时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Hey, Tina. Come on in. I’m almost done here. | 缇娜 进来 我马上就完事了 |
[00:13] | This is the first time I’ve been in the principal’s office | 这是我第一次主动进校长办公室 |
[00:15] | without being dragged in screaming, | 而不是一边被拽进来一边哭喊 |
[00:17] | “I didn’t do it!” | “不是我干的” |
[00:21] | – Did you do it? – Every time. | -是你干的吗 -每次都是 |
[00:24] | So, where are we headin’ to for lunch? | 我们去哪儿吃午饭 |
[00:26] | Anywhere but the cafeteria. | 除了自助餐厅哪都行 |
[00:28] | There was a food fight last week, | 上周有一场食物大战 |
[00:29] | and I took a taco to the chest. | 我用胸口接住的玉米饼 |
[00:33] | Sorry to interrupt, Gemma, but there was an incident at lunch. | 抱歉打扰 杰玛 但午饭时出了点意外 |
[00:36] | Oh, no. How many tacos are missing, | 不是吧 少了多少玉米卷 |
[00:38] | and how many kids were hurt? | 有多少孩子受伤了 |
[00:40] | No, a student punched another student in the face. | 没有 一名学生揍了另一名学生的脸 |
[00:44] | Please. Rookie mistake. | 拜托 低级错误 |
[00:46] | Everybody knows that body blows are harder to prove. | 大家都知道打在身上比较难找到证据 |
[00:52] | Okay, send him in, Lorraine. | 好吧 让他进来 洛林 |
[00:54] | I’m sorry, Tina. | 对不起 缇娜 |
[00:55] | I just have to take care of this. | 这事我得处理下 |
[00:56] | You know, most of the students here are really well-behaved, | 这里的大多数学生都表现得很好 |
[00:59] | but there are a few bad apples. | 但也有一些熊孩子 |
[01:01] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[01:04] | He didn’t do it! | 不是他干的 |
[01:26] | Hey, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[01:30] | Hey, Calvin. Didn’t see you there. | 卡尔文 没看见你在那儿 |
[01:35] | Hey, so I, uh, heard Grover got into a fight at school yesterday. | 我听说葛罗弗昨天在学校打架了 |
[01:38] | Yeah, apparently, this kid Justin has been bullying him. | 是的 有个叫贾斯汀的一直在欺负他 |
[01:42] | Pushing him, making fun of his clothes, | 推他 取笑他的衣品 |
[01:44] | which makes no sense, | 这显然不合情理 |
[01:46] | because I spent a lot of time picking them out. | 因为那都是我花了很多时间挑选的 |
[01:51] | That’s… that’s rough, man. | 这是挺难的 兄弟 |
[01:54] | So, where are you taking him to celebrate? | 那你要带他去哪里庆祝 |
[01:57] | What? Celebrate? | 什么 庆祝 |
[01:58] | Yeah, he’s one and oh! | 是的 他的处女秀 |
[02:00] | That’s how Tyson got started. | 泰森就是这样开始的 |
[02:02] | The kid’s lucky he didn’t bite his ear off. | 那孩子很幸运 耳朵没被他咬掉 |
[02:07] | Okay, well, in our house, | 在我们家 |
[02:09] | we don’t believe that violence solves problems. | 我们不认为暴力能解决问题 |
[02:12] | Well, this didn’t sound like violence. | 不过这听起来不像暴力 |
[02:14] | I mean, this was more like self-defense. | 更像是自卫 |
[02:16] | Grover just did what he had to do. | 葛罗弗只是做了他必须做的事 |
[02:18] | And what you have to do is stop picking out his clothes. | 你要做的就是别再帮他挑衣服了 |
[02:24] | Calvin, I’m not naive. When I was in the military, | 卡尔文 我没那么幼稚 我当兵时 |
[02:26] | I saw what violence does to people, and it’s never good. | 见识过暴力对人们的影响 绝对不是好事 |
[02:29] | And please don’t try to tell me that jean shorts aren’t cool. | 而且别告诉我牛仔短裤不酷 |
[02:36] | Look, if someone pushes you too far, | 听着 如果有人太过分了 |
[02:38] | at some point, you have to push back. | 到某种程度 你只能反击 |
[02:41] | Every man has his breaking point. | 每个人都有忍耐极限 |
