时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Baby, are you watching Real Housewives? | 亲爱的 你在看《家庭主妇》真人秀吗 |
[00:15] | I was gonna change the channel, | 我本来想换频道 |
[00:17] | but then somebody threw a glass of wine | 但有人泼了一杯葡萄酒 |
[00:19] | and somebody flipped a table and two hours later, | 然后又有人掀桌子 两小时后 |
[00:21] | I’m Team Teresa. | 我站特蕾莎队了 |
[00:24] | Well, I’m Team Brandi. | 我站布兰迪队 |
[00:25] | She could get hit by a table and keep on drinking. | 她被桌子砸之后还接着喝酒 |
[00:30] | Where’s Malcolm? | 马尔科姆在哪 |
[00:31] | Oh, he’s on a date with Sofia. | 他和索菲亚约会去了 |
[00:33] | Again? | 又去了 |
[00:35] | Wow, this is getting serious. | 这是玩真的了 |
[00:37] | I can’t believe I still haven’t met that girl. | 没法相信我还没见过那女孩 |
[00:40] | And I can’t believe Teresa thinks she can flip over that giant… | 我没法相信特蕾莎觉得能掀翻那大块头 |
[00:44] | Oh, no, she did it. | 天啊 她真的可以 |
[00:48] | Oh, hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[00:50] | Tina, did we order two white people? | 缇娜 我们外卖点了俩白人吗 |
[00:53] | Uh, no, uh, I did. | 不 我点的 |
[00:55] | But don’t worry, I’ll take ’em to go. | 别担心 我打包带走 |
[00:58] | So what’s going on? | 什么事 |
[00:59] | Marty invited us to trivia night down at Ernie’s Hot Spot. | 马蒂邀请我们去欧尼热点的知识问答之夜 |
[01:03] | These Pasadena peeps can’t wait to play. | 帕萨迪纳的朋友们已经迫不及待了 |
[01:08] | Who are the Johnsons? | 强森一家是谁 |
[01:10] | Let me grab my jacket and we’ll go. | 我先去拿夹克 然后出发 |
[01:12] | Well, how about you guys? You want to join us? | 你们呢 一起来吗 |
[01:13] | Uh, thanks, but I’m gonna stay in. | 谢了 我还是留下来吧 |
[01:16] | I already took my bra off. | 我已经把文胸脱了 |
[01:19] | – Calvin, you want to come? – Are you kidding me? | -卡尔文 你来吗 -搞笑呢 |
[01:22] | The last thing I want to do is sit around | 我最不喜欢的事就是 |
[01:24] | with a bunch of eggheads | 坐在一群书呆子的身边 |
[01:25] | racing to answer “what’s the biggest lake in Africa?”. | 抢着答非洲最大的湖是哪个 |
[01:28] | Lake Victoria. | 维多利亚湖 |
[01:31] | Trivia isn’t exactly my dad’s thing. | 我爸不擅长知识问答 |
[01:33] | The only facts he knows are the ones that he makes up. | 他所知道的事实都是他编的 |
[01:36] | And a lot of the times he’s wrong about those. | 而且他连自己编的都记不住 |
[01:40] | So y’all think y’all smarter than me? | 你们觉得自己比我聪明吗 |
[01:43] | Smart enough not to answer that question out loud. | 聪明到不会大声回答这个问题 |
[01:46] | Well, you don’t know what I know. | 你不知道我所知道的 |
[01:48] | I know stuff that I don’t know that I know I know. | 我连以为自己不知道的事都知道 |
[01:51] | Well, so you’re in? | 所以你要来吗 |
[01:52] | Hell yeah I’m in. | 当然要去 |
[01:54] | And, uh, for your information, Tina, | 而且我告诉你 缇娜 |
[01:57] | penguins can fly. | 企鹅可以飞 |
[01:59] | They just cool where they at. | 它们只是觉得待在地上舒服 |
[02:13] | Come on, Dad, think. We need your answer. | 加油老爸 想想 我们要答案 |
[02:16] | Okay, hold on, hold on, now. | 知道了 等下 |
[02:17] | You want to get this right, don’t you? | 你们想要正确答案对吧 |
[02:22] | I’m gonna order the buffalo wings. | 我想点个水牛城辣鸡翅 |
[02:28] | I’m guessing this is a slightly different crowd | 这些人跟你玩飞镖的对手 |
[02:30] | than your dart night. | 应该有些不同 |
[02:31] | Sure is. A lot younger. | 当然 年轻很多 |
[02:34] | More man buns. | 更多男人扎丸子头 |
