时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Hey, babe, babe, babe, check it out. | 亲爱的 快看看这个 |
[00:06] | The biggest one they had. | 店里最大的一只 |
[00:09] | 23 pounds. | 23磅 |
[00:12] | There’s gonna be so much leftover turkey, | 肯定会剩下很多火鸡 |
[00:14] | I’m gonna be sleepy for weeks. | 我能食困好几周了 |
[00:17] | Well, put it back. | 放回去 |
[00:18] | There’s only four of us, | 我们就四个人 |
[00:19] | and I’m not cooking that big-ass turkey. | 我才不做那么大只的火鸡 |
[00:21] | Where’s your Thanksgiving spirit, babe? | 你的感恩节精神呢 宝贝 |
[00:23] | I’ll tell you where. | 我告诉你在哪 |
[00:24] | Out on your brother’s boat, | 在你兄弟的船上 |
[00:26] | with the rest of your family. | 和你其他家人在一起 |
[00:27] | You know what, I don’t care if he invited us. | 知道吗 我不在乎他有没有邀请咱们 |
[00:30] | I’m done letting Curtis throw his lotto money in my face. | 我受够了柯蒂斯总跟我嘚瑟彩票奖金 |
[00:33] | He wouldn’t even never won | 要不是我停在那个 |
[00:35] | if I wouldn’t have stopped at that gas station | 加油站给老妈买百事可乐 |
[00:36] | to get Mama a Pepsi. | 他根本赢不了钱 |
[00:39] | Look, I thought I was gonna have the day off. | 我以为我能休天假的 |
[00:41] | Just get a smaller one, | 去拿只小的 |
[00:42] | and stop trying to make me cook a pterodactyl. | 别总想弄只翼龙让我料理 |
[00:45] | Fine. How big? | 好吧 多大呢 |
[00:47] | Let’s go with 12 pounds. | 要只12磅的吧 |
[00:48] | 12 pounds? What the rest of y’all gonna eat? | 12磅 那你们几个吃什么 |
[00:53] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[00:57] | Hi, Tina. | 缇娜 |
[00:58] | Oh, hey, guys. What’s up? | 你们好啊 |
[01:00] | Ooh, looks like you’re stocking up for the big day, huh? | 看来你在为节日扫货 |
[01:02] | So, you have a bunch of family coming over? | 会有很多亲朋好友来吗 |
[01:04] | No, just Calvin and the boys sitting on the couch | 没有 就卡尔文和俩儿子长在沙发上 |
[01:06] | while I cook my butt off in the kitchen, | 我在厨房里做饭 |
[01:09] | sweating over a stove, you know, alone. | 独自守着烤箱挥汗如雨 |
[01:11] | A holiday. | 过节嘛 |
[01:13] | Well, if that’s the case, | 要是这样的话 |
[01:14] | you should just come to our house. | 你们就来我们家吧 |
[01:15] | – Right, Gemma? – I’d love that. | -对吧 杰玛 -太好了 |
[01:17] | Well, are you sure? I don’t want to impose. | 真的吗 我可不想勉强 |
[01:19] | Come on, it’ll be fun. The men can watch football, | 肯定很好玩的 男人们可以看球 |
[01:21] | and you can keep me company while I do all the cooking. | 我来下厨 你陪着我就行 |
[01:23] | Okay, great, we’re coming. | 行 太好了 我们去 |
[01:26] | Awesome. We’ll see you Thursday around noon? | 完美 那周四中午见 |
[01:27] | – Are you sure I can’t bring anything? – We’re sure. | -我真的什么都不用带吗 -真的 |
[01:30] | Good. That’s the answer I was looking for. | 好的 我就盼着你这么回答了 |
[01:34] | Hey, babe. | 宝贝 |
[01:34] | – Yeah? – Sorry. | -怎么了 -抱歉 |
[01:36] | They didn’t have any 12-pounders, | 他们没有12磅的 |
[01:38] | so I just rounded up to a 20. | 我四舍五入到20磅了 |
[01:41] | Well, put it back, ’cause we’re going to the Johnsons’. | 放回去吧 我们去强森家 |
[01:44] | The Johnsons’? | 强森家 |
[01:45] | – You joking, right, Tina? – Nope. | -你开玩笑吧 缇娜 -没有 |
[01:47] | I had to fight two people to get this turkey. | 我从俩人手里抢来的火鸡 |
[01:48] | One lady threw her dentures at me. | 一位女士都冲我扔假牙了 |
[01:50] | Ooh, there she is right there. | 她就在那 |
[02:03] | Gemma, I have terrible news. | 杰玛 我有个坏消息 |
[02:04] | I just got off the phone with my mother. | 我刚跟我妈通完电话 |
[02:06] | Oh, no, did something happen to her? | 不会吧 她出什么事了 |
[02:08] | Worse. She’s coming for Thanksgiving. | 更糟 她感恩节要来 |
[02:11] | What? | 什么 |
[02:11] | I thought she was going to your Aunt Gail’s. | 我以为她会去你盖尔姨妈家 |
[02:13] | Well, yeah, apparently they got into a fight | 很明显她们吵架了 |
[02:15] | over which is better, NCIS | 争论哪个剧更好看 《海军罪案调查处》 |
