时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Thanks again for having us over, Tina. | 再次感谢你邀请我们来 缇娜 |
[00:10] | Yeah, the chicken and dumplings are delicious. | 鸡肉和饺子都很好吃 |
[00:12] | Aren’t they, Grover? | 是吧 葛罗弗 |
[00:14] | Wow, that is interesting. | 确实很有意思 |
[00:17] | So I had to turn off my football game for dinner, | 我得在晚饭的时候关掉橄榄球比赛 |
[00:20] | but the kid gets to play world wide webs? | 但是这孩子却能玩万维网 |
[00:24] | Dad, the “world wide webs”, | 老爸 所谓的”万维网” |
[00:26] | or as people under a hundred call it, the Internet… | 或是说互联网 一百岁以下的人都这么叫 |
[00:31] | …is not a game. | 不是一款游戏 |
[00:32] | It’s-it’s a, it’s a global network… | 它是一种全球性的网络 |
[00:33] | Marty… you’re talking to Pop. | 马蒂 你是在对老爹说话 |
[00:35] | The clock is still flashing 12:00 on his VCR. | 他的录像机上的时钟还在12点闪烁 |
[00:40] | Which still has a tape of Beverly Hills Cop stuck in it. | 里面还卡着一盘《比佛利山超级警探》 |
[00:44] | You know what? That was due back in 1997. | 其实归还日期是1997年 |
[00:47] | Good thing Blockbuster went out of business, huh? | 所幸百视达倒闭了 |
[00:52] | Grover, Mr. Calvin’s right. | 葛罗弗 卡尔文先生说得对 |
[00:53] | Didn’t we agree no screens at the table? | 你不是答应我饭桌上不看电子产品吗 |
[00:56] | Yeah, I wasn’t really sure where we landed on that. | 我不记得我有没有答应了 |
[01:01] | So, Calvin, it looks like your auto shop has some competition. | 卡尔文 听说你的修车店有了竞争对手 |
[01:04] | I saw a new Motor Boys opened up down the block. | 我看到街区里新开了一家汽车小子 |
[01:06] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[01:08] | Some generic chain with a stupid jingle? | 一个普通的连锁品牌 还有首很蠢的广告歌 |
[01:12] | I think it’s catchy. | 我觉得倒是挺洗脑的 |
[01:14] | *Car or truck, you’re in luck, with the* | *轿车还是货车 你来对了 选择* |
[01:16] | – *Motor Boys.* – *Beep! Beep!* | -*汽车小子* -*哔 哔* |
[01:21] | Why don’t you all go “beep-beep” yourselves, all right? | 不如你们自己”哔哔”去 好吗 |
[01:26] | Motor Boys has a really cool website. | 汽车小子有个超酷的网站 |
[01:29] | Grover! Didn’t I just say no screens at the table? | 葛罗弗 我刚说过饭桌上不看电子产品 |
[01:32] | Oh, so we are going with that. | 原来我最后答应你了 |
[01:38] | You know, business has slowed down since they opened up. | 那店开门后 我们的生意就开始下滑 |
[01:41] | Maybe we should think about updating our shop. | 也许我们该考虑升级一下店铺了 |
[01:43] | Oh, I could upgrade your computer system. | 我可以升级你们的电脑系统 |
[01:45] | Automate your payroll. | 自动计算工资 |
[01:46] | Maybe make you a website | 或者更新一下你们的网站 |
[01:47] | that’s not just a picture of you laying across the hood of a Corvette? | 而不是只放一张你躺在科尔维特车顶的照片 |
[01:53] | While you’re at it, will you fix his e-mail? | 可以顺便修修他的电子邮箱吗 |
[01:55] | I send him stuff all the time. | 我一直在给他发邮件 |
[01:58] | I never get a reply. | 从来没有回信 |
[02:01] | Yeah, that’s weird, huh? | 可不 真奇怪 |
[02:05] | So what do you say, Calvin? | 你觉得如何 卡尔文 |
[02:06] | Can Marty help us out? | 马蒂能来帮忙吗 |
[02:08] | Why not? You can come in tomorrow. | 有何不可 你明天就可以来 |
[02:10] | And I’ll start working on a jingle for you. | 我可以帮你写首广告歌 |
[02:12] | Oh great, email it to me. | 那真是太好了 发邮件给我 |
[02:23] | So what goes down at an overnight teachers’ retreat? | 两天一晚的教师研讨会到底做什么 |
[02:25] | Oh, we have so much fun. | 有很多好玩的 |
[02:27] | PowerPoint presentations, course lectures, | PPT报告 课程演讲 |
[02:30] | and — wait for it — | 你猜还有什么 |
[02:32] | we all come home with a huge binder! | 结束后人手一本厚厚的活页夹 |
[02:35] | My God, I married the world’s hottest nerd. | 天啊 我娶了世界上最性感的书呆子 |
[02:41] | All right, sweetie, be good for Dad. | 宝贝 听爸爸话 |
