时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | What’s wrong with the world? I’ve just counted ten fat people. | 这世界是怎么了 我已经看到10个肥佬了 |
[00:27] | No. Eleven. | 不对 是11个 |
[00:29] | Can you carry one of these bags? | 你能帮忙提个袋子吗 |
[00:31] | No. I told you, my arm hurts. | 不能 我说了我胳膊疼的 |
[00:34] | Pushing you away from me every night for 50 years | 50年来 每晚都得挣脱你 |
[00:36] | has taken its toll on my body. | 让我的身体不堪重负 |
[00:38] | So has gravity. | 重力也帮了大忙 |
[00:40] | Besides, you’re so much cleverer at carrying things than I am. | 而且 在提东西这事上你比我擅长多了 |
[00:43] | I shall probably muck it all up. | 我肯定会弄乱弄脏弄掉的 |
[00:45] | Why am I always better at the things that you don’t want to do? | 为什么对于你不想干的事 我总是比较擅长呢 |
[00:48] | I’m not your servant, Freddie. | 我不是你的仆人 弗雷迪 |
[00:50] | Stuart, I would never think of you as my servant. | 斯图尔特 我绝不会把你看做是我的仆人的 |
[00:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[00:54] | I think of you as my housekeeper. | 我认为你是我的管家 |
[00:56] | It’s a more important contribution. | 那个责任可重大多了 |
[00:58] | What exactly is it that you contribute? | 那你又为这个家做了什么 |
[01:01] | You haven’t had an acting job in months. | 你都好几个月没接到片约了 |
[01:03] | That’s because I’m at an awkward age. | 那是因为我现在的年龄太尴尬 |
[01:05] | You have been at an awkward age for three decades. | 你年龄都尴尬了30年了 |
[01:08] | If I can just stick it out a bit longer, | 如果我能再坚持几年 |
[01:10] | I’ll segue into a whole new range of roles. | 就能胜任一个全新的角色类型 |
[01:13] | Corpses? | 演尸体吗 |
[01:18] | So, what is it you need to talk to us about, Vi? | 你到底想跟我们说什么 小维 |
[01:21] | Yes, Vi, we’re all yours. | 是啊 小维 今天我们任你差遣 |
[01:24] | You take all the time you need. | 你想说多久都可以 |
[01:26] | – Thank you, darling. – Did you tell her | -谢谢你 亲爱的 -你有没有告诉她 |
[01:27] | we have an appointment in 20 minutes? | 我们20分钟后有个预约 |
[01:30] | Yes. | 说了 |
[01:31] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:33] | We don’t really have an appointment, do we? | 我们其实并没有预约 对吧 |
[01:34] | No. | 没 |
[01:36] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:38] | It concerns my husband Jasper. | 是关于我丈夫加斯帕的 |
[01:40] | Oh, that’s right. I keep forgetting you’re married. | 对哦 我老是忘记你已经结婚了 |
[01:44] | Well, apparently so does he. | 很明显我老公也忘了 |
[01:46] | You see, I haven’t seen Jasper | 我们度完蜜月回来后 |
[01:48] | since we returned from our honeymoon. | 我就再没看到过加斯帕 |
[01:51] | It seems he’s disappeared. | 感觉他从人间蒸发了 |
[01:52] | Oh, poor Violet. | 可怜的维奥莱特 |
[01:55] | – If there’s anything you need… – Oh thank you, Stuart. | -你需要什么尽管说 -谢谢你 斯图尔特 |
[01:59] | No, don’t touch the cheese. | 别 别碰奶酪 |
[02:02] | It’s just for show. | 那是摆出来做样子的 |
[02:04] | Awfully sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[02:06] | But I don’t understand. Why didn’t you say anything before this? | 但我就是不明白 你之前怎么从来没提过 |
[02:10] | I suppose I was ashamed. | 可能是我觉得很丢脸吧 |
[02:12] | Perhaps I can say something to make you feel better. | 我有些话 你听了可能会好受点 |
[02:15] | – Would you like that? – Very much, darling. | -你想听吗 -非常想 亲爱的 |
[02:17] | You have nothing to be ashamed about, | 你没什么好觉得丢脸的 |
[02:19] | so you hold your head up high. | 抬头挺胸做人就好 |
[02:21] | Even though people are going to see you as pathetic and rejected, | 哪怕所有人都认为你很可怜 没人爱 |
