时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey, Calvin. | 卡尔文 |
[00:07] | Any news about Malcolm’s job interview? | 马尔科姆的工作面试有消息了吗 |
[00:08] | Eh, not yet. Haven’t heard anything. | 还没 没消息 |
[00:11] | Oh, my God, it is killing me. | 天啊 太折磨人了 |
[00:12] | I couldn’t sleep a wink last night. | 我昨晚都没合眼 |
[00:14] | I know. I got your texts at 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 A.M. | 知道 凌晨两点三点和四点都收到你信息了 |
[00:20] | Look, I’m trying not to worry about it too much. | 我尽量让自己别太忧心 |
[00:22] | Oh, yeah, totally. | 当然 |
[00:25] | What was I thinking? | 我想什么呢 |
[00:26] | But it has got to be killing you. | 但你肯定备受煎熬 |
[00:29] | I mean, it is an epic story to be the father | 做这样的父亲简直是传奇 |
[00:32] | of a son who almost made it to the majors, | 儿子当初都要打公开赛了 |
[00:34] | only to suffer a career-ending injury | 却因伤结束职业生涯 |
[00:37] | and then be rudderless for years. | 之后多年迷失方向 |
[00:41] | But now he’s back. | 但如今他重振雄风 |
[00:42] | He’s ready to carve out a path, | 他准备开辟一条道路 |
[00:43] | but who knows doing what? | 但谁知道会做什么呢 |
[00:47] | You know, I never actually thought | 我从没想过 |
[00:48] | I’d hear myself say this, but… | 我会说出这种话 不过 |
[00:50] | Dave, can we just talk about you? | 戴夫 我们能聊聊你的事吗 |
[00:53] | Oh, y-yeah, totally. Of-of course. | 行 当然 完全可以 |
[00:55] | What about me? Well… | 我的事嘛 |
[00:56] | I’m just so nervous about Malcolm! | 我真是太为马尔科姆紧张了 |
[01:01] | This is his first interview in a while. | 他这么长时间以来首次面试 |
[01:02] | We’re not even sure if he’s gonna get it. | 我们也不确定他能不能搞定 |
[01:04] | So, when he gets here, let’s just play it cool. | 所以他回来时 我们不妨淡定点 |
[01:07] | – Yeah. – All right? | -好 -好吧 |
[01:08] | – Hey, guys. – Did you get it? | -大家好 -搞定工作没 |
[01:11] | Did you get it? Come on, now. Spit it out, boy. | 搞定面试没 大大方方说吧 儿子 |
[01:12] | Pop. I got the job. | 老爹 我搞定工作了 |
[01:13] | – Yeah! All right. – Yes! | -太好了 -棒 |
[01:15] | – Okay. Come on… – Here we go. | -好 快来 -抱一个 |
[01:20] | Dave, excuse me. | 戴夫 打扰下 |
[01:23] | Gosh. I’m-I’m sorry. | 天啊 不好意思 |
[01:24] | – All right. – All right. | -没事 -好的 |
[01:38] | Hey, everybody. Listen to Malcolm. | 各位 马尔科姆有话讲 |
[01:40] | – Well, turns out… – He got the job! | -结果是 -他搞定工作了 |
[01:42] | Oh, my God! He got the job! Oh, baby! | 天啊 他有工作了 宝贝 |
[01:46] | I am so proud of you. I knew you could do it. | 我真为你骄傲 我就知道你行 |
[01:49] | Aw, thanks, Ma, I appreciate it. | 谢谢 老妈 感谢你这么说 |
[01:51] | Yeah, man, congrats. | 老兄 恭喜啊 |
[01:52] | Now you can pay me back that 50 bucks you owe me. | 你欠我的五十块现在能还了吧 |
[01:54] | Man… | 兄弟 |
[01:56] | But seriously, congrats. | 说真的 祝贺你 |
[01:57] | But seriously, 50 bucks. | 不过说真的 还我五十 |
[01:59] | Get out of here, man. | 一边待着去 |
[02:01] | This is big, Malcolm. | 这是大事 马尔科姆 |
[02:02] | I mean, you’re putting yourself back out there | 你现在重整旗鼓 |
[02:05] | and years from now, you’re gonna look back on this day | 多年之后你再回头看今天 |
[02:06] | as a turning point in your life. | 就是你人生的转折点 |
[02:08] | Look, I don’t know, Pop, | 我说不好 老爹 |
[02:09] | y’all are making too big a deal out of this, man. | 你们有点小题大做 |
[02:11] | I am selling TVs at Powerhouse Electronics. | 我在强力电子卖电视 |
[02:14] | I’m not pitching in the World Series. | 又不是在世界职业棒球大赛上投球 |
[02:16] | Look, son. I know this is not your dream job. | 儿子 我知道这不是你的理想职业 |
[02:19] | But it doesn’t mean that this can’t be | 但这并不意味着它不是 |
[02:20] | a stepping stone to something real. | 通往梦想的垫脚石 |
[02:22] | I mean, with your smarts, and your work ethic, | 以你的聪明才智和职业道德 |
