时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Here you go, Miss Kim. Fresh off the griddle. | 给 金女士 刚出锅的 |
[00:05] | Thank you, Dave. | 谢谢 戴夫 |
[00:07] | I’m so glad you decided to run against Isaiah Evans. | 你能和以赛亚·埃文斯竞选真是太好了 |
[00:11] | That man plays dirty. | 那个人很下流 |
[00:14] | And I know, ’cause I play dirty, too. | 我很清楚 因为我也很下流 |
[00:19] | Okay, well, that’s, uh… tha-that’s good to know. | 好吧 谢谢你告诉我 |
[00:24] | If you want something good… | 如果你想尝点甜头 |
[00:26] | come by my house tonight. | 今晚来我家吧 |
[00:30] | Bring the maple syrup. | 带上枫糖浆 |
[00:35] | Careful, Dave. | 小心点 戴夫 |
[00:36] | She made that same offer to Marty | 马蒂竞选学生会时 |
[00:38] | when he ran for student council. | 她也是这么对马蒂说的 |
[00:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:41] | Poor kid hasn’t eaten a pancake since. | 可怜的孩子 后来再也没吃过煎饼了 |
[00:42] | Poor kid hasn’t eaten a pancake since. | 可怜的孩子 后来再也没吃过煎饼了 |
[00:45] | Hey, I got to say, this turnout is better than I expected. | 不得不说 来的人比我想象的多啊 |
[00:47] | Hey, I got to say, this turnout is better than I expected. | 不得不说 来的人比我想象的多啊 |
[00:49] | I know. People are really starting to listen to my ideas. | 是啊 人们开始听取我的想法了 |
[00:52] | Budget reform, zoning regulations, traffic abatement. | 预算改革 分区法规 交通管制 |
[00:55] | Yeah, I’ve heard them. | 是啊 我听过 |
[00:57] | That’s why I said it’s a better turnout than I expected. | 所以我才说来的人比我想象的要多 |
[01:01] | Cal, look, it’s Isaiah. | 卡尔文 看 是以赛亚 |
[01:02] | What’s he doing here? | 他来这里做什么 |
[01:04] | If he’s trying to get old Miss Kim’s vote, | 如果他想得到金女士的选票 |
[01:05] | he can have it. | 那就拿去吧 |
[01:07] | Dave Johnson, Calvin Butler. | 戴夫·强森 卡尔文·巴特勒 |
[01:10] | How you two doing this morning? | 你们俩今早怎么样啊 |
[01:12] | How does it look like we’re doing? | 你觉得我们怎么样 |
[01:14] | All these people here are to support my boy, Dave. | 这些人都是来支持我兄弟戴夫的 |
[01:17] | Yeah, and it’s because of my ideas, | 是的 他们是因为我的想法 |
[01:19] | not my signature smiley-face pancakes. | 不是我的招牌笑脸煎饼 |
[01:24] | Hey, when I win, | 等我赢了以后 |
[01:25] | maybe I’ll appoint you Secretary of Flapjacks. | 也许我会任命你为煎饼秘书 |
[01:27] | maybe I’ll appoint you Secretary of Flapjacks. | 也许我会任命你为煎饼秘书 |
[01:31] | What-what are you doing here, | 你来干嘛的 |
[01:34] | besides getting Dave’s hopes up for a fake pancake job? | 除了让戴夫对虚假的煎饼工作抱有希望 |
[01:36] | Look, I just stopped by to wish him | 我只是顺路过来 |
[01:38] | best of luck at the debate tonight. | 祝他今晚的辩论好运的 |
[01:40] | What debate tonight? | 今晚 什么辩论 |
[01:42] | The one I challenged you to a month ago. | 一个月前我就邀请你了啊 |
[01:44] | You didn’t challenge me to any debate. | 你没邀请过我参加辩论啊 |
[01:46] | I didn’t? | 没有吗 |
[01:48] | Hold up, let me check my e-mail. | 稍等 我检查一下邮箱 |
[01:51] | My bad. | 我的错 |
[01:53] | I forgot to press send. | 我忘记点发送了 |
[01:56] | Oh, you know. I can’t believe you. | 真是太扯了 |
[01:58] | This is just another one of your dirty tri… | 你又在玩阴的 |
[02:00] | Hold on, I’m getting an e-mail. | 等等 我收到一个邮件 |
[02:03] | Damn it! | 可恶 |
[02:05] | What the hell, Isaiah? | 搞什么鬼 以赛亚 |
[02:07] | You can’t challenge him to a debate on the same day, | 你今天才邀请他辩论 |
[02:09] | and expect him to show up. | 他怎么可能去呢 |
[02:12] | Well, that’s too bad. | 太可惜了 |
[02:13] | There’s gonna be a lot of people there. | 到时候会有很多人观看的 |
[02:15] | And if you don’t show up, | 如果你没有出现 |
[02:18] | you’re gonna look like a coward. | 大家肯定觉得你是懦夫 |
[02:21] | See you tonight, Secretary. | 今晚见 煎饼秘书 |
[02:26] | Calvin, what am I supposed to do? | 卡尔文 我应该这么办 |
[02:28] | This is a disaster. | 太操蛋了 |
