时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Let’s, uh, jump on in now, folks. | 我们现在开始吧 朋友们 |
[00:11] | I love starting the walking tour standing still, | 我喜欢从这里开始我们的徒步旅行 |
[00:14] | because this way we’re our own natural, organic Greek chorus, | 因为这样我们就像个有机的希腊合唱团 |
[00:18] | walking around our own unfolding Greek drama. | 走在城里 展开希腊戏剧的情节 |
[00:21] | And just like any Greek chorus | 就像任何跟这情节有关的 |
[00:23] | in relationship to its unfolding plot, | 希腊合唱团一样 |
[00:25] | we’ll be participating, observing, commenting, | 我们将 参与 观察 评论 |
[00:28] | but never really committing, if you know what I mean. | 但千万别真的投入进去 你们懂吧 |
[00:32] | As, most importantly, the walking tour is designed | 最重要的是 这次徒步旅行的目的 |
[00:34] | to be an intimate soirée | 是感受一个亲密的夜晚 |
[00:36] | that waltzes across this vast alienation– | 在这个充满异化的巨大城市中跳起华尔兹 |
[00:38] | Hey, people are trying to get to work, you dumb motherfuckers! | 还有人要上班呢 你们这些傻逼 |
[00:43] | Welcome! | 欢迎 |
[00:44] | Let’s charge off now into the great random choreography | 现在让我们进入随机上演的 |
[00:47] | that appears five times a week: | 每周五次的 |
[00:49] | rush hour, | 交通高峰期[尖峰时刻] |
[00:49] | 众口难调 | |
[00:50] | starring neurosis, the mediocre psychedelic trip | 由神经机能病领衔主演 开始这段 |
[00:53] | guiding all of this. | 平庸的迷幻之旅 |
[00:55] | Off to your right, Central Park. | 在你们的右手边是中央公园 |
[01:05] | – *Everybody* – *Everybody* | -*大家一起* -*大家一起* |
[01:08] | – *Everybody say yeah, yeah* – *Yeah, yeah* | -*大家一起说好* -*好 好* |
[01:12] | *Say yeah, yeah* | *说好 好* |
[01:16] | *Say yeah, say yeah, say yeah* | *说好 说好 说好* |
[01:21] | *Say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah* | *说好 说好* |
[01:23] | – *Say yeah, say yeah* – *Yeah* | -*说好* -*好* |
[01:26] | – *Say yeah* – *Yeah* | -*说好* -*好* |
[01:29] | – *Everybody* – *Everybody* | -*大家一起* -*大家一起* |
[01:32] | *Everybody say yeah, yeah, yeah!* | *大家一起 说好* |
[01:43] | Don’t you say that to me! Don’t you ever say that to me! | 你不能这样说话 你永远不能对我这样说话 |
[01:46] | You know, you may be able to get away with that with the old man, | 你也许能逃过那个老头的法眼 |
[01:48] | get him tanked up for a week, | 给他灌一周的酒 |
[01:49] | buy him off with your Hollywood blood money, | 用你从好莱坞挣的血汗钱收买他 |
[01:52] | but not me. It was just an offer. | 但你骗不了我 这只是一个提议 |
[01:54] | Yeah, well, keep it to yourself. | 留给你自己听吧 |
[01:58] | *Tap, tap, tapping on the glass* | *敲 敲 轻敲玻璃* |
[02:01] | – Fuck the committee! – Dad worked his whole life | -去他妈的委员会 -爸爸穷尽一生 |
[02:04] | building a life here for you. You’re just gonna throw it away? | 给你创造了现在的生活 你现在要放弃吗 |
[02:06] | I’m not getting stuck, too. | 我不想也被困在这里 |
[02:09] | Come, the third, Laertes. | 来吧 第三回合 雷欧提斯 |
[02:11] | You do but dally. | 你只是在浪费时间 |
[02:12] | *Rivers belong where they can ramble* | *河流属于能漫步的地方* |
[02:18] | *Eagles belong where they can fly* | *老鹰属于能飞翔的地方* |
[02:23] | *I’ve got to be where my spirit can run free* | *我要去灵魂可以自由奔跑的地方* |
[02:28] | *I’ve got to find my corner* | *我要在天空中* |
[02:31] | 干嘛呢”爸爸” 饥渴吗 | |
[02:33] | *Of the sky!* | *找到属于我的角落* |
[02:46] | Thank you all so much for coming. | 感谢大家过来 |
[02:48] | As you know, this is our first-ever | 如你们所知 这是我们首次举办 |
[02:51] | New York agent showcase, | 纽约经纪人展示会 |
[02:53] | and the kids are so darned excited to meet you. | 孩子们很高兴见到你们 |
[02:56] | Thank you so much for coming | 十分感谢你们能到场 |
[02:58] | and making their dreams come true. | 让他们梦想成真 |
[03:01] | Uh, and now the great work begins. | 伟大的工作现在开始 |
[03:04] | Oh, I’m– I’m sorry. Uh, okay, I’m– | 很抱歉 好的 |
[03:06] | I– I’ll just collect your– your forms, | 我现在收你们的填好的表格 |
[03:08] | uh, that you filled out, and if you didn’t, please do, uh… | 如果你们还没填好 请现在填写 |
[03:12] | Thank you so much. I’m Leonard Tully, as I said, | 十分感谢 我是莱纳德·塔利 |
[03:15] | and my picture and resume’s not in your packet, | 我的照片和简历不在你们的包里 |
[03:17] | but I’ve got a stack of them backstage if anybody wants one. | 但如果有人要的话 我在后台有一堆 |
[03:20] | – Thanks. – I’m kidding. | -谢谢 -我开玩笑的 |
[03:23] | Don’t go, I wanna sit and talk to you. | 别走 我想和你坐下聊聊 |
[03:26] | Okay, I’ll see you back there. | 好 我们后台见 |
