时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:37] | That’s a great question. | 这是个好问题 |
[03:38] | What is the difference between assertive and aggressive? | 独断和好斗的区别是什么 |
[03:41] | It can be a fine line. | 它们的界限很模糊 |
[03:45] | – Walter. Hi. – Look, I need to talk to you about something. | -沃特 -我得跟你说件事 |
[03:48] | – Okay. – No. | -好的 -不 |
[03:49] | You don’t… You don’t need to do that. | 你不必录音 |
[03:51] | This isn’t a session. | 这不是谈话 |
[03:53] | What do you need? | 你想说什么 |
[03:54] | I explained to you what happened with Shrier was mostly my fault. | 我解释过 希瑞尔的事大部分都是我的错 |
[03:57] | I took the van, I drove us out there. | 我找了辆货车开走的 |
[04:00] | You did, yes. | 是的 没错 |
[04:01] | So, what, you didn’t believe me? | 你不相信我吗 |
[04:02] | I believe that you care about your friend, | 我相信你很在意你的朋友 |
[04:04] | and I understand that. | 我能理解 |
[04:05] | So where is he? Where did they take him? | 那他在哪儿 他们把他带到哪里了 |
[04:07] | Nobody took him anywhere. He’s back with his family. | 没人把他带走 他回家了 |
[04:09] | You don’t have to do that, okay? You can tell me the truth. | 你不必骗我 你可以告诉我事实 |
[04:11] | That is the truth. Shrier needed more help than we can give him here, | 这就是事实 希瑞尔需要更多的帮助 |
[04:14] | and he’s with his family. They’ll decide. | 他现在和他家人在一起 他们会决定的 |
[04:15] | Why? Why, because of what he thought was going on, hmm? | 为什么 因为他对这里的想法吗 |
[04:18] | What did he think was going on? | 他有什么想法 |
[04:19] | If I tell you, you gonna have me moved | 如果我告诉你 |
[04:21] | – and throw out all my stuff too? – Of course not. | -我的东西也会被扔掉吗 -当然不会 |
[04:23] | I just saw them, they’re throwing out all of his shit. | 我刚看见他们把他的东西都扔了 |
[04:25] | They’re not throwing it out. | 他们不是扔 |
[04:29] | Look, we both broke the rules, okay? | 我们都知道规矩 |
[04:32] | Whatever’s happening with Shrier is also… | 无论希瑞尔发生了什么也… |
[04:39] | I don’t even understand what I’m thinking sometimes. | 有时候我都不明白自己在想什么 |
[04:41] | We all think things that make us uncomfortable. | 我们都会胡思乱想 |
[04:44] | Everyone. | 大家都会 |
[04:45] | And I’m different because why? | 我为什么与众不同呢 |
[04:47] | Because you want to be here. | 因为你想留在这里 |
[04:50] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[04:50] | Well, in my experience, it makes a very big difference, yes. | 是的 根据我的经验 这很不同 |
[04:54] | Sometimes people that need the most help… | 有时候最需要帮助的那些人… |
[04:55] | They even trashed his fucking harmonica. | 他们甚至把他的口琴弄坏了 |
[04:57] | I mean, why couldn’t he take that with him wherever he was going? | 不管他去哪儿 为什么不能把口琴带上呢 |
[05:00] | You’re worried about him. | 你很担心他 |
[05:01] | Aren’t you? | 你不担心吗 |
[05:04] | Yes, I am. | 我也担心 |
[05:08] | Will you sit down, please? | 你先请坐 |
[05:12] | Please. | 请坐 |
[05:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:26] | Shrier plays harmonica? | 希瑞尔吹口琴吗 |
[05:29] | Yeah, well, not anymore, apparently. | 很显然 吹不了了 |
[05:31] | Come on, Walter. | 别这样 沃特 |
[05:34] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:36] | Yeah, no, he was, uh… he was terrible, but | 他吹得很烂 但 |
[05:40] | – Lesky gave it to him, so… – Lesky? | -是莱斯基给他的 -莱斯基 |
[05:42] | – Titanic Rising Lesky? – Yeah. | -《泰坦尼克号复活》的莱斯基吗 -是的 |
[05:45] | Yeah, Lesky’s sister sent it to him | 莱斯基的姐妹 |
[05:46] | in a care package, or something like that. | 装在护理包里给他的 |
