时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:06] | Come in. | 请进 |
[01:11] | You’re Walter? | 你是沃特吗 |
[01:12] | – Yeah. Hi. Heidi? – Yes. | -是的 海蒂 -是的 |
[01:15] | All right. | 好 |
[01:18] | That’s nice. | 这挺好的 |
[01:20] | That. | 这个啊 |
[01:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:23] | – You like fish? – Not especially. | -你喜欢鱼吗 -也不算 |
[01:25] | It was here when I got here. | 我到的时候就有了 |
[01:27] | I’ve decided it’s soothing. | 我觉得还挺放松的 |
[01:31] | I feel kind of soothed. | 我也这么感觉 |
[01:33] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[01:35] | Have a seat, please. We can get started. | 请坐 我们可以开始了 |
[01:37] | And if you don’t mind, I’d like to record just for my reference. | 如果你不介意的话 我想记录一下 |
[01:41] | – Oh, no, it’s fine. – Okay, great. | -不介意 -太好了 |
[01:43] | And… | 然后 |
[01:46] | This is new and it’s a bit bewildering. | 这是新的 有点不会用 |
[01:48] | I apologize. | 抱歉 |
[01:52] | There we are. | 好了 |
[01:53] | It’s April 10, 2018. | 今天是2018年4月10日 |
[01:56] | This is Heidi Bergman, | 我是海蒂·伯格曼 |
[01:57] | I’m with Homecoming client Walter Cruz. | 我和归途客户沃特·克鲁兹在一起 |
[01:59] | Week one, session one. | 第一周 第一期 |
[03:03] | Mrs. Trotter. | 特罗特太太 |
[03:05] | Hello? | 你好 |
[03:09] | Yeah. Drink some coffee. | 喝点咖啡 |
[03:16] | AJ, we talked about this. | AJ 我们说过这个 |
[03:19] | I just need you to help me with this one thing. | 只要你帮我做这一件事 |
[03:21] | I work here. We’re not scamming the people… | 我在这里工作 我们不是骗人的 |
[03:23] | It’s not a scam. What about this is a scam? | 这不是骗局 这是什么骗局 |
[03:24] | – Uh, everything. – Heidi. | -所有的一切 -海蒂 |
[03:26] | Heidi, random question. | 海蒂 问个问题 |
[03:28] | Would you want to know | 如果能把你的净值 |
[03:29] | if you could double or triple your net worth? | 变成两倍或三倍 你想听听吗 |
[03:31] | Does that sound like a scam? | 听起来像骗局吗 |
[03:32] | You can’t triple nothing, AJ. | 你什么都变不成三倍 AJ |
[03:35] | See? Get out of here. | 瞧 走吧 |
[03:37] | Do you know what you’d like? | 你想好点什么了吗 |
[03:42] | – No, I… – All right, well, | -不 我 -好吧 |
[03:43] | take your time. I’ll come back. | 不着急 我过会再来 |
[03:45] | No, I’m-I’m sorry, I’m-I’m not here to eat. | 抱歉 我不是来这吃东西的 |
[03:48] | Heidi? Is that your name? | 海蒂 是你的名字吗 |
[03:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[03:52] | H-Heidi Bergman. Correct? | 海蒂·伯格曼 对吗 |
[03:56] | Yeah. Do I know you? | 嗯 我认识你吗 |
[03:57] | I’m Thomas Carrasco with the DoD IG. | 我是DOD的IG托马斯·卡拉斯科 |
[04:00] | – The what? – The Department of Defense? | -什么 -国防部 |
[04:02] | Office of the Inspector General? | 监察局 |
[04:04] | Are you asking me? | 你在问我吗 |
[04:06] | No, sorry, it is– it’s-it’s a… | 不 抱歉 这是 |
[04:08] | And you’re Heidi Bergman. You were employed | 你是海蒂·伯格曼 |
[04:11] | at the Homecoming Transitional Support Center? | 你被归途过渡支持中心录用了 |
[04:15] | Yes. I mean, years ago. | 是的 几年前了 |
[04:17] | – How many? – How many what? | -多少 -啥多少 |
[04:19] | How many years ago did you work at Homecoming? | 你几年前在归途工作的 |
[04:21] | I-I don’t know, maybe four? | 我不知道 四年吧 |
[04:23] | What is this about? | 你要干吗 |
[04:24] | We received a complaint about that program, | 我们收到了那个项目的投诉 |
[04:26] | and you’re the listed admin, so… | 你是官方负责人 所以 |
[04:28] | – I’m… I don’t, um… – The soldiers, | -我 我不 -你在那 |
[04:30] | That you treated there, how… | 治疗的士兵 |
[04:33] | how-how were they… | 他们怎么 |
[04:34] | Why don’t you go outside, | 你在外面等我 |
[04:35] | and I will get a break and come talk to you? | 我休息时和你说 |
[04:38] | Sure. Right-right now? | 好啊 现在吗 |
[04:39] | – Yeah. I’ll just… – I’ll just meet you out there? | -是的 我就 -我在外面等你 |
[04:41] | Right outside the door. | 就在门外 |
[04:42] | – I’ll meet you out there right outside. – Yes. | -我在外面等你 -对 |
[04:43] | Right outside? Right outside. | 就在外面吗 就在外面 |
[04:50] | Okay, Walter Cruz, 26 years old, three tours. | 沃特·克鲁兹 26岁 三次驻派 |
[04:54] | – You got here when, Friday? – Yeah. Friday. | -你什么时候到的 周五 -是的 周五 |