[02:17] | or NCIS: Los Angeles. | 还是《海军罪案调查处 洛杉矶》 |
[02:21] | And now she’s coming here instead. | 然后她就改来咱家了 |
[02:23] | But why is it bad that Grammy’s coming? | 为什么奶奶来是坏事 |
[02:25] | Oh it’s not bad, Grover. It’s terrible. | 不是坏事 葛罗弗 是坏透了 |
[02:27] | Dave! | 戴夫 |
[02:30] | Look, you know that nobody loves Grammy more than I do, | 你知道的 我比任何人都爱你奶奶 |
[02:33] | but… she’s getting a little bit older | 不过她上年纪了 |
[02:35] | and she comes from a small town and, well, | 而且来自一个小城镇 |
[02:39] | you know how we tell you that there are things | 你知道我们怎么跟你说的 有些事 |
[02:41] | that people might think but should never, ever say? | 人们也许会想 但却永远不能说出口 |
[02:44] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[02:45] | Grammy doesn’t believe that’s true. | 奶奶觉得并非如此 |
[02:48] | Hey, buddy. Can I talk to Mommy alone for a minute? | 宝贝 能让我单独跟你妈说两句吗 |
[02:51] | Are you gonna tell her something about Grammy | 你是要跟她说关于奶奶的事吗 |
[02:53] | that you think but shouldn’t say? | 就是只能想想不该说出口的 |
[02:55] | Yes. | 对 |
[02:59] | Gemma, what are we gonna do? | 杰玛 我们怎么办 |
[03:01] | We have to uninvite the Butlers. | 我们没法邀请巴特勒一家了 |
[03:03] | Sweetie, it’s the day before Thanksgiving; that’d be rude. | 亲爱的 明天就是感恩节 这样太无礼了 |
[03:06] | Ruder than my mom? | 比我妈还无礼 |
[03:07] | Remember when she went off on that lady | 你还记得她因为我们需要”筑墙” |
[03:09] | about how we need to “build the wall”? | 冲那位女士发脾气吗 |
[03:13] | Yes, I do. | 记得 |
[03:14] | We had to start going to a different Taco Bell. | 我们不得不另选一家塔可钟了 |
[03:19] | Gemma, she is going to ruin Thanksgiving, I know it. | 杰玛 她肯定会毁了感恩节 我肯定 |
[03:22] | Sweetie, I know you get embarrassed by your mom, | 亲爱的 我知道你老妈让你尴尬 |
[03:24] | but she’s an adult. | 不过她是成人了 |
[03:25] | You’re not in charge of her behavior. | 你不能控制她的行为 |
[03:26] | And what if she says something offensive to the Butlers? | 那万一她冒犯巴特勒一家怎么办 |
[03:29] | You know, Calvin and I are starting | 我和卡尔文刚开始 |
[03:30] | to become such good friends. | 成为要好的朋友 |
[03:34] | I know. But you know what? | 我明白 不过知道吗 |
[03:36] | Maybe it’s a good thing she’s coming. | 也许她来也是好事 |
[03:37] | You always say the reason she’s the way she is | 你总说她之所以为人如此 |
[03:39] | is because she only knows people just like her. | 是因为她只认识跟她一样的人 |
[03:41] | We can help change that. | 我们可以帮她改变这点 |
[03:43] | Okay, you know, m-maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[03:45] | You know, maybe this is a chance | 也许能借这个机会 |
[03:47] | for us to broaden her horizons. | 帮她打开眼界 |
[03:49] | – To introduce her to a new spectrum of people. – Exactly. | -给她引荐不同圈子的人 -没错 |
[03:52] | Grammy wants to know how often there are riots around here. | 奶奶想知道咱们这发生暴乱的频率 |
[03:56] | Oh, no… | 不 |
[03:59] | Can I uninvite them now? | 我现在能取消对他们的邀请了吗 |
[04:01] | Why are you still standing here? | 你怎么还站着不动 |
[04:04] | I cannot believe that we’re going | 真不敢相信我们 |
[04:05] | to the Johnsons’ for Thanksgiving. | 要去强森家过感恩节 |
[04:08] | I mean, since we weren’t going to my brother Curtis’s, | 自从我们不用去我兄弟柯蒂斯家 |
[04:11] | I thought I could finally start my own Thanksgiving traditions. | 我以为终于能自己给感恩节树立传统了 |
[04:14] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[04:15] | Like not going to the Johnsons’. | 比如不去强森家 |
[04:20] | Well, I plan on laying around | 我计划闲着 |
[04:22] | while somebody else worries about the cooking. | 让别人忙活下厨的事 |
[04:25] | Feels good to be a man. | 当男人感觉真好 |
[04:29] | – Hey, Calvin. – Come on in, man. | -卡尔文 -进来吧 |
[04:31] | Hey, I wanted to talk to you guys about tomorrow. | 我得跟你们说下明天的事 |
[04:34] | I’m not wearing a pilgrim’s hat, Dave. | 我可不戴朝圣帽 戴夫 |