[05:49] | I guess she thinks all we do is sit around campfires | 我猜她认为我们的工作 就是扛着枪 |
[05:51] | with our muskets or… | 围坐在篝火旁 |
[05:53] | whatever, I don’t know. | 之类的 我也不清楚 |
[05:54] | Lesky was gonna throw it out, | 莱斯基想把它扔了 |
[05:55] | and Shrier said that he wanted it, so… | 希瑞尔说他想要 所以… |
[05:57] | Why did he want it if he didn’t know how to play? | 他不会吹 为什么还要 |
[06:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:01] | I think he liked Lesky’s sister, | 他喜欢莱斯基的姐妹吧 |
[06:02] | or the idea of her. | 或是迷恋她 |
[06:05] | He used it more like a weapon, | 他把它当武器用 |
[06:06] | honestly, the harmonica. He, uh… | 说实话 那个口琴… |
[06:09] | Whenever anyone would fall asleep in the Humvee, | 只要有人在悍马里睡着了 |
[06:11] | he’d just blare into it. | 他就开始吹 |
[06:12] | And who was in there with you? | 车里除了你还有谁 |
[06:14] | Shrier drove. I was up front with him. | 希瑞尔开车 我坐副驾驶 |
[06:16] | And Benji and Lesky were in the back. | 班吉和莱斯基在后座 |
[06:18] | You said that Lesky died when his vehicle | 你之前说莱斯基的死因是 |
[06:21] | went over an IED. | 他的车轧了一个简易炸弹 |
[06:24] | That’s right, yeah. | 没错 |
[06:26] | You were with him. | 你和他都在车上 |
[06:28] | That day, no. Lesky was in another vehicle. | 不是一天 那天莱斯基在别的车上 |
[06:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:35] | Because I put him there. | 因为我让他去的 |
[06:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[06:42] | Benji was, uh… | 班吉 |
[06:45] | Benji was pestering Lesky, asking him a million questions. | 班吉缠着莱斯基 问他一堆问题 |
[06:47] | About what? | 什么问题 |
[06:49] | Stupid shit. | 愚蠢的问题 |
[06:51] | Christmas carols, | 圣诞颂歌 |
[06:53] | pyramids, fucking dinosaurs. | 金字塔 恐龙 |
[06:56] | You know, Lesky was… was telling him he was an idiot, | 莱斯基说他是个蠢货 |
[06:59] | and he was getting angry, and… | 然后他生气了 |
[07:01] | I don’t know, Benji just kept questioning him. | 班吉就是在一直问他问题 |
[07:03] | It was like he wanted the abuse. | 好像他想受虐一样 |
[07:05] | And I just… I didn’t want to deal with it. So… | 我不想理他们 所以 |
[07:10] | I told Lesky to go to another vehicle | 我跟莱斯基说让他上另一辆车 |
[07:11] | and I had a guy from that vehicle come back with us. | 和那辆车上的人换个位置 |
[07:14] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[07:17] | Well, uh… | 然后… |
[07:20] | we drove out, and, uh… | 我们出发了 |
[07:23] | and their vehicle was ahead of ours. | 他们的车在我们前面 |
[07:26] | And then, all of a sudden they were slowing down for something, | 他们突然减速了 |
[07:30] | I don’t know what, so we slowed down, too, | 我不知道为什么 所以也减速了 |
[07:32] | and I just saw their vehicle jump up | 然后我看见他们的车被炸飞了 |
[07:35] | and come back down. | 又掉到地面上 |
[07:38] | There was smoke everywhere. | 到处都是烟 |
[07:41] | I climbed out and went to go check on Lesky, | 我爬出来 去看莱斯基 |
[07:44] | and he was dead. | 他已经死了 |
[07:46] | He was definitely dead, and, uh, | 肯定死了 |
[07:50] | there was a piece of metal just | 有一块金属 |
[07:53] | stuck right in here. | 直接插进了他的头 |
[07:56] | Just stuck right there. | 卡在那了 |
[08:00] | What a shame. | 真是可惜 |
[08:07] | Walter… | 沃特 |
[08:10] | what else do you think about what happened? | 你对此还有什么想法 |
[08:15] | I was in charge, I got impatient, | 当时是我负责 我不耐烦了 |
[08:17] | and so I sent Lesky to another vehicle and he died. | 就让莱斯基上了另一辆车 然后他死了 |
[08:19] | – Because you were impatient? – Yeah. | -因为你不耐烦 -是的 |