[04:56] | Wonderful. So I am supposed to read you this welcome. | 很好 我要为你念一下欢迎信 |
[05:00] | And I warn you, it is very, very boring. | 提个醒 这非常无聊 |
[05:03] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[05:06] | Welcome, Walter Cruz, | 欢迎沃特·克鲁兹 |
[05:07] | to the Homecoming Transitional Support Center. | 来到归途过渡支持中心 |
[05:09] | First, allow me to thank you, on behalf of the president | 首先 请允许我代表总统和国家 |
[05:12] | and a grateful nation for your valuable service. | 感谢你的宝贵服役 |
[05:14] | We thank you for keeping us safe. | 谢谢你保家卫国 |
[05:17] | It’s cheesy, I know. | 我知道这很俗气 |
[05:19] | No. No, it’s fine. | 不 不 没事 |
[05:21] | My name is Heidi Bergman, and I am your case worker | 我叫海蒂·伯格曼 |
[05:23] | for this reintegration process. | 是帮助你重新融入社会的社工 |
[05:25] | Our facility is a safe space for you to process | 我们这里很安全 |
[05:28] | your military experience and refamiliarize yourself | 可以让你消化你在军队的生活 |
[05:31] | with civilian life in a monitored environment. | 并在监控的环境下适应普通人的生活 |
[05:33] | Which just means getting you situated now that you’re back. | 也就是说 帮你习惯回归的生活 |
[05:37] | Career-wise, health-wise. | 事业方面 健康方面 |
[05:38] | Basically, I work for you. | 简单来说 我为你干活 |
[05:43] | All right, so the only– | 那么 唯一的 |
[05:44] | I don’t want to say “mandatory”– but… | 虽然我不想用”强制”这个词 但是 |
[05:46] | – But mandatory – Yeah, I guess. | -但是强制的 -对 |
[05:50] | The only mandatory elements | 唯一强制性的活动 |
[05:51] | are the group meals in the cafeteria, | 是在餐厅的聚餐 |
[05:54] | the workshops which you’ll hear about, | 还有你将了解的研讨会 |
[05:55] | and, um, these meetings with me, | 以及和我的晤谈 |
[05:57] | which hopefully won’t be too painful. | 希望不会太痛苦 |
[05:58] | Well, that sounds great. | 听起来很不错 |
[06:00] | I-I want to be in compliance with all this. | 我愿意服从所有的这些 |
[06:03] | Compliance. | 服从 |
[06:04] | No, I, I mean, I know why I’m here. | 我知道我来这里的原因 |
[06:06] | You know, other guys, they came home and they got really amped | 有些人回家后非常激动 |
[06:09] | and just dove right into everything and then… | 立即投身一切 但是 |
[06:12] | and they had problems. | 但是他们出现了问题 |
[06:14] | And I don’t want to end up like them, but… I’m eager. | 我不想像他们一样 可我非常想要 |
[06:17] | Eager for what? | 想要什么 |
[06:19] | Just, like, a life? | 生活吧 |
[06:25] | Busy, clean life. | 简单忙碌的生活 |
[06:27] | I don’t want to pollute things here with my problems, | 不想把事情搞得一团糟 就因为我的问题 |
[06:31] | my stress, or whatever, so I just… | 我的压力 或是别的 所以 |
[06:34] | I want to put it all behind me. | 所以我想把这些都放下 |
[06:38] | I see. | 明白了 |
[06:42] | And you acknowledge that your participation | 你知道参与 |
[06:44] | in the Homecoming initiative is voluntary and uncoerced? | 归途计划是自愿而非强制的吗 |
[06:48] | I just need you to verbally acknowledge that. | 我需要你口头确认一下 |
[06:51] | Oh, yeah. Yes. I do. | 是的 我知道 |
[07:00] | This is Heidi Bergman for Walter Cruz. | 我是海蒂·伯格曼 是沃特·克鲁兹的社工 |
[07:02] | I see no obstacles | 我认为可以 |
[07:04] | to approving Cruz for subgroup placement and starting him on… | 批准克鲁兹进入小组并且开始他在 |
[07:11] | – Hi, Colin. – Yeah, H-Heidi? | -科林 -海蒂 |
[07:13] | Connection’s really shoddy. | 信号太差了 |
[07:14] | – You-you there? – I-I’m here. Can you hear me? | -听得到吗 -嗯 你能听到我吗 |
[07:16] | Yeah. Yeah. I-I barely got you. | 能 能听到一点 |
[07:20] | Can I, can I help you with something? | 有什么事情吗 |
[07:23] | Fuck. What was I gonna ask? | 靠 我想问什么来着 |
[07:25] | Nope, it’s totally gone now. | 想不起来了 |
[07:26] | – I– what was I gonna… – Oh, shit. | -我原本想要 -糟糕 |
[07:28] | Well, anyway, I’m at the new laboratory. | 总之我在一个新实验室 |
[07:30] | How does it look over there? | 那里怎么样 |
[07:33] | Everything’s up and running. | 都在运作了 |
[07:34] | You’re gonna have a totally consistent supply now. | 你有持续的供给了 |
[07:36] | – That’s great. – You can just focus | -不错 -你可以专心 |
[07:38] | – on working with the guys. – And it’s the same medication? | -治疗他们了 -还是一样的药吗 |