[03:27] | I’m gonna hang on to mine, thanks. | 我要留着我的 谢谢 |
[03:28] | Okay. Thanks for coming. | 好 感谢你能前来 |
[03:33] | – So good, so good. – Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. | -太棒了 太棒了 -谢谢 谢谢你 |
[03:35] | Thanks, thanks. They– Listen, you gotta go out and mingle | 谢谢 你得出去聊聊天 |
[03:38] | – ’cause they’re dying to meet a real live actor. – Okay, okay. | -因为他们很想见到真正的演员 -好的 |
[03:39] | Told ’em all about you. | 我跟他们介绍过你 |
[03:41] | I’m telling you, all you need | 我跟你说 你需要的 |
[03:42] | is a couple of good knives and a big pot | 只是一些好的刀具 和一大口锅 |
[03:44] | so you can make soup for the whole week. | 这样你就可以做一整个星期的汤了 |
[03:46] | – What about getting an agent? – Oh, that’ll happen when it happens. | -找个经纪人怎么样 -船到桥头自然直 |
[03:49] | But in the meantime, you better get yourself | 但与此同时 你最好给你自己 |
[03:50] | a roommate and get into soup! | 找个室友 然后学会做汤 |
[03:51] | Of course, there’s lots of wine, yeah. | 当然 这里有许多酒 |
[03:53] | Oh, wait, wait, wait. Janelle, Janelle, Janelle! | 等等 等等 珍妮儿 |
[03:56] | Oh, thank you so much for coming! | 十分感谢你能过来 |
[03:59] | Yeah, it’s so– it’s so great to see you! | 见到你很高兴 |
[04:01] | – Yeah, it’s great to see you, too! – Thank you. | -见到你也很高兴 -谢谢你 |
[04:02] | – Thank you so much for inviting me. – Of course, of course! | -十分感谢你能邀请我 -当然当然 |
[04:05] | Listen, do you have any tips | 你有一些我能传授给他们的 |
[04:07] | or thoughts I should pass along to them? | 秘诀或者想法吗 |
[04:09] | Uh, um… Oh, I loved that song from Dear Evan Hansen. | 我喜欢《致埃文·汉森》里的那首歌 |
[04:13] | Oh, my God, it’s so good. | 我的天 那很棒 |
[04:15] | Actually, I’ve got to get back to the office. | 其实我得回办公室 |
[04:16] | It really was so great to see you, Leonard! | 见到你真的很高兴 莱纳德 |
[04:19] | – Thank you. – I’ll let you know if there’s interest, | -谢谢你 -如果感兴趣我会告诉你的 |
[04:21] | but, you know, we’re boutique, so we can only take on so many. | 但你也知道 我们是精品店 容量有限 |
[04:24] | Of course, of course. Look, I know how show business works. | 当然 我都明白 |
[04:27] | – Oh, whoa, whoa… Yeah. – All right, take your call. | -好的 -好的 你接电话吧 |
[04:29] | – Thanks for coming. It’s great. So much love. Bye. -Yeah. Yeah. Bye. | -谢谢你过来 爱你 -嗯 拜 |
[04:33] | What did she say? | 她怎么说 |
[04:35] | Does she want to meet any of us or–? | 她想见见我们哪个吗 还是… |
[04:36] | Well, here’s the thing– here’s the thing about agents | 是这样的 那些经纪人吧 |
[04:38] | is that they work in a clump, | 他们都是组团工作的 |
[04:39] | -and so– -Leonard, do we get to see our sheets? | -所以 -莱纳德 我们到底有机会吗 |
[04:41] | Well, you know, guys, I want you to meet my friend Curtis. | 是这样 我想让你们见见我朋友柯蒂斯 |
[04:44] | We did Angels together at the Old Globe. | 我们在老环球剧院是一起当经纪人的 |
[04:46] | He has amazing stories, and he’ll be able to really tell you | 他有很棒的故事 他可以告诉你们一些 |
[04:49] | some things that I can’t. Just listen and learn. | 我没法告诉你们的事 听他说的 好好学 |
[04:51] | And if they want you in a cock sock, you wear a cock sock. | 他让你们穿公鸡袜子 你们就穿 |
[04:54] | And there ain’t nothing you can do about it. Hopefully, it’s the right size. | 你什么也做不了 只能希望尺寸合适 |
[04:57] | I didn’t even see you here, girl. | 我之前都没看到你 姐妹 |
[04:59] | Now, let me tell you right now, look at these freckles. | 我跟你说吧 看看这些雀斑 |
[05:01] | You let people see them freckles, because it’s | 你得让人们看到你的雀斑 |
[05:02] | what makes you different, it’s what makes you good. | 你的不同才是你的优秀之处 |
[05:03] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么 |
[05:06] | – Do you know what NVS means? – What’s the context? | -你知道NVS是什么意思吗 -什么语境 |
[05:08] | It’s what some of the agents wrote on the kids’ forms. | 有些经纪人在孩子们的表格后标注的 |
[05:11] | NVS or NVG next to everybody’s name except Sunny’s. | 每个人的名字后都标有NVS或NVG 除了桑尼 |
[05:16] | Well, I don’t know. It’s “New Verging Singer,” “Now Very Strong,” | 我不知道 可能是”新生代歌手” “很有前途” |
[05:20] | “Nubile Versatile Songstress.” | “性感多才超会唱” |
[05:22] | – Or, uh, “Nice Vertical Stance.” Yeah. – Yeah, something like that. | -或者”站姿挺拔” -对 差不多吧 |
[05:27] | – Heads up! – Really? Dumb motherfucker! | -小心 -搞什么 混蛋 |
[05:28] | Wow! Oh, it is so great to be back in New York! | 回到纽约来真是太好了 |
[05:33] | God, I haven’t been here since the Pleistocene Age. | 天啊 我自从更新世后就再也没有回到过这里 |