[02:25] | cast off, abandoned, unlovable. | 是个弃妇 注定孤独 也没关系 |
[02:29] | I’ve changed my mind, I’d rather you didn’t make me feel better. | 我改主意了 我宁可你没说这话安慰我 |
[02:34] | Of course. When you’re ready, you just let me know. | 当然了 等你准备好了 随时告诉我 |
[02:39] | – Hello, Ash! – Hi! | -你好啊 艾什 -大家好 |
[02:41] | – Can I tell Ash? – I think maybe I’d like to. | -我能告诉艾什吗 -我想自己告诉他 |
[02:43] | Violet’s husband has left her. | 维奥莱特的老公抛弃了她 |
[02:46] | I’m sorry, Violet. | 我很遗憾 维奥莱特 |
[02:47] | He didn’t leave me, he just | 他没抛弃我 他只是 |
[02:49] | seems to have stepped out for a few weeks. | 暂时离开了几个星期 |
[02:52] | I’m sure he’ll turn up soon and then we’ll all laugh about it. | 他肯定会回来的 然后我们一笑了之 |
[02:55] | You hold on to that thought, dear. | 你就这样安慰自己吧 亲爱的 |
[02:58] | Gosh, Now I feel bad about | 天啊 这下我有点愧疚了 |
[03:00] | coming round to talk about my new girlfriend. | 因为我是来告诉你们我新交了个女朋友的 |
[03:02] | You should do! | 你的确该感到愧疚 |
[03:03] | Of course not, Ash, I’m very happy for you. | 当然没事 艾什 我真心为你高兴 |
[03:06] | – Thanks, Violet. – I only hope she’s able to… satisfy you, | -谢了 维奥莱特 -我只希望她能 满足你 |
[03:11] | because if she’s not able to satisfy you… | 因为如果她不能满足你 |
[03:13] | She is! She totally is. | 她可以的 她能把我榨干 |
[03:16] | Good. | 很好 |
[03:18] | How, exactly? | 具体是怎么满足的啊 |
[03:20] | Stuart? Drinks. I see lots of empty glasses. | 斯图尔特 倒酒 好多杯子都空了 |
[03:23] | Stop treating me like a servant, Freddie. | 别再把我像仆人一样使唤 弗雷迪 |
[03:27] | I told you, I don’t like it! | 我说过我不喜欢这样 |
[03:29] | You’ll notice he still gets the drinks. | 但他还是会给大家倒酒的 |
[03:32] | Oh, I have a fun idea. | 我有个好主意 |
[03:35] | Why don’t we all take you out to dinner, | 不如我们带你出去吃晚饭吧 |
[03:38] | to cheer you up, Violet? | 让你开开心 维奥莱特 |
[03:39] | Oh, I’ve been dying to try that new sushi restaurant. | 我一直想去那家新开的寿司店 |
[03:43] | Yes and why not eat monkeys’ brains too, while we’re at it? | 好啊 不如我们去了顺便尝尝猴脑吧 |
[03:48] | Oh, don’t be so ignorant, Freddie. | 别这么无知 弗雷迪 |
[03:51] | I’m sure it’s not all… | 我相信那里并非都是… |
[03:53] | bizarre, uncooked, stinky God-knows-what. | 怪异 没烹煮过 臭死人 鬼知道是什么的食物 |
[03:58] | – Are you coming, Ash? – Sorry, I’ve got plans with my girlfriend. | -你一起去吗 艾什 -抱歉 我跟女友有约了 |
[04:01] | Please stop talking about your girlfriend! | 别再提你女朋友了 |
[04:03] | Can’t you see this woman is all alone, terrified and forgotten? | 你没发现这个女人孤独 惊恐 被抛弃了吗 |
[04:07] | She’s got nobody! | 她生无所恋 |
[04:10] | Can you believe how insensitive he’s being? | 真不敢相信他这么不通人情 |
[04:18] | – Who’s paying for this, anyway? – We all are, Mason. | -话说晚餐谁来付钱啊 -我们均摊啊 梅森 |
[04:21] | It’s to make Violet feel better | 主要是为了安慰维奥莱特 |
[04:24] | because her husband has been so awful to her. | 因为她丈夫对待她的行为实在太恶劣了 |
[04:26] | Then shouldn’t he be paying? | 那不应该是他来付钱吗 |
[04:28] | Where’s Violet? We’ve been waiting ages. | 维奥莱特哪儿去了 我们都等得海枯石烂了 |
[04:31] | Yes, and I can’t stay much longer. | 是啊 我不能继续等了 |
[04:33] | Why? Where do you have to go? | 为什么 你要去哪里 |
[04:36] | I do have a life outside of all of you. | 除了和你们相处 我还有别的生活呢 |
[04:38] | No, you don’t. | 你有个屁 |
[04:40] | Please tell Violet I’m sorry I missed her. | 请告诉维奥莱特 我很遗憾没能见到她 |
[04:42] | You can’t go! | 你不能走 |
[04:44] | The only reason we invited you | 我们之所以邀请你 |
