时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, Grover, we’re almost there. | 葛罗弗 我们马上就要到了 |
[00:04] | Check out our new neighborhood. | 看看我们的新社区吧 |
[00:06] | I guess it looks cool. | 我看着还行 |
[00:08] | I’ll tell Grammy how nice it is | 我会告诉奶奶这儿挺好的 |
[00:10] | so she won’t be worried we moved. | 这样她就不会担心我们搬走了 |
[00:12] | Aw, did Grammy tell you she was worried? | 奶奶说了她很担心吗 |
[00:14] | She said she wishes we didn’t have to live so far away. | 她说不希望我们搬得这么远 |
[00:19] | She also wishes we weren’t moving to a black neighborhood. | 她还说不希望我们搬到黑人社区 |
[00:25] | – I am really gonna miss your mom. – Okay. | -我会想你的妈的 -好吧 |
[00:28] | Buddy, I-I wouldn’t call it a black neighborhood. | 小家伙 我可不会把这里叫做黑人社区 |
[00:30] | Really? He’s black. He’s black. | 真的吗 他是黑人 他也是黑人 |
[00:34] | She’s black. | 她还是黑人 |
[00:35] | Would you look at over there? That’s a palm tree. | 看那 那儿有棵棕榈树 |
[00:37] | Oh, yeah, right next to that black guy. | 真的诶 就在那个黑人旁边 |
[00:41] | All right, son. | 好了 儿子 |
[00:43] | It’s time to set up for Yardecue Day. | 该为院烤日做准备了 |
[00:44] | Got to get the tables, fire up the smoker, and prep the meats. | 摆好桌子 生上火 准备肉 |
[00:47] | Yeah. That sounds like a whole lot. | 是啊 听上去有一大堆事要做 |
[00:49] | You’d better get busy. | 你赶紧忙活起来 |
[00:52] | What’s so important on your phone? | 你手机这么重要吗 |
[00:54] | I know it’s not looking for a job. | 反正你肯定不是在找工作 |
[00:57] | It’s a video talking about evolution. | 是一个关于进化的视频 |
[00:59] | It says the number one key to survival | 上面说生存的第一法则 |
[01:01] | is being able to adapt to change. | 就是要学会适应变化 |
[01:03] | You know, the number one key to your survival | 你现在的生存第一法则 |
[01:05] | is getting your butt up and helping me stack some wood. | 就是赶紧站起来帮我堆柴火 |
[01:08] | Hey, hey, Pop, look. | 老爹啊 |
[01:10] | I hate stacking that wood, man. There’s always spiders. | 我讨厌堆柴火 那儿全是蜘蛛 |
[01:13] | Exactly. That’s why you’re stacking the wood | 对啊 所以才要你来堆 |
[01:17] | Six, seven, eight… | 六 七 八 |
[01:20] | Sweetie, please stop counting black people. | 宝贝 别再数黑人了行吗 |
[01:24] | Okay, just because there’s more diversity here | 好吧 虽然这里的人种和我们不同 |
[01:27] | doesn’t mean we won’t get along with everyone. | 并不代表我们就和他们合不来 |
[01:29] | Inside of all these homes | 在这些房子里 |
[01:30] | are people and families that are just like us. | 住着的都是和我们一样的家庭 |
[01:33] | Plus, my new school where you’re gonna go is super close by. | 再说 你要去的新学校离也我们很近 |
[01:36] | Yes, and that’s another reason why we chose this house. | 对 这也是我们选择这里的原因 |
[01:38] | Grammy says that it was the only house that we could afford. | 奶奶说只有这里住得起 |
[01:41] | Wow, it’s like she’s still here. | 她还真是阴魂不散 |
[01:52] | A spider is on me! It got me! | 蜘蛛 蜘蛛爬我身上了 |
[01:56] | It’s not funny, man. | 一点都不笑 |
[01:57] | You know, you are extra annoying on Yardecue Day. | 每次到院烤日你都超烦人的 |
[02:00] | Son, how can you have such a bad attitude on a day like today? | 儿子啊 你今天态度怎么这么差 |
[02:04] | Yardecue Day is about bringing our community together | 院烤日的意义在于让街坊四邻齐聚一堂 |
[02:07] | to celebrate what makes this neighborhood special. | 以此歌颂让我们社区变得特别的人 |
[02:10] | – Which is? – Me. | -是 -我 |
[02:14] | Seriously, son, | 我说真的 儿子 |
[02:16] | our family’s been in this neighborhood for generations, | 咱们家好几代人都住在这个社区 |
[02:18] | and the culture that we helped to create | 帮助建立的社区文化 |
[02:20] | is worthy of respect. | 是绝对值得尊敬的 |
[02:22] | Now you watch the firebox while I go in and season the meat. | 你看好烤箱 我进去给肉调调味 |
[02:25] | Oh, boy, you mean I actually get to touch the smoker? | 你是说我能碰烤台 |
[02:28] | No, you don’t get to touch the smoker. | 不能碰 |
[02:30] | I said watch the smoker. Don’t touch the smoker. | 我让你看烤台 没让你碰 |
