时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Oh, baby, look what’s in this box. | 亲爱的 看这箱子里都是什么 |
[00:05] | It’s all of Marty and Malcolm’s old school projects. | 都是马蒂和马尔科姆以前上学时做的手工 |
[00:09] | I remember staying up all night | 我记得通宵 |
[00:11] | helping Malcolm build this volcano. | 帮马尔科姆搭这座火山 |
[00:13] | You know we even got spaghetti sauce to shoot out the top? | 我们都让意大利肉酱从山顶喷出来了 |
[00:16] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[00:18] | And Marty scraped it off the walls with garlic bread. | 马蒂用蒜蓉面包在岩壁上蘸来蘸去 |
[00:22] | Those were some good memories, weren’t they? | 都是美好的回忆 是吧 |
[00:24] | Yeah. Real good memories. | 真是美好的回忆 |
[00:25] | Ah, it’s trash. | 都是垃圾 |
[00:28] | How could you just throw that away? | 你怎么能就这么扔了 |
[00:30] | Those were some special memories of Malcolm. | 那是属于马尔科姆的特殊回忆 |
[00:32] | Why we need memories? | 干吗要回忆 |
[00:34] | The real thing is laying on our couch right now. | 他本人此刻就在咱家沙发上躺着呢 |
[00:39] | Look at this, baby, my old beeper. | 看这个 亲爱的 我的旧传呼机 |
[00:42] | You know, I remember when you used to blow me up | 还记得以前你想深夜来一炮的时候 |
[00:44] | whenever you wanted a little late-night booty call. | 就会给我发信息 |
[00:48] | I never had your beeper number. | 我没有你传呼机号码 |
[00:51] | Well, look at that. You know what? This ain’t even my beeper. | 看了下 这根本不是我的传呼机 |
[00:55] | Trash. Yep. Let’s go. | 垃圾 走人 |
[00:59] | Ooh, ahoy, Captain Calvin! | 你好 卡尔文船长 |
[01:02] | Hey, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[01:03] | Just getting my daily steps in. | 刚走完日常步数 |
[01:05] | Well, you can get in a bunch more if you just keep walking. | 你要是接着走能攒更多 |
[01:09] | You know, I am actually a few steps short. | 我确实还差几步 |
[01:13] | Good. | 好 |
[01:16] | Uh, Dave, Dave, Dave, stop that. | 戴夫 戴夫 停下 |
[01:18] | You’re making me dizzy. Stop circling me. | 我被你搞得头晕 别绕着我转了 |
[01:19] | Yeah, no problem. I’ll go the other way. | 没问题 我换个方向 |
[01:25] | You throwing all this stuff out? | 你要把这些都扔了 |
[01:27] | Yeah, it’s just a bunch of trash. | 都是垃圾 |
[01:29] | Well, maybe to you, but not to everyone. | 对你而言是垃圾 对别人未必 |
[01:31] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[01:32] | You should have a yard sale. | 你该举办一次庭院甩卖 |
[01:34] | A yard sale? | 庭院甩卖 |
[01:35] | In this neighborhood? I don’t think so. | 在这里吗 我觉得没戏 |
[01:38] | Why, what’s wrong with our neighborhood? | 为什么 这里怎么了 |
[01:39] | Oh, nothing. Nothing. There’s a lot of good people here. | 没事 这里住着大把好人 |
[01:42] | You know, hardworking, God-fearing, | 就是那种工作努力 敬畏上帝的 |
[01:44] | and I wouldn’t trust a single one of them. | 我一个人都不相信 |
[01:47] | And I don’t want to waste my time | 我也不愿意把时间浪费在 |
[01:49] | with a bunch of people trying to hustle me | 一帮想占我便宜的人身上 |
[01:51] | so I can make a few bucks. | 就为了赚几块钱 |
[01:52] | Hustle you? Oh, come on, Calvin, that’s crazy. | 占你便宜 拜托 卡尔文 太离谱了 |
[01:55] | You want to hear some crazy? Okay. | 你想听些离谱的 好吧 |
[01:57] | You see that house down there? | 你看到那边的屋子没 |
[01:58] | They claimed Malcolm and Marty on their taxes | 他们说马蒂和马尔科姆得给他们缴税 |
[02:01] | six years straight. | 整整六年了 |
[02:04] | And see those wires hanging from there? | 看到那挂着的线了吧 |
[02:06] | That guy is stealing the other family’s cable. | 那家伙一直在蹭隔壁的网 |
[02:09] | But they’re running an illegal day care, | 但是那家人非法办日托班 |
[02:12] | so they can’t say nothing about it. | 所以他们也无话可说 |
[02:15] | Oh, man, I thought that was a beauty salon. | 我还以为那是一家美容院 |
