时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | The Department of Veterans Affairs | 退伍军人事务部 |
[00:26] | is committed to outstanding care. | 致力于卓越的关怀 |
[00:28] | Please continue to hold, and we will return– | 请等待 我们稍后 |
[00:31] | Hi, Ms. Morisseau. Thanks for holding. | 莫里索女士 感谢您的等待 |
[00:34] | I’m looking at Walter’s file here. | 我在看沃特的文件 |
[00:36] | You said the program is called “Homecoming”? | 你说这个项目叫归途 |
[00:38] | – Yes. “Homecoming.” – Okay, yes… | -是的 归途 -好的 |
[00:40] | I haven’t heard from my son in two weeks, | 我两周没有儿子的消息了 |
[00:43] | and I’ve been trying to reach him, but there’s no listed… | 我一直在联系他 但没有 |
[00:44] | Yeah, so, ma’am, that’s not a V.A. Program. | 女士 这不是退伍军人事务部的项目 |
[00:48] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[00:50] | Yeah, I’m seeing here, uh, | 这里写着 |
[00:51] | it’s administered by a private contractor– | 它是由一个私人承包商负责的 |
[00:54] | Geist Emergent Group. | 盖斯特紧急小组 |
[00:57] | Geist? | 盖斯特 |
[00:59] | Yeah. It’s not here at the V.A. | 是的 它不在退伍军人事务部 |
[01:02] | That’s all we have. | 我们只有这些资料 |
[01:03] | Is there anything else I can help you with? | 还有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[01:05] | No. | 没有了 |
[01:52] | Glory? You ready? | 格罗瑞 准备好了吗 |
[01:56] | We’re gonna be late. | 我们要迟到了 |
[02:04] | – What’s this? – Geist. | -这是什么 -盖斯特 |
[02:07] | So? What about them? | 所以呢 |
[02:08] | – They made all of that? – No. | -这些都是他们生产的吗 -不 |
[02:10] | But they make household products, | 但他们制造家庭用品 |
[02:12] | like shampoo, drain cleaner, | 像洗发水 排水清洁剂 |
[02:15] | – laundry detergent… – So? | -洗衣粉 -所以呢 |
[02:18] | And they just want him to talk about his feelings? No. | 他们只是想让他谈谈感受 不 |
[02:23] | Him who? What are you talking about? | 他是谁 你在说什么 |
[02:25] | Walter. The place that they sent him to. | 沃特 他们送他去的地方 |
[02:28] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这说不通 |
[02:30] | I know you’re upset, doudou mwen. | 我知道你不高兴 亲爱的 |
[02:32] | I know you miss him. | 我知道你想他 |
[02:34] | That’s not what I’m talking about. | 我没说这个 |
[02:35] | Why would a company that makes shampoo | 为什么生产洗发水 |
[02:38] | and drain cleaner… | 和排水清洁剂的公司 |
[02:39] | Glory, you are my sister and I love you. | 格罗瑞 你是我姐 我爱你 |
[02:43] | But when you get like this… | 但你这样 |
[02:44] | I don’t need to convince you. | 我不需要说服你 |
[02:48] | – Where are you going? – Tampa. | -你要去哪里 -坦帕 |
[02:50] | Now? Eske l konnen w ap vini? | 现在吗 他知道你要去吗 |
[02:52] | Tanpri! I’m his mother. | 拜托 我是他妈 |
[02:55] | I don’t need to announce when… | 我不需要宣布什么时候 |
[02:56] | He ran halfway around the world | 他跑到那么远 |
[02:58] | to get away from your nonsense. | 就是为了不听你唠叨 |
[02:59] | Evita! | 住口 |
[03:00] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[03:02] | He’ll be home in four weeks, Glory. | 他四周后就回家了 格罗瑞 |
[03:05] | What do you have to say that you can’t say on the phone? | 你有什么不能在电话里说吗 |
[03:06] | I’m not saying anything. | 我什么也不说 |
[03:08] | – What do you mean? – I’m bringing him home. | -什么意思 -我要带他回家 |
[04:36] | Hey, I owe you. | 我欠你钱 |
[04:39] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[04:40] | I– You waited on me at that fish place, | 你在那家鱼店服务过我 |