[02:36] | And I heard some clown order a gin and juice with no gin. | 我还听见有人点金酒兑果汁 不要金酒 |
[02:41] | Where is my juice? I ordered it ten minutes ago. | 我的果汁还不来 十分钟前就点了 |
[02:45] | All right! Welcome to trivia night at Ernie’s Hot Spot, | 好了 欢迎来到由卡拉洗衣店赞助的 |
[02:48] | sponsored by Carla’s Fluff and Fold. | 欧尼热点知识问答之夜 |
[02:51] | Tell her I sent you and get one free fluff. | 跟她报我的名字 免费洗衣一次 |
[02:55] | Okay, y’all know how it works. | 你们都知道怎么玩 |
[02:57] | I spin the wheel and read the questions, | 我来转转盘并提问 |
[02:59] | you write down the answers and order at least three drinks. | 你们写下答案并且至少点三杯酒 |
[03:04] | “Astronomy.” “Shakespeare.” “Foreign Films.” | 天文学 莎士比亚 外国电影 |
[03:08] | Shouldn’t those all be under one category called “who cares?” | 它们不该统一归类为”鬼才在乎”吗 |
[03:12] | Dad, I like all those things. | 爸 这些都是我喜欢的 |
[03:14] | I know. Who cares? | 我知道 鬼才在乎 |
[03:17] | Okay, first category is… | 第一个类别是 |
[03:24] | “World Flags.” | 世界的国旗 |
[03:25] | Okay, here we go. | 开始了 |
[03:27] | What is the only country whose flag has five sides? | 哪个国家的国旗有五边 |
[03:33] | I got this one. | 我知道 |
[03:35] | Stop sign. | 停车标志 |
[03:40] | Uh, Dad, that’s an octagon. | 爸 那是八边形 |
[03:42] | I don’t care what kind of government it is. | 我才不在乎这是什么政府的 |
[03:47] | Okay, I know this one. | 我知道 |
[03:48] | It’s on the tip of my tongue. | 就在嘴边 可怎么都想不起来 |
[03:49] | I know it definitely starts with an “L”. | 我知道 它的首字母肯定是L |
[03:51] | – It’s Nepal. – Or ends with an “l”. | -是尼泊尔 -或者以L结尾 |
[03:55] | Don’t worry, sweetie, you were about to get it. | 别急 亲爱的 你差点就答对了 |
[03:58] | You weren’t. | 你没有 |
[04:00] | Okay, everybody, boards up. | 大家举起板子来 |
[04:02] | – The correct answer is Nepal. – Yes! | -正确答案是尼泊尔 -太棒了 |
[04:06] | And for everybody who got that right, | 凡是答对的朋友 |
[04:07] | hike your way to the bar and buy yourself a Fuzzy Nepal. | 请到吧台给自己买杯桃味尼泊尔鸡尾酒 |
[04:12] | Okay, good warm-up. Just got to focus. | 热身不错 只要集中精神就行 |
[04:14] | Which would be so much easier if I had my juice! | 如果我点的果汁能上来 就会容易很多 |
[04:23] | – Chemistry. – Yes! | -化学 -太棒了 |
[04:24] | Pb is the chemical symbol for what common element? | Pb是什么常见元素的化学符号 |
[04:30] | Ah, I know this one. | 这个我知道 |
[04:32] | Plubonium. | 是砒 |
[04:34] | Final answer. | 最终答案 |
[04:36] | Seriously, Dad? That’s not even a… | 你认真的吗 老爸 这个根本就不是 |
[04:37] | I said final answer. | 我说了这是最终答案 |
[04:39] | Gu-Guys, this is all me. Just give me a second. | 各位 这个我拿手 给我一秒钟 |
[04:42] | Pb Pb Pb. Pb. | |
[04:44] | PB and J. Aw, great. | 花生酱果酱三明治 这下好了 |
[04:47] | Now I’m hungry, too. | 我现在又饿了 |
[04:50] | It’s lead. | 是铅 |
[04:52] | Boards up. | 举起答题板 |
[04:54] | The correct answer is lead. | 正确答案是铅 |
[04:56] | Yeah. Nice, Marty. | 不错啊 马蒂 |
[04:58] | All right. You and me have got this. | 是啊 我俩可以搞定全场 |
[05:00] | Hey, we’re here, too. | 还有我们呢 |
[05:01] | Yeah, I know, but I still think we can win. | 我知道 但我还是觉得我们会赢 |
[05:09] | Hey, Ma. | 妈 |
[05:11] | Did you have a good time with Sofia? | 你和索菲亚玩得开心吗 |
[05:12] | Yes, I did. It was great. | 是啊 还挺开心的 |
[05:15] | How long have you two been seeing each other? | 你俩认识多久了 |
