时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Hey, Calvin. | 卡尔文 |
[00:05] | I can’t hear you. | 我听不到 |
[00:07] | Hey, can I talk to you for a second? | 能聊两句吗 |
[00:09] | I still can’t hear you, but no. | 依然听不到 另外不行 |
[00:12] | Please? | 拜托了 |
[00:17] | Yeah, man. What’s up? | 好吧 什么事 |
[00:18] | So, our anniversary is coming up. | 我们的纪念日快到了 |
[00:20] | Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, | 戴夫 戴夫 |
[00:21] | we’ve only known each other for two months. | 咱们刚认识了俩月 |
[00:25] | Well, I was talking about me and Gemma. | 我是说我和杰玛 |
[00:27] | Besides, our man-iversary isn’t until the fifth. | 再说 咱俩的纪念日是五号 |
[00:31] | So, how are you two celebrating? | 那你们打算怎么庆祝 |
[00:33] | You know, Gemma’s under a lot of pressure with the new job | 杰玛的新工作压力很大 |
[00:35] | and still getting used to living here, | 另外还在适应这里的生活 |
[00:37] | so I want to do something really special for her. | 我想为她做点特别的事 |
[00:40] | Like the time you tried to take me to a Renaissance fair? | 比如那次你想带我去文艺复兴集会 |
[00:44] | You would’ve had fun, milord. | 你去了会很开心的 老爷 |
[00:48] | Anyway, look, | 话说回来 |
[00:49] | I’m having a box of her favorite cupcakes flown in from Michigan. | 我买了盒她最喜欢的蛋糕 从密歇根空运的 |
[00:52] | I got a fancy bottle of champagne. | 还买了瓶上好的香槟 |
[00:54] | I even may have choreographed a little dance number for her. | 我甚至还为她编了段舞蹈 |
[00:58] | You know, like Magic Mike. | 就是像《魔力麦克》那种 |
[00:59] | I’m guessing more like Tragic Dave. | 我觉得更像是《悲剧戴夫》 |
[01:04] | I-I just really want to help her put everything aside | 我真的想帮她暂时放下一切 |
[01:07] | for one night, | 哪怕一晚 |
[01:09] | just try to get Gemma to relax. | 就是想让杰玛放松下 |
[01:12] | Yeah, I get it. | 我明白了 |
[01:13] | You’re not getting sex. | 你们不做爱 |
[01:17] | You know how things can slow down | 你明白当你很忙且有了孩子 |
[01:19] | when you get busy and with the kids. | 有些事就减缓了 |
[01:22] | No, Dave, I don’t. | 不 戴夫 我不明白 |
[01:25] | You’re gonna tell me you and Tina never had a dry spell? | 你不会告诉我 你和缇娜从未有过旱季吧 |
[01:28] | Dave. Dave. | 戴夫 戴夫 |
[01:32] | In-in the Butler household, | 在巴特勒家 |
[01:34] | it’s like monsoon season all-year-round, bud. | 一年到头都是雨季 |
[01:38] | So, what’s your secret? | 那你的秘诀是什么 |
[01:40] | Well, damn, Dave. | 这个嘛 戴夫 |
[01:42] | Check it out. | 自己看 |
[01:43] | You know? | 明白了吗 |
[01:49] | I maintain my sexy, you know? | 让自己保持性感 懂吗 |
[01:53] | Well, you know, I keep it sexy, too. | 我也保持性感 |
[01:57] | A lot of people say I look just like Tom Cruise. | 很多人都说我看着像汤姆·克鲁斯 |
[02:06] | Yeah, a’ight. Yeah. | 对 没错 |
[02:09] | Anyway, look, I-I planned the perfect night. | 无论如何 我计划了完美之夜 |
[02:11] | There’s just one problem. | 只有一个问题 |
[02:13] | We need to find someone to watch Grover. | 我们需要找人看着葛罗弗 |
[02:15] | Well, why don’t you get a babysitter? | 怎么不找个保姆 |
[02:17] | Well, we would, but since we moved, we haven’t found anyone. | 我们想找的 不过搬家后一直没找到 |
[02:20] | You know, back in Michigan, we knew all our neighbors | 在密歇根的时候 我们认识所有邻居 |
[02:22] | and felt comfortable leaving him with them. But… | 把他交给邻居感觉没问题 不过 |
[02:26] | the only neighbors we know here | 这里的邻居 |
[02:28] | are you guys. | 我们只认识你们 |
[02:30] | Okay, say no more. | 不用多说了 |
[02:31] | I got the answer to your problem. | 我能解决你这个问题 |
