there at all. | 他们几乎注意不到你坐在旁边 |
[10:30] | For the dying, | 对于垂死之人 |
[10:32] | the living are irrelevant. | 生者已无关紧要 |
[10:40] | So, | 所以 |
[10:42] | if you should ever have the opportunity to play such a scene, | 如果你们有机会 可以演这样一场戏 |
[10:47] | approach it with reverence. | 要心怀敬畏 |
[10:50] | Consider it holy. | 要认识到神圣所在 |
[10:53] | Make sure it receives your utmost care | 确保你所表演的死亡 蕴含了你所思所想的极致 |
[10:58] | and respect. | 和你的敬意 |
[11:03] | Uh, okay. | 好了 |
[11:05] | Uh, that’s enough from me. | 我就说到这儿 |
[11:07] | Um, before we call it a night, I have an announcement to make. | 今晚结束之前 我还要宣布一件事 |
[11:10] | Sort of a good news, bad news kind of thing. | 是好消息 |
[11:13] | Um… | 也是坏消息 |
[11:15] | The good news is | 好消息是 |
[11:17] | yours truly has been cast in a movie. Wow! | 我正出演一部电影 |
[11:21] | Thank you. I’m very excited too. | 谢谢 我也非常激动 |
[11:24] | Last time I was in front of a camera was at the DMV. | 上次我站在镜头前 还是在车管所 |
[11:28] | The bad news is I will not be here for a few months. | 坏消息是 我几个月都来不了了 |
[11:31] | Obviously, if you prepaid for your classes, | 如果你已提前交了课程费用 |
[11:34] | you’ll be fully reimbursed, | 当然会全部退还 |
[11:35] | or if you want to continue working, Mindy will be taking over my classes. | 或者如果你想继续的话 则有明迪接管我的课程 |
[11:39] | I want my money back. | 我想退费 |
[11:41] | It’s your call. | 你决定就好 |
[11:42] | – I’d like to keep working with Mindy. – Yeah. Me too. | -我想继续跟明迪一起 -我也是 |
[11:45] | – Mindy’s cool. – I’ll stick around. | -明迪不错 -我会留下来 |
[11:47] | Yeah. Why not? | 对啊 为什么不呢? |
[11:48] | I changed my mind. I’ll stay. | 我改变主意了 我要留下 |
[11:51] | Sandy, I’m so happy for you about the movie. | 桑迪 我很为你出演电影开心 |
[11:54] | – Thank you, Margaret. – You’re gonna be awesome. | -谢谢你 玛格丽特 -你会特别棒的 |
[11:58] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你们的 |
[12:01] | All of you. | 你们大家 |
[12:03] | I’m annoying? I’m annoying? I’m trying to eat a meal by myself. | |
[12:06] | If you wanna give him the sandwich, give him the sandwich. If you don’t… | |
[12:09] | – Well, look at his eyes! – I ask one simple question… | |
[12:12] | It’s hard to believe these guys were all unknown actors when Barry cast ’em. | 真不敢相信巴瑞拍电影时 这些演员还默默无名 |
[12:16] | If you can see ’em. Can you see ’em? | 看看他们多出色 你能看出来吧? |
[12:19] | Everybody can see ’em, Martin. | 谁都看得出来 马丁 |
[12:21] | Is that Kevin Bacon? He’s so tiny. | 那是凯文贝肯吗?他块头好小 |
[12:25] | Hey, ask Levinson if… if he’s a nice guy, ’cause I heard otherwise. | 嘿 帮我问问莱文森他人好不好 因为我听说不太好啊 |
[12:29] | I’ll be sure to bring it up with him. | 我会问问的 |
[12:31] | Could we just take a break for a moment? | 我们能休息一会儿吗? |
[12:34] | You okay? You need anything? | 你还好吗?你需要什么吗? |
[12:36] | Yeah, no, I’m fine. I just… | 我很好 不需要什么 我只是… |
[12:39] | Well, I wanna talk. | 我想谈谈 |
