时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey, Calvin. | 卡尔文 |
[00:07] | What are you looking for? | 你找什么呢 |
[00:08] | The newspaper. | 报纸 |
[00:10] | That new paperboy hasn’t hit my porch once since he started. | 新报童从来没把报纸扔进我家门廊 |
[00:13] | The closest he got was my truck. | 顶多砸中我的卡车 |
[00:14] | And I was driving down the street at the time. | 我当时正在路上开着呢 |
[00:18] | That’s funny. I found one right on my doorstep this morning, | 有意思 今天早上我在门口发现一份报纸 |
[00:20] | and I don’t even get the paper. | 可我都没订报 |
[00:23] | Give me a dollar or give me my paper, Dave. | 要么给我一块钱 要么还我报纸 戴夫 |
[00:25] | Okay, but spoiler alert: | 行 不过剧透下 |
[00:27] | I read your horoscope, and | 我看了你的星座运程 |
[00:28] | today’s gonna be a good day for romance. | 今天你有桃花运哦 |
[00:31] | It already was. | 已经有了 |
[00:33] | Tina woke me up early this morning. | 缇娜一大早就把我撩醒了 |
[00:37] | Hey, Calvin. | 你好 卡尔文 |
[00:39] | Hey, Gemma, what are you doing home? | 杰玛 你怎么回家了 |
[00:40] | I had to come back to change. | 我得回来换衣服 |
[00:42] | My PE teacher didn’t show up again, | 体育老师又没来 |
[00:44] | so I had to cover dodgeball for him. | 我得替他教躲避球 |
[00:46] | Oh, that’s a relief. | 我放心了 |
[00:47] | I thought you had got jumped into a gang. | 我还以为你被黑帮袭击了 |
[00:51] | I don’t know what I’ve got to do | 我都不知道怎么做 |
[00:52] | to get through to Coach McCluskey. | 才能让麦克拉斯基教练明白 |
[00:54] | I keep warning him, | 我一直在警告他 |
[00:55] | but he’s always got some excuse. | 但他总有借口 |
[00:57] | His mother died twice, and then she was in a coma. | 他母亲都去世两次了 然后又陷入昏迷 |
[01:02] | You know, if it were me, I would just sit him down, | 换我是你 我会让他坐下来 |
[01:05] | I would put my hand on his shoulder, | 把手搭在他肩上 |
[01:08] | and I would gently say… | 然后我会和气地说 |
[01:10] | “Your ass is fired.” | 你被炒了 |
[01:13] | But that’s so extreme. | 这太极端了 |
[01:15] | I just keep hoping I can figure out a way | 我只是希望自己能 |
[01:17] | to get him to shape up. | 让他规矩一点 |
[01:18] | Yeah. I keep hoping N.W.A will get back together, | 我还一直希望NWA乐队能振作起来呢 |
[01:21] | but Dr. Dre just keeps selling headphones. | 可德瑞博士就只顾着卖耳机 |
[01:26] | Calvin, found your paper. | 卡尔文 找到你的报纸了 |
[01:27] | You didn’t read it in the bathroom, did you? | 你不是在卫生间读报纸吧 |
[01:29] | I’m gonna go get you a dollar. | 我给你拿一块钱 |
[01:41] | Do you think Calvin’s right? | 你觉得卡尔文说得有道理吗 |
[01:43] | Should I fire Coach McCluskey? | 我该辞退麦克拉斯基教练吗 |
[01:45] | Ooh, hold on. Uh, is this one of those situations | 等等 这是哪种情况 |
[01:47] | where you really want to hear what I think, | 你是真想听我的建议 |
[01:49] | or you just want me to support you? | 还是只需要我支持你 |
[01:50] | I absolutely want to hear what you think. | 我当然是想听你的建议 |
[01:53] | Okay, well, then… | 好吧 那么 |
[01:54] | I definitely think you should fire him. | 我认为你该辞退他 |
[01:56] | But he’s been there for years! | 但他都来了好几年了 |
[01:58] | But not before you give him at least one more chance. | 但你已经给他好几次机会了 |
[02:02] | – And make me look like a weak leader? – No. | -显得我这个领导软弱无能 -没有 |
[02:05] | I mean, yes. I mean… | 我觉得有 我觉得 |
[02:07] | I mean, your hair looks great. | 我觉得你发型好美 |
[02:10] | Dave, I’m serious. | 戴夫 我是认真的 |
[02:12] | This has been weighing on me all day. | 我整天都在想这事 |
[02:14] | All right, look, I wish that I could help you, | 我也想帮你 |
[02:16] | but this is a decision that only you can make. | 不过这个决定只有你能做 |
[02:19] | And whatever it is, I know it’s gonna be the right one. | 无论你如何决定 我知道都是正确的 |