[02:25] | in a couple years, | 两三年后 |
[02:26] | you could be working yourself up the corporate ladder. | 你会凭借自己的工作在公司升职 |
[02:28] | I don’t know, Pop. | 不知道 老爹 |
[02:29] | I’ve never worked in sales before. | 我以前又没做过销售 |
[02:31] | Well, you’re in luck. | 你走运了 |
[02:32] | I mean, I’ve had my auto shop for 30 years. | 我经营汽车店三十年了 |
[02:35] | I could teach you all about the ABC’s of sales. | 我可以教你关于销售的基本知识 |
[02:38] | Always Be Calvin. | 做卡尔文就好 |
[02:44] | You mean, be grouchy | 你指的是脾气差 |
[02:45] | and always forget to put the toilet seat down? | 而且永远不记得把马桶圈放下来吧 |
[02:48] | N-No, babe. | 不是 亲爱的 |
[02:49] | Be confident. | 是自信 |
[02:51] | Be charming. | 迷人 |
[02:52] | And always make it about the customer’s needs. | 以及永远以客户需求为中心 |
[02:56] | This customer really needs you to put the toilet seat down. | 这位客户真心需要你把马桶圈放下来 |
[03:01] | – Okay, babe. – Okay. | -好的 亲爱的 -好 |
[03:03] | Look, I’m-a show you how it’s done, all right? | 我给你演示一下 |
[03:05] | Marty. | 马蒂 |
[03:06] | Pretend to be a customer. | 假装当顾客 |
[03:08] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[03:09] | Excuse me, sir. Do you work here? | 请问先生 你是这里的员工吧 |
[03:11] | Why yes, I do. | 是的 没错 |
[03:16] | How can I help you? | 有什么能帮到你 |
[03:17] | Oh, well, you may want to know | 想让你知道一下 |
[03:18] | that I was just in the bathroom | 我刚去洗手间 |
[03:20] | and somebody left the toilet seat up. | 有人没把马桶圈放下来 |
[03:26] | Well, perhaps you have a question about televisions. | 可能你有电视机方面的问题 |
[03:29] | As a matter of fact, I do. | 我还真是有 |
[03:31] | Does this model have VGA and HDMI inputs? | 这款有视频图形阵列和高清多媒体接口吗 |
[03:34] | And can it handle both NTSC and PAL frame rates? | 能同时处理本国及欧洲电视广播系统帧频吗 |
[03:37] | ‘Cause I don’t want to be region-locked on a 4K | 8K电视都要普及了 |
[03:38] | when 8Ks are right around the corner. | 我可不想因为区域限制只能看4K |
[03:40] | You know what I’m saying, big dog? | 你明白我的意思吗 兄弟 |
[03:43] | I’ll handle this, bro. Why don’t you go check on them toilets. | 我来处理这个 你去处理下厕所吧 |
[03:49] | I love that we’re afternoon friends now. | 真是太好了 我俩变成了午后密友 |
[03:52] | Yeah, yeah, I know, | 是啊 我也这么想 |
[03:54] | but when you said that we would be day drinking, | 但是你说白天一起喝东西 |
[03:56] | this is not exactly what I had in mind. | 我心里想的可不是这样 |
[04:00] | Ooh, Gemma, this Earl Grey tastes like Chardonnay. | 杰玛 伯爵红茶喝着像夏敦埃[白葡萄酒] |
[04:04] | The tea cup makes me feel less guilty. | 用茶杯喝罪恶感就少了 |
[04:08] | So I see you guys got a piano. Who plays? | 我看到了你们的钢琴 谁会弹 |
[04:10] | Grover started taking lessons, | 葛罗弗开始上课了 |
[04:12] | but he’s not really that into it. He doesn’t like his teacher. | 但是他不太感兴趣 他不喜欢那个钢琴老师 |
[04:15] | See, there’s your problem right there. | 问题就出在这里 |
[04:17] | When teaching piano, you have to have fun. | 教钢琴要觉得乐在其中 |
[04:26] | I didn’t know you played. | 你还会弹钢琴啊 |
[04:27] | Yeah, I started when I was about Grover’s age. | 我也是在葛罗弗这么大的时候学的 |
[04:30] | My mom was the church organist. I used to sit next to her | 我妈妈原来在教堂弹风琴 我总坐在她旁边 |
[04:33] | while she’d teach me how to play gospel songs, | 她会教我弹福音歌曲 |
[04:35] | but she would add curse words in it to make it fun. | 但是她会加些骂人的话让歌曲变得有趣 |
[04:38] | Like “hell-elujah”? | 比如”见鬼-路亚” |
[04:42] | Gemma, that’s blasphemous. | 杰玛 那是在亵渎上帝 |
[04:45] | Well, I hope Grover can be as good as you someday. | 真希望葛罗弗哪天也像你一样出色 |
[04:48] | Do you know any fun piano teachers? | 你认不认识有趣的钢琴老师 |
[04:50] | Well, I know the most fun one of all… | 我认识最有趣的 |
[04:54] | me. | 我 |