[12:41] | First of all, I want to apologize for not being honest | 首先 我想要道歉 因为我没有说实话 |
[12:45] | about what was going on with me. | 隐瞒了自己的情况 |
[12:48] | I thought that I could… | 我还以为我能… |
[12:49] | Well, I… I don’t know what I was thinking. | 我也不知道当时我想什么呢 |
[12:52] | It was stupid. | 太傻了 |
[12:54] | Mom, you’re entitled to your privacy. | 妈妈 你可以不讲的 那是你的隐私 |
[12:57] | No. I can’t, in good conscience, | 不行 得讲的 说良心话 |
[12:59] | call this one stupid, unless I call it on myself. | 只有我能说自己傻 此外都要说他傻 |
[13:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:05] | Second, I’d like to see this wedding happen sooner | 其次 我想早点看到婚礼 |
[13:08] | rather than later. | 而不是晚些 |
[13:11] | I’ll try to help with the planning all I can, but as you can see, | 我会试着帮忙计划 |
[13:13] | there’s not… there’s not much I can do. | 但如你所见 我能做的并不多 |
[13:16] | Oh, no, no, no. We… we’ll make all the arrangements. | 没事的 |
[13:19] | – You don’t have to do anything. – Oh. | 我们都会安排好的 你什么都不用做的 |
[13:21] | Well, one request. I do want to walk Mindy down the aisle. | 有一个请求 |
[13:27] | Uh, that’s my job. | 我想牵着明迪走向婚礼的圣坛 那是我要做的 |
[13:28] | Really? You’re gonna make an issue of this? | 真的?你要跟我争这个? |
[13:31] | – No. – We could do it together. | 没有 |
[13:34] | I… I… I’m good with that. | -我们可以一起 -我觉得挺好 |
[13:36] | Oh, and, Martin, of course, I assume | 马丁 我想 |
[13:38] | you’ll want to walk down the aisle with your mother. | 你肯定也是想和你妈妈一起 走向婚礼圣坛的 |
[13:44] | – Sure. Yeah. Or I could fly solo. – I don’t know. Either way. | 当然 可以 或者我自己也可以 我不知道 都行吧 |
[13:48] | She’s… You know, she’s… The thing is she’s not really much of a walker. | 你知道吗?她并不太喜欢走路 |
[13:51] | She teaches cha-cha. | 她是教恰恰舞的 |
[13:53] | Martin, you really should do it with your mom. | 马丁 你真的该跟你妈妈一起的 |
[14:00] | Whatever. Sure. Okay. | 那行吧 好吧 |
[14:03] | And I was thinking, if we want to keep it simple, | 我在想 如果要简单办的话 |
[14:07] | we could have the ceremony and the party at your studio. | 仪式和派对都可以放在你的工作室 |
[14:10] | Well, I… I love that. | 那太好了 |
[14:12] | I thought you might. | 我想也是 |
[14:14] | Oh, and of course you pick your favorite restaurant | 当然了 餐厅你选自己最喜欢的 |
[14:17] | to do all the catering. | 来筹备婚宴 |
[14:18] | – Okay. – Although you can’t go wrong with Spago. | -好啊 -虽说选斯帕戈餐厅的话 肯定错不了 |
[14:23] | We’ll keep it small and intimate with just close friends and family. | 会是一场小型婚礼 只邀请亲密的朋友和家人 |
[14:27] | – Sounds right. – And a DJ instead of a band. | -听起来不错 -还有要请DJ而不是乐队 |
[14:30] | Okay, but… but playing records, right? Not the scratchy thing? | 好的 但是 是播放唱片那种 对吧? 不是打碟的那种? |
[14:34] | – Yeah. – You know? I don’t like that. | -是的 -知道吗?我不喜欢那种 |
[14:36] | Now, do either of you have a minister or… or rabbi or… or priest | 你俩有没有想要邀请哪位牧师 拉比或祭司 |
[14:41] | that you want to do the wedding? | 来主持婚礼? |