[02:34] | I’m the only one touches the smoker. | 只有我才能碰 |
[02:37] | Man, I hate Yardecue Day. | 我讨厌院烤日 |
[02:43] | Hey, we’re your new neighbors, the Johnsons. | 我们是你的新邻居 强森一家 |
[02:46] | Dave, hurry. He needs to pee. | 快点 戴夫 他尿急 |
[02:47] | I’m sorry. Long drive, big soda. | 抱歉 开了很久的车 苏打水喝多了 |
[02:51] | I’m coming, hold on. | 来了来了 别急 |
[02:53] | Hey, look, our neighbor’s diverse, too. | 快看啊 我们的邻居也是有色人种 |
[03:00] | Although maybe today’s gonna be more fun than I thought. | 看来今天会比我想的有意思啊 |
[03:13] | Hey, Ma. | 妈 |
[03:15] | I heard tires screech. | 我听到轮胎摩擦声了 |
[03:17] | I hate it when those gangbangers tear up the street. | 那些帮派小混子真是无法无天了 |
[03:20] | You know, I saw them. | 我看到他们了 |
[03:21] | Uh, I’m not too sure what gang they would be a part of. | 应该不是帮派的 |
[03:24] | Oh, really? Well, who was it, then? | 是吗 那是谁 |
[03:26] | Oh, it’s the new neighbors. | 我们的新邻居 |
[03:27] | Says their names are the Johnsons. | 说叫强森 |
[03:29] | Johnsons? | 强森 |
[03:30] | Well, all right. | 好啊 |
[03:33] | It is good to hear another successful black family | 很高兴又有一个成功的黑人家庭 |
[03:35] | moving into that nice house. | 搬进了那个好房子 |
[03:37] | You know, keeping the neighborhood | 这能让我们社区 |
[03:38] | headed in a positive direction. | 朝着积极的方向前进 |
[03:40] | I’m so glad to hear you say that. | 听你这么说真的太棒了 |
[03:43] | Calvin, how about we go over there | 卡尔文 我们过去 |
[03:44] | and invite them to Yardecue Day. | 邀请他们来参加院烤日吧 |
[03:46] | You know what, that’s a good idea. | 这主意不错 |
[03:48] | I think that is a great idea. | 我觉得这个主意非常好 |
[03:54] | How I look, baby? | 宝贝 我看上去如何 |
[03:55] | As handsome as ever, baby. | 还是那么帅 宝贝 |
[03:57] | Hey there. | 你们好 |
[03:59] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:03] | We’re-we’re looking for the Johnsons. | 我们是来拜访强森家的 |
[04:05] | Well, you found ’em. Dave Johnson. Nice to meet you. | 我就是 戴夫·强森 幸会 |
[04:09] | Take a step back. | 往后退一步 |
[04:10] | so I can see the handshake. | 让我看你们握手 |
[04:12] | Uh, nice to meet you, too. | 幸会 |
[04:14] | I’m Tina. This is my husband Calvin. | 我是缇娜 这是我的丈夫卡尔文 |
[04:16] | We’re the Butlers. | 我们姓巴特勒[管家] |
[04:17] | Oh, great, ’cause I rang for some tea about a half hour ago. | 太好了 我半个小时前摇铃要了茶 |
[04:22] | – What the…? – Actually, we’re your new neighbors. | -什么 -其实 我们是你的新邻居 |
[04:25] | And we live right next door. | 就住隔壁 |
[04:26] | Oh, no way. This is you guys right here? | 不是吧 你们住这 |
[04:28] | It’s so nice to meet you. | 见到你们真高兴 |
[04:30] | So, your name is Johnson? | 你的名字叫强森 |
[04:32] | Like-like Magic Johnson, Dwayne Johnson? | 和魔术师强森 道恩·强森 |
[04:35] | All the other black Johnsons? | 所有的黑人强森一样吗 |
[04:37] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:38] | And like Magic Johnson, I’m from Michigan, | 和魔术师强森一样 我也是密歇根的 |
[04:40] | and like Dwayne Johnson, I rock. | 和道恩·强森一样 我也是巨石[牛逼] |
[04:44] | That’s pretty f… | 那真是 |
[04:47] | – That’s a pretty serious smoker you got there. – Oh, yeah. | -那个烤台不错啊 -是啊 |
[04:50] | Calvin built it himself. | 卡尔文自己造的 |
[04:51] | We own an auto repair shop. | 我们开了个修车店 |
[04:53] | Calvin’s really good with tools. | 卡尔文很擅长使用工具 |
[04:54] | Oh, that’s so cool. I love to barbecue. | 那真不错 我喜欢烧烤 |
[04:56] | What kind of wood do you use? | 你用什么木头 |
[04:58] | Hickory. Little mixture of oak and pecan. | 山核桃木 还有一点橡木和胡桃木 |
[05:01] | I’d love to try that someday. | 改天我也想试试 |
[05:03] | – I bet you would. – Why don’t you, uh… | -可不嘛 -要不你 |
[05:05] | come by later. | 晚点过来 |
[05:06] | A bunch of people from the neighborhood are gonna stop by. | 邻居们都会来 |
[05:09] | You know, I don’t know that we can. | 我不确定 |
[05:11] | The movers should be here any minute. | 搬家公司随时会到 |
