时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I’m ready for the movies, lamb chop. | 我准备好去看电影了 小可爱 |
[00:07] | You gonna treat your grandma? | 你不打算招待下外婆吗 |
[00:09] | Uh, I would but, uh, I’m a little short. | 呃 我很乐意 可是我最近手头有点儿紧 |
[00:13] | Yeah… Too easy. | 呵呵 蹩脚的借口 |
[00:16] | Don’t worry, baby. It’s Grandma’s treat. | 别担心 宝贝 外婆买单 |
[00:19] | Cheap just like his daddy. | 跟他爹一样小气 |
[00:21] | You wanna come with us, chickpea? | 你要跟我们一起吗 甜心 |
[00:23] | Um, I would, but I gotta write my trailblazer report for school. | 我想去 可是我还要写学校布置的开拓者报告 |
[00:26] | I’m writing about Christopher Columbus but I’m just not feeling it. | 我在想关于哥伦布的 但是一点儿灵感也没有 |
[00:30] | It’s like saying, “Congrats, Chris. | 就好像在说 “恭喜了 克里斯 |
[00:31] | You discovered a brand-new world | 你发现了一片新世界 |
[00:33] | that is already filled with people lookin’ at you | 可是这儿早就有人居住了 |
[00:35] | like, who the heck is this guy.” | 那些人看着你就在想 这人谁啊” |
[00:39] | – It would be like me discovering this pie.- Hey, that’s my pie. | -就像我发现了这个派一样 -嘿 那是我的 |
[00:43] | Then what’s it doing in my mouth? | 那它在我嘴里干啥呢 |
[00:47] | I would much rather be writing about a real trailblazer | 我想写一位更真实点的开拓者 |
[00:50] | like… like you, Grandma. | 比如说你 外婆 |
[00:52] | The first female black spy in the Organization. | 组织里的第一个黑人女特工 |
[00:55] | What in the Harry Potter are you talking about? | 你说什么神话故事呢 |
[00:58] | I wasn’t the first. | 我可不是第一个 |
[01:00] | Cleo Brown was. | 克利奥·布朗才是 |
[01:02] | Uh, speaking of firsts, did you know a black man invented the traffic light? | 说起这个 你们知道是黑人发明了红绿灯吗 |
[01:07] | Why don’t we pay homage to him as you drive me to the movies? | 我们何不在开车去看电影的路上敬仰一下他呢 |
[01:12] | Hold your horses, potato chip. | 不要着急 小薯片 |
[01:13] | Which, FYI, was also created by a black man. | 多说一句 薯片也是由一个黑人创造出来的 |
[01:16] | That sour cream and onion flavor? | 知道那种酸奶油洋葱味的薯片吗 |
[01:18] | White folks. | 那是白人佬搞出来的 |
[01:21] | So if Cleo Brown was the first, then how come I’ve never heard of her? | 如果克利奥是先驱我怎么从来没听说过她呢 |
[01:25] | Probably because it happened in the ’70s. | 可能因为那发生在二十世纪七十年代吧 |
[01:28] | Back then, it was hard for any woman to get ahead. | 那个时候 成功对任何女人来说都是很难的 |
[01:30] | But a black woman? Forget it. | 何况是黑人 门儿都没有 |
[01:32] | Sister couldn’t catch a break. | 女人没工夫喘口气 |
[01:33] | But I bet they could catch a movie, which means they’re doing better than me. | 但我保证他们可以赶得上电影 至少比我好 |
[01:37] | For your information, back then,there was no glass ceiling for us. | 那个时候可没有玻璃天花板 |
[01:42] | It was made of concrete. | 都是混凝土做的 |
[01:44] | Maybe that’s why they wore the big Afros, to soften the bump. | 他们都留着爆炸头可能就是为了减轻撞击 |
[01:48] | Oh, but Cleo changed all of that. | 但是克利奥改变了一切 |
[01:50] | She was kinda like you. | 她跟你有些像 |
[01:51] | Smarter than a set of encyclopedias, those long, pencil legs, | 比百科全书还聪明 一双大长腿 |
[01:56] | and a smile bigger than the Mississippi. | 比密西西比河还灿烂的笑容 |
[01:58] | She was a bad mama jamma. | 她可是个厉害人物 |
[02:14] | Oh, when danger comes for you | 当危险向你逼近 |
[02:17] | You know I’ll stand beside you | 我将会与你同行 |
[02:19] | ‘Cause ain’t nobody keep things hustle cool | 只要我头脑冷静 |
[02:24] | I’ll always find a way, a way out of the fire | 一定能找到出路 逃脱这一片火海 |
[02:28] | Don’t tell nobody, tell nobody | 保守秘密 讳莫如深 |
[02:32] | I’m not perfect | 生活繁复 我不完美 |
[02:34] | So many things I wanna tell you | 想向你倾诉 |
