时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Hey, Dave. What’s going on? | 戴夫 怎么了 |
[00:13] | Oh, hey, Calvin. Just picking up my new lawn signs for the campaign. | 卡尔文 我去拿竞选活动的草坪新牌子了 |
[00:18] | What do you think? | 怎么样 |
[00:21] | I think you’re gonna look great with a blacked out tooth | 我觉得你长一排黑牙 |
[00:23] | and the word “dork” across your forehead. | 额头上写个”傻子”应该挺好 |
[00:27] | Yeah, I didn’t think about the kids vandalizing my signs. | 我没考虑过孩子会乱画我的牌子 |
[00:30] | Who said anything about kids? | 谁说是孩子画的 |
[00:33] | So you’re really gonna go through with this? | 所以你真的要竞选吗 |
[00:35] | Hell, yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:36] | Look, we need stronger schools, safer parks, | 我们需要更好的学校 更安全的公园 |
[00:38] | and when it comes to our city government, | 说到市政府 |
[00:40] | – we need to have an open dialogue. – Well, great. | -我们需要打开天窗说亮话 -很好 |
[00:42] | You open that one, and I’ll close this one. | 你打开那个 那我也没什么好说的了 |
[00:45] | I’m serious, Calvin. | 我是认真的 卡尔文 |
[00:46] | We need strong representation, | 我们需要强有力的代表 |
[00:48] | and we haven’t been getting it from Isaiah Evans. | 目前以赛亚·埃文斯还没有表现出来 |
[00:50] | Look, Isaiah has been our councilman for a long time. | 以赛亚当我们的议员很久了 |
[00:54] | People love him. | 人们都爱他 |
[00:55] | He led the march on Washington. | 他领导了华盛顿的游行 |
[00:57] | You mean with Martin Luther King? | 你是说马丁·路德·金吗 |
[00:59] | No. The march on Washington Boulevard. | 不 华盛顿大道上的游行 |
[01:04] | We wanted that Chipotle, and he got it for us. | 我们想要墨西哥快餐店 他就给我们争取了 |
[01:07] | Okay, but that was a long time ago, | 好吧 那是很久以前的事了 |
[01:09] | and he hasn’t done anything since. | 从那以后他什么都没做过 |
[01:11] | Calvin, don’t you want someone who’s gonna roll up his sleeves | 卡尔文 你不希望有人卷起袖子 |
[01:13] | and make an impact on this community? | 为这个社区做出贡献吗 |
[01:15] | Nope. I don’t like government telling me what to do. | 不 我不喜欢政府告诉我该怎么做 |
[01:18] | I got Tina for that. | 我已经有缇娜了 |
[01:33] | Hi, this is Dave Johnson. | 我是戴夫·强森 |
[01:35] | I’m running for city council, | 我在竞选市议员 |
[01:36] | and I’m calling to ask for your support. | 打电话来请求你的支持 |
[01:39] | Yeah, I’m the white guy. | 是的 我是白人 |
[01:43] | Well, yes, Dave is the one | 是的 就是戴夫 |
[01:44] | who got the speed bump put in on Evergreen. | 让常青街装减速带的 |
[01:48] | Oh, you hit it too hard and messed up your alignment? | 你撞得太狠 四轮不平行了 |
[01:52] | Well, take it on down to Calvin’s Pit Stop | 那就去卡尔文维修站 |
[01:54] | and vote for Dave Johnson. | 投戴夫·强森一票吧 |
[02:04] | Grover, you are licking too slow. | 葛罗弗 你舔得太慢了 |
[02:06] | You are dabbing when you should be sliding. | 轻触的意思就是滑过 |
[02:09] | Here, let me show you. | 我示范一下 |
[02:12] | Paper cut! | 纸割我手了 |
[02:16] | Now you’re bleeding when you should be dabbing. | 轻触的时候你却流血了 |
[02:22] | So, I was thinking of inviting the women from the neighborhood | 我想邀请附近的女性过来 |
[02:25] | for an elegant ladies’ afternoon. | 享受一个优雅的闺蜜下午茶 |
[02:27] | You know, put out the good china, | 拿出好瓷器 |
[02:29] | serve some tea and scones. | 端上茶和烤饼 |
[02:31] | Tea and scones? Is Dave going to be a councilman | 茶和烤饼 戴夫要当议员 |
[02:34] | or a Disney princess? | 还是迪斯尼公主 |
[02:38] | I’m just trying to help him. | 我只是想帮他 |
[02:40] | Most of the neighborhood just knows him | 大多数邻居只知道他 |
[02:41] | as the jogger in short shorts who’s terrified of squirrels. | 穿着短裤慢跑 而且害怕松鼠 |
[02:48] | Ooh, well, well, well. | 瞧瞧 |
[02:50] | Look who showed up to volunteer. | 看看谁来当志愿者了 |