[04:46] | is so that we’d have another person to split the bill with. | 就是为了多一个人和我们一起分摊费用 |
[04:49] | Yes, I realise that now, and it’s so expensive too. | 是的 我这下明白了 而且这里的东西真贵 |
[04:55] | Bugger! | 混蛋 |
[04:56] | Everybody order one thing. No drinks. | 每人只能点一样 不许点酒水 |
[04:59] | I’m sorry I’m late, everyone. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[05:01] | Oh, my goodness, Violet! | 我的天 维奥莱特 |
[05:03] | Imagine seeing you here in Japan. | 竟然在日本的这家餐厅偶遇你呢 |
[05:06] | We’re not in Japan! | 我们这不是在日本 |
[05:07] | You didn’t miss anything, Vi, | 你什么都没错过 小维 |
[05:09] | only Mason being an asshole. | 只错过了梅森的混蛋行为 |
[05:11] | Let me just get settled. | 我先准备一下 |
[05:21] | – I’m in a frightful state. – We see that. | -我现在状态不好 -看出来了 |
[05:24] | Does it have anything to do with your husband? | 是和你丈夫的事有关吗 |
[05:27] | In a way. | 有一点吧 |
[05:30] | I just got an email from my sister. | 我刚刚收到我妹妹发来的邮件 |
[05:34] | She’s coming to visit. | 她要来看我 |
[05:35] | You’ve never mentioned a sister. | 你从没说过你还有个妹妹啊 |
[05:38] | Well, Lillian and I haven’t seen each other in years. | 莉莉安和我好多年没见过面了 |
[05:41] | She married a wealthy man and moved away, | 她嫁给一个富豪之后就搬走了 |
[05:44] | and since then she’s always looked down on me. | 从那以后她就一直看不起我 |
[05:47] | I’ve no idea why. | 我也不知道为什么 |
[05:49] | Perhaps because your life never amounted to much? | 也许是因为你一直一事无成 |
[05:53] | I have something to tell you, | 我要告诉你们一些事情 |
[05:55] | but I don’t want you to think me uncouth. | 但我不想让你们觉得我是个粗俗的人 |
[05:57] | You just pulled a bottle of vodka out of your bag! | 你刚刚都从包里拿出一瓶伏特加了还怕什么 |
[06:01] | It’s a little late for that, don’t you think? | 现在说这种话已经有点晚了 不是吗 |
[06:03] | I lied to Lillian. | 我对莉莉安撒谎了 |
[06:05] | When I got married, I told her Jasper was very successful | 当年我结婚的时候 我骗她说加斯帕是个富豪 |
[06:09] | and we lived in a grand flat with a staff of servants. | 我们住在一间大房子里 还有一堆仆人服侍 |
[06:13] | Now when she arrives tomorrow, she’s going to learn the truth, | 等她明天来了 她就会发现我的真实状况 |
[06:16] | that he left me and I’ve got… nothing. | 发现他抛弃了我 而我一无所有 |
[06:21] | What if I had an idea that could solve everything? | 如果我有个办法 能解决所有问题呢 |
[06:25] | That’s impossible. | 那是绝对不可能的 |
[06:27] | The only way you could solve this is with some elaborate deception | 唯一的解决办法 就是一场精心策划的骗局 |
[06:30] | where one of us pretends to be Vi’s husband | 我们其中一个人假扮是小维的丈夫 |
[06:33] | and the rest of us pose as the household staff. | 剩下的人就假扮仆人 |
[06:36] | And of course we’d have to do it in our flat. | 当然了 得在我们家演 |
[06:38] | Hers is a hellhole. | 她家就跟地狱一样 |
[06:40] | That was my idea. | 我也是这么想的 |
[06:42] | Well, that could work. | 那应该能行的 |
[06:45] | I had a great time tonight, | 我今晚过得很开心 |
[06:47] | and even though it hasn’t been that long, | 虽然我们认识时间并不算长 |
[06:49] | I feel like we know each other really well, Jessica. | 但我感觉我们已经很熟悉对方了 杰茜卡 |
[06:51] | My name’s not Jessica. It’s Jess. | 我不叫杰茜卡 我叫杰茜 |
[06:54] | – Oh, I thought it was short for Jessica. – It’s not. | -我以为那是杰茜卡的简称 -不是 |
[06:57] | Well, aside from not knowing your name, | 除了不知道你的名字 |
[07:01] | I feel like we’ve got really close. | 我认为我们还是很亲密的 |
[07:04] | I do, too. | 我也觉得 |