[05:12] | Aw, just come by for a bit. | 就过来待一会 |
[05:14] | In this neighborhood, we believe in hospitality. Right? | 这里的人都很好客 对吧 |
[05:17] | But we also believe in privacy, | 但我们也尊重隐私 |
[05:19] | so, you know, do what you got to do. You know. | 你该干嘛就干嘛去吧 |
[05:22] | – Okay, well, we’ll try to make it over for a plate. – Well, all right. | -好的 我们尽量过来尝尝 -好的 |
[05:24] | Okay. It was so nice to meet you guys. | 好的 见到你们真的很开心 |
[05:25] | – Yeah, okay. – Nice to meet you. | -好的 -很开心认识你 |
[05:26] | – We’ll see you later. – All right. | -一会见 -好的 |
[05:28] | – All right, okay. – I’m gonna kill you. | -好的 -我要宰了你 |
[05:33] | I just got off the phone with the movers. | 我刚和搬家公司打完电话 |
[05:35] | They won’t be here until tomorrow. | 他们明天才到 |
[05:37] | There was a huge accident on the highway. | 高速上发生特大交通事故了 |
[05:39] | Oh, that’s great! | 太棒了 |
[05:42] | I mean, I-I hope no one was hurt. | 希望没人受伤 |
[05:44] | But now we can go to the barbecue. | 但我们可以去吃烧烤了 |
[05:46] | – What barbecue? – Next door. Our neighbors just invited us. | -什么烧烤 -隔壁邻居刚邀请了我们 |
[05:49] | Oh, that’s nice. | 那不错啊 |
[05:51] | But where are we supposed to sleep tonight? | 但我们今晚睡哪呢 |
[05:53] | Ooh, the camping gear’s in the car. | 车里有露营装备 |
[05:55] | I could set it up in here. | 我可以在这里搭起来 |
[05:56] | Okay. But I guess that means | 好的 那就是说 |
[05:59] | you’re gonna have to pitch a tent for me. | 你要为我支个帐篷了 |
[06:02] | I can pitch a tent if you chop my wood. | 你要是砍我木头的话 我就支 |
[06:08] | – Sweetie, we really need to work on our sexy talk. – Yeah, that was… | -宝贝 我们得练下情话了 -嗯 |
[06:10] | That was bad. That was bad. | 真是太差劲了 |
[06:12] | Hello! Uh, hi. | 你好 |
[06:13] | I’m Marty Butler. My parents told me you just moved in and… | 我是马蒂·巴特勒 我爸妈说你们刚搬过来 |
[06:20] | I had to come and see for myself. | 我想过来看看 |
[06:23] | Well, hi. I’m Dave Johnson. Come on in. | 我是戴夫·强森 请进 |
[06:25] | This is my wife Gemma. | 这是我妻子杰玛 |
[06:26] | Hi, Gemma. | 杰玛 |
[06:29] | Oh, boy, oh, boy, they weren’t kidding | 天了噜 他们真没开玩笑 |
[06:31] | when they said you guys were-were… | 他们说你们 |
[06:32] | were not from around here. | 不是附近的人 |
[06:35] | Oh, no. We just moved here from a small town in Michigan. | 嗯 我们之前住密歇根的一个小镇 |
[06:38] | Right into this neighborhood. I love it. | 直接搬到这里 真棒 |
[06:41] | And why wouldn’t you? Look at these built-ins. | 也是 看看这些家具 |
[06:43] | Oh, I know. | 是吧 |
[06:44] | Aren’t they to die for? | 都能为之而死了吧 |
[06:46] | They might just be. | 还真可能 |
[06:49] | I’m sorry, what? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[06:49] | No, it’s just that there aren’t a lot of other people | 没事 只是这附近像你们这样的人 |
[06:52] | like you around here. | 不是很多 |
[06:54] | I’m sorry, are-are you saying | 不好意思 你是说 |
[06:55] | it’s gonna be a problem that we live here? | 我们住在这会有麻烦吗 |
[06:57] | No, not at all. No, not for me. You know, I’m an engineer, | 不 我没问题 我是个工程师 |
[07:00] | so all the science says it’s good | 所有科学研究表明 |
[07:01] | for people to live in diverse communities. | 住在一个多元化社区是大有益处的 |
[07:03] | Well, good. We couldn’t agree more. | 那就好 我们非常同意 |
[07:05] | Yeah, it’s too bad my dad hates science. | 但很不幸 我爸讨厌科学 |
[07:09] | Calvin? But he just invited us to a barbecue. | 卡尔文 他刚邀请我们一起去烧烤 |
[07:11] | Oh, no. No, actually, my mom did. | 不 不是 其实是我妈邀请的 |
[07:14] | At least, that’s how it’s being discussed very loudly | 至少他们正在家非常大声地 |
[07:16] | at my house right now. | 讨论这件事 |
[07:18] | Well, Gem, if that’s how he feels, we shouldn’t go. | 小杰 如果他这样觉得 我们别去了 |
[07:21] | I’m afraid it’s not that easy. | 恐怕事情没那么简单 |
[07:22] | You see, my mom invited you into her home. | 你看 我妈邀请你去她家 |
[07:25] | If you don’t come, she will be offended. | 如果你不去 她就会不爽 |
