时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey, guys. | 两位好 |
[00:10] | Hey, Dave. Hey, Gemma. | 戴夫 杰玛 |
[00:11] | We just came from the farmers market. | 我们刚从农贸市场来 |
[00:13] | Buckle up, persimmon season came early. | 准备好哦 柿子今年提前上市了 |
[00:17] | Or as I like to call them, apples with attitude. | 用我的话来说 柿子是有态度的苹果 |
[00:21] | – You want to try one? – No, thanks. | -尝一个吗 -不了 谢谢 |
[00:23] | I had enough attitude from my employees today. | 今天员工的态度让我受够了 |
[00:25] | I’ll be damned if I get it from a fruit. | 我不想再让水果给我脸色看 |
[00:29] | Did something happen at the shop? | 店里出什么事了 |
[00:30] | Yeah, another one of our mechanics quit | 是的 我们又有一个机修工辞职 |
[00:32] | to go work at Motor Boys, | 投奔汽车小子了 |
[00:34] | so this month alone we’re down a Rudy and two Julios. | 单是这个月我们就失去了一位鲁迪和两位胡利奥 |
[00:39] | I mean, Julio I get, that guy was never loyal, | 胡利奥辞职倒无所谓 那家伙一点都不忠诚 |
[00:41] | but Julio? | 但是胡利奥 |
[00:44] | I thought we were friends. | 我以为我们是朋友呢 |
[00:47] | That’s awful. | 太可怕了 |
[00:48] | Yeah. Why do you think they left? | 是啊 你觉得他们为什么辞职 |
[00:50] | They don’t like the way Calvin treats them. | 他们不喜欢卡尔文对待他们的方式 |
[00:52] | What are you talking about? They love me. | 你说什么 他们可喜欢我了 |
[00:54] | I’m the world’s best boss. It says so on my coffee mug. | 我是世界最佳老板 我咖啡杯上印着呢 |
[00:58] | You’re using the mug I gave you. | 你在用我送你的杯子 |
[01:02] | And you thought it was a dumb gift. | 你还觉得这礼物太蠢 |
[01:05] | Yes, because you don’t work for him. | 对啊 因为你又不给他打工 |
[01:09] | All I’m saying, Calvin, | 我只想说 卡尔文 |
[01:10] | is you need to treat the guys with more respect. | 你需要更尊重他们一点 |
[01:13] | I respect them. | 我尊重他们 |
[01:15] | It’s not my fault they’re too stupid to understand. | 不是我的错 是他们蠢得感知不到 |
[01:19] | Okay. If we lose one more mechanic, | 好吧 如果再失去一个机修工 |
[01:21] | we’re basically a car wash. | 我们就沦为洗车房了 |
[01:24] | You know, I can help you guys. | 我可以帮你们 |
[01:25] | This is exactly what I do for my job. | 我就是干这行的 |
[01:27] | You work at a car wash? | 你在洗车房工作 |
[01:30] | No, I’m a conflict mediator. | 不 我是冲突调解员 |
[01:33] | I can go into your shop, talk to your employees, | 我可以去你店里和你的员工谈谈 |
[01:35] | and come up with ways | 找到解决办法 |
[01:36] | that you can improve your relationship with them. | 让你能改善和员工的关系 |
[01:38] | He’s really good. | 他真的很在行 |
[01:39] | At the last school I worked at, he settled a dispute | 在我工作的上一所学校 |
[01:42] | between the football team and the marching band. | 他解决了橄榄球队和军乐队之间的纠纷 |
[01:44] | The football team was beating up the band geeks? | 橄榄球队痛殴乐队呆瓜们了吗 |
[01:48] | No, the other way around. | 不是 正好相反 |
[01:50] | Our flute section was gangsta. | 我们的长笛组匪气十足 |
[01:54] | You know, baby, I think we should let Dave help us. | 亲爱的 我觉得应该让戴夫帮我们 |
[01:57] | Fine, but if you screw this up, | 好吧 但如果你搞砸了 |
[02:00] | I’m going flute section on your ass. | 我就痛揍你一顿 |
[02:13] | Oh, perfect. | 太好了 |
[02:14] | On time for dinner, but too late to help set the table. | 准时开饭 但还没赶上帮忙摆桌子 |
[02:16] | God is good. | 上帝仁慈 |
[02:19] | Yeah, God had nothing to do with it. | 上帝跟这事没关系 |
[02:21] | I saw you peeking through the window. | 我看见你从窗口偷看了 |
[02:24] | Yeah, and I saw you stick your finger in the mashed potatoes. | 我看见你把手指插进土豆泥了 |
[02:26] | You want to dance? | 抬杠吗 |
[02:28] | – Hey, what’s up, boys? – Hey, what’s up, Pop? | -孩子们 -老爹好 |
[02:30] | Yo, I heard Julio quit. | 我听说胡利奥辞职了 |