[07:06] | Hey, do you wanna get some ice cream? | 你想吃冰淇淋吗 |
[07:09] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[07:14] | I was thinking, do you want to move in with me? | 我刚刚想着 你愿意搬过来跟我一起住吗 |
[07:18] | – I haven’t even met your family yet. – You will soon, I promise. | -我都没见过你家人呢 -你马上就能见到了 |
[07:23] | Then you’ll definitely want to move in with me! | 见过之后你肯定会想搬来和我一起住的 |
[07:25] | We’ll see. I still don’t know that much about you, Ash. | 到时候再说吧 我还不怎么了解你 艾什 |
[07:29] | Well, I already know all I need to know about you, Jessica. | 我要知道的都已经知道了 杰茜卡 |
[07:32] | Jess. | 是杰茜 |
[07:33] | Shit! | 我操 |
[07:36] | I can’t thank you enough for doing this for me, Stuart. | 我真不知道该怎么感谢你为我这么做 斯图尔特 |
[07:39] | Not Stuart! Jasper! | 不是斯图尔特 是加斯帕 |
[07:42] | Your loving and successful husband! | 我是爱你至深的富豪丈夫 |
[07:45] | Right. | 没错 |
[07:47] | Oh, I hope this works. | 我希望这办法能奏效 |
[07:49] | Look, it’s only one lunch. | 就一顿午餐而已 |
[07:51] | Then Lillian has to catch her train. | 然后莉莉安就要去赶火车了 |
[07:53] | Oh, she should be here any moment. Where’s Freddie? | 她随时都可能到 弗雷迪呢 |
[07:55] | Why do I have to be the butler? | 为什么要我演管家 |
[08:00] | It’s much more believable if I’m the husband. | 如果我演丈夫的话会更有说服力啊 |
[08:03] | Well you’re the one who pinched the costume, | 毕竟这套戏服是你顺手牵羊弄来的 |
[08:06] | from when you were on Downton Abbey. | 是你参演《唐顿庄园》时顺来的 |
[08:09] | They gave it to me. | 是剧组送我的 |
[08:10] | Besides, you’re never going to pass as straight. | 再说了 你演”直”男一点都不像 |
[08:13] | You’re making that rug gay just by standing on it! | 你光是站在地毯上 就能把它踩”弯” |
[08:16] | Oh, I can pass as straight. | 我完全可以扮直男的 |
[08:19] | After all, I have had sex with a woman. | 毕竟 我可是和女人上过床的人 |
[08:22] | Yes, over 50 years ago. | 是啊 都过去50多年了 |
[08:24] | Well, I imagine it still all works the same, doesn’t it? | 不管世事如何变迁 做爱方式依然不变 不是吗 |
[08:32] | More or less. | 多少变了点吧 |
[08:34] | It’s changed a bit over the years. | 这么多年来还是有点变化的 |
[08:37] | I can’t even tell you the things we’re expected to do now. | 我都没脸说现在某些床上花样了 |
[08:46] | I only do them to be polite. | 我也是碍于情面才迎合一下的 |
[08:50] | I guarantee that I will be able to pass as straight, Freddie! | 我保证我扮直男肯定能过关的 弗雷迪 |
[08:54] | Perhaps if you don’t move or open your mouth. | 除非你坐着不动 或是不张嘴说话 |
[08:56] | Anyone can see that you should be the servant. | 大家一眼都能看出你才该是仆人 |
[08:58] | Now what is that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[09:00] | Nothing, just that you | 没什么 就是觉得 |
[09:02] | look and behave like a servant, that’s all. | 你的一举一动都仆味十足 就这样 |
[09:04] | Well, you’re an actor. Think of it as a role. | 毕竟你是专业演员 代入这个角色就好了 |
[09:07] | Yes, of course. I am an actor. | 是啊 当然了 我是演员嘛 |
[09:10] | This could be the greatest performance of my career. | 说不定这能成为我职业生涯的巅峰 |
[09:15] | All right, take it down a notch, | 好了 稍微控制一下程度 |
[09:17] | Sir Laurence Olivi-gay. | 劳伦斯·奥”基”维尔[著名男星] |
[09:20] | Oh, that’s Lillian. | 好了 莉莉安来了 |
[09:22] | Oh, good luck, everyone. | 大家加油 |
[09:32] | Well, you’re the butler. Go and answer it! | 你是管家啊 快去应门 |
[09:35] | Oh, yes! | 对哦 |
[09:39] | – Wait. What’s my name? – Freddie! | -等等 我的角色名是什么 -弗雷迪 |
[09:42] | Freddie. | 弗雷迪 |
[09:44] | Got it. | 记住了 |
[09:47] | Hello, Vi! | 你好啊 小维 |
[09:49] | Tut tut tut tut tut. | 等等等等等 |