[07:27] | Won’t she understand? | 她不能体谅一下吗 |
[07:28] | Seriously? | 逗我呢 |
[07:31] | What is it like where you come from? | 你们老家是个什么地方 |
[07:34] | Besides, you got to come | 再说了 你们非来不可 |
[07:36] | or you’ll seem racist. | 不然感觉有种族歧视 |
[07:37] | Is that the original hardware on this door? | 这门上的锁是原来的那把吗 |
[07:40] | What? We are not racist. | 什么 我们没有种族歧视 |
[07:43] | If-if anyone’s being racist, it sounds like it’s your dad. | 如果非要说谁有种族歧视 感觉像是你爸 |
[07:46] | Ooh, no, no, no, no, no. See, uh, | 不 不 不 你看 |
[07:48] | black people can’t be racist. | 黑人不可能有种族歧视 |
[07:50] | We can be racial. | 我们是个种族 |
[07:53] | Not “cist.” | 但没有”歧视” |
[07:55] | “Cial.” “Cist.” | “种族” “歧视” |
[07:57] | Well, we’re not “cist” or “cial” or… | 我们没有”歧视” 也不是”种族” |
[08:00] | Whatever we are, we’re not. | 什么都没有 |
[08:03] | Your mom was nice enough to invite us, | 你妈非常友好 邀请了我们 |
[08:05] | and where we come from, that means something. | 在我们老家 很有意义 |
[08:07] | We’re going. | 我们去 |
[08:08] | – Okay, but, Gem, we’re… – I said we’re going. | -但是小杰 我们 -我说了要去 |
[08:11] | And we are gonna have fun! | 我们肯定会很开心的 |
[08:16] | Oh, I know I’m gonna have some fun. | 反正我肯定很开心 |
[08:26] | Hey, Pop, Mom wants to know how… | 老爹 妈想问下你怎么… |
[08:33] | That’s what you get for pulling that little stunt | 这就是你之前跟邻居 |
[08:35] | you did with the neighbors earlier. | 耍小伎俩的报应 |
[08:37] | You lucky it’s the smoke the only thing that’s choking you. | 你只被烟呛已经算走运了 |
[08:42] | Okay, man. | 好吧 |
[08:43] | Look, why are you so mad that that guy’s coming over here? | 你这么反感他过来干嘛 |
[08:46] | Because it’s Yardecue Day, and this is my house, | 因为今天是院烤日 而这是我家 |
[08:49] | – and I don’t like that guy. – Oh, yeah? Why? | -我不喜欢那个人 -是吗 为什么 |
[08:52] | Because he’s too familiar. | 因为他太喜欢套近乎了 |
[08:53] | He acts like he knows you when he doesn’t, | 他明明不认识你 还表现得跟你很熟 |
[08:55] | and I can’t stand that. | 我受不了 |
[08:57] | It sounds like he’s just being friendly, Pop. | 听起来他只是很友善 老爹 |
[08:59] | Exactly. It’s weird, man. | 没错 这样很奇怪 |
[09:03] | A-And I’m pretty sure it’s racist, too. | 他肯定有种族歧视 |
[09:06] | Oh, man, he’s cool. | 他挺好的 |
[09:08] | The first thing he did when he got here was shake my hand. | 他一来就跟我握手 |
[09:11] | Son, look, you’re only saying that | 儿子 你这么说是因为 |
[09:13] | because you don’t know there are two types of racists: | 你不知道这世界上有两种种族歧视者 |
[09:16] | there’s ones who hate black people | 讨厌黑人的 |
[09:17] | and ones who love black people. | 和喜欢黑人的 |
[09:20] | A white guy trying to shake your hand? | 白人要和你握手 |
[09:23] | Stay woke, son. | 醒醒吧 儿子 |
[09:26] | Is this meat the only thing you been smoking all day? | 你今天只熏了肉吗[嗑药] |
[09:31] | Son, look, there are some white people | 儿子 有些白人 |
[09:34] | that love black people just because they’re black. | 喜欢黑人只是因为他们是黑人 |
[09:36] | Makes them feel all good on the inside. | 让他们心里很有优越感 |
[09:39] | You know, like they’re doing us a favor. | 就像是帮了我们一样 |
[09:41] | “Hey, I have lots of black friends. | “我有很多黑人朋友 |
[09:44] | I’m a good person. | 我是个好人 |
[09:45] | I find Rihanna very attractive.” | 我觉得蕾哈娜很迷人” |
[09:49] | So, basically, you think this guy is racist | 所以你觉得这个人有种族歧视 |
[09:51] | because he’s too nice to you? | 是因为他对你太客气了 |
[09:53] | Think about it. Would you be nice to me if we just met? | 想想吧 如果我们刚认识你会跟我客气吗 |
[09:58] | Well, damn, that’s a good point. | 要死了 我竟然无法反驳 |
[10:01] | Besides, man, this is a black neighborhood, | 再说了 这是个黑人社区 |
[10:03] | something built for us by us. | 是由我们为自己而建的 |
[10:06] | You let one family like that move in, | 让一家那样的人搬进来 |
[10:08] | and next thing you know, it’s gonna be a bunch of dudes | 下一步就是一群穿着小短裤头的人 |