[04:36] | Well, good news: you won’t have to | 好消息 你们不用戴 |
[04:38] | because I’m here to, um, uninvite you. | 因为我是来取消邀请的 |
[04:42] | What? | 什么 |
[04:42] | My man, Dave! | 好兄弟 戴夫 |
[04:44] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[04:45] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[04:47] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[04:48] | What do you mean, you’re uninviting us? | 你什么意思 取消邀请 |
[04:49] | Come on, it doesn’t matter, Tina. You know? | 没关系了 缇娜 |
[04:51] | We already hugged it out and everything; a deal’s a deal. | 我们已经拥抱过了 说到就要做到 |
[04:54] | Oh, no. Wait, wait, wait. | 不对 等等 等等 |
[04:55] | Wait, where you going? No, no. | 等下 你要去哪儿 不准走 |
[04:56] | I want to know what happened. | 我想知道究竟是怎么回事 |
[04:58] | Well, as it turns out, my mom is surprising us | 我妈给我们来了个意外惊喜 |
[05:00] | and flying in from Michigan and, uh… | 要从密歇根飞过来 |
[05:03] | she can be kind of a handful. | 她比较麻烦 |
[05:06] | What do you mean, she’s a handful? | 她比较麻烦是什么意思 |
[05:07] | Now, Tina, Tina. The lady’s a handful. | 缇娜 缇娜 那位女士比较麻烦 |
[05:10] | What else do you need to know? Come on. | 知道这个就够了 过来 |
[05:12] | Well, look, it just, it’s… | 就是 只是 |
[05:14] | You know, she’s from a small town, | 她是从小地方来的 |
[05:15] | she’s kind of old-school, | 很守旧 |
[05:16] | she can be pretty conservative. | 还非常保守 |
[05:18] | Oh, she’s racist. | 她有种族歧视 |
[05:21] | No, she-she’s not racist, | 不是 她没有种族歧视 |
[05:23] | she just says things most people know not to | 她只是会说一些大多数人不会说的话 |
[05:25] | because they’re horribly offensive. | 因为他们知道那样非常无礼 |
[05:27] | So she’s like Calvin. | 那就和卡尔文一样了 |
[05:31] | How am I offensive? | 我怎么无礼了 |
[05:32] | I mean, you’re not offensive as a person, | 你不是个无礼的人 |
[05:34] | but you know, it’s, it’s just your words | 但是 你的表达方式 |
[05:37] | and your tone | 你的语气 |
[05:38] | and your opinions. | 还有你的观点 |
[05:41] | I just tell the truth, Tina. | 我只是实话实说 缇娜 |
[05:44] | It’s not my fault | 这又不是我的错 |
[05:44] | that a bunch of little crybabies can’t handle it. | 有些人受不了 动不动就哭鼻子 |
[05:47] | That’s actually how my mom started | 我妈去年的圣诞信 |
[05:49] | her Christmas letter last year. | 开头就是这么写的 |
[05:52] | Listen, baby, I’m not trying to make you feel bad, | 宝贝 我不是想让你觉得不好受 |
[05:53] | but you know you are not gonna | 但是你的确不能和 |
[05:55] | be able to be around somebody like Dave’s mom. | 戴夫他妈那样的人共处一室 |
[05:57] | So, I guess I’ll be doing the cooking this year after all. | 看来我今年还是得自己做饭啊 |
[06:02] | T-Tina, no. You know what? | 缇娜 不用 |
[06:04] | No, you sit back and relax. | 不用 你就坐着休息 |
[06:06] | You’re gonna get that day off that you deserve. | 那天你就歇着好了 |
[06:09] | No. No, no, no. | 不行 不行 |
[06:12] | We agreed; we hugged and everything. | 我们说好的 已经拥抱过了 |
[06:15] | Sorry, Dave. | 很抱歉 戴夫 |
[06:17] | I reject your uninvite. | 我拒绝你的取消邀请 |
[06:21] | We’re coming to your house for Thanksgiving. | 我们感恩节就去你家过 |
[06:23] | Calvin, what about my mom? | 卡尔文 那我妈怎么办 |
[06:26] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[06:27] | You know, like I always say, | 我总是说 |
[06:28] | when they go low, I go high. | 他们没底线 我还有节操 |
[06:30] | That’s right, that’s right. | 说得好 说得好 |
[06:32] | And that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. | 到时候我也会这样做 |
[06:35] | No matter what your backwoods, | 不管你原始落后的 |
[06:37] | whitebread, hillbilly-ass mama has to say. | 乡巴佬老妈会说些什么 |
[06:42] | I can’t believe this weather. | 这个天气真是太意外了 |
[06:44] | In November! | 十一月份了 |
[06:46] | It’s nice, isn’t it? | 很不错 是吧 |
[06:47] | Grover can play outside all year round. | 葛罗弗一年到头都可以在外面玩 |