[08:21] | I mean, is there a different way I’m supposed to look at it? | 还有不同的角度来看待这件事吗 |
[08:23] | – Well, that it was… – What, unrelated events? | -那是 -什么 无关事件 |
[08:25] | – No one’s fault? – Yes. | -大家都没错 -是的 |
[08:29] | I made a decision. That’s what happened. | 我做了决定 就这样了 |
[08:31] | – Not what you were trying to do. – It didn’t matter | -你不想的 -我怎么做 |
[08:33] | what I was trying to do or what I wanted to happen. | 或者希望发生什么都不重要 |
[08:35] | None of that mattered over there. | 这些在那里都不重要 |
[08:36] | – But you’re not over there, you’re here now. – Right. | -但你不在那里 你在这里 -对 |
[08:39] | I’m here now, and I know I got to let go of it. | 我在这里 我知道我必须放下 |
[08:41] | Well, you don’t have to. I mean… | 你不必这么做 |
[08:45] | do you want to, do you want to let it go? | 你想放下吗 |
[08:48] | I just want something new. | 我只想要新的东西 |
[08:51] | Whatever’s next. | 随便什么东西 |
[08:53] | But I keep seeing their vehicle on the road ahead of us, and… | 但我老是看到他们的车在我们前面 |
[08:56] | you know, I see it over and over again, | 一遍又一遍 |
[08:58] | and I’m begging for it to stop or slow down a little, but | 我求它停车或减点速 但 |
[09:04] | that’s what happened. | 就这样了 |
[09:06] | And, I’m responsible for it. | 我有责任 |
[09:09] | Walter. | 沃特 |
[09:10] | No, I mean the memories. | 不 我指的是回忆 |
[09:14] | Keeping ’em alive, you know? | 让他们活着 |
[09:18] | I… | 我 |
[09:19] | I just can’t leave ’em. | 我不能丢下他们 |
[09:22] | That’s a lot for one person. | 这对一个人来说很难 |
[09:27] | I’ve seen a lot of guys go through a lot worse, believe me. | 我看过很多人经历更糟的事情 相信我 |
[09:30] | I can handle it. | 我能应付 |
[09:33] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[09:36] | Shrier’s gone now, so… | 希瑞尔已经走了 所以 |
[09:38] | who else is gonna do it? | 还能谁来 |
[10:07] | This is busted. Have you been messing with it? | 这个坏了 是你弄的吗 |
[10:09] | No. | 不是 |
[10:10] | – How’d it go with Andrew? – Anthony. | -跟安德鲁聊得怎么样 -是安东尼 |
[10:13] | I just need to find my… | 我要找我的 |
[10:16] | Your what? | 你的什么 |
[10:46] | 病患衣物 海蒂·伯格曼 | |
[11:00] | Anthony was kind of vanilla, wasn’t he? | 安东尼有点普通 不是吗 |
[11:03] | In a bad way? | 太平凡了 |
[11:09] | Why didn’t you tell me I was in the hospital? | 你为什么不跟我说我进过医院 |
[11:12] | Tell you? | 告诉你 |
[11:13] | You were there. | 你不是当事人吗 |
[11:18] | Why didn’t we ever talk about it? | 我们为什么没谈过呢 |
[11:20] | Now you want to talk about it? | 现在你想谈 |
[11:23] | What’s there to talk about? | 有什么好谈的 |
[11:24] | So it didn’t go perfectly. | 所以效果不理想 |
[11:27] | So you needed a break. | 你需要休息一下 |
[11:33] | That doesn’t mean you spend the rest of your life, | 这并不意味着你下半辈子要 |
[11:35] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[11:38] | hiding. | 躲藏 |
[11:44] | Or tearing the house apart. | 或者把房子拆了 |
[12:10] | How are they treating you? | 他们对你怎么样 |
[12:13] | Good. It’s really nice here. | 不错啊 这里很好 |
[12:15] | How’s your room? | 你的房间怎么样 |
[12:17] | It’s nice. | 很好 |
[12:18] | You don’t know any words besides “nice”? | 除了”很好”之外 你什么都不会说吗 |
[12:23] | Is someone there? | 有人在那吗 |
[12:25] | There’s a bunch of us here. | 这里有很多人 |
[12:26] | – Pale Kreyol. – Why? | -说克里奥耳语 -为什么 |
[12:29] | – Eske y ap koute w? – Is who listening? | -他们会听到吗 -谁会听 |
[12:33] | When I’m speaking to my son I want to speak to my son. | 我和儿子说话的时候 就想和我儿子说话 |