[02:32] | Uh, yeah, the hell with that guy. | 那家伙死去吧 |
[02:35] | No, I meant Julio. | 不 我是说胡利奥 |
[02:36] | Yeah, I’m really gonna miss him. | 是的 我真的很想他 |
[02:44] | Oh, hey, Dave. What’s with the clipboard? | 戴夫 你拿笔记板什么 |
[02:46] | Well, before I sit down with your employees, | 和你的员工们谈话之前 |
[02:48] | I came by to see what you had to say. | 我来看看你有什么说的 |
[02:49] | Oh, here’s what I have to say: bye, Dave. | 我想说再见 戴夫 |
[02:54] | Come on, Pop, you told Mom you were gonna take this seriously. | 老爹 你跟老妈说了会认真对待的 |
[02:57] | Yeah, besides that, you know he’s not going away. | 对啊 而且你知道他不会走的 |
[02:59] | He’s right. I’m not. | 他说得对 我没走 |
[03:03] | Fine. Come on, man, let’s get this over with. | 好吧 进来 咱们速战速决 |
[03:05] | OK, first question, | 好 第一个问题 |
[03:06] | what three words best describe your leadership style? | 用三个词描述你的领导风格 |
[03:10] | World’s best boss. | 世界最佳老板 |
[03:13] | The mug says it, and I agree. | 杯子上印的 我同意 |
[03:16] | Okay, uh, if that’s how you feel, | 好吧 如果你是这么想的 |
[03:19] | what do you think the root of the problem is at the shop? | 你认为店里存在的问题根源是什么 |
[03:22] | That’s easy, everyone else. | 太好答了 都怨别人 |
[03:25] | Okay, I think I’m getting a clearer picture of what the problem is. | 我大概清楚问题所在了 |
[03:29] | Yeah, and the picture looks like this. | 对 问题所在就长这样 |
[03:33] | Why the hell do your fingers smell like mashed potatoes? | 为什么你手指有土豆泥的味道 |
[03:39] | You know what? Pop, y-you just afraid | 你知道吗 老爹 你只是害怕 |
[03:41] | that people gonna say bad stuff about you. | 人们会说你坏话 |
[03:43] | Yeah, you know, the truth. | 是的 就是真相 |
[03:46] | No. No, the problem is | 不 不 问题是 |
[03:48] | that no one understands I’m not their friend, I’m their boss. | 员工不明白我不是他们朋友 我是他们老板 |
[03:52] | If they want a friend, they need to go on the Facebook. | 如果他们想要朋友 就去上脸书吧 |
[03:56] | You know, Calvin, you don’t need to be their friends. | 卡尔文 你不需要成为他们的朋友 |
[03:58] | Just ’cause you’re their boss | 你是他们的老板 |
[03:59] | doesn’t mean you can’t have a healthy relationship with them. | 并不意味着不能和他们保持良好的关系 |
[04:02] | I have a healthy relationship with them. | 我和他们关系很好 |
[04:04] | I’m like a loving father that they’re afraid of. | 我就像令人生畏的慈父 |
[04:08] | Move, potato fingers, go. | 躲开 土豆爪 一边去 |
[04:15] | Isn’t that the cute girl that moved in upstairs from you? | 这不是那个搬到你楼上的漂亮女孩吗 |
[04:17] | Yeah, Keira. | 是的 凯拉 |
[04:19] | All right. Did you ask her out yet? | 你约她出去了吗 |
[04:20] | Yes, every morning in my mirror. | 是的 每天早上照镜子时 |
[04:24] | Well, have you done it in front of somebody | 除了穿着星球大战睡衣那位 |
[04:27] | that’s not wearing Star Wars pajamas? | 你在别人面前做过吗 |
[04:30] | – I can’t, man. – Why not, Marty? | -我做不到 -为什么 马蒂 |
[04:33] | She makes me nervous. | 她让我好紧张 |
[04:33] | I get all mixed up and tongue-tied around her. | 我一见她就脑子空白 舌头打结了 |
[04:35] | Well, you better get untied because… | 那你赶紧解开吧 因为 |
[04:37] | – here she comes. – Oh, no! | -她过来了 -不 |
[04:38] | How much wood could a woodchuck chuck | 吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮 |
[04:40] | if a woodchuck could chuck wood? | 不吃葡萄倒吐葡萄皮 |
[04:40] | Hi, Marty. | 马蒂 |
[04:43] | Hey, Keira. | 凯拉 |
[04:45] | Uh, you brother my Malcolm, remember? | 你兄弟我家的马尔科姆 记得吗 |
[04:47] | Yeah, hi. | 记得 |
[04:49] | So I see you got your mail. You’ve got mail! | 我看到你拿着邮件 你收到了邮件 |
[04:52] | Yeah, too bad it’s all bills. | 对 可惜都是账单 |
[04:54] | I’ve got student loans! | 我有助学贷款 |