[02:33] | Calvin, thank you so, so much. | 卡尔文 太感谢你了 |
[02:36] | Move back to Michigan. | 搬回密歇根 |
[02:39] | Let’s go, baby. | 走吧 |
[02:57] | – Hey, Tina. – Hey, Gemma. You busy? | -缇娜 -杰玛 你忙吗 |
[02:59] | Ugh, actually, I’m swamped. | 我忙死了 |
[03:01] | – I brought wine. – I could use a break. | -我带酒了 -我能休息下 |
[03:06] | Look at all this paperwork. | 看看这一大堆文件 |
[03:08] | No wonder you’re looking like the Apocalypse Barbie. | 难怪你看着跟末日芭比一样 |
[03:12] | I just have so much to do. | 我有一堆事要做 |
[03:14] | I have to finish teacher evaluations, | 我得完成教师评估表 |
[03:16] | go through grant proposals, | 审完经费申请报告 |
[03:17] | and get ready for a visit from the superintendent. | 准备接待上级领导来访 |
[03:19] | Damn, that’s stressful. I always thought principal was like | 压力好大 我一直觉得校长 |
[03:22] | a figurehead position, you know? | 就是个有名无实的职位 |
[03:23] | Like the queen. | 跟女王一样 |
[03:26] | I don’t think the queen wears the same bra five days in a row. | 我觉得女王大人不会一副胸罩连戴五天 |
[03:32] | No wonder you and Dave are going through a slump in your bedroom. | 难怪你和戴夫房事倦怠了 |
[03:35] | Wha– | 什么 |
[03:38] | Where did you hear that? | 你在哪听说的 |
[03:39] | Dave told Calvin. | 戴夫跟卡尔文说的 |
[03:41] | Why would he tell him? | 他为什么这么说 |
[03:42] | You’ve been wearing the same damn bra for five days, Gemma! | 你一副胸罩都连穿五天了 杰玛 |
[03:48] | And, besides, I mean, he asked us to babysit Grover | 而且 他是拜托我们照顾葛罗弗 |
[03:50] | so he can take you out for your anniversary. | 他好带你出去过结婚纪念日 |
[03:54] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[03:55] | Our anniversary. | 我们的结婚纪念日 |
[03:57] | I can’t believe I forgot. | 我竟然连这个都忘了 |
[03:59] | You forgot your anniversary? | 你忘了结婚纪念日 |
[04:03] | What are you, a man? | 你是谁啊 男人吗 |
[04:06] | It’s just, things have been so crazy at work, | 只是工作上的事太忙了 |
[04:09] | and Grover’s still adjusting to the move. | 葛罗弗还在适应搬家 |
[04:11] | He’s even started sleeping in our bed. | 他都开始跟我们一起睡了 |
[04:14] | Ooh, is Dave okay with that? | 戴夫对此没意见吗 |
[04:17] | Let me ask you this. You-you’re still attracted to Dave, right? | 我这么问吧 你还喜欢戴夫吧 |
[04:20] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[04:24] | You’ve seen him. | 你又不是没见过他 |
[04:25] | He looks exactly like Tom Cruise. | 他就是翻版汤姆·克鲁斯啊 |
[04:30] | Yeah. All right. | 是啊 好吧 |
[04:33] | Besides, come on, everyone goes through lulls. | 而且 每个人都有个平静期吧 |
[04:41] | Look, | 这样吧 |
[04:42] | let us take Grover so you guys can go out and celebrate. | 我们来照顾葛罗弗 你们出去庆祝下 |
[04:46] | That is so nice of you. Thank you. | 你们太好了 谢谢你 |
[04:48] | You are welcome. | 不用客气 |
[04:51] | So, you and Calvin really never have any lulls? | 你和卡尔文就没有平静期么 |
[04:54] | No. | 没有 |
[04:58] | I mean, you’ve seen him. | 你又不是没见过他 |
[05:03] | That man maintains his sexy. | 他总是那么性感 |
[05:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:14] | That must be Grover. Malcolm, get the door. | 应该是葛罗弗到了 马尔科姆 去开门 |
[05:16] | I still don’t know how you convinced me to do this. | 我还是没搞懂你是怎么说服我的 |
[05:20] | Oh, you know. | 你懂的 |
[05:24] | Hey, guys. Come on in. | 各位 快进来 |
[05:27] | Thank you so much for taking Grover overnight. | 真的很感谢你们今晚帮我们照顾葛罗弗 |
[05:30] | You don’t know how important this is to us. | 这真是给我们帮了大忙 |
[05:34] | Okay. Okay, Dave, | 好了 好了 戴夫 |