[02:23] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[02:24] | I’m the boss. It’s my decision. | 我是老板 我得做决定 |
[02:26] | McCluskey has to go. | 麦克拉斯基得离开 |
[02:28] | There. I feel better already. | 好了 我感觉好多了 |
[02:31] | Are you talking about Coach McCluskey? | 你们在说麦克拉斯基教练吗 |
[02:34] | He’s the best. | 他最棒了 |
[02:36] | Really? You think so? | 真的 你这么觉得 |
[02:38] | Yeah. He takes naps and lets us watch movies. | 是啊 他总打盹 还让我们看电影 |
[02:42] | One of them even showed a butt. | 其中还有露屁股的 |
[02:47] | On the other hand, this guy sounds pretty cool. | 另一方面来看 这人还挺酷的 |
[02:53] | Pop, are you gonna stand there all day | 老爹 你准备一整天都站那 |
[02:55] | waiting on the paperboy? | 等报童吗 |
[02:56] | If that’s what it takes. | 如果非这样不可的话 |
[02:57] | I’m not moving a damn inch till I give this kid a piece of my mind. | 我哪儿也不去 非得教训这孩子一顿不可 |
[03:01] | Who wants pancakes? | 谁要薄煎饼 |
[03:02] | Oh, I could eat. | 我要 |
[03:06] | Well, I’ll take some pancakes, too. | 我也要吃点薄煎饼 |
[03:07] | Oh, and I’ll take two years of back rent. | 那我要收你两年的拖欠房租 |
[03:11] | – I’m… – You’re on lookout duty. | -那我 -你去盯梢 |
[03:13] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[03:16] | Oh, hey, Gemma. | 杰玛 |
[03:18] | It’s 7:30 in the morning. | 这才早上七点半 |
[03:19] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[03:20] | Everything’s fine. | 没事 |
[03:21] | I just decided Calvin was right. | 我就是觉得卡尔文是对的 |
[03:23] | I’m gonna fire McCluskey today. | 今天我要辞退麦克拉斯基教练 |
[03:25] | Ah, good for you. | 不错哦 |
[03:26] | You should’ve fired that fool the second time his mother died. | 那傻帽他妈第二次去世时就该被炒了 |
[03:31] | Right, Calvin? | 是吧 卡尔文 |
[03:32] | I’m sorry, I didn’t hear anything | 抱歉 “卡尔文是对的”那句之后 |
[03:33] | after “Calvin was right.” | 我什么都没听 |
[03:38] | It’s just, I’ve never fired anyone before, | 但是我还没辞退过员工呢 |
[03:40] | and I was hoping maybe you could give me some advice. | 我希望你能给我点建议 |
[03:42] | Oh, you came to the right place. | 你真是来对地方了 |
[03:43] | Calvin loves firing people. | 卡尔文可喜欢开除人了 |
[03:45] | Yep, it’s true. Pops once fired a dude | 没错 老爸有次在别人婚礼上 |
[03:47] | on the guy’s wedding day. | 把新郎开除了 |
[03:49] | And I was his best man. | 而且我还是他的伴郎 |
[03:53] | So what’s the best way to do it? | 那怎么做才合适呢 |
[03:55] | What you got to do is stay calm, | 你要做的是保持冷静 |
[03:57] | confident and professional. | 和自信 秉公处理 |
[04:00] | The last thing you want to do is go personal. | 一定不要带有私人感情 |
[04:03] | Wrong. | 不对 |
[04:06] | Look, this dude has been messing with your life, right? | 这个家伙总是在给你带来麻烦 对不对 |
[04:09] | Making you look bad. | 要让他出丑 |
[04:10] | You want to rip his throat out. | 你要让他颜面扫地 |
[04:12] | And you want to do it in front of people. | 在大庭广众之下开除他 |
[04:14] | For example, | 比如 |
[04:15] | his wedding party. | 他婚礼上 |
[04:18] | – Calvin! – What? | -卡尔文 -怎么了 |
[04:19] | Look, it sends a message. | 这样才能表明你的态度 |
[04:21] | And if it goes sideways, | 如果出现什么岔子 |
[04:23] | knock the cake over for a diversion. | 就把蛋糕推倒来转移注意力 |
[04:26] | Gemma, things are not gonna go sideways. | 杰玛 不会出岔子的 |
[04:29] | Oh, it went sideways back in the day, | 你被必胜客开除的时候 |
[04:31] | when you got fired from Pizza Hut. | 就出岔子了 |
[04:34] | That was different. | 那不是一回事 |
[04:35] | If Todd didn’t want his finger broken, | 如果托德不想让手指骨折的话 |
[04:37] | he shouldn’t have been pointing it in my face! | 他就不该用手指着我的脸 |