[07:40] | – There’s no change in… – Yeah– oh-oh, Heidi, | -没什么差别 -对 海蒂 |
[07:41] | let’s not throw that word around the facility, okay? | 别在那里说这个词 |
[07:43] | Now that the guys have moved in, | 那些人已经搬进来了 |
[07:45] | we should be, you know, discreet. | 我们得慎重一点 |
[07:48] | Right. Okay. | 好的 |
[07:48] | – Hey, how’s it all going there? – Well… | -你最近怎么样啊 -那个 |
[07:50] | Yeah, I know, an office building | 我知道办公楼 |
[07:51] | isn’t the ideal clinical environment. | 并非合适的临床环境 |
[07:53] | Oh, no, it’s-it’s fine. | 其实还好 |
[07:54] | The staff has really been helpful, | 工作人员帮了很多忙 |
[07:56] | and we’ve got all the office stuff out of the way. | 也把办公用品都挪开了 |
[07:58] | A-And the decor, Heidi, the vibe? | 那装潢呢 海蒂 格调呢 |
[08:00] | I told them we want hip but masculine. | 告诉过他们 我们想要时髦且阳刚的 |
[08:02] | – Right. – How’s that looking? | -嗯 -看起来怎么样 |
[08:04] | It looks good. Yeah, the decorator did a great job. | 很好 装潢师弄得很好 |
[08:07] | Okay, perfect. | 太好了 |
[08:08] | You know, we’re gonna be in a more legitimate setting | 得到一些数据后 |
[08:10] | as soon as we have some results. | 我们要进行更合理的设置 |
[08:11] | Right. Well, actually, the guys don’t seem to mind, | 其实这些人好像不怎么关心 |
[08:14] | – and, uh… – Okay, but you understand the urgency here, right? | -而且 -好 但你知道时间很紧吧 |
[08:16] | We need the data. That’s the key. | 我们需要数据 这是重点 |
[08:18] | – Of course. – I’ve got that presentation at the DoD in six weeks. | -嗯 -我六周后要去国防部演讲 |
[08:21] | We need to have everything squared away by then. | 我们需要在那之前把所有东西都准备好 |
[08:23] | – Understood? – Understood. | -知道了吗 -知道 |
[08:24] | Okay, so how soon do you think you might have that for me? | 所以你觉得需要多长时间准备 |
[08:27] | – Have what? – The data, Heidi. | -准备什么 -数据啊 海蒂 |
[08:30] | Y-Y-You’re pushing on that, right? | 你在跟进吧 |
[08:31] | Absolutely, yeah, and I think we’re seeing… | 当然 我们正在 |
[08:33] | ‘Cause we need to be surgically precise in this. | 我们对此要极其精确 |
[08:35] | – Everything these guys remember… – Yes, of course. | -这些人所有的记忆 -当然 |
[08:37] | We have to get really granular with all that shit. | 我们得特别细分 |
[08:39] | Okay. Absolutely. | 当然 |
[08:40] | I just… if you can just give me one sec, um, | 你能稍等一下吗 |
[08:44] | I just had a session, actually, with a Walter Cruz. | 我刚和沃特·克鲁兹聊完 |
[08:47] | He is a great candidate, really, really eager to be here. | 他是个很好的候选人 非常想来这里 |
[08:49] | No, Heidi, Heidi, Heidi, I-I don’t have a lot of time. | 海蒂 我没多少时间 |
[08:51] | I got to be at the airport in, like, 32 minutes. | 我要在32分钟后到机场 |
[08:54] | I-I-I’ll be quick. I was just thinking, | 马上就好 我刚在想 |
[08:55] | in terms of being granular, as you said, and deliberate, | 你说要细分嘛 我思考了一下 |
[08:59] | that perhaps we could take a more holistic approach | 或许我们可以用一种更整体的方式 |
[09:01] | to the initial stages of the treatment. | 来针对初期治疗 |
[09:04] | – Holistic? – Well, I feel like we’re just kind of | -整体的 -我觉得我们 |
[09:07] | throwing them into the process | 好像直接把他们丢进项目里 |
[09:08] | without developing much of a relationship. | 却没有培养感情 |
[09:09] | – Yeah, okay, Heidi, I’m gonna stop you there. – Okay. | -好 海蒂 别说了 -嗯 |
[09:13] | Okay, what we’re seeking here, Heidi, is information, | 海蒂 我们要的是信息 |
[09:15] | not relationships, not rapport, | 不是感情 关系 |
[09:18] | whatever these men are holding onto, | 或是这些人紧抓不放东西 |
[09:19] | that’s exactly what we need to know. | 这才是我们需要的 |
[09:21] | No, I get that. I just, in terms of… | 我知道 只是 |
[09:24] | Okay, well, based on what you just said, you don’t, | 根据你刚才的话 你并不知道 |
[09:26] | so I need you to 180 on this, okay? | 你得换个思路 好吗 |
[09:31] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[09:32] | I just was thinking of in terms of… | 我只是觉得在 |
[09:33] | Heidi, if I go into the DoD and I say things like “holistic”, | 海蒂 要是我在国防部说到”整体” |
[09:36] | you know what they’re gonna… | 你知道他们会 |
[09:37] | No, I don’t even know what they would do. | 不 我都不知道他们会怎样 |
[09:39] | We need real proof of concept here, | 我们得有理有据 |