[02:52] | So, Calvin, you finally ready to ride the Dave wave? | 卡尔文 你终于准备迎接戴夫的浪潮了吗 |
[02:58] | No. | 没有 |
[02:59] | Tina told me there was a deli tray. | 缇娜告诉我这里有熟食盘 |
[03:01] | Forget the Dave wave. | 戴夫浪潮就拉倒吧 |
[03:02] | I’m ready to jump on the ham tram. | 我准备好跳上火腿电车了 |
[03:07] | You know, I don’t get it. Why won’t you support me? | 我不明白 你为什么不支持我 |
[03:08] | I supported you when Old Miss Kim accused you | 金老小姐指责你偷了她的花园侏儒的时候 |
[03:10] | of stealing her garden gnome. | 我支持了你啊 |
[03:12] | That’s because I didn’t do it. | 那是因为我没偷 |
[03:14] | I was just the lookout. | 我只是望风的 |
[03:17] | I’m serious, Calvin. | 我是认真的 卡尔文 |
[03:18] | You know, people around here really look up to you, | 这里的人都很尊敬你 |
[03:21] | and your endorsement could help my campaign. | 你的支持可以帮到我的竞选 |
[03:24] | And I’d give it to you, Dave, except for one small problem. | 我会支持你的 戴夫 但是有个小问题 |
[03:28] | This deli tray has a better chance of winning than you do. | 这个熟食盘比你更有胜算 |
[03:32] | Ooh, spicy mustard. | 辣芥末 |
[03:36] | I wouldn’t underestimate my husband. | 不要低估我丈夫 |
[03:38] | Back in Kalamazoo, he got them to shut down | 在卡拉马祖 他让政府关闭了 |
[03:40] | the strip club next to the school. | 学校旁边的脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[03:42] | Oh, good for him. | 真棒 |
[03:43] | Yeah, I was so proud. | 是啊 我太骄傲了 |
[03:45] | Even though it put half my cousins out of work. | 虽然这让我一半的表亲失业了 |
[03:51] | This isn’t Kalamazoo. | 这不是卡拉马祖 |
[03:52] | This neighborhood is 80% black, | 这个街区80%是黑人 |
[03:54] | and Dave is 100% white. | 戴夫是100%的白人 |
[03:57] | 110% when he wears his Crocs. | 他穿洞洞鞋的时候是110% |
[04:01] | You know, so what if I’m white? | 我是白人又怎么了 |
[04:03] | This community will vote for the best person for the job. | 这个社区会选出最适合这份工作的人 |
[04:05] | That’s what I believe. | 这是我的信念 |
[04:06] | And I believe I’m gonna take my sandwich to go. | 我相信我要带上三明治撤了 |
[04:10] | All aboard the ham tram! | 请上火腿电车 |
[04:12] | Toot, toot! | 嘟嘟 嘟嘟 |
[04:19] | Well, I hope you’re happy. | 希望你开心了 |
[04:22] | Oh, I am. You know, I had my doubts at first, | 是的 一开始我有点怀疑 |
[04:24] | but spicy mustard was the way to go. | 但辣芥末真是太棒了 |
[04:29] | I’m talking about Dave. | 我说的是戴夫 |
[04:31] | We’re all over there supporting him. | 我们都在那边支持他 |
[04:33] | Why won’t you? | 你为什么不去 |
[04:35] | Because I don’t want him to look like | 因为我不想让他看起来 |
[04:37] | the white guy who thinks he knows better, | 觉得白人什么都懂 |
[04:39] | swooping in to fix all the black folks’ problems. | 可以解决黑人的问题 |
[04:42] | If I wanted a white savior, | 如果我想要白人救世主 |
[04:44] | I’d watch Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side. | 我就看桑德拉·布洛克的《弱点》了 |
[04:50] | Calvin, you love that movie. | 卡尔文 你很喜欢那部电影 |
[04:52] | I don’t love that movie. | 我不喜欢 |
[04:53] | I just said, “Don’t change the channel.” | 我只是说了”别换台” |
[04:57] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[04:58] | Some people may think Dave is that way. | 有些人可能认为戴夫就是那样 |
[05:01] | But that’s not who he is, and you know that. | 但那不是他 你知道的 |
[05:03] | That’s because I’m an evolved man, Tina. | 那是因为我很有智慧 缇娜 |
[05:08] | You can’t expect the rest of the neighborhood | 你不能指望其他的邻居 |
[05:09] | to be as open-minded as me. | 像我一样开明 |
[05:14] | Open-minded? Seriously? | 开明 真的吗 |
[05:16] | You refuse to watch a movie if it has subtitles. | 电影有字幕你都不看 |
[05:19] | If I wanted to read, I’d get an audiobook. | 如果我想读书 我就买有声读物了 |
[05:24] | All I know is Dave cares about this community. | 我只知道戴夫关心这个社区 |