[05:36] | save some for your wife, okay? | 留着抱你老婆 好不好 |
[05:41] | Now, sweetie, everything’s gonna be just fine. | 宝贝 没事的 |
[05:43] | If you need anything, you ask Miss Tina. | 如果需要什么的话 就找缇娜小姐 |
[05:45] | And if you get scared, don’t worry, | 你要是害怕的话 也没关系 |
[05:47] | because Mommy is gonna be right next door. | 妈妈就在隔壁 |
[05:50] | ‘Kay. Bye. | 好 再见 |
[05:53] | Okay, I think he’s good. | 我觉得不用担心他 |
[05:54] | Let’s make like Tom and cruise. | 我们要像汤姆一样去浪了 |
[05:58] | Wait, before we go, everything he needs is in this bag: | 等下 他的东西都在这个包里 |
[06:00] | his blanket, his nightlight, | 他的毯子 他的床头灯 |
[06:01] | and his rosemary eucalyptus candle | 还有他的迷迭香桉油蜡烛 |
[06:03] | that’ll help him fall asleep. | 可以帮助他安眠 |
[06:06] | Time is a-wastin’. | 时间不等人 |
[06:08] | I think The Firm is about to premiere, | 《糖衣陷阱》要开演了 |
[06:10] | if you know what I mean. | 你懂我意思吧 |
[06:12] | I do. | 我懂 |
[06:19] | This is a nice candle. | 这个蜡烛很不错 |
[06:21] | We’re gonna keep this for ourselves. | 我们留给自己好了 |
[06:27] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[06:28] | Ready. | 好了 |
[06:34] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[06:41] | I think I may have over-waxed the floor. | 好像地上打蜡打太多了 |
[06:47] | For what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[06:48] | I think you’re hotter than Tom Cruise. | 我觉得你比汤姆·克鲁斯还要性感 |
[06:51] | Thanks, babe. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[06:52] | I think you’re hotter than Tom Cruise, too. | 我也觉得你比汤姆·克鲁斯性感 |
[06:57] | – I love you. – I love you. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[07:00] | Oh, let me check that. It might be Grover. | 让我看下 可能是葛罗弗 |
[07:02] | Or maybe it’s not. | 也可能不是 |
[07:04] | Actually, it’s about work. Hold on. | 其实是工作 等下 |
[07:06] | Let me just respond real quick. | 让我快速回复一下 |
[07:08] | Okay, yeah. Sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[07:11] | Oh, that is so great. | 太棒了 |
[07:13] | Anything I can do to help you relax. | 只要能让你放松一下就好 |
[07:16] | Oh, no, I was talking about this grant approval. | 不是 我是说经费申请被批准了 |
[07:21] | Okay, you know, s-since it’s our anniversary, | 既然是我们的结婚纪念日 |
[07:23] | maybe we put the phone down and we-we focus on each other. | 要不我们先把手机放下 先关注下我们 |
[07:27] | You’re right. You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说得对 非常抱歉 |
[07:30] | Here you go. | 来吧 |
[07:31] | To our anniversary. | 纪念日快乐 |
[07:32] | And our new home. | 搬家快乐 |
[07:34] | And our first night alone in it without Grover. | 第一次没有葛罗弗在家共度良宵 |
[07:36] | – Aw, Grover. – No, no. | -葛罗弗 -别这样 |
[07:39] | No, tonight is just about us. | 今晚是我们两个人的夜晚 |
[07:41] | I-I didn’t mean to mention Grover. | 我不是有意要提葛罗弗的 |
[07:42] | Pretend you didn’t hear that. Pretend he doesn’t exist. | 假装你没听到 假装他不存在 |
[07:45] | – Dave! – No! | -戴夫 -不对 |
[07:46] | Look, of course he exists. | 他当然存在 |
[07:49] | We love him. He’s here with us. | 我们爱他 我们和他在一起 |
[07:50] | But, at the same time, he’s not, like a ghost. | 但他又没和我们在一起 像鬼一样 |
[07:53] | That’s it. I’m gonna go check on him. | 够了 我要去看下他 |
[07:54] | Okay, no. Gemma, look. | 不要 杰玛 |
[07:56] | Look, I’m-I’m– | 我 我 |
[07:58] | I’m sorry. | 我错了 |
[08:00] | Can’t we just have this night together? | 我们就不能好好享受这一晚吗 |