[06:50] | That’s wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[06:51] | Makes you wonder why people are always | 我很好奇为什么还有人 |
[06:53] | shooting each other out here. | 会在这开枪 |
[06:57] | People shoot each other out here? | 这里会有人开枪吗 |
[06:58] | All the time, honey. | 经常的事 宝贝 |
[07:02] | Mom, that’s-that’s not true. | 妈 不是这样的 |
[07:04] | It is according to my news channel. | 都是从我的新闻频道看到的 |
[07:05] | Well, not according to mine. | 我看的不这么说 |
[07:07] | You should really try to watch more than one of them. | 你真的应该多看几个频道 |
[07:10] | Fine. How many do you watch? | 那你看了几个频道 |
[07:11] | Well, uh, one. | 一个 |
[07:16] | I brought cookies. | 我带了曲奇饼干 |
[07:19] | Buddy, just-just one, okay? | 就一块 好不好 |
[07:20] | We have dinner later. | 我们一会要吃晚饭了 |
[07:21] | Your daddy could never stop at just one. | 你爸总是一吃就停不下来 |
[07:25] | In middle school, we had to shop in the husky section. | 上中学那会 他只能买特别尺码 |
[07:30] | Oh, but look at that chiseled, handsome face now. | 但是你看现在 英俊威武 |
[07:34] | Oh, baby, your skin is dry. | 宝贝 你皮肤太干了 |
[07:36] | Are you using moisturizer? | 你不用保湿霜吗 |
[07:37] | Y-Yes, Mom, I’m sufficiently moist. | 我用 妈 我现在湿度刚好 |
[07:41] | Well, I hope it has SPF, | 最好有防晒效果 |
[07:43] | because if it doesn’t have SPF, | 要是没防晒的话 |
[07:44] | you’re gonna end up with cancer | 你最后可能会得癌症 |
[07:46] | just like your Uncle John. | 和你舅舅约翰一样 |
[07:47] | I didn’t know Uncle John has cancer. | 我都不知道约翰舅舅得了癌症 |
[07:49] | He had to get his ear removed. | 他的耳朵都被割掉了 |
[07:53] | But it went fine, he had a Jewish doctor. | 但是一切顺利 他找了个犹太医生 |
[07:56] | Mom… “A Jewish doctor”? | 妈 “犹太医生”吗 |
[07:58] | Yes. Everyone knows they’re the best. | 是啊 大家都知道他们技术最好 |
[08:01] | Although, I now hear the Indian ones are catching up. | 不过我听说现在印度的也很不错了 |
[08:05] | Hey, Grammy, look. | 奶奶 你看 |
[08:06] | There’s my school. | 到我的学校了 |
[08:08] | The school is pretty great. | 这个学校很不错 |
[08:09] | Gemma is doing an amazing job. | 杰玛的工作非常出色 |
[08:11] | You know, she just implemented a new curriculum | 她刚开了一门新的课程 |
[08:13] | that teaches the kids empathy. | 培养小孩的共情能力 |
[08:15] | Oh, good for her. Oh, yeah. | 不错嘛 |
[08:17] | The kids have the rest of their lives | 那些小孩子还有一辈子的时间 |
[08:19] | to learn things like reading and math. | 学习阅读和数学这些东西 |
[08:21] | Well, they teach those things, too. | 他们学校也会教那些课 |
[08:24] | Oh, I’m sure they do. | 他们当然会了 |
[08:26] | Grover. Can you tell me the capital of Michigan? | 葛罗弗 你知道密歇根的首府是哪里吗 |
[08:30] | Sure. | 当然 |
[08:31] | Siri, what is the capital of Michigan? | Siri 密歇根的首府是哪里 |
[08:34] | Lansing is the capital of Michigan. | 密歇根的首府是兰辛 |
[08:37] | Well, at least he has empathy. | 至少他还有共情能力 |
[08:41] | Hey, I’m sorry, Pop, but there’s no way | 爸 很抱歉 你跟戴夫的妈妈 |
[08:42] | you’re not fighting with Dave’s mom. | 肯定会有一场恶战了 |
[08:44] | I know. A proud black patriarch going toe-to-toe | 骄傲的黑人族长直面 |
[08:46] | with a loudmouth Midwestern grandma? | 美国中西部大嘴巴老女人 |
[08:48] | Man, that should be a pay-per-view match. | 可以做付费点播的竞赛节目了 |
[08:51] | Or at least a Tyler Perry movie. | 或者至少是泰勒·派瑞的电影 |
[08:55] | Well, prepare to be disappointed. | 等着失望吧 |
[08:57] | Because I’m not gonna do anything to ruin your mother’s holiday. | 因为我不会影响你妈假期的好心情 |
[09:01] | Trust me, boys. | 相信我 小子们 |
[09:02] | You got to respect the mamas. | 母亲们是值得尊重的 |
[09:04] | Listen to your father; he’s right. | 听你爸的 他说得对 |
[09:07] | ‘Cause he knows if he ruins this day for me, | 因为他知道如果他要毁了我的假日 |
[09:10] | I’m leaving him for your Uncle Curtis and his boat. | 我就要离开他投奔你们柯蒂斯叔叔和他的船了 |
[09:14] | Come on, girl. | 得了吧 |