[05:35] | Every goddamn break I had, I had to go to Alex’s family. | 我每次休假都得去爱丽克丝的家 |
[05:39] | – Oh, how is Alex? – Curtis! | -爱丽克丝最近怎么样 -柯蒂斯 |
[05:43] | We broke up! I told you all about it on Facebook. | 我们分手了 我在脸书上都和你说了 |
[05:45] | No, no, no. You know I don’t go on that shit. | 不不不 你知道我不上那破网 |
[05:47] | Well, it’s been about eight months. It’s been really rough. | 八个月了 真是一段痛苦的时期 |
[05:50] | – I’m so sorry. – Yeah. | -我很遗憾 -嗯 |
[05:52] | But, you know, everything’s for a reason | 但是 一切冥冥中自有定数 |
[05:54] | and the timing couldn’t be better because my sabbatical’s coming up | 这个时机真是太好了 因为正好是我的假期 |
[05:57] | and, you know, New York’s always been my white whale. | 你也知道 纽约一直是我的梦想之地 |
[06:01] | And so I’m thinking maybe now’s the time to dust off my Capezios | 于是我想着也许是时候拍拍我的斗篷 |
[06:05] | and the 16 bars and press some flesh in the Equity Lounge | 以及16间酒吧 再往股市里投点东西 |
[06:08] | and see if there are any parts for 200-year-old men. | 看看有没有适合两百岁老头子的东西 |
[06:19] | This boy comes wobblin’ | 这个男孩 |
[06:21] | down the street, and I say to him, | 在街头瑟瑟发抖 我说 |
[06:24] | “Hey now, what’s all the fuss?” | “喂 你怎么了” |
[06:27] | And now he says to me, | 他告诉我 |
[06:29] | he’s looking for a hospital, can I help him? | 他在找医院 问我能不能帮他 |
[06:31] | 来自丽 昨晚聊得很开心 这个夏天很愉快 对吧 | |
[06:31] | And so I say, | 于是我说 |
[06:33] | 没错 天佑丽 代我撸撸狗 | |
[06:34] | there hasn’t been a hospital around here in 20 years. | 这里20年来就没有医院 |
[06:37] | – Yeah. – But then, of course, that Urgent Care | -没错 -不过 那个紧急护理中心 |
[06:39] | is like a hospital, | 和医院差不多 |
[06:43] | and that’s just two blocks away, you know. | 就在两个街区外 |
[06:46] | I told him so. | 我这么告诉他了 |
[06:49] | Always wondered what happened to that boy. | 真想知道那男孩后来怎么样了 |
[06:53] | Yeah, I do too. | 我也想知道 |
[06:55] | Uh, I don’t wanna change the subject or anything, | 我不是想转移话题什么的 |
[06:56] | but do you think this is gonna be an expensive fix? | 但你觉得修理费会很贵吗 |
[06:59] | And if it is, do you think you’ll be able | 如果很贵的话 如果这车已经完蛋了 |
[07:02] | to take it off my hands if it’s fucked? | 你能不能帮我处理掉 |
[07:07] | – We’ll see about the engine. – Okay. | -我们先看看引擎吧 -好的 |
[07:11] | The rest seems to be in good shape. | 其他部件好像都很完好 |
[07:14] | You should keep it. | 还能留着 |
[07:17] | I don’t know, man. It’s pretty high-maintenance. | 我不知道 保养实在太费心费力了 |
[07:22] | Uh, okay, I’ll look at it. | 好吧 我会好好看看的 |
[07:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:26] | Yeah. | 好 |
[07:33] | You wouldn’t want a bag of sand, would you? | 你肯定不会想要一袋沙子吧 |
[07:38] | No. | 不想 |
[07:39] | 玛丽危机酒馆 | |
[07:44] | *Don’t reveal my indiscretion* | *不要暴露我的轻率* |
[07:46] | *Just leave well enough alone * | *只要留我一个人* |
[07:50] | *Hush up, don’t tell mama* | *小声点 别告诉妈妈* |
[07:52] | *Hush up, don’t tell mama* | *小声点 别告诉妈妈* |
[07:55] | *Don’t tell mama whatever you do* | *不管怎样都别告诉妈妈* |
[07:57] | Not very special. | 没什么特别的 |
[07:59] | I think so, too, but people really love this place. | 我也觉得 但是人们都喜欢这个地方 |
[08:02] | No, that’s what NVS stands for. | 不 我是说那就是NVS的意思 |
[08:05] | You still thinking about that? Let it go. | 你还在想那个 别想了 |
[08:08] | Curtis, you once told me you didn’t need talent to make it, | 柯蒂斯 你曾经告诉我成功不需要天赋 |
[08:11] | that if you were persistent and everybody would leave | 只要你坚持得够久 其他人都会离开 |
[08:16] | and then you’d get all the parts ’cause there’d be nobody left. | 那一切就都归你了 因为根本没别人了 |
[08:19] | – I said that? – Yeah, and it worked out for you. | -是我说的吗 -而且你就是这么做的 |
[08:21] | If you’re gonna talk, go to the bar. | 如果你们只想聊天 就去吧台坐 |
[08:23] | Plenty of people want to sing at the piano. | 有很多人想坐在钢琴边唱歌的 |
[08:25] | I’m not gonna leave till you play my song. | 你不弹我的歌我是不会走的 |
[08:26] | Okay, take it easy, Blanche. | 淡定点 布兰奇 |
[08:28] | God, I hate this fucking place. | 天 我讨厌这个该死的地方 |
[08:31] | Come on, I can sing as well as these guys can. | 拜托 我也能唱得和这些家伙一样好 |
[08:34] | – Of course you can. – Why am I not here? | -当然了 -我为什么不能在这里 |
[08:36] | Because you’re shaping young minds. | 因为你在打磨你的思想 |
[08:38] | – It’s like deaf people singing. – Oh, come on. | -简直就像听聋子唱歌 -拜托 |
