时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Hey, guys. | 大家好 |
[00:13] | Those plants are beautiful. | 你们的植物真漂亮 |
[00:15] | Thanks. I used to work at a nursery back in Hickory Corners. | 谢谢 我以前在希科里街口的苗圃工作 |
[00:19] | Till I found out what they were really growing. | 直到我发现那到底种的是什么 |
[00:22] | We just thought it’d be nice to have a little pop of color. | 我们只是觉得添点颜色比较好 |
[00:24] | Yeah, we did that to this neighborhood 30 years ago. | 是啊 我们30年前就给街坊添了点”颜色” |
[00:29] | Well, how about you, Dave, you like to garden, too? | 你呢 戴夫 你也喜欢园艺吗 |
[00:31] | I’m more of a lawn man, myself. | 我更喜欢割草 |
[00:34] | Nothing I like better than breaking out the old mower | 我最喜欢的莫过于拖出旧割草机 |
[00:37] | and showing the grass who’s boss. | 给小草看看谁是老大 |
[00:40] | I would’ve bet on the grass. | 我打赌是小草 |
[00:43] | All right, all done. | 好了 搞定 |
[00:44] | What do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[00:45] | I think it looks great. | 我觉得看起来特棒 |
[00:47] | Calvin, I think we need to fix our house up, too. | 卡尔文 我觉得咱们也得修缮房子了 |
[00:51] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[00:52] | We just got a new satellite dish last year. | 去年我们刚安了新的卫星天线 |
[00:55] | – We could start with a new porch light. – No. | -我们可以先给门廊换个灯 -不要 |
[00:57] | – Then you probably gonna wanna a new door. – No. | -之后你大概需要换扇门 -不要 |
[00:59] | And at that point, we’re gonna need all new landscaping, right? | 这样的话 我们需要全套新的绿植景观了吧 |
[01:01] | No. | 不 |
[01:02] | – Ooh, that’s gonna look great, don’t you think, Calvin? – Yeah. | -会很好看的 你不觉得吗卡尔文 -是啊 |
[01:04] | No! | 不 |
[01:15] | Ooh, what about this color for the trim? | 装饰用这种颜色怎么样 |
[01:17] | Yeah, I like it. “Fenwick Fog.” | 不错 我喜欢 “芬威克雾” |
[01:19] | Yeah, probably ’cause it sounds like something from Harry Potter. | 可能是因为听着像是《哈利波特》里的 |
[01:24] | I wear that with a badge of honor. | 我愿满怀荣耀地穿这种颜色 |
[01:25] | Just like I wear my Sorting Hat. | 就像戴着分院帽一样 |
[01:29] | What are you all doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[01:30] | Picking out paint colors for the house. | 挑选房子的油漆颜色 |
[01:33] | Well, too bad there’s about to be a power outage. | 太糟糕了 马上就要没电了 |
[01:40] | Dad, it’s-it’s a laptop. | 爸 这是笔记本电脑 |
[01:42] | It has a battery. | 它有电池 |
[01:45] | So does your car. Go home. | 你的车也有 回家吧 |
[01:48] | Come on, Calvin. | 别这样 卡尔文 |
[01:49] | Happy wife, happy life. | 妻子高兴才有好日子 |
[01:52] | I want you to paint the house. | 我要你把房子粉刷一下 |
[01:54] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:55] | Malcolm, paint the house. | 马尔科姆去粉刷房子 |
[01:58] | Come on, Calvin, be a good husband | 拜托 卡尔文 做个好丈夫 |
[02:00] | for your beautiful wife and paint the house. | 为你美丽的妻子粉刷房子 |
[02:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:05] | If it’s that important to you | 如果这对你很重要 |
[02:06] | and you really want me to paint the house… | 而且你真的想要我粉刷房子 |
[02:09] | …go ahead and hire someone. | 去雇个人吧 |
[02:11] | Just make sure they’re the best. | 要找手艺最棒的 |
[02:13] | The best? | 最棒 |
[02:14] | And the cheapest. | 而且是最便宜的 |