[02:38] | But I, I, I, I keep it undercover | 可我必须 深藏不露 |
[02:42] | Livin’ my life, no way to learn | 生活在警戒之中 |
[02:44] | Doin’ my thing, gonna make it work | 承担起工作之责 |
[02:46] | Know I’m the realest, baby, I’m fearless | 真刀真枪 无惧无畏 |
[02:49] | But I always got your back | 我会永远支持你 |
[02:51] | Nobody can do it like I can | 我练就一身本领 |
[02:53] | I gotta find out who I am | 我仍在寻找自我 |
[02:55] | Ain’t got to worry about me | 无需为我担忧 |
[02:57] | It’s all part of the plan | 一切按计划进行 |
[02:59] | I keep it undercover. | 我要深藏不露 |
[03:01] | I keep it undercover. | 我要深藏不露 |
[03:06] | Grandma, you gotta talk. | 外婆 快接着讲 |
[03:07] | I need to know more about this Cleo Brown. | 我需要知道更多关于克利奥·布朗的事儿 |
[03:09] | Okay, okay, now calm down, baba ganoush. | 好的好的 淡定 |
[03:11] | Okay, let me start at the beginning. | 让我从开头讲起 |
[03:14] | The year was 1974. | 那是1974年 |
[03:16] | Nixon was just about to resign, the Sky Lab was orbiting the Earth, | 尼克松正要辞职 太空实验室在顺着轨道围绕地球运行 |
[03:22] | and the world was changing. | 世界正在发生巨大的变化 |
[03:24] | And Cleo Brown was right smack dab in the middle of the storm. | 克利奥正好处在了这风暴之中 |
[03:29] | Now the woman’s movement was well underway, | 这时候妇女运动也在悄然进行着 |
[03:32] | but we have a long way to go. | 但是我们还有很长一段路要走 |
[03:35] | Cleo Brown was a secretary, | 克利奥布朗是名秘书 |
[03:37] | which is fine if that’s what you wanna do. | 如果这是你想要的话 是一份很好的工作 |
[03:39] | But she wanted more. | 但她想要更多 |
[03:40] | Agent Ballard, I took the liberty | 巴拉德特工 我擅自 |
[03:43] | of doing a little research for your mission to Bahrain. | 为你去巴林岛的任务做了一点调查 |
[03:45] | As is custom, you will have to burp after every meal | 那儿有一个习俗 你吃完饭后得打个嗝 |
[03:46] | in order to show your appreciation of the host. | 来体现你对主人款待的感激 |
[03:49] | If you don’t burp, you will blow your cover. | 如果你不打嗝就会暴露身份 |
[03:53] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢哈 |
[03:55] | And in other news, it’s tuna casserole in the cafeteria today. | 还有个消息呢 餐厅今天有金枪鱼砂锅 |
[04:00] | I don’t understand why you work so hard. | 我不明白你工作为什么要那么努力 |
[04:03] | We don’t have to be good at this. | 我们不用对这个很在行的 |
[04:05] | We just have to be here long enough | 我们只要在这呆上足够长的时间 |
[04:07] | to make a man fall in love with us so we can get married. | 钓到一个金龟婿可以结婚就行了 |
[04:09] | Hi, Harvey. | 嗨 哈维 |
[04:14] | ‘Cause I love spy work. | 因为我热爱特工工作 |
[04:15] | The challenge, the excitement. | 既刺激又有挑战性 |
[04:17] | Cleo, stop dreaming about your silly career, | 克利奥 别想着换工作了 |
[04:20] | and start dreaming about changing diapers. | 想想换尿片才是正事 |
[04:22] | Changing diapers is your dream? | 换尿片是你的梦想吗 |
[04:24] | Because that is my nightmare. | 那可是我的噩梦 |
[04:26] | There is more to life than marriage and babies. | 生活不止是结婚和生孩子 |
[04:29] | Not according to Marriage and Babies Digest. | 《婚姻和孩子文摘》可不是这么说的 |
[04:32] | Can I see that? | 我能看看吗 |
[04:34] | Oh, sure. | 当然了 |
[04:37] | Girl, get it together; it is 1974. | 傻妞 振作起来 这都1974年了 |
[04:39] | I don’t know about you, but I wanna grab the brass ring | 我不知道你怎么想的 但是我想抓住机遇 |
[04:41] | and live the thrilling life I was meant to. | 过上我本该有的令人向往的生活 |
[04:44] | Where’s my coffee? | 我的咖啡呢 |
[04:44] | Right after I grab Agent Whitman his coffee. | 等我先给惠特曼特工送完咖啡 |
[04:47] | Coming, sir. | 这就来 先生 |
[04:50] | Here you go, Mr. Whitman. | 您的咖啡 惠特曼先生 |
[04:53] | Thanks, hon. | 谢了 亲爱的 |
[04:56] | Wait a minute, Her boss called her hon? | 等等 她老板叫她亲爱的 |