[04:42] | and I-I owe you a tip, so… | 我欠你小费 所以 |
[04:46] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[04:47] | Here, please. I insist. | 拿着吧 我很坚持 |
[04:50] | You’d be doing me a favor. | 算是帮我个忙 |
[04:51] | I-I could tell myself what a good guy I am. | 我可以告诉自己 我是个好人了 |
[04:55] | Sure. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[04:57] | Thank you. | 我该谢谢你 |
[05:03] | So, anyone strike it rich yet? | 有人一夜暴富了吗 |
[05:07] | Black gold? | 黑金 |
[05:10] | From the jar? | 罐子里 |
[05:11] | Oh, no. Not yet. | 不 还没有 |
[05:15] | Well, there was only a couple cards in there anyway, right? | 里面本来也只有几张名片 对吧 |
[05:18] | I mean, who are these people? | 那些人是谁 |
[05:20] | Do you ever notice? | 你注意过吗 |
[05:22] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[05:27] | It’s just funny, ’cause… | 有趣 因为 |
[05:35] | Jesus, man. Oh… | 天啊 |
[05:37] | – What? – Look, I’m sorry. | -怎么了 -抱歉 |
[05:39] | I just got back from Afghanistan, like, 72 hours ago, | 我72小时前才从阿富汗回来 |
[05:42] | and clearly I’ve forgotten how to have a normal conversation… | 都忘了如何进行正常的对话 |
[05:44] | sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:44] | You were in the military? | 你在部队吗 |
[05:47] | I was. Not anymore. | 原来是 现在不是了 |
[05:49] | I’m more of a contractor now. | 我现在算是承包商 |
[05:51] | Well, welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[05:53] | Thanks. I’m Hunter. | 谢谢 我叫亨特 |
[05:56] | – It’s nice to meet you. – Heidi. | -很高兴认识你 -海蒂 |
[06:11] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[06:14] | I was just wondering if I took things too far the other day. | 前几天我太过分了吗 |
[06:18] | Too far? | 太过分 |
[06:19] | With the bird? I… | 那只鸟 我 |
[06:20] | Oh, no, it was… it wasn’t– I mean, it’s fine. | 不 没事 |
[06:24] | Okay, ’cause you seemed like you were a little upset about… | 好吧 你看起来好像有点不高兴 |
[06:27] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[06:33] | Yes, it’s Heidi. | 我是海蒂 |
[06:37] | Okay. I’ll be right there. | 好 我马上就到 |
[06:41] | Can you just stay right here? | 你能在这里等会吗 |
[06:42] | I need to check on something. | 我要去看看 |
[06:43] | Yeah. | 好 |
[06:49] | Ma’am, this is protocol. | 女士 这是规定 |
[06:51] | I didn’t write these policies. | 这些政策不是我写的 |
[06:53] | You need to fill out a form… | 你得填写表格 |
[06:54] | Seems to me like you don’t have any idea. | 你好像什么都不知道 |
[06:56] | Heidi, hi. Um, we’re having a little bit of an issue here. | 海蒂 这里有个小问题 |
[06:59] | What issue? Explain it to me. | 什么问题 解释一下 |
[07:01] | This is Walter’s mom. | 这是沃特的妈妈 |
[07:09] | Yes. Hi. I’m Heidi Bergman. | 我是海蒂·伯格曼 |
[07:11] | I told her that we can’t have unscheduled visitors, | 我告诉她 我们不能安排临时访客 |
[07:14] | but she doesn’t seem to think that I know what I’m doing. | 但她觉得我不知道自己在做什么 |
[07:15] | You’re in charge? You work for Geist? | 你是负责的吗 你为盖斯特工作 |
[07:19] | They’re the ones that run this place, right? | 这里是他们的地方吧 |
[07:21] | Is everything all right? | 有什么事吗 |
[07:22] | If there’s been some kind of emergency, we can… | 如果有紧急情况 我们可以 |
[07:24] | Oh, there’s no emergency. | 没有紧急情况 |
[07:25] | He’s my son. | 他是我儿子 |
[07:27] | I want to see him. | 我想见他 |
