时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey! What are you doing tomorrow? | 你明天有什么事做吗 |
[00:08] | Well, it’s Tuesday, so I’m gonna be at school. | 明天是星期二 我当然是在学校啦 |
[00:11] | What are you gonna do? | 那你明天有什么事做呢 |
[00:13] | I meant after school. | 我问的是明天放学后啦 |
[00:15] | Hey, here’s an idea off the top of my head. | 跟你说 我刚刚想到一个主意 |
[00:16] | Not like I put any thought into it. | 不是早有预谋的哈 |
[00:18] | Why don’t we play dress-up? You can be, I don’t know, | 我们不如玩化装游戏吧 你可以扮成那种 |
[00:19] | a middle-aged Southern belle. | 中年南方美女 |
[00:23] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[00:25] | How about you play dress-up as someone who gets real | 要不你来扮一个说实话的人 |
[00:27] | and tells me what they really want. | 然后告诉我到底是什么回事好吗 |
[00:29] | Okay, I need you to do this | 好吧 我让你化装 |
[00:31] | because I applied for an after-school job, | 是因为我申请了一个课外工作 |
[00:33] | and I need a recommendation from my former employer, Mrs. Dubois. | 我需要我的前雇主杜布瓦夫人的推荐 |
[00:36] | The only problem is, Mrs. Dubois does not exist. | 唯一的问题就是 杜布瓦夫人是我瞎编的 |
[00:40] | So you want me to pretend to be your old boss, | 你想让我假装是你的前老板 |
[00:44] | and you picked a Southern belle? | 还非得选南方美女这身份 |
[00:45] | It was either that or a Russian contortionist. | 你不当这个就要当俄罗斯柔术演员了 |
[00:48] | Your spine should be thanking me. | 你该谢我没弄折你的脊柱 |
[00:51] | Come on, it is a cool job. | 求你了 这工作很棒啦 |
[00:52] | Working at a food bank, helping people in our community. | 在食物赈济处里工作 帮助我们社区里的人们 |
[00:55] | Don’t you want me to be a better person? | 难道你不想我变得更善良吗 |
[00:56] | Of course I do. You know what? Let me get you started off. | 我当然想啊 让我给你在这事儿上开个头吧 |
[00:59] | Stop lying about your work experience. | 别再乱编你的工作经验 |
[01:02] | Come on, KC, please. | KC 求你了 |
[01:04] | Okay, fine. | 唉 好吧 |
[01:05] | Fine. What are we thinking? | 打算怎样弄啊 |
[01:07] | Big hair? Maybe some glasses. | 也许来个爆炸头 再加一副眼镜 |
[01:09] | Whatever you think. | 随你的意 |
[01:10] | But a parasol wouldn’t kill anybody. | 不过如果能再拿把太阳伞就最好了 |
[01:12] | Actually, last time I used a parasol | 其实上次我做任务时 |
[01:14] | on a mission… You know what? Never mind. | 就用了把太阳伞然后就 还是算了 当我没说 |
[01:16] | I’ll do it. | 我会帮你的 |
[01:19] | Oh, when danger comes for you | 当危险向你逼近 |
[01:22] | you know I’ll stand beside ya | 我将会与你同行 |
[01:25] | ’cause ain’t nobody keep their heads so cool | 只要我头脑冷静 |
[01:29] | I’ll always find a way | 一定能找到出路 |
[01:31] | a way out of the fire | 逃脱这一片火海 |
[01:35] | but don’t tell nobody, tell nobody | 保守秘密 讳莫如深 |
[01:38] | I’m not perfect, so many things I | 生活繁复 我不完美 |
[01:42] | wanna tell you, but I… | 想向你倾诉 可我必须 |
[01:46] | I keep it undercover | 深藏不露 |
[01:47] | livin’ my life on red alert | 生活在警戒之中 |
[01:49] | doin’ my thing, I’ll make it work | 承担起工作之责 |
[01:52] | know I’m the realest, baby I’m fearless | 真刀真枪 无惧无畏 |
[01:54] | but I always got your back | 我会永远支持你 |
[01:56] | nobody can do it like I can | 我练就一身本领 |
[01:58] | I gotta find out who I am | 我仍在寻找自我 |
[02:00] | ain’t gotta worry about me | 无需为我担忧 |
[02:03] | it’s all part of the plan | 一切按计划进行 |
[02:04] | I keep it undercover | 我要深藏不露 |
[02:07] | I keep it undercover | 我要深藏不露 |
[02:13] | Yeah, I think this batch is gonna work. | 这批试剂应该有效了 |
[02:17] | Bro. | 老弟 |
[02:18] | How many times do I have to tell you, | 我得告诉你多少次啊 |
[02:20] | you cannot make yourself a girlfriend. | 你不可能给自己造一个女朋友出来的 |
[02:24] | For your information, I happen to be working on | 跟你说 我这是在 |
[02:26] | advancing my career. | 推动我的事业进展 |
[02:27] | As what? A weird scientist. | 什么事业啊 当奇葩科学家吗 |
[02:29] | ‘Cause you’re already halfway there. | 这样的话你已经快要成功了 |
[02:31] | Oh, clown all you want. | 随便损我吧 |
[02:33] | You certainly have the feet for it. | 你这个大脚怪还敢说我呢 |