[09:50] | No speaking until you’ve been announced. | 在被通报前 不能说话 |
[09:53] | – Name, please? – Lillian Haverfield-Wickham. | -报上名来 -莉莉安·哈维弗德-威克汉姆 |
[09:57] | No, I didn’t get that. Speak up. | 我没听清 大声点 |
[09:59] | – Lillian Haverfield-Wickham. – Yes. | -莉莉安·哈维弗德-威克汉姆 -好的 |
[10:01] | May I present the Lady… Are you a Lady? | 有请夫人…你是贵夫人吗 |
[10:05] | No. | 不是 |
[10:08] | Well, may I present the perfectly ordinary person, then, | 那么 有请这位平凡的普通人 |
[10:11] | Lillian Hooverdamp-Woosenfield? | 莉莉安·胡说八道-王母威武 |
[10:19] | All right, go and say hello. We’re finished. | 好了 可以进去打招呼了 没什么事了 |
[10:22] | – Violet, dearest! – Lillian, darling. | -维奥莱特 亲爱的 -莉莉安 亲爱的 |
[10:25] | It’s been so long. Let me look at you. | 好久没见了 让我瞧瞧你 |
[10:30] | OK, I’m finished. | 好了 瞧完了 |
[10:32] | And you must be Jasper. | 你一定就是加斯帕了 |
[10:37] | I’m very glad to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[10:42] | Violet didn’t tell me how handsome you were. | 维奥莱特可没跟我说你长这么俊啊 |
[10:44] | Oh, my goodness, thank you! | 天了噜 谢谢你哟 |
[10:49] | I mean, thank you. | 我是说 谢谢 |
[10:52] | Violet speaks so highly of you, | 维奥莱特总对你赞不绝口 |
[10:55] | usually after we’ve had sex. | 一般都是趁我们做完爱后就夸 |
[11:00] | – How odd. – Oh, you must forgive Jasper, | -真古怪 -你务必要原谅加斯帕 |
[11:03] | he has an insatiable sexual appetite. | 他简直是欲求无度 |
[11:05] | Yes, I can’t get enough of this one! | 没错 我就是上她上多少次都不够 |
[11:12] | Shall I find you something to vomit in, madam? | 要我找个东西给你吐一下吗 太太 |
[11:16] | I’m all right for the time being, thank you. | 我暂时还用不着 谢了 |
[11:20] | All right, don’t just stand there, take the lady’s coat! | 别傻站着啊 帮忙把夫人的外套取下来 |
[11:22] | All right, calm down. | 好了 冷静点 |
[11:24] | May I? | 请 |
[11:25] | – I love your flat. – Oh, thank you. | -我好喜欢你这房子啊 -谢谢 |
[11:28] | Why are you thanking me? It’s not your flat. | 怎么是你谢谢我 又不是你的房子 |
[11:33] | I beg your pardon, but the master is so kind | 真是抱歉 但主人心地善良 |
[11:35] | that I often think of this home as my own. | 我一直把这里当做自己家 |
[11:39] | You see, I never came from much. | 其实 我出身贫寒 |
[11:42] | Mother died when I was six… | 6岁丧母 |
[11:46] | And then they sent me off to the workhouse | 然后他们把我送去了救济院 |
[11:48] | and this is the only family I’ve ever known. | 这里就是我唯一的家 |
[11:51] | What a touching story. | 多么令人动容的故事 |
[11:53] | They do get attached. | 仆人的确很容易产生感情 |
[11:55] | All right, pull yourself together | 好了 振作一点 |
[11:57] | or it’s back to the workhouse. | 否则就再把你送回救济院 |
[12:01] | Why don’t we have some tea? | 何不来饮些茶呢 |
[12:12] | I’m about to introduce you | 我马上就把你介绍给 |
[12:13] | to the most important people in my life, Jess. | 我生命中最重要的人 杰茜 |
[12:15] | I’m so excited. Oh, I hope they like me. | 好激动啊 希望他们喜欢我 |
[12:17] | I know they will. | 我相信肯定会的 |
[12:18] | You’ll never meet more authentic people than these. | 他们是我见过的最真诚的人 |
[12:22] | Master Ar-sh to see you. | 艾什少爷回来了 |
[12:25] | Ash, darling, come to Mummy! | 艾什宝贝 快来妈咪这儿 |
[12:32] | We weren’t expecting you home this early, son, | 我们都没想到你这么早就回来了 儿子 |
[12:35] | were we, dearest? | 对吧亲爱的 |
[12:40] | No, we weren’t. | 是啊 没想到呢 |
[12:43] | O…k. | 好 吧 |
[12:46] | Aren’t you going to introduce me to everybody, Ash? | 你不打算介绍我认识一下大家吗 艾什 |