[02:17] | Oh, yeah, they do that, too. | 他们也做那个 |
[02:20] | Look, man, everybody around here’s just trying to get by. | 这里的人都只想着怎么混日子 |
[02:23] | I just don’t want them getting by on me. | 我可不想让他们混到我身上来了 |
[02:26] | Well, I guess that’s how you and I are different, Calvin. | 这就是你我的不同之处了 卡尔文 |
[02:28] | I choose to believe that the world isn’t out to get me. | 我相信世界不是为了算计我而存在 |
[02:30] | Okay. You come see me | 行 等你发现 |
[02:32] | once you find out Grover cosigned for a motorcycle. | 葛罗弗为摩托车贷款担保时再找我说吧 |
[02:37] | Yard sale. | 庭院甩卖 |
[02:38] | All right, man. | 兄弟 跟你说 |
[02:41] | Last yard sale I had, I cleared a cool grand. | 上次我办的甩卖整整赚了一千 |
[02:44] | Hold on, hold up. | 等一下 |
[02:47] | You made 1,000 bucks? | 你赚了一千 |
[02:49] | Oh, yeah. That’s right. | 没错 |
[02:50] | Well, ahoy, Dave. | 我天 戴夫 |
[02:53] | ‘Cause I know my crap’s got to be worth more than your crap. | 我知道我的垃圾肯定比你的值钱多了 |
[02:57] | I’m having me a yard sale. | 我要举办一场庭院甩卖 |
[02:58] | Well, you know, I’m happy to help out. | 我愿意帮忙 |
[03:00] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:01] | And in return, I’m gonna do you a solid. | 作为回报 我也帮你一个小忙 |
[03:04] | You see that extension cord running from your attic window? | 看到从你家阁楼窗户伸出来的那根线了吗 |
[03:06] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[03:07] | You’re supplying the power to the day care. | 日托班用的电都是你家出的 |
[03:19] | Ooh, this is gonna be great. | 一定会很棒的 |
[03:21] | I can’t wait to meet more of our neighbors. | 等不及要见其他邻居了 |
[03:23] | Me, neither. Especially the ones | 我也是 尤其是那几个 |
[03:25] | named Benjamin, Washington and Jackson. | 叫本杰明 华盛顿和杰克逊的 |
[03:29] | All right, Pop. | 好了 老爹 |
[03:30] | Here you go. Good luck with your yard sale, bro. | 都放这了 祝你庭院甩卖成功 |
[03:32] | Hold on, whoa. Where are you going? | 等下 你去哪 |
[03:34] | I was going to the library. | 我准备去图书馆 |
[03:36] | Oh, no. No, you and Marty are in charge of security. | 不行 你和马蒂负责安保 |
[03:39] | What? | 什么 |
[03:41] | Well, what’s it pay? | 报酬呢 |
[03:42] | Room and board. | 包食宿 |
[03:46] | Fine, I’ll start today. | 那就开始吧 |
[03:47] | – Do I get a weapon? – Sure. Yeah. | -我有武器吗 -当然有 |
[03:50] | Here’s a whistle and a wooden spoon. | 给你哨子和木头勺子 |
[03:53] | Don’t be afraid to use them. | 不要手下留情 |
[03:54] | Oh, great, Pop. If a bowl of soup | 太棒了 老爹 要是有碗汤 |
[03:56] | tries to steal something, I’m ready. | 要偷东西的话 我准备好了 |
[04:00] | Hey, you guys. We picked you up some coffee | 小伙子们 我们给你们带了咖啡 |
[04:03] | and a dozen doughnuts. | 和一打甜甜圈 |
[04:06] | 9 3/4 doughnuts. | 九又四分之三个甜甜圈 |
[04:09] | See, I told you he was too quiet | 我就说他在车后排 |
[04:10] | – in the back of the car. – True. | -安静得不正常 -的确 |
[04:12] | But way to use your fractions. | 但是分数用的不错 |
[04:15] | Hey, hey, look what I found. | 快看我找到了什么 |
[04:17] | A box full of kitchen gadgets | 一箱厨房工具 |
[04:18] | from all those late-night infomercials. | 都是深夜电视购物上买的 |
[04:20] | I remember that stuff. | 我还记得那些东西 |
[04:22] | Whenever that commercial said “act now,” | 每次广告说”立即行动” |
[04:24] | your mama did. | 你妈妈就买了 |
[04:26] | I had to. Supplies were limited. | 不买就没有了 都是限量的 |
[04:29] | – Marty, put all that stuff on the dollar table. – All right. | -马蒂 把那些放到一美元桌上 -好的 |
[04:32] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不行 不行 不行 |
[04:34] | You’re not selling my infomercial stuff. | 我在电视购物上买的东西不能卖 |
[04:36] | Put that box back where you found it. | 你在哪里找的就放到哪里去 |