[14:43] | No. | 没有 |
[14:45] | Fine. Then I’ll do it. | 好吧 那我来 |
[14:47] | And if you don’t mind, I’d like to contribute | 还有 如果你们不介意的话 我还想负责 |
[14:49] | to the centerpieces and floral arrangements, | 餐桌的摆饰和花卉布置 |
[14:52] | boutonnieres, et cetera. | 比方说胸花 |
[14:53] | Sure. | 当然 |
[14:54] | And you can pay for the rehearsal dinner and the bachelor party. | 你来出婚宴彩排和单身派对的钱 |
[15:00] | You got some guys you’d like to invite to a bachelor party? | 你想邀请些朋友参加单身派对吗? |
[15:03] | Most of my friends are dead. | 我多数朋友都死了 |
[15:05] | – Great. I can afford an open bar. – Oh. | 太好了 那我就付得起开放式酒吧了 |
[15:10] | Okay. Well, sounds like a plan. | 挺好 听起来像那么一回事儿 |
[15:14] | – It’s getting late. We’re gonna turn in. – Yeah? | 挺晚的了 我们该睡觉了 |
[15:17] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -是吗? -是啊 好的 |
[15:20] | Good night. | -晚安 |
[15:21] | – Night. – Good night. | -晚安 晚安 |
[15:23] | First she’s too sick to plan anything, then she plans everything? | 开始还说病得太重计划不了 之后就什么都安排了? |
[15:26] | Just keep walking. | 走你的吧 |
[15:27] | Martin? I am really looking forward to meeting your mom. | 马丁?我非常期待见到你妈妈 |
[15:33] | Ah, yeah, I’m sure you… you two will hit it off. | 是啊 你俩肯定合得来 |
[15:39] | That is such fun. | 太好玩了 |
[15:41] | I told you. | 我说的没错吧 |
[15:48] | – You all comfy? – Yes. | -感觉还行吗? -是的 |
[15:50] | – Hmm. Want another blanket? – No. I’m fine. | -想再来条毯子吗? -不用 挺好的 |
[15:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:54] | You got water, meds, book, phone. | 这边有水、药、书、电话 |
[15:58] | – Anything else that you need? – No. That’s it. | -还需要别的吗? -不用 够了 |
[16:01] | Okay. I’m off. | 好 我走了 |
[16:05] | What, no tongue? | 怎么 不来个舌吻吗? |
[16:06] | Ooh, you want tongue. I’ll give you tongue. | -想要舌吻 就给你一个 |
[16:09] | Oh, shit, no. I was just bluffing. | -该死 不 我就是唬你 |
[16:12] | Uh, you gonna read, or should I get the lights? | -想看会书吗?还是想让我关灯? |
[16:13] | – Oh, get the lights. – Okay. | -关灯 |
[16:19] | – | – Good night. |
[16:32] | Good ♪ Workin’ in the coal mine Goin’ on down, down ♪ | |
[16:35] | night. ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Oops, about to slip down ♪ | |
[16:38] | ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Goin’ on down, down ♪ | 晚安 |
[16:41] | ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Oops, about to slip down ♪ | 晚安 |
[16:45] | ♪ Five o’clock in the mornin’ ♪ ♪ I’m already up and gone ♪ ♪ Lord, I’m so tired ♪ | (老人与海) |
[16:55] | ♪ How long can this go on? ♪ ♪ Workin’ in the coal mine Goin’ on down, down ♪ ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Oops, about to slip down ♪ | (桑迪柯明斯基) |