[05:28] | Councilman Evans has been coasting for years. | 埃文斯议员多年来一直游手好闲 |
[05:31] | All he ever does is brag about the time he met Eddie Murphy. | 他只会吹嘘他见过艾迪·墨菲 |
[05:35] | Tina, but you got to admit, that’s a great story right there. | 缇娜 但你得承认 那个故事真的很棒 |
[05:39] | I mean, the same car wash on the same day? | 在洗车的时候碰到 |
[05:42] | That’s destiny. | 这就是命运 |
[05:45] | Okay, fine. Do what you want, but I’m supporting our friend. | 好吧 随你吧 但我支持我们的朋友 |
[05:48] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[05:50] | I’m protecting him. | 我在保护他 |
[05:51] | I don’t want to see anybody attack or ridicule him. | 我不想看到任何人攻击或嘲笑他 |
[05:54] | You ridicule him all the time. | 你总是嘲笑他啊 |
[05:56] | But I do it from a place of love. | 但我是为了他好 |
[05:59] | What? | 什么 |
[06:00] | I love doing it. | 我就喜欢这样 |
[06:06] | Calvin, I can’t tell you | 卡尔文 你都不知道 |
[06:07] | how much it means to have your endorsement. | 你的支持意味着什么 |
[06:09] | Oh, I’m not endorsing you. | 我不支持你 |
[06:11] | I just brought you to the barbershop to show you | 我只是带你来理发店让你看看 |
[06:13] | what the people around here think about you running. | 这里的人怎么看待你竞选的 |
[06:15] | Plus, I can’t wait | 而且 我等不及 |
[06:17] | till the fellas hear how you shut down the strip club. | 告诉这些人你是怎么关闭脱衣舞俱乐部的 |
[06:23] | Well, you’ll see. I’m gonna get plenty of support. | 走着瞧 我会得到很多支持 |
[06:25] | After all, you know, I’m down with Que and the guys. | 毕竟我和昆还有其他人玩得很开 |
[06:28] | I just brought a squash casserole over to the shop last week. | 我上周刚带了一个南瓜砂锅来店里 |
[06:32] | Dave, | 戴夫 |
[06:33] | there’s nothing down about a squash casserole. | 南瓜砂锅没什么开心[降低]的东西 |
[06:37] | There will be once they get their cholesterol checked. | 等他们检查胆固醇就知道了 |
[06:44] | Hey, shop. | 伙计们 |
[06:46] | – What’s up, man? – Hey, Calvin. | -伙计 -卡尔文 |
[06:47] | – Hey, Calvin. – Hey, Dave. | -卡尔文 -戴夫 |
[06:48] | – What’s up, Dave? – Yo, Dave. | -戴夫 -戴夫 |
[06:51] | Did you get that thank you note I sent you for the casserole? | 你收到我寄给你的砂锅感谢信了吗 |
[06:55] | You hear that, Calvin? | 你听到了吗 卡尔文 |
[06:57] | He loved it. | 他很喜欢 |
[06:59] | And the serving dish it came in was great, too. | 而且里面的菜也很棒 |
[07:02] | I sold it for ten bucks. | 我卖了十块钱 |
[07:05] | Cool. Cool. Got that in Peru. | 酷 酷 秘鲁也挺酷 |
[07:09] | Uh, so, you guys might’ve heard | 你们可能听说了 |
[07:10] | that I’m running for city council. | 我要竞选市议员 |
[07:12] | Yeah, we heard. | 听说了 |
[07:15] | I saw one of your signs. I thought it was hilarious. | 我看到你的牌子了 太搞笑了 |
[07:18] | They drew eye patch, horns, | 他们画了眼罩 犄角 |
[07:20] | and I don’t want to say what you had in your mouth. | 嘴里有什么我就不说了 |
[07:27] | Why are you looking at me? | 你看我干嘛 |
[07:27] | I just did the eye patch and the horns. | 我只画了眼罩和犄角 |
[07:32] | O-Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:33] | I-I’m starting to get the vibe | 我感受到了 |
[07:34] | that, uh, some of you might be skeptical. | 你们有些人可能会质疑我 |
[07:36] | But, you know, I’ve got some really great ideas | 但是我有一些改善社区的好主意 |
[07:38] | about the neighborhood that I think might change your minds. | 你们说不定会改变对我的看法 |
[07:40] | Uh, I got a question. | 我有个问题 |
[07:42] | Great. Fire away. | 很好 问吧 |
[07:44] | Was that an Old Bay seasoning you used in that casserole, | 你在砂锅里用的是老湾调料 |
[07:46] | or was it Lawry’s? | 还是劳里调料 |
[07:50] | Any other questions? | 还有其他问题吗 |
[07:51] | Oh, yeah. | 有 |
[07:52] | That are not about the casserole. | 与砂锅无关的问题 |