[04:58] | Well, baby, that’s the way it was back then. | 是的 宝贝 当时就是那样的 |
[05:01] | What’s wrong with hon? | 这没什么不对的呀 |
[05:02] | It’s condescending, it’s belittling. | 这给人感觉居高临下还很小看别人 |
[05:04] | It’s like saying a woman’s name isn’t worth remembering. | 就像一个女人的名字不值得被记住一样 |
[05:06] | How would you like it if I called you hon? | 如果我这么叫你你怎么想 |
[05:08] | Compared to what you usually call me, it would be a step up. | 相比较你平常叫我的要好多了 |
[05:11] | I see your point. | 我懂了 |
[05:13] | Sorry, hon. | 抱歉喽 亲爱的 |
[05:15] | All right, agents. We have a new mission. | 特工们 我们有新任务了 |
[05:18] | Hon, get the lights. | 亲爱的 关灯 |
[05:22] | Based on intel we just received, there’s a brand-new group of subversives | 根据我们收到的消息 有一支新的恐怖分子组织 |
[05:26] | calling themselves the Other Side. | 自称为彼岸 |
[05:29] | Relax. | 放轻松 |
[05:31] | Chances are, we’ll be able to take care of them quickly, | 如果我们能快速的消灭他们 |
[05:34] | and they’ll never be heard from again. | 就再也不会听到这个词了 |
[05:38] | Meanwhile, we suspect they’re using a local discotheque | 另外 我们怀疑他们利用当地的迪斯科舞厅 |
[05:41] | as a front to print counterfeit money. | 作为掩护来造假钞 |
[05:44] | Hon, get the lights. | 亲爱的 开灯 |
[05:49] | Now as soon as our informant Smitty tells us the location of the discotheque, | 一旦我们的情报员斯米梯将舞厅地址告诉我们 |
[05:54] | we’ll move in. | 我们就要进去 |
[05:55] | We need someone cool and hip to blend in with the glamorous discotheque crowd. | 我们需要一个又酷又潮的人混入人群中 |
[06:02] | Henrietta, you haven’t been on a mission for a while. | 汉丽埃塔 你有段时间没执行过任务了 |
[06:05] | You’re our gal. | 就你上了 |
[06:10] | Yes, hon? | 有事吗 亲爱的 |
[06:11] | Actually, it’s Cleo. | 我叫克利奥 |
[06:13] | Um, I just wanted to say to Henrietta, | 呃 我想跟汉丽埃塔说 |
[06:17] | you are an amazing agent and a total pioneer, girl, | 你是一个很棒的特工和先锋 |
[06:20] | but, um, I just think I’m a bit more… | 但是 我觉得我要更 |
[06:23] | well, disco-ier than she is, | 酷一点儿 |
[06:26] | and a better fit for this mission. | 比她更适合这个任务 |
[06:30] | You wanna go on a mission? | 你想参加任务 |
[06:33] | Well, yeah. I’m the right age. | 是的 我年纪正好 |
[06:35] | I watch Soul Train, so I know all the new dances. | 我看过灵魂列车 知道所有新舞步 |
[06:38] | The Bus Stop, the Robot, and my Funky Chicken is the funkiest in town. | 机械舞还有我的搞怪舞是最搞笑的了 |
[06:42] | Cleo, I’m as progressive as the next guy | 克利奥 我是一个思想很开明的人 |
[06:47] | But I can’t put you on this mission. | 但我不能让你参加这次行动 |
[06:49] | Why not? | 为什么呢 |
[06:51] | Because you’re a woman. | 因为你是个女的 |
[06:52] | Henrietta’s a woman. | 汉丽埃塔也是女的啊 |
[06:54] | Well, yeah, but you’re… | 呃 但是你是 |
[06:57] | You’re, um… | 你是一个 |
[06:59] | I’m what? | 我是个啥 |
[07:03] | You’re a secretary. | 你是个秘书 |
[07:06] | Now why don’t you act like one, | 所以你为什么不能表现的像个秘书呢 |
[07:08] | and get me a doughnut. Can you handle that mission? | 给我来个甜甜圈 这个任务你能完成吧 |
[07:15] | I am so angry, I could pop. | 我简直要气到爆炸 |
[07:17] | I went in there and volunteered to be on a mission, | 我进去那里自告奋勇的想参加行动 |
[07:19] | and they practically laughed me out of the room. | 他们毫不留情的嘲笑我 |
[07:21] | You really don’t want a husband, do you? | 你是真的不想要一个丈夫 是么 |
[07:23] | You might as well walk around here in boring clothing | 你就这样穿着难看的衣服在这晃 |
[07:26] | and no makeup and… never mind. | 妆也不化 算了当我没说 |
[07:31] | Oh, now, sweetie, are you okay? | 噢 宝贝 你还好吗 |
[07:34] | What the heck is wrong with you?! | 你有毛病吧 |