[02:15] | – Ah, there it is. – That makes more sense. | -我说嘛 -这就说得通了 |
[02:21] | Hey, sweetie. What are you doing? | 亲爱的 你要干吗 |
[02:23] | – Getting a snack. – If you look in the pantry, | -吃零食 -那你看看食品柜 |
[02:25] | there’s some unsalted veggie chips. | 有不加盐的蔬菜片 |
[02:27] | Okay, | 好的 |
[02:28] | I won’t look in the pantry. | 我就不看食品柜了 |
[02:36] | Hey, girl. | 美女 |
[02:38] | I love it when you call me that. | 我喜欢你这样叫我 |
[02:40] | Well, you want to give it a try? | 你也这么叫我试试 |
[02:42] | I’d love to… | 我很想 |
[02:44] | girl… | 美履 |
[02:48] | – No. – No. | -算了 -算了 |
[02:51] | – What’s up? – Well, I was wondering | -什么事 -我想问问 |
[02:53] | if you had the number to that guy who painted your house | 你们搬进来之前 给你家粉刷房子的工人 |
[02:55] | before you moved in. | 你有他电话号码吗 |
[03:00] | You guys are painting your house? | 你们要粉刷房子吗 |
[03:03] | Dave loves painting houses. | 戴夫超爱粉刷房子 |
[03:05] | More like houses love getting painted by Dave. | 更应该说房子喜欢被戴夫粉刷 |
[03:08] | You know, I put myself through college painting them back in Michigan. | 我在密歇根上大学时就开始粉刷了 |
[03:12] | On our first date, he took me on a tour | 我们第一次约会时 他带我参观了 |
[03:14] | of some of his favorites. | 几件得意之作 |
[03:16] | He even stopped and touched up a couple. | 中间他甚至还停下来补了补色 |
[03:20] | Well, on our first date Calvin broke up with his girlfriend. | 我们第一次约会时 卡尔文和前女友分手了 |
[03:27] | You know, if you want your house painted, I’d be happy to do it. | 如果你想粉刷房子 我很乐意帮忙 |
[03:29] | I mean, friends help out friends, right? | 朋友之间相互帮忙嘛 |
[03:31] | And I can take today off. | 我今天可以请假 |
[03:32] | Well, that’s so sweet of you, | 你真好 |
[03:33] | but Calvin wants me to hire a professional. | 但卡尔文想让我雇个专业的 |
[03:36] | A… a professional? | 专业的 |
[03:41] | Do you think they just let anyone paint | 你认为他们能随便让人 |
[03:43] | the Kalamazoo Hall of Records? | 粉刷卡拉马祖档案馆吗 |
[03:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:47] | I don’t know white people stuff. | 我又不了解白人 |
[03:52] | You should let him do it, Tina. | 你应该让他做 缇娜 |
[03:53] | He’s really good. | 他真的很棒 |
[03:54] | Look, I’m sure you’re right, but, you know, it’s just that… | 我相信你说的很对 只不过 |
[03:56] | – I’ll do it for free. – Okay, you’re hired. | -我可以免费帮你刷 -好 就是你了 |
[03:59] | But you better do a good job. | 但是你得刷好点 |
[04:00] | Oh, you got it, girl. | 放心吧 美女 |
[04:03] | See? Wow, he said it right. | 你看 他叫我美女就很好听 |
[04:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:07] | I know some black people stuff. | 我对黑人还是有些了解的 |
[04:19] | Dave? | 戴夫 |
[04:21] | Wazzup! | 近来可好 |
[04:24] | Should we tell him that’s not a thing anymore? | 我们要不要告诉他这个词已经不流行了 |
[04:27] | It’s not? | 不流行了吗 |
[04:29] | Uh, Dave, what are you doing up there? | 戴夫 你在上面干什么呢 |
[04:31] | Oh, I’m painting your house. | 我在帮你们刷房子 |
[04:32] | Mom hired you? | 我妈请你来的吗 |
[04:33] | No, no, no. She didn’t hire me. | 不是 不是 她没请我 |
[04:34] | I volunteered to do it for free. | 我自愿帮忙的 免费 |
[04:38] | Dad is gonna hate this. | 老爸会恨死的 |
[04:39] | It’s a total violation of his man code. | 绝对违反了他的男人守则 |
[04:41] | Oh, yeah, he is gonna freak out. | 他会疯掉的 |