[04:57] | It’s funny ’cause she’s in debt. | 真有意思 她欠了债 |
[04:59] | You’ve got no money! | 你没有钱 |
[05:02] | Okay, well, I’ll see you guys later. | 好吧 回见 |
[05:06] | You’re gonna die alone. | 你要孤独终老了 |
[05:10] | All right, guys, I’m here to talk to you about ways | 伙计们 我今天来跟你们聊聊 |
[05:12] | Calvin and Tina can make this a respectful atmosphere, | 卡尔文和缇娜要如何在这里营造相互尊重的氛围 |
[05:14] | productive workplace, and most importantly, | 创造高效的工作环境 最为重要的是 |
[05:16] | a safe space. | 建立安全感 |
[05:27] | Oh, a question. Yes? | 有人提问了 请讲 |
[05:28] | Yeah, are we getting paid for this? | 听这个有钱拿吗 |
[05:30] | Yes, you are. | 有的 |
[05:31] | Great. Can you start from the top again? | 太好了 你能从头再讲一遍吗 |
[05:34] | Okay, basically, I’m gonna ask you some questions | 简单来讲 我要了解一下 |
[05:36] | about your issues and concerns. | 你们的不满和顾虑 |
[05:38] | But won’t we get in trouble for what we say? | 我们说了不会有麻烦吧 |
[05:41] | No, because everything you say will be strictly confidential, | 不会 你们说的一切都会严格保密 |
[05:44] | so none of you have to worry about any of this | 所以你们都不必担心 |
[05:47] | getting back to Tina or Calvin. | 会被缇娜或卡尔文知道 |
[05:49] | Hey, hey, everybody! | 大伙好 |
[05:54] | Cal-Calvin, what are you doing here? | 卡尔文 你来这干什么 |
[05:56] | Oh, I’m just bringing some doughnuts for my boys. | 给我的伙计们带些甜甜圈 |
[05:59] | There is no “I” in “team,” | 团队中不能唯”我”独尊 |
[06:01] | but there is one in “I love you guys.” | 但表达爱意一定少不了”我” |
[06:06] | Calvin, I’m-I’m trying to talk to your employees. | 卡尔文 我正在跟你的员工交流 |
[06:08] | Dave, I don’t have employees. | 戴夫 我没有员工 |
[06:11] | These guys are basically like family. | 这些人就像我的家人一样 |
[06:14] | How’s your wife, Norm? | 你老婆还好吗 诺姆 |
[06:16] | I’m not married. | 我没结婚 |
[06:18] | Well, too bad because you’re a real catch. | 可惜了 因为你真的是个理想对象 |
[06:25] | Calvin, i-if this is gonna work, you can’t be here. | 卡尔文 今天你不能在场 |
[06:28] | Okay, all right, I’m gonna go, all right? | 好吧 我走了行吧 |
[06:31] | Quick update, guys, | 快讯 伙计们 |
[06:33] | I just voted for Employee of the Month, | 我刚投票选出了本月员工之星 |
[06:36] | and congratulations, you all won! | 恭喜大家 你们都获胜了 |
[06:49] | Oh, you’re not Keira. | 不是凯拉啊 |
[06:51] | What was your first clue? | 你怎么发现的 |
[06:52] | That I’m not a woman or that I’m talking to you? | 因为我不是女的 还是因为我跟你说话了 |
[06:56] | Well, for your information, that’s about to change. | 告诉你 这一切马上就能改变 |
[06:59] | Oh, you finally asked her out? | 你终于约她了 |
[07:01] | Better. I’ve devised an elaborate plan to lure her to my apartment, | 比这更好 我设计了周密的计划把她引到我家 |
[07:04] | where I’ll be on my own turf, and therefore, | 这样我就有主场优势了 然后 |
[07:05] | more comfortable to ask her out. | 约她出去就更容易了 |
[07:08] | I call it “Operation Date Keira.” | 我称这个计划为”约凯拉行动” |
[07:12] | Yeah, that sounds more to me like | 我觉得更像是 |
[07:13] | “Operation Restraining Order.” | “限制令行动” |
[07:17] | No, trust me, man, it’s foolproof. | 不 相信我 这个计划万无一失 |
[07:18] | This morning I put a piece of my mail in her mailbox, | 今早我把我的一封邮件放进了她的邮箱 |
[07:21] | which she will feel compelled to return to me, | 这样她就不得不把信还给我 |
[07:23] | and if she doesn’t, she’s committed a felony, | 如果她不这么做 就是犯了重罪 |
[07:25] | and I’m not interested. | 我不追她了 |
[07:27] | Marty, that is the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard, | 马蒂 那是我听过最白痴的主意了 |
[07:30] | and that includes Pop’s plan to buy a mannequin | 比老爹为了开拼车专用道 |