[08:03] | It’s our anniversary. | 今天是我们的结婚纪念日啊 |
[08:05] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[08:07] | I miss you, too. | 我也想你了 |
[08:12] | Okay, great. | 太棒了 |
[08:13] | ‘Cause I have another surprise for you. | 我还给你准备了一个意外惊喜 |
[08:16] | Is it trying to juggle bottles like in Cocktail? | 是像《鸡尾酒》里那样表演抛瓶子吗 |
[08:19] | Because, last time, I wound up in the emergency room. | 你上次表演 我最后去了急诊室 |
[08:25] | Oh, my God! Are those what I think they are?! | 天哪 跟我想的一样吗 |
[08:28] | Your favorite Michigan cherry cupcakes, | 你最喜欢的密歇根樱桃纸杯蛋糕 |
[08:31] | shipped fresh today, all the way from Kalamazoo. | 今天从喀拉马祖新鲜直达的 |
[08:35] | I love these! | 我太喜欢了 |
[08:37] | Grover and I used to eat them all the time. | 我之前和葛罗弗总是会吃这种蛋糕 |
[08:41] | Now, Grover, when the boys were young, | 葛罗弗 孩子们小时候 |
[08:43] | we used to go around the table and say what we’re thankful for. | 我们都会坐在桌前轮流说出自己的感谢致辞 |
[08:46] | So, I’ll go first. | 那我先来 |
[08:47] | I am thankful that you are our guest this evening. | 感谢你今晚来我家做客 |
[08:50] | Uh, I am thankful for Star Wars. | 感谢《星球大战》 |
[08:53] | Not the prequels. | 前传不算 |
[08:54] | Those hurt my heart. | 它们伤了我的心 |
[08:57] | Well, now that they have a black hero, | 现在他们有了黑人英雄 |
[09:00] | I’m thankful for Star Wars, too. | 我也感谢《星球大战》 |
[09:02] | “Now”? What do you mean “now”? | “现在” 你说”现在”是什么意思 |
[09:04] | Empire Strikes Back, Lando Calrissian? | 《星球大战2 帝国反击战》中的蓝道·卡利森 |
[09:06] | You ain’t got no love for Billy Dee? | 你不喜欢比利·蒂吗 |
[09:09] | All right, all right. Listen up, you two. | 好了 听好了 你们两个 |
[09:11] | I’m-a tell you what I’m thankful for. | 让我来告诉你们我感谢什么 |
[09:13] | My vasectomy. That’s what I’m thankful for. | 我的结扎 我要感谢我结扎了 |
[09:17] | And family. And family. | 还有家人 家人 |
[09:20] | Um, Grover, what are you thankful for, baby? | 葛罗弗 你要感谢什么 宝贝 |
[09:22] | Chicken fingers. | 鸡柳 |
[09:24] | Can I have some? | 我可以吃吗 |
[09:27] | Well, actually, I made catfish tonight. | 事实上 我今晚做的是鲶鱼 |
[09:29] | Yes. | 对 |
[09:30] | And the rule in our house is that everyone eats | 我们家的规矩就是缇娜小姐做什么 |
[09:33] | what Miss Tina cooks. | 我们就吃什么 |
[09:35] | Well, can you ask Miss Tina to cook some chicken fingers? | 那我能请缇娜小姐做一点鸡柳吗 |
[09:43] | Well, we don’t have that. | 我们家没有鸡柳 |
[09:45] | But I could probably whip you up something real quick. | 但我也许可以很快给你做点别的 |
[09:48] | What do you like? | 你想吃什么 |
[09:49] | Maybe some spaghetti? | 那就来点意面吧 |
[09:51] | Got that. | 好的 |
[09:52] | With chicken fingers. | 加上鸡柳 |
[09:55] | Look, Grover, | 葛罗弗 |
[09:56] | you’re gonna eat your catfish with the rest of us, | 你要和我们大家一起吃鲶鱼 |
[09:58] | and I bet you’re gonna like it. | 我打赌你会喜欢的 |
[09:59] | I’ll take that bet. | 那就赌赌看吧 |
[10:05] | Now, listen, little man, | 小家伙 |
[10:07] | there are starving children all around the world | 世界上有很多挨饿的小孩 |
[10:09] | who would love a piece of that delicious catfish. | 会很愿意吃一块美味的鲶鱼的 |
[10:12] | You’re right. We should give it to one of them. | 你说得对 我们应该送给他们 |
[10:17] | Coming to a hotel was such a good idea. | 来酒店开房真是个好主意 |
[10:20] | But are you sure we can afford it? | 不过你确定我们负担得起吗 |
[10:22] | Even if it costs all the money in the world, | 就算为你花光世界上所有钱 |
[10:25] | for you, it’s worth it. | 我也心甘情愿 |