[07:56] | Hey, good afternoon, gentlemen. | 下午好 先生们 |
[08:00] | Councilman. | 议员 |
[08:02] | I just wanted to drop in and say hi | 我想过来和我最优秀的选民 |
[08:04] | to some of my finest constituents. | 打个招呼 |
[08:06] | And Trey. | 还有特雷 |
[08:09] | You always got jokes, Councilman. | 你就是喜欢开玩笑 议员 |
[08:11] | Yeah, and you always got a court date. | 是啊 你就喜欢上庭 |
[08:14] | You got him. | 这个梗不错 |
[08:15] | Come on. | 来 |
[08:17] | Wow, so that’s Councilman Evans, huh? | 那是埃文斯议员吧 |
[08:19] | He’s really charming. | 他真的很迷人 |
[08:20] | Yeah, and wait till you feel his handshake. | 是的 等你握手就知道了 |
[08:22] | It’s smoother than margarine melting on a hot roll. | 比黄油在热卷上融化还要光滑 |
[08:26] | Calvin Butler. | 卡尔文·巴特勒 |
[08:29] | How’s that beautiful Tina? | 美丽的缇娜怎么样了 |
[08:30] | Well, she’s married to me, | 她都嫁给我了 |
[08:32] | so she’s blessed. | 所以她很走运 |
[08:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:35] | Councilman. I’m Dave Johnson. | 议员 我是戴夫·强森 |
[08:37] | Dave Johnson. The competition. | 戴夫·强森 竞争对手 |
[08:41] | It is great to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[08:44] | It is good to meet you, too. | 我也是 |
[08:46] | Oh, my God, it’s like a buttery hug. | 天哪 好像奶油般的拥抱 |
[08:50] | I’ve been doing my homework on you, | 我对你也做了功课 |
[08:52] | and it looks like you are ready to run a good race. | 看来你已经准备好跟我好好竞争一下了 |
[08:56] | Probably in short shorts. | 可能会穿着短裤 |
[09:01] | Well, you know, Councilman, now that you’re here, uh, | 议员 既然你来了 |
[09:03] | – I have a question for you. – Go right ahead. | -我有个问题要问你 -请说 |
[09:06] | Well, I’m just curious on how | 我只是好奇 |
[09:07] | you plan on approaching the shortage of schoolteachers | 你打算如何解决我们社区 |
[09:10] | that our district is currently facing. | 教师短缺的问题 |
[09:19] | Dave, that is a very important issue, | 戴夫 这是个非常重要的问题 |
[09:21] | and I’m glad you brought that up. | 我很高兴你提出来了 |
[09:25] | Our teacher shortage is a real challenge. | 教师短缺是一个真正的挑战 |
[09:27] | Right on. Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[09:28] | It is a challenge that we shall meet together | 这是我们作为一个社区 |
[09:32] | – as a community. – All right. All right. | -共同面对的挑战 -没错 |
[09:34] | And speaking of meeting, | 说到面对 |
[09:36] | did y’all hear my story about how I met Eddie Murphy? | 你们都听过我见到艾迪·墨菲的故事吗 |
[09:42] | Let Dave in here. | 让戴夫进来 |
[09:43] | He ain’t heard it yet. Come on. | 他还没听过呢 |
[09:45] | – I was getting my car washed. – Okay. | -我当时在洗车 -好的 |
[09:46] | – He was getting his car washed. – No! | -他也在洗车 -不会吧 |
[09:48] | – I look over at him. He looks back at me. – What? | -我看向他 然后他回头看我 -什么 |
[09:51] | He said… | 他说 |
[09:54] | For real! | 真的 |
[09:55] | He… Just like in the movies! | 就像电影里一样 |
[09:56] | He laughs like in the movies! | 他笑得跟电影里的一样 |
[10:00] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[10:01] | Councilman Evans totally dodged my question. | 埃文斯议员完全回避了我的问题 |
[10:05] | But can you believe | 你能相信 |
[10:06] | that him and Eddie Murphy both use cinnamon air freshener? | 他和艾迪·墨菲都用肉桂空气清新剂吗 |
[10:10] | Wow! | 哇哦 |
[10:12] | No. Not wow. | 不 不是哇哦 |
[10:15] | If anything deserves a “wow,” it’s my five-point plan. | 我的5点计划才值得你”哇哦” |
[10:17] | Each point has five points of its own. | 每点下面还有5个点 |
[10:19] | It’s a 25-point plan. | 这是25点计划 |
[10:20] | That’s 25 wows. | 值得25个哇哦 |
[10:24] | Look, Dave, the bottom line is to half of the people, | 戴夫 归根结底 对于一半的人来说 |
[10:27] | you’re the white guy who’s new in town. | 你是刚搬来的白人 |