[04:37] | – Okay. – Come on, Tina. | -好的 -算了吧 缇娜 |
[04:39] | You’ve never used any of this junk. | 你从来都不会用这些破烂 |
[04:40] | It’s not junk. | 不是破烂 |
[04:42] | And I haven’t used any of it yet. | 我只是还没用过 |
[04:43] | Marty. | 马蒂 |
[04:45] | – Okay. – Marty. | -好的 -马蒂 |
[04:47] | Marty. | 马蒂 |
[04:49] | Martin Lawrence Butler. | 马蒂·劳伦斯·巴特勒 |
[04:53] | It’s not about you, it’s about them. | 这和你没关系 是他们的问题 |
[04:54] | It’s not about you, it’s about them. | 这和你没关系 是他们的问题 |
[04:55] | Boy, give me this box! | 把箱子给我 |
[04:57] | There’s some good stuff in here. | 这里面好东西不少啊 |
[04:59] | Like-like-like this thingy. | 比如这个东西 |
[05:01] | Oh, my God, is that a Choppy Chopper? | 天呐 这是万能切碎机吗 |
[05:03] | I’ve always wanted to try one of these. | 我一直都想试这个 |
[05:05] | Finally someone who appreciates my infomercial instincts. | 终于有人赏识我对电视购物的直觉了 |
[05:08] | You never even tried it yourself. | 你自己从来都没试过 |
[05:10] | Well, that all changes today. Let’s go to my house | 今天就试 去我家 |
[05:12] | and choppity-chop something. | 切点什么吧 |
[05:14] | Okay, Gemma. Let’s go. | 好的 杰玛 我们走吧 |
[05:17] | Don’t wait up. | 不用等我们 |
[05:22] | Well, enjoy that toaster, my man. | 好好享受你的烤面包机 伙计 |
[05:26] | Looks like somebody got some new teeth. | 有人好像装新牙齿了 |
[05:31] | Hey, Shanice. | 你好 沙妮丝 |
[05:32] | You know what, this will make a great baby bassinet. | 这个当婴儿摇篮很不错 |
[05:36] | You add a few bungee cords, you got you a car seat. | 再加几根蹦极绳 就可以当车座了 |
[05:40] | Throw some sandwiches in there, | 里面放上三明治 |
[05:41] | you going to a picnic. Hmm Look. | 就可以去野餐了 看看吧 |
[05:45] | Calvin, this is the best yard sale | 卡尔文 你这场庭院甩卖 |
[05:47] | I have ever been to. | 是我见过最棒的 |
[05:49] | I’ve met so many fantastic people. | 我见到好多厉害的人 |
[05:51] | Did you know that Anita was in the Peace Corps? | 你知不知道安妮塔原来是维和部队的 |
[05:54] | Or that Mr. Dorsett just retired from teaching after 50 years? | 多塞特教了五十年的书刚退休 |
[05:58] | A-And Germaine | 还有杰曼 |
[06:00] | with the face tattoo? He says if anybody asks, | 就是脸上有纹身的那个 他说要是有人问起 |
[06:02] | that he has been here all day. | 就说他整天都在这里 |
[06:09] | You know, I’ve actually been having a pretty good time, myself. | 我也觉得在这里很愉快 |
[06:12] | I sold everything on table two, | 我把二号桌上的东西卖完了 |
[06:15] | and then I sold table two. | 然后把二号桌子也卖了 |
[06:17] | Oh, man! Well, what’s your secret? | 漂亮 你有什么诀窍 |
[06:19] | Watch and learn. | 看我的 学着点 |
[06:21] | Hey, you know, just so you know, | 我跟你说 |
[06:24] | this grill used to belong to Tupac. | 这个烧烤架原来是图帕克的[黑人说唱歌手] |
[06:27] | Yeah, he made a hell of a rib eye. | 他的肋眼牛排做的真是棒啊 |
[06:31] | You know, one time he had a barbecue, | 有一回他烧烤的时候 |
[06:32] | and he didn’t invite Biggie, and… | 没有邀请声名狼藉先生[同为说唱歌手] |
[06:34] | Well, you know the rest. | 后面的事情你也知道了 |
[06:44] | Calvin, what’re you doing? | 卡尔文 你在做什么 |
[06:46] | You just lied to that guy for money. | 你刚才是在骗那个人掏钱啊 |
[06:48] | Well, yeah. I mean, I wouldn’t lie to him for no reason. | 是啊 我会无缘无故撒谎么 |
[06:52] | That would be messed up. | 那就乱套了 |
[06:56] | Uh, hey, Marty. | 马蒂 |
[06:58] | What is with the sunglasses, bro? | 你为什么要戴墨镜啊 兄弟 |
[07:01] | It’s a little security trick I picked up | 这是我学到的安保小技巧 |
[07:02] | so nobody can see where I’m looking. | 没人知道我在看哪里 |
[07:04] | Right now I got my eye on that guy over there | 我现在看的那个家伙 |
[07:05] | licking the nine-volt batteries. | 正在那边舔九伏的电池 |
[07:11] | You know, that’s nothing. | 没关系的 |
[07:12] | A minute ago he was licking the sewing machine. | 一分钟前他还在舔缝纫机 |