[10:28] | Besides, I used miles, reward points, | 再说了 我是用里程数和积分兑的 |
[10:29] | and I got a senior discount. | 还有高级折扣 |
[10:34] | As soon as we get upstairs, I am gonna put on | 我们一上楼 我要穿上 |
[10:37] | one of those fuzzy robes, run a bath, | 一件毛绒绒的睡袍 美美泡个澡 |
[10:39] | and eat $20 chocolates from the minibar. | 吃掉小冰箱里20块钱的巧克力 |
[10:42] | And then we’re gonna have sex? | 然后我们要做爱吗 |
[10:44] | And then we’re gonna have sex. | 然后我们就做爱 |
[10:47] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[10:49] | No! | 不是吧 |
[10:58] | Due to renovations, | 由于翻修原因 |
[10:59] | we are experiencing a power outage. | 出现了电力故障 |
[11:01] | Please stand by. | 请稍候 |
[11:02] | And thank you for your patience. | 谢谢你的耐心 |
[11:04] | Renovations? | 翻修 |
[11:06] | That’s another reason we got a discount. | 打折还有一个原因 |
[11:09] | I knew we should have stayed home. | 我就知道我们该待在家里 |
[11:11] | Okay, babe, look, relax. | 宝贝 放松 |
[11:14] | How can I relax? | 我怎么放松得下来 |
[11:16] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[11:17] | I don’t have service. | 没信号 |
[11:19] | Grover could be calling me. | 葛罗弗可能会打来 |
[11:20] | People could be texting about work, | 可能有人发短信说工作上的事 |
[11:22] | and here I am trapped in a metal cage, | 而我却被困在一个金属牢笼中 |
[11:25] | ten stories up, waiting to plunge to my death. | 十层楼高 等着电梯坠楼 |
[11:28] | First of all, we haven’t left the lobby. | 首先 我们还没离开大厅 |
[11:31] | Second, I’m sure everything is perfectly fine, | 其次 一切肯定很顺利 |
[11:34] | especially Grover. | 尤其是葛罗弗 |
[11:37] | Boy, you gonna sit here all night. | 孩子 你就在这坐一晚上吧 |
[11:38] | I don’t care if you starve. | 你饿死了我都不管 |
[11:42] | Who’s ready for some cobbler? | 谁准备好吃脆皮水果馅饼了 |
[11:45] | Oh, you know I am. | 我准备好了 |
[11:47] | Why do you think I wore my “eatin'” pants today? | 不然我今天为什么要穿”吃货战斗裤” |
[11:50] | I’ll get the ice cream. | 我去拿冰淇淋 |
[11:52] | Hold up. | 稍等 |
[11:52] | Cobbler a la mode? | 馅饼加冰淇淋 |
[11:54] | Okay. I’m just gonna lose this drawstring altogether. | 我得把裤腰带拉出来 |
[12:02] | What do you think you’re doing, little man? | 你要干什么 小家伙 |
[12:04] | Having dessert, big man. | 吃甜点 大家伙 |
[12:09] | No. No. | 不行 |
[12:12] | Under this roof, you don’t get dessert | 在我家 没吃完饭 |
[12:14] | until you finish your dinner. | 不能吃甜点 |
[12:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:17] | Because I said so. | 因为我说了算 |
[12:21] | Welcome to Shawshank. | 欢迎来到肖申克监狱 |
[12:25] | But why is that the rule? | 为什么有这种规矩 |
[12:27] | Oh, you need a deeper explanation of the rules. | 你要深入了解一下这里的规矩 |
[12:32] | All righty, not a problem. | 好 没问题 |
[12:35] | The reason is… | 原因就是 |
[12:37] | because I said so. | 我说了算 |
[12:41] | That’s it. | 没错 |
[12:42] | But that’s not an answer. | 但这不是回答 |
[12:44] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[12:46] | At my house, when I ask questions, | 在我家 当我提出问题 |
[12:48] | my parents give me real answers. | 我爸妈会认真回答 |
[12:52] | Long answers. | 很长的回答 |
[12:55] | Really long answers. | 非常非常长的回答 |
[13:00] | Well, at my house, “because I said so” | 在我家 “我说了算” |
[13:04] | is the longest answer you’re gonna get. | 就是你能得到的最长回答 |
[13:08] | Got it. One more question. | 明白了 还有一个问题 |
[13:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:14] | You see, Grover, | 葛罗弗 |