[17:04] | ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Goin’ on down, down ♪ ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Oops, about to slip down ♪ ♪ ‘Cause I make a little money ♪ ♪ Haulin’ coal by the ton ♪ ♪ When Saturday rolls around ♪ ♪ I’m too tired for havin’ fun ♪ ♪ Workin’ in the coal mine Goin’ on down, down ♪ ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Oops, about to slip down ♪ | (六号舞台 |
[17:31] | ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Goin’ on down, down ♪ ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Oops, about to slip down ♪ ♪ Lord, I’m so tired ♪ ♪ How long can this go on? ♪ ♪ Workin’ in the coal mine Goin’ on down, down ♪ ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Oops, about to slip down ♪ | 正片) |
[17:57] | ♪ Workin’ in a coal mine Goin’ on down, down… ♪ | (老人与海) |
[18:01] | So? What do you think? | 所以呢?你觉得怎么样? |
[18:03] | I think you’re gonna get an Oscar. | 我觉得 你会得奥斯卡奖 |
[18:06] | Okay. If you’re gonna be ridiculous, never mind. | 好吧 你要说戏谑的话 就算了吧 |
[18:08] | Why? No, you’re doing great work. | 什么?没有啊 你做得特别棒 |
[18:12] | And I should know. I’m a doctor. | 我该知道的 我可是医生 |
[18:14] | Okay, fine. Thanks. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[18:16] | It’s gonna be released on one of those streaming deals anyway, | 总之电影会在一家线上平台播放 |
[18:19] | so it won’t be eligible for an Oscar. | 所以没资格参选奥斯卡奖 |
[18:21] | Sandy] There you go. | 那你可为和平做贡献了 好了 |
[18:26] | Ah, Mindy. | 是明迪 |
[18:27] | Yeah. Hi, Min. | 嗨 明迪 |
[18:30] | No. We’re… we’re on our way. | 没有 我们还在路上 |
[18:32] | Great. I’m looking forward to meeting her. | 太好了 我很期待见到她 |
[18:35] | – Who? – Martin’s mother just arrived. | -谁? -马丁的妈妈刚到 |
[18:37] | Should we stop and get a bottle of wine? | 我们要不要去买瓶酒? |
[18:40] | – What? That’s terrible. – What happened? | -什么?那太糟糕了 -怎么了? |
[18:43] | No. No, that’s not right. | 不 那样可不对 |
[18:45] | – What’s not right? – Hold on. | -什么不对? -等等 |
[18:47] | Martin’s mother made a joke about Mindy’s weight. | 马丁他妈 拿明迪的体重开玩笑 |
[18:51] | – What kind of joke? – Is there a good kind? | -哪种玩笑? -能开什么好玩笑? |
[18:54] | Honey, listen. She’s a stupid old woman. | 亲爱的 听着 她就是个愚蠢的老女人 |
[18:57] | Just ignore her. | 别理她 -该死 |
[18:59] | – Ah, damn. Asshole. – What asshole? | 混蛋 -什么混蛋? |
[19:02] | No. You’re right. | 不 你是对的 |
[19:04] | He has to defend you. Otherwise, what good is he? | 他必须护着你啊 不然他有什么用? |
[19:07] | Is this Martin? | 是说马丁吗? |
[19:08] | He said nothing. He just giggled like a little boy. | 他什么都没说 就像个臭小子傻乐 |
[19:11] | All right. Listen… No. | 好吧 听着 别啊 |
[19:13] | Wait. Don’t you think that’s a little extreme? | 等等 这样是不是有点极端? |
[19:18] | Yeah. All right. I’ll ask. | 好的 我问问 |
[19:22] | She’s really upset, and she doesn’t want to stay there. | 她很难过 不想待在那儿了 |
[19:26] | Of course. She doesn’t have to ask. | 当然可以 她都不用问的 |
[19:28] | – He says of course. – Wait, wait, wait. Well, what about you? | 他说当然可以 等等 那你呢? |