[02:42] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[02:43] | I don’t know. Probably in my room? | 说不好 也许在我房间 |
[02:48] | You know what? You’ve been on that thing a lot. | 你太沉迷那个东西了 |
[02:50] | Why don’t we take a little screen break for a few days? | 不如我们这几天先放下电子产品 |
[02:52] | A few days? That’s so unfair. | 要好几天 太不公平了 |
[02:55] | No, come on. It’s a good thing. | 别这样 这是件好事 |
[02:56] | Look, you can play outside, climb some trees, | 你可以在外面玩耍 爬爬树 |
[02:58] | ride your bike around. | 骑着你的自行车溜溜 |
[03:00] | Okay, if I say I’m sorry, can I not do any of that? | 如果我道歉 可以不做那些事吗 |
[03:05] | All right, sweetie, I got to go. Give me a hug. | 宝贝 我得走了 抱一下 |
[03:07] | I’ll miss you, Mom. | 我会想你的 妈妈 |
[03:08] | – So, so… – I’m with Dad. | -非常非常想 -我站在你爸那边 |
[03:11] | Bye. | 再见 |
[03:12] | Cheer up. | 开心点 |
[03:13] | You’re gonna have so much fun. | 你会玩得很开心的 |
[03:15] | It’s gonna be great. | 会很棒的 |
[03:17] | It’s gonna be terrible. | 会很糟糕 |
[03:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[03:22] | I have tried the “no screens” thing before, | 我试过”禁止电子产品”这招 |
[03:24] | and it always ends in tears and tantrums. | 最后总是会哭 还耍脾气 |
[03:26] | Well, if he throws a tantrum, | 如果他冲我耍脾气 |
[03:29] | I will deal with it. | 我有办法对付他 |
[03:31] | I was talking about me. | 我说的是我 |
[03:34] | You’ve just committed yourself to 48 hours of | 你刚刚的决定意味着你要忍受48小时的 |
[03:37] | “Dad. Dad. | “爸爸 爸爸 |
[03:39] | Dad. Dad.” | 爸爸 爸爸” |
[03:40] | And I will come back with, | 我会回答他 |
[03:42] | “What’s up? I’m here. | “怎么了 我就在这 |
[03:45] | Let’s rage.” | 让我们大闹一场” |
[03:47] | Oh, don’t worry. There will be rage. | 别担心 会有得闹的 |
[03:50] | You know, I’m starting to get the feeling | 你知道吗 我开始感觉 |
[03:51] | that you don’t think I can do this. | 你不认为我能搞定这件事 |
[03:53] | Don’t take this the wrong way, but if I couldn’t, | 你别误会 但是如果我做不到 |
[03:55] | you definitely can’t. | 你肯定也做不到 |
[03:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:00] | Well, what you don’t realize | 不过你没有意识到的是 |
[04:01] | is I have something you don’t. | 我有某样你没有的东西 |
[04:04] | The mind of an eight-year-old boy. | 我的心智如同一个八岁的男孩 |
[04:08] | Finally, something we agree on. | 我们终于有共识了 |
[04:12] | Okay. We’re off to a great start. | 今天开头很顺利 |
[04:14] | The TV in your waiting room now gets more than one channel. | 休息室的电视频道不止一个了 |
[04:17] | Oh, great. How did you do that? | 真棒 你怎么做到的 |
[04:18] | Well, not to get too technical, | 我尽量说得通俗点 |
[04:20] | but I put new batteries in the remote. | 我给遥控器换了新电池 |
[04:24] | The remote? Calvin, you told me it was stolen. | 遥控器 卡尔文 你说遥控器被偷了 |
[04:29] | Uh, looks like I fired Eduardo for nothing. | 看来我开除爱德华多是冤枉他了 |
[04:34] | Well, thanks for your help, man. | 感谢你来帮忙 伙计 |
[04:35] | Be sure to treat yourself to a hard candy on the way out. | 走的时候记得买块糖犒劳下自己 |
[04:40] | Calvin, look. You may not want Marty’s help, | 卡尔文 你可能不想要马蒂来帮忙 |
[04:42] | but as the person who keeps the books around here, I do. | 但是管账的人是我 我想要他来帮忙 |
[04:45] | Well, fine. We’re watching Beverly Hills Cop II tonight. | 那好 我们今晚看《比佛利山超级警探》下集 |
[04:48] | That’s right. I used a butter knife to get Part I out. | 没错 我用餐刀把上集撬出来了 |
[04:54] | Okay, Marty, what’s next? | 马蒂 接下来要做什么 |
[04:56] | Well, let’s take a look at how you organize your invoices. | 我先看下你是怎么整理发票的 |
[04:58] | Okay, everything’s stored right over here. | 所有的发票都放在那里 |
[05:00] | Oh, file cabinet. Old school. | 文件柜 真够传统的 |
[05:03] | Nike. | 耐克 |