[04:42] | You getting all this great advice, Gemma? | 这些建议都还不错吧 杰玛 |
[04:44] | I think so. | 我觉得还行 |
[04:45] | Rip his throat out, knock over a cake, | 让他颜面扫地 把蛋糕推倒 |
[04:47] | and don’t point my finger in his face. | 不要用我的手指他的脸 |
[04:50] | Sounds like you’re good to go. | 看样子你已经准备好了 |
[04:55] | Hey, morning, Dad. | 早啊 爸 |
[04:57] | What are you doing here, Marty? | 你来干什么 马蒂 |
[04:58] | Do I need a reason? | 我来还需要原因么 |
[04:59] | Okay, can’t a son just stop by | 难道做儿子的不能过来看看 |
[05:02] | and show some love to the two people | 关心一下两位 |
[05:03] | that gave him life? | 给予我生命的人吗 |
[05:05] | Your mama made your lunch again. | 你妈又给你做午餐了吧 |
[05:07] | It’s turkey melt Tuesday. | 周二是火鸡芝士三明治 |
[05:10] | I came out second, but I’m first in her heart. | 我是老二 但在她心里我是老大 |
[05:13] | Oh, here he comes, right here. | 他来了 终于来了 |
[05:15] | Uh, here who comes? | 谁来了 |
[05:16] | That sorry-ass paperboy. | 欠揍的报童 |
[05:19] | I’m about to make him cry harder than you did | 记得马尔科姆说你是捡来的 你吓哭了 |
[05:21] | when Malcolm told you you were adopted. | 我要让他哭得比你更伤心 |
[05:25] | That wasn’t Malcolm, Dad. That was you. | 那不是马尔科姆说的 爸 是你说的 |
[05:28] | That does sound like me, doesn’t it? | 听起来确实像我说的 是吧 |
[05:32] | Hold… Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down. | 等等 慢点 |
[05:34] | Hey, turn that bike around and get back here. | 掉头 回来 |
[05:36] | I need to talk to you right now. | 我有话跟你讲 |
[05:37] | Marty, I want you to film this for YouTube. | 马蒂 你把这个录下来传到网上 |
[05:40] | I want to show the world it’s still okay to yell at kids. | 我要让全世界知道小孩子还是可以被训斥的 |
[05:45] | All right, take that helmet off, young man, while I talk to you. | 年轻人 我跟你讲话的时候把头盔摘掉 |
[05:47] | See, that’s the problem– y’all have no re… | 问题就在这里 你们都不懂得尊… |
[05:51] | …spect. | 重 |
[05:52] | Sorry, sir. What were you saying? | 抱歉 先生 你刚才说什么 |
[05:55] | I… I was saying… I was saying… | 我 我刚才说 我刚才说… |
[06:00] | I was… I was saying… | 我刚才 我刚才说 |
[06:02] | I was saying you are doing a great job. | 你干得很不错 |
[06:04] | Yes, you are. | 确实 |
[06:06] | Hey, so, keep up the good work. | 加油干吧 |
[06:09] | Thanks, mister. Got to go finish my route. | 谢谢 先生 我得继续送了 |
[06:10] | Okay, you do that. | 好的 去吧 |
[06:12] | All right, and put your helmet on. | 带上头盔 |
[06:14] | All right, remember, safety first. | 记住 安全第一 |
[06:19] | And got it. | 录好了 |
[06:22] | Erase that right now, boy. Erase that, now. | 马上删掉 删掉 马上 |
[06:26] | Hey, man. I don’t have to listen to you. | 我用不着听你的 |
[06:28] | You’re not my father. | 你又不是我爸 |
[06:32] | You wanted to see me, Johnson? | 强森 你要见我吗 |
[06:34] | Yes, Coach McCluskey. Please have a seat. | 是的 麦克拉斯基教练 请坐 |
[06:41] | You get at some of this banana bread | 你吃过教师休息室的 |
[06:42] | from the teachers’ lounge? | 香蕉面包吗 |
[06:44] | – Uh, no, I didn’t. – Oh, here. | -没有 -给 |
[06:46] | Finish mine. It’s my third piece anyway. | 吃我的吧 我都吃第三块了 |
[06:51] | That’s very thoughtful of you. | 你想的很周到啊 |
[06:53] | Is there anything else? | 还有别的事情吗 |
[06:56] | Uh, yeah. A lot else. | 是的 很多事 |
[06:58] | I’ve asked you to come in | 我叫你来 |
[06:59] | because we’ve talked about you being late, | 是因为我们已经说过你迟到的事情了 |
[07:01] | and I’ve given you several warnings. | 而且我也警告你好几次了 |
[07:02] | And I’ve heard each and every one of them, | 而且我每次都听到了 |
[07:04] | which is why I made sure to get back on the right track. | 所以我保证要回到正确的方向 |
[07:08] | And field. | 和场地 |
[07:12] | But have you? | 你做到了吗 |