[10:29] | To the other half, you’re the new guy who’s white. | 对另一半来说 你是新来的白人 |
[10:34] | Yo, Dave, | 戴夫 |
[10:35] | you got some explaining to do, man. | 你得解释一下 伙计 |
[10:38] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:39] | Isaiah posted a picture of you online, | 以赛亚在网上发了你的照片 |
[10:41] | standing next to a Confederate flag. | 站在邦联旗旁边 |
[10:42] | – What? – Well, that’s crazy. | -什么 -太扯了 |
[10:44] | I would never– | 我永远不会 |
[10:45] | Yeah, that’s me. | 是的 是我 |
[10:53] | You better start explaining why you’re in a picture | 你最好解释一下为什么 |
[10:55] | posing next to a cake with a Confederate flag on it. | 你在插着邦联旗的蛋糕旁边摆姿势 |
[10:58] | Calvin, you don’t understand. | 卡尔文 你不明白 |
[11:00] | Look, that picture was from my tenth birthday party. | 那张照片是我十岁生日派对上的 |
[11:03] | Well, what’d you do when you turned 11, | 你11岁生日派对上做了什么 |
[11:05] | go to a Klan rally? | 参加三K党集会吗 |
[11:08] | Isaiah cropped the picture. | 以赛亚裁切了照片 |
[11:10] | Look, the theme of the party was The Dukes of Hazzard. | 派对的主题是《正义前锋》 |
[11:13] | That flag is on their car. | 那面旗子在他们的车上 |
[11:15] | I had no idea what it meant. | 我当时不知道那是什么意思 |
[11:17] | I’ll tell you what it means now. | 我可以告诉你现在意味着什么 |
[11:18] | You can forget about being on the city council. | 你可以忘掉市议会竞选了 |
[11:21] | In fact, I wouldn’t even get on a city bus. | 我连城市巴士都不会坐的 |
[11:25] | This is a disaster. I’m gonna go talk to Gemma. | 太糟糕了 我去和杰玛谈谈 |
[11:28] | Why didn’t I have an A-Team party? | 为什么不弄个《天龙特攻队》生日派对 |
[11:30] | Everybody loves Mr. T. | 人人都爱T先生 |
[11:34] | Aw, man, I can’t believe this. | 天啊 真不敢相信 |
[11:36] | I called it. | 不意外 |
[11:37] | I knew this would happen. | 我就知道会这样 |
[11:39] | What? You knew Isaiah would find a 25-year-old picture | 什么 你知道以赛亚会找到一张25年前 |
[11:43] | of Dave blowing out the candles on a Confederate flag cake? | 戴夫吹灭邦联旗蛋糕蜡烛的照片 |
[11:47] | Yeah. I just didn’t say it out loud. | 是的 我只是没有大声说出来 |
[11:51] | Well, we got to help him clear his name. | 我们得帮他洗白 |
[11:52] | How? His name is on the cake. | 怎么洗 他的名字就在蛋糕上 |
[11:57] | Dad, Dave is your friend. | 爸 戴夫是你的朋友 |
[11:59] | You know he’s not racist. | 你知道他不是种族主义者 |
[12:00] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[12:01] | But what am I supposed to do? | 但我能怎么办 |
[12:03] | Everyone who’s seen that picture already thinks he is. | 看过那张照片的人都以为他是种族主义者 |
[12:06] | Which is exactly why we need to help him. | 所以我们才要帮助他 |
[12:09] | Because nobody knows better than black people | 因为没有人比黑人更了解 |
[12:11] | how painful it is to be labeled as something that you’re not. | 被贴上没有的标签有多痛苦 |
[12:15] | Right, Pop? | 对吧 老爹 |
[12:17] | Damn it, Malcolm. | 我靠 马尔科姆 |
[12:20] | Now I got to do the right thing. | 现在我只能拨乱反正了 |
[12:22] | And that’s on you. | 都怪你 |
[12:27] | I can’t believe Isaiah would do this. | 以赛亚居然会这么做 |
[12:30] | His handshake isn’t like a buttery hug. | 和他握手才不像奶油般的拥抱 |
[12:31] | It’s like a… | 而像 |
[12:33] | Damn it! It is like a buttery hug! | 可恶 还是像奶油般的拥抱 |
[12:38] | Well, two can play at this game. | 以其人之道还治其人之身 |
[12:40] | I’m gonna dig up some dirt on Isaiah | 我要在以赛亚身上挖些黑历史 |
[12:42] | – and see how he likes it. – What dirt? | -给他点颜色瞧瞧 -什么黑历史 |
[12:44] | Like how he never does anything | 比如他不干实事 |
[12:46] | or is cheating on his wife | 或者对妻子不忠 |
[12:48] | or how he embezzled millions of dollars from the city. | 或者挪用市政府数百万美元 |
[12:51] | You found that online? | 你在网上找到了 |