[08:44] | So if you see my mommy, mum’s the word. | 如果你们见到我妈妈 就叫她妈妈 |
[08:50] | I’m taking my cigarette break. Pass the jar, please. | 我要去抽根烟了 出去一下 谢谢 |
[08:54] | – Bye. – Well, I think that’s my cue. | -再见 -我觉得我差不多了 |
[08:56] | – What? – You know, I’ve got a 4 A.M. call | -什么 -我凌晨四点有个活 |
[08:57] | to be a forensic scientist at Silvercup. | 要去《银杯》客串一个法医科学家 |
[08:59] | Oh, you need somebody to run lines? | 你需要找人和你对台词吗 |
[09:01] | No. Blah-blah-blah. Contusion. Looks like they were murdered. | 不用 反正就是瘀伤 看上去是被谋杀的 |
[09:04] | – It doesn’t matter. – Oh, hey, I love you so much! | -没事的 -我好爱你 |
[09:07] | – I love you, too. – Thank you so much for coming. | -我也爱你 -非常感谢你能过来陪我 |
[09:09] | I’m so glad we’re still friends! | 我们还是朋友真是太好了 |
[09:12] | – I’m gonna move to New York. – Okay. | -我要搬到纽约 -好吧 |
[09:14] | – Okay? Okay. – Yeah, I’d love that. All right. | -好吗 -那太好了 好了 |
[09:16] | – Come on. Sit on down. Yeah, you good here? – Bye. | -来 坐下 你没事吧 -再见 |
[09:18] | Yeah, I’m good. I’m G. I’m VG. | 我没事 我是G 我是VG |
[09:21] | You are VG. All right, bye, baby. | 你是VG 好了 再见 宝贝 |
[09:23] | – Bye. Thanks for coming. – Okay. | -再见 谢谢你能来 -好 |
[09:37] | 你好 爸爸 想要吗 | |
[09:39] | 爸爸想要 | |
[09:39] | Hey, everybody, John is going to do a solo. | 大家伙儿 约翰要进行独唱 |
[09:42] | – John, you ready? Okay. – Yeah. | -约翰 准备好了吗 -嗯 |
[09:54] | Oh my God, that’s my song. | 天啊 那是我的歌 |
[09:56] | This is my song, motherfucker. | 这是我的歌 混蛋 |
[09:59] | That’s my song! | 这是我的歌 |
[10:00] | – * …at last* – That’s my song. | -*最后* -那是我的歌 |
[10:03] | *This is the moment, when all I’ve done* | *这一刻 我做的一切* |
[10:09] | *All of the dreaming, scheming, and screaming becomes one* | *那些梦想 计划 尖叫都成为一体* |
[10:22] | Come on, respond, motherfucker. | 回我啊 混蛋 |
[10:27] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:50] | That smells good. | 气味真不错 |
[10:55] | – You want? – Yes, please. | -来一口吗 -好 |
[11:00] | Danke schoen. | 非常感谢 |
[11:02] | Bitte schoen. Sie sprechen? | 不客气 你会说吗 |
[11:05] | Sie sprechen Deutsch? | 你会说德语 |
[11:08] | No, but they were singing | 不会 但是街对面 |
[11:10] | a lot of Cabaret across the street. | 他们老唱《歌厅》 |
[11:13] | – Oh, I love Cabaret . – Yeah. | 我很喜欢《歌厅》 -是啊 |
[11:17] | “You wouldn’t know that she was Jewish at all.” | “你根本看不出她是犹太人” |
[11:22] | That place seems fun. I’ve never been there. | 那地方看着挺有意思 我从没去过 |
[11:24] | Yeah. What are you doing tonight? | 今天晚上你有什么安排 |
[11:27] | Just went to see a movie at IFC, | 去IFC影城看了个电影 |
[11:29] | now I’m going on a bike ride, | 现在要去骑会儿车 |
[11:31] | and, uh, probably gonna go home soon. | 很可能等下就回家了 |
[11:35] | Sounds fun. | 听着不错 |
[11:37] | It’s pretty fun. What about you? | 挺不错的 你呢 |
[11:40] | Oh shit. | 靠 |
[11:42] | Here you go. You okay? | 可以了 你没事吧 |
[11:45] | – You okay? – Yeah, I’m good. | -你还好吗 -嗯 我没事 |
[11:47] | – Want some water? – No. You want some ice cream? | -想喝点水吗 -不了 你想吃冰激凌吗 |
[11:52] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[11:55] | Oh shit. | 靠 |
[11:58] | No one gets ice cream now, I guess. | 看来现在大家都吃不了冰激凌了 |
[12:02] | What are you doing tonight? | 今天晚上你有什么安排 |
[12:04] | You asked that. | 你问过了 |
[12:07] | Oh, you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[12:09] | Shit. | 靠 |
[12:14] | Oh shit. | 我靠 |
[12:21] | Oh God. | 我的天 |
[12:50] | Oh God. | 我的天 |
[12:59] | Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. | 我的天 |
[13:04] | Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit. | 糟了 糟了 |
[13:11] | Oh my God. Oh my God. | 我的天 |
[13:14] | Help me, somebody. | 谁来帮帮我 |
[13:23] | – Hello? – No, no, no, no! | -谁啊 -没事 |
[13:26] | Don’t come out. Stay asleep. | 别出来 接着睡 |
[13:29] | Oh, Marta! Marta, Marta, Marta! | 玛塔 玛塔 |
[13:33] | Are you there? It’s Leonard! Marta! | 你在吗 我是莱纳德 玛塔 |
[13:36] | Did the agents call? | 是经纪人来电话了吗 |
[13:37] | No, no, no! Don’t come out yet, I’m naked! | 不是 先别出来 我光着呢 |
[13:39] | – Do you have a… towel or something? – Oh. All right. | -你有浴巾什么的吗 -好吧 |
[13:42] | Don’t come out, I’m naked. | 别出来 我光着呢 |
[13:44] | – Okay. – Oh my God! Don’t look at me! | -好吧 -我的天 别盯着我 |
[13:55] | Hello, uh, I’m sorry to bother you. | 你好 很抱歉麻烦你 |