[10:11] | jogging around in their little short shorts, | 在周围跑来跑去 |
[10:13] | walking their vegan labradoodles. | 遛他们吃素的拉布拉多 |
[10:17] | Dad, do we have to go to the barbecue? | 爸 我们非得去那个烧烤吗 |
[10:19] | Why? Did Mommy say we didn’t have to go? | 怎么了 妈妈说我们可以不用去了吗 |
[10:23] | No. | 没有 |
[10:25] | Well, why don’t you want to go, buddy? | 你为什么不想去呢 |
[10:26] | I think there’s gonna be a bunch of kids over there. | 那里会有一群小孩子的 |
[10:29] | I know, but what if no one wants to play with me? | 我知道 但要是没人愿意跟我玩呢 |
[10:32] | Oh, come here. | 过来 |
[10:34] | Look… | 听着 |
[10:36] | I know you’re scared, and that’s okay. | 我知道你害怕了 没关系 |
[10:39] | I-I’m surprisingly worried, too. | 我居然也很担心 |
[10:43] | But trust me, we’re both gonna go over there. | 不过相信我 今天我们都要去 |
[10:46] | We’re gonna make some friends today. | 然后交些新朋友 |
[10:48] | All right, Johnsons, let’s go make that jerk love us. | 强森们 让那个混蛋爱上我们吧 |
[10:53] | Is Mommy why you’re worried? | 妈咪是你担忧的原因吗 |
[10:55] | She is now. | 现在是了 |
[10:57] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[10:59] | Any sign of the new neighbors yet? | 新邻居有动静了吗 |
[11:00] | Nope. | 没 |
[11:01] | Well, ain’t that something? | 很说明问题了 |
[11:03] | I invite them into my home, laugh at his corny jokes. | 我邀请他们来我家 给他的老笑话捧场 |
[11:07] | You know, he has the audacity not to show up. | 他居然厚颜无耻地放我鸽子 |
[11:09] | – Tina! – Hi, Dave. | -缇娜 -戴夫 |
[11:13] | So glad you could make it. | 你们能来我太高兴了 |
[11:15] | Calvin. | 卡尔文 |
[11:16] | Hey, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[11:19] | Hi, I’m Tina. | 我是缇娜 |
[11:20] | I’m Gemma. This is our son, Grover. | 我是杰玛 这是我们的儿子 葛罗弗 |
[11:23] | Grover? | 葛罗弗 |
[11:26] | Grover Johnson? | 葛罗弗·强森 |
[11:30] | We brought this. | 这是送给你们的 |
[11:30] | We got it to celebrate our first night in the house, | 我们买来庆祝乔迁之喜 |
[11:32] | but we thought it’d be fun to share it with our new neighbors. | 但与新邻居们分享应该更有趣 |
[11:35] | Oh, how thoughtful. | 想得真周到 |
[11:36] | Isn’t that thoughtful, baby? | 是不是很周到 宝贝 |
[11:38] | I’m more of a beer man, myself. | 我更喜欢喝啤酒 |
[11:41] | I’m more of a beer man, too. | 我也更喜欢喝啤酒 |
[11:42] | I just love a good IPA. How about you? | 我最喜欢英式印度淡色啤酒了 你呢 |
[11:44] | Dude, I just like beer. | 伙计 我的喜欢没那么复杂 |
[11:47] | Well, how about we go inside and pop this baby open? | 我们进去把酒打开吧 |
[11:50] | And show all these freeloaders how to bring a gift! | 让这些白吃白喝的瞧瞧礼物是什么样的 |
[11:56] | So aren’t you gonna go in and have some champagne? | 你不进去喝香槟吗 |
[11:59] | No, like I said, I’m-I’m a beer man, too. | 不 我说了 我喜欢啤酒 |
[12:06] | So, let’s take a look at your meat. | 看看你的鸡吧 |
[12:10] | I’m gonna go inside. | 我这就进去 |
[12:23] | You guys playing chess? | 你们在下国际象棋吗 |
[12:26] | Who’s winning? | 谁占上风 |
[12:27] | – Malcolm always beats me, but today I got him… – Checkmate. | -马尔科姆总是赢 但今天我 -将军 |
[12:31] | Oh, you– I’m-I’m-I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[12:33] | That’s-that’s my fault, I distracted you. | 我的错 我让你分心了 |
[12:35] | Yeah. You heard him, he distracted me. | 没错 你听到了 他让我分心了 |
[12:37] | He owes you five dollars, not me. | 他欠你五美元 不是我 |
[12:42] | We started to meet earlier; I’m Dave. | 我们见过了 我是戴夫 |
[12:44] | Hey, Dave. I’m Malcolm. | 戴夫 我是马尔科姆 |
[12:45] | – May I? – Yeah, go ahead, man. | -我能来吗 -当然 来吧兄弟 |
[12:49] | I’m white. | 我是白的 |
[12:53] | Yes, you are. | 确实 |
[12:57] | So, you and Marty both live here? | 你和马蒂都住这里吗 |
[12:59] | Oh, no, I do. When Marty got a job, | 不 只有我 马蒂找到工作后 |
[13:02] | he moved to a different neighborhood. | 就搬出去了 |
[13:04] | Oh, how come? | 为什么 |
[13:05] | Because my dad said, “You got a job, now get out.” | 因为我爸说”你有工作了 滚吧” |
[13:10] | So tell me about the other neighbors. | 跟我说说其他邻居吧 |