[12:36] | You don’t have a phone yet? | 你还没有手机吗 |
[12:38] | None of us do, Mom. That’s why they set this up. | 我们都没有 妈妈 这就是这里的意义 |
[12:40] | You can’t buy one now that you’re home? | 你回国了也不能买 |
[12:42] | We’re in the middle of a swamp. There’s nothing around | 我们在沼泽中间 周围什么也没有 |
[12:44] | except some retirement community. | 除了退休社区 |
[12:46] | A hospital in a swamp. Why? | 沼泽中的医院 为什么 |
[12:48] | It’s not a hospital, Mom. | 妈妈 这不是医院 |
[12:50] | We’re not… It’s like an office building. | 这里像个写字楼 |
[12:52] | Can we just have a normal conversation? | 我们能正常谈话吗 |
[12:53] | – This is a normal conversation. – No, it’s not. | -这是正常的谈话 -不 不是 |
[12:56] | No one else here is getting interrogated. | 不要讯问我 |
[12:57] | Does your friend Joseph speak to his mother this way? | 你朋友约瑟夫跟他妈这样说话吗 |
[12:59] | Shrier? | 希瑞尔 |
[13:02] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[13:03] | Let me talk to him. | 让我跟他谈谈 |
[13:06] | He’s not here right now. | 他现在不在这里 |
[13:08] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[13:11] | He’s… | 他 |
[13:13] | Look, I got to go. | 我挂了 |
[13:14] | Why can’t you talk to me? What is it? | 你为什么不能跟我说 怎么回事 |
[13:16] | Because I can’t. That’s all. Okay? | 因为我不能 就这样 好吗 |
[13:20] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:56] | Heidi. | 海蒂 |
[13:57] | There you are. | 你在这儿 |
[13:58] | Was looking for you. Hey, I just had this crazy idea. | 我在找你 我有个疯狂的想法 |
[14:01] | I want to run it by you real quick. | 想简单和你说一下 |
[14:02] | – All right. – Okay? What if, one day, | -好 -如果有一天 |
[14:04] | the guys wake up and this whole place | 这些家伙醒来后发现整个地方 |
[14:07] | is like a shopping center? | 变成购物中心了 |
[14:09] | Right? We totally immerse them, | 我们让他们完全沉浸其中 |
[14:11] | the whole day. | 一整天 |
[14:12] | And they’d have a task, a specific task. | 给他们一项任务 一项特定的任务 |
[14:14] | Like, they’d have to buy a-a gift for their dad or whatever. | 比如他们必须给爸爸买个礼物之类的 |
[14:17] | Right? And then we create these obstacles | 然后我们制造些障碍 |
[14:19] | where we really get to assess the group’s overall challenges, | 让我们能评估小组的整体挑战 |
[14:21] | – hone in on them. You know? – Yeah. | -磨练他们 -嗯 |
[14:23] | – What do you think? – It’s, uh… | -你觉得怎么样 -这 |
[14:27] | Can we just talk about this another time? | 我们能回头再说吗 |
[14:31] | Yeah. Sure. | 当然 |
[14:33] | Sure. Yeah. | 当然 |
[14:35] | What are you doing in here, anyway? | 你在这里干什么 |
[14:38] | What’re you doing in the storage closet? | 你在储藏间干什么 |
[15:09] | I’m sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:11] | I’m looking for Redwood. | 请问红木在哪 |
[16:13] | You’re in it. | 这就是 |
[16:18] | Hi. I’m Thomas Carrasco | 我是托马斯·卡拉斯科 |
[16:20] | with the Department of Defense. | 国防部的 |
[16:23] | I’m trying to speak with someone about Homecoming. | 我想找个人谈谈归途 |
[16:25] | It was a DoD subcontract. | 这是国防部的分包合同 |
[16:28] | Oh, so you need to get with the Compliance folks. | 你要找服从部的人 |
[16:30] | Yeah, I was just there. They sent me here. | 我找过了 他们让我来这 |
[16:33] | Compliance sent you here? | 服从部让你来的 |
[16:35] | They did. | 是的 |
[16:36] | Did you try texting the help desk for an appointment? | 你有发短信给服务台预约吗 |
[16:38] | – They’d really be your… – I’d like to speak with someone today. | -他们会 -我今天就想谈 |
[16:43] | All right. Let me send up a couple flares. | 好吧 我跟上级请示一下 |