[12:53] | Maybe they should introduce themselves first! | 不如让他们做个自我介绍吧 |
[12:56] | I’m Ash’s father, Jasper, dear, | 我是艾什的父亲 加斯帕 亲爱的 |
[12:59] | and this ravishing creature is my wife Violet. | 这个性感尤物是我妻子维奥莱特 |
[13:04] | And I’m Ash’s stepmother, darling, | 我是艾什的继母 亲爱的 |
[13:06] | but we’ve become incredibly close. | 但我们之间的关系极其亲密 |
[13:09] | Now, give Mummy a kiss. | 来 吻一下妈咪 |
[13:25] | Ash is from my first marriage. | 艾什是我在第一段婚姻中生的儿子 |
[13:28] | I’ve had sex with a lot of women. | 我跟很多女人做过爱 |
[13:34] | I’m Freddie the butler. | 我是管家弗雷迪 |
[13:36] | You see, I never came from much. | 我出身贫寒 |
[13:40] | Mother died when I was six… | 我6岁丧母 |
[13:41] | Nobody wants to hear all that again. | 没人想再次听到这个故事 |
[13:43] | Go and fill some glasses. | 去给大家把酒满上 |
[13:45] | Oh, yes, I believe you mentioned Jasper had a son. | 对哦 我想起来你的确提到过加斯帕有个儿子 |
[13:48] | I never knew you could be so maternal. | 我从来都不知道你会这么有母爱呢 |
[13:51] | I’m very maternal. | 我超有母爱的 |
[13:52] | Sometimes when Ash has a nightmare, | 有时候当艾什做噩梦的时候 |
[13:55] | he even climbs into bed with us. | 他还会爬到我们的床上来睡呢 |
[13:58] | No, I don’t. | 不 并没有 |
[13:59] | Oh, that’s so sweet. And unusual. | 那真是太有爱了 也很 不寻常 |
[14:05] | Didn’t you also tell me | 你不是还跟我说 |
[14:06] | he was a champion gymnast, Violet? | 他是个出色的体操运动员吗 维奥莱特 |
[14:10] | I did. | 没错 |
[14:12] | Why would you say that, Mum? | 你为什么要那么说啊 妈咪 |
[14:15] | Oh, do something for us. A back flip perhaps? | 来表演一下吧 后空翻什么的 |
[14:19] | I’d rather not. | 我看还是免了吧 |
[14:20] | I didn’t know you were a gymnast. | 我都不知道你曾是个体操运动员呢 |
[14:23] | Oh, yes, he’s very limber! | 是啊 他身体超灵活的呢 |
[14:27] | Oh, do, please! | 来表演下嘛 |
[14:29] | Yes, come on, son, you’re embarrassing us in front of company. | 来吧 儿子 你让我们在客人面前丢人了啊 |
[14:33] | – No, really, I… – Oh, just do it, for Christ’s sake! | -不是 我… -赶紧做 别废话了 |
[14:42] | I did it! | 我做到了 |
[14:45] | – I did it! – Yeah! | -我做到了 -耶 |
[14:52] | My, what a very high-pitched squeal that was. | 天了噜 声音可真细真尖啊 |
[14:58] | Is it all right if I hoover in here? | 我可以用吸尘器打扫下这里吗 |
[15:00] | It’s not a good time, Penelope. | 现在不是时候 佩内洛普 |
[15:02] | Well, I leave at five, | 我5点可就下班了 |
[15:03] | so if you want it done, it’ll have to be soon. | 如果你们还希望我打扫 那就得快点开工了 |
[15:07] | Oh, could I have a glass of water, please? | 能给我一杯水吗 |
[15:09] | No. Who do you think I am? | 不行 你把我当什么了啊 |
[15:12] | Freddie! Drinks! | 弗雷迪 倒酒 |
[15:14] | And I see lots of empty glasses. | 好多杯子都空了 |
[15:18] | Sometimes I’m not quite sure what he does, | 有时候我都不太确定他还能干些什么 |
[15:21] | other than cash my cheques. | 除了从我这儿领工资啥也不会 |
[15:26] | Might I have a word with you in the kitchen, sir? | 我能跟您去厨房里说点事吗 老爷 |
[15:29] | If you will excuse us. | 那我们先失陪一下 |
[15:32] | He probably wants to tell me another one of his sob stories, | 他估计又想跟我说一个他的悲惨故事 |
[15:35] | so he can squeeze a few more pounds out of me. | 好从我这儿多挤榨出一些钱 |
[15:41] | You’re treating me horribly! | 你对我实在太恶劣了 |
[15:43] | What are you talking about? I’m only doing it for Violet. | 你在胡说些什么呢 我是为维奥莱特才这么做的 |
[15:46] | It seems like you’re enjoying bossing me around entirely too much. | 似乎你有点过于享受使唤我了 |
[15:49] | Oh, is this your way to get even with me? | 你是想通过这种方式报复我吗 |
[15:52] | Of course not. | 当然不是啦 |