[02:36] | I am trying to make a name for myself | 我想在组织里 |
[02:39] | in the Organization. | 闯出名堂 |
[02:40] | Oh, really? I thought you already had a name. | 真的吗 你在组织不是早里有名号了吗 |
[02:42] | Agent Nobody Else Was Available. Ha ha! | 没人有空才找你特工嘛 哈哈 |
[02:44] | Eh. | 不好笑 |
[02:47] | Look, this is my shot. | 听着 这可是我的机会 |
[02:49] | I know I’m never gonna be Action Hero Guy. | 我知道自己永远都不可能成为搏斗高手 |
[02:53] | Feel free to disagree at any point. | 你们随便反对我的说法啊 |
[02:57] | – Sure, you could. – Sure, you can. | -你当然可以啊 -你当然行 |
[02:58] | Anyway, I have mad serious science skills. | 不管怎样 我在科学方面是真厉害 |
[03:02] | And lab techs solve just as many cases as field agents. | 而且实验室里的技术人员破的案不比外勤特工少 |
[03:05] | I’m just trying to improve myself. | 我只是在试着提高自己的能力 |
[03:07] | But if you wanna make fun of me, go right ahead. | 但是如果你想取笑我的话 尽管来啊 |
[03:10] | Fine. You’re so ugly | 好啊 你那么丑 |
[03:11] | that when Agent Kira dropped you off at school, | 吉拉特工送你到学校放你下车后 |
[03:14] | she got a ticket for littering. Ha! | 她会收到乱扔垃圾的罚单 哈 |
[03:15] | Denied. | 不好笑 |
[03:20] | You know what? Science is cool | 知道吗 科学确实很酷 |
[03:22] | and so are you. I’m proud of you, bro. | 你也一样 我真为你感到骄傲 老弟 |
[03:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[03:25] | It feels nice to be appreciated. | 被夸的感觉真好 |
[03:27] | Plus, when I get rich from my experiments, | 还有 等我的实验品赚到钱之后 |
[03:29] | I’m gonna be able to buy myself a 3-D printer. | 我就有钱给自己买个3D打印机了 |
[03:31] | That’s right, this boy’s not going to prom alone. | 没错 本大爷不用一个人去舞会了 |
[03:47] | Uh, why is that glass empty? | 呃 为啥这个杯子空了 |
[03:49] | What happened to the truth serum I’ve been working on? | 我在研制的诚实药水去哪里了 |
[03:55] | Oh, hey, Sophie. Good seeing you. | 嗨 索菲 很高兴见到你 |
[03:58] | You still smell like cat pee. | 你闻起来还是那么像猫尿呢 |
[04:02] | Why did I just say that? | 我干嘛说出来啊 |
[04:04] | I mean, it’s true, but why did I just say that? | 虽然是事实 但我刚才干嘛要说出来啊 |
[04:06] | Oh, hey, what’s up, guys? | 嗨 大家好啊 |
[04:08] | Way to lose that 58-point lead last night. | 昨晚领先五十八分都能输了比赛 真是牛 |
[04:10] | You guys choke more than CPR dummies. | 你们的表现比急救假人还差啊 |
[04:15] | I am so sorry… | 我真的很抱歉 |
[04:16] | that I didn’t say that sooner. | 抱歉我没早点说出来 |
[04:19] | – Hey, KC… – Not now, Ernie. | -KC -厄尼 现在别来烦我 |
[04:22] | I’m feeling really weird and | 我现在感觉很奇怪 |
[04:22] | I feel like something is seriously wrong with me. | 觉得自己很不对劲 |
[04:24] | We don’t have time to discuss your personality flaws right now. | 我们现在没空讨论你的人格缺陷 |
[04:27] | But let’s bookmark it, | 不过先记着以后再说 |
[04:29] | because that’s a conversation I’ve been dying to have. | 因为我一直都很想跟你谈这个 |
[04:34] | But right now, here’s what you need to know. | 但是现在要告诉你一件事 |
[04:36] | I created a truth serum, you accidentally drank it, | 我研制出了一种诚实药水 你不小心把它喝掉了 |
[04:38] | and it’s working. | 而且诚实药水还很有效 |
[04:40] | Are you feeling any side effects? | 你有感觉到任何的副作用吗 |
[04:42] | Yeah, just this overwhelming urge to strangle my brother. | 有啊 就是超想掐死我亲弟弟的冲动 |
[04:50] | I don’t know why they’re making us give dumb presentations | 我真搞不懂为什么他们要我们 |
[04:53] | about our dumb family history. | 做我们这破家史的破报告 |
[04:55] | And I don’t know why the glue | 我真搞不懂为什么这胶水 |
[04:56] | doesn’t stick to the inside of the bottle. | 不会黏在瓶子的里面 |
[05:00] | At least this project gives us a chance | 起码这个课题能让我们 |
[05:02] | to get to know each other better. | 有机会更了解彼此啊 |
[05:04] | I know everything I need to know about the kids in our class. | 就我们班上的那群小屁孩 该知道的我都知道了 |
[05:07] | They’re loud, smelly doofs. | 他们都是又吵又臭的傻蛋 |
[05:09] | Present company included. | 我的报告搭档也一样 |
[05:11] | You mean excluded. | 你是想说”除外”吧 |
[05:13] | Do I? Do I really? | 是吗 真的是吗 |
[05:17] | Ernie, your stupid little truth serum | 厄尼 你的破诚实药水 |