[16:45] | We’ll see what comes back. | 看看情况 |
[17:02] | Colin? | 科林 |
[17:04] | There’s a gentleman here from the DoD. | 国防部来了一位男士 |
[17:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:09] | Thomas Carrasco, asking about Homecoming. | 托马斯·卡拉斯科 询问归途的事 |
[17:12] | Should I… Hello? | 我要 喂 |
[17:30] | – That him? – Yes, but I’m routing him | -是他吗 -是的 但我在搪塞他 |
[17:32] | – so you don’t have to… – I’ll take it. It’s fine. | -所以你不必 -我来吧 没事 |
[17:36] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[17:39] | Yeah. | 是 |
[17:41] | Been bouncing you around, huh? | 给你踢皮球了吧 |
[17:42] | – No problem. – we’ve got five floors here. | -没事 -我们这里有五层 |
[17:45] | I get turned around myself. How could I help? | 我都会迷路 有什么可以帮忙 |
[17:49] | I just have some questions about a Geist program, Homecoming. | 我有些关于盖斯特的项目问题 归途 |
[17:53] | – Are you familiar with that? – Not really, no. | -你了解吗 -不怎么了解 |
[17:57] | Oh, th-that program’s no longer operational, right? | 那个项目不运作了 对吧 |
[17:59] | It appears not, but I’m just trying to track down | 好像是 但我想了解一下 |
[18:01] | an incident report from 2018 regarding a Walter Cruz. | 2018年关于沃特·克鲁兹的事故报告 |
[18:08] | What is it you think happened? | 你认为发生了什么事 |
[18:10] | Well, if you look here… | 看这里 |
[18:14] | you can see Cruz’s, | 写着克鲁兹的 |
[18:18] | date of discharge. | 开除日期 |
[18:20] | Yeah. May 15, 2018. | 2018年5月15日 |
[18:23] | And if you look here, this is the employment record, | 看这里 这是从业记录 |
[18:27] | of a project administrator, Heidi Bergman. | 一个项目负责人 海蒂·伯格曼 |
[18:29] | Do you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[18:31] | Heidi Bergman? No. | 海蒂·伯格曼 不 |
[18:34] | But she did work for Geist? | 但她为盖斯特工作吧 |
[18:36] | Well, if you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[18:38] | Sorry, I’ve just, uh… Let me see. | 对不起 让我看一下 |
[18:39] | I’ve never been to Tampa. | 我没去过坦帕 |
[18:42] | You know, they kind of need me here at HQ. | 他们要我在总部 |
[18:45] | Well, you can see her termination date. | 你可以看到她的离职日期 |
[18:49] | May 15. | 5月15日 |
[18:50] | May 15, 2018. And Cruz | 2018年5月15日 克鲁兹 |
[18:54] | was discharged for violent misconduct | 因暴力行为而被开除 |
[18:57] | – the same day Bergman was hospitalized. – Okay. | -就在同一天 伯格曼住院了 -嗯 |
[19:00] | I’m just wondering if the hospitalization | 我只是想知道她住院 |
[19:02] | – was the result of Cruz’s… – I-I see. | -是否是因为克鲁兹 -我明白了 |
[19:05] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[19:06] | – What? – Let’s go over here. | -什么 -过来 |
[19:10] | – Co-Ca. – Co-Ca? | -相果 -相果 |
[19:13] | Yeah, Co-Ca. Correlation-causation. | 是的 相果 相关因果关系 |
[19:16] | – We deal with this all the time here. – What do you mean? | -我们一直和这个打交道 -什么意思 |
[19:18] | Well, look, basically, my whole job is to look at data | 基本上 我的工作就是观察数据 |
[19:22] | and try to find a narrative. | 寻找联系 |
[19:24] | Stare at this stuff long enough, believe me, | 这东西看久了 相信我 |
[19:26] | it’ll say whatever you want it to. | 你想要它表达什么都行 |
[19:28] | Oh, I don’t want it to say anything. | 我不想让它表达什么 |
[19:29] | But if the events are connected… | 但如果这两件事有关系 |
[19:31] | You mean because they happened on the same day? | 你是说就因为是同一天发生的 |
[19:34] | – Well, yeah, that and the fact that they… – Okay, well, | -是的 还有他们 -好吧 |
[19:35] | I-I have the same birthday as my dad. | 我和我爸的生日一样 |