[07:14] | I mean, weren’t you late on Friday? | 你周五是不是迟到了 |
[07:16] | My alarm clock broke. | 我的闹钟坏了 |
[07:18] | And then again yesterday? | 昨天又迟到了 |
[07:20] | Dog stuff. | 我得照顾狗 |
[07:22] | This meeting? | 今天见我也迟到了 |
[07:23] | I was getting you the banana bread. | 我去给你拿香蕉面包了 |
[07:28] | Look, I’ve given you more than enough chances. | 我已经给你好几次机会了 |
[07:31] | I’m sorry, but… I’m afraid I’m gonna have to let you go. | 非常遗憾 但是我恐怕得让你离开了 |
[07:35] | What? You’re firing me? Why? | 什么 你要开除我 为什么 |
[07:41] | Literally everything I just said. | 我刚说的事情都是原因 |
[07:44] | Does the board of trustees know about this? | 校董会知道这件事吗 |
[07:46] | Because I play golf with half of them, | 因为我和一半董事都打过高尔夫 |
[07:48] | and I always let them win. | 我还总是让他们赢 |
[07:52] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[07:53] | This is my decision to make, and it’s final. | 这事我说了算 这是我的最终决定 |
[07:56] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:58] | But can I say something before I leave? | 在我走之前能说几句话吗 |
[08:00] | Go ahead. | 请讲 |
[08:01] | You’re a terrible principal. | 你是个差劲的校长 |
[08:04] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:05] | You heard me. | 你听到了 |
[08:06] | You’re a joke, and everybody knows it. | 你就是个笑话 大家都知道 |
[08:09] | The only reason why you got this job | 你得到这份工作的唯一原因 |
[08:11] | is because it made them look good to hire a woman. | 就是雇一个女的能给他们脸上贴金 |
[08:18] | And also…this. | 还有 这个 |
[08:28] | Yeah, well… | 好吧 |
[08:29] | joke’s on you, ’cause I’m still gonna eat this! | 傻了吧你 我还是会吃掉 |
[08:40] | So? How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[08:43] | Great. I sat him down, | 很顺利 我让他坐下来 |
[08:44] | I looked him right in the eye, | 看着他的眼睛 |
[08:46] | and I did what I had to do. | 做了我该做的事 |
[08:47] | I even celebrated afterwards with a little banana bread. | 之后我还吃了一点香蕉面包作为庆祝 |
[08:53] | I’m so proud of you, | 我真为你骄傲 |
[08:54] | and so hoping that you brought home a little. | 要是你能给我带点就更好了 |
[08:59] | Oh, Dave, I feel so terrible. | 戴夫 我好难过 |
[09:02] | O-Okay. Okay. Okay. It’s okay. | 好了 好了 没事了 |
[09:06] | Look… I wouldn’t have saved any for you, either. | 换了是我也不会给你留的 |
[09:20] | Ooh, hey, Gemma, if you don’t get up soon, | 杰玛 要是你再不起床 |
[09:21] | you’re gonna be late for work. | 上班就要迟到了 |
[09:22] | I’m not going in today. I’m sick. | 我今天不去了 我病了 |
[09:26] | Really? Or are you just pretending to be sick | 真的吗 还是说你只是在装病 |
[09:28] | because you’re still upset about what McCluskey said yesterday? | 因为你还在为昨天麦克拉斯基说的话烦心 |
[09:32] | I’m sick. | 我病了 |
[09:35] | See? | 看见没 |
[09:40] | This is not the way to handle this. | 这样解决不了问题 |
[09:44] | Why not? Grover fakes it. | 为什么 葛罗弗也装病 |
[09:46] | And so did you when Mission: Impossible 6 came out. | 《谍中谍6》上映时你也这么干过 |
[09:49] | That was a legitimate sick day, because that movie was sick. | 那是合理病假 因为电影太酷炫了[生病] |
[09:54] | What if McCluskey’s right? | 如果麦克拉斯基说的是真的呢 |
[09:56] | What if the only reason they did hire me | 要是他们雇我只是因为 |
[09:57] | is because I’m a woman? | 我是个女人呢 |
[09:59] | Maybe I’m not tough enough. | 或许我还不够强硬 |
[10:01] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[10:02] | Gemma, you’ve gotten test scores up | 杰玛 你提高了学校的考试成绩 |
[10:04] | and increased parent participation. | 提高了家长参与度 |
[10:06] | If the Mission: Impossible team needed a school principal, | 如果《谍中谍》的队伍需要一名校长 |