[07:15] | Yeah, I better go shut that down. | 我最好去阻止他 |
[07:17] | Hey, man! Store policy: you lick it, you buy it. | 伙计 店铺规定 舔了就得买 |
[07:22] | How you doing, Miss Simpson? | 你还好吗 辛普森女士 |
[07:24] | Well, I’m still above ground, ait I? | 我还没入土 是吧 |
[07:27] | Listen, how much y’all want for this porcelain angel? | 这个陶瓷天使多少钱 |
[07:31] | Well, you know, there’s a very special story about this angel. | 这个天使背后有个很特别的故事 |
[07:34] | – When… – Cut the crap. | -当 -少废话 |
[07:38] | I’ll give you three dollars for it. | 我出三块钱 |
[07:40] | How about four dollars? | 四块钱怎么样 |
[07:41] | How about two dollars? | 两块钱怎么样 |
[07:43] | Okay. Fine, two dollars. | 好吧 两块 |
[07:45] | Okay. Here’s a dollar. | 好 一块钱给你 |
[07:51] | You know this is a Canadian dollar. | 你知道这是加拿大元吧 |
[07:57] | Oh, this is awesome. | 这个太棒了 |
[07:58] | This is so much fun. What else can we choppity-chop? | 太好玩了 我们还能切点什么 |
[08:01] | Okay, we’ve done the fruits, we’ve done the vegetables. | 我们切了水果 切了蔬菜 |
[08:03] | Oh, wait, what’s this? | 等下 这是什么 |
[08:04] | I chopped your kitchen sponge. | 我把厨房海绵给切了 |
[08:09] | I get it. Once you start, you can’t stoppity-stop. | 我明白 一旦开始 就很难收手了 |
[08:12] | Let’s try another gadget. | 再试试别的小玩意 |
[08:13] | What’s next? | 下一个是什么 |
[08:14] | Depends upon what you’re in the mood for. | 这得看你的心情了 |
[08:15] | Okay, we’ve got our hard-boiled egg sheller. | 这里有煮鸡蛋剥壳器 |
[08:19] | Or we have a bear claw meat shredder. | 还有熊爪碎肉器 |
[08:23] | And we have this thing that makes | 还有这个 可以做出 |
[08:25] | pancakes in the shapes of presidents. | 总统造型的煎饼 |
[08:30] | Oh, it only goes up to Reagan. | 只有里根以前的 |
[08:33] | Well, it was the ’80s. | 毕竟是80年代买的 |
[08:34] | You just throw a little maple syrup on it, | 浇点枫糖浆 |
[08:36] | and boom! We got Obama. | 奥巴马就做出来了 |
[08:40] | Cal! Calvin! | 老卡 卡尔文 |
[08:41] | – You are not gonna believe this. – What? | -你不会相信的 -怎么了 |
[08:44] | I thought that one of your statuettes looked familiar, | 我觉得你有一个小雕像看着很眼熟 |
[08:46] | so I went inside to go look it up | 于是我回家查了一下 |
[08:48] | in my guide to antique dolls and figurines. | 我的古董娃娃和小雕像手册 |
[08:54] | Gemma’s guide to antique dolls and figurines. | 杰玛的古董娃娃和小雕像手册 |
[08:57] | Look, the point is | 重点是 |
[08:58] | it is a genuine Montolfo | 这是真的蒙托佛作品 |
[09:01] | worth $1,500. | 值一千五百块 |
[09:03] | $1,500? Well, all right! | 一千五百块 是吗 |
[09:07] | Which one is it? | 哪一个 |
[09:08] | Here you go, look. Right there. It’s the porcelain angel. | 你看 就在这 这个陶瓷天使 |
[09:12] | The porcelain angel? | 陶瓷天使 |
[09:17] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[09:18] | Your crap is way better than mine. | 你的破烂比我的好多了 |
[09:28] | You sold a $1,500 Montolfo angel | 你把价值一千五百块的蒙托佛天使 |
[09:33] | for one dollar? | 一块钱卖给别人了 |
[09:35] | A Canadian dollar. | 一加元 |
[09:38] | You see, Dave, this is exactly why | 看见没 戴夫 这就是为什么 |
[09:40] | I didn’t want to do a yard sale. | 我不愿搞庭院甩卖的原因 |
[09:41] | I didn’t want to be hustled. | 我不想被占便宜 |
[09:42] | She didn’t hustle you. She made an honest mistake. | 她没有占你便宜 只是无心之过 |
[09:45] | And I’m sure if we go talk to Miss Simpson, | 我敢肯定如果我们去找辛普森女士聊一聊 |
[09:47] | she’ll give the angel back to you. | 她会把那个天使还给你的 |
[09:49] | If you believe that she’s gonna give me something back | 你真的相信她会把一个价值一千五百块的东西 |
[09:52] | worth $1,500, | 还给我 |
[09:54] | then I’ve got Snoop Dogg’s humidifier to sell you. | 我就把史努比·狗狗的加湿器卖给你 |