[02:29] | I don’t know, I mean, | 不知道啊 |
[02:32] | whether it’s Isaiah or Miss Kim, | 不管是以赛亚还是金小姐 |
[02:34] | you gonna get a spanking tonight. | 你今晚都要被虐了 |
[02:45] | I can’t believe this. How could Isaiah ambush me with a debate? | 难以置信 以赛亚怎么能突然让我参加辩论呢 |
[02:47] | I can’t believe this. How could Isaiah ambush me with a debate? | 难以置信 以赛亚怎么能突然让我参加辩论呢 |
[02:49] | Ooh, it makes me so mad. When stuff like this happens, | 我好气 每次有这种事 |
[02:51] | it makes me want to fight for Dave. | 我都想为戴夫而战 |
[02:53] | Don’t worry, you are. | 别担心 你在为他而战啊 |
[02:54] | You’re doing everything you can to help him win. | 你正在尽全力帮助他获胜 |
[02:56] | No, I mean literally fight. | 不 我是说真的打架 |
[02:59] | I want to punch Isaiah in the face | 我想糊以赛亚的脸 |
[03:01] | till I can’t feel my hand anymore. | 直到我的手没有知觉 |
[03:04] | I told you, Tina, that girl got some hood in her. | 我说吧 缇娜 这妹子挺野的 |
[03:08] | Guys. | 伙计们 |
[03:10] | I need at least a month to prepare for a debate, not six hours. | 我至少需要一个月来准备辩论 而不是六个小时 |
[03:13] | I need at least a month to prepare for a debate, not six hours. | 我至少需要一个月来准备辩论 而不是六个小时 |
[03:15] | Actually, it’s four hours. | 其实只剩四个小时了 |
[03:17] | Damn it! | 可恶 |
[03:19] | Now my watch is broken, too. | 我的表都坏了 |
[03:22] | Sweetie, don’t worry. | 亲爱的 别担心 |
[03:24] | You have got a million great ideas. | 你有很多优秀的想法啊 |
[03:26] | You are gonna get up there and you’re gonna knock them dead. | 直接上台惊艳全场吧 |
[03:30] | Oh, okay, yeah, may-maybe you’re right. | 好吧 也许你是对的 |
[03:32] | You know, first I’ll-I’ll warm them up | 我先用学校资助计划 |
[03:34] | – with my plans for school funding and then… – Yeah. | -来暖个场 然后 -嗯 |
[03:36] | then I’ll hit them with my parks safety initiative | 然后谈谈公园安全倡议 |
[03:38] | and then… and then I’ll blow them away with my… | 接着用我的社区回收计划 |
[03:40] | with my community recycling project. | 让他们彻底折服 |
[03:42] | – Ooh, they will not see that coming. – All right! | -他们绝对想不到的 -好嘞 |
[03:46] | What do you guys think? | 你们觉得呢 |
[03:47] | Trust me, you’re gonna need to add a little flash and a little swag. | 相信我 你得炫酷一点 起点范 |
[03:50] | Boring as hell. | 相当无聊 |
[03:53] | Look, Dave, the community needs a guy like you, | 戴夫 社区需要一个像你这样的人 |
[03:57] | but if you want to win over voters around here, | 但是如果你想赢得这里的选票 |
[04:00] | you’re gonna have to give them a show. | 必须得加点戏 |
[04:02] | What part of “Neighborhood Composting Club” | “社区堆肥俱乐部”这几个字 |
[04:06] | doesn’t scream “showtime”? | 戏还不够多吗 |
[04:11] | Dave, Isaiah may not have much substance, | 戴夫 虽然以赛亚没什么真材实料 |
[04:15] | but he knows how to work a crowd. | 但是他很会煽动群众 |
[04:17] | If you want to compete with him, you got to bring the heat. | 如果你想和他竞争 就得活跃气氛 |
[04:19] | Yes, you got to be less mayonnaise and more hot sauce. | 嗯 少放点蛋黄酱 多加点辣酱 |
[04:25] | What’s wrong with mayonnaise? | 蛋黄酱怎么了嘛 |
[04:26] | It’s what brings a baloney sandwich to life. | 熏肠三明治就是靠它问世的 |
[04:30] | Trust me, you’re gonna need to add a little flash and a little swag. | 相信我 你得炫酷一点 起点范 |
[04:32] | Trust me, you’re gonna need to add a little flash and a little swag. | 相信我 你得炫酷一点 起点范 |
[04:33] | If you want to talk about school funding… | 如果你想谈谈资助学校的问题 |
[04:35] | How about this? | 不如这样 |
[04:37] | We got to fund schools… | 资助学校 |
[04:40] | or graduate fools! | 傻瓜变少 |
[04:43] | Okay… that was actually really good. | 这句真的很棒 |
[04:46] | Yeah, did you just come up with that? | 是啊 你是现想的吗 |
[04:48] | I’m a dragon, guys. I just spit fire. | 我是龙 伙计们 喷火小意思 |
[04:52] | Okay, well, come on, man. | 那来吧 伙计 |
[04:54] | Burn my village down. | 烧毁我的村庄吧 |