[10:09] | they’d choose you. | 他们会选你的 |
[10:11] | If you chose to accept it. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[10:16] | I appreciate you trying to make me feel better, | 谢谢你安慰我 |
[10:17] | but I’m worried everyone thinks I’m a joke. | 但我担心大家都觉得我是个笑话 |
[10:22] | McCluskey only said that | 麦克拉斯基那么说 |
[10:24] | because you had just fired him. | 只是因为你炒了他 |
[10:25] | What’d you think he was gonna do, give you a hug? | 你以为他会怎么做 给你个拥抱吗 |
[10:29] | No, but if he needed one, I would’ve given it to him. | 不 但如果他需要 我会拥抱他的 |
[10:33] | Okay… this is what we’re gonna do. | 好吧 那这么办 |
[10:35] | We’re gonna get up, we’re gonna take a shower, | 先起床 去洗个澡 |
[10:37] | we’re gonna get dressed, | 换好衣服 |
[10:37] | and we’re gonna show up to that school with our head held high. | 然后昂首挺胸地到学校去 |
[10:41] | – Ugh, come on. – Ugh, okay. | -来吧 -好吧 |
[10:43] | There we go. | 好了 |
[10:44] | That’s the strong woman I married. | 这才是我娶的女强人 |
[10:49] | You’re not coming out of there, are you? | 你不出来了 是不是 |
[10:50] | Nope. | 是 |
[10:57] | Roast beef on rye. See, that’s a man’s lunch. | 烤牛肉黑面包三明治 这才是男人的午餐 |
[11:02] | Wait, no juice box? | 等下 没有果汁 |
[11:06] | Hey, Pop, since when do you read the news on an iPad? | 老爹 什么时候开始在平板上看新闻了 |
[11:09] | Since I still can’t find my newspaper. | 从我找不到我的报纸之后 |
[11:12] | Oh, so what’d you do, | 那你怎么办 |
[11:13] | lay into that little dude so hard yesterday | 昨天狠狠地教训了那个小孩 |
[11:15] | you scared him off for good? | 吓得他不敢再来了 |
[11:17] | Yeah, Pop, tell him all about the big beat-down. | 老爹 告诉他你是怎么大战告捷的 |
[11:22] | I decided to handle things a different way. | 我决定换一种处理问题的方法 |
[11:26] | You know, be the bigger man. | 男人点 |
[11:28] | You mean the only man. | 你是说唯一的男人吗 |
[11:32] | You know, I’m starting to feel a lot less bad | 现在我觉得拿走你的果汁 |
[11:34] | about taking your juice box. | 没那么内疚了 |
[11:38] | Wait. So what’s the deal, Pop? | 等下 怎么回事 老爹 |
[11:40] | Why couldn’t you lay down the law? | 你怎么没有把他给”就地正法”了 |
[11:42] | Well, the paperboy turned out to be a papergirl. | 报童是个女孩 |
[11:48] | Yeah, you should’ve seen him, man. | 你真应该看看他那时的样子 |
[11:49] | Dad went from thug life to hug life. | 爸爸从暴徒变身为了女儿奴 |
[11:54] | Wait, I get it. | 等下 我明白了 |
[11:56] | You couldn’t reprimand her because she’s a female. | 因为她是个女的你就骂不出口 |
[11:59] | Look, I don’t want to make a little girl cry. | 我不想把一个小丫头弄哭 |
[12:02] | I mean, what kind of monster do you think I am? | 你们把我当成什么怪物了 |
[12:05] | I don’t know. The kind that would make his son cry | 不知道 骗自己儿子说他是领养的 |
[12:07] | by telling him he was adopted. | 把他吓哭的怪物 |
[12:09] | But that was funny, though. | 不过还是挺好玩的 |
[12:13] | Pop, Pop. | 老爹 |
[12:14] | Don’t you see that by treating her differently, | 你不明白吗 区别对待她 |
[12:16] | you’re actually creating a double-standard which is sexist? | 就是建立性别歧视的双重标准 |
[12:19] | – Sexist? – Yep. | -性别歧视 -对 |
[12:21] | It’s called “being a gentleman,” | 这叫”绅士风度” |
[12:24] | which, I understand, may be completely lost | 据我所知 你们这代人可能 |
[12:26] | on your generation. | 完全丧失这种品质了 |
[12:27] | I mean, when I was your age, | 我像你这么大的时候 |
[12:29] | we held ladies’ doors, we pulled out their chairs… | 我们为女士们撑门 为她们拉座椅 |
[12:34] | You made sure they couldn’t vote. | 你们确保她们没有投票权 |
[12:36] | My man. | 好兄弟 |
[12:41] | Let’s just say we’re from two different times. | 只能说 我们的时代不同 |
[12:43] | All right? Back in the day, | 想当年 |