[07:29] | You’re telling me that’s not allowed? | 你们告诉我这里不允许 |
[07:31] | Why would that be? | 为什么 |
[07:33] | Well, the purpose of this facility is to ease Walter’s transition, | 这里是想帮助沃特过渡 |
[07:38] | and he’s been doing great. | 他也很配合 |
[07:39] | It’s just that visitors, especially family, can be… | 只是访客 尤其是家人可能会 |
[07:43] | I drove here from Georgia. | 我是从佐治亚开车来的 |
[07:45] | I have 28 papers to grade and nowhere to be. | 我要改28份卷子 也没地方去 |
[07:53] | Should I call security? | 要叫保安吗 |
[07:54] | No, no, let’s, um… | 不 不 |
[07:57] | Heidi, | 海蒂 |
[07:57] | all visitor requests have to be approved ahead of time. | 所有访客的请求必须提前得到批准 |
[08:05] | Well, she’s here now, and she’s not going anywhere. | 她都在这了 别让她走了 |
[08:08] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[08:11] | Mrs. Morisseau, why don’t you come with me, please? | 莫里索女士 你和我一起走吧 |
[08:21] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[08:26] | Right this way. | 这边请 |
[08:36] | What was that all about? | 怎么回事 |
[08:51] | You live in Valdosta, right? | 你住在瓦尔多斯塔 对吧 |
[08:58] | How long was the drive? | 开了多久 |
[09:01] | It should’ve been three hours. | 应该3小时就到的 |
[09:02] | Traffic? | 堵车吗 |
[09:04] | No. I didn’t have the address. | 不是 我不知道地址 |
[09:08] | How did you find us? | 那你是怎么找到我们的 |
[09:09] | Walter said an office park outside Tampa, | 沃特说坦帕郊外有一个写字楼 |
[09:13] | near a swamp and a retirement community. | 靠近沼泽和退休社区 |
[09:16] | – Must be a dozen of those. – Only eight. | -那得有十几个吧 -只有八个 |
[09:18] | – So you just… – This was number six. | -所以你 -这是第六个 |
[09:25] | Mom? | 妈 |
[09:27] | Mom, what did you… what are you doing here? | 妈 你怎么 你怎么来了 |
[09:33] | I just wanted to see you. | 我只是想见见你 |
[09:37] | Why don’t we all sit down and talk? | 我们坐下聊聊吧 |
[09:40] | Walter… Tanpri, fè fanm sa ale. | 沃特 请让这个女人离开 |
[09:43] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[09:46] | Heidi, I’m sorry. | 海蒂 对不起 |
[09:48] | I haven’t seen my mom in a while, | 我有段时间没见到我妈了 |
[09:49] | so do you mind giving us a second? | 你能回避一下吗 |
[09:56] | Sure. Of course. | 当然 |
[10:48] | So, a month ago, | 一个月前 |
[10:49] | I’m about a hundred miles outside of Kandahar, | 我离坎大哈大约一百英里 |
[10:51] | in the middle of nowhere, and she calls, | 鸟不拉屎的地方 她打电话来 |
[10:53] | says she wants a divorce. | 说要离婚 |
[10:56] | Right? | 对吧 |
[10:57] | Said the whole thing was too hard on her. | 说这对她来说太难了 |
[11:02] | Too hard on her. | 对她太难了 |
[11:04] | That’s pretty rough. | 很扎心啊 |
[11:06] | Well, look, I-I didn’t even get mad, really. | 我都没生气 真的 |
[11:09] | I-I… it was more like… | 我 更像是 |
[11:13] | Fuck this? | 去它的 |
[11:15] | Yes, exactly. Fuck this. | 没错 去它的 |
[11:19] | Well, look, I-I-I’d be gone so much | 我离开太久了 |
[11:22] | I-I couldn’t even remember how to talk to her anymore, | 都不记得怎么跟她交谈 |
[11:24] | you know, or even how to be, really. | 或是跟她相处了 真的 |
[11:28] | Maybe she… maybe she just did what I was afraid to do. | 也许她只是做了我不敢做的事 |
[11:37] | I’m having, like, a breakthrough here. | 我好像想通了 |
[11:40] | Sure you’re not a couples counselor on the side? | 你真的不是兼职夫妻治疗师吗 |
[11:43] | Only on weekends. | 只在周末 |
[12:14] | It’s after 1:00. I’m starving. | 都1点多了 我饿死了 |