[09:15] | You know you can’t leave all this. Come on, now. | 你知道你放不下的 少来了 |
[09:20] | So, this is where you used to live | 这里是你以前住的地方 |
[09:24] | and this is where you live now. | 这里是你现在住的地方 |
[09:27] | Far, far away from me. | 离我很远 很远 |
[09:34] | I miss seeing you all the time. | 我一直都很想你 |
[09:37] | I know honey. | 我知道 亲爱的 |
[09:38] | But this is where your mom and dad decided to move. | 但你爸妈决定要搬到这来 |
[09:42] | For reasons maybe they can explain to both of us. | 或许他们能解释一下 |
[09:47] | Hey, Grover, can you go help Mommy in the kitchen? | 葛罗弗 你能不能去厨房帮下妈妈 |
[09:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:50] | What’s the capital of North Dakota? | 北达科他州的首府在哪 |
[09:52] | Bismarck. | 俾斯麦[德意志帝国首任宰相] |
[09:55] | You’ll thank me when he gets into college. | 等他上大学了你会感谢我的 |
[10:00] | Mom, listen; before our neighbors get here, | 妈 在我们邻居来之前 |
[10:02] | I just want to talk to you about maybe being careful | 我想跟你说说 可能你应该 |
[10:05] | with some of the things that you say. | 多注意一下自己的言辞 |
[10:08] | Is this because they’re black? | 因为他们是黑人吗 |
[10:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:14] | And-and you’re afraid I’m going to say something rude. | 你担心我会说出一些冒犯的话 |
[10:17] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[10:19] | – Because they’re always so sensitive… – No. | -因为他们总是很玻璃心 -不是 |
[10:21] | No, Mom. No. | 不 妈 不是的 |
[10:25] | It’ll be fine, David, I promise you. | 没事的 戴维德 我保证 |
[10:27] | You don’t have to treat me like I’m a child. | 不要把我当成小孩子 |
[10:29] | Okay, you know what? You’re right, Mom. | 你说得对 妈 |
[10:31] | – I’m-I’m sorry. – Honestly. | -很抱歉 -说真的 |
[10:33] | It’s like you think I don’t know how to talk to the blacks. | 感觉你觉得我不知道怎么跟黑人说话一样 |
[10:49] | Mom, how can you not know that it’s wrong | 妈 你怎么会不知道 |
[10:51] | to refer to black people as “the blacks”? | 称黑人为”黑人”是不对的 |
[10:53] | You live in Michigan, not the 1950s. | 你生活在密歇根 不是五十年代 |
[10:58] | You kids are so darn politically correct these days. | 你们这些孩子现在真是很政治正确 |
[11:01] | It’s like everyone’s so worried about each other’s feelings. | 就好像大家都很担心别人的感受 |
[11:04] | You say that like it’s a bad thing. | 你说得好像这是件坏事一样 |
[11:08] | I’m sure they didn’t even hear me, | 他们肯定没听见 |
[11:09] | and if they did they would’ve said something. | 要是他们听见了肯定会说点什么的 |
[11:12] | I can’t believe you didn’t say something. | 不敢相信你没说点什么 |
[11:16] | I love your mother very much. | 我很爱你们的妈妈 |
[11:19] | I can’t believe she really said that. | 不敢相信她真的这么说 |
[11:21] | I can. | 我信 |
[11:25] | What I can’t believe is that Calvin didn’t lose his cool. | 我不敢相信的是卡尔文居然没有情绪失控 |
[11:28] | Well, if I were you, I would’ve turned right around and left. | 如果我是你 我直接转身就走了 |
[11:31] | Are you kidding? | 你在说笑吗 |
[11:32] | I’m sipping wine while a white lady and her son cook for me. | 我喝着酒 白人女性和她儿子在给我做饭 |
[11:38] | If my ancestors could see me now, they’d be like, | 如果我的祖先看见我现在的样子 他们会说 |
[11:42] | “Look at you, Tina. You go, girl!” | “出息了 缇娜 加油 妹子” |
[11:47] | Okay, I have everyone’s drinks. | 大家的酒水来了 |
[11:53] | Damn, Dave, these are strong. | 戴夫 这酒这么带劲 |
[11:59] | Yeah, I thought I’d get ahead of it and numb everyone’s pain. | 我想着要抢先一步 麻木大家的痛苦 |
[12:06] | So, I want to know more about all of you. | 我想多了解一下你们 |
[12:09] | Marty, right? | 你是马蒂对吧 |
[12:10] | What do you do? | 你是做什么的 |
[12:11] | Oh, I’m an engineer at JPL. | 我是JPL的工程师 |
[12:13] | Oh, what’s that? A-A rap radio station? | 那是什么 饶舌电台吗 |
[12:20] | Mom, JPL stands for Jet Propulsion Laboratory. | 妈 JPL是喷气推进实验室 |
[12:23] | That’s right. I work on the satellites. | 对 我是研究卫星的 |
[12:25] | That’s impressive. | 真厉害 |