[09:58] | Okay, well, you’re never gonna get it if you don’t try. | 不试怎么知道要不回来 |
[10:01] | Fine. Come on, man. | 好吧 走吧 |
[10:04] | Hey, boys, look, | 儿子 |
[10:06] | Dave and I are leaving, so I’m promoting you | 戴夫和我走开一下 你们从保安 |
[10:08] | from security to sales. | 晋升为销售 |
[10:10] | You get to keep half of whatever you sell. | 卖东西得的钱一半归你们 |
[10:12] | Wait, wait, wait, Pop. But all the good stuff is gone, man. | 等等 老爹 可所有的好东西都卖完了 |
[10:15] | I know. That’s why you’re getting half. | 我知道 所以你们可以拿一半 |
[10:20] | Malcolm! | 马尔科姆 |
[10:20] | Congratulations, brother. | 恭喜你 兄弟 |
[10:22] | Yeah, for what? | 恭喜我什么 |
[10:23] | Well, this is your first promotion. | 这是你第一次升职 |
[10:26] | That’s very funny. | 真好笑 |
[10:28] | You know, we should just throw all this crap away, man. | 我们应该把这些破烂直接扔了 |
[10:30] | Nobody gonna buy any of it. | 没人想买这些东西 |
[10:31] | Here’s six dollars. I just sold a broken cell phone. | 六块钱给你 我刚卖了一副坏了的手机 |
[10:35] | What? Wait, hey. | 什么 等等 |
[10:36] | How’d you do that? | 你怎么办到的 |
[10:38] | I was just pretending to talk to Batman on it. | 我假装戴着它和蝙蝠侠说话 |
[10:41] | Some lady said I was cute and bought it. | 有个女士说我很可爱就买了 |
[10:44] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Just because you were cute? | 等等 等等 就因为你可爱 |
[10:46] | I get that a lot. | 经常有人这么说我 |
[10:50] | I can’t believe it. All of these TV gadgets | 不敢相信 这些电视购物上买回来的小玩意 |
[10:52] | – actually worked the way they were supposed to. – I know. | -真的像电视上说的那样有用 -可不是吗 |
[10:55] | And Calvin was giving me a hard time. | 卡尔文还给我脸色看 |
[10:57] | These things were worth every easy payment of $19.99. | 这些东西配得上每笔十九块九毛九的分期付款 |
[11:02] | But wait, there’s more! | 不过等下 还有 |
[11:04] | These kitchen knives can filet a salmon, | 这些厨房刀具能切三文鱼片 |
[11:07] | slice a soda can and even cut through handcuffs. | 能切易拉罐 甚至能切断手铐 |
[11:11] | I wish I had known that on Valentine’s Day | 要是情人节那天卡尔文把钥匙弄丢时 |
[11:13] | when Calvin lost the key. | 早知道能用这个就好了 |
[11:17] | Wait a minute. Do you smell smoke? | 等下 你闻到烟味了吗 |
[11:19] | Are the pancakes burning? | 是煎饼糊了吗 |
[11:20] | Maybe we forgot to flip Nixon. | 或许我们忘了把尼克松翻面了 |
[11:24] | No, no, no. Tricky Dick is looking good. | 不 不 不 狡猾老头看上去很好 |
[11:30] | It’s my super slick, non-stick panini press! | 这是我的超好用不粘帕尼尼锅 |
[11:32] | Oh, oh, okay. Wait. Wait. Don’t wet it. | 等下 别喷灭火器 |
[11:34] | Don’t wet it too much! | 别喷太多 |
[11:36] | Get out of the way. | 让开 |
[11:38] | Hit it. Hit it. | 喷它 喷它 |
[11:45] | Thanks again for letting us try these at your house. | 再次感谢你让我在你家试用 |
[11:50] | What am I gonna do with a 30-year-old fax machine? | 我要一台三十年历史的传真机做什么 |
[11:54] | And is that beef jerky jammed in it? | 这里面卡的是牛肉干吗 |
[11:58] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[12:00] | Well, I-I was six years old | 那时我六岁 |
[12:01] | and I tried to fax it to my brother at camp. | 想把这个传真给参加童军营的哥哥 |
[12:05] | Uh, you know, hey, I’m sorry, little guy. | 抱歉 小家伙 |
[12:08] | Looks like you’re gonna have to wait just a little while longer | 看来你还要再等一阵子 |
[12:10] | to get those, um, eyeglasses. | 才能买眼镜了 |
[12:13] | Yeah, man, the headaches should go away soon. | 是啊 头疼应该很快就会缓解 |
[12:17] | It’s okay. I understand. | 没关系 我理解 |
[12:21] | – Oh, no. – Oh. No. No. | -不 -不 不 |
[12:25] | Excuse me, sir. | 不好意思 先生 |
[12:29] | Here’s a ten. | 给你十块 |
[12:30] | Get that boy some glasses. | 赶紧给那孩子买眼镜 |
[12:32] | – Yes, ma’am. – Bless you. | -好的 女士 -祝福你 |