[12:17] | There’s a Chinese place next door. | 隔壁有个中餐馆 |
[12:23] | Well, how about you? You hungry? | 你呢 你饿吗 |
[12:27] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:30] | You know, it feels really good to talk about this stuff. | 谈论这些东西感觉真好 |
[12:32] | I don’t, I don’t really get that many chances. | 我没什么机会说这些 |
[12:35] | I-I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:42] | Sure. I could eat. | 好啊 我也可以吃 |
[12:45] | So, you know, I… after my last tour, | 在我最后一次驻派后 |
[12:48] | I came home, you know, tried to get back into things, | 我回到家 想着回归社会 |
[12:51] | relationships, work, but it just… | 关系 工作 但 |
[12:55] | I didn’t fit, you know? | 我融不进去 |
[12:57] | So I went back. There’s a lot of us over there, | 于是我回去了 那边有很多像我们这样的人 |
[12:59] | ex-soldiers working as contractors. | 退伍士兵当承包商的 |
[13:01] | We know our way around. | 我们比较熟悉了 |
[13:02] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[13:04] | It’s all right. | 还行 |
[13:06] | – Kind of lonely. – I bet. | -有点孤独 -肯定的 |
[13:08] | Way out there. | 毕竟在那边 |
[13:09] | Country’s beautiful. It’s not that. | 国家很美丽 不是因为那个 |
[13:15] | You know, I’m surrounded by these government people | 我被政府人员围着 |
[13:17] | and you just have to watch everything you say. | 要注意说的每一句话 |
[13:21] | The truth is the last thing you want to tell them. | 绝对不能告诉他们真相 |
[13:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:24] | Because they’ll use it against you. | 因为他们会用来对付你 |
[13:26] | Oh, they act like they’re just doing their job, | 他们表现得好像是在工作 |
[13:28] | but their job is to find someone to blame. | 但他们的工作其实是找替罪羊 |
[13:33] | I’m making it sound like… | 我这么一说 听起来像 |
[13:35] | No. I know what you mean. | 不 我明白你的意思 |
[13:40] | You do? | 是吗 |
[13:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:45] | Someone using you like that? | 有人有这样利用过你吗 |
[13:48] | What? | 什么 |
[13:49] | You know, hassling you, trying to get something from you? | 折磨你 想从你身上得到什么 |
[13:52] | No. | 没有 |
[13:53] | Because you were just saying… | 因为你刚才说 |
[13:56] | I was just being polite. | 我只是出于礼貌 |
[14:03] | – Doing it again. – What? | -又来了 -什么 |
[14:05] | – Interrogation mode. – What is that? | -讯问模式 -那是什么 |
[14:08] | Nothing. Just my work, you know. | 没什么 这是我的工作 |
[14:11] | Getting information from people. | 从人们嘴里获取信息 |
[14:12] | I just slip into it sometimes without realizing. Sorry. | 有时候我没注意就开始了 抱歉 |
[14:16] | Well, I got nothing for you. | 我没什么有用的信息 |
[14:18] | Whining about my divorce and now I’m grilling you. | 我抱怨离婚 还审问你 |
[14:22] | Jesus, man, it’s a first fucking date. | 天啊 第一次约会太烂了 |
[14:24] | A first what? | 第一次什么 |
[14:28] | And on that note, I think it’s time to order my first drink. | 说到这 我要点第一杯酒了 |
[14:31] | I should probably… | 我该 |
[14:32] | What? What do you mean? | 什么 怎么了 |
[14:33] | It’s… That’s bad luck, you know. | 这会带来霉运的 |
[14:36] | What is? | 什么 |
[14:37] | Folding laundry while sober. | 清醒的时候叠衣服 |
[14:40] | – That is one thing my mother taught me. – Oh, really? | -这是我母亲教我的 -真的吗 |
[14:43] | It’s the only thing, really. Look at me. | 唯一的事 真的 瞧我 |
[15:01] | You gonna tell me what this is about? | 你能告诉我这是怎么回事吗 |