[19:31] | What you do mean, “What about me?” | 什么叫那我呢? |
[19:33] | I’m not staying with Martin and his mother. | 我才不会跟马丁和他妈一起 |
[19:35] | Right. Yeah. You’re right. | 对 你说得对 |
[19:36] | She says thank you. Honey, do me a favor. | 她说谢谢你 亲爱的 帮我个忙 |
[19:39] | Throw all my stuff in the suitcase and, uh, bring it with you, okay? | 把我的东西都扔行李箱里 然后帮我带出来 好吗? |
[19:42] | Yeah. We’ll meet you there. | 好 我们在那里见 |
[19:44] | And, sweetheart, don’t worry. | 亲爱的 别担心 |
[19:48] | This will all work out. | 都会解决的 |
[19:50] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[19:51] | Bye. | 再见 |
[19:55] | – Well, shit. – Yeah. | -该死 -是啊 |
[19:59] | You know, I just have the two bedrooms. | 我只有两间卧室 |
[20:02] | – You got a couch? – Yeah. | -你有沙发吗? -有啊 |
[20:04] | Then you’ll be fine. | 那你就有地方睡 |
[20:09] | I don’t blame her. She’s not the problem. | 我不怪她 问题不在于她 |
[20:11] | She’s just an evil, old, brain-dead cunt. | 她就是个死老妖婆 |
[20:14] | It’s him. | 而在于他 |
[20:15] | He doesn’t have the balls to stand up to her! | 他都没胆子反驳她! |
[20:17] | Some honey for my honey? | 我的甜心 要来点蜂蜜吗? |
[20:23] | I’m just glad this happened now before the wedding. | 幸好这些是婚礼之前发生的 |
[20:26] | Otherwise, I’d be shackled to that mama’s boy for life. | 不然我就要跟那个妈宝男绑一辈子了 |
[20:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:35] | Martin should have said something, | 马丁该说些什么 |
[20:37] | but that doesn’t mean he’s not a good guy. | 但也不是说 他就是好人了 |
[20:39] | He’s just trying to be respectful of his mom. | 他只是想尊重他妈妈 |
[20:42] | Fuck him! | 去他妈的! |
[20:43] | The whole time she was picking me apart, he was looking down at his shoes. | 她对我挑三拣四的时候 他就低头看他的鞋 |
[20:47] | Stupid, ugly homemade shoes. | 他自己做的又蠢又丑的鞋 |
[20:52] | You got anything stronger? | 还有更烈的酒吗? |
[20:53] | – Uh, bourbon? – Bring it! | -波本? -拿来! |
[20:56] | I don’t care how old she is. | 我不管她年纪多大 |
[20:58] | I don’t take that shit from anybody. | 我不接受任何人跟我说那种屁话 |
[21:00] | Nor should you. | 你也不该接受 |
[21:01] | The last person who talked to me like that is still looking for his left nut. | 上一个这么跟我说话的人 还在找他左边的蛋呢 |
[21:05] | Oh my. Um… | 我的天 |
[21:07] | You know, I think it would be a good idea if we all got a good night’s sleep | 我觉得 如果我们先都好好睡一觉 |
[21:11] | and revisit this in the morning. | 然后等明早再谈 这样比较好 |
[21:12] | There’s nothing to revisit. | 没什么好谈的了 |
[21:14] | The wedding’s off. Good night. | 婚礼取消了 晚安 |
[21:20] | Sweet dreams. | 好梦 |
[21:22] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[21:31] | I got a five a.m. call. | 早上五点还得开工 |
[21:34] | Look what I’m doing. | 我这是干嘛呢 |
[21:40] | – What the hell? You’ll wake her up. – Ask me if I give a shit. | -干什么?你会把她吵醒的 -谁他妈的在乎啊 |
[21:43] | You need to go to my house, get down on your knees | 你得去我家 跪下来 |