[07:36] | Keep this up and you’re gonna get us both fired. | 你如果再这样继续下去会害的我俩都被炒鱿鱼的 |
[07:39] | Power to you, but I can’t get caught up in your mess. | 你有权折腾 但是我可不想被你拖下水 |
[07:41] | Girl, I got four kids, one of ’em need braces, and I’m saving up for a car. | 我可有四个孩子呢 有一个还要箍牙套 我还在存钱买车呢 |
[07:47] | And how would I get us both fired? | 我怎么就会让我俩都被炒了呢 |
[07:49] | Now you know good and well they can’t tell us secretaries apart. | 现在你知道他们根本分辨不出我们秘书的样子了吧 |
[07:56] | Then why don’t you go in there and give Agent Whitman his doughnut? | 那你去把惠特曼先生的甜甜圈拿进去给他好了 |
[08:00] | Because if I go back in there, I’m gonna shove it down his doughnut hole. | 如果我再进去的话 我怕我会控制不住自己捏碎甜甜圈 |
[08:04] | Cleo, why are you rockin’ the boat? | 克利奥 你为什么要标新立异呢 |
[08:07] | Now just stay in your place. | 你安于现状就行了 |
[08:08] | My place? I don’t have to stay in my place. | 安于现状 我不需要安于现状 |
[08:12] | This isn’t the olden days when you had to be afraid to step out of line. | 这又不是旧社会了 你还得害怕是不是出格了 |
[08:14] | This is 1974. | 现在是1974年了 |
[08:17] | A black woman ran for president of the United States. | 黑人女性都去竞选美国总统了呢 |
[08:19] | Now, granted, barely anybody voted for her, but you know what, she ran. | 现在虽然没什么人投票给她 但是她至少参加竞选了 |
[08:24] | So now you think you Shirley Chisholm? | 你以为你是雪莉·奇泽姆吗 |
[08:27] | Girl, you ain’t even Shirley Temple Black. | 姑娘 你连黑人版的秀兰·邓波儿都不是 |
[08:30] | No, I’m Cleo, Cleo Brown. | 当然不是 我是克利奥·布朗 |
[08:33] | I just want the same opportunities to succeed as anyone else in here. | 我就想跟这里的其他人一样有获得成功的机会 |
[08:40] | Hello. Agent Whitman’s office. | 你好 惠特曼特工的办公室 |
[08:42] | Yes, this is Cleo speaking. Oh, hi, Smitty. | 我是克利奥 你好 斯密梯 |
[08:45] | It’s the informant. | 是情报人 |
[08:47] | Uh, you know what? | 那什么 |
[08:49] | Agent Whitman is in a meeting right now. | 惠特曼先生现在正在开会呢 |
[08:51] | Can I take a message? | 你需要留言吗 |
[08:53] | The Xenon discotheque. | 氙舞厅啊 |
[08:57] | All right, I’ll let him know. | 好的 我会转达他的 |
[08:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:02] | The Xenon. Interesting. | 氙 有意思 |
[09:05] | Cleo Brown, you are workin’ my last nerve. | 克利奥·布朗 你要惹到我发火了 |
[09:09] | Now go in there and give Whitman that message. | 你现在赶紧进去告诉惠特曼先生这个消息 |
[09:11] | I could, and he could say, “Thanks,hon. Go get me another coffee,” | 我可以 然后他会说 “谢了亲爱的 再给我倒一杯咖啡来” |
[09:14] | or I could go to the Xenon,complete the mission by myself, | 或者我可以去氙舞厅自己完成任务 |
[09:17] | and prove that I have what it takes to be a real spy. | 证明我具有成为一名真正特工的能力 |
[09:20] | Now I’m taking this mission. | 现在我接下这个任务了 |
[09:28] | I forgot I burnt my bra. | 我忘了我烧了我的胸衣了 |
[09:32] | This story’s getting good. | 这个故事越来越有趣了 |
[09:33] | Because she said bra? | 就因为她说胸衣吗 |
[09:35] | No. Because this brave woman had the courage to prove her worth | 不 是因为这个勇敢的女人有勇气去证明 |
[09:41] | in a society that undervalued her contributions | 这个社会低估了她的能力 |
[09:44] | simply because of the color of her skin. | 就因为她的肤色 |
[09:47] | – And because she said bra. – Yeah. | -还因为她说了胸衣 -是的 |
[09:56] | So let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[09:58] | Cleo Brown went behind the Organization’s back, completed the mission, | 克利奥·布朗背着组织去了舞厅然后完成了任务 |
[10:00] | they say how amazing she was and made her an agent. | 于是他们发现她很优秀 把她升为特工 |
[10:02] | Excuse me. Who’s telling this story? | 抱歉 到底是谁在讲故事 |
[10:04] | Right now, no one. Come on, Grandma. | 眼下没人在讲 外婆 |