[04:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:59] | All right, check this out. | 好吧 听听这句 |
[05:00] | We can’t be safe in the park, | 公园太黑 |
[05:03] | if it’s too damn dark. | 危险相随 |
[05:08] | Or recycle your trash, | 垃圾回收 |
[05:10] | and we’ll give you some cash. | 现金到手 |
[05:15] | But that one’s not true. | 但是没有现金啊 |
[05:16] | Doesn’t matter, it rhymes. | 这不重要 押韵了就行 |
[05:18] | I’m sold. | 有道理 |
[05:20] | Isaiah’s going down tonight. | 以赛亚今晚完蛋了 |
[05:23] | That’s what I’m talking about, baby. Give me some. | 这才对嘛 兄弟 击个拳 |
[05:24] | Yuck! | 我靠 |
[05:26] | How do you always do it where your knuckle goes right in between mine? | 你怎么总是用你的指节怼我的指节之间 |
[05:28] | How do you always do it where your knuckle goes right in between mine? | 你怎么总是用你的指节怼我的指节之间 |
[05:32] | *The neighborhood will be saved if you vote for Dave* | *如果你投戴夫 邻里就会得救* |
[05:34] | *He’s bringing policies that you all should crave* | *他带来了你们渴求的政策* |
[05:37] | *Polls open at 8:00, so don’t be late* | *投票八点开始 所以不要迟到* |
[05:39] | *Just vote for Dave, it’s gonna be great, hey* | *投戴夫的票 未来很美好* |
[05:42] | *Vote for Dave, got to vote for Dave, yeah-yeah, vote for Dave* | *投票给戴夫 投票给戴夫* |
[05:45] | – *You got to vote for Dave…* – Marty, Marty? | -*快给戴夫投票* -马蒂 马蒂 |
[05:49] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[05:52] | Besides ruining hip-hop for a nine-year-old? | 除了污染九岁孩子的嘻哈 |
[05:55] | We-We were doing a livestream to encourage young people | 我们在直播号召年轻人 |
[05:57] | to get out and vote for Dave. | 为戴夫投票啊 |
[05:58] | Oh, okay, well, how many viewers you got? | 你们有多少观众 |
[06:01] | Three. | 三个 |
[06:02] | And they’re saying you ruined hip-hop for them, too. | 而且他们也说你污染了他们的嘻哈 |
[06:06] | All right, look, look, I like what you’re going for, | 好吧 听着 你们的初衷挺好 |
[06:10] | but if you’re trying to get eyes on your video, | 但是如果你们想吸引观众 |
[06:12] | you’re going about this the wrong way. | 这样是不行的 |
[06:13] | Look, I know what you’re gonna say, Malcolm, | 我知道你想说什么 马尔科姆 |
[06:15] | but I’m not taking my top off. | 但我是不会脱上衣的 |
[06:17] | No, man. | 不 伙计 |
[06:18] | Listen, there’s only one surefire way | 听着 只有一种方法 |
[06:21] | to get lots of attention online. | 可以在网上吸引大量观众 |
[06:22] | Okay, and what’s that? | 好吧 什么方法 |
[06:24] | To film yourself doing something incredibly stupid, | 拍自己做的蠢事 |
[06:26] | and if you get hurt doing it, | 要是拍摄时受个伤 |
[06:29] | it could go viral. | 就肯定能火 |
[06:30] | Marty’s rapping definitely hurt me. | 马蒂的说唱真的让我很受伤 |
[06:34] | Yeah, well, I’m talking about one of those online stunts, | 嗯 我说的是网络段子 |
[06:37] | you know, like riding down the stairs in a shopping cart | 比如坐在购物车里滑下楼 |
[06:39] | or jumping off a roof into a swimming pool. | 或者从屋顶跳进游泳池 |
[06:41] | I’ve seen these videos where people eat really hot peppers– | 我看过有人吃超级辣的辣椒 |
[06:43] | they’re awesome. | 就很酷啊 |
[06:46] | Great idea. | 好主意 |
[06:48] | Yeah, we can do that while we tell people to vote for Dave. | 我们可以边吃辣椒 边让大家给戴夫投票 |
[06:50] | Well, all right, I’m in! | 好啊 算我一个 |
[06:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:53] | But our three viewers say | 但是我们三位观众说 |
[06:55] | you should definitely keep your shirt on. | 你千万别脱上衣 |
[07:02] | Dave Johnson, Calvin Butler. | 戴夫·强森 卡尔文·巴特勒 |
[07:04] | Nice suit. | 西服不错啊 |
[07:06] | I’ve never seen someone so… | 我从没见过这么呆板的人 |
[07:09] | dull look so sharp. | 还能这么精神 |
[07:11] | You won’t be seeing anything with your eyes swollen shut. | 等你的眼睛肿起来 就什么也见不到了 |
[07:15] | No, no, easy, Gemma, easy. | 别这样 淡定 杰玛 |
[07:17] | Now let’s go inside. | 我们进去吧 |