[12:27] | You must have gone to an excellent school. | 你一定上了所好大学 |
[12:28] | I did. USC. | 是的 南加州大学 |
[12:30] | In fact, Marty had a full scholarship. | 事实上 马蒂还拿了全额奖学金 |
[12:34] | So does that mean you were an athlete? | 这么说你之前是运动员了 |
[12:38] | Paula. | 宝拉 |
[12:39] | Can I, can I call you Paula? | 能这么称呼你吗 |
[12:41] | Assuming that Marty was an athlete | 因为马蒂是黑人而且上了大学 |
[12:44] | because he’s black and went to college, | 就觉得他是运动员 |
[12:46] | well, some people might consider that a stereotype. | 有些人可能会觉得这是一种刻板印象 |
[12:49] | Oh, really? It just seems that every athlete | 真的吗 只是我在电视上看到的 |
[12:52] | I see on my TV is black. | 运动员好像都是黑人 |
[12:57] | Should’ve made these stronger. | 应该把酒再调烈一点 |
[13:01] | I mean, Paula, I mean, clearly you must know | 宝拉 你肯定知道 |
[13:04] | that not every black man is an athlete. | 不是所有黑人都是运动员 |
[13:07] | Marty’s scholarship was for his academic achievements. | 马蒂的奖学金是为了奖励他在学术上的成就 |
[13:11] | A-A-And what about you, Malcolm, | 那你呢 马尔科姆 |
[13:13] | did you also get an academic scholarship? | 你也拿了学术奖学金吗 |
[13:15] | Nope. | 没有 |
[13:19] | I was an athlete. | 我之前是个运动员 |
[13:23] | Just like the ones you see on TV. | 就像你在电视上看到的那种 |
[13:27] | He’s unemployed, too. | 他还没有工作 |
[13:33] | So, Calvin, I couldn’t help but notice your truck outside. | 卡尔文 我看到你家门口的货车了 |
[13:37] | I mean, it is beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[13:38] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:39] | Do you do the maintenance yourself? | 你自己做的保养吗 |
[13:42] | Yeah, you know, I’ve been taking care of her | 是的 自从我爸有了这辆车后 |
[13:43] | ever since she belonged to my father. | 一直都是我在照顾她 |
[13:45] | Oh, that’s great. You know, us Michiganders, | 太棒了 我们密歇根人 |
[13:49] | I mean, we love anyone who knows his way around a car. | 会摆弄车的人我们都很喜欢 |
[13:53] | And you know what? I’ll drink to that. | 敬你这句话 |
[13:55] | Here, here, here. | 干杯 |
[13:57] | You know, in fact, | 事实上 |
[13:58] | my very first boyfriend, he was also a grease monkey. | 我第一任男友 他也是个油猴子[修理工] |
[14:03] | I-I-I ain’t gonna be able to do this. | 我受不了了 |
[14:05] | Dad, remember, remember, respect the mamas. | 爸 记住 记住 尊敬母亲们 |
[14:10] | Calvin, I’m-I’m sorry. Mom. | 卡尔文 很抱歉 妈 |
[14:13] | You cannot call Calvin a monkey. | 你不能叫卡尔文猴子 |
[14:15] | It is an incredibly offensive term. | 这是个很不友好的词 |
[14:18] | I didn’t call him a monkey. | 我没叫他猴子 |
[14:20] | I called him a grease monkey. | 我说他是油猴子 |
[14:23] | They’re two totally different things. | 不是一回事 |
[14:25] | Not the way you say it. | 从你嘴里说出来感觉是一回事了 |
[14:28] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[14:30] | I think I’m gonna go outside and get some evening air. | 我要出门去吹吹傍晚的凉风 |
[14:34] | – It’s only 12:30. – I know what damn time it is, Malcolm. | -才12点半 -我知道几点 马尔科姆 |
[14:41] | Mom, you need to go outside and apologize to Calvin. | 妈 你得出去跟卡尔文道歉 |
[14:44] | For what? | 为什么 |
[14:45] | Well, for calling him a grease monkey. | 因为你叫他油猴子 |
[14:47] | Now, I know you may not have meant it that way, | 我知道你可能没有冒犯的意思 |
[14:49] | but it is still incredibly offensive. | 但你的话还是很无礼 |
[14:52] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:53] | If that’s what’ll make you happy. | 如果这能让你满意 |
[14:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:57] | But, honestly, you people can be so sensitive. | 不过老实说 你们这些人还真是玻璃心 |
[15:04] | We should do this every year. | 我们应该每年都来他家做客 |
[15:08] | Calvin, | 卡尔文 |
[15:10] | I owe you an apology. | 我要向你道歉 |
[15:11] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:12] | But if you ask me, I think you’re overreacting. | 但要我说 我觉得你反应过度了 |