[10:06] | You can’t leave a chickpea hangin’. | 你不能这样子吊胃口 |
[10:09] | Okay. So that night,Cleo convinced her friends | 那天晚上 克利奥说服了她的朋友 |
[10:12] | to go with her to the discotheque. | 跟她一起去这个迪斯科舞厅 |
[10:20] | I can’t believe I let Cleo Brown | 我简直不敢相信 |
[10:22] | talk me into helping her on some crazy secret mission. | 我会来帮助布朗进行秘密行动 |
[10:25] | Secret mission? She told me this was a fix-up. | 秘密行动 她跟我说这是和好聚会 |
[10:29] | I hope no one sees me here. | 希望不要有人看到我 |
[10:31] | I cannot afford to get fired. | 我可不能被炒了 |
[10:33] | I got four kids, one of ’em need braces, and I’m savin’ up for a car. | 我有四个孩子 有一个还要箍牙套 我还在存钱买车 |
[10:37] | Well, I hope no one sees me here either. | 我也不想让别人看到我在这 |
[10:40] | How pathetic, being out on the town without a date. | 一个人出城来也太悲催了 |
[10:43] | I don’t wanna seem desperate. | 我不想让别人觉得我很着急 |
[10:45] | Said the girl who tells first dates she already has a wedding dress. | 你第一次约会就打算结婚了还不算着急吗 |
[10:49] | That is not desperate. | 那不叫着急 |
[10:51] | That is prepared. | 那叫未雨绸缪 |
[10:58] | Not you two. | 你俩不行 |
[10:59] | What the heck are you lookin’ at? | 你看什么看 |
[11:01] | Jive turkey! | 穿的像个火鸡似的 |
[11:03] | What, so you sayin’ we not cool and hip enough for this club? | 你是说我们不够酷所以不能进去吗 |
[11:08] | Just for that, I’m not offering you a bite of my meatloaf sandwich. | 这样的话 我不给你吃我的肉丸三明治了 |
[11:14] | Don’t tell me I’m not cool and hip. | 居然说我不够酷 |
[11:29] | What the heck was that? | 啥玩意 |
[11:31] | Oh, it’s Cleo! | 哦 是克利奥 |
[11:34] | Cleo Brown! | 克利奥·布朗 |
[11:38] | How you feelin’, ladies? | 你们好 女士们 |
[11:39] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[11:41] | I may be late, but I am right… on time. | 来得早不如来得巧啊 |
[11:45] | Well, actually, you’re not. | 其实你来得也不巧 |
[11:47] | But regardless, they’re not letting us in. | 也无所谓了 反正他也不让我们进 |
[11:49] | You are with Cleo Brown. | 你们和我克利奥·布朗一起来 |
[11:51] | They’ll let us in. Ya dig? | 他们肯定让我们进 你懂吧 |
[11:57] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[11:58] | Baby, I’m already in. | 亲爱的 我已经进来了 |
[12:06] | And spinnin’ on the turntables that night | 那天晚上打碟的人 |
[12:08] | was the coolest deejay who ever lived. | 是有史以来最酷的DJ |
[12:12] | DJ Funky Wonder. | 时尚传奇 |
[12:14] | Grandma Gayle, did DJ Funky Wonder look like me? | 外婆 时尚传奇长得像我吗 |
[12:20] | Uh, no, fluffernutter. | 不像 亲爱的 |
[12:21] | Not even a little? | 一点都不像吗 |
[12:23] | Sorry, soda pop. | 不像 亲爱的 |
[12:25] | Can he look like me? | 你就说像我不行吗 |
[12:27] | Ugh! Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:30] | Are you ready to get on down? | 你们准备好噪起来了吗 |
[12:35] | Right on, right on. Are you ready to get on up? | 好的好的 你们准备好嗨起来了吗 |
[12:40] | You’re rockin’ with DJ Funky Wonder. | 和时尚传奇DJ一起嗨吧 |
[12:43] | I’m gonna make you boogie-oogie-oogie | 我会让你们摇摆起来 |
[12:45] | until you just can’t boogie no more, baby. | 直到摇不动为止 宝贝儿们 |
[12:50] | Boogie. | 摇摆 |
[12:57] | Come on, ladies. You gotta loosen up. | 姑娘们 放松点 |
[12:58] | We gotta blend in. We’re on a mission here. | 我们得融入进来 还有任务呢 |
[13:00] | No, you’re on a mission here. | 是你有任务 |
[13:02] | I need to be home. | 我要回家 |
[13:04] | I got four kids, one of ’em need braces, and I’m savin’ up for a car. | 我有四个孩子 有一个要箍牙套 我还要攒钱买车 |
[13:08] | Yes, you have mentioned that. | 我知道 你说过了 |
[13:10] | If you ask me, I’d just buy the car, | 换做是我 我就买车 |
[13:13] | and tell that kid of yours to smile with his mouth closed. | 然后让要箍牙套的孩子笑的时候别露牙就好了 |