[13:12] | Okay. Well, um, that’s Rudy and Teresa’s place over there. | 好 那边是鲁迪和泰瑞莎的家 |
[13:16] | They’re really nice. | 他们人很好 |
[13:17] | Miss Kim, she’s an elderly lady, | 金小姐 她年纪大了 |
[13:18] | she lives over there, and that is where Victor lives. | 她住在那边 维克多住在这边 |
[13:22] | Oh, what’s Victor like? | 维克多是怎样的人 |
[13:23] | Oh, he’s cool, man. | 他挺酷的 兄弟 |
[13:25] | You know, for a crackhead. | 作为一个瘾君子来说 |
[13:29] | I mean, that’s-that’s crazy… | 这太疯狂了 |
[13:30] | that we live across the street from a-a crackhead. | 我们街对面就住着一个瘾君子 |
[13:33] | Hey, man. | 兄弟 |
[13:35] | You can’t be calling Crackhead Victor a crackhead. | 你不能说瘾君子维克多是瘾君子 |
[13:39] | I’m-I’m sorry, but you just did. | 不好意思 但是你也说了 |
[13:41] | I know I did, because I know him like that. | 我知道 因为我和他关系铁 |
[13:43] | You don’t, all right? | 你不行 明白吗 |
[13:45] | That dude used to be the coolest guy on this block. | 那家伙曾经是这个街区最酷的人 |
[13:47] | We used to ride our bikes up and down the street together. | 我们曾经一起骑车在街上来回转悠 |
[13:50] | Wow, so you guys were friends? What happened? | 你们原来是朋友吗 发生了什么 |
[13:53] | The dude started smoking crack. | 他开始吸毒了 |
[13:56] | Man, you know, I used to think | 兄弟 我曾经认为 |
[13:57] | that guys like him were the problem, | 像他那样的人是毒瘤 |
[13:59] | but now, seeing everything that’s going on with the opioid epidemic, | 但是现在了解到阿片类药物泛滥的原因 |
[14:03] | starting to think that it’s the addicts | 开始觉得吸毒者们 |
[14:04] | – who are the real victims. – Absolutely. | -才是真正的受害者 -没错 |
[14:06] | – Who’re the real victims? – The addicts. | -谁是真正的受害者 -吸毒者们 |
[14:08] | Like our neighbor, Crack… | 比如咱们的邻居 瘾… |
[14:12] | Like Victor. | 比如维克多 |
[14:15] | You see, son? | 看到了吗 儿子 |
[14:16] | See? This is what I’m talking about. | 我说什么来着 |
[14:17] | This guy likes black people so much, | 这哥们太喜欢黑人了 |
[14:19] | he thinks he likes Victor. | 他以为自己喜欢维克多 |
[14:22] | Okay. We’ll see how much you like him | 好吧 等你车上的安全气囊被他偷了 |
[14:24] | once he steals all the airbags out your car. | 看你还喜不喜欢他 |
[14:34] | Hey, everybody’s almost gone; maybe we should go, too. | 人都快走光了 我们也该走了吧 |
[14:37] | No way. Tina and I are having fun. | 不行 我和缇娜聊得正欢呢 |
[14:39] | Did you know she was a Laker girl for one game? | 你知道她当过一场湖人宝贝吗 |
[14:43] | But, you know, I don’t think Calvin wants us here. | 但我觉得卡尔文不希望我们待在这里 |
[14:45] | I keep trying to connect with him | 我一直在和他套近乎 |
[14:46] | and nothing seems to be working. | 但是没什么作用 |
[14:48] | Oh, sweetie, relax. You’re trying too hard. | 亲爱的 放松点 你太拼了 |
[14:50] | You’re coming off thirsty. | 你太鸡渴了 |
[14:53] | Tina just taught me that. | 缇娜刚教我的 |
[14:55] | Girl, I realized we have been talking all day, | 我发现咱们聊了半天 |
[14:58] | and I still haven’t asked you why you moved here. | 我还没问你们为什么搬到这里呢 |
[15:00] | Oh, I got a job as a principal | 我找到一份工作 在附近 |
[15:01] | at a little progressive school nearby. | 一家进步教育学校做校长 |
[15:04] | Wait a minute now. What’s a “progressive school”? | 等等 “进步教育学校”是什么 |
[15:06] | Oh, it means they don’t teach the kids anything. | 孩子们在那里什么都学不到 |
[15:10] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[15:11] | We just believe children learn better | 我们认为如果孩子们 |
[15:13] | when they’re motivated by a feeling of personal satisfaction | 以个人满足感而不是成绩为动力 |
[15:15] | instead of grades. | 他们会学得更好 |
[15:16] | Okay. Yeah. Th-That’s the progressive way | 这是我刚才所说的 |
[15:19] | of saying what I just said. | 一种”进步”说法 |
[15:22] | Don’t talk to my new friend like that. | 别这样和我的新朋友说话 |
[15:23] | It’s not her fault that her school sounds stupid. | 她学校听起来蠢 又不是她的错 |
[15:28] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it that way. | 对不起 我不是那个意思 |