[02:43] | Well, I disagree… | 我不同意 |
[02:45] | – and let me tell you why. – Oh, looky there. | -我跟你说说原因 -看啊 |
[02:47] | I just reached mine. | 我的极限到了 |
[02:55] | Really? You two playing video games again? | 没搞错吗 你们俩又在玩电子游戏 |
[02:58] | Yeah, we’re playing Madden. | 是的 我们在玩疯狂橄榄球 |
[03:00] | In that case, I got next. | 这样的话 下一个是我 |
[03:04] | – Yeah, man. – What’s the score? | -棒 伙计 -比分是多少 |
[03:05] | I’m up, 21-17. | 我领先 21比17 |
[03:07] | Oh, this game is over, man. | 游戏结束了 孩子 |
[03:12] | Dad, there’s eight minutes left, | 爸 还有八分钟呢 |
[03:13] | I’m on his ten yard line. | 我攻到他的十码线了 |
[03:14] | Not anymore. Reset. | 不在了 重置 |
[03:19] | Hey, did you hear that Grover beat some kid up in school? | 你听说葛罗弗在学校打人了吗 |
[03:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[03:23] | Dave told me the kid was bullying him. | 戴夫跟我说那孩子一直欺负他 |
[03:26] | Clearly, he didn’t know Grover lives in a black neighborhood. | 显然他不知道葛罗弗住在黑人社区 |
[03:31] | I live in a black neighborhood, | 我就住在黑人社区 |
[03:32] | and I never stood up to my bully. | 但从来没有反抗过恶霸 |
[03:34] | What? You had a bully? | 什么 你遇到恶霸了 |
[03:35] | Yeah, for a long time. | 对 很长时间了 |
[03:37] | Well, you should have did something. | 你应该做点什么的 |
[03:39] | You know, give him the old two-piece and a biscuit. | 给他两拳再来一脚 |
[03:43] | I couldn’t. He was way bigger than me. | 我不行 他比我块头大太多 |
[03:45] | So? Look, if you let people push you around, | 那又怎么样 如果你任人摆布 |
[03:48] | they’ll do it to you the rest of your life. | 那他们就永远不会收敛 |
[03:51] | You know what? You’re right. | 你知道吗 你说得对 |
[03:54] | Give me that! | 还给我 |
[04:00] | What the hell are you doing? | 你这是在干什么 |
[04:03] | Well, it’s just what you said. | 就是你说的 |
[04:04] | – I’m standing up to my bully. – Me?! | -我要反抗恶霸 -我吗 |
[04:06] | Go on, Marty. Give him the old two-piece and a biscuit. | 继续 马蒂 给他两拳一脚 |
[04:13] | Look, Marty, I’m your father. | 听着 马蒂 我是你父亲 |
[04:15] | – I’m not your bully. – Oh, really? | -我不是恶霸 -是吗 |
[04:18] | What about when my friends came over | 我朋友来的时候 |
[04:19] | to play Dungeons & Dragons, | 玩《龙与地下城》 |
[04:21] | and you pretended to cast a spell of eternal virginity on us? | 你假装给我们施了永久童贞的咒语 |
[04:28] | It wasn’t right, but he wasn’t wrong. | 这确实不对 但是确实成真了 |
[04:33] | Look, now, I did that for your benefit. | 我这样做也是为了你好 |
[04:35] | I didn’t want you to be the weird guy | 我不希望别的男生觉得你很奇怪 |
[04:36] | that got picked on by the other boys. | 然后都来找你麻烦 |
[04:38] | It was last Tuesday, Dad. | 这是上周二的事情 爸 |
[04:42] | Oh, yeah, I remember, because up until then, | 对 我还记得 因为在那之前 |
[04:44] | I’d never seen anybody wear suspenders and a belt. | 我从没见过有人穿背带裤还系皮带的 |
[04:50] | Well, all I know is, you embarrassed me | 我就觉得 你当时让我 |
[04:51] | – in front of my friends. – Okay, Marty, look… | -在朋友面前很难堪 -马蒂 听我说 |
[04:53] | And-and for your information, | 而且 提醒你一下 |
[04:55] | it was not a belt. | 那个不是皮带 |
[04:56] | It was a sash! | 是腰带 |
[05:02] | I know it’s the weekend, | 我知道今天是周末 |
[05:03] | but I feel like we should deal with this as soon as possible. | 但是我觉得我们得尽快处理这件事 |
[05:07] | Okay, then, I’ll see you in my office tomorrow. | 好的 那就明天来我办公室 |