[05:17] | Uh, I don’t know. Maybe like two… | 我不知道 差不多两 |
[05:19] | 73 days! | 73天 |
[05:25] | When am I gonna finally meet this girl? | 那我什么时候才能见这个女孩 |
[05:27] | Look, I don’t know, Ma. Uh, soon, okay? | 我不知道 妈 快了吧 |
[05:29] | Well, what’s the problem? | 怎么回事 |
[05:30] | You act like you’re afraid to introduce her to me. | 你好像很怕把她介绍给我 |
[05:33] | I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear on that, Ma. | 妈 如果是我没讲明白的话 我向你道歉 |
[05:36] | I am terrified. | 我怕的要死 |
[05:39] | Malcolm, why? | 为什么 马尔科姆 |
[05:40] | Because every time I bring a girl home, | 因为每次我带女孩回家 |
[05:42] | you grill her like she knows who shot Tupac. | 你拷问她就像她知道谁射杀了图帕克一样 |
[05:46] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[05:47] | All moms ask questions. | 所有的妈妈都会问问题 |
[05:49] | Oh, really? Do all moms open with, | 是吗 是不是所有的妈妈张口就问 |
[05:51] | “Hey, I’m Tina. Do you want and are you able to have kids?” | “我是蒂娜 你想生孩子吗 能生吗” |
[05:56] | Well, what can I say? I’m a people person. | 我能说什么 我擅长与人打交道 |
[06:00] | I want her to make me more people. | 我想让她帮我多造点人 |
[06:07] | Hey, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[06:09] | Hey, Calvin. | 卡尔文 |
[06:12] | Congrats on the, uh, big trivia win last night. | 恭喜你昨晚大获全胜 |
[06:14] | Yeah. You too. | 好 也恭喜你 |
[06:19] | Marty was on fire. | 马蒂真是火力全开 |
[06:21] | – So was Gemma. – Yeah. | -杰玛也是 -对 |
[06:24] | – Did you see how smug he was? – She was being such a show-off! | -你看到他有多得意了吗 -她完全是在卖弄 |
[06:27] | I mean, just because I didn’t go to college, | 就因为我没上大学 |
[06:29] | he thinks he’s smarter than me? | 他就认为他比我聪明吗 |
[06:31] | Well, technically, it’s not “smarter than me,” | 严格说来 不应该用宾格的”我” |
[06:33] | it’s “smarter than I.” | 应该用主格的”我” |
[06:36] | But yours sounds way more right. | 但你的说法听起来更正确 |
[06:39] | All I know is that game wasn’t fair. | 我只知道那个比赛不公平 |
[06:41] | It was rigged for book-smart nerds like Marty. | 它是为了像马蒂这样的书呆子设计的 |
[06:44] | – I regret the day he learned to read. – Yeah. | -我当初就不该让他看书的 -对 |
[06:47] | You know, the only reason that Gemma beat me to those answers | 杰玛打败我的唯一原因是 |
[06:50] | is because I always overthink things. | 因为我总是想得太多 |
[06:53] | Or do I? | 我有吗 |
[06:56] | I mean, they may have book smarts, | 他们可能书读得多 |
[06:57] | but we’ve got street smarts. | 但我们有街头智慧 |
[06:59] | Yeah, you know what, if we had another chance, | 没错 要是再来比一次的话 |
[07:00] | we would bust a cat in their ass. | 我们会把他们一刀击毙 |
[07:06] | It’s-it’s a “cap,” Dave, not a cat. | 是一枪 不是一刀 戴夫 |
[07:12] | That does seem a lot easier. | 用枪确实会更容易 |
[07:16] | But like you said, | 但就像你说的 |
[07:18] | what if we had another chance? | 如果我们还有机会呢 |
[07:20] | You mean go back to Ernie’s next week? | 你是说下周再去厄尼的店里吗 |
[07:21] | No. No, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[07:23] | I got a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[07:24] | We’re gonna level the playing field. | 我们要公平竞争 |
[07:27] | – Oh, I see where you’re going. – You do? | -我知道你要干什么了 -你知道了 |
[07:29] | Not at all, but I trust you. | 毫无头绪 但我相信你 |
[07:35] | – So, do you eat sushi a lot? – Not often. | -你经常吃寿司吗 -不常吃 |