[07:20] | Damn, Calvin, you were right, she hood as hell. | 天呐 卡尔文 你说得对 她是真的野 |
[07:25] | I got to admit, Dave, I didn’t think you’d show up. | 说实话 戴夫 我以为你不会来呢 |
[07:28] | If I would’ve known I would’ve brought my PJs and a pillow. | 早知道我就带上睡衣和枕头了 |
[07:30] | If I would’ve known I would’ve brought my PJs and a pillow. | 早知道我就带上睡衣和枕头了 |
[07:31] | Oh, it’s you. | 是你啊 |
[07:35] | Well, I hope you’re ready for a bedtime snack, because… | 希望你准备好睡觉前的零食了 因为 |
[07:38] | I’m working with some pretty spicy mayo tonight. | 今晚的蛋黄酱可是有点辛辣哦 |
[07:41] | Oh, yeah, this baloney sandwich got flavor you can savor. | 好好品尝一下这个熏肠三明治吧 |
[07:44] | Oh, yeah, this baloney sandwich got flavor you can savor. | 好好品尝一下这个熏肠三明治吧 |
[07:48] | You know what, give him a taste of that spicy spread. | 要不这样 先让他尝一点你的辣度 |
[07:52] | We got to fund the schools or graduate fools. | 资助学校 傻瓜变少 |
[07:54] | or graduate fools! | 傻瓜变少 |
[07:56] | Facts! | 事实 |
[08:00] | We can’t be safe in the park if it’s too damn dark. | 公园太黑 危险相随 |
[08:03] | We can’t be safe in the park if it’s too damn dark. | 公园太黑 危险相随 |
[08:05] | Goosebumps. | 鸡皮疙瘩都起来了 |
[08:09] | If you recycle your trash, we will give you some cash. | 垃圾回收 现金到手 |
[08:11] | If you recycle your trash, we will give you some cash. | 垃圾回收 现金到手 |
[08:14] | Give me a bite of that baloney sandwich. | 熏肠三明治给我来一口 |
[08:18] | That’s right, and we’re doing it all for Dave Johnson. | 没错 我们完全是为了戴夫·强森 |
[08:20] | it sounds like we are gonna have some fun up there, hmm. | 看来这会是一场有趣的辩论啊 |
[08:22] | Ooh, and, Calvin, | 对了 卡尔文 |
[08:23] | enjoy your mouthful of Dave’s baloney. | 好好品尝戴夫的”熏肠”吧 |
[08:29] | Hi, Pasadena, I’m Marty Butler and don’t worry, | 帕萨迪纳 我是马蒂·巴特勒 不用担心 |
[08:32] | I’m keeping my shirt on. | 我不会脱上衣的 |
[08:35] | And I am Malcolm Butler and we are here | 我是马尔科姆·巴特勒 |
[08:37] | on behalf of Dave Johnson for city council. | 我们支持戴夫·强森竞选市议员 |
[08:40] | And to show you how far we’re willing to go to get your vote, | 为了表达我们希望大家投票的诚意 |
[08:42] | we’re both gonna eat these tombstone ghost peppers– | 我们俩要把这些墓碑鬼辣椒吃掉 |
[08:45] | aka one of the hottest peppers in the world. | 这是世界上最辣的辣椒之一 |
[08:47] | That is right, and these bad boys | 是的 这些小鬼头 |
[08:49] | are, like, ten times hotter than a jalapeño. | 比墨西哥胡椒还要辣十倍 |
[08:52] | Yeah, try 600. | 其实是六百倍 |
[08:53] | Say what now? | 你说啥 |
[08:55] | Whoa, this is gonna be even stupider than I thought. | 这比我想象的还要蠢 |
[08:59] | What, you said, like, 600? | 什么 你说六百倍 |
[09:01] | That’s right, and we’re doing it all for Dave Johnson. | 没错 我们完全是为了戴夫·强森 |
[09:03] | – On three– one… two… – Okay, here we go. | -数到三 一 二 -好的 开始吧 |
[09:04] | – On three– one… two… – Okay, here we go. | -数到三 一 二 -好的 开始吧 |
[09:06] | – I can do this! – three! | -我可以的 -三 |
[09:07] | Oh, I can’t do it! | 我做不到 |
[09:08] | What? Malcolm, what the hell? | 马尔科姆 搞什么啊 |
[09:10] | We were both supposed to do it… Oh God, it’s starting! | 我们都应该吃 天啊 开始了 |
[09:11] | We were both supposed to do it… Oh God, it’s starting! | 我们都应该吃 天啊 开始了 |
[09:17] | Okay, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[09:20] | if everyone will please take their seats, | 大家请就坐 |
[09:22] | we’re ready to begin. | 我们准备开始了 |
[09:25] | Councilman Evans, would you like to start with your opening statement? | 埃文斯议员 你先做开场陈述吧 |
[09:27] | Councilman Evans, would you like to start with your opening statement? | 埃文斯议员 你先做开场陈述吧 |
[09:28] | Thank you, Dave. | 谢谢 戴夫 |
[09:30] | Now, y’all know me. | 大家都认识我 |
[09:33] | You know that I care deeply | 大家知道我非常关心 |