[12:33] | – Bless you. – God bless you. | -祝福你 -祝福你 |
[12:36] | – How was that? – That was perfect. Give me some. | -怎么样 -太完美了 击个掌 |
[12:39] | Yes. Now, how do we unload this one Rollerblade? | 现在我们怎么把这个单只旱冰鞋脱手 |
[12:43] | Can you cry on cue? | 你能随时哭出来吗 |
[12:46] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[12:50] | I think we gonna get paid. | 我觉得我们要发财了 |
[12:54] | I have to tell you, Miss Simpson, | 我还没跟你说 辛普森女士 |
[12:55] | you have a lovely home. | 你家很漂亮 |
[12:57] | Love the plastic on the couch. | 我喜欢沙发上的塑料罩 |
[13:01] | No crumbs in your cracks. | 缝隙里肯定不会有碎屑 |
[13:05] | You have to forgive him. | 你得原谅他 |
[13:06] | This is only the second black home he’s been in. | 这是他第二次进黑人家 |
[13:11] | The first one didn’t want him either. | 第一家也不想要他 |
[13:14] | So, actually, we’re here because Calvin has | 其实 我们来这里是因为卡尔文 |
[13:16] | something to tell you about the angel that you bought from him. | 有话想说 是关于你从他手上买的天使 |
[13:18] | Isn’t that right, Calvin? | 是不是 卡尔文 |
[13:20] | Well, spit it out. | 那快说吧 |
[13:21] | Unless you got something else to say about my cracks. | 除非你也想对我的缝隙发表评论 |
[13:32] | Now, I’m gonna be straight with you. | 我就开门见山地说了 |
[13:34] | When I first sold you that angel figurine, | 我把天使像卖给你的时候 |
[13:37] | I didn’t realize how valuable it is… | 我没有意识到它 |
[13:41] | to… our family, and no one else. | 对我家人的价值 对别人毫无价值 |
[13:46] | Really, Calvin? | 不是吧 卡尔文 |
[13:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:48] | It-it was given to my grandfather | 它是一个坏脾气的白人老太太 |
[13:51] | by a cranky old white lady | 送给我爷爷的 |
[13:52] | he used to drive around down south. | 以前他在南方为她开车 |
[13:55] | Now, she was a real piece of work. | 她可真是个极品 |
[13:58] | She was… | 真是极品… |
[14:00] | but they grew to respect each other in the end. | 但最终他们学会了互相尊重 |
[14:04] | That sounds just like that movie Driving Miss Daisy. | 听起来就像电影《为黛西小姐开车》 |
[14:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:10] | I never seen it. | 我从来没看过 |
[14:13] | At any rate, I’m, uh… | 总而言之 我 |
[14:15] | I’m willing to buy the angel back… | 我想把天使买回来 |
[14:18] | for $20. | 给你20块 |
[14:20] | $20? Good. I’ll get it for you. | 20块 好 我去给你拿 |
[14:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:26] | Good. | 很好 |
[14:28] | I cannot believe that you lied to her. | 你居然对她撒谎 |
[14:30] | I know. I’ve seen that movie, like, three times. | 是啊 那部电影我看了三遍 |
[14:35] | Okay, so Dad gets half. | 爸拿一半 |
[14:38] | Which means we get to split the rest. | 也就是说剩下的我们分 |
[14:42] | This is not a bad Saturday. | 这周六收成不错 |
[14:45] | I mean, I can almost pay Mom and Dad some rent. | 我几乎能给爸妈付点房租了 |
[14:48] | I’m not. | 我不会付的 |
[14:50] | But I could. | 但是我付得起 |
[14:51] | And, Grover, here is a whole ten dollars. | 葛罗弗 这是整整十块钱 |
[14:55] | Yeah, hey, little man, | 小伙子 |
[14:56] | we could not have done this without you. | 没有你我们是办不成的 |
[14:59] | I know, which is why I want more. | 我知道 所以我要更多钱 |
[15:02] | Uh, more? | 更多 |
[15:04] | Yeah, like, how much more? | 你是说多少 |
[15:05] | Uh, 50 sounds good. | 五十块感觉差不多 |
[15:07] | – What? – Are you out of your rabbit-ass mind?! | -什么 -你疯了吗 |
[15:10] | I sold everything you told me to. | 你们让我卖的东西我全卖出去了 |
[15:12] | I even let those old ladies mess my hair and pinch my cheeks. | 我甚至让那些老太太揉我的头发捏我的脸 |
[15:16] | And you think that’s worth $50? | 你觉得这能值五十块 |
[15:18] | I pretended to be blind for you. | 我为你们装成了瞎子 |
[15:23] | Malcolm, pay the boy. | 马尔科姆 付钱给他 |