[05:04] | So, that’s August 2012. | 这个盒子是2012年8月的 |
[05:09] | This is how you keep your records? | 你就是这样记账的吗 |
[05:11] | How do you keep anything organized? | 那你平时是怎么把东西收拾好的 |
[05:13] | These are barely receipts. | 这些算不上收据 |
[05:15] | “Herman, $200”? What’d you do for Herman? | “赫尔曼 两百块” 你为赫尔曼提供了什么服务 |
[05:17] | It says it right here. | 上面写了 |
[05:19] | $200 worth of work. | 工钱二百块 |
[05:23] | Yeah, but, | 我知道 但是 |
[05:24] | but what specifically did you do? | 你具体做了什么 |
[05:26] | Well, if you want to know that, | 你要想知道这个的话 |
[05:28] | then we gonna have to call Eduardo. | 我们就得去问爱德华多了 |
[05:31] | How do you say, | 怎么用西班牙语说 |
[05:32] | “Oops, my bad” in Spanish? | “糟糕 是我的错” |
[05:36] | That was so much fun. What’s next? | 真好玩 接下来干什么 |
[05:42] | Grover. We just did mini-golf, batting cages, | 葛罗弗 我们刚打了迷你高尔夫 练了棒球 |
[05:45] | we even went to the dog park. | 还去了遛狗场 |
[05:48] | We don’t have a dog. | 我们连狗都没有 |
[05:51] | Aren’t you tired? | 你就不累吗 |
[05:52] | Not at all. | 完全不累 |
[05:56] | I thought all that fetching would tire you out. | 我以为捡球能让你累趴下 |
[06:01] | So, now what? | 那现在干什么 |
[06:03] | How about this? | 要不这样 |
[06:04] | How about we take a five-minute break | 我们先休息五分钟 |
[06:06] | so Dad can rest his eyes? | 我先打个盹 |
[06:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:13] | How will I know when it’s been five minutes? | 我怎么知道五分钟到了 |
[06:15] | I’ll tell you. | 我会告诉你的 |
[06:19] | How will you know? | 那你是怎么知道的 |
[06:22] | Buddy… | 伙计 |
[06:24] | look around you. You have all these toys. | 你看看周围 你有这么多玩具 |
[06:26] | You’ve got a big backyard. | 后面还有那么大个院子 |
[06:28] | You’ve got a room upstairs. | 楼上还有你的房间 |
[06:30] | Can you really find no way to entertain yourself? | 你就真的找不到什么可以玩的吗 |
[06:34] | – I have an idea. – Oh, good. | -我知道了 -好 |
[06:36] | Screen time! | 平板电脑 |
[06:38] | Grover! Drop it! | 葛罗弗 放下 |
[06:40] | Bad boy! | 坏孩子 |
[06:43] | Sorry. I’m still in dog park mode. | 抱歉 我还停留在遛狗的状态 |
[06:46] | Listen. Come here, buddy. | 听我的 过来 |
[06:50] | It would make my life… | 如果我 |
[06:53] | so much easier if I gave this to you. | 把这个给你肯定会轻松不少 |
[06:57] | I don’t know, Dad. | 这不好说 爸爸 |
[06:58] | Trust your instincts. | 相信你的直觉 |
[07:02] | But Mom doesn’t think that we can go a few days without it. | 但是妈妈觉得我们离不开它 |
[07:06] | And I want to prove to her that we can. | 我想向她证明我们可以做到 |
[07:09] | Which is why… | 所以 |
[07:11] | you’re not gonna tell her that I’m gonna let you | 你不会跟她说我准备让你 |
[07:13] | play with this for a few minutes. | 玩一会平板电脑 |
[07:14] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[07:16] | But remember, we’re not telling Mom. | 记住 不能跟你妈妈讲 |
[07:17] | Mom who? | 谁是妈妈 |
[07:20] | Okay, Dad. I just finished setting up your new system. | 老爸 我刚才把新系统设置完了 |
[07:24] | This tablet controls all your scheduling, | 这个平板电脑管理你所有的安排 |
[07:26] | estimates and service notes. | 报价还有服务记录 |
[07:28] | Does it have Angry Birds on there? | 上面有愤怒的小鸟吗 |
[07:31] | ‘Cause I love pissing off them uppity pigs. | 我最喜欢惹怒那些趾高气昂的猪了 |
[07:36] | Hey, Calvin. | 卡尔文 |
[07:37] | Hey, what’s up, Roy? | 忙什么呢 罗伊 |
[07:38] | I got a text saying my car was ready. | 我收到短信说车修好了 |
[07:40] | I didn’t text you. | 我没给你发短信 |
[07:41] | Uh, no. But your new system did. | 你是没有 但是新系统发了 |
[07:44] | I programmed it so when a customer’s car is ready, | 我设置了程序 如果车修好了 |
[07:45] | they get a notification. | 客人就会收到通知 |
[07:47] | I didn’t ask you to do all that. | 我没让你设置这个 |