[05:09] | And again, I’m sorry this happened to your son. | 真的很抱歉 这种事情发生在你孩子身上 |
[05:14] | Your jerk-face bully of a son! | 你家让人讨厌的熊孩子 |
[05:20] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[05:21] | No! I’m the principal, Dave. | 有事 我可是校长 戴夫 |
[05:23] | My son isn’t supposed to be beating up other kids! | 我的孩子不能去打其他的孩子 |
[05:25] | Even if they are a bratty little snot wad. | 即使那些孩子很讨厌也欠揍 |
[05:30] | Okay, yes, | 是的 |
[05:31] | clearly, Grover was provoked. | 很显然 是别人惹的葛罗弗 |
[05:33] | But I think we can both agree that violence is not the answer. | 但是我们都同意暴力不能解决问题 |
[05:38] | – Of course it isn’t. – Okay. Good. | -当然不是 -那就好 |
[05:40] | But why would you buy him those stupid jean shorts?! | 但是你为什么要给他买那么傻冒的牛仔短裤 |
[05:47] | O, o, okay. | 好吧 |
[05:48] | Look, I know this puts you in a tough position, | 我知道这样让你很为难 |
[05:52] | but maybe I can help. | 但是 也许我能帮上忙 |
[05:54] | How? | 怎么帮 |
[05:54] | Let me take Grover to his house, have him apologize, | 我带着葛罗弗去登门道歉 |
[05:57] | and diffuse the situation before the meeting. | 在见面之前缓和一下状态 |
[06:00] | That’s a good idea. | 这个点子不错 |
[06:02] | I’ll come with you. | 我和你一起去 |
[06:03] | That sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[06:06] | That way I can slash his stupid bike tires! | 那样我就可以去把他的自行车胎扎了 |
[06:11] | Or, you know, maybe you sit this one out. | 也许这回你先别去了 |
[06:19] | Tina, it’s official. | 缇娜 这回确认了 |
[06:21] | You failed as a mother. | 你这个母亲当的不合格 |
[06:25] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么 |
[06:26] | Marty. You made him soft | 马蒂 你的那些亲亲抱抱 |
[06:28] | with all your hugs and kisses and bedtime stories. | 还有睡前故事 让他成了个软蛋 |
[06:33] | Well, if you want another bedtime story, | 你要是还想有”睡前故事”的话 |
[06:34] | you better think about the next thing that comes out your mouth. | 最好想想接下来要说什么话 |
[06:38] | Baby, the boy just told me that I was his bully. | 宝贝 那孩子刚才说我欺负他 |
[06:41] | Can you believe that? | 你相信吗 |
[06:43] | – Hell, yeah. – What?! | -我相信 -什么 |
[06:45] | Tina, you’re my wife. | 缇娜 你是我老婆 |
[06:46] | It’s supposed to be me and you against the kids. | 我俩应该立场一致来对付孩子 |
[06:50] | Look, babe, I know what a good father you are | 宝贝 我知道你是个好父亲 |
[06:52] | and how much you love Marty, | 你也很爱马蒂 |
[06:53] | but sometimes you go a little too far | 但有时候你有点过分了 |
[06:55] | when you make fun of his hobbies. | 比如取笑他的爱好 |
[06:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:58] | These kids today– they’re just weak. | 现在的孩子 他们太软弱了 |
[07:00] | I mean, when I was coming up, it wasn’t bullying | 我说说他们不算欺负他们 |
[07:02] | unless something was cut, broken | 除非有东西断了 坏了 |
[07:05] | or set on fire. | 或者着火了 |
[07:07] | Oh, I know. | 这个我知道 |
[07:08] | I went to the principal’s office for all three of those. | 我去校长办公室的时候 这三种情况都有过 |
[07:12] | Marty’s just a little more sensitive than us. | 马蒂只是比我们更敏感一点 |
[07:14] | Yeah, I guess maybe you’re right. | 是啊 可能你说的对 |
[07:17] | But when he called me his bully, | 但他说我欺负他的时候 |
[07:19] | it just really hurt my feelings. | 我觉得很难受 |
[07:27] | Dad, do I have to apologize? | 爸 我必须道歉吗 |
[07:29] | Yes, Grover. When you do something wrong to someone, | 是的 葛罗弗 当你对别人做了错事的时候 |