[13:15] | Yeah, Carol. | 是啊 卡罗尔 |
[13:18] | Be cool. | 酷一点 |
[13:20] | Don’t be all, like, uncool. | 别 不酷 |
[13:30] | All right, ladies, I’m gonna groove my way to the back room | 好了姑娘们 我要慢慢跳着去后台 |
[13:34] | and see if I can get a picture of the counterfeiting machine on my Afro camera. | 看看能不能用我的爆炸头相机拍到制假机器 |
[13:37] | Oh, what’s an Afro camera? | 爆炸头相机是什么 |
[13:39] | It’s a camera in my Afro. | 就是我爆炸头里的相机 |
[13:47] | Now all I gotta do is take a picture of the counterfeiting machine, | 我现在要做的就是用这个相机拍到制假机器 |
[13:50] | send it in to the drugstore, wait a couple of weeks for it to come back, | 送到药房 等几个星期照片洗出来之后 |
[13:53] | then show it to Agent Whitman. | 拿给怀特曼特工看 |
[13:55] | Then he’ll come down here to the disco, | 然后他就会来这家舞厅 |
[13:56] | and bust ’em cold stone and then, shablooya! | 一举把他们拿下 |
[13:58] | I will be Agent Cleo Brown in no time. | 我就能马上晋升为特工了 |
[14:01] | Well, a little bit of time, but you know what. | 也许不能马上晋升 但是你们懂的 |
[14:03] | I’ve waited a year, so I can wait a couple more weeks. | 我已经等了一年了 再等几个星期也没关系 |
[14:18] | Now don’t ask me how, | 具体过程我也不清楚 |
[14:21] | but Cleo shimmied her way into the bowels of the club. | 但是克利奥摇摆着走到了俱乐部后台 |
[14:32] | “TNT Boom.” | 炸弹 |
[14:34] | It’s right here in the storage room. | 就在仓库里 |
[14:41] | Okay, Skully, we’re almost finished pressing the LP’s. | 好了 斯卡利 LP的唱片已经做完了 |
[14:43] | We definitely shipping tonight? | 我们今晚确定运出是吗 |
[14:45] | Yep, and no one will ever guess the albums are actually made out of dynamite. | 是的 谁也不会料到这些唱片其实是由炸药制成的 |
[14:49] | Ho! | 嘭 |
[14:52] | The records will soon be in the hands of the Other Side. | 唱片很快会运送到彼岸 |
[14:55] | Hopefully soon, some bread will be in my hands. | 希望能快点 这样我也能早点拿到钱 |
[14:58] | Ah, yeah, about that. | 对 关于这个事 |
[15:01] | What was he thinking? | 他想啥呢 |
[15:03] | I make records out of dynamite. | 我都用炸药制成唱片了 |
[15:05] | Did he really expect me to pay him? | 他居然还指望我付他钱 |
[15:09] | Clean up this mess. | 把这收拾干净 |
[15:11] | And try not to blow anything up. | 别搞砸了 |
[15:25] | I’m starting to think I should’ve let Henrietta do this mission. | 我都后悔没让汉丽埃塔来执行这个任务了 |
[15:28] | I wonder if it’s too late to cram her into a tube top. | 我在想现在把她塞进抹胸里还来不来得及 |
[15:43] | Oh, hey, Cleo. | 嘿 克利奥 |
[15:45] | Hey. It turns out there’s some pretty crazy stuff goin’ on here. | 这地方确实有问题 |
[15:48] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[15:50] | This disco music is out of sight. | 这里的舞曲太棒了 |
[15:54] | Turns out you can dance all by yourself. | 居然不用和舞伴一起跳 |
[15:56] | I’m telling you, this music has changed me. | 告诉你 这舞曲已经改变了我 |
[15:59] | I don’t need a man to dance with. | 我不需要舞伴了 |
[16:01] | I don’t need a man at all. | 也不需要男朋友了 |
[16:03] | That’s too bad, because there’s a guy over there checking you out. | 可惜了 那边那个男的看你好久了 |
[16:07] | I don’t even care. | 我不在乎 |
[16:11] | Why you dancin’ over to him? | 那你为什么跳过去 |
[16:12] | It’s a coincidence. | 巧合而已 |
[16:15] | Cleo, did you get the picture you need? | 克利奥 你拍到想要的照片了吗 |
[16:17] | I got the pictures, all right. | 拍到了 |
[16:18] | Turns out they’re making records out of dynamite. | 他们把炸药做成了唱片 |
[16:20] | I need to tell Agent Whitman so he can come down here and handle it. | 我得去告诉怀特曼特工 让他来处理 |
[16:23] | So he can handle it? | 让他来处理 |
[16:25] | Cleo, I thought this was your mission. | 克利奥 这不是你的任务吗 |