[15:26] | Nice try. | 想得美 |
[15:28] | This one’s Canadian. | 这张是加元 |
[15:32] | Well, that was one hell of a mess. | 真是一团糟 |
[15:34] | Oh, you should have tried cleaning it up | 你应该试试 |
[15:35] | with the super-absorbent Sponge-O-Matic. | 用超吸水全自动海绵清理 |
[15:38] | I did, but after one minute it started to burn. | 我试了 但是一分钟后就开始烧手了 |
[15:40] | I think my thumbprints are gone. | 我觉得我的指纹被烧没了 |
[15:44] | You know, I hate to say it, but Calvin was right. | 我讨厌这么说 但卡尔文说得对 |
[15:46] | I don’t know why I was so determined | 我不知道我为什么要坚持 |
[15:48] | to hold on to all that junk. | 把那堆垃圾留下来 |
[15:50] | Don’t beat yourself up about it. | 别太自责了 |
[15:51] | You’re not the only one who holds on to stuff. | 不是只有你屯东西 |
[15:54] | Damn, that’s one ugly-ass baby. | 老天 这孩子可真丑 |
[15:58] | Hey, that’s Grover. | 这是葛罗弗 |
[16:03] | I paid an artist on Etsy to capture him on a plate. | 我在易集网雇了一个艺术家把他画在盘子上 |
[16:06] | You actually spent money on a Grover plate? | 你花钱买了一个葛罗弗盘子 |
[16:08] | No. I spent money on a complete set of Grover plates. | 不是 我花钱买了一整套葛罗弗盘子 |
[16:14] | Gemma, these are bad. | 杰玛 这些真难看 |
[16:17] | – I mean, these are really bad. – Yeah, I know. | -真的太难看了 -我知道 |
[16:21] | Well, you know what it’s like when you’re a new mom. | 但你也知道初为人母是什么样子 |
[16:23] | You’re sleep-deprived. | 极度缺乏睡眠 |
[16:24] | I would just order stuff on Etsy and eBay. | 我就在易集和易趣上买东西 |
[16:26] | Yeah, I bought all that stuff off those infomercials | 我一般就是大晚上给孩子喂食时 |
[16:29] | doing my late-night feedings with my boys. | 在电视广告上买 |
[16:31] | Oh, man, those first few months were so brutal. | 头几个月真是太惨了 |
[16:34] | I was exhausted all the time. | 我整天都精疲力尽 |
[16:36] | Constantly changing diapers. | 不停地换尿布 |
[16:37] | Covered in spit-up. | 满身都是孩子的口水 |
[16:39] | It never stopped. | 就没停过 |
[16:40] | I am so glad that’s all behind me. | 还好都过去了 |
[16:42] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[16:45] | – But, God, I miss it. – Me, too. | -但我好怀念啊 -我也是 |
[16:48] | He may have looked like this, but he smelled like heaven. | 他虽然长得像这样 但太好闻了 |
[16:52] | And I miss Marty and Malcolm’s little toes. | 我好想念马蒂和马尔科姆的小脚趾 |
[16:55] | Now they just have big, smelly man feet. | 现在他们的脚又大又臭 |
[17:00] | You know, maybe I kept all that kitchen crap | 也许我收着厨房里的垃圾 |
[17:02] | because it connects me to when the boys were little. | 是因为这能让我想起他们小时候 |
[17:05] | Maybe that’s why I can’t bring myself to get rid of | 也许这就是我一直摆脱不了 |
[17:07] | these ceramic nightmares. | 这些陶瓷梦魇的原因 |
[17:10] | What’s up, ladies? | 女士们好啊 |
[17:13] | Anyone wanna see me make it rain? | 有人想看我下钱雨吗 |
[17:17] | Grover! | 葛罗弗 |
[17:19] | – What…? – Oh, no. | -什么 -不是吧 |
[17:23] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[17:23] | You might want to have another one | 你要不再生一个 |
[17:25] | just in case that one goes bad. | 以防这个误入歧途 |
[17:31] | I see you looking at me, Dave. | 我能看到你在看着我 戴夫 |
[17:34] | And it’s not gonna work. | 但这没用 |
[17:35] | I’ve already forgiven me. | 我已经原谅了自己 |
[17:41] | You know what, Calvin, you were right. | 卡尔文 你说得对 |
[17:43] | This neighborhood is full of scammers and slicksters. | 这一带到处都是骗子 |
[17:46] | And I’m looking at the biggest one right now. | 我眼前的就是最大的骗子 |
[17:50] | I’m sorry, did you say something? | 抱歉 你说话了吗 |
[17:53] | I was already spending my angel money in my head. | 我已经盘算好怎么花那个天使赚的钱了 |
[17:58] | Well, you know, since I’m a part of this neighborhood now, | 既然我也住这了 |