[07:31] | you owe them an apology. | 你就该向别人道歉 |
[07:34] | You should give me one for buying those jean shorts. | 那你给我买了那种牛仔短裤 你得给我道歉 |
[07:40] | Can I help you? | 有什么事情吗 |
[07:41] | I’m Dave Johnson, Grover’s father. | 我叫戴夫·强森 葛罗弗的父亲 |
[07:49] | Probably a good idea. | 还是不握手比较好 |
[07:50] | It’s, uh, cold and flu season. | 现在是流感季节 |
[07:53] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们来做什么 |
[07:54] | Grover wanted to apologize to Justin. | 葛罗弗想给贾斯汀道歉 |
[07:56] | And you think my son wants an apology | 你觉得我儿子被一个小流氓锤了之后 |
[07:58] | from the little punk who sucker-punched him? | 想听他来道歉吗 |
[08:02] | He’s lucky Justin didn’t kick his ass. | 贾斯汀没揍他 就算他走运了 |
[08:06] | Do I still have to apologize? | 我还要道歉吗 |
[08:11] | Yes. Uh, look, man, I know that you’re upset, | 需要 我知道你很生气 |
[08:14] | but I don’t think calling my son names | 但是我不认为骂我孩子 |
[08:15] | is gonna make the situation any better. | 能解决什么问题 |
[08:18] | Well, your situation’s about to get a lot worse | 你要是不赶紧闪人的话 |
[08:21] | if you don’t get out of my face. | 问题会更大 |
[08:25] | Okay, I…I think if we both just stay calm… | 我觉得要是我们都保持冷静… |
[08:30] | Now there’s no need to push me like that. | 你用不着这样推我 |
[08:33] | Yeah? Oh, how about I push you like this? | 是吗 那这样推你呢 |
[08:41] | Fella… | 伙计 |
[08:45] | You’re about this close to losing that apology. | 你只差这么一点点就要失去这份道歉了 |
[08:51] | Hey, Marty… | 马蒂 |
[08:52] | hold up. | 等等 |
[08:54] | What? | 干嘛 |
[08:56] | What are you doing tomorrow? | 你明天有什么安排 |
[08:57] | Oh, I was going apple-picking with some friends. | 我要和朋友去摘苹果 |
[09:06] | Sounds delightful. | 听起来很愉快 |
[09:10] | But, uh, maybe when you’re done, | 或许等你搞完了 |
[09:12] | you can come back here, and we can play some | 可以回来 我们一起玩会 |
[09:14] | of that, uh, Dungeon & Dragons. | 那个《龙与地下城》 |
[09:16] | I never tried it, and, uh, seems like fun. | 我没玩过 感觉很好玩 |
[09:20] | Mama, get out here! I think Daddy’s having a stroke! | 妈妈 快出来 我觉得爸爸中风了 |
[09:25] | I’m not having a stroke. | 我没有中风 |
[09:27] | I’m trying to show some interest in your stupid hobby. | 我是想对你的白痴爱好表现出点兴趣 |
[09:31] | I’m sorry. That came out wrong. | 抱歉 这话说得不妥 |
[09:35] | Are you serious? You really want to do this? | 你是认真的吗 你真的想吗 |
[09:36] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[09:38] | Okay. Great. | 行 好 |
[09:40] | Well, thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸 |
[09:43] | Prepareth thee for adventure! | 准备开始冒险吧 |
[09:56] | Oh, my God, what happened?! | 天呐 发生什么事了 |
[09:59] | Justin’s dad got a little heated, and he punched me. | 贾斯汀的爸爸有点激动 他揍了我一拳 |
[10:04] | What?! Are you okay? | 什么 你没事吧 |
[10:05] | Yeah, I’m-I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[10:07] | I can’t believe he beat you up. | 他居然揍了你 |
[10:09] | No, Mom, he didn’t! | 不 妈 他没有 |
[10:11] | Dad totally kicked his butt! | 爸爸完胜 |
[10:12] | It was awesome! | 太炫酷了 |
[10:18] | Is that true? | 真的吗 |
[10:20] | It wasn’t what I wanted. | 我也不想的 |
[10:24] | But it was pretty awesome. | 但我挺炫酷的 |
[10:33] | You should have seen it, Mom! | 你应该在场的 妈妈 |
[10:34] | Justin’s dad punched him, | 贾斯汀的爸爸给了他一拳 |