[09:36] | about the issues that affect our community. | 影响我们社区的问题 |
[09:38] | And there is no issue that I care about more | 毫无疑问 我最关心的是 |
[09:40] | And there is no issue that I care about more | 毫无疑问 我最关心的是 |
[09:42] | about than the education of our children. | 我们孩子的教育问题 |
[09:44] | That’s why I’ve always said | 所以我一直在说 |
[09:47] | You got to fund the schools, or graduate fools. | 资助学校 傻瓜变少 |
[09:49] | or graduate fools! | 傻瓜变少 |
[09:55] | What?! | 什么 |
[09:58] | Calvin, that was your line. | 卡尔文 那是你的词 |
[09:59] | I know, right? | 我知道啊 |
[10:01] | Goosebumps. | 鸡皮疙瘩都起来了 |
[10:09] | My people, can we talk? | 伙计们 我们能谈谈吗 |
[10:11] | Now tell me, is this a safe space? | 告诉我 这里安全吗 |
[10:15] | You know what else I’d like to make safe? | 你们知道我还想确保什么安全吗 |
[10:17] | The park. | 公园 |
[10:19] | Because you can’t be safe in the park if it’s too damn dark. | 因为公园太黑 危险相随 |
[10:28] | That is my line. You stole my li… | 那是我的词 你偷了我的 |
[10:30] | You’re clapping for me and you don’t know it. | 你们在为我鼓掌 可你们却不知情 |
[10:35] | That is… that is sad, | 真可悲 |
[10:37] | saying that I recycled his line. | 他说我回收了他的台词 |
[10:40] | But while we are on the topic of recycling, | 既然说到了回收 |
[10:42] | you know what I’ve always said. | 你们都知道我的口头禅 |
[10:44] | If you recycle your trash, we will give you some cash. | 垃圾回收 现金到手 |
[10:47] | If you recycle your trash, I will give you some cash! | 垃圾回收 现金到手 |
[10:54] | That’s it, Isaiah. | 够了 以赛亚 |
[10:57] | My fist is about to vote for your face! | 我的拳头要投向你的脸了 |
[11:00] | Don’t worry, Dave. I got him. | 别担心 戴夫 有我呢 |
[11:02] | Hey, baldy! | 秃子 |
[11:04] | We’ll see you in the parking lot. | 停车场见 |
[11:09] | What am I supposed to do? He stole all my lines. | 我该怎么办 他偷了我所有的台词 |
[11:11] | Look, don’t worry, I got a plan. | 别担心 我有个计划 |
[11:13] | Okay, well, what is it? | 什么计划 |
[11:14] | Okay, so I don’t have a plan. | 好吧 我没有计划 |
[11:17] | But the good news is is neither does Isaiah. | 但是以赛亚也不知道啊 |
[11:19] | But the good news is is neither does Isaiah. | 但是以赛亚也不知道啊 |
[11:20] | He just used up all our catchphrases, | 他把我们的口头禅都说完了 |
[11:22] | which means from this point on, he’s got nothing. | 也就是说从现在开始 他没话说了 |
[11:26] | Now, uh, that little commotion certainly was entertaining, | 刚才的小骚动确实挺有意思的 |
[11:28] | was it not? | 不是吗 |
[11:29] | But I tell you what, | 但我告诉你们 |
[11:31] | it’s not as entertaining as this. Hit it! | 这个更有意思 奏乐 |
[11:38] | *It’s too damn dark, it’s too damn dark, uh-ruh.* | *太他妈黑了 太他妈黑了* |
[11:39] | *We got to light that park* | *我们得点亮公园* |
[11:42] | *It’s too damn dark, we got to light the park* | *太他妈黑了 我们得点亮公园* |
[11:45] | *Come on, light the park* | *来吧 点亮公园* |
[11:48] | *Come on, light the park* | *来吧 点亮公园* |
[11:56] | Oh, God, I’m burning up. | 天啊 太辣了 |
[11:59] | I’m hot in places I didn’t know heat could happen. | 我都不知道能热辣成这样 |
[12:05] | Yeah, uh, speaking of heat, Dave Johnson has plenty of it, | 说到热度 戴夫·强森的热度非常高 |
[12:09] | and with your support, we can push him over the top. | 有了你们的支持 就可以把他推上巅峰 |
[12:11] | Anything to add, Marty? | 有什么要补充的吗 马蒂 |
[12:13] | I need water! | 我需要水 |
[12:16] | This is great. | 太棒了 |
[12:18] | We’re up to 500 viewers. | 我们有五百个观众了 |
[12:19] | Oh, that’s awesome, man. | 太棒了 |
[12:21] | And we’ll get way more when Marty finds out | 等到马蒂发现喝完水更辣了 |
[12:22] | that water only makes it worse. | 观众就会更多了 |
[12:25] | The water only made it worse! | 喝完水更辣了 |
[12:30] | This is amazing! We’re getting a ton of comments. | 太棒了 我们收到了很多评论 |
[12:33] | Are they saying they’re gonna vote for your dad? | 他们说要投票给你爸爸吗 |