[12:52] | No, I’m putting it there. | 没有 我要发到网上 |
[12:54] | Gemma, | 杰玛 |
[12:56] | we are not gonna stoop to his level. | 我们不能像他一样低级 |
[12:58] | Look, we just have to face facts. | 我们要面对事实 |
[13:00] | I’m done. | 我没戏了 |
[13:02] | Don’t talk like that. | 别说这种话 |
[13:04] | You have never backed down from a fight in your life. | 你这辈子从没放弃过战斗 |
[13:07] | Not even when my stripper cousins jumped you at Nana’s birthday. | 即使我的脱衣舞女表妹在奶奶生日时偷袭你 |
[13:12] | Yeah, that was no joke. | 是啊 太狠了 |
[13:13] | Bambi threw glitter right in my eyes. | 斑比朝我的眼睛狂扔亮片 |
[13:17] | Hey, Gemma. | 杰玛 |
[13:18] | Hey, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[13:20] | Are you here to say “I told you so”? | 你是来说”我说吧”的吗 |
[13:22] | I wasn’t. | 不是 |
[13:23] | But now that you mention it, | 但既然你提了 |
[13:24] | it does feel right, doesn’t it? | 好像是挺爽的 |
[13:26] | Well, don’t bother. | 别费心了 |
[13:28] | I think it’s pretty obvious that I have to drop out of the race. | 很明显我只能退出竞选了 |
[13:30] | Oh, Calvin, please talk some sense into him. | 卡尔文 劝劝他吧 |
[13:32] | I’ll be upstairs. | 我上楼了 |
[13:34] | You’re not gonna go post lies about Isaiah, are you? | 你不会散布以赛亚的假新闻吧 |
[13:36] | Well, not anymore. | 现在不会了 |
[13:40] | So what do you want? | 你来干什么 |
[13:42] | Look, | 听着 |
[13:43] | I know I told you that you shouldn’t run, | 我知道我告诉过你不应该竞选 |
[13:45] | but I don’t want to see you go down like this. | 但我也不想看到你就这么输了 |
[13:49] | If Isaiah’s willing to stoop this low, then, | 既然以赛亚喜欢玩阴的 |
[13:51] | clearly, we need some change around here. | 那我们的社区确实需要一些改变 |
[13:54] | Which is why you have my vote. | 所以我准备投给你 |
[13:56] | Unless that line is too long. Yeah. | 除非排队投你的人太多 |
[13:59] | So you’re gonna help me? | 所以你要帮我吗 |
[14:01] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[14:02] | But, first, we need to find out | 但是 首先 我们得弄清楚 |
[14:03] | if Isaiah has any more dirt on you. | 以赛亚还有没有你的黑历史 |
[14:06] | Like, for Halloween, | 比如 万圣节 |
[14:07] | did you ever go as a pointy-headed ghost? | 你有没有扮过尖头鬼 |
[14:15] | Hi, I’m calling on behalf | 我代表戴夫·强森 |
[14:16] | of the Dave Johnson for City Council campaign– | 准备参加市议会竞选 |
[14:20] | Oh, well, let me tell you something about yo mama… | 好吧 我告诉你一些你妈的事 |
[14:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:27] | So far, that’s three “yo mamas…” | 到目前为止 有三个”你妈” |
[14:31] | five “go to hells” | 五个”去死” |
[14:32] | and one “I better not see your ass at Chipotle.” | 还有一个”别让我在墨西哥快餐店看到你” |
[14:37] | Everyone is so mad at us. | 大家都很生我们的气 |
[14:39] | I don’t know how much more of this I can take. | 我不知道还能承受多少 |
[14:41] | And I’m really gonna miss Chipotle. | 我真的会想念墨西哥快餐店的 |
[14:45] | Look, I know this is bad right now, | 我知道现在情况很糟 |
[14:47] | but you can get through this. | 但你可以挺过去的 |
[14:49] | You’re tough. | 你很坚强 |
[14:50] | I’m not so sure. | 我不太确定 |
[14:52] | Well, I am, okay? | 我很确定 好吗 |
[14:54] | You moved your family into this neighborhood, | 你带你的家人搬来这里 |
[14:56] | and you didn’t take mess from anybody. | 根本不鸟流言蜚语 |
[14:58] | I guess. | 可能吧 |
[14:59] | And you’re a principal at a private school. | 而且你是私立学校的校长 |
[15:02] | You have to deal with snotty, spoiled brats all day. | 你整天要对付自命不凡 被宠坏的小鬼 |
[15:05] | And their kids, too. | 还有他们的孩子 |
[15:09] | Half the time, I can’t even tell if the moms are mad at me | 有一半时间 我都不知道妈妈们是不是在生我的气 |
[15:11] | ’cause of all the Botox. | 她们脸上全是肉毒杆菌 |
[15:15] | Trust me, girl. | 相信我 妹子 |
[15:16] | You got this. | 你可以的 |