[05:20] | – is driving me nuts. – Uh, KC. | -快把我迫疯了 -KC |
[05:22] | Not now, Judy. You know what it’s like | 朱蒂 等会再说 你知道一整天 |
[05:23] | to tell the truth all day? No, you don’t, | 说真话的感觉是怎样的吗 你才不会知道 |
[05:25] | because no one actually tells the truth all day. | 因为根本就不会有人整天都说真话 |
[05:27] | We protect each other’s feelings. | 我们会顾及别人的感受 |
[05:29] | And you know what happens when you don’t? | 你知道不这样做时会怎样吗 |
[05:30] | People start to develop feelings about you, | 人们就会对你产生想法 |
[05:32] | like hatred and disgust and apparently, | 就像仇恨和厌恶 很明显 |
[05:34] | they don’t need your little truth serum | 他们根本就不需要你的破诚实药水 |
[05:36] | – to share their truthful feelings. – Uh, KC, we have company. | -来说出他们真实的感受 -KC 我们有客人在家 |
[05:39] | Hi, Petey. | 嗨 皮蒂 |
[05:41] | Hi, Petey. | 嗨 皮蒂 |
[05:42] | What were you just saying about a truth serum? | 你刚才在说什么诚实药水啊 |
[05:45] | Nothing… | 没什么 |
[05:48] | that I can say without you finding out about our family secret. | 说什么都会被你发现我们家的秘密 |
[05:53] | What family secret? | 你们家的什么秘密 |
[05:55] | Uh, we’re competitive cloggers. | 我们全家都是很厉害的木屐匠 |
[05:59] | Uh, we came in third at the Mid-Atlantic Clog-Off. | 我们是中大西洋地区木屐比赛的第三名 |
[06:04] | He’s lying. We’re spies. | 他在说谎 我们全家都是特工 |
[06:07] | You’re spies?! | 你们都是特工 |
[06:09] | Don’t listen to KC. | 别听KC乱说 |
[06:11] | She’s just pulling your leg. | 她只是在逗你玩啦 |
[06:13] | We’re just your regular, average, normal family. | 我们只是一个普通的家庭 |
[06:16] | And Judy’s a robot. | 还有朱蒂是个机械人 |
[06:19] | I knew something was going on around here. | 我就知道你们家有问题 |
[06:22] | The comings, the goings. | 这里老有外人出入 |
[06:24] | That time you threw the girl’s head across the attic. | 还有你那次把那女孩的头扔过阁楼 |
[06:28] | And of course you’re a robot. | 你当然是个机械人啊 |
[06:29] | I’ve never seen you eat. | 我从没见过你吃东西 |
[06:31] | That’s because you make me lose my appetite. | 那是因为看见你我就没胃口了 |
[06:34] | Liar! Spy! Robot! | 骗子 特工 机械人 |
[06:37] | Mom!! | 老妈 |
[06:42] | That went well. | 还挺顺利 |
[06:44] | No, it didn’t. | 才没有呢 |
[06:53] | KC, I need to talk to you. | KC 我得跟你谈谈 |
[07:01] | KC, I… | KC 我 |
[07:03] | Ernie, I thought you said KC was up here. | 厄尼 你刚才不是说KC在楼上的吗 |
[07:05] | I am. | 我在 |
[07:11] | Why are you in that box? | 你干嘛躲在那个箱子里啊 |
[07:12] | I’m hiding from you. | 我在躲你 |
[07:16] | If you wanted to hide from me, | 你想躲我的话 |
[07:18] | just go to the library. | 去图书馆就行了啦 |
[07:20] | Now stop playing. | 现在别玩了 |
[07:22] | It’s time for you to become Mrs. Dubois, | 是时候让你变身成杜布瓦夫人 |
[07:24] | and give me the recommendation for the food bank. | 然后去食物赈济处推荐我了 |
[07:26] | Okay, Marisa, look. | 玛丽莎 听着 |
[07:27] | Um, I have to tell you something. Okay? | 我得跟你说件事 |
[07:30] | I just want you to listen and say okay | 我想你仔细听我说完后 说好的 |
[07:32] | for the sake of our friendship, all right? | 看在我们的友情份上 好吗 |
[07:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:36] | Okay. | 好了 |
[07:37] | I cannot give you that recommendation today. | 我今天不能给你做推荐 |
[07:39] | Okay. Why? | 好的 为什么呢 |
[07:41] | Marisa, why can’t you just say okay? | 玛丽莎 你干嘛不能只说好的呢 |
[07:45] | KC, what’s going on? | KC 发生什么事了啊 |
[07:48] | Ernie gave me a truth serum, | 厄尼让我喝了诚实药水 |
[07:50] | and now I am not responsible | 而我现在不能控制 |
[07:51] | for the words that come out of my mouth. | 我说出来的话 |
[07:52] | Ooh, like last year when I had the flu. | 就像我去年得了流感那样吗 |
[07:56] | Yeah, that, um… | 呃 那个 |
[07:58] | That wasn’t the flu. | 你不是得了流感 |
[07:59] | I actually undercooked the brownies I made you, | 其实是我给你做的巧克力蛋糕没烤熟 |
[08:01] | and gave you a mild case of food poisoning. | 令你轻微食物中毒 |
[08:03] | Well, it wasn’t really mild, because technically, | 其实也不轻微 因为严格来说 |
[08:04] | you were dead for almost a minute. | 你大约挂了一分钟 |