[12:34] | Actually, most of them are calling you a giant coward. | 其实大部分人都说你是懦夫 |
[12:38] | Totally agree. | 完全同意 |
[12:42] | You know what? Fine. Show you who a coward is. | 好吧 让你们看看谁才是懦夫 |
[12:46] | Dave Johnson for city council. | 戴夫·强森竞选市议员 |
[12:51] | I don’t know why you did all that whining, ’cause it’s… | 你抱怨个什么劲 这一点 |
[12:53] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[12:56] | And it only gets so much worse. | 过会就更辣了 |
[13:02] | *Throw your hands in the air* | *举起手来* |
[13:05] | *And wave ’em like you just don’t care* | *挥挥手 仿佛根本不在乎* |
[13:07] | *If you love me like I love me* | *如果你们像我一样爱我* |
[13:09] | *Everybody say, “Oh, yeah”* | *大家一起喊 哦耶* |
[13:11] | – *Oh, yeah* – *Isaiah* | -*哦耶* -*以赛亚* |
[13:13] | That’s it, Isaiah. | 够了 以赛亚 |
[13:15] | *I’m-a light the park, light the park* | *我要点亮公园 点亮公园* |
[13:17] | *It’s too damn dark, it’s too damn dark, uh-ruh.* | *太他妈黑了 太他妈黑了* |
[13:19] | *I’m-a light the park, light the park* | *我要点亮公园 点亮公园* |
[13:22] | *It’s too damn dark, it’s too damn dark, uh-ruh.* | *太他妈黑了 太他妈黑了* |
[13:28] | Sit down! Sit down! This is a debate. | 坐下 坐下 这是辩论会 |
[13:30] | You’re not supposed to be enjoying yourselves. | 你们这么嗨干嘛 |
[13:36] | People say that politics is boring. | 人们总说政治很无聊 |
[13:39] | And speaking of boring, here’s Dave. | 说到无聊 我就想到了戴夫 |
[13:43] | Okay, you know what? Uh, Dave… | 好吧 戴夫 |
[13:45] | Thank you, Dave. | 谢谢 戴夫 |
[13:46] | You mind if I ask Councilman Evans a few questions before you start? | 你介意我先问埃文斯议员几个问题吗 |
[13:49] | You mind if I ask Councilman Evans a few questions before you start? | 你介意我先问埃文斯议员几个问题吗 |
[13:51] | By all means. | 请便 |
[13:53] | And, uh, please, feel free to take your time. | 慢慢问 我一点都不急 |
[13:56] | Okay, Calvin. What would you like to know? | 好吧 卡尔文 你想问什么 |
[13:59] | You know, before your song and dance routine, | 在你的歌舞表演之前 |
[14:02] | you were talking about school funding. | 你说到资助学校 |
[14:05] | Now, I’m sure we can all agree that the catchphrases were genius. | 我相信大家都觉得那个口号太绝了 |
[14:07] | Now, I’m sure we can all agree that the catchphrases were genius. | 我相信大家都觉得那个口号太绝了 |
[14:12] | But I’m curious– | 但我很好奇 |
[14:14] | how do you plan to pay for it? | 你打算怎么资助呢 |
[14:18] | That is a good question. | 好问题 |
[14:21] | But, uh, the answer is very complicated, | 但是答案很复杂 |
[14:24] | and I wouldn’t want to bore you with all the details. | 细说的话太无聊了 还是算了 |
[14:28] | That’s Dave’s job. | 那是戴夫的工作 |
[14:31] | Well, maybe it’s because you don’t have any answers. | 也许是因为你没有答案 |
[14:34] | But you know who does? | 但是你们猜猜 谁知道呢 |
[14:36] | Dave. Spit fire on ’em, Dave. | 戴夫 喷火吧 戴夫 |
[14:41] | Well, for starters, the budget could easily be amortized, | 首先 预算可以分期偿还 |
[14:45] | and since the fiscal calendar starts in June, which, actually… | 因为财政日历从六月开始… |
[14:47] | Okay. You-you know what? That’s enough fire. | 好了 其实吧 火够大了 |
[14:50] | Okay. You-you know what? That’s enough fire. | 好了 其实吧 火够大了 |
[14:53] | That’s enough fire. | 火够大了 |
[14:55] | Dave has a real plan, and Isaiah’s got nothing. | 戴夫拥有真正的计划 以赛亚啥也没有 |
[14:59] | I have a plan. | 我有计划 |
[15:01] | Okay. Then let’s hear it. | 好吧 说来听听 |
[15:04] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[15:06] | Without rhyming or dancing. | 不要押韵也不要跳舞 |
[15:07] | Yeah, Councilman. | 是的 议员先生 |
[15:10] | I would like to hear your thoughts about the budget. | 我想听听你对预算的看法 |
[15:16] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[15:19] | Well, because you mentioned the fiscal calendar, | 既然你提到了财政日程 |