[09:41] | just a house of data to drop on the appropriations people | 在适合的人身上得到的一堆数据就够了 |
[09:44] | so they shut their mouths, stop prevaricating, | 这样他们能闭嘴 也不踢皮球 |
[09:46] | and open up the approval process. | 开始进行审批流程 |
[09:48] | – That’s our goal. Understood? – Understood. Yeah. | -这才是我们的目标 明白吗 -明白 |
[09:48] | 归途 盖斯特集团 | |
[09:51] | You’re a rock star, Heidi. I’m serious. | 海蒂 你很厉害 真的 |
[09:53] | It’s all great work. | 你做得很棒 |
[09:54] | I just need that aggressive, constant focus from you | 我希望你可以激进 保持专注 |
[09:57] | and we’re gonna be fine. Okay? | 就没问题了 好吗 |
[09:59] | Okay. You got it. Thanks, Colin. | 明白了 谢谢 科林 |
[10:01] | Okay, I’m running to the airport. | 我要赶去机场了 |
[10:02] | This flight’s like 22 hours long. | 要坐22小时的飞机 |
[10:04] | All right. Have a good trip. | 旅途愉快 |
[10:05] | Guys, what the hell is all this? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[10:07] | We, we can’t have crap all over the floor. | 不能满地堆垃圾啊 |
[10:08] | If that’s everything, Colin, | 就这些吧 科林 |
[10:10] | I’m just, I’m running a little late getting home. | 我回家有点晚了 |
[10:11] | This stuff is going to America, all right? | 这东西要去美国的 好吗 |
[10:14] | You know, USA? Yeah, so it’s got to be clean. | 美国懂吗 所以必须得干净 |
[10:16] | Colin, are you talking to me? | 科林 你是在跟我说话吗 |
[10:17] | This– it’s got to be a sterile facility, okay? | 这设施必须得无菌 好吗 |
[10:19] | Sterile, clean? How– how the hell do you say “sterile…” | 无菌 干净 你们怎么说无菌 |
[10:22] | Okay. I’m-I’m gonna let you go and… | 好吧 我先挂了 |
[10:24] | W-Wait, Heidi, wait! | 等下 海蒂 等下 |
[10:26] | – I remember what I was gonna ask. – Oh, great. | -我想起来要问什么了 -太好了 |
[10:28] | Did we run the background check on the busboys? | 我们对餐馆工进行背景调查了吗 |
[10:31] | Background check the what? | 什么背景调查 |
[10:35] | The busboys. | 餐馆工 |
[10:36] | Did we background check the busboys? | 我们对餐馆工进行背景调查了吗 |
[10:38] | Whoever we’ve got working in the cafeteria. | 所有给我们餐厅打工的人 |
[10:42] | – I-I didn’t realize that was part of my job. – What? | -我不知道我还负责这个 -什么 |
[10:45] | Well, of course it’s part of… Okay. | 当然是你的 好吧 |
[10:48] | Listen, Heidi, we need to be extremely thorough | 海蒂 我们食品服务 |
[10:51] | with the food service. | 要面面俱到 |
[10:53] | Now, you are my point person there, right? | 你是我在那边的专员 对吧 |
[10:55] | – Yes, absolutely. – Great. | -嗯 当然 -很好 |
[10:59] | So I need you to get into that tonight. | 你今晚就着手工作 |
[11:02] | Okay? Busboys, caterers, whatever. | 好吗 餐饮工 宴会承办人之类的 |
[11:05] | Background checks, full workup, okay? | 背景调查 全身体检 好吗 |
[11:07] | We got to be, we got to be seamless about all this. | 这一切必须是全程无缝 |
[11:10] | Understood? | 懂吗 |
[11:11] | Okay. I’m on it right away. | 好 马上就做 |
[11:13] | Okay, good. Got to go. | 好的 很好 要走了 |
[11:14] | Hey, Heidi. You are killing it. Fist bump. | 海蒂 你没问题的 碰拳 |
[12:04] | In here. | 在这 |
[12:06] | Something smells good. | 闻着很香啊 |
[12:08] | – It’s cacio e pepe. – Oh, nice. | -黑胡椒起司意大利面 -真好 |
[12:10] | All right, I just have a little work to finish upstairs. | 我还有点工作先上楼处理 |
[12:12] | I’ll be back. | 一会儿回来 |
[12:33] | This is, um, good. Thank you. | 真好吃 谢谢 |
[12:35] | – It’s a little cold now, but… – I’m sorry. | -有点凉了 不过 -不好意思 |
[12:38] | I was upstairs much longer than I expected. | 我没想到在楼上耽搁那么久 |
[12:40] | I just needed to check some things for Colin. | 我得替科林调查些事情 |
[12:41] | – He’s a micromanager, huh? – No, he’s not a… | -他啥都管 -没有 他不是… |
[12:45] | Colin’s a busy guy. We have a lot of things to get through. | 科林很忙 我们有很多事要处理 |
[12:51] | Okay. Well, you’re here now. | 好吧 不过你现在来了 |
[13:00] | What did you get up to today? | 你今天都干什么了 |
[13:04] | Well, I ended up taking an amazing walk, actually. | 我出去散了一圈步 |
[13:08] | Out to that little airfield. | 去那个小机场了 |
[13:11] | The one past the highway? That’s like five miles away. | 过高速公路的那个 那得五英里远吧 |
[13:13] | – Is it? – Yeah. | -有吗 -嗯 |