[15:04] | She doesn’t have any pictures. | 她没有照片 |
[15:06] | No family, no nothing. | 没有家庭 什么也没有 |
[15:09] | You need to be smarter. You need to think. | 你要放聪明点 学会思考 |
[15:11] | – Think about what? – Sa w ap fè la? | -思考什么 -要做什么 |
[15:14] | E fanm sa, Heidi Bergman? What does she want? | 这个女人 海蒂·伯格曼 她想要什么 |
[15:17] | She wants to help. That’s her job. | 她想帮忙 那是她的工作 |
[15:19] | She supposed to be some kind of doctor? | 她是医生吗 |
[15:22] | Where did she go to school? | 在哪里上的学 |
[15:23] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这有什么关系 |
[15:24] | Ou pa konn anyen. | 你一无所知 |
[15:26] | You just believe. | 只是相信 |
[15:28] | But this government doesn’t give away nothing for free. | 但这个政府不会免费提供任何东西 |
[15:31] | There’s a reason you are here. | 你来这里是有原因的 |
[15:33] | Yes, there’s a reason. It’s for treatment. | 是有原因 为了治疗啊 |
[15:34] | Treatment? Pou kisa? | 治疗 为什么 |
[15:37] | There’s nothing wrong with you. | 你没毛病啊 |
[15:38] | Nothing’s wrong. I just need to be here. | 是没有 只是我得在这里 |
[15:41] | They want you to think that there’s something wrong, | 他们想让你觉得你有毛病 |
[15:43] | that you need them, | 让你需要他们 |
[15:45] | but you don’t need some therapist making you talk | 但你不需要治疗师逼你说 |
[15:47] | about what you saw, what you did. | 你的所见所做 |
[15:49] | Look, no one’s making me do anything. | 没有人逼我做任何事 |
[15:51] | You don’t know that, Walter. | 这可不一定 沃特 |
[15:53] | Kisa w te wè lot bo a? | 你看到另一面了吗 |
[15:55] | If you made a mistake, | 如果你犯了错误 |
[15:57] | – if they tricked you somehow… – Tricked? | -如果他们欺骗你 -欺骗 |
[15:59] | I know the terrible things that go on over there. | 我知道那里发生的可怕的事情 |
[16:03] | But you think the generals and their sons | 但你认为将军和他们的儿子 |
[16:05] | are going to take the blame? No. | 会承担责任吗 不 |
[16:06] | Mom, where do you get this shit? | 妈 你从哪听来的破玩意 |
[16:09] | Watch your mouth, Walter. | 说话注意点 沃特 |
[16:11] | So what? What’s the point of all this? | 所以这一切有什么意义 |
[16:12] | They just bring us here to work on our problems? | 他们只是把我们带到这里 来解决我们的问题 |
[16:14] | That’s all part of their evil plan, huh? | 这是他们邪恶计划的一部分 |
[16:16] | Yes. They bring you here and you say, | 对 他们把你带到这里 |
[16:19] | “I’m crazy, I’m violent,” | 你说我疯了 我很暴力 |
[16:21] | and you show them your weakness | 向他们展示你的弱点 |
[16:23] | and then they take advantage of it. | 然后他们加以利用 |
[16:24] | This is exactly how it was when I enlisted. | 我参军的时候就是这样 |
[16:26] | – I’m not talking about that. – Yeah, well, I am. | -我不是在说参军 -我是 |
[16:28] | You said you wanted to serve, ou te fè. | 你说你想服役 你去了 |
[16:32] | You’re not serving anybody here. | 你在这可没为任何人服役 |
[16:35] | You’re being used. | 你被利用了 |
[16:35] | And you’re just afraid. | 你只是害怕 |
[16:45] | Ou gen rezon, | 没错 |
[16:47] | I am afraid. | 我是害怕 |
[16:53] | I just want you to come home. | 我只想让你回家 |
[17:13] | He’s packing. | 他在收拾东西 |
[17:15] | Craig, just go back to your desk. | 克雷格 回你工位去 |
[17:18] | We should call security. | 我们要叫保安了 |
[17:19] | No, it’s not necessary. | 不 没必要 |
[17:22] | He’s had a week four dosage, Heidi. | 他服用了第四周的药 海蒂 |
[17:25] | If he quits his meds at this point, | 如果他在这个时候停药 |