[08:07] | See that? That’s the truth serum, | 看见了吗 这是诚实药水的药效 |
[08:09] | and I can’t control it. | 我控制不了 |
[08:10] | Okay. I’m skipping past the “You killed me” part | 好吧 我先跳过你杀了我这件事 |
[08:14] | and going straight to | 然后直接和你说 |
[08:16] | Relax. All you have to do is say that I’d be | 放松点 你只需要说我是 |
[08:18] | the best candidate for the job. | 最适合这份工作的人就行啦 |
[08:22] | Yes, that is what you want me to say. | 嗯 这是你想我说的话 |
[08:26] | Uh, but… | 但是呢 |
[08:28] | Being Mrs. Dubois, that would be untruthful, right? | 乔装成杜布瓦夫人本来就不诚实啊 |
[08:31] | So I really think that we should just postpone. | 所以我觉得我们要延期 |
[08:33] | But they’re deciding today. | 可他们今天就要出结果 |
[08:36] | If you don’t go and give me the recommendation, | 如果你不去推荐我的话 |
[08:37] | I won’t get the job. | 我就得跟这工作说拜拜了 |
[08:39] | You’re not really gonna let me down, are you? | 你不会让我失望的 对吗 |
[08:45] | My, my, my. | 哎呀呀 |
[08:49] | And a good afternoon to you, Mr. Todd Clint, I presume. | 午安啊亲 我猜你就是托德.克林特先生 对吧 |
[08:53] | Mrs. Dubois, I presume. | 我猜您就是杜布瓦夫人吧 |
[08:54] | Well, you presume wrong. | 这你可猜错了 |
[08:57] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 您说什么 |
[08:58] | My friends, they call me KC. | 我的朋友们都叫我KC |
[09:01] | I hope you’ll call me KC, too. | 我希望你也能叫我KC |
[09:03] | All right? Everybody calls me KC. | 行吗 所有人都叫我KC的 |
[09:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:10] | Uh, Mrs. Dubois. | 杜布瓦夫人 |
[09:13] | KC KC. | |
[09:17] | It says here that Marisa worked as | 这上面写着玛丽莎曾经 |
[09:18] | your part-time personal assistant. | 当过您的兼职私人助理 |
[09:20] | Yes. | 没错 |
[09:22] | That is what it says. | 档案上就是这样写的 |
[09:24] | Those words are on that paper. | 白纸黑字写在那里 |
[09:29] | You know, Marisa, | 玛丽莎啊 |
[09:31] | she is a lovely gal. | 她是个可爱的小妞 |
[09:32] | She’s vivacious, good-humored, | 她青春活泼 又有幽默感 |
[09:35] | sweeter than a sugar cake on a baby’s bottom. | 比放在宝宝的小屁屁上的糖蛋糕还甜 |
[09:39] | Well, I should go now. | 嗯嗯 我得走了 |
[09:41] | Here is a can of creamed corn for y’all. | 送你们一罐奶油玉米 |
[09:44] | Have a good day, darlin’, all right? | 祝你有美好的一天啊亲 |
[09:46] | Uh, just a few more questions. | 呃 再问几个问题 |
[09:48] | Please, since you’re here. | 来都来了 |
[09:49] | Oh, goody goody gumdrops. | 噢 那可真是棒棒哒 |
[09:54] | So how long have you known Marisa? | 您认识玛丽莎多久了 |
[09:55] | Since I was five. | 我五岁就认识她了 |
[09:58] | You mean, since she was five? | 您是说她五岁吧 |
[10:00] | Yes, that is true. | 嗯 说得没错 |
[10:03] | I have known Marisa since she was five. | 玛丽莎五岁时我就认识她了 |
[10:08] | We used to take baths together. | 我们以前总是一起洗澡 |
[10:12] | Can we wrap this up now? | 我们能结束了吗亲 |
[10:15] | Uh, we’re almost finished. | 嗯 我们差不多搞定了 |
[10:17] | Would you say that Marisa is generally on time? | 您觉得玛丽莎是否守时呢 |
[10:19] | Oh, yes, absolutely. | 她当然守时啦 |
[10:20] | She is always on time. | 她很准时的 |
[10:24] | For a party or a sale. | 去派对或者大减价就会准时 |
[10:27] | Not for anything important when you’re really countin’ on her. | 当有重要事情拜托她时才不会准时 |
[10:30] | Well, thank you for your candor. | 真是谢谢您这么坦率 |
[10:34] | I have just one more question. | 我最后只有一个问题 |
[10:36] | If you were me, would you hire Marisa for this job? | 如果您是我的话 您会不会聘请玛丽莎做这份工作 |
[10:39] | No, no. | 才不会呢 |
[10:42] | No, no way. Absolutely not. | 当然不行 绝对不行 |
[10:46] | Negatory. Nein, nicht, nope. | 不行 不要 不可能 才不要 |
[10:47] | If I wasn’t clear before, no. | 如果我还没说明白的话 别聘请她啊亲 |
[10:49] | Wow. | 哇 |
[10:51] | Uh, well, is there anything else you wanna tell me? | 您还有什么想补充的吗 |
[10:53] | You look like a sleepy turtle. | 你看上去像只很困的乌龟 |
[10:58] | Where I come from, dear, that’s a compliment. | 在我那疙瘩 这是夸你呢亲 |
[11:01] | No, it’s not. | 其实不是 |
[11:10] | Oh, hey, Sophie, looking good. | 索菲 看上来不错嘛 |