[13:15] | – You walked there? – Yeah. Guess I did. | -你走到那了 -是的 |
[13:19] | Anyway, there was this jet out on the runway, | 总之跑道上有架喷气式飞机 |
[13:22] | and the pilot, and he’s leaning up against the plane, | 有位飞行员靠在飞机上 |
[13:24] | and he’s got his paper and a coffee and I thought, | 他举着份报纸和一杯咖啡 我就想 |
[13:26] | “Wow. I wonder if I could do that.” | 是否我也能这样 |
[13:29] | What? | 什么 |
[13:31] | Live like that. Fly all over. Come back here. | 像那样生活 到处飞 然后回到这里 |
[13:35] | It’s beautiful here. | 这里很美好 |
[13:44] | – So we started chatting… – Who? | -然后我们就闲聊 -和谁 |
[13:47] | – Well, the… – You and the pilot? | -就是 -你和飞行员 |
[13:48] | Yeah, and he said there’s a flight school. | 对 他说这有家飞行学校 |
[13:49] | – It’s not too far from here. – Anthony. | -离这里不远 -安东尼 |
[13:52] | I really appreciate you coming down here | 我真的很感谢你来这里 |
[13:53] | to help me with the move, I do. | 帮我搬家 真的 |
[13:54] | Wait, wait. Before we start talking like this… | 稍等 我们先不要像这样说话 |
[13:56] | You’ve got your entire life to get back to. | 你有自己的生活 |
[13:58] | – Do I? Really? – Yes, and your job. | -有吗 真的 -对 你还有工作 |
[14:00] | At Keebler? I hate that job. | 奇宝的工作 我不喜欢 |
[14:02] | – Okay, um… – Wait, Heidi. | -好吧 -等下 海蒂 |
[14:05] | – We’ve been together almost a year now. – A year? | -我们在一起差不多一年了 -一年了 |
[14:07] | Well, yeah, we started texting in August, so that’s like… | 对啊 我们八月份开始发信息 所以 |
[14:10] | Right. Okay. | 对 好吧 |
[14:11] | Yeah, like ten months? But I… | 有十个月了 不过我 |
[14:13] | and I know you always said you wanted to keep things simple. | 你总说凡事简单点 |
[14:15] | – I did. I do. – I get it. | -是的 -我知道 |
[14:17] | But the truth is you inspire me. | 但你激励了我 |
[14:19] | After all those false starts, | 经历了一开始的挫折 |
[14:20] | you got out of that town and found a calling. | 你离开了那里 响应了召唤 |
[14:24] | You’re helping those guys and it’s finally happening for you. | 你帮助那些人 也终于得到帮助了 |
[14:27] | – I inspire you? Do… – I’m sorry? | -我激励了你 是… -什么 |
[14:30] | What do I inspire you to do? | 我能激励你干什么 |
[14:33] | Well, just… just make a fresh start. | 重新开始 |
[14:37] | You know. | 你懂的 |
[14:39] | Leave the past behind like you’re doing, but together. | 像你一样告别过去 但是我们一起 |
[15:02] | So, you’ve been in a leadership position before? | 你之前当过领导 |
[15:05] | – That’s right. Yeah. – Good. That’s good. | -是的 -很好 |
[15:08] | And you don’t mind working nights? | 你介意上夜班吗 |
[15:09] | – Nights? No, I could do that. – Okay. | -夜班 不介意 -好的 |
[15:12] | Now, you don’t seem to have much experience in this field. | 你似乎比较缺乏行业经验 |
[15:15] | Is that right? | 是吧 |
[15:16] | That is true, but I’m a really fast learner. | 确实如此 不过我学得很快 |
[15:19] | Okay. I like hearing that. | 很好 我喜欢听 |
[15:21] | All right. Well, that should do it. | 好的 应该差不多了 |
[15:22] | Thank you so much for coming in. | 非常感谢你前来 |
[15:23] | – We’ll, uh, let you know soon. – Thank you. | -我们会尽快通知你的 -谢谢 |
[15:25] | That was great. That was really, really great. | 很棒 真的很不错 |
[15:28] | That was wonderful. I really like the part | 相当出色 我真的很喜欢 |
[15:29] | where you ask me about my experience | 你问起我在商店的从业经验 |
[15:31] | working at the store because an interview, | 因为在面试中 |
[15:32] | it’s a conversation, essentially, right? | 精髓就是交谈 对吧 |
[15:34] | It’s a two-way street. | 是双向的 |
[15:35] | So that was really, really nice. Thanks a lot. | 所以真的很不错 非常感谢 |
[15:39] | – Good job. – Good job, dude. | -干得好 -干得好 哥们 |
[15:41] | – Appreciate it, bro. – Yeah, you fucking nailed it. | -谢谢 哥们 -牛逼啊 |
[15:43] | In a couple years, think you’ll be assistant manager. | 用不了几年 你就能当助理经理 |
[15:46] | And a couple years after that… | 再过几年 |
[15:47] | Assistant regional manager. | 区域助理经理 |
[15:49] | Let’s see here. Okay, how about Rainey? | 来看看 雷尼吧 |
[16:00] | – All right. You’re week four, is that right? – Yeah. | -你第四周了 对吗 -是的 |
[16:02] | Okay. So a month from now, you could be doing this for real. | 再过一个月 你可能就要实战了 |
[16:06] | Working at a shoe store? | 我在鞋店工作啊 |