[17:26] | – he’s going to go into withdrawal. – I know. I know. | -会有戒断反应的 -我知道 |
[17:30] | Okay, I need to inform Colin. | 我要通知科林 |
[17:31] | – I’m sorry. – No. | -对不起 -不 |
[17:33] | What do you mean, “No”? | 什么叫不 |
[17:34] | Heidi… | 海蒂 |
[17:36] | Have you lost your grip on what it is we’re… | 你控制不了局面了 |
[17:38] | Craig, I haven’t lost a fucking thing. | 克雷格 我可以 |
[17:40] | Now shut your wet little mouth, | 闭上你的臭嘴 |
[17:42] | turn around and go back to your toys. | 回去摆弄你的小玩具 |
[17:59] | Walter, what’s going on? | 沃特 发生什么事了 |
[18:02] | I gotta go back with her. | 我得跟她回去 |
[18:04] | She’s having a tough time, basically, so… | 她过得很不好 所以 |
[18:10] | All right. | 好的 |
[18:11] | Look, I’m sorry I have to leave in the middle of all this. | 对不起 我必须提前离开 |
[18:14] | I’ll get back as soon as I can. | 我会尽快回来的 |
[18:20] | Well, if it’s what you feel you need to do, I… | 如果你觉得必须这么做 我 |
[18:22] | of course I understand. | 我当然明白 |
[18:23] | Just, is it what you really want? | 但这是你真正想要的吗 |
[18:27] | She’s my mom. | 她是我妈 |
[18:29] | She’s upset. | 她不高兴了 |
[18:30] | It’s simpler this way. | 这样比较简单 |
[18:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:42] | Can you answer my question, though? | 你能回答我的问题了吗 |
[18:51] | What do I want? | 我想要什么 |
[18:52] | Yes. You talk about | 对 你谈了 |
[18:54] | what you owe the people in your life | 你亏欠的那些人 |
[18:56] | or how you failed them, like Shrier or Lesky, | 或是怎么辜负他们的 比如希瑞尔或莱斯基 |
[18:58] | but… what do you want? | 但是你想要什么 |
[19:05] | I don’t think that’s a good way of deciding. | 这不是一个好的决定方式 |
[19:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:11] | Because if I stayed, | 如果我留下来 |
[19:11] | it might be so I can focus on getting better. | 可能是因为我可以专注恢复 |
[19:13] | I think that’s really important. | 我认为这很重要 |
[19:15] | But it might be so I can be with you. | 但也可能是因为可以和你在一起 |
[19:27] | You ever think about that? | 你想过吗 |
[19:32] | I just… | 我只是 |
[19:35] | think for you to leave treatment at this time could be dangerous. | 觉得你在治疗的这个时候离开可能很危险 |
[19:37] | – Dangerous? – I… | -危险 -我 |
[19:38] | Not… No, not dangerous, | 不 不危险 |
[19:40] | just a little risky to… | 只是有点冒险 |
[19:42] | To what? | 冒什么险 |
[19:48] | I just don’t think you should leave | 我只是觉得如果你不确定已经准备好了 |
[19:49] | if you’re not sure you’re ready. | 就不该离开 |
[19:53] | Right. | 嗯 |
[19:59] | But can you answer my question? | 但你能回答我的问题吗 |
[20:05] | I do. | 有 |
[20:08] | What? | 什么 |
[20:11] | Think about that. | 我有想过 |
[20:16] | Please leave a message for… Colin Belfast. | 请给科林·贝尔法斯特留言 |
[20:19] | Hi, Colin, it’s Heidi. | 科林 我是海蒂 |
[20:20] | I just wanted to let you know | 我只是想告诉你 |
[20:22] | we had an unexpected visitor here today. | 今天来个一个不速之客 |
[20:26] | But I… managed the situation | 但我处理完了 |
[20:29] | and everything is… is fine. | 已经没事了 |
[20:30] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:50] | Heidi? | 海蒂 |
[20:51] | Walter, I just… | 沃特 我 |
[20:59] | Mrs. Morisseau. | 莫里索女士 |
[21:03] | You got what you wanted, didn’t you? | 如你所愿了 不是吗 |
[21:05] | Gloria. | 格罗瑞娅 |
[21:06] | I’m sorry, I just… | 对不起 我只是 |
[21:08] | It’s important to me. | 这对我很重要 |
[21:08] | Maybe if I explained more about our approach… | 如果我再解释一下我们的方法 |