[07:32] | so he can ride in the carpool lane. | 买人体模特还白痴 |
[07:37] | Dumb you say? | 白痴 |
[07:39] | That was the sound of the elevator, | 那是电梯的声音 |
[07:41] | and I hear the sound of beautiful little footsteps. | 我还听见了动听的脚步声 |
[07:45] | And here we go. | 她来了 |
[07:55] | Yeah, would you look at that, | 瞧瞧 |
[07:56] | you got jury duty. | 你要履行陪审团义务了 |
[08:03] | Ugh, what is taking so long? | 怎么这么久 |
[08:05] | I can’t even believe I’m about to say this, but | 不敢相信我会说这种话 |
[08:07] | when is Dave gonna get here? | 戴夫什么时候来啊 |
[08:10] | Baby, relax. | 宝贝 放松 |
[08:11] | Why are you so stressed out about Dave’s report? | 你为什么这么在意戴夫的报告 |
[08:14] | Because it’s gonna be full of lies about me. | 因为里面肯定全是对我的诽谤 |
[08:16] | And if it says that I called Norm a certain name, | 要是上面写我给诺姆起了外号 |
[08:18] | I didn’t do it. | 那不是真的 |
[08:21] | And everybody laughed. | 大家都笑了 |
[08:26] | Baby, you created this situation, | 宝贝 百因必有果 |
[08:28] | and now you have to deal with the consequences. | 你要对自己的行为负责 |
[08:30] | Like the time that cop pulled you over | 比如上次警察让你停车 |
[08:32] | for driving with that mannequin. | 因为你载了个人体模特 |
[08:36] | Well, they wouldn’t have pulled me over | 要是个白人模特 |
[08:38] | if the mannequin was white. | 他们就不会拦我了 |
[08:39] | Oh, stop. | 才不是呢 |
[08:42] | – Hey, guys. – Hey, come on in. | -你们好 -进来吧 |
[08:43] | Hey, Dave. So, uh, how’d it go down at the shop? | 戴夫 你在店里情况怎么样 |
[08:47] | Really well, and you were right about Norm. | 非常顺利 你对诺姆的评价一点没错 |
[08:50] | How is that guy single? | 他怎么可能单身 |
[08:53] | Okay, so how do we do this? | 好吧 接下来怎么做 |
[08:55] | Well, I usually start by explaining my methodology | 通常我会先解释我的方法 |
[08:57] | and how I arrived at my findings. | 以及结论的分析过程 |
[08:59] | Yeah, sounds good. We’re not gonna do any of that. Come on. | 听起来不错 这个就跳过吧 |
[09:03] | All right, uh, well, here’s what I found, | 好吧 以下是我的结论 |
[09:05] | after numerous interviews, it’s clear that your employees | 经过数轮面谈 显然你们的员工 |
[09:07] | have serious issues with… | 在以下方面意见很大 |
[09:09] | Norm’s a liar! | 诺姆是个骗子 |
[09:19] | Okay, babe, relax. I-I thought we agreed | 宝贝 放轻松 我们不是说好了 |
[09:22] | that we would accept whatever Dave says, right? | 不管戴夫怎么说都能接受吗 |
[09:25] | Well, I’m-I’m glad you feel that way, Tina, | 很高兴你能这么想 缇娜 |
[09:27] | because the complaints weren’t about Calvin, | 因为他们抱怨的不仅是卡尔文 |
[09:28] | they were about you. | 还有你 |
[09:30] | What? | 什么 |
[09:32] | You heard the man, Tina. | 你听到了 缇娜 |
[09:34] | Those idiots love me. | 那些白痴爱我 |
[09:43] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[09:44] | I’m the problem? | 有问题的是我 |
[09:45] | Calvin yells at everybody and calls them names, | 卡尔文冲谁都大呼小叫的 还给他们起外号 |
[09:48] | and they blame me? | 他们还怪我 |
[09:51] | It’s funny how that works, huh? | 峰回路转了吧 |
[09:55] | Okay, okay, okay, | 好 好 好 |
[09:56] | tell me exactly what these egg-sucking, two-bit, | 告诉我这些不知廉耻 不怀好意 |
[10:00] | no-good punks said. | 狼心狗肺的混蛋们说了什么 |
[10:04] | Well, surprise, surprise, | 你可能不信 |
[10:06] | they find you to be a little insulting. | 他们觉得你有点无礼 |
[10:10] | Fascinating. Go on. | 有意思 继续 |
[10:14] | Okay, well, uh, in general, | 总的来说 |
[10:16] | they feel like you don’t respect their work | 他们觉得你不尊重他们的工作 |
[10:18] | and sometimes can be a little unfair. | 有时候会有点不公道 |
[10:20] | Oh, my God. I mean, I-I feel horrible. | 天呐 我好难受 |
[10:24] | I mean, I would never– | 我绝不会 |