[04:56] | Oh, my God, that would be so great. | 天呐 那太棒了 |
[04:58] | But, are you sure it’s not an imposition? | 你这样不会为难吗 |
[05:00] | No, not at all. | 不会 完全不会 |
[05:02] | I’ll put up with a lot for 50 bucks an hour. | 五十块钱一小时的话 我会很有耐性的 |
[05:09] | Man, look at the size of these TVs. | 这些电视真大 |
[05:11] | I know. | 是啊 |
[05:12] | My first TV, the screen was this big. | 我第一台电视 屏幕就这么大 |
[05:15] | My first TV was black and white. | 我第一台电视还是黑白的 |
[05:18] | Kind of like you and me. | 有点像咱俩 |
[05:21] | Yeah, except I can’t turn you off. | 是啊 但我不能把你关掉 |
[05:26] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们在这里干什么 |
[05:28] | Well, your dad just wanted to see you in action. | 你爸想看看你工作的状态 |
[05:30] | Yeah, and I was halfway down the driveway | 是啊 我的车都上道了 |
[05:31] | when Dave jumped in the back of my truck. | 然后戴夫跳到了车斗里 |
[05:35] | Well, I appreciate you guys coming out to support me, | 我很感谢你们来支持我 |
[05:37] | but, uh, I’m on the clock. | 但是我忙着上班呢 |
[05:40] | Look how professional he is. | 他是不是很专业 |
[05:43] | Yeah, got his shirt all tucked in and his khakis. | 是啊 上衣都扎到卡其裤里 |
[05:48] | Hi there. Are you gentlemen being taken care of? | 你好 有销售员招呼你们吗 |
[05:51] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[05:53] | This is the most impressive salesman I’ve ever met. | 这位是我见过的最厉害的销售员 |
[05:56] | I mean, tell me the truth, | 老实说 |
[05:58] | how many times has he been employee of the month? | 他得过多少次月度最佳员工奖 |
[06:01] | Uh, well, actually, this is his first day. | 其实 今天是他上班第一天 |
[06:04] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[06:09] | Well, you know, you have one heck of a salesman | 你的销售员很不错啊 |
[06:12] | here in, uh… | 这个… |
[06:14] | Malcolm. | 马尔科姆 |
[06:16] | Let me guess, these are your dads? | 我猜 这两位是你的爸爸 |
[06:21] | Yup. They sure are. | 当然啦 |
[06:24] | No, we are not. I’m his dad. | 不 我们不是 我是他爸 |
[06:26] | And I’m his neighbor, but we’re best friends. | 我是他邻居 但我们是好朋友 |
[06:33] | Okay, well, if you don’t mind, | 你们要是不介意的话 |
[06:35] | there’s a lady over there who’s actually interested | 那边有位女士倒是真的想要 |
[06:37] | – in buying something. – Oh, please. | -买东西 -好的 去吧 |
[06:43] | Can you believe that guy actually thought we were a couple? | 那家伙竟然觉得我俩是一对 真是难以置信 |
[06:47] | Please, you could do worse. | 你去哪儿找像我这么好的 |
[06:52] | Okay, Grover, I guarantee you this piano lesson | 葛罗弗 我保证钢琴课 |
[06:55] | is gonna be a lot more fun. | 会很好玩 |
[06:57] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[06:59] | Because I’ve already had my tea. | 因为我刚喝过茶了 |
[07:02] | Now, the first step | 首先 第一步 |
[07:03] | is to visualize your audience. | 设想你面前有很多观众 |
[07:06] | I like to imagine | 我会想象 |
[07:07] | that I’m walking on stage at the Apollo Theater. | 我走在阿波罗剧院的舞台上 |
[07:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:16] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:21] | – Who are you waving at? – Quincy Jones. | -你在向谁挥手 -昆西·琼斯 |
[07:25] | – Who’s that? – Just a guy I used to date. | -他是谁 -我跟他约过会 |
[07:28] | Okay, now-now, come on, show me | 好了 现在轮到你了 |
[07:29] | how you’re gonna walk onto the stage. | 你会怎样在舞台上亮相 |
[07:35] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[07:37] | Oh, come on, Grove, that’s all you got? | 别这样 葛罗弗 你就只会这个吗 |
[07:40] | Listen, these imaginary people | 听我说 想象这些人 |
[07:42] | paid a lot of money to come see you. | 花了很多钱来看你表演 |
[07:44] | Now strut your stuff, man. Come on. | 现在好好露一手 加油 |