[18:01] | I’m gonna get in on the action. | 我就要开始行动了 |
[18:07] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[18:08] | I’m stealing from her, like I learned from you. | 我偷她东西 跟你学的啊 |
[18:13] | Come on, man, put it back. | 伙计 放回去 |
[18:15] | No. You know what, as a matter of fact, | 不 要不这样 |
[18:17] | I’m taking this remote control, too. | 这遥控器我也要了 |
[18:19] | Have fun standing up to change your channels, old lady. | 让老太太自己起身换频道吧 |
[18:23] | Look, stop playing, man. | 别闹了 伙计 |
[18:25] | Old ladies keep guns. | 老太太有枪 |
[18:27] | Give it here. | 给我 |
[18:30] | What the hell are y’all doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[18:34] | Oh, nothing. | 没什么 |
[18:35] | What’s that in your pocket? | 你口袋里有什么 |
[18:39] | Nothing. | 没有什么 |
[18:41] | Are you trying to steal from me? | 你在偷我东西吗 |
[18:43] | That’s it, I’m calling my grandson Jay-Bo. | 够了 我要给我孙子杰波打个电话 |
[18:48] | He’s only got one strike. | 他只有一次暴力犯罪记录 |
[18:48] | 美国”三振出局法” 三次及以上 暴力犯罪者判处25年以上至终身监禁 | |
[18:53] | Please, please don’t do that. | 拜托 拜托 别这样 |
[18:54] | Look, he was only trying to get me to do the right thing | 他只是想让我悔改 |
[18:58] | and tell you that that angel… | 告诉你那个天使 |
[19:02] | was a valuable antique worth $1,500. | 是一件价值一千五百块的贵重古董 |
[19:05] | Yes, and he has seen Driving Miss Daisy. | 是的 而且他看过《为黛西小姐开车》 |
[19:10] | $1,500? | 一千五百块 |
[19:13] | Yeah. Look, sorry for not being up front with you, | 是的 很抱歉我没跟你说实话 |
[19:17] | but… seeing that I have now, | 但现在我说了 |
[19:20] | because I’m a good person, | 因为我是个好人 |
[19:24] | what do you say we split it? | 要不我们平分吧 |
[19:26] | Well, $750 is a lot of money. | 七百五十块是一大笔钱了 |
[19:29] | It sure is. | 确实 |
[19:31] | Now, would you see that. | 看到了吧 |
[19:33] | When you give people the chance… | 当你给人机会 |
[19:34] | But $1,500 is a lot more. | 但一千五百块要多很多 |
[19:40] | Now, y’all get up out of here. | 好了 你们滚吧 |
[19:41] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[19:42] | You heard me, beat it. | 你们听到了 快滚蛋 |
[19:44] | But, Miss Simpson, he just told you the truth. | 但是辛普森女士 他都跟你说实话了 |
[19:46] | I know, and that’s why I’m giving you | 我知道 所以在我拿手枪前 |
[19:48] | a five-second head start before I get my pistol. | 给你们五秒的时间 |
[19:53] | Okay, hold– But, Miss Simpson, | 等等 但是 辛普森女士 |
[19:55] | – I think… – Four, three… | -我觉得 -四 三 |
[19:57] | Okay, Dave, let’s go. Go, go, go, go, go! | 戴夫 快走 走走走 |
[20:08] | I feel like a fool. | 我感觉自己像个傻瓜 |
[20:09] | I’m listening. | 继续 |
[20:12] | I honestly thought if we told her the truth, | 我真的以为如果我们告诉她真相 |
[20:14] | that she would do the right thing. | 她也会做出正确的选择 |
[20:16] | Well, actually, she did do the right thing. | 其实她做了啊 |
[20:19] | I mean, in this neighborhood, | 在这一带 |
[20:20] | a five-second head start is very generous. | 让你提前五秒跑已经很慷慨了 |
[20:25] | Well, you know, maybe she really needed the money. | 也许她真的很需要钱 |
[20:27] | For medicine, food, rent. | 药啊 吃的啊 租金啊 |
[20:30] | Keep dreaming, Dave. | 继续做梦吧 戴夫 |
[20:31] | Because come Sunday, | 到了周末 |
[20:32] | she is on a church bus to Vegas. | 她肯定就在去维加斯的教堂巴士上了 |
[20:36] | Well, you know, in that case, I don’t feel so bad. | 如果是这样 那我就不内疚了 |
[20:40] | About what? | 什么 |
[20:43] | I still got her clock. | 我还拿了她的钟 |
[20:46] | Well, give it here, | 给我 |
[20:48] | because I paid $1,500 for this thing. | 我花了一千五百块买这东西呢 |
[20:51] | Yo, man! | 伙计 |
[20:52] | You got my grandma’s clock! | 你们拿了我奶奶的钟 |
[20:55] | Jay-Bo? | 杰波 |