[13:15] | ever since we were your age, | 我们和你一样大时 |
[13:16] | it’s been my dad’s way or the highway. | 不听话就玩完 |
[13:19] | This one time, I asked him if I could move | 有一次 我问他能不能 |
[13:20] | my 9:00 bedtime to 10:00. | 把睡觉时间从九点改成十点 |
[13:22] | And tell Grover what happened. | 告诉葛罗弗结果怎么样 |
[13:23] | It got pushed up to 8:00. | 结果提前到了八点 |
[13:27] | You know, Pop, instead of being a dictator, | 老爹 与其做个独裁者 |
[13:29] | maybe you should try seeing things from other people’s perspectives. | 也许你该试试从他人的角度看事情 |
[13:32] | Ooh, look. It’s almost 8:00. | 看啊 都快八点了 |
[13:33] | Malcolm, you might want to get ready for bed. | 马尔科姆 你是不是该准备睡觉了 |
[13:38] | Do you see what I mean? | 明白我的意思了吧 |
[13:39] | You know, maybe what this house needs is a little | 也许我们家需要的 |
[13:41] | civil disobedience. | 正是不合作主义 |
[13:43] | Grover, | 葛罗弗 |
[13:44] | you do not have to eat that, | 你不是非得吃 |
[13:45] | and neither do I. | 我也一样 |
[13:47] | In fact, none of us do. | 实际上 我们都不用 |
[13:49] | Am I right, Marty? | 我说得对吗 马蒂 |
[13:52] | – Uh-uh, Man. – Mar– Yes. | -不要 -马…放手 |
[13:56] | Now, I’m sorry, my brother. | 抱歉 兄弟 |
[13:57] | But we didn’t land on this cobbler. | 但这个水果馅饼不是我们选的 |
[13:59] | This cobbler landed on us. | 这个水果馅饼是强加于我们的 |
[14:02] | Well, too bad for all of y’all, | 那对不住你们了 |
[14:04] | because this cobbler about to land in my mouth. | 这个水果馅饼马上就要进入我的嘴里了 |
[14:09] | I’m gonna save us. | 我来自救 |
[14:12] | How? | 怎么救 |
[14:13] | Well, I’m gonna do exactly | 我要像汤姆·克鲁斯一样 |
[14:14] | what Tom Cruise would do in this situation. | 应对这个状况 |
[14:17] | The only problem is, | 唯一的问题是 |
[14:18] | in Mission: Impossible, he had all these cool gadgets. | 在《碟中谍》里 他有各种炫酷道具 |
[14:21] | In Minority Report, he had futuristic technology. | 在《少数派报告》里 他有未来科技 |
[14:24] | All I have is my quick wit and quiet strength. | 我只有机敏和坚韧 |
[14:34] | You act like it’s Tom doing it, but it’s really a stuntman. | 你说得好像是汤姆做的 但其实是特技演员 |
[14:37] | That’s where you’re wrong. Tom does all his own stunts. | 这你就错了 汤姆一直都亲自完成特效 |
[14:39] | That’s what makes him Tom. | 那才是汤姆 |
[14:41] | And I’m gonna get us out of here. | 而我要把我们救出去 |
[14:42] | That’s what makes me Dave. | 这才是戴夫 |
[14:51] | How does he make it look so easy? | 他怎么那么轻松 |
[14:56] | Cobbler. | 水果馅饼 |
[15:00] | It looks like y’all little protest backfired, huh? | 看来你们的小抗议事与愿违了 |
[15:04] | More for me. | 我正好多吃点 |
[15:06] | This night couldn’t get any better. | 今晚简直好到不能再好了 |
[15:07] | Who’s ready for ice cream? | 谁想吃冰激凌 |
[15:09] | Ooh, I stand corrected. | 我认错 |
[15:13] | Don’t be vanilla bean. Don’t be vanilla bean. | 不要是香草口味 不要是香草口味 |
[15:15] | Is it vanilla bean? | 是香草口味吗 |
[15:19] | So you’re saying I can’t get any of this vanilla bean | 你是说我吃不上香草冰激凌 |
[15:21] | because of that vanilla bean? | 是因为那个香草[小白脸] |
[15:25] | Just stay strong, my brother. | 坚持住 兄弟 |
[15:27] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[15:29] | White Gandhi, Nerd Gandhi and Broke Gandhi | 白人甘地 呆子甘地和破产甘地 |
[15:31] | are on a hunger strike. | 发起了绝食抗议 |
[15:34] | – A hunger strike? – Yes. | -绝食抗议 -没错 |
[15:36] | We are tired of Pop’s dictatorship. | 我们受够了老爹的独裁 |
[15:38] | We demand democracy. | 我们要求民主 |
[15:40] | And cobbler. | 还有水果馅饼 |