[07:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:49] | That’s good. | 不错 |
[07:51] | Okay. Get it. | 好 动起来 |
[07:54] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[07:57] | All right, all right. | 够了 够了 |
[07:59] | Little rock star, you haven’t dropped the album as of yet. | 小巨星 你连专辑都还没出呢 |
[08:03] | Now, most teachers teach you how to play music. | 大多数老师会教你怎么演奏音乐 |
[08:06] | I’m gonna teach you how to feel music. | 我要教你怎么感受音乐 |
[08:09] | Tell me how this makes you feel. | 告诉我你听完是什么感受 |
[08:17] | Scared. | 害怕 |
[08:19] | Like getting your credit ran at a furniture store. | 就像在家具店办分期一样 |
[08:25] | Now how about this? | 那这个呢 |
[08:30] | Happy? | 开心 |
[08:32] | Like getting your credit approved, | 就像你的分期被批准了 |
[08:34] | now you can get that waterbed! | 现在可以买水床了 |
[08:38] | Can I just go back to waving at my fans now? | 现在我能回去向粉丝挥手了吗 |
[08:41] | Yeah, but they’re not gonna cheer you on | 但你只有弹奏点什么 |
[08:43] | unless you play something, baby. | 他们才会为你欢呼 宝贝 |
[08:45] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[08:46] | Good thing our piano has this demo button. | 还好我家钢琴有个样曲按钮 |
[08:57] | Okay, mama’s gonna need some more tea. I’ll be back. | 老娘要再喝点茶 去去就回 |
[09:04] | Hey, Trevor, you wanted to see me? | 特雷弗 你找我吗 |
[09:05] | Yeah, come on in. | 是的 请进 |
[09:07] | I was looking over the receipts, and you sold four TVs today? | 我刚才翻收据 你今天卖了四台电视 |
[09:10] | Is that a good thing? | 我做得没错吧 |
[09:12] | Yeah, yeah, four TVs is great. | 当然 四台电视不错 |
[09:14] | Thank God. Man, I thought I was in trouble. | 好险 我以为我犯事了 |
[09:16] | Oh, you are. | 确实 |
[09:19] | Does it have something to do with one of my two dads? | 这和我那两个爸爸有关吗 |
[09:22] | Malcolm, it’s great that you sold four TVs, | 马尔科姆 卖掉四台电视固然是好事 |
[09:24] | but we make our real money on peripherals. | 但卖周边服务才赚钱 |
[09:26] | You know, cables, warranties, home installations. | 有线 延保 上门安装 |
[09:30] | Yeah, I offered that to all of my customers, | 我跟顾客介绍了 |
[09:32] | but nobody was interested. | 但没人感兴趣 |
[09:33] | Then you have to convince people that they need them. | 那你就要说服顾客他们需要这些 |
[09:36] | Like that little old lady you sold to earlier. | 就像之前那位买电视的小老太太 |
[09:38] | If you had told her she needed a warranty, | 如果你跟她说她需要延保 |
[09:41] | she would’ve bought it. | 她会买的 |
[09:42] | She was 80 years old, man. She didn’t need a 15-year warranty. | 她八十岁了 用不上十五年延保 |
[09:47] | Then why didn’t you sign her up for our in-store credit card? | 那你为什么没让她申请我们的店内信用卡 |
[09:50] | With 18% interest? | 18%的利率 |
[09:51] | Exactly. See, that’s how we really get them. | 正是 这就是我们的生钱之道 |
[09:55] | Now go back out there and make me proud. | 现在回去 给我做出点成绩来 |
[09:58] | And push the 65-inch Hamagakis. | 还有大力推销65寸哈马加奇斯电视 |
[09:59] | They’re about to be recalled for exploding. | 它们马上要因为爆炸风险被召回了 |
[10:03] | Trevor, I don’t think I’m comfortable | 特雷弗 我觉得我接受不了 |
[10:05] | selling people stuff they don’t need, man, | 给顾客推销他们不需要的 |
[10:07] | or that should come with a fire extinguisher. | 或是需要用上灭火器的东西 |
[10:10] | Okay, got it. Totally understand. | 知道了 我完全理解 |
[10:12] | – Cool. – You’re fired. | -那就好 -你被解雇了 |
[10:14] | What? | 什么 |
[10:16] | Look, man, clearly you’re a good guy. | 很明显是你个好人 |
[10:18] | If I knew that, I wouldn’t have hired you. | 要是我早知道这点 就不会雇你了 |
[10:21] | Hold on, let’s not be too hasty, all right. | 等等 先别冲动 |
[10:23] | I am not such a good guy. I can do much worse. | 我人品也没那么好 我可以更没底线 |
[10:27] | Nah, man, not buying it. I feel like you’re lying to me, | 我不信 我感觉你在骗我 |