[07:37] | But I did once swallow Marty’s goldfish on a dare. | 但是有一回大冒险 我吞了马蒂的金鱼 |
[07:43] | Oh, my… | 我的天 |
[07:46] | Oh, my goodness. | 天哪 |
[07:48] | Malcolm, what are you doing here? | 马尔科姆 你在这里干什么 |
[07:50] | You mean eating at the place I told you I would be? | 你是说我告诉过你 我会在这里吃饭吗 |
[07:54] | You did? | 你说过吗 |
[07:56] | That must be why I’m in the mood for sushi. | 怪不得我这么想吃寿司 |
[08:03] | So, uh, aren’t you gonna introduce me? | 你不准备介绍我吗 |
[08:07] | Mom, this is Sofia. Sofia… | 妈 这位是索菲亚 索菲亚 |
[08:10] | prepare yourself. | 做好准备 |
[08:13] | It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Butler. | 很高兴见到你 巴特勒太太 |
[08:15] | So nice to meet you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[08:17] | Scoot over, Malcolm. | 坐过去 马尔科姆 |
[08:21] | Uh, Ma, this is awkward. | 妈 这样有点尴尬 |
[08:24] | Ew, so is eating with sticks. | 用棍子吃饭也很尬 |
[08:25] | A sister’s gonna need a fork up in here. | 人家需要一个叉子 |
[08:31] | Thanks for helping us, Marty. | 谢谢你帮我们 马蒂 |
[08:33] | Yeah, us two dummies, we tried everything, | 我们两个笨蛋 什么办法都试过了 |
[08:36] | but we couldn’t get the Wi-Fi to work. | 但就是弄不好无线网 |
[08:40] | Routers can be pretty complicated, | 路由器是比较麻烦 |
[08:42] | especially when you haven’t plugged them in. | 尤其是没有插上电 |
[08:48] | Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[08:49] | What are you all doing? | 你们在干什么呢 |
[08:51] | Well, one of us is plugging in your router | 我在给你的路由器插上电 |
[08:52] | and the other two are acting super sketchy. | 其余二人表现非常诡异 |
[08:57] | Dave, what’s going on? | 戴夫 怎么了 |
[08:58] | It’s rematch time! | 复赛时间到 |
[09:02] | You two are going down. | 你们俩输定了 |
[09:05] | Welcome to Trivia Night, Home Edition. | 欢迎参加家庭版知识问答之夜 |
[09:11] | Sponsored by Calvin made me do it. | 赞助人 卡尔文 是他逼我的 |
[09:22] | All right, it is game time. | 好了 比赛开始了 |
[09:25] | Calvin and Dave versus Gemma and Marty. | 卡尔文和戴夫对杰玛和马蒂 |
[09:28] | Tonight’s drink specials are | 今晚的特价饮品是 |
[09:30] | make it yourself. This ain’t my house. | 自给自足 这不是我家 |
[09:33] | Dad, | 爸 |
[09:34] | why are you doing this? | 为什么办这个 |
[09:36] | To prove that me and Dave are just as smart as you two. | 为了证明我和戴夫和你们一样聪明 |
[09:39] | Oh, so you two actually think you can beat us? | 你们真的觉得可以打败我们 |
[09:43] | Yeah, the guys who were both convinced | 就是 你俩还一口咬定 |
[09:44] | the tallest peak in California was Space Mountain. | 加州最高的山是迪士尼的太空山 |
[09:49] | Uh, hello? | 拜托 |
[09:50] | You start on land and end in space. | 那里从陆地直耸太空 |
[09:56] | All right, then. You asked for it. | 好吧 这可是你们自找的 |
[09:59] | Let’s do this. | 开战吧 |
[10:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:02] | Before you get too cocky, | 你们别得意太早 |
[10:04] | we added a couple of new categories | 我们增加了几个新分类 |
[10:05] | about some actual important knowledge. | 是关于一些非常重要的知识 |
[10:10] | “Making Ends Meet.” | “收支平衡” |
[10:13] | “Tools and Their Uses.” | “工具及其用途” |
[10:16] | “Famous Daves?” | “叫戴夫的名人” |
[10:18] | And I’ll be one after I lay the snackdown. | 等我把你们打得落花口水后 我就是名人了 |
[10:23] | Dave, it’s “smackdown.” | 戴夫 是”落花流水” |
[10:25] | No, no, no, I know. | 不 不 不 我知道 |
[10:26] | I was just gonna put some food out. | 我刚准备把吃的拿出来 |