[11:11] | And smelling even better. | 闻起来更不错 |
[11:17] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[11:19] | I heard you guys killed it on the court last night. | 我听说昨晚你们在球赛上所向披靡啊 |
[11:21] | Even though you lost 86-3, | 尽管最后83比3输掉了 |
[11:24] | at least no one fainted this time. | 但至少这次没人晕倒嘛 |
[11:25] | Way to hydrate. | 水喝得很够哦 |
[11:30] | I am so glad that truth serum wore off. | 诚实药水终于失效了 |
[11:32] | Feels good to lie again. | 又能说假话的感觉真好 |
[11:33] | KC KC. | |
[11:35] | Hey, Marisa. | 嘿 玛丽莎 |
[11:37] | I just wanna say thank you so much | 我想谢谢你昨天 |
[11:40] | for that recommendation yesterday. | 帮忙推荐我 |
[11:42] | Oh. Yeah, it’s all good. | 不客气 |
[11:45] | I’m really glad it worked out, | 很高兴事情这么顺利 |
[11:46] | ’cause I was actually really worried that you were gonna be upset with me. | 我还担心你会生我气呢 |
[11:48] | Why would I be upset? | 我怎么会生你的气呢 |
[11:50] | You generously took the time out of your busy day | 你忙里偷闲地 |
[11:53] | to put on that elaborate costume and heavy makeup | 乔装打扮 |
[11:56] | to go all the way down to the food bank and crush my dreams. | 去食物赈济处粉碎了我的梦想 |
[12:02] | So you are upset. That makes more sense. | 所以你确实是生气了 这才正常 |
[12:05] | If I wanted someone to go down there and point out all of my flaws, | 如果我是想找人去揭露我所有的缺点 |
[12:09] | I could’ve just sent my mother. | 那我叫我妈去不就行了 |
[12:12] | Because of what you said, | 就因为你的话 |
[12:14] | Todd thinks that I am incapable of hard work. | 陶德觉得我会不努力干活 |
[12:16] | Marisa, I didn’t say that you couldn’t work hard. | 玛丽莎 我没说你不努力 |
[12:19] | I said that you didn’t work hard. | 我是说你没努力过 |
[12:23] | Which now that I say it out loud, | 这么说出来 |
[12:24] | is not very comforting. I’m sorry. I really am. | 感觉确实不太好 我真心地说句对不起 |
[12:27] | You know that I would never do anything to hurt you. | 你知道我绝不会做任何伤害你的事 |
[12:29] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[12:31] | But in my defense, I told you, | 况且我已经告诉你了 |
[12:33] | I needed to wait till that truth serum wore off, | 我得等到诚实药水失去药效之后才能帮你 |
[12:35] | and the good news is, it did. | 不过好消息是 药效已经退了 |
[12:37] | I’m sorry. | 什么意思 |
[12:39] | Are you saying because you were on truth serum, | 你的意思是因为诚实药水 |
[12:42] | you couldn’t find one nice thing to say about me? | 所以你连一句我的好话都说不出来 |
[12:44] | No. No, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[12:46] | No, I just got kinda jammed up | 不是 我乱了阵脚 |
[12:49] | with the way he was asking me the questions. | 是因为他的问题太难答 |
[12:51] | Yes. | 是哦 |
[12:52] | After all of your experience being interrogated | 你都被这么多国际犯罪暴徒 |
[12:55] | by international crime thugs, | 拷问过了 |
[12:57] | I’m sure Food Bank Todd was very intimidating. | 食物赈济处的陶德一定老吓人了 |
[13:01] | He must’ve really raked you across the coals, huh? | 他肯定严刑逼供你了 对吧 |
[13:04] | Marisa, don’t be like that. | 玛丽莎 别这样 |
[13:07] | Please? Look, I said I’m sorry and I meant it. | 拜托 我真的很抱歉 |
[13:09] | Let’s be real. We all know | 再说了 咱都知道 |
[13:11] | that if you would’ve gotten the job, | 就算你得到了这份工作 |
[13:12] | you would’ve just gotten | 干不了五分钟也会嫌烦 |
[13:13] | bored after five minutes and quit anyway. | 然后撂挑子走人的 |
[13:15] | KC, I know some people think that I’m | KC 我知道有些人认为我只不过是个 |
[13:18] | just some shallow party girl, and yes, | 肤浅的派对女孩 没错 |
[13:20] | I do like to have fun, but there is more to me than that. | 我的确喜欢找乐子 但这并不是我的全部 |
[13:24] | I really wanted that job with the food bank. | 我是真心想做这份工作 |
[13:27] | I wanted to make a difference. | 我想改变自己 |
[13:28] | Maybe my world isn’t as big as yours, | 可能我的世界没有你的那么大 |
[13:30] | but right now, it’s feeling a little too big. | 但现在我却觉得太大了 |
[13:33] | Maybe you shouldn’t be in it. | 也许你不该在我的世界里 |
[13:37] | Uh, Marisa, just to be clear, | 玛丽莎 我多问一句 |