[10:29] | which is good, but too late. | 这是件好事 但太迟了 |
[10:33] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[10:34] | But I hope one of them Hamagakis blows up in your face. | 希望某台哈马加奇斯把你的脸炸开花 |
[10:37] | No, you don’t. | 这不是你的真心话 |
[10:38] | Damn, you’re right. I don’t. | 该死 你说对了 不是的 |
[10:52] | – Congratulations! – Congratulations! | -恭喜 -恭喜 |
[10:56] | You did it! | 你做到了 |
[11:04] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[11:05] | Probably should’ve thrown that from farther away. | 或许我应该站远点扔的 |
[11:10] | Uh, wow, guys. | 大伙 |
[11:11] | You shouldn’t have. | 你们不该搞得这么隆重 |
[11:13] | You really shouldn’t have. | 真的不应该 |
[11:15] | Yeah, man. I agree. | 我同意 |
[11:17] | It’s just your first day. And some of us | 今天只是你第一天上班 而我们中有人 |
[11:18] | have been employed for years, you know, | 已经就业好几年了 |
[11:20] | as a rocket scientist. | 还是位火箭科学家 |
[11:23] | Have you ever sold anybody a rocket? | 你今天又卖掉一艘火箭吗 |
[11:26] | Daddy, that’s not how it works, man. | 爸爸 我不是干这个的 |
[11:30] | We’re just so happy for you. | 我们很为你高兴 |
[11:32] | Yeah. Way to go, Malcolm. | 干得好 马尔科姆 |
[11:36] | Hey, thanks, little man. | 谢谢你 小兄弟 |
[11:39] | Son, you know I’ve been hard on you | 儿子 你知道过去几年里 |
[11:41] | these last couple years, but… | 我一直对你很苛刻 但是 |
[11:43] | seeing you at work today, | 今天看到你去上班了 |
[11:45] | I’m proud of you, son. | 我为你骄傲 儿子 |
[11:47] | So, how was your first day? | 第一天上班感觉如何 |
[11:49] | It was, um… | 很… |
[11:51] | unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[11:52] | Yeah, it was! | 没错了 |
[11:54] | All right! | 恭喜 |
[12:03] | Come on, son, we about to hear about your day. | 快说 孩子 说说你今天的工作怎么样 |
[12:06] | Um, you know, Pop, I, um… | 就是 老爹 我… |
[12:08] | I sold some stuff, people bought some stuff, | 我卖了些东西 有人买了些东西 |
[12:10] | and then I talked to my boss about my future at the company. | 然后我跟老板聊了下我在公司的发展问题 |
[12:13] | See, that’s what I’m talking about right there. See? | 我说什么来着 看见没 |
[12:16] | Does anybody want to hear about my day? | 有人想听听我今天上班的事吗 |
[12:18] | Today, my satellite discovered a new supernova. | 今天 我的卫星发现了一个新的超新星 |
[12:21] | Okay, not now, Marty. Listen, | 以后再说这个 马蒂 听我说 |
[12:24] | so, did you use any of my techniques? | 你有用上我的技巧吗 |
[12:26] | Uh, every single one of ’em, Pop. | 在每个人身上都用了 老爹 |
[12:28] | That’s my boy right there. | 真是我的好儿子 |
[12:30] | Just sayin’, | 特别提示 |
[12:31] | I am also your boy. | 我也是你儿子 |
[12:35] | So, did you use any of my techniques today? | 你今天有用上我的技巧吗 |
[12:38] | Well, I repositioned a telemetry transponder | 我从六千万英里外给一台遥测应答器 |
[12:40] | from 60 million miles away. | 调整了位置 |
[12:42] | So all I’m hearing is “no.” | 我只听出了”没有” |
[12:47] | So, Grover said his piano lesson went great. | 葛罗弗说他的钢琴课很顺利 |
[12:51] | Yeah, he danced for five minutes, | 他跳了五分钟舞 |
[12:52] | gave me his autograph, and then quit. | 给我签了个名 然后不学了 |
[12:55] | What? He quit? | 什么 他不学了 |
[12:56] | Yeah. He dropped the mic, | 对 他扔下麦克风 |
[12:58] | threw two fingers to the sky, and said, | 高举两根手指 然后说 |
[13:00] | “Peace out, Pasadena! Grover has left the building!” | “拜拜了 帕萨迪纳 葛罗弗撤了” |
[13:04] | No, he can’t quit. | 不 他不能不学 |
[13:06] | I stopped taking lessons when I was his age, | 我在他这么大的时候中途而废 |
[13:08] | and I’ve regretted it ever since. | 然后后悔了一辈子 |
[13:10] | I didn’t know you wanted to play. | 我还你学过钢琴啊 |
[13:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:14] | I have this fantasy where I’m at a boring party, | 我有一个幻想 我在一个无聊的派对上 |