[16:08] | Whatever you choose to do, this could be good practice. | 无论你做什么 这都是很好的练习 |
[16:10] | Okay? All right, so let’s start. | 好吗 我们开始吧 |
[16:12] | Great. Welcome. | 很好 欢迎 |
[16:15] | This is my shoe store. I own it. | 这是我的鞋店 我是老板 |
[16:20] | All this? | 全部吗 |
[16:22] | Could I take a look at your résumé? | 我可以看一下你的简历吗 |
[16:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:25] | Okay. I see here that you served in the military. | 这里写着你当过兵 |
[16:28] | – Yeah, I do. – That’s great. We love that. | -是的 -太好了 我们很欣赏 |
[16:30] | So, what is something you learned in the military | 你当兵时学到了什么 |
[16:34] | that you could apply to your work here at the shoe store? | 可以应用到鞋店的工作里 |
[16:37] | Not too much, honestly. | 老实说 没有太多 |
[16:39] | Okay, but just give it a try. Okay? | 好吧 不过试一试 好吗 |
[16:43] | It was a fucking desert. There weren’t too many shoe stores. | 那里是沙漠 没什么鞋店 |
[16:47] | Okay, right, but I remember last week | 好吧 但是我记得上周 |
[16:48] | you were talking about, um, communication | 你谈到了队员间的交流 |
[16:51] | between team members and how important that is for you guys. | 以及对你们来说是多么的重要 |
[16:54] | – Right? – I was? | -对吗 -是吗 |
[16:57] | Rainey, just humor me a little. Okay? Please. | 雷尼 有点幽默感 好吗 拜托 |
[17:01] | I don’t know. Shoes. | 我不知道 鞋 |
[17:06] | you got to find the right size or you could get infected. | 你必须找到合适的尺码 否则会被感染 |
[17:09] | Okay. No, no, that’s good, that’s good, | 别笑 这很好 很好 |
[17:10] | there’s something there. | 有点东西 |
[17:11] | Could you tell me more about that? | 能再说说吗 |
[17:14] | I just, I had this one pair of boots that was too small for me, | 我有一双靴子太小了 |
[17:17] | and I was lazy or stubborn or whatever… | 我很懒或者固执之类的吧 |
[17:19] | Oh, lazy and stubborn? You’re the full package, huh? | 又懒又固执 全包 对吧 |
[17:22] | – What the fuck you just say? – Don’t worry about that. | -你他妈的说什么 -别理他 |
[17:24] | Hey, shut that out. Don’t worry about it. | 别说了 行了 |
[17:25] | Let’s just keep it right here, | 继续这个话题 |
[17:26] | let’s stay in the shoe store. Rainey. | 我们在鞋店 雷尼 |
[17:29] | Rainey. All right? | 雷尼 好吗 |
[17:30] | Now, what were you saying? Talking about infection, right? | 你说了什么 感染 对吧 |
[17:36] | Yeah, just that I kept wearing them, and over time, | 我一直穿着 随着时间的推移 |
[17:41] | I skinned the front of my big toe off, | 我大脚趾上的皮被磨掉了 |
[17:43] | and then there was fungus and it got infected, | 然后有真菌 就被感染了 |
[17:46] | and by the time I had someone look at it, they were like, | 我去看医生的时候 他们说 |
[17:48] | “What the fuck is wrong with you? You almost lost your toe.” | 你怎么回事 你脚趾差点没了 |
[17:50] | So, yeah, shoes. | 嗯 鞋子 |
[17:56] | Okay, that was interesting. | 很有趣 |
[17:58] | Yeah, personal anecdote, | 个人轶事 |
[17:59] | is always– you know, I feel like in a, | 我感觉 |
[18:02] | in an environment like this, however… | 在这样的环境中 |
[18:02] | I get what we’re trying to do here. It’s unnecessary. | 我明白这么做的目的 没必要 |
[18:05] | – What’s not necessary? – This is. I have a job. | -什么没必要 -这个啊 我有工作 |
[18:07] | You have a job? | 你有工作 |
[18:09] | Rainey, we’re talking about what’s next for you. | 雷尼 我们在讨论你的下一步 |
[18:11] | – Your next chapter. – My next chapter? | -下一章 -我的下一章 |
[18:12] | My whole fucking book is over there. All right, Craig? | 我整本书都在那了 克雷格 |
[18:15] | Look, this is just an exercise to help you acclimate… | 这只是帮助你适应环境的练习 |
[18:17] | I understand what it is, and it’s ridiculous. | 我知道 我觉得这太可笑了 |
[18:18] | What’s ridiculous? | 什么可笑 |
[18:19] | – This, bro. You… – Chill, Rainey. | -这个 你 -放松 雷尼 |
[18:25] | Okay. Relax. | 放松 |
[18:29] | Fuck. | 操 |
[18:31] | Let’s take a breath. | 休息一会吧 |
[18:33] | And then my buddy Shrier pulled me off. | 然后我哥们希瑞尔把我拉开了 |
[18:35] | Okay, then what happened? | 然后呢 |
[18:37] | Then nothing. Counselor sent us back to our rooms | 没了 治疗师把我们送回房间 |
[18:39] | and then they told me to come here. | 然后叫我到这里来 |