[15:43] | Hot, bubbly cobbler with-with-with-with cold, | 热乎乎冒着泡的水果馅饼配上 |
[15:46] | creamy ice cream, where-where the cobbler starts | 凉冰冰的丝滑冰激凌 水果馅饼稍微 |
[15:49] | to melt the ice cream ever so slightly. | 融化了冰激凌 |
[15:51] | And-and real specks of vanilla beans | 然后香草碎屑 |
[15:52] | start cascading down the side of a peach, | 开始沿着桃子向下流 |
[15:56] | – while my… – Damn, man, just have a piece. | -我… -行了 你吃吧 |
[15:59] | Okay, and here you go. | 这份给你 |
[16:01] | Wait. No, he doesn’t get cobbler. | 等一下 他不能吃水果馅饼 |
[16:03] | He didn’t even try his catfish. | 他都没有尝鲶鱼 |
[16:05] | Ah, come on, baby. Give the boy some cobbler. | 别这样 宝贝 把水果馅饼给孩子 |
[16:08] | It’s probably the first time he ever tried food with flavor. | 这大概是他第一次尝到有味道的食物 |
[16:13] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[16:15] | The rules are the rules. | 规矩就是规矩 |
[16:16] | And listen, little man, | 听着 小伙子 |
[16:18] | you may not understand this right now, | 你现在可能不明白 |
[16:19] | but I’m trying to help you. | 但我是在帮你 |
[16:21] | This feels like the opposite. | 感觉恰恰相反 |
[16:25] | Look, Grover, you can’t go through life | 葛罗弗 你不能这样度过一生 |
[16:28] | with your mind already made up | 不能事先就决定 |
[16:30] | about things that you like or don’t like. | 你喜欢或不喜欢一样东西 |
[16:33] | – You’re going to miss out on a lot of stuff. – Like what? | -你会错过很多东西的 -比如呢 |
[16:37] | Well, look at Marty. | 看看马蒂 |
[16:39] | He didn’t like working on cars when he was a kid, | 他小时候不喜欢修车 |
[16:41] | but I made him, | 但我强迫他 |
[16:42] | and that’s where he started to enjoy working on machines. | 然后他就开始喜欢机器了 |
[16:46] | And that turned him into a successful engineer. | 现在成了一名成功的工程师 |
[16:49] | Wait a minute, Dad, are you seriously taking credit | 等等 爸 你是说我成为工程师 |
[16:51] | for me becoming an engineer? | 都是你的功劳 |
[16:55] | And-and Malcolm hated books, | 马尔科姆很讨厌书 |
[16:57] | but I made him read to me every day | 但我带他上学时 |
[16:59] | when I took him to school. | 会逼他读给我听 |
[17:00] | We only lived a mile away, so | 我们家离学校就一英里 |
[17:02] | it took us five years to finish Roots. | 我花了五年才把《根》读完 |
[17:06] | But then you started reading Malcolm X | 但你后来开始读麦尔坎·X |
[17:09] | and Maya Angelou, and James Baldwin, | 马娅·安杰卢和詹姆斯·鲍德温的书 |
[17:11] | and look at you, following in their footsteps. | 现在再看看你 追随他们的脚步啊 |
[17:13] | Yeah? How? | 怎么说 |
[17:14] | Organizing sit-ins. | 组织室内静坐抗议 |
[17:17] | I mean, granted, it’s for little white kids, but still. | 虽然是给白人小孩 但也算吧 |
[17:22] | Calvin, please, you’re one to talk. | 卡尔文 你还好意思说 |
[17:23] | You hate trying new things. | 你最讨厌尝试新鲜事物 |
[17:25] | That’s not true. | 才没有 |
[17:26] | You just flipped out the other day | 我那天在你沙拉里 |
[17:28] | when I put raspberry vinaigrette on your salad. | 放了点树莓醋你就不乐意了 |
[17:30] | That’s because dressings are supposed to be creamy, Tina. | 那是因为酱汁得像奶油一样啊 缇娜 |
[17:35] | Ranch, Thousand Island, blue cheese. | 农场汁 千岛酱 蓝干酪 |
[17:37] | If my carrot can’t stand up in it, I don’t want it. | 如果胡萝卜不能立在里面 那我就不要 |
[17:42] | Look, my point is, | 我想说的是 |
[17:45] | you don’t know what you like until you at least give it a try. | 不尝尝怎么知道喜不喜欢呢 |
[17:50] | Okay. I’ll try it. | 好吧 我尝尝 |
[17:56] | What do you think? | 怎么样 |
[17:58] | It’s good. | 好吃 |