[13:39] | it’s maybe, not definitely, right? | 你说的是也许 不是肯定 对吧 |
[13:41] | Because you said maybe, | 因为你嘴上说的是也许 |
[13:43] | but your body kinda said definitely. | 但你的肢体语言表达的是肯定 |
[13:45] | Marisa, it’s a maybe, right? Marisa! | 玛丽莎 是也许对吧 玛丽莎 |
[13:48] | I don’t think it’s a maybe. | 我觉得不是也许 |
[13:53] | As you guys can see from my family tree, | 如我的家谱图所示 |
[13:56] | both of my grandparents were accountants. | 我的爷爷奶奶是会计 |
[13:57] | Lies. | 撒谎 |
[13:59] | And my parents are accountants, too. | 我的父母也是会计 |
[14:01] | Lies! | 撒谎 |
[14:05] | It’s obvious, with all these accountants | 很显然 因为我家人都是会计 |
[14:07] | that I wanna grow up to be… | 所以我想长大以后 |
[14:09] | anything but an accountant. | 除了会计干啥都行 |
[14:12] | She’s lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[14:14] | They’re not accountants, they’re spies. | 他们不是会计 他们是特工 |
[14:16] | Spies? What? | 特工 啥玩意 |
[14:18] | I don’t know what he’s talking about. | 我都不知道他在说啥 |
[14:20] | And this one, she’s a robot. | 还有 她是机器人 |
[14:23] | Yeah, right. I’m a robot. | 是啊是啊 我是机器人 |
[14:25] | I’m Judy. Bee-bop, bee-bop. Beee… | 我是朱蒂 嘀嗒 嘀嗒 |
[14:31] | It’s true. She is a robot. | 我说真的 她是机器人 |
[14:34] | Open your eyes, people. | 睁大眼睛看清楚啊 同学们 |
[14:35] | Have you ever seen her eat mac and cheese? | 你们有谁见过她吃芝士通心粉 |
[14:37] | What kid doesn’t like mac and cheese? | 怎么可能会有不喜欢芝士通心粉的小孩 |
[14:41] | Don’t listen to Petey. | 别听皮蒂瞎说 |
[14:42] | His family tree grows nothing but nuts. | 他的家谱图上都是疯子 |
[14:51] | Marisa, I need to talk to you. | 玛丽莎 我要和你谈谈 |
[14:53] | Well, I don’t want to talk to you. | 我不想和你谈 |
[14:55] | Okay, dude, come on, we need to work this out. | 姐们儿 拜托 咱得把这事解决了 |
[14:57] | Can’t you see that I am on a date? | 你没看见我正在约会吗 |
[15:00] | Cecil and I are in the middle of a scintillating conversation | 我和塞西尔正聊得开心呢 |
[15:04] | where Cecil is telling me in 500 to 700 words | 他正在跟我讲五到七百字 |
[15:06] | about Roman mythology. | 的罗马神话 |
[15:08] | You do realize that she’s just using you | 你知道她只是在利用你 |
[15:10] | so that you’ll do her homework. | 帮她做作业的吧 |
[15:12] | Yeah, I know. | 知道啊 |
[15:14] | It’s how I get all my dates. | 我都是靠这个约妹子的 |
[15:16] | Gotta use what my mama gave me. | 我妈给我的脑子不用白不用 |
[15:18] | Yeah, well, did she give you feet, | 是嘛 那她给你脚了吗 |
[15:20] | ’cause I’m gonna need you to use ’em. | 因为你要用上了 |
[15:26] | Know what, Marisa? Enough is enough. | 玛丽莎 我受够了 |
[15:28] | What’s that? | 啥意思 |
[15:30] | It’s Ernie’s truth serum. | 这是厄尼的诚实药水 |
[15:31] | I know that I hurt you, | 我知道是我伤害了你 |
[15:33] | and I think the only way for us to get past this | 我觉得唯一的解决办法就是 |
[15:36] | is for you to just get even, so I want you | 我俩打平 所以我希望你喝下这个 |
[15:39] | to drink this and tell me whatever it is that’s on your mind. | 然后把你的真实想法都说出来 |
[15:43] | Okay, look, I know you’re hesitant | 我知道你在犹豫 |
[15:45] | because you don’t want to hurt me as much as I hurt you… | 因为你不想像我伤害你那样伤害我 |
[15:47] | Really, I think that… Okay. Yeah, sure. | 真的 我知道 好 行 |
[15:51] | Uh, let it fly. Let me have it. | 来吧 尽管说 我接受惩罚 |
[15:53] | You wanna know what I really think about you? | 你想知道我对你的真实看法是吗 |
[15:57] | Fine. I will tell you. | 好 我来告诉你 |
[16:00] | You make me the happiest person on Earth. | 你让我成为了世界上最快乐的人 |
[16:05] | I feel joy when I see your face. | 我一看到你就高兴 |
[16:08] | When I am depressed, all I have to do | 当我难过的时候 只要想到你 |
[16:10] | is think about you, and it puts me in a good mood. | 我的心情就会变好 |
[16:16] | – Okay, well – I am not done with you. | -好的 -我还没说完呢 |
[16:19] | The worst part is, | 最糟糕的是 |
[16:21] | you inspire me, KC Cooper. | 你能激励我 KC·库珀 |
[16:24] | You inspire me to give back to the world the way you do. | 你激励我像你一样去回馈社会 |
[16:27] | That is why I wanted to work at the food bank in the first place. | 这也是我一开始想去食物赈济处工作的原因 |