[04:43] | You want to hang around and watch? | 你想不想搬个小板凳来看戏 |
[04:45] | Wazzup! | 近来可好 |
[04:48] | So, how we lookin’? | 看着还行吧 |
[04:49] | Yo, that looks great, man. | 看起来很不错啊 伙计 |
[04:51] | I can’t wait for your dad to see. | 我都等不及让你爸来看看 |
[04:52] | He is gonna go nuts. | 他会发疯的 |
[04:54] | Oh, you have no idea. | 你太天真了 |
[04:57] | All right. | 好了 |
[04:58] | We’re all finished patching and sanding. | 修补和打磨完成了 |
[05:01] | Now it’s time to prime. | 现在要进入正题了 |
[05:02] | Can you feel the excitement in the air? | 你们有没有觉得超级兴奋 |
[05:07] | We should probably warn him, right? | 我们得提醒一下他 |
[05:09] | Yeah, we probably should. | 是啊 我们得提醒他 |
[05:12] | Notice you’re not moving. | 我发现你没有动 |
[05:14] | I noticed that, too. | 我也发现了 |
[05:18] | Well, all right! | 不错啊 |
[05:21] | Yeah, that looks good, doesn’t it, Pop? | 这活干的不错 是吧 老爹 |
[05:23] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[05:24] | This looks better than good. | 是非常好啊 |
[05:26] | This guy knows what he’s doing. | 这家伙很懂行 |
[05:29] | I’m not sure he does. | 那可不一定 |
[05:31] | What?! | 你说什么 |
[05:32] | Look at his work! | 看看这活干的 |
[05:34] | This guy’s a real pro. | 太专业了 |
[05:37] | You see what happens when your mother listens to me? | 你看 你妈听我的就不会错 |
[05:41] | Oh, hey, Calvin. | 卡尔文 |
[05:43] | Hold on. | 等下 |
[05:45] | You’re painting the house? | 房子是你刷的吗 |
[05:46] | Wazzup! | 近来可好 |
[05:48] | And, like you said, he’s doing a great job. | 你也说了 他的技术很棒 |
[05:52] | You said that, Calvin? | 你说了吗 卡尔文 |
[05:55] | And the best part is, | 最棒的是 |
[05:57] | he’s doing it for free. | 他不收费噢 |
[06:00] | I-I need to, uh… | 我得 我得… |
[06:02] | – I-I’m gonna have to… – Right. | -我得去… -去吧 |
[06:04] | Tina! | 缇娜 |
[06:06] | Will you tell her that I’m gonna finish the front today | 你能不能告诉她我今天把前面刷完 |
[06:09] | and I’ll do the sides tomorrow? | 明天再刷侧面 |
[06:11] | Oh, isn’t that sweet. | 是不是很可爱 |
[06:12] | He thinks there’s gonna be a tomorrow. | 他以为明天还有得刷 |
[06:17] | Tina? | 缇娜 |
[06:19] | Tina? | 缇娜 |
[06:21] | What? | 干嘛 |
[06:22] | Tina, you’re letting Dave paint our house for free? | 缇娜 你让戴夫免费帮我们刷房子吗 |
[06:25] | So? You like anything free. | 那又怎么样 你不就喜欢免费的吗 |
[06:28] | No, I don’t. | 我不喜欢 |
[06:30] | You have two drawers in the kitchen stuffed with ketchup packets. | 厨房里有满满两抽屉番茄酱包 |
[06:33] | Those aren’t free. | 那不是免费的 |
[06:35] | They’re built into the price of the hamburger. | 汉堡的价格里已经包含番茄酱了 |
[06:38] | Calvin, you’re being ridiculous. | 卡尔文 你又开始无理取闹了 |
[06:40] | See, you just don’t get it. | 这就是你不懂了 |
[06:42] | Letting another man work on your house for free, | 让别的男人免费帮我们刷房子 |
[06:45] | it’s like saying you can’t do it yourself. | 就像是在说我们自己刷不了一样 |
[06:47] | Okay, so you want to do it yourself? | 好 那你要自己去刷吗 |
[06:48] | Hell no! | 绝对不去 |
[06:52] | But letting Dave paint our house, | 但是让戴夫给我们刷房子 |
[06:53] | that’s a direct violation of the man code. | 绝对违反了男人守则 |
[06:56] | Oh, please. The last time you talked about your man code, | 得了吧 上回提到你的男人守则 |
[06:59] | you refused to get stitches and almost lost your finger. | 你不愿意缝针 结果手指头差点保不住 |