[10:26] | Give me that. | 给我 |
[10:29] | I’m sorry, Tina. | 抱歉 缇娜 |
[10:30] | These interviews have got to stay confidential. | 这些谈话记录必须保密 |
[10:33] | I took an oath. | 我发过誓 |
[10:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:36] | Well, it’s not an official one, | 不是正式的誓言 |
[10:37] | but I made up my own and I take it very seriously. | 我自己编的 但是我很认真 |
[10:41] | You know, I respect that, Dave. | 我尊重你 戴夫 |
[10:43] | Just like I respect our employees at work. | 就像我在工作中尊重我们的员工一样 |
[10:50] | You are just loving this, aren’t you? | 你在幸灾乐祸吧 |
[10:52] | Well-well, come on, Tina. This isn’t about me. | 别这样 缇娜 重点不在于我 |
[10:55] | This is about the shop. And how mean you are there. | 重点在于修车店 以及你在店里有多刻薄 |
[11:01] | Okay, look, the best thing to do at this point | 好了 现在最好的办法 |
[11:05] | is for me to sit down with the two of you and your mechanics | 就是咱们三个和你们的机修工坐下来 |
[11:08] | and figure out some adjustments that Tina can make. | 讨论一下缇娜可以做出哪些调整 |
[11:10] | This is unbelievable! | 太荒唐了 |
[11:12] | Look, come on, babe, all joking aside, | 宝贝 不开玩笑了 |
[11:15] | we cannot afford to lose any more mechanics. | 我们不能再失去机修工了 |
[11:18] | So for the good of the shop, you got to do this. | 所以为了我们的店 你必须这么做 |
[11:23] | You’re right, baby. You’re right. | 你说得对 宝贝 你说得对 |
[11:24] | If it’s for the good of the shop– | 如果是为了我们的店 |
[11:26] | Give me that! | 给我 |
[11:34] | I took an oath! | 我发过誓 |
[11:42] | What’s up, man? What you doing here? | 伙计 你怎么来了 |
[11:44] | Oh, I just came to get some supplies | 我来拿点东西 |
[11:45] | for the next phase of Operation Date Keira. | 为约凯拉行动的下一阶段做准备 |
[11:49] | Come on, Marty. I told you | 马蒂 我说了 |
[11:50] | you are making this way too complicated. | 你搞得太复杂了 |
[11:52] | No, I heard what you said, | 我听进去了 |
[11:53] | which is why I made this one way more simple. | 所以这次简单多了 |
[11:55] | All I need is a tennis racket and a frozen turkey. | 我只要一个网球拍和一只冻火鸡 |
[12:02] | You do realize if I hear any more, | 你应该明白如果你继续透露计划 |
[12:04] | I will have to testify against you. | 我将不得不作证指控你 |
[12:07] | Okay, I… I know I’m being a little crazy, | 好吧 我知道我有点莫名其妙 |
[12:10] | but I’m-I’m not like you, Malcolm. | 但我和你不同 马尔科姆 |
[12:12] | You could talk to girls about anything. | 你能跟女孩侃侃而谈 |
[12:13] | I got two subjects: science and science fiction. | 我只有两个话题 科学和科幻 |
[12:17] | Marty, you’re just making excuses, man. | 马蒂 你只是在找借口 |
[12:19] | A-And all these ridiculous plans are just half measures. | 而且这些荒谬的计划只是权宜之计 |
[12:23] | If you really want to go out with this girl, | 如果你真想和这姑娘约会 |
[12:25] | you just have to go all the way and ask her out. | 你必须一鼓作气 直接问她 |
[12:28] | Okay. You’re right. | 好 你说得对 |
[12:31] | – All the way it is. – All right. | -一鼓作气 -这就对了 |
[12:32] | I’ll see you later. | 回头见 |
[12:34] | Although, I could hire a roller-skating mime to go to… | 不过 我可以雇一个滑旱冰的默剧演员 |
[12:37] | Marty. | 马蒂 |
[12:39] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[12:40] | I’ll save that for the proposal. | 这招留着求婚再用 |
[12:52] | Hey, Tina. | 缇娜 |
[12:54] | Dave told me about the report. | 戴夫跟我说了报告的事 |
[12:55] | – How are you doing? – Terrible. | -你怎么样 -糟透了 |
[12:57] | I feel so bad about what’s going on at the shop. | 店里的事让我感到很内疚 |
[13:00] | I could really use my girl’s shoulder to cry on. | 我需要好闺蜜倾诉 |
[13:02] | I’m not giving you the folder. | 我不会把文件夹给你的 |