[16:31] | Because I see everything that you do, | 因为我看到你所做的一切 |
[16:32] | and everything that you accomplish, | 和做到的一切 |
[16:34] | and it makes me think maybe, just maybe, | 让我觉得也许 只是也许 |
[16:37] | I could step outside my comfort zone | 我也可以走出我的舒适区 |
[16:39] | and accomplish a little bit more than I thought I could. | 去完成更多我以为自己做不到的事 |
[16:42] | Okay, I– | 好吧 我 |
[16:44] | I am still not done with you. | 我还没说完 |
[16:47] | I like that sweater on you. | 我喜欢你的毛衣 |
[16:49] | It is a nice color. | 颜色很好看 |
[16:51] | It totally complements the warm, sunny glow | 显得你那完美无瑕的皮肤 |
[16:54] | of your impossibly lovely, gorgeous skin. | 那么健康有光泽 |
[17:00] | Okay, well, I don’t need a truth serum | 我不用诚实药水 |
[17:03] | to tell you that right now, | 都可以告诉你 |
[17:05] | honestly, I feel terrible. | 我现在特别不好受 |
[17:08] | I mean, so terrible that even Ivan the Terrible | 连伊凡雷帝都可能 |
[17:10] | would look at me and go, | 看着我说 |
[17:11] | “I can’t with you. You are terrible.” | “我受不了你 你太可怕了” |
[17:14] | You are, but your hair is phenomenal. | 的确 但是你的头发好漂亮 |
[17:17] | It is both bouncing and behaving. | 又蓬松又自然 |
[17:29] | I’m so sorry about the weird way Petey acted at school. | 我很抱歉皮蒂在学校表现得那么奇怪 |
[17:33] | Making up all those stories. | 还编一大堆故事 |
[17:35] | Who does he think he is, Hans Christian Andersen? | 他以为自己是谁 安徒生吗 |
[17:40] | Why can’t he just stick his nose in his phone | 他为啥不能像其他孩子那样 |
[17:43] | and play games like all the other kids? | 盯着手机低头玩游戏呢 |
[17:45] | Hey, don’t feel like you have to apologize. | 你没必要道歉啦 |
[17:48] | Also don’t feel like you have to stay. | 你也没必要待在这儿 |
[17:51] | I’m in no rush. | 我不着急 |
[17:53] | They’re tenting my house for bedbugs. | 他们在给我房子驱虫 |
[17:57] | Well, in that case, | 那样的话 |
[18:00] | you look thirsty. | 你肯定渴了吧 |
[18:01] | Want some juice? | 要喝果汁吗 |
[18:04] | Love juice. | 爱意果汁 |
[18:05] | Don’t mind if I do. | 好啊 |
[18:10] | That tastes weird. | 味道好奇怪 |
[18:13] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[18:15] | Hi, Mrs. Goldfeder. | 你好 戈德费德阿姨 |
[18:17] | Ernie. Have I ever told you how much I love this house, | 厄尼 我有没有告诉过你我多喜欢你家的房子 |
[18:22] | and I love the way your mother decorated it. | 我喜欢你妈妈摆放家具的位置 |
[18:25] | I mean, a table in the kitchen, | 厨房里有桌子 |
[18:27] | and a couch in the living room. | 客厅里有沙发 |
[18:29] | Who does that? I love, love, love it. | 谁会这么做啊 我很喜欢很喜欢很喜欢 |
[18:32] | And I love, love, love being your neighbor. | 我也很喜欢很喜欢很喜欢做你们家邻居 |
[18:35] | Wow. | 哇 |
[18:37] | That’s an awful lot of love. | 这么喜欢啊 |
[18:42] | I really gotta stop leaving my experiments lying around. | 我真不能再乱放我的试验剂了 |
[18:49] | If you would just give me a chance to… | 如果你能给我个机会 |
[18:51] | Marisa, Marisa, please. | 玛丽莎 玛丽莎 |
[18:54] | I just don’t think you’re the right person for this job. | 我认为你不能胜任这份工作 |
[18:56] | Look, I have to tell you something. | 我要跟你坦白些事 |
[19:01] | I lied to you. | 我之前跟你撒谎了 |
[19:03] | I’ve never had a real job in my life. | 我从没有任何工作经验 |
[19:05] | That’s why I sent my friend down here | 所以我才会让我朋友来 |
[19:08] | to pretend she was my former employer. | 假装成我的前雇主 |
[19:11] | She’s not an older woman named Mrs. Dubois. | 她不是叫杜布瓦的中年妇女 |
[19:14] | I can’t tell you how sorry I am. | 我无法告诉你我有多抱歉 |
[19:18] | I also can’t tell you how she was able to | 我也不能告诉你她为什么能 |
[19:20] | access cutting-edge facial prosthetics | 采用最前沿的面容修复术 |
[19:22] | and movie-studio quality makeup, | 以及电影制作室级别的化妆术 |
[19:23] | so let’s just skip past that part, okay? | 所以咱就直接跳过那段 好吗 |
[19:28] | I just… I really wanted this job. | 我是真的很想做这份工作 |
[19:31] | I think what you’re doing here | 我认为您在这里做的工作 |
[19:32] | is important work, | 特别有意义 |