[13:57] | Could I get another key for 504? | 我能再要个504房间的钥匙吗 |
[14:00] | And, uh, do you have any Advil? | 还有 你有止疼药吗 |
[14:03] | Sure, let me check. | 好的 我来看一下 |
[14:06] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:11] | A city is what happens once a landscape needs to order in. | 当人们需要打包景点的时候 就会产生城市 |
[14:16] | New York City, great example. | 纽约市 非常好的例子 |
[14:17] | The Collect Pond is the original drinking water downtown. | 克莱克特池塘原本是市中心的饮用水 |
[14:20] | It gets polluted, they build a canal to siphon off | 池塘被污染了 人们就建了个运河 |
[14:23] | the polluted water into the river: Canal Street. | 把污染了的水排到河里去 这就是运河街 |
[14:26] | Then comes the invention of private water companies | 后来就出现了私营的水公司 |
[14:29] | that specialize in bringing drinkable water | 专门从事提供饮用水 |
[14:32] | to the population. | 给当地人口的工作 |
[14:34] | And that right there, that’s when it becomes New York City. | 就在那边 那就是现在的纽约市 |
[14:37] | Yeah, baby! | 就是这样的 |
[14:38] | For this city, from its very beginnings | 对这个城市而言 从一开始 |
[14:41] | has been a gigantic ordering-in situation. | 就一直是个巨大的打包行动 |
[14:47] | As the different honks of the city | 而城市中各种不同的汽车喇叭声 |
[14:48] | come blaring into your present tense, | 交织成为你们的日常 |
[14:50] | connoisseur taste and judge them based on | 基于它们的厚度 强度 背景和长短 |
[14:54] | their voluminousness, intensity, context, and duration. | 可以以行家的品味去鉴别 |
[14:57] | That last little one, did you hear that? | 那最后的一小声 你们听见了吗 |
[14:58] | Kind of a staccato chord in the middle of that? | 中间还有个转音似的 |
[15:01] | That’s the sound of misguided animosity. | 那是找错对象的仇恨的声音 |
[15:05] | Right this way. Great view of traffic. | 这边走 可以很好地看到堵车的情况 |
[15:08] | Traffic is spiritual. | 堵车是有精神境界的 |
[15:10] | Traffic is the city teacher’s method of inflicting patience | 堵车是城市这个老师给本已明显缺乏耐心的 |
[15:14] | on a population clearly addicted to impatience. | 城市人口灌输耐心的方法 |
[15:23] | 来自阿卜杜拉:今天不能上班了 | |
[15:26] | 跟蜜蜂玩呢 | |
[15:28] | Dude, come on. | 不是吧 |
[15:29] | 儿童肿瘤科 | |
[15:36] | 哥们 这可不好 我们计划好的 | |
[16:04] | Excuse me, I’m here to see a couple of friends of mine: | 打扰了 我来看我的两个朋友 |
[16:08] | Bryan Gregory and Sarah Rousso– | 布莱恩·格里高利还有莎拉·罗素… |
[16:11] | I guess she’s going by Gregory now, actually, too, | 我猜她现在也姓格里高利了 |
[16:13] | so, yeah, uh, Gregory. | 对 格里高利 |
[16:15] | And what’s the patient’s name? | 患者的名字是什么 |
[16:19] | Gregory. | 格里高利 |
[16:22] | Oh, okay, okay. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. | 噢 对对对 |
[16:26] | Lo– Logan. Logan. | 洛… 洛根 |
[16:29] | There you go. I just needed to identify the patient. | 这就对了 我要确认一下患者是谁 |
[16:31] | You know, I actually haven’t met him yet. | 我实际上还没见过他呢 |
[16:33] | They’re friends from high school and, uh– | 他们两口子是我高中的朋友 |
[16:35] | Well, I hang out with– yeah. | 我们一起玩… |
[16:37] | – Where’s the play room? – The play room’s down the hall. | -娱乐室在哪里 -走廊直走 |
[16:40] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[16:42] | – My stomach hurts. – Stomach is hurting? | -我的肚子疼 -肚子疼 |
[16:45] | – Yeah, really bad. – Okay, okay. I’ll let them know, honey. | -非常疼 -好 我告诉他们 宝贝 |
[16:48] | – Where does it hurt? Show me where it hurts. – Here. | -哪里疼 给我指一下哪里疼 -这 |
[16:51] | – Okay. Is that helping when you press on it? – It hurts. | -你按住它是不是能好点 -疼 |
[16:55] | Okay, sweetie, don’t worry. I was just out talking to him. | 宝贝 别担心 我出去跟他说一下 |
[16:59] | He’ll be right in. | 他马上就过来 |
[17:01] | I don’t know if everyone wants to | 我不知道大家是不是都愿意在电视里 |
[17:02] | watch children dying of cancer on TV. | 看孩子们得癌症死去 |
[17:04] | I mean, hospital shows are a thing. | 医院类的节目很火的 |
[17:06] | Really? I don’t watch that much TV, so– | 真的吗 我不太看电视 所以… |
[17:08] | – Oh, yeah, they’re a thing. – Thank you. | -它们挺火的 -谢谢你 |
[17:15] | Hey there, little cutie. | 你好啊 小可爱 |
[17:20] | – Oh wow. Hey, little baby! – Hey! Hi! | -小家伙 -你好 |
[17:24] | Don’t worry, you’re not stuck with me alone, | 别担心 你不会跟我一个人面面相觑的 |
[17:27] | ’cause Bryan’s on his way back. | 布莱恩就回来 |
[17:29] | – I’m not stuck with you. – Okay. | -我没觉得和你困在一起 -好吧 |
[17:31] | I’m very excited to see you. | 我很高兴来见你 |