[15:22] | I would like to know… | 我想知道 |
[15:25] | are there any birthdays in the house? | 这里有人今天过生日吗 |
[15:28] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[15:30] | It’s like I said, guys– nothing. | 我说吧 伙计们 啥也没有 |
[15:33] | So what we have to decide | 所以大家好好想想 |
[15:36] | is do we want a flashy song and dance man | 我们需要花哨的唱跳男孩 |
[15:38] | or someone who has actual good ideas? | 还是真正有好想法的人 |
[15:41] | You mean like my plan to light up our parks using solar power? | 你是说用太阳能点亮公园那样的想法吗 |
[15:47] | Solar power. You know what that means. | 太阳能 你们知道这意味着什么 |
[15:50] | No light bill. | 没有电费 |
[15:55] | That’s right, that’s ri… And guess what we can recycle | 没错 猜猜我们能把这些积蓄 |
[15:57] | those savings back into? | 回收做点什么 |
[15:59] | Recycling. | 回收循环 |
[16:01] | Oh, goodness, come on. | 天啊 拜托 |
[16:05] | This guy is talking about saving the planet. | 这家伙想拯救地球啊 |
[16:08] | And I don’t know about y’all, but I love Earth. | 我不知道你们怎么想 但我爱地球 |
[16:11] | It’s where I’m from. | 这是我的家乡 |
[16:14] | Now, hold on, everybody. | 别急啊 各位 |
[16:17] | He’s not the only one from Earth. | 他不是唯一的地球人 |
[16:19] | No, he is not. | 嗯 他不是 |
[16:21] | We are all from Earth. | 我们都是地球人 |
[16:25] | And together, I believe that we can make | 我相信如果大家团结一心 |
[16:27] | our little part of it better for everyone. | 就能过上更好的日子 |
[16:31] | Because in District Three, you deserve the best. | 因为三区的居民应该过上最好的生活 |
[16:33] | Because in District Three, you deserve the best. | 因为三区的居民应该过上最好的生活 |
[16:36] | And if you elect me your next city councilman, | 如果你们选我当下一任市议员 |
[16:38] | I promise to work my butt off to make that happen. | 我保证自己会尽力帮助大家的 |
[16:41] | I promise to work my butt off to make that happen. | 我保证自己会尽力帮助大家的 |
[16:47] | Oh, Dave! Dave! | 戴夫 戴夫 |
[16:49] | Dave, mic drop. | 戴夫 扔麦克风 |
[16:51] | Dave, mic drop. | 戴夫 扔麦克风 |
[16:55] | Very sorry about that. That was my first-ever mic drop. | 非常抱歉 这是我第一次扔麦克风 |
[16:56] | Very sorry about that. That was my first-ever mic drop. | 非常抱歉 这是我第一次扔麦克风 |
[17:06] | I don’t understand. | 怎么回事 |
[17:08] | When are they gonna announce the results? | 他们什么时候公布结果啊 |
[17:10] | I know, this is crazy. | 对啊 太扯了 |
[17:11] | I mean, the polls have been closed for over… | 投票已经结束 |
[17:13] | I got to get this watch fixed. | 我得修一下表 |
[17:16] | Sweetie, calm down. | 亲爱的 淡定 |
[17:18] | We’ve done all we can do. | 我们已经尽力了 |
[17:20] | Yeah, she’s right, Dave. | 她说得对 戴夫 |
[17:21] | I mean, you killed Isaiah at the debate. | 你在辩论上完爆了以赛亚 |
[17:23] | And everybody loved that video of yours. | 大家都很喜欢你们的视频 |
[17:25] | Yeah, and I still can’t believe how many people watched it. | 是啊 我还是不敢相信那个视频的观看人数 |
[17:28] | Yeah, we even got a standing ovation | 救护车抵达急诊室的时候 |
[17:29] | when our ambulance got to the E.R. | 还有人起立鼓掌呢 |
[17:32] | Dad, look, they’re announcing the results. | 爸爸 看 他们要宣布结果了 |
[17:36] | And turning to some of the local races, | 现在播报本地选举新闻 |
[17:38] | we have results for Pasadena City Council. | 帕萨迪纳市议会有结果了 |
[17:42] | In District One, Kathleen Conrad keeps her seat. | 一区 凯瑟琳·康拉德连任成功 |
[17:46] | District One? Why would they start with that one first? | 一区 他们为什么要先说那个区 |
[17:49] | In District Two, Daniel Ramirez | 二区 丹尼尔·拉米雷斯 |
[17:51] | has defeated incumbent Bob Billings. | 击败了现任市议员鲍勃·比林斯 |
[17:54] | Okay, we’re District Three. Here we go, we’re next. | 好 我们是三区 下一个到我们了 |
[17:57] | In District Four… | 四区 |
[18:01] | …Betty McBride unseats Patrick Yang. | 贝蒂·麦克布莱德夺走了帕特里克·杨的职位 |
[18:03] | And in District Three… | 三区 |