[19:34] | and I wanted to be a part of that. | 我也想成为其中的一份子 |
[19:37] | In fact, I would do this job even if you didn’t pay me. | 其实 没有工资我都愿干 |
[19:41] | Oh. Why didn’t you say so? | 你咋不早说啊 |
[19:44] | There’s a lot of competition requirements | 有薪岗位确实有很多要求 |
[19:47] | for the paying position, but anyone can volunteer. | 但是志愿者就不用了啊 |
[19:50] | You’re hired. | 你被雇用了 |
[19:52] | Hey, I really have the job? | 真的吗 |
[19:53] | Sure. You just won’t get paid. | 是的 但是没有工资 |
[19:56] | I’ll take it. | 我做 |
[19:58] | And I promise, I will be worth every penny. | 我保证 我会对得起每一分钱的 |
[20:13] | Okay, Marisa. | 玛丽莎 |
[20:15] | Marisa, I am a highly trained spy. | 玛丽莎 我是受过高级训练的特工 |
[20:17] | How many times have I told you | 我跟你说过多少次 |
[20:17] | you cannot sneak up on me like that? | 不要从背后偷偷靠近我 |
[20:20] | I don’t remember the exact number. | 虽然我不记得你说过多少次了 |
[20:23] | But right now, I don’t remember my exact name. | 但现在我连我名字都不记得了 |
[20:33] | Oh, what’s this? | 这是什么 |
[20:35] | It’s my “I’m sorry” memory board. | 这是我的道歉回忆板 |
[20:38] | Oh, look. We’re, like, five years old in this picture. | 快看哪 那会我们估计只有五岁吧 |
[20:40] | Oh, how cute. I’m giving you a makeover. | 多可爱 我在给你化妆啊 |
[20:42] | And here we are, just last week. | 还有这张 就是上周 |
[20:44] | And you were giving me a makeover. | 你在给我化妆 |
[20:46] | I don’t know why I bother. | 我都不懂干嘛要白费劲 |
[20:48] | There’s nothing anybody can | 根本就没有人能 |
[20:49] | do to make your hideous face look attractive. | 把你的丑脸化得好看 |
[20:51] | I am hoping that truth serum wore off. | 希望你的诚实药水失效了 |
[20:54] | A couple hours ago. | 几小时之前就失效了 |
[20:55] | But, if you want the truth, | 但是如果你想听真话 |
[20:58] | I didn’t like what you said about me. | 我不喜欢你之前那么说我 |
[20:59] | But it wasn’t 100% wrong, | 但也不是全错 |
[21:02] | and I am trying to change. | 我正在努力改变 |
[21:05] | Which is why I went down to the food bank, | 所以我去了食物赈济处 |
[21:08] | came clean, and they are letting me be a volunteer. | 坦白交代 然后他们同意让我做志愿者 |
[21:10] | That’s awesome. | 太好了 |
[21:12] | Marisa, you handled it all by yourself. | 玛丽莎 你凭自己的能力做到了 |
[21:14] | I’m really, really proud of you. | 我真的真的很为你骄傲 |
[21:16] | You’re totally becoming responsible. | 你确实变得负责任了 |
[21:19] | So when does this new job start? | 什么时候开始工作呢 |
[21:21] | A half hour ago. | 半小时之前 |
[21:24] | I gotta go! | 我得走了 |
[21:28] | Well, it’s a process. | 总得有个过程嘛 |
[21:33] | Do you know what I’m thinking? | 知道我在想啥吗 |
[21:34] | That you love, love, love that apple? | 你真的很喜欢很喜欢很喜欢那个苹果 |
[21:38] | You really get me, Ernie. | 你真了解我 厄尼 |
[21:41] | Believe it or not, some people find me annoying. | 你信不信 有些人觉得我很烦 |
[21:46] | I’m gonna go with believe it. | 我还真信 |
[21:51] | Hey, neighbor. I got your message. What’s up? | 你好 邻居 我收到你的信息了 咋了 |
[21:53] | We just bought a new juicer. | 我们刚买了一种新果汁 |
[21:55] | – I thought you’d like to try a sample. – Sounds tasty. | -想让你尝尝 -听上去很好喝的样子 |
[21:59] | Oh, Mr. Hancock. | 汉考克先生 |
[22:01] | You know Mrs. Goldfeder, right? | 你认识戈德费德夫人对吗 |
[22:03] | Yeah, that loud, obnoxious windbag who… | 认识 那个说话很大声 特别讨人嫌的嚼舌妇 |
[22:10] | Makes my heart flutter like a butterfly on a warm summer day. | 让我的心跳得像只温暖夏日里扑扇的蝴蝶 |
[22:14] | You’re not too shabby yourself, Mr. Sweet Talker. | 你也没那么卑鄙啊 情话王子 |
[22:19] | Wow. I never noticed | 哇 我从没注意过 |
[22:21] | what blue eyes you have. | 你的眼睛这么蓝呢 |
[22:24] | I could go swimming in those pools. | 都可以在里面游泳了 |
[22:26] | Well, dive on in. The water’s fine. | 那就跳进来吧 水温刚好 |
[22:31] | Can I interest you in coming over | 有兴趣过来我家 |
[22:33] | for a cup of coffee? | 喝杯咖啡吗 |
[22:34] | Okay. You should know, | 好啊 告诉你哦 |
[22:37] | I like my coffee hot, blonde, and full-bodied. | 我喜欢热辣 金发 丰满的咖啡 |
[22:41] | You left out “To go.” | 你忘了说打包带走 |