[21:13] | I understand that, | 我明白 |
[21:14] | dealing with the government and the military, | 与政府和军队打交道 |
[21:16] | you don’t always feel like your son’s best interests are a priority. | 你会觉得他们不以你儿子的利益为先 |
[21:19] | They’re not. | 就是这样 |
[21:22] | I understand why you feel that way, | 我明白你为什么这么想 |
[21:23] | but my only intention here is to help Walter. | 但我在这的意图只是帮助沃特 |
[21:26] | – If you could just trust me… – Trust? | -如果你能信任我 -信任 |
[21:28] | I shouldn’t worry about what the military is doing with my son | 我不该担心军队对我儿子做什么 |
[21:31] | because you, Heidi Bergman, | 就因为你 海蒂·伯格曼 |
[21:34] | feel that your intentions are good. | 觉得你的意图是好的 |
[21:37] | Well, Walter chose to stay. | 沃特选择留下 |
[21:39] | It’s what he wants. | 这是他想要的 |
[21:40] | I think you should try to respect that. | 你应该尊重这一点 |
[21:42] | What he wants? | 他想要的 |
[21:43] | That hasn’t mattered since the day he enlisted. | 从他参军那天起 就不重要了 |
[21:47] | Well, he’s done with that. It’s different here. | 那种日子结束了 这里不一样 |
[21:49] | It’s no different, this place. | 这个地方没什么不同 |
[21:53] | Maybe you know that, or maybe you’ve convinced yourself | 也许你知道 也许你说服了自己 |
[21:56] | you’re serving a greater good. | 要成全大我 |
[21:59] | Maybe you care about Walter’s treatment. | 也许你关心沃特的治疗 |
[22:01] | Or maybe you just care about him. | 也许你只是关心他 |
[22:04] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[22:07] | If you think that you can protect him, | 如果你认为在这样的地方 |
[22:10] | or anyone else, in a place like this, | 你可以保护他 或者其他人 |
[22:14] | then you’re a fool. | 那你就是个傻子 |
[22:56] | So we have, um, one drink… | 我们四年后 |
[22:59] | – Yeah. – …after four years | -嗯 -喝了一杯 |
[23:00] | and he calls me the next day. | 然后他第二天打给了我 |
[23:03] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[23:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:06] | Uh, he said, uh… God, what did he say? | 他说 天啊 他说什么了 |
[23:11] | He said, “Oh, it’s the weirdest coincidence” | 他说 这也忒巧了吧 |
[23:14] | and, uh, he’s in my town | 他在我的镇上 |
[23:18] | and wants to know if he could stay at my place. | 问我能不能住我那 |
[23:21] | – No. – But just for a couple of days. | -不 -但只是几天 |
[23:23] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[23:24] | What did he mean? What did you do? | 他什么意思 你怎么回应的 |
[23:27] | I said, uh, | 我说 |
[23:28] | “Anthony, I’m-I’m really sorry, | 安东尼 真的很抱歉 |
[23:31] | but my mom won’t let me have sleepovers.” | 我妈不让我留人过夜 |
[23:35] | Which is true. | 这是真的 |
[23:37] | But wasn’t very nice. | 但不是很好 |
[23:38] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[23:40] | Anthony deserved it. | 安东尼是活该 |
[23:41] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[23:45] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧 |
[23:47] | Yeah, it’s my wife. | 嗯 是我妻子 |
[23:49] | My ex, sorry, my ex-wife. | 抱歉 我的前妻 |
[23:52] | Wants me to sign the divorce papers. | 要我在离婚协议上签字 |
[23:54] | Every time we talk, I make up another excuse. | 每次谈这个 我都会编一个借口 |
[23:59] | She thinks I’m still in Afghanistan. | 她以为我还在阿富汗 |
[24:10] | Do you ever get sick of it? | 你有没有厌倦过 |
[24:14] | What? | 什么 |
[24:15] | Just… lying like that? | 这样撒谎 |