[12:45] | women were women, and men were men. | 女人是女人 男人是男人 |
[12:52] | Mmm, red. | 樱桃味 |
[12:59] | Hey, Tina. | 缇娜 |
[13:01] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[13:02] | Gem is really beating herself up about what happened at school. | 学校发生的事让杰玛很丧气 |
[13:05] | She didn’t even go to work today. | 今天她都没去上班 |
[13:06] | Oh, my God. What happened? | 天哪 发生什么了 |
[13:08] | Coach McCluskey told her that | 麦克拉斯基教练跟她说 |
[13:10] | the only reason she got the job was because she was a woman. | 她获得这份工作只是因为她是女人 |
[13:13] | Typical. | 真典型 |
[13:14] | Weak, little man threatened by a woman in power. | 弱小的男人因女人当权感到威胁 |
[13:18] | It’s Pizza Hut all over again. | 必胜客那一幕又重演了 |
[13:22] | Well, I-I don’t know why, | 我不明白为什么 |
[13:24] | but for whatever reason, she’s believing this loser. | 但不管因为什么 她相信这个屌丝的话 |
[13:27] | You men just don’t get it. | 你们男人就是不懂 |
[13:29] | In the working world, | 在职场上 |
[13:30] | women are always made to feel less than. | 女人总是被迫觉得低人一等 |
[13:33] | So, even if a jerk says something that isn’t true, | 所以就算有个混蛋胡说八道 |
[13:35] | you can’t help but doubt yourself. | 你还是控制不住自我怀疑 |
[13:38] | Just makes me want to snip some sense into y’all. | 让我想用剪刀给你们上上课 |
[13:42] | Okay, well, how can I fix this for her? What… | 我怎么帮她解决这个问题 |
[13:45] | what, do I beat up McCluskey? | 去打麦克拉斯基一顿吗 |
[13:47] | Please, Dave, that won’t fix anything. | 拜托 戴夫 那样没用 |
[13:49] | Oh, thank God, ’cause that guy’s huge. | 谢天谢地 那家伙可壮了 |
[13:54] | You know, Dave, what you can do | 戴夫 你能做的是 |
[13:55] | is figure out a way to remind her | 想办法提醒她 |
[13:57] | of how strong and capable she is, | 她有多么坚强 有才华 |
[13:59] | and that she knows what she’s doing. | 她完全能够胜任自己的工作 |
[14:00] | I mean, don’t you do stuff like this at your job? | 这不是你的本行吗 |
[14:03] | Well, yeah. Sure, there are aspects of corporate consulting | 是啊 有时候在企业咨询中 |
[14:05] | where I use team building to motivate CEOs and | 我利用团建激励CEO |
[14:07] | – their employee… – Right, right, right, right, all of that. | -和雇员… -对对对 就是那一套 |
[14:11] | You know what? Actually… | 对了 |
[14:13] | I just got an idea. | 我有主意了 |
[14:14] | Oh, Dave. Dave, Dave, Dave. | 戴夫 戴夫 戴夫 |
[14:16] | You’re not gonna show her one of those silly | 你不会是要给她看 |
[14:18] | Mission: Impossible movies | 你总是提起的 |
[14:19] | that you’re always talking about, right? | 《碟中谍》电影吧 |
[14:22] | I’m gonna come up with another idea. | 我再想个主意 |
[14:29] | A rock-climbing gym? | 攀岩馆 |
[14:31] | You told me we were going to get frozen yogurt. | 你说我们要去吃冻酸奶 |
[14:34] | And we will. | 我们会去的 |
[14:35] | But first, I need to remind you of your own strength. | 但首先 我需要让你重拾自己的力量 |
[14:38] | Well, it’s taking a lot of strength | 我用了很大的力量 |
[14:40] | for me to not freak out right now. | 才没有立刻抓狂 |
[14:42] | I was promised Froyo, Dave. | 你说要吃冻酸奶的 戴夫 |
[14:44] | Look, Gemma, I know that you’re doubting yourself at work. | 杰玛 我知道你在怀疑自己的工作能力 |
[14:48] | And when you’re up on that wall, you’re probably gonna doubt | 等你攀上那面墙 你大概也会怀疑 |
[14:50] | whether you can make it to the top, | 自己能不能攀到顶上 |
[14:52] | but once you do, | 但一旦登顶 |
[14:54] | the next time you doubt yourself, | 下次你怀疑自己时 |
[14:55] | you’re gonna think back to this, and you’re gonna say, | 就会回想起这个场景 然后说 |
[14:59] | “Damn, I have an awesome husband.” | “我靠 我老公太赞了” |
[15:05] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[15:07] | Whoa, Calvin, you look great. | 卡尔文 你看起来棒极了 |