[07:02] | I did not. It naturally healed. | 手指保住了 自然愈合的 |
[07:04] | Look, I can almost bend it. | 你看 现在几乎能弯了 |
[07:10] | You know, I don’t want to hear any more of this nonsense. | 我不想听你在这里胡说八道 |
[07:12] | It’s not nonsense. | 这不是胡说八道 |
[07:13] | See, there are unwritten rules to manhood. | 男人有不成文的原则 |
[07:16] | Like always give a firm handshake. | 比如 握手要有力 |
[07:18] | And that your word is your bond. | 比如要言出必行 |
[07:20] | And never, ever compliment another man’s outfit | 还有 永远不要恭维其他男人的衣服 |
[07:23] | unless you’re looking for a fight. | 除非你想找架吵 |
[07:27] | Calvin, you told me to hire someone good and cheap, | 卡尔文 是你要我雇一个又能干又便宜的人 |
[07:30] | which I did, so as far as I’m concerned, | 我照你说的做了 对我来说 |
[07:32] | the only problem we have is you. | 唯一的问题就是你 |
[07:34] | You hire another man | 你雇了另一个男人 |
[07:36] | who’s doing an excellent job painting our house for free, | 他刷得那么好 却不收钱 |
[07:40] | and I’m the problem? | 我还成了问题所在 |
[07:43] | Okay, Tina. | 好吧 缇娜 |
[07:46] | Well, okay, Calvin. | 好吧 卡尔文 |
[07:50] | If you don’t like it, then you do something about it. | 如果你不喜欢 那就做点什么 |
[07:53] | Oh, I will. | 我会的 |
[07:54] | And don’t be messin’ with my ketchup packets. | 别弄我的番茄酱包 |
[07:57] | I know how many there are! | 我知道有多少包 |
[08:01] | Now, you’re probably wondering | 你们可能在想 |
[08:02] | why I chose natural over synthetic fiber. | 我为什么选了天然纤维 没选合成纤维 |
[08:05] | Yeah, that’s exactly why we’re sticking around. | 对 我们就是因为这事留下的 |
[08:10] | Dave. | 戴夫 |
[08:11] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[08:12] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[08:13] | Because I can paint my own damn house. | 因为我可以自己粉刷我的房子 |
[08:16] | You can’t fire me. I’m doing this for free. | 你不能解雇我 我又没收钱 |
[08:18] | And you call yourself a friend! | 你还说咱俩是朋友呢 |
[08:32] | Hey, Mr. Calvin. | 卡尔文先生 |
[08:34] | Oh, hey, little man. | 小家伙 |
[08:36] | That’s not how my dad paints the house. | 我爸不是这么粉刷房子的 |
[08:38] | Goodbye, little man. | 再见 小家伙 |
[08:42] | Have you ever done this before? | 你之前干过这个吗 |
[08:44] | No. But it’s not that hard. | 没有 但这也没有很难 |
[08:46] | I mean, you… | 不就是… |
[08:47] | dip it… | 蘸一蘸 |
[08:48] | slap it, watch it dry. | 抹一抹 等着干 |
[08:51] | Dip it, slap it… | 蘸一蘸 抹一抹 |
[08:56] | …watch it dry. | 等着干 |
[09:00] | Why won’t you just let my dad help you? | 你怎么不让我爸帮你 |
[09:02] | Well, because of something called the man code. | 因为一个叫男人守则的东西 |
[09:06] | That’s a set of unwritten rules | 那是一套未成文的规矩 |
[09:08] | that fathers have passed down from generation to generation. | 由当爹的世代相传下来 |
[09:12] | What are the rules? | 什么规矩 |
[09:13] | Well, for one… | 其中一条就是 |
[09:16] | never text a man “Get home safe.” | 不要给一个男人发短信说”平安回家” |
[09:19] | If he doesn’t, it’s just God’s plan. | 如果他没能安全到家 只是上帝的旨意 |
[09:23] | My friends and I mostly text each other emojis. | 我朋友和我一般只会发表情包 |
[09:26] | Oh, oh, you got to stop doing that. | 还是不要这样了 |
[09:29] | The only emojis you can text to another man is | 你能给另一个男人发的表情包只有 |
[09:32] | the fist bump, | 击拳 |