[19:38] | Does that mean we’re the same person? | 这就意味着我们是同一个人吗 |
[19:41] | – No, it doesn’t. – Okay, so you see my point. | -不是 -好 你明白我的意思了 |
[19:44] | Look, I’m just looking for any kind of documentation– | 我只是在找相关的记录 |
[19:46] | an incident report, insurance claims– | 事故报告 保险索赔 |
[19:48] | something that would show that on the… | 会显示出 |
[19:50] | That something happened. But what if it didn’t? | 有事发生 但如果没有呢 |
[19:53] | – What? – Happen. | -什么 -发生啊 |
[19:55] | Would there be an incident report then? | 那会有事故报告吗 |
[19:58] | – Well, no, but… – Good, then. | -不会 但是 -好的 |
[20:03] | Are… are we… | 我们 |
[20:04] | Yeah. I got to get back to the desk. | 我得回去工作了 |
[20:07] | Well, all-all right. | 好吧 |
[20:10] | If there’s no documentation… | 如果没有记录 |
[20:12] | Yeah, no. | 没有 |
[20:14] | Kind of a dead end. I’m sorry. | 这是死胡同 我很抱歉 |
[20:15] | Oh, no, that’s okay. I’m… | 不 没关系 我 |
[20:17] | I guess I’ll just have to speak to the contemporaries directly. | 那我只能直接去问问当时的人了 |
[20:22] | Contemporaries? | 当时的人 |
[20:24] | You know, from the Homecoming facility. | 在归途的人啊 |
[20:27] | Yea… Yeah. | 嗯 |
[20:29] | Yeah, I mean, those guys are scattered all over the place | 那些人都各奔东西了 |
[20:32] | and, you know, privacy issues being what they are, | 而且隐私对他们来说很重要 |
[20:35] | – tracking them might be… – Oh, no. I’ve located a client. | -找他们可能 -不 我找到了一个客户 |
[20:38] | Oh, you have? | 是吗 |
[20:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:44] | So I’ll speak to him. | 我要和他谈谈 |
[20:49] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你抽空见我 |
[21:13] | Engel. Dude. | 恩格尔 伙计 |
[21:14] | I can’t play any more Monopoly. | 我不能玩大富翁了 |
[21:16] | – I’m gonna lose my shit. – I’m sorry, | -我会疯的 -对不起 |
[21:18] | it-it’s not Engel. | 我不是恩格尔 |
[21:28] | Do you want to come in? | 进来吗 |
[21:31] | Yeah, sure. | 好啊 |
[21:34] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[21:36] | I just, did a little digging, | 我找了一下 |
[21:38] | – and, uh… – You did? | -然后 -是吗 |
[21:40] | Here. | 给 |
[21:44] | I just thought, maybe… | 我想着 也许 |
[21:46] | No, yeah, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:49] | Really. | 真的 |
[22:01] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[22:06] | I don’t know, I was… I was thinking after we talked, | 不知道 我们谈了之后 我想了想 |
[22:09] | and so I just looked up a route. | 然后看看路线 |
[22:12] | It just was something to do, but, uh, | 打发时间的 但 |
[22:14] | – if I knew you were coming, I… – What are all these things? | -如果我知道你要来 我 -这些是什么 |
[22:20] | Well, if you… | 如果你 |
[22:23] | if you keep driving along here, | 如果你沿着这里开 |
[22:26] | past Yosemite, | 经过约塞米蒂 |
[22:28] | there’s these little towns, like, Angel’s Camp | 这些小城镇 比如天使营 |
[22:31] | and Cave City. | 和洞穴城 |
[22:34] | Fish Camp? | 鱼营 |
[22:35] | I’ve been to Fish Camp. Or through it. | 我去过鱼营 其实是经过 |
[22:38] | – Really? – Yeah, once. | -真的吗 -是的 经过一次 |
[22:41] | I was 17. | 那时17岁 |
[22:42] | What were you doing way out there? | 你在那边干什么 |
[22:44] | I was being an idiot. | 我当时很白痴 |
[22:47] | A buddy of mine from high school, | 我高中有个朋友 |
[22:48] | his grandpa died and left him a Honda Civic. | 他爷爷去世了 留给了他一辆本田思域 |
[22:50] | It was metallic gold, had 180,000 miles on it. | 金属金色 开了十八万英里 |