[15:29] | It’s cool. I know you weren’t throwing shade. | 没关系 我知道你无意”冒犯” |
[15:33] | I learned that, too. | 也是刚学的 |
[15:35] | Oh, baby, there you are. Come on in, join us. | 宝贝 你来了 快来一起吃 |
[15:38] | Oh, actually, I was gonna eat outside. | 其实我想去外面吃 |
[15:40] | But there’s nobody out there. | 但是外面没有人 |
[15:42] | Exactly. | 所以啊 |
[15:44] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:52] | Th-There’s a button right next to you, on the side. | 你旁边有个按钮 在侧面 |
[15:56] | It’s all you. | 请便 |
[15:58] | So, Dave, what do you do? | 戴夫 你做什么工作 |
[16:01] | I’m a professional conflict mediator. | 我是职业冲突调解员 |
[16:03] | What’s that? | 那是啥 |
[16:04] | Well, you know, when two people have a problem they can’t solve, | 如果两个人之间有无法解决的问题 |
[16:07] | they hire me to come in and help them fix it. | 就可以雇我来帮他们解决问题 |
[16:10] | So it’s like when I fix a car, but what I do is real, and… | 跟我修车差不多 但我干的都是实事 |
[16:15] | what you do is some touchy-feely fairy-tale-type crap. | 而你的工作是婆婆妈妈的童话故事 |
[16:18] | Well, I wouldn’t call it a fairy tale. | 不能叫童话故事 |
[16:20] | Yeah, it’s a real job, and he’s good at it. | 这是一份正经工作 而且他很在行 |
[16:24] | It sounds like to me, | 我怎么觉得 |
[16:25] | you think you just know better than everybody else. | 你以为自己比别人都强 |
[16:27] | Oh, please. You are the only one here | 拜托 这里只有你觉得 |
[16:29] | who thinks he knows better than everybody else. | 他以为自己比别人都强 |
[16:31] | Okay, you know, I’ve had about enough of your disrespect today. | 你今天对我太不尊重了吧 |
[16:35] | Pop, you’re always talking to me about respect, | 老爸 你总是教育我要尊重别人 |
[16:37] | – and you never show me any. – Well, that’s because | -但你从不尊重我 -因为 |
[16:39] | when I get up, I go to work; when you get up, you go pee. | 我起床去上班 而你起床去撒尿 |
[16:45] | You know what, man? I don’t need this. | 我受够了 |
[16:48] | You don’t need what? | 你受够什么了 |
[16:49] | I don’t need you telling me to get a job all the time | 我受够了你总是催我找工作 |
[16:51] | like I don’t have plans of my own. | 好像我没有规划一样 |
[16:52] | Plans of your own? | 你的规划 |
[16:53] | Boy, you can’t even afford your own data plan. | 你连流量套餐[规划]都买不起 |
[16:57] | Well, that’s funny, right? | 很好玩吧 |
[16:58] | Embarrassing me in front of these people I don’t know? | 在陌生人面前让我丢脸 |
[16:59] | You-you started it. | 是你挑起来的 |
[17:05] | Hey, uh, guys. | 伙计们 |
[17:07] | Guys. | 伙计们 |
[17:09] | Maybe I can help. | 也许我能帮上忙 |
[17:12] | Oh, God, Dave, please don’t. | 天呐 戴夫 不要 |
[17:13] | No, no, no, it’s okay. | 不不不 没关系 |
[17:14] | Look, this-this is what I do. | 这是我的职业 |
[17:16] | Now, it seems to me like neither one of you is feeling respected. | 你们似乎都觉得自己没有受到尊重 |
[17:25] | Dave, you are really good at your job. | 戴夫 你真的很专业 |
[17:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:30] | Malcolm, tell your dad | 马尔科姆 告诉你爸 |
[17:32] | why you feel like he doesn’t respect you. | 为什么你觉得他不尊重你 |
[17:34] | Come on, come on. I’m not doing this. | 拉倒吧 |
[17:37] | See, no. | 算了 |
[17:38] | This is just another white guy | 这就是白人 |
[17:39] | trying to fix a black man’s problem | 想要解决黑人问题 |
[17:41] | so he can feel good about himself. | 来让自我感觉良好 |
[17:43] | Calvin, that’s not fair. | 卡尔文 这不公平 |
[17:44] | Really? Okay. | 是吗 好 |
[17:47] | Tell me how you feel about Rihanna. | 你觉得蕾哈娜怎么样 |
[17:49] | I find her very attractive. | 她很迷人 |
[17:50] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[17:51] | You see? This is what I’m talking about. | 瞧 我说什么来着 |
[17:53] | I’ve been giving this guy a hard time all day, | 我今天一直在怼他 |
[17:55] | yet he’s still being nice to me. | 但他对我还是很好 |
[17:57] | Why? Because I’m a black man. | 为什么 因为我是黑人 |
[17:59] | It’s like affirmative action for friends. | 这就像对朋友的平权行动 |