[07:49] | I’m not sure I’m comfortable with my shop | 我不知道我会不会习惯 |
[07:51] | making its own booty calls. | 我们店自己会”约炮” |
[07:54] | Dad, trust me. | 爸 相信我 |
[07:55] | This is gonna make your business more efficient. | 这样可以让你做生意的效率更高 |
[07:57] | See, customers will be automatically billed, | 客户可以自动收到账单 |
[08:00] | the payments go directly into your account, | 付款直接打到你的账户 |
[08:01] | and you don’t have to call them when their car is ready. | 你都不用给他们打电话通知车修好了 |
[08:04] | Wait a minute. So I get my money faster? | 等下 你是说钱赚得更快了 |
[08:06] | And I don’t have to talk to chatterboxes like Roy? | 而且不用和罗伊这种话痨说话 |
[08:12] | Roy, please. I know more about your prostate | 罗伊 我比你的医生 |
[08:15] | than the doctor who gave you the exam. | 还了解你的前列腺 |
[08:22] | So what do you say, Dad? | 你觉得怎么样 爸 |
[08:24] | You want to give it a shot? | 想试试吗 |
[08:26] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[08:27] | All right, great! You’ll see. | 太好了 等着瞧 |
[08:28] | This is gonna make you leaner, | 这会让你更高效 |
[08:30] | meaner and rolling in the greener. | 更熟练 赚的更多 |
[08:34] | Boy, you may be smart, but you couldn’t wrap a burrito. | 儿子 你是很聪明 但饶舌真的不行 |
[08:40] | Thanks for letting me have screen time again today, Dad. | 谢谢你今天又让我玩平板 爸爸 |
[08:44] | I don’t know, maybe spaghetti? | 我不知道 要不意大利面 |
[08:49] | Mom. Mom’s home. | 妈妈 妈妈回来了 |
[08:50] | Uh, quick, hide this. | 快点 把这个藏起来 |
[08:52] | Okay, but you hide this. | 好 你藏这个 |
[08:55] | – Hey, guys. – Oh, hey, Gem. How was the retreat? | -你们好 -杰玛 研讨会怎么样 |
[08:58] | Did you get your binder? | 你得到活页夹了吗 |
[09:01] | I got two! | 我拿了两本 |
[09:05] | It looks like you two are having fun. | 看上去你们俩过得很开心 |
[09:07] | You bet your binders we are. | 那还用说 |
[09:11] | You know, I’m gonna take this magazine to read upstairs. | 我上楼去看这本杂志了 |
[09:14] | It’s got something really interesting in it. | 里面的内容真的很精彩 |
[09:19] | So, how long before you gave him his screen back? | 你撑了多久就把平板还他了 |
[09:21] | Because if it was under two hours, | 如果低于两小时 |
[09:22] | the choir teacher owes me a hundred bucks. | 唱诗班老师就欠我一百块 |
[09:27] | Well, I hate to disappoint you, | 我不想让你失望 |
[09:28] | but… we made it the whole time. | 但是 我们撑过来了 |
[09:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:32] | Yup. | 没错 |
[09:33] | And no tantrums? | 也没人发脾气 |
[09:35] | Not him. Not me. | 他没有 我也没有 |
[09:40] | I’m impressed. | 了不起 |
[09:41] | Well, Gem, what you have to understand is… | 小杰 你得明白 |
[09:46] | …I’m kind of a Dad-ass. | 我可是个超级奶爸 |
[09:50] | Come on, Calvin, what’s taking so long? | 快点 卡尔文 怎么这么久 |
[09:51] | I got a text an hour ago that said my car was ready. | 我一小时前就收到短信说我的车修好了 |
[09:54] | Yeah, and you texted me a selfie. | 对 你还给我发了张自拍 |
[09:57] | Everybody just calm down. | 大家冷静 |
[09:58] | I’m gonna get to y’all in a minute. | 我马上回复你们 |
[09:59] | And you, you delete that picture. | 你 你把照片给删了 |
[10:01] | I don’t know you like that. | 你还好这一口 |
[10:04] | All right. Okay, I opened the customer profile, | 打开顾客信息 |
[10:07] | swiped to the diagnostic menu, | 滑到诊断菜单 |
[10:10] | clicked “payment.” | 点击”支付” |
[10:12] | You just texted me another selfie. | 你又给我发了张自拍 |
[10:16] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[10:17] | I just got your message. What’s the problem? | 我刚收到你的短信 出什么问题了 |
[10:18] | I’m gonna tell you what the problem is. | 我告诉你出什么问题了 |
[10:19] | Your stupid system got me sending pictures to dudes! | 你那白痴系统让我给大老爷们发照片 |