[13:03] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[13:05] | Come on, Tina. Finding out who said what | 缇娜 查出谁说了什么 |
[13:07] | isn’t gonna make you feel any better. | 并不会让你觉得好受 |
[13:09] | Who said anything about feeling better? I want revenge! | 谁说我要好受了 我要报仇 |
[13:14] | Look, I get it. You’re hurt, you’re angry, | 我明白 你受伤了 你很生气 |
[13:16] | you’re looking around for the folder, which isn’t here. | 你在找文件夹 但它不在这里 |
[13:20] | Come on, Gemma. | 拜托 杰玛 |
[13:21] | You know, I’ve been up all night thinking about this, | 我整宿没睡琢磨这事 |
[13:23] | and I think I finally realized what’s going on here. | 我终于搞清楚是怎么回事了 |
[13:25] | – Really? What? – Sexism. | -是吗 怎么回事 -性别歧视 |
[13:28] | Think about it. | 想想看 |
[13:28] | I am a female boss in a shop full of men, | 我是一群男人的女上司 |
[13:31] | and– huh– what a shocker, I’m the problem. | 结果我成了问题 你说惊不惊讶 |
[13:35] | I hadn’t thought about that. | 真没想到 |
[13:36] | Come on. You are a school principal | 拜托 你是学校校长 |
[13:38] | with a bunch of male employees who work under you. | 手下有一群男性员工 |
[13:41] | You know they don’t treat you with the same respect. | 你心里很清楚他们没有给你应有的尊重 |
[13:43] | I know. | 是啊 |
[13:45] | I’ve had to deal with them calling me “bossy,” | 我不得不忍受他们说我”专横” |
[13:47] | “demanding,” “bootylicious.” | “苛刻” “性感” |
[13:49] | What? | 什么 |
[13:51] | Actually, that was Ms. Nelson, the P.E. teacher. | 其实那是体育老师尼尔森女士说的 |
[13:55] | – So you know what I’m saying. – I do. | -所以你明白我在说什么 -明白 |
[13:57] | – So you’re with me? – Yeah. | -那你挺我 -是啊 |
[13:58] | – Sisters in arms? – Hell yeah! | -姐妹齐心 -当然 |
[14:00] | Oh, God, I’m so lucky to have you as a friend. | 有你这个朋友我真是太幸运了 |
[14:02] | I’m still not giving you the folder. | 我还是不会把文件夹给你的 |
[14:03] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[14:08] | There’s Keira. | 凯拉就在那儿 |
[14:09] | Now’s your chance to ask her out. | 现在就是约她出去的机会 |
[14:11] | No, man. Now’s not the time. | 不 现在不是时候 |
[14:12] | Our food’s gonna get cold. | 吃的要凉了 |
[14:14] | Marty, we have frozen yogurt. | 马蒂 我们买的是冻酸奶 |
[14:18] | Okay. You’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[14:20] | No more half measures. | 不能再用权宜之计 |
[14:21] | All right. | 对 |
[14:25] | Hey, Keira. | 凯拉 |
[14:27] | Marty. | 马蒂 |
[14:28] | Did you get the mail I put under your door? | 你看到我塞进你门下的信了吗 |
[14:29] | What? That was you? | 什么 是你放的吗 |
[14:31] | Well, on behalf of the U.S. justice system, | 我代表美国司法系统 |
[14:33] | you are guilty of being a good neighbor. | 判你犯下了好邻居罪 |
[14:37] | Uh, so, um… | 那个 |
[14:40] | I was thinking, maybe Friday night, | 我在想 周五晚上 |
[14:43] | you and I could go out on a date together. All the way. | 我们可以去约个会 一鼓作气 |
[14:47] | Uh, to-to a restaurant. | 去餐厅吃饭 |
[14:50] | That’s so sweet, | 谢谢你的好意 |
[14:52] | but I actually have a boyfriend back in Houston. | 不过我在休斯顿有个男朋友 |
[14:56] | Right, of course. Of course. | 当然了 当然了 |
[14:58] | “Houston, we have a boyfriend.” | “休斯顿 我们有男朋友” |
[15:02] | But if it’s okay with you, I’d love to be friends. | 但如果你不介意的话 我想和你做朋友 |
[15:06] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[15:07] | 美国经典喜剧《老友记》 剧名为Friends | |
[15:07] | I love friends. Almost as much as I love the TV show. | 我喜欢朋友 几乎能赶上我对《老友记》的喜爱 |
[15:10] | I’m kind of a black Chandler. | 我就像是黑人版钱德勒 |
[15:13] | – Okay, well, I’ll see you later. – Okay. | -好吧 回头见 -好 |
[15:17] | Aw, man, she has a boyfriend? | 她有男朋友 |
[15:19] | Yep. She wants to be friends. | 是的 她想和我做朋友 |