[10:30] | So, Sofia, you’re a teacher. | 索菲亚 你是老师 |
[10:32] | That means you must like children. | 你一定很喜欢小孩 |
[10:34] | Oh, yes, I love ’em. | 对 我很喜欢小孩 |
[10:35] | They’re like little gifts from God. | 他们就是上天赐给我们的礼物 |
[10:37] | Ooh, a two-for-one answer. | 额外加分的答案 |
[10:42] | You got to keep this one around, Malcolm. | 一定得把这个妹子留住了 马尔科姆 |
[10:45] | I’m trying to. | 我正在努力 |
[10:48] | So tell me about your family. Do they live in town? | 跟我说说你的家人 他们住在市里吗 |
[10:51] | Yes. Boyle Heights. | 对 博伊尔高地 |
[10:53] | It must be nice to have them nearby. | 家人住在附近一定很幸福 |
[10:55] | Do you see them a lot? | 你经常见他们吗 |
[10:56] | All the time. | 经常 |
[10:57] | In fact, Malcolm and I just had dinner with them last week. | 其实马尔科姆和我上周刚跟他们吃过晚餐 |
[11:03] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[11:06] | So you all just met last week? | 你们上周见过家人了 |
[11:08] | Can a brother get some sake up in here? | 这里上点清酒 |
[11:12] | Oh, no, that’s not when they met. | 那不是他们第一次见面了 |
[11:13] | We all went to a Lakers game last month. | 我们上个月一起去看了湖人队的比赛 |
[11:18] | Well, isn’t that nice? | 挺温馨啊 |
[11:21] | You know, everybody just meeting and greeting | 大家都见过面 打过招呼 |
[11:24] | and going to games. | 还一起看了比赛 |
[11:26] | Ain’t nobody met my ass. | 为啥没人见我呢 |
[11:29] | All right, look, Ma, I can explain. | 妈 听我解释 |
[11:31] | No, no, no, no. Don’t bother. | 不 不 不 不必了 |
[11:34] | I’ve heard plenty. | 我听够了 |
[11:35] | Sofia, enjoy the rest of your evening, and Malcolm, | 索菲亚 祝你晚上愉快 还有马尔科姆 |
[11:38] | you’re dead to me. | 我就当没你这个儿子 |
[11:42] | Okay, the category is “Making Ends Meet.” | 问题类别是”收支平衡” |
[11:47] | “You just moved, | “你刚搬家 |
[11:49] | you’re trying to get your lights on, | 想给家里通电 |
[11:51] | but you got bad credit. | 但你的信用记录很差 |
[11:56] | What do you do?” | 你该怎么办” |
[11:58] | Put the bill in your baby’s name. | 账单登记在孩子的名下 |
[12:02] | – Correct! – Yes! Yes. | -正确 -好 |
[12:04] | What kind of trivia question is that? | 这算什么问题 |
[12:06] | A good one. | 很好的问题 |
[12:09] | One that someone might actually use in their life. | 一个在生活中能碰得上的问题 |
[12:13] | Wait a minute, is that why my credit history | 慢着 难怪我五岁 |
[12:15] | goes back to when I was five? | 就有信用记录了 |
[12:20] | Okay. | 好了 |
[12:21] | So the score is Calvin and Dave eight, | 现在卡尔文和戴夫八分 |
[12:24] | Gemma and Marty three. | 杰玛和马蒂三分 |
[12:26] | And still zero dollars in my tip jar. | 我的小费罐还是空空如也 |
[12:31] | Okay. Dave, can I talk to you in the kitchen for a second? | 戴夫 我们能去厨房谈谈吗 |
[12:34] | Yeah, but we’re right in the middle… | 可以 但比赛还没结束 |
[12:35] | Wrong answer. | 回答错误 |
[12:41] | I can’t believe you. | 难以置信 |
[12:42] | I know. I totally pulled “Davy Crockett” | 是吧 我灵机一动 |
[12:44] | out of my butt back there. | 就答出了大卫·克洛科特 |
[12:47] | That’s not what I’m talking about. | 我说的不是这个 |
[12:49] | I’m talking about how important it is | 我是说证明你比我聪明 |
[12:51] | for you to prove that you’re smarter than me. | 对你来说居然这么重要 |
[12:53] | No, it’s not. And… | 不是的 而且 |
[12:55] | technically, it’s “smarter than I.” | 严格来说 应该用主格的”我” |
[13:00] | Maybe, when you’re using “than” as a conjunction | 也许你把”比”当成连词 |