[22:53] | I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen, | 这是我见过的最酷的东西 |
[22:56] | so I offered him anything I had for it, like 2,000 bucks. | 所以我给了他所有的东西 两千块吧 |
[22:59] | And he took it, and I decided to drive up to Yosemite. | 他收下了 我决定开车去约塞米蒂 |
[23:03] | So you’ve always wanted to go there? | 你一直都想去那 |
[23:06] | Well, yeah. | 是的 |
[23:07] | I mean, at the time, | 在那个时候 |
[23:09] | it was the farthest place I could think of. | 我能想到最远的地方就是那了 |
[23:11] | That’s the main thing I knew about it, was that it was far, | 我对那的大致了解 就是远 |
[23:13] | and I wanted to drive, so… | 并且我想开车 |
[23:17] | My mom was so pissed. She was like, | 我妈当时气坏了 她说 |
[23:20] | “You drove 4,000 miles | 你开车四千英里 |
[23:21] | to sit around and watch deer | 就为了无所事事 |
[23:23] | with a bunch of broke white people?” | 和一帮穷光蛋白人一起去看鹿 |
[23:26] | – But you went. – Yeah, yeah. | -但你还是去了 -对 |
[23:28] | I mean, basic training wasn’t for a couple of weeks, so… | 没几个星期就要接受基础训练了 |
[23:32] | You know, I drove all the way from Georgia, | 我从佐治亚一直开 |
[23:36] | day and night. | 没日没夜的 |
[23:37] | It was the first time I’d seen the country. | 那是我第一次看到乡下 |
[23:39] | What I noticed the most was when I got up into the mountains, | 我开进山时 最主要发现 |
[23:42] | there were all these little towns. | 里面有很多小镇 |
[23:44] | You know, not too much– | 没有很多… |
[23:46] | a hardware store, a little cafe. | 一家五金店 一家小咖啡厅 |
[23:49] | And, it was crazy to me, I’d drive past these places | 简直让我疯狂 我开车经过这些地方 |
[23:52] | in, like, two seconds, and each one of them | 也就两秒钟的事 但每个地方 |
[23:54] | were like their own little planet, you know? | 就像一个小星球 |
[23:56] | I felt like if I’d stopped for just a second, | 我觉得如果自己停一秒 |
[23:58] | I’d just disappear. | 我就消失了 |
[24:02] | Disappear? What do you mean? | 消失 什么意思 |
[24:04] | Well, I mean, if I pulled over and actually checked it out, | 如果我停下车去看看 |
[24:08] | that’d be it, that’d be my life. | 那就会成为我的生活 |
[24:10] | But I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[24:12] | I kept it moving. | 我继续开 |
[24:15] | So how was the park? | 公园怎么样 |
[24:16] | Amazing? | 好看吗 |
[24:19] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[24:21] | You don’t know? | 你不知道 |
[24:23] | No, I, I never actually made it. | 不知道 我其实没开到 |
[24:27] | Right when I got to the ranger station or whatever– | 我到公园管理处也不哪里 |
[24:30] | I mean, right when I got there– | 就在我到那时 |
[24:32] | my car died. | 我的车坏了 |
[24:34] | – It did not. – Yeah. | -不是吧 -是的 |
[24:37] | It did. My mom had to get me a bus ticket home. | 坏了 我妈只能给我买了张车票回家 |
[24:41] | When I finally got back, she was just smiling at me, like, | 等我回家时 她笑着看着我 就像说 |
[24:44] | “I told you so.” | 我跟你说吧 |
[24:46] | And a couple weeks later, I was in training. | 几周后 我就接受训练了 |
[24:49] | You drove all that way for nothing? | 你大老远白跑了一趟 |
[24:52] | Yeah. | 可不 |
[24:54] | Yeah, but when I was sitting at that gate, | 嗯 不过当我坐在大门口 |
[24:56] | waiting for the tow truck, I just kept thinking to myself, | 等拖车来 心里就忍不住想 |
[24:59] | “It’s okay. It’s fine. | 没事 没事的 |
[25:02] | “You know, I’m gonna see a lot of things. | 我会见识很多事 |
[25:04] | I’m gonna see the whole world.” | 我要见识全世界 |
[25:05] | And two weeks later, you were there. | 两周之后 你就去了 |
[25:08] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:10] | But, wasn’t like what I thought. | 不过和我想的不一样 |