[10:23] | Okay. There’s nothing wrong with the system. | 系统没问题 |
[10:25] | You must’ve made a mistake. | 你一定是操作错误了 |
[10:26] | You know, the only mistake I made was letting you come up in here | 我唯一的错误就是让你来这 |
[10:29] | and mess up my business. | 给我的生意捣乱 |
[10:30] | Dad, calm down, man, I’ll fix it. | 爸 冷静 我来解决 |
[10:32] | No. I think you’ve fixed enough. | 不 我觉得已经够了 |
[10:34] | I’m just trying to help you. | 我只是想帮你 |
[10:35] | You want to help? Get out of my shop, and take this thing with you. | 想帮忙吗 拿上这个滚出我的店 |
[10:40] | Fine. You don’t want my help? Stay stuck in the past. | 行 不想让我帮忙 继续做你的老古董吧 |
[10:43] | You don’t even know what you’re talking about. | 你都不知道自己在说什么 |
[10:45] | I’m not stuck in the past. | 我可不是老古董 |
[10:47] | All right, y’all sit tight. | 你们都别急 |
[10:48] | I’m gonna go in here and check my shoebox file. | 我进去翻下鞋盒里的资料 |
[10:57] | – There you go, baby. – Oh, thank you. | -给 宝贝 -谢谢 |
[10:59] | Hey, I’m surprised Marty’s not here. | 马蒂居然没来 |
[11:01] | He loves your waffles. | 他很喜欢你做的华夫饼 |
[11:02] | He’s not coming. He texted to say he’s too mad at your father. | 他不来了 他发短信说他被你爸气死了 |
[11:07] | Well, that’s too bad. | 真遗憾 |
[11:08] | He don’t know what he’s missing, | 他不知道自己错过了什么 |
[11:09] | but, uh, he’s about to. | 但是 他马上要知道了 |
[11:13] | Waffles. | 华夫饼 |
[11:16] | Those are my waffles. | 那是我的华夫饼 |
[11:18] | How could you treat Marty like that? | 你怎么能这么对马蒂 |
[11:19] | He was just trying to help. | 他只是想帮忙 |
[11:21] | Well, all he did was make things more complicated. | 他只是把事情弄得更复杂了 |
[11:23] | By the time I figured out how to charge Mrs. Perkins | 等我搞清楚怎么收铂金斯太太 |
[11:26] | for her oil change, she was due for another one. | 换机油的钱 她都要换第二次了 |
[11:31] | Yeah, Pop, if you’re not gonna upgrade, | 老爹 如果不升级 |
[11:33] | how do you expect to compete with Motor Boys? | 怎么跟汽车小子竞争 |
[11:35] | Well, I’m glad you asked. | 我就等你问呢 |
[11:37] | You know, I spent all night coming up | 我花了一整晚 |
[11:39] | with a brilliant marketing strategy | 想到一个绝妙的推广策略 |
[11:41] | that is gonna bring in tons of new business. | 可以招揽无数的生意 |
[11:44] | 免费保养 卡尔文维修站 | |
[11:44] | Holla! | 看 |
[11:48] | Free tune-ups? How can we afford to do that? | 免费保养 成本怎么承担 |
[11:51] | Oh, it’s easy. Just read the fine print. | 很简单 请阅读细则 |
[11:54] | “One free tune-up after 15 at full price. | “十五次正价保养后免单一次 |
[11:57] | Offer good for one week only”? | 一周内有效” |
[12:01] | That’s pretty slick, huh? | 很精明吧 |
[12:04] | Believe what I tell you, | 相信我 |
[12:05] | Motor Boys is going down. | 汽车小子玩完了 |
[12:10] | So, that’s your big plan? | 这就是你的宏伟计划 |
[12:11] | You gonna beat Motor Boys by standing on the corner | 你站在街角转牌子 |
[12:13] | and spinning that sign? | 就能打败汽车小子了 |
[12:14] | No. You are. | 不 是你转 |
[12:25] | Oh, hey, Gemma. What’s up? | 杰玛 什么事 |
[12:27] | Not much. Just running some errands, doing some shopping, | 没什么 办办事 买买东西 |
[12:30] | wondering if I’m a terrible mom. | 思考我是不是坏妈妈 |
[12:33] | What? | 什么 |
[12:34] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你 |
[12:36] | Do you ever feel like Calvin’s a better parent than you? | 你有没有觉得卡尔文当家长比你更称职 |
[12:43] | Girl, please. Right now he has one son that’s not talking to him | 妹子别闹 目前他的一个儿子不跟他说话 |
[12:46] | and the other that’s out working the street corner. | 另一个在街角干活 |
[12:49] | Sit down. Tell me what’s going on. | 坐吧 跟我说说 |
[12:51] | Dave decided no screens for Grover while I was gone, | 我出差期间 戴夫不让葛罗弗用电子产品 |