[10:36] | but then Dad gave him a couple of these. | 但后来爸爸给了他好几下这个 |
[10:42] | And then Justin’s dad went down. | 然后贾斯汀的爸爸就倒地了 |
[10:44] | And then Dad said… | 然后爸爸说… |
[10:45] | Grover, please, go to your room. | 葛罗弗 回你屋去 |
[10:46] | No-no-no-no-no, that’s not what he said. | 不 不 不 他不是这么说的 |
[10:50] | There were way more curse words. | 脏话比这多多了 |
[10:54] | Okay, you know what? | 好了 够了 |
[10:55] | Grover, Mom’s right. Go to your room. | 葛罗弗 妈妈说得对 回你屋去 |
[10:57] | Okay. Okay, I don’t want any trouble. | 好吧 我不想再惹麻烦了 |
[11:03] | I can’t believe you got into a fight. | 不敢相信你去打架了 |
[11:05] | In front of our son? | 还当着儿子的面 |
[11:07] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[11:10] | But if someone pushes you too far, | 但如果有人太过分了 |
[11:15] | at some point… | 到某种程度 |
[11:17] | you have to push back. | 你只能还击 |
[11:21] | Every man has his breaking point. | 每个人都有忍耐极限 |
[11:25] | That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve… | 这是我听过的最荒谬… |
[11:26] | Did you get that from Calvin? | 你是跟卡尔文学的吗 |
[11:29] | No. | 不是 |
[11:31] | Okay, yes. | 好吧 是的 |
[11:34] | Dave, I’m the school principal. | 戴夫 我是校长 |
[11:37] | Do you know how this makes me look? | 你知道这样会让别人怎么看我吗 |
[11:40] | He started it. | 是他先动手的 |
[11:44] | Really, Dave? That’s your excuse? | 不是吧 戴夫 这就是你的借口 |
[11:50] | Told Grover that wouldn’t work. | 早就告诉葛罗弗这么说没用了 |
[11:55] | All right! Let’s do this. | 咱们开始吧 |
[11:57] | Hold on, Malcolm’s playing, too? | 等下 马尔科姆也要玩 |
[11:59] | I didn’t know you liked this game. | 没想到你喜欢这个游戏 |
[12:00] | I don’t. | 我不喜欢 |
[12:01] | But I want to be here when you flip the table and storm out. | 但是我想看你掀桌怒冲出门的样子 |
[12:06] | Look, I don’t know the rules, | 听着 我不懂规矩 |
[12:08] | but is there any way I can feed him to a dragon? | 但有没有办法能让我把他送去喂龙 |
[12:12] | Well, all things are possible in the Goblin Castle of Alkobar. | 在阿尔科巴的地精城堡 一切皆有可能 |
[12:18] | Oh, boy, here comes the table. | 天呐 要掀桌了 |
[12:24] | So, how long is this game gon’ take? | 这游戏要玩多久 |
[12:25] | 20 minutes? Half hour? | 二十分钟 半小时 |
[12:27] | Oh, no. But if we hustle, | 不 不过如果我们搞快点 |
[12:28] | we can do it in half a day. | 半天就能玩完 |
[12:31] | Half a day? | 半天 |
[12:33] | Wow, that’s almost like too much fun. | 好像有点有趣过头了 |
[12:38] | Okay. So, let’s get right to it. | 开始吧 |
[12:40] | I already created characters for you both. | 我已经给你们俩建好角色了 |
[12:42] | – Malcolm. – Yes. | -马尔科姆 -在 |
[12:43] | You are Shadow Fang, a fighter elf. | 你是影牙 一个精灵战士 |
[12:48] | You’re a little tiny-ass elf! | 你是个小不点精灵 |
[12:52] | Actually, Dad, | 事实上 爸 |
[12:53] | it’s a common misconception that elves are little. | 觉得精灵都很矮小是个误区 |
[12:55] | They’re actually known for being tall | 其实它们都很高大 |
[12:57] | and lean and extremely dexterous. | 精瘦 而且极其敏捷 |
[12:59] | Okay. Well, in that case, I guess I’m an elf, too. | 好吧 这样的话 我猜我也是个精灵 |
[13:02] | It’s too late. You a tiny-ass dwarf. | 太迟了 你是小矮人 |
[13:08] | And my name is Galumpkin? | 而且我的名字叫格朗普金 |
[13:10] | Yes! Galumpkin the Great, king of the dwarves. | 没错 伟大的格朗普金 矮人之王 |
[13:13] | You’re an eighth-level barbarian | 你是八级野蛮人 |
[13:14] | who fights with an enchanted battle ax. | 用魔法战斧作战 |