[15:21] | I’m sorry, little bro. That’s a real bummer. | 很遗憾 弟弟 太可惜了 |
[15:24] | Are you kidding? I’m in. | 闹呢 我没放弃 |
[15:26] | It may have taken seven seasons, but Monica married Chandler. | 莫妮卡和钱德勒花了七季才修成正果 |
[15:31] | Could this be a better day? | 今天太完美了 |
[15:36] | Okay, everyone, this session is for healing and moving forward. | 各位 这节课的主题是治愈伤痛和向前看 |
[15:39] | No one should feel threatened or under attack. | 大家不用感觉受到威胁或者攻击 |
[15:47] | Okay– Hey, guys, listen, | 大家听我说 |
[15:50] | Tina’s gonna say a few words, | 缇娜要讲几句 |
[15:52] | and I’ll just sit back and take a sip from my favorite mug. | 我休息一下 用我最喜欢的杯子品品咖啡 |
[16:00] | Okay, well, let me start by saying that I am sorry. | 首先 我向大家说声对不起 |
[16:04] | It was not my intention to make anyone uncomfortable. | 让大家不自在并非我的本意 |
[16:07] | It’s just, as a boss, it’s challenging | 只是作为老板 |
[16:10] | to work with a bunch of whiny-ass babies! | 和你们这帮巨婴共事太难了 |
[16:14] | O-Okay. | 行了 |
[16:15] | In-in my professional opinion, I think | 以我专业的角度来看 |
[16:18] | we should focus on the words “I’m sorry” | 我们还是把重点放在”对不起”上 |
[16:20] | rather than every word that came after that. | 不要在意后面的话 |
[16:25] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[16:26] | I’m sorry all right. | 我道歉行了吧 |
[16:28] | Sorry that I am surrounded by a bunch of male chauvinists | 很抱歉我身边是一群 |
[16:31] | who can’t stand having a woman as their boss. | 受不了女老板的大男子主义者 |
[16:35] | You got it all wrong. | 你错了 |
[16:36] | I don’t care that you’re a woman. | 我不在意你的性别 |
[16:38] | Yeah, neither do I. | 是啊 我也不在意 |
[16:39] | I mean, Julio did, but Julio set him straight. | 胡利奥之前在意 但胡利奥教训了他一顿 |
[16:43] | Babe, come on, now. | 宝贝 行了 |
[16:45] | We’re trying to save our business here. | 我们在努力挽救自家的生意 |
[16:47] | So just admit that you’re the problem | 你就承认问题出在自己身上吧 |
[16:49] | like I admitted that I wasn’t. | 就像我承认自己没错一样 |
[16:54] | You know, I don’t believe y’all. | 我才不相信你们这些人 |
[16:55] | Just because you say you’re not a sexist | 你们嘴上说没有性别歧视 |
[16:58] | doesn’t mean that you’re not. | 不代表你们真的没有 |
[16:59] | I’m not a sexist. I just didn’t think it was fair | 我没有性别歧视 我只是觉得 |
[17:01] | that you docked my pay last month. | 你扣我上个月的工资很不公平 |
[17:03] | Lenny, you broke the hydraulic jack. | 兰尼 你弄坏了液压千斤顶 |
[17:06] | Calvin wanted to fire you. I talked him out of it. | 卡尔文想把你炒了 我阻止了他 |
[17:09] | You was gonna fire me for that? | 就因为这事你就想炒了我 |
[17:11] | It had sentimental value. | 我对它是有感情的 |
[17:13] | I changed Quincy Jones’s tire with that jack. | 我用那个千斤顶给昆西·琼斯换过车胎 |
[17:18] | Okay, but what about when you made us work overtime for a week? | 那你让我们加一周班呢 |
[17:21] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[17:22] | That’s because Calvin wanted you to work on Christmas Day. | 因为卡尔文想让你们圣诞节上班 |
[17:26] | I did that so you could be with your families. | 这样你们就可以回家团聚了 |
[17:28] | – What? – You did, Calvin? | -什么 -真的吗 卡尔文 |
[17:32] | I was being culturally sensitive. | 我只是对文化比较敏感 |
[17:34] | Any one of you could be Jewish. | 你们万一有犹太人呢 |
[17:37] | Okay, all right. | 好吧 |
[17:38] | You know, I see how this is. | 我知道这是怎么回事了 |
[17:41] | It’s not about sexism at all. | 这根本与性别歧视无关 |
[17:43] | It’s Calvin. | 而是因为卡尔文 |
[17:47] | That does make way more sense. | 这样才说得通 |
[17:50] | Right, right, right. So instead of being mad at me, | 你们不应该对我不满 |