[15:15] | You think I’m overreacting? | 你觉得我反应过度了 |
[15:16] | After all that stuff you said in there? | 你在里面都那么说了 |
[15:19] | You mean about thinking Marty was an athlete? | 因为我觉得马蒂是个运动员吗 |
[15:21] | Why is that such a crime? | 这怎么还成罪过了 |
[15:23] | Please, let’s not start talking about crime. | 拜托 别讨论罪过[犯罪] |
[15:26] | Let me tell you why, Paula. | 我告诉你为什么 宝拉 |
[15:28] | Because everything you think you know about black people | 因为你对黑人的认知 |
[15:30] | is a stereotype. | 都是刻板印象 |
[15:32] | Oh, maybe, but in my experience, | 也许吧 但根据我的经验 |
[15:34] | most stereotypes are rooted in the truth. | 大多数刻板印象都是基于事实 |
[15:37] | Here I am standing right here in front of you | 我就站在你面前 |
[15:39] | telling you that they’re not, yet you won’t listen. | 告诉你不是 但你不听 |
[15:43] | Oh, I listen. | 我听了 |
[15:44] | Yeah, to fake news. | 听了假新闻 |
[15:46] | You listen to fake news. | 你听的才是假新闻 |
[15:48] | Oh, no, yours is faker. | 不 你的更假 |
[15:49] | No, I’m sorry, yours is much faker. | 不 抱歉 你的假多了 |
[15:53] | Will you both please shut up? | 你们俩都闭嘴吧 |
[15:57] | Did he just tell his mother to shut up? | 他叫他妈闭嘴了 |
[16:01] | Did he just tell Calvin to shut up? | 他叫卡尔文闭嘴了 |
[16:05] | I’m done joking. | 不开玩笑了 |
[16:07] | I’m-a sell this to pay-per-view. | 我要把这个卖到付费点播网站上 |
[16:10] | You need to stay out of this, Dave. | 戴夫 你别管 |
[16:12] | We’re just having a conversation. | 我们只是在聊天 |
[16:14] | She just saying what she thinks. | 她只是在陈述自己的想法 |
[16:15] | Yes, but what she thinks is awful. | 但她的想法很糟糕 |
[16:18] | I have a right to my opinions. Don’t talk about me like that. | 我有权发表自己的意见 不许这么说我 |
[16:22] | Oh, you mean like the way you talk about other people? | 就像你说别人一样吗 |
[16:24] | It’s like you don’t care if what you say hurts them. | 你好像一点都不在乎伤害别人的感受 |
[16:27] | You know, that’s exactly what I was trying to say, Paula. | 我就是这意思 宝拉 |
[16:30] | Everyone’s just so sensitive these days. | 现在的人都太玻璃心了 |
[16:33] | You know, I can actually agree with you about that. | 这点我同意 |
[16:37] | Yes, Mom, it’s everyone else’s fault for being so sensitive. | 没错 妈 都怪别人玻璃心 |
[16:41] | It’s probably from teaching empathy. | 都怪学校教的共情课程 |
[16:45] | I don’t understand, Mom, | 我不明白 妈 |
[16:47] | how someone who I love so much, | 我这么爱的一个人 |
[16:51] | who I know deep down is a good person, | 我知道她内心深处是一个好人 |
[16:53] | can say such ignorant and embarrassing things as you. | 为什么能说出这么无知而且丢人的话 |
[17:00] | I’m sorry you feel that way about your mother. | 原来你这么看待你的母亲 我很抱歉 |
[17:05] | Now if you’ll excuse me… | 失陪了 |
[17:08] | Oh, shoot, here she comes! | 不好 她进来了 |
[17:16] | I’m sorry if I offended any of you. | 如果我冒犯了你们 我道歉 |
[17:18] | That was never my intention. | 我没有恶意 |
[17:20] | So, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go pack my bags. | 失陪一下 我去收拾行李了 |
[17:24] | Wait, no, no, no, no, no. Paula, Paula, please don’t leave. | 等等 不不 宝拉 请别走 |
[17:26] | You’re family. | 你是家人 |
[17:27] | Yeah, Grammy, I don’t want you to go. | 奶奶 我不想让你走 |
[17:31] | I know, honey, but clearly | 我知道 宝贝 但很明显 |
[17:34] | your father doesn’t want me here, so… | 你父亲不希望我在这里 |
[17:37] | I guess now we know why you moved so far away. | 我现在知道你们为什么搬到这么远的地方了 |
[17:43] | Dave, | 戴夫 |
[17:44] | you can’t talk to your mother like that. | 你不能这样跟你母亲说话 |
[17:46] | You need to chill, man. | 你得冷静一下 |
[17:47] | Are you really defending her? | 你还帮她说话 |
[17:49] | Oh, I’ll do more than that. | 不止 |
[17:50] | If she wanted to whup you, I would hold you down. | 如果她想揍你 我会按住你的 |
[17:54] | She’s just speaking her mind, man. | 她只是在发表自己的看法 |