[18:41] | How do you feel about that? | 你对此有何感想 |
[18:42] | About what? | 对什么 |
[18:43] | About what just happened. | 对发生的事 |
[18:45] | I guess embarrassed. | 很尴尬吧 |
[18:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:49] | Well, because I lost control of myself. | 因为我失控了 |
[18:51] | – But he hit you. – No, he didn’t. | -但是他打了你 -不 他没有 |
[18:53] | No, he did. Says right here, uh, | 不 他打了 这里写着 |
[18:57] | “Cruz confronted Rainey, who struck Cruz…” | 克鲁兹跟雷尼对峙 雷尼打了克鲁兹 |
[18:59] | Yeah, I know, but… | 我知道 但是 |
[19:00] | it just doesn’t feel like me, to react like that. | 我不该做出那样的反应 |
[19:04] | And that worries you. | 这让你很担心 |
[19:05] | Yeah, it does. | 是的 |
[19:07] | I mean, you know, Rainey’s obviously dealing | 雷尼显然是在自我调整 |
[19:10] | with his own shit, and so it came out sideways. | 所以会态度不好吧 |
[19:12] | Happens to us all sometimes, me included. | 我们都会遇到 包括我在内 |
[19:14] | How does it happen to you? | 你会怎么样 |
[19:17] | Different ways. | 不同的方式吧 |
[19:18] | Give me an example? | 举个例子吧 |
[19:21] | Uh, it’s mostly like, uh, I’ll get these flashes– | 大多数情况下 我会有闪现 |
[19:25] | things I could do to myself, it’s… | 可以对自己做的事情 |
[19:27] | it’s just tension. | 不安吧 |
[19:28] | For sure. | 当然 |
[19:32] | Okay, here’s an example. | 举个例子 |
[19:34] | I-I wouldn’t really do this, but… | 我不会真的这么做 但是 |
[19:38] | there’s this desk in my room. | 我房间里有张桌子 |
[19:42] | It’s wooden and it’s got these sharp corners and | 木制的 桌角很尖 |
[19:47] | when I first got here, | 我第一次来到这里的时候 |
[19:48] | I don’t know why, I just imagined myself sitting down in a chair | 我不知道为什么 会想象自己坐在椅子上 |
[19:51] | and leaning all the way back | 使劲向后仰 |
[19:53] | and, like, slamming my forehead into the corner of the table. | 然后用额头撞桌角 |
[19:56] | Just like jamming it into right here. | 让把它插进脑子里 |
[20:02] | But I mean, that was an extreme, it… | 这很极端 |
[20:06] | it doesn’t always happen like that. | 并不总是这样 |
[20:08] | How often would you say? | 多久会有一次 |
[20:14] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:16] | There’s this bird. | 这有只鸟 |
[20:19] | He’ll stop in a second. | 他过会儿就停了 |
[20:20] | – That’s incredible. – No, that’s driving me crazy. | -难以置信 -不 快把我逼疯了 |
[20:23] | He’s some kind of protected species, | 他是保护物种 |
[20:25] | and we’re not allowed to touch him. | 我们不允许碰他 |
[20:27] | Well, I could take care of him for you if you want. | 如果你愿意 我可以帮你搞定 |
[20:29] | – Would you? – No problem. | -你愿意吗 -没问题 |
[20:31] | Dead of night, full camo. | 夜深人静 满面迷彩 |
[20:32] | He’d wake up in the Everglades, everybody wins. | 他在沼泽地里醒来 大家都好 |
[20:34] | I’d love that. Honestly, I would be forever in your debt. | 好啊 真的 那我永远欠你个人情 |
[20:41] | See? | 瞧 |
[20:43] | Gone. | 没了 |
[20:45] | Did it with my mind. | 我用意念操控的 |
[20:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:54] | What about sleeping? Are you having any trouble with that? | 睡眠怎么样 有问题吗 |
[20:59] | Yeah, a little. | 有点 |
[21:01] | Nightmares, things like that. | 噩梦之类的 |
[21:02] | That’s very normal. | 这很正常 |
[21:04] | We could see if one of the guys | 我们可以看看有没有人 |
[21:05] | wants a roommate for a few nights. | 想找个室友睡几晚的 |
[21:07] | – What do you mean? – Well, some of the guys, | -什么意思 -有些家伙 |
[21:08] | when they first get here, and they have a room | 第一次来到这里 一个人一个房间 |
[21:10] | all to themselves, they’re separate from their unit, | 跟他们的部队分开了 |
[21:12] | it’s just a little too quiet, you know? | 有点太安静了 |
[21:14] | So we could ask around. | 我们可以问问 |
[21:16] | Okay. Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[21:19] | Maybe Shrier. | 也许是希瑞尔 |
[21:20] | Yeah, I’d be okay with that. | 好啊 我不介意 |
[21:22] | That’s allowed? | 可以吗 |
[21:24] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:25] | We’re here to help you make this transition. | 我们是来帮助你过渡的 |
[21:27] | Whatever supports that, that’s what we’re gonna do. | 只要有帮助 我们就会去做 |
[21:36] | Got two minutes. | 给你两分钟 |