[17:52] | you should be mad at mug man over there. | 而是对那个拿着杯子的男人不满 |
[17:56] | Tina, be respectful. This mug was a gift. | 缇娜 尊重点 这个杯子是礼物 |
[18:01] | No, no, no. She’s right. | 不不不 她说得对 |
[18:02] | I want to change my answer to “Calvin.” | 我要把答案改成”卡尔文” |
[18:05] | But can I keep it anonymous? | 不过我能匿名吗 |
[18:08] | – Sit down. – Okay, all right. Well, | -坐下 -好了 |
[18:10] | Calvin, given this new and, well, in retrospect, | 卡尔文 鉴于现在的新情况 |
[18:13] | unsurprising information, | 仔细想想 也不意外 |
[18:16] | is there anything you’d like to say? | 你有什么想说的吗 |
[18:19] | Yeah. | 有 |
[18:20] | Dave, you really messed this up. | 戴夫 这件事都被你搞砸了 |
[18:23] | Calvin, these guys have been with you for a long time. | 卡尔文 这些人和你共事多年 |
[18:26] | You really want to lose them to Motor Boys? | 你真的想让汽车小子挖走他们吗 |
[18:30] | Okay, look. | 听着 |
[18:32] | Guys, I know that I can be a tough boss, | 各位 我知道我是个严厉的老板 |
[18:34] | but that’s because I care about this place. | 但那是因为我在乎这家店 |
[18:36] | And I care about you. | 我在乎你们 |
[18:38] | I mean, this isn’t some run-of-the-mill chain like Motor Boys. | 我们不像汽车小子那种普通的连锁店 |
[18:43] | This is a neighborhood shop. | 我们是一家社区店 |
[18:45] | And that’s because of the work that you do. | 这一切都源于你们的付出 |
[18:47] | So, now that I hear you, | 我听到你们的心声了 |
[18:50] | I’ll try to consider your feelings more. | 我会尽量照顾你们的感受 |
[18:54] | But I think we can all agree that from here on out, | 不过大家应该都有共识 从现在起 |
[18:59] | you’re paying for the doughnuts. | 你们来付甜甜圈的钱 |
[19:04] | O-Okay. | 行了 |
[19:05] | Well, look, Calvin, that’s a step in the right direction. | 卡尔文 这就是朝正确方向迈出的第一步 |
[19:08] | Fellas, w-what do you say? | 各位 你们觉得呢 |
[19:12] | S-Sounds fair to us. | 我们觉得挺公平的 |
[19:14] | Good. All right, well, as a sign of good faith, | 很好 为了表示我的诚意 |
[19:18] | why don’t you guys take the rest of the day off? | 你们现在就下班吧 |
[19:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:22] | We close in ten minutes. | 还有十分钟就下班了 |
[19:25] | You know what? You’re right. Why bother? | 说得对 没必要了 |
[19:27] | Get back to work. | 继续工作吧 |
[19:28] | No, no, no. Don’t listen to him. | 不不不 别听他的 |
[19:31] | You can all leave now and come in one hour later tomorrow. | 你们现在就下班 而且明天可以晚到一小时 |
[19:34] | Right, Calvin? | 对吧 卡尔文 |
[19:37] | Sure. | 对 |
[19:38] | – Yeah. – Thank you. | -太好了 -谢谢 |
[19:39] | – Thank you. – Y’all got it. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[19:41] | Well, all right. Okay. | 好了 |
[19:44] | Another business saved, relationships mended. | 又一家店得救了 主雇关系也修复了 |
[19:47] | You know, it’s like I always say | 正如我经常说的 |
[19:49] | if everyone just slows down and takes the time… | 只要每个人放慢脚步 花点时间 |
[20:00] | This place is a death trap! | 这里简直就是死亡陷阱 |
[20:09] | So none of the mechanics were sexist at all? | 所有机修工都没有性别歧视吗 |
[20:12] | No. In fact, Terrell loves strong women. | 没有 而且特瑞尔还喜欢强势的女人 |
[20:15] | He has a giant back tattoo that says “Mommy.” | 他背上还有一个”妈咪”的大文身 |
[20:18] | Aw, that’s so sweet. | 太好了 |
[20:20] | I hope Grover never ever does that. | 葛罗弗可千万别文 |
[20:24] | Oh, hey, Calvin. I was wondering where you were. | 卡尔文 我还纳闷你去哪里了 |
[20:27] | Well, to say thank you for what you did at the shop, | 为了感谢你在店里所做的一切 |
[20:29] | I got you a little gift. | 我给你买了个小礼物 |
[20:31] | You shouldn’t have. | 不用这么客气 |
[20:34] | “World’s Best Grandma”? | “世界上最好的奶奶” |
[20:39] | Don’t worry, you’ll grow into it. | 别担心 你很有潜力 |