[13:17] | but there’s a piano across the room. | 但是房间那头有架钢琴 |
[13:19] | The crowd parts. | 人群分开 |
[13:21] | I float over to it | 我飘过去 |
[13:22] | and start tickling those ivories. | 开始弹弄琴键 |
[13:24] | Next thing you know, | 紧接着 |
[13:25] | there’s a crowd gathered around me making requests. | 一大群人围住我开始点歌 |
[13:27] | And for some reason, | 而且不知为何 |
[13:28] | Brad Pitt is sitting next to me with his shirt off. | 布拉德·皮特裸着上身坐在我旁边 |
[13:33] | So, you’re making Grover take lessons | 所以你让葛罗弗上钢琴课 |
[13:35] | because you regret giving it up. | 是因为你后悔自己放弃了 |
[13:38] | Well, yeah. | 可不是吗 |
[13:41] | Isn’t living vicariously through our kids | 最开始我们生孩子 |
[13:43] | half the reason why we have them in the first place? | 有一半不就是为了让他们代替我们活吗 |
[13:46] | Why don’t you stop forcing Grover | 不如你别再强迫葛罗弗 |
[13:48] | to do something he doesn’t want to do | 做他不想做的事 |
[13:50] | and let me give you lessons instead? | 换成我给你上钢琴课 |
[13:52] | I don’t know. It seems like it’s too late to start now. | 不好说 现在学好像太迟了 |
[13:55] | You’re right. You’re getting old. | 你说得对 你老了 |
[13:56] | You might break a hip. | 搞不好会髋骨骨折 |
[13:59] | Okay, fine. I’ll give it a shot. | 好吧 我试试 |
[14:01] | Okay. Oh. And for the record, | 好的 我得问清楚 |
[14:02] | which Brad Pitt are we talking about? | 你说的是哪部电影里的布拉德·皮特 |
[14:04] | Fight Club Brad. | 《搏击俱乐部》里的布拉德 |
[14:05] | That’s a good Brad. | 这个好 |
[14:13] | Malcolm? | 马尔科姆 |
[14:14] | Hey, Dave. What’s up? | 戴夫 你好啊 |
[14:16] | Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you had work today… | 你在这里做什么 我以为你今天要上班 |
[14:21] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[14:22] | Look, Dave, I can explain, man. | 戴夫 听我解释 |
[14:24] | I just realized that if I had been wearing a suit, too, | 我刚意识到 如果我也穿了西装 |
[14:26] | we would look just like Men in Black. | 我们就是《黑衣人》里的搭档了 |
[14:30] | Yep, that is a missed opportunity, Dave. | 是啊 错失良机 戴夫 |
[14:35] | Wait, are these job applications? | 等等 你在写求职信吗 |
[14:38] | Yeah. Look, the truth is, | 是的 实话实说 |
[14:41] | – I got fired yesterday, man. – What? Why? | -我昨天被开除了 -什么 为什么 |
[14:43] | Because they wanted me to do some sleazy stuff | 因为他们想要我耍一些 |
[14:46] | that I wasn’t comfortable with. | 我不认同的奸诈手段 |
[14:50] | You mean, like, sex stuff? | 你是说 性方面的 |
[14:52] | No, man. No, I mean, like, ripping off old ladies. | 不是 是欺诈[撕]老太太之类的 |
[14:58] | Well, that’s bad, too. | 那也不是好事 |
[15:03] | What’d your dad say? | 你爸怎么说 |
[15:04] | I haven’t told him yet. I mean, you saw him yesterday. | 我还没告诉他 你看到他昨天的样子了 |
[15:07] | He hasn’t looked at me like that since I was playing ball, man. | 上次他那么看我时 我还在打球 |
[15:10] | He was in a pretty great mood. | 他心情确实不错 |
[15:12] | You know, after we left your store, | 我们从你店里出来后 |
[15:13] | all he wanted to do was hang out together. | 他只想跟我出去玩 |
[15:15] | We even split a giant pretzel. | 我们还分吃了一个巨型椒盐卷饼呢 |
[15:18] | Wait, he split one with you? | 等等 他跟你分吃 |
[15:20] | Not evenly. | 分得不平均 |
[15:23] | Yeah, well, I can’t believe | 我不敢相信 |
[15:24] | I finally landed a job and get fired on my first day. | 我好不容易找到工作 第一天就被开除了 |
[15:28] | That’s humiliating. | 太丢人了 |
[15:29] | Well, you know what? Maybe it’s a good thing. | 你知道吗 也许这是好事 |
[15:31] | You don’t want to be stuck in a job | 你肯定不愿意陷在 |
[15:33] | that goes against your morals. | 与你的道德观相左的工作中 |
[15:35] | Yeah, but I got to do something. | 对 但我总得工作吧 |
[15:37] | You will. You’re a smart, hardworking good guy. | 你会找到的 你是个聪明勤劳的好人 |