[21:38] | I appreciate your cooperation… | 感谢你的合作 |
[21:39] | Back away from the door a little bit. | 离门稍微远一点 |
[21:40] | – Sure. – Thanks. | -好 -谢谢 |
[21:45] | – So? – Yeah, so… | -所以呢 -嗯 |
[21:48] | You-you did work at Homecoming, at the Tampa facility? | 你在归途时 是在坦帕上班吧 |
[21:52] | Yeah. Years ago. I-I said that. | 是啊 几年前了 我说了 |
[21:54] | What-what’s this about? | 怎么了 |
[21:55] | Well, my department, we field and review complaints, | 我的部门处理和审核投诉 |
[21:58] | and I’m currently following up on certain allegations… | 我目前正在跟进某些指控 |
[22:00] | About me? | 对我的 |
[22:03] | No. | 不 |
[22:04] | Okay, so then… | 好吧 那 |
[22:05] | But you were an administrator there. Correct? | 但你是那的负责人 对吗 |
[22:07] | I was a counselor. | 我是一名治疗师 |
[22:11] | A counselor. All right. | 治疗师 好 |
[22:13] | And why did you leave that job? | 你为什么不干了 |
[22:17] | I quit. | 我辞职了 |
[22:19] | – Why? – My mother got hurt | -为什么 -我妈受伤了 |
[22:21] | and I had to come home and take care of her. | 我必须回家照顾她 |
[22:23] | So you quit the job in Tampa ’cause your mom got hurt | 你妈受伤了 所以你辞去了坦帕的工作 |
[22:26] | and now you work here at this restaurant? | 在这家餐厅工作 |
[22:27] | Well, I, you know, it’s-it’s what I could get. | 这也是没有办法的办法了 |
[22:30] | But I had to come back home and… | 但我必须回家 |
[22:31] | – ‘Cause your mom got hurt. – Yes. | -因为你妈受伤了 -是的 |
[22:34] | And is your current employer, are they aware… | 你现在的老板知道 |
[22:35] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这有什么关系吗 |
[22:37] | I’m just… You didn’t want to talk inside. | 因为你不想在里面说 |
[22:41] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[22:42] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 -嗯 |
[22:43] | – Yeah. – Really? | -嗯 -真的吗 |
[22:44] | Yeah. I’ll be back in just a second. | 嗯 我一会儿就回去 |
[22:47] | – Okay. – Thanks. | -好 -谢谢 |
[22:49] | It’s a little embarrassing, okay? | 有点尴尬 好吗 |
[22:51] | I had this whole career, and then I had to come back, | 我本来事业有成 现在不得不回来 |
[22:53] | and now I do this. All right? | 在这打工 好吗 |
[22:55] | What were your duties there? | 你在那里的职责是什么 |
[22:57] | I was a counselor. I told you. | 我说了 我是治疗师 |
[22:59] | And what did that involve? | 涉及什么 |
[23:02] | I worked with soldiers, their mental health. | 帮士兵调整心态 |
[23:04] | Honestly, I don’t remember much about it. Okay? | 老实说 我不怎么记得了 好吗 |
[23:06] | I was… it wasn’t a good fit for me. | 我不太适合那份工作 |
[23:09] | Are we done? | 行了吗 |
[23:11] | Ms. Bergman, I’m simply trying to get | 伯格曼女士 我只是想 |
[23:13] | some basic information about the program. | 简单了解一下这个项目 |
[23:15] | It’s not my intention to agitate. | 我没想着刺激你 |
[23:17] | I am not agitated. | 我没受刺激 |
[23:22] | C-Can you tell me if your clients were there | 能告诉我 你的客户 |
[23:24] | on a voluntary basis, or…? | 是自愿的吗 还是 |
[23:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:28] | You don’t know? | 你不知道 |
[23:31] | Do you have a badge? | 你有警徽吗 |
[23:33] | Do you have some kind of identification? | 有身份证明吗 |
[23:38] | I have a business card. | 我有名片 |
[23:44] | As I explained, we received a complaint. | 正如我解释的 我们收到了投诉 |
[23:46] | This was four years ago, during your time there. | 是四年前 你在那里的时候 |
[23:50] | Specifically, that one… | 具体来说 有个 |
[23:55] | “One of the soldiers, he wants to leave, | 有个士兵想离开 |
[23:57] | h-he wants to go home, but they won’t let him.” | 他想回家 但他们不允许 |
[24:01] | My question is, were the men there voluntarily? | 我想问 那里的人是自愿的吗 |
[24:05] | I answered your question. I really need to go back inside. | 我回答过了 我真的要回去了 |
[24:07] | Is there a reason why you’re refusing… | 你为什么要拒绝 |
[24:09] | I’m not refusing. | 我没有拒绝 |
[24:11] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[24:14] | You don’t remember anything about your work? | 你的工作都不记得了 |
[24:16] | I already told you. | 我告诉你了 |
[24:21] | What about the name Walter Cruz? | 沃特·克鲁兹这个名字呢 |
[24:26] | Do you remember him? | 你还记得他吗 |
[24:30] | No. | 不记得 |