[25:21] | What was it like? | 是什么样 |
[25:26] | It was hot. | 很热 |
[25:28] | Hard to breathe, hard to think. | 喘不过气 无法思考 |
[25:32] | You know, I’d find myself getting used to it, | 我慢慢习惯了 |
[25:33] | and then something new would happen, | 然后就有新情况出现 |
[25:36] | something fucked-up and awful, | 一些混乱可怕的情况 |
[25:38] | and I just couldn’t even understand why we were there. | 我搞不明白我们为什么在那 |
[25:41] | I mean, no one did. | 没人明白 |
[25:43] | That was the scariest part of it all: | 整件事最可怕的就在这 |
[25:44] | just the pointlessness. | 毫无意义 |
[25:47] | All I wanted to do was just be done with it, | 我只想赶紧结束 |
[25:49] | just go somewhere else, you know, | 然后去其他地方 |
[25:53] | do something else. | 做点其他的事 |
[25:55] | I just wanted to be in a… in a place | 我只想去一个 |
[25:58] | where the days, like, build on each other. | 可以慢慢成长的地方 |
[26:01] | You know? | 懂我意思吗 |
[26:06] | What about you? What do you see? | 你呢 你看到什么了 |
[26:10] | For myself? | 我自己 |
[26:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:16] | I’m here. | 我在这里啊 |
[26:25] | – So you live around here? – I should probably get going. | -你住这附近 -我该走了 |
[26:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:30] | Thanks for the harmonica. | 谢谢你的口琴 |
[26:31] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[26:46] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[27:08] | Yeah, you can put anything in there, | 对 你可以往里面随便加东西 |
[27:09] | it turns it right into spaghetti. | 都能变成意大利面 |
[27:11] | It doesn’t even matter what it is. | 是什么并不重要 |
[27:12] | If you put bacon in there, | 你往里面添培根 |
[27:14] | – bacon spaghetti. – Can I ask you something? | -培根意面 -我能问你点事吗 |
[27:16] | Yeah. What? | 可以 什么 |
[27:18] | Have you ever forgotten something? | 你有没有忘记过什么 |
[27:20] | Like, something big, something that you know | 一些重要的事 |
[27:22] | you should be able to remember? | 你知道自己应该记住的事 |
[27:23] | Yeah, all the time. | 有 一直如此 |
[27:25] | Yeah, for my birthday last year, AJ took me out, | 去年我生日的时候 AJ约我出去 |
[27:28] | Got kind of hectic, I came to like three days later, | 我得了一种肺病热 三天后才醒过来 |
[27:31] | and I’d ended up making all these doctors appointments. | 我最后预约了一堆医生 |
[27:33] | Very weird doctors appointments. | 特别奇怪的医生预约 |
[27:35] | No recollection… | 完全不记得了 |
[27:36] | Wait, look. Look at this. | 等下 看看这个 |
[27:39] | I found this. This is from my old job. | 我从我之前工作中找到的 |
[27:42] | What? What is it? | 什么 这是什么 |
[27:43] | Well, look, all the calls are to the same guy. | 所有电话都打给同一个人的 |
[27:49] | Who’s Colin? | 谁是科林 |
[27:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:55] | You blocked it out. | 你屏蔽了 |
[27:57] | I guess so. | 我想是吧 |
[27:59] | Well, you got to call him. | 那你得打给他 |
[28:00] | Well, no, I don’t even know him. | 不行 我都不认识他 |
[28:01] | Heidi. What can he do? | 海蒂 他能怎样 |
[28:03] | You got to call him. Call him. | 你得打给他 打给他 |
[28:05] | Well, this doesn’t even have service anymore. | 这个手机号已经用不了了 |
[28:07] | Okay, please. Come on, come with me. | 好吧 跟我来 |
[28:17] | – Well, is it ringing? – Yeah. | -响了吗 -嗯 |
[28:20] | This is Colin. | 我是科林 |
[28:23] | This is Heidi Bergman, and I was… | 我是海蒂·伯格曼 我曾 |
[28:32] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[28:44] | – See you down there, huh? – Yeah. Okay. | -一会儿见 -好的 |