[16:26] | This is the chance you’ve been dreaming about. | 这是你梦寐以求的机会 |
[16:29] | You will never be able to live with yourself unless you complete it. | 如果你完成了这个任务就证明了自己 |
[16:34] | Hey, hey, party people. | 嘿 各位 |
[16:36] | I was just in the back room, and stumbled across a new record | 我刚才去后台发现了一张新唱片 |
[16:39] | from a band I’ve never heard of called TNT. | 是一个新乐队的 名字叫炸弹 |
[16:42] | Their new single’s called “Boom.” | 他们的新单曲叫做《嘭》 |
[16:45] | Let’s see if it blows us away, baby. | 我们来听听是不是真的能嗨翻全场 |
[16:47] | Oh, it will blow us away, as soon as he puts it on the turntable. | 他要是真的播放这个 我们都会被炸飞的 |
[16:51] | It’s made out of dynamite. We need to get outta here right now. | 那是用炸药做的 我们得马上离开这里 |
[16:54] | Or you can finish what you started. | 或者你可以完成这个任务 |
[16:58] | Now all you foxy ladies and cool cats, let’s get ready to groove to “Boom.” | 现在 女士们先生们 一起跟着《嘭》这首歌嗨起来吧 |
[17:05] | No! You can’t play that record. It’s a bomb. | 不要 这个唱片不能播 这是个炸弹 |
[17:07] | At least give it a chance, lollipop. | 至少试试啊 亲爱的 |
[17:10] | For all you know, it could be… dyn-o-mite. | 你们懂的 可能是炸药哦 |
[17:51] | You may be bad, but I’m badder. | 你们很坏 可我比你们还坏 |
[17:54] | I am bad, bad Cleo Brown. | 我就是坏女孩克利奥·布朗 |
[18:09] | Grandma Gayle, I don’t want you to think | 外婆 我不是说 |
[18:11] | that I’m accusing you of stretching the truth, | 你讲得夸张 |
[18:13] | but I just flat out don’t believe you. | 但我确实不太相信 |
[18:18] | I mean, how did Cleo Brown, who had never been on a mission before, | 如果克利奥·布朗之前从来没有执行过任务 |
[18:22] | and was basically ready to run through the door, | 她怎么可能破门而出 |
[18:24] | all of a sudden beat the snot out of 20 bad guys? | 瞬间打到二十个壮汉 |
[18:26] | Ten, 20, 30, I don’t know the exact number. | 十个 二十个 三十个 我也不知道确切的数字 |
[18:28] | I ain’t no accountant. | 我又不是会计 |
[18:30] | But she did save the day, and there’s a whole lot more to the story. | 但她确实立了功 故事后面还有很多呢 |
[18:34] | But first, I gotta take a little nappy nap. | 但我要先去睡会 |
[18:36] | – No! – I’m just yankin’ your chain. | -不要 -逗你们玩呢 |
[18:41] | Okay, so anyway, the next day, it was right back to work for Cleo. | 第二天 克利奥回去工作的时候 |
[18:46] | Cleo, can I see you in the conference room, please? | 克利奥 来会议室一下 |
[18:50] | Okay, this is it. Go get ’em, Agent Brown. | 加油 布朗特工 |
[18:52] | I am so proud of you. You’re getting your promotion. | 真为你感到骄傲 你马上要晋升了 |
[19:07] | I see you have a bruise on your chin. | 我看见你的下巴上有伤 |
[19:09] | Well, you should see the other guys. | 你应该看看其他人 |
[19:11] | In fact, in two weeks, when the pictures | 过两个星期 |
[19:13] | come back from the drugstore, you will be able to. | 等药房把照片洗出来你就能看到了 |
[19:16] | Cleo, I’m furious with you. | 克利奥 我对你的行为很生气 |
[19:18] | I think what you mean is, good work. | 我认为你觉得我做的不错 |
[19:21] | You broke every rule in the book going on that mission. | 你执行这个任务打破了所有的规则 |
[19:24] | I think what you meant to say is I proved myself. | 我认为你的意思是我证明了我自己 |
[19:28] | I proved that I am just as capable as anybody in this office. | 我所做的证明了我和这里的其他人一样有能力 |
[19:32] | I deserve to be an agent. | 我有能力当一名特工 |
[19:33] | No. You deserve to be fired! | 不对 你应该被开除 |
[19:36] | But I’m gonna spare your job, | 不过我可以饶过你 |
[19:38] | because you have four kids, one of ’em needs braces, | 因为你有四个孩子 有一个要箍牙套 |
[19:40] | and you’re saving for a car. | 你还在攒钱买车 |
[19:50] | That is not me! | 那不是我 |