[15:18] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你说得对 |
[15:19] | I am kind of a badass B-word. | 我是一个牛逼的小婊砸 |
[15:22] | Damn straight! | 没错 |
[15:24] | You are the second strongest woman I know. | 你是我见过第二坚强的女人 |
[15:27] | Who’s the first? | 谁是第一 |
[15:28] | Me, B-word! | 我啊 小婊砸 |
[15:33] | Okay, Dave, | 戴夫 |
[15:35] | you sure you’re ready for this? | 你真的准备好了吗 |
[15:36] | It’s gonna get kind of rough in there. | 他们可不好对付 |
[15:38] | No problem. I’m just gonna start | 没问题 我上来先告诉他们 |
[15:40] | by telling them that there’s no way that I’m racist | 我不可能是种族主义者 |
[15:42] | because my best friend is black. | 因为我最好的朋友是黑人 |
[15:48] | As your black best friend, | 作为你最好的黑人朋友 |
[15:51] | never say you have a black best friend. | 永远不要说你有最好的黑人朋友 |
[15:54] | Okay. All right. Well, then I’m just gonna go in there | 好吧 那我就进去 |
[15:57] | and tell them that these false accusations have got– | 告诉他们这些错误的指控 |
[16:00] | have got me straight trippin’. | 快把我整疯了 |
[16:09] | I take it back. | 我收回 |
[16:11] | I’m not your black best friend. | 我不是你最好的黑人朋友 |
[16:15] | Okay, so… | 好吧 那 |
[16:16] | Well, what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[16:17] | Look, just go in there and show them who you really are. | 直接进去告诉他们 你是什么样的人 |
[16:20] | I’ll have your back. | 我会支持你的 |
[16:22] | Okay. I’m just gonna go in there | 好的 我进去 |
[16:24] | and I’m gonna… | 然后 |
[16:25] | and I’m gonna clap… back… at my haters. | 回怼[拍]那些喷子 |
[16:31] | I never should’ve shown him Black Twitter. | 我就不该给他看黑人的推特 |
[16:37] | Hey, guys! Hey, guys. | 伙计们 伙计们 |
[16:40] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[16:42] | Yeah. And if you got a casserole, | 是啊 如果你带了砂锅 |
[16:44] | you drop it off and you leave. | 放下就赶紧走 |
[16:51] | Okay, obviously, everyone here has seen the picture. | 很明显 这里的人都看过那张照片了 |
[16:53] | But I swear, you guys, it is not what it looks like. | 伙计们 但我发誓不是看上去的那样 |
[16:57] | Please. | 拜托 |
[16:58] | I’ve used that line before, | 我用过那句台词 |
[16:59] | and it was always what it looked like. | 每次都是看上去的那样 |
[17:02] | All right. Okay, hold on, everybody. | 好了 大家等一下 |
[17:04] | Come on. Give the man a chance. | 给他一个机会 |
[17:06] | A chance to what, | 什么机会 |
[17:07] | say he’s got a black best friend? | 说他有个最好的黑人朋友吗 |
[17:12] | Thank God you talked to me outside. | 还好你在外面提醒我了 |
[17:14] | Okay, listen up. | 听着 |
[17:16] | Now, I know what everybody in here is thinking about Dave. | 我知道大家都怎么想戴夫 |
[17:20] | But I’ve known this man for two years, | 但我认识这个人两年了 |
[17:22] | and I can tell you this for sure– | 我可以肯定地告诉你们 |
[17:24] | there is not a racist bone | 在他苍白的身体里 |
[17:26] | in his pasty little white body. | 完全没有种族歧视的骨头 |
[17:30] | But what about the picture? | 那照片呢 |
[17:31] | Look, he was a dumb kid who watched a dumb TV show. | 他当时只是看了一个破剧的傻孩子 |
[17:35] | – That doesn’t mean that he was… – Wait, wait. | -这并不意味着他 -等等 等等 |
[17:37] | Is that from The Dukes of Hazzard? | 是《正义前锋》吗 |
[17:39] | I used to love that show! | 我以前很喜欢那部剧 |
[17:43] | Yeah. It had that cool theme song. | 是啊 还有一首很酷的主题曲 |
[17:45] | *Just the good ol’ boys…* | *只有那些好孩子* |
[17:48] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[17:51] | See? | 瞧 |
[17:52] | You all watched that show. | 你们都看了那部剧 |
[17:53] | Which means that Dave didn’t do anything wrong. | 也就是说戴夫没有做错什么 |
[17:56] | That’s right. This was just Isaiah trying | 没错 以赛亚只是想抹黑我 |
[17:58] | to smear my name so that he could win… the… election. | 好让他赢得竞选 |