[13:02] | with an implied “am.” | 省略系动词 |
[13:03] | But I just used it as a preposition. | 但我把”比”当成介词 |
[13:09] | Okay, I owe Calvin an apology. | 我得向卡尔文道歉 |
[13:13] | So I’m better at trivia than you. Big deal. | 我比你更擅长知识问答 有什么大不了的 |
[13:16] | Why are you being so insecure? | 你为什么这么没安全感 |
[13:17] | I’m not insecure. I’m the most secure. I– | 我不是没安全感 我特别有安全感 |
[13:21] | I’m the securest. | 我是最安全感 |
[13:24] | And I know that’s not a word. | 我知道没有这个词 |
[13:26] | That’s just how secure I am. | 我就是这么有安全感 |
[13:30] | Fine, don’t admit it to me, | 行吧 不用对我承认 |
[13:32] | but at least admit it to yourself. | 但至少对自己承认吧 |
[13:33] | You’re being a giant baby. | 你就是个巨婴 |
[13:37] | Well, you see, that’s why you’re losing. | 这就是你输的原因 |
[13:40] | A giant baby is just a normal-sized adult. | 巨婴等于正常大小的成人 |
[13:54] | Look who’s home early. | 瞧瞧是谁回家这么早 |
[13:55] | I thought maybe you’d be out getting a family portrait | 我还以为你在跟索菲亚的父母 |
[13:58] | with Sofia’s parents. | 拍全家福呢 |
[14:02] | Ma, will you stop? | 妈 别闹了行吗 |
[14:03] | You met her parents, Malcolm. | 你见她父母了 马尔科姆 |
[14:05] | More than once, but you wouldn’t let her meet me? | 还不止一次 但你却不让她见我 |
[14:09] | Your father I get, but me? | 我又不是你爸 至于吗 |
[14:13] | Do I really embarrass you that much? | 我就那么令你难堪吗 |
[14:15] | Ma, you asked Sofia if she’ll be wearing white | 妈 你问了索菲亚在婚礼上 |
[14:17] | on her wedding day. | 会不会穿白色婚纱 |
[14:19] | Malcolm, I’m sorry that you feel the need | 马尔科姆 很抱歉你觉得有必要 |
[14:21] | to protect your girlfriends from me. | 保护你女朋友免受我的骚扰 |
[14:23] | I didn’t realize I was such a horrible mother. | 没想到我这个母亲这么不称职 |
[14:28] | Look, Ma, I’m not just protecting them. | 妈 我不光是保护她们 |
[14:31] | I’m also protecting you. | 我也是在保护你 |
[14:33] | From what? | 为什么 |
[14:35] | Every time I introduce you to a girl, you get so invested. | 每次我介绍女朋友给你认识 你都很投入 |
[14:38] | You get to know them, you get close to them, | 你和她们互相了解 拉近关系 |
[14:40] | and when it doesn’t work out, it breaks your heart. | 然后我分手以后 你可伤心了 |
[14:43] | That is not true. | 才不是呢 |
[14:46] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[14:47] | When I broke up with Jessica, | 我跟杰西卡分手后 |
[14:49] | you kept sneaking out to see her for three more weeks. | 你还去偷偷找了她三周 |
[14:53] | I just needed more time, okay? | 我只是需要时间过渡 好吗 |
[14:57] | Look, Ma, you know I love you. | 妈 你知道我爱你 |
[14:59] | But it’s hard enough for me to get over a girl. | 但是分手对我来说已经够难了 |
[15:01] | I don’t want to have to worry about you getting over her, too. | 我不想还要为你担心 |
[15:05] | I guess I just keep hoping every girl you bring home | 我老是希望你带回家的那个姑娘 |
[15:07] | is gonna be the one. | 就是真命天女 |
[15:09] | Ah, don’t worry about it. One of them will be. | 别担心 总会找到的 |
[15:12] | Hey, maybe Sofia. We’ll see. | 也许就是索菲亚 谁知道呢 |
[15:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:18] | Well, as long as it’s not that Jessica. | 只要不是杰西卡就行 |
[15:21] | No, that bougie skank totally ghosted me. | 那个虚荣婊跟我玩消失 |
[15:26] | Okay, we are neck and neck | 卡尔文和戴夫接连答错 |
[15:29] | after an epic collapse from Calvin and Dave. | 现在打成了平手 |
[15:35] | What the hell is with you? | 你怎么搞的 |