[09:33] | strong arm, | 秀肌肉 |
[09:35] | and the thumbs up. | 还有竖大拇指 |
[09:38] | What about a unicorn head? | 那独角兽头呢 |
[09:40] | Only if the fist bump is punching it in the face. | 除非你用击拳表情打在它脸上 |
[09:45] | ‘Kay. | 行吧 |
[09:47] | And that’s another one. | 还有一条 |
[09:48] | Never text another man, “‘Kay.” | 不要给另一个男人发短信说”行吧” |
[09:51] | It’s always, “O-kay.” | 要说”好吧” |
[09:54] | Wh-Why? | 为什么 |
[09:55] | No one knows. It-it just is. | 没人知道 就是这样 |
[10:00] | O-kay. | 好吧 |
[10:01] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[10:06] | Yeah, he got that way faster than Marty. | 他上道比马蒂快多了 |
[10:14] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:16] | Watching Calvin paint his house. | 看卡尔文粉刷他的房子 |
[10:18] | It’s a disaster. | 烂爆了 |
[10:20] | He didn’t prime, he didn’t tape. | 他没有打底漆 也没有贴胶带 |
[10:21] | It’s… it’s just like he’s dipping and slapping out there. | 他好像只是在那蘸蘸抹抹 |
[10:28] | You know, seeing you out there painting yesterday | 知道吗 昨天看见你在那粉刷房子 |
[10:31] | brought back a lot of fond memories. | 勾起了很多美好的回忆 |
[10:36] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[10:39] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[10:41] | Like when they gave you the keys to the Hall of Records, | 比如他们把档案馆的钥匙给你后 |
[10:44] | and we had some fun in the permit office. | 我们在许可证办公室玩了一会 |
[10:47] | We definitely didn’t have a permit for that. | 那肯定没有得到许可 |
[10:51] | So, I was thinking, maybe later today… | 所以 我在想 或许等会… |
[10:53] | Oh, for God’s sakes. | 不是吧 |
[10:57] | He’s stirring the paint with a tree branch! | 他用树枝搅拌油漆 |
[10:59] | This man is a maniac! | 他是个疯子 |
[11:02] | I don’t understand why he insists on doing this alone. | 我不明白他为什么要坚持自己刷 |
[11:05] | – Easy, Dad. Man code. – What? | -放轻松 爸 男人守则 -什么 |
[11:09] | He said you’re breaking the rules of being a man. | 他说你违反了男人的规矩 |
[11:13] | By the way, you got to stop texting me unicorns. | 顺便说下 不要再给我发独角兽表情了 |
[11:18] | What is he talking about? | 他在说什么 |
[11:20] | I was not breaking man code. I was following it. | 我可没有违反男人守则 我在谨遵男人守则 |
[11:23] | Always have your buddy’s back, never leave a job unfinished. | 兄弟有需就要挺身而出 永远不要半途而废 |
[11:25] | And if your friend looks good in a new suit, | 如果朋友的新衣服很好看 |
[11:27] | make sure to let him know. | 一定要称赞他 |
[11:31] | Well, instead of standing here watching Calvin paint, | 还是不要站在这看卡尔文刷墙了 |
[11:34] | maybe we could go upstairs and… | 或许我们可以上楼去 然后… |
[11:39] | Would you look at that? | 你快看啊 |
[11:40] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天 |
[11:42] | He’s using rollers on the window frames. | 他在窗框上用滚轮 |
[11:44] | The man’s oblivious to everything! | 这个人什么都不懂 |
[11:52] | Yo, I hear this movie is hilarious. | 我听说这电影超搞笑的 |
[11:54] | I don’t know, man. | 我不确定 伙计 |
[11:55] | I doubt anything’s gonna top watching Dad splash around | 我怀疑能有什么比看老爸在油漆桶里 |
[11:58] | in a paint can looking for his phone. | 找手机更搞笑 |
[12:03] | Uh, Marty, what are you doing? | 马蒂 你在干什么 |
[12:05] | I’m sitting down. | 我在落座 |
[12:06] | Uh, man code, Marty! | 男人守则 马蒂 |