[18:00] | It tastes like chicken fingers. | 感觉像鸡柳 |
[18:04] | Now you can have some cobbler. | 现在你可以吃点水果馅饼了 |
[18:07] | Hey, way to stay strong, little man. | 真坚强 小大人 |
[18:09] | You know, you are the only kid to ever get more | 我爸只给你解释过 |
[18:11] | of an explanation than “Because I said so.” | 对其他人都是”我说了算” |
[18:15] | This is cause for celebration. | 这得庆祝一下 |
[18:21] | What you think you’re doing? | 你想干嘛 |
[18:23] | Why can’t I have some? | 我为什么不能吃 |
[18:24] | Because I said so. | 因为我说了算 |
[18:29] | I can’t believe what a disaster tonight is. | 今晚真是太倒霉了 |
[18:32] | Instead of taking your mind off of things, | 我本来想让你放松一下的 |
[18:34] | I just made everything worse. | 结果越弄越糟 |
[18:37] | No, you didn’t. | 才没有呢 |
[18:39] | You did everything right. | 你没错 |
[18:41] | I don’t know why I couldn’t just relax and enjoy it. | 我也不知道我为什么不能放松享受一下 |
[18:44] | Well, you got a lot going on. | 你烦心事太多了 |
[18:46] | Yeah, but I always have a lot going on. | 但我一直这样啊 |
[18:49] | I think this is something more. | 我觉得不止如此 |
[18:51] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:54] | Was it wrong of me to make us move here? | 我让全家搬过来是个错误的选择吗 |
[18:57] | What? | 什么 |
[18:58] | I’m the one who got the job | 是我在这找到了一份工作 |
[18:59] | and made us move to California. | 我们才搬来加州的 |
[19:01] | I made us leave all of our family, | 我们因为我而离开了家人 |
[19:02] | our friends, Grover’s school. | 朋友 葛罗弗的学校 |
[19:04] | I uprooted everything. | 举家迁移 |
[19:07] | Gemma, you didn’t make us do anything. | 杰玛 你没有逼我们做任何事 |
[19:09] | We decided together. | 这是我们一起决定的 |
[19:11] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[19:13] | Well, maybe it was 60-40, but… | 也许是四六开 但 |
[19:18] | I was an enthusiastic 40. | 我这四成也是很积极的 |
[19:21] | Dave, you’re an enthusiastic everything. | 戴夫 你对什么都很积极 |
[19:26] | We’re a team, Gemma. | 我们是个团队 杰玛 |
[19:28] | Like Maverick and Goose? | 就像马弗里克和古斯吗 |
[19:32] | I’ve never loved you more. | 我非常爱你 |
[19:35] | I guess that makes me Goose. | 那我就是古斯了 |
[19:37] | Well, yeah, look at me. You’re definitely Goose. | 看看我 你肯定是古斯啊 |
[19:42] | Gemma, I’d follow you anywhere. | 杰玛 你去哪我都会跟着你 |
[19:44] | All I ever want to be is close to you. | 我只想和你在一起 |
[19:48] | I know, sweetie. | 我知道 亲爱的 |
[19:49] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[19:51] | And I love you. | 我也爱你 |
[19:55] | You know, even though this isn’t exactly what you had in mind, | 尽管这不是你所期待的 |
[20:00] | we are pretty close right now. | 我们现在就在一起啊 |
[20:03] | We are, aren’t we? | 是啊 |
[20:05] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[20:08] | Goose, you big stud, | 古斯 你个混蛋 |
[20:10] | take me to bed or lose me forever. | 不带我上床 咱俩就没戏了 |
[20:26] | Grover. What are you doing out of bed? | 葛罗弗 你怎么不睡觉 |
[20:28] | I couldn’t sleep. Can you read to me? | 我睡不着 你能念给我听吗 |
[20:31] | O-Of course. Let me… | 当然 我 |
[20:34] | Grover, little man. | 葛罗弗 小家伙 |
[20:37] | In this house, we all stay in our own beds. | 在这里 我们只睡自己的床 |
[20:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:41] | Because I said so. | 我说了算 |
[20:43] | You know that doesn’t work on me. | 你知道这对我没用 |
[20:49] | “Once upon a time, there was a little boy | “从前 有一个小男孩 |
[20:52] | who didn’t know when to quit.” | 不知道适可而止” |