[15:41] | A-And I’m not just saying that | 而且我这么说不是因为 |
[15:43] | because I’m one of your two dads. | 我是你两个爸爸中的一个 |
[15:48] | Oh, hey, Calvin. You going somewhere? | 卡尔文 你要去哪儿 |
[15:50] | You know, I thought I’d surprise Malcolm at work | 我想去马尔科姆店里给他个惊喜 |
[15:52] | and take him out to lunch. | 带他出去吃午饭 |
[15:55] | D-don’t do that. | 别啊 |
[15:57] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[15:59] | ‘Cause I was thinking, we had such a nice time yesterday, | 因为我在想 我们昨天那么开心 |
[16:02] | maybe… maybe we should go try a pretzel someplace else. | 或许…或许我们该去尝尝别处的椒盐卷饼 |
[16:08] | You know, maybe do a little Pasadena pretzel crawl. | 或许来一场帕萨迪纳椒盐卷饼游 |
[16:12] | That’s a hard pass, Dave. | 果断回绝 戴夫 |
[16:14] | Hey, but, uh, bring me home one. | 不过 给我打包一个 |
[16:18] | All right, well, you got it. | 好吧 没问题 |
[16:21] | All right, well, you have a good time. | 玩得开心 |
[16:23] | Bye, now. We’ll see you later. | 拜拜 回头见 |
[16:29] | Yeah, hey, M-Malcolm. Yeah, it’s Dave. | 马尔科姆 我是戴夫 |
[16:31] | Your dad is on his way to the store. | 你爸去店里了 |
[16:34] | No, no, I didn’t tell him anything. | 没有 我什么都没告诉他 |
[16:36] | I tried to stop him, but apparently, | 我试图阻止他 但是显然 |
[16:38] | I made more of our pretzel experience than he did, | 我比他更享受昨天的椒盐卷饼 |
[16:41] | which totally backfired, ’cause now I got to go get him one. | 结果现在我还得去给他买一个 |
[16:50] | Hey, Pop. | 老爹 |
[16:53] | There you are, man. | 你在这啊 |
[16:54] | I’ve been looking all over for you. | 我一直在找你 |
[16:55] | Yeah, yeah, I was, uh… | 那个 我… |
[16:56] | I was back there in a meeting. | 我在后面开会来着 |
[16:59] | Mm, must be very important. | 肯定很重要啊 |
[17:00] | I see you got your suit on. | 都穿上西服了 |
[17:02] | Are they talking about making you manager already? | 他们要让你当经理吗 |
[17:04] | Oh, well, they definitely said I wouldn’t be in this position long. | 他们肯定不会让我在这个位置待太久的 |
[17:09] | All right. Well, I just came by to take you out to lunch. | 我就是想来带你吃个午饭 |
[17:12] | Oh, great, man, I’m starving. Let’s go right now. | 太好了 我饿死了 走吧 |
[17:14] | Oh, hold on. Don’t you have to check with your boss first? | 等等 你不用和老板商量一下吗 |
[17:17] | No, no. After our talk yesterday, | 不用 昨天我们谈过了 |
[17:19] | I pretty much make up my own hours. | 我基本上可以自己安排时间 |
[17:22] | Well, all right. That’s good right there. But you know what? | 可以啊 但你知道吗 |
[17:25] | Before we go, | 走之前 |
[17:26] | I’ve been thinking about taking a look at some | 我想看看 |
[17:28] | of these flat-screens right here, | 那些超薄电视 |
[17:29] | take advantage of that employee discount. | 来个员工价 |
[17:32] | Oh, hey, Pop. Pop, you don’t need a new TV, man. | 老爹 咱们不用买新电视啊 |
[17:35] | You know what you need? | 你知道你需要什么吗 |
[17:36] | This. | 这个 |
[17:38] | – A baby monitor? – Yup. Yeah. | -婴儿监视器 -没错 |
[17:40] | I-It doesn’t just monitor babies. | 它不仅能监视婴儿 |
[17:42] | You can listen to what mom says about you | 还能趁你不在的时候 |
[17:43] | when you’re not around. | 听老妈是怎么评价你的 |
[17:46] | It would be nice to hear all those compliments. | 能听听夸奖也不错 |
[17:50] | All right. That is great. | 那真是太好了 |
[17:52] | I will ring it up for you | 我帮你买 |
[17:53] | and bring it home after my shift. Let’s go. | 然后下班后带回家 走吧 |
[17:56] | Malcolm. | 马尔科姆 |
[17:58] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[17:59] | Uh, nothing. | 没什么 |
[18:00] | just going out to lunch with my dad. | 我和我爸出去吃个午饭 |
[18:02] | H-Hold on. What, | 等等 什么 |
[18:03] | what does he mean by, “What are you doing here?” | 他这话什么意思 |