[12:08] | Whenever possible, two men always leave a seat in between them. | 只要有可能 两个男人总要在中间留一个空位 |
[12:11] | What? But if I sit over there, | 什么 但是如果我坐过去 |
[12:13] | how are we gonna share the popcorn? | 我们还怎么一起吃爆米花 |
[12:19] | We’re not. | 我们不一起吃 |
[12:21] | And if we go to the bathroom together, | 而且如果我们一起去洗手间 |
[12:23] | eyes forward, no talking at the urinal. | 眼睛向前看 不要在小便池说话 |
[12:27] | Okay, dude. Okay. | 好吧 老兄 |
[12:29] | I just thought with all your talk about being “woke,” | 我还以为既然你总把”觉醒”挂在嘴上 |
[12:31] | you’d be a little more progressive. | 你应该更加开明才对 |
[12:33] | Um, excuse you? I am progressive. | 你说什么 我很开明 |
[12:35] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[12:36] | Because it seems to me you’ve bought into Dad’s | 可是在我看来你已经接受了 |
[12:38] | outdated ideas about masculinity. | 老爸关于男子气概的过时观念 |
[12:40] | – Oh, no, I have not. – Prove it. | -不 我才没有 -证明一下啊 |
[12:43] | Okay, I will. | 好啊 我来证明 |
[12:48] | There. See? | 看到了吗 |
[12:49] | Woke. | 觉醒了 |
[12:52] | Now, that’s what I’m talking about. | 这还差不多 |
[12:53] | That feels okay, doesn’t it? | 感觉还不错 对吧 |
[12:55] | You know, actually, it’s not that bad. | 其实也没那么糟 |
[12:57] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[12:58] | – You’re still a man. – Right. | -你仍然是个爷们 -对 |
[13:00] | – I’m still a man. – Right. | -我仍然是个爷们 -对 |
[13:03] | Some people might even say that we are more manly | 有些人甚至会说我们变得更爷们了 |
[13:06] | because we’re so comfortable with ourselves. | 因为我们对自己很满意 |
[13:08] | Yeah. Good for us. | 我们是好样的 |
[13:09] | Yeah, man. | 是啊 |
[13:11] | Pop doesn’t know what he’s talking about. | 老爹不知道自己在说什么 |
[13:12] | Man, no. | 没错 |
[13:24] | – Yeah, I’m gonna… I’m gonna move over there. – Yeah. | -我要 我要坐那边去 -好 |
[13:25] | This seat is way more comfortable. | 这个座位舒服多了 |
[13:27] | I feel like here. | 我还是坐这边吧 |
[13:31] | Well, I think I got most of the paint off. | 我应该把大部分油漆都洗掉了 |
[13:35] | But just in case… | 不过以防万一 |
[13:37] | maybe you should check to see if I missed some spots. | 或许你该检查一下我有没有遗漏的地方 |
[13:42] | Oh, you missed a few spots, all right. | 你确实遗漏了几个地方 |
[13:44] | Under the window, next to the air conditioner, | 窗户下面 空调旁边 |
[13:47] | the entire back of the house. | 房子的整个后墙 |
[13:49] | Oh, now you want the back of the house painted? | 现在你又想粉刷后墙了 |
[13:52] | Someone’s getting a little bougie. | 某人有点庸俗了 |
[13:55] | Calvin, this is our home. | 卡尔文 这是我们的家 |
[13:56] | I just want it to look nice. | 我只是想让它变得漂亮些 |
[13:58] | I know, and it will, babe, I promise. | 我知道 会变漂亮的 我保证 |
[14:01] | You did look manly out there. | 你干活时确实很有男子气概 |
[14:03] | I did, didn’t I? | 可不是嘛 |
[14:05] | I mean, check out this property, girl. | 瞧瞧这房子 姑娘 |
[14:07] | Would you love it or list it? | 你是要爱它还是要卖它 |
[14:12] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[14:13] | Oh, you know what that was. | 你很清楚那是什么 |
[14:18] | No, no, no. What was that sound? | 不不不 那是什么声音 |
[14:20] | Ooh, I think somebody’s trying to break in. | 我觉得有人想闯进来 |
[14:22] | – Well, he ain’t the only one. – Come on. Calvin! | -他不是唯一一个想闯入的人 -别闹 卡尔文 |