[21:46] | and beg Mindy to forgive you. | 求明迪原谅你 |
[21:48] | Okay. It’s… it’s a little late. | 好的 现在有点太晚了 |
[21:50] | Can I beg first thing in the morning when I’m fresh? | 等我精神点 明天一早去求她 可以吗? |
[21:53] | – What’s going on? – Oh, hi, Mom. Uh, this is Sandy. | 怎么回事? 嗨 妈妈 这是桑迪 |
[21:56] | That’s Mindy’s dad. | 那是明迪的爸爸 |
[21:58] | – This is, uh, my mom. – Nice to meet you. | -这是我妈妈 -很高兴认识你 |
[21:59] | – Do you have any idea what time it is? – I know exactly what time it is. | -你知道现在几点吗? -我非常清楚现在几点 |
[22:03] | So, what, you just don’t care about other people? | 所以你根本不在意打扰到别人吗? |
[22:05] | You bang on doors and shoot your mouth off while they’re trying to sleep? | 在别人睡觉时连敲门带喊的? |
[22:08] | I’m here to keep your son | 我来这里 是为了阻止你儿子 |
[22:09] | from losing the best thing that’s ever happened to him. | 失去他此生最重要的人 |
[22:12] | I’m the best thing that ever happened to him. | 我就是他此生最重要的人 |
[22:15] | And your daughter wouldn’t have run crying to Daddy | 你把孩子养得一句批评都听不了 |
[22:17] | if you raised her to withstand a little criticism. | 她才哭着跑去找爸爸 |
[22:20] | You’re questioning how I raised my kid? | 你在质疑 我怎么养的孩子? |
[22:22] | Look at this mutt. | 看看这个蠢货 |
[22:23] | Is this what you call a success story? | 你就很成功吗? |
[22:25] | Okay. That’s uncalled for. | 没必要这么说吧 |
[22:27] | Let me tell you something, Sammy… | 我跟你说吧 塞米… |
[22:30] | Sandy. | 桑迪 |
[22:31] | Sandy? | 桑迪? |
[22:33] | There’s nothing Sandy about you. | 你有什么可了不起的 |
[22:36] | My Martin has done very well for himself, despite the fact | 我的马丁事业有成 |
[22:40] | that he’s had to overcome many handicaps. | 尽管他必须克服许多障碍 |
[22:42] | Wait a minute. What handicaps? | 什么障碍? |
[22:43] | And if, at this point in his life, | 如果在他人生中的这一刻 |
[22:46] | he has chosen your daughter to settle down with… | 他选择了跟你的女儿安定下来… |
[22:49] | Settle down? | 安定下来? |
[22:50] | He’s an old man with a shitty ticker! | 他就是心脏不好的老头子! |
[22:53] | He’s down, lady, okay? He’s down. | 他早都定了 好吗?早定了 |
[22:54] | Again, kinda hurtful. | 重申 有点伤人 |
[22:56] | And if he’s settling with your daughter, she needs to buck up | 如果他决定与你女儿结合 她就得坚强点儿 |
[23:01] | and stop being so goddamn sensitive about her | 对她的身材别他妈那么敏感 |
[23:05] | shape. | |
[23:06] | Her… her shape? | 她的身材? |
[23:08] | – I was trying to be polite. – Hmm. | 我在努力说得礼貌些 |
[23:14] | You poor bastard. | 你个可怜的混蛋 |
[23:16] | You never had a chance. | 你从未有过机会 |
[23:21] | So, that… that… that’s Sandy. | 桑迪就那样 |
[23:26] | – Good night, Ma. – Yeah. ♪ You always hurt ♪ ♪ The one you love ♪ ♪ The one ♪ | -晚安 |
[23:37] | ♪ You shouldn’t hurt at all ♪ ♪ You always take ♪ ♪ The sweetest rose ♪ | 妈 |
[23:48] | ♪ Crush it till the petals fall ♪ ♪ You always break the kindest heart ♪ ♪ With a hasty word ♪ ♪ You can’t recall, so ♪ ♪ If I broke y our heart… ♪ | -嗯 |