[17:33] | Have you been to New York before? | 你之前来过纽约吗 |
[17:34] | Uh, no. Uh, yeah, yeah. | 没有 也算有过 |
[17:36] | I don’t know if you remember our senior year, | 我不知道你是否记得高三的时候 |
[17:38] | I came with the choir. | 我和合唱团一起来过 |
[17:39] | We saw some Broadway shows, but you probably don’t remember. | 我们看了些百老汇表演 但你大概不记得了 |
[17:41] | Anyway, this is sort of my first time as an adult. | 反正这是我成年后第一次来 |
[17:44] | – Yeah, yeah. – Yeah. | -不错 不错 -是啊 |
[17:45] | I’ll let you have a moment. | 我让你们单独待会儿 |
[17:47] | Oh, sure. I’ll see you back in the room. | 好的 一会儿房间见 |
[17:53] | Hey, Logan. | 你好啊 洛根 |
[18:02] | – Today was really hard. – Yeah? | -今天过得很艰难 -是吗 |
[18:04] | Yeah, he had immunotherapy, | 是啊 他进行了免疫疗法 |
[18:06] | and he had to lie down under this machine and… | 他必须要躺在那个机器下而且… |
[18:12] | It was hard. | 非常难熬 |
[18:17] | But, look. | 但你看 |
[18:19] | He has tattoos. | 他有纹身了 |
[18:22] | – Oh, that’s cool. – Yeah. | -太酷了 -是啊 |
[18:23] | So they can line him up with the radiation machine. | 医生用这个将他与辐射装置保持齐平 |
[18:26] | – Hey! Cool party dots, bruh! – Yeah! | -超酷的派对勋章 -没错 |
[18:40] | God, have you been outside today? It’s gorgeous. | 老天 你今天去过外面吗 天气非常好 |
[18:44] | Yeah, I remember I got in a huge fight with my parents, | 我记得我跟爸妈大吵了一架 |
[18:47] | and I was at your house, lying on your bed on my back, | 之后去了你家 躺在你床上 |
[18:50] | and I remember feeling extremely self-conscious | 我记得自己当时感觉及其难为情 |
[18:52] | ’cause I had braces on and I was, | 因为我戴着牙套 而且 |
[18:54] | like, crying and snotting everywhere. | 我哭得涕泪横流的 |
[18:55] | – That’s right. – But I was just looking at your wall, | -没错 -但我看着你的墙 |
[18:57] | and there was a framed poster | 墙上有张带画框的海报 |
[18:58] | of Miss Saigon and Les Miserables and… | 海报里是西贡小姐和《悲惨世界》和… |
[19:03] | – RENT. Yep. -…and then RENT , yeah. | -《吉屋出租》 -《吉屋出租》 没错 |
[19:06] | – You don’t remember that? – I do. | -你不记得了吗 -我记得 |
[19:08] | You had neon green rubber bands on your braces, | 你的牙套上帮着荧光绿的橡皮筋 |
[19:12] | – and there was a lot of snot. – There was a lot of snot. | -确实流好多鼻涕 -确实 |
[19:14] | ‘Cause I’m a snotty crier, still am. | 因为我就是个爱哭鬼 依然是 |
[19:21] | Hey, I was thinking about it on the ride over here… | 我过来的路上一直在想 |
[19:25] | We were good friends. | 我们以前是很好的朋友 |
[19:27] | – We were best friends, yeah. – Yeah! | -是最好的朋友 -对啊 |
[19:31] | Whatever happened to that friendship? | 那种友谊去哪儿了 |
[19:36] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[19:37] | You and Bryan would always do drugs together, | 你和布莱恩总是一起嗑药 |
[19:39] | and I didn’t want him to do that. | 我不希望他嗑药 |
[19:43] | Fair. | 有道理 |
[19:45] | You know, I remember that I was giving you a lot of shit | 我记得当时跟你吵得很凶 |
[19:48] | – for voting for Bush the first time… – Oh my Lord. | -因为你要投票给布什 -我的天 |
[19:51] | – …’cause I couldn’t vote yet, and you were crazy. – Yes, yes. | -因为我还不能投票 而你是疯子 -是啊 |
[19:55] | And you were really self-righteous and obnoxious | 而且你非常自以为是 并很讨厌 |
[19:58] | – about Ralph Nader. – Ralph Nader! | -你支持拉尔夫·纳德 -拉尔夫·纳德 |
[19:59] | ‘Cause he’s got some good ideas. | 因为他有些好点子 |
[20:01] | You were kind of an asshole about it, | 你在那事上挺混蛋的 |
[20:02] | – actually. – I was. That’s fair too. | -说真的 -是啊 这话也不假 |
[20:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:10] | – Did your dad vote for– – Yeah, of course he did. | -你爸有没有投给… -当然 |
[20:13] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[20:14] | – Did you? – No, I didn’t vote. | -你呢 -不 我没投票 |
[20:17] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[20:26] | You know why I thought you were pissed? | 你知道我以为你是为什么事生气吗 |
[20:29] | – Why? – The talent show. | -什么事 -那个选秀节目 |
[20:31] | What? | 什么 |
[20:32] | You were watching the talent show, | 你当时在看选秀节目 |
[20:35] | and you were standing up front enjoying yourself, | 站在前面非常享受 |
[20:37] | and I came up behind you and you were wearing pajama pants, | 我走到你后面 你当时穿着睡裤 |
[20:41] | uh, and I pantsed you, but I didn’t know | 然后我把你裤子拉下来了 但我不知道 |
[20:43] | you weren’t wearing underwear and everyone saw. | 你当时没穿内裤 所以大家都看见了 |
[20:46] | And I really felt bad about it my entire life. | 我为这事后悔了一辈子 |
[20:50] | What? | 怎么了 |