[13:16] | Well, all right! Okay. | 不错嘛 |
[13:19] | All right, so, who you gonna be, Marty? | 那你是什么 马蒂 |
[13:21] | Oh, no, I’m not one of the characters. | 不 我不是游戏角色 |
[13:22] | I am the Dungeon Master, | 我是地下城主 |
[13:24] | the all-knowing, omnipotent guide | 你们史诗般旅程的 |
[13:25] | through your epic journey. | 全知全能的向导 |
[13:28] | And I get to wear this hat. | 而且我还能戴这顶帽子 |
[13:43] | Hey, there. | 你好啊 |
[13:45] | Oh, hi, Tina. | 缇娜 |
[13:47] | Damn, Dave, what happened to you? | 见鬼 戴夫 你怎么了 |
[13:49] | Somebody whup your ass? | 谁把你揍了 |
[13:52] | No. | 不是 |
[13:53] | I went to talk things out with Justin’s dad, | 我去找贾斯汀的爸爸把话说清楚 |
[13:55] | but he took a swing at me, so I had to fight back. | 但他对我动手了 所以我必须还击 |
[13:59] | Wow, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[14:00] | I didn’t know you had it in you. | 没想到你这么有骨气 |
[14:02] | So, you won? | 打赢了吗 |
[14:06] | I totally kicked his ass. | 我完虐他 |
[14:10] | Well, good for you | 你真是好样的 |
[14:11] | for doing something incredibly stupid. | 干出了这么蠢的事 |
[14:16] | He hit me first. | 是他先动手的 |
[14:19] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:20] | You know, that was always my excuse, too. | 我也总是拿这个当借口 |
[14:22] | Or “I didn’t do it!” | 或者”不是我干的” |
[14:23] | Or “Karen stuffed her own head in the toilet!” | 或者”是凯伦自己把脑袋塞进马桶的” |
[14:27] | What was I supposed to do? Just walk away? | 我还能怎么办 扭头走开吗 |
[14:30] | Look, I feel you, Dave, but think about Gemma. | 我懂你 戴夫 但你得考虑到杰玛 |
[14:33] | What if this gets out to the other parents? | 如果这事传到其他家长耳中呢 |
[14:35] | This undermines her credibility at work. | 这会削弱她在学校的权威 |
[14:38] | She could lose her job. | 她可能会丢掉工作 |
[14:41] | I know. You’re right. I-I got to fix this. | 我知道 你说得对 我得挽回局面 |
[14:44] | It’s all right. I’m sure you’ll find a way. | 没事的 你一定能想出办法 |
[14:47] | Thanks, Tina. | 谢了 缇娜 |
[14:49] | Hey, so, what did Karen do | 对了 凯伦做了什么 |
[14:50] | to make you stuff her head in the toilet? | 导致你把她的脑袋塞进马桶 |
[14:52] | She gave me a “C” on a test. | 有次考试她给我打了C |
[14:58] | Okay. You finally emerge | 你们终于从山口走出 |
[15:00] | from the mountain pass into a clearing, | 抵达了一片空地 |
[15:03] | where you discover… | 你们发现了 |
[15:04] | a stone giant! | 一个石巨人 |
[15:06] | Damn it. Malcolm, | 该死 马尔科姆 |
[15:07] | I told you what made those footprints. | 我跟你说了那些脚印很危险 |
[15:10] | Well, look, Pop, there’s no way we can beat a stone giant. | 老爹 我们肯定打不过石巨人 |
[15:13] | Let’s just backtrack and go the other way. | 我们退回去 换一条路走吧 |
[15:15] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[15:17] | And go back through the Swamp of Lost Souls? | 退回到失魂落魄沼泽吗 |
[15:19] | I’m not going back there. | 我才不回去呢 |
[15:23] | Look, come on, Pop. Let’s just run away. | 拜托 老爹 我们逃跑吧 |
[15:25] | No. No, no, man. | 不 不行 |
[15:27] | We can beat this fool right here. | 我们就在这儿干掉这个傻大个 |
[15:30] | You know what? | 听好了 |
[15:31] | I drink a potion of strength | 我喝下一瓶强力药水 |
[15:33] | while I cast a spell of confusion | 同时施放迷惑咒语 |
[15:36] | while attacking with my enchanted battle ax! | 同时用我的魔法战斧攻击 |
[15:40] | Watch out, giant. Here come the pain! | 小心了 巨人 受死吧 |
[15:44] | That’s a one. You die. | 掷出一点 你死了 |