[15:08] | Rocking that harness. | 安全带很适合你 |
[15:10] | Well, this harness is chafing my rocks. | 可是安全带卡蛋了 |
[15:14] | Wait. What are you guys doing here? | 你们来这做什么 |
[15:16] | Tina told me we were getting frozen yogurt. | 缇娜说我们要去吃冻酸奶 |
[15:20] | We will all go out to frozen yogurt | 我们会吃冻酸奶的 |
[15:23] | right after Gemma conquers this mountain. | 就等杰玛征服这座山了 |
[15:26] | Your treat. | 你请客 |
[15:26] | Yes, it’s my treat. | 对 我请客 |
[15:30] | Dave, I really don’t feel like doing this. | 戴夫 我真的不想玩 |
[15:32] | Can we please just leave? | 我们走吧 好吗 |
[15:34] | Gemma, this is going to work. I promise. | 杰玛 这很管用 我保证 |
[15:37] | But I don’t think I can do it. | 但我觉得我做不到 |
[15:38] | Yes, you can, Gemma. | 不 你做得到 杰玛 |
[15:40] | You’re gonna get up there, | 你要攀上去 |
[15:41] | and you’re gonna make this wall your bitch. | 虐爆这面墙 |
[15:45] | I’m sorry, sweetie, you’ll understand | 抱歉 亲爱的 等你以后 |
[15:47] | when you’re making 70 cents to a man’s dollar. | 工资比男人低三成的时候就会懂了 |
[15:52] | Damn, look at all of this. | 要命 看看这里 |
[15:54] | Oh, I am. | 我在看呢 |
[15:56] | Your booty look good in that thing, girl. | 穿着这个很显臀型嘛 美女 |
[16:00] | You ain’t lying. | 你说的不假 |
[16:01] | It’s like a face-lift for the butt. | 这就像给屁股做拉皮 |
[16:04] | I know what I’m getting you for my birthday. | 我知道我生日要给你送什么了 |
[16:09] | Okay, let’s get this over with. | 好了 速战速决吧 |
[16:11] | Where did Dave go? | 戴夫去哪儿了 |
[16:13] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[16:15] | I feel like Spider-Man in this thing. | 穿上这个我感觉像蜘蛛侠 |
[16:18] | Really? ‘Cause you look more like Peter Pan. | 真的吗 你看起来更像彼得·潘 |
[16:22] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 |
[16:25] | I’m gonna attach this end of the rope to your harness, | 我把绳子这一端系在你的安全带上 |
[16:28] | and the other end is attached to mine. | 另一端系我这 |
[16:31] | Okay, so if you slip, | 如果你失手了 |
[16:32] | my body weight will prevent you from falling. | 我的体重可以让你不掉下去 |
[16:34] | Your body weight? | 你的体重 |
[16:36] | Please. You’re built like a cricket. | 拜托 你这体型跟蟋蟀似的 |
[16:39] | I’ll have you know that crickets are beloved in Asia, | 蟋蟀在亚洲很受欢迎的 |
[16:42] | both for their voices and crunchy deliciousness. | 不但叫声清脆 口感也很脆 |
[16:46] | Okay. Here I go. | 我上了 |
[16:48] | All right. Show ’em what you’re made of. | 展现一下实力吧 |
[16:54] | All right, come on, Gemma, you got this. | 加油 杰玛 你可以的 |
[16:56] | Come on, Gemma. You go, Gemma! | 杰玛 加油啊 杰玛 |
[16:58] | Yeah, hurry up. | 快点 |
[16:59] | I’m starting to lose circulation in some very important places. | 我身上某个重点部位的血液循环变慢了 |
[17:05] | I don’t think I can reach the next handhold. | 我够不到下一个把手 |
[17:07] | Yes, you can. Do not give up on yourself. Let’s go. | 你可以的 不要放弃 加油 |
[17:10] | I’m not. The exercise worked. | 我没放弃 锻炼起效了 |
[17:12] | I’m powerful, I’m strong. | 我很强大 我很坚强 |
[17:16] | I know that you can make it to the top. | 你可以爬到顶的 |
[17:19] | To show my faith in you, | 为了表示我对你的信任 |
[17:21] | I’m gonna unhook my safety line. | 我要解开安全绳 |
[17:22] | No. Dave! No! | 不 戴夫 不 |
[17:24] | Dave, what are you doing? | 戴夫 你在干什么 |
[17:25] | – She could fall. – No, man. | -她说不定会摔下来的 -不 |
[17:27] | She’s not gonna fall. | 她不会摔的 |
[17:28] | She’s pretty sure she is. | 她肯定会摔下去的 |
[17:31] | Gemma. Don’t move. | 杰玛 别动 |
[17:32] | I’m-I’m coming up to help. | 我…我来帮忙 |
[17:33] | Yeah, help her, baby. | 帮帮她 宝贝 |
[17:40] | This is… | 这… |