[20:52] | – What are you laughing at? – Are you kidding? | -你在笑什么 -你在开玩笑吗 |
[20:53] | I have no memory of that. | 我一点也不记得 |
[20:56] | – Really? – No. | -真的吗 -不记得 |
[20:58] | You were so fucking pissed. | 你当时气疯了 |
[21:00] | Was I? I have no recollection. | 是吗 我一点都没有印象 |
[21:02] | I’ve been sweating this for like 20 years… | 我这二十年一直坐立难安 |
[21:05] | …and you’re telling me– Dude! | 而你告诉我…姐们 |
[21:07] | You know, I might have done a lot of drugs, | 也许我确实吸了不少毒 |
[21:09] | but you have a really shitty memory. | 但你的记忆力真是烂出天际 |
[21:11] | Oh, oh, oh. Yeah, yeah. Okay. | 好了好了 妈妈来了 |
[21:14] | – Good morning. – Yeah, hi. | -早上好 -早啊 |
[21:16] | Aww, okay. Yeah? | 乖乖的 好吗 |
[21:23] | Oh, Bryan’s stuck in traffic with the boys. | 布莱恩和孩子们被堵在路上了 |
[21:27] | He should be here soon. Look. | 他应该很快就到 你看 |
[21:29] | They are so cute! | 他们太可爱了 |
[21:31] | They have their heads shaved! | 他们都剃光头了 |
[21:32] | Oh yeah, in solidarity. | 是啊 组团剃头 |
[21:35] | Did… Did Bryan shave his head? | 那布莱恩剃了吗 |
[21:38] | No? | 没有吗 |
[21:40] | – Oh, insecure man. – That’s right. | -这个没安全感的男人 -没错 |
[21:41] | You gotta get on the train, man. | 他得跟大家待在一条船上啊 |
[21:42] | It’s just people who come here from all over the world | 只是人们从世界各地赶来 |
[21:45] | to meet with this one specialist. | 向这位专家求诊 |
[21:49] | Yeah, and everybody is so gentle and quiet. | 每个人都非常有礼貌 安静 |
[21:52] | It’s actually very, very nice. | 真的非常非常好 |
[21:54] | – I mean, I’m so glad you guys found him. – I know, right? | -我很开心你们找到了他 -对啊 |
[21:57] | Hey! Bruh! | 哥们 |
[21:59] | What’s up? | 你好吗 |
[22:00] | – Good to see you, man! – Nice to see you! | -很高兴见到你 兄弟 -很高兴见到你 |
[22:03] | How’s it going? Hey, Lo! Come here. | 别来无恙啊 你好小洛 过来抱抱 |
[22:07] | – Hey, Lo! – Yeah. | -你好啊小洛 -嗯 |
[22:09] | Hey, remember, we gotta pick up that medicine | 记住我们得去拿那个药 |
[22:10] | from the fridge to keep at Ronald. | 在冰箱里 放在罗纳德那 |
[22:12] | Oh yeah, got it. | 对 好的 |
[22:12] | I almost lost a bottle of medicine that cost…$10,000. | 我差点丢了一瓶一万美金的药 |
[22:15] | Yeah. A lot. | 没错 超贵的 |
[22:17] | A lot. Yeah. | 超贵的 |
[22:18] | Uh, listen, this was great. | 听着 刚才挺好的 |
[22:20] | I really enjoyed getting to hang out with this little bro. | 我很享受跟这小家伙共处 |
[22:23] | – Yeah, you meet my friend here, Lo? – Yeah. | -你见过我这哥们了 -是的 |
[22:25] | What do you think? He still smell like pickles? | 有什么想法 他还是一股泡菜味吗 |
[22:28] | – Bro, bro. – Sorry. | -不是吧 哥们 -抱歉 |
[22:31] | A little bit? A little bit? | 有一点吗 有一点 |
[22:33] | – All right, all right. – Smells like pickles a little bit? | -好吧 -有一点泡菜味 |
[22:35] | That is an open wound. You can’t just pour salt like that. | 那可是外伤 你不能这样往上面撒盐 |
[22:37] | – I know, yeah. – Listen, I want to help out. Whatever I can do. | -我知道 -听着 我想帮忙 什么都行 |
[22:41] | We’re gonna put the boys down at Ronald and then we’ll go out. | 我们把孩子们送去罗纳德那 然后我俩出去 |
[22:44] | ‘Cause I can also come to Ronald. | 我也可以去罗纳德那 |
[22:45] | – It’s not a problem at all. – Bro. | -完全不是问题 -哥们 |
[22:47] | – All right, well– – We’re gonna go out. | -好吧 -我们要出去 |
[22:49] | You wanna get something to eat? | 你要吃点什么吗 |
[22:52] | Payback! Sucka! | 报复来了 忍着吧 |
[22:55] | Yeah, that was cool. What’d you think of that, Logan? | 酷 你觉得呢 洛根 |
[22:57] | Oh, he liked it. | 他喜欢 |
[22:59] | Is this illegal? | 这不犯法吗 |
[23:06] | Bruh. | 哥们 |
[23:06] | 圣马可医疗中心 | |
[23:07] | -Bruh. -Bruh. | -哥们 -哥们 |
[23:10] | Marlboro Lights, huh? | 万宝路啊 |
[23:12] | You used to smoke Camels. | 你以前抽骆驼牌的 |
[23:16] | It’s whatever. I don’t really care. | 什么都行 我不在乎 |
[23:18] | Want some of this? | 要来点吗 |
[23:21] | – Cop’s right there. – Hospital’s right there. | -那边有警察 -那边还有医院呢 |
[23:26] | So what do you want to do, bruh? | 你想做什么 哥们 |
[23:29] | Anything. | 什么都行 |
[23:31] | – You decide. Whatever you want. – All right. | -你决定吧 听你的 -好吧 |
[23:34] | Wanna take a cab or subway? | 打车还是坐地铁 |
[23:39] | None of the “Abruhve.” | 两者都不要 |
[23:41] | One for me, one for you. | 你一顶 我一顶 |
[23:44] | – I don’t have a bike. – Oh, that’s not a problem, bruh. | -我没有自行车 -不是问题 哥们 |
[23:59] | Look at that! | 看那边 |
[24:01] | That’s SummerStage. Free concerts. | 那是夏日舞台 有免费音乐会 |