[15:48] | What? | 什么 |
[15:49] | No, that can’t be right, man. I’m Galumpkin. | 不 这不可能 我可是格朗普金 |
[15:52] | G-Love! The Lump Dawg! | 格老大 朗普兄弟 |
[15:55] | I’m sorry, Dad. The dice don’t lie. | 抱歉 爸 骰子不会撒谎 |
[15:57] | Well, we not giving up. Ain’t that right, Malcolm? | 我们不会放弃的 对不对 马尔科姆 |
[15:59] | Peace out, Lump Dawg. | 安息吧 朗普兄弟 |
[16:04] | All right, thanks for playing, Dad. | 爸 谢谢参与 |
[16:06] | Wh-What do you mean, “Thanks for playing”? | “谢谢参与” 什么意思 |
[16:08] | You can’t talk to the king of the dwarves like that. | 你不能这样跟矮人之王说话 |
[16:10] | Come on, run it back. | 快点 再来一局 |
[16:13] | No, you don’t have to. | 你不用玩了 |
[16:15] | I know I don’t have to, but I want to. | 我知道 但是我想玩 |
[16:19] | Yeah, but you two always make fun of me for this stuff. | 但是你们两个总是嘲笑我玩这个 |
[16:22] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[16:23] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[16:25] | you know, sometimes I, uh… | 有时候我… |
[16:29] | You know me. | 我这人就这样 |
[16:30] | You know, I don’t say things that, uh… | 我这张嘴就是… |
[16:36] | You know what I’m saying? | 你懂我的意思吧 |
[16:43] | Dad… | 爸 |
[16:44] | that is the nicest thing you ever said to me. | 这是你对我说过的最好的话 |
[16:51] | Well, I meant every word, son. | 每个字都是真心的 儿子 |
[16:55] | Look, Marty, | 马蒂 |
[16:57] | look, I don’t want to be your bully. | 我不想欺负你 |
[16:59] | I’m your father, all right? And I love you. | 我是你父亲 我爱你 |
[17:01] | – I love you, too. – Come on, then. | -我也爱你 -抱一个 |
[17:03] | Come on, boy. | 过来 儿子 |
[17:10] | I really appreciate you doing this with me. | 我真的很感谢你能和我一起玩 |
[17:13] | It means a lot. | 这对我来说很重要 |
[17:14] | Good. Good. | 很好 很好 |
[17:16] | All right, now, sit your ass back down | 好了 坐下 |
[17:17] | and put your stupid hat on. Let’s go. | 戴上那顶蠢帽子 开始吧 |
[17:27] | Thank you for coming in, and please know | 谢谢你们过来 请你们放心 |
[17:29] | I take this situation very seriously. | 我会认真处理这件事的 |
[17:31] | You should. | 必须的 |
[17:32] | First, your kid assaults Justin, | 你的孩子先打了贾斯汀 |
[17:34] | then your husband attacks me. | 然后你丈夫打了我 |
[17:36] | Apparently, our family isn’t safe at school or at home. | 显然 我们家在学校和家里都不安全 |
[17:40] | I understand, but I assure you, | 我明白 但我向你们保证 |
[17:42] | Justin and you are completely safe. | 你们和贾斯汀非常安全 |
[17:45] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[17:49] | Dave, what are you doing here? | 戴夫 你怎么来了 |
[17:51] | I’m looking for Ed. | 我找艾德 |
[17:52] | I told you he was crazy. | 我说他疯了吧 |
[17:54] | I just came to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[17:56] | I never should have let things escalate the way that they did. | 我不应该火上浇油的 |
[17:59] | Well, you should have thought of that | 你用他的鞋揍他时 |
[18:00] | before you beat him with his own shoe. | 就应该想到了 |
[18:04] | Okay, clearly, mistakes were made, | 很显然 错已经犯了 |
[18:07] | and we all have a lot of healing to do. | 我们每个人都需要疗伤 |
[18:10] | Really? Is anyone else getting their stitches out on Friday? | 真的吗 星期五还有别人去拆线吗 |
[18:16] | We didn’t come here for an apology. | 我们不是来听你们道歉的 |
[18:20] | We came here to tell you that we’re contacting a lawyer. | 我们是来告诉你们 我们联系了律师 |