[18:04] | I can’t believe Isaiah would stoop that low. | 以赛亚居然玩阴的 |
[18:06] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[18:07] | And you all saw him dodge Dave’s question. | 你们都看到他回避了戴夫的问题 |
[18:10] | That’s because he doesn’t have answers. | 那是因为他没有答案 |
[18:12] | But Dave does. | 但戴夫有 |
[18:13] | He has a 25-point plan that, trust me, | 他有个25点的计划 相信我 |
[18:16] | you do not want to hear. | 你们肯定不想听 |
[18:19] | But i-if you want to read it, | 但如果你们想看的话 |
[18:21] | I have a pamphlet right here | 我这儿有本竞选手册 |
[18:23] | that has all… | 什么都有 |
[18:26] | Look, my point is | 我的意思是 |
[18:28] | is that Dave Johnson is gonna fight for us. | 戴夫·强森会为我们而战 |
[18:32] | He’s gonna make our schools stronger | 他会让我们的学校更好 |
[18:33] | and our parks safer, | 我们的公园更安全 |
[18:35] | and he’s gonna listen to the needs of this community. | 他会倾听这个社区的需求 |
[18:38] | And that’s why he has Calvin Butler’s support. | 所以他得到了卡尔文·巴特勒的支持 |
[18:40] | Now, come on. Can he count on yours? | 拜托 他能指望你们吗 |
[18:43] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -可以 -可以 |
[18:47] | Hey, tha-thank you, guys. | 谢谢你们 |
[18:49] | And thanks, Calvin. | 谢谢你 卡尔文 |
[18:51] | I don’t know how I can ever repay you. | 我都不知道该怎么报答你 |
[18:53] | Well, when you’re elected, | 你当选以后 |
[18:54] | you can fix my parking tickets. | 帮我摆平停车罚单就行 |
[18:58] | I’m gonna pretend that I didn’t hear that. | 我先假装没听到吧 |
[19:00] | Should I pretend to say it again? | 我要假装再说一遍吗 |
[19:04] | And, you know, guys, uh, | 伙计们 |
[19:06] | just so you know, Isaiah Evans isn’t the only one | 以赛亚·埃文斯不是唯一一个 |
[19:10] | who has rubbed elbows with a famous person. | 和名人有过亲密接触的人 |
[19:13] | Oh, yeah? Who’d you meet? | 是吗 你见过谁 |
[19:15] | Well, a little celebrity chef named Paula Deen. | 一个叫保拉·迪恩的名厨 |
[19:19] | Come on. We got to go. We got to go. | 走吧 赶紧溜吧 |
[19:21] | Well, where do you think I got the recipe for the casserole? | 你们以为我从哪弄来的砂锅食谱 |
[19:31] | So, you ready for your lesson? | 准备好听课了吗 |
[19:33] | Yep. Time to make my handshake | 是的 是时候让我的手 |
[19:36] | smoother… than… Isaiah’s. | 比以赛亚更光滑了 |
[19:40] | You know you don’t actually clap in a clapback? | 你知道回怼的时候不用真的拍手吧 |
[19:44] | Well, then, what have I been doing? | 那我之前在干嘛 |
[19:45] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[19:48] | Look, | 听着 |
[19:49] | now, remember, when it comes to shaking a man’s hand, | 记住 握手的时候 |
[19:53] | you want to be confident and comforting, | 要有自信 让对方舒适 |
[19:56] | like a warm sock, | 就像一只温暖的袜子 |
[19:58] | fresh from the dryer, | 刚从烘干机里拿出来 |
[19:59] | slipping onto his foot. | 滑到他的脚上 |
[20:02] | Check this out. | 瞧好了 |
[20:05] | Calvin Butler. Nice to meet you. | 卡尔文·巴特勒 很高兴认识你 |
[20:07] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[20:09] | I actually believe you meant that. | 我相信你是认真的 |
[20:10] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[20:17] | Councilman Evans. | 埃文斯议员 |
[20:19] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[20:20] | I just came by to say | 我就是过来 |
[20:21] | good luck on the campaign. | 祝你竞选顺利的 |
[20:23] | Oh, after that photo, | 那张照片发布之后 |
[20:25] | I could’ve sworn you were gonna drop out. | 我以为你肯定会退出竞选 |
[20:27] | Well, not a chance. | 不可能 |
[20:29] | It’s gonna take a lot more than that to scare me away. | 想把我吓跑还差得远呢 |
[20:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:35] | May the best man win. | 愿强者获胜 |
[20:47] | Damn. | 我靠 |