[12:54] | and it went great. | 结果特别顺利 |
[12:56] | But every time I’ve tried, it’s been a disaster. | 但每次我尝试 都是一场灾难 |
[12:58] | Oh, no. I’m sure it wasn’t that bad. | 不会吧 肯定没那么糟 |
[13:00] | Last time, I was so worn out, | 上次我累得不行 |
[13:02] | I told Grover it was daylight savings | 我告诉葛罗弗夏令时到了 |
[13:04] | and sent him to bed at 3:00. | 下午三点就让他去睡觉了 |
[13:08] | Well, girl, that’s nothing. | 那根本不算什么 |
[13:09] | Back when the boys were younger, we used to play hide-and-seek. | 我家俩儿子还小的时候 我们会玩捉迷藏 |
[13:12] | And the boys would search around the house for an hour, | 他们在家里拼命找了一小时 |
[13:14] | while I’d be napping in the car. | 而我在车里补觉 |
[13:18] | Well, Dave doesn’t need any naps. | 戴夫不需要补觉 |
[13:20] | Grover hasn’t had a screen in almost three days, | 葛罗弗将近三天没碰电子产品了 |
[13:22] | and he hasn’t broken a sweat. | 他一点儿都没费劲 |
[13:24] | Three days, huh? | 三天是吗 |
[13:27] | Well, then, why are Grover and I | 那葛罗弗怎么 |
[13:28] | playing Words with Friends right now? | 在和我玩填字游戏 |
[13:33] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[13:34] | I know. What kind of freaky eight-year-old | 就是啊 哪个八岁熊孩子 |
[13:37] | knows the word “cacophony”? | 会拼”魔音穿耳”这个词 |
[13:42] | Hey, Calvin’s Pit Stop. | 卡尔文维修站 |
[13:44] | We got free tune-ups. | 提供免费保养 |
[13:46] | Well, kind of. | 算是吧 |
[13:48] | Malcolm, what the hell, man? | 马尔科姆 怎么搞的 |
[13:51] | You’ve been out here, like, two hours | 你站了两个小时 |
[13:52] | and not a single new customer’s come into the shop. | 一个新客人都没有 |
[13:55] | How is that my fault? Look, nobody’s paying attention. | 那又不是我的错 根本没人注意这个 |
[13:58] | That’s ’cause you’re spinning the sign wrong. | 因为你转牌子的姿势不对 |
[14:01] | Look, you need to put some stank on it. | 你得转出风格来 |
[14:04] | Pop, the sign is not the problem. | 老爹 问题不在于牌子 |
[14:06] | If you want to help your business, | 如果你想改善生意 |
[14:07] | you need to listen to Marty. | 就得听马蒂的 |
[14:08] | And maybe apologize to him while you’re at it. | 顺便向他道歉 |
[14:12] | He needs to be apologizing to me for messing up my shop. | 他把我店里搞得一团糟 他才应该道歉 |
[14:15] | Now give me this. Let me show you how to do this, man. | 把牌子给我 我来教你 |
[14:18] | You got to get down with it. See that? Look at that. | 你得投入 看到没 |
[14:20] | Look at that– spin that. Whoo! | 看着 转起来 |
[14:24] | Look at that. Look at that. | 看着 看好了 |
[14:25] | For example, see, check this out. | 比如这样 看好了 |
[14:32] | I killed it right there. | 我太厉害了 |
[14:33] | Look at that. Back at it, back around. | 看着 转过去 再转回来 |
[14:35] | Up, up, you flip it, then you, like, ride it. Like that. | 抬起来 翻过来 然后骑上去 |
[14:38] | Look at that. | 看好了 |
[14:40] | I killed that. You like that? | 我太厉害了 怎么样 |
[14:41] | Check this out right here. | 看看这招 |
[14:48] | You know what? On second thought, | 转念一想 |
[14:50] | – maybe it’s a good time to talk to Marty. – Yeah. | -还是找马蒂聊聊吧 -没错 |
[14:57] | Quick, Mom’s home. | 快 妈妈回来了 |
[14:59] | Oh, what’s that, bud? | 你说什么 儿子 |
[15:00] | I’m the best dad of all time? | 我是有史以来最棒的爸爸 |
[15:02] | Come here. | 抱一个 |
[15:06] | Oh, hey, Gem, I didn’t see you there. | 杰玛 你什么时候回来的 |
[15:09] | You probably didn’t hear me come in with all the noise. | 噪音太大 你可能没听见我进来 |
[15:12] | Some might call it a cacophony. | 应该算”魔音穿耳”吧 |
[15:17] | I’ll be upstairs. | 我上楼了 |
[15:21] | So, what’d you two do while I was gone? | 我出差期间你们都做什么了 |
[15:23] | Well, all kinds of stuff. | 各种各样的事 |
[15:24] | We built Legos, read books, played board games. | 搭乐高 看书 玩桌游 |