[15:36] | You just blew four answers in a row. | 你连续答错了四次 |
[15:38] | In a question about “Famous Daves,” | 他问”叫戴夫的名人” |
[15:40] | you answered Stephen King. | 你回答”史蒂芬·金” |
[15:43] | Well, I’m sorry, Calvin. | 抱歉 卡尔文 |
[15:45] | I guess I’m just not that smart. | 看来我没那么聪明 |
[15:47] | And I’m totally okay with it. | 而我完全不介意 |
[15:51] | You’re an idiot. | 白痴 |
[15:52] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:54] | Okay, am I missing something? | 我是不是错过什么了 |
[15:55] | I am. Tips in my jar. | 我错过了小费 |
[16:00] | Here’s a quarter. | 给你两毛五 |
[16:02] | Spin the damn wheel. | 快转轮 |
[16:04] | Okay, we are all tied up, | 好吧 我们都很忙 |
[16:07] | and apparently, since I’m doing this for a quarter, | 而且我的报酬只有两毛五 |
[16:11] | this will be our last question. | 这将是最后一个问题 |
[16:17] | “Auto Parts.” | “汽车配件” |
[16:20] | Come on. That’s not fair. | 拜托 这不公平 |
[16:21] | He’s a mechanic. | 他是机修工 |
[16:22] | Ah, guys, do you want to call it now, | 伙计们 你们是想直接投降 |
[16:24] | or do you want to go through the humiliation? | 还是想被羞辱一番 |
[16:28] | I’m just kidding. I want to see the humiliation. | 开玩笑的 我想羞辱你们一番 |
[16:32] | Okay. “In a car’s engine’s cylinders, | 好 汽车引擎的气缸里 |
[16:36] | the valves…” ? | 阀门… |
[16:39] | Lets the fuel in and the exhaust out. | 用来导入燃料 排出废气 |
[16:42] | Final answer. | 最终答案 |
[16:43] | – Incorrect. – What? | -回答错误 -什么 |
[16:46] | I did not finish asking the question. | 我还没有说完问题 |
[16:49] | In a car engine’s cylinders, | 在汽车引擎的汽缸里 |
[16:52] | the valves let the fuel in and the exhaust out. | 阀门会导入燃料 排出废气 |
[16:55] | This part moves the valves.” | 哪个零件驱动这些阀门 |
[17:00] | I can figure this out. | 我能想出来 |
[17:03] | The spark plugs ignite the fuel, | 火花塞点燃燃料 |
[17:05] | which fires the pistons, | 燃料燃烧推动活塞 |
[17:06] | which turns the crankshaft, | 活塞转动曲轴 |
[17:09] | which is attached to the timing belt, | 曲轴又连接在同步带上 |
[17:10] | which turns the camshaft. | 同步带驱动”凸轮轴” |
[17:13] | – Correct! – Yes! | -回答正确 -太好了 |
[17:17] | Marty and Gemma win, and I am out of here. | 马蒂和杰玛获胜 我也要走了 |
[17:26] | Well, looks like you were wrong. | 看来你错了 |
[17:28] | Clearly, I have nothing to prove. | 显然我没什么要证明的 |
[17:30] | Which, if you think about it, proves I was right. | 所以这证明了我是对的 |
[17:34] | You know what it proves to me? | 你知道对我来说证明了什么吗 |
[17:36] | That you’re sleeping alone tonight. | 你今晚要自己睡了 |
[17:40] | Wait. I take it back. | 等等 我收回我说的话 |
[17:41] | I was wrong about being right. | 我错了 |
[17:45] | Well, Dad, I guess I win again. | 爸 我又赢了 |
[17:48] | Well, that’s only ’cause I hit the buzzer too fast. | 那是因为我抢答太快了 |
[17:50] | You know what I mean? | 你懂吗 |
[17:51] | The problem is my cat-like reflexes. | 因为我的反应太机敏了 |
[17:55] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. | 对对对 |
[17:56] | Heads up. | 小心 |
[18:00] | You saw how I blocked that, right? I blocked that. | 你看到我怎么挡住了吧 我挡住了 |
[18:03] | Come on, Dad, what’s really going on here? | 得了吧 爸 到底怎么回事 |
[18:06] | Look, son, just because | 听着 儿子 |
[18:08] | you know a few random facts and have a degree, | 你知道一些知识 又有个学位 |
[18:11] | i-it’s not all the smart that you need. | 不代表这就聪明 |