[15:54] | No, it’s only because you are so believable as the butler, | 不 完全是因为你演管家的可信度太高了 |
[15:58] | the character you’ve created is so vivid and alive. | 你塑造的这个角色真是生动形象 无懈可击 |
[16:02] | Yes, yes, well, | 是啊 没错 |
[16:04] | that’s because I came up with a back story for him. | 那是因为我为他创造了一个背景故事 |
[16:07] | – You see… – Yeah, I know, we’ve heard it several times. | -那个…-我知道 我们都听过好几次了 |
[16:11] | Just try to be a little kinder. | 稍微和善那么一点点 |
[16:13] | Freddie is more fragile than he lets on. | 弗雷迪的内心可没他表面那么坚强 |
[16:16] | All right. | 好啦 |
[16:28] | Oh, I hate this job. | 我好讨厌这份工作 |
[16:32] | I feel like I’ve been talking about myself | 我感觉我一直在谈论我自己 |
[16:34] | and my wonderful life all this time. | 和我优越幸福的生活 |
[16:37] | Tell me, Lillian, how is your husband? | 告诉我 莉莉安 你丈夫怎么样了 |
[16:40] | He’s still dead, but we’re getting along better. | 他依然是个死人 不过我们相处得融洽多了 |
[16:45] | I can’t believe you’re sisters. | 我真不敢相信你们竟然是姐妹 |
[16:47] | You both seem so different. | 你们两个简直是截然不同 |
[16:50] | And haven’t you got the most beautiful hair | 你的头发真是我这辈子 |
[16:53] | I’ve ever seen in my entire life? | 见过的最美的呢 |
[16:59] | They don’t seem that different to me. | 在我看来她们可没那么大的不同 |
[17:03] | So, Ash, what brings you both here? | 艾什 你们两个此次到访是所为何事啊 |
[17:06] | Well, I wanted to introduce you to Jess | 我原本想介绍你们认识下杰茜 |
[17:08] | and tell you that I, er… | 然后告诉你们 我… |
[17:11] | – Never mind. – Tell us what, darling? | -算了 没什么 -告诉我们什么啊 亲爱的 |
[17:14] | Maybe now is not the best time. | 现在或许不是时候 |
[17:16] | Ash asked me to move in with him. | 艾什让我搬过来跟他同居 |
[17:17] | – I said I had to think about it. – Already? | -我说我得考虑一下 -这么快就同居了吗 |
[17:20] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[17:21] | Don’t you think it’s a bit quick, son? | 你不觉得这有点太快了吗 儿啊 |
[17:23] | Yes, you must think long and hard about this, Ash. | 是啊 你可得仔细想清楚了 艾什 |
[17:26] | You know, we only want what’s best for you, | 我们也希望你开心幸福 |
[17:28] | but I’d hate to see | 但我真不愿意看到 |
[17:29] | you rushing into something when you’re not ready. | 你尚未准备好 就仓促做出决定 |
[17:32] | This is a serious step. | 这可是很重大的一步啊 |
[17:35] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[17:35] | I really want you to support me in this, Freddie. | 我真的希望你能支持我这个决定 弗雷迪 |
[17:37] | Yes, and I would like to, | 好吧 我也很想支持 |
[17:39] | but I just can’t. | 但老夫做不到啊 |
[17:41] | Can I ask why the butler’s opinion is so important? | 我能问下为什么这个管家的意见那么重要吗 |
[17:47] | Well, it’s just that he practically raised Ash. | 因为艾什基本上是他一手带大的 |
[17:50] | You do know that Freddie’s mother died when he was only six? | 你知道弗雷迪6岁丧母的事吧 |
[17:56] | Then the poor thing was basically sold into child slavery. | 这个小可怜 差不多是被卖去当奴隶了 |
[18:01] | Obviously that’s going to have an effect on his behaviour at times. | 显然 那偶尔会影响到他的某些行为 |
[18:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢理解 |
[18:14] | Yes, dear, but Freddie sometimes oversteps his bounds. | 没错 亲爱的 但弗雷迪有时候会越界 |
[18:19] | He is an employee and needs to know his place. | 他只是个打工的 得搞清楚自己的身份才行 |
[18:23] | So let’s go, you! Drinks! | 你个老东西 快去拿酒 |
[18:26] | All right, I’ve had enough! | 行了 我受够了 |
[18:28] | How dare you speak to me like that, you little shit! | 你竟敢那样跟我说话 你这坨臭狗屎 |