[14:27] | Fine. | 行 |
[14:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:29] | I’ll go check it out, | 我去看看 |
[14:31] | but if I’m not back here in two minutes, call the police. | 但如果我两分钟内没回来 你就报警 |
[14:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:36] | But use your white voice. | 但要用你的白人语调 |
[14:48] | Dave, what the hell are you doing?! | 戴夫 你究竟在干什么 |
[14:53] | I’m finishing the job I started. | 我要善始善终 |
[14:54] | That’s man code! | 这是男人守则 |
[14:57] | Nice pajamas, by the way. | 顺便一说 睡衣挺好看 |
[15:00] | Get down from there and stop painting my house. | 赶紧下来 别再粉刷我的房子了 |
[15:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:03] | Because you’re making me look bad. | 因为你让我脸上无光 |
[15:05] | All I’m doing is making your house look better. | 我所做的只是让你的房子更光鲜 |
[15:08] | Exactly. And I’ll never forgive you for it. | 没错 我永远不会原谅你的 |
[15:13] | Calvin, what’s going on? You need backup? | 卡尔文 怎么回事 需要支援吗 |
[15:15] | I got my beat-down pan. | 我拿了一击必胜平底锅 |
[15:17] | Go back inside. | 回屋里去 |
[15:19] | Uh, it’s just Dave. | 是戴夫 |
[15:20] | What is going on out here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[15:23] | And why does Tina have her beat-down pan? | 为什么缇娜拿着一击必胜锅 |
[15:27] | Calvin, just let me do this for you. | 卡尔文 让我帮你刷吧 |
[15:31] | You want to do something for me? | 你想帮我吗 |
[15:33] | Then I’ll do something for you! | 那我也来帮你 |
[15:35] | What is he doing? | 他要干什么 |
[15:36] | I don’t know, but it’s gonna be stupid. | 不知道 但肯定很愚蠢 |
[15:42] | Check it out, Dave. | 看好了 戴夫 |
[15:43] | I’m about to cut your grass for you! | 我要帮你割草了 |
[15:44] | What?! | 什么 |
[15:47] | Calvin, don’t you start that lawn mower! | 卡尔文 别开割草机 |
[15:50] | Oh, I’ll do it, Dave. | 我要开 戴夫 |
[15:51] | – I’ll do it. – Calvin, don’t! | -我要开了 -卡尔文 不要 |
[15:53] | Dave, too late. You brought this on yourself. | 戴夫 太迟了 这是你自找的 |
[15:58] | Like I said, you brought this on yourself! | 我说了 这是你自找的 |
[16:01] | Dad? What are you doing, man? | 爸爸 你在干什么 |
[16:04] | I’m cutting Dave’s lawn to punish him for painting my house. | 我要割戴夫的草坪来惩罚他刷我的房子 |
[16:08] | Calvin, if you start that lawn mower, | 卡尔文 如果你开割草机 |
[16:10] | I’m gonna come out here tomorrow night, | 我明晚就出来 |
[16:11] | I’m gonna put on a second coat! | 再刷一遍 |
[16:19] | Uh, should we stop them? | 我们要阻止他们吗 |
[16:21] | Are you kidding me? | 逗我呢 |
[16:22] | If we stay quiet, one of them might wash my car. | 只要我们别说话 说不定会有人帮我洗车呢 |
[16:25] | How you like that, Dave? | 怎么样啊 戴夫 |
[16:26] | This is what you get for breaking the man code– | 这就是你破坏男人守则的下场 |
[16:28] | freshly-cut grass! | 刚割的草坪 |
[16:30] | You broke the man code! | 你破坏了男人守则 |
[16:31] | – You broke it! – No, you broke it! | -是你破坏了 -不 是你 |
[16:32] | – You broke it, Dave. – You broke-broke it. | -是你破坏了 戴夫 -你更过分了 |
[16:43] | I did break that. | 这罐子的确是我弄破的 |
[16:57] | Morning. | 早 |
[17:03] | Hey, look, uh, about last night, man… | 昨晚的事… |
[17:06] | Yeah, yeah. Uh, things got a little out of hand. | 是啊 有点失控了 |
[17:09] | In hindsight, maybe I shouldn’t have been out | 回头想了想 也许我不应该 |