[18:05] | I mean he doesn’t work here anymore. | 我是说他不在这里工作了 |
[18:09] | What? | 什么 |
[18:10] | I got fired yesterday, Pop. | 我昨天被解雇了 老爹 |
[18:12] | Fired? How is that even possible? | 解雇 怎么可能 |
[18:15] | I mean, how bad do you have to be at something | 你得干得多烂 |
[18:17] | to get fired on your first damn day? | 才能第一天就被炒鱿鱼啊 |
[18:19] | Pretty bad, actually. | 真的很烂 |
[18:23] | He refused to do the job. | 他拒绝上班 |
[18:25] | Damn it, Malcolm. | 靠 马尔科姆 |
[18:26] | I mean, how can you refuse to do anything? | 你怎么能什么都不干 |
[18:28] | What I refused to do was rip people off, Pop, | 我是不想骗别人 老爹 |
[18:31] | and sell exploding TVs to old ladies. | 把会爆炸的电视卖给老太太 |
[18:33] | Hey, you could’ve sold those TVs to anyone. | 我也没让你只卖给老太太啊 |
[18:36] | Oh, h-hold on, now. You wanted him to sell exploding TVs? | 等等 你让他卖会爆炸的电视 |
[18:40] | Yes, but with an extended warranty. I’m not a monster. | 是的 但有延保啊 我又不是畜生 |
[18:45] | All right, look, Pop, man, I want you to be proud of me, | 老爹 我想让你以我为傲 |
[18:47] | but not if that means I can’t be proud of myself. | 但我不能以自己为耻 |
[18:49] | Look, man, don’t overthink it. | 别想太多 |
[18:51] | Some people just aren’t cut out for success. | 有些人就不是成功的料 |
[18:56] | Hold on, now. | 等等 |
[18:57] | My son is gonna be a success. | 我儿子会成功的 |
[18:59] | Because he has integrity | 因为他正直 |
[19:01] | and heart and principles, | 有真心有原则 |
[19:02] | and that’s why I know my son is gonna rise to the top. | 所以我知道我儿子会到达人生巅峰 |
[19:05] | He’s not gonna be some bottom-feeder like you. | 他不会成为你这样的卑鄙小人 |
[19:10] | All right, whatever. | 随便吧 |
[19:13] | I just came out of my office to chat up | 我从办公室出来是为了 |
[19:15] | that hot pregnant lady I saw on the security camera. | 和我在监控里看到的那个性感孕妇聊天的 |
[19:18] | Bye. | 再见 |
[19:22] | Dude’s a jackass. | 真是个混蛋 |
[19:24] | Yeah, look, Pop, I was gonna tell you the truth, man, | 老爹 我想告诉你真相的 |
[19:26] | but I just wanted to find another job first. | 我只是想先找份工作 |
[19:29] | Look, man, | 听着 |
[19:31] | I know I put a lot of pressure on you, | 我知道我给了你很大的压力 |
[19:33] | but you never have to lie to me about doing the right thing. | 但你不必因为做了正确的事而对我撒谎 |
[19:37] | Cool. Thanks, Pop. | 好 谢谢老爹 |
[19:39] | All right. So how about we get that lunch? | 我们去吃午饭吧 |
[19:41] | Sounds good to me. Where we going? | 好啊 去哪儿吃 |
[19:44] | First restaurant we see with a “help wanted” sign. | 看看哪家挂着招聘的牌子吧 |
[19:57] | How’s it going, Mom? | 怎么样了 妈妈 |
[19:58] | Uh, okay, but it’s harder than I thought. | 还行吧 但比我想象的要难 |
[20:02] | Maybe you should have some tea. | 要不你喝点茶 |
[20:06] | Miss Tina says it makes everything better. | 缇娜老师说喝茶能好受点 |
[20:10] | What else did Miss Tina teach you? | 缇娜老师还教了你什么 |
[20:12] | Well, she taught me to always start | 她教我每次 |
[20:14] | by waving to your audience. | 要先向观众挥手致意 |
[20:16] | Hey, Quincy. | 昆西 |
[20:19] | Now, let’s start with a simple scale. | 我们先从简单的音阶开始 |
[20:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:30] | Grover, that’s really good. | 葛罗弗 你太厉害了 |
[20:33] | I thought you didn’t like playing piano. | 我还以为你不喜欢弹钢琴呢 |
[20:35] | I didn’t. | 我是不喜欢 |
[20:36] | But I think maybe I like playing with you. | 但我喜欢和你一起弹 |
[20:40] | Well, we could take lessons from Miss Tina together. | 我们可以一起去缇娜老师那里学习 |
[20:43] | That sounds fun. | 那太好了 |
[20:45] | But first, let’s give some love to our fans. | 但我们先让粉丝嗨起来吧 |
[20:48] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[20:54] | Who are you waving at? | 你在向谁挥手 |
[20:55] | Oh, just this guy named Brad. | 就一个叫布拉德的 |