[17:56] | On second thought, you’re-you’re doing great up there. | 我又想了想 我觉得你没问题的 |
[17:59] | Dave, hook her back in before she falls. | 戴夫 赶紧把安全绳系上 |
[18:02] | She’s fine. She’s not gonna fall, okay? | 她没事的 不会摔下来的 |
[18:04] | There’s padding everywhere. | 这下面都是软垫 |
[18:05] | No one ever really gets hurt in these places. | 没人会在这受伤的 |
[18:07] | Oh, my God, it’s broken. I know it’s broken. | 天哪 腿断了 我能感觉到 |
[18:12] | Okay. I think I’ve made my point. | 我已经表明立场了 |
[18:14] | I’m gonna hook you back in. | 我又系上了 |
[18:17] | Okay. I-I can’t do it. I’m coming down. | 我撑不住了 我要下来了 |
[18:20] | Oh, Dave, cut it out. | 戴夫 别闹了 |
[18:22] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 |
[18:23] | It was me. | 是我 |
[18:24] | Stop quitting on yourself, | 别放弃 |
[18:26] | or you’re getting more foam rocks to the butt. | 不然我们继续用泡沫石砸你屁股 |
[18:28] | – Calvin, light her ass up. – What? | -卡尔文 砸她 -什么 |
[18:36] | – Come on, baby. – Okay, guys, guys, guys. | -来吧 宝贝 -行啦 伙计们 |
[18:37] | Please, stop throwing rocks at my wife. | 拜托 别向我老婆扔石头了 |
[18:41] | W-We’re just trying to help. | 我们只是想帮忙 |
[18:42] | It’s obvious she can’t do it by herself. | 很明显她自己做不到啊 |
[18:45] | You don’t know what I can do. | 你又不了解我的能力 |
[18:49] | This is for Coach McCluskey | 为了向麦克拉斯基教练 |
[18:51] | and his stupid misogyny. | 还有他那愚蠢的厌女症证明 |
[18:56] | And this is how angry I am for letting him get to me. | 让他看看惹怒我的结果 |
[19:02] | And this is for eating that disgusting blob of banana bread. | 我还吃了那块恶心的香蕉面包 |
[19:08] | You got this, Gemma! Just one more! | 你可以的 杰玛 最后一步了 |
[19:11] | And this is for anyone who thinks | 我要让那些认为 |
[19:13] | I can’t be a badass, powerful woman | 在父权社会里 |
[19:16] | in this patriarchal society, | 我无法成为女强人的废物看看 |
[19:18] | because I am! | 我可以做到 |
[19:23] | – I did it! – Yeah, you did it! | -我做到了 -你做到了 |
[19:25] | That’s my friend! That’s my friend! | 她是我朋友 她是我朋友 |
[19:28] | I gotta admit, that little white girl is gangsta. | 不得不说 这白人妹子有点厉害啊 |
[19:32] | All right, now, come on down. Let’s go get some Froyo. | 好了 下来吧 我们去吃冻酸奶 |
[19:38] | Wha…? | 什么 |
[19:40] | O-Okay, you guys can meet us there. | 好吧 我们在店里等你们 |
[19:42] | Dave, throw down your wallet. | 戴夫 把钱包扔下来 |
[19:58] | Ho-Ho-Ho-Ho-Hold on, hold on. | 等等 等等 |
[20:01] | Let me talk to you for a minute. | 我和你谈谈 |
[20:03] | Now, look. | 听着 |
[20:05] | I know I told you you were doing a great job, | 我知道我跟你说你干得不错 |
[20:08] | but the other day, I saw how strong women can really be. | 但前几天 我看到了女人的真正潜力 |
[20:12] | So that’s why I have to tell you the truth. | 所以我必须告诉你实话 |
[20:14] | You are the worst paper-person of all time. | 我从来没见过你这么差的报童 |
[20:19] | I mean, like straight trash. | 就是垃圾 |
[20:22] | Okay…? | 好吧 |
[20:23] | And treating you like a princess | 把你当公主宠着 |
[20:25] | is only holding you back from your full potential. | 只会阻碍你发挥自己的潜力 |
[20:29] | Now, you need to wake up earlier, | 以后你得起早点 |
[20:31] | deliver the paper on time, | 按时送报纸 |
[20:33] | and for God’s sake, work on your damn aim. | 还有 拜托好好练练你的准头吧 |
[20:38] | I mean, I’m only saying this because I’m a feminist. | 我是女权主义者 所以才这么说 |
[20:43] | Okay, sorry. I’ll try harder. | 好的 对不起 我会更努力的 |
[20:45] | Good. All right. | 很好 |
[20:48] | Oh, damn, she forgot to give me my paper. | 该死 她忘了给我报纸了 |
[20:51] | Oh, don’t… | 不 |
[20:55] | Damn, good arm. | 臂力不错啊 |
[20:57] | I should’ve adopted her. | 我应该收养她的 |