[18:02] | Okay, look. Uh, Calvin, that’s not true. | 好吧 卡尔文 不是这样的 |
[18:05] | Look, I-I just want to be friends with my neighbors. | 我只想和邻居成为朋友 |
[18:07] | And yeah, maybe I’m trying a little extra hard | 也许我有点太过了 |
[18:09] | because I’m the only white guy around. | 因为这里只有我是白人 |
[18:11] | If that makes me seem racist, then… | 如果因为这样你们觉得我有种族歧视 |
[18:15] | I’m-I’m sorry. | 我道个歉 |
[18:18] | In fact… Hey, look, I’m… | 这样吧 |
[18:21] | I’m sorry… if-if I seem racist. | 如果我像有种族歧视 我很抱歉 |
[18:29] | I’m– Hey, hey, man, | 我 哥们 |
[18:30] | I’m-I’m sorry if I seem racist. | 如果我像有种族歧视 我很抱歉 |
[18:36] | All right. | 好嘞 |
[18:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:46] | Look, if I give you a hug, would you leave my house? | 如果我抱你 你能离开我家吗 |
[18:51] | All right. Okay. All right. | 好吧 行吧 |
[18:58] | Cool, Dad, you made the jerk like you. | 酷 爸 你让混蛋喜欢你了 |
[19:03] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:04] | Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for having us. | 谢谢 非常感谢你们的邀请 |
[19:07] | Yeah, uh, you’ll have to come over to our house next. | 下次你们来我们家玩呀 |
[19:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:10] | And it’s because we want you there, | 因为我们希望你们来 |
[19:11] | not just because you’re black. | 不只是因为你们是黑人 |
[19:12] | – Dave!? – Okay. | -戴夫 -来啦 |
[19:18] | Can you believe it? | 你们敢信 |
[19:19] | I mean, can you believe it? | 你们敢信 |
[19:21] | That little boy’s name is Grover Johnson. | 那小屁孩居然叫葛罗弗·强森 |
[19:36] | Hey, what’s up, man? | 好啊 哥们 |
[19:41] | Wait. | 等等 |
[19:42] | You’re not gonna jump over here | 你不会跳过来 |
[19:43] | and try to hug me again, are you? | 再抱我吧 |
[19:45] | No, no. | 不会 |
[19:48] | Hey, thanks for having my back in there with your dad. | 谢谢你在你爸面前帮我说话 |
[19:50] | Oh, that’s cool. | 没事 |
[19:52] | But, you know, if he kicks me out, | 但如果他把我赶出来 |
[19:53] | I’m coming to move in with y’all. | 我就搬来跟你们住了 |
[19:59] | Hey, can I ask you a question? | 我能问个问题吗 |
[20:01] | Do you think it was a mistake to move here? | 你觉得我们搬这来错了吗 |
[20:04] | Why would that be a mistake? | 为什么错了 |
[20:05] | Well, I-I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[20:07] | You know, maybe you’re dad’s right; | 也许你爸是对的 |
[20:09] | I don’t fit in here. | 我不适合这里 |
[20:11] | I kept trying to be a good guy today, | 我今天一直想友善一点 |
[20:12] | but no one seemed to see me that way. | 但大家都不这么觉得 |
[20:15] | Yeah, well, | 嗯 |
[20:17] | you know, it’s hard when you see yourself one way, | 有时候自我感觉 |
[20:19] | and the rest of the world, they… | 和其他人对你的看法不同 |
[20:22] | see you another. | 是挺难过的 |
[20:26] | Doesn’t feel very good, does it? | 不舒服吧 |
[20:28] | Nope. Not at all. | 非常不舒服 |
[20:33] | Look, you know… this is gonna sound corny, | 这话可能很老套 |
[20:36] | but I-I really believe | 但我真的相信 |
[20:39] | that if people would just focus on what we have in common | 如果大家可以关注共同点 |
[20:41] | instead of how we’re different, | 而非相互的差异 |
[20:44] | w-we could solve so many of our problems. | 可以解决很多问题 |
[20:47] | You know what? That may be true. | 说不定还真是 |
[20:50] | But I also think it’s a lot easier for | 但我也觉得 |
[20:51] | someone like you to believe that, | 白人这么想 |
[20:53] | than it is for someone like me. | 要比黑人容易得多 |
[20:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:01] | I better get to bed. | 我去睡了 |
[21:03] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:04] | Good night, man. | 晚安 |
[21:07] | Hey, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[21:08] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[21:10] | Welcome to the neighborhood. | 欢迎入住 |
[21:17] | “I have lots of black friends.” | “我有很多黑人朋友” |