[15:28] | Really? Which ones? | 是吗 哪些游戏 |
[15:30] | Sorry? Risk? Trouble? | 道歉 危险 麻烦 |
[15:35] | You know, all of them. | 都玩了 |
[15:38] | What was that? | 什么声音 |
[15:41] | It sounds like, uh, my toast is ready. | 听起来 我的面包烤好了 |
[15:46] | Ooh, I could go for some toast right now. | 我正好想吃面包 |
[15:49] | Darn it. You know, I forgot to put the bread in. | 见鬼 我忘记放面包了 |
[15:58] | Well, look at that. Grover was playing Words with Tina. | 瞧瞧这个 葛罗弗在和缇娜玩填字游戏 |
[16:03] | What? | 什么 |
[16:07] | When did he– | 他什么时候… |
[16:08] | That little stinker. | 那个小混蛋 |
[16:11] | Dave, give it up. I know you gave him screen time. | 戴夫 招了吧 我知道你让他玩电子产品了 |
[16:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:15] | You’re right. Sorry. | 你说得对 对不起 |
[16:18] | It’s just that when you said that I couldn’t do it, | 你说我做不到的时候 |
[16:20] | it made me want to do it. | 让我很想去做 |
[16:21] | And then when I was doing it, | 然后等我做的时候 |
[16:22] | I realized I couldn’t do it. | 我发现我真的做不到 |
[16:26] | And your solution was to lie to me? | 你的解决办法就是对我撒谎 |
[16:29] | You made me feel like a terrible mom. | 你让我觉得自己是个差劲的妈妈 |
[16:31] | You are not a terrible mom. You’re a great mom. | 你才不是差劲的妈妈 你是出色的妈妈 |
[16:34] | You’re the best mom. | 你是最棒的妈妈 |
[16:35] | Sometimes I wish you were my mom. | 有时候我希望你是我妈 |
[16:38] | Well, then, why didn’t you just tell me the truth? | 那你怎么不跟我说实话 |
[16:40] | Well, because I was disappointed with myself. | 因为我对自己很失望 |
[16:44] | And I really liked you thinking that I was this amazing dad. | 你觉得我是好爸爸 我很开心 |
[16:49] | You are an amazing dad. | 你就是好爸爸 |
[16:52] | But parenting is hard. | 但为人父母很难 |
[16:54] | And us not being honest with each other just makes it harder. | 如果我们彼此不坦诚的话 就更难办了 |
[16:58] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我明白 对不起 |
[17:03] | But I think you’re right. | 但我觉得你说得对 |
[17:04] | Grover probably does need to spend less time on screens. | 葛罗弗真的该少玩点电子产品了 |
[17:07] | Well, what do you think? Like, an hour a day? | 你觉得多久比较好 每天一小时 |
[17:10] | That sounds about right. | 差不多 |
[17:11] | How about two? | 两小时行吗 |
[17:14] | How about I put you to bed at three o’clock again? | 你还想三点睡觉吗 |
[17:18] | I knew that wasn’t daylight savings. | 我就知道那不是因为夏令时 |
[17:24] | Nice try, aliens. | 想得美 外星人 |
[17:26] | You thought you were slick, | 你以为你很狡猾 |
[17:27] | but there is a new Galactic Sheriff in town, | 但是新任银河警长在此 |
[17:29] | and his name is– Oh! | 他的名字是… |
[17:30] | I died. | 我死了 |
[17:34] | Who is it? | 谁 |
[17:36] | Hey, M-Marty, look, I came by just to, uh… | 马蒂 我过来… |
[17:41] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[17:42] | Playing a video game. | 玩电子游戏 |
[17:44] | Really? ‘Cause you look like Ray Charles trying to ski. | 是吗 看起来像学滑雪的雷·查尔斯 |
[17:50] | Look, I get it. You think technology is stupid. | 我知道 你觉得科技很蠢 |
[17:52] | But I’m kind of in the middle of something, | 但我正忙着呢 |
[17:54] | so feel free to grab a hard candy on your way out. | 出门的时候别忘了拿块糖 |
[18:06] | Dad? Is that you? | 爸 是你吗 |
[18:08] | What is all this stupid space crap? | 这是什么破太空游戏 |
[18:11] | It’s you. | 真的是你 |
[18:14] | Hey, look, son… | 听着 儿子 |
[18:15] | Dad, if you want to talk, you got to shoot some aliens. | 爸 如果你想聊聊 就先打外星人 |
[18:17] | There’s a button on your right controller… | 你右边控制器有个按钮 |
[18:21] | Whoa, you really seem to know what you’re doing with that blaster. | 爆能枪玩得挺溜 |
[18:23] | Of course I do. | 当然了 |
[18:24] | I’m from the streets, Marty. | 我在街头混过 马蒂 |