[17:56] | It’s not her fault that she is wildly misinformed. | 被误导不是她的错 |
[18:02] | Misinformed? She’s worse than misinformed. | 误导 这比误导严重多了 |
[18:04] | Yeah, well, at least with her you know where you stand. | 至少在她面前 你知道你的立场 |
[18:08] | Yes, and because of that, I wore a T-shirt in the pool | 就因为这样 我18岁以前在泳池游泳 |
[18:11] | until I was 18 years old. | 都得穿T恤 |
[18:15] | Trust me, Dave, you’re better off knowing what someone thinks. | 相信我 戴夫 知道别人怎么想是件好事 |
[18:19] | It’s when you don’t is when they could sneak up on you. | 如果不知道 就会在不经意间受到伤害 |
[18:23] | When who sneaks up on you? | 受到谁的伤害 |
[18:25] | The people that can hurt you most. | 能伤你最深的人 |
[18:28] | Like a son telling his mom she embarrasses him. | 比如儿子告诉妈妈 她让他丢人了 |
[18:31] | Yeah, but she does. | 但她是很丢人啊 |
[18:32] | It doesn’t matter. She gave you life, man. | 无所谓 她赋予了你生命 |
[18:36] | She deserves your respect. | 你应该尊重她 |
[18:38] | Look, Paula is who she is, she’s not gonna change. | 宝拉已经这么大岁数了 她不会改变了 |
[18:42] | But she’s also not gonna be around forever. | 但她也不会永远陪在你身边 |
[18:46] | And when she’s not? | 等她不在了 |
[18:47] | I don’t care how much she embarrasses you, | 不管她怎么给你丢人 |
[18:50] | you gonna miss her like you never missed anybody before. | 你都会非常想念她的 |
[18:56] | Sounds like you know what you’re talking about. | 看来你感触良多啊 |
[18:59] | I do. I miss my mother every day. | 是啊 我每天都很想我妈 |
[19:04] | When did she pass? | 她什么时候去世的 |
[19:06] | Oh, she didn’t pass. | 她没去世 |
[19:10] | No, she just travels around the world with my brother, Curtis. | 她和我兄弟柯蒂斯环游世界呢 |
[19:14] | He has to buy her love. | 他要用钱来获取她的爱 |
[19:19] | Well, now I feel like a jerk. | 我觉得自己好混蛋 |
[19:20] | Well, look, you’ll be fine, man. | 没事的 |
[19:23] | Just go in there and apologize, | 进去道歉吧 |
[19:26] | let her know she’s the most important woman in your life, | 让她知道她是你生命中最重要的女人 |
[19:29] | and that you’ll love her no matter what. | 不管怎样 你都会爱她 |
[19:36] | You think she’ll forgive me? | 你觉得她会原谅我吗 |
[19:38] | Of course, man. | 当然 |
[19:39] | I mean, just tell her the only reason that you yelled at her | 你只要告诉她 你吼她是因为 |
[19:42] | is that you’ve been living around all these black people | 你的邻居都是黑人 |
[19:45] | and they made you crazy. | 你被他们整疯了 |
[19:52] | I’m glad you decided to stay, Grammy. | 你不走真是太好了 奶奶 |
[19:56] | Well, I’m glad your father convinced me to. | 还好你父亲说服了我 |
[20:01] | I’ve never seen your mom change her mind. How’d you do it? | 你妈从来没改过主意 你怎么做到的 |
[20:04] | Well, I just told her the truth. | 我只是跟她说了实话 |
[20:05] | I said, even though we fight sometimes, | 我说即使我们有时会吵架 |
[20:07] | she’s still my mom and I’ll always love her. | 她依然是我妈 我会永远爱她 |
[20:11] | And that was enough? | 这就够了 |
[20:13] | No. | 不 |
[20:14] | She also thought her Uber driver | 她还觉得她的优步司机 |
[20:15] | looked like a terrorist she saw on TV. | 像她在电视上看到的恐怖分子 |
[20:20] | You know, Gemma, this food is really delicious. | 杰玛 这顿饭真好吃 |
[20:22] | Yeah, Gemma, for a skinny white girl, | 杰玛这么一个骨瘦如柴的白人女孩 |
[20:24] | you sure can burn like you black. | 也可以像黑碳一样熊熊燃烧 |
[20:29] | You know what, I’d like to make a toast. | 我想致个辞 |
[20:32] | To the Johnson and the Butler families, | 敬强森和巴特勒两家 |
[20:35] | two families that have a lot to be thankful for. | 咱们两家要心怀感激 |
[20:39] | And even though we don’t always see eye to eye, | 虽然我们偶尔会有分歧 |
[20:43] | it’s good to know that if we communicate honestly, | 但只要我们真诚地交流 |
[20:47] | we can always find common ground. | 总能找到一致之处 |
[20:51] | Here, here. | 干杯 |
[20:53] | I would just like to add to… | 我想补充一下… |
[20:54] | No, no, no, no, no, no! | 不 不 不 |