[18:05] | – Oh, this is it. – All right, here we go, man. | -到了 -好了 来吧 |
[18:07] | …in what turned out to be a surprisingly close contest, | 票数居然这么接近 |
[18:10] | challenger Dave Johnson | 挑战者戴夫·强森 |
[18:13] | has lost to longtime councilman Isaiah Evans. | 输给了老议员以赛亚·埃文斯 |
[18:16] | What?! | 什么 |
[18:18] | But you ran rings around him. | 但是你把他打得落花流水啊 |
[18:20] | – What the… – Man… | -搞什么 -靠 |
[18:23] | Dave, you okay? | 戴夫 你没事吧 |
[18:25] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m okay. I just… | 嗯 我没事 我只是 |
[18:27] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[18:31] | I’m so sorry, sweetie. | 我很遗憾 亲爱的 |
[18:33] | Yeah, Dave. We all are. | 嗯 戴夫 我们都很遗憾 |
[18:35] | Guys, it-it’s okay. | 伙计们 没事的 |
[18:37] | It’s like y’all said, you know, we did everything we could. | 就像你们说的 我们已经尽力了 |
[18:42] | I’m just gonna go out and get some air. | 我出去透透气 |
[18:50] | Marty, are you crying? | 马蒂 你在哭吗 |
[18:53] | Oh, not because of this. | 不是因为这个结果 |
[18:56] | It’s been happening off and on since I ate that hot pepper. | 我吃了那个辣椒以后 就时不时这样了 |
[19:04] | Hey, man. Just thought I’d come check on you. | 伙计 我来看看你 |
[19:07] | I’m fine. I’m just disappointed. | 我没事 只是有点失望 |
[19:11] | Yeah, I know. So am I. | 是啊 我也是 |
[19:15] | I just don’t get it. Everyone at the debate | 我真不明白 辩论会上的人都看到了 |
[19:18] | saw that Isaiah had nothing, and… | 以赛亚啥也没有 |
[19:21] | he still won. | 但他还是赢了 |
[19:25] | I know it’s frustrating, man, but you ran a hell of a race. | 我知道你很沮丧 但你表现得很好了 |
[19:27] | I mean, think about it. | 你好好想想 |
[19:29] | When you first started, | 你刚开始竞选的时候 |
[19:31] | everybody said you didn’t have a chance. | 大家都说你没希望的 |
[19:33] | Who said that? | 谁说的 |
[19:36] | Well, first it was me, but, uh… | 一开始是我 但是 |
[19:40] | …I didn’t think it was gonna catch on. | 我没想到大家都很赞同 |
[19:45] | I just really wanted to make a difference, Calvin. | 我真的很想做出改变 卡尔文 |
[19:47] | But instead, I feel like I wasted everyone’s time. | 但是我好像浪费了所有人的时间 |
[19:50] | What are you talking about? You did make a difference. | 你说什么呢 你做出了改变啊 |
[19:52] | No, I didn’t. I lost. | 不 我没有 我输了 |
[19:54] | Look, no, what you did was put Isaiah on notice. | 不 你给了以赛亚一个警告 |
[19:58] | I mean, a lot of people around here finally realized | 这里很多人终于意识到 |
[20:01] | that he hasn’t done anything for them in a long time, | 以赛亚已经很久没有为社区做过什么了 |
[20:04] | and that they should expect more from him. | 他们应该对以赛亚有更高的期望 |
[20:06] | So if he plans on keeping his job, | 所以如果他想保住这个职位 |
[20:10] | he’s gonna have to follow through on all those great ideas | 他就得贯彻那些 |
[20:12] | he stole from you. | 从你那里偷来的好想法 |
[20:14] | You think so? | 你真的这么想吗 |
[20:15] | Hell yeah, I do. | 当然了 |
[20:17] | Look, Dave, | 听着 戴夫 |
[20:20] | you may not have won tonight, | 虽然你今晚输了 |
[20:22] | but the community did. | 但是社区赢了 |
[20:24] | And that’s what you set out to do. | 这不就是你的初衷嘛 |
[20:28] | You’re a good friend, Calvin. | 你真是个好朋友 卡尔文 |
[20:30] | You’re right. I am. | 你说得对 |
[20:34] | Come on, man. Everybody’s inside waiting on you. | 走吧 伙计 大家都在里面等你呢 |
[20:38] | Nah, you go in. | 不 你进去吧 |
[20:39] | I’m gonna hang out here for a minute. | 我再在这里待一会儿 |
[20:41] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -嗯 |
[20:44] | Oh, Dave! Dave! | 戴夫 戴夫 |
[20:45] | I heard someone needs some cheering up. | 我听说有人需要一点鼓励啊 |
[20:48] | Oh, no, no. You better get inside. Go, go, go, go. | 不不 你还是进去吧 走走走 |
[20:52] | You stay there, Ms. Kim. No, no. | 你待着别动 金小姐 不不 |
[20:54] | You didn’t get Marty and you’re not gonna get Dave. | 你得不到马蒂 戴夫你也别想 |