[18:33] | That’s it! You’re fired! | 够了 你被炒了 |
[18:36] | Fired? I’ve been with this family for 30 years! | 炒了 我侍奉这个家庭已经30年了 |
[18:41] | I can’t do his work and mine! | 我无法一个人做两个人的工作啊 |
[18:54] | – And who are you? – I have no idea. | -你又是谁啊 -我也不知道 |
[18:59] | Shouldn’t you be catching your train, Lillian? | 你不是该去赶火车了吗 莉莉安 |
[19:01] | Didn’t I tell you? I’m not catching the train. | 我没跟你说吗 我不赶火车了 |
[19:03] | I’ve decided to stay with you for a while. | 我打算陪你住一段时间 |
[19:09] | Who do I speak to about my redundancy package? | 我该找谁谈一下遣散费的事 |
[19:16] | I think it’s time we had a little talk, Lillian. | 我觉得我们是时候稍微谈一下了 莉莉安 |
[19:18] | Yes, I agree. It’s been too long. | 是的 同意 好久没谈过了 |
[19:22] | I hadn’t even realised your husband had died. | 我都不知道你丈夫去世的事儿呢 |
[19:25] | Two. Starting to make me self-conscious. | 两任丈夫都死了 都开始让我觉得自己克夫了 |
[19:28] | Look, there’s something I have to tell you, Lillian. | 听着 我有件事要告诉你 莉莉安 |
[19:31] | Before you do, there’s something I have to tell you, too. | 在你开口之前 我也有事要告诉你 |
[19:35] | I don’t have any money, Violet. I’m broke. | 我并没有钱 维奥莱特 我破产了 |
[19:38] | Both my husbands left me with nothing | 我的两任丈夫一点遗产都没留给我 |
[19:41] | and all four of my children are drug addicts, | 而且我的4个孩子都是瘾君子 |
[19:43] | but that’s a whole other story. | 不过那是另外一件事了 |
[19:46] | I’ve lied to you all these years | 我这么多年来一直都骗了你 |
[19:48] | to make myself seem something I wasn’t. | 装作过着富贵的生活 其实并非如此 |
[19:51] | Now, what did you want to tell me? | 你刚刚想对我说什么来着 |
[19:57] | That I’ve never liked you. | 就是我从来就没喜欢过你 |
[20:00] | Now I think you should leave. | 我觉得你该走了 |
[20:02] | I don’t feel comfortable having a liar in my home. | 我不太能接受家里多了个撒谎精 |
[20:08] | Fine! I’ll go! | 行 我走 |
[20:12] | It’s been absolutely splendid meeting you all, | 认识你们这群人真是让人太开心了 |
[20:14] | but I must be heading home. | 但我必须回家了 |
[20:16] | Oh, and just so you know, your husband’s gay. | 顺便告诉你一声 你丈夫是个基佬 |
[20:25] | I told you! | 我就说吧 |
[20:29] | Ash, I’m confused. Is that man your father? | 艾什 我搞糊涂了 那个男人是你父亲吗 |
[20:33] | Well, not really. | 并不是 |
[20:34] | We’ve all just been pretending, darling, | 我们都是在演戏呢 亲爱的 |
[20:37] | in order to make my sister think that I’m wealthy. | 就为了让我妹妹觉得我是个有钱人 |
[20:40] | This is Freddie and Stuart’s flat, | 这是弗雷迪和斯图尔特的公寓 |
[20:42] | and we’re all their friends. | 我们都是他们的朋友 |
[20:44] | Oh, my God. That’s… amazing. | 天啊 那真是…太赞了 |
[20:48] | I think I want to move in here! | 我倒是觉得我想搬到这里来住 |
[20:51] | Welcome to our little family, Jessica. | 欢迎加入我们的小家庭 杰茜卡 |
[20:54] | It’s actually just Jess. | 其实就是杰茜而已 |
[20:56] | No. It’s Jessica. | 不 是杰茜卡 |
[20:58] | I was only kidding before. Duhh! | 我之前是开玩笑的啦 小傻瓜 |
[21:02] | You people are all fucking insane. | 你们这些人都他妈是疯子啊 |
[21:10] | May I have some more tea, please? | 能再给我加点茶吗 |
[21:13] | Certainly. | 当然可以 |
[21:14] | And I shouldn’t have to ask. | 本该不需要我开口才对 |
[21:16] | I should never be looking at an empty cup. | 我的杯子就不该是空的 |
[21:20] | Well, here we are again, you treating me like rubbish… | 又回到之前的老情况了 你把我当垃圾一样对待 |
[21:24] | and me waiting upon you. | 我却在一旁等着伺候你 |
[21:27] | But it feels right, somehow. | 但不知为何这让人感觉很自然 |
[21:30] | It does. | 确实 |
[21:33] | Morning. | 早上好 |