[24:21] | Well, no. I mean, uh… | 没有 |
[24:23] | – I… – I mean, d… | -我 -那个 |
[24:24] | Don’t worry, I’m… I’m a liar, too. | 别担心 我也是个骗子 |
[24:29] | You. | 你 |
[24:31] | What… what do you lie about? | 你说什么谎 |
[24:34] | Just every day, I… | 每天 我 |
[24:38] | I go to work, I pretend to be this… | 去上班 就假装 |
[24:41] | this person, this waitress. | 扮成服务员 |
[24:43] | I serve people and I smile, | 为大家服务 微笑 |
[24:45] | and then I go home, and it’s the same thing. | 然后我回家 也是一样 |
[24:48] | I pretend to be a… a good daughter, | 假装是好女儿 |
[24:53] | and sometimes I convince myself… | 有时我说服自己 |
[24:57] | this is me, this is real. | 这就是我 这是真的 |
[25:06] | I know what you mean. | 我明白你的意思 |
[25:08] | Oh, but then I… | 但后来 我 |
[25:12] | like, I’ll be in my car, | 我在我的车里 |
[25:13] | or right when I wake up, | 或者醒来的时候 |
[25:17] | and it’s like I just appeared out of nowhere. | 感觉我会突然出现 |
[25:23] | I can just see my whole life. It’s phony and fake. | 我可以看到我的人生 都是假的 |
[25:26] | And every word that I say, every second… | 我说的每一句话 每一秒 |
[25:35] | I don’t know, but if it’s… that is a lie, | 我不知道 但如果那是个谎言 |
[25:39] | then where’s the other one, the real one? | 那另一个 真实的在哪 |
[25:43] | The real what? | 真实的什么 |
[25:46] | Me. | 我 |
[25:49] | The– The one I won’t let myself see. | 我不让自己看到的那个我 |
[26:03] | But then I start to think, what difference does it make? | 但后来我又想 这有什么区别呢 |
[26:07] | If we lie? | 撒谎吗 |
[26:09] | If we lie or tell the truth, or if it’s real or fake | 我们撒谎或者说实话 真的或者假的 |
[26:12] | or just… | 或只是 |
[26:14] | I just want to take it all and just… | 我只想接受一切 |
[26:18] | put it in one place and just say… | 放在一个地方 然后说 |
[26:22] | Fuck this? | 去它的 |
[26:23] | Yes. Exactly. | 没错 |
[26:25] | Fuck this. | 去它的 |
[26:37] | That’s not what you meant, is it? | 你不是这个意思吧 |
[26:38] | No, it isn’t. | 不是 |
[26:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:36] | Hello. | 您好 |
[27:37] | You have reached the Department of Defense complaint hotline. | 这里是国防部投诉热线 |
[27:41] | Please begin after the beep. | 请在哔声之后开始留言 |
[27:44] | Hello, yes, | 你好 |
[27:47] | I do have a complaint. | 我要投诉 |
[27:55] | This is– | 我 |
[27:57] | I was just now at the Homecoming building. | 我刚才在归途的大楼 |
[28:02] | In fact, I can say this. | 其实可以这么说 |
[28:04] | I work there at the facility. I am on the staff. | 我在那工作 是那的员工 |
[28:09] | And I have seen something. | 我看到了一些东西 |
[28:12] | One of the soldiers, Walter Cruz, | 其中一个士兵 沃特·克鲁兹 |
[28:15] | he wants to leave, he wants to go home, | 他想离开 想回家 |
[28:17] | but they won’t let him. | 但他们不允许 |
[28:21] | It’s against– | 这有悖 |
[28:23] | He’s being held here, | 他被关在了这里 |
[28:26] | and so he needs to be sent home right away. | 必须立刻送他回家 |
[28:36] | Or… or I don’t know what will happen. | 不然我不知道会发生什么 |
[29:48] | I’m tired of it. | 我厌倦了 |
[29:51] | Of what? | 厌倦什么 |
[29:54] | Lying. | 说谎 |
[29:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:02] | I think I did something… something wrong, | 我好像做错了什么 |
[30:06] | and I don’t know what it is. | 我不知道是什么 |
[30:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:21] | Let’s figure it out. | 我们来弄清楚吧 |