[18:22] | And after we’re done, | 等这事结束后 |
[18:24] | you’re not going to be able to get a job anywhere. | 你们就再也找不到工作了 |
[18:26] | Okay, wait a second. | 等一下 |
[18:27] | Dave, let me handle this. | 戴夫 让我来处理 |
[18:28] | No. Your husband and your son are a couple of animals. | 不 你丈夫和儿子都是禽兽 |
[18:33] | “Animals”? | “禽兽” |
[18:34] | You heard me. Let’s go, Ed. | 你没听错 我们走吧 艾德 |
[18:37] | Dave. | 戴夫 |
[18:38] | Uh, we should hear her out. | 我们还是听她说完吧 |
[18:44] | Here’s what’s gonna happen. | 处理结果如下 |
[18:45] | Grover’s going to be suspended for fighting. | 葛罗弗因为打架停课 |
[18:48] | Justin’s going to be suspended for bullying. | 贾斯汀因为欺负他人停课 |
[18:50] | – But… – -Did I call on you? | -但是… -我让你说话了吗 |
[18:55] | As a show of good will, | 为了表示友好 |
[18:57] | Dave is not gonna press charges against Ed | 虽然是艾德先动手的 |
[18:59] | for attacking him first. | 但是戴夫不会起诉他 |
[19:01] | And in return, you won’t press charges against Dave | 作为回报 你们也别起诉戴夫 |
[19:03] | for making Ed his bitch. | 把艾德胖揍了一顿 |
[19:11] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[19:12] | I’m calling the board of trustees. | 我要打电话给董事会 |
[19:14] | Fine. And I’m calling the IRS to report you for tax evasion. | 好啊 那我就打电话给国税局说你逃税 |
[19:18] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[19:20] | I’m talking about how your seven-year-old son | 我要举报你七岁的儿子 |
[19:22] | is the registered owner of a 20-foot sailboat | 是一艘名叫”烂俗”的二十英尺帆船的 |
[19:24] | named Take it Sleazy. | 注册拥有者 |
[19:29] | It was all her idea. | 这都是她的主意 |
[19:34] | You know what? | 其实吧 |
[19:35] | Things did get out of hand, | 情况的确有些失控 |
[19:37] | but it sounds like you’ve got the situation under control. | 但是听起来你已经解决了 |
[19:42] | Finally, we agree on something. | 我们终于达成了一致 |
[19:45] | C-Can we… | 我们可以… |
[19:45] | You may go. | 你们可以走了 |
[19:56] | That was amazing. | 太厉害了 |
[19:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:59] | How’d you know about the boat? | 你怎么知道那艘船的事 |
[20:01] | Justin’s not just a bully. | 贾斯汀不仅爱欺负人 |
[20:02] | He’s also a blabbermouth. | 他还是个大嘴巴 |
[20:04] | And, word on the playground, a bedwetter. | 而且听说还爱尿床 |
[20:09] | I can’t believe how well you kept your cool. | 你居然这么冷静 |
[20:11] | You know, apparently, Calvin was wrong. | 卡尔文显然说得不对 |
[20:14] | Not everyone has a breaking point. | 不是每个人都有忍耐极限 |
[20:16] | Oh, no. If she had said one more word about you or Grover, | 不 如果她再说你和葛罗弗的坏话 |
[20:19] | that ho would’ve been on the flo’. | 我就把那贱人揍趴下了 |
[20:30] | Congratulations, adventurers. | 恭喜 冒险家们 |
[20:32] | You found the exit to the Labyrinth of Despair. | 你们找到了绝望迷宫的出口 |
[20:35] | You emerge into the light. | 重见光明 |
[20:37] | – Yeah! – Yes! | -爽 -帅 |
[20:40] | But your path has been blocked by a man-eating ogre! | 但是你们的去路被食人魔挡住了 |
[20:43] | – What? – Come on! | -什么 -不是吧 |
[20:46] | What do you do? | 你们准备怎么办 |
[20:49] | I say we try reasoning with him. | 跟他讲讲道理 |
[20:51] | Let’s lay down our weapons | 我们放下武器 |
[20:52] | and let him know that we come in peace. | 让他知道我们没有恶意 |
[20:55] | Good plan. | 好计划 |
[20:56] | Good plan. Like it. | 好计划 我很喜欢 |
[20:59] | I’m gonna go ahead and kill Dave. | 我要杀了戴夫 |