[18:14] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[18:15] | Not everybody gets to go to college. | 不是所有人都能上大学的 |
[18:18] | I mean, I was gonna go, | 我曾经可以上 |
[18:19] | but then your grandfather got sick | 但是你爷爷生病了 |
[18:22] | and I had to go to work at his shop. | 我不得不去他的店工作 |
[18:25] | I-Is that what this is about? | 你就是想说这个吗 |
[18:27] | Dad, I-I don’t think I’m smarter than you. | 爸 我没觉得我比你聪明 |
[18:30] | You don’t? | 没有吗 |
[18:31] | No. | 当然 |
[18:32] | How do you think I knew all that car stuff? | 你以为我是怎么懂这些车的知识 |
[18:34] | When I was a kid, I followed you around, | 小时候我一直跟在你旁边 |
[18:36] | soaking up everything you said. | 听你说的每一句话 |
[18:38] | And then, because of all your hard work, | 因为你努力工作 |
[18:39] | I got to go to college, | 我才能去上大学 |
[18:40] | where I learned half of it was wrong. | 然后我才发现那些知识有一半是错的 |
[18:47] | thanks to me, you got out of kindergarten | 多亏了我 你才带着800的信用分 |
[18:49] | with an 800 credit score, so… | 从幼儿园毕业 |
[18:54] | Seriously, Dad, I’m only where I am because of you. | 说真的 我有今天的成就都是因为你 |
[18:58] | So thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:00] | You’re welcome, son. | 不客气 儿子 |
[19:04] | Well, would you look at that? | 瞧瞧 |
[19:06] | Looks like there are no losers tonight. | 我觉得今晚没有输家 |
[19:11] | Well, looks like I’m sleeping on the couch. | 我要在沙发上睡觉了 |
[19:15] | I stand corrected. | 我错了 |
[19:33] | I thought of another trivia question. | 我想起来另外一个问题 |
[19:35] | Which famous Dave acted like a total idiot tonight? | 哪个戴夫今晚看起来是个大傻瓜 |
[19:42] | Me. | 是我 |
[19:46] | Or I. | 应该用主格还是宾格 |
[19:47] | I honestly don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[19:50] | Can you please just tell me why it was so important | 能不能告诉我 证明你比我聪明 |
[19:52] | to prove you’re smarter than me? | 为什么这么重要 |
[19:54] | Gemma, don’t pretend like you don’t know. | 杰玛 不要装作不知道 |
[19:56] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[19:57] | Well, that everyone thinks | 所有人都认为 |
[19:59] | that you’re so accomplished and smart and… | 你事业有成 聪敏机智 |
[20:03] | …I’m just some hot trophy husband. | 我就是个”花瓶”丈夫 |
[20:08] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[20:10] | Sweetie, you’re the most amazing man I know. | 亲爱的 你是我见过的最了不起的人 |
[20:14] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -当然了 |
[20:16] | You’ve got this great big heart, | 你心胸宽广 |
[20:18] | you make me laugh all the time, | 你能经常逗我笑 |
[20:20] | and how can you not think you’re smart, | 作为卡拉马祖杂耍队的主力 |
[20:21] | Mr. Treasurer of the Kalamazoo juggling team? | 你怎么能觉得自己不聪明呢 |
[20:26] | I kept the budget low and the juggling clubs high. | 我一直保持杂耍队用小成本赚大钱的传统 |
[20:31] | You know, you may have lost trivia, | 你虽然输了知识问答 |
[20:33] | but if you go light some candles in the bedroom, | 但如果你在卧室点一些蜡烛 |
[20:36] | you might win something else instead. | 说不定能赢到别的东西 |
[20:40] | Are you talking about what I think you’re talking about? | 你说的是我在想的那件事吗 |
[20:44] | Correct. | 回答正确 |
[20:47] | All right. | 好嘞 |
[20:53] | We are talking about sex, right? | 我们说的是做爱吧 |
[20:56] | Yes. | 当然 |
[21:00] | It’s a good thing he’s hot. | 还好他长得帅 |