[18:27] | So, now what? | 然后呢 |
[18:28] | Well, we want to take cover | 我们得藏起来 |
[18:29] | before more Kurblock drones find us. | 免得又被库尔布洛克无人机发现 |
[18:31] | Follow me. | 跟着我 |
[18:38] | So, son, about what happened at the shop, | 儿子 店里发生的事 |
[18:42] | I know you were only trying to help, | 我知道你是想帮忙 |
[18:44] | but all your new technology is too much change for me. | 但是你的新科技让我一时难以接受 |
[18:47] | Look out. Laser arrows! | 小心 激光箭 |
[18:52] | Damn, these Kurblocks don’t play. | 靠 库尔布洛克还挺狠 |
[18:56] | Look, I know change is hard for you, | 我明白你很难接受改变 |
[18:59] | but I’ve seen you do it plenty of times. | 但我看你经历过很多次了 |
[19:00] | First you resist, but once you buy in, | 你先是抗拒 但一旦接受了 |
[19:03] | – you wonder what took you so long. – Like when? | -又会后悔没早点改变 -什么时候 |
[19:05] | Like when you refused to give up your flip phone. | 比如你本来不想换掉翻盖手机 |
[19:08] | I loved that thing. | 我可喜欢了 |
[19:09] | When you slammed it shut, people knew you hung up on their ass. | 用力合盖 别人就知道你挂电话时的愤怒 |
[19:14] | Yeah, but when you finally got your smartphone, | 但你用上智能手机后 |
[19:16] | you realized how much better it was. | 就发现它的好处了 |
[19:18] | And how about when Mom wanted to get a new mattress | 还有那次老妈想买新床垫 |
[19:20] | but you didn’t want memory foam? | 但你不想要记忆棉的 |
[19:22] | I didn’t like the idea of my bed | 我可不想让我的床垫记得 |
[19:23] | remembering what I did in it the night before. | 我前一晚在上面干过什么 |
[19:27] | Yeah, but what happened that first night you slept on it? | 但你睡完第一晚以后呢 |
[19:30] | It was great. | 感觉很好 |
[19:31] | I slept so hard my left arm didn’t wake up for a week. | 我睡得太香了 左臂麻了一个星期 |
[19:35] | Exactly. I’m telling you, | 对吧 所以说 |
[19:37] | if you give this new system a chance, | 如果你试着接受新系统 |
[19:38] | you’re gonna pick it up faster than you think. | 你会比想象中学得更快 |
[19:41] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[19:43] | I am one of the smartest people I know. | 毕竟我认识的人没有比我聪明的 |
[19:46] | See? No one believes in you more than you. | 瞧 自信最重要 |
[19:50] | Thanks, son. Come on. | 谢谢 儿子 过来 |
[19:52] | Bring it in. | 抱一个 |
[19:58] | Oh, Dad, look out! | 爸 小心 |
[20:02] | Kurblock, please. | 不是吧 库尔布洛克 |
[20:09] | And that’s why, in the year 3215, | 所以 3215年 |
[20:11] | the Galactic Assembly exiled the Vortulons | 银河战队把沃图隆人 |
[20:13] | from the Andromeda Compact. | 逐出了《仙女座公约》 |
[20:14] | Although, there were some economic factors | 虽然有一些经济因素 |
[20:18] | – that played into… – Marty. | -影响了… -马蒂 |
[20:20] | What part of “the streets” don’t you get? | 听不懂我说的混街头吗 |
[20:22] | I’m just here to blast these fools. | 我只是来这干翻这些蠢货的 |
[20:26] | Oh, hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[20:30] | Dave? Are you in Marty’s apartment, too? | 戴夫 你也在马蒂的公寓吗 |
[20:32] | No, I’m at Best Buy. | 不 我在百思买 |
[20:34] | Now that I’m back on screens, I’m checking out VR headsets. | 我又开始玩游戏了 所以来试试虚拟现实头盔 |
[20:37] | Wait your turn, kid. | 还没到你呢 小子 |
[20:41] | Well, since you’re here, | 既然你也在 |
[20:42] | you want to help us take out some aliens? | 要不要和我们一起打外星人 |
[20:43] | Actually, I came for a new vacuum. | 其实我是来买吸尘器的 |
[20:46] | What do you guys think? | 给我点意见 |
[20:46] | Do I go modern upright or classic canister? | 现代款还是经典款 |
[20:49] | Or, and I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, Roomba? | 要不唱个反调 买扫地机器人 |
[20:54] | Dave, watch out! Incoming! | 戴夫 小心 敌袭 |
[20:57] | I don’t see anybody. | 我怎么没看到 |
[20:58] | I was talking about me. | 我说的是我自己 |