[24:18] | I got it back. | 我把住了 |
[24:18] | Oh, man, it feels like a hundred miles an hour. | 天 感觉时速得有一百英里了 |
[24:23] | It’s one of the best fucking feelings. | 这是最棒的感受之一 |
[24:25] | It’s really one of the best feelings. | 真的 |
[24:31] | – This is really nice, man. – Yeah. | -这感觉真的很棒 哥们 -是啊 |
[24:34] | 埃塞克斯酒店 | |
[24:36] | Come on, bruh. Bruh, bruh. | 来啊 哥们 |
[24:41] | No, bruh. The other way. | 不对 哥们 是另一边 |
[24:46] | Watch out. | 小心 |
[24:47] | Almost hit a pothole. | 差点骑到坑里去 |
[24:49] | And here we have members | 这里有来自 |
[24:50] | of every habitable continent in the world | 世界上所有宜居大陆的人们 |
[24:52] | taking photographs of Central Perk from the sitcom, Friends, | 到《六人行》里的中央公园景点来拍照 |
[24:56] | another living art installation in time, a complicated punchline | 另一处鲜活的艺术景点 一句复杂的经典台词 |
[25:00] | spun by this complicated comedian, New York City. | 也是由这部喜剧带火的 纽约城 |
[25:03] | One of the great recent landmarks to land in Greenwich Village, | 格林尼治村其中一处近期的地标景点 |
[25:06] | uh, the wonderful bondage birdhouse up and right. | 奇妙的束缚鸟舍 就在右边 |
[25:11] | Marie’s Crisis Cafe to your left, | 左边是玛丽危机酒馆 |
[25:13] | a bohemian restaurant | 一家波西米亚餐厅 |
[25:15] | with live piano music since 1929. | 始于1929年 有现场钢琴演奏 |
[25:17] | I cannot recommend the sing-a-long enough. | 我超级推荐这里的众人自娱歌唱会 |
[25:31] | So the sun’s that way. | 太阳在那边 |
[25:33] | – I guess I fucked it up. – Yeah. | -看来搞砸了 -是的 |
[25:36] | This is not a sunset, bruh. It’s all right. | 这里没有日落 不过没关系 |
[25:40] | It’s nice, it’s nice. | 这也很美 很棒 |
[25:55] | Aah, shit. | 该死 |
[25:58] | Sarah’s freaking out. I gotta go. | 莎拉抓狂了 我得走了 |
[26:00] | – Oh, no! – It’s all right, it’s all right. | -糟了 -没事的 没事 |
[26:03] | – Thanks, man. – If you need anything… | -谢了 哥们 -要是需要什么 |
[26:05] | No, I’m good. Do you want your helmet? | 不用 我挺好的 你的头盔 |
[26:06] | No, that’s your, bro. | 不用 送你了 哥们 |
[26:08] | – Good. – It folds pancake-flat. | -好的 -能摊煎饼 |
[26:10] | Put it in your suitcase. | 放在你的手提箱里 |
[26:12] | I’m gonna need it. Probably get hit by a car on the way home. | 我会用得上的 万一回家路上被车撞了呢 |
[26:14] | Shut up, dude. That’s not funny. | 别乱说 哥们 这不好笑 |
[26:17] | Bryan. | 布莱恩 |
[26:22] | Your family’s beautiful. | 你的家庭很美好 |
[26:26] | Thanks, man. | 谢了 哥们 |
[26:28] | You turned out pretty good too, man. | 你也过得挺不错 |
[26:30] | Maybe so. | 也许吧 |
[26:34] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:37] | Bruh. | 哥们 |
[26:39] | I love you, too, bruh. | 我也爱你 哥们 |
[26:42] | Thanks for the sunset. | 谢谢你带我看日落 |
[26:44] | – See ya, bruh. – Later, bruh. | -回见 哥们 -回见 |
[27:06] | 来自科林 哥们 能过来吗 | |
[27:22] | I suppose if I had an essential goal on the cruise right now, | 要是现在让我想一个猎艳的主要目的 |
[27:26] | it would be to exhibit the fact that I’m thrilled to be alive | 那就是展示出我很激动能活着 |
[27:31] | and to still be respected. | 而且还能受人敬仰 |
[27:33] | I suppose the soulful or the Buddhist out there might ask, | 我想那些佛教徒可能会问 |
[27:38] | “Why do you need respect from others? | 你为什么需要别人的敬仰 |
[27:40] | “The thrill to be alive, that’s your own business. | 那种活着的刺激 那是你自己的事 |
[27:42] | You can do that in your living room.” | 你可以在自己的房间里找刺激 |
[27:44] | But that’s not what the cruise is for me. | 但猎艳对我来说并非如此 |
[27:48] | The cruise is about the searching | 猎艳在于寻求 |
[27:50] | for everything worthwhile in existence. | 一切存在的有价值的事物 |
[27:54] | I mean, I will appreciate the beauty of a flower, | 我会欣赏花朵的美丽 |
[27:57] | and then likewise, I will stand exhibitionistic | 同时 我也会大胆暴露自己 |
[28:00] | and have the flower appreciate the beauty of me. | 并让花朵欣赏我的美丽 |
[28:04] | Well, that’s how I feel about cruising right now. | 这就是我现在对猎艳的感受 |
[28:06] | And I would say having a quote, unquote, | 我要做个引用 |
[28:09] | “Intimate love affair” with a flower | 跟花朵的”亲密爱情” |
[28:12] | is far more psychotic and riveting | 比跟一些平庸人类的”亲密爱情” |
[28:14] | than having an “Intimate love affair,” Quote, unquote, | 更疯狂 |
[28:17] | with some of the banal creatures of the human race. | 更引人入胜 |
[28:21] | Although, I’d be into that, too. | 不过我还是会喜欢跟人恋爱 |
[28:27] | Yeah, I don’t know… | 我也说不好 |
[28:33] | If you ask me… | 如果你问我… |