[17:11] | in the middle of the night painting your house. | 半夜粉刷你的房子 |
[17:15] | Yeah, in retrospect, that did start this whole thing. | 你这么一说嘛 这确实是整个闹剧的起因 |
[17:20] | Look, I really didn’t mean to start a fight. | 我真的没想着闹成那样 |
[17:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:24] | But, Dave, you just can’t do another man a favor | 但是 戴夫 你不能不过问别人 |
[17:27] | without asking him first. | 就直接帮忙 |
[17:29] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[17:30] | Because then, I would owe you one, | 因为那样的话 我就欠了你一个人情 |
[17:32] | and I don’t like owing anybody anything. | 我不喜欢欠任何人东西 |
[17:34] | Well, I bought you a bagel last week. | 我上周给你买了一个百吉饼 |
[17:38] | But I drove, so we were even. | 但是我开的车 所以我们扯平了 |
[17:42] | Calvin, you don’t owe me anything. | 卡尔文 你不欠我什么 |
[17:45] | We’re friends. | 我们是朋友 |
[17:47] | Well, maybe that’s how it works back in Kalamazoo, | 这种方式可能在卡拉马祖行得通 |
[17:49] | but out here, it’s different. | 但这里的习惯不同 |
[17:53] | I-I guess we just have different man codes. | 可能我们的男人守则不同吧 |
[17:57] | Yeah. I guess we do. | 是啊 可能吧 |
[18:01] | You think there’s any overlap? | 你觉得咱俩的男人守则有共同点吗 |
[18:03] | Probably. I’m sure there is. | 应该吧 肯定有 |
[18:08] | What does yours say about holding your wife’s purse? | 你怎么看帮你老婆拿钱包 |
[18:11] | Well, you can do it as long as you look mad. | 只要你看起来很生气就可以 |
[18:16] | That’s what mine says, too. | 我的守则也是这样 |
[18:18] | This is the face I make. | 我是这个表情 |
[18:24] | Not bad. This is mine. | 不错啊 我是这样 |
[18:29] | That’s the face you made | 我让你 |
[18:30] | when I asked you to come to a spin class with me. | 和我一起上单车课你就是这种表情 |
[18:33] | Yeah, it’s kind of like a go-to scowl for me. | 我生气的表情就这样 |
[18:37] | Look, uh, I’ll grab a broom and help you clean up. | 我去拿个扫帚帮你打扫一下 |
[18:40] | Sure that doesn’t violate your man code? | 这不违反你的男人守则吗 |
[18:42] | Good point. You’re on your own. | 有道理 那你自己来吧 |
[18:51] | All right, how am I looking over here, man? | 伙计 我刷得怎么样 |
[18:53] | Calvin, you’re a natural, | 卡尔文 你太有天赋了 |
[18:55] | but can I give you one piece of advice? | 但我能给你一个建议吗 |
[18:58] | – Sure. – Okay, now, | -当然 -好 |
[19:00] | you’re letting your shoulder do all the work. | 你完全在靠肩部用力 |
[19:03] | The magic is in your hips. | 但是臀部才是关键 |
[19:12] | – So like this? – There you go. | -像这样吗 -没错 |
[19:16] | See? Told you it was sexy. | 瞧 我说了很性感吧 |
[19:20] | You weren’t kidding. | 你还真没开玩笑 |
[19:22] | I had Dave paint our house five times in Michigan. | 我们在密歇根时 我让戴夫刷了五遍房子 |
[19:25] | It’s how we got Grover. | 然后我就怀上葛罗弗了 |
[19:28] | Paint that wall, baby! | 好好刷哟 宝贝 |
[19:30] | Uh, yeah, Dave. You missed some spots on the bottom. | 是啊 戴夫 下面还有些地方没刷到呢 |
[19:32] | Take it down low. | 低一点 |
[19:34] | Yeah, drop that thang, Calvin. | 没错 放低一点 卡尔文 |
[19:37] | Calvin, uh, what’s your man code say about this? | 卡尔文 你的男人守则上遇到这种情况怎么办 |
[19:41] | It’s the number one rule of the man code, Dave– | 这是男人守则的第一条 戴夫 |
[19:43] | always keep your wife happy. | 永远要让老婆开心 |
[19:45] | Drop that thing, dawg. | 蹲下去 老兄 |