[19:55] | Look, I’m gonna do you a big favor, keep this whole mess off your record, | 我帮你个忙 不把这些记到你的档案里 |
[20:00] | because you’re a good girl. | 因为你是个好女孩 |
[20:02] | First off, I am not a girl. I am a woman. | 首先 我不是女孩 我是个女人 |
[20:07] | Secondly, I am not good. | 其次 我不是好人 |
[20:10] | I am bad. Bad, bad Cleo Brown! | 我是坏女孩克利奥·布朗 |
[20:12] | And last but definitely not least, I will do us both a favor. | 还有一点 我来帮咱俩一个忙 |
[20:17] | I quit! | 我辞职 |
[20:18] | You got that… hon? | 你听懂了吧 亲爱的 |
[20:25] | Everybody back to work. | 都给我回去工作 |
[20:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:30] | Hi, Charlie. | 嗨 查理 |
[20:32] | A date tonight? I don’t think so. | 晚上和我约会 我不想去 |
[20:35] | I am going disco dancing by myself. | 我要一个人去跳舞 |
[20:39] | Oh, and another thing. | 还有件事 |
[20:41] | I’m letting my underarm hair grow! | 我不刮腋毛了 |
[20:47] | I want a promotion. | 我要晋升 |
[20:49] | I wanna apply to become a spy. | 我申请当特工 |
[20:52] | Aren’t you supposed to be making coffee? | 你不是应该去泡咖啡吗 |
[20:54] | I have made enough coffee. | 我泡够了 |
[21:05] | Wait. So Cleo Brown rocked the mission, | 慢着 克利奥·布朗出色地完成了任务 |
[21:07] | saved hundreds of people from a disco inferno, | 救了舞厅里上百人 |
[21:10] | and still never officially became a spy? | 却还是没有成为一名特工 |
[21:13] | What the heck kinda female empowerment story is that? | 你这算什么女性励志故事啊 |
[21:16] | The kind we had in the ’70s, baby. | 在七十年代这样的故事已经很励志了 |
[21:19] | But if you allow me to finish, ramen noodle, | 你听我讲完 甜心 |
[21:22] | Cleo did go on to start her own successful detective agency. | 克利奥成功开了自己的侦探事务所 |
[21:27] | And Cleo’s lesson was our blessing. | 克利奥的不幸却是我们的幸运 |
[21:29] | Because after that, the powers that be saw that black women could do any job | 因为经过那件事 黑人女性的能力受到了肯定 |
[21:34] | just as well as anybody else, if not better. | 我们能做的不会比其他任何人差 |
[21:37] | And we began to get promoted. | 黑人女性也越来越受到重视 |
[21:39] | And that is the story of Cleo Brown. | 这就是克利奥·布朗的故事 |
[21:43] | You ready to go to the movies, hon? | 准备好去看电影了吗 亲爱的 |
[21:45] | No! | 不要 |
[21:47] | I’m too upset about what happened to Cleo. | 听完这个故事我很不开心 |
[21:50] | And don’t call me hon. | 别叫我亲爱的 |
[21:51] | Well, I’m glad you liked the story. | 很高兴你喜欢这个故事 |
[21:55] | You know, we should know about our past. | 我们应该了解我们的过去 |
[21:58] | It’s just a shame that Cleo didn’t get her due. | 只是很遗憾克利奥没有得到她应得的 |
[22:01] | Too bad there’s nothing we can do to change it. | 可惜我们不能改变什么了 |
[22:05] | Or can we? | 或许我们可以呢 |
[22:10] | Cleo Brown kicked down the doors so that my Grandma Gayle could become a spy. | 克利奥·布朗打破了规则才让我外婆当上了特工 |
[22:15] | My Grandma Gayle fought discrimination with her head held high, | 外婆昂首挺胸打击犯罪 |
[22:19] | so that my mother could become a spy. | 才让我妈妈成为了特工 |
[22:20] | Then my mother, well, she… she kinda dragged me into this without asking, | 然后我的妈妈 呃 她好像没问我就直接拉我入伙了 |
[22:26] | but you know what, I digress. | 我好像跑题了 |
[22:28] | Some people kick down doors, | 一些人自己打破规则 |
[22:30] | some people get dragged through doors against their will. | 一些人则被别人拉出规则之外 |
[22:33] | Anyway… it is thanks to Cleo that all young black female spies | 总之 多亏了克利奥才让所有的黑人女性 |
[22:40] | can be brave, know our worth, and fly. | 勇敢的正视自己的价值并发挥自己的才能 |
[22:45] | And that is why we honor her today with this bust. | 所以我们建了这座塑像来纪念她 |
[22:54] | Oh, baby, it’s okay. You can let it out. | 没关系 宝贝 可以哭出来 |
[